3.08/5

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

24 Dodge Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Bought 04 Dodge 3500 diesel 5.9 new in 05, for $42K. Current miles 78K. Replaced ball joints, entire front axle (tire locked up), injector (needs all now), ECM, clear coat peeling. Dodge won't fix any.

Original review: July 5, 2018

Dodge is a great manufacturer of vehicles. Made to last and definitely go hard and play hard machines. I like that they are made tough, easy to drive, good gas mileage, and easy to fix if something goes wrong. Wouldn't trade a Dodge for a dozen Hondas. They just don't hold up. Love my dodge and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Dodge Neon was a decent car that I bought used. I bought this car because of the price, as well as the availability of parts in case I needed to work on it. Moreover, the car gets great gas mileage and is a smooth ride, even for being an older model. It does need some work done to it though like replacing the circuit board for the instrument panel cluster but that is cheap and I will get it done. So far, this car has taken me through an emergency move of over 2000 miles with no serious issues. However, it has no power door locks or windows, as well as power mirrors and no locking gas cap. A CD player with a front auxiliary jack would be an improvement though.

Original review: July 2, 2018

The Dodge Neon is my first car. I've only had it a month and a half but it's gotten me from point a to point b. Its had a couple issues with the tire going flat and I've had my ac pump explode but I still love it. It's great on gas, a 4 cylinder, and its only take $20 to fill it up. I love small cars. I'm really short so have problems driving but this fits me perfectly. I don't like big trucks or SUVs and I've always wants a Neon. I love the way the front end looks. The headlights are cool and green. However, the bumper is broken and the side by the back wheel well is bent in and there's a knock in the engine. I also don't really care for that it's manual everything. It has manual locks and windows which really get to be a pain after a while.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I loved the Dodge truck. My experience was very good. Overall ran well, had very good engine, got me from point a to point b, and very good during bad weather and what not. It's not too big and not too small. I love trucks and it's handy for when you have to move houses. I like that you can fit a lot of things in the back. It also has a nice radio and the seats are nice and very spacious. But I don't like how the screws kept coming lose and the gas mileage. I didn't really like it at first because of how it sounded but it was just because it had a screw loose. Still, it wasn't a bad truck. I would by another one if I had the money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge?

Original review: June 28, 2018

The 2002 Dodge is the best of all vehicles I have owned compared to Chevrolet. I would not have any other kind. The parts are at great prices, and barely ever breaks down. The whole time I have owned the car replaced alternator, shoes and pads, screen in transmission and fluids, new tires, put in a rear hitch, ac compressor. However, I would have rear air, navigation system, disc radio with AM and FM, and better headlight made out of a better material than plastic. It tarnish too easily. And the headliner it needs to have better heat reflector in it.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I really like this car. It's very comfortable to drive. The seats are like my living room chairs so that I can sit up straight which is nice on my back. The car is also easy to get in and out of. I really like my stow and go back seats. I always have plenty of room. I've used this car to move all my furniture to my new home. I like the battery connections where I can charge my phone too. I wish it had the automatic sliding side doors though. I worry about the kid's fingers when they are shutting the door. It would be nice to have the hands free option.

Original review: June 26, 2018

My son bought the car brand new, but decided he wanted something different. I had just totaled my BMW SUV so I bought the Dodge from him so he could use that money for a down payment. Was not happy at all. We had a lot of problems. The car was always in the shop. The transmission was bad and had to be taken in twice in six months for service. The headlights has a short in them and was constantly bowing out fuses. The gas cap was attached by a very thin piece of plastic that snapped off so the engine light stayed on even though there was no way to replace it. The engine is not very powerful. The car is sluggish and has no torque to speak of. The sunroof broke and wouldn't open. The workmanship was very shoddy. The only thing positive I can say is that the truck was pretty big and the gas mileage wasn't terrible.

Original review: June 24, 2018

My 2000 Dodge Neon has been an excellent commuter car. It has yet to give me any unbearable issues. For being an older vehicle, I would most definitely consider the same model when it comes time to purchasing a new car. I purchased this vehicle used, the mileage was good and so was the price. Plus being a manual transmission, there was no way I could say no. It was comfortable and I liked how peppy it was when I tested it out. Shifting smoothly from one gear to the next. However, there could be more spacious throughout the entire vehicle, I'm not that fond of there being power windows up front, but manual windows for the back. If I had a choice I'd prefer manual windows throughout.

Original review: June 23, 2018

My Dodge van is very reliable and comfortable and attractive. Capable of hauling large items and I don't have to worry about getting a large purchase when out shopping and can provide sitting for large groups of people. I wish I would get more miles per gallon of gasoline. Wish seats would be easier to let down and lift up. Also, I would like more advanced technology, such as built-in GPS. Overall, my Dodge minivan has met my expectations and has required few repairs.

