Dodge Ram

Dodge Ram Reviews

About Dodge Ram

The Ram pickup is a full-size pickup truck that is marketed as the Ram Trucks brand. Read more Dodge reviews to learn about other models.

Dodge Ram Reviews

Stars Rating

• 0%
  • 0%
  • 19%
  • 23%
  • 57%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Ram?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Ram?

Reviewed Dec. 13, 2019

So far great truck with diesel. Only draw back so far is the DEF system. It cost $800 to have the system flushed saying it was contaminated. Was very careful all the time. Truck only has 16,000 miles on it.

Reviewed Dec. 13, 2019

I Love my truck from inside out, if I've ever had a problem they were right on it. I'm an female but I wanted a truck and I'm so glad I chose the Ram. It looks and feels top of the line and didnt break the bank!

Reviewed Dec. 13, 2019

I had a great experience when I owned my Dodge Ram. The truck was very nice as far as inward and outward appearances, and it was sporty enough for a casual day, for a baseball cap and jeans, and classy enough for a Sunday afternoon tie and shirt day. The gas mileage was much better than I thought and the ride was extremely comfortable. There was plenty of leg space and the engine was as quiet as a mouse. If I ever get to the point when I can afford to purchase another Ram, I would do it in a heartbeat, with no hesitation.

Reviewed Dec. 12, 2019

We own a 2003 Dodge 1500 Ram diesel that was bought new and driven 226,000 in CA. Cummins has never been touched except for oil changes. Read tailights fill with water and must be replaced and the transmission died at about 140,000 miles and we made a mistake rebuilding when a crate trans is $1,400.

Reviewed Dec. 12, 2019

My truck I bought brand new and less than two years was in for warranty work for over six weeks and back many other times. Was not done to my liking. Many recalls. Also Chrysler corporation was no help and they dropped the ball.

Reviewed Dec. 11, 2019

Mileage improves with driving over time, as an average customer the dealership treats me very well, the mirrors could be improved for better side view and rear view. The sound system is great. For me the instrumentation is well laid out

Reviewed Dec. 11, 2019

My Dodge Ram had 500000 miles on it when I got rid of it. No disappointments. I never replaced 1 injector, normal wear and tear. It went through brakes. Other than that, it was a great truck. All truck makers have little quirks, lights that burn out, front and back. Some switches, electrical.

Reviewed Dec. 11, 2019

Dodge has been trending upwards for the past 10 years. I think they put a great deal of processing and planning to make a very dependable product. I have had a Dodge Ram for more than 10 years and I’m sure I will be loyal to this brand.

Reviewed Dec. 10, 2019

The 2019 Ram 1500 is an excellent truck. The updates compared to the 2018 make a huge difference. I have owned lots of cars and trucks before but this one is the best I have driven. The comfort, the tech features, the ride all excellent.

Customer ServiceEase of Use

Reviewed Dec. 10, 2019

Dodge Ram 1500 2014 6cyl 4x4 purchased new. I had two problems with this truck. 1. Cruse control didn't work all the time. 2. Driver side electric window and door lock controller had to be replaced. These were the only problems I had. The transmission started acting up. Not shifting smoothly and lagging. This started after 80,000 accumulated miles. On the positive side this truck was a joy to drive. Easy to handle. Tracked straight and true in all weather conditions. Comfortable cabin that was quiet with an excellent stock stereo sound system. The electronics were easy to use, especially the blue tooth phone system. I drove this truck for a total of 5 years.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed Dec. 10, 2019

1999 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel is now 20 years old and no engine issues but have replaced low pressure fuel pump due to factory issue. Steering is a little loose due movement of steering box so installed a stabilizing bar and much better but it is another factory issue.

Reviewed Dec. 9, 2019

Very dissatisfied with the truck, The commercials gets you brainwashed believing. From day 3 the truck started giving transmission troubles, then it lost power, then it just stopped running altogether. Took it back to dealer, After 2 weeks, they ended up giving me another one. New!! I'm still not a happy camper. Wish I went some place else.

Reviewed Dec. 8, 2019

Best 3/4 ton truck on the market in my opinion. Power is great, mileage OK and quality fantastic. The amount of purchase could be better, but for what is out there, not a better truck out there. I would stay away from the 1/2 ton though, as my experience shows the fuel mileage sucks and the Hemi has been plagued with problems.

Reviewed Dec. 8, 2019

I love my truck, I have the Megacab Longhorn edition and it is extremely comfortable and beautiful. The Cummins is the best engine for work and has not given me any problems. An excellent truck for work and family.

