toll free

Fort Pierce, FL
toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I went to Kia on Monday and first I was not to happy with my first salesman. I spoke to the manager and he gave me Marice, he was God sent. His knowledge about Kia and the other cars were great, being that I knew very little and my husband hadn't made it yet. Being a woman trying to buy a car is very scary. Marice was the best. I told him what we wanted and he found several different cars to fit our budget. We didn't get the car until Friday due to work and school.

The entire staff at Bev Smith Kia was great. They were all so nice and made you feel at home. They got us drinks and snack while we wait for them to do the paperwork, my family was even able to get extra insurance because our payment is so low. Now we have a safe, dependable and jazzy car to drive that is great on gas. Thanks to you all for assisting my family and staying pass your work time to accommodate our needs and wants. All I can say is our 2nd car will come from Kia also. Thanks.

Love relaxing while my car is getting its check up!! Nice that there is coffee and snacks!! Everyone has a smile on their faces. :) All are very polite. You are always updated on your cars' progress and end up with a free car wash!! It's nice having them send you an email to remind you of your next check up.

My sales representative Pesad was exceptional! Also the Loan specialist was very informative. I would definitely do business with Bev Smith Kia again. I live about an hour away and the fact that they give a loaner when you have service done is a plus.

To Whom it may Concern,
We are sorry for the inconvenience that this has placed on you, however we at Bev Smith KIA of Fort Pierce have done everything that we are capable of doing to help you in this matter. We have received authorization to replace the engine with a remanufactured engine from KIA Corporate and plan on continuing to ensure that you leave in a well operating vehicle. Consequently, I am sorry, but Bev Smith KIA is neither obligated to absorb the costs of replacing the engine with a brand new engine nor the cost of your placement into a new vehicle simply because you do not like the decision that our corporate office has made. If you still prefer to have a new engine installed after we complete the repair on your vehicle, you can continue speaking with KIA Corporate/ KIA National to express your concerns, however this is not an issue with Bev Smith KIA of Fort Pierce. We value your business, however we cannot simply appeal the decision that our corporate office has made because the engine wasn’t what you were hoping for.

In addressing your experience with Bev Smith KIA and our staff, I apologize for any distress you have experienced with our staff. I have addressed the sales force and have received the assurance of the management that we do not make promises of absorbing costs or “giving” vehicles to our customers. We will continue to work hard to ensure that when we work with our customers, we communicate clearly and concisely.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I bought my 2012 Kia Sorento in March of 2015. I travel between NY and FL throughout the year. I have only had my car serviced at 2 Kia dealers. Matthews Kia NY (They aren't the problem) and Bev Smith Kia FL. I am going to mention a few things prior to the final complaint. Anytime I get service at Bev Smith they never offer to vacuum my car or wash it like NY. Back in March of 2016 I had a leak from the ac. It was leaves blocking the AC. When I went back to NY I went to vacuum my vehicle and the rug was still soaked. It smelled like mildew. I took it to Kia in NY and they dried it out, gave me special stuff to spray on it and a towel. If I didn't clean my car who knows what would of happened to the carpet. This is so far what service at Kia in FL has done to me.

Now the latest. I was driving my SUV in a 35 mph zone. It had a flapping noise so I pulled into the parking lot and it started knocking. No warning at all. I had it towed to Kia. This was on Sept 29, '16. I went on 93016 and told the service manager Tony what had happened. It was covered under warranty. I stated only a new motor. He got me a rental since I had to go to NY. On Monday Oct 3 I called to see if they got my paperwork from NY and the advisor David said I don't have time to call NY. I was at the Kia dealer in NY and got it and they faxed it.

I then spoke with Tony because David had no clue what was going on with my car. Also I was told by NY Kia not to have a refurbished motor put it. Tony said he would let Kia know. Tues Oct 4 my son checked on the car and they only checked the oil. Never took it apart. He spoke with Prasad and he said for me to look at another vehicle that I could get in one for the same payment. I went on Oct 8 and spoke with Tony he said it could be 2-3 months before its done. He recommended me speaking with Maurice a GM in sales. I spoke with him and basically from Oct 8-10 I got the runaround. I was told by Maurice that when there is a issue with service that Kia will take care of their customers and put them in a new vehicle and the other car taken care of and paid for. He wanted me to go brand new because of better deals.

He then said they were doing a buy 1 get 1. Basically said get a better deal and payment on 2 cars. My cousin came down and nothing was done. He lied to me about the price of the car she looked at. He kept saying to have us all come down and make the 2 for 1 deal. I was told by Eric that Maurice did that to get people in the door. Con artist and advertising failure. They are also advertising 5000 min trade but it's not advertised correctly. Anyways so I drove 3 vehicles that night. Only gave me a payment on 1. The guy was rude and nasty about it. Maurice took off and never gave me any answers nor my family. Also he pawned me off to 3 sales people because he said he was busy. He went in to play on his phone. I told him I only want to deal with him. I was then put with Ellie and she was trying everything in her power to help. Only 2 sales people nice and prof. Her and Andre.

