Founded in 1992, Alert1 is committed to helping seniors live safely and independently in their own homes. Medical alert systems are our only business, and Alert1 works hard every day to earn the trust and satisfaction of our customers. Alert1 offers flexible service plans, friendly sales representatives, clear pricing and terms, and a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee. Alert1 is accredited with the Better Business Bureau. Two fully certified and duplicated emergency call centers provide the unmatched reliability, protecting Alert1 customers even if one center shuts down due to a man-made or natural disaster.
Alert1 monitoring centers are UL-listed and Five Diamond-certified. Additional Alert1 medical alert systems can get expensive, so it’s essential you determine how you’ll use and wear your device before choosing a package.
- No long-term contracts
- Help in 190 different languages
- Free 30-day trial
- Cellular networks may not work nationwide
- Extra devices increase initial cost
Excellent service… very helpful and professional. Helped me contact EMT services to ultimately locate my mother at a hospital. She was well taken care of and I was able to engage quickly from 1000 miles away. We have had the service for many years and we are very pleased.Read Full Review
I am extremely happy with Alert services. My mom has mentioned several times how secure she feels... Every time my mom has used the alert button, you've responded almost immediately. Also, Alert calls me to let me know my mom has pressed the button and is in distress...Read Full Review
Keep an eye on your inbox, the lastest consumer news is on it's way!
Alert1 medical alert systems offer a range of options customizable to your needs with no long-term contracts or cancellation fees. Alert1 also allows you to try the service worry-free with their 30-day refund policy. It’s easy to add Alert1 system upgrades to feel safe anywhere in your home, and they offer several stylish medical alert necklace options.
Alert1 medical alert systems
Alert1 provides medical system packages for protection both at home and away with optional fall detection.
- Home: This landline-based system has a 600-foot range from the base unit. It comes with a waterproof medical alert button that’s compatible with pacemakers.
- Home with Fall Detection: This system includes a showerproof medical alert button with fall detection. It can be used with a landline or cellular network services and has a 400-foot range that automatically alerts the service if you fall.
- On-the-go: You don’t need a landline or cellphone with this plan. Depending on your location, it uses AT&T or T-Mobile networks for service. The included medical alert button is showerproof and has a 30-day battery life.
- On-the-go with Fall Detection: This system uses GPS, Wi-Fi, and cellular coverage to locate you if a fall is detected or the button is pushed. No landline or cellular coverage is necessary as it uses the cellular network for service.
- On-the-go + Home Fall Detection: No cell phone or landline is required — it uses its own AT&T network for service. With this package, you’ll get the PAX mobile fall detection pendant, home fall detection pendant and home wristband. It costs $52.95 per month, including an annual payment.
Alert1 medical alert systems pricing
Alert1 medical alert systems start at $19.95 per month with an annual contract, plus there’s no activation fee.
|Monthly rate with annual||Monthly rate with semi-annual plan||Monthly rate with quarterly plan|
|Home + Fall Detection||$30.95||$33.95||$36.95|
|On-the-Go + Fall Detection||$41.95||$44.95||$47.95|
|On-the-Go + Home + Fall Detection||$52.95||$55.95||$58.95|
Alert1 medical alert accessories
Alert1 also offers many accessories to help protect you in your home and lessen the chance of accidents.
- Wall-mounted emergency button: This button connects wirelessly to your base system for a one-time fee of $39.95. It’s showerproof, so you can install it in the bathroom.
- Emergency lockbox: For $39.95, this hanging lockbox holds up to five keys so emergency personnel can enter your home if needed.
- Surge guard: Protect your phone line or medical alert device from power surges with the surge guard for $19.95.
- Silicone wristbands: These showerproof wristbands come in three colors: gray, purple and blue. It’s $9.95, soft on the wrist, sturdy and fashionable.
- Fall detection pendant: The pendant is $30.95 or free with an Alert1 subscription. It requires a landline, is showerproof and instantly calls for help if it detects a fall.
- Pax Plus classic wristband: For $29.95, this is an additional button for the Alert1 PAX Plus Mobile and Home Fall Detection System. The device is waterproof, and the band is made of soft silicone.
- Mobile fall detection pendant: You can wear this medical alert button on a necklace or belt attachment. It’s $41.95 or free with an Alert1 subscription.
- Alarm bracelet: This showerproof bracelet connects wirelessly to the Alert1 base and costs $19.95 or is free with an Alert1 subscription.
