Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.42/5

Dodge Ram

The Ram pickup is a full-size pickup truck that is marketed as the Ram Trucks brand. Read more Dodge reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

478 Dodge Ram Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I own a 2014 Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel. I gave you my word it has 420.000 miles on it. Towed a 30.000 lb hot shot purchased brand new from Texas. Never stop running. Never put more than $700 for some maintenance. I was passing cars loaded at 85 mph! The Cummins engine are unbelievable strong and powerful. I am a truck driver. 48 years old. 1 million miles. Drove semis, Volvos, Freightliners. Def system complicates things specially in the winter, truck build a little flimsy but I was very lucky maybe. Cummins engine 385 hp. No words for it. Thanks Cummins Indiana! PS, obsessed with maintenance. This truck are for guys with some mechanical understanding. Love it!

Original review: June 19, 2018

Love Dodge Ram. Love the color and the height. Really Tall. Bigger than most vehicles on the road. The dogs and the children love it as well. I also have to fight my husband to drive it day to day. May get another one of the Rams when it is time to upgrade. A newer one would have been great. There seems to be more of them just like mine on the road no matter where I go. Also, wish I would have bought it in black. Think my daughter will try to take it from me. I also don't like the Interior. The interior should be black. Lacks upgraded equipment as well. Would like a better stereo. Lastly, hard to read the speedometer during the day.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Dodge is now my favorite over all the rest. It always started and ran good and I never had any problems with it. I liked the style and the fact that it was a diesel. I liked that it had a full back seat that my dogs could fit in comfortably. I liked the electric windows and seats and the rear window defrost was nice because my dogs tended to fog it up. I chose it because I liked the way it looked but I liked it so much that I'll get another one if I get a chance. It was very reliable and was the best truck I ever owned. I loved my truck. It was perfect to me.

Original review: June 9, 2018

The truck was purchased used from the second owner, so it has some issues. Overall though, it is a good truck. It has not had any major mechanical problems, only minor ones. The truck always runs, is very reliable and dependable. Also, the price was right for what we could afford at the time. It was in good shape for the year. The dash was in one piece, which is unusual for a used truck. Normally, the dashes are cracked and broken from the sun and heat. The title was clear. We ended up making a new friend as well. I like that the truck is blue plus it is a basic model. It has manual locks and windows. It is just a good work truck.

However, the heater comes on when you press the brake, so it has to be disabled during the summer. Also, before the brakes get warmed up, be careful and slowly press them or you may end up hitting your head on the steering wheel. Once they warm up, they are like normal brakes though. The windshield needs to be replaced because it is cracked as well.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I purchased a Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab. And I love this truck. It rides smooth. This truck is great for on and off road. This truck gets up and goes no hesitation. But I would make the dodge level. I don't like the fact that the front of the truck is approx 2 inches lower than the back suspension. I also would maybe put a nicer rim on this vehicle. Also the steering box should be changed in this vehicle. They have been known to cause issues like the death wobble. The slider also needs to be reinforced and a sturdier lock should be used. But I love the body style and comfort of the interior. And the overall appearance and performance of this vehicle. I love the engine sizes you can choose for your lifestyle. Dodge is a very reliable truck. And I chose this vehicle due to reputation of Dodge Ram Tough. I've never had any problems with it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Ram?

Original review: May 18, 2019

I took my truck that is a little over a year old in to have the DEF system checked and 2 recalls. We coordinated all of the issues with the dealer prior to arrival. They waited till I was about to pick up the truck to check on the DEF issue and they said they would call me in half an hour. I called 1 hour later and was told that the DEF wiring harness was shot and would not be going anywhere. Not to worry it will be in next Wednesday (this was a Friday). On Tuesday I decided to check and found that it might be Friday. At this point I contacted the Dodge national line and was told that it was definitely in on the following Wednesday.

When I checked the following week, I was told that there we issues and it would now be in on the following Wednesday. When I checked 2 days later, I was told it would be Friday. I like my truck but to wait on a part for 21 days is unreasonable. I am not sure why their system is so broken, but based on their performance, I am not sure I could recommend a Dodge RAM. When you buy a truck like this you buy it because you need it. I haul my trailer to horse shows and do not have an option. I had to rent a truck to drive to a horse show and can only hope that Dodge covers it. They were trying to weasel out of paying for a tuck that is less than the truck that I purchased from them. The national representative has even stopped calling me back.

