3.3/5 (2100 ratings)
Shop Now on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Dodge Ram

The Ram pickup is a full-size pickup truck that is marketed as the Ram Trucks brand. Read more Dodge reviews to learn about other models.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Dodge Ram Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Ram?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Ram?

Original review: April 11, 2022

This is my third Ram pickup. I have always been very pleased with these trucks until now. The first problem was the "hemi-tap" which I first thought was a sticking valve problem. None of the usual valve treatments worked and the problem got worse. I did some research and found that the tap was the result of warping of the exhaust manifolds resulting in the the manifold bolt heads snapping off at the block. The bolts had to be drilled and the block re-tapped for a new bolt. Apparently, the manifolds are not properly cast - they are "green." In other words they are cheaply manufactured, probably in China. Moreover, if not repaired, it can cause engine damage. This cost me about $1,000 to replace two bolts, and I am just waiting for the next bolt to snap. This problem has been known to Dodge for years and they have done nothing to fix it, and have not had a recall.

The next problem is the air suspension system - an expensive "luxury add-on" which does not work in cold weather. When the system fails, and it does so with increasing frequency, the truck seems to be riding on the rubber axel stops and becomes difficult to control on an uneven surface. This is a serious safety problem which from my research has been around since at least 2013. Again, Dodge doesn't care. Today, I made arrangements to replace the air suspension system with Monroe shocks. The parts will cost about $600, but I will have to find someone to do the work at a reasonable price. I have purchased my last Dodge vehicle because Dodge obviously will not stand behind their products.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

I purchased my Ram truck, new in September of 2021. Within a few months of owning it and just under 7,000 miles I started having vibration/drivability issues. My truck has been in the shop for the same issue approximately 9 times in the past year. I started a claim with Stellantis (Owns FCA) towards the beginning of December 2021 after several weeks of waiting I received an offer to buy back my defective truck.

The offer I received to buy back my truck was far from satisfactory and would leave me still owing approximately $16,000 on my loan. I was then offered a cash and keep option, $4,000 and a CDI code (employee pricing). I countered with $5,000 and the CDI code to which they accepted. However, come to find out there are no dealerships willing to honor that CDI code on inventory already in transit or currently on their lot.

I was told by multiple dealers of the RAM brand that if I wanted to use this code and receive a new truck at the employee pricing I would have to order something and wait at least 60-90 days, if not longer. I am now expected to continue driving an unsafe defective truck that the dealership has been unable to determine what is causing the issue, putting my family and I in harm's way from a potential failure.

I have been a loyal Ram/Jeep owner for the past several years and always appreciated how well the customer service was and the fact that they stood behind their brand. It is absolutely absurd to me that a company would not stand behind their brand in this case. How a company can expect a customer to continue driving and paying for a defective vehicle, take a loss on the buy back of their defective product, or accept a cash and keep option with a CDI code that cannot be immediately used to help a family get into a safe vehicle is absurd! The fact that Stellantis is okay with this vehicle remaining in service with the safety and drivability issues it has is extremely disheartening.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

Dodge Ram has been my dream truck for years. I finally was in a financially sound enough situation. I could afford one, brand new, off the lot. I researched for one in my price range with most of the features I wanted within my price range. I decided on a 2022 Ram 1500 quad cab. 7 miles on it when I went to the dealership. I was so excited when they handed me those keys after I signed the papers! I drove off the lot Saturday evening, took my wife to dinner, drove the truck to work. On Sunday I started the truck and the check engine light came on. The dealership was closed on Sunday so I took it back Monday. They told me it was a cylinder 4 misfire due to an injector being stuck in the open position so they replaced it. I got the truck back Tuesday. I drove to the grocery store and home.

Wednesday, I got up and went to run an errand. I started the truck and the check engine light was on once again. I took it back to the dealership. It's now Tuesday and I haven't seen my truck since I dropped it off. I reached out to Chrysler multiple times, reached out to the dealership who said they were waiting for Chrysler, Chrysler said they were sending a tech out which they have yet to do because they were waiting to hear from the dealership. It has just been a complete disaster at this point of back and forth and I am making payments on a truck I'm not even able to drive. The customer service I've received from both ends is less than acceptable and I would not recommend purchasing a vehicle from Chrysler nor will I be doing this again.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

Dodge Ram - WARNING - If you have a 2019 or 2020 Dodge Ram Diesel. GET RID OF IT. Our 2019 with less than 30,000 miles has been at the dealership for 45 days now with NO RESOLUTION. We were stranded on the Interstate for two hours - IT JUST DIED AS WE WERE DOING 75MPH, - we are blessed no one was right behind us. The "warranty" that is supposed to be top rated is useless. The case managers, supervisors, do not return calls and the poor dealership service managers are left to deal with things that the "engineers" don't know how to fix.

