2. Medical Alert Systems

Call toll free
(833) 293-0996 Compare Quotes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.08/5

Need a medical alert system?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Founded in 1992, Alert1 is committed to helping seniors live safely and independently in their own homes. Medical alert systems are our only business, and Alert1 works hard every day to earn the trust and satisfaction of our customers. Alert1 offers flexible service plans, friendly sales representatives, clear pricing and terms, and a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee. Alert1 is accredited with the Better Business Bureau. Two fully certified and duplicated emergency call centers provide the unmatched reliability, protecting Alert1 customers even if one center shuts down due to a man-made or natural disaster.

Alert1 Reviews

Original review: May 28, 2019

Received a defective on the go fall detection device. I insisted that they expedite the shipping and send me a new product using overnight delivery but they were too cheap to do so. Extremely disappointed by my experience so far with this company. Would not recommend.

Hello Tyler,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to look into this further for you as we strive for all of our equipment to be ready for use as soon as it leaves the office. Could you please provide the account information such as the Member's name and/or phone number?

Alert1

Original review: May 17, 2019

Pushed my alarm button, it took forever for a response, when they responded finally the voice was broken up and impossible to understand. What can you do about it? Can you replace my box? Can you improve your service? I'd like to use your "on-the-go" device but not if your service is so poor.

Hello Peter,

Thank you for reaching out to us! We were glad to be able to speak with you regarding getting an On-The-Go device for yourself. If you would like to make that switch please give us a call back.

Alert1

Original review: May 15, 2019

My father passed away 5 months ago - he had the Alert1 service - now they have billed me again for a year's service and are telling me they can't reverse the charges because I missed a random deadline from a random email sent from another business. He passed away! What business does this? Stay away from these people, they have no heart and are only in it for the money!

Hello Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are sorry to hear of you and your families loss and would like to look into this further for you. Could you please provide the account information such as Member's name and/or phone number?

Alert1

Original review: May 8, 2019

I ordered Alert1 after speaking with one of their agents on the phone. I was concerned that the system would not work at my father's home since he lives in the country and my cell phone barely works out there. The agent looked up his address and assured me it would work that it worked off of GPS. So I talked to the agent about if it didn't work that I could return. She said yes but what she did not tell me was I needed to pay for 6 months of service not three months.

The equipment came and there was no signal at his home. We called and spoke with Alert1 and they said they could not get signal and the equipment would not work for him. We returned the equipment right away but Alert1 is still making me pay 160.51 for the service. This makes no sense. If the equipment worked I would have kept it because it would have made me feel more comfortable to have that for my father but it didn't. The company will not budge because I paid for 3 months instead of 6 months. Which I would have done if they explained this to me in the beginning but they did not!! They basically told me tough and have forced my hand to pay for service that was not accessible.

I don't know how most people feel about this but I do not think it is right to pay for a service that will not work! How many other people that live in rural areas have been scammed by this company? IF equipment doesn't work due to your home location you should not have to pay for it, period! Even the cell phone companies have this clause in their contracts. Shame on you Alert1 for not recognizing this!!!

Hello Cindy,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us. We are sorry to hear that the device did not work for dad. We would like to look into his account further, could you please provide the account information such as Member name and/or phone number?

Alert1

Original review: May 6, 2019

I purchased an Alert1 device to help my grandmother in case she fell. When my grandmother passed away, we were told that we could send the device back in the mail and if we were accidentally charged, we would get a refund. I was of course charged on Friday for a three month period ($77). Despite having put the package in the mail the day before, the facility had not received it before the automatic renewal. Since we were told that we would get a refund if we were "accidentally" charged, I called this morning to straighten things out.

After dealing with an extremely incompetent "supervisor", who could not even verify my grandmother's address until the 4th attempt, I was told that it is not a refundable transaction. At this point, I now have this device paid for 3 months, even though my grandmother has passed away. This is by far the most inconsiderate and insensitive policy. I would recommend that you go with another company. Alert1 is incredibly unprofessional (their booklet had misspelled words) and extremely insensitive to the passing of a loved one.

