Find a Car Dealerships partner

3. Car Dealerships

3.7/5 (325 ratings)
Find a Car Dealerships partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Carfax

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Carfax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carfax?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carfax?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

I want to know the history of the car so I’m not going in blind and it also tells you the market value plus all the options and mileage. How many owners recalls how much warranty is left or can it be extended.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

I purchased a Carfax report for a vehicle that I ended up buying. The Carfax report had stated that the vehicle was "normal" branding while it was a "salvage" when I wanted to register it. They opened up an investigation that took more than 2 weeks and accepted that their report was not correct (and in fact misleading). They did not bother to pay any compensations other than the cost of the report. Totally lost my trust in Carfax products and will never refer to them again.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

Hard to narrow down a search with this services filter, you put in criteria of car, color and other features and it does a dump of cars outside the criteria -- and you get like 200 cars... Guess they want to throw all out there to see what could stick. Won't use them anymore.

Original review: July 21, 2021

My Mini Van has a wrong accident reported in the history report I got from Carfax. I have been contacting carfax customer care through their website and no response in a week. This erroneous report has affected the sale of the Van and loss of value

Original review: July 20, 2021

Waiting on a new title from NY Carfax for My new vehicle. We have now been waiting 3 weeks. When others have came within days. Really ridiculous and unprofessional. Response time says typically 7-10 days.

Original review: July 5, 2021

When I bought my car it was “Clear CARFAX”, and now after 4 years, CARFAX says there was an accident 4 years before I bought my car, it was reported 3 months after I bought the car. Carfax is a total bogus, does not mean **. Don’t waste your time and money on them.

Original review: July 2, 2021

I ran a Carfax report and as you know they not free. Well I trusted the report. Bought the vehicle and to my bad luck it was reported stolen before I bought. Now I lost the vehicle, my money I spent for it and the money I spent for the report and nothing I can do. Shame you have to spend money for an incorrect vehicle report but this is an experience for me that vehicle was reported stolen and wrecked and carfax didn't catch it.

Original review: May 13, 2021

I’d give it 0 stars if I could. I’ve spent over a week now trying to get a false damage report on my vehicle removed. With provided proof that nothing was damaged. In August I had purchased a new GT4 bumper for my Porsche and had it installed not only did they report the date on 7/7 which is the incorrect date (it was installed on Aug 17th and quoted on 5/7). They also reported my car was damaged. I still own the original bumper which is in perfect condition and have the receipts from the shop not to mention am good friends with the owner of said shop.

Carfax still has not removed the false report. They say they are not reliable for false reports, however they are reliable for false reports when provided evidence proves otherwise. Not only is this now a defamation case it’s complete fraud. You can’t be the “standard” when it comes to accurate car history reporting and do fraud reporting claiming it’s not your fault. I urge everyone to never trust Carfax reports ever again. I can’t be the only one who has experienced this.

Original review: April 12, 2021

This is a great way to look at cars And another way to see what others are saying about the cars with the looks and process. This also helped me buy another car because it describes how it was going to work out.

Original review: April 1, 2021

I recently went online and purchased one report for one vehicle I was buying, debated about buying the package of three but I opted not to and just paid for the one. Well, a couple weeks later I looked at my bank statement and got charged for two separate, one report packages at $40 each and they will not respond. Seems like this is very common for them to overcharge people, this should be illegal and it’s a total scam. So many people are having similar problems of being overcharged and nothing is being done. I will NEVER buy another Carfax... EVER!!!

Carfax Company Information