Original review: June 22, 2018

The sheer ruggedness of Dodge is a selling point. And I chose Dodge for its history. I've owned Dodge vehicles since I was 16 and am extremely brand loyal. Features such as the low gear, the hauling capacity, and the aesthetic appeal are always top of my list. My experience has been fantastic. Dodge is always tough and keeps up with my hauling needs. I haul heavy loads of produce 3 times a week so a lot of wear and tear goes on this vehicle and it still goes like a champ. But the heating system is slow to warm up. The defrost could be stronger. Next time I'm getting heated seats. I would like to see it come with a standard bed liner.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I like the car. It's very nice, it has comfortable smooth handling of the ride, and the seats are comfortable. We enjoy it as a family, we really like the roominess. We like the stow and go seating, the air and heat are great too. We also like the remote start and sound system. On the other hand, they should improve the daytime running lights, DVD player, more cup holders, automatic sliding doors, and automatic rear hatch. I would like the child seats in the car to improve, the seat belt restraining for the car seats for the children are not considered safe.

Original review: June 16, 2018

We really like being part of the Dodge family. It's a brand we trust and will continue to invest in for years to come. We like the hands free feature of the 2016 Dodge Durango and the push start, although we highly dislike the energy saver button. It can be dangerous if it's not working correctly.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I like the three row seats in it, it is very comfortable to ride in and the back doors open wide so if you are hurt or sick you don't have a hard time to get in. It has enough room for all the family to ride together when we go on trips or out to eat. I have a six foot tall son that has plenty of room in the middle seat for him to set comfortable. Wish they had full seats in the front seat, hate bucket seats. Also, don't understand why they never tint the front windows like they do the back ones.

Original review: June 13, 2018

This is my first time purchasing from this car manufacturer, but so far the process has been pleasurable. I trust in the brand and appreciate their innovation. I like the fact that it is large enough to fit my family. I trust in the safety. I like the placement of airbags and seats to help ensure we are safe. I like the styling of the vehicle. While I know I have an older vehicle, I would appreciate an underbody camera view, at very least, the rearview camera. The mobile wi-fi is a nice feature, though not needed.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Vehicle broke and left me on side of road. All the issues I experienced seem to be a faulty alternator (Radio went crazy, cold air turned to hot air, messages started going crazy, electric windows stuck and finally car killed). Seems there is a recall on the alternator. I had to pay out of my pocket to get it towed. I am having to request and wait up to 60 days to see if they will refund me. In the meantime I am with no car because of their engineering. They are also ordering parts that are under warranty. I have no clue when I will get my car back.

Original review: May 2, 2018

3rd Dodge Intrepid I owned, best car ever. Midsize car with AMPLE, leg room for the tall folks who sit in the back. Should have kept this car in their lineup. I LOVE IT. I LOVE A DODGE truck, car, etc. GREAT PRICE. GREAT PERFORMANCE.

Original review: April 29, 2018

My 2004 Dodge Neon is the best car I've owned in a long time. It's in great shape, low miles. Gets good gas mileage. Never leaves me stranded. Easy to fix.

Resolution response: Nov. 21, 2017

Finally heard back from the Dodge case manager. The dealer updated new radio software and installed a new battery. I will pick up the car today. Hopefully this solves the problem.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Purchased this vehicle in early September. I have already had to bring it back to the dealer twice. The first issue was with the touchscreen. It would freeze up at times, it would shut off completely at times and it would stay on after the car was shut off for hours. Brought it to the dealer and they checked with Dodge who advised they are aware of these type of problems in the Dodges but they don't have a fix yet. The engineers are working on a solution and hope to have something in the first quarter of 2018. OK. I took the vehicle back obviously upset. The Touchscreen was working ok for a couple of weeks. Then when I went to start the car one night the vehicle was 100% dead in my garage. Had the vehicle towed back to the dealership and I told them I don't want this piece of...

By the way Chrysler Roadside assistance was terrible to deal with. I called at 7 AM and their assistance finally arrived at 3 PM. I HAD TO LOSE A DAY OR WORK. I contacted Dodge for the 4th time relative to issues with this car. Every time I contacted them the customer service person would read the same script to me. "Oh we are sorry, we will have a case manager call you within 24 hours" and no one ever called back. So I tried to get resolution with the dealer who said they could not do anything that I would have to contact Dodge. Seeing I leased this car I tried the leasing company who said they could not help, that I would have to go to the dealer who may be willing to buy the car back.

