Call toll free
4.19/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

DriveTime Automotive Group Inc., based out of Phoenix, Arizona is one of the nation's largest used car dealership networks focused on providing customers with a great used vehicle.

DriveTime Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

5945 DriveTime Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Great experience!! Quick and easy and they work with you and whatever problems you may have in life. Credit is not a problem when you shop with them. I purchased a 2015 Nissan Altima and I love it! Very low mileage and runs great.. Go see Broc on Winchester!

Get expert buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

Everyone at DriveTime was extremely helpful, courtesy, and knowledgeable about the entire car buying process. I'm hoping our experience with them stays the same until our car is paid off. The location in Tucson was clean and well kept. The staff even offered us bottle waters and popcorn for the kids.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

Had a great experience shopping for a car with Phil. He made everything simple and straightforward and answered all of me and my wife's questions. We ended up leaving the lot with a fairly new 2014 Jeep Patriot "Oscar Mike Edition". We were interested in a Jeep Liberty but of course, someone got to it 10 mins sooner. I believe we came out on top.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

This was the best car buying experience ever! I went to DriveTime to window shop for a car. I never imagined that I would be leaving with a vehicle that I wanted. The process was SO easy and no surprises. Nothing like the processes at other dealerships. The prices are reasonable and I also love the fact that my payments can be set up biweekly or monthly. If you want a no hassle car buying experience... DriveTime is the place to go to.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

This was by far the best car buying experience we’ve ever had! Their car buying process is better than any I’ve ever seen. Ross helped us narrow down our selection and Darius walked us through the completion of the sale. Thanks guys for a great experience!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DriveTime?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

Excellent experience. Stanford FL location was a great place to buy. Sales agents Neeley was on time. Very helpful. Will recommend others to buy at DriveTime. Also my next purchase will be here. Also they have very clean cars.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

Awesome staff and quick and easy... The staff walked me thru the entire process and explain all questions asked. The quality of my truck (2015 GMC Sierra) is awesome and the pictures do not do justice. I recommend to go check them out and see for your selves.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Pretty simple. I went in, did the credit application, knew my down payment on each car, did a couple test drives, and drove off. The salesman was pretty good, as well. Overall, I had a good experience. I went with a 2013 Nissan Altima SV, one-owner, with 70k miles; pristine condition.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

From start to finish the experience with DriveTime was great. It was hassle-free and they were very upfront about the fees. The salesmen were very courteous. They didn’t try to force me into a vehicle. It was a great experience.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Purchasing 2015 Mercedes Benz C250 2dr coupe - Didn't know much about DriveTime. My husband found a car that he was interested in and followed it online for weeks. Finally we took a drive to Drive Time. Claudette greeted us and introduced us to the car. As baby boomers this is not our first car purchase and probably not our last. Claudette knew this and let my husband examine the car, without bugging him, because she instinctively knew hubby had done his homework. We found Claudette personable and available to answer questions. Refreshing at a car dealership (don't we all dread it?) Claudette knew love at first sight however; and we sealed the deal without headaches or a picnic lunch. Wow, what a fast and painless car buying this turned out to be. Thank you Claudette, Drive Time and even the follow up call by Bridgecrest. Much appreciated everyone.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I purchased a vehicle last March from DriveTime and thought I had found a real solution to my situation. I am a disabled, single mom who last year went to DriveTime for help. When I purchased my vehicle I was told by Elena **, my sales associate, that in the event that I had a total loss again, (because that’s how I came to buy a car last year), that I would be put into another vehicle with no money down. Fast forward to now. I have had a total loss and DriveTime now refuses to honor their agreement with me. If you repurchased under this program please post here under the title REPURCHASED DOWN DUE TO TOTAL LOSS. I went through DriveTime to alleviate being without a car and desperate to get to and from doctors appointments and taking my daughter across town for school. Please help me hold DriveTime accountable. Thanks.

Hello Genay,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are going through a difficult situation following your recent vehicle loss.

That being said, it is important to keep in mind that no such insurance loss program is built into our customer contracts. While this was a program that we once offered to accommodate our customers in situations such as these, it is no longer a service that we are able to provide, and I am sincerely sorry that we were not able to provide you with that option.

I want to apologize for any miscommunication that may have occurred at the time of sale. After further review, I see that you have recently spoken with our Customer Relations team regarding this issue. Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions on this matter.

