Toyota 4Runner

Compare Car Models

Research top Car Models recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The steel on the front bumper does not extend all the way to the ends. There is a gap on each corner of the car that has zero protection against impact. My Toyota (2014 Toyota 4Runner) was hit in one of those corners by a Honda CRV. The damage to the Honda was minimal. My Toyota had the left front tire blown. The entire frame of the engine compartment is now out of alignment. Seems like I bought a car with a sticker that said Toyota but in reality had the engineering of a Yugo automobile!

Our 2017 4Runner injector wires were chewed by mice. I own over ten different vehicles, one as old as 1971, none have ever been chewed by rodents. About $6500 in damage to the 4Runner, caused by mice. I've read that Toyota uses organic based wire coatings. Our peace of mind is gone. What is the benefit of buying a new vehicle, when the manufacturer of that vehicle knowingly uses wire coatings that are part of the food chain that rodents find as good to eat? I own since new, a 2001Toyota Tundra that sits most of the time, and has never had one wire chewed.

I bought my 2007 Toyota 4Runner New in 2008. This car has been an excellent value for the money. I have had to replace tires, brake pads, belts, the gas cap and the windshield. All normal wear and tear that is expected. It has 216,981 miles on it today. It had a tune up about 6000 miles ago just because I couldn't remember the last time or if it had ever had one, the spark plugs looked great, no discoloration. When my vehicle was newer, I was very good about getting the oil changed regularly, but later I went way too long between oil changes and filter changes. Even with my poor attention to caring for my vehicle it has still been extremely reliable and taken better care of me.

The battery died for the second time in the 9 years I have owned it, so just replaced it last week. In the past year, the volume control on the radio doesn't work quite right, it has to be turned up a little before it can be turned down... Ahhh, this is the worst thing my car has ever done! This car has taken me everywhere I wanted to go and I've never worried about getting there safely. Brakes work great, I use and abuse them with the way I drive. I have been concerned about the high miles I have on it and have been looking for a replacement vehicle. My husband is not comfortable in my car because he's very tall and legroom is cramped for him, but at 5 ft even it is the most comfortable thing I've ever sat in.

I was reading reviews on other SUVs and frankly, I'm terrified to buy anything else because nothing sounds like it has held up like my car. Gas mileage isn't great but I haven't seen much in this class with a V6 (Peppy thing that it is too) that gets great gas mileage. I love this car and I'm going to see just how many more miles I can get from her before I HAVE to buy something else... really don't want to.

I bought my 2007 V8 4Runner SR5 brand new. It has been a rewarding ownership experience. At 97,000 miles, I've had zero issues. There were two recalls but was resolved within 30 minutes wait time at the dealer. The interior has been holding exceptionally well. There are no rattles or squeaks. Buttons are not worn. It still looks like a new interior. All of the exterior trims do not show wear. Everything feels tight. The performance of the V8 has been exceptional as well as the 4WD. It drives through snow, mud, water with confidence. The only complaint is the MPG. This 4.7 liter is extremely thirsty. I've averaged 16 MPG highway, and about 13 MPG city. I highly recommend the 4Runner. The quality, reliability, durability and performance is something you won't find on other makes and models.

Very dependable vehicle. It was used mostly as our family's leisure and fun form of transportation. When we decided to buy another vehicle, the Toyota was passed on to my son instead of trading it in. He enjoys it very much and the whole family still gets use out of it. Highly recommended in performance. Very few problems with mechanical issues. Very dependable and safe. Strong engine. Handles well, even in very treacherous weather. Sporty and classy. Smooth design. Rugged but sleek. For the young and old, alike. Uniquely designed and cool. Sleek interior. Definitely a vehicle with style. Very durable. One of a kind. A vehicle for all types of terrain and climate. Dependable and secure. Would buy another one. Great investment.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota 4Runner?

The car itself was alright. It was worth the price. I don't have it anymore but it was definitely helpful. It wasn't my favorite car in the world but it did its job. It was an okay car. Mine was just a plain red one. Nothing fancy. It was a standard design on the inside. Nothing jaw dropping. Just like any other car in the world this car was durable. It wasn't terrible. It was just fine and I liked it the way it was.