Bottom line when you are negotiating to buy a vehicle everyone is responsive and wants to help. When you have a problem with a brand new vehicle everyone runs for the hills. Terribly disappointed with Dodge who have irresponsibly manufactured a vehicle they know has Touchscreen issues. Today I am waiting for a call back from Dodge who told me yesterday I would hear back within 24 hours. We will see. If they don't call my Lawyer will get involved.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I bought an oil change package (4 changes) from Dodge. I am asking for an extension (a few months) on the very last oil change because it has been less than 2,000 miles since my last oil change. Does not seem like a big deal to me. Unfortunately Dodge thought so. Refuses to do it. They have a Case Manager named "JUDY" that digs her heels in instead of keeping a happy customer. Is this the way to do business these days? I don't think so. Enjoy that promotion you were telling me about Judy, I am not sure you are deserving of it.

Original review: July 27, 2017

Where do I begin? Urse Dodge provided my husband with a lease vehicle, a new at the time 2015 Dodge eco diesel... that has been in the shop for the third time after presenting the same symptoms. The dealership worked on the vehicle this time with a general master mechanic from Dodge. It took 21 days to "fix" (around a couple weeks previous times) and the "fix" happens to involve purchasing an additive to every fuel up. They cannot even assure us the problem is diagnosed and resolved. We explain that we both work. A loaner vehicle is not an option with the dealership. We say I am almost 8 months pregnant and cannot risk being brought to the hospital and have it break down again - each time it has only been a month or so between repairs when the same issue occurred and stalled the vehicle.

We have ZERO confidence in the performance of this vehicle because it seems obvious there is a flaw in the eco diesel emission system that hasn't been figured out yet, and we resent being part of these experimental fixes while our livelihoods and my and my child's safety are at risk. If my husband tries to drive me to the hospital while I'm in labor in this vehicle and it stalls out, that is a safety issue! We have asked the dealership for a trade with a reliable vehicle but they have only offered vehicles that are way more expensive and that is unacceptable - this was not a cheap investment in the first place. We have asked the dealership for a way out of the lease and compensation for a lost trade investment - not to mention compensation for lost wages from being compromised in transport, the extra travel expenses incurred in getting a fixer upper to use during the lengthy repair - but of course they can't do that either.

Every dead end is met with little sympathy, and statements like "our hands are tied, take it up with corporate." We did. We took it up with Dodge Chrysler customer care and started a case and asked for these same resolutions, but we were told to try the vehicle and if it does break down again go back to the dealership?! Dodge customer care stated they cannot help with anything of a financial matter or legal matter. I resent the lack of resolution options from both Dodge and the dealership in addressing this issue. I will be taking this up with the Attorney General, Consumer Affairs and will continue discussing this with our attorney.

Original review: June 10, 2017

My 2015 Dodge Charger has been broken into TWICE! In past year, the alarm NEVER goes off. On top of that, the officers that have some the reports both said the same thing which was "Dodge has a defect in the driver side door lock that makes it quick and easy for thieves to pop it without the alarM going off. Dodge knows of it but hasn't done a recall because they want to save money". I feel like it's very unprofessional to not do a recall on this issue but can do a recall on simple things like jacks and windshield wipers. This issue is costing me $500 (deductible) through my insurance company, something I as a loyal Customer should NOT have to pay for! Reason being, Dodge is being inconsiderate with their customers.

Today my husband called Dodge (not the dealership) about the issue and they told us they would not be reimbursing our money because they haven't done a recall. It's very ridiculous. This is my second charger. Because I liked it so much I did an upgrade which ultimately became a downgrade. I will NOT be shopping for Dodge vehicles anymore and will be trading the one I currently have in within the next 30 days. I guess I'll be a Chevy customer next. They'll get my hard earned money before I ever give it to Dodge again! This is a sorry manufacturer, and also my husband will be trading his Ram for a different manufacturer because of the way Dodge treats their customers. Very unprofessional.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2016

I have always thought the Dodge Avenger was a piece of junk then I read all of the reviews and I see I am not alone in my feelings. The 2012 constantly had problems and a very bad view in the rear. Dealership lied to me, told me it had only been vocal on their lot in a small town. I find that it actually was a rental car and that the mileage was possibly turn back when it came up on Carfax. They would only given me 7500 when I have gotten 11000. Senior lady taken advantage of.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2016

I remember one Mother's Day, my husband and I were driving and came across some railroad track. And as we were slowly crossing over the whole right side bar breaks that the first day the second day I had to get it tied back to the car lot where I bought it. He knew it was a piece of trash be not even a week into buying it. I need a new motor. Oh I can go on and on.

Dodge Company Information