2.89/5

Auto Warranty Expired?

Dodge Ram

The Ram pickup is a full-size pickup truck that is marketed as the Ram Trucks brand. Read more Dodge reviews to learn about other models.

443 Dodge Ram Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

2018 Ram 2500 with 6.4 Hemi. I have a humming sound coming from the engine bay area. Also lifters rattle like an old Ford truck I used to own. Took it in and was told it was normal. Not happy but what.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

This truck is one of my favorite vehicles. I had zero problems with it and the Hemi engine is awesome. My only complaint was that it got pretty bad gas mileage, and this during 2007 and 2008 when gas was 4 something a gallon in Texas. Great truck, fair to good interior, low payload capacity, but towed a trailer well. Nice sounding and fast.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

We bought the truck in May of 2016. We have had Nothing But Problems! It is currently back in the shop to have the cams and lifters replaced on the side that didn't get replaced just a few months ago! We have had electrical problems, cruise control problems, sensor problems. Thankfully we paid the 3800.00 for the extended warranty! I would strongly suggest doing your homework prior to purchasing a Dodge Ram! I will definitely NOT purchase another one!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I purchased a new 2018 RAM 2500 Limited around April of 2018 and loved the way the truck handle and performed until someone rear-ended the truck and that's where the saga began due to lack of parts (national back order) from Mopar. The truck has been in the shop going on 2 month and counting for simple things like rear shock absorbers.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Only about $16K miles my 2016 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel 3.0L engine seized. Took it to the Dodge dealer, they are blaming me for that. Telling me I put water in the air box and engine seized! They are just trying to avoid the warranty. After researching, found out I am not the only one with the same issue. I guess the oil that was used for these engine causes the engine to seized between 10 to 20K miles. I am getting an Attorney at the moment to get a lawsuit going against Chrysler. Easy win...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Ram?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

When we purchased our 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 it was during the promotion for the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty. The stipulation was that it has to be taken to the dealer every 5 years for a check up or the warranty is voided. We took it in December 2012 and again in August 2018. We felt that since December 2018 is 6 years that we still had the warranty. We were informed by Dodge that they do not have to notify us of either an impending expiration or that we needed to return for the 5 year check up. Since it hasn't been a full 6 years after we were hoping to get the warrant reinstated, at the dealer's direction. We are having a terrible time getting a resolution from anyone at Dodge. We have purchased a total of 5 vehicles from Chrysler over the last 12 years and were hoping they would consider a long time customer.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I am very discouraged with the ordering Dodge trucks process. I ordered exactly what I wanted on/and it's now August 5th and still has not moved through the building process at the Michigan plant. WTH is going on. VIN is was assigned only a few weeks after but it's stuck in "D" status which is not even through the line yet. This is not the 4-8 weeks that I thought it was going to be. Now they are saying it could be the eTorque or the Ram boxes that is holding it up. I think this is unexceptionable. If you can choose on the main Ram truck website what you can order then why can't they build it in a timely manner?

Original review: July 10, 2018

I own a 1500 Ram Big Horn which was purchased new from Five Star Dodge Warner Robins. When I purchased the Ram I was told I was entitled to oil changes from Ram and 1 oil change from the dealership. Due to the low mileage on this vehicle I didn't need the service frequently and wasn't told by the dealership that there was a time limit in which this had to be done. Unfortunately on 7-5-18 I had service done which would have been the fourth oil service on the Ram Truck and was charged $36.13. I called consumer affairs and was told that service agreement wouldn't be honored due to the length of time and again I stated that the dealership made no statement when purchasing the Ram Truck about a time limit to the service agreement. I also purchase a 2016 Ram Truck Big Horn 4x4 from the same dealership which more mileage was put on this vehicle due to it involved being destine as a work vehicle and all oil changes were honored.

I usually buy/purchase vehicle every 4 years and have considered buying another Ram Big Horn but feel that if I am going to be penalized for not driving and taking care of my purchase and the Ram company isn't going to honor an agreement due to time then I should seek other types of truck makers. I regret that for $36.13 that a company like Ram would want to lose a valued customer. This can be easily resolved by honoring an oil change at one of your facilities with a coupon. Please understand I feel at this time that if Ram will not honor this then will Ram honor their other warranties/services. Thank you and hope to be able to continue to do business in the near future.

