2.28/5
Based on 47 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 25, 2018

420 Dodge Ram Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 25, 2018

I am going hell with my Ram Promaster 1500 2015 I purchased 2 and half years. From day one it just has cause problems. Brakes went after 15,000 miles dealer (Dodge Ram Central Ave Yonkers NY) said there was nothing with them even though my mechanic told me there was and to bring it back to dealer as for the van was still under warranty. Nevertheless they wouldn’t change them. It cost me $1200 out of my own pocket.

Now for this last 2 weeks my van has been making weird noises, found one of radiator fans was broke so couldn’t use my ac till it was fixed then I was told the part that I need is on national back order and will take 1 -2 months to get. Wow now 2 days the other fan went and van is overheating and the only way I can drive is if I have heat on full blast which is impossible with 80 degree weather. Ram has told me that I shouldn’t drive the van as it could cause more damage. My mechanic has told there is 1400 people waiting for this part. It’s manufactured problem and ram hasn’t even issue a recall.

They won’t give me loaner van. I now have to pay to rent a van $550 a week out of pocket till part is made which could be 1/2 months they actually can’t give me ETA. I really think this should be looked into. Big corporations shouldn’t be able to get with this. I pay $38000 for this van which I shouldn’t have any problems for least 4/5 Years. Why should I have to pay for rental when’s it’s a manufacturer issue. Please help.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I purchased two 2016 Dodge Ram 3500 in 2017. Had one only a few months and had to have it lined up and dealership had to replace one front tire. Second truck the dealership paid to get it lined up a month after we purchased it. We had it lined up again 6 months later. So now this truck has the two front tires wearing out on the outer thread at about 20,000 miles and 5 months after the last line up. The first truck we purchased has 26,000 miles on it and the front passenger tire (the one replaced a yr ago is wearing out on the outer edge as well. Dealership does not know why this is happening. They say because we did not rotate the tires every 5000 miles (we would have to do this in between oil changes). Then they said it was because we drive around too many curves. (What the heck.)

They want to put these tires on the back inside duels so DOT can ding us on bald tires. They said the back tires are worn a little because of over inflation and we never put air in them since we purchased the truck. They cannot tell us why the tires on these trucks are wearing so now we have to purchase new tires every 20,000 miles or less?? Oh and the first truck has to have ball joints replaced. They do not want to do anything to help and they said the Big Wigs at Dodge says they have no reason to believe that there has been enough issues with these trucks to warrant them doing anything about it. GOOD old USA auto manufacturers. I thought our Ford trucks were a headache but these suck.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I have a 2014 Dodge 1500 Ecodiesel. I have had the injectors rebuilt, the inner cooler replaced. Now they say the turbo boost is bad, the exhaust system had to be cleaned. I only have 50,000 miles on it. Chrysler says they are working with the dealership to resolve the problem. I have had my truck for about 8 days in April. It's in the shop now with no idea when it will be done.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I bought this 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 new in 2001. I'm still driving it and loving it 18 years later. I've had some maintenance but what vehicle wouldn't after 228,000 miles. The maintenance was minimal compared to what it should have been. The 5 year battery in it I installed in 2009 and it's still working in 2018. It doesn't look very good but I don't care. It's the most dependable vehicle I have ever owned.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel is a great truck. No problems. 2015 Ram Cummins. All option heated seats, steering nav, I have used truck to run my farm. I would buy another. Ave 18-19 mph not towing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge?

Original review: April 27, 2018

Love this van (Dodge Ram Regency Conversion Van). It is very nice to drive. Comfort in any seat you sit in. If you need seating this is your van. Tired, take a nap. The back bench seat folds down and makes a comfortable bed. Plenty of room for whatever you need.

Original review: April 26, 2018

The 2016 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman has exceeded my expectations for a pickup truck. I pull a 8000lb trailer with it and it performs beyond my expectations. Enough power to always have some reserve if needed. Pulled through the Rockies and engine oil and transmission fluid maintained normal temperatures despite working hard. The interior is the best of all the major trucks I looked at prior to purchasing it and the controls are all in locations easy to reach and utilize while driving. The ride is not stiff like the other trucks providing a more comfortable ride and the sway control is excellent which is important for heavy loads and trailering. All at a price $9,000.00 less than its competitors. I would recommend this vehicle to anybody who needs a truck.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Dodge Ram 1500 - Hemi has loads of power. Large touch screen and comfy leather seats. Handles well without tipping around corners. Big horn edition has so many options that I makes for a comfortable, enjoyable ride.