Original review: April 28, 2019

14 recalls (COME ON MAN). Dodge dealer replaced trans 75,000. Purchased at 81,000. Trans went out in driveway at 101,000. Never hauled or towed anything more than 2 people. Dodge did not pay for trans valve body. Dodge charged me $33.00 a quart at 8 quarts for trans fluid that lasted 25,000. Call your favorite trans tech, ask. STAY AWAY.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Diesel engine blown out at 65K. Bought the DODGE RAM 1500 brand new in 2016. Thought the Diesel engine would give us great long-term service - after all we have Dodge trucks as old as 2003 on the road for our contracting company. We do NOT do heavy loads nor towing, they are Quad cabs basically light hauling & crew taxi. Regular service and only 1 previous issue with mass air sensor $800 of that at dealership. The other morning, truck started normal, drive 5 miles to fuel up. Tried to start after fueling, big noise and that was it. Engine blown. Now waiting 6 days to see what they are going to do. 35,000 miles left on factory warranty and they are leaving us with no truck and guessing...

Original review: March 13, 2019

We purchased a new Dodge Ram 1500, Big Horn Edition, complete towing package/navigation. It has been in the dealer shop, quite a few times, more than any vehicle I have ever owned, navigation issues, tires worn out in 15,000 miles, can’t even roll down our back passenger windows without having your eardrums broken, the noise is horrendous, they say it fine, don’t roll down window. First time we opened rear window on cab, wouldn’t close, got everything in cab wet, they finally replaced cable after the third time at dealer, and I let “Everyone” in the dealership know of my disdain for my new truck.

I have ticking issues now in my engine, they say it's fine, it's not!!! Then they checked my in cab filter during oil change, and they broke my filter box, I found pieces on floor after the oil change, they didn’t tell me, I went right back in with pieces in my hand, and they said, "We will have to pull the whole dash out to fix/ replace it!" I still am furious about this, I duct taped it all. Paint is so thin, I have chips in paint all over front, and sides!!! I had a 2009 Dodge Ram, with the 360 cu in in it, had 320,000 miles on it, only repair was a intake gasket and transmission valve replaced... NEW Is Not Better... Paid over $55,000 for a piece of junk, will never own another Dodge Ram again, I am done with bad trucks, bad service... Very frustrated.

Original review: March 12, 2019

The only good part of my $53000 MSRP 2014 Longhorn is the look, everything else is crap. First warranty transmission replaced at 50000 miles. Second transmission replacement at 98000. Yep I was so lucky. First shift issues in 4WD about 25k in. Flywheel cracked at 110k. Hand (foot) brake issues at 111k. Console light started blinking at 50k. Remote start died at 80k. Backup camera works on and off since 60k. Fuel gauge which is inside the fuel pump was replaced at 90k. Now Remote door lock does not open doors Everytime. (Key and battery are fine.) I have been hoping that each repair is the last, however stuff just keeps breaking. Total junk.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I have been a brand loyalist since 1986. This is my 6th RAM truck. We factory ordered a 2018 2500 HD 6.4 SLT with the options we wanted and needed for towing. Truck was delivered 12/2017. The day after delivery we noticed an abnormal start up noise from the engine compartment. With less than 100 miles we took it into a local dealer for inspection. After 7 inspection, demonstration and repair visits. 21 days in service and 8 months of driving with a monoxide sensor on the dash. FCA determined that the truck exhaust leak could not be fixed. They offered to replace the truck or refund our money. We elected to order an exact replacement truck. Frankly, other than the exhaust leak, this is the best RAM truck we have owned. All other functions, features, performance and comfort are 5 star. We received the replacement truck 1/2019.

At 80-100 miles the replacement truck developed the same noise. FCA, Ramcares and our dealer found it hard to believe that one customer could receive 2 factory defects for exhaust leak. We have asked FCA and our dealer to repair the leak. We are not going to order another truck or take our money back. This truck is going to be fixed. At this time we have not received a response to our request for repair. We have done a full investigation of this issue/problem. It is a known problem on some 2500 HD 6.4 trucks. The cause is in part the assembly process and in part the design and parts quality. We have gotten some great intelligent help from MOPAR parts people, RAM techs and the internet. We have decided to order the repair parts and have a qualified outside tech repair the truck properly at our expense.

