Dodge

Compare Car Brands

Research top Car Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have always thought the Dodge Avenger was a piece of junk then I read all of the reviews and I see I am not alone in my feelings. The 2012 constantly had problems and a very bad view in the rear. Dealership lied to me, told me it had only been vocal on their lot in a small town. I find that it actually was a rental car and that the mileage was possibly turn back when it came up on Carfax. They would only given me 7500 when I have gotten 11000. Senior lady taken advantage of.

I remember one Mother's Day, my husband and I were driving and came across some railroad track. And as we were slowly crossing over the whole right side bar breaks that the first day the second day I had to get it tied back to the car lot where I bought it. He knew it was a piece of trash be not even a week into buying it. I need a new motor. Oh I can go on and on.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Read reviews about different Dodge models:

Dodge brand overview:

Dodge was founded in 1900 as a manufacturer of auto parts, and the company began producing its own automobiles in 1914. They became a part of Chrysler in 1928. Dodge is now a division of Fiat Chrysler Automotive and is still considered the performance brand of the Chrysler family. The company also makes practical and work vehicles. Their model lineup includes sedans, sports cars, crossovers, SUVs, minivans, trucks and convertibles.

• Warranties: New Dodge vehicles come with several warranties, including a 5-year/60,000-mile powertrain limited warranty, a 3-year/36,000-mile basic limited warranty and a 5-year/100,000-mile roadside assistance. The powertrain and basic warranties are transferable, which adds to the vehicle’s resale value.
  • Apps: Dodge has several apps that are available for both Apple and Android devices. The Drive Dodge app includes detailed vehicle information, a parking reminder and Dodge Customer Assistance. The Mopar Companion app provides owners with information they might also find in an owner’s manual. The Uconnect® lets owners pair their devices with their cars for hands-free calls and music streaming.
  • Cost tools: Interested consumers can easily research the cost of Dodge vehicles on the company’s website. Consumers can view special offers, use a payment calculator, get a quote, apply for credit and get an estimated value of their trade in.
  • Dodge credit card: Those who plan to purchase a Dodge should consider applying for the Dodge branded MasterCard. They will earn three points for every dollar spent at the dealership as well as points on other purchases. Points can be used for vehicle purchases, parts and services from the dealership, travel expenses, gift cards and cash back.
  • Online shopping tools: Dodge’s website lets interested customers build and price any model, browse local inventory, schedule a test drive, download a catalogue and compare models. They can also sign up to receive updates about the brand.
  • Best for Dodge offers makes and models to fit every need and most budgets.

Dodge Company Profile