Call toll free
1.59/5

Need a medical alert system?

Alert1

Founded in 1992, Alert1 is committed to helping seniors live safely and independently in their own homes. Medical alert systems are our only business, and Alert1 works hard every day to earn the trust and satisfaction of our customers. Alert1 offers flexible service plans, friendly sales representatives, clear pricing and terms, and a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee. Alert1 is accredited with the Better Business Bureau. Two fully certified and duplicated emergency call centers provide the unmatched reliability, protecting Alert1 customers even if one center shuts down due to a man-made or natural disaster.

BOTTOM LINE

Alert1 monitoring centers are UL-listed and Five Diamond-certified. Additional Alert1 medical alert systems can get expensive, so it’s essential you determine how you’ll use and wear your device before choosing a package.

PROS

• No long-term contracts
    • Help in 190 different languages
    • Free 30-day trial

CONS

• Cellular networks may not work nationwide
    • Extra devices increase initial cost

Top Alert1 Reviews

07/04/2018

Excellent service… very helpful and professional. Helped me contact EMT services to ultimately locate my mother at a hospital. She was well taken care of and I was able to engage quickly from 1000 miles away. We have had the service for many years and we are very pleased.

10/18/2018

I am extremely happy with Alert services. My mom has mentioned several times how secure she feels... Every time my mom has used the alert button, you've responded almost immediately. Also, Alert calls me to let me know my mom has pressed the button and is in distress...

Need a medical alert system?

Alert1 review

Alert1 medical alert systems offer a range of options customizable to your needs with no long-term contracts or cancellation fees. Alert1 also allows you to try the service worry-free with their 30-day refund policy. It’s easy to add Alert1 system upgrades to feel safe anywhere in your home, and they offer several stylish medical alert necklace options.

Alert1 medical alert systems

Alert1 provides medical system packages for protection both at home and away with optional fall detection.

• Home: This landline-based system has a 600-foot range from the base unit. It comes with a waterproof medical alert button that’s compatible with pacemakers.
      • Home with Fall Detection: This system includes a showerproof medical alert button with fall detection. It can be used with a landline or cellular network services and has a 400-foot range that automatically alerts the service if you fall.
      • On-the-go: You don’t need a landline or cellphone with this plan. Depending on your location, it uses AT&T or T-Mobile networks for service. The included medical alert button is showerproof and has a 30-day battery life.
      • On-the-go with Fall Detection: This system uses GPS, Wi-Fi, and cellular coverage to locate you if a fall is detected or the button is pushed. No landline or cellular coverage is necessary as it uses the cellular network for service.
      • On-the-go + Home Fall Detection: No cell phone or landline is required — it uses its own AT&T network for service. With this package, you’ll get the PAX mobile fall detection pendant, home fall detection pendant and home wristband. It costs $52.95 per month, including an annual payment.

Alert1 medical alert systems pricing

Alert1 medical alert systems start at $19.95 per month with an annual contract, plus there’s no activation fee.

Monthly rate with annualMonthly rate with semi-annual planMonthly rate with quarterly plan
      Home$19.95$22.95$25.95
      Home + Fall Detection$30.95$33.95$36.95
      On-the-Go$30.95$33.95$36.95
      On-the-Go + Fall Detection$41.95$44.95$47.95
      On-the-Go + Home + Fall Detection$52.95$55.95$58.95

Alert1 medical alert accessories

Alert1 also offers many accessories to help protect you in your home and lessen the chance of accidents.

• Wall-mounted emergency button: This button connects wirelessly to your base system for a one-time fee of $39.95. It’s showerproof, so you can install it in the bathroom.
      • Emergency lockbox: For $39.95, this hanging lockbox holds up to five keys so emergency personnel can enter your home if needed.
      • Surge guard:  Protect your phone line or medical alert device from power surges with the surge guard for $19.95.
      • Silicone wristbands: These showerproof wristbands come in three colors: gray, purple and blue. It’s $9.95, soft on the wrist, sturdy and fashionable.
      • Fall detection pendant: The pendant is $30.95 or free with an Alert1 subscription. It requires a landline, is showerproof and instantly calls for help if it detects a fall.
      • Pax Plus classic wristband: For $29.95, this is an additional button for the Alert1 PAX Plus Mobile and Home Fall Detection System. The device is waterproof, and the band is made of soft silicone.
      • Mobile fall detection pendant: You can wear this medical alert button on a necklace or belt attachment. It’s $41.95 or free with an Alert1 subscription.
      • Alarm bracelet: This showerproof bracelet connects wirelessly to the Alert1 base and costs $19.95 or is free with an Alert1 subscription.
      • Alert pendant: This showerproof pendant connects wirelessly and requires a landline. It costs $19.95 or free with an Alert1 subscription.
      • Kelsi protective case and belt adapter: For $9.95, you can get a protective case for Alert1 Kelsi and Kelsi Pro on-the-go medical alert systems. It comes with a velcro belt attachment.
      • Medical ID bracelets: Each bracelet is $34.95, and it comes in your choice of small or large sizes. The stretch band is made from stainless steel and also holds your personal information.

