2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.52/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Dodge is an American car manufacturer that makes cars, trucks, SUVs and minivans. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Dodge Reviews

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

We currently own a 2012 Dodge Ram and a 2014 Dodge Durango. We purchased both new. We have had the tail light on the Durango replaced 6 times due to moisture leaks since purchasing it in 7/2014. The part number has changed at least 4 times, as one of the previous customer service reps put it "because they are having an issue with manufacturing a part that doesn't have issues". We have spent hours on phone calls between the dealership and Dodge to arrange to have the tail light repaired the last 6 times, not to mention the amount of time it has been in the shop and time we had to take off work to take it in.

Last year when we had it replaced for the sixth time, we were advised by the dealership the tail light would be covered for 24 months. We now have a leak a year later and we advised by the dealership that we needed to call Dodge to have it approved. After back and forth between Dodge and the dealership, because one would point the responsibility to the other, Dodge doesn't want to approve it because the part is no longer under warranty from the initial replacement, regardless that this is a consistent issue, we would need to pay it. We asked to speak to a customer service supervisor and were told we would get a call back. The supervisor repeated that we would have to pay for it, and it was not Dodge's problem that we've had the same part issue seven times.

We asked to speak to his supervisor and he refused because there is no one else above him (as a level 2 supervisor). We asked to speak to another supervisor and he stated there were no other supervisors. We asked to speak to his boss, he said their is no one else above him. My husband asked four times before becoming irritate at which time the supervisor disconnected the call. Did I mention this is over the same part that has been replaced 6 times? I am concerned about water exposure to the electrical components, whether causing a fire or a malfunction while I am driving. There are two other complaints about the tail light leaks in less than a month on Dodge's Facebook page.

We had been discussing purchasing a Jeep within the next year or two and purchasing a new Dodge Ram within the next 4-5 years, but I am not paying money to any companies affiliated with Dodge. We are never buying a Dodge again due to poor customer service. We will be bumping up our next vehicle purchase so we can get out of under the Durango.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Ram tells you they have tow mirrors on their trucks. This is not tow mirrors. We bought our ram to pull our camper. It pulls fine, but the mirrors are useless. You can't see behind or beside you. We contacted ram only to be told you can purchase tow mirrors for 450.00. Are you kidding me? With what we paid it should come standard. So to make a long story short don't buy a ram if you plan to tow a camper or big boat or trailer.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

Bought a brand new Dodge Journey back in 2018. Love the look of it but it kept breaking down with problems and they never fixed it right and got worse so I gave it back. Now I still have to pay 18000 on a vehicle that I don't have because it would never get fixed right, why it was still under warranty, would never buy a Journey or any Dodge in my life ever again.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I bought a 2017 charger and while under warranty the infotainment screen started to malfunction. There was a fluid inside the screen that kept expanding. I contacted the dealership which in turn submitted a claim to get the screen repaired. The car was still under warranty (under 36,000 miles). Dodge refused the claim and the dealership wants to charge me 2,800 dollars for the repair. It was a big mistake getting a Dodge since they don’t honor their warranty.

Original review: July 14, 2019

Interiors is falling apart. Have spoken with dealer whom offered a partial repair under good will. Manufacturer won't do anything. I purchased the lifetime bumper to bumper warranty which they won't honor. Couldn't be more disappointed or frustrated. I am planning on going back to dealer tomorrow and speak to Gen. manager. I own 1 Chrysler, 2 Rams & 1 Dodge Charger And this is how I'm treated. Very sad. Purchased from BlueBonnet Dodge in New Braunfels, Texas. Ordered with custom interior. Avoid this dealership.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge?

Original review: July 14, 2019

Journey 2011. I recommend to keep looking. Our Journey has a horn that randomly goes off. Lights that stay on until engine is off. Wipers that turn on by themselves and won’t shut off. Wiper fluid will not spray. Engine trouble within the first 6 months as I drove it to the shop smoking as it died in the parking lot.

Mechanic fixed engine and reset electrical by unhooking battery cables for 30 minutes. All on our dime after owning this vehicle for a short time.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Purchased in early 2010 it had 30k miles. Yes gas leaked but I just didn’t top it off. Other than that no issues. It had 200k miles on it when I sold it. Never had any major issues that weren’t self inflicted. Routinely drove it 1000 miles with no issues. It’s still on the road with new owner. The car I got to replace it has already been traded in due to issues and I miss my Nitro!

Original review: May 28, 2019

I’ve had the Dodge Rewards Mastercard with FNBO for over 2 years. I’ve never had a late payment and always pay more than the minimum before the due date. I received notification from a credit monitoring service that my account had been closed. After investigating I discovered that FNBO had closed my account without warning. This is an incredibly poor way to treat good customers. AVOID THIS BANK AND CARD!!! I hope others will see this warning before they make the same mistake I did!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I bought a used 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 from an independent car dealer. I had it checked out at the time of purchase and all seemed to be fine, but nonetheless I purchased an extended warranty just in case. Four months later the engine developed a tick. I did some researching to find that the 5.7 Hemi has a tick at start up but goes away shortly after it warms up. My tick did not go away. More and more research revealed that hundreds of people have had problems with the exhaust manifold bolts breaking due to the inferior grade of bolts that Dodge used to secure the header to the exhaust manifold.

Whether it's the rapid heat build up or aluminum manifold that heats and cools too quickly I am not sure, but it is definitely a problem and Dodge knows it. It can happen on either the driver's side or passenger's side of the engine. And unless you replace all the bolts with stainless steel manifold bolts, you are just asking to have to do this over again in the future. Despite the fact they know they screwed up and this is going to cost their customers hundreds of dollars to fix, they have not issued a recall. They know they screwed up because you go to any Dodge dealer and they have a full set of stainless steel manifold bolts on hand just in case. Why would they keep these upgraded manifold bolts on hand if they didn't know this was a problem. This is why. Because they are avoiding a costly recall and passing the buck to their customers.

I took mine to a Dodge dealer to have it diagnosed to make sure it wasn't an internal issue like valves or something, but had a good suspicion of exactly what the problem was after the many reviews and forums I had read online. Sure enough, after a $140 diagnosis charge, they told me it was the broken exhaust manifold bolts and the gasket had also failed as a result. I presented my extended warranty and they called, but alas!! They will not cover any of the repairs because it was not the exhaust manifold itself or the header that failed, but the sub-grade bolts Dodge used. Leaving me to foot the cost of an estimated $720-$950 repair. And that's just for two bolts because they have to drill into the bolts to extract them from the manifold. Thanks Dodge!! You suck!!

They are dodging the bullet, or the recall. They know it is a problem and will only fix it if you are the original owner with the lifetime drivetrain warranty. Some extended warranties have covered it, but not mine. They also are getting a nasty review. They also know it's a problem and are finding loopholes not to cover the issue, again leaving the customer to foot the bill.

As I read up on all these forums, posts, reviews, I see that this has occurred across many years of Ram 1500's. From 2004-2013. Maybe the newer ones just have not busted yet, who knows. One thing I can tell you is that I am one buying American vehicles. They are shysters and will not own up to their faults. I can see why people pay the higher price tag of Toyota. They build vehicles that last and when they find a fault, they fix it rather than pass the buck to their customers. My best advice, DO NOT BUY DODGE!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

2018 Journey had 8 miles on it when I bought it two days after Thanksgiving 2018 and I’m sitting in the dealership with sensor code errors. Very frustrating to own a brand new car and have to spend the whole day in the service bay of the Dodge dealership.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Dodge Company Information