Reviewed Dec. 7, 2019

Driving a Dodge Ram 1500 would have gave it 5 Stars till the night if October 15, 2019. We hit a deer head on at about 90kph. The impact caused the truck excelled to high RPMS and took the brakes out and the knob gear shift Would not function. Heading down to a bridge under construction One lane. We knew we had to hit the ditch in pitch dark or be dead. Because of our speed we only caught the corner of the approach we spotted then a ditch. Miraculously we came out of it with just a fractured vertebrae. THIS TRUCK HAS SERIOUS DEFECTS BUT NO ONE WANTS TO OWN UP TO IT.

Insurance company would like to fix truck and send us on our merry way. Transport Canada wants an investigation but now I’m told they took it to our nearest dealer and the mechanic deleted some codes that are important for the black box to be analyzed. I will never drive another Dodge. This was the scariest experience any driver could ever have. But we have lived to tell the story. I can only imagine how many are dead and can’t tell the story.

Reviewed Dec. 7, 2019

First of all Dodge Ram offer the most sporty truck out there. It's in a class by itself, other trucks look square. I love that there's different models to choose from to fit your needs. They have the most towing power and the most horsepower. I love the quad cab which can carry six persons and not to mention the style which brings class to there vehicles. The quality you get for the price which some vehicles fall short. Plus they're long lasting, I own an 2003 and it's still running and people are still complimenting me on how it looks. Dodge Ram for life!

Reviewed Dec. 7, 2019

When you drive, you feel safe. The vehicle feels so solid. I have been driving lightweight vehicles for years. No more! Gas mileage not bad either. It handles beautifully. Also roomy in front and rear. Seats easily fold down and slide. It is also beautiful, in my opinion.

Reviewed Dec. 7, 2019

I go for a test drive for Ram 1500 new model 2019. It was amazing and I like the new touch screen and the performance of the new engine but I was expected to try the new diesel engine which I read about it in the ram web site but as they told me the new engine didn't release in the market yet but overall the new ram is an amazingly good car. I want to buy the new model but I didn't have too much support from manager there due to my credit history.

Reviewed Dec. 6, 2019

I have purchased 6 Dodge Rams, 4 of them with Cummings diesel engines and 2 with regular gas engines! I have loved how each, for being trucks, have had phenomenal fuel mileage, even when I'm towing a horse trailer! The acceleration is great too! I don't have to "plead" with it to go! The moment I hit the accelerator, ZOOM, there I go, off to the races! I wouldn't buy any other brand for my truck needs or just for cruise! #DodgeGirl

Reviewed Dec. 6, 2019

My 2019 Ram 1500 extended cab pickup truck has been a very good vehicle. The overall value I'm very happy with. The warranty is on par with the rest of the industry. The power is great and the ride is very comfortable.

Reliability

Reviewed Dec. 5, 2019

My 2018 Ram Power Wagon has 56,000 miles already, and has not had any issues. While I have driven all Japanese in the past, Jeep and Ram are paying attention to the real customers and making far more interesting products. This makes it hard to compromise and buy a lesser vehicle. Having the most off road capable full size truck in the world is fantastic. The lsd rear diff is perfect for roads. Lock both diffs and disconnect sway bar and good luck getting stuck. The winch, way more handy then you think. The de-rated towing capacity is absurd, and it will squat less and handle more than most heavy duty trucks. The interior, and the small details the Japanese used to think about round out these trucks. Keep up the good work, and keep improving reliability and I will be back for another Power Wagon and a Gladiator to replace our Four Runner.

Reviewed Dec. 5, 2019

The new Ram truck is awesome. We love the truck so far. We don't drive that often but the time that we have it performs and drives very well. The cab size is amazingly roomy and very comfortable. We love the smooth ride as well. 5 stars so far.

Reviewed Dec. 5, 2019

EcoDiesel 1500 pickup. I just love my pickup.. Though the fuel mileage is not as advertised. It does not get the 25 to 30 miles to gallon. Only getting 18 to 22 mpg. This pickup has over 100,000 miles on it and runs like a top.

Reviewed Dec. 4, 2019

This is my 2nd RAM pickup, I now have about 110,000 miles on it. Most of it is highway miles as I live approximately 50 miles from work. Still runs great, the ride is still enjoyable and my gas mileage hasn't dropped off at all. Other than some bruises and dents she still looks good. I'm planning on buying another one sometime in the near future.

Reviewed Dec. 4, 2019

The newer trucks are made very cheaply you end up with lots of problems unless you get an extended warranty when you first purchase a vehicle. A ton of recalls. Overall my Dodge Ram is not equipped to handle a great deal of payload compared to other pickup truck. In order to get this repaired it takes a lot of money and it's very difficult to get anyone to work on them unless it's the dealership and they're very expensive. A change of oil on this pickup truck cost you $56 at a dealership and that's in Sumter South Carolina versus $26 for a Chevy truck and $32 for a Ford.

