Alert1

Alert1

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My 90 y.o. mother had an episode of vertigo and was unable to return to bed. She pressed her call button and First Alert operators spoke with her and contacted me to explain the situation and called an ambulance. The following day a similar event took place and again it was handled efficiently. First Alert operators took information regarding the location of a key and relayed this info to the police and ambulance personnel thus avoiding breaking in the door.

My phone was on vibrate and they didn't initially get me, then they called my sister, Nita. I had listened to the message and got to Mom before my sister did. She had fallen but nothing was broken, nor bleeding, all is well. Thank you for your service.

So we had to push twice and call for paramedics. We've now made adjustments. We have ordered a bed with rails for Dad so that he will not fall out of bed again. So glad you were in place to help with dad as we learned this lesson.

My sisters and I signed up for the medical alert program for my 80 year old mother who suffers from a medical condition that can make her so weak that she sometimes cannot get up. We renewed the service each year, and my mother carried the alert necklace with her for about 4 years. About a year ago, my sister who had signed up for the program passed away. There were other arrangements made for my mother, so she no longer wanted to have the Alert 1 program and called to see how to get the service stopped. She was told she had to wait until the end of the contract (about 11 months) and then send in the hardware that goes with the service. She did that, and obtained a proof of delivery that the hardware had been received by Alert 1.

When the contract period was up, she tried to stop the service and was told she would first have to pay almost $400. She asked for explanation and they tried to tell her the contract wasn't up. Remember, the contract was with my deceased sister, not my mother. She argued and eventually got someone to agree she did not owe any money and the service would be cancelled. A few days later, she got another call from customer service saying she owed the $400. She went through the process of explaining everything again, including the fact that the contract was with my deceased sister, not my mother, and that all equipment had been returned and she had proof of receipt. After another hour and a half on the phone, the customer service agent again agreed she did not owe any money and said she would cancel the service.

A few days later, she got still another call! This agent said she owed $400 and if she didn't pay, she would be sent to collections. She again refused to pay, explained everything again, and told the agent that this constant calling and demanding money was harassment. Suddenly the agent found the returned hardware and agreed that she did not owe anything and said they would cancel the service. At this time, it appears that Alert 1 has stopped the harassing phone calls, but it has only been about a week, so that isn't certain yet. The actual service she received while having the equipment was good, although she never had to use it in an emergency, but the hassle and harassment that occurred at the end of the service was such an awful experience that I would never recommend anyone sign up for this product.

My mom fell and her monitor around her neck never went off! My mom sat on the floor for about 7 hours! She had pooped and peed on herself while sitting there! There is no excuse as to why the monitor never went off! None!

The response to calling seems to be dependent on phone service. Sometimes AT&T gets the signal to you quickly and other times it takes over a minute instead of 15 seconds. However, responders are ALWAYS professional, courteous and helpful. They are especially helpful in resolving issues when the buttons work slowly or not at all. Sometimes it is human error on our part, pressing it too many times due to panic. Other times it is due to equipment failure or slow AT&T service.

Edna fell 3/31/17. She was able to use her alert for help. My husband and I arrived as ambulance drove up. They were swift and took immediate action. Everyone was courteous and caring. Edna is 96. She was disoriented but able to give her name & birthday. She went to the hospital for stitches in her head, X-rays. She was released to come home and is still recovering from injury. Thanks so much for all you do to assist!

Alert1 motion sensor and alert button did not work as loved one pushed button all night with no response - resulting in ICU, hospital and rehab stay. Found him on the floor the next morning. Customer service horrible - gave conflicting stories and did not seem to care. Only care about collecting money for a system that does not work. Wonder how they'd like to pay the hospital bill. Loved one almost died!! Told customer service this and they said "sorry but if you want a refund he needs to send system back!!!" Explained he could not because he has been in the hospital for the past two months - no empathy, and lame explanations. No one was even contacted when they said battery was low!!! I was told three different stories, none of them true. They had one job!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alert1 Services LLC?

You contacted my family immediately just like always. I couldn't ask for better service. Alert1 is a life saver... I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Alert1 to a friend!!! Your staff is always friendly and helpful. I couldn't imagine not having my Alert1.

The lady we are helping get started with the service claims that she received Alert 1 calls when she had done nothing more than undress for bed. I demonstrated that the alert button did not activate the service by swinging, banging against my chest, etc. but she is convinced it went-off without her doing anything. Otherwise, it seems to be working and the call tree being used correctly.

