toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I went on Just Energy website. I was looking at their information and they have lower rates than others. The customer service was really great because the representative that assisted me was really good. She was very efficient and provided me all the information I needed. She helped me understand how the certain plans work. I believe we're on a fixed rate plan now and she further explained that so I appreciated it a lot. I called the customer service again because I was confused about my electricity being turned on. But then I realized, it's because it was already turned on. I already recommended it to other people as well.

My experience in signing up with Just Energy was pretty comfortable and easy. I was informed about the connection and all the particulars in detail, so I had a pretty good experience. I'm happy with the service so far.

I just want to thank your new customer team for a smooth change to your service. It was easy and a relief to us! Friendly service and just nice polite people on the phone. Thank you!

I searched the number from Google and found the gas company so that's how I got in touch with Just Energy. I had Natural Peoples Gas, and my deal was going to be $52 a month, but Just Energy saved me $2. The guy who I spoke with was very polite and patient. There were a lot of questions that I didn't understand, but he walked me over them three times once again and I appreciate it. Right now, my payments don't increase, so I always know what the bill is going to be. It's not fluctuation from up and down, it's one step right and I like that. My first bill is due on the 29th, and it will be $50 every month. $105 was deposited and $35 was out directly, so I'm satisfied with that.

I've had Just Energy before and it costs less and is environmentally safer than other providers. Their team was friendly, too. It's been a good experience with Just Energy so far.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just Energy?

My previous energy provider was good but their rates go up and down. It was hard to keep track of what I was using per day. So I looked into PPL to look for an energy provider and saw Just Energy had one of the lowest rates. With Just Energy, I can check my usage every day and it's almost the same rate. Going with them was a good decision.

I went with Just Energy because it was no down payment and I heard they have lower rates. I called and got a rep who told me I had options to pay - a three sum amount, one-time down payment or I could split it up. I can pay two sums now and one sum next month. They want the money up front and weren't willing to work with me on my income status. I receive disability and I only get paid once a month. If I can't pay right, then they're going to cut my light. My phone hung up so I called a company that does Just Energy. They told me something totally different from what the representative had initially told me. He told me it was zero down payment and gave me my energy rates and I agreed with it. I got the experience I needed.

My bill from Just Energy was $35, but the whole bill came out as $165 because there was PP&L. Just Energy said it's $80 a month and everything unlimited but I got a bill of $165, so I wasn't sure. I didn't know what else the other charges were because the total distribution charges was $55.98 from PP&L, then $59 for total generation and transmission charges. I don't know if they doubled it or it's because PP&L charges other things with them. But overall their team has been good and I'd recommend them.

I looked up energy companies online and Just Energy was the first one I called. They said I didn't have to put a deposit down and I signed up. The reps seemed very nice and helped me with everything I needed help with. The experience has been awesome and I've been happy with them so far. But I haven’t paid my first bill yet so I’m anxious to see what my first bill is.

I've used TXU before, but their rate is a little bit higher. I just started with Just Energy, and so far, it's good. Plus, working with the team has been pleasant, they're really friendly and helpful.

Resolution In Progress

Just Energy

Hello Maria, we regret your experience and appreciate your feedback. Customer experience is very important to us. A member of our customer service team will be contacting you soon. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

I'm dissatisfied with my experience with Just Energy, I didn't want to sign up with them but the sales rep was a little bit pushy that I thought I had to sign up with them even though I didn't have to.

I am with Just Energy's Choices For You program. I get lower prices so I went with them. With the Choice program, the rep said it would be $54 a month for the gas and $45 for the light. It's both that way for three years. It sounded like a very good program. I hope it's really helpful. We will be able to see a difference by December. I'd recommend them.

I had a great experience with Just Energy. They had the lowest cents per kilowatt compared to the other energy companies. The man I talked to was very nice and very polite. He was personable, very knowledgeable and helpful. The only thing I didn't like was that you can't get an estimate of how much your bill would be. It would be nice to have that kind of estimate. I'm really happy with the energy company overall. I was very pleased with its low monthly bill. I even transferred it over to our rent home.