Original review: April 18, 2018

My 2012 Ram 1500 is better than advertised. It has been 6 years of trouble free ownership. Can be a great daily driver and work truck. Comfortable for long trips and plenty of power for towing. It does it all well.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I am 32 years old and have owned 3 Ram trucks. I bought all 3 as the second owner from a Dodge Dealership. I bought a 2012 Ram 2500 with the Hemi 18 months ago. It was over 100k miles but had only one owner who had all the maintenance completed at the dealership. It appeared to be a super clean truck. Within the first 6 months the solenoid went bad in the transmission. $500. Now I am facing a bad camshaft and poor lifters. $3500. I have had the truck less than 18 months and am dumping over $4,000 into this truck and that is just to get it back to normal.

Ram of course only has the same junk camshaft and lifters to put back into the truck. They have not improved it or do not have any aftermarket parts to fix their poor design. Not to mention it took 3 weeks to get in because this part remains on back order. I had loved my other Ram trucks and was happy with this one before this problem occurred but I will never own another one and like I said I am only 32. I would urge anyone looking for a truck to choose another brand. I cringe when I see them saying longest lasting trucks on the road. Good luck and don't buy a junk Hemi. It is only as good as its parts.

Original review: April 17, 2018

The Dodge Diesel 2500 is a strong powerful truck with exceptional towing capability. Reasonable fuel consumption. With routine service and maintenance, this vehicle will last 300,000 miles or more.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I bought a new Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 on 03/26/2012. The warranty has run out. The truck currently has about 60k + miles on it. The truck started making a whining noise from the rear end. I brought it to my local Dodge dealer to get it looked at. Turns out it's the rear end pinion bearing that went bad. The mechanic told me that I might be in luck and that there might be a recall on this rear end. He did some research and found out my VIN number did not match the recall. The repair that the recall calls for is the same repair they did on my truck. The pinion bearing they took out of the truck was trashed due to lack of proper lubrication, the reason for the recall. I called the RAM customer assistance office and received no assistance with this repair.

This lack of lubrication condition could cause the pinion bearing to seize and cause a loss of vehicle control and or cause a crash without warning. The last sentence was pulled directly from the recall advisory that for some reason does not include my truck yet the problem I had is just like the recall. RAM really needs to get this checked out before someone is injured. If you own a 2012 Ram 1500 get it checked out. Safety Recall K36.

Original review: March 14, 2018

This past Sunday my wife was sitting in the passenger seat. The seat belt locked and she could not get out. I had to use scissors to cut the seatbelt and Dodge is telling me it's going to cost me 7:50 to $800 to get this repaired. This is a safety issue that should be looked into because if I would have had it been in a wreck and somebody was in the passenger seat and could not get out due to the failure of the release button would be talking a whole different story. I think that Dodge needs to replace this instead of me having to any suggestions.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Purchased new Nov 19 2017, issues with raw diesel exhaust leaking into the cab. Been to the dealership countless times. Told service people of the hazardous conditions... they didn’t care! Called Ram support over 10 times - they don’t care, here’s another case number after case number. I’ve taken it back 9 times, it’s been looked at 4 times. EGR was switched out. Guessing what they want to take off and replace next? Had to fight today to get them to keep it! It was so bad with exhaust in the cab I won’t drive it again! Did get me a rental but can’t look at it for 8 days! Currently has 3552 miles! I didn’t sign up for this from a new truck! Take the POS back! Trade it out! Now it’s a used patched together junker I paid $60,000 for!