Hello Kathryn,

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a stellar experience cancelling with us. We would like to look into this further for you, could you provide the Members name and/or phone number please?

Alert1

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alert1 Medical Alerts?

Original review: May 4, 2019

I hope you read this before you buy. I bought it for my mother after she fell and broke her hip. Wow...what junk. 4 units have failed, just stopped working, a couple making horrible noises that wouldn't stop. NO support after hours for the devices, just the emergency fall agents. It breaks after hours, tough cookie. Their advice, call 911 if you need help. Bad equipment, helpless staff, even the 'techs' can only say 'send it back'.

Hello Eric,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear that you had difficulties with our equipment and would like to look into this further. Could you please provide the account information such as Member name and/or phone number?

Alert1

Original review: April 23, 2019

Alert1 fall alerts worked beautifully for my mother when she fell and could not get back up. I purchased this for her several weeks before she entered the nursing home through my email and my credit card. I had to email them my power of attorney to try to cancel this - still no instructions on how to return equipment. I will contact Better Business Bureau next.

Hello Thresa,

I do apologize that you have not received the instructions yet! To cancel the account we simply need all the equipment that we sent you back in our office. If you have an email address I would be happy to send those instructions directly to you.

Alert1

Original review: April 15, 2019

I purchased this service for my mother in March 2015, she is now 90 years old. They set up an auto pay on my credit card and I did not receive any invoices or description of what you I was paying for. The first incident that required this service was horrible. My mother had hit the button prior to leaving the house and didn't realize it. Alert1 had no way to locate her. After discussions Alert1 advised we needed upgraded equipment if we needed GPS to find her (not sure what good it is if they don't know where she is) so we upgraded. In January of 2018 my mother lost the button and reported it to Alert1 on 1/3/18. They advised her that she would have to pay for the equipment. They auto charged my credit card in April and since there is no paper billing, we assumed it was for the equipment as it was about $100 more than the prior year service. It was not useful and we had not used the service, so we were just done with them.... WRONG...

Since the credit card they had on file expired, I just received a PAST DUE STATEMENT for service for this year as you have to prepay. I called them to advise that Mom had reported the device lost on 01/03/18 (Which they had record of) and I had paid for the equipment last year and we had not used the service since 01/03/18. They told me that not only was what I paid last year for SERVICE and WARRANTY that we did not receive, they said I had to pay for SERVICE this year as well as the equipment. This is taking advantage of the elderly and it is wrong on every level. I have retained a lawyer as I would rather pay an attorney thousands than pay these crooks that take advantage of my mother and the elderly one more penny! DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE... I would not select any stars but it made me select 1!

Hello Donna,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience cancelling with us. We would like to look into your account further, can you provide account details such as the Member's name and/or phone number?

Alert1

Original review: April 12, 2019

Do not use this company to purchase any devices. I returned my device in working condition and a piece of plastic from the clip had broken off previously. They then said it needed to be scraped and charged my credit card the full amount of $559.59 for the "piece of plastic" that was broken on the clip. They are a terrible company that will rip you off and charge you even if you removed your credit card info. from the website profile.

Hello Anna,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We are sorry to hear that you had a less than stellar experience and would like to look into this further for you. Could you please provide the account information such as the Member's name and/or phone number?

Alert1

Original review: April 1, 2019

I purchased this for my elderly neighbor. The device itself seemed to work fine. However, the lockbox we purchased for the front door was defective and would not open. They sent me a second one, this time I was able to get it open, insert the key, set the code, and lock it on the door whereupon it became jammed and would not open. Had to take the doorknob apart to get it off. Alert 1 refused to refund money. Impossible to get a supervisor on the phone "we'll call you back in 24-48 hours". I am EXTREMELY unhappy with the customer service and support. This was less expensive than some other services. You get what you pay for.

Hello Elizabeth,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear that the Lockbox was not working for you and would like to look into this further for you. Could you please provide the account information such as the Member's name and/or phone number?

Alert1 Company Information