Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Katrina and Kevin were very sweet, very quick and informative throughout the entire process! Buying a vehicle has never been easier. I would definitely come back for a future purchase. 10/10 would recommend to friends and family in need of a vehicle. 100% satisfied and happy with my new vehicle!

My experience with was great. They really tried their best to help me find a great car despite my credit. I would recommend them to anyone. They have great cars that are accessible to people with less than perfect credit.

I am very please with everyone at DriveTime. First time ever being there and they all had a smile on their face and very nice. And I don't remember the lady's name but she works at the one in Pittsburgh which I know that may not tell you but she sold me the 2010 Honda CRV and she was awesome. Thank you all for taking the time out and helping us get a vehicle. Have a wonderful evening.

Great people. They will help you get into a car that you will love. They will get you financing at a reasonable price and help you find the car that you are looking for. They will go all out to help you out.

My salesman Kevin ** really took his time and walk me through everything. This was also a good experience because this was my first time purchasing a car. He was patient and took the time to show me what I wanted and answered all the questions I had.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DriveTime?

ALL I CAN SAY IS THEY HAVE MADE ME SOOO HAPPY I DON'T THINK I REGRET ONE MOMENT! I would recommend to a friend, co-worker, family! I'm like a poster person for DriveTime now and this was my first dealership purchase. (:

I enjoyed my two visits at the Riverside Dealership. I also, was so pleased to know that I was approved (when others turned me down or tried playing games to have me put down more) of a deposit. I truly appreciate one of your salesman Carliose **. What an awesome man and cool to talk also. He was a great help to me in purchasing my new car and it took no time at all!!! KEEP UP THE AWESOME JOB DRIVETIME...

All team members assisted in my needs in finding the perfect affordable vehicle for me. Everything was explained well and everyone had a great attitude. I will be sure to recommend the establishment to other people because DriveTime made sure I was able to purchase a vehicle for me.

DriveTime is a very nice place to buy a car. And the customer service was very nice and friendly. There was no pressure to buy a car. They took care of us in letting us take our time in picking out our new car. Jeff and Oliver, gave us nothing but awesome, great service. You'll be so happy, you'll drive off with a smile on your face. So stop on by "DRIVETIME" today and pick out your new car or truck today.

Kathleen ** and Ryan really took the time to make sure I got the right vehicle! They were kind, patient, and very helpful! I would totally refer friends to DriveTime in Olathe, KS! Thank You for the awesome experience and great customer service!

I am writing this review as I feel it is very important to give Kudos to the Bradenton FL Location. The entire staff is very helpful and knowledgeable and I was able to get the exact car I wanted for the exact price and down payment I was looking for. They are very easy to work with and Bridgecrest the payment facility is also very accommodating.

Hello Maria,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to provide feedback regarding your recent encounter with DriveTime. I want to sincerely apologize if the service you had received during your recent visit caused you to lose interest in our company.

We always strive to provide our customers with customer service of the highest quality, and it is truly unfortunate to hear that you had left feeling otherwise. Should your situation change, we would appreciate the opportunity to have you as a customer in the future.

Respectfully,

Jacob - Customer Relations

Original review: March 19, 2017

After my experience with DriveTime they rush through paperwork, did explain the biweekly payments or five return. All the talk about was other offer. They took back the car. I explain to manager my experience with stuff. Week later I pick up my refund and the name on it was wrong. Wow again they didn't look at my ID and paperwork. I couldn't suggest this company to no one. Then the manager told me that he seen my review. I was so scare. I just want to get out that I did notice my name was spelled wrong.

Daidrill and Lanecia at the 59 South location in HOUSTON were awesome. They helped my husband and I get into a vehicle with affordable monthly payments and a low down payment. Service was excellent and I would definitely recommend them to my family and friends.

My fiancee and I bought our first car there last February and the employees made the buying process for us really easy and we were first time buyers then. This time, it was even easier because we knew what to expect and again the employees were great. Buying a car is not easy and everyone was really patient and helpful. I really appreciate the service you provided us with.

