Consumer Reviews and Complaints

This is the first auto business I have encountered that does not promise everything to get you in the door and then hit you with a bunch of double talk. Customer service to this point has been great. Philip and Justin were a great help and got me into the vehicle I needed. I would definitely buy from DriveTime again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We traveled from North Dakota to South Carolina to buy the perfect car and we could not be happier. The staff was amazing and the whole process was seamless. Thanks for a wonderful experience. We will be back for our next car purchase. Thanks Meechelle and everyone else that assisted us.

Hello Twana,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your DriveTime experience. I am sincerely sorry to hear about any dissatisfaction you have experienced during this situation and I truly appreciate this opportunity to address your concerns. Please know that when it comes to rental assistance, both the limited warranty and the extended Vehicle Service Contact (VSC) offer rental reimbursement for covered repairs.

I understand the frustration that comes with any repair concerns on your vehicle, and I understand that you have been working with your warranty administrator, SilverRock, to resolve your concerns. I apologize if the resolution that they have provided you has been less than ideal. I encourage you to continue working with them to resolve any further concerns.

Andrew - Customer Relations

Original review: July 18, 2017

5 short weeks after purchase, car began to shut off without warning. It's been almost 2 months and no car, no diagnosis, no reimbursement for almost $1000 in UBER costs back and forth to work, no support and not a soul who gives a damn at DriveTime. I have done everything they have asked me to do, 3rd authorized dealership, made my car payments, and yet they don't even have a record of my situation although I have contacted them so many times and explained my dire situation. My opinion - stay away from a company with NO ethics at all. I am writing this review because I am desperately trying to find some help and recourse in obtaining a dependable car and the refund of my transportation expenses.

Hello Michelle,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sincerely sorry for any dissatisfaction you have experienced during this situation. Please know that we inspect each vehicle prior to sale; we also provide an initial 30 day/1,500 mile limited warranty with the option to add-on extended coverage for further peace of mind. Please keep in mind that under both the limited warranty and the extended coverage, cosmetic repairs are not listed for coverage. To ensure customer satisfaction, our sales representatives will go over a checklist with the customer while the customer is directed to inspect the vehicle. The customer will then sign the checklist, which also states that they acknowledge that the vehicle is pre-owned and that some minor wear and tear may be present from any previous owners; this document also states that the vehicle is sold as is.

I understand that you have been working with my Customer Relations Department and that we have addressed your concerns. I sincerely apologize if he answers we have provided you have been less than ideal.

Andrew – Customer Relations

Original review: July 14, 2017

WE WERE SOLD A CAR WITH MISSING PARTS!! When we took it for repairs we were told the wheel well liners were "cosmetic". One is held on with duct tape and the other is not even there. We were given a 30 day warranty and took the car for repairs within this time frame. CSR stated car was sold "as is". NEVER going to DriveTime again. Crooks.

I was car shopping everywhere. I had a car loan out already and the car was no good. I had got sold a lemon so I gave DriveTime a try and they said yes when everyone else said no. I got a like new very low mileage car I've had for 5 months now and I've had no issues. Thank you Drivetime.

Hello Frank,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent experiences. I am saddened to hear that this situation has occurred and want to apologize again for the delay that this caused you. I appreciate you bringing this situation to our attention which will be explored further internally. As of this time, it appears that this situation has been resolved. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please reach out to my Customer Relations team at (888)290-0148.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I would like to share my experience with DriveTime of Glen Burnie, Maryland... Buyer beware. These people are incompetent and unprofessional individuals. Their error of listing the wrong VIN# on our temporary registration cost both me and my wife a days pay running around to get the issue corrected and also prevented me from starting a new position as scheduled. Drivetime listed the wrong VIN# on my temporary registration preventing me to get my issues at MVA resolved today to start my new position as scheduled. While they DID correct the problem, all they had to offer is that this was a human error mistake and we apologize. Well sir, as a Manager of my Company let me say that we take responsibility for our employees and make it right with the customer when there is an issue (what a concept, right). So, the I'm very sorry for your loss of time and money our error cost you is just completely unacceptable.

