Find the Best Car Transport in Miami, FL
Top 11 Miami Car Shipping Companies
|eShip||Read 2,671 Reviews|
Offers expedited and enclosed options. Door-to-door delivery. No upfront deposit. Ships cars, motorcycles and boats. Platinum Protection Plan helps cover damage. Provides personal agent, vehicle tracking and free instant quotes.
|Get a Quote Call Now Toll Free (561) 409-5116|
|Sherpa Auto Transport||Read 883 Reviews|
Offers door-to-door auto transport. Gives free quotes online. Price Lock Promise means your quote won’t change. Clean Car Guarantee gives you a free car wash after delivery.
|Get a Quote Call Now Toll Free (855) 261-9322|
|AmeriFreight||Read 2,470 Reviews|
Offers door-to-door transport. Requires no upfront payment. Ships cars, boats and motorcycles. Cost to ship sedan in open carrier ranges from $495 to $1,300. Gives discounts for seniors, students and emergency/protection services.
|Get a Quote Call Now Toll Free (770) 486-1010|
Ships cars, boats and motorcycles door to door. Handles domestic and international shipping. Average 200-mile cost is $584. Average 1,000-mile cost is $780. Provides cargo insurance. Choose from competing rates.
|Get a Quote|
|All States Car Transport||Read Author Review|
Provides enclosed transport and open carrier car shipping in Miami. Partners with an extensive network of insured carriers. Ships luxury cars.
|Auto Shipping Group Miami||Read Author Review|
Provides door-to-door car shipping in Miami. Brokers services from more than 9,000 auto shippers. Offshore shipping available. Experienced in base-to-base military auto shipping.
|AutoStar Transport Express||Read Author Review|
Ships all kinds of cars, including oversized and classic vehicles. Does not require title or insurance. Includes a money-back guarantee if your vehicle is not picked up within five business days.
|Miami Auto Shipping||Read Author Review|
Offers enclosed transport and open carrier auto shipping. Does not require an upfront deposit. Employs car shipping specialists to handle your quote and order.
|National Car Transport||Read Author Review|
Provides door-to-door enclosed transport or open carrier shipping in Miami. Offers special rates for military car shipping and discounts for returning customers. Specializes in snowbird car shipping from the Northeast to Florida.
|Silver Express Logistics||Read Author Review|
Provides door-to-door auto transport in Miami. Ships with open transport or enclosed carriers. No deposit required upfront. Offers insurance with no deductible.
|Viceroy Auto Trans Miami||Read Author Review|
Offers open carrier or enclosed transport with door-to-door service. Connects you directly to the auto carrier you choose to hire. Hires drivers through the preferred auto carrier dispatch network.
Miami-Dade County is the largest metropolitan area in Florida. Snowbirds spend winters in Miami, and retirees relocate from northern cities to enjoy the year-round warm weather and active communities. If you like outdoor activities, Miami offers beaches and Biscayne National Park. If you find yourself moving to Miami, you may want to save yourself some stress by hiring an auto transport company.
Car shipping cost in Miami
Shipping a car in Miami costs between $500 and $2,000, but the exact price depends on a few factors, including the distance the car is being shipped. The estimated costs below are for a mid-sized sedan on an open carrier, assuming the car is operable and the reservation is made 45 days in advance.
Distance is the most significant variable in the price of shipping a car, but the price also varies based on vehicle size, type of vehicle and pickup and drop-off location. Other factors include:
- Cars or trucks that are not operable cost more to ship because they require special moving equipment.
- Enclosed transport, typically recommended for classic or luxury cars that need extra protection, costs more than open carrier.
- If you need the car picked up or delivered on a specific date, you pay more for the company to reroute a driver to accommodate the request.
- The season when you need auto transport also affects the cost. For instance, snowbirds traveling during late fall might pay higher prices to ship a car to Florida, a time when many are heading south for winter.
- Where you have a car picked up or dropped off affects the cost. Miami residents save money by having a car shipped to a central station that is more convenient for truckers, such as Ft. Lauderdale airport.
Choosing a car transport company in Miami
When getting a quote from an auto shipping company in Miami, you’ll need to provide:
- The size and type of vehicle
- The pickup and drop-off locations
- Whether the car is operable
- If expedited service is required
If you have a vehicle that requires special protection for a luxury or classic car, look for companies that offer additional insurance and enclosed transport. If you’re moving a boat or RV, make sure the Miami shipping company provides that service.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulates Florida auto shipping and provides information for consumers. All interstate auto shippers must register with the U.S. Department of Transportation and obtain a USDOT number. Auto-shipping brokers need to have an FMCSA property broker license that can be confirmed through an FMCSA Motor Carrier (MC) number. All auto transport carriers must be insured and licensed, and you can ask to see a certificate of insurance. Auto transport companies should give you a written bill of lading upon pickup.
Before signing the contract, make sure you understand how the claims process works and where to file claims for any damage.
Brokers vs. carriers
Be sure to understand the difference between a broker and a carrier before shipping your car. Carriers handle the whole process themselves, meaning these shippers have their own drivers and trucks. However, most Florida auto shipping companies are brokers, which means they contract with carriers to bring services to customers. If you choose a broker, make sure you understand whom to contact for customer support during transport.