He then said they aren't going to take the car in as a trade in. I said, "Who is going to pay on 2 loans?" He says, "Don't worry about it". Finally yesterday he says, "You need to hurry up and make a decision and buy a car". I asked why. He says so I have a new car and the other loan can go on mine and grandma's credit. I finally asked for the owner. They refuse and a guy Mark said he was the owner. He's not, he's a GM. I said, "Where's the owner?" He says, "Dead". I said, "Then who is next?" He says a 72 yr old son that does nothing but sit home. He wanted to know what the problem was and I said above.

He went to go check on my car and said a motor was in. It wasn't a few min before that because I was told they were waiting on Kia. I asked if it was new he kept saying right. I said answer 'yes' or 'no. He pounded the table and says, "I'm from NY too. I can be an idiot too." So he insulted my son and I at the table. I said I was tired of being treated and harassed. He says it's not sales, it's service. No it's both.

My name is Andrew ** and I have purchased 3 vehicle from Bev Smith dealers. The first was an 07 Toyota Tacoma, the truck has served me well but the buying experience was less than satisfactory. I was treaty rudely and was insulted as I left the first night I was there. I visited 6 dealer that day and unfortunately Beverly Smith Toyota was the only dealer that had something that would fit my needs so I reluctantly did business with them. The next vehicle was a 2013 Kia Soul and again I was less than impressed. I had given them my keys to my trade in so they could evaluate it and when I tried to leave they have my keys hostage. I had to threaten to call the police before the manager would give them back. The sales person then came running out into the parking lot to tell me they would give me the deal is was looking for. Again the vehicle served me well.

In 2016 I went back and purchased a Kia Sedona. I have only put 12,000 miles on the vehicle and I have a vibration when I hit about 70 MPH and it has been doing this for some time. I had to take a trip to New York and put 2,800 miles on it in a week. Since it was vibrating long before I went to New York I find it hard to believe when the service manager told me the vibrating was caused by cupping of the tires and there was nothing he could do for me. I can tell you from my heart I will never do business with any dealer that has the Beverly Smith name on it. I am a service advisor for the world's largest food equipment manufacturer and if I had a customer that was treated the way I have been you can bet I wouId not have a job. If there is anyone in any of the many Bev Smith dealers cares just look up my name at the Kia dealer in Stuart for my inflation. They have it on file, but knowing how they do business in doubt I will hear from them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bev Smith Kia Ft. Pierce?

I always have a pleasant experience when visiting Bev Smith. The salesman are always very informative and always ready to set you up, esp. with setting radio and phone. I appreciate that. The hospitality is always good too, offering sandwiches and drinks, which is appreciated. This is my third Kia. I'M hooked for life...

I made the appoint. They accommodated me with time as best they could. Scott, my regular service rep, was as professional and polite as always. The work was done quickly and well. My car was returned. I left happy.

I was very satisfied with the prompt attention at check in. All of the work was done in a reasonable time. The waiting room was comfortable and offered beverages and snacks! After the work was completed I was promptly notified and the car was cleaned and ready to go!

It had been approximately 5000 miles since our last service. At that time, Bev Smith KIA replaced all four tires honoring their long standing "Free Tires for Life policy" only charging for the mounting and balancing, as I had the vehicle's wheel alignment checked at the previous service. The day before the next car service, I had one of those new tires ruined by a road hazard puncture in the sidewall. Bev Smith KIA replaced the tire, complete with mounting and balancing, free of charge under their Road Hazard Protection Plan. Thank you, Bev Smith KIA.

Bev Smith Kia

The customer and I spoke and she was under the impression the 1 star was a good rating. She feels the ladies she worked with were wonderful and did a good job. She is very happy with her experience.

Original review: July 9, 2016

Our last four cars have been KIAs and we have been very happy with them. I especially love the SOUL. I love that you can put the back seats down for more room in the trunk and the backup camera.

I've met the service rep many times but don't recall his name. He is informative, breaks down expenses, provides estimates, everything. Not a big deal, but when they put on new tires they didn't clean the rims. Nothing like a new set of tires. That's the only thing I can think of. Otherwise great service.

When our car broke down on a Sunday on I95 in Palm Bay, we had no idea what was wrong so we had it towed via AAA to Bev Smith Kia. The service department manager called us first thing Monday morning. We explained the noise the car had been making and the fact that it just stopped working. He told us what the problem may be and to fax everything over. He made sure we also had a loaner car because we needed two cars. The service manager and all mechanics were extremely helpful the entire time. They kept us up-to-date and made sure all work done was under warranty. I cannot rave about the entire service department enough!!!

6 month service. Good service. Very good customer service.

My wife had some questions about recent service. New battery was installed. Ms. Flora ** was great, and explained the charges to my wife. Kia is great! Thank you very much.

