Dodge Ram

Dodge Ram Reviews

About Dodge Ram

The Ram pickup is a full-size pickup truck that is marketed as the Ram Trucks brand. Read more Dodge reviews to learn about other models.

Dodge Ram Reviews

Stars Rating

• 0%
  • 0%
  • 23%
  • 27%
  • 50%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Ram?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Ram?

Reviewed March 29, 2023

The keyless start trucks (2019 - 2023) are on top of the list of being stolen. Chrysler has done absolutely nothing about it. Expect to take a 20 to 25% loss on a trade in, right off the get go. They have been stealing these trucks directly off the manufactures lot as well. I wouldn't recommend anyone to purchase these trucks.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Jan. 28, 2023

Since I bought my RAM 1500 in Oct 2022 from Findlay RAM in Post Falls Idaho, I have been inundated with unwanted solicitation, including many trial subscriptions that I was clear with them that I did not want. The dealership claims RAM signs me up for them and RAM refers me to the dealership. The standard response is that I can just unsubscribe from anything I don't want and they are just offering it for my benefit. I could maybe believe that if the salesman had even told me that I had some of the services. For instance, I had no idea I had a mobile hotspot with AT&T until they contacted me wanting me to pay for continued service. Why do I need a CarFax subscription for a truck with 29 miles on it? I have no idea but I had to spend time getting that cancelled too. Mysteriously, I have started getting catalogs in my mailbox with those companies having my contact information and salary bracket about 2 months after purchasing the truck.

The only thing I can get through RAM is a poorly trained Customer Care rep that offers hollow apologies and suggests that I speak with the dealership. The general manager at Findlay is willing to lie to the Attorney General, saying that RAM signed me up when the customer "care" reps say that nothing is automatically signed up for and it has to either be done by the customer or the dealership. At this point, since I can't get anyone at RAM to contact me to discuss my concerns, I have to believe that this is standard operating for both RAM and the dealership.

I am super excited to see what happens when stuff starts going wrong with the truck. Based on the lying and finger pointing, I am guessing I will be the one left in the middle having to foot the bill. Save yourself the time and headache and buy from a reputable dealership and buy a product that isn't put out by a manufacturer that cares nothing for customers other than separating them from their money and information that they can then sell for even more revenue.

Reviewed Dec. 23, 2022

Bought my 2016 RAM Rebel brand new in 2016. I've had to replace the starter, I've had to replace the air ride compressor twice already and now my truck is in need of another. I've had to have my gas tank fixed. I've had literally 10 recalls on my vehicle. I've never had an exhaust breakdown before this one is completely rotten already. I was sold a lemon and what did dodge do? Blamed me and voided my warranty as well as the extended warranty I paid an additional $5000 for. Dodge is nothing but a bunch of crooks. They knew their air ride had problems and continued to keep selling it anyway. I will buy a bus pass before I ever buy another Dodge product. I'm actually thinking about hiring a lawyer. I'm so fed up!

Verified purchase

Reviewed Dec. 3, 2022

I bought my Dodge Ram 1500 model year 2020 in July 2020. It only had 33 miles on it. I had hoped to have it for at least 10 years. The ride was as smooth as a luxury card, well, that is until it totally went to crap. Less than I year later I had to take it to a dealership after an attendant at Les Swab warned me to do so. 4 trips to the dealership later and dealing with repeated dead batteries (and being charged for new ones) I’m just waiting for the class action lawsuit!

Reviewed Sept. 22, 2022

We purchased a 2020 Ram. Had maybe 14 miles on it. In September of 2021 the transmission went out of (Iowa). It had to fly to Iowa to pick the truck up. It had been down for 7 weeks. We put another 9000 miles on it. The drive draft falls out of it at 65 mph so it’s been sitting at Bob Allen’s in Danville KY since February 25 2022. We got email saying parts were in. This was in July. They tell me they are still waiting for more parts and may be in, in the middle of October so this truck has been down 9 months. I still have to make payments on it and we bought it for a work truck. The only thing I can say is “I should have bought a Ford.”