All Alert1 medical alert necklaces are compatible with home medical alert buttons, Kelsi mobile medical alert pendants, as well as Life Alert and Lifeline medical alert buttons. Please note, some of these stylish medical alert necklaces come with magnetic clasps, which may not work for those with a Pacemaker.

1266 Alert1 Consumer Reviews

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I am extremely happy with Alert services. My mom has mentioned several times how secure she feels knowing she has this system in her home. Every time my mom has used the alert button, you've responded almost immediately. Also, Alert calls me to let me know my mom has pressed the button and is in distress. Thank you.

Hi Diane,

Thank you so much for sharing! We are so happy to hear that we are able to provide that extra sense of security for Mom.

Best,

Alert1

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I called Alert 1 when my husband recently fell in the bathroom. I was experiencing terrific knee pain at the same time and was unable to be of aid to my husband. Deerfield fire department arrived within minutes followed by the ambulance. They were able to assess and assist him very quickly. Quite pleased with Alert 1 response. Thank you.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

My mom is 84 and lives with my sister. She is frequently alone when my sister is working so we bought the Alert1 system for peace of mind. The system saved her life when she was in excruciating pain from a heart episode. Even though my sister was upstairs at the time, my mom was in pain and unable to call out for help. She hit the Alert1 button and your team responded immediately. The ambulance was called and the operator also called my sister's cell phone to alert and they called me as well. The Alert1 team is professional, responsive and fantastic! Thank you so much!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

My mom is accidentally hitting her fall button often. Everyone from Alert1 who checks in, are always very pleasant and understanding. The few times last week when EMS was dispatched they followed the protocol. It turned out that she didn't hear the intercom or the phones and she was fine. I'm glad to know that Alert1 is there for her and our peace of mind.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

Our account is listed under my husband, Billy **. We are very satisfied with this service. The only thing that was misunderstood when we purchased this service was that once the button was pushed that the person on your side would be able to hear my husband as long as he was within range of the machine. We are going to need to relocate the device inside our home so if it is pushed again then the person from your side can hear him clear enough that an ambulance may not need to be called. However, I appreciate that they always ere on the side of caution and contact EMS when he can't be heard.

The only other suggestion I would have is can a text message be sent in addition to the call? The reason I say that is because of the number of robocalls these days I have not answered my phone on a couple of occasions because I thought they were robocalls. Thankfully my work phone was called when I couldn't be reached by my cell. Just thought a text would be another form of communication that could be used. We are very satisfied with this service & I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone that I felt needed the service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alert1 Medical Alerts?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

My father a veteran passed away 2 weeks after the renewal date. Had been in the hospital for 4+ weeks. When we called we were told there was no prorated. That the entire next year ($467) needed to be paid. Even asked for a copy of death certificate to “deal with the estate”. Very uncaring and seems like yet another ploy to take from seniors who may not be able to fully understand. I am truly disgusted and would not recommend to ANYONE.

Hello Amanda,

Thank you for sending us your review. We are very sorry to hear of you and your families loss. Could you please provide the account information such as the Member's name and/or phone number so that we are able to look into this further for you?

Alert1

Original review: July 16, 2019

I called to get this for my mother after a fall. They sent a product that did not work in the rural area that she lives. She called and they had her go outside and walk all around (with her broken foot and shoulder). It never worked. We sent it back. They have harassed her, continued to charge her, threatened her, even keep trying to send another one. Should not have offered to us if it did not work in that area. Calling attorney today to stop harassment of my 77 year old mother.

Hello Faye,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry that mom has not had a pleasant experience with Alert1 and would like to look into this further. Could you please provide the account information such as the member's name and/or phone number?

Alert1

Original review: July 15, 2019

Alert1 informed my 89 year old mother that because she was on an automatic renewal for a year that even if she cancelled and shipped back the equipment she would owe her balance. We found a device the same as she had with Alert1 for 150.00 less, so we called to cancel Alert1. That's when we were told she would still owe the billing of 722.00, even if we return the device. We asked what if she had passed away and we returned the device. They said she would still owe the balance and that we would receive a credit toward another device or we could donate to their program. No refund. I thought this was a no contract deal. Why would you pay for equipment you don't even have in your possession anymore? Absolutely ridiculous!

Hello Brenda,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your review. While you are correct that we are a non-contract company, we are a pre-paid service. We would like to look into this further for you and mom. Could you please provide the account information such as the members name and/or phone number?

