Find a Car Dealerships partner

Help me decide

3.7/5 (322 ratings)
Find a Car Dealerships partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Carfax

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Carfax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carfax?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carfax?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I enjoy the fact that I can pick and choose cars according to different criteria. I am able to see cars within my zip codes and other zip codes. This is the best car app to buy or get general information about cars.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

The used car I bought in 2019, I saw from Carfax. I found everything was just as described on their website. The car had all the features I wanted. I'm planning on buying another car and Carfax is where I'm searching. I trust Carfax.

Get buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

I want to know the history of the car so I’m not going in blind and it also tells you the market value plus all the options and mileage. How many owners recalls how much warranty is left or can it be extended.

Original review: March 29, 2021

Carfax provides the most up to date information on autos; a great site to research for buyers. You can also provide input and updates on your vehicle. Most auto dealers use, in fact dealers generally mention and recommend using Carfax for customers to check out used inventory. Carfax data on vehicles are almost always seen on auto dealer websites.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

My salesman Todd ** Is a top notch salesman. His level of expertise is one of a kind. If you are looking for a newly used car Todd is your man! You can find Todd @ George’s used cars, located in Brownstown Michigan. Out of 5 stars I rate Todd a 6????

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

50% or more the reports we do are wrong, inaccurate, and have false information! Amvic requires us to pull a Carfax on each vehicle we sell! Yet very often carfax claims there is no liens when there actually is, They say vehicles are active when they are not, also they claim to refund you if they are wrong about a lien search! (Vehicle has a lien but car proof doesn't show it). Yet they won't refund anything. They just give you the runaround! And this is not just 1 or 2 reports I have this problem with! It's a regular occurrence! Go to registries and pay 10$ for a report people! The 50$ report from carfax is useless.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

Bought Carfax report for car bought in EU. Report cost 15E and there was just information about 2 years of car history. The car is now 24 years old. I will never buy this report again. The information was worthless.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Carfax is very helpful in storing an automobile's important information such as a vehicle's description, providing an updated maintenance report plus you can shop for a used ride. Carfax is your best Friend!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

Bought a car from a used dealership who paid to have carfax reports available. I am the primary caregiver for my mother who has Dementia. I had to buy the car online, because mom requires 24/7. So l used the Carfax report to decide if I should buy the car. I should never have done that, because various parts of the report were misleading. So I ended with a car that had more problems than the report mentioned, and it rated it a good buy. Shame on them. It took me almost 2 months to even drive the car. And I am still dealing with problems; unfortunate for me, and shame on Carfax for providing misleading information.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

CARFAX report on 2019 Cadillac XT4 in Maryland describes the car as a one-owner. The report CLEARLY shows the car being offered for sale twice, and purchased twice. That would clearly make it a 2-owner vehicle. CarFax will not address the errant information unless I first purchase the car. Seriously???

Carfax author review by Emma Simon

CarFax is well known for providing comprehensive vehicle history reports that detail all previous damage and ownership history. It works with over 28,000 dealerships nationwide to sell a variety of used cars. You can sign up for alerts on recalls and necessary maintenance reminders to make sure your car is in tip-top shape. The accompanying mobile app receives strong reviews from users.

• Helpful filter options: Filter CarFax’s selection of vehicles by year, make, model and additional features to help you find the right car.

• Free vehicle history report: This detailed history report, CarFax’s most famous offering, lets you know just about everything about your car, from damage history to prior owners to warranty information.

• Keep track of what your car needs: With CarFax, you can sign up for alerts on recalls, find reliable service shops near you and stay alert on when your car needs maintenance.

• Filter by owner history: With CarFax’s filters, you can opt for a car with no accidents or a car with just one previous owner.

• Highly rated mobile app: CarFax’s mobile app can help you find a used car or search a vehicle’s history right from your phone.

by Emma Simon ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Emma Simon is dedicated to creating accurate and valuable content that helps consumers make difficult decisions.

Carfax Company Information