Save on Car Repairs

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

769 Carmax Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 24, 2019

Ok, it's this simple, they will take your 10,000 dollar car, give you 5k for it, lump the other 5k you owe onto their car they're selling you. Their 15k car is really worth 10, so you're overpaying by 5k plus. Now add back in the 5k you owed on your car. Now you're at 20 grand for a 10k car. It's that simple, wholesale for your car and 110 percent retail pricing on ALL of their cars. Ready for the kicker, they'll give you better financing than anyone because it's in house financing AND they'll charge you a daily interest rate, making about half your monthly payment interest only. Confused yet? Disgusted yet? You should be...I will never buy from them again and will steer others away from them any chance I get.

Original review: March 22, 2019

My daughter bought a car from CarMax Las Vegas, NV. Called and told them the problem. Was told they would run diagnostic and repair for free. She makes an appointment and when she arrives they state they won’t diagnose or repair the car for free. Pretty sad they say one thing and do another. How do they expect return customers. I know I will never do business with them.

Get expert buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Want to claim this page for your business? Learn More
Original review: March 22, 2019

Carmax's employees take forever and a day to get back to you. Since you have to request a transfer instead of just being able to pay for said transfer it usually means that the car you were looking at gets sold out from under you. For a company that centers around cutting out having to deal with a sales person, you have to deal an awful lot with lazy employees who try to sell you cars you're not interested in because the ones you want get bought out from under you. In short, pick your poison.

Original review: March 8, 2019

From the beginning this was looking like a 5 star review. Everything from the greeting to the streamline approach to selling a car. We bought a 2017 Ford Fusion on March 7, 2019 and when we went out to the bay we found a nice big yellow ribbon on the car. Then we walk up to the car and it's filthy. I asked the salesman what's going on with this and he said they run it through the car wash and that's it. Water spots, smearing, couldn't see out the windows. They were so bad. This really surprised me since they really seem like they have the car sales process so streamlined. All they need is some chemicals and a detailer and this could have been a five star. Very upsetting. My recommendation, don't sign until you look at the car after it has been "cleaned".

Original review: March 7, 2019

If you need Carmax to send you a payoff quote, or send information to your insurance company, good luck! For tasks other than taking your money, they seem to 'lose' your request in their system. Very poor customer service. They have no ability to speed up a request once it is a second request. They do not seem to understand that owners have the right to hold insurance with whomever they please- and it does not have to be integrated in their 'Carmax' system.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarMax?

Original review: March 4, 2019

Beware of CarMax's finance policy, time it carefully if you are going to refinance. The cars are priced 5% above the 110% of the allowable finance rate and to refinance you will have to put down approximately $1300 on a $22K vehicle. In addition, they lower your score by approximately 10% if they are financing which can push your rate up. Consumer beware.

Original review: March 4, 2019

My wife needed a reliable car to drive our young kids in, so she went with her father-in-law to the Kenosha, WI CarMax and ended up purchasing a 2012 Town & Country - 32,000 miles. Three months later, the van has all the dash lights on and intermittently stalls within 15 mins of starting the vehicle. Call CarMax and get the sob story that "if you purchased extended warranty..." Given that they sold my wife on all the care they take in their extended, quality inspection, why would someone expect to have issues with a "thoroughly inspected car" with 32,000 miles on it?

CarMax service personnel also said they couldn't promise us a courtesy car while they reviewed the issue. Took the car to a trusted local mechanic who confirmed this van needed a new alternator and battery (a $900 repair). Alternators should be expected to last for roughly 100,000 miles, and what kind of "thorough inspection" doesn't identify an alternator or battery issue? I suspect we have have been the victim of a bait and switch, with factory parts being removed and replaced with older, used parts. I won't' trust CarMax again. Now I'm worried of what other issues will be popping up next. Frustrated and unsatisfied with CarMax.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Have been dealing with Carmax for many years. However recently have been VERY disappointed. They seem that over the years they are REALLY trying to squeeze every penny out of potential customers. They cannot use the same process to appraise ALL vehicles which they currently do. I brought a high end car (MSRP over $100000). I understand very well the entire process and expect wholesale figures. HOWEVER, when their price comes in more than $7000 under what a dealer will give me tells me something is wrong with Carmax system. They definitely need to get back to the drawing board. Horrible experience from the home office. Will think twice about ever doing business with Carmax again.