So when I called into Corporate to let them know the issue I had... they offer me a $25.00 Visa Gift Card for my time. WOW! Again, my response...I'll be sure to share with my neighbors, friends, family and quite frankly anyone willing to listen about your customer service practices. How ever they did manage to get the purchasing contract vin number correct... imagine that... the part that gets them paid! One VERY dissatisfied customer here!

Hello Tony,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your DriveTime experience. I am saddened to hear that your overall dealership experience was less than ideal. I want to assure you that all DriveTime representatives strive to provide only the utmost in customer service. We also pride ourselves in maintaining a professional and welcoming environment at our dealerships. We want all customers to know and feel that they are the best and most important part of DriveTime. When it comes to phone calls, we do not typically call our customers unless there is a specific change in circumstances that we must inform them of. We also do not want to pressure our customers and as such, any customer who puts a vehicle on a layaway payment will not typically receive any calls until it is close to the end of the layaway period.

Please know that we value all feedback, both positive and negative, to ensure that we are keeping the highest level of service. The information that you have provided will be taken and addressed with the appropriate parties.

Should you have any further questions or concerns do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Original review: July 6, 2017

Went to DriveTime in Highland, IN on Saturday July 1st and initially I was pleased with the service and approval. I picked a car that had to sent from their Cicero location and left a small downpayment to hold the car until I could test drive it. I was told that the car would be at the Highland location on Monday July 3rd for me to test drive and I would be called to confirm. At 4 pm on Monday I called to confirm test drive appointment, as I had not received the call I was promised, and I was told my salesperson was busy with a customer and after being transferred was told the car was not there! I was told they would have it for me on Wednesday July 5th to test drive and that due to the holiday they didn't have anyone to go pick the car up! No call and no car.

I called back on Wednesday and my salesperson was off for the day and spoke with a manager who told me the car wasn't there and promised it would be there Thursday July 6th. I explained my displeasure regarding not receiving a call Monday or Wednesday from anyone and that I had to call to find out each time that the car wasn't there. He mentioned I wasn't purchasing the car until July 14th as if to say "No big deal since you aren't ready to buy the car" which I felt was inappropriate, inconsiderate and poor customer service from a manager! He was unaware that I even had an appointment that started Monday! No call and no car again.

I called on Thursday morning and yet again the car wasn't there, my sales person wasn't at work yet and the manager I spoke with was new and unaware of my appointments but assured me the car would be there Thursday afternoon. I finally received a call, Thursday around 1 pm, from my salesperson who informed me the car was there for me to test drive. She then asked me if I was still picking up the car on the July 14th or sooner! No apology, no concern, just are you still getting the car!!! Who purchased a car they haven't physically seen or driven??? So displeased with the lack of care and customer service. DriveTime in Highland, IN will not be a place I recommend to anyone purely due to the poor way they treat their customers and the lack of consideration of their customers time! A simple call to reset my expectations, each day, and show some concern would have done wonders for their ratings!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DriveTime?

Hello Genia and Ron Schaffer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent experience. I am saddened to hear that you are encountering this situation regarding your payments. Please know that all of our financing is through our financial partner Bridgecrest. I encourage you to contact them about this situation.

Kaitlyn - Customer Relations

Original review: July 1, 2017

We bought a car at DriveTime and was told after we made the first payment that we could set up our payments on a monthly installments... Well we found out that was a lie. On the 28 of June we was told if we didn't make 2 payments on Friday they would repo our car... We told them what the DriveTime said about the payments and they said that was not true that we had to make payments every 2 weeks. Now that isn't fair. My wife is the only one working because I have too many heath problems to list... starting with my heart and RA and high blood pressure and so on. We have a house payments and heath insurance and normal bills along with our 2 granddaughters we are raising... We need a one monthly payment or we won't make it like we told them at DriveTime in Charlotte NC. Buyer beware.

Hello Nicole,

I want to thank you for taking the time to recount your experience. I am saddened to hear about this situation. In regards to our sales process, please know that it is our goal to be transparent with our customers and other entities. I appreciate you bringing this situation to our attention and will be reviewing this internally for a coaching opportunity. If you have any further information or any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can reach my Customer Relations team (888)290-0148.

