1.00/5
Based on 5 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Dodge

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 3, 2017

5 Dodge Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I bought an oil change package (4 changes) from Dodge. I am asking for an extension (a few months) on the very last oil change because it has been less than 2,000 miles since my last oil change. Does not seem like a big deal to me. Unfortunately Dodge thought so. Refuses to do it. They have a Case Manager named "JUDY" that digs her heels in instead of keeping a happy customer. Is this the way to do business these days? I don't think so. Enjoy that promotion you were telling me about Judy, I am not sure you are deserving of it.

Original review: July 27, 2017

Where do I begin? Urse Dodge provided my husband with a lease vehicle, a new at the time 2015 Dodge eco diesel... that has been in the shop for the third time after presenting the same symptoms. The dealership worked on the vehicle this time with a general master mechanic from Dodge. It took 21 days to "fix" (around a couple weeks previous times) and the "fix" happens to involve purchasing an additive to every fuel up. They cannot even assure us the problem is diagnosed and resolved. We explain that we both work. A loaner vehicle is not an option with the dealership. We say I am almost 8 months pregnant and cannot risk being brought to the hospital and have it break down again - each time it has only been a month or so between repairs when the same issue occurred and stalled the vehicle.

We have ZERO confidence in the performance of this vehicle because it seems obvious there is a flaw in the eco diesel emission system that hasn't been figured out yet, and we resent being part of these experimental fixes while our livelihoods and my and my child's safety are at risk. If my husband tries to drive me to the hospital while I'm in labor in this vehicle and it stalls out, that is a safety issue! We have asked the dealership for a trade with a reliable vehicle but they have only offered vehicles that are way more expensive and that is unacceptable - this was not a cheap investment in the first place. We have asked the dealership for a way out of the lease and compensation for a lost trade investment - not to mention compensation for lost wages from being compromised in transport, the extra travel expenses incurred in getting a fixer upper to use during the lengthy repair - but of course they can't do that either.

Every dead end is met with little sympathy, and statements like "our hands are tied, take it up with corporate." We did. We took it up with Dodge Chrysler customer care and started a case and asked for these same resolutions, but we were told to try the vehicle and if it does break down again go back to the dealership?! Dodge customer care stated they cannot help with anything of a financial matter or legal matter. I resent the lack of resolution options from both Dodge and the dealership in addressing this issue. I will be taking this up with the Attorney General, Consumer Affairs and will continue discussing this with our attorney.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: June 10, 2017

My 2015 Dodge Charger has been broken into TWICE! In past year, the alarm NEVER goes off. On top of that, the officers that have some the reports both said the same thing which was "Dodge has a defect in the driver side door lock that makes it quick and easy for thieves to pop it without the alarM going off. Dodge knows of it but hasn't done a recall because they want to save money". I feel like it's very unprofessional to not do a recall on this issue but can do a recall on simple things like jacks and windshield wipers. This issue is costing me $500 (deductible) through my insurance company, something I as a loyal Customer should NOT have to pay for! Reason being, Dodge is being inconsiderate with their customers.

Today my husband called Dodge (not the dealership) about the issue and they told us they would not be reimbursing our money because they haven't done a recall. It's very ridiculous. This is my second charger. Because I liked it so much I did an upgrade which ultimately became a downgrade. I will NOT be shopping for Dodge vehicles anymore and will be trading the one I currently have in within the next 30 days. I guess I'll be a Chevy customer next. They'll get my hard earned money before I ever give it to Dodge again! This is a sorry manufacturer, and also my husband will be trading his Ram for a different manufacturer because of the way Dodge treats their customers. Very unprofessional.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2016

I have always thought the Dodge Avenger was a piece of junk then I read all of the reviews and I see I am not alone in my feelings. The 2012 constantly had problems and a very bad view in the rear. Dealership lied to me, told me it had only been vocal on their lot in a small town. I find that it actually was a rental car and that the mileage was possibly turn back when it came up on Carfax. They would only given me 7500 when I have gotten 11000. Senior lady taken advantage of.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2016

I remember one Mother's Day, my husband and I were driving and came across some railroad track. And as we were slowly crossing over the whole right side bar breaks that the first day the second day I had to get it tied back to the car lot where I bought it. He knew it was a piece of trash be not even a week into buying it. I need a new motor. Oh I can go on and on.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge?

Dodge Company Information