- Alert pendant: This showerproof pendant connects wirelessly and requires a landline. It costs $19.95 or free with an Alert1 subscription.
- Kelsi protective case and belt adapter: For $9.95, you can get a protective case for Alert1 Kelsi and Kelsi Pro on-the-go medical alert systems. It comes with a velcro belt attachment.
- Medical ID bracelets: Each bracelet is $34.95, and it comes in your choice of small or large sizes. The stretch band is made from stainless steel and also holds your personal information.
All Alert1 medical alert necklaces are compatible with home medical alert buttons, Kelsi mobile medical alert pendants, as well as Life Alert and Lifeline medical alert buttons. Please note, some of these stylish medical alert necklaces come with magnetic clasps, which may not work for those with a Pacemaker.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
Hello, I have a similar experience to Tom from Naples, 2 years ago my mother-in-law had a serious medical issue and we signed her up for Alert1 in order to give us all peace of mind. It worked wonderful for 2 years so we have no complaints about the actual service other than the device itself is a little ugly and cumbersome for a trendy hip senior citizen.
It's now 2 years later and she no longer needs the service so she decided to cancel the service when her contract expired. Again no problem until she got a bill from Alert 1 explaining that the device she returned was damaged and they were going to charge her $500 to replace it. They are claiming that one of the "teeth" are missing. I will tell you that the device was in 100% working condition when she returned it. In fact the device itself is only 3 months old because she needed to replace it a few months ago.
She had purchased the insurance when she signed up so there was no charge to replace the device. However, she has no way of knowing if she received a brand new device or a "refurbished" one. And she was told that the insurance only covers one replacement even though she had the service for 2 years. So now they are charging $500 for a damaged device, that honestly she had stopped using because she no longer needed it and that she knows WORKED perfectly when she returned it.
Now both my mother-in-law and my husband (because he helped her sign up) have received numerous threatening phone calls demanding the payment and have threatened to send the bill to collections. I think the big problem is that Alert 1 is losing a lot of subscriptions because of the new Apple watch and they are trying to make it up by charging for "damaged" returns.
Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We would like to take a look further into the account for your mother-in-law. Could you please provide the Member information such as name and/or phone number?Thank you,
My wife has a serious heart condition and entered into a contract for a device that would monitor her and summon emergency assistance should the need arise. The contract required an annual monitoring fee and no equipment fee. After using the service for approximately 18 months, we determined that an Apple watch had superior technology through its SOS feature and its fall detection feature for a cost equivalent of one annual monitoring fee. And of course the watch has many addition features.
So we cancelled the monitoring contract forfeiting part of the fee and returned the monitor to the Company in accordance with its instructions. Shortly thereafter they Charged our American Express Card approximately $560 for equipment damage. The device worked perfectly when we shipped it so we challenged them. They asserted that there were scratches on the device a paint spot and sent us a photo. The scratches were not visible on the photo and the paint spot was the size of a pencil point, certainly consistent with normal wear and tear from 18 months usage. To add insult to injury, we disputed the charge with American Express to no avail and Alert1 added $20 to our account for having to respond to American Express and threatened to put us in collection. Rather than put up with the harassment, we paid the $20. Unfortunately we have no practical recourse.
We are sorry to hear that you had a less than stellar experience with Alert1. We would like to look into the account further for you. Could you please provide the Member's name and/or phone number so that we can pull up the information?Thank you,
I tried to change service for my parents who have gone into assisted living and no longer need Mobile Alert which was almost 900.00 a year. They refused to credit the amount towards a different system or to cancel the service so basically stole 900.00. Will never recommend them to anyone.
Hello Dee Dee,
Thank you for taking the time to send us your review. I am sorry that you were unable to switch devices for your parents. So that I am able to look into this for you, could you please provide the account information such as the Member's name and/or phone number?Thank you,
I had used the system for about five years when one of my insurance companies advised that they would provide one similar (not Alert 1) free of charge. Naturally I agreed. Originally when I discussed payment plans with Alert 1 I was told there was monthly, quarterly and yearly amounts, and that I would save $80-90 if I paid yearly, so that is what I decided to do. I also signed up for automatic payment with a charge to my credit card. Unfortunately, the payment was made on June 13th, and when I called to cancel on Aug. 27th I was told that there would be NO REFUND! This surprises me and upsets me. These systems are usually used by the elderly, who don't have much income aside from Social Security. Surely something should be done to make this company issue a refund for unused time.
Thank you for taking the time to send us this review. We would like to look into this further for you, could you please provide the account information such as the Member's name and/or phone number?