Howard fell to floor getting back in bed. Couldn't get up from floor, pushed button, told Alert1 rep he was ok just couldn't get up. Rep called paramedics who came and assisted Howard. Rep called Howard's son to let him know what happened. Very professional.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

I purchase the system for my mom and sister both who had handicaps - system did not work well and when my sister call to cancel they stated it was done - but when both my sister and mother passed away about two months afterwards I found out they had not received the equipment back when they billed me 3 months after both of them had passed. When I called to address all they wanted was their money even when I explained I was several states away and would send the equipment back when I addressed the estate. Even then I received phone calls every three days wanting me to pay them - seems all they cared about was getting their money. I had to pay for service no one used to keep them from calling - I would never recommend this company to anyone.

Mother said she had to press button 3 times before response. Afterwards, everything went exactly like the plan. Response was great. Have to program the emergency number into my phone. It's not the same as the one on the unit. My brother said he's just reported "Utah".

The experience was one of unusual circumstance. The day I called to set up service, the sales operator was argumentive over a special that was advertised on the internet just the day before. There was a small compromise with the price. I do think since my mother paid for a year and only used the service for 35 days before her death, this should have been prorated for a refund. Five days over the full refund limit is minuscule. The service is really good, it's too bad you can't match it with a fair customer service.

I called to sign up for a monthly subscription to their most versatile system - home and mobile - for 89/month. It arrived and immediately upon set up my 96 year old father could not understand the person over the unit. The audio quality was terrible. I called to switch to a home base and they would not refund the difference in the monthly cost! They told me the money back guarantee is ONLY IF YOU SIGN UP FOR AN ANNUAL AGREEMENT. I was never told this - would not have agreed to it, and looked at the large banner on their website with a HUGE blue ribbon. I had to read it word by word a few times before I caught the word "annual" hidden in the paragraph. LOOK IT UP!

First of all - that is poor business practice to not stand behind your product and services enough to not even guarantee satisfaction at all. We disliked it from the moment we tried it. In addition, to not refund the $25 difference in the monthly services because we didn't sign up for a year (who would do that for a 96 year old?) is also poor business. So, for the fact they refused to refund the difference. I cancelled altogether and went with Bay Medical. They have a 14 day trial when you can send it back AT NO COST and FOR A FULL REFUND! They are much more professional and offer a better product line. Unless you want to get ripped off, READ THE REVIEWS AND GO WITH BAY.

Insufficient response received

They give no refund when someone passes away. My Mom signed up for this service in September and paid for the entire year. Unfortunately, she passed away this last Wednesday, February 22nd. When my sister and I called to cancel her service they told us we could not receive a refund for the 6 months of unused service. I could understand if we were changing to a different company, but our Mom passed away! Really? They should be ashamed to keep her money. They told us the 6 months would be there if someone else could use it but they would not refund. I would never recommend this company to anyone!

Bad customer service and does not refund as advertised if not happy. Cannot get a hold of company to send complaints easily. Not happy with this company. We received the product but did not want it. We returned right way and they will not send back the $40 when we do not have the product.

Accurate- received three bills in one week, all with three different amounts to pay, all on one account. Accurate- 33% higher than the #1 rated service (Medical Guardian). Accurate- 33% higher due to wireless usage for this system. Accurate- systems intermittent at best where my mother lives.

Factual basis uncertain

I'm still dealing with recuperating and cannot think clearly. I have a voicemail from Jerome of Life Alert that I need to respond to. Matt came too late yesterday to do any phone contact with LA. We opened the box and everything needs to be assembled. The unit is plugged in... it took a larger space to set it on than I anticipated so we did a makeshift surface to hold it. The pendant and bracelet need to be assembled. The box had so many little pieces and the instruction book apparently was not all that helpful.

There is a major storm at the beach with a tornado-type wind in the center of it. TV is only weather and emergency instructions. People are being warned to "stay put" until it passes from beach but it is headed east toward valley and Portland. I am all alone and trying to keep my head in order, and hoping the electricity does not shut down. Life in this house has become even less normal overnight. This storm is like the October 1962 storm.

I'm going to have to wait until at least Monday with hopes I can communicate with Life Alert. Life Alert, at this point, is not protecting me. I'm going to have to "ride it out" alone. Not even human help at this point. I'm guessing that Matthew is sleeping through all this because that is what I was doing but I have been up for 2.5 hours. This storm is supposed to hit our area Saturday but I think the weather people are a little off. Right now, it is on the Oregon beach as far north as Astoria, headed for Portland and valley. Normal TV programming is pretty much nonexistent.

