It's that easy Request Information
4.18/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

DriveTime Automotive Group Inc., based out of Phoenix, Arizona is one of the nation's largest used car dealership networks focused on providing customers with a great used vehicle.

DriveTime Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

6376 DriveTime Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 17, 2019

I have been car shopping for a few months, but have no credit. A friend recommended me so I looked online and found a car, went in, test drove it, but it was only around the block. I did buy the car and I am very happy with my car and the lady that helped me. I can't remember her name. Anyway the 1 thing my friend didn't tell me is that you pay double the amount for car, aging. I have no credit so I am very happy to be driving a 2017 Nissan versa with only 4100 miles and they do provide a carfax. I will update if anything changes. Only had my car 12 days????

Get expert buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2019

My rep, Tim, was very courteous and helpful. I appreciate being able to purchase a car without high pressure sales people hounding me. I will recommend DriveTime to others. Thank you for your assistance in buying a wonderful vehicle. I had my mechanic examine it yesterday and he gives a thumbs up!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: April 15, 2019

I don't know where to begin. When I initially got approved it stated I only had to put down $500, but when I got inside the dealership I was told $1500 down. Cool. However, as I started to see my options and was told I need to put down 20%. I ended up putting down $400 downs and 20% of 1500 is 300. I go back a few days later and the car I originally wanted someone placed it on reserve. However I wanted something similar so I started my own search and found the car. I was told at that point my men can't keep going back and forth out to pick up a car. At that point I told the GM that if it was going to be an issue I can go pick the car up myself. Keep in mind they hadn't even went to picked up the other car yet because I was just in there the day before.

Now here comes the real issue. I have a Chapter 13 bankruptcy so which online it states that it just one additional step that their bankruptcy department verifies as well as I was told in the dealership it wouldn't be an issue. I had to get the terms of the buyer loan and present it to my trustee and bring back a letter for approval. In the state of Virginia trustee does not give the approval it has to be court ordered. I present the terms of the loan to my lawyer who then presented it to the courts and it was given to me in a reasonable amount of time. I brought the letter back to them and was told it takes 24 to 48 hours for their bankruptcy department to verify. Not the case the bankruptcy department took a whole week. I had already put down the entire 1500. I was in a rental car while they took their time while my money was put down on the reserved car I chose so I lost money for the rental.

Here comes the big parts. That Friday I went back to the dealer and told them I want at least majority of my money refunded which was 1100 dollars back, but I would keep the 400 dollars on the reserved car if things just in case I didn't find a a car in the meantime. Still no one at this point told me the terms of the loan changed or the amount. I got a call back that morning around 2pm stating, "Hey I have good news. The bankruptcy department has verified the department." Okay, so how do this work now that I got majority of my money back. I was told I will give you a call back after looking at the ledger to see if we have funds in house to cover it until my bank clears the 1100 dollars. HAHA (I'm being sarcastic).

Come to find out the refund that was made never went through to my bank and my money was still in house and they voided the refund. Ummm makes me think that money was never refunded to my debit card. I know doing debit it goes back to your card immediately. I have had refunds before with the same bank for more than 7 years so I know the process. Get back to the dealership with my kids where we sat for over 3 hours to come to find out that the price of the car went up 2k more and in order for it to work within the terms of the court order I would need to put down another $1356 or go back to the courts and get another order at this point oh I'm freaking heated, because no one bothered to call me to let me know or nothing. I was just informed at that time that, "Hey if you don't pick it up within 14 days after reserving the price could change."

The only thing that could honor those terms is the reservation I initially signed, but expired, but they still had my money for the reservation and I had paid the full $1500 dollars I was on fire!! It was BULL. I even asked the GM what about the terms of the reservation that it expires on the 6 of the month he told me don't worry about that, so how does this fall back on me having to pay the additional $1356 again??? Me in such of need of a car due to my other car being totaled and me having bankruptcy this was the result. I paid the additional $1356 and why I get told the first carnote is due on 4/27/19 and I got the car on 4/12/2019. I said, "No that won't work." OK so they change it to 5/4/2019 which is 22 days later. Still I was not happy.