Reviewed Dec. 4, 2019

I've had three Dodge Rams in my life and I've really enjoyed them, they pack a lot of power and quality in a small price tag, look around at other trucks and you'll find it hard to find a decent full size for under 50k but most all rams are even a few diesel models. Get a ram!

Reviewed Dec. 3, 2019

The dodge 1500 front cab is designed perfect. Every control you need it at your fingertips. Nothing there takes your eyes off the road. The room at the back of quad cab is good, is enough space for a 6 foot tall person. Both front and back seats are very comfortable.

CoveragePrice

Reviewed Dec. 3, 2019

Vehicle is overpriced, road noise, transmission problems, lots of blind spots, mirrors do not cover area even when backing up, backing up in reverse on a slight incline transmission does not hold steady and wants to jerk. Very poor quality for price you pay.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2019

Really good truck, nice, strong at the same time. I love for years. This truck win the best and always have good offers to help the people own one. We recommend this truck for workers, for any hard work.

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2019

The Dodge Ram of the Chrysler cars and trucks have performed in fuel economy better then any other brand and I have the proof. I have had tried most of the cars and I know that dodge products are better.

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2019

The gas mileage could be better but the handling and ride is quite smooth. We have a 1500 Dodge Ram year is 2017 and it's a 2 wheel drive yet goes most anywhere. Electrical for the windows works sometimes and sometimes does not. On occasion the transmission sounds like it's banging into gear.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2019

I traded my 16' F150 for a 19' Ram 1500 and I didnt look back. The Ram ride is smooth, the acceleration is quick, but not jerky. The 8 speed transmission is a little indecisive when it's shifting, but it doesnt make the truck ride any different. I did have an issue with my Google maps showing me in Colorado, but after an update everything is working fine.

Reviewed Nov. 30, 2019

Dodge Ram 1500 SLT is a great truck! Very good value for the price. I recommend the one with a v8 (Hemi or not). The truck has given zero abnormal maintenance over the years. The only things I've replaced have been tires, brakes, battery and belt.

Reviewed Nov. 30, 2019

Sturdy, excellent rig. 4WD doesnt feel like a truck when on the road. Controls easily accessible, easily memorized to keep your eyes on the road. Hemi offers awesome acceleration for passing on 2 lane roads.

Reviewed Nov. 30, 2019

Overall the truck is a good truck, has lots of features. I would recommend a test drive and purchase. Just like all vehicles now days, are overpriced, by being over inflation. The big screen on the dash is the biggest in the industry. Truck seems to be solidly built. Lots of electronics for a pleasant drive. The power of the diesel is a great asset with the four wheel drive.

Reviewed Nov. 13, 2019

I own a Ram 1500 Ecodiesel fairly new that just got diagnosed with overheating conditions and therefore the dealer can NOT release the truck until repaired have been made to the vehicle. However, the corporate department handling the claim says that I have to rent a truck out of my packet for undetermined amount of time until they find out how to fix the recall so they can than release my truck. From one of their mouths I’ve heard that it might take up to six months! Has anyone ever experienced this issue with Chrysler? If so, what’s the easiest route to make them responsible for this kind of down side for consumers like me? Any help is appreciated. I have purchased 3 dodge Rams and 1 Dodge Challenger in the past 5 years. But after this, I am certain they won’t ever see me in their showroom again. It’s just that bad of experience!

Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed Nov. 5, 2019

Dodge Ram Rebel 1500. Purchased from Key Dodge, Lebanon, New Hampshire. Dodge Ram has in floor storage beneath rear passenger feet on both sides of the vehicle. Driving down a dirt road stick or branch kicked up. Broke plastic in floor bin/storage into interior of vehicle. Stopped by Key dealership to inquire as to pricing for parts. Was led to believe damage was indeed covered under warranty. Vehicle brought to dealership the next day and received a call two hours later after inspection of vehicle and informed that warranty would not cover damage.

In order to do repairs for bin/storage the entire floor carpeting needs to be replaced. Interior of vehicle now is able to be exposed to outside elements i.e. road salt, dirt. Bad design flaw for an off-road capable vehicle plastic bin exposed on underbody of vehicle where road debris most certainly come into contact with said bin. Maybe some metal guard over bin or different bin/storage construction.