Original review: March 1, 2019

We bought a Kia Sportage 2012 from Carmax. Less than a year the engine broke down. After 9 months exactly the engine broke down. They didn't help at all and the car cost us 6000 $. They are not helpful. They sell bad cars. Don't buy cars from them. And we called all the managers. No one helped us or did a small thing or even care. They sell bad cars and that's it.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Purchased a 2013 Chevy Equinox. A week later engine light was on. Called and was told they could service in 3 weeks. Light went out. Car went 4 months, engine light came back on. Helped a friend out with flower shop on Valentines week. She gave me sign to put on car for delivery parking. That Sunday car wouldn't start. Triple A towed me to shop. Monday they said engine was bad. Had towed to dealer as instructed. Didn't hear a thing for a week. After constant calling, they came second week and inspected. They refused to honor their warranty I had PAID for. leaving me with useless car. Everyone there at CarMax said sorry. Said because I had the sign they considered it a commercial vehicle. Had to pay $3,000.00 for engine out of pocket. Car had BAD engine when I purchased it, they didn't care. Never again. HAD BEEN WARNED ABOUT CARMAX. NEVER EVER AGAIN. HIGHLY UNRECOMMENDED!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Although my 2008 BMW 335i has been in the shop more times than I can count. I am happy I chose the MaxCare plan. On second thought I wish I would of chose the longest extended warranty. I just paid 450$ for a oil leak that was "fixed" before? How does that work? And the only reason is because they replaced my front shocks.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I went to Carmax on Frontage Road in Kansas. When I was in the car my check engine light was on. I asked the salesman about it. He talked to the service department. This car only had 16,000 miles. Well 7 days later you guessed it. Came back on again. Well I called the salesman. He said he would call me back. No return phone. I bought another car from them previously. I had a positive experience with that car. Even though it broke a month after my last payment.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I have been a huge fan of CarMax for 10 years. I have bought my cars there and directed my family and coworkers to purchase from there as well. Within the last two weeks I visited CarMax looking for a new car. My local lot had several vehicles on site that would work but had all been reserved or spoken for. The salesman suggested I look online and find something at another lot and pay to have it transferred. I went online, found a possibility, then called my local store to set up the transfer which would cost me $150.00. But before I completed the transfer transaction, I ask them to call the transferring lot and ask if the car was very clean on the inside and the outside was free of major blemishes. My local lot called me back and said the car was impeccable and accepted my money for the transfer.

In about 4 or 5 days, the salesman called me and said the car had arrived but his manager said it would be a few days before it would be ready for me to see? What I arrived to was a car that needed two full days to make the outside presentable and an inside barely cleaned. My local lot confirmed this was not a car to purchase, But my transfer fee was non refundable!

I went to my local Land Rover dealership and bought a new one. This 150.00 has lost CarMax my business today and the future. The transfer policy is Buyer Beware and customers should understand that even if the car you're transferring has been verbally misrepresented, you're not entitled to a refund. To be honest, I wasn’t even looking for a refund, but offering to bring in another car “free of charge” would have kept me as a customer. I’ve gone to Carmax through the years because I thought it was easy...but the real dealership was actually less hassle and much less crowded! And yes they found my financing and gave me the same amount Carmax offered for the vehicle I traded in. So do your research before pulling the trigger on a transfer to a lot near you!

Resolution response: Feb. 28, 2019

The Carmax in Escondido, Calif resolved all issues with my car. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Updated on 02/26/2019: I bought a FORD FOCUS 2016 from CarMax in Escondido, Calif. The check engine light was on and I was told it had just been services and it would turn off. Two and half weeks later I had called the salesman who sold me the car and told him it was still on. I asked him to make an appointment for me and he said he couldn't. I called the Service Dept to make an appointment and they couldn't for a week. Since I work in Downtown San Diego it hard to take off work. I called again to make an appointment to go with my work schedule and again it was a week in the future. By then it was over the 30 day warranty and I made a complaint.