Wait. I missed a part there were literally no FLUIDS in the car, the car was not cleaned properly, and the OIL WAS BLACK. I mentioned all this. The only help I received was from Sidin who stayed calmed with me the entire time and helped with some other things I was grateful for that. I was giving 30 bucks by the GM to get the oil change from MIDAS with a coupon for 49.99 but 20% off. How you gone determine where I take the car too for an oil change?? What that was supposed to make me HAPPY no I don't think so. The rest of the individuals couldn't help out, but I know they felt the frustration of the BULL. Woodbridge DriveTime team have some true solid sales team members there. I give them that, but this is in no such way how you conduct business. I don't care if I had 7 bankruptcies. This was not fair to the customer at all. I am still highly upset that I felt like I was treated poorly due to my credit, but my money was solid.

Hello Alexis,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to provide detailed feedback on your recent experience at our dealership. I want to sincerely apologize for any frustration you had felt due to the complications you had experienced throughout our layaway process, as well as the issues you had with the vehicle itself after the time of sale.

In reference to the pricing change and additional down payment requirements you had mentioned throughout the purchasing process, it is important to mention that our vehicle prices are subject to change based on the daily market value of each given vehicle. However, once one of our customers have entered into the layaway program by making a deposit on their vehicle, they would be locked into the contract terms and rates that were established at that time. That being said, it is always important for our customers to keep in mind that the layaway program has an established deadline of 14-days. If that deadline is reached, and our customer is required to begin the approval process once more, any pricing fluctuations between the original layaway date and the current date would then take effect.

Regarding the vehicle issues you had mentioned, please know that we make our best effort to identify any known issues during the initial vehicle inspection. In the event that issues arise after sale, it is important to keep in mind that each vehicle from our lot includes an initial 30-day/1,500-mile Limited Warranty, in addition to the extended Vehicle Service contract.

I also want to apologize if you had felt restricted on which facility you were able to utilize upon being offered assistance with your oil change through our dealership. Please know that this was not done as an inconvenience to you in any way. Rather, this is because Drivetime, along with our warranty partner, SilverRock, have a list of partnered vendors and repair facilities that are able to assist us in situations such as these.

Thank you again for leaving your review. If you are in need of further assistance, please contact our Customer Relations team at (888) 290-0148.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I was extremely happy with my experience. When all you hear is NO multiple times, that is what you expect. I went in with my specifications. Money down, payment amount, & type of vehicle wanted... And got a YES! I am so thankful they were able to fit my needs. I will most definitely do my future auto purchases with DriveTime!

Original review: April 14, 2019

I was very pleased with Marcus at the Fayetville location and would recommend anyone to go see him! I am super happy with my purchase and thank you for this opportunity. DriveTime has allowed me to purchase the car I was looking for at a reasonable price and in return I am able to begin rebuilding my credit with a car I am in love with!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DriveTime?

Original review: April 14, 2019

My salesman was Donny. I was super nervous about buying a car And never liked car salesman. But immediately he made me feel comfortable. Walked me through the entire process Test drove a couple of cars And ended up buying one honestly cause he made it happen. I’m am going to recommend Donny to all my friends and anyone who’s looking for a car. I really appreciate the professionalism he has. Thank you.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Very grateful with the help that was given to me.... Susan was very kind and patient through out the process.... She guided me through the whole process efficiently. Also thanks to Bridgecrest for everything as well.... I'm very grateful.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Haven't even went to my appointment and heard nothing but mumbo jumbo, sales person asked for info through email, then when I call they do a Stevie Wonder on me and say sales person doesn't have access to a computer at the dealership, trifling business practices. Judson Dealership. Live Oak TX!

Hello Clayton,

I truly apologize if your sales advisor was unable to assist you during the time of your call. I want to assure you our intentions as a company is to be transparent with all of our potential customers and to create a personalized experience.

Additionally, please know that we aim to provide the best possible service during all steps of the purchasing process. Our mission is to ensure that the service level is being maintained throughout the process with all customers and I regret to hear you are feeling otherwise. If you feel more comfortable going to a different location, you are more than welcome to visit any nearby DriveTime dealership that can also assist you with the sales process and with any questions you may have.

