Consumer Reviews and Complaints

It's one thing to advertise that everyone is approved, it's another thing to mean it. Alex and Collin were very friendly, listened to our needs, and helped us find the perfect van. After filling out the paperwork, I was waiting for them to come back and say "sorry", or "we need more money", or "you need a co-signer"... Instead they came back with "You Are Approved!" Friendly staff + Great vehicles + Fair price = Incredible Experience. I will be sending people your way!

I went in to purchase a vehicle and worked with Matthew **. He was great at explaining the process and made it very pleasant to buy from there. Awesome people and awesome service. Very professional and knowledgeable staff. They do whatever needs to be done to get you in a car.

I will never forget DriveTime and the wonderful experience we have had there. I purchased a vehicle on 11/30/2016 and 41 days later the timing belt broke -- they worked with me diligently to get the issue fixed. I was placed into a different vehicle and the process was so easy and Jonathan ** (who assisted us both times) was absolutely WONDERFUL! Silverrock was also wonderful to work with. I couldn't have asked for better service. Will recommend and will probably get another vehicle down the road from the same location. THANK YOU!!!

The lady Erica ** was very polite and she answered all of our questions. Even when we kept asking she wasn't mean at all. I give her 5 stars. She was very helpful and when we kept changing our on what car to purchase she didn't get mad. Thanks Ms. Erica.

I'm extremely happy with my purchase!!! And the service was outstanding. I'm recommending everyone and encourage all to buy their 1st or 2nd car here. You will not regret it. Thanks DriveTime. The people here are very professional and made my process easy. I couldn't believe the choices I had to choose from. Every car was clean and the price was in my budget.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DriveTime?

I purchased a vehicle from DriveTime on Friday. John was an excellent listener, he knew exactly what I wanted and made sure I got into that particular vehicle. Everyone was friendly and courteous. I got out of the dealership with my car in a little over 3 hours mind you that I also did test drives too. Way to go DriveTime dealership!!! They also call and do follow-ups days after to make sure you're loving your vehicle...

I am very pleased with my purchase. I love the car I just bought and the salespeople were very friendly and helpful. I purchased a 2006 Chrysler 300 and it runs like new. Thank you DriveTime of Downey, the best place to go car shopping.

This is my second time purchasing a car from DriveTime. The staff was friendly, they made the process so easy. They have a nice selection of vehicles and their facility is awesome. I would recommend them to anyone who is in need of a car. I would definitely purchase a car from DriveTime again.

Overall my experience was great over the phone and in person. Isaac ** was awesome. He was friendly and very helpful. DriveTime is the real deal. The staff is nice and very helpful. They all had smiles on their face. They help get me into the right car for a nice price. The sales manager was excellent. I would recommend this place for anyone who is in need of a car and looking for a low down payment and car payment. Great job the advertisements or no gimmicks. When you apply online it tells you if you're approve and how much your down payment is and it's the same in person.

On the whole, an excellent experience, even though the first vehicle had to be returned because of a broken irreplaceable part. Pet peeve: neither vehicle had mats and neither vehicle had been professionally cleaned. Also, as a part of the vehicle test prior to signing, we did not turn on the radio. If we had, I would have heard the blown passenger speaker, which makes listening to either the connected phone, the radio or media music impossible. I will see if silver rock will cover it, but I am doubtful.

The entire group at DriveTime in Corpus Christi, TX is amazing! They helped me through a tough time and stayed on top of things every step of the way! They made a frustrating time easier for me to get through. I owe them all a huge THANK YOU!! I will definitely be talking them up and sending as many prospective customers as possible their way!!

The experience I had at DriveTime was so easy and relaxed with no pressure as you would get at typical car dealers. Everyone was welcoming and friendly and patient with any questions asked and they have a popcorn machine and pop corn is my favorite snack.

Truly enjoyed the experience of purchasing a car from DriveTime. My Sales Person, Tanya, and Financial Manager, Patrick, were both a joy to work with. They truly listened to me and helped steer me toward the perfect vehicle for my family.

This was the best car buying experience I have ever had or even heard of. Usually when you have low or no credit you are treated very poorly, but we were treated amazing! We dealt with Uche, the finance manager, and a lady whose name I WISH I could remember because she was AMAZING (please look her name up and giver her credit). All 3 were great and we appreciated everything that they did. They were extremely thorough and very open and helpful. Thank ALL of them for their EXCELLENT service! if I could tip them I would have!!!

Everyone was friendly and great with any questions and concerns I had. I had a small issue with my car the day I bought it. However the warranty that came with it covered it and now everything is fixed and runs great! The young man who sold me my vehicle was very knowledgeable in vehicles and answered all my questions, also made sure I got what I wanted for the price I had in mind.

Jessica and the rest of the crew at DriveTime in Gladstone Kansas City mo 64118 they were awesome and went above and beyond for me and I can't express enough on how much I'm thankful for them helping me out when no one else would. Thank you.

Malik ** was the most pleasant salesperson. We have been looking for the right car after facing a terrible car accident which totaled our car. We faced many unprofessional salespeople at other dealerships where we spent hours and never went home with a car. Malik was kind and patient and walked us through the process swiftly and without any issues. We walked away with the car we wanted and have referred Malik and DriveTime to other friends who are in the market for a car. Thanks Malik and DriveTime for a pleasant experience.