We will address FCA-RAM when the repairs are completed. Dodge-RAM has come a long way in product quality and customer satisfaction over the last 30 years. I believe the company's recent decision to have the head of RAM focus only on the RAM Brand will result in correction of these type of quality problems. However, senior management needs to get out in the field and engage the reputational risk that the brand is experiencing. The vendor parts quality issues and assembly issues can be fixed.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

My husband bought this hunk of junk about a week ago & it is the most uncomfortable, ugliest, worst made vehicle I have ever been in. Including being a teenager with old used bombs. It has already been stuck in park, handles horribly, & my back has not stopped hurting since I got in it. I drove it a couple of hours, have been out of it 6 hrs & still in pain. No lumbar support, power seats, heated seats, not even a CD player. Cheap plastic interior & cloth seats that don’t clean. No insulation you can hear every other vehicle motor on the road, & its transmission sounds like an ambulance whining. It needs to go over a cliff. No amenities at all just a big bright screen for the radio which gives you a headache. Needless to say it sounds terrible. Not worth $400. Will get rid of it right away.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Def issue. Pump fail, I spend around 2000 dollar and replaced it. After few days engine light came on again and sensor not communicating with gauge. Now mechanic told me that def tank need to be replaced. All mechanics saying that there is lots of problem with Ram 1500 EcoDiesel trucks but why Dodge is not recalling?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

3rd Brake light gasket - A problem that a lot of previous owners have experience. You would think that Ram would have address this problem years ago. These gaskets shouldn’t be falling this soon! This was my first experience with a Ram truck and it will be my last.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Worst vehicle I ever owned. Terrible purchase experience from Dodge dealership in Conroe, TX and nothing but ongoing issues since day 1. In fact, even got home the day I picked it up from the dealer. Left parking lot onto street and had to return to drop in service department for two weeks. Rear window won't roll up, rack & pinion stripped gears, start button stuck and can't turn vehicle off, paint flaking off roof, alignment way off and won't stay put, drooping driver's side visor, radio drifts and changes functions when hot, shifting problems, map lights failed, leaking 3rd brake light, rear pinion seal leaking. Total lemon. Dodge won't take back. Dealer told me to stop bringing it in after 12 trips to shop in 3 years. Arbitration service said no warranty as long as vehicle is drivable. Dodge customer service said no warranty if vehicle kept outdoors. Run far and fast from Dodge. Total Garbage and Waste of $40K.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

My 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 has sat at the dealership for eight months now (since 5-10-2018). Not only was my claim within the 10 years and 100,000 miles, it could have caused a deadly accident. I just wanted the damage fixed. After eight months and the value dropping even further they completely denied the claim and would not even assist with some type of discount. My truck is inoperable and I paid $48,000 10 years ago. Now I am left with nothing and no recourse. If I have learned anything it is never buy from this company.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I purchased a 2017 Ram 3500 crew cab dually Laramie edition for my hauling business. Within the first week I was at the dealer with a complaint about wind noise coming through the back cab. They sent me to their glass department where I was told the back window wasn’t properly set from the factory. They said they have seen this before and the only way to fix it was they remove the back window and replace it. Being that the truck was only a week old I was extremely hesitant but agreed to the repair. Two weeks later I was back with the same problem and now when it rained water would come in and drop down the rear seat.

I took it to another Ram dealer and this time was told after several test drives with their body technicians that the seams on the back of the cab were not formed together correctly and that’s where the wind noise was coming from not the rear window. Their solution for the repair was to remove the bed, fix the seams, repaint the back cab and then reinstall the bed. They would also take out the rear window once again and try and reseal it. I declined the repair and will be trading my brand new 68k truck in for a different brand. I have called Ram advanced support team and they have refused to take the truck back and give me another one. They said I must go through the repair process before they will discuss any further options.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I bought my 2016 Dodge Ram 4X4 Cummings diesel used in Coldwater Michigan. I live in Northern Indiana. The truck had 33,000 miles on it. I have had no problems with this truck. Changed the fuel filters when I first got it and did an oil change. The truck runs like a top. I haul a 32 foot travel trailer in the summer months to go camping and it tows so much better than my gas model Ram 2500. It was a 2008. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. Love this truck...