We appreciate all your feedback and will be providing any applicable coaching or training opportunities in an effort to prevent this situation in the future. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact your local dealership or our Corporate sales team, at 800-965-8042.

Sincerely,

Original review: April 13, 2019

From the time I arrived they were very helpful in choosing my car According to what I could afford. Yamilet was very helpful. She went over the process, explained the contract and made sure the car was ready. Very good experience. I would recommend DriveTime to anyone that is looking for a used car.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Although the process got off to slow start with first salesman, the GM James quickly acted and responded when I called. The vehicle of choice was at another location, but he made sure I got what I wanted versus just trying to sell me anything. Ryan was very personable, answering every question and ensured the process was smooth to the end; even making sure my wife was comfortable while we test drove and completed paperwork! Thanks for a great car buying experience!

Original review: April 13, 2019

I purchased a 2014 Ford Edge from DriveTime in Temple Hills, Maryland in December 2018; Four months later the fuel sensor is faulty. I fill up with a tank of gas, the dashboard reads 418 miles until empty. I drive 4 miles and the dashboard reads 318 miles until empty. I call the Silver Rock warranty department and they tell me the part is not covered under warranty and I will have to pay for a diagnostic test out of pocket. I then call Drive Time Customer relations and they tell me the exact same thing. Why should I have to pay out of pocket for a diagnostic test and this car was purchased from Drive Time four months ago. In the meantime, I’m paying for an extended warranty that only covers certain things. This is a complete ripoff and I’m highly pissed. Be careful about purchasing cars and check everything before buying!!! Beware of these horrible scams these people come up with.

Hello Elijah,

Thank you for writing your review and I am sorry to hear of the mechanical concerns that you are currently experiencing.

Please know that every vehicle sold from DriveTime is pre-owned and inspected prior to being placed on our lots for sale. Since our vehicles are pre-owned and we are unable to predict if or when mechanical concerns might arise, each vehicle that is sold comes with a 30 day/1,500 Limited Warranty along with an optional Vehicle Service Contract to assist in most situations.

It is important to know that at times repairs will be needed on the vehicle that will be considered a non-covered component and would be considered the customers’ cost of ownership. However, in the event you may need possible repair assistance, our DriveTime Customer Relations department is able to review an estimate for any applicable options of assistance. That being said, it would be the customers responsibility to obtain an estimate which may require a diagnostic fee to be paid to the repair facility. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer assistance with the cost of the fee.

Again, my apologies regarding your sales experience. Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please contact our Customer Relations department at (800) 965-8043 and a representative will be glad to assist.

Original review: April 11, 2019

My wiper arm is not working on passenger side. Seat on passenger side is not adjustable. Mileage is only showing trip miles. I tried to call silver rock for repair, no luck with repair facilities. They are either rude (repair shops) or telling me they don't do that kind of repair. Telling me to take it back to the dealership.

Hello Richard,

Thank you for writing your review. I am truly sorry to hear of the multiple mechanical concerns that you are experiencing, in addition to the treatment you are receiving from our in-network repair facilities.

Please know every DriveTime vehicle is inspected prior to being placed on our lots for sale. Since our vehicles are pre-owned and we can never predict if or when mechanical malfunctions might arise, each vehicle comes with a 30 day/1,500 mile Limited Warranty, along with an optional Vehicle Service Contract to assist in most situations.

In regards to our in-network repair facilities, we are selective as to whom we partner with and certainly apologize for the lack of customer service and professionalism you received. We appreciate all feedback, both positive and constructive, and encourage you to contact SilverRock at (877) 584-3848, your Vehicle Service Contract provider, to aid you in locating an in-network repair facility that is able to assist you with your current concerns. You may also visit SilverRock’s website, SR-Repairs.com and enter in your zip code to find an accommodating location.