Kaitlyn - Customer Relations

Original review: June 28, 2017

My husband and I are needing a new car, so he started the process with DriveTime. At first he was told we would have a down payment around $500. So today (June, 28, 2017) he started the ball rolling to buy us a new car. I get a call to confirm my information, and while on this call, I confirm that I am currently staying home with my kids.

Less than twenty minutes later, I get an email asking for my income verification. I disregard it seeing as how I just spoke to someone about my employment. Fifteen minutes after I get the email, I get a call. The guy on the phone starts rattling on, talking so fast I couldn't get a word in edgewise. I tell him numerous times that I am not currently working. He then proceeds to tell me, "We don't report this to the IRS, so you know if you're doing housekeeping or working at a nail salon, all you have to do is put on there that you work at least forty hours a week and make, say oh twelve dollars an hour, we can get you into a car if you can bring in the $1000 down payment." I repeat that I'm not working at the moment, and he says, "It's just for us. Put down a number and all we ask is if you're working there. If you do that I can get you into one of the great specials we're running right now."

Hello red flag. This is shady as all get out. Warning bells are SCREAMING in my head during this whole conversation. Yes, please convince me to defraud your company, potentially the IRS and find myself in a whole mess of trouble. Thank you but no thank you. I understand sales. Before I left my job, it was predominantly sales. That was the shadiest sales process I've ever encountered. My husband and I have decided to stay far away from Drive Time. I will not do business with a company that would stoop to these levels and I hope, for others, they choose not to as well.

Just a word of thanks to the CHRIS & THE DRIVETIME TEAM in Riverside, CA. Chris went over all the details of the purchase and when we got to finance, nothing was "hidden." We were able to ask questions and create "what if" scenarios with nothing unanswered. The approval was very quick and the downpayment and interest rate made the deal very attractive. We purchased the GPS, GAP COVERAGE and their EXTENDED WARRANTY, albeit a bit pricey, but when you consider car repairs and the possibility of having your car totaled by accident, it's worth the extra few bucks to have peace of mind.

I was in an accident years ago and the car was totaled, but thanks to having GAP COVERAGE, we owed nothing, but without it we would have been on the hook for $11000.00!! We are very happy with the car and hope to pay it off within a year. The staff was very friendly and did not pressure us to buy now. I have one negative comment. They only give you a half tank of gas!!

Hello Cassie,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to leave your review. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with your DriveTime vehicle thus far. Please know that we try to prevent situations such as these during our initial vehicle inspection. However, we also understand that there are instances in which certain issues are overlooked. For this reason, please know that our warranty administrator, SilverRock, and our DriveTime Customer Relations team are in place to review.

I apologize again for any frustration this situation may have caused. Upon further review, I noticed that you have already worked with our Customer Relations team regarding the concerns mentioned in your review. If you are in need of further assistance, please feel free to reach out to my team at (888) 290-0148.

Jacob – Customer Relations

Original review: June 22, 2017

I bought a vehicle from there on June 9th and as the salesman was showing us the car the cap to the brake fluid was missing so he went and got one then we test drove it and the car was dirty and smelled. When I asked if they were going to clean it the salesman got air freshener from his desk and sprayed the inside (really) then it was too late to clean it. The next day at the gas station the car wouldn't start and my husband looked under the hood and tapped on the box on the battery and then the lights flickered and I could start it again.

We had to do that over 40 times over the weekend, so on Monday I called Silver Rock and they gave me a mechanic to take it to and the problem was there was no screw holding the battery cable down (again really). So much for the thorough check they brag about doing. Then I called up to complain and I was told a manager would be calling me and to this day I haven't received a call from anyone. Very disappointed and I will not recommend DriveTime to anyone. They don't care about the customer just a sale. Our salesman was playing with a fidget spinner for goodness sakes while talking with us. How unprofessional.

Hello Yolanda,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sincerely sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction regarding your brother’s DriveTime experience. Please know that we want to work with our customers as best as we can. For this reason our loan servicing provider, Bridgecrest, makes multiple attempts to contact the customer should any changes occur on the account. If no contact should be made after 90+ days, the vehicle is then typically placed on the recovery list. If the account holder wishes to redeem their vehicle, I encourage them to reach out to Bridgecrest to discuss any options available. Bridgecrest Customer Service can be reached at 800-967-8526.

