Call toll free
4.20/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

DriveTime Automotive Group Inc., based out of Phoenix, Arizona is one of the nation's largest used car dealership networks focused on providing customers with a great used vehicle.

DriveTime Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

6047 DriveTime Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Ryan and King at the Olathe, Kansas location was friendly and accommodating (especially King considering it was 20 degrees outside and we looked at a lot of cars). Definitely willing to help you get into a vehicle you are looking for. I would recommend them in a heartbeat and definitely will for my next vehicle.

Get expert buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I love my new car and I will recommend all of my friends, family and associates to purchase their new vehicle at Drivetime. Drivetime Rocks! I thank God for allowing this opportunity for me and my children to drive away with one of the cars of our dream.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

My experience with DriveTime was amazing. Wesley ** was fantastic. He was unlike any other salesman my wife and I have encountered in that he didn’t try to sell us on junk we didn’t need. He was genuine and really helped us out to find exactly what we needed at a great price. I will definitely return when I need another vehicle.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Had the best experience with DriveTime. They were amazing people and I got the car I wanted with no problems and easy!! Thank you!!! With all the cars I’ve bought over the last 20 yrs my Chevy Cruze is by far my favorite!!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Came to purchase a car for my daughter and the transaction was simple and a whole lot faster than a regular dealer. Jamal was professional and friendly. It was nice to not feel that fear of rejection because my regular credit score isn’t that great!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DriveTime?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I plan on using DriveTime for any future vehicle needs. I also would recommend Olathe Ks location of the location of choice. Ryan (Manager) and King sales rep were very helpful and there is no pressure with these guys. Thanks again Drive Time.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I purchased a car Saturday, I took it home and parked it, Sunday about 12:00 noon I went outside to start the car and it would not start. I tried to jump start the car it would not start, about 20 mins later it started, I drove the car a couple of miles to a relative's house and went inside, a few minutes later it would not start again. I waited a few minutes and it started, I drove the car home and parked it. I am going to return the car because something is wrong with it, I didn’t expect this and I don’t want to be paying for a car that won't start.

Hello Phillip,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. I want to apologize that you have encountered this. Please know that although we inspect all of our vehicles prior to placing them on our lots, they are pre-owned. It is for this reason that we offer a 30 day/1,500 mile Limited Warranty and optional Vehicle Service Contract. I would like to ensure that this is properly addressed for you. To best assist, please contact my Customer Relations team at (888)290-0148.

Kaitlyn - Customer Relations

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

We got the pleasure of working with the general manager who really made us feel valued as customers. He worked with us on getting a down payment and recommended a great car for our family to drive. Thank you so much for making the process of buying a car less stressful and letting us take the time to weigh our options.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I am very pleased with my experience. Just got a 2013 Ford Taurus Limited. I'm so happy. My sales consultant was Nazir. Very easy to work with and made the buying experience incredibly simple. Answered all my questions and treated me like a friend as opposed to a walking dollar sign like I've experienced at every other dealership. I have bad credit and they, Nazir and the sales manager Kurt, didn't care one bit. I actually had a good time checking out cars and making the final decision which Nazir was very helpful with. Can you believe I just said that? I had a good time at a dealership? Yeah. I said it.

I'll definitely be going back there with future purchases and will be recommending them to friends and family. I have been given the run around at every dealership I've ever been to. Not here. I was almost in disbelief how east it was for me, a guy with a very troubled credit past, to get such a fantastic car. I can't say enough good things about my experience. Hardest part of the experience was choosing a car! I've never been told I could choose whatever car I wanted most! Go to these guys. You won't regret it. Thank you Nazir, Kurt and DriveTime.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Happy with purchase. Great customer service, and I was able to leave with a good car selection. Charles was helpful. The rest of the team was great as well. I will recommend others to DriveTime to get a vehicle.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

When I walked in DriveTime I was greeted immediately by a manager and made me feel like I was entering her home. Then she introduced me to the rep that would be handling the sale. The rep didn't even shake my hand. IDK if she was new or what but her customer service went downhill from there. So after only showing me 2 cars she started huffing and puffing when I asked her about a 3rd car. I didn't want to upset her more so I just left it alone and told her I didn't need to test drive it.

When it came down to it I needed time to think over if the car she showed me was right for me. I didn't buy the car that day. 3 days later I went on the app and saw a car I liked at a different location. I called Raya to ask if I went to the other location if they would need to re run my credit and what I should do. She told me that she would have to call me back in a few minutes so she can ask her manager. She called me back after 2 hours and acted like she didn't even want to talk to me and just rattled off numbers about the car I asked about but never answered my question. So I had enough and told her to stop cause she wouldn't let me speak at all and told her that what she was telling me wasn't even answering my question then she goes, "Oh what was your question".