Should you wish to discuss your review further, please contact our Customer Relations at (800) 965-8043 and a representative will be glad to assist.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I bought a 2011 Chevy equinox in May 2017 and I'm currently trying to get the warranty company Silver Rock to cover ANOTHER MOTOR to be put into this piece of crap car. DriveTime sold us this car and within a week, haven't even paid an actually payment on it yet, the check engine light came on. I tried to return the car to DriveTime and they said it was going to be a repo on my credit score. I have had nothing but problems... catalytic converter, the timing chain, the rings in the pistons were burning up until the engine blew and had to get a used motor put into it.

The shops within network don't actually fix the problems either, they just put "band-aids" on it. Silver Rock wouldn't cover putting in a new motor even though it would have been the safer choice. That motor lasted 18000 miles until 2 weeks ago a rod was thrown through the side of the motor that left me stranded on the side of the road. So now my car is sitting at shop right now because the warranty company isn't approving the claim because I can't find a receipt from over a year ago for an oil change on the car but knowing I have other proof that it was done, it's not accepted.

Even though if they would have listen to the shop at the time of the last replacement motor and put the new one in I wouldnt be having this problem. They have actually changed their policy as well without telling their customers. They won't cover a rental car either so I've missed work due to not having a way to and from work. I cant afford to put a new motor in my car. This car is nothing but a death trap.

Hello Kaylie,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to write your review. I am truly sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your vehicle due to the engine issues you had mentioned.

Please know that we try to avoid these situations altogether by identifying any known issues during our initial vehicle inspection. However, due to the nature of pre-owned vehicles, mechanical malfunctions may sometimes occur after the time of sale. It is for this reason that we include an initial Limited Warranty, as well as an optional Vehicle Service Contract.

Under the terms of this Vehicle Service Contract, it is important to keep in mind that our warranty partner, SilverRock, may sometimes request maintenance records if they have any reason to believe that a lack of maintenance may have led to the failure of an otherwise failed component. Please be aware that this detail is listed within the terms of the Vehicle Service Contract that is signed at the time of sale.

While I also understand your concern regarding the overall quality of the part that was initially placed in your vehicle, please know that SilverRock works with licensed part suppliers in order to obtain the components needed. Additionally, please know that any parts provided by these suppliers will normally include a 1-year/12,000-mile warranty, which in some cases may also be contingent on obtaining proof of maintenance records.

That said, I want to apologize again for any inconvenience this matter had caused for you. Please know that we have been made aware of your frustrations through feedback that you had left elsewhere. We would be more than happy to discuss this situation with you in further detail; However, we are unable to do so in a public forum. At your earliest convenience, I welcome you to contact our Customer Relations team at (888) 290-0148.

Jacob – Customer Relations

Original review: April 10, 2019

We had a great experience. Jadon and later Tim were very helpful. They went out of their way to get us the car we wanted with terms that were acceptable to us. They took the time review all the paperwork with us and the signing online was very helpful. We would definitely refer others to DriveTime.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Randell **, at Charlotte, NC - South Blvd made my purchase easy and fast. Randell was knowledgeable, friendly and very professional. I would recommend this dealership for anyone that needs a good car. Thanks to Randell for his Great Customer Service and expertise. Thank You!

Original review: April 9, 2019

Great experience with Justin. First car I've leased and he made sure I got the car I wanted. He did everything a car salesman would do plus more. He helped set up my tracker and just had me excited to get my car.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I reached out to Drivetime through the site on Thursday, got a call within mins with a deposit quote and was scheduled to come in the next day. I arrived a little late around 730. I was greeted by several employees. Barely waited for 15-20 mins even after being late for my appt. Long story short I was driving off the lot in the car I sought out for (WITH A FULL TANK OF GAS)!!! I am very satisfied!

Original review: April 8, 2019

I have never enjoyed purchasing a vehicle in the past! But DriveTime changed all of that! From the moment we walked in the door, Gavin greeted us and we were NEVER left alone. Customer Service is absolutely EXCELLENT! Thanks to Gavin, Rico! It was a GREAT experience from start to finish!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: April 8, 2019

The first night I saw the car, I loved it. Took 4 days to purchase car with cash in hand. Main reason they were too busy and not enough sales people available. Very frustrating and I didn't want that specific car, I would have not came back.