When it comes to any repair items, we do want to ensure all customers are comfortable with the drivability of their vehicle. To help demonstrate this, we inspect each vehicle prior to arriving at our dealerships; we also provide an initial 30 day/1,500 mile limited warranty. At the time of sale, we also offer a Vehicle Service Contract (VSC) that will extend the warranty coverage. This initial warranty and the VSC are both administered by SilverRock and under their contract terms, there are items that are not listed for coverage. My department, Customer Relations, is in place to review any non-covered component to see if there is any possible assistance. In order for us to review for any possible assistance, the account holder would first need to redeem their vehicle and then coordinate with SilverRock to have the vehicle diagnosed at an in-network repair facility. Should the account holder have any further questions regarding this process, they may contact my department at 888-290-0148.

Thank you again for your time Yolanda.

Andrew – Customer Relations

Original review: June 19, 2017

I'm reporting them to BBB. They are the WORST. Without any notification they REPO my brother's car. Before that when he had problems with the piece of junk car they didn't even help with the SO CALLED WARRANTY they have from PEP BOYS. They're RIP OFFS. Charge you DOUBLE for a car that's 10 yrs old.

Hello Rod,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your DriveTime experience. I am sincerely sorry to hear that you have experienced any dissatisfaction with us due to this situation. I want to assure you that it is our goal to work with each customer to find the right vehicle for them. To ensure that each customer is able to have a successful loan or lease with us, we take their provided information and we determine what type of vehicle they may qualify for. We would not want to set our customers up for anything except success, and because of this some customers may not qualify for the vehicle they had hoped for. We do try to work with each customer as best as possible to find them the vehicle they will love, but there are stipulations that still must be met.

I apologize that we were unable to find the right vehicle for you. Please know that should anything change, we would love the opportunity to have you as a customer.

Thank you again for your time.

Andrew – Customer Relations

Original review: June 11, 2017

I emailed back and forth with the customer service department at DriveTime before I went to their closest location since the closest location is an hour and a half away. I didn't want to waste my time or theirs and yet it seems as though that was the case anyway. I called the St. Louis DriveTime and explained my situation with regards to my finances and emails with the customer service department. He said to bring my info and my wife's info up there and we could get a minivan or SUV using both of our info. I was concerned since she had just purchased her car from DriveTime in February so I was surprised that she could qualify for another car again so soon but he said it would be fine and we needed a van. So we made the trek up there today. We had to get a special babysitter since my son has special needs; it's a big deal.

We get there and apparently I had called another St Louis location because the location we went to didn't know what I was talking about with regards to my info and such. The man who helped us was nice though and looked into it all. He said no, my wife couldn't be on a new loan at all since it had only been a few months. Okay. Then he said he couldn't count the adoption subsidy of over $1600 a month that we receive because it comes in my name and my wife's name. I explained that they didn't use that towards her income when she bought her car but I guess that didn't matter. He did tell me I could do a lease vehicle and there were two I could pick from. They weren't at his location but at another St Louis location about 45 minutes away. He had me and my wife go with another employee up to the other location to pick up one of the two vehicles.

To say they were in rough condition would be a gross understatement. The first vehicle smelled... bad. The door handles in the back seat had been chewed up from what I'm assuming was a dog. The seats were stained, the headliner was stained, the exterior looked like it had been beaten and scraped up. To top it off, it made a horrible beeping noise when we tried to leave with it which caused us to have to stay while someone figured it out. We looked at the other lease vehicle and while it initially looked okay, it too was stained up and somehow was missing the center console lid amongst other issues. I couldn't see paying the over $12K asked for either vehicle so we had to make the long 45 minute trip back to the original location with no vehicle.