I sent an email to the salesman again and he just wrote me off telling me to contact the service dept and they would help me. With no appointments available I called Consumer Affairs regarding this. I was then given a call back two days later that Carmax would take care of this. I then got a call from a manager in Escondido, finally, and an appointment was made today. Now they are asking for a $300 fee to fix the check engine light part. I will not pay this amount, or any amount. This situation should of been taken care of the night I purchased it. I feel I was cheated and lied too. They took my down payment and told me a huge lie. Me being a woman, I was fully taken advantaged of. I see this happened to another lady on these reviews with the same thing. I want this resolved.

Original review: I purchased a Ford Focus 2016 with 45000 miles on it. I was told that the car was never in any accident. Also there was a check engine light on and I was told the car was thoroughly checked out and it would go off. Since I purchased this car the inside of the car is always humid inside, when I care to drive it in the morning--when car has sit overnight. The check engine light is still on and when I call the salesman that sold me the car--he ignores me. They are not open on Saturdays and I can’t get someone to even check it out on my day offs, which is Saturday and Sunday. And they have guys working on these days.

My calls and emails are ignored and finally I have spoke to a woman in Service Dept and was given permission to leave a message on the service managers voicemail. I was also told that I needed to pay for all this mess on my dime. So promises were not met and I feel that when I signed on the dotted line the salesman continues to ignore me and the service dept has been so busy that the timeline is now over 30 days. I want these issues fixed for free and no cost from me. They sold a car with lies and problems.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

It was the day after the snow storm in Chicago, 2/12/19. As my car is warming up the doors lock while I'm cleaning off the ice on my car. My phone and keys are inside and I live alone, no one to let me into my apartment. Had to ask several neighbors before one let me use their phone. I don't have a phone number for MaxCare, so I do a Google search and get their main number for corporate/customer relations (800-519-1511). It is 650 am and their customer relations line is close. I end up going to through the finance department in the hopes that I could just be transferred to roadside so they can unlock my car.

The first rep that answered in the auto finance department could not locate my policy. I proceed to provide VIN number, make, model, purchase date, and location of purchase... She couldn't help me. She then offers to transfer me to roadside assistance. They also tell me I have no coverage. Now my neighbor has to leave and I am basically told I don't have coverage. Too bad. They wanted me to pay out of pocket, which I don't get paid til Friday, I even offered to call her back when I get in the car and am able to locate the contract number, she said NO.

At this point I am left alone outside, it's already been 2.5 hours I've been stuck outside, my legs were cold, feet numb. I ended up having to crawl on the ice, mud and snow through a small window into my apartment, which lead to me hurting myself. I was able to get inside after breaking the window to my apartment, I immediately called my boss and called back to MaxCare. I then get to a rep Lynette who is able to confirm my coverage within 2 minutes.

At this point I am upset, as I could have died outside, had to break my window to keep from possibly freezing to death. I had no numbers, no phone, no other way to get in touch with anyone, I explained this to the rep who was sympathetic. They assured me they provided feedback to the reps that handled this so poorly. Then I ask, what about me? I'm over 3 hours late to work, can't stop shaking from the cold and the pain, had to break my window all because your reps couldn't help me with something I paid over $1200 for at the time of sale. This was the whole reason I purchased it, in case of an emergency and they didn't abide by their own contract and left me stranded.

Don't waste the money if you need roadside assistance. They will leave you to die. Get a real policy with a real company that is reliable because Carmax Maxcare is not it. I am still awaiting a response on compensation as initially I was told no. I will update this when I get more information. Anyone with a class action lawsuit, please contact me. I'm ready to sue for my pain and suffering. I can't even explain how many times I cried on that day, the pain in my body, and now the massage therapy I'm in to try and help this pain, while CarMax breaks their contract and feels they are above their customers.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I purchased a certified used car from CarMax. At the moment the car is flooded from the rear, back seats, floor and trunk. I found out through my car ins. The car was in an accident from the rear previous to me purchasing it. Now I am stuck with a very wet car. Of course Carmax can do nothing about the situation. :(

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Purchased a 2014 Lexus RX350 in late 2016. Began to have issues a few months later with door interlocks (had 2 replaced). When a third began to act intermittent we took the car back again and in a post repair test drive the Carmax mechanic said he heard some noise under front end while driving. Turns out they found all kinds of issues with front drivetrain. Torn boots was what puzzled me and then he went on to say it was worn so bad they was metal to metal contact. This was at 46K miles. Mechanic joked with my wife and told her it was due to rough roads. We were the second owner so I cannot speak for the first but during our ownership the car has never even been on a dirt road.