A guy from Just Energy came to my apartment and explained what the program was about and set it up. Everybody is cordial and polite. And I love that they saved me money on my energy. Just Energy was talking about how they spread the payment out evenly so you have a consistent electric bill. This drew me closer to the program. With the previous electric company I had, I do not know exactly how much I would be paying for electric considering that everything in the apartment is electric.

I am very pleased with the service and the benefits received through Just Energy. I am glad that a representative came to my door and explained the program and the benefits available with the program. I have seen a savings and really liked the weatherization materials I was able to order through the program.

The Just Energy sales rep walked up to the door, and I ended up going with them because of what she said to me and the savings. Setting it up was okay, but a little lengthy over the phone. The one part I didn't like was she had me go get my phone, then call in and go through everything over the phone with a guy that read a million things to me really fast. I stopped him and asked a couple of questions, then he went into explaining it to me like he had to say everything the second time. Then he had that little tone in his voice like, "You know, lady. What part didn't you get?"

Then I asked the sales rep outside my door if there are no hidden fees as that's just what I wanted to know. She was perfectly well with her details. However, she was really fast, and it was a lot to grasp at first. Luckily, I could keep up with what she was saying. Additionally, she told me she was sending me this email where I was going to get these 5,000 points that I would redeem for a Visa card, but I haven't gotten that yet. They also told me they're going to ship me out some free light bulbs, but I haven't gotten that yet as well. Nonetheless, it was a satisfactory experience and I'd recommend them.

A few years ago, I was living in with some of my friends and they already had a service with Just Energy. I chose them for the rates. They are also easy to deal with. When I need something, they take care of it quickly. They listen when I call and are very understanding. The reps are nice and respectable. It's a great experience.

My niece and my sister got Just Energy and they're very pleased with it. They said their bill is great compared to other electric company that they had. Before, it was really high but with Just Energy, their bill is just right. The one that I talked to was very friendly and his tone was great. He was very outgoing and was making me laugh. We had some great conversations and had a great time. I will recommend them to my friends as they come to me asking about an electric company. I'm satisfied and glad that I made a good choice.

Just Energy

Hello Karen. Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We apologize for your experience, which falls well short of our marketing standards and expectations. We have in place well-defined and communicated protocols designed to help all of our representatives abide by the highest standard in sales practices. We look to everyone representing our company to do so with absolute professionalism, integrity and honesty, beginning at the door. In those instances where our representatives do not live up to our marketing standards and codes, we will follow through with a comprehensive investigation and take any necessary corrective actions. If you can send us an email to pr@justenergy.com with the date and approx time of the visit, we can follow up with sales lead in that area. In the meantime, someone from our customer service team will reach out to you regarding your account.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2016

A person came to my door claiming to be a representative of PG&E (local gas company) and he was signing people up for an energy discount with PG&E. None of this was true in fact they ended up costing me $30.00 a month more and was a headache to cancel. When I caught-on that they were actually costing me more money and that they totally misrepresented (they are not with PG&E) what they are, I cancelled. While they so kindly waived the $75.00 cancellation fee they told me my service could not be stopped for two more billing cycles so really a $60.00 cancellation fee. Scammers til the end! My recommendation DON'T DO IT!!!

Just Energy

Hello Kenesha, We regret your experience and do apologize for any upset or inconvenience this has caused you. We definitely want to help and make this right. Someone from our customer service team has tried to reach out to you. We’ve sent you a private message with additional information.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2016

I've had the pleasure of experiencing the worst service ever! Not only did they disconnect my lights at 7 am an hour before they opened but I paid, which I planned to do anyways, but I waited 2 hours to schedule a reconnect only to have my call disconnected! I really don't wish this on anyone & if you can please go somewhere else. They have SHADY business practices!