Original review: March 13, 2018

I purchased a New Dodge Ram Ecodiesel pickup in November of 2017. It was one of the first ones made after the emission updates. The truck will not run properly after it sits overnight in cold temperatures. The dealer has had it in the shop at least 6 times. They tell me that Chrysler is working on a computer update for the problem. I did hire Lemon Lawyer, but they haven't helped at all. This is my first and last Chrysler product! I haven't seen the truck for almost a month. My dealer did give me an old truck to drive. But, that doesn't seem fair when I'm making payments on my new one. I just want some answers and to get rid of this piece of crap. I use my vehicle for my office. I am on the road selling 5 days per week.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

2012 Ram ST 4x4 Hemi: Love this truck. All I hear is in 2.5 million trucks sold over past 5 years is a few problems from people who bought used trucks. Yes I had things fixed under warranty. This truck drives great and has excellent power. I feel your pain. I drive in 4wd all the time. Long road trips are a delight. 125k miles now. Bottom line the trucks are not made to last forever. Don't beat them up... too much.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Purchased brand new 2017 Dodge Rebel on January 1, 2018. So far I've only put 600 miles on it. Noticed above driver's door a hump under the painted plastic trim which covers the roof seam/joint. Notified local Dodge service department. They took pictures to send to the Dodge engineering department. The local Dodge body shop also inspected it. It appears at the factory when it was built, some metal debris was left under the sheet metal when it was crimped and spot welded. This caused metal to protrude at the joint.

Also, there is a visible hump in the sheet metal. To top that, at the factory, they simply threw the plastic trim over it and painted it! There is a HIGHLY VISIBLE 1/3" rise in the trim. I noticed a leak on my driver's floormat. The body shop said it was from the roof seam issue. How in the hell did this get through even the weakest of quality control both at the factory and at the dealership? The dealership has now had my truck for a week. The headliner has been removed for inspection. Called dealership Friday and they said the Dodge engineers are looking at the problem. How can this end well for me? Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

My engine on my 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Ecodiesel 3.0L seized at 14K miles... Towed to Dodge in Yuba City, Ca. They charged me $1200 plus, to tell me that is my fault and water went into the engine by opening the pan!!! No water went, they are full of it... I am getting the second opinion at the Machine shop. I spoke to the owner, and he will give me the exact cause by opening the engine apart.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I have had the DEF pump replaced twice & an injector replaced once on my 2015 Ram 1500 and the problem is back again. Getting the message that it will not restart in 30 miles if I don’t take it to the dealer and have the DEF system fixed. Absolutely ridiculous. RAM needs to have a recall on their DEF system & fix it.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

We had no problems with our 2015 Dodge ECO DIESEL 1500 Longhorn truck, excellent fuel mileage, everything worked perfect, then when driving on the toll road at 60 mph truck was getting 32 mpg mileage 33,134 and we are not towing anything our ENGINE BLOWS, we had it towed to the nearest Dodge dealer, after removing the engine pan full of metal parts, Dodge would cover it under warranty. We traded it in on a Dodge 5.7 V/8 not happy with fuel mileage. However we feel we can trust this engine to last at least 65,000 miles.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Bought in to the new RAM truck experience in 2014 and purchased a 2500 RAM with a Cummins diesel engine with the purpose of pulling a toy hauler when we retired. Since acquiring these special vehicle I have had 12 recall notices, several service warranty issues that took forever to repair and no support from RAM trucks. If not for a decent dealer, this would be a total nightmare. I have had the Urea sensor issue which RAM implied was due to bad DEF fluid when in fact it was a faulty sensor design that fails due to the corrosion from the DEF fluid.

I am now waiting on a correction to the latest recall T51/NHTSA 17V-562 to correct a water pump failure which may cause an engine fire? No indication on how/what they will do or if they will give a loaner vehicle to use, not one answer from them. They have a nice design in the truck, but have failed the public in quality control and standing behind their product. Would not recommend this vehicle to any of my friends for future purchases.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Own 2012 Dodge Ram with only 30k miles. Heater core went bad and will cost $800-$1100 to repair. Called Dodge and they will not pay any portion of the repair due to "Age of truck". Explained truck looks like new with extremely low mileage (average mileage for a year is 12-15k miles) and would do absolutely nothing!! Done with this company. Will be sure to let people know and will post on social media as well. Poor customer service!!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

On October of last year (2016), I traded in my Ram 1500 Laramie for a new 2016 Ram 1500 Tradesman/ Express (Black Package Group). With a tag of over 46,320. Mopar bed cover liner and sidebars were added on by the dealer after they received the truck but it is not included on the number above. After searching online and going to several dealers to look at trucks, I decided it to buy one on the lot of a dealer 30 minutes away from me. I called the dealer and made the deal through the phone. The same night I went with the title of my Ram 1500 Laramie and a check for the differences. I looked at the truck and it looked pretty bad ass. Took the truck home and a few weeks later I was washing it by hand and noticed it (3) different discolored spots on the right from fender of the truck.