Reviewed Oct. 28, 2019

Purchased 2019 RAM 3500 DRW Limited HD High Output Cummins with Aisin Transmission in April 2019 - one of the first deliveries of said truck. In August 2019 (approx 16k miles) Left Front Speed Sensor was replaced as it was throwing error messages - FCW system unavailable, service immediately; 4wd Temporarily unavailable, service immediately; Electronic Stabilization Control unavailable, service required; Trailer brake system service required; ABS service required.

2 weeks later, same error messages, and ABS module was replaced. 2 weeks later, same error messages, dealership cleared codes and could not replicate. Went on 1600+ mile road trip. Returned home, 13 days after last visit to dealership, same error messages. As of today, dealership says cannot replicate - currently truck is on day 7 at dealership for 4th visit. Chrysler says maybe software update needed. ANYONE out there with challenges on 2019 RAM HD's? IMO, this is unacceptable. I just want it fixed.

PriceOnline & App

Reviewed Oct. 12, 2019

My 2006 2500 diesel with the 48RE tranny just didn't do the job. I have three valve bodies replaced in less than 75K miles. Also that little vent that shifted the heater and ac broke. Over $500 to repair. I paid for the first repair. Then it happened again. FCA was kind enough to fix again. I guess they finally got a fix that was not crapping out and fixed right.

2014 3500 diesel SRW was a great truck. Towed my 40' toy hauler from Virginia to Cali. However, I did lose a water pump in Arizona. Would you believe no pump, belt or other parts that got jacked up when best broke lose, 36K miles, were not available in the ENTIRE state of Arizona? Wow. 2017 3500 dually diesel Aisin is a beast. No issues so far 21K miles. However, the Nexen tires have been replaced. Tire separation in less than 20K miles. Why does Ram put crap tires on a truck that cost up to 90K? Installed Bridgestones. Let's see how they hold up. Changed radio to Kenwood. Android Auto works perfect in this aftermarket radio. It also works perfect in my 2018 A4. Android Auto is a great app to use in any vehicle. Learn how to use it to drive safely.

Reviewed Sept. 26, 2019

This is the 3rd time I have had my truck in to have the rear tire wear repaired. I put tires on the rear and 7000 miles later they are worn just above the wear bars. FCA is the division of Chrysler that Manufactures the Ram since it was take from Dodge in 2010. I have replaced the tires at 22,000 and the rear tires are over half worn and the fronts are still new. FCA customer care will not pay to find out what is causing the problem. I am selling the truck so I don't have to replace the tires every 9,000 miles at a coast of $200 per tire.

Customer Service

Reviewed Sept. 23, 2019

I have a 2019 Dodge Ram 3500 for 5 months now. I also use my truck for work and had a incident in Pennsylvania. I was told parts will be in 2-3 business days! Then 5 days later I was told parts are on back order up to January. I cannot work due to no parts to replace...Brand New Truck and no parts for it!! Also, I have a Case Manager and she said she has a Expedited Team looking into it. Now, it has been 13 days and still need the same 3 parts. There is no guarantee on any parts. I've asked for a replacement truck and still no answer!!!! But I cannot make a vehicle payment now due to no replacement parts or vehicle for work.. Next it will be I Can't Pay My Bills.. They still expect me to make a car payment though... This is not good customer service!

Reviewed Aug. 24, 2019

Hemi 5.7 motor in Dodge 1500 has a lifter tapping problem problem. May also have a camshaft worn do to poor oil movement. Loud tapping. Dodge does not tell consumers about the problem or fix the problem. This is a factory defect. A lot of Dodge 5.7 Hemi owners are having the same.

Reviewed Aug. 12, 2019

I have 2019 Dodge Ram lease, I’m very satisfied with the vehicle EXCEPT for the touch screen which is so attention distracting that I believe it poses a hazard for drivers. I find myself having to pull off the side of the road to operate features because the system is so complex it’s a distraction. The US Navy is getting rid of touch screens because they feel they are a danger and blame them for two recent vessel collisions. This kind of technology is highly overrated and make the vehicles less safe to drive. Knobs and buttons are easier to to navigate and safer to use. More tech is not always a better idea.

Reviewed Aug. 10, 2019

I purchased a new Ram 2500 with a 6.4 liter V8. Truck is WAY overrated. First trans was replaced at 1700 miles. Still didn't shift correctly. I also had alignment issues. Long story short the rear end was crooked causing severe driveability concerns and severe over steering problems FCA could not and did not repair. This package is complete garbage. Stay away from the 6.4. My opinion is max tow capacity for that engine should be around 8500 lbs. This truck was eventually arbitrated and bought back from me with no help from FCA with only 4500 miles. LOST CUSTOMER FOR LIFE!! I was a loyal Dodge customer since 2010 having spent over $240,000 on their vehicles. I now own a new F250. Great job guys!!

