toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

It's one thing to advertise that everyone is approved, it's another thing to mean it. Alex and Collin were very friendly, listened to our needs, and helped us find the perfect van. After filling out the paperwork, I was waiting for them to come back and say "sorry", or "we need more money", or "you need a co-signer"... Instead they came back with "You Are Approved!" Friendly staff + Great vehicles + Fair price = Incredible Experience. I will be sending people your way!

From salesperson to the manager to cashier to closing officer are very nice and easy to deal with. Recommend high to anyone who seeks affordable prices and easy financing. Your last two paystubs, utilities bills and driver license then you have a car regardless of your credit.

Hello Raymone,

I appreciate you taking the time to leave your review, and I am deeply sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with your purchase. Please know that all known mechanical issues are resolved during the initial multi-point inspection that is completed prior to sale. However, keep in mind that DriveTime specializes in selling pre-owned vehicles, and it is very difficult to predict exactly if or when mechanical issues may arise. For this reason, we provide a 30-day/1500-mile warranty after purchase, in addition to the optional extended warranty available to our financing customers.

I apologize again for any inconvenience this situation has caused for you. I see that you have recently been in touch with my Customer Relations team, and I encourage you to continue working with us while we seek resolution to your concerns. We look forward to hearing from you.

Jacob – Customer Relations

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

I was persuaded to buy a car I did not want. I hate I trusted DriveTime and the Chesapeake Virginia DriveTime staff. The noise and sound coming from the car is driving me insane and I feel taken advantage of. The car has been to repair shop a few times within first two weeks. I told the young sales person what I needed in a car and I didn't get that. Frustrated.

Very friendly personnel at Boardman, Ohio store. Helped explain everything to me and picked a vehicle that was good for me. All in all a very good experience. I would definitely recommend DriveTime to anyone looking to purchase a vehicle.

Evyan ** and Douglas ** provided excellent customer service during my car purchase. I will recommend DriveTime to anyone in need of a vehicle. The experience of buying a car was a very pleasant one with DriveTime. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DriveTime?

Sales was very helpful and knowledgeable about the cars and trucks I looked at. She gave me the rundown on every vehicle I looked at. She gave me recommendations and suggestions that was very helpful. So far my minivan runs great. The battery went down but management took care of me right away.

Very pleasant sales staff... Great experience. Landan, Josh and Jeff were wonderful. I woke up Tuesday Nov. 29th, 2016, and I actually had given up hope until I visited DriveTime... Had a wonderful experience!!! I will definitely recommend DriveTime to all of my family and friends.

Good service, knowledgeable. Knew what they were talking about. Gave me plenty of options. Just an overall good experience. I would definitely go back. I truly love my car! They even stayed two hours past closing time to make sure I was ok with my choice.

Hello Shemekia,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear that you are satisfied with your vehicle and with the service you received at the dealership. I do see that you have rated your experience as 1 star and I was looking to see what we may do to turn this situation around for you. Please know that it is my goal to assist you and to ensure that only the utmost in customer service is provided to you. Please feel free to give my department a call, Customer Relations, at 888-290-0148.

Andrew – Customer Relations

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

Very satisfied, because at the time I had no vehicle and my credit score was low, but I was approved and I have the ride that I wanted, after going to others dealers and, getting turn down for my credit score. So I truly appreciate it.

My experience with DriveTime was extremely positive. Benjamin was patient, knowledgeable, helpful and professional. The selection was adequate, the approval process was simple and fast and the overall experience was good. I would definitely recommend DriveTime to others who are in the market for a vehicle and don't want to deal with aggressive sales tactics or pushy salespeople.

Everyone I came in contact with at DriveTime was very helpful and friendly. Any questions my husband and I had they were answered and explained. When I couldn't decide on a vehicle their easy layaway plan allowed me to change to another vehicle easily. I didn't feel pressured into a certain car. They gave me a list of available cars in the downpayment range I wanted to stay in. I'm very thankful for the experience and to be back on the road again.

We had a great experience with Ron and Eric. Would recommend to friend and definitely sending our kids there for their cars. They got us in and out of there quickly and were willing to get us cars from other locations if the one we selected was not what we wanted.

I just want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. The staff at DriveTime was wonderful. I couldn't ask for better service. Thank you Lortlitza for all of your help and the young man that help also and let's not forget Nona. You guys are the best. I would definitely recommend everyone about DriveTime. It's a pleasure to be a part of this family. May God bless all of you for all your hard work and making this such a pleasant experience. I can't say thank you enough and yes I love my new car. Have a bless day guys. Keep up the good work.