Miami auto transport FAQ
- What do I need to do before my car is shipped from Miami?
- Before you ship a car from Miami, carefully inspect it yourself. Record any existing damage with photos and write down a description. Next, take any personal belongings out of the car, including the trunk. Even if the shipper allows items in the car, they will most likely be uninsured. Remove any attachments or accessories and leave a quarter-tank of gas for loading and unloading your vehicle.
- Can you ship a car to another country from Miami?
- Many Florida auto shipping companies offer international car shipping. If you require international shipping, simply check our list and confirm with the company’s representative that it provides this service.
- How much does it cost to ship a car from Miami?
- Shipping a car from Miami to another state roughly costs $500 to $2,000, but the cost depends on several factors, including distance, size of the vehicle and timeframe of pickup and delivery.
- How long does it take to ship a car from Miami?
- Shipping a car from Miami to another state typically takes two to 11 days. The timing depends on destination, time of year and type of transport required. In some cases, you can expedite the process if you pay an additional fee for faster service.
- What kind of vehicles can be shipped from Miami?
- Small to large sedans, pickup trucks, minivans and SUVs can all be shipped from Miami. Many companies also ship luxury or exotic cars. Large work trucks, four-wheel-drive vehicles, motorcycles, ATVs, RVs and boats typically need special equipment and handling. If you have a vehicle that needs special handling, speak with a shipper’s representative for more details.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Miami car transport company information
Auto Shipping Group is the parent operating company for several car shipping brokers. It contracts with more than 9,000 carriers vetted for safety and reliability. Enclosed transport or open carrier service is available along with transport for motorcycles, trucks, boats, classic and luxury cars. The company accepts PayPal credit, all major credit cards and check-by-phone.
- Address: 14 NE First Ave., 10th Fl., Miami, FL 33132
- Phone: (305) 424-8495
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 11pm; Sat - Sun: 12pm - 9pm
- Website: autoshippinggroup.com/location/auto-shipping-miami
All States Car Transport is a broker for auto shipping companies in Miami. It provides open carrier and enclosed transport options with door-to-door service in most locations. Select their white-glove service for additional protection for your luxury or exotic car. All States Car Transport also ships motorcycles and transports inoperable vehicles for an additional fee. Discounts are available for shipping multiple vehicles.
- Address: 3565 W. Glencoe St., Miami, FL 33133
- Phone: (305) 712-6146
- Hours: M - Sun: 9am - 5pm
- Website: allstatescartransport.com/miami-florida
Miami Auto Shipping is a broker that contracts with drivers who are approved to move automobiles and have five-star ratings. It also offers direct-to-carrier booking with Miami-based Express Hauling. The company provides door-to-door service (as locations allow) with options for enclosed or open carrier transport. Miami Auto Shipping has trucks with drivers in the area daily. Multiple vehicle discounts are available.
- Address: 111 NE First St., Eighth Fl., Ste. 1018, Miami, FL 33132
- Phone: (305) 403-9812
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: miamiautoshipping.com
Viceroy Auto Trans is a Florida-based auto shipping broker. When you place an order, the company connects you directly to the carrier and driver that handles your vehicle. The company hires all drivers through the preferred auto carrier dispatch network. Viceroy Auto Trans provides open carrier or enclosed transport options and door-to-door service on most routes.
- Address: Serves Miami residents
- Phone: (754) 333-3596
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm; Sat: 10am - 4pm
- Website: viceroyautotrans.com
AutoStar Transport Express provides door-to-door open carrier or enclosed transport car shipping in Miami. It offers a money-back guarantee if your car is not picked up within five days of your available date. AutoStar Transport Express sends phone, email or text updates on your vehicle’s location while in transit, and your vehicle stays on one carrier for the whole trip. Services are available in Spanish.
- Address: 80 SW Eighth St., Ste. 2000, Miami, FL 33130
- Phone: (888) 802-8250
- Hours: Call for hours
- Website: autostartransport.com
National Car Transport is an auto transport broker in Florida. Many of its clients are snowbird customers who use the company's services to ship cars to and from Miami. It offers discounts for military members and returning customers along with multicar discounts for vehicles going to and from the same destinations. National Car Transport provides options for door-to-door service, open carrier or enclosed transport. It accepts inoperable vehicles and offers international car shipping. Customer service is available in Spanish and Portuguese.
- Address: 1800 NW 135th Ave., Bay 106, Miami, FL 33182
- Phone: (305) 884-2253
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 7:30pm; Sat: 9am - 5pm
- Website: nationalcartransport.com
Silver Express Logistics offers open carrier and enclosed transport auto shipping in Miami with door-to-door service. Drivers call you when they are within one hour from pickup and drop-off. Your car stays on one vehicle for the duration of transport. The company allows up to 100 pounds of personal belongings in the shipped vehicle's trunk. Prices are all-inclusive and have no hidden fees. Silver Express ships boats, heavy equipment, classic and exotic cars and motorcycles.
- Address: 600 NE 36th St., Ste. T6, Miami, FL 33137
- Phone: (888) 790-5788
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 8pm
- Website: silverexpresslogistics.com