My mother recently passed away and since Alert1 was no longer needed, I wanted to cancel it. Not only was there no refund for 5 months that were still remaining; we now have to pay a significant shipping fee in order to insure and track return of the equipment. They also asked for a copy of the death certificate. Of all the companies I've dealt with since my mother passed away, NO ONE else has required a death certificate and most of those companies are providing prorated refunds and postage for the return of the equipment. I see a number of other people have experienced the same treatment by this company. I would not recommend Alert1. They market themselves as caring for the elderly... but in my experience they really only care about their pocketbooks.
We are very sorry to hear of you and your families loss! We would like to look into the account further for you as we do not require a death certificate to cancel out an account. As we are a pre-paid company we are able to cancel an account once all the leased equipment is back in the main office. If you could please provide the account information such as the Member's name and/or phone number so that we are able to look into this.Thank you,
- 2,132,789 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
My father passed away on July 7th and I notified Alert1 around July 9th or 10th of his passing and received instructions on how to deactivate the unit and where to ship it. The operator mentioned that if it was not returned I would be responsible for $1000 charge. Since my dad had just passed away I was busy planning funeral services and picking family up from the airport so I didn't ship the package back until the 19th. I paid $55 to have it insured and verified delivery as I wanted to make sure I didn't get charged the $1000 for non-return as I had a bad feeling. Unbeknownst to me, my dad's 90 day plan was set to renew on July 19th so his credit card was billed for $102.84. When I saw the charge I figured it was a clerical error and called Alert1 to have it reversed since the person the contract was with was no longer living and I had notified them of this prior to the renewal. They told me that there was nothing they could do.
I asked to speak to a supervisor and after a long hold was told there was no supervisor available and that one would call me within 24 hours. 2 days later I did receive a call back and was told that a refund was against their policy and nothing could be done. REALLY?? Wow! This is unbelievable. Most of their customers are probably nearing the end of their lives so I assume they make a routine of ripping people off this way. You can be sure that I will tell EVERYONE I know or come in contact with to NEVER use Alert1. Had they refunded this without a problem as they should have I would have gladly recommended them to everyone. even though my dad never fell and had to really use their service. They had still seemed like a decent company until this.
We are very sorry to hear of you and your families loss! Due to us providing leased equipment we are unable to cancel out an account or stop any recurring billing until we have received the device in the office. We are sorry that you did not have a pleasant experience with us and would like to look into this further for you. Could you please provide the account information such as the Member name and/or phone number?
My father a veteran passed away 2 weeks after the renewal date. Had been in the hospital for 4+ weeks. When we called we were told there was no prorated. That the entire next year ($467) needed to be paid. Even asked for a copy of death certificate to “deal with the estate”. Very uncaring and seems like yet another ploy to take from seniors who may not be able to fully understand. I am truly disgusted and would not recommend to ANYONE.
Thank you for sending us your review. We are very sorry to hear of you and your families loss. Could you please provide the account information such as the Member's name and/or phone number so that we are able to look into this further for you?Thank you,
I called to get this for my mother after a fall. They sent a product that did not work in the rural area that she lives. She called and they had her go outside and walk all around (with her broken foot and shoulder). It never worked. We sent it back. They have harassed her, continued to charge her, threatened her, even keep trying to send another one. Should not have offered to us if it did not work in that area. Calling attorney today to stop harassment of my 77 year old mother.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry that mom has not had a pleasant experience with Alert1 and would like to look into this further. Could you please provide the account information such as the member's name and/or phone number?Thank you,
Alert1 informed my 89 year old mother that because she was on an automatic renewal for a year that even if she cancelled and shipped back the equipment she would owe her balance. We found a device the same as she had with Alert1 for 150.00 less, so we called to cancel Alert1. That's when we were told she would still owe the billing of 722.00, even if we return the device. We asked what if she had passed away and we returned the device. They said she would still owe the balance and that we would receive a credit toward another device or we could donate to their program. No refund. I thought this was a no contract deal. Why would you pay for equipment you don't even have in your possession anymore? Absolutely ridiculous!
Thank you for taking the time to send us your review. While you are correct that we are a non-contract company, we are a pre-paid service. We would like to look into this further for you and mom. Could you please provide the account information such as the members name and/or phone number?Thank you,
I was billed for one full year when I call in the first week of the year to cancel. They said the company's policy is they do not prorate. After much back and forth, the manager said she could lower my bill from $722 down to $278 if I returned the unit the way it was sent out to me originally. I took extra care to clean, it was in pristine conditions when I shipped it back. I called a few days later to request cancellation, the customer representative said the unit has a red stain and is damaged! (Luckily, based on the many bad reviews, he took picture back and forth and even a video showing it was working prior to taking it to the post office.).