Original review: July 5, 2018

We are coming to you for help, on June 14, 2018 our 2018 Dodge Ram 2500 with only 8,200 miles on it broke down on our way home in SC at midnight. Leaving us and our 2 children stranded on the side of 95. Chrysler warranty only covers towing to closest Dodge dealership. This is how we ended up with our vehicle at Plaza Dodge dealership. We are getting the runaround from the service Dept (Jon) & warranty guy handling our case (Tim). They have had our vehicle for 3 weeks with no end in sight. Last week we were lied to by both Jon & Tim about what was wrong with it (saying it was the rear overrunning gear) and that parts had been ordered. On Monday this week Jon called and said that no parts have been ordered, in fact our transmission had not been taken apart or touched all last week.

On Tuesday this week Jon called my husband and said now they believe it to be a seal in the transmission and have ordered parts but it will now be next week for them to come in. He then turned around and called me and said some parts had been ordered but some were on back order and he did not know when they would come in. This truck is not only our personal truck (we tow our camper with this for our son’s travel ball tournaments) but it is also my husband's company truck (we own Marsh Lawn Care). We need it back or answers.

We only have had it since April 27. We bought it brand new from Cary Auto Mall. We called them on June 14 to see if they could help us since we had just bought it and were told “why would we help you, we are not reaping the benefits of the warranty work”. I think all Dodge Ram consumers should know how poorly the new trucks are built & how little help warranty company is in getting them back to you in a reasonable timeframe.

Original review: June 27, 2018

My husband and I purchased a 2018 RAM 1500 SLT 4X4 the last week of May. BRAND NEW! Very first day brought it home, the gear became stuck in park. Would not budge. The vehicle did however get in drive the next morning to take it to the dealership, and became stuck in park again once there. The RAM company said they would send the part... ONE MONTH later the part arrived at the dealership. The truck still will not shift into any gears. Informed the customer service person at RAM and they are looking into the matter.

In the meantime, we have to pay $558.00 per month for a defective product, that was advertised as a great RELIABLE product, and we are not even in possession of at the moment. It's not the dealership's fault. They did not make the defective truck. It is the manufacturer and product supplier that created this vehicle that you cannot even drive. Very angry with Dodge that they would not even test their own products before shipping to stores. Thank you for the headache, hassle of dealing with customer service people who could care less that you are out of money on a product you do not even have or can use, and the aggravation of a family of four now down to one vehicle. Will not recommend to anyone to buy. I want them to take back their defective product and void the sale. That is it! But you have to jump through numerous hoops to get them to take back their OWN defective product!!!

Original review: June 26, 2018

At 168,000 miles the bolts connecting the flexplate to the crankshaft stripped out. This ruined the crankshaft and flexplate and we are facing over $5,000 in repairs. We bought this truck (DODGE RAM 2005 3500 4X4 DIESEL DUALLY) because of the incredible reputation of the Cummins diesel and we are extremely disappointed and surprised this has happened. It was to be our lifetime truck.

Original review: June 21, 2018

We bought a Ram truck, it is the nicest vehicle we have ever owned. My husband drives it as his main vehicle, but I do drive it too. We have not had any problems with this vehicle, and it is a 2016. But we wish it got better gas mileage, but that's a dream. I do think it cost too much, it was more than our first house. That was a hard pill to swallow. I don't like black interior, this truck has cream colored seats and brown trim, it is beautiful. My husband keeps it washed and vacuumed every week.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Love Dodge Ram. Love the color and the height. Really Tall. Bigger than most vehicles on the road. The dogs and the children love it as well. I also have to fight my husband to drive it day to day. May get another one of the Rams when it is time to upgrade. A newer one would have been great. There seems to be more of them just like mine on the road no matter where I go. Also, wish I would have bought it in black. Think my daughter will try to take it from me. I also don't like the Interior. The interior should be black. Lacks upgraded equipment as well. Would like a better stereo. Lastly, hard to read the speedometer during the day.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Dodge is now my favorite over all the rest. It always started and ran good and I never had any problems with it. I liked the style and the fact that it was a diesel. I liked that it had a full back seat that my dogs could fit in comfortably. I liked the electric windows and seats and the rear window defrost was nice because my dogs tended to fog it up. I chose it because I liked the way it looked but I liked it so much that I'll get another one if I get a chance. It was very reliable and was the best truck I ever owned. I loved my truck. It was perfect to me.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I have the 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie and I love it! It drives wonderfully, and I love all the bells and whistles and features it has and how smooth it drives and rides. Very comfortable for the whole family! However, I've been wanting to have a lift done eventually, and work done on muffler/exhaust to make it sound louder/rumblier. I've always disliked wood paneling and wish car makers would work away from wood paneling, it looks cheap. But I like the moon/sunroof, heated/cooling front seats, heated back seats, heated steering wheel, Bluetooth voice command Uconnect and black exterior and interior. It is extremely comfortable for both front and back seats!