Hello Jackie,

I am truly sorry to hear about your buying experience. Although you were able to purchase your desired vehicle, I do want to apologize for the extensive time it took to finalize the process due to the lack of staff that we had available. We do our best to provide all of our potential customers a personalized and comfortable experience. I sincerely apologize if this didn’t reflect during your visit.

We appreciate all feedback and will be providing any applicable coaching or training opportunities in an effort to prevent this situation in the future. If you have any additional feedback or any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Relations team, at 888-290-0148.

Kindly,

Original review: April 7, 2019

I really have no complaints. I had done my legwork ahead of time and knew exactly what I wanted so that helped also. The whole process was quick and easy! Rasheita was very helpful and made the process seamless.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: April 7, 2019

I had no idea that DriveTime was a 2nd chance dealership. I have decent credit and I’ve never financed a car before. I was sold a car with bad rotors and of course the 30 day warranty doesn’t cover it. The interest rate is 24% and after doing my research I have decided that this purchase was a horrible decision and I will be returning the vehicle in the am. I know I can find a better deal.

Hello Nashida,

I am saddened to hear that you are dissatisfied with your loan terms and that you were experiencing concerns with your vehicle. I am sorry you feel you have to return your vehicle.

In regards to the mechanical concerns, as you know our vehicles are pre-owned and inspected to meet the national highway standards prior to being placed on our lots for sale. Since each vehicle is pre-owned and we can never determine if or when mechanical concerns might arise, each vehicle comes with a 30 day/1,500 mile Limited Warranty (LW), along with an optional Vehicle Service Contract (VSC) to assist in most situations. However, it is important to keep in mind that coverage of any components under this Limited Warranty are contingent on whether or not a failure is confirmed through an in-network repair facility.

Furthermore, please know our goal is to be transparent with all of our customers. At the time of contract, we provide a Federal Truth in Lending Disclosure which provides in detail the APR, the finance charge, the amount financed, the total amount expected to be paid throughout the life of the loan, and the total sales price. If you decide to return your vehicle, I would encourage you to contact Bridgecrest, our financing partner, at 800-967-8526.

I sincerely apologize again, for your overall experience. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please contact our Customer Relations department at 888-290-0148 and a representative will be glad to assist.

Best regards,

Original review: April 7, 2019

Scott was great. He got us what we was looking for. Very friendly. We pulled up and they gave us plenty of time to look around. Didn’t come running out like a bunch of vultures. I will recommend him to anyone looking for a vehicle.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I went into Drivetime hoping to purchase a vehicle, as I had lost the use of my previous vehicle. I knew going in that I was a tough case... not great credit - lots of medical bills and not much open credit - no down payment, and I needed a decent monthly payment, as I had to pay a second car payment as well. I explained all of this and was told that they could work with me. I made an appointment and went into the showroom. I was looking at a used vehicle that was approximately $11,000. I brought in my documents as requested. I informed the sales person that I could pay approximately $1500 - $2000 down in a couple of weeks if I was approved.

They ran my financials - I have a decent job as an office manager - and informed me that the only way they could get my payments down (I needed to stay roughly around $250/mo), I would have to put $6500-$7000 down. What?! That is more than half of the cost of the vehicle. Upon informing the sales manager that I could not do that, I was informed that I was out of luck and basically ignored from that point on. Apparently, if you can't work with their outrageous numbers, they don't want anything to do with you. I left the building with not another word spoken to me. I felt completely hopeless and was afraid I would not be able to get a vehicle, and therefore would lose my job and my new apartment.

After encouragement from friends and family (I was desperately asking anyone to cosign), I decided to try CarMax. I am now the proud owner of a vehicle I love and a payment of $265/month with a five year loan. I am building my credit, and have a fantastic vehicle to drive. Drivetime is worthless... they try to suck you in by the promise of low down payments (their commercial literally says they have the lowest down payments - thousands lower than others) and the ability to work with your bad credit. This is an outright lie. Go somewhere else and save your money and time.

Hello Denise,

I regret to hear that you were dissatisfied with the approval options presented to you and your buying experience.

