Find a Car Dealerships partner

3. Car Dealerships

3.7/5 (325 ratings)
Find a Car Dealerships partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Carfax

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Carfax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carfax?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carfax?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

I want to know the history of the car so I’m not going in blind and it also tells you the market value plus all the options and mileage. How many owners recalls how much warranty is left or can it be extended.

Original review: April 12, 2021

This is a great way to look at cars And another way to see what others are saying about the cars with the looks and process. This also helped me buy another car because it describes how it was going to work out.

Get buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 29, 2021

Carfax provides the most up to date information on autos; a great site to research for buyers. You can also provide input and updates on your vehicle. Most auto dealers use, in fact dealers generally mention and recommend using Carfax for customers to check out used inventory. Carfax data on vehicles are almost always seen on auto dealer websites.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

My salesman Todd ** Is a top notch salesman. His level of expertise is one of a kind. If you are looking for a newly used car Todd is your man! You can find Todd @ George’s used cars, located in Brownstown Michigan. Out of 5 stars I rate Todd a 6????

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

Carfax cannot (does not) tell you that the "executive demonstrator" you are thinking of purchasing was actually a dealer lease vehicle, and also served as a loaner. And if the vehicle is damaged and repaired by the dealership Carfax would also not have that information.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I was selling my 2003 Corvette and CARFAX had a record of it having been in an accident! My car had never been in an accident but they would not remove the false record! My buyer came back and offered me $900 less than the agreed upon price due to CARFAX ERROR! Later on CARFAX admitted to the error but would not reimburse me for the $900 their error cost me! Now I'm pissed every time I see their commercial and how they call their information facts and allude to its reliability. CARFAX are NOT NECESSARILY FACTS NOR RELIABLE! Buyer & Seller BEWARE OF CARFAX!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

prices are outrageous, we went from 300 to 800 for a small 50 car dealership over the course of a couple years. Then when we moved locations had a brief period of having 2 locations (which the sales guy knew and said he would simply rate that at service only) so they automatically doubled our billing to 1600 per month with no notice or exceptions. Thankfully we did not let them take our ACH info for automatic payments so we are still disputing the bill but they are not willing to budge at all. They've grown to a point that they can charge what they want and don't care about customer service. I'm in the car business so negative reviews are not something I'm a fan of, but in this case I feel completely railroaded and hope other small dealers don't get the same. Get AutoCheck instead!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

Carfax is not exactly a great place to shop as the customer needs to inspect the car thoroughly. We found multiple problems (bad hinges on trunk, mirror discolored, only one electronic key, etc) that were not disclosed to us.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

When I went to trade in my vehicle, the Carfax report came back showing that my car had been in a major roll-over accident. This accident never occurred. Somehow my vehicle's VIN number had been used for a report which was most likely fraudulent. I tried to contact Carfax but was unable to have this issue addressed. This fraudulent report, corroborated by Carfax, severely impacted the value of my vehicle negatively. Carfax is just as responsible as the originators of the fraud for validating it and making it unimpeachable. How can a company take value away from your property without verifying it? In my opinion, Carfax is scamming the automotive industry, perpetuating fraud, and damaging consumer rights.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

I purchased a Carfax report for a vehicle that I ended up buying. The Carfax report had stated that the vehicle was "normal" branding while it was a "salvage" when I wanted to register it. They opened up an investigation that took more than 2 weeks and accepted that their report was not correct (and in fact misleading). They did not bother to pay any compensations other than the cost of the report. Totally lost my trust in Carfax products and will never refer to them again.

Carfax author review by Emma Simon

CarFax is well known for providing comprehensive vehicle history reports that detail all previous damage and ownership history. It works with over 28,000 dealerships nationwide to sell a variety of used cars. You can sign up for alerts on recalls and necessary maintenance reminders to make sure your car is in tip-top shape. The accompanying mobile app receives strong reviews from users.

• Helpful filter options: Filter CarFax’s selection of vehicles by year, make, model and additional features to help you find the right car.

• Free vehicle history report: This detailed history report, CarFax’s most famous offering, lets you know just about everything about your car, from damage history to prior owners to warranty information.

• Keep track of what your car needs: With CarFax, you can sign up for alerts on recalls, find reliable service shops near you and stay alert on when your car needs maintenance.

• Filter by owner history: With CarFax’s filters, you can opt for a car with no accidents or a car with just one previous owner.

• Highly rated mobile app: CarFax’s mobile app can help you find a used car or search a vehicle’s history right from your phone.

by Emma Simon ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Emma Simon is dedicated to creating accurate and valuable content that helps consumers make difficult decisions.

Carfax Company Information