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Sept. 10, 2022

Never in my life would I imagine a world where a vehicle company thinks people who buy their vehicles are slaves. Well RAM joins the list of narcissistic company leaders who own your vehicle after you buy it by not allowing you to upgrade your property. I just purchased a 2020 ram 1500 classic with my life savings. This ** company builds their base model with no allowance to upgrade the radio. The radio that has no functionality beyond am and fm. So I live in a state holding your cell phone is illegal while driving and I couldn't afford a decent truck so I purchased this and found RAM to be a totally narcissistic company like my experience with Cadillac. Their only reason is to prevent jobs in the after market industry... Really? What kind of Hitler driven cooperate obsessive narcissistic people run companies? I hope we put these people like Mike Koval Jr out of jobs for their whole life. Awful humans and I'm tired of it

Reviewed July 18, 2022

I had a 1999 and 2006 Dodge Ram, both were decent quality. I then purchased a 2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn with the 5.7 and have had nothing but problem after problem after problem. Stay away from Ram! See list below for a short rundown of the several issues I’ve had:

1) Horrible wind noise. Took it too the dealer multiple times (at least 5) and had an auto glass company out to reseal the windshield. Every time I went the service advisor told me at the 3 day window “it’s fixed”. Every time, it wasn’t. Turns out Ram put cheap bolts on the air recirculation vent so it didn’t seal properly and outside air was rushing in.

2) UConnect is junk. Had mine replaced when it was only 2.5 years old.

3) Radiator reservoir and cap are junk. Cap kept popping off. Dealership replaced the reservoir and cap.

4) Exhaust manifold bolts snap. Broke at 50k miles and again at 110k. $1000+ fix, very intrusive work, could damage engine.

5) Trim started bubbling up and peeling off after 2-3 years.

6) Windshield washer nozzles snapped at 60k miles.

7) Transmission missing shifts, rough shifting. Dealership refused to fix it, only flashed transmission ecu and sent me on my way. Been a problem since 26k miles.

8) ABS and Traction Control lights came on at 120k miles. Turns out I need a new ABS Control Module, which is backordered 6-7 months.

9) Brake caliper clip snapped and pad started grinding against rotor.

10) XM antenna broke and won’t receive signal or link up.

11) Lower fog lights come loose and rattle as you drive, can’t tighten them.

The Ram brand is atrocious. They’ve lost my business for good. So many common problems (i.e.: manifold bolts snapping, which is where the “Hemi Tick” comes from) and the company won’t fix it. I’ve been to over 6 different dealerships and they all pull the same nonsense. If it’s a hard fix more than 3 days they tell you it’s fixed otherwise after 3 days the dealership has to pay for it. So big problems never get fixed. Oh and watch out for the sealed transmissions with the “million mile fluid”. It’s a joke. Fluid doesn’t last more than 100k miles before transmission acts us (if it doesn’t act up before then, which line did). Stay away from Ram. This business does not deserve our hard earned money if they can’t provide us with a reasonably decent quality product or service.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 31, 2022

I purchased a 2018 Ram 1500. It was my dream truck. Well that quickly turned into a nightmare. The PCM went out. Still under warranty. The mechanic has had my truck for over 2 months. Gets a new pcm and that one is bad. Now saying he has no idea if or when he will get a new computer. They are so short no place in America has one. So now I have a paper weight that is costing me a ton of money! With no help from Dodge Ram whatsoever. Ridiculous. I will never purchase a Ram again and will tell everyone I talk to to never purchase one either. I will be trading in this truck as soon as I get it fixed if ever.

Reviewed April 11, 2022

This is my third Ram pickup. I have always been very pleased with these trucks until now. The first problem was the "hemi-tap" which I first thought was a sticking valve problem. None of the usual valve treatments worked and the problem got worse. I did some research and found that the tap was the result of warping of the exhaust manifolds resulting in the the manifold bolt heads snapping off at the block. The bolts had to be drilled and the block re-tapped for a new bolt. Apparently, the manifolds are not properly cast - they are "green." In other words they are cheaply manufactured, probably in China. Moreover, if not repaired, it can cause engine damage. This cost me about $1,000 to replace two bolts, and I am just waiting for the next bolt to snap. This problem has been known to Dodge for years and they have done nothing to fix it, and have not had a recall.