I didn't want to deal with her so I just told her I will go to the other location myself and she didn't have to bother with me. She said, "Oh ok" and hung up immediately. Later I remembered how nice her manager was so I called her. Got the info I needed, went in the next day and bought the car. Raya was the same rude rep that I was stuck with even when the manager knew I didn't want to work with her but I let it go cause I was under a time restraint and I just wanted to get the car and go.

This was one of the worst experiences I have ever had. She was rude the whole time and kept leaving for some reason and every time came back with food in her mouth. They told me I would be done just under an hour. I was there a little over 2 hours. She told me she'd clean the car and only wiped down half the windshield. I dont understand how these companies can hire people like her. Worst experience of my life.

Hello Lana,

Thank you very much for taking the opportunity to leave your review. I am truly sorry to hear that your recent interaction with the staff at our dealership left a negative impression of our customer service standards.

It is our goal to ensure each one of our customers is treated with the utmost respect and professionalism, and I apologize if you left feeling otherwise. Please know that we intend to research your interaction at our dealership further in order to identify any potential coaching or training opportunities, and ensure a positive customer experience moving forward.

That being said, I want to thank you again for providing your feedback. If you are in need of further assistance, I welcome you to contact my Customer Relations team at (888) 290-0148.

Jacob – Customer Relations

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

We appreciate all of the Gainesville team. Great Customer Service Skills & answered all our questions. They assisted with us with choosing my dream vehicle (2010 Lexus RX 450H). I was very pleased with my down payment & monthly payments. Thanks for all your patience through the car buying process.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I want to thank Ms. ** for all of her help. She walked me through the whole process before we started. She made sure I understood what process before we began. She has a bubbly personalty and made me feel comfortable while I was there. Answered all my questions, even if I felt as though it was a stupid question. If something changed, she advised me of it before moving forward to see if I still wanted to proceed. This was my first time coming to Drive Time and she made my experience a great one. Keep up the great work. I appreciate everything. Great coffee as well!!!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Was a great experience and Terry was a great salesman and I would recommend to all my friends. The Glen Burnie Location was great, Thanks and I love my new car. Drives excellent and I’m super excited with my purchase.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I was very impressed with the service with salesman Jacob **. He didn't pressure me into anything I didn't want. Stick to the plan to pick the car through internet website. Honestly I don't know what I would have done without the smooth process from beginning over the phone to in person. It didn't take more than an hour.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I was not aware at the time I came in the first time that the payments shown to me were bi-monthly payments. That was not emphasized and should have been when making my decision to buy the outback. I feel that that was in a small way deceptive.

Hello Pete,

Thank you for providing your review and I do apologize that you are dissatisfied with your current loan terms or your experience with our dealership.

Please be advised that the contract terms are determined based on your pay frequency and the proof of income provided at the time of purchase. In addition, this payment frequency is listed on multiple documents within your contract including the Retail Installment Contract, and the Important Things to Know disclosure. Keep in mind that throughout the life of your loan, if your pay frequency from your employer ever changes you are able to contact Bridgecrest, your loan servicing company, to determine if they have any options for assistance and can be reached at (800) 967-8526.

Every vehicle sold from DriveTime comes with a 5-Day Vehicle Return Program which gives our customer the ability to return the vehicle to a DriveTime dealership and terminate the Simple Interest Retail Installment Contract, for any reason, within the first five calendar days after purchase. As long as the vehicle has not been driven over 300 miles within these five days, you will not be assessed any fees and will receive a full refund of your down payment.

Please know that we value all feedback and we will use this information to improve our customer experience at our dealerships. Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please contact our Customer Relations department at (800) 965-8043 and our representatives will be glad to assist.

Jodi-Customer Relations

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I had Aszia as my rep in Las Vegas. Not only did she get me the car of my dreams but she made the process effortless. She stayed in touch with me and my experience memorable. I am thankful that I had her looking out for me. She made sire that I got MY car. A lot of people who are selling you things make you feel as though they are just trying to take your money. She was not like that at all. Her demeanor in general showed that she truly cared and wanted your experience to be great. I'm glad you guys have her. Thank you Aszia again for helping me into my new 2017 Hyundai Accent. My children and I love it.. I've also recommended her to 5 other people at my job who need cars :)

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Sale person Chad explained that all cars were unlocked and the pricing sheets were on the dash. My husband I began to walk the lot. We were looking for Tahoe or 3rd row SUV. Found a 2015 Chevy Tahoe with 67k miles. Price sheet had $21, 990. Called Chad for a test drive. Millage a bit higher than we wanted but was willing to give it a test drive. Chad came out, took the price sheet, went to go get keys for test drive, came back to tell us the vehicle was not $21, 900 but a typo and should be $41, 990. Then showed me the tiny print on the bottom that price may be in error. We left. Exited. Bad business... At the very least apologize for error and offer something. Who makes a 20k error on the price of a vehicle. 20k? Nope, not buying this mistake. We found newer Tahoes with much less mileage for much less cost.