Reviewed July 25, 2019

Less than 10000 miles the rubber under the clearance lights had to be replaced. Dealer said they were dry rotted it was causing water to leak into my cab. Truck has a constant shake above 65, dealer says nothing is wrong even though you can visibly watch the passenger seat shake like crazy while driving. 30000 miles water is leaking into my cab again. This time through my rear brake light (with camera). It stained my ceiling which they ended up replacing. Also the paint is severely flawed. It looks like I drive my truck through a gravel pit behind a tractor trailer at 75.

Rockers are rusted inside of door head bubbling rust. Under paint bumper has bubbling rust... what do you think Chrysler says "rock chips". Yeah a rock chip somehow caused rust to bubble under the paint without leaving a chip.... Truck is complete garbage. Don't waste your money. They slap a warranty on it to make you all warm and fuzzy but when there is a problem they don't do anything to fix it. I wish I could give it zero stars.

Verified purchase

Reviewed June 21, 2019

Purchased this truck new in November 2018. Brought it into dealer for their recall V06 "possible loss of steering control". 7040 miles on it. Dealership performed factory mandated correction of welding the jam nuts in place on the draglink assembly. When I requested the drag link components be replaced with whatever the new trucks coming off the line have, they said their hands were tied by the factory to just weld the adjustment solid. This makes it necessary to grind off the welds for any adjustment in the future, and then re-weld them. This is not acceptable to me.

No one with Chrysler will say how many times this potential cut the welds and re-weld process could be done. No one at Chrysler seems to know if the new trucks coming off their line have the assembly jam nuts welded. No one at Chrysler seems to care about the fact that I now own this truck with a diminished value as a result of this band aid fix, that is no longer adjustable. It is not what I purchased when new and I think it should be repaired to "Like New" condition. I have been told that they are not doing anything further and I am just going to have to accept their fix. I feel I have exhausted any further action with the Ram case management division as they have indicated they have no one with any more authority to consider this problem. Told them I will not be buying any Chrysler products again and got the impression they really don't care.

Reviewed June 20, 2019

My 2019 Ram driving freeway at 70MPH suddenly went from 70 to idle. Towed to dealer. Said nothing wrong. Then did it again. Called Chrysler. Nothing. These trucks should be off the road. Lucky to not have been killed. Talked to others going back to 2015 had the same problem. Still no help for them either. Any ideas?

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed May 31, 2019

We are a small company that has purchased Dodge Ram 3500 diesels over the past 5-years. The most current two we purchased were in 2018 and they will be the last. We currently have 13 Dodge Ram vehicles with the oldest a 2014; which is our entire fleet. Between the 13-Dodges we now have 50-recalls. For us to decommission a vehicle for a couple of days so the recall can be completed requires a lot of work; costly for us. We must move our crews out of the truck, rent a truck, interrupt our workday, pay overtime, create problems for our client, deal with issues created with USDOT, and on and on which all relates to us losing revenue for our company.

For a small business to have to go through this difficulty for 50-recalls; up to 50-times; let alone all the service problems and mechanical failures with these vehicles, they are extremely excessive and costly to us. We have completed 43 of the 50 recalls to date. Costs are mounting and the recalls keep coming; one at a time. What are they building at Chrysler? What inferior components are they using that creates these recalls and dissatisfied customers like us?

We have called FCA (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles) to discuss and to talk with a supervisor but they are proving very difficult to get hold of. They have only returned one of my calls that was not able to be answered; the message was; that they simply say who they are but they leave no contact information. Calling back to the main number only gets us to the basic "apologies" and they will only take a message for the supervisor; they say that the supervisor has no direct contact number or email; we (ironically) wonder why. They say that the Supervisor will call back in 1-business day; that is not happening. In the past, we loved Dodge Ram; but not anymore. We are currently and actively searching for a new brand; NOT DODGE. We need to replace three trucks this year plus add one more to our fleet.

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed May 18, 2019

I took my truck that is a little over a year old in to have the DEF system checked and 2 recalls. We coordinated all of the issues with the dealer prior to arrival. They waited till I was about to pick up the truck to check on the DEF issue and they said they would call me in half an hour. I called 1 hour later and was told that the DEF wiring harness was shot and would not be going anywhere. Not to worry it will be in next Wednesday (this was a Friday). On Tuesday I decided to check and found that it might be Friday. At this point I contacted the Dodge national line and was told that it was definitely in on the following Wednesday.