Please know our goal as a company is to be transparent with our customers through all steps of the purchasing process. It’s important to keep in mind that these decisions are pre-approvals and they are not guaranteed. The approval options presented to our potential customers are subject to change based on several factors; including but not limited to proof of residency, credit score, proof of income and the desired vehicle. We work diligently with our customers to find a vehicle that they will not only be happy with, but that will fit well within their budget.

In regards to the service level you encountered, please know that we do our best to provide all of our potential customers a personalized and comfortable experience. I sincerely apologize if this didn’t reflect during your visit. If at any time the service level or communication at DriveTime is not being kept or not up to DriveTime standards, we would definitely like the opportunity to address this.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Relations department, at 888-290-0148.

Sincerely,

Original review: April 7, 2019

I was very pleased with the car I got. I know I was picky but you guys got me a good car. Thank you very much for taking the time to make sure I got a good car. I like the fact you split the payment up and it's not due all at one time. So that makes it easy to pay.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I bought an Mercedes Benz c300 last year and before I went I was able to look the Carfax for free on their website. I also went and looked up how reliable and the cost to maintain these vehicles. I suggest say no to warranty and no to gap insurance. These will make the loan which in nature has a very high interest way more than the vehicle's value. Finance just the car and do your homework on what is the market average for the vehicle you want. After you know what you want go get it with confidence. They will give you a warranty for certain amount of time after purchase for free.

They made it possible for me to continue progressing in life by allowing me to buy a car with bad credit. I am very grateful for DriveTime.com. I knew what I wanted and I know what I was getting into. Read, Read and Read some more all of their fine print so you understand the deal. I am very very happy with my purchase and I only have a bit less than 3 years to pay it off. Thank you DriveTime.com for making it possible. Love your Business model!!!

Original review: April 6, 2019

We started what we thought was going to be a painless process at our morning appt. After driving and deciding on a vehicle an indicator light was on in the dash. It was taken to be looked at and the was the last we saw of it. 2.5 hours later, after being told at 11:30 that it would be one hour, we were getting angry. At this point we had no information other than the parts were on their way and could be there whenever. After another half hour, DriveTime offered to match some of the down payment to get us in another vehicle and on our way. We love our new car.

Original review: April 6, 2019

This is not the first review I have written about DriveTime this would be the third within a year! Stay far away from them! I can’t believe I am saying this but I actually had a great experience with them when my wife and I leased a vehicle before my son was born! A year ago I purchased a vehicle from them thinking I would get the same type of experience. I purchased a 2011 Hyundai Tucson very nice inside and out. On the test drive I was not able to put the vehicle back into park after shifting it into drive. I told the salesman, which was not a salesman but one of the desk managers covering. That should have been my first red flag, but he did say that we would have it looked at and fixed prior to the completion of the sale. I took his word for it finished the paperwork got everything taken care of vehicle returned.

As I’m driving home the car starts to shake then the engine light comes on. Once I get to my destination I still cannot put the car in park from drive, so I have to shut the car off then turn it back on. No worries I think just call the dealer which they refer me to a warranty shop who I gladly take to on the following Monday because I purchased the vehicle on a Saturday. I take it to the shop. They do their thing. Say the issue is complete. I once again take it back home to no avail. I cannot put the vehicle in park from drive! They say to bring it back the next day! I haven’t even had the car for a week and it’s already been in the shop.

After taking it back to them for the third time I’m told the dealer needs to look at it cause the codes is something they are not able to read. I take it back to DriveTime. They say take to the Aamco across the street to have it looked at. I take it to them. They don’t have time to look at it but ask me to bring it back on a different day. Since it was so far from my house I decided to take it to a closer shop since it was still within the 30 day warranty and past the 5 days I couldn’t get another vehicle. The second shop I take it to needs to keep it for a few days great again without a car. I am told I can get reimbursed for a rental car so I pick up a rental car $400 out of my pocket. The car is released sooner than the timeframe that was submitted to Silver Rock but I am told by the shop that they couldn’t fix all problems.

