2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

3.6/5 (334 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Dodge

Dodge is an American car manufacturer that makes cars, trucks, SUVs and minivans. Read reviews for their models:

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Dodge Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge?

Original review: July 21, 2021

I would've been a first time Dodge owner if it weren't for this miserable hellhole. I had thought about owning a Challenger Scat Pack for years, so this month I decided 2021 would be the year I'd make it happen. I worked with a "salesman" called Taylor "Red." In all our face-to-face interactions, he seemed completely uninterested in doing business with me, probably because I look young and mentioned I had test driven cars from other brands. Anyways, to make a long story short, I went for a one-hour test drive to make sure this was definitely the car I wanted.

When I got back from the test drive, the first thing Red asked is why I didn't answer my phone. I guess it didn't occur to him that I'd be focused on the test drive, not my phone. At this point he seemed downright irate. It was evident that he didn't take me seriously as a customer, but I figured he could at least answer a question I had about some powertrain settings in Uconnect. He asked me to show him what I was talking about, so we went out to the car. Red and I got into the car. This is where the experience nose-dived directly into the ground.

I showed him the settings I had a question about, and I commented on braking performance and he became belligerent. He proceeded to repeatedly call me a reckless driver (my driving record is perfect) and berated me over the car's break-in period requirement, the details of which I was not informed of at all. It's ignorant and irresponsible to assume I know. I didn't do anything crazy with the car, nor did I drive far, but Red acted as though the car was totaled. Unbelievable. The experience was incredibly uncomfortable and humiliating. He treated me like a child. Unforgivable and unacceptable. Guy, I'm probably older than you.

I have never in my entire life been treated so poorly. After Red's meltdown he had the unmitigated gall to say, in the most unenthusiastic and annoyed tone, let us know when you're interested to buy and stormed back inside. Are you ** serious? From what corner of hell did you find this miserable creature, Rairdon? Do you think this is acceptable? You seem to since other people have had similar problems with Red and other staff members. It's 2021. Enough of the sleazy, pushy, and rude used car salesmen tactics of the 80's. It's costing you and Dodge business. Stop. Think.

I left immediately after. I felt horrible for the rest of the day. Red, you do not speak to a customer like this. Ever. Period. You are bad at your job. Your emotional outburst cost you my business, future customers, and now your and your employer's reputation are irreparably damaged. I'm definitely reconsidering Dodge now. I'm only interested in doing business with companies that respect me and want my business.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

I do like my Durango and everything it had to offer and keep up with all the necessary maintenance on my vehicle. I had my drivers side seat belt go out and ended up replacing it for over $300. Then not too far down the road my passenger side seat belt goes out and my air bag light comes on the dash area. I take my vehicle into my dealer and they tell me there is a short in the air bag wiring and it would be around $900 to fix.

I call Dodge after seeing if there were any recalls and talk to a representative about my safety concerns and that I have not done any after market work to my vehicle so I feel the short in the wiring should be replaced and is not normal wear and tear. After being on hold for a bit I’m informed there is nothing they can do and it is considered normal wear and tear. I have never had any seatbelt issues in any of the other several cars I own and a short in a wire for air bag safety is from your end with assembling and checking the vehicle. I even informed the representative I would even be willing to pay half to fix the air bags and seat belt because I do like my Durango. I think the end result for me will be to trade in my vehicle and purchase from another manufacturer.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

On September 13th, 2020 me and my family were coming back from Port Aransas my mom's mom let us borrow her 2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad and when we gave it back to her a couple minutes later when my mom's mom was going back to her house the transmission went out.