When I checked the following week, I was told that there we issues and it would now be in on the following Wednesday. When I checked 2 days later, I was told it would be Friday. I like my truck but to wait on a part for 21 days is unreasonable. I am not sure why their system is so broken, but based on their performance, I am not sure I could recommend a Dodge RAM. When you buy a truck like this you buy it because you need it. I haul my trailer to horse shows and do not have an option. I had to rent a truck to drive to a horse show and can only hope that Dodge covers it. They were trying to weasel out of paying for a tuck that is less than the truck that I purchased from them. The national representative has even stopped calling me back.

Reviewed April 28, 2019

14 recalls (COME ON MAN). Dodge dealer replaced trans 75,000. Purchased at 81,000. Trans went out in driveway at 101,000. Never hauled or towed anything more than 2 people. Dodge did not pay for trans valve body. Dodge charged me $33.00 a quart at 8 quarts for trans fluid that lasted 25,000. Call your favorite trans tech, ask. STAY AWAY.

Reviewed April 9, 2019

Diesel engine blown out at 65K. Bought the DODGE RAM 1500 brand new in 2016. Thought the Diesel engine would give us great long-term service - after all we have Dodge trucks as old as 2003 on the road for our contracting company. We do NOT do heavy loads nor towing, they are Quad cabs basically light hauling & crew taxi. Regular service and only 1 previous issue with mass air sensor $800 of that at dealership. The other morning, truck started normal, drive 5 miles to fuel up. Tried to start after fueling, big noise and that was it. Engine blown. Now waiting 6 days to see what they are going to do. 35,000 miles left on factory warranty and they are leaving us with no truck and guessing...

Reviewed March 13, 2019

We purchased a new Dodge Ram 1500, Big Horn Edition, complete towing package/navigation. It has been in the dealer shop, quite a few times, more than any vehicle I have ever owned, navigation issues, tires worn out in 15,000 miles, can’t even roll down our back passenger windows without having your eardrums broken, the noise is horrendous, they say it fine, don’t roll down window. First time we opened rear window on cab, wouldn’t close, got everything in cab wet, they finally replaced cable after the third time at dealer, and I let “Everyone” in the dealership know of my disdain for my new truck.

I have ticking issues now in my engine, they say it's fine, it's not!!! Then they checked my in cab filter during oil change, and they broke my filter box, I found pieces on floor after the oil change, they didn’t tell me, I went right back in with pieces in my hand, and they said, "We will have to pull the whole dash out to fix/ replace it!" I still am furious about this, I duct taped it all. Paint is so thin, I have chips in paint all over front, and sides!!! I had a 2009 Dodge Ram, with the 360 cu in in it, had 320,000 miles on it, only repair was a intake gasket and transmission valve replaced... NEW Is Not Better... Paid over $55,000 for a piece of junk, will never own another Dodge Ram again, I am done with bad trucks, bad service... Very frustrated.

Reviewed March 12, 2019

The only good part of my $53000 MSRP 2014 Longhorn is the look, everything else is crap. First warranty transmission replaced at 50000 miles. Second transmission replacement at 98000. Yep I was so lucky. First shift issues in 4WD about 25k in. Flywheel cracked at 110k. Hand (foot) brake issues at 111k. Console light started blinking at 50k. Remote start died at 80k. Backup camera works on and off since 60k. Fuel gauge which is inside the fuel pump was replaced at 90k. Now Remote door lock does not open doors Everytime. (Key and battery are fine.) I have been hoping that each repair is the last, however stuff just keeps breaking. Total junk.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed March 5, 2019

I have been a brand loyalist since 1986. This is my 6th RAM truck. We factory ordered a 2018 2500 HD 6.4 SLT with the options we wanted and needed for towing. Truck was delivered 12/2017. The day after delivery we noticed an abnormal start up noise from the engine compartment. With less than 100 miles we took it into a local dealer for inspection. After 7 inspection, demonstration and repair visits. 21 days in service and 8 months of driving with a monoxide sensor on the dash. FCA determined that the truck exhaust leak could not be fixed. They offered to replace the truck or refund our money. We elected to order an exact replacement truck. Frankly, other than the exhaust leak, this is the best RAM truck we have owned. All other functions, features, performance and comfort are 5 star. We received the replacement truck 1/2019.

At 80-100 miles the replacement truck developed the same noise. FCA, Ramcares and our dealer found it hard to believe that one customer could receive 2 factory defects for exhaust leak. We have asked FCA and our dealer to repair the leak. We are not going to order another truck or take our money back. This truck is going to be fixed. At this time we have not received a response to our request for repair. We have done a full investigation of this issue/problem. It is a known problem on some 2500 HD 6.4 trucks. The cause is in part the assembly process and in part the design and parts quality. We have gotten some great intelligent help from MOPAR parts people, RAM techs and the internet. We have decided to order the repair parts and have a qualified outside tech repair the truck properly at our expense.