The next problem is the air suspension system - an expensive "luxury add-on" which does not work in cold weather. When the system fails, and it does so with increasing frequency, the truck seems to be riding on the rubber axel stops and becomes difficult to control on an uneven surface. This is a serious safety problem which from my research has been around since at least 2013. Again, Dodge doesn't care. Today, I made arrangements to replace the air suspension system with Monroe shocks. The parts will cost about $600, but I will have to find someone to do the work at a reasonable price. I have purchased my last Dodge vehicle because Dodge obviously will not stand behind their products.

Customer ServiceStaffReliability

Reviewed Feb. 17, 2022

I purchased my Ram truck, new in September of 2021. Within a few months of owning it and just under 7,000 miles I started having vibration/drivability issues. My truck has been in the shop for the same issue approximately 9 times in the past year. I started a claim with Stellantis (Owns FCA) towards the beginning of December 2021 after several weeks of waiting I received an offer to buy back my defective truck.

The offer I received to buy back my truck was far from satisfactory and would leave me still owing approximately $16,000 on my loan. I was then offered a cash and keep option, $4,000 and a CDI code (employee pricing). I countered with $5,000 and the CDI code to which they accepted. However, come to find out there are no dealerships willing to honor that CDI code on inventory already in transit or currently on their lot.

I was told by multiple dealers of the RAM brand that if I wanted to use this code and receive a new truck at the employee pricing I would have to order something and wait at least 60-90 days, if not longer. I am now expected to continue driving an unsafe defective truck that the dealership has been unable to determine what is causing the issue, putting my family and I in harm's way from a potential failure.

I have been a loyal Ram/Jeep owner for the past several years and always appreciated how well the customer service was and the fact that they stood behind their brand. It is absolutely absurd to me that a company would not stand behind their brand in this case. How a company can expect a customer to continue driving and paying for a defective vehicle, take a loss on the buy back of their defective product, or accept a cash and keep option with a CDI code that cannot be immediately used to help a family get into a safe vehicle is absurd! The fact that Stellantis is okay with this vehicle remaining in service with the safety and drivability issues it has is extremely disheartening.

Customer Service

Reviewed Feb. 1, 2022

Dodge Ram has been my dream truck for years. I finally was in a financially sound enough situation. I could afford one, brand new, off the lot. I researched for one in my price range with most of the features I wanted within my price range. I decided on a 2022 Ram 1500 quad cab. 7 miles on it when I went to the dealership. I was so excited when they handed me those keys after I signed the papers! I drove off the lot Saturday evening, took my wife to dinner, drove the truck to work. On Sunday I started the truck and the check engine light came on. The dealership was closed on Sunday so I took it back Monday. They told me it was a cylinder 4 misfire due to an injector being stuck in the open position so they replaced it. I got the truck back Tuesday. I drove to the grocery store and home.

Wednesday, I got up and went to run an errand. I started the truck and the check engine light was on once again. I took it back to the dealership. It's now Tuesday and I haven't seen my truck since I dropped it off. I reached out to Chrysler multiple times, reached out to the dealership who said they were waiting for Chrysler, Chrysler said they were sending a tech out which they have yet to do because they were waiting to hear from the dealership. It has just been a complete disaster at this point of back and forth and I am making payments on a truck I'm not even able to drive. The customer service I've received from both ends is less than acceptable and I would not recommend purchasing a vehicle from Chrysler nor will I be doing this again.

Customer Service

Reviewed Jan. 26, 2022

Dodge Ram - WARNING - If you have a 2019 or 2020 Dodge Ram Diesel. GET RID OF IT. Our 2019 with less than 30,000 miles has been at the dealership for 45 days now with NO RESOLUTION. We were stranded on the Interstate for two hours - IT JUST DIED AS WE WERE DOING 75MPH, - we are blessed no one was right behind us. The "warranty" that is supposed to be top rated is useless. The case managers, supervisors, do not return calls and the poor dealership service managers are left to deal with things that the "engineers" don't know how to fix.

