2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Shop on Rydeshopper
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.00/5

The Ram pickup is a full-size pickup truck that is marketed as the Ram Trucks brand. Read more Dodge reviews to learn about other models.

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Dodge Ram Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Ram?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Ram?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I've been driving a 2014 Ram Crew Cab (Tradesman) for 10 months. I've done the maintenance and filled the fluids, but had to have Radiator, Cap, Hoses, 6 spark plugs, 2 ignition coils replaced. Then Starter, then Radiator cooling fan. Now the engine is "blown" after driving 12000 city miles! Something smells foul.

Original review: July 21, 2020

I own a 2016 Dodge Ram 2500. I was having transmission problems as a result of a recall on solenoid. I had it replaced 4 times. The first three times I was still under 100k miles. I had transmission rebuilt $3700. Service engine light came on again. Brought it to dealer where they replaced solenoid again. Dealer said truck needs new transmission and cost would be $7900. I asked Dodge for assistance covering parts since it was a result of recall. 2015 truck had 100k warranty and 2016 only 60k which is obviously not long enough. Dodge would not offer any assistance at all. The truck engine is not built to last long.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 29, 2020

Horrible!!! My Dodge 3500 dropped its 4-wheel drive towing 1/3 of the weight it's rated for. It has never been fixed by dealership right since. It's spent over 6 months of the past year at the dealership. I made an appointment. It took two weeks to tell me what's wrong. Now it's been there for 3 months and they "can't figure out how to put parts in and think they need more parts. I've talked with Chrysler corporation which just says it's on the dealership. I've talked to a lawyer now. I've owned Chevy, Ford and Toyota trucks. Never been treated like this. They won't even offer a rental truck. Buy any truck besides a Dodge. Horrible company.

Original review: March 14, 2020

2020 Ram Longhorn seats are uncomfortable and painful. Beautiful truck however, it is undriveable due to the extremely poor seat design. The contour of the seat design hurts the legs and hips and was not thought out whatsoever, which destroys what would be a great truck. It is important to design a seat correctly to make your product driveable, what a complete disappointment and it is unfathomable how this could possibly pass testing. Ram needs to step up and rectify this issue immediately.

Original review: March 12, 2020

This has been a nightmare of gargantuan proportions. I purchased a vehicle, signed the paperwork December 9, 2019. The vehicle was finally delivered to me Friday, December 20th. It was dirty inside when I picked it up and it never worked properly. I took it back to the dealer the following Monday morning (Dec. 23rd). It is now March 11, 2020 and I still do not have a vehicle. The corporate employees I have had to deal with told me things like, they have an unlimited amount of time to decide what to do. They don't return calls in a timely manner. They are trying to get me to take another truck and charge me more, because the special that was running at the time I bought the original truck isn't applicable now. They have offered to trade vehicles for weeks, but haven't agreed to a meeting time to arrange for it.

I have been paying insurance and payments for a vehicle I don't have and they haven't offered to reimburse me for the insurance. I posted on Dealer Rater and BBB in January and it was the only thing that got their attention, so here I am again, hoping to get this settled and, to be honest, I don't want anything to do with Dodge/Chrysler anymore at this point. I just want my money back so I can go elsewhere and purchase a vehicle that works from a dealer that cares. Oh, and the real kicker is that I have since found out that the problem with this model has been known for over four years, the parts to fix it are hard to get and one service tech said he is surprised by one of these vehicles lasting 10,000 miles before the failure occurs. Yet, they are still selling the vehicles. If they are out of warranty when the problem occurs, it costs over $7000 to fix it.

Original review: March 8, 2020

I purchased a brand new 2020 Dodge Ram Super Cab. In the first 47 miles the screen went blank on the 12 inch Uconnect, Power windows didn’t work, air-conditioning didn’t work etc. A few miles later the cruise control goes out of control, Now The adjustable foot pedals won’t adjust, All this happening in less than 500 miles, these things should not be happening on a brand new truck.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

Problems with the truck less than a year after purchasing. Several recalls leaking lights that ruined my interior several work orders done under warranty constant check voltage light and now that I'm out of warranty the transmission is skipping. I'm trying to run a small business and now have to worry about how to pay for Dodge’s shortfalls! I have been a dodge customer for a long time but not anymore. Let's see what bad news will the dealership give me today?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

Bought a 2013 Dodge Ram. At 122000 Mi started to get a lifter tick in it. Took it to the dealer, was told for the amount of $9,000 I needed to replace the engine. Apparently Chrysler released a service bulletins with this very problem I'm here. I have been a loyal Dodge owner for 30 years but to be left out here hanging on here and basically told too bad your $50,000 truck is a piece of junk is disappointing at best. I will never buy a Dodge product ever again.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Ram trucks look good and the 5.7 motor is very strong but transmission is junk along with their wiring harness. I switched from Chevy to ram just because the price for the ram truck was about ten thousand cheaper. That was my mistake and now I'm paying for it. Really do your research and look at reviews but be aware of some reviews that are done by independent companies that the manufacturers pay for. Find the reviews by actual ram truck owners. I will not buy another RAM.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

Have owned 3 Dodge Rams...all had transmission problems and required replacements. All had issues with Limp Mode which is when the vehicle dies while driving. Stay away from these turds...go with the undisputed winner Toyota Tundra.

Dodge Ram Company Information