2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.61/5

The Ram pickup is a full-size pickup truck that is marketed as the Ram Trucks brand. Read more Dodge reviews to learn about other models.

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Dodge Ram Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Ram?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Ram?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

The truck is an excellent version this year. Lots of room and very comfortable. The interior is well designed and easy to operate the instrument panels. The handling of the Ram is a bit tough because of the rear of the truck being so light but I've added weight by placing blocks in the bed and covering them easily as not to be seen. The price of the truck is a bit costly. With gas prices rising they should bring the price down. Otherwise the performance and durability are worth the money. I would recommend this truck to all. Go and check it out. You will not be disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I had a great experience when I owned my Dodge Ram. The truck was very nice as far as inward and outward appearances, and it was sporty enough for a casual day, for a baseball cap and jeans, and classy enough for a Sunday afternoon tie and shirt day. The gas mileage was much better than I thought and the ride was extremely comfortable. There was plenty of leg space and the engine was as quiet as a mouse. If I ever get to the point when I can afford to purchase another Ram, I would do it in a heartbeat, with no hesitation.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Dodge Ram 1500 2014 6cyl 4x4 purchased new. I had two problems with this truck. 1. Cruse control didn't work all the time. 2. Driver side electric window and door lock controller had to be replaced. These were the only problems I had. The transmission started acting up. Not shifting smoothly and lagging. This started after 80,000 accumulated miles. On the positive side this truck was a joy to drive. Easy to handle. Tracked straight and true in all weather conditions. Comfortable cabin that was quiet with an excellent stock stereo sound system. The electronics were easy to use, especially the blue tooth phone system. I drove this truck for a total of 5 years.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

First of all Dodge Ram offer the most sporty truck out there. It's in a class by itself, other trucks look square. I love that there's different models to choose from to fit your needs. They have the most towing power and the most horsepower. I love the quad cab which can carry six persons and not to mention the style which brings class to there vehicles. The quality you get for the price which some vehicles fall short. Plus they're long lasting, I own an 2003 and it's still running and people are still complimenting me on how it looks. Dodge Ram for life!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

My 2018 Ram Power Wagon has 56,000 miles already, and has not had any issues. While I have driven all Japanese in the past, Jeep and Ram are paying attention to the real customers and making far more interesting products. This makes it hard to compromise and buy a lesser vehicle. Having the most off road capable full size truck in the world is fantastic. The lsd rear diff is perfect for roads. Lock both diffs and disconnect sway bar and good luck getting stuck. The winch, way more handy then you think. The de-rated towing capacity is absurd, and it will squat less and handle more than most heavy duty trucks. The interior, and the small details the Japanese used to think about round out these trucks. Keep up the good work, and keep improving reliability and I will be back for another Power Wagon and a Gladiator to replace our Four Runner.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I've been driving a 2014 Ram Crew Cab (Tradesman) for 10 months. I've done the maintenance and filled the fluids, but had to have Radiator, Cap, Hoses, 6 spark plugs, 2 ignition coils replaced. Then Starter, then Radiator cooling fan. Now the engine is "blown" after driving 12000 city miles! Something smells foul.

Original review: July 21, 2020

I own a 2016 Dodge Ram 2500. I was having transmission problems as a result of a recall on solenoid. I had it replaced 4 times. The first three times I was still under 100k miles. I had transmission rebuilt $3700. Service engine light came on again. Brought it to dealer where they replaced solenoid again. Dealer said truck needs new transmission and cost would be $7900. I asked Dodge for assistance covering parts since it was a result of recall. 2015 truck had 100k warranty and 2016 only 60k which is obviously not long enough. Dodge would not offer any assistance at all. The truck engine is not built to last long.

Original review: April 29, 2020

Horrible!!! My Dodge 3500 dropped its 4-wheel drive towing 1/3 of the weight it's rated for. It has never been fixed by dealership right since. It's spent over 6 months of the past year at the dealership. I made an appointment. It took two weeks to tell me what's wrong. Now it's been there for 3 months and they "can't figure out how to put parts in and think they need more parts. I've talked with Chrysler corporation which just says it's on the dealership. I've talked to a lawyer now. I've owned Chevy, Ford and Toyota trucks. Never been treated like this. They won't even offer a rental truck. Buy any truck besides a Dodge. Horrible company.

Original review: March 14, 2020

2020 Ram Longhorn seats are uncomfortable and painful. Beautiful truck however, it is undriveable due to the extremely poor seat design. The contour of the seat design hurts the legs and hips and was not thought out whatsoever, which destroys what would be a great truck. It is important to design a seat correctly to make your product driveable, what a complete disappointment and it is unfathomable how this could possibly pass testing. Ram needs to step up and rectify this issue immediately.

Original review: March 12, 2020

This has been a nightmare of gargantuan proportions. I purchased a vehicle, signed the paperwork December 9, 2019. The vehicle was finally delivered to me Friday, December 20th. It was dirty inside when I picked it up and it never worked properly. I took it back to the dealer the following Monday morning (Dec. 23rd). It is now March 11, 2020 and I still do not have a vehicle. The corporate employees I have had to deal with told me things like, they have an unlimited amount of time to decide what to do. They don't return calls in a timely manner. They are trying to get me to take another truck and charge me more, because the special that was running at the time I bought the original truck isn't applicable now. They have offered to trade vehicles for weeks, but haven't agreed to a meeting time to arrange for it.

I have been paying insurance and payments for a vehicle I don't have and they haven't offered to reimburse me for the insurance. I posted on Dealer Rater and BBB in January and it was the only thing that got their attention, so here I am again, hoping to get this settled and, to be honest, I don't want anything to do with Dodge/Chrysler anymore at this point. I just want my money back so I can go elsewhere and purchase a vehicle that works from a dealer that cares. Oh, and the real kicker is that I have since found out that the problem with this model has been known for over four years, the parts to fix it are hard to get and one service tech said he is surprised by one of these vehicles lasting 10,000 miles before the failure occurs. Yet, they are still selling the vehicles. If they are out of warranty when the problem occurs, it costs over $7000 to fix it.

Dodge Ram Company Information