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

We purchased our 2019 Dodge Ram Lone Star on Labor Day of 2018, from All-Star Dodge in Canyon, TX. We live on 3 miles of dirt road, out in the country! The cab of our NEW pickup fills up with dirt every time we go down it! So much it’s suffocating! I’ve taken our truck to All-Star and they took pictures and they sent them into Chrysler, but they said the doors looked completely sealed. Since then I’ve sent MORE pictures and a video to Salvador at All-Star and still nothing is being done!???

My advice, don’t buy one of these, if you’re going to be driving it on dirt roads!! That’s pretty much why we own/buy trucks, because we live on a dirt road!! We own Fords and have owned Chevys and NEVER have we had dirt filling the cab, of our other pickups anytime!! Oh and I’m VERY OCD, about keeping my vehicles clean, at all times and I CAN’T KEEP THIS ONE CLEAN, AT ALL ON THE INSIDE!! We’ve had this truck starting January 1, 2019 goin' on 5 months, that being said! I’ve been inhaling all the dirt and continue to, all this time and have been sneezing, coughing and dealing with sinus infections, from this crap!

I’m headed back to Amarillo today 12-29-18, so YES I’m going to All-Star Dodge AGAIN & gonna see about getting someone higher up the ladder or having Salvador call someone higher than him!! Sick of this crap!! Oh yes and the trucks under warranty and I’ve already heard that All-Star Dodge will not/do not stand behind their word of, “We will take care of our customers!” So DON’T SHOP THERE!!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

The Android Auto does not allow you to send a text message without taking your eyes off the road to touch the screen to activate the texting option. My 2017 made it possible to activate a text message from the steering wheel control without taking your eyes off the road, the 2019 is a step backwards in my opinion, moreover, if I had know this was going to be the only way to send a text message, I would not have purchased this truck.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

April 2017 I purchased a 2006 Dodge Ram from Mak Haik. In June 2018 the wheel separated from the vehicle sending the vehicle into a few flips. The airbags never deployed for me the driver or my passenger.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Bought new 2500 Crew. 6.4 on spec sheet. Used 2qts of oil doing break-in, continued to smoke at startup, Gets 8mpg. Dealer said all is normal! Worst truck I have ever owned. Traded back to Chevy. Expensive lesson. Come to find out they cost same as Ford and Chevy new but when it's time to trade Ram, no one wants them. Lesson learned. Never again!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I have never owned a bigger heap of junk. I bought a 2014 Ram 2500 diesel brand new with 249 kilometers on it and at 300 it went in because the 3rd brake light on roof filled with water shorted out and caught fire. Truck was 2 days old. Had to rent a car while being fixed. Then ever since that issue it has broke down every 1000 kilometers since. As of today (December 7, 2018) truck has had over a hundred repairs. On its 5th set of new tires second complete set of brakes oil pan has fell off twice trans pan once. Track bar 3 times now. Two front ends and endless wiring issues. Now if all that isn't enough apparently they need constant 150$ radio updates and it doesn't let you know. Just one day doesn't start.

Tried lemon law and they don't cover anything larger than 1500. Tried trade in. It's worthless. This truck has scared me to not ever buy another new vehicle again. It's been replaced with a 1980 Chevrolet K30. My paperwork I built for the lawyer handling my case on truck is over an 1-1/4" thick. If you ever thought about what it's like to own a Dodge let me tell you. I'd rather run through a live minefield wearing snowshoes and get a kick to groin repeatedly for an hour than buy or ride in another fiat deathtrap.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Five Star Dodge Warner Robins - I brought my 14' Ram 1500 to their service dept 10 separate times to fix my cruise control. With every visit I was greeted as an inconvenience each time until the second to last where Jay who I perceived to have been helpful until I went for the last time. He told me I was square and would not be charged for the repairs due to 99% of the problems being due to lazy mechanics. I was charged $500+ to have the repairs accomplished. Hindsight I shouldn't have given them a dime but I wanted to be done with this dealership as soon as possible. You will have better luck going anywhere but here. I personally have a biased against Dodge in general after this experience and will probably go to another brand.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Love the powerful engine, but not worth the headaches. Tons of recalls... 3 in the last week!!! Brought truck in for its first tire rotation and the mechanic asked if I had been in an accident as the entire truck bed is nearly 2” out of alignment (shifted to the left) with the front cab! Radio, navigation system, AND hands-free phone system all started to glitch at 48, 000 miles. Would cost over $700 to replace. The body looks beautiful, but dents much easier than ANY of my trucks... I’ve owned GMC and FORD prior to purchasing my RAM. Very frustrated with all the service issues and not having a navigation system that was quite pricey!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I bought a 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie 4X4 Long Horn ECO DIESEL 3.0. I drove it from Minneapolis St. Paul to MS. I loved the truck, but after 2 weeks, My engine light came on and then I received a warning message stating that my truck would not start after 110 miles. Dodge informed me that the DEF pump was bad and it was going to cost me $2900 plus tax to get it fix. The truck has 150K on it. It has been in the shop more than in my drive garage. I asked other guys about their experience with the DEF pump, and they told me that they deleted it. I asked Dodge about deleting it but they said that it was illegal. So if it's illegal, and their pump is bad, shouldn't Dodge pay for it? It's not my fault or any other ECODIESEL driver's fault that they manufactured a faulting part. I think I'm going to put a sign on my doors that read "DON'T BUY A DODGE...THEY WILL BREAK YOUR BANK".

