Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.45/5

Dodge Ram

The Ram pickup is a full-size pickup truck that is marketed as the Ram Trucks brand. Read more Dodge reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

484 Dodge Ram Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I own a 2014 Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel. I gave you my word it has 420.000 miles on it. Towed a 30.000 lb hot shot purchased brand new from Texas. Never stop running. Never put more than $700 for some maintenance. I was passing cars loaded at 85 mph! The Cummins engine are unbelievable strong and powerful. I am a truck driver. 48 years old. 1 million miles. Drove semis, Volvos, Freightliners. Def system complicates things specially in the winter, truck build a little flimsy but I was very lucky maybe. Cummins engine 385 hp. No words for it. Thanks Cummins Indiana! PS, obsessed with maintenance. This truck are for guys with some mechanical understanding. Love it!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I bought my 2016 Dodge Ram 4X4 Cummings diesel used in Coldwater Michigan. I live in Northern Indiana. The truck had 33,000 miles on it. I have had no problems with this truck. Changed the fuel filters when I first got it and did an oil change. The truck runs like a top. I haul a 32 foot travel trailer in the summer months to go camping and it tows so much better than my gas model Ram 2500. It was a 2008. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. Love this truck...

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

This truck is one of my favorite vehicles. I had zero problems with it and the Hemi engine is awesome. My only complaint was that it got pretty bad gas mileage, and this during 2007 and 2008 when gas was 4 something a gallon in Texas. Great truck, fair to good interior, low payload capacity, but towed a trailer well. Nice sounding and fast.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I have 2019 Dodge Ram lease, I’m very satisfied with the vehicle EXCEPT for the touch screen which is so attention distracting that I believe it poses a hazard for drivers. I find myself having to pull off the side of the road to operate features because the system is so complex it’s a distraction. The US Navy is getting rid of touch screens because they feel they are a danger and blame them for two recent vessel collisions. This kind of technology is highly overrated and make the vehicles less safe to drive. Knobs and buttons are easier to to navigate and safer to use. More tech is not always a better idea.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I purchased a new Ram 2500 with a 6.4 liter V8. Truck is WAY overrated. First trans was replaced at 1700 miles. Still didn't shift correctly. I also had alignment issues. Long story short the rear end was crooked causing severe driveability concerns and severe over steering problems FCA could not and did not repair. This package is complete garbage. Stay away from the 6.4. My opinion is max tow capacity for that engine should be around 8500 lbs. This truck was eventually arbitrated and bought back from me with no help from FCA with only 4500 miles. LOST CUSTOMER FOR LIFE!! I was a loyal Dodge customer since 2010 having spent over $240,000 on their vehicles. I now own a new F250. Great job guys!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Ram?

Original review: July 25, 2019

Less than 10000 miles the rubber under the clearance lights had to be replaced. Dealer said they were dry rotted it was causing water to leak into my cab. Truck has a constant shake above 65, dealer says nothing is wrong even though you can visibly watch the passenger seat shake like crazy while driving. 30000 miles water is leaking into my cab again. This time through my rear brake light (with camera). It stained my ceiling which they ended up replacing. Also the paint is severely flawed. It looks like I drive my truck through a gravel pit behind a tractor trailer at 75.

Rockers are rusted inside of door head bubbling rust. Under paint bumper has bubbling rust... what do you think Chrysler says "rock chips". Yeah a rock chip somehow caused rust to bubble under the paint without leaving a chip.... Truck is complete garbage. Don't waste your money. They slap a warranty on it to make you all warm and fuzzy but when there is a problem they don't do anything to fix it. I wish I could give it zero stars.

Original review: June 21, 2019

Purchased this truck new in November 2018. Brought it into dealer for their recall V06 "possible loss of steering control". 7040 miles on it. Dealership performed factory mandated correction of welding the jam nuts in place on the draglink assembly. When I requested the drag link components be replaced with whatever the new trucks coming off the line have, they said their hands were tied by the factory to just weld the adjustment solid. This makes it necessary to grind off the welds for any adjustment in the future, and then re-weld them. This is not acceptable to me.

No one with Chrysler will say how many times this potential cut the welds and re-weld process could be done. No one at Chrysler seems to know if the new trucks coming off their line have the assembly jam nuts welded. No one at Chrysler seems to care about the fact that I now own this truck with a diminished value as a result of this band aid fix, that is no longer adjustable. It is not what I purchased when new and I think it should be repaired to "Like New" condition. I have been told that they are not doing anything further and I am just going to have to accept their fix. I feel I have exhausted any further action with the Ram case management division as they have indicated they have no one with any more authority to consider this problem. Told them I will not be buying any Chrysler products again and got the impression they really don't care.

Original review: June 20, 2019

My 2019 Ram driving freeway at 70MPH suddenly went from 70 to idle. Towed to dealer. Said nothing wrong. Then did it again. Called Chrysler. Nothing. These trucks should be off the road. Lucky to not have been killed. Talked to others going back to 2015 had the same problem. Still no help for them either. Any ideas?

Original review: May 31, 2019

We are a small company that has purchased Dodge Ram 3500 diesels over the past 5-years. The most current two we purchased were in 2018 and they will be the last. We currently have 13 Dodge Ram vehicles with the oldest a 2014; which is our entire fleet. Between the 13-Dodges we now have 50-recalls. For us to decommission a vehicle for a couple of days so the recall can be completed requires a lot of work; costly for us. We must move our crews out of the truck, rent a truck, interrupt our workday, pay overtime, create problems for our client, deal with issues created with USDOT, and on and on which all relates to us losing revenue for our company.

For a small business to have to go through this difficulty for 50-recalls; up to 50-times; let alone all the service problems and mechanical failures with these vehicles, they are extremely excessive and costly to us. We have completed 43 of the 50 recalls to date. Costs are mounting and the recalls keep coming; one at a time. What are they building at Chrysler? What inferior components are they using that creates these recalls and dissatisfied customers like us?

We have called FCA (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles) to discuss and to talk with a supervisor but they are proving very difficult to get hold of. They have only returned one of my calls that was not able to be answered; the message was; that they simply say who they are but they leave no contact information. Calling back to the main number only gets us to the basic "apologies" and they will only take a message for the supervisor; they say that the supervisor has no direct contact number or email; we (ironically) wonder why. They say that the Supervisor will call back in 1-business day; that is not happening. In the past, we loved Dodge Ram; but not anymore. We are currently and actively searching for a new brand; NOT DODGE. We need to replace three trucks this year plus add one more to our fleet.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I took my truck that is a little over a year old in to have the DEF system checked and 2 recalls. We coordinated all of the issues with the dealer prior to arrival. They waited till I was about to pick up the truck to check on the DEF issue and they said they would call me in half an hour. I called 1 hour later and was told that the DEF wiring harness was shot and would not be going anywhere. Not to worry it will be in next Wednesday (this was a Friday). On Tuesday I decided to check and found that it might be Friday. At this point I contacted the Dodge national line and was told that it was definitely in on the following Wednesday.

When I checked the following week, I was told that there we issues and it would now be in on the following Wednesday. When I checked 2 days later, I was told it would be Friday. I like my truck but to wait on a part for 21 days is unreasonable. I am not sure why their system is so broken, but based on their performance, I am not sure I could recommend a Dodge RAM. When you buy a truck like this you buy it because you need it. I haul my trailer to horse shows and do not have an option. I had to rent a truck to drive to a horse show and can only hope that Dodge covers it. They were trying to weasel out of paying for a tuck that is less than the truck that I purchased from them. The national representative has even stopped calling me back.

Dodge Ram Company Information