Respectfully,

Jacob – Customer Relations

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I bought a car with really bad tires. Weather damage. I'm not a car expert so I didn't know. They told me it was inspected. What a lie. I would never buy a car from here. They charge high interest rates. Poor.

Hello Alex,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I want to apologize for the frustration you have encountered in regards to tires. Please know that although we do inspect all of our vehicles prior to placing them on our lots, they are pre-owned. It is for this reason that we offer a 30 day/1,500 mile Limited Warranty and also an optional Vehicle Service Contract. I would like to make sure that these concerns are addressed. At your earliest convenience, please contact my Customer Relations team at (888)290-0148.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Everyone was very nice. Process was super easy. In and out before I knew it. Didn't get the car I wanted, but one I could afford. It was a van✅. Has manual side doors✅. Working ac✅. Room for 7✅. Bluetooth✅. I'm very happy with my purchase. I usually have a lot of anxiety making large purchases. I left with such a good positive feeling. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Miranda the manager was extremely helpful and nice over the phone and in person. She asked a few questions before we arrived, and helped answer some questions we had while discussing the vehicle we selected. Matt was the agent to assist us in store, and he was nice, but could have been more personable. My fiance and I felt like we were making all the attempts at rapport during the visit, and he didn't ask us any questions while we were looking at a few cars, or point out any features that might sway us toward one or the other. I'm appreciative that he wasn't rude or pushy, but if we hadn't already had an idea of what we wanted, he may not have seemed as helpful.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I have an 872 credit rating and came in to Cosign for a loan for my daughter-in-law. To prove income I brought bank statements and check stubs. Because I removed account numbers all other transactions except SSA & 401K deposits they would not accept and made me drive 1 hour (round trip) to get new copies. The reason I have my rating is I DON'T DO THAT & if I did not love my children I wouldn't. We will not do business again.

Hello Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience. I want to apologize for the frustration regarding documentation. Please know that we do not want to cause such frustration with needed documentation, however there are specific items that our dealerships look for when reviewing for approvals. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding our approval process, please feel free to reach out to my Customer Relations team at (888)290-0148 or our financial partner Bridgecrest at (800)967-8526.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Kristen at the Shadeland Ave location was beyond amazing! She went above and beyond her job title and description to make sure I had something in my price range and worked with me to get a down payment as well. Thank you so much!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

A great experience. Very professional and patient. Extremely happy with my new car and the environment was awesome. Would refer anyone to go and get what they need for a quick and efficient sales experience. Very helpful employees throughout every step.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I am very pleased with the service delivered. They definitely made the car buying experience enjoyable and stress-free. The sales managers and general manager were helping the sales reps to get the job done. It was definitely a pleasure doing business with such an amazing group of people. I will be sending more business your way!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

JOHN **!!! Excellent!!! So very helpful and knowledgeable of all things DriveTime related. Because I had a million questions. Thank you for making this car buying experience so pleasant and enjoyable. I'm definitely referring people to come in and ask for him... by name.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I would recommend the Blanding location to anyone I meet that says they are in need of a car. I started looking over four ago before buying and spoke to Chris over the phone. He was patient and detailed in answering all my questions and concerns. Chris and Tony were awesome. My experience will cause me to return again in the future if I decide to purchase another car.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

My car was totaled after a manufacturer recall because of faulty transmission switch. I begged the dealership to get me out of the car and result I lost thousands of dollars. They got paid all their money and then some for my insurance and my gap. I got nothing but another ** car with high interest rates that they didn’t run my new credit score for.

Hello Ryan,

I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and apologize greatly that you have encountered this.

While we understand that recall issues can be frustrating, please keep in mind that each customer is provided with a SaferCar.Gov acknowledgement form at the time of signing. By signing this document, the customer is made aware of any recalls or service bulletins associated with the vehicle that they are purchasing. Additionally, we always encourage our customers to reach out to their vehicle manufacturer to discuss any possible recalls or service bulletins.

In regards to credit scores and credit being run, please know that we try to avoid unnecessary credit pulls by allowing each customers’ credit inquiry to remain active up to 45 days from the time that it was originally pulled. That being said, I want to apologize if you feel that this had led to you having restricted approval options after the loss of your previous vehicle.

