3.8/5 (138 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Dodge

Dodge is an American car manufacturer that makes cars, trucks, SUVs and minivans. Read reviews for their models:

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Dodge Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge?

Original review: June 23, 2022

I had a positive purchasing experience. I was very happy with the car for the first month/1000 miles until multiple issues surfaced. It looks appealing and rides nicely. However, this car has serious electrical problems and is a total safety hazard shutting off randomly while driving. Don’t get me started on the Uconnect system. You will regret buying one of these cars. Dodge really needs to get their act together. I can’t believe $50+ k for this car and it’s totally unreliable. Furthermore, service and repair is a total joke. I was told the local dealership in my area can’t get me in for almost 3 months and most of their staff isn’t trained yet on the new technology. UNBELIEVABLE, UNACCEPTABLE, NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: March 31, 2022

I bought a 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan March 2020 through Carvana. The defrost controls didn't work, but it was under warranty so they replaced the whole control board. April 2021 the same thing started again but this time it was just defrost and foot combo. It was no longer under warranty so we had to pay to have it replaced. March 2021 the passenger side only blows out high heat, even when the controls are set to cold and the AC is on. We tried all of the tricks to reset it and nothing has worked. If you google the issue it is something that thousands of people have had the same issue over decades of model years. This should be a recall.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

I purchased a 2009 Dodge Journey with around 71,000 miles on it and it just keeps breaking down. I get it fix and then another issue pops up. I haven't even had the chance to enjoy it because I just keep pouring money into fixing it. At this point it's not worth it anymore. I could've purchase another vehicle with what I've paid in repairs. It is currently broke down for the 4th time since getting it with a completely different issue. The vehicle is poorly put together.

Original review: July 21, 2021

I would've been a first time Dodge owner if it weren't for this miserable hellhole. I had thought about owning a Challenger Scat Pack for years, so this month I decided 2021 would be the year I'd make it happen. I worked with a "salesman" called Taylor "Red." In all our face-to-face interactions, he seemed completely uninterested in doing business with me, probably because I look young and mentioned I had test driven cars from other brands. Anyways, to make a long story short, I went for a one-hour test drive to make sure this was definitely the car I wanted.

When I got back from the test drive, the first thing Red asked is why I didn't answer my phone. I guess it didn't occur to him that I'd be focused on the test drive, not my phone. At this point he seemed downright irate. It was evident that he didn't take me seriously as a customer, but I figured he could at least answer a question I had about some powertrain settings in Uconnect. He asked me to show him what I was talking about, so we went out to the car. Red and I got into the car. This is where the experience nose-dived directly into the ground.

I showed him the settings I had a question about, and I commented on braking performance and he became belligerent. He proceeded to repeatedly call me a reckless driver (my driving record is perfect) and berated me over the car's break-in period requirement, the details of which I was not informed of at all. It's ignorant and irresponsible to assume I know. I didn't do anything crazy with the car, nor did I drive far, but Red acted as though the car was totaled. Unbelievable. The experience was incredibly uncomfortable and humiliating. He treated me like a child. Unforgivable and unacceptable. Guy, I'm probably older than you.

I have never in my entire life been treated so poorly. After Red's meltdown he had the unmitigated gall to say, in the most unenthusiastic and annoyed tone, let us know when you're interested to buy and stormed back inside. Are you ** serious? From what corner of hell did you find this miserable creature, Rairdon? Do you think this is acceptable? You seem to since other people have had similar problems with Red and other staff members. It's 2021. Enough of the sleazy, pushy, and rude used car salesmen tactics of the 80's. It's costing you and Dodge business. Stop. Think.

I left immediately after. I felt horrible for the rest of the day. Red, you do not speak to a customer like this. Ever. Period. You are bad at your job. Your emotional outburst cost you my business, future customers, and now your and your employer's reputation are irreparably damaged. I'm definitely reconsidering Dodge now. I'm only interested in doing business with companies that respect me and want my business.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

I do like my Durango and everything it had to offer and keep up with all the necessary maintenance on my vehicle. I had my drivers side seat belt go out and ended up replacing it for over $300. Then not too far down the road my passenger side seat belt goes out and my air bag light comes on the dash area. I take my vehicle into my dealer and they tell me there is a short in the air bag wiring and it would be around $900 to fix.