We will address FCA-RAM when the repairs are completed. Dodge-RAM has come a long way in product quality and customer satisfaction over the last 30 years. I believe the company's recent decision to have the head of RAM focus only on the RAM Brand will result in correction of these type of quality problems. However, senior management needs to get out in the field and engage the reputational risk that the brand is experiencing. The vendor parts quality issues and assembly issues can be fixed.

Reviewed Feb. 24, 2019

My husband bought this hunk of junk about a week ago & it is the most uncomfortable, ugliest, worst made vehicle I have ever been in. Including being a teenager with old used bombs. It has already been stuck in park, handles horribly, & my back has not stopped hurting since I got in it. I drove it a couple of hours, have been out of it 6 hrs & still in pain. No lumbar support, power seats, heated seats, not even a CD player. Cheap plastic interior & cloth seats that don’t clean. No insulation you can hear every other vehicle motor on the road, & its transmission sounds like an ambulance whining. It needs to go over a cliff. No amenities at all just a big bright screen for the radio which gives you a headache. Needless to say it sounds terrible. Not worth $400. Will get rid of it right away.

Reviewed Feb. 24, 2019

Def issue. Pump fail, I spend around 2000 dollar and replaced it. After few days engine light came on again and sensor not communicating with gauge. Now mechanic told me that def tank need to be replaced. All mechanics saying that there is lots of problem with Ram 1500 EcoDiesel trucks but why Dodge is not recalling?

Reviewed Feb. 15, 2019

3rd Brake light gasket - A problem that a lot of previous owners have experience. You would think that Ram would have address this problem years ago. These gaskets shouldn’t be falling this soon! This was my first experience with a Ram truck and it will be my last.

Reviewed Feb. 10, 2019

I own a 2014 Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel. I gave you my word it has 420.000 miles on it. Towed a 30.000 lb hot shot purchased brand new from Texas. Never stop running. Never put more than $700 for some maintenance. I was passing cars loaded at 85 mph! The Cummins engine are unbelievable strong and powerful. I am a truck driver. 48 years old. 1 million miles. Drove semis, Volvos, Freightliners. Def system complicates things specially in the winter, truck build a little flimsy but I was very lucky maybe. Cummins engine 385 hp. No words for it. Thanks Cummins Indiana! PS, obsessed with maintenance. This truck are for guys with some mechanical understanding. Love it!

Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed Jan. 17, 2019

Updated on 06/02/2020: 2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4. Never even made it home from the dealer lot. Mechanical issues with the steering. Tried to return it before ever leaving dealer lot. No-go (dealership sucks too). Dropped in service department and remained there first 2 weeks of ownership. Finally got it home first time and been back in shop 15 times now. Rack & pinion steering stripped gears, rear axle pinion seal leaking, start/stop button failed, radio messed up - twice, paint peeling from roof and other places on body, rear passenger side window won't roll up, driver visor won't stay up, nav crapped out, 5 recalls first 3.5 years. Dealer service manager told me to stop bringing it back as "there is nothing more they can do". Corp RamCare denied warranty coverage and extended warranty has denied 3 claims.

Original Review: Worst vehicle I ever owned. Terrible purchase experience from Dodge dealership in Conroe, TX and nothing but ongoing issues since day 1. In fact, even got home the day I picked it up from the dealer. Left parking lot onto street and had to return to drop in service department for two weeks. Rear window won't roll up, rack & pinion stripped gears, start button stuck and can't turn vehicle off, paint flaking off roof, alignment way off and won't stay put, drooping driver's side visor, radio drifts and changes functions when hot, shifting problems, map lights failed, leaking 3rd brake light, rear pinion seal leaking. Total lemon. Dodge won't take back. Dealer told me to stop bringing it in after 12 trips to shop in 3 years. Arbitration service said no warranty as long as vehicle is drivable. Dodge customer service said no warranty if vehicle kept outdoors. Run far and fast from Dodge. Total Garbage and Waste of $40K.

Reviewed Jan. 11, 2019

My 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 has sat at the dealership for eight months now (since 5-10-2018). Not only was my claim within the 10 years and 100,000 miles, it could have caused a deadly accident. I just wanted the damage fixed. After eight months and the value dropping even further they completely denied the claim and would not even assist with some type of discount. My truck is inoperable and I paid $48,000 10 years ago. Now I am left with nothing and no recourse. If I have learned anything it is never buy from this company.