Original review: June 16, 2018

I have had Dodge before. They are very reliable vehicles. I love their spacious interior and the custom looks of each vehicle. They have a smooth ride and my 1st vehicle lasted 9 years and I still have it. It looks and runs like new. All one needs to do is keep up with the vehicle and replace changes as needed. I love Chrysler and Dodge. They are the only brand of vehicle I've purchased and I am happy with their performance and look. Dodge brand has been in the family for years so its a well trusted brand. Family members worked in the Chrysler plants for years and years so we stay loyal to this brand.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I love my truck. I've always been a Dodge person mainly because of their sleek design, roomy interior and safety features. Love the way it handles on and off the road. Mine is an extended cab and has plenty of leg room. It's a great all around truck. It's got the horsepower to get any job done and big enough for the whole family. The suspension on my year model wasn't too great but the manufacturer has really improved it in the newer models over the years.

Original review: June 14, 2018

It's great on miles and tows wonderfully. It's brilliantly awesome and stylish. The key fob is awesome. You can start the car with it and then take the key out so you can lock the car while it's running.

Original review: June 13, 2018

2004 Dodge Ram has been a good truck. Having some troubles now that it is over 150,000 miles but I have had limited work done. We love having all the space when we go to sporting events or travel out of town. We can also put our luggage on the back of the truck. And our dog loves riding on the back. However, it's not a 4 wheel drive. We like to go fishing and when it's muddy we can't go due to the fact we might get stuck.

Original review: June 12, 2018

The alternator of this 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 has gone out, the clutch but other than that it has been very good. It's mainly just normal wear and tear, especially since it's 13 years old. It was a 3500 dually 5.9L and had a gooseneck ball already in the back. Also, it must have been wrecked because the passenger door doesn't seat completely right so if it's raining it does drip a little. The center console/seat is different material than the rest of the seats. But it has plenty of room in the cab for all of us. Nice being able to haul things especially our 5th wheel.

Original review: June 9, 2018

The truck was purchased used from the second owner, so it has some issues. Overall though, it is a good truck. It has not had any major mechanical problems, only minor ones. The truck always runs, is very reliable and dependable. Also, the price was right for what we could afford at the time. It was in good shape for the year. The dash was in one piece, which is unusual for a used truck. Normally, the dashes are cracked and broken from the sun and heat. The title was clear. We ended up making a new friend as well. I like that the truck is blue plus it is a basic model. It has manual locks and windows. It is just a good work truck.

However, the heater comes on when you press the brake, so it has to be disabled during the summer. Also, before the brakes get warmed up, be careful and slowly press them or you may end up hitting your head on the steering wheel. Once they warm up, they are like normal brakes though. The windshield needs to be replaced because it is cracked as well.

Original review: June 8, 2018

We have a Ram 3500 and we love it! We have gone over 300,000 miles in 3 years towing RVs all over the United States and Canada. It has been strong, comfortable, durable along with a great towing package and the price was right. My favorite feature is the 2 person dual control on the AC/heater temperature and the dual seat temperature control. But they could do away with oil changes and make tires that do not have to be replaced. Other than that, it has been very trustworthy and never caused us any problem except for routine maintenance.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I purchased a Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab. And I love this truck. It rides smooth. This truck is great for on and off road. This truck gets up and goes no hesitation. But I would make the dodge level. I don't like the fact that the front of the truck is approx 2 inches lower than the back suspension. I also would maybe put a nicer rim on this vehicle. Also the steering box should be changed in this vehicle. They have been known to cause issues like the death wobble. The slider also needs to be reinforced and a sturdier lock should be used. But I love the body style and comfort of the interior. And the overall appearance and performance of this vehicle. I love the engine sizes you can choose for your lifestyle. Dodge is a very reliable truck. And I chose this vehicle due to reputation of Dodge Ram Tough. I've never had any problems with it.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I am going hell with my Ram Promaster 1500 2015 I purchased 2 and half years. From day one it just has cause problems. Brakes went after 15,000 miles. Dealer (Dodge Ram Central Ave Yonkers NY) said there was nothing with them even though my mechanic told me there was and to bring it back to dealer as for the van was still under warranty. Nevertheless they wouldn’t change them. It cost me $1200 out of my own pocket.