That kind of alarmed me so after further inspection I found that the clear coat under the Mopar bed liner had been damaged by the liner. The liner had play for not been put correctly. And the bed wasn't clean before the installation so it damaged the clear coat on the paint. I further discovered bubbles under the paint. I called customer service and customer service helped me schedule an appointment with the auto body shop for them to take a look at it. I took the truck to the shop and the shop manager took pictures of the problems and told me the truck would be repaired under the warranty. He said the remedy was to repainted the truck. I refused that and told him that I didn't paid the type of money I paid for the vehicle to get it repainted two weeks after sold to me. He advised me to talk to the sell man about it which the same day I gave him a call and drove 30 to the dealer for him to see the truck. The sell man wasn't very helpful.

At some point he said that I acted like he paint it the truck which I corrected him by telling him he didn't build the truck or painted the truck either but he sold me the truck and I need it help finding a solution to the problem. He told me he couldn't do nothing since he didn't painted the truck. Manager of the dealer called me and told me he was gonna ask for a buyback because the truck paint looked it terrible. A appointment was made with the Mopar area manager (Bloomington Ill.) who offered me 2 or maybe 3 payments and to repaint the truck. I told him I didn't want them to sell me a truck for over 46,000 dollar which is a huge investment in someone life and then two weeks later taken from me to get repainted. He replied that he didn't sold me the truck and the dealer were independently owned which I replied that was understood however, those independently owned dealers are selling the brand of vehicle he represents.

He then asked me if I checked the vehicle which I replied yes I did with the naked eye. And when I went to buy the truck I went there with a positive outlook. No one who is going to buy a new vehicle go to the dealer and go there with a set mind of looking for rust especially speaking of a brand new vehicle. I also told him that was the job of quality control. Quality control inspector let the truck leave the plant like that. He or she should've had recorded the results of their inspection and notified his or her supervisor so supervisor could fix the production problem. He then said he was asked Chrysler to do a buyback which they did. I decided it that even though I already had a bad experience with the buying of their vehicle I was going to buy another Ram. (Chrysler reimbursed me 46,320 plus the dealer reimbursed me on the aftermarket accessories they installed on the truck.)

I went ahead and builders my own. A 2017 Ram 1500 Tradesman/ Express. (Black Package Group). As soon as I took possession of it I had problems with the driving lights. (Condensation). Again I contacted its customer service and wrote an email to headquarters and sent it them pictures. Another appointment was made with the dealer where they looked at the lights and ordered new ones. After I put the new lights I made another appointment, because the lights were looking down. Instead of fixing them, adjusting them correctly they put them looking up. An appointment was made with a second dealer to correct the lights. I was involved in a car accident where my truck was deemed total loss.

A week later, I went and bought another Brand new Ram 1500 Night Sport Luxury Edition. Dropped over 53,000 dollars just to discover the same issue I had with the first one: rust on the paint, bubbles and poor paint job. As we speak a case is open on this matter. Front office contacted it me when I sent them pictures of the vehicle damages. Here is the fun part about it, after I explained to the lady I spoke with that I had been a loyal customer of them of many years and That I'm very disappointed with the quality of their vehicle. I bought two brand new vehicles back to back that came with factory problems.