Alert1

Original review: July 10, 2019

I was billed for one full year when I call in the first week of the year to cancel. They said the company's policy is they do not prorate. After much back and forth, the manager said she could lower my bill from $722 down to $278 if I returned the unit the way it was sent out to me originally. I took extra care to clean, it was in pristine conditions when I shipped it back. I called a few days later to request cancellation, the customer representative said the unit has a red stain and is damaged! (Luckily, based on the many bad reviews, he took picture back and forth and even a video showing it was working prior to taking it to the post office.).

They said if I want to cancel, I would have to pay $722 due to the unit being damaged. I asked them to send the unit back to me so I can ensure it was my unit. They said they have already disposed of the unit and they now only have a photo showing the stain! They even destroyed the piece of evidence! I have a photo showing a pristine unit. They have a photo showing a stained unit. My words against their words. I am going to let the BBB determine and investigate into their malpractice. Please read more reviews of Alert1 on Yelp. All the reviews are 1 star. I bet people would give negative stars if they could. Beware. There are plenty good medical device companies out there with excellent customer services. Stay away and far away from Alert1.

Hello Lang,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are sorry that you have not had a pleasant experience with Alert1 and would like to look into this for you. Could you please send the account information along with the photos of the device?

Alert1

Original review: July 3, 2019

They will not give you all the information you need up front to deactivate or cancel a deceased services. Not a pleasant experience to be put thru this over and over! They may be good at dispatching help, but horrible customer service! :(

Hello Rod,

Thank you for taking the time to send this to us. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience cancelling services with us. To cancel an account we would simply need all of the equipment that we sent you received back in the main office. Our address to mail everything to is:

Alert1 Cancellations
      1000 Commerce Park Drive
      Suite 300

Williamsport, PA 17701

Once the equipment has been received we will be able to cancel out your account.

Alert1 medical alert system upgrades

Alert1 offers many system upgrades to customize Alert1 devices.

Alert1 system upgradeDescriptionCost
      Voice ExtenderThe voice extender has a 2-way speaker that can be mounted on a wall or placed on a table. $99
      Fall Protection PackageIncludes 2 wall-mount buttons, two motion-sensing night lights, adhesive tub strips, and a 12-piece set of corner guards. $200
      Advantage PlanCoverage for damage or destruction to devices, free priority shipping on initial orders and free standard shipping on replacements. $24.99–$108.29
      Medication ReminderA large LED display gives up to 4 medication reminders per day and includes a 48-hour rechargeable battery back-up.$149.95
      Monitored Smoke DetectorAlert1 alarm service automatically notifies the call center if smoke is detected. $10/month

Alert1 FAQ

How do Alert1 medical alert systems work?
      If you need help, push the button, and you’ll immediately reach an operator. Alert1 monitoring services use TMA 5 Diamond Certified operators based out of two call centers in the United States. They undergo certification checks to ensure compliance. Operators are available 365-days per year at any time — day or night — and Alert1 supports 190 languages. The operator pulls up your information, including location, and alerts your emergency contacts. If you’re unable to speak, then the operator follows your custom instructions to get you the help you need. The operator stays on the phone with you the entire time, so you aren’t alone while waiting for help.
      Does Medicare cover Alert1?
      No, Medicare doesn’t cover Alert1.
      What is Alert1’s average response time?
      It takes 20-45 seconds for an Alert1 operator to pull up your information and respond.
      Do I have to sign a contract to get an Alert1 medical alert system?
      No long-term contracts are needed to get an Alert1 medical alert system.
      What is Alert1’s return policy?
      If it’s within the 30-day trial period, you must use the Alert1 device to make a successful test call to the Command Center and then return it in its original condition. Any pre-paid shipping, warranty or activation fees are non-refundable. For more information, contact Alert1 customer service.
      Does it cost extra to add my spouse to Alert1 monitoring service?
      Yes. It costs extra to add a spouse to Alert1 monitoring services, but you’ll get a discount for a second person in your home.
      Where are Alert1 monitoring centers located?
      Alert1 monitoring center are located in Pennsylvania, California, Idaho and Utah.
      Do Alert1 emergency response services require a landline?
      No, the Alert1 mobile alert systems work with their own cellular signal.
      Does Alert1 offer a warranty on medical alert devices?
      Yes, you can purchase the Alert1 Advantage plan for additional coverage.
      Does Alert1 offer a free trial period?
      Yes, you can try out Alert1 devices for 30-days.
      Are Alert1 medical alert systems waterproof?
      Yes, all Alert1 medical alert system products are water-resistant and made to wear while showering or bathing.
      How much does Alert1 l cost per month?
      The Alert1 cost per month starts at $19.95.
      How long do Alert1 batteries last?
      Depending on your Alert1 system, the rechargeable batteries can last from 24 hours to 30-days.

Do we recommend Alert1 medical alert systems?

Yes. If you need a medical alert system, then you’ll appreciate the peace of mind you can get from Alert1 devices. There no cancellation fees and you can try the service risk-free with their 30-day refund policy. Plus, Alert1 systems provide a range of options customizable to your needs.

Alert1 Company Information