Alert1

Alert1

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My mom Anne ** passed away August 19th. My mom, myself and siblings were very happy and pleased with your service. Thank you for your help and support. You should be receiving the Alert box this week. Thank you again.

I was on my way to work when I received the call from Alert1. My Mom had fallen & was home alone. An ambulance was sent to her home within minutes. She was diagnosed with a fractured back & she had surgery & is now doing well & is back home. Thanks to Alert1, she received help within minutes. Thank you Alert1.

Fall in hallway resulting in broken arm, bruised knee and other arm. Response was fast and EMT and ambulance arrived within 3 minutes.

Factual basis uncertain

I'm still dealing with recuperating and cannot think clearly. I have a voicemail from Jerome of Life Alert that I need to respond to. Matt came too late yesterday to do any phone contact with LA. We opened the box and everything needs to be assembled. The unit is plugged in... it took a larger space to set it on than I anticipated so we did a makeshift surface to hold it. The pendant and bracelet need to be assembled. The box had so many little pieces and the instruction book apparently was not all that helpful.

There is a major storm at the beach with a tornado-type wind in the center of it. TV is only weather and emergency instructions. People are being warned to "stay put" until it passes from beach but it is headed east toward valley and Portland. I am all alone and trying to keep my head in order, and hoping the electricity does not shut down. Life in this house has become even less normal overnight. This storm is like the October 1962 storm.

I'm going to have to wait until at least Monday with hopes I can communicate with Life Alert. Life Alert, at this point, is not protecting me. I'm going to have to "ride it out" alone. Not even human help at this point. I'm guessing that Matthew is sleeping through all this because that is what I was doing but I have been up for 2.5 hours. This storm is supposed to hit our area Saturday but I think the weather people are a little off. Right now, it is on the Oregon beach as far north as Astoria, headed for Portland and valley. Normal TV programming is pretty much nonexistent.

Be patient with me. Don't give me orders on email that I cannot fill. Everyone is at work or school. My contact (Linda) will be calling me to check on me but she has family and home to take care of. She lives off Swegle Road. We're all doing the best we can to survive. My flashlight has batteries and I'm charging my cell phone but I don't know if I can even make it work. I still need some instructions; everyone is so busy and assumes that I know more about tech than I do. Things change and upgrade so fast I can't keep up.

Everything here is okay so far but winds on coastline are very strong and it is coming our way. A lot of speculation about what to expect and when it will hit here, and if there will be tornado activity which would knock down power poles and tear off roofs. There is also a lot of paperwork to fill out and I am just "frozen" and cannot make decisions.

Factual basis uncertain

I called this morning to give my debit card number. Someone I was put on hold and after a while a funny sound started. I hung up. I went to the net and sent a contact us and I did but I have heard nothing. I have a hearing problem and I can't understand people on the phone too well. On my machine right now it has EMERGENCY showing and I am afraid to punch it. I am just trying to give you a debit card number. Please get someone to help me. Online please.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alert1 Services LLC?

We had this product for 4 months before I called with questions about the box only to find it had never been activated! I tried to get a refund but they thought since it sat on my desk for 4 months (not working) I shouldn't be reimbursed! Never, never, never again!!!

Alert1 Medical Alert Systems - BEWARE. Acquired the basic system in April for $299.99. Paid for one year up front. There is a 30 day full refund period. I was told that beginning in June they would prorate the fee if we returned it. My mother in law was hesitant to use it at first but we thought she would come around so we held on to it knowing we could get a refund if we returned it. Last week she decided to try it and it was then we learned the pendant did not receive voice, only the base. I called support to see if we could upgrade to the Kelsi System that allows communication through the pendant. We could but the price is $431.40 and there would be a $59.95 activation fee. Their website offers FREE activation. "Oh, that is for new customers" was the reply. The Kelsi system service is through T-Mobile and they checked coverage, which is poor in Mesquite, so the upgraded system will not work.

I asked about a prorated refund if we returned the old system and was told no refund allowed after 30 days. But would check with supervisor. When she returned I was told "sorry, because it's been more than 6 months there would be no refund." Today, Sept 19, 2016, is 5 months. So... we paid a year in advance. The system is not what we thought it was. Their upgraded system does not work in Mesquite. They cannot provide us the service we expected nor does their upgrade work in the area. AND, even though the service was poor, they will keep our money. AND, if we don't cancel before the one year mark it will automatically renew. POOR POLICIES - BEWARE.

I have COPD on 8/19/16, I could not breathe. My Alert1 failed me. Lucky my cell was handy. Paramedics arrived quick and they got me going again. Alert1's contention of why it failed me is I did not check it in the previous month. I am 84 yrs old. My memory is not what it used to be. Should there not be a failsafe in place? It seems to me if a check is missed Alert1 should be able to check the system or contact the individual so the owner can check it himself. I was very lucky. THE NEXT ALERT1 OWNER MIGHT NOT BE!!!

Mother had fallen, and I was notified quickly.