Something this severe was not caught during a Carmax inspection does make me wonder what else they missed. Thankfully I bought the extended warranty as this was a $2500 repair to a practically new Lexus. We returned to Carmax a couple months ago to discuss the issue and they provided no help in resolving the complaint only wanted to make more money from us by trying to buy our car back for a $13K loss to us. Also note Carmax does not use CarFax reporting. They use some other service that is less reliable. On our purchase their report show (1) minor parking lot encounter while the CarFax report shows (2) accidents. I will never use Carmax again and I advise anyone else to beware of this dealer!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Carmax is a terrible place to purchase a vehicle. I made the mistake of purchasing a G37x 2013 from Carmax. I paid for my car a year before my loan was up. Then I was told my title was sent in the mail (which I never received). When I told Carmax Finance they didn't want to help in the slightest. They told me I would have to pay an extra 200.00 for my lost title (that they lost). They also told me it's between the Post office and Myself and not their problem that it's lost. Never (Never) Buy a car from Elliot or anyone else at Carmax Naperville.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Carmax sold me two ** vehicles with electrical problems. One of the vehicle engines seized up - I will never ever buy another vehicle from Carmax. Please do not buy vehicles from Carmax - the vehicles they sell have or had major problems.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I will NEVER do business with CarMax again and I suggest you think twice before you do. The return period policy is much too short. In my case I co-signed for a loan with CarMax to help my son get a car. The return period policy did not allow enough time for his insurance company to get back with him with the new premium amount. Once it did and we discovered that it would be prohibitively expensive, we were forced to return the car. He had the car for 30 days (we had first brought it back after a much shorter time) and we are being charged over $2,000 for his having had the car for one month.

I feel like I have been robbed, no really violated in a most inappropriate way. So my caveat is that one go into such a transaction with eyes wide open because you are going to get royally SCREWED like I did if you have to return the car after 5 days. I used to have some confidence in this company, but no more. I am on my way to the dealership now to receive the proverbial rubber glove treatment. I will be advising all of my friends and family from now on to avoid CarMax.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I paid to have a Mercedes GLA 45 AMG shipped from Alexandria. It got here and I drove it. I planned to buy it. It was not washed well when it was on the lot and had some areas on the paint that I was concerned about. I told the salesman to wash it and I would look at it before buying. It was halfway washed at best. It still had areas I was concerned about. Long story short, it was washed 3 times and never was clean. I could tell someone had done a horrible job trying to touch up rock chips on the hood. I could have done a better job. I asked to see the manager and he told me it was a used car, but I was getting a great deal on a 120,000 dollar AMG car. The guy has no clue, these cars were in the 60 to 70,000 range when new. So, I walked out.

Additionally, it had a nonstandard blanket covering the turbo. Your guys from the service department told me that there might have been a problem with heat from the turbo blistering the paint. Really??? Do you really think Mercedes would build a car that would have that problem? This is my first experience at Carmax and it was not a good one. Carmax is no better than the shady car dealer in a bad neighborhood. I am very disappointed in their lack of ethics and low standards.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I have been dealing with Carmax for a while 2 years to be exact. I feel they really drag this out in hopes that I couldn't do anything to get rid of this car. I trusted them because they know better than I, I am no mechanic right? This nightmare all started with a rattle that took them numerous attempts to fix. Took my tow hitch off and put it back on etc... just to find out it was my shocks. Took it in for a noise. Something started smoking under the hood. Told them the transmission wasn't shifting right. They told me that's how they run, a year after told me they would appraise my car at 1000 dollars because the tranny is going out and the car is rusting. There is no way in 2 years a car rusts that bad that the value decreases that much. I owe 14 on the pos and it's worth like 3. They have attempted to fix a hissing in my dash for a year now.

I have been deeling with carmax for awhile 2 years to be exact I feel they really drug this out in Hope's that I couldnt do anything to get rid of this car.. I trusted them because they no better then I , I am no mechanic right this nightmare all started with a rattle that took them numerous attempts to fix. took my tow hitch off and put it back on etc.. just to find out it was my shocks. took it in for a noise something started smoking under the hood. told them the transmission wasnt shifting righ they told me that's how they run, a year after told me they wuld appraise my car at 1000 dollars because the tranny is going out and the car is rusting ther is no way in 2 years a car rusts that bad that the value decreases that much. I ow 14 on the pos and its worth like 3. they have attempted to fix a hissing in my dash for a year now .