The vehicle is just great! It has plenty of room, great features such as air a DVD player, power everything! It gets great gas mileage for an SUV. Mine has a sunroof which I love. Gas mileage is excellent. All features are easy to use. Built in GPS which comes in very handy, especially for myself because I am directionally challenged, haha! Smooth ride on city and highway so its just an all around great choice for anyone. It's a Toyota! Most are good looking cars. It's sporty and pleasant to the eye. Wheels that it came with are great, tires are good long lasting tired. Very nice looking cars. It gets around in all weather types. Mine is 4 wheel drive as I live in the Midwest and need that for the heavy snows every year. Can take it off road with ease which is one of the things I love about it.

It was a wonderful car for my family. We would pack it up and go on camping trips and had plenty of room.The gas mileage was great and saved us money. The performance was fantastic. It had a smooth feel on the long and short rides. Handled the weather where I live extremely well. Since I live where we get quite a bit of snow in the winter it handled it great. Very eye catching with the sleekness of it. The leather interior made me feel like I was driving something very upscale. I got tons of compliments on this car. This car lasted me for several years even though I put many miles on it going on several trips throughout the years with my family. I had little problems with it because I also took great care of it.

It was a very reliable vehicle. It ran wonderfully for over 10 years. I never had any problems with it. One of the best vehicles I have ever owned, such a fun ride. It drove great, good on or off road. No matter what the weather was it handled superbly. The only thing stopping me from rating it 5 stars was the gas mileage. All my friends and I loved the way the vehicle looked. It was sharp. I wish they still made that body style today. The tires were oversized which made you look tough. When you drove the vehicle you sat really high up, which made you feel on top of the road. It lasted over ten years in a wide range of climates. I gave it a ton of use. It went to college with me and was parked outdoors all the time in freezing weather, always started right up. It could take a beating.

The vehicle was very sufficient. It rarely had problems and took me from many places for a few years. Loved it and would buy one again. The performance was great. It was very reliable and would always get me from every place with no worries.The only problem I had to repair once was the brakes and once I had to replace the battery. The other parts worked well. Changed the oil as recommended and took good care of her! Mine was very stylish on the outside and I have received many compliments on it. The inside was super nice. Luxurious and people raved about how nice it was. Good comfortable seats and plenty of space. It was very durable. Got me all over the tri-state area. No issues with the durability. Everything withstood the abuse over time as me and my children rode in it often. Highly recommended.

My Toyota ran really well. I never had any mechanical issues with it, and I felt like it was a safe car for my children. The safety features like the side airbags made me feel like it was a good choice as a family vehicle. It also got good gas mileage and had some really nice features. The best part about my Toyota was that it held its value. I will always buy a Toyota. My Toyota was a smooth ride. It was roomy and provided plenty of passenger space. The turn radius was good and I liked the mileage. It was a dependable car that I was proud to own.

My 4Runner was very modern looking and a gorgeous blue color. I loved the interior and my moon roof. The self closing back door was so helpful when I'd come home from grocery shopping and the cargo area was enormously spacious. Toyotas last. They are built well and have very few mechanical issues. That is why Toyotas always hold their value. All I ever needed to do was regular maintenance at the dealership for basic oil filter changes.

It has a great value. It's well wroth the money I paid. It is very dependable and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a dependable car now or in the future. The performance of the car is great. It takes off smooth and gets into traffic nice. It runs very quiet. Never a problem at all with it. Everything in the interior is nice and convenient. The appearance of it is very nice. It looks like I paid more for it than I did. I like the look of it. It looks sporty but elegant at the same time. It looks like it should be off-roading also. The durability of it is great. It can haul a lot or just be used as a family vehicle. It has rugged looking tires that are for winter or summer. It can handle a lot whatever you dish out to it.

Could always count on the vehicle to get me to where I was going in a timely manner without any problems. Unlike other cars or truck I never had any major mechanical issues with mine. It was always dependable and in any kind of weather condition it didn't matter. Great vehicle for any type of weather or terrain. It is an all around dependable and trustworthy vehicle. I would recommend it to any of my family or friends. Very sporty in appearance but yet functional in use. I liked it for the fact that all parts of the vehicle served a function and it didn't have any frills to get in the way. Very durable vehicle. Have tested it myself on different terrains to see what the vehicle limits were and was very satisfied with the results of what I found out.

It makes it very easy for me to move around quickly since I live pretty far from my work. With this car I can get there within 20 minutes. It drives great through snow, rain, and even hail. It doesn't use much gas and has no problems. It hasn't failed me once and I have had it for over a year now. It is blue with comfortable seats and enough room to fit everything I need when I go to the store. I fit right in the adjustable chairs and I'm comfortable when driving. I have gotten into one car accident and it didn't get damaged too badly. Once I took it to the repair shop, they fixed it in a few weeks. Before that it only had a few scratches.