They said if I want to cancel, I would have to pay $722 due to the unit being damaged. I asked them to send the unit back to me so I can ensure it was my unit. They said they have already disposed of the unit and they now only have a photo showing the stain! They even destroyed the piece of evidence! I have a photo showing a pristine unit. They have a photo showing a stained unit. My words against their words. I am going to let the BBB determine and investigate into their malpractice. Please read more reviews of Alert1 on Yelp. All the reviews are 1 star. I bet people would give negative stars if they could. Beware. There are plenty good medical device companies out there with excellent customer services. Stay away and far away from Alert1.
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are sorry that you have not had a pleasant experience with Alert1 and would like to look into this for you. Could you please send the account information along with the photos of the device?Thank you,
Alert1 medical alert system upgrades
Alert1 offers many system upgrades to customize Alert1 devices.
|Alert1 system upgrade||Description||Cost|
|Voice Extender||The voice extender has a 2-way speaker that can be mounted on a wall or placed on a table.||$99|
|Fall Protection Package||Includes 2 wall-mount buttons, two motion-sensing night lights, adhesive tub strips, and a 12-piece set of corner guards.||$200|
|Advantage Plan||Coverage for damage or destruction to devices, free priority shipping on initial orders and free standard shipping on replacements.||$24.99–$108.29|
|Medication Reminder||A large LED display gives up to 4 medication reminders per day and includes a 48-hour rechargeable battery back-up.||$149.95|
|Monitored Smoke Detector||Alert1 alarm service automatically notifies the call center if smoke is detected.||$10/month|
- How do Alert1 medical alert systems work?
- If you need help, push the button, and you’ll immediately reach an operator. Alert1 monitoring services use TMA 5 Diamond Certified operators based out of two call centers in the United States. They undergo certification checks to ensure compliance. Operators are available 365-days per year at any time — day or night — and Alert1 supports 190 languages. The operator pulls up your information, including location, and alerts your emergency contacts. If you’re unable to speak, then the operator follows your custom instructions to get you the help you need. The operator stays on the phone with you the entire time, so you aren’t alone while waiting for help.
- Does Medicare cover Alert1?
- No, Medicare doesn’t cover Alert1.
- What is Alert1’s average response time?
- It takes 20-45 seconds for an Alert1 operator to pull up your information and respond.
- Do I have to sign a contract to get an Alert1 medical alert system?
- No long-term contracts are needed to get an Alert1 medical alert system.
- What is Alert1’s return policy?
- If it’s within the 30-day trial period, you must use the Alert1 device to make a successful test call to the Command Center and then return it in its original condition. Any pre-paid shipping, warranty or activation fees are non-refundable. For more information, contact Alert1 customer service.
- Does it cost extra to add my spouse to Alert1 monitoring service?
- Yes. It costs extra to add a spouse to Alert1 monitoring services, but you’ll get a discount for a second person in your home.
- Where are Alert1 monitoring centers located?
- Alert1 monitoring center are located in Pennsylvania, California, Idaho and Utah.
- Do Alert1 emergency response services require a landline?
- No, the Alert1 mobile alert systems work with their own cellular signal.
- Does Alert1 offer a warranty on medical alert devices?
- Yes, you can purchase the Alert1 Advantage plan for additional coverage.
- Does Alert1 offer a free trial period?
- Yes, you can try out Alert1 devices for 30-days.
- Are Alert1 medical alert systems waterproof?
- Yes, all Alert1 medical alert system products are water-resistant and made to wear while showering or bathing.
- How much does Alert1 l cost per month?
- The Alert1 cost per month starts at $19.95.
- How long do Alert1 batteries last?
- Depending on your Alert1 system, the rechargeable batteries can last from 24 hours to 30-days.
Do we recommend Alert1 medical alert systems?
Yes. If you need a medical alert system, then you’ll appreciate the peace of mind you can get from Alert1 devices. There no cancellation fees and you can try the service risk-free with their 30-day refund policy. Plus, Alert1 systems provide a range of options customizable to your needs.
Alert1 Company Information
- Company Name:
- Alert1 Medical Alerts
- Company Type:
- Year Founded:
- 1000 Commerce Park Drive, Suite 300
- Postal Code:
- United States