2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.54/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

The Ram pickup is a full-size pickup truck that is marketed as the Ram Trucks brand. Read more Dodge reviews to learn about other models.

Dodge Ram Reviews

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

The truck is an excellent version this year. Lots of room and very comfortable. The interior is well designed and easy to operate the instrument panels. The handling of the Ram is a bit tough because of the rear of the truck being so light but I've added weight by placing blocks in the bed and covering them easily as not to be seen. The price of the truck is a bit costly. With gas prices rising they should bring the price down. Otherwise the performance and durability are worth the money. I would recommend this truck to all. Go and check it out. You will not be disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Dodge Ram 1500 2014 6cyl 4x4 purchased new. I had two problems with this truck. 1. Cruse control didn't work all the time. 2. Driver side electric window and door lock controller had to be replaced. These were the only problems I had. The transmission started acting up. Not shifting smoothly and lagging. This started after 80,000 accumulated miles. On the positive side this truck was a joy to drive. Easy to handle. Tracked straight and true in all weather conditions. Comfortable cabin that was quiet with an excellent stock stereo sound system. The electronics were easy to use, especially the blue tooth phone system. I drove this truck for a total of 5 years.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

My 2018 Ram Power Wagon has 56,000 miles already, and has not had any issues. While I have driven all Japanese in the past, Jeep and Ram are paying attention to the real customers and making far more interesting products. This makes it hard to compromise and buy a lesser vehicle. Having the most off road capable full size truck in the world is fantastic. The lsd rear diff is perfect for roads. Lock both diffs and disconnect sway bar and good luck getting stuck. The winch, way more handy then you think. The de-rated towing capacity is absurd, and it will squat less and handle more than most heavy duty trucks. The interior, and the small details the Japanese used to think about round out these trucks. Keep up the good work, and keep improving reliability and I will be back for another Power Wagon and a Gladiator to replace our Four Runner.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

My 2006 2500 diesel with the 48RE tranny just didn't do the job. I have three valve bodies replaced in less than 75K miles. Also that little vent that shifted the heater and ac broke. Over $500 to repair. I paid for the first repair. Then it happened again. FCA was kind enough to fix again. I guess they finally got a fix that was not crapping out and fixed right.

2014 3500 diesel SRW was a great truck. Towed my 40' toy hauler from Virginia to Cali. However, I did lose a water pump in Arizona. Would you believe no pump, belt or other parts that got jacked up when best broke lose, 36K miles, were not available in the ENTIRE state of Arizona? Wow. 2017 3500 dually diesel Aisin is a beast. No issues so far 21K miles. However, the Nexen tires have been replaced. Tire separation in less than 20K miles. Why does Ram put crap tires on a truck that cost up to 90K? Installed Bridgestones. Let's see how they hold up. Changed radio to Kenwood. Android Auto works perfect in this aftermarket radio. It also works perfect in my 2018 A4. Android Auto is a great app to use in any vehicle. Learn how to use it to drive safely.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I own a 2014 Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel. I gave you my word it has 420.000 miles on it. Towed a 30.000 lb hot shot purchased brand new from Texas. Never stop running. Never put more than $700 for some maintenance. I was passing cars loaded at 85 mph! The Cummins engine are unbelievable strong and powerful. I am a truck driver. 48 years old. 1 million miles. Drove semis, Volvos, Freightliners. Def system complicates things specially in the winter, truck build a little flimsy but I was very lucky maybe. Cummins engine 385 hp. No words for it. Thanks Cummins Indiana! PS, obsessed with maintenance. This truck are for guys with some mechanical understanding. Love it!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Ram?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I bought this truck used 5 months ago. Nothing but problems. Front brake calipers literally melted. At 80000 miles rotors shot. Someone put wrong antifreeze in it. No heat on driver side. Little heat on pass side. Now in last 2 weeks truck has taken off at full throttle. Only way to stop is turn truck off. Had it looked at 3 codes. High battery output. Throttle control module engine light. Dodge says my floor at made the throttle stick. What a joke. Will never buy another dodge. Poor quality steel. No quality control. 160 dollars diagnostic fee every time you go into their shop. Dodge YOU are a joke. Going 2800 to replace heater core. Ha. Not in this lifetime.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I love this truck. I chose it over the Ford, Chevy, and Toyota. I loved the styling and the fact that it was 4 wheel drive on demand. The interior is excellent. So far the car has held up for me. I purchased it with 10,000 miles and now have 110,000 miles.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Bought Ram 1500 Ecodiesel Laramie three years ago and absolutely no issues. Great vehicle; tows a large bass fishing boat up hills with ease. Excellent fuel mileage. Smoother ride than most sedans and other SUVS I have traveled in. Great sound system.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Comfortable to ride no matter how far. Feels safe and solid. Toss anything we would like. Seems to be made very well. Looks good and when purchased had no rust like comparable Fords. The fords all had rust on frame and the Ram didnt. Overall better quality with the ram than with other brands drove. Seems more solid than the others.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Love the truck but hated the dealership. The only reason our new RAM received a 4 out of 5 is the electronic's. Most manufacturers include the electronic's for free and Doge makes you pay either a monthly or yearly fee.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Dodge Ram Company Information