The website of DriveTime was easy to use and I really think I will be using it often. The instructions were easy and I really was happy with it, and I can't wait to use the service again. What a way to make paying your car payments. Thank you for your cool customer service.

My experience was great. The salesman, Brian, was down to earth, patient, and very knowledgeable in answering my questions. Everything was very timely and prompt although it slowed down enough to attend any of my concerns. Definitely would recommend to family and friends.

Hello Shawn,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sincerely sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied due to any pricing concerns. I want to assure you that we strive to provide affordable transportation options for all customers. When it comes to pricing, we understand that customers may be wary of how vehicles and loans are priced. For this reason, we aim to be as transparent as possible when it comes to vehicle pricing. All vehicle pricing is available online as well as posted on each vehicle at our dealership. We also understand customers may question why pricing is higher than expected, however we utilize NADA Retail Suggested Value when evaluating our pricing, which are within the “fair market range” displayed on the “Buy from a Dealer” page on Kelly Blue Book (KBB). We also invest over $1,200 in parts and labor in every vehicle we sell to ensure it meets our standards, an amount representing 10% or more of the NADA value of the vehicles. We want all customers to feel comfortable with the terms of their contract, which is why we also provide a Federal Truth in Lending Disclosure. This disclosure indicates the cost of the vehicle, the total amount financed, the APR, any finance charges included, and the total amount that is expected to be paid upon maturity of the loan. Also included is information regarding the customer’s due date schedule; we outline each due date and the amount to be paid on said date. This allows customers the ability to see how much they will be paying each month. Customers are encouraged to review all aspects of their vehicle and loan prior to sale.

Thank you again for your time. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Andrew – Customer Relations

Original review: March 13, 2017

The loan term is way too much you end up paying more than the car is worth because of the simple interest loan. I really feel like I live in North Korea. Once I pay the amount financed I still have to pay additional $15000 dollars after I paid the car off. My monthly payment weren't what I told them. Bad experience.

Hello Sean,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to provide your feedback. I truly apologize if you left our Richmond location feeling dissatisfied with regards to our transparency.

Please know that we prioritize transparency above all else, which is why we disclose our prices online and post them on every vehicle for sale at our dealerships. We also invest, on average, over $1,200 in parts and labor in every vehicle we sell to ensure it meets our standards, an amount representing 10% or more of the NADA value of the vehicles. We utilize NADA Retail Suggested Value when evaluating our pricing, which is within the “fair market range” displayed on the “Buy from a Dealer” page on Kelly Blue Book (KBB). And because DriveTime and Bridgecrest (our new loan servicing company) specialize in working with customers with less than perfect credit, the Annual Percentage Rate (APR) offered may be higher than expected. For this reason, we provide a Federal Truth in Lending Disclosure during the contracting process. This disclosure details the APR, the finance charges, the amount financed, the total amount expected to be paid throughout the life of the loan, and the total sales price. We encourage all customers to review all aspects of their vehicle and loan prior to final contracting.

Additionally, DriveTime customers may utilize our Vehicle Return Program (VRP) if they find that they are dissatisfied with their purchase in any way. This program allows our customers to return their vehicle within 5 business days, or 300 miles, of signing their contract, excluding Sundays and holidays.

I want to apologize again for any frustration this situation may have caused you, as well as any parties involved. If further assistance is needed, please know that my Customer Relations Department can be reached at (888) 290-0148.

Respectfully,

Jacob – Customer Relations

Original review: March 13, 2017

I am in the car business. Don't sell cars but I set up extended car warranties on cars that are just purchased. The DriveTime location in Richmond, Virginia, took advantage of a senior retired couple. They were 84 years old. Sold them a 2009 Grand Caravan with over 100k miles on it. 485.00 dollars a month for 5 years. They are paying 485 bucks a month for 5 years. The total amount paid for this car will be close to 29,000 thousand dollars. This company should be ashamed of themselves. This car isn't worth 8k most. This is how DriveTime stretches out the old folks.

Do not, do not, do not let your older retired family members walk into this facility without someone guiding them because DriveTime will stretch you out, take every last dime you have. These retired folks just in talking to them on the phone were so upset. Didn't know why they were paying so much. This company will rape every last dollar from you and could care less if it's your grandpa, grandma. It's a shame.

