3.44/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Dodge Ram

The Ram pickup is a full-size pickup truck that is marketed as the Ram Trucks brand. Read more Dodge reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Dodge Ram Reviews

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

My 2006 2500 diesel with the 48RE tranny just didn't do the job. I have three valve bodies replaced in less than 75K miles. Also that little vent that shifted the heater and ac broke. Over $500 to repair. I paid for the first repair. Then it happened again. FCA was kind enough to fix again. I guess they finally got a fix that was not crapping out and fixed right.

2014 3500 diesel SRW was a great truck. Towed my 40' toy hauler from Virginia to Cali. However, I did lose a water pump in Arizona. Would you believe no pump, belt or other parts that got jacked up when best broke lose, 36K miles, were not available in the ENTIRE state of Arizona? Wow. 2017 3500 dually diesel Aisin is a beast. No issues so far 21K miles. However, the Nexen tires have been replaced. Tire separation in less than 20K miles. Why does Ram put crap tires on a truck that cost up to 90K? Installed Bridgestones. Let's see how they hold up. Changed radio to Kenwood. Android Auto works perfect in this aftermarket radio. It also works perfect in my 2018 A4. Android Auto is a great app to use in any vehicle. Learn how to use it to drive safely.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I own a 2014 Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel. I gave you my word it has 420.000 miles on it. Towed a 30.000 lb hot shot purchased brand new from Texas. Never stop running. Never put more than $700 for some maintenance. I was passing cars loaded at 85 mph! The Cummins engine are unbelievable strong and powerful. I am a truck driver. 48 years old. 1 million miles. Drove semis, Volvos, Freightliners. Def system complicates things specially in the winter, truck build a little flimsy but I was very lucky maybe. Cummins engine 385 hp. No words for it. Thanks Cummins Indiana! PS, obsessed with maintenance. This truck are for guys with some mechanical understanding. Love it!

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I bought my 2016 Dodge Ram 4X4 Cummings diesel used in Coldwater Michigan. I live in Northern Indiana. The truck had 33,000 miles on it. I have had no problems with this truck. Changed the fuel filters when I first got it and did an oil change. The truck runs like a top. I haul a 32 foot travel trailer in the summer months to go camping and it tows so much better than my gas model Ram 2500. It was a 2008. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. Love this truck...

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Dodge Ram Rebel 1500. Purchased from Key Dodge, Lebanon, New Hampshire. Dodge Ram has in floor storage beneath rear passenger feet on both sides of the vehicle. Driving down a dirt road stick or branch kicked up. Broke plastic in floor bin/storage into interior of vehicle. Stopped by Key dealership to inquire as to pricing for parts. Was led to believe damage was indeed covered under warranty. Vehicle brought to dealership the next day and received a call two hours later after inspection of vehicle and informed that warranty would not cover damage.

In order to do repairs for bin/storage the entire floor carpeting needs to be replaced. Interior of vehicle now is able to be exposed to outside elements i.e. road salt, dirt. Bad design flaw for an off-road capable vehicle plastic bin exposed on underbody of vehicle where road debris most certainly come into contact with said bin. Maybe some metal guard over bin or different bin/storage construction.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Purchased 2019 RAM 3500 DRW Limited HD High Output Cummins with Aisin Transmission in April 2019 - one of the first deliveries of said truck. In August 2019 (approx 16k miles) Left Front Speed Sensor was replaced as it was throwing error messages - FCW system unavailable, service immediately; 4wd Temporarily unavailable, service immediately; Electronic Stabilization Control unavailable, service required; Trailer brake system service required; ABS service required.

2 weeks later, same error messages, and ABS module was replaced. 2 weeks later, same error messages, dealership cleared codes and could not replicate. Went on 1600+ mile road trip. Returned home, 13 days after last visit to dealership, same error messages. As of today, dealership says cannot replicate - currently truck is on day 7 at dealership for 4th visit. Chrysler says maybe software update needed. ANYONE out there with challenges on 2019 RAM HD's? IMO, this is unacceptable. I just want it fixed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Ram?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

This is the 3rd time I have had my truck in to have the rear tire wear repaired. I put tires on the rear and 7000 miles later they are worn just above the wear bars. FCA is the division of Chrysler that Manufactures the Ram since it was take from Dodge in 2010. I have replaced the tires at 22,000 and the rear tires are over half worn and the fronts are still new. FCA customer care will not pay to find out what is causing the problem. I am selling the truck so I don't have to replace the tires every 9,000 miles at a coast of $200 per tire.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I have a 2019 Dodge Ram 3500 for 5 months now. I also use my truck for work and had a incident in Pennsylvania. I was told parts will be in 2-3 business days! Then 5 days later I was told parts are on back order up to January. I cannot work due to no parts to replace...Brand New Truck and no parts for it!! Also, I have a Case Manager and she said she has a Expedited Team looking into it. Now, it has been 13 days and still need the same 3 parts. There is no guarantee on any parts. I've asked for a replacement truck and still no answer!!!! But I cannot make a vehicle payment now due to no replacement parts or vehicle for work.. Next it will be I Can't Pay My Bills.. They still expect me to make a car payment though... This is not good customer service!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I have 2019 Dodge Ram lease, I’m very satisfied with the vehicle EXCEPT for the touch screen which is so attention distracting that I believe it poses a hazard for drivers. I find myself having to pull off the side of the road to operate features because the system is so complex it’s a distraction. The US Navy is getting rid of touch screens because they feel they are a danger and blame them for two recent vessel collisions. This kind of technology is highly overrated and make the vehicles less safe to drive. Knobs and buttons are easier to to navigate and safer to use. More tech is not always a better idea.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I purchased a new Ram 2500 with a 6.4 liter V8. Truck is WAY overrated. First trans was replaced at 1700 miles. Still didn't shift correctly. I also had alignment issues. Long story short the rear end was crooked causing severe driveability concerns and severe over steering problems FCA could not and did not repair. This package is complete garbage. Stay away from the 6.4. My opinion is max tow capacity for that engine should be around 8500 lbs. This truck was eventually arbitrated and bought back from me with no help from FCA with only 4500 miles. LOST CUSTOMER FOR LIFE!! I was a loyal Dodge customer since 2010 having spent over $240,000 on their vehicles. I now own a new F250. Great job guys!!

Original review: July 25, 2019

Less than 10000 miles the rubber under the clearance lights had to be replaced. Dealer said they were dry rotted it was causing water to leak into my cab. Truck has a constant shake above 65, dealer says nothing is wrong even though you can visibly watch the passenger seat shake like crazy while driving. 30000 miles water is leaking into my cab again. This time through my rear brake light (with camera). It stained my ceiling which they ended up replacing. Also the paint is severely flawed. It looks like I drive my truck through a gravel pit behind a tractor trailer at 75.

Rockers are rusted inside of door head bubbling rust. Under paint bumper has bubbling rust... what do you think Chrysler says "rock chips". Yeah a rock chip somehow caused rust to bubble under the paint without leaving a chip.... Truck is complete garbage. Don't waste your money. They slap a warranty on it to make you all warm and fuzzy but when there is a problem they don't do anything to fix it. I wish I could give it zero stars.

Dodge Ram Company Information