Be patient with me. Don't give me orders on email that I cannot fill. Everyone is at work or school. My contact (Linda) will be calling me to check on me but she has family and home to take care of. She lives off Swegle Road. We're all doing the best we can to survive. My flashlight has batteries and I'm charging my cell phone but I don't know if I can even make it work. I still need some instructions; everyone is so busy and assumes that I know more about tech than I do. Things change and upgrade so fast I can't keep up.

Everything here is okay so far but winds on coastline are very strong and it is coming our way. A lot of speculation about what to expect and when it will hit here, and if there will be tornado activity which would knock down power poles and tear off roofs. There is also a lot of paperwork to fill out and I am just "frozen" and cannot make decisions.

Factual basis uncertain

I called this morning to give my debit card number. Someone I was put on hold and after a while a funny sound started. I hung up. I went to the net and sent a contact us and I did but I have heard nothing. I have a hearing problem and I can't understand people on the phone too well. On my machine right now it has EMERGENCY showing and I am afraid to punch it. I am just trying to give you a debit card number. Please get someone to help me. Online please.

We had this product for 4 months before I called with questions about the box only to find it had never been activated! I tried to get a refund but they thought since it sat on my desk for 4 months (not working) I shouldn't be reimbursed! Never, never, never again!!!

Alert1 Medical Alert Systems - BEWARE. Acquired the basic system in April for $299.99. Paid for one year up front. There is a 30 day full refund period. I was told that beginning in June they would prorate the fee if we returned it. My mother in law was hesitant to use it at first but we thought she would come around so we held on to it knowing we could get a refund if we returned it. Last week she decided to try it and it was then we learned the pendant did not receive voice, only the base. I called support to see if we could upgrade to the Kelsi System that allows communication through the pendant. We could but the price is $431.40 and there would be a $59.95 activation fee. Their website offers FREE activation. "Oh, that is for new customers" was the reply. The Kelsi system service is through T-Mobile and they checked coverage, which is poor in Mesquite, so the upgraded system will not work.

I asked about a prorated refund if we returned the old system and was told no refund allowed after 30 days. But would check with supervisor. When she returned I was told "sorry, because it's been more than 6 months there would be no refund." Today, Sept 19, 2016, is 5 months. So... we paid a year in advance. The system is not what we thought it was. Their upgraded system does not work in Mesquite. They cannot provide us the service we expected nor does their upgrade work in the area. AND, even though the service was poor, they will keep our money. AND, if we don't cancel before the one year mark it will automatically renew. POOR POLICIES - BEWARE.

My mom Anne ** passed away August 19th. My mom, myself and siblings were very happy and pleased with your service. Thank you for your help and support. You should be receiving the Alert box this week. Thank you again.

I have COPD on 8/19/16, I could not breathe. My Alert1 failed me. Lucky my cell was handy. Paramedics arrived quick and they got me going again. Alert1's contention of why it failed me is I did not check it in the previous month. I am 84 yrs old. My memory is not what it used to be. Should there not be a failsafe in place? It seems to me if a check is missed Alert1 should be able to check the system or contact the individual so the owner can check it himself. I was very lucky. THE NEXT ALERT1 OWNER MIGHT NOT BE!!!

I was on my way to work when I received the call from Alert1. My Mom had fallen & was home alone. An ambulance was sent to her home within minutes. She was diagnosed with a fractured back & she had surgery & is now doing well & is back home. Thanks to Alert1, she received help within minutes. Thank you Alert1.

Mother had fallen, and I was notified quickly.

My mom once again used the Alert1. I am her daughter and I happened to be there. As always you do a great job. I would have gave 5 stars but it seems from the time she presses the button and someone gets to answer it, it takes a bit. Mom told me that does happen. Thank you.

Fall in hallway resulting in broken arm, bruised knee and other arm. Response was fast and EMT and ambulance arrived within 3 minutes.

Arrived quickly and were helpful and kind.

I bought this for my grandmother. She has used it for an emergency only once, but it worked great. It notified all three of her family members and 911. I do think the button is a little too sensitive as to the fact that my grandmother accidentally pushes the button a little too often. I would very much recommend this everyone. The fact that it's too sensitive is a minor problem.

She received excellent response. Thank you so much.

Everything is going good. Keep up the good work. Thank you.

I fell and broke a hip again. Your response was great. And you alerted my daughter to my situation. Thank you.

Alert1 Company Profile