Now I'm on the third one that came with factory problems. She asked me if I looked at the truck before I bought it since I already had problems with the first 2016 which I told her yes with the naked eye. And that I didn't went to the dealer to look at a 2017 brand new truck worth over 53,000 dollars with a set mind (let me look for rust and paint damage). However she never mentioned anything about the 2017 I ordered it and came with head lights problems. I also told her that was quality control job and the same question need it to be asked to him or her. I will keep everyone informed about this matter.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I purchased a 2016 Ram 1500 in December of 2015. I did not open the rear window until the spring of 2017. After I made that mistake it never stopped leaking. Anytime it rained (even a light drizzle) my cab would get water inside. I took it to two different dealers a total of four times. Each time they told me the drain holes were clogged and they solved the problem when they cleaned them out. Each time I took it home and sprayed it with a garden hose mimicking a light rain or washing the truck. Each time water was flooding my cab within ten seconds. I tried the corporate customer care line as I was tired of wasting time with dealerships but they were some of the most incompetent people I have ever talked to. Their response to everything was, "There's nothing we can do about that." Apparently they manufacture the truck but do not stand behind it as far as poor quality and customer service is concerned.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

Buyer beware of any newer, 2013+, Dodge with a Cummins Diesel and its emissions system. You will be constantly plagued with See Dealer, Service DEF System errors. When the trucks run they are great, but good luck keeping them running reliably. You can put good Blue DEF in 100% of the time, run them well to ensure they get a periodic regen, and still have endless issues. To top it off, they drop you into limp mode in no time at all, so good luck if you're on a long road trip; expect a huge tow bill. In all, stay away from any of these trucks that have DEF systems unless you wish to waste time and give away your money to a bottomless pit.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I bought my Ram 1500 new in 2015 with every tow option available. During the summer months (May-Mid September) I tow a 3,500lb boat about every other weekend... this was the sole purpose for buying this truck. This August while towing the boat the transmission failed to downshift (with a loud BANG) twice, then we got a check engine light, and the transmission reached 280* before being able to get off the highway. The truck was towed to the nearest dealer. The dealership told me there was no overtemp history in the computer and replaced just the valve body and filter. Ever since the repair the transmission regularly runs hot (up to 237* while not towing, usually in the 220s) and does a sporadic slip-bang shift.

I opened a case with Ram Cares and got it into another dealership, they couldn't reproduce the problem. The mechanic told me that Chrysler only allows them to replace the valve body or the entire transmission under warranty (if the fluid is burnt), but he felt there was a problem with the heat exchanger for the transmission. When I picked up the truck the service advisor told me (after seeing my many pictures of the trans temp gauge reading 220s and 230s) that even though he can't do anything under warranty right now he thought the transmission would most likely fail before the powertrain warranty expires.

This is a problem as I've already been stranded once while towing my boat. The Ram Cares rep said Chrysler stands by the dealership and my request for further diagnoses OR a warranty extension on the transmission has been denied... this to me means that Chrysler doesn't have confidence in the transmission... a warranty extension would only cost Chrysler money IF the transmission fails again.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

1400 miles and noticed pull, steering wheel off center, tires cupping 2nd, center and 3rd rib, wobble left had curves, had to wait 10 days for appointment, so I parked it. Told it was normal tire wear for a dually. "No problem found". They set tone. "What about steering wheel and pull?" Also, this is important: I had been to 2 dealerships and they didn't know the proper tire pressure required. They will put too low pressure in fronts and create an excuse for "outside tire wear". I showed them the specs on door pillar. Had to call for authorization for offset ball joint. Service Mgr. told me he heard they had a problem with rotated right axle when it was welded. "Uh oh".

I called Customer Service FBA. They called me before I picked up truck, wanted to know if I wanted to go to Arbitration? I told them I had worked for Dodge 25 years ago and knew I had to give them 3 wishes, "wish they could fix it". Oh. And, I hadn't been called to tell me the truck was done! I was offered "road hazard/lifetime balance and rotate" from national chain for $160. I took it after 4th rotation and balance 2 unconventional rotation dismounting fronts from rim and swapping by 7900 miles 4th trip to service and 2 rotates and balances from them! At this point I've been escalated to another acronym for customer service. I provided tire tread wear patterns to service for cupping in ribs, contacted Nexen tire, sent pictures, they concur that it's mechanical. I had sent them pictures of "bowed right front spring", too.