The original salesman was busy so we stood there for a few minutes thinking the manager (I assume that's who he is) who sat there watching us would offer some sort of apology for the condition of the vehicles but instead nobody said a word to us. I'm assuming there's a lesson to be learned here somehow but I don't know what it is yet. I paid over $80 for a special babysitter; spent most of my day going to, from and all over St Louis, and left feeling embarrassed and stupid for having tried to buy a vehicle. That's not exactly the experience I had hoped for.

Hello Larry,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to leave your service review. We appreciate all forms of feedback from our customers, whether it be positive or negative, as it aids us in making improvements to our business. I am deeply sorry to hear that you left feeling dissatisfied with your overall DriveTime experience. We strive to be thorough and transparent with our customers regarding all aspects of their purchase prior to sale, and it is unfortunate that you left feeling otherwise.

Regarding the mechanical issues, please know that each one of our vehicles is inspected prior to sale in an effort to prevent situations such as these. However, being that DriveTime is in the business of selling pre-owned vehicles, it is very difficult for us to determine exactly if or when mechanical issues may arise. For this reason, each vehicle sold from our lot includes an initial 30-day/1,500-mile warranty, in addition to the optional extended vehicle service contract.

I also want to apologize if you left feeling dissatisfied in regards to the pricing available. DriveTime understands that many consumers are weary about how a dealership prices their vehicles, which is why we disclose our prices online and post them on every vehicle for sale at our dealerships. We also invest, on average, over $1,200 in parts and labor in every vehicle we sell to ensure it meets our standards, an amount representing 10% or more of the NADA value of the vehicles. We utilize NADA Retail Suggested Value when evaluating our pricing, which is within the “fair market range” displayed on the “Buy from a Dealer” page on Kelly Blue Book (KBB).

I want to thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback. I understand that you have already communicated with our Customer Relations team, and your mechanical concerns have been addressed. If you are in need of further assistance, please feel free to contact my Customer Relations team at (888) 290-0148.

Jacob – Customer Relations

Original review: June 10, 2017

I bought a 2006 LaCrosse from DriveTime back in March 2016 and it was in the shop more than I had it. Motor started knocking 3000 miles later. Took two weeks to get it back then the muffler broke and put a hole in the gas tank. They then decided since the gas tank would be 900.00 they would flat bed it back and take what was paid toward another which was in July of 2016.

I ended up getting a Kia Optima and issues with it also. The truck popped open 3 different times. Turned out had damage back there and the sway bar link under the front started making noise. They didn't want to fix either. Both times had to go through the CFPB to get results. Nothing but liars. The warranty means nothing and the cars are overpriced. My Kia came out to 15000 and is now only worth 4000. Stay away from these ripoffs.

Hello Reginald,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sincerely sorry for any frustration you have experienced. If you are having payment related concerns, I encourage you to reach out to your loan servicing provider, Bridgecrest. They will be able to discuss this situation and see what assistance options may be available for you. You may contact them at their Facebook here: www.facebook.com/bridgecrest. Alternatively, you may contact their Customer Service Department at 800-967-8526.

Andrew - Customer Relations

Original review: June 9, 2017

The prices are way too high and the customer service is way too pushy and harassing. They changed to another company for billing without notice. If you had auto pay with the original DriveTime your account was stopped and you had to re-register with the new billing, but they never notified you!! You found out when your credit score dropped because of these unorganized so-called car sharks. Better off getting a car from the newspaper or Craigslist. DriveTime absolutely sucks!!!

Patricia was great, she was knowledgeable and very sweet. A few minor, but costly, issues I found with the car after my 5 miles was usually. Turns out there was 5 nails in the driver side back tire and the passenger side tire, fortunately no nails, needs to be replaced as well since upon closer look has sidewall issues and needs to be replaced very soon as well. It has obviously been driven on flat. The front tires are newer and in good shape, although they could use a balance. A few minor annoyances like the lack of floor mats are easy to overlook, but the half ** wax job wasn't immediately noticeable and a little harder to overlook as there is a slimy residue at the bottom of the rear hatch that clings to your hand if you make the mistake of closing the hatch by grabbing the outside of it, which is easier and more natural the using the handles on the inside meant for it.