Since I took the vehicle to the first shop I had to take it back to them to have the brake light switch repaired since it’s under their warranty. Other than that my issues would be solved. In my mind I’m very skeptical but whatever I take it back to the first shop. I get there and I talk to the shop manager this guy is very frank and says no I will not look at it again cause this car is evil. He makes sure that the brake lights can still operate then says it’s working reads the codes again from the car cause the engine light is on and says the same thing as they told me before. I go back to DriveTime, this time I’m told by the general manager that I understand you are frustrated I will pass this up to customer relations they will be in touch with you.

My wife and I leave after having an argument about even making the first payment for the vehicle. Nothing that day nothing that week but Silver Rock does call and state that I am not getting a reimbursement for the rental car cause the shop released the car sooner. I said that’s my fault and I’m told sorry! Very angry that $400 has gone down the drain. I’m still driving around with a car that I can’t shift from drive to park. Then over time other little issues start occurring, the next biggest thing is they lose my tags and license plate! My wife reaches out to social media then we are finally contacted by the dealership and customer relations. So we tell them the issue, customer relations says to take it to another shop. For what to be told the same dang news? At this point I wanted out of the car or another vehicle.

To make a long story short I finally go along with it but very hesitant cause I already know I’m going to be told the same. I work with customer relations I had the vehicle checked out got the codes reported them to customer relations. Since it was not through a warranty shop it was not enough! I was told to take it to a Hyundai dealer tell them I had a Silver Rock warranty so they can take care of it. Sure none of them took the warranty like I already told them they wouldn’t so they said they would reimburse half of the cost of an engine diagnostic. Since I have not been reimbursed for anything yet I was not too sure that would happen.

I continue to drive the vehicle. Now I need to get my emissions done, great. I get some repairs done come to find out the engine light never goes off after each repairs and with resetting the ECU. I take it to one of the original shops I took the car to. They were nice enough to do a free engine diagnostic and to call Silver Rock to see if they could get the work covered under the warranty. Well guess what? It’s still giving them the same codes I was getting before with repairs I had to have fixed in the past! They say Silver Rock will not cover the repairs or parts! The limited warranty only covers the engine, axle and AC. Which is kind of funny cause they sell it for covering more when you are signing the contract.

I am pissed, I find alternate means to fix the vehicle which I thought I was in the clear. After changing out a sensor the engine light goes off but immediately comes back on. I take it back to the shop. They find out the wiring is all messed up, which was never disclosed at the time of the purchase of the vehicle. There was a cable running nowhere that was hanging out. Some other cables were also chewed through by rodents. There was also wiring running from the fuse box to the engine that was out of the ordinary. They finally get what the code is by going alternate route. A map sensor needs to be replaced another $400 out of my pocket. I take it home for the day. The engine light is still not off like the shop.

The manager said if it doesn’t go off please bring it back if the car does not properly cycle. I bring it back the next day. He keeps it for the next few days and discovers that more of the wiring has been chewed through! They also uncover that a bearing has been destroyed by bad struts! Both front struts needed to be replaced. One was leaking and the other had oil in it. This would need to be replaced and it would cost me $1100 out of pocket! I’m like wow, the shop was asking if I knew that the struts were bad why would I keep driving the vehicle? I tell them I didn’t know, it’s very embarrassing being accused of neglecting a vehicle that you purchased with a ton of issues that were never brought to your attention! Yes I had the vehicle for a year. If there was a way to get out of it without taking a hit on my credit I would gladly exercise it!

At this point I feel DriveTime does not care about me or making the situation right after being told by a customer relation representative that paying for maintenance cost is part of the ownership of a vehicle and we all have to go through it. I get that but the vehicle was never whole when I got it! So if you are not willing to accept some responsibility like I have in understanding I am stuck with a vehicle that I have to pay for every month while paying for fixes until I can get it registered. You can at least say we messed up and this is what we can do in return.

I hope this can get resolved and I can get reimbursed for some if not all of these fixes or if not I think legal action will be taken. This is not how to treat people especially since they work hard for a living to purchase a luxury such as a vehicle. I will never have the same confidence in anyone when it comes to purchasing future vehicles and I will never have confidence in you guys to ever change.