It got me and my family where we had to be. Also had enough room for the kids and I. I paid 1000 dollars for it. It was great on gas, I could ride for an week on one full up. No real problem with it till the motor went out. Beside that it's was great. It was dark blue with four doors. The bumper was black and so was the grill. The inside was cloth and was gray with red and blue stripes. It lasted for an decent amount of time for what I paid for it. I got five years out of a fifteen year old car, for an thousand dollars. Not bad at all.

Easy to move larger items, enough space for all passengers, good for longer trips or towing boats, camper,etc. Decent gas mileage for a vehicle of its kind, nice ride. Runs great, nice smooth ride, better for highway driving, good pickup when accelerating. A good size, not too big but also not too small. Love the shape of the vehicle, great tires. Doesn't have too many extras, however it is spacious enough inside. So far I have not had any problems with the vehicle. Have taken it on the beach and off riding in dirt and had no problems at all. I would say it is quite durable.

It did everything I needed it to do, but it wasn't the exact style of vehicle I was looking for. It was a decent vehicle but I wanted something smaller and in a different color. The vehicle performed as well as it should. I didn't get rid of it because it performed poorly. It just wasn't what I wanted. All the colors for it weren't very appealing. I wanted something brighter. This was my biggest issue, which is why I sold it. It was as durable as a car should be and seemed very safe and would hold up in an accident. Nothing broke in the year I had it and felt safe in it.

I love that you can buy this vehicle for a first car and it won't break your bank. It is definitely worth the money! The gas mileage is great for a starter car. The performance is very great. It's definitely more than enough for a starter car. The power behind this car makes a great show car in my opinion too! The car is a starter car therefore the car is definitely not that great looking but it's an definitely better looking than most cars. The durability of this vehicle is very great. It is very easy to fix an issue. I'd definitely recommend this car as well. This durability is one in a million.

My family loved this car so much we were very sad the day it broke down. We loved the smooth ride each time. This vehicle is still missed by us. Performance was awesome. It handles bumpy hills and roads really well. We used to drive around the back roads in Oklahoma all the time when we visited family there. We had a red 99 4Runner that sat a family of 4 easily, granted we had an 8 and 6 year old at the time. It survived 2 moves before it broke down. It was durable. We would take it up and down bumpy roads and diet roads all the time. It survived 2 moves and 2 kids. Wish we had it now.

It's definitely a great value. Those cars really hold their worth and have great ratings for safety and everything else. The car handles very well especially on sandy roads or in the rain, the brakes are fantastic and I feel safe in there driving myself and my baby around. Love the way it looks. Even the old ones look really good to me. I've always loved the appearance of that suv. I would not trade mine for any other one on the market. I have a baby so I worry about how she will mess up my stuff but so far we've been through a good amount of things including moving with it and it's proved awesome time and time again.

Well built, worked well, felt safe driving it, would recommend to friends and family members. Had no troubles with it. Had a good deal in the sale and trade in with another vehicle, great vehicle. Perfect performance, perfect in every way, safe and sound vehicle, put it to the floor and it moved! Great performance, couldn't have asked for more. Beautiful, slick looking, sleek and smooth looking, stood out against other vehicles, felt proud to drive it. Got some looks from other drivers. Lasted for years and years with little maintenance, very durable, very trustworthy and gave a sense of security while driving it. Would recommend the durability to friends and family.

Few repairs. Reliable. Lasted for years. Plenty of power and features. I would buy another 4Runner for the same price. Four wheel drive was handy in inclement weather. Plenty of room for kids and groceries and pets. Accessories were top notch. Engine could have been bigger but it was economical. Curves were difficult but that's to be expected from a four-wheel-drive vehicle. I would recommend it to others for sure. It was very clean and up-to-date. People street was clean, and resisted dirt very well. I had no trouble maintaining it. The paint had a little bit of chipping, but I did drive it off road a lot, so that's to be expected. I had very few issues out of it, except for a slight injury problem that we repaired. The effort to keep it up, as long as I changed oil and maintained properly, it was minimal. What parts are costly, they lasted a lot longer than American vehicles.

