Consumer Reviews and Complaints

A third party provider referred me onto Just Energy. There was a cold snap a couple of weeks ago on a Friday morning. I had a baby. Just Energy said that they could get the electricity on by the end of the day and that's what sold me. It took some phone calls but they really did get the service turned on that day. Oncor said that they didn't even have the order yet. I followed up with Just Energy and I think it was a supervisor who made sure it happened. They called me back and everything came out well. I'd give the supervisor and whoever did the check out props for that.

I went with Just Energy because of my auntie's recommendation. My experience with them has been good all around and my bill has been lower. Their reps were very nice when I spoke to them. They were very respectful on the phone and explained everything to me. It's been awesome with Just Energy. I like them.

I've got an appointment for some electric in my name through Duke but I did it through Just Energy. However, I only had it on for about four days. It was good but I had to turn it off because I didn't stay there.

I have always dealt with the most polite and friendly people when I call customer service. They really seem to want to help the customer and they respond quickly. Thank you for your excellent customer service and exceptional quality of product.

Enjoyable experience with good representation. Definitely pleased with the process of the enrollment... Was quick and easy. Looking forward to using Just Energy and in short Just Energy has great products and I highly recommend! Thanks and keep up the great work!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just Energy?

Just Energy

Hello Karen, we're sorry to hear about your recent experience. Someone from our customer service team will be contacting you very soon to review your account with you. We have sent you a private message with additional information.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

I purchased a home in Killeen, closed on 12/28/16 and had set up my electric online, having spoken to someone who was supposed to get me the best plan. Yesterday, I got my bill emailed to me and it was for TWELVE DAYS and was three times what I had agreed to and had been quoted. I am a senior citizen, on a fixed income and at this rate, I won't be able to buy food. There is no way I used a month's worth of energy (proposed by the 'helpful' rep). I never used my stove, my dishwasher, my vacuum, and just purchased an energy efficient washer/dryer on 1/1/17. I am the only person here and to say I used nearly 600 watts of energy in 12 days is ludicrous. I will be contacting them and advising them that I cannot afford this 'budget plan' and I am getting out of this contract. CAVEAT EMPTOR.

Just Energy

Hello Kristina. We sincerely regret your experience and appreciate your feedback. We understand that a member of our customer service team was able to address and resolve your concerns. If there is anything else that we can do for you please email us at pr@justenergy.com. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I moved to the new address above and decided to try Just Energy. There was a switch hold on the address. Your CS Dept sent me a form. I filled it out and sent back the required paperwork within an hour of receiving it. I was told 48 hrs the hold would be removed. I called on Monday to find out my paperwork had never been processed. Now my lights will be off because the landlord is turning them off and I will have no electricity for up to 3 days because your company didn't do their job and process the paperwork.

Joining Just Energy was the best thing I have done in a while, no longer surprised to see my bill. Which was not the case before. I am on fixed income and now I can afford to not cut back on my food for the month. Thank you Just Energy for making this possible.

Customer service is great. Employees are always very friendly and helpful. Employees always make sure you have an understanding of what is going on. The reward program is great. I love that I can earn gift cards for places I love just for paying bills.

So I had the pleasure of talking with Alf and Mylz. They are two of the best door salesmen I've ever dealt with and actually took the time to listen to. Keep these guys because they knew their stuff even though it was Mylz's first day. He was AWESOME!

Factual basis uncertain

I found a better rate with another company. Did not like the underhanded way. I was told to add 1cent kwh to better the environment as it made me think it was not an additional cost to me. The new company did not promote the green energy at my expense.

Customer service was so knowledgeable and courteous and helped me. This was my first time I've ever had electric in my name. They explained everything to me. I would recommend them. I was very pleased with the price of the kilowatts.

Just Energy

Hello Jorge, we understand that one our customer service reps has spoken to you to address and resolve your concerns as well as provide further clarification. If there is anything else that we can do for you please email us at pr@justenergy.com. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I would like you to change the last name associate to my account because is wrong. The correct is **, and I like to let you know that when I sign up you never told me the end of the billing cycle, and you're charging me 2 days later. That's just doesn’t look right to me. I can't understand why is my billing cycle cut 2 days later and not 30 day later, or at least at the day 30 of the month. Anyway, it is what it is. I just feel that behaviour of you is not right.

The plan seems to be the perfect one for me living in an apartment. Everyone has been so helpful. I will be able to give a better opinion on the service itself once I have moved in and received a couple of bills. Then I will know if there are any unexpected additional charges. Fingers crossed that I have made the right choice.

Just Energy

Hello Henry, we understand that one our customer service reps has spoken to you to give you a better understanding of how a bundled contract works. If there is anything else that we can do for you please reach out to us at pr@justenergy.com. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I was told several different things by the sales dept. at JE. Finally, I decided to continue with my old company. One of the main things that bothers me is that I was quoted a price on the email that was lower than the contract sent via email (days later, after it was legally too late to back out). I was also told there would be no Oncor delivery charges, which I later learned was not true. Sort of a scam really. I do appreciate being able to stay with my old company, and avoided the penalty for withdrawal from the (fraudulent) contract.