My mom once again used the Alert1. I am her daughter and I happened to be there. As always you do a great job. I would have gave 5 stars but it seems from the time she presses the button and someone gets to answer it, it takes a bit. Mom told me that does happen. Thank you.

Arrived quickly and were helpful and kind.

I bought this for my grandmother. She has used it for an emergency only once, but it worked great. It notified all three of her family members and 911. I do think the button is a little too sensitive as to the fact that my grandmother accidentally pushes the button a little too often. I would very much recommend this everyone. The fact that it's too sensitive is a minor problem.

She received excellent response. Thank you so much.

Everything is going good. Keep up the good work. Thank you.

I fell and broke a hip again. Your response was great. And you alerted my daughter to my situation. Thank you.

Mom lives in a facility that only has pull cords. We got mom your services so if she fell and unable get to a pull cord but she could use her pendant. Yesterday she fell and she used the pendant. We are very pleased with your response. Thank you.

My mother has used Alert1 several times to call for help and each time, the outcome has been positive. I hate to think what would have happened if the system had malfunctioned, or if the staff had not reacted appropriately. Thank you for helping my mother remain independent and saving her life!

Alert1 has given me such peace of mind where my mom is concerned. She lives in an adult facility, but in her own small apartment. Mom is unsteady on her feet and often falls by losing balance or sliding out of bed. Alert1 has come to her rescue countless times and, for that, I am eternally grateful.

Notified Alert1 of a mix-up that happened with medication, specific to the use of blood thinners. I live alone and have no means of transport. Alert1 is my safety blanket. I pushed the button and within a very short period of time had EMT's on-site that provided transport to the hospital for test and review. Appreciate Alert1 being there for me.

Mother pressed her Alert1 necklace call button when she slipped/fell the other morning. I received a call stating this. Said all was OK with her. Just needed help getting back up on her feet. I did appreciate the callback to make sure everything was OK. Great job on your company's part.

I had an episode of severe vertigo and nausea. I could not move off the floor and pushed the button. Paramedics, police, and my son arrived quickly and transported me to the hospital where I spent the night and most of the next day. Everything worked well and I am very pleased with your service.

The person who answered was kind and very helpful. The ambulance arrived shortly after my call to Alert1.

In March 2015 I spoke to a sales rep for Alert1 trying to decide whether to get their equipment since I had had surgery and had some other medical problems. I received their equipment in April 2015. The equipment would not work. I tried several times and it never went to their call center but to the local 911 service. I called them and told them the problem and they never suggested anything to resolve the problem. I told them since it didn't work (I was so upset) I just wanted to return it and get my money back. They said fine so I did as they said. At that point, they gave me the instructions on how to return it and get my money back.

When I didn't get my refund in May 2015 I called them. The Customer Service person said they would not be refunding any of my money because I didn't use the equipment at least ONE time. That was in the fine print of the contract. I explained that I did use it but it never went through to their call center. She said because I did not at least use it ONE time, they were not obligated to return the money I prepaid for one year. I was devastated. I am a Senior and on a budget. The SALESPERSON/customer suggested that since I prepaid it for a year, I should try it again. They would ship it back to me for free. Unfortunately, I agreed.

I only had to use it once during the whole year but once again It did not work so I put it in a drawer and forgot about it. Then on April 6th of this year Teresa from Alert1 called BUT only because they wanted payment. I returned ALL of the equipment on April 7th. They said they got it on April 11, 2016. NOW I have a bill for $45.95 for ONE MONTH SERVICE. I called and asked if they would please grant me the courtesy of abating that fee but Anna Mae said the BILLING Department said there was no way they could remove that charge...

I am very disappointed with their service. Maybe it was a certain department or person who was responsible for all of these problems BUT you would think they would be more helpful. Unfortunately, I was very upset when I told Anna Mae I would never recommend their product to any of my friends. I just hope I am only one of very few who has been dissatisfied with their service. I JUST HOPE EVERYONE'S EQUIPMENT WORKS in order to avoid a future catastrophe. I never spoke to a Manager or Supervisor.

Excellent response when my 90-year-old mom depressed her alert button. Thank you.

I always say I hope I don't need to press button other than test. This time I did need help. Thank you, paramedics arrived quickly (well they are just around the corner) but was reassuring knowing help was coming. Thank you again.

Fast response. Caring and knowledgeable.

We have used Alert1 for over three years for mom. Alert1 helped us get emergency help for her expediently and with professionalism. Thank you Alert1.

My mom tripped down in her basement and could not get herself up. I was out of town. She called and they responded. She appreciated the wonderful service.

Thanks!

Alert1 is the best thing we have. We are very pleased with the service and all the people are very pleasant and helpful. My elderly parents have used the panic button and within seconds help was on its way. Thank you Alert1 for giving us a peace of mind.

Alert1 contacted me regarding my mother in law pressing her life alert on Sunday morning. I actually beat the paramedics to her house. I'm grateful that she had the life alert when she needed it. Her daughter in law Margaret **.

Alert1 Company Profile