2. Automotive

Carmax

Carmax
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.68/5

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Carmax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carmax?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarMax?

Original review: April 12, 2021

I have been here. Love the way of customer service and support. Price quite expensive but the vehicle would be detailed check & no codes before handing to customer with guaranteed.

Original review: April 12, 2021

I reserved a truck to view that I knew was rare on the market. I had been looking for a couple of months, so as soon as it came on the website I called and verified everything about it over the phone and put a hold on it. The next Day I drove 2 hours to see it, and lo and behold it was not there. They sold it AFTER I had placed my hold, and blamed their computer system having an outage. I don't believe this as the entire record was there and they were even able to pull out the time that I reserved it. So I drove 2 hours home without the truck, and not so much as a "Sorry" from the manager in Ontario, CA.

Original review: April 7, 2021

Poor service and customer support or communication. Will never use their service department. They have never addressed the problems and there is inconsistency between dealerships. I had a problem with the transmission with my first car I purchased from Carmax, still same problem to this day.

Original review: April 6, 2021

We bought some cars there and every time we find great help and advice. The price are relatively good and financial advices and proposition are reasonable. And in case of problem you can find solutions. Their customer service is great.

Original review: April 5, 2021

Excellent. Staff’s courteous and politely and no high pressure. Easy to get thru for car appraisal estimate for trade in or them to buy our car. Has massive selection of cars and their models to decide which one to get one. Easy process and they have guarantee their car quality for the next one year.

Original review: April 3, 2021

I have traded in for cash 2 cars over the years and I feel for the most part the price I received was fair. The people who worked with me were very professional and cordial. I would recommend them to someone who wants to get rid of an old car quickly, but don't expect a lot to cash back.

Original review: April 2, 2021

Carmax, nothing special about it. I paid to have a car shipped and when it arrived then I got a TEXT telling me to come in or they could not hold my car. I was under the impression that I was in the process of buying a car since in fact I had been approved for financing. All I was doing was paying to ship a car. When calling customer service to find out more the process, it seem like no one was able to provide proper guidance. ONLY that I must schedule an appointment to proceed. Apparently people pay to have a car shipped that they are not going to purchase.

When conveying my disappointment about the process, their attitude was pretty much "OH Well!". Not crazy about moving forward, but I've already paid to have the car shipped. Now I'm looking forward to spending hours at the dealership doing paperwork that could have been completed days ago and dealing with salespeople (everything I was trying to avoid). CarMax has made it clear that they can care less, basically letting me know that they will just sell the car to someone else. Do not bother with this company, it seems that their focus is more on what you can do for them. No real customer service and just overall confusing process. They take your money and are quick to move on to next victim. Incredibly disappointing.

Original review: April 2, 2021

I have bought several cars from Carmax and had no trouble, but my daughter got a car from them that the harness had previously been rebuilt. This particular part for that model car no longer exists in this world. When it went out neither Carmax or any other shop could fix it.

Original review: April 1, 2021

I like the ease of knowing the prices are already fair and that I won’t have to haggle. The sales team is also very knowledgeable and helpful. I would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to buy a used car without worry!

Original review: March 31, 2021

When you look for a car this is the place to start, they tell you where it has been and the whereabouts of it before you can buy it. There may be some things that the cars on sale aren't telling you about. But here it shows up for your own good. Thanks.

Carmax Company Information