I typed in PPL customer service number on my smartphone and when I hit the number, it took me right to a guy. He stayed on the phone with me till he got in touch with PPL. They were going back and forth about what deals they could offer me, and I ended up going with Just Energy. They offered an unlimited usage for $70-$90 a month and I thought that would be the best right now for our family's budget so I decided to go with them. We've always used PPL but Just Energy's offer sounded better than theirs. I started service November 1st.

Their rep was very helpful and very descriptive. He asked me a lot of questions of how he can best help my family. I told him we were evacuated out of our old home with the CO2 and gas leak, and we almost lost our lives. We lost a lot of our stuff and he took that into consideration. He spent a long time on the phone with me, almost a 45-minute call, but it was worth it because he really cared and he got my family in a program that now, I'll be able to afford and I'll never have to worry about not being able to pay a bill. He should be told to his boss because that's what everybody is looking for. Overall, it was an excellent experience.

An friend of mine at work told me about Just Energy, and because I wanted to save more, I went with them. They were very helpful in getting me set up, were understanding, and took the time to wait the whole week through. So far, the customer service was pretty good, and it's been an awesome experience.

PPL said Just Energy was the best available for me because of where I live and I have a stable bill every month. They were courteous and if I have any question, they were there to answer. I'd recommend them.

Someone from Just Energy came to my home. It was the first I had heard of it but it was explained very thoroughly to me. I looked it up afterwards when I knew I could change my mind if I needed to and found ample evidence that it was stable and made sense. Their sales rep was very good. He was very personable and he really knew his stuff. I didn't feel I was getting a hard sell and he answered all of my questions. I'm going to wait and see how it works out financially. But I'm assuming it will meet the expectations that I was led to believe were there.

My cousin mentioned she used another energy provider but when I looked up the guy's phone number and called it, it went to Just Energy. Initially, we wanted them because of the rate and the kilowatt. Also I badly needed a provider. The team at Just Energy very helpful and courteous. They look after my needs and whatnots. So far, it's excellent.

I was doing an online search and Just Energy was one of the choices for rates in my area. They were recommended to me and I went with them. I'm a new user as I have just moved into my own place. I called twice to tweak my address because I had the wrong one and we had to fix it and most of their staff that I talked to were great.

I wanted to give Just Energy a try. We called the electric company and asked because I'm on low income. Working with the rep was long and a little confusing. It's about affordability and so far, the lights are still on so that's good.

Somebody came to my door and told me about the program of Just Energy. They said that my bill would be decreased and it will be at a fixed rate. So far, I'm happy with them because my interactions with their rep have been positive.

Resolution In Progress

Just Energy

Hello Taylor, we understand that one of our Customer Service Reps has spoken to you to and confirmed that you had no current concerns. We appreciate the feedback that you provided to our team. Please let us know at pr@justenergy.com if there is anything else we can help you with. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2016

I looked up PP&L online and Just Energy was the first thing that came up. I meant to use PP&L and didn't realize I had Just Energy until I talked to them on the phone and they already had my name and address. I decided to keep it and their team seemed friendly and knowledgeable. However, the phone call was annoying because everything they asked me, they had to repeat after I already answered. So it took way longer than it should have.

I inherited my brother's house. I lived with him for 10 months before he died and I was making out the bills. I knew what energy company we've used before and I thought I'll see if I can just reestablish it. So I called their number because that was the electric company I was purchasing the energy before. The gentleman that I talked to from Just Energy seemed knowledgeable. He said that he has handled similar situations in the area and did most of the people, owners of rent properties and such, looking for a temporary set up or picking a protector plan. He suggested that I do that, so I did and it was quite neat.

I thought I needed to be at the house in order to see what was left turned on, just to make sure everything is okay when it's turned on. I did not realize it could be done electronically and it wasn't done till after I waited a while and called customer service to see when I might expect this to transpire 'cause the gentleman assured me it would be the same day. Evidently, they got caught off guard because he had assured me that he had everything turned off. The only nice thing they did was leave the refrigerator open so that it would dry out. But it all worked out well and it’s a good thing I was there.

Just Energy Company Profile