Reviewed Jan. 3, 2019

I purchased a 2017 Ram 3500 crew cab dually Laramie edition for my hauling business. Within the first week I was at the dealer with a complaint about wind noise coming through the back cab. They sent me to their glass department where I was told the back window wasn’t properly set from the factory. They said they have seen this before and the only way to fix it was they remove the back window and replace it. Being that the truck was only a week old I was extremely hesitant but agreed to the repair. Two weeks later I was back with the same problem and now when it rained water would come in and drop down the rear seat.

I took it to another Ram dealer and this time was told after several test drives with their body technicians that the seams on the back of the cab were not formed together correctly and that’s where the wind noise was coming from not the rear window. Their solution for the repair was to remove the bed, fix the seams, repaint the back cab and then reinstall the bed. They would also take out the rear window once again and try and reseal it. I declined the repair and will be trading my brand new 68k truck in for a different brand. I have called Ram advanced support team and they have refused to take the truck back and give me another one. They said I must go through the repair process before they will discuss any further options.

Reviewed Jan. 1, 2019

I bought my 2016 Dodge Ram 4X4 Cummings diesel used in Coldwater Michigan. I live in Northern Indiana. The truck had 33,000 miles on it. I have had no problems with this truck. Changed the fuel filters when I first got it and did an oil change. The truck runs like a top. I haul a 32 foot travel trailer in the summer months to go camping and it tows so much better than my gas model Ram 2500. It was a 2008. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. Love this truck...

Reviewed Dec. 31, 2018

Updated on 01/14/2019: The worst truck ever saga continues. Since picking up my truck after 14,000 in damages, almost 3 months in the shop, my truck still jumps from park into drive while running, and the dashboard lights up and the speedometer needle jumps to 10 mph with the engine off and the key out of the ignition. I am at 29,000 miles and according to my insurance company and two dealers that I’ve spoken with, I am stuck with this truck. Oh, of course the dealers would love to sell me another new truck with no deals or incentives. Way to go Mopar!! Another non-satisfied customer!!!

Original Review: I will try to keep this as brief as possible. Bought the truck new in 2017. July of 2018 received recall for auto park. Previously I had no issues. After I took the truck in, nothing but problems with the auto park. Either the truck won’t go into gear or it will jump from park into drive. In October 2018 my wife was sitting in the truck with engine running and in park and it jumped into drive and drove her into a pond. After 700.00 in towing, almost 14,000 in repairs, 2 1/2 months of being in the shop and I just picked up the truck December 27, and the truck still jumps into drive from park! Anyone heard of any lawsuits concerning this issue? We have contacted the NHSB and we encourage you to do the same!!!

Customer Service

Reviewed Dec. 29, 2018

We purchased our 2019 Dodge Ram Lone Star on Labor Day of 2018, from All-Star Dodge in Canyon, TX. We live on 3 miles of dirt road, out in the country! The cab of our NEW pickup fills up with dirt every time we go down it! So much it’s suffocating! I’ve taken our truck to All-Star and they took pictures and they sent them into Chrysler, but they said the doors looked completely sealed. Since then I’ve sent MORE pictures and a video to Salvador at All-Star and still nothing is being done!???

My advice, don’t buy one of these, if you’re going to be driving it on dirt roads!! That’s pretty much why we own/buy trucks, because we live on a dirt road!! We own Fords and have owned Chevys and NEVER have we had dirt filling the cab, of our other pickups anytime!! Oh and I’m VERY OCD, about keeping my vehicles clean, at all times and I CAN’T KEEP THIS ONE CLEAN, AT ALL ON THE INSIDE!! We’ve had this truck starting January 1, 2019 goin' on 5 months, that being said! I’ve been inhaling all the dirt and continue to, all this time and have been sneezing, coughing and dealing with sinus infections, from this crap!

I’m headed back to Amarillo today 12-29-18, so YES I’m going to All-Star Dodge AGAIN & gonna see about getting someone higher up the ladder or having Salvador call someone higher than him!! Sick of this crap!! Oh yes and the trucks under warranty and I’ve already heard that All-Star Dodge will not/do not stand behind their word of, “We will take care of our customers!” So DON’T SHOP THERE!!

Online & App

Reviewed Dec. 23, 2018

The Android Auto does not allow you to send a text message without taking your eyes off the road to touch the screen to activate the texting option. My 2017 made it possible to activate a text message from the steering wheel control without taking your eyes off the road, the 2019 is a step backwards in my opinion, moreover, if I had know this was going to be the only way to send a text message, I would not have purchased this truck.

Reviewed Dec. 17, 2018

April 2017 I purchased a 2006 Dodge Ram from Mak Haik. In June 2018 the wheel separated from the vehicle sending the vehicle into a few flips. The airbags never deployed for me the driver or my passenger.