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I been trying to have my Dodge Ram Truck 2012 fixed since earlier this year. Each time I bring the Ram to shop I been told it cannot be repaired because the part for the recall is not available. Each time I call a case is open up and a few days or weeks later the case is closed for one or another reason. The last case was open on 11/9 and I was instructed to bring the Ram to the shop. My son went to the local Dodge Country Dealer, and was told the part is not available till Feb. 2019 and there is nothing they can do. Meanwhile the Ram make a terrible noise after the gear jumps out on low speed, intersections or red lights and no one will touch it to see what the problem is because of the recall.

Mrs. **, a manager, called and stated after her research between the Dodge Dealer and the Parts Department at Dodge, that recall part is only shipped out in a number of 5 and only every 7 days. We are on the list at the Dodge Country dealership but this does not help much because even that Dodge Dealer states there so many trucks and not enough parts. This is not acceptable and I request that something is done. I have a 2012 Dodge Ram Truck with a bit over 63000 miles and I am barely driving it because of the concern to cause more damage to the transmission. It seems that Dodge customer service does and cannot assist with this issue. I send letters, called, posted on the Dodge website and all I get is: "Sorry there is nothing we can do back because Mopar Parts does not ship more than 5 parts at the time."

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I purchased my 2015 Dodge Ram Eco Diesel from a custom build on Dodge website. To date my truck has been in the service shop in excess of over a 100 days. In fact it had to be towed on Thursday due to another problem. Dodge or should I say Chrysler Canada has been zero help. Getting a case manager from Dodge is a complete waste of time. Do NOT buy a Dodge. I rely on my trucks for work as I am in construction - the most unreliable vehicle ever - the service departments are equally terrible especially Harris Dodge. Always multiple visits and they never seem to fix the problems. I am by no means exaggerating by anything other than a Dodge!!!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Bought a new 6.7 Cummins Ram 2017 5500 from dealer. Use the vehicle for transporting boats and freight. Stay on top of all my maintenance and the motor has dropped a valve seat at 144k miles. I don't pay 52k for a vehicle and the motor to drop a valve seat in motor. Gonna cost me 10 to 15k to repair motor. Any motor should last long than 144k. If they can't build a motor better than that I will not be buying anymore Ram trucks. I have 2 Rams right now. A 4500 and 5500.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I purchased 2015 Dodge Ram last December with about 30,000, miles on it. Since then it has had FOUR safety recalls and the major recall on the power steering is being ignored. My local auto mechanic told me to see recall number - 16-U-167, but Dodge is stating there is "no recall on this repair" which just cost me over $2,700. I asked to cover at least half the cost of this repair. Rick ** at Christopher Dodge, agreed that this type of repair should not happen at low millage if at all, but they refused make amends and sent me to Dodge. I see a recall (note below) on the internet, but they should be standing behind their product either way. IF the power steering had gone out while I was driving I could have been killed. This will be my last Dodge. https://repairpal.com/recall/16V167000.

Summary: Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain model year 2015-2016 Ram 1500 trucks manufactured January 22, 2015, to September 13, 2015. Contamination on the Electric Power Steering (EPS) control circuit board may cause a short and result in the loss of power steering assist. Any advice would be appreciated.

Dodge Ram Company Information