Our salesman was Andy ** and he was AWESOME! My wife and I are struggling with bad credit, trying to get it cleaned up, and Andy got us into a VERY nice 2009 GMC Acadia and we love it. Low down payments and reasonable enough payments. Because come on let's be real, having credit problems is always going to yield higher payments but they do a good job of making it manageable. Scott was also a pleasure to work with. I'm glad we talked with Andy and he did a nice job finding us a beautiful vehicle. Thanks for all your help Andy!

Wearle was a very good salesperson and worked with us for hours. No pressure. Was nice and cordial. I recommend that he be voted as one of your top salespeople. The people in the office Lamont and Rueben worked with us also.

Hello Lecia,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to leave your review. I am delighted to hear that we were able to put you into a vehicle that you like, however I am deeply sorry to hear that you were displeased with the service you received at our Lewisville location. Please know that we will be reaching out to the appropriate parties so that we can look into this matter further. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reach out to our Customer Relations team at (888) 290-0148.

Jacob – Customer Relations

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

I went to Lewisville location Drivetime and the rep Hujego was working with me on my account. I informed him that I will be there in December. I was saving up but I came ahead of time. When I was there he told me previously my application wasn't in the system and I would have to do the application again. OK that's fine but when I get there “Oh your information is still in our system.” "But you said it wasn't long story short." He said I was approve for the same amount I bring paycheck stubs and my checks have been even more so he went and talk to Sarah. She came greeted us “Oh are you going to buy a vehicle this time." Lol. We laughed but she say "OK. It's a certain amount down." but when we came previously it was less and this is when we didn't have money but once we did the down payment went up. I asked Huego about the sudden changes and remind you this is after him and her had a conversation in the back.

He said “I'll be back.” He pulled up two vehicles, didn't ask us what we wanted or what we was interested in buying. He came back, pointed to two small vehicles. I questioned his motivates. I asked “Why I wasn't asked my down payment amount or shown any vehicles before you pulled those two cars up and is usually you pull the cars up on the computer?” He stated and I quote “Oh we don't have access to that anymore. Only they do. We are under new management now so we are not allowed to look at the vehicles online and print it out for you anymore.” I said “That doesn't make sense and how do you know what I'm even interested in.” OK he went in his pocket, pulls out the same paper that he states he can't print out on the computer, the same paper that he wrote different prices on it and the prices were 200 less than what she said we had to put down.

I looked and said “I thought you said that it’s under new management and that you didn't have access to it and you couldn't look nor print anything out.” I excused myself, walked out, drove all the way TO GARLAND FROM LEWISVILLE WHERE SOON I WALKED IN THE DOOR WE WERE GREETED WITH KINDNESS AND RESPECT. The salesman and saleswomen were so nice and we told them our experience. They helped us with no problem and the vehicle we wanted it wasn’t at the Garland location. It was n Lewisville Location (Bummer) but they were awesome in Garland. They picked the vehicle up from the Lewisville Location and I’m so happy. I just hate the fact that Huejgo was so rude and disrespectful and that I still do not understand when we had been staying in touch but thank you thank you thank you Drivetime in Garland. Y'all are the best.

I had a great experience with our Knoxville DriveTime team. I was treated with patience and kindness. The sales representative went out of his way to provide a most courteous buying experience. I was able to get the vehicle I wanted and I will recommend DriveTime to my family and friends. Thanks for everything.

Tayvon,

I want to thank you for taking the time out to leave a review. I am sincerely sorry to hear of the current issues taking place with the vehicle. I assure you, it is truly my intent to assist in turning things around for you. We understand that unexpected repairs can cause a large amount stress, and I want to do all that I can to relive that.

Here at DriveTime, we pride ourselves on providing customers with safe and reliable vehicles. For this reason, each vehicle we make available to our customers undergoes a full safety and mechanical inspection. During the inspection our fully trained mechanics will evaluate the components within the vehicle. If for any reason a part is not operating within state and manufacturer specifications, it will be immediately replaced.

I would like to speak with you further in regards to the issues at hand. Please know I will be contacting you within the next 24-48 business hours. Should you prefer to speak with someone sooner, you are welcome to contact our Customer Relations Department at (888) 290-0148 so that a member of the team can further assist.

I am confident that if given the chance, I will be able to provide you a resolution that you will be happy with.

Thank you so much and I look forward to speaking with you.

Sincerely,

Philisha- Customer Relations

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

Before you read this, I would like to say that this is not directed to Laura. She was very polite. I've had my 2008 Nissan Altima since May 2016, & every month since then something has went wrong with this vehicle, (from AC Compressor being destroyed, bad power steering belt, bad idler pulley, faulty break switch...Stuff happening in TRAFFIC) & honestly I am starting to fear for my safety when I drive this car. Something is always happening & I am becoming more & more frustrated with DriveTime. The only thing that Aeverex could have taken care of was the AC Compressor because that did not interfere with my driving. Everything else has happened while I was in traffic & I had to get it towed & repaired & had to pay out of pocket every time. I started to feel like I've been hustled & can't get out of the hustle, then when I started to see all the negative reviews about DriveTime it's starting to make my feelings stronger.