The fuel pump recall doesn't have a fix and there is no fix for all the damage that comes when the fuel pump goes out and sends metal shavings all through injection system. Our last update after 45 days (and paying two truck notes) is that "STAR" engineers have no idea how to fix this damage. We have been without a vehicle all this time. SO IF YOU HAVE ONE OF THESE, GET RID OF IT BEFORE YOU ARE LEFT IN A MESS LIKE THIS!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I've been driving a 2014 Ram Crew Cab (Tradesman) for 10 months. I've done the maintenance and filled the fluids, but had to have Radiator, Cap, Hoses, 6 spark plugs, 2 ignition coils replaced. Then Starter, then Radiator cooling fan. Now the engine is "blown" after driving 12000 city miles! Something smells foul.

Original review: July 21, 2020

I own a 2016 Dodge Ram 2500. I was having transmission problems as a result of a recall on solenoid. I had it replaced 4 times. The first three times I was still under 100k miles. I had transmission rebuilt $3700. Service engine light came on again. Brought it to dealer where they replaced solenoid again. Dealer said truck needs new transmission and cost would be $7900. I asked Dodge for assistance covering parts since it was a result of recall. 2015 truck had 100k warranty and 2016 only 60k which is obviously not long enough. Dodge would not offer any assistance at all. The truck engine is not built to last long.

Original review: April 29, 2020

Horrible!!! My Dodge 3500 dropped its 4-wheel drive towing 1/3 of the weight it's rated for. It has never been fixed by dealership right since. It's spent over 6 months of the past year at the dealership. I made an appointment. It took two weeks to tell me what's wrong. Now it's been there for 3 months and they "can't figure out how to put parts in and think they need more parts. I've talked with Chrysler corporation which just says it's on the dealership. I've talked to a lawyer now. I've owned Chevy, Ford and Toyota trucks. Never been treated like this. They won't even offer a rental truck. Buy any truck besides a Dodge. Horrible company.

Original review: March 14, 2020

2020 Ram Longhorn seats are uncomfortable and painful. Beautiful truck however, it is undriveable due to the extremely poor seat design. The contour of the seat design hurts the legs and hips and was not thought out whatsoever, which destroys what would be a great truck. It is important to design a seat correctly to make your product driveable, what a complete disappointment and it is unfathomable how this could possibly pass testing. Ram needs to step up and rectify this issue immediately.

Original review: March 12, 2020

This has been a nightmare of gargantuan proportions. I purchased a vehicle, signed the paperwork December 9, 2019. The vehicle was finally delivered to me Friday, December 20th. It was dirty inside when I picked it up and it never worked properly. I took it back to the dealer the following Monday morning (Dec. 23rd). It is now March 11, 2020 and I still do not have a vehicle. The corporate employees I have had to deal with told me things like, they have an unlimited amount of time to decide what to do. They don't return calls in a timely manner. They are trying to get me to take another truck and charge me more, because the special that was running at the time I bought the original truck isn't applicable now. They have offered to trade vehicles for weeks, but haven't agreed to a meeting time to arrange for it.

I have been paying insurance and payments for a vehicle I don't have and they haven't offered to reimburse me for the insurance. I posted on Dealer Rater and BBB in January and it was the only thing that got their attention, so here I am again, hoping to get this settled and, to be honest, I don't want anything to do with Dodge/Chrysler anymore at this point. I just want my money back so I can go elsewhere and purchase a vehicle that works from a dealer that cares. Oh, and the real kicker is that I have since found out that the problem with this model has been known for over four years, the parts to fix it are hard to get and one service tech said he is surprised by one of these vehicles lasting 10,000 miles before the failure occurs. Yet, they are still selling the vehicles. If they are out of warranty when the problem occurs, it costs over $7000 to fix it.

Original review: March 8, 2020

I purchased a brand new 2020 Dodge Ram Super Cab. In the first 47 miles the screen went blank on the 12 inch Uconnect, Power windows didn’t work, air-conditioning didn’t work etc. A few miles later the cruise control goes out of control, Now The adjustable foot pedals won’t adjust, All this happening in less than 500 miles, these things should not be happening on a brand new truck.

Dodge Ram Company Information