Hello Andre,

I sincerely apologize for any frustrations you have experienced due to the mechanical concerns that arose so soon after purchase. Going through repairs can definitely be overwhelming and frustrating.

Please know that all of our vehicles are inspected prior to sale in an effort to prevent situations like these. Our vehicles are pre-owned, while they do undergo an initial inspection in order to ensure that it meets our quality standard, there are sometimes instances in which mechanical malfunctions may occur post-sale. To alleviate the potential impact on our customers, each of our vehicles include the initial 30-day/1,500-mile Limited Warranty, as well as the Vehicle Service Contract that we offer as an optional add-on. However, it is important to keep in mind that coverage of any components under this Limited Warranty is contingent on whether or not a failure is confirmed through an in-network repair facility. Please consider that if the repairs needed are determined to be non-covered components, then they would be considered cost of ownership. In regards to the rental expenses, SilverRock does offer rental reimbursement up to a daily rate of $25.99 for every 8 hours of labor time required to complete the repair on covered components.

Additionally, as you may know, if our customers find that they are dissatisfied with their purchase in any way, they may utilize our Vehicle Return Program (VRP). This program allows our customers to return their vehicle within 5 business days of signing their contract, in addition to being within 300 miles, while excluding Sundays and holidays.

I want to apologize once more for your overall experience. Should you wish to further discuss this matter or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Relations department, at 888-290-0148 and a representative will be glad you.

Kindly,

Original review: April 6, 2019

Nichol ** was amazing with helping me find my exact car. I’m extremely satisfied! I will recommend your company to family and friends. Each day is more enjoyable with my 2018 Hyundai Elantra. My husband is looking to purchase a vehicle soon, we’re just waiting for Nichol to call with what he’s looking for.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 5, 2019

I submitted a review about my horrible experience with DriveTime. A person from Corporate by the name of "Jacob" responded to the review trying to say refunding my money is their top priority and it's done in 7-10 Days. To date, still no refund! Next week is 3.5 weeks since the first request. DriveTime has, instead, spent the $500 they owe me in labor just trying to keep my money and fight my bank. They have NO SIGNED contract. Jacob basically suggested that it was I that did not understand the processes... vs... apologizing for their staff's inconsistencies and shortcomings. After all, consumers defer to "trained staff". If their staff doesn't explain a process, then it certainly isn't the consumer's fault.

So in general, their cars are overpriced by at least $2,500, have exceptionally high mileage and Shadeland Avenue in Indianapolis and Eastpointe, Michigan have no one actually trained so that the same answers come out of everyone's mouths. Buy your overpriced car now because I predict DriveTime has serious money problems if they can't afford to refund $500!!! Denise **

Hello Denise,

Thank you for sharing your updated feedback. I am sincerely sorry to hear that you have not yet received your refund.

Upon further review, it appears that our dealership staff has been making efforts to contact you regarding this matter. Unfortunately, they have been unsuccessful in their attempts to reach you thus far.

At your earliest convenience, I ask that you please reach out to our dealership at (317) 554-0355 so that they may assist you in the process of obtaining your appropriate refund. Once you have contacted them, you are more than welcome to contact our Customer Relations team at (888) 290-0148 if you feel that you are in need of further assistance.

Thanks,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 1, 2019

Paid my car off with Drivetime in 2018. Now I can't tag my car here in Missouri because Drivetime has unpaid taxes. My property tax is paid in full but the company I purchased the car from, "Drivetime" has unpaid taxes and I can't get my car tagged until they suffice the state of Missouri. Hours on the phone with rude mindless people has cost me lost wages and grief.

Hello Eric,

First off let us say, Congratulations for paying your vehicle off with Bridgecrest! We appreciate you reaching out to us and allowing us to look into your concern in regards to getting your vehicle registered. I recognize the urgency regarding your situation and I would strongly encourage you to contact our Customer Relations department and request for me directly so I may get this taken care of. I will do my best in order to get this matter resolved and to assist in this matter.

Again, my apologies for this unfortunate circumstance.

DriveTime Company Information