The fuel pump recall doesn't have a fix and there is no fix for all the damage that comes when the fuel pump goes out and sends metal shavings all through injection system. Our last update after 45 days (and paying two truck notes) is that "STAR" engineers have no idea how to fix this damage. We have been without a vehicle all this time. SO IF YOU HAVE ONE OF THESE, GET RID OF IT BEFORE YOU ARE LEFT IN A MESS LIKE THIS!

Reviewed Aug. 5, 2020

I've been driving a 2014 Ram Crew Cab (Tradesman) for 10 months. I've done the maintenance and filled the fluids, but had to have Radiator, Cap, Hoses, 6 spark plugs, 2 ignition coils replaced. Then Starter, then Radiator cooling fan. Now the engine is "blown" after driving 12000 city miles! Something smells foul.

Reviewed July 21, 2020

I own a 2016 Dodge Ram 2500. I was having transmission problems as a result of a recall on solenoid. I had it replaced 4 times. The first three times I was still under 100k miles. I had transmission rebuilt $3700. Service engine light came on again. Brought it to dealer where they replaced solenoid again. Dealer said truck needs new transmission and cost would be $7900. I asked Dodge for assistance covering parts since it was a result of recall. 2015 truck had 100k warranty and 2016 only 60k which is obviously not long enough. Dodge would not offer any assistance at all. The truck engine is not built to last long.

Reviewed April 29, 2020

Horrible!!! My Dodge 3500 dropped its 4-wheel drive towing 1/3 of the weight it's rated for. It has never been fixed by dealership right since. It's spent over 6 months of the past year at the dealership. I made an appointment. It took two weeks to tell me what's wrong. Now it's been there for 3 months and they "can't figure out how to put parts in and think they need more parts. I've talked with Chrysler corporation which just says it's on the dealership. I've talked to a lawyer now. I've owned Chevy, Ford and Toyota trucks. Never been treated like this. They won't even offer a rental truck. Buy any truck besides a Dodge. Horrible company.

Reviewed March 14, 2020

2020 Ram Longhorn seats are uncomfortable and painful. Beautiful truck however, it is undriveable due to the extremely poor seat design. The contour of the seat design hurts the legs and hips and was not thought out whatsoever, which destroys what would be a great truck. It is important to design a seat correctly to make your product driveable, what a complete disappointment and it is unfathomable how this could possibly pass testing. Ram needs to step up and rectify this issue immediately.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed March 12, 2020

This has been a nightmare of gargantuan proportions. I purchased a vehicle, signed the paperwork December 9, 2019. The vehicle was finally delivered to me Friday, December 20th. It was dirty inside when I picked it up and it never worked properly. I took it back to the dealer the following Monday morning (Dec. 23rd). It is now March 11, 2020 and I still do not have a vehicle. The corporate employees I have had to deal with told me things like, they have an unlimited amount of time to decide what to do. They don't return calls in a timely manner. They are trying to get me to take another truck and charge me more, because the special that was running at the time I bought the original truck isn't applicable now. They have offered to trade vehicles for weeks, but haven't agreed to a meeting time to arrange for it.

I have been paying insurance and payments for a vehicle I don't have and they haven't offered to reimburse me for the insurance. I posted on Dealer Rater and BBB in January and it was the only thing that got their attention, so here I am again, hoping to get this settled and, to be honest, I don't want anything to do with Dodge/Chrysler anymore at this point. I just want my money back so I can go elsewhere and purchase a vehicle that works from a dealer that cares. Oh, and the real kicker is that I have since found out that the problem with this model has been known for over four years, the parts to fix it are hard to get and one service tech said he is surprised by one of these vehicles lasting 10,000 miles before the failure occurs. Yet, they are still selling the vehicles. If they are out of warranty when the problem occurs, it costs over $7000 to fix it.

Reviewed March 8, 2020

I purchased a brand new 2020 Dodge Ram Super Cab. In the first 47 miles the screen went blank on the 12 inch Uconnect, Power windows didn’t work, air-conditioning didn’t work etc. A few miles later the cruise control goes out of control, Now The adjustable foot pedals won’t adjust, All this happening in less than 500 miles, these things should not be happening on a brand new truck.