I call Dodge after seeing if there were any recalls and talk to a representative about my safety concerns and that I have not done any after market work to my vehicle so I feel the short in the wiring should be replaced and is not normal wear and tear. After being on hold for a bit I’m informed there is nothing they can do and it is considered normal wear and tear. I have never had any seatbelt issues in any of the other several cars I own and a short in a wire for air bag safety is from your end with assembling and checking the vehicle. I even informed the representative I would even be willing to pay half to fix the air bags and seat belt because I do like my Durango. I think the end result for me will be to trade in my vehicle and purchase from another manufacturer.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

On September 13th, 2020 me and my family were coming back from Port Aransas my mom's mom let us borrow her 2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad and when we gave it back to her a couple minutes later when my mom's mom was going back to her house the transmission went out.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

My 2011 Challenger RT 5.7L drives like a dream and has been very reliable thus far, 2 years now! I did quite allot to it though to make it that way and I have some serious issues with some of what dodge did with this car! First as an RT it should have had a LSD rear end standard, not just a traction control system! 2nd the rear headrests are a blind spot issue and cause wrecks, I removed mine and don't carry passengers in the rear seats. 3rd the cloth seats are junk, I removed and installed a Katzkin leather seat kit on mine, also making it a custom rear headrest delete setup! 4th the exhaust pipes are 2 1/4" dia. on a automatic car making it over rated at 372hp! The stick shift cars get a 2 1/2" dia. pipe size stock, I changed mine to a Gibson 2 1/2" cat-back with resonator exhaust system, now with a drop in K&N filter and a non-resonator cold air box intake tube from a 2011 Charger application, I am getting the full 372 "plus" horse power!

5th there is no transmission dipstick, I bought an aftermarket dipstick tool to service my transmission at 40,000 miles! 6th the rear drive shaft coupler bolts on the rear end side are grade 5 and they break! I replaced mine with pink Dodge SRT Challenger grade 8 bolts shortened 1/4" to fit. 7th the PCV system lets oil get sucked into the intake manifold at all times!? I installed a UPR billet fender mount catch can on the factory fender tab "like one was supposed to be there"? Now controlling the oil issue well!

I did not have to deal with all the recall issues as I bought my car used with 42,00 miles on it and the old owner did all that, I have only put 8,000 miles on it! I love the sport tuned suspension as it smooths out the road and you don't feel the harshness of the race tuned version! It handles much better than they say! The 13 3/4" disk dual piston brakes are great but I upgraded to Napa Police rotors up front and Dodge performance pads as the old rotors warped. With the MDS "4-8 cylinder system" I got 27mpg on a 1,200 mile trip cross country! Overall I am very happy with my purchase of the 2011 Dodge Challenger modified car!

Original review: April 6, 2020

Love them and their products. Reasonably priced, customer service at its highest. Didnt have a long wait time and the issue was fixed in a timely matter. Havent had any other problems. Everything was in working order. We requested our parts back, and they gave them back bagged up.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

We currently own a 2012 Dodge Ram and a 2014 Dodge Durango. We purchased both new. We have had the tail light on the Durango replaced 6 times due to moisture leaks since purchasing it in 7/2014. The part number has changed at least 4 times, as one of the previous customer service reps put it "because they are having an issue with manufacturing a part that doesn't have issues". We have spent hours on phone calls between the dealership and Dodge to arrange to have the tail light repaired the last 6 times, not to mention the amount of time it has been in the shop and time we had to take off work to take it in.

Last year when we had it replaced for the sixth time, we were advised by the dealership the tail light would be covered for 24 months. We now have a leak a year later and we advised by the dealership that we needed to call Dodge to have it approved. After back and forth between Dodge and the dealership, because one would point the responsibility to the other, Dodge doesn't want to approve it because the part is no longer under warranty from the initial replacement, regardless that this is a consistent issue, we would need to pay it. We asked to speak to a customer service supervisor and were told we would get a call back. The supervisor repeated that we would have to pay for it, and it was not Dodge's problem that we've had the same part issue seven times.

We asked to speak to his supervisor and he refused because there is no one else above him (as a level 2 supervisor). We asked to speak to another supervisor and he stated there were no other supervisors. We asked to speak to his boss, he said their is no one else above him. My husband asked four times before becoming irritate at which time the supervisor disconnected the call. Did I mention this is over the same part that has been replaced 6 times? I am concerned about water exposure to the electrical components, whether causing a fire or a malfunction while I am driving. There are two other complaints about the tail light leaks in less than a month on Dodge's Facebook page.

We had been discussing purchasing a Jeep within the next year or two and purchasing a new Dodge Ram within the next 4-5 years, but I am not paying money to any companies affiliated with Dodge. We are never buying a Dodge again due to poor customer service. We will be bumping up our next vehicle purchase so we can get out of under the Durango.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Ram tells you they have tow mirrors on their trucks. This is not tow mirrors. We bought our ram to pull our camper. It pulls fine, but the mirrors are useless. You can't see behind or beside you. We contacted ram only to be told you can purchase tow mirrors for 450.00. Are you kidding me? With what we paid it should come standard. So to make a long story short don't buy a ram if you plan to tow a camper or big boat or trailer.

Dodge Company Information