I honestly didn't expect any of these problems from a national chain with DriveTime's reputation. Unfortunately I was in a hurry that day or I would have inspected the tires more closely. Attention to detail goes a long way, I was mainly concerned with mechanical condition of the car that day and fortunately it is very sound mechanically.

Hello Kendale,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to write your review. I am very sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with your DriveTime experience thus far due to the issues you had experienced with your tires and tail light shortly after purchase.

Please know that we try to prevent issues such as these by inspecting each of our vehicles prior to sale. However, as we work with pre-owned vehicles, we are unable to determine if or when mechanical issues may arise. For this reason, each vehicle sold from our lot includes an initial 30-day/1,500 mile limited warranty, in addition to the optional extended vehicle service contract that is available to our financing customers.

That being said, I want to apologize again for any frustration this situation may have caused. If you are in need of further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to my Customer Relations team at (888) 290-0148.

Jacob – Customer Relations

Original review: May 30, 2017

I came into DriveTime prepared with what I was looking for because I live in a city two hours away and I did not want to waste any time. I took a look at a few cars. I wish they were detailed and cleaned before and some cars did not even crack up because the battery had died I was told. But it took forever for the paperwork to go through and when I did the walk through I had noticed the front tire was low and I was told that air would be put in it and when it came back it had air in it. But when I got in the car the air pressure light was on. I was told that I have to ride in order for the system to recalibrate and I did ride all the way back home two hours and the light didn't go off. So my dada checked the pressure and it was 10 pounds lower than the specs. And one of my tail lights did not light up. This was my first car I have purchased for the lot. Just had higher expectations.

The salespeople were very friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to give us the best deal there, everything was explained several times in detail. I would recommend DriveTime to anyone looking to buy a new car. I would like to commend Garris in Temple store for all his help in our purchase.

The cleanliness of the vehicle was not good at all. Whoever cleans the vehicle don't do a good or adequate job. At least a good vacuum could have been done on the vehicle. In addition I am hearing a clicking in the engine and I feel that it will lead to trouble real soon.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had an awesome experience at DriveTime. Jordan ** went above and beyond to get me a vehicle. It was the first time I bought one and he made it very pleasurable. He even sang and danced for us. It made me feel more relaxed and not as nervous as I was when I got there. Thanks to the whole team for being so nice!! Thank you DriveTime. I will definitely recommend them.

I had a very good experience with DriveTime. Amber helped me through the whole process and made sure she got me into the car I wanted. I would recommend DriveTime to all my friends and Family. DriveTime really is the best and hopefully when I need a new car I will choose DriveTime.

Excellent customer service! Christopher ** was very knowledgeable about the vehicles we look at. He also patient when it came to the decision process. Most dealers are not as patient and laid back as he was. He worked hard to help get what we wanted and in the car in a timely manner.

I walk in the door of DriveTime for the first time as was greeted and welcome by an agent name Mauve. She served me with the highest integrity and professionalism. My process went smoothly and timely. I would recommend anyone looking for a vehicle to go to DriveTime. Thank you Kayce for your hospitality and my choice of a great vehicle.

I had a wonderful experience. Thanks Marcus **. I was a little disappointed to learn that I would be responsible for my own property taxes and tag expenses. I assume it was because I purchased out of state. Otherwise, great experience.

I had a wonderful experience at DriveTime. Laura ** from the Mechanicsville Turnpike. Laura was great from beginning to end. I got the car that I wanted and am very happy. I would recommend DriveTime to anyone who is looking for a vehicle.

I had a wonderful experience. Everyone was helpful. I would gladly recommend anyone purchase their vehicle here. The employees made me feel comfortable with my decision on my purchase. I think the employees should continue with the wonderful job they're doing.

Everyone was courteous and professional. The only thing I was disappointed with was that they added warranty and gap insurance without asking me first or discussing with me until the last minute. Almost like I didn't have a choice. Other than that, I was happy with how fast the process was.

Hi Clyde,

We are very excited to hear that you had a great experience! At DriveTime we aim to be competitive with our pricing and are glad you found it satisfactory. Thank you for your business and we look forward to being your preferred dealer in the future!