I loved my Toyota! It was a great vehicle to go mudding in and we had many great times in the mountains driving it on back roads and trails to go camping, mudding, and fourwheeling. It was also good in a pinch when I needed to haul small items. Performance was great. I did my part on the upkeep as far as keeping my oil changed and routine work that needed to be done which I'm sure increased the life of the engine. Never had any major issues out of the vehicle. Also was decent on gas for the type of vehicle that it was. I got about 20-22 mpg.

Love the appearance. One of the main reasons I went with this vehicle instead of getting a ford explorer. I loved the "backwoods" appeal that it has and it just looks like the perfect vehicle to take up in the mountains for a getaway. Very durable. It was able to withstand driving on all the backroads and trails in the mountain without too much wear and tear on my tires or the vehicle itself. Also withstood all of the mudding and rough driving that my husband put it through.

Toyotas are worth their weight in gold. Very reliable vehicles. Customer service is fantastic. The Toyota reps are point on with helping with warranty work. Toyota is the best maker of very reliable vehicles. Performance on these vehicles is fantastic. Toyota vehicles last forever with maintenance. Toyota's body style are from expensive-looking to working look. High-end cars to mid-size cars. No matter the vehicle Toyotas are meant to last. Toyota is like Timex. They keep on ticking. I've had Camry, Solara, and a Corolla. All 3 were great running car. Low maintenance. Great body paint that lasts for years.

I love it, I enjoyed driving it every minute specially during long road trip. My wife and I utilize the vehicle the most. I remembered vividly one day when we were going to the road for more than 4 hours we were decided which vehicle would be able to fit everything and also help us along the way. We decided to utilize the Toyota. The performance was phenomenal, we drove without any mechanical hiccups because normally the vehicle we had before we to do fine tune maintenance but since we had a short time we decided to do it later. The appearance was great and formidable. We had a great pleasure to drive from here and there. I met a lot people while I was on the road compliment me for the exterior side of the vehicle and the inside of the vehicle was splendid. I went few blogs they stated the durability is great.

This car is so well priced for what you get you get so much. The price is so great that I loved it so much I might get 1 for my wife. My mom love it also. The car has a good pick up and the gas mileage is great. It get the job done. I love how I don't have to worry and I feel safe in my vehicle. The car is so stylish. I got mine in midnight blue and it is so nice, it has a shine in the sun like metallic and I love that. It gives it a pop I need. The car has never gave me any trouble. I can't say how it will take a crash cause it drives so safe and smooth. I don't think cross finger I'm going to.

Great value for the money. Runs well. Never have any worries taking it on the road. I would recommend highly. Performance is excellent. Is rugged, reliable, and gas efficient. I have never had any issues. The engine is quiet and runs very powerfully. The color was just right. The look is sleek and modern. Great curves and the body is well made. Good structure and excellent features. Very durable. It can handle the back roads just as well as if it were cruising the city and suburban streets. It is an all purpose vehicle that has amazing attributes.

It has a lot of value to me because of its reliability and power. It has room for myself and my kids. That's important to me. I needed something that would haul as well as take myself and kids places. Performance is great. Not a lot of demand for repair. As long as you get your tune up and make sure the oil is changed properly you will not have any problems. Great on tires as well. I think the appearance is sporty yet classy. I'm a single mother. I needed something that could haul yet carry the family. I didn't want to look tomboyish. Very durable. Hauls my boat without any kind of problems. It's been dinged a few times, yet you really can't tell it unless it is pointed out.

It was a pretty good product. It was not bad on gas at all. The ride was very smooth. You can drive it in many different areas. However you must keep your maintenance done. It works well off road. This SUV has great performance rate. It get you where you need to be when you need to be there. It perform great off road and on the highway. The body style is unique. It take SUV to a whole new level .The 4Runner appearance looks like it's for the highway. However it can be used for the trail. The 4Runner durability is great. It has an off road design to appeal to buyers. The 4Runner is built strong and tough to take over the road. You will love it.

The 4Runner was a very reliable vehicle. Large cargo space was convenient for my family. Interior and seating was comfortable. I always felt safe in this vehicle. Never experiencing a breakdown. For the eight years that I owned it I only had to have the routine maintenance done. The resale value in the end was good. Attractive sport utility vehicle with clean lines. Front grill gave it a sporty look but still a passenger vehicle. My vehicle had sleek running boards. The Toyota 4Runner was a very durable vehicle withstanding years of use by a family of four. The interior showed little wear after eight years.

Toyota 4Runner Company Profile