Original review: April 6, 2020

Love them and their products. Reasonably priced, customer service at its highest. Didnt have a long wait time and the issue was fixed in a timely matter. Havent had any other problems. Everything was in working order. We requested our parts back, and they gave them back bagged up.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

We currently own a 2012 Dodge Ram and a 2014 Dodge Durango. We purchased both new. We have had the tail light on the Durango replaced 6 times due to moisture leaks since purchasing it in 7/2014. The part number has changed at least 4 times, as one of the previous customer service reps put it "because they are having an issue with manufacturing a part that doesn't have issues". We have spent hours on phone calls between the dealership and Dodge to arrange to have the tail light repaired the last 6 times, not to mention the amount of time it has been in the shop and time we had to take off work to take it in.

Last year when we had it replaced for the sixth time, we were advised by the dealership the tail light would be covered for 24 months. We now have a leak a year later and we advised by the dealership that we needed to call Dodge to have it approved. After back and forth between Dodge and the dealership, because one would point the responsibility to the other, Dodge doesn't want to approve it because the part is no longer under warranty from the initial replacement, regardless that this is a consistent issue, we would need to pay it. We asked to speak to a customer service supervisor and were told we would get a call back. The supervisor repeated that we would have to pay for it, and it was not Dodge's problem that we've had the same part issue seven times.

We asked to speak to his supervisor and he refused because there is no one else above him (as a level 2 supervisor). We asked to speak to another supervisor and he stated there were no other supervisors. We asked to speak to his boss, he said their is no one else above him. My husband asked four times before becoming irritate at which time the supervisor disconnected the call. Did I mention this is over the same part that has been replaced 6 times? I am concerned about water exposure to the electrical components, whether causing a fire or a malfunction while I am driving. There are two other complaints about the tail light leaks in less than a month on Dodge's Facebook page.

We had been discussing purchasing a Jeep within the next year or two and purchasing a new Dodge Ram within the next 4-5 years, but I am not paying money to any companies affiliated with Dodge. We are never buying a Dodge again due to poor customer service. We will be bumping up our next vehicle purchase so we can get out of under the Durango.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Ram tells you they have tow mirrors on their trucks. This is not tow mirrors. We bought our ram to pull our camper. It pulls fine, but the mirrors are useless. You can't see behind or beside you. We contacted ram only to be told you can purchase tow mirrors for 450.00. Are you kidding me? With what we paid it should come standard. So to make a long story short don't buy a ram if you plan to tow a camper or big boat or trailer.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

Bought a brand new Dodge Journey back in 2018. Love the look of it but it kept breaking down with problems and they never fixed it right and got worse so I gave it back. Now I still have to pay 18000 on a vehicle that I don't have because it would never get fixed right, why it was still under warranty, would never buy a Journey or any Dodge in my life ever again.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I bought a 2017 charger and while under warranty the infotainment screen started to malfunction. There was a fluid inside the screen that kept expanding. I contacted the dealership which in turn submitted a claim to get the screen repaired. The car was still under warranty (under 36,000 miles). Dodge refused the claim and the dealership wants to charge me 2,800 dollars for the repair. It was a big mistake getting a Dodge since they don’t honor their warranty.

Original review: July 14, 2019

Interiors is falling apart. Have spoken with dealer whom offered a partial repair under good will. Manufacturer won't do anything. I purchased the lifetime bumper to bumper warranty which they won't honor. Couldn't be more disappointed or frustrated. I am planning on going back to dealer tomorrow and speak to Gen. manager. I own 1 Chrysler, 2 Rams & 1 Dodge Charger And this is how I'm treated. Very sad. Purchased from BlueBonnet Dodge in New Braunfels, Texas. Ordered with custom interior. Avoid this dealership.

Original review: July 14, 2019

Journey 2011. I recommend to keep looking. Our Journey has a horn that randomly goes off. Lights that stay on until engine is off. Wipers that turn on by themselves and won’t shut off. Wiper fluid will not spray. Engine trouble within the first 6 months as I drove it to the shop smoking as it died in the parking lot.

Mechanic fixed engine and reset electrical by unhooking battery cables for 30 minutes. All on our dime after owning this vehicle for a short time.

Dodge Company Information