Again, I apologize for the frustration that this has caused you. If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to my Customer Relations team at (888)290-0148.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I filled out application online then received a call from James wanting to know when I could come in. I went in that evening. Him and a lady went thru the vehicles I could afford. I picked one out, placed a hold on it. And it is now sitting at my residence.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

My experience with DriveTime was pretty neat. As soon as I got there, Chelsey ** was so courteous and professional and immediately provided her service on trying to get me the car I wanted and needed. Her way of communication exceeded my expectations of a typical salesman that I felt comfortable and at ease. I will definitely be recommending this location to my friends and family.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

We purchased a Ford Escape from DriveTime. We had it for 3 months and transmission went out. We had purchased a warranty but was left without a car for 2 weeks. After we got car back engine light was on and the car had no power. We talked to DriveTime but they were not willing to help us resolve this. We are paying for a car that is dangerous to drive. Wish we would have never dealt with DriveTime. Hope you don't have to go through the same thing with them. We are telling everyone we know not to buy anything from them.

Hello Hector,

I appreciate you letting me know about this. I cannot apologize enough for the frustration that this has brought you. Please know that all of our vehicles are inspected prior to being placed on our lots, however they are pre-owned. It is for this reason that we provide a 30 day/1,500 mile Limited Warranty with optional Vehicle Service Contract for all of our vehicles. Please know that under the Vehicle Service Contract, there is towing assistance along with rental reimbursement for times when the vehicle needs to have a covered repair addressed.

Again, I apologize that you have encountered this and would like to make sure that you concerns are addressed. If you have any further concerns or any questions, please contact my Customer Relations team at (888)290-0148.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I had a great experience. They were very helpful throughout the whole process. They even brought a vehicle that I was interested in checking out from another location. That was the one I ended up getting. Very happy with my purchase!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Awesome experience! Great service! Ivan and Kurt really helped me out in a bind on getting my dream car, and I even drove 2 and a half hours to get here, so yeah, they are very much worth the drive and I very much appreciated the awesome deal and customer service they gave me... thank you!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

This was the best car buying experience ever!!! Everyone was so helpful and they really made the process less stressful!!! My salesman and the manager were awesome!!! My process from start to finish was smooth. I came in prepared, they told me what I I could qualify for and we looked at cars, I test drove the car I wanted and that was that. We finalized the complete deal yesterday and it was just that simple. The total process took me a total of 3 hrs. Very satisfied.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

My experience started about 2 weeks ago, first I was pre-approved for no downpayment online so I set up an appointment to look car. When I arrived I was greeted and assigned a sales rep, who was very polite and professional. I then chose a car that I liked but was unable to test drive because they could not unlock it. After spending about 2 hours waiting I had to leave. The next day I was called by Samuel to see what my experience was like. I explained what happened and assured me when the locksmith unlocked then I would be called! No one ever called, I called numerous times and got nowhere.

I returned to DriveTime because I saw another car in my price range but it had been sold the day be. Again I set down with Jessica to look at options, now I would need at least a downpayment of $750 and payments would $300-$390 a month. I feel like they really didn’t want to sell me a car. Also the original car I was interested in was fixed and sold. No one called me even though Samuel promised to have someone call when it was repaired. Jessica did call me to let me know they were still waiting on a locksmith.

Hello Shirley,

I appreciate you taking the time to share about this. Please know that we strive to provide an expedient process for all of our customers. I want to apologize that not only was there miscommunication or lack thereof regarding the vehicle that you were previously looking into. In addition, I am saddened to hear that we were not able to offer terms that met your expectations.

If you have any questions or would like to share further concerns, please feel free to contact my Customer Relations team at (888)290-0148.

Kaitlyn - Customer Relations

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

DriveTime processed my purchase in less than two hours, even accounting for issues with my bank. The facility was clean and options available. The vehicle they presented to me was in excellent shape and fit what I was looking for better than I could have imagined.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Being a young 19 year old making my first vehicle purchase, I was a little nervous. I walked in to Drive Time Augusta with my parents and after Mr. ** greeted us and we met Rashad **, I immediately felt more relaxed. Not only did Rashad make my first purchase easy and quick, their customer service was top notch. It was obvious Rashad knew his job extremely well and was used to dealing with young adults. My parents also could not stop talking about what a great car buying experience that was and they have purchased many vehicles throughout their lives. They said it was the best experience at a car dealership they ever had. Thank you to everyone at Drive Time Augusta for getting me into a vehicle I thought I would never be able to do on my own.

DriveTime Company Information