My wife took her 08 sorento there due to trans problem. Seems every now and then it has no power upon starting. You shut it off and restart it may fix it. We have had this car in their shop over six times. They changed transmission. Still does it. They said they changed other things... Still does it. Finally they hooked up a small gadget supposed to verify the problem with the on board computer code. Well after it killed the battery causing me to miss a appointment! It did it again. No power when I got it started. I drove it straight over to the dealership. After sitting there for hours they said not enough data. Heres the thing. Kia doesnt want to pay them to fix it. The head of service told me that they arent sure what to do. I made them remove the battery killing worthless reader and told them that to say you have a warranty and not fix the car in a timely manner is ridiculous. They just want to sell her a new car. Take this one to auction and dump it on the public.

Work was performed on time with explanations given for work performed. Vehicle cleaned complimentary.

Excellent service, friendly staff! Would recommend to a friend!!

Service was done as expected. Car wash was down but not the end of the world. Nice job!

The service advisor was very experienced and timely in the service process.

Always treated with respect and friendliness. The service team, as always, delivered on what they said and the sales team did their best to upgrade to a new Kia, but I'm too far upside down. No worries though, I always planned to own my Kia as long as it will keep me going! Thanks guys!

Outstanding experience, Facility was immaculate. Service man - Bill - was courteous and knowledgeable. Delivered on everything he said and more. Handled a lost key professionally explaining in detail my maintenance agreement. Girls in area were courteous and helpful. Drinks and sandwich was a nice touch, thank you.

Went in for a checkup on our 2012 Soul and came home with a new 2016 Soul. I do wish that the lease program would have been explained a little better. This was new to us and was very confusing.

Everyone was awesome as always.

I was taken very good care of and my car as well. It was very clean. The explanation of what was done was done in a way that made it very understandable. The people were pleasant and courteous. Thanks.

Service was great and done on time. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable and very helpful. This was my first service for my Kia and it was very easy due to the assistance of Bill **. Hopefully my future visits will be just as easy. Thank you for a Great service experience.

I recently paid off my car loan back in 2/2016. I have contacted the DMV daily since 3/1/2016 and have been told they haven't received my title release from the finance company. Yesterday I contacted the finance department's customer service department where I was left on hold for an hour to be told that I will receive my title release in the mail in 10 business days after my payment has cleared. I explained to the representative that my car was paid off on 2/19/2016 and it's now 4/4/2016. I then advised her that there is nothing to mail. They are suppose to electronically release the information to my county DMV so I can walk in and get my title, I requested to speak to a manager, she advised ok and placed me on hold for another 35 mins. During my wait the rep kept picking up and not saying anything and then would place me back on hold when I would say hello.

I finally was able to speak to a manager who advised me that they sent the release to the Florida DMV. I asked her when. She was unable to answer me. I asked her if the rep told her what the issue was, as I have worked customer service before and the rep should have explained what was going on before she came to the line. I explained to her that from 3/1/2016 till 4/4/2016 I have contacted the DMV daily and they have told me the same thing. They don't have the release. I have had nothing but trouble with Bev Smith Kia since the day my father and I purchased my car back in 2012. This company has horrible customer service and management.

Very pleased with the service.

The seat is too low for me since I am short. This is because of the front seat passenger airbag. If I had known this before I would have waited for the 2016. Have no problem with the driver seat.

My shopping experience at Bev Smith KIA was both friendly and productive and I would like to commend the attitude and capability of your Mr. Austin **, the sales representative who assisted me. He may be young but he's good and I envision a bright future for him in either sales and/or management. He is a highly presentable, knowledgeable and very helpful individual who is a pleasure to work with. That being said, I was in retrospect very disappointed in one particular area. I foolishly failed to check what documentation was being provided to me before I left your premises. I have since found out your office personnel retained almost everything I saw or signed except for a copy of the Buyers Order, Agreement and Vehicle Information Form and the Sixty Day Limited Used Car Warranty. I would have liked to have had a copy of the basic sales proposal, the Carfax Report, any maintenance records, and a copy of all the papers I signed for my files.

I recognize that almost all the papers I signed were designed to legally protect your organization and I have no problem with that procedure. I am however, decidedly uncomfortable with not having a copy of contractual documents that I have signed. If possible, I would greatly appreciate it if you would forward me a copy of the aforementioned documentation. Additionally, I have yet to receive the Title for the car. Can you advise me as to when it will be available?

I would also like to acknowledge the capabilities of your detailing crew. It is only now that the scuffs and cracks in the leather interior and the scratches on the cars exterior are starting to show up. They did an outstanding job and although I wish I had access to their techniques and knowledge I would happily settle for a list of the products they used so I could try to duplicate their efforts. Once again my overall experience was highly favorable and I would most definitely deal with the Bev Smith organization again.

I was treated as a very important person and my concerns regarding my vehicle were all met!

Bev Smith Kia Company Profile