I was told, "I never heard a car make this noise," then I was told it is normal. I had a wheel fall off while my husband was on the highway, they fixed it as a courtesy. Funny how another wheel just came loose this past month. Same wheel they took off to inspect it in the beginning of December. Then come to find out at some point the wrong lug nuts were put on the car but they fixed it as a courtesy to me as the customer because apparently the fact that they took the tire off not even a month prior they didn't notice someone put the wrong lug nuts on, or what about the first time the tire came off, or what about the fact you guys have done work to my car around the wheels multiple times in 2 year, 5 or 6 times actually and no one noticed the wrong lugs were on it?

Or maybe the fact that this was your fault and there are lives at risk when the wrong lug nuts are on a tire. My 5 kids, the child I babysit and all of my girl scouts that have been in my car, mine and my husband's and anyone else who has been in my car or hell the road around me their lives were all actually at danger if the wheel that fell off the first time would have went flying on the highway, or if it actually would have came off the second time all 5 kids were in my car!!! But thanks for your courtesy!! Then I had to argue about them fixing the transmission after it was already a problem I brought up and was told it is nothing. They had my car while fixing said transmission for 3 months. I was told it was a transmission rebuilt. They actually put a used transmission in it. Oh and when I got the damn thing back after 3 months they broke the damn radiator so it had to go back again!!! And you guessed it that didn't get done right either.

They busted the grill near the radiator and never tightened the bolts and I could go on and on and on with this car. It was as in an accident. We didn't know about till I got it appraised at a Chevy dealer so make sure you ask for the facts. Make sure you see them!!! Have they tried to fix the issues? Yes they have and I get it. I got a used car but there is no reason for this. You guys drag this out so long. Telling me twice you were doing 125 point checks or whatever to the point that it has been 2 years and now that I have just had it with the car and I want out of it I'm told, "The best you can do is trade in value." You have been very courteous so far so without a lawyer (which I have a consultation with tomorrow) I am going to get nowhere. You guys sold a faulty car. Just make it right.

I'm not asking for a lot. All I wanted was for you to come close to what I owe as a trade in so I can afford to get out of it. I know it is used and I drove it for 2 year. I also know that when you leave the lot the value decreases but I also know had I not trusted you with your pointless 125 point checks I would have tried to get out of this car a lot sooner and I wouldn't be here!! Guys if you are looking for a used car this is not the place!! Do your research. I wish I would have!! I will be in touch with the lawyer again tomorrow. I will be doing a review through the BBB. I will be posting on every outlet I can. I don't want anyone else to go through the nightmare that I have!!! Because you deserve a car you can enjoy and a car that you feel safe driving your family in!!!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I bought a F-150 truck from that in June of 2015. The second day I had it the alternator and battery died (that should have been a sign to return the truck, but unfortunately I loved the truck by them). I've had nothing but PROBLEMS with this truck. I've had to replace the battery and alternator twice, replace TRANSMISSION ($3,000), AC broke, replace catalytic converter ($700), spark plugs and wires replaced (500+), just to name a few things. And now they say it needs a new engine! I paid for an extended warranty when I bought the truck b/c it was a little older and I wanted to make sure I had coverage if something broke down.

In August of 2015 was the first time I complained about the "ticking" noise I was hearing. My AC was broken too. The receipt for the work says "could not hear ticking noise due to AC being broken." REALLY? They didn't even attempt to find out what was causing it. Every time I brought my truck in there I complained about the ticking noise and it feeling like it's going to conk out. Now the warranty is expired, and of course now they hear the noise and it's the engine. But they won't fix it under the warranty b/c they said I had to bring it back within 60 days of the service. But THEY NEVER FIXED IT AT ALL!!! They are shysters and try everything in their power to not fix something.