Thanks,

Britney

Original review: May 28, 2017

I went to DriveTime a few years ago to get a vehicle because of my bad credit, the process was seamless. I went back a week ago to discuss getting a new vehicle! The process was even more seamless and easy! I picked it out, the vehicle was moved to that store the next day and I had the down payment a few days later. I've found a place that will always have my business now!

Hello Trinada,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sincerely sorry that you had experienced any such situation while at one of our dealerships. I want to assure you that we strive to provide only the utmost in customer service and your experience is not something that is typical for a DriveTime customer. Our dealership representatives make it a point to ensure that each and every person who walks through the door knows and feels that they are the best and most important part of DriveTime. Please know that we will look into this situation to see how we may use it as a training opportunity to improve upon our level of service. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Original review: May 28, 2017

I barely got acknowledgment when I walked through the door of DriveTime Houston NW Fwy dealer. When I finally did I was met by dealer Kelley **, who proceeded to ask me questions in the most condescending way. Almost like she was asking, "What do you want?" No smiles, not handshake, I mean the worst possible first impression I have ever encountered from any salesperson here on earth. I came to this specific DriveTime because I had done business there before and recently had a total loss and a check issued to me from my insurance, so I was ready to buy. Well I asked this woman about a specific car, she became annoyed and said, "What kind of THIS car?" I went back to my car to get my phone to Google exactly what car and she said, "I don't think we have any of those."

Then she asked, "Have you been to their dealership to check if they have their own car?" I was blown away at that point and knew right then and there I'd never spend a dime with this business again because my first experience wasn't really five star either. I really wanted to find this car and sat long enough through her weird uncomfortable facial expressions, some slightly long and piercing stares from across the desk, and condescending and most awkward conversation, until she finally found what I was looking for in the Gulf Bank area. I ask for a number out there and even that seem to bother her. She asked me, "You don't wanna get it here?" I want to say "H... NO!" But just said no, took a card, stood up and walked out of there as fast as I could.

Hey Samuel,

We are very excited to hear that you had a good experience! Here at DriveTime we strive to have an extensive selection so that all our customers can find the perfect vehicle. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you soon!

Sincerely,

Britney

Original review: May 28, 2017

My experience with DriveTime was very good! There was a great selection of cars to choose from with the budget I had! Michelle was super helpful in finding the right vehicle for me. Thanks for getting me on the road!

The dealership on Broad Street in Columbus Ohio was great. I had been turned down by Jeff ** and Ricart ** even though they approved me online before I went. Total waste of my time and this was my last hope. Jerrell could not have worked harder to get me approved. The interest rates are high but if you have credit issues that is to be expected. I have read complaints from people who bought 10-year-old cars and had problems. What do you expect... it is a 10-year-old used car! I would recommend to anyone who is in need to go here and ask for Jerrell.

Hello Wes,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to leave your review. I am deeply sorry to hear that your recent interaction with DriveTime left you feeling dissatisfied with the approval options provided to you during your visit to our dealership, as well as the vehicle itself.

Regarding the approval, please know that we aim to be as transparent as possible during the pre-approval process in order to ensure a productive dealership experience for our prospective customers. However, approval and down payment options are subject to change based on physical documentation provided to the dealership.

In regards to the vehicle issues, please know that we try to prevent situations such as these by inspecting our vehicles prior to sale. However, it can sometimes be very difficult to predict exactly if or when mechanical issues may arise due to the nature of pre-owned vehicles. For this reason, each vehicle sold from our lot includes an initial 30-day/1,500-mile limited warranty.

That said, I want to apologize again for any frustration you had experienced during your recent encounter with our company. If you are in need of further assistance, please feel free to contact my Customer Relations team at (888) 290-0148.

Jacob – Customer Relations

Original review: May 27, 2017

For weeks I checked online over and over looking for the right car. Finally found it in Mobile, called to make sure I could get the 2014 Chrysler 200 I feel in love with for the down payment approved online. Drove 2 hours, got there, loved the car, then was told I needed triple the down payment. Found and got another 200 for $100 more than the internet down payment, loved the car. Drove it home, had problems, called. Drove another 2 hours and had to settle for a car, not the make or model I was wanting. Very disappointed.

DriveTime Company Profile