Now for this last 2 weeks my van has been making weird noises, found one of radiator fans was broke so couldn’t use my ac till it was fixed then I was told the part that I need is on national back order and will take 1 -2 months to get. Wow now 2 days the other fan went and van is overheating and the only way I can drive is if I have heat on full blast which is impossible with 80 degree weather. Ram has told me that I shouldn’t drive the van as it could cause more damage. My mechanic has told there is 1400 people waiting for this part. It’s manufactured problem and ram hasn’t even issue a recall.

They won’t give me loaner van. I now have to pay to rent a van $550 a week out of pocket till part is made which could be 1/2 months. They actually can’t give me ETA. I really think this should be looked into. Big corporations shouldn’t be able to get with this. I pay $38000 for this van which I shouldn’t have any problems for least 4/5 Years. Why should I have to pay for rental when’s it’s a manufacturer issue. Please help.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I purchased two 2016 Dodge Ram 3500 in 2017. Had one only a few months and had to have it lined up and dealership had to replace one front tire. Second truck the dealership paid to get it lined up a month after we purchased it. We had it lined up again 6 months later. So now this truck has the two front tires wearing out on the outer thread at about 20,000 miles and 5 months after the last line up. The first truck we purchased has 26,000 miles on it and the front passenger tire (the one replaced a yr ago is wearing out on the outer edge as well. Dealership does not know why this is happening. They say because we did not rotate the tires every 5000 miles (we would have to do this in between oil changes). Then they said it was because we drive around too many curves. (What the heck.)

They want to put these tires on the back inside duels so DOT can ding us on bald tires. They said the back tires are worn a little because of over inflation and we never put air in them since we purchased the truck. They cannot tell us why the tires on these trucks are wearing so now we have to purchase new tires every 20,000 miles or less?? Oh and the first truck has to have ball joints replaced. They do not want to do anything to help and they said the Big Wigs at Dodge says they have no reason to believe that there has been enough issues with these trucks to warrant them doing anything about it. GOOD old USA auto manufacturers. I thought our Ford trucks were a headache but these suck.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I have a 2014 Dodge 1500 Ecodiesel. I have had the injectors rebuilt, the inner cooler replaced. Now they say the turbo boost is bad, the exhaust system had to be cleaned. I only have 50,000 miles on it. Chrysler says they are working with the dealership to resolve the problem. I have had my truck for about 8 days in April. It's in the shop now with no idea when it will be done.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I bought this 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 new in 2001. I'm still driving it and loving it 18 years later. I've had some maintenance but what vehicle wouldn't after 228,000 miles. The maintenance was minimal compared to what it should have been. The 5 year battery in it I installed in 2009 and it's still working in 2018. It doesn't look very good but I don't care. It's the most dependable vehicle I have ever owned.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel is a great truck. No problems. 2015 Ram Cummins. All option heated seats, steering nav, I have used truck to run my farm. I would buy another. Ave 18-19 mph not towing.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Love this van (Dodge Ram Regency Conversion Van). It is very nice to drive. Comfort in any seat you sit in. If you need seating this is your van. Tired, take a nap. The back bench seat folds down and makes a comfortable bed. Plenty of room for whatever you need.

Original review: April 26, 2018

The 2016 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman has exceeded my expectations for a pickup truck. I pull a 8000lb trailer with it and it performs beyond my expectations. Enough power to always have some reserve if needed. Pulled through the Rockies and engine oil and transmission fluid maintained normal temperatures despite working hard. The interior is the best of all the major trucks I looked at prior to purchasing it and the controls are all in locations easy to reach and utilize while driving. The ride is not stiff like the other trucks providing a more comfortable ride and the sway control is excellent which is important for heavy loads and trailering. All at a price $9,000.00 less than its competitors. I would recommend this vehicle to anybody who needs a truck.

Dodge Ram Company Information