I have been getting the run around since my break switch went bad last month. Which I was stranded 2+ hours away from home & had to pay 300 plus for repairs. (Unreasonable payment issues.) I've had my license since I was 17 & I've driven in many conditions in many cities, & now 6 months after having this car I was in my first accident on Thanksgiving, that really could have been much worse. With everything that has happened I honestly & truly believe this car is bad luck & it's a matter of time before something worse happens. I've spent so much money in this car since I've had it, that I could have put another large down payment down on another vehicle. I am VERY dissatisfied with this car. Are there any options that I have to get away from this car? PLEASE HELP ME!!!

It's not my fault I got into a car accident because of it I'm unable to work. 2 insurances covered the totaled vehicle. I should get the car that I want as a replacement without $500 down payment. I like the car that I got if you will refund my $500 I would be happy and satisfied. Salesman are great, they are all nice and assisted me until I got my car. Thank you!

Great staff! Very accommodating and addressed all of my needs and concerns. Jeffrey ** remembered EVERY detail about our conversations on all 3 of my visits and made sure that I was a satisfied customer. Hopefully I won't be in a predicament as I'm currently in but if so I'll be back.

Hello Kari,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your DriveTime experience. I apologize that you have become frustrated due to this situation. I want to assure you that it is our goal to provide only the utmost in customer service to all of our customers. We want each and every customer to know and feel that they are the best and most important part of DriveTime. To improve upon our level of service, I will be taking your feedback and I will address it with the appropriate parties.

In regards to your vehicle and any repair concerns, my Customer Relations Department is the correct department to be assisting you with your concerns. We are in place to review for any possible assistance, and I do see that you have been working with us. I encourage you to continue working with us so that we may reach an amicable resolution to your concerns. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Andrew – Customer Relations

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

Ryan with customer relations has the worst attitude I have ever encountered and he needs to be dealt with on his attitude. I have been dealing with Ryan for 4 weeks now and every time I talk to him his attitude is bad. He does not know how to speak with a customer. I shouldn't have to blow my top with Ryan to get him to understand where I'm coming from. He does not care and that's not good customer service skills. Also I would love to speak with someone over customer relations to get this situated so I can get my car back. I've got nothing but the run around before the holiday and after the holidays. This is not fair. I will never ever referral any friends or family or people to DriveTime. Nothing has been solved.

I found that my salesman had an excellent, professional personality. He knew what he his job and he took the time to make sure I understood the entire program. He even called me back several times to make sure that I was happy with my purchase. I really appreciate it. The best part of my experience is being able to pay every two weeks, this puts less stress on my budget.

Excellent. They call to follow up. I purchased my car on Saturday. Monday morning dealership call to see if we needed anything, did we have any questions. They said if we have any questions later please feel free to call. Excellent, excellent customer service. DriveTime rocks.

We never expected to be in a credit crisis, but the people at DriveTime in Bedford never treated us like we were any different from someone with fantastic credit. Their customer service was something all dealerships should follow and implement. The cars on the lot were newer and clean; they washed and gassed up the car before I left as well. Great experience.

My experience at the wendover drive time location was great. I love my new car and my salesperson Whitney was very helpful. Everyone was really nice and respectful and my vehicle is in very good condition. The managers as well as Whitney were very knowledgeable about the vehicle and all of drive times policies.

Everything was easy and less of a headache. I told some friends and co workers to go up there to get a car. The only thing was that I don't have my access pin for my MotionGPS but the service at the lot was great.

My experience at DriveTime in Conway SC was great. My salesperson Ayren ** took care of my car needs in a professional manner. She was very pleasant and hospitable. I'm happy that I choose DriveTime to get me in a car that fit my needs.

I'm a 1st time buyer and sale agent named Courtney was perfect while dealing with me. The environment was very positive and uplifting. They really can get you into a car even with horrible credit. Recommended to purchase every vehicle from them!

We had the best sales agent Jannette. We were looking for certain features that were a must have. She let us take our time which was almost 3 months. She never tried to sell us something we didn't want or drop us. She would call with updates that she was still looking for us. We are thankful we had her to help us.

When I first walked in, everyone looked up and spoke. The environment was friendly. Brandon is an amazing guy. Not only was he nice but his sense of humor is great. He got me in the car I wanted. I didn't have to wait for all of these unnecessary hours. Thank you!

DriveTime Company Profile