Will was my salesman. He was professional, polite and courteous. He had a sense of humor which I liked. He knew information about each vehicle that he showed me. The vehicle that I purchased, he explained the features and did a test.

At DriveTime all employees work as a team. I didn't buy on my first visit and there was no pressure when I left without buying a car. Reggie and Josh are awesome. Very patient and knows the products. The payments are very expensive but divided monthly according to your pay schedule.

I really enjoyed the experience and the customer service. The only issue that I did not like was the fact that I brought someone in with me who also purchased a vehicle but was told that I could not get the referral fee. I did not appreciate that due to the fact that I actually brought them from Albany to Columbus.

Went in not knowing what I was gonna do for a ride and when I tell you guys that I was able to drive away in a new car I'm not joking. Then the next day I decided that I wanted a different car and was able to get what I wanted and it actually fits who I am I tell you, these ladies and gents helped a ton. Made my day and in the end got me in a two year old car that'll last me many years to come.

From start to finish my experience was awesome. Thank you Shannon ** for being responsive, reliable, and informative. From the first call to driving off the lot I was well-informed of the entire process. Shannon responding to all my questions in complete details. She took her to keep and made sure I was ready to purchase my vehicle. Not one time did I feel pressured.

My sales representative was the best. It's like she lived the experience with me! We test drove several cars, then carefully evaluated the best choice. I would definitely recommend and return to DriveTime for a future purchase. I also appreciate all the staff for being patient with me during my layaway period.

This was the best car buying experience we've had. Very friendly people and willing to take care of the customers professionally. Merwan was great and had a great sense of humor. Would definitely recommend to others. The only downfall is the closest dealership was in Allentown PA. Other than that very satisfied with our experience.

Excellent service, excellent personnel, excellent experience!!! Extremely happy with my car also in excellent condition. I recommend DriveTime to everyone, great payment plans too. I leave the dealer with everything set and ready. I love my new car. Thank you.

Hello Janice,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your DriveTime experience. I am sincerely sorry to hear that you are experiencing any concerns during this situation. I want to assure you that we want to be as transparent as possible when it comes to any financial situation. This is especially true when it comes to payments. In order to help our customers maintain successful loans, we structure the payments to coincide with the customer’s pay dates. And while it is true that we are able to change a customer’s due dates, it would require paperwork as it is a loan modification. Simply requesting the change over the phone will not suffice as we are changing a legal document and we require a customer’s signature to complete the process.

I truly apologize about any other loan concerns that you are experiencing. In order to best assist you, I encourage you to reach out to our loan servicing partner, Bridgecrest. You can reach their customer service at 800-967-8526.

Andrew – Customer Relations

Original review: March 10, 2017

I have been dissatisfied since the 2nd month of having loan, I was lied too upfront that I can trade it in at 6 months. I have been repossessed within 30 days of having loan. Now I had to wait six months to get a monthly payment. I can not get out of this loan. I suggest if anyone deal with this terrible company ask all questions upfront and take a recorder with you. They lied to get my money, reported me to credit bureau and it was their error. They had to go back and remove negative reporting. If I did not look at my credit report I would have never known they repossessed my car for nothing and it cost me 700.00 to get it back. I had to pay them 300.00 upfront and the next day I call to pay them they sent my car to auction after I have been in contact with them the day before. Do not and will not recommend this company. I am trying my best to get out of this loan.

Mr. ** was nice and patient with us and help us a lot. And The other personnel too they do everything step by step and explain everything good and clear for us. Also gave us a copy of every single paper of the buying. The car was full on gas and nice.

I needed a car, and I braced myself for the sleazy car salesperson routine. But Alex made my process very simple. I was driving my new car home the next day and I was so surprised this process had been so easy. I waited a whole month to do the review because I was waiting for the other shoe to drop. So far I'm a happy lady.

I felt I was treated fairly and swiftly. Very happy. I bought a Hyundai. It was quite dirty. The associate took the time to clean. He was very honest with what my options were and again I was very pleased.

DriveTime Company Profile