The last time I brought my truck in there they said it needed new spark plugs. So $500 later my truck was worst than when I brought it in. My new mechanic said those are the worst spark plugs on the market that they put in, don't belong in an F-150 and would have ruined my truck even more! When I called her and complained about how my truck was worst now after they put the spark plugs in, she told me, and I quote "that was just a jumping off point." Really? So I had to have them replaced the very next day after Carmax supposedly put them in. It's very frustrating dealing with them. They should have fixed it under the warranty, but they know it's an expensive thing to fix, but I bought the extended warranty for that reason! I've spent over $10,000 in the last three years trying to get this truck to work and it's still not working!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I am looking for a 2007-08 Toyota Solara Convertible. Carmax had one in Las Vegas so I pushed the button to get it sent to Santa Fe NM for $250 so I could look at it. No response so I called and asked about the car. They told me that they didn't know if I or someone else had a hold on it. I was never called back and the car went back up for sale so I asked for a transfer and never heard back. Then someone from the first transfer emailed and said that the car was up for sale and was I still interested. I give up. I guess that they don't want to transfer the car or I don't know. Carmax sounds like a good idea if you can get the car and are willing to pay top dollar.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I purchased a 2012 Nissan Leaf from the Carmax Costa Mesa store, in May 2016. We specifically asked, if the extended warranty covered the battery. Especially because we knew how expensive it is to replace. We wanted to make sure, it would be covered if the manufacture warranty expired. We were told yes, so we purchased the extended warranty. Now I find out today, the extended warranty doesn't cover any batteries. This is the engine of the car. How can you not cover this? We would not have wasted our money paying for the extended warranty and probably would have bought a different car.

When I spoke to the sales manager today, he refused to give me his last name. He said he could refund us, what is left on the warranty. He also told me the warranty for the battery from Nissan was for 8 years, 100,000. Not the information I received from Nissan. I received a letter, the warranty expired 5 years, or 60,000, which was October 2017. The 8 year warranty is for the newer cars. Refunding the amount that is left on the extended warranty, is not good enough. Minimum, I want the entire amount of the warranty refunded. We have bought several cars from Carmax, as has our family. That may not be the case anymore. What are you going to do Carmax, to make this right?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I just spoke with a Representative not too long ago today. I was appalled at how rude I was spoken to. Carmax has used cars for high prices, and yet still will speak to you like you are not a valued customer. I cannot wait until I have paid off this car so I can take my business elsewhere. Every time I speak to a Representative they are never warm or welcoming.

I am in customer service as well and if I ever treated customers the way Carmax does I would be unemployed. Carmax really needs to have better training for onboarding Customer service reps. If your desire is to not help people then why apply for the position. I will definitely be letting everyone I know and as much people as I can reach to NEVER do business with this company! The lady answered the phone with a monotone voice and had a very rude tone and attitude. She also told me an untrue statement about my record when I explained about why my payment was shorted on my account! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. They are very rude and disrespectful and take your money in the process.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

This insurance is very deficient and very bad attention, I had a sound on my wheel that has more than 1 year and Carmax still had not covered and had not repaired, I recommend not to buy cars on Carmax and either to take the warranty.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I test drove two cars and then requested a transfer from Newark Delaware. I had no idea this would take a week. My calls and email messages were not returned. On the seventh day I went to look at the car and my salesman was busy but assigned another associate. The $30,000.00 car had a deep, wide scratch and a deep ding on the rear driver's side door. Carmax repaired the scratch with a brushed on paint. I commented that the deep scratch & ding needed to be filled sanded and spray painted properly. The manager came out and said the brushed on paint repair was acceptable for Carmax standards. The maintenance required light and a yellow warning light were on. No one knew how to turn it off. I went straight to the nearest Lexus dealer and bought a certified pre-owned car.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I knew that car dealers and their lender companies were complete and utter crooks, but with how screwed over I have been getting screwed over by both of them, it's ridiculous. If they give you the lending company American Credit Acceptance, RUN OUT THE DOOR ASAP! They love to lie and steal your money.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

We did not buy a pickup from CarMax but... Bill from Murrieta, CA showed us around their facility and test drove two used trucks with us. He was very informative and patient. We were very specific with what we wanted and they did not have what we were looking for. Bill was awesome in trying to find our truck for us and even though we eventually bought our new truck from another dealer our experience at CarMax was great and I will be referring friends and family to try CarMax first. Thank you Bill!

Carmax Company Information