2. Automotive

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Dodge Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

My 2011 Challenger RT 5.7L drives like a dream and has been very reliable thus far, 2 years now! I did quite allot to it though to make it that way and I have some serious issues with some of what dodge did with this car! First as an RT it should have had a LSD rear end standard, not just a traction control system! 2nd the rear headrests are a blind spot issue and cause wrecks, I removed mine and don't carry passengers in the rear seats. 3rd the cloth seats are junk, I removed and installed a Katzkin leather seat kit on mine, also making it a custom rear headrest delete setup! 4th the exhaust pipes are 2 1/4" dia. on a automatic car making it over rated at 372hp! The stick shift cars get a 2 1/2" dia. pipe size stock, I changed mine to a Gibson 2 1/2" cat-back with resonator exhaust system, now with a drop in K&N filter and a non-resonator cold air box intake tube from a 2011 Charger application, I am getting the full 372 "plus" horse power!

5th there is no transmission dipstick, I bought an aftermarket dipstick tool to service my transmission at 40,000 miles! 6th the rear drive shaft coupler bolts on the rear end side are grade 5 and they break! I replaced mine with pink Dodge SRT Challenger grade 8 bolts shortened 1/4" to fit. 7th the PCV system lets oil get sucked into the intake manifold at all times!? I installed a UPR billet fender mount catch can on the factory fender tab "like one was supposed to be there"? Now controlling the oil issue well!

I did not have to deal with all the recall issues as I bought my car used with 42,00 miles on it and the old owner did all that, I have only put 8,000 miles on it! I love the sport tuned suspension as it smooths out the road and you don't feel the harshness of the race tuned version! It handles much better than they say! The 13 3/4" disk dual piston brakes are great but I upgraded to Napa Police rotors up front and Dodge performance pads as the old rotors warped. With the MDS "4-8 cylinder system" I got 27mpg on a 1,200 mile trip cross country! Overall I am very happy with my purchase of the 2011 Dodge Challenger modified car!

Original review: April 6, 2020

Love them and their products. Reasonably priced, customer service at its highest. Didnt have a long wait time and the issue was fixed in a timely matter. Havent had any other problems. Everything was in working order. We requested our parts back, and they gave them back bagged up.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

We currently own a 2012 Dodge Ram and a 2014 Dodge Durango. We purchased both new. We have had the tail light on the Durango replaced 6 times due to moisture leaks since purchasing it in 7/2014. The part number has changed at least 4 times, as one of the previous customer service reps put it "because they are having an issue with manufacturing a part that doesn't have issues". We have spent hours on phone calls between the dealership and Dodge to arrange to have the tail light repaired the last 6 times, not to mention the amount of time it has been in the shop and time we had to take off work to take it in.

Last year when we had it replaced for the sixth time, we were advised by the dealership the tail light would be covered for 24 months. We now have a leak a year later and we advised by the dealership that we needed to call Dodge to have it approved. After back and forth between Dodge and the dealership, because one would point the responsibility to the other, Dodge doesn't want to approve it because the part is no longer under warranty from the initial replacement, regardless that this is a consistent issue, we would need to pay it. We asked to speak to a customer service supervisor and were told we would get a call back. The supervisor repeated that we would have to pay for it, and it was not Dodge's problem that we've had the same part issue seven times.

We asked to speak to his supervisor and he refused because there is no one else above him (as a level 2 supervisor). We asked to speak to another supervisor and he stated there were no other supervisors. We asked to speak to his boss, he said their is no one else above him. My husband asked four times before becoming irritate at which time the supervisor disconnected the call. Did I mention this is over the same part that has been replaced 6 times? I am concerned about water exposure to the electrical components, whether causing a fire or a malfunction while I am driving. There are two other complaints about the tail light leaks in less than a month on Dodge's Facebook page.

We had been discussing purchasing a Jeep within the next year or two and purchasing a new Dodge Ram within the next 4-5 years, but I am not paying money to any companies affiliated with Dodge. We are never buying a Dodge again due to poor customer service. We will be bumping up our next vehicle purchase so we can get out of under the Durango.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Ram tells you they have tow mirrors on their trucks. This is not tow mirrors. We bought our ram to pull our camper. It pulls fine, but the mirrors are useless. You can't see behind or beside you. We contacted ram only to be told you can purchase tow mirrors for 450.00. Are you kidding me? With what we paid it should come standard. So to make a long story short don't buy a ram if you plan to tow a camper or big boat or trailer.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

Bought a brand new Dodge Journey back in 2018. Love the look of it but it kept breaking down with problems and they never fixed it right and got worse so I gave it back. Now I still have to pay 18000 on a vehicle that I don't have because it would never get fixed right, why it was still under warranty, would never buy a Journey or any Dodge in my life ever again.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I bought a 2017 charger and while under warranty the infotainment screen started to malfunction. There was a fluid inside the screen that kept expanding. I contacted the dealership which in turn submitted a claim to get the screen repaired. The car was still under warranty (under 36,000 miles). Dodge refused the claim and the dealership wants to charge me 2,800 dollars for the repair. It was a big mistake getting a Dodge since they don’t honor their warranty.

Original review: July 14, 2019

Interiors is falling apart. Have spoken with dealer whom offered a partial repair under good will. Manufacturer won't do anything. I purchased the lifetime bumper to bumper warranty which they won't honor. Couldn't be more disappointed or frustrated. I am planning on going back to dealer tomorrow and speak to Gen. manager. I own 1 Chrysler, 2 Rams & 1 Dodge Charger And this is how I'm treated. Very sad. Purchased from BlueBonnet Dodge in New Braunfels, Texas. Ordered with custom interior. Avoid this dealership.

Original review: July 14, 2019

Journey 2011. I recommend to keep looking. Our Journey has a horn that randomly goes off. Lights that stay on until engine is off. Wipers that turn on by themselves and won’t shut off. Wiper fluid will not spray. Engine trouble within the first 6 months as I drove it to the shop smoking as it died in the parking lot.

Mechanic fixed engine and reset electrical by unhooking battery cables for 30 minutes. All on our dime after owning this vehicle for a short time.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Purchased in early 2010 it had 30k miles. Yes gas leaked but I just didn’t top it off. Other than that no issues. It had 200k miles on it when I sold it. Never had any major issues that weren’t self inflicted. Routinely drove it 1000 miles with no issues. It’s still on the road with new owner. The car I got to replace it has already been traded in due to issues and I miss my Nitro!

Original review: May 28, 2019

I’ve had the Dodge Rewards Mastercard with FNBO for over 2 years. I’ve never had a late payment and always pay more than the minimum before the due date. I received notification from a credit monitoring service that my account had been closed. After investigating I discovered that FNBO had closed my account without warning. This is an incredibly poor way to treat good customers. AVOID THIS BANK AND CARD!!! I hope others will see this warning before they make the same mistake I did!

Dodge Company Information