2. Medical Alert Systems

Call toll free
(833) 293-0996 Compare Quotes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.17/5

Need a medical alert system?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Founded in 1992, Alert1 is committed to helping seniors live safely and independently in their own homes. Medical alert systems are our only business, and Alert1 works hard every day to earn the trust and satisfaction of our customers. Alert1 offers flexible service plans, friendly sales representatives, clear pricing and terms, and a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee. Alert1 is accredited with the Better Business Bureau. Two fully certified and duplicated emergency call centers provide the unmatched reliability, protecting Alert1 customers even if one center shuts down due to a man-made or natural disaster.

Need a medical alert system?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Alert1 Reviews

Original review: July 16, 2019

I called to get this for my mother after a fall. They sent a product that did not work in the rural area that she lives. She called and they had her go outside and walk all around (with her broken foot and shoulder). It never worked. We sent it back. They have harassed her, continued to charge her, threatened her, even keep trying to send another one. Should not have offered to us if it did not work in that area. Calling attorney today to stop harassment of my 77 year old mother.

Hello Faye,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry that mom has not had a pleasant experience with Alert1 and would like to look into this further. Could you please provide the account information such as the member's name and/or phone number?

Alert1

Original review: July 15, 2019

Alert1 informed my 89 year old mother that because she was on an automatic renewal for a year that even if she cancelled and shipped back the equipment she would owe her balance. We found a device the same as she had with Alert1 for 150.00 less, so we called to cancel Alert1. That's when we were told she would still owe the billing of 722.00, even if we return the device. We asked what if she had passed away and we returned the device. They said she would still owe the balance and that we would receive a credit toward another device or we could donate to their program. No refund. I thought this was a no contract deal. Why would you pay for equipment you don't even have in your possession anymore? Absolutely ridiculous!

Hello Brenda,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your review. While you are correct that we are a non-contract company, we are a pre-paid service. We would like to look into this further for you and mom. Could you please provide the account information such as the members name and/or phone number?

Alert1

Original review: July 10, 2019

I was billed for one full year when I call in the first week of the year to cancel. They said the company's policy is they do not prorate. After much back and forth, the manager said she could lower my bill from $722 down to $278 if I returned the unit the way it was sent out to me originally. I took extra care to clean, it was in pristine conditions when I shipped it back. I called a few days later to request cancellation, the customer representative said the unit has a red stain and is damaged! (Luckily, based on the many bad reviews, he took picture back and forth and even a video showing it was working prior to taking it to the post office.).

They said if I want to cancel, I would have to pay $722 due to the unit being damaged. I asked them to send the unit back to me so I can ensure it was my unit. They said they have already disposed of the unit and they now only have a photo showing the stain! They even destroyed the piece of evidence! I have a photo showing a pristine unit. They have a photo showing a stained unit. My words against their words. I am going to let the BBB determine and investigate into their malpractice. Please read more reviews of Alert1 on Yelp. All the reviews are 1 star. I bet people would give negative stars if they could. Beware. There are plenty good medical device companies out there with excellent customer services. Stay away and far away from Alert1.

Hello Lang,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are sorry that you have not had a pleasant experience with Alert1 and would like to look into this for you. Could you please send the account information along with the photos of the device?

Alert1

Original review: July 3, 2019

They will not give you all the information you need up front to deactivate or cancel a deceased services. Not a pleasant experience to be put thru this over and over! They may be good at dispatching help, but horrible customer service! :(

Hello Rod,

Thank you for taking the time to send this to us. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience cancelling services with us. To cancel an account we would simply need all of the equipment that we sent you received back in the main office. Our address to mail everything to is:

Alert1 Cancellations
    1000 Commerce Park Drive
    Suite 300

Williamsport, PA 17701

Once the equipment has been received we will be able to cancel out your account.

Alert1

Original review: June 27, 2019

Updated on 06/28/2019: So Alert1 called me in response to my review of their product. They do not take pictures of packaging they claim unless there is visible damage supposedly of the package! But I have no way of knowing if the damage was caused in shipping because of this, so in essence getting insurance is useless. They will not refund my 559.00 and claim they cannot reuse the device, so if I have to pay the cost of the product I told them that they should return the item, which they won’t do. So I guess they are going to charge me $559.00 for a device they say is broken but won’t return it. So I think that means they will reuse it and make money on it!! Hmmm, I totally feel I have been scammed! Beware of this company, they are not there to help you!