The agent was extremely helpful and nice. He helped me find a company that didn't require a deposit and signed me up! The first time I got an electric company, it was a nightmare experience. I was totally overwhelmed.

I don't have complaints at this time. Keep up the great work. I'm very happy with this company. I don't really know what I should say because I haven't been with the company that long but I'm very happy with them as of now.

I was with Just Energy before and somehow got kicked off of it. I recently had someone come by and show me how much I was paying that was a ridiculous amount compared to what I was paying. The guy that set me back up with Just Energy was very kind and the process was very easy and I love how I have a lock-in rate for 3 years.

Factual basis uncertain

I had a man come to my door talking about how he can save me money. Truth is they are charging me $8.99 per unit and Consumers Energy is charging only $2.87. My bill this month was over $53 and had I been purchasing my gas from Consumers I would only have paid just over $17. DO NOT SWITCH TO JUST ENERGY. They are ripping you off. I wish I could enter 0 stars. Unfortunately I can't!!

When Just Energy came out and knocked on my door, they explained the difference between my electricity source from before and how much cheaper it was with them. I also liked what I read about them so I agreed to do it. I like the way they bill. It explains how everything is done. They don't beat around the bush when they come and they explain it in layman's terms how everything works. They take the time to put everything in detail on how everything should be. Everything works well.

I just started with Just Energy and a $32 bill is a lot better than $66. Their rep who came and knocked on my door was a really good kid and answered everything that I asked. I would recommend Just Energy.

Just Energy

Many thanks for your feedback Anthony. We're pleased to hear you're satisfied with Just Energy. If there is anything we can do to improve, please send us an email at pr@justenergy.com.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

Just Energy took over my account from another company. So far, everything is good. I talked to their rep who helped me start it up, and he explained things. I haven't gotten the first bill yet, but so far, I'm satisfied with Just Energy.

Just Energy asked for no deposit and the rate that they were giving me for the kilowatt sounded pretty good. I called, spoke with someone and they explained everything to me. It was a good experience.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Just Energy

Hello Paul, we understand that one our customer service reps has spoken to you to address and resolve your concerns. If there is anything else that we can do for you please email us at pr@justenergy.com. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

When I moved from one apartment complex to another one on the other side of Houston, I checked out Just Energy online and start up the service. I've been with them since March. My experience has not very positive lately because of an address change I've been trying to make. I did it online and I'm tired of calling to try to get it done but it still isn't showing on my account.

Just Energy

John, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We’re happy that you’re enjoying your new service with Just Energy. We have also shared your feedback with our customer service team who will follow up with you.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I have a friend who uses Direct Energy and so I started from their phone number. Then the lady who I first touched base with went to the different electric companies looking for the best plan for me and she found the best plan for me for Just Energy. It's good and so far, I’m very satisfied with them in the 2-3 weeks I’ve had them. However, I’ve got a friend who's looking for another energy company and I'm trying to get some information to give my friend but I haven’t received any brochure, mail, or bill since I did it on the phone.

One of Just Energy's sales personnel knocked on my front door and we chatted for a little while. I’m a pretty conservative fellow, and was looking for a way to reduce my utility bills. I’m on social security income and a partial pension from the DA, and neither one of those is increasing. But the cost of living is going up and so far, Uncle Sam is darn yet to give me a cost of living raise. The proposal was interesting and helpful. I signed up to the program recently, and I've received a thing from my local supplier saying that they received stuff but as of yet, I haven’t had any adjusted billing. Still, the experience has been informative and gratifying, sales-wise.

Just Energy

Hello Ricky, we appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We're glad to hear about your positive door to door experience. Ensuring consistently positive customer interactions is very important to us.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

A gentleman from Just Energy came knocking on my door and he said I may be eligible since I'm of age. He wasn't pressuring, and it was a pleasant experience. That's how I started with them, and so far, my experience with Just Energy has been good.

Just Energy

Chad, thank you for taking the time to share your Just Energy experience with others. We appreciate the opportunity to improve our customer experience. We have shared this with our team and someone will follow up with you.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

The broker I went through online found me the best deals and Just Energy was the best deal going then so I went with them. However, I never got my account in full and I never got a formal bill, either. I signed up for it but I never got my account number, how to create a log in and how to log in. I couldn't figure it out and I haven't had the chance to call. I have signed up for auto-drafts and I've already got my first bill. It was just partial because I moved in last few weeks of the last month and so far, it seems okay.

I googled for Champion Energy and called them and they offered me Just Energy. Just Energy was offering the pricing that I was looking for, so I went with them and everything has worked fine. The experience has been great so far. I used to have a different provider and there’s nothing different with the service, but price-wise, Just Energy was offering lower prices. Their team is good.

I got in touch with Just Energy when I called the PPL to get service. Everything went fine and is great. I haven’t received a bill or anything yet.

Just Energy Company Profile