Phil from DriveTime was very professional and treated me very well. The whole group was awesome. Made this experience as easy as possible. I will recommend them to my friends. The vehicle was clean and in great shape. A big thank you to Shawn and Phil for the great experience.

I had a great experience. My salesman, Chris **, was excellent with everything from getting my paperwork done to putting me a car, I was happy with, and he didn't try to push a car on me that I did not want. GREAT job well done.

My salesman went above and beyond to get my in my new car. He did a wonderful job. I will recommend anyone I know looking for a new car to visit my salesman. They stayed later just to help me.

Jennifer ** was my sales and finance person. She was amazing at communicating the deal that was best for me and options I had not considered. The process she provided was smooth, informative and professional. I got the SUV I was looking for on a great deal. Highly recommend anyone to give her a call.

I had an awesome saleslady by the name of Bkai. She was so so nice. I was nervous with it being my 1st car thinking if things was going to go wrong. Bkai and her manager really helped me and I walked out with a 2006 Dodge Charger. I loveeeee my car. Thanks DriveTime. Thank you Bkai and manager. Thank you.

My salesperson, Cedric, was very informative, patient, and down to earth. He made my car buying experience fun and non-stressful. I REALLY appreciated that. Normally a car buying can drag on for hours and can be stressful and boring, but it wasn't like that at all at DriveTime. I started to get a little discouraged, thinking I wouldn't find anything I liked. Then Cedric suggested the Dodge Dart. I sat in it and loved it immediately. So again, a big thank you to Cedric... and DriveTime!!

Meredith was extremely friendly and helpful. She explained everything thoroughly. Went out of her way to make us happy along with the rest of the staff. They all went out of their way to make experience a pleasurable no pressure buying of a car.

Resolution In Progress

Mr. Jenkins,

Thank you for taking the time out to provide us with this information. I can’t apologize enough for the frustration the transmission issues with your Jeep may have caused. We certainly do not want you to feel that your or other customers have made a mistake by purchasing from DriveTime. While we pride ourselves on our ability to provide reliable and affordable transportation, we are unable to foresee when these types of situations may arise. It is for these types of specific situations that my department is in place. I do see that you have been working with Customer Relations, and rest assured that we will do what we can to bring your issues to a resolution. In regards to our online reputation, I would like to advise that we are unable to modify a customer’s financial loan based on specific reviews. We are very transparent with our online presence and address both positive and negative reviews equally. Once again, I would like to apologize for any of the factors that may have caused you to be dissatisfied with DriveTime and I appreciate the opportunity to rectify the situation. Should you like to discuss your situation further, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me at 888-290-0148.

Respectfully,

Danielle- Customer Relations

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I never write reviews but I don't want anyone to make the mistake I did and buy a car from DriveTime! I have spent countless hours on the phone with DriveTime and Avirex their warranty company. They sold me a Jeep Compass that I have put thousands into since I bought it. They have put 3 transmissions in it and still the light is on and I can't drive it on the highway. Now they want me to take it to another mechanic to get their opinion. Meanwhile I'm stuck and every time I try to call to talk to them I get someone new who has no idea and just sounds like a customer service robot. Don't buy from them. The only reason they have good reviews is because they take money off what you owe on your contract if you write a good review. I have already spoken with an attorney and they have a contract you sign when you buy the car that is like 20 pages long and pretty much says you can't sue them for anything. Don't make my mistake!!!

WOW!! I have never been treated with such respect, patience and just old fashioned excellent customer service before anywhere else like my experience at DriveTime. Miguel ** and Andrew ** made an extraordinary team getting the job done and assisting in the expedient enjoyment of me getting just what I wanted. Great job guys!

I bought a 2007 Honda CR-V from DriveTime on Dixie Hwy. in Louisville Kentucky. Nick and Tarek were great and very helpful in getting me into the car I wanted. Everyone at the dealership was very professional including my first contact from Devon. I will tell others about Nick and if they are looking at buying a car to go see Nick and the Drivetime team in Dixie Hwy. Thank you.

Faith ** was a wonderful representative for DriveTime on the corner of Alma School and Broadway in mesa, AZ. With this being the first time buying a car from a dealer, it was pretty straight forward. I also enjoy the marketing tool the company uses to obtain consumers in that they don't put the down payment price on the info sheet on the windshields.

My wife and I unexpectedly came into the car market. Our car was totaled and we needed something affordable, reliable, and QUICK! Having two cars is extremely important for us and time was running out before the start of the new week. Vaguely, I remembered an AD I saw on TV for DriveTime so I visited their website where I was able to easily and quickly find out if I was approved. It was nice I could do that BEFORE going all the way out there. We arrived about 6 to the Olathe location where we were greeted very warmly by Sales Manager Trinidad. He was so friendly and professional. He took us to Katie **, our sales rep who then helped us into something that fit us and our budget perfectly.

Katie and Trinidad both were super helpful and patient with us while we got all required documents and while we discussed our options and the best route for us to take. We never felt pressured and that was the best part! We will definitely recommend DriveTime to our friends and family and buy from them again next time we're in the market for a car!

Van was excellent. Thanks everyone at DriveTime for helping. I'm glad I came here. It only took 2 hours for the whole process. I'm forever grateful for all your hard work in helping me get a new car. Not to mention it was low miles and a great car note.

DriveTime Company Profile