Original Review: I had Alert1 for my Dad for 3 months while he recuperated from open heart surgery. After 3 months he was done. I called and cancelled the service. I was told how to send it back and to make sure I insure it. Sent and notified it was received by USPS. Then my credit card is charged for $559. I call the company and I am told the item is damaged. I said it was fine when I mailed it. I was sent a picture of the device which I honestly can’t see anything wrong with it. I was told to file a claim. I asked for a pic of the package to show the item was damaged by the postal service and they don’t have one. How do I know how it was damaged without that pic.

The girl I spoke to A.D. was condescending and just kept repeating herself like a robot, "We're sorry but it’s damaged." I asked to speak to her supervisor, she says “Maam I am a supervisor, there’s no one higher." Are they kidding me, telling me they don’t take pictures of the packaging. I have never had that kind of customer service where they are not there to help you, they just want to get that 559 into their pockets! Disgraceful and disgusting. We are turning to them at a difficult time in our loved ones lives only to deal with the horror of being taken advantage of!! I would never ever recommend them and I will make sure to tell anyone one that wants info!

Hello Andrea,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. You are correct that we do not take any pictures of the packaging unless there is noticeable damage. We would like to look into this further for you to see what we could do to assist. Could you please provide the account information such as the member's name and/or phone number?

Alert1

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alert1 Medical Alerts?

Original review: June 15, 2019

I had contacted the business and let them know my device was not working. It happened twice. First time they sent a new one. The second time. I couldn't speak to someone to troubleshoot. I finally sent it back when they called about it and they said I broke it and charge me $500. I think they do this for everyone who cancels their service.

Hello Sandra,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are sorry to hear that your devices weren't working for you! So that we can look into this further could you please provide us with the account information? Such as the member's name and/or phone number?

Alert1

Original review: June 3, 2019

We leased the Alert1 System for our Mother and the response time when an emergency button was pushed was very good. After being with the service for over a year, we signed up for a prepaid annual subscription in order to save a bit of money. Mom's health was deteriorating so we moved her to an assisted living facility of her choosing and called to cancel the remainder of the annual subscription and receive a refund for the remaining months. No refund for unused months! And when I sent a regular letter to the corporate headquarters, I did not receive any response to my questions. Just ignored me. So in summary, we would not do business with Alert1 again and we sure wouldn't recommend them. Mom passed this past week but she wasn't impressed either!

Hello Bill,

Thank you for sending us this review and we are sorry to hear of you and your families loss. While you are correct that we do not have any pro-rated refunds after the first 30 days, you are able to keep any unused time that remains to transfer to someone else who could benefit from our services. Or we have our Alert1 Cares program where you can donate the remaining months to a veteran or low-income person in need of our services.

Alert1

Original review: May 28, 2019

Received a defective on the go fall detection device. I insisted that they expedite the shipping and send me a new product using overnight delivery but they were too cheap to do so. Extremely disappointed by my experience so far with this company. Would not recommend.

Hello Tyler,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to look into this further for you as we strive for all of our equipment to be ready for use as soon as it leaves the office. Could you please provide the account information such as the Member's name and/or phone number?

Alert1

Original review: May 17, 2019

Pushed my alarm button, it took forever for a response, when they responded finally the voice was broken up and impossible to understand. What can you do about it? Can you replace my box? Can you improve your service? I'd like to use your "on-the-go" device but not if your service is so poor.

Hello Peter,

Thank you for reaching out to us! We were glad to be able to speak with you regarding getting an On-The-Go device for yourself. If you would like to make that switch please give us a call back.

Alert1

Original review: May 15, 2019

My father passed away 5 months ago - he had the Alert1 service - now they have billed me again for a year's service and are telling me they can't reverse the charges because I missed a random deadline from a random email sent from another business. He passed away! What business does this? Stay away from these people, they have no heart and are only in it for the money!

Hello Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are sorry to hear of you and your families loss and would like to look into this further for you. Could you please provide the account information such as Member's name and/or phone number?

Alert1 Company Information