Reviewed Feb. 26, 2020

Problems with the truck less than a year after purchasing. Several recalls leaking lights that ruined my interior several work orders done under warranty constant check voltage light and now that I'm out of warranty the transmission is skipping. I'm trying to run a small business and now have to worry about how to pay for Dodge’s shortfalls! I have been a dodge customer for a long time but not anymore. Let's see what bad news will the dealership give me today?

Reviewed Feb. 21, 2020

Bought a 2013 Dodge Ram. At 122000 Mi started to get a lifter tick in it. Took it to the dealer, was told for the amount of $9,000 I needed to replace the engine. Apparently Chrysler released a service bulletins with this very problem I'm here. I have been a loyal Dodge owner for 30 years but to be left out here hanging on here and basically told too bad your $50,000 truck is a piece of junk is disappointing at best. I will never buy a Dodge product ever again.

Reviewed Feb. 7, 2020

Ram trucks look good and the 5.7 motor is very strong but transmission is junk along with their wiring harness. I switched from Chevy to ram just because the price for the ram truck was about ten thousand cheaper. That was my mistake and now I'm paying for it. Really do your research and look at reviews but be aware of some reviews that are done by independent companies that the manufacturers pay for. Find the reviews by actual ram truck owners. I will not buy another RAM.

Reviewed Feb. 1, 2020

Have owned 3 Dodge Rams...all had transmission problems and required replacements. All had issues with Limp Mode which is when the vehicle dies while driving. Stay away from these turds...go with the undisputed winner Toyota Tundra.

Staff

Reviewed Dec. 27, 2019

I bought this truck used 5 months ago. Nothing but problems. Front brake calipers literally melted. At 80000 miles rotors shot. Someone put wrong antifreeze in it. No heat on driver side. Little heat on pass side. Now in last 2 weeks truck has taken off at full throttle. Only way to stop is turn truck off. Had it looked at 3 codes. High battery output. Throttle control module engine light. Dodge says my floor at made the throttle stick. What a joke. Will never buy another dodge. Poor quality steel. No quality control. 160 dollars diagnostic fee every time you go into their shop. Dodge YOU are a joke. Going 2800 to replace heater core. Ha. Not in this lifetime.

Reviewed Dec. 15, 2019

I love this truck. I chose it over the Ford, Chevy, and Toyota. I loved the styling and the fact that it was 4 wheel drive on demand. The interior is excellent. So far the car has held up for me. I purchased it with 10,000 miles and now have 110,000 miles.

CoveragePrice

Reviewed Dec. 15, 2019

The truck is an excellent version this year. Lots of room and very comfortable. The interior is well designed and easy to operate the instrument panels. The handling of the Ram is a bit tough because of the rear of the truck being so light but I've added weight by placing blocks in the bed and covering them easily as not to be seen. The price of the truck is a bit costly. With gas prices rising they should bring the price down. Otherwise the performance and durability are worth the money. I would recommend this truck to all. Go and check it out. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed Dec. 15, 2019

Bought Ram 1500 Ecodiesel Laramie three years ago and absolutely no issues. Great vehicle; tows a large bass fishing boat up hills with ease. Excellent fuel mileage. Smoother ride than most sedans and other SUVS I have traveled in. Great sound system.

Reliability

Reviewed Dec. 14, 2019

I've had my Dodge Ram for over 2 years now and it's hands down the best car I've ever owned. Not only does it look good but it's a really reliable truck, I haven't had any issues with it whatsoever, basically it's perfect at everything, best truck brand around.

Reviewed Dec. 14, 2019

Love the truck but hated the dealership. The only reason our new RAM received a 4 out of 5 is the electronic's. Most manufacturers include the electronic's for free and Doge makes you pay either a monthly or yearly fee.

Reviewed Dec. 14, 2019

Comfortable to ride no matter how far. Feels safe and solid. Toss anything we would like. Seems to be made very well. Looks good and when purchased had no rust like comparable Fords. The fords all had rust on frame and the Ram didnt. Overall better quality with the ram than with other brands drove. Seems more solid than the others.

Reviewed Dec. 13, 2019

So far great truck with diesel. Only draw back so far is the DEF system. It cost $800 to have the system flushed saying it was contaminated. Was very careful all the time. Truck only has 16,000 miles on it.

Dodge Ram Company Information