Hello Ivory,

Thank you for providing your review. I truly apologize if you feel we misled you in any way regarding the listed price of the 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe.

In regards to the listed prices on our vehicles, we place the pricing information clearly in all of our vehicle that are available for sale. The pricing can fluctuate based on the market value of the specified vehicle, and the specific location of the dealership.

Please keep in mind, we provide a Federal Truth in Lending Disclosure during the contracting process. This disclosure details the APR, the finance charge, the amount financed, the total amount expected to be paid throughout the life of the loan, and the total sales price.

In addition, we do offer a 5 day/300 mile Vehicle Return Program to all of our customer’s in case they are not happy with the contract presented to them at time of sale or have a change of heart regarding their desired vehicle.

Again, my apologies for any miscommunication that arose during your visit. Should you wish to discuss this further, please contact our Customer Relations department at (800) 965- 8043.

Jodi-Customer Relations

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I have bought care from other places and it has taken 4 to 5 hours. The time I spent at DriveTime was fractional to the other places. Great people and great vehicles. I would recommend to people and I will be a returning customer. Thank you Tania for the great experience.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

DT buying experience was easy and fast. Our DT Sales rep D. ** was very helpful and straight to the point. Being a previous DT customer I enjoyed this experience, and enjoying my new 2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited. I will definitely return for future purchases and recommend to my family and friends.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

My husband Johnny made a great decision when he decided to choose DriveTime to purchase our Dodge Journey SUV. The experience we had with everyone of the staff was beyond great. They treated us with the utmost respect and attention.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

We had Erica as our sale person and she was great. There was another salesperson named Johnny and he tries to say to us that Erica intervened and took over the sale from him and that's not true. Erica was my sales lady with my 2010 Nissan truck and I had been talking to Erica off and on and Johnny called my house and spoke to my wife and he is the one that intervened and tried to take the sale away from Erica and we wouldn't let him. We went on and let Erica have the sale. She is very friendly and knew what we wanted.

Hello Barry,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to leave your review. I want to sincerely apologize if any confusion amongst our sales staff resulted in an uncomfortable purchasing experience for both you and your wife.

If you have any additional feedback to provide, please feel free to contact our Customer Relations team at (888) 290-0148.

Jacob – Customer Relations

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

Toby made the buying process fast and simple! I came in knowing what I needed and he made sure I got it! I really appreciate his patience and guidance through the process as well as his vast knowledge! Every time I got a little stressed out he found a way to make it easier for me.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

Jonathan at the Red Bird location was great from start to finish. They were able to reserve the car we choose for more than two weeks and we kept it Word and purchased that Friday. We were there a total of 2.5 hours.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

DriveTime was awesome, especially my salesman Chris, he was super. Love the experience and the car. Would recommend to all my pals. Chris checked back with me to make sure all was good and it was. Super! They now have a loyal customer, would not consider going someplace else!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

The staff really know what they are doing. I was amazed. I love my car. It has ALL the bells & whistles. It is fully loaded. The staff member Quiten even showed me things with the car I did not know I could do.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

Hello. I purchased my vehicle at the Eastpointe location. Shannon was very helpful, honest and patient with me. She's also personable and approachable. I will definitely recommend her to my friends. In the event that I purchase another used vehicle, I will definitely return.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I purchased a vehicle from DriveTime in May of 2017 with the extended warranty in New Jersey. The car worked for a while but had to go to the shop due overheating. Car was diagnosed and was told needed a new battery, purchased the battery, the car ran fine for a while started overheating again, now the car is in the shop because of the overheating and leaking antifreeze which was the problem before and now the warranty company will not pay for the car to be repaired because they claim the engine was damaged. I would never ever recommend them to any who wants to purchase a car. They are very dishonest and fail to honor their warranties but want you to pay your payments on time.

Hello Carrmel,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I want to apologize that you have encountered this situation with your vehicle. Please know that while we do offer a Limited Warranty and optional Vehicle Service Contract to all of our customers, there are stipulations regarding owner maintenance. After further review, I see that you have worked with my Customer Relations team in the past. If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to us at (888)290-0148.

Kaitlyn - Customer Relations

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Keeping it short and To the point, every phone call that I've made to Drivetime rap had to stir. Samuel ** has been terrible. I've heard him under his breath cursing and given the most disrespectful customer service I've ever had.

Hello Trevor,

I am saddened to hear that your experience with us has been so negative. I want to assure you that we strive to provide only the utmost in customer service. I would like to look into your situation further, however with no details left in your review, I am unable to ascertain what concerns you may have. To best assist, please contact my team, Customer Relations, at (888)290-0148.

Kaitlyn– Customer Relations

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Phili was very helpful and his people skills are great. I'm impressed by the shape of my car and for it to be pre-own it's amazing. Also the coffee and popcorn is a plus. All around my experience at DriveTime was amazing.

DriveTime Company Information