1 service order I questioned the ride height, Right front 1" lower than left, left rear 2" higher than right. "Within tolerance" after calling tech support. "Did you measure and document your findings?" No, they took my word for it. Tech rep came and looked at it. Service wrote it up that I was concern about outer tire wear, returning to me my handwritten concerns - "nowhere does it say outer" cupping in ribs. I even attached a drawing asking about the tolerance of a "bowed" spring. Contacted General Mgr. of dealership about my complaints not being represented to Chrysler correctly, showed him a picture of the spring. "That's bent" he said. I told him his service department has had it in here and they say, "can't duplicate it or that's normal for a dually". G.M. would get involved. Spring and 2 tires just arrived.

While the tech advisor was there they drove a "new" truck to compare with mine. The route I discovered would replicate my complaint: accelerator ramp entering highway with a seam in asphalt from here to here on interstate (left sweeping curve, 40 to 80 miles per hour) "Wobbles like a hub or a spindle problem" yet this has an axle. They drove the same they said. They pointed out which one, I had driven it to see if I was interested in taking the $5000 over trade value in a previous offer. It had 90 lbs in front tire and was a solid, tight front end. Just like mine when it was new. I measured that trucks ride height - "this one is even across." I noticed the slightest wear of feathering across tread. Asked them to get the keys, humor me. Found on TPMS #90 on left front #70 on right front. "You just demonstrated you could make a new truck feel just like mine". Such a look I got.

Make sure service documents exactly what your complaint(s) are. I now will add, "it feels like rt front tire is severe underinflated". I contacted selling dealer in another state and was directed to a larger seller of this type of truck. They haven't seen many of these but have been successful replacing axle housing, about $4k to warranty. "A whole lot less than I'll be out if I went arbitration" since I was told this is all they'll do for me. I won't have to wait long after spring replacement to verify fix, 1 more shot at customer service to get axle housing replaced, or I sue. I think I have enough info to verify it's their problem and not the customer's lack of rotation.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Aug. 28, 2017, while driving a 2015 Dodge 1500 Eco Diesel at 40 mph with 41000 miles, recently serviced, truck lost power, tach went to zero, white smoke billowed from the back of the engine hood in front of windshield. Pulled over. Opened hood. Flames pouring out of backside of engine on both sides. Shot a 2 lb fire extinguisher, did not help much. Noticed a large oil or fuel slick on the passenger side of road, 3 feet to the outside of the truck. Engine compartment fully engulfed in flames within 4-5 min. Truck cab was inflamed by 7 min. We lost everything we had in the truck. Called Dodge to make claim on our 100,000 mile, Mopar Bumper to Bumper warranty... which they denied. We are looking to build a case against Dodge listing others who have had this same experience. Dodge has denied that anything was wrong with their truck. We disagree.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

We've only had this since March 28th, 2017 - Over-Engineering is an understatement. EPA has pretty much got us choked down. We bought this big boy to pull a 5th wheel, but thus far, we stay in the repair shop more than anywhere else. Check Engine Lights repeatedly on with O2 Sensors and EGR valve replacements have pretty much got us reconsidering our purchase. With the steering locking up from "time to time," (we're waiting on a recall,) we don't trust it to take us to the store, let alone on the road for pleasure. It's been anything but... We just had to have the Injection Pump replaced and that set us back 4k. We are on a "wait and see" list now for the O2 sensor to come on again and they will work towards faulty wiring harness possibly.

We simply can't afford this for all of this poor design. My 1st Ram and wish I had our Ford back. We are NOW dealing with standing water in the back from leaking rear brake light that Ram has known about for YEARS, yet they don't correct poor engineering on that issue. We also have water pouring thru the rear sliding window and fixing to go get replacement seals and sweeps for that. We are hoping for a buyback on this monster. Please help us. It's really a bad thing when service technicians drop their heads and shake them when they see you coming AGAIN and they call you by name. SAD!!!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I purchased a new 2013 Ram 3500 Dually Longhorn. I currently have 83,000 miles on the truck. I have towed my 21000LB 5th wheel camper 17,000 miles. I am very impressed with the quality and the capabilities of this truck, I have had two issues with the truck thus far, a def injection/DPF exhaust part failure, and, a seized water pump. Both times the dealer service was quite good. I would buy another one. I just sold my 2001 Ram Cummins 2500 with 307,000 miles. It was an excellent truck. I replaced it with a 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn. I hope it does as well. So far so good, I love the Ram boxes and the cargo management system.

Dodge Ram Company Information