3.59/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Dodge

Dodge is an American car manufacturer that makes cars, trucks, SUVs and minivans. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

32 Dodge Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I bought a 2017 charger and while under warranty the infotainment screen started to malfunction. There was a fluid inside the screen that kept expanding. I contacted the dealership which in turn submitted a claim to get the screen repaired. The car was still under warranty (under 36,000 miles). Dodge refused the claim and the dealership wants to charge me 2,800 dollars for the repair. It was a big mistake getting a Dodge since they don’t honor their warranty.

Original review: July 14, 2019

Interiors is falling apart. Have spoken with dealer whom offered a partial repair under good will. Manufacturer won't do anything. I purchased the lifetime bumper to bumper warranty which they won't honor. Couldn't be more disappointed or frustrated. I am planning on going back to dealer tomorrow and speak to Gen. manager. I own 1 Chrysler, 2 Rams & 1 Dodge Charger And this is how I'm treated. Very sad. Purchased from BlueBonnet Dodge in New Braunfels, Texas. Ordered with custom interior. Avoid this dealership.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 14, 2019

Journey 2011. I recommend to keep looking. Our Journey has a horn that randomly goes off. Lights that stay on until engine is off. Wipers that turn on by themselves and won’t shut off. Wiper fluid will not spray. Engine trouble within the first 6 months as I drove it to the shop smoking as it died in the parking lot.

Mechanic fixed engine and reset electrical by unhooking battery cables for 30 minutes. All on our dime after owning this vehicle for a short time.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Purchased in early 2010 it had 30k miles. Yes gas leaked but I just didn’t top it off. Other than that no issues. It had 200k miles on it when I sold it. Never had any major issues that weren’t self inflicted. Routinely drove it 1000 miles with no issues. It’s still on the road with new owner. The car I got to replace it has already been traded in due to issues and I miss my Nitro!

Original review: May 28, 2019

I’ve had the Dodge Rewards Mastercard with FNBO for over 2 years. I’ve never had a late payment and always pay more than the minimum before the due date. I received notification from a credit monitoring service that my account had been closed. After investigating I discovered that FNBO had closed my account without warning. This is an incredibly poor way to treat good customers. AVOID THIS BANK AND CARD!!! I hope others will see this warning before they make the same mistake I did!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I bought a used 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 from an independent car dealer. I had it checked out at the time of purchase and all seemed to be fine, but nonetheless I purchased an extended warranty just in case. Four months later the engine developed a tick. I did some researching to find that the 5.7 Hemi has a tick at start up but goes away shortly after it warms up. My tick did not go away. More and more research revealed that hundreds of people have had problems with the exhaust manifold bolts breaking due to the inferior grade of bolts that Dodge used to secure the header to the exhaust manifold.

Whether it's the rapid heat build up or aluminum manifold that heats and cools too quickly I am not sure, but it is definitely a problem and Dodge knows it. It can happen on either the driver's side or passenger's side of the engine. And unless you replace all the bolts with stainless steel manifold bolts, you are just asking to have to do this over again in the future. Despite the fact they know they screwed up and this is going to cost their customers hundreds of dollars to fix, they have not issued a recall. They know they screwed up because you go to any Dodge dealer and they have a full set of stainless steel manifold bolts on hand just in case. Why would they keep these upgraded manifold bolts on hand if they didn't know this was a problem. This is why. Because they are avoiding a costly recall and passing the buck to their customers.

I took mine to a Dodge dealer to have it diagnosed to make sure it wasn't an internal issue like valves or something, but had a good suspicion of exactly what the problem was after the many reviews and forums I had read online. Sure enough, after a $140 diagnosis charge, they told me it was the broken exhaust manifold bolts and the gasket had also failed as a result. I presented my extended warranty and they called, but alas!! They will not cover any of the repairs because it was not the exhaust manifold itself or the header that failed, but the sub-grade bolts Dodge used. Leaving me to foot the cost of an estimated $720-$950 repair. And that's just for two bolts because they have to drill into the bolts to extract them from the manifold. Thanks Dodge!! You suck!!

They are dodging the bullet, or the recall. They know it is a problem and will only fix it if you are the original owner with the lifetime drivetrain warranty. Some extended warranties have covered it, but not mine. They also are getting a nasty review. They also know it's a problem and are finding loopholes not to cover the issue, again leaving the customer to foot the bill.

As I read up on all these forums, posts, reviews, I see that this has occurred across many years of Ram 1500's. From 2004-2013. Maybe the newer ones just have not busted yet, who knows. One thing I can tell you is that I am one buying American vehicles. They are shysters and will not own up to their faults. I can see why people pay the higher price tag of Toyota. They build vehicles that last and when they find a fault, they fix it rather than pass the buck to their customers. My best advice, DO NOT BUY DODGE!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

2018 Journey had 8 miles on it when I bought it two days after Thanksgiving 2018 and I’m sitting in the dealership with sensor code errors. Very frustrating to own a brand new car and have to spend the whole day in the service bay of the Dodge dealership.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

2 recalls later and my driver window wouldn't go up twice in 5 years. $350.00 to replace. Headrest will not lower to proper fitting size. ICBC recommends 1/2 way up your head on the lowest setting. It's 2 inches past your head. Worst car for blind spot. Absolutely the worst car I've ever owned in 50 years!!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Bought 04 Dodge 3500 diesel 5.9 new in 05, for $42K. Current miles 78K. Replaced ball joints, entire front axle (tire locked up), injector (needs all now), ECM, clear coat peeling. Dodge won't fix any.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I loved the Dodge truck. My experience was very good. Overall ran well, had very good engine, got me from point a to point b, and very good during bad weather and what not. It's not too big and not too small. I love trucks and it's handy for when you have to move houses. I like that you can fit a lot of things in the back. It also has a nice radio and the seats are nice and very spacious. But I don't like how the screws kept coming lose and the gas mileage. I didn't really like it at first because of how it sounded but it was just because it had a screw loose. Still, it wasn't a bad truck. I would by another one if I had the money.

Dodge Company Information