Call toll free
3.66/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Established in 1997, Just Energy is an energy management solutions provider specializing in electricity and natural gas supply, green energy and energy efficiency tools. We have offices located across the US, Canada, UK, Ireland and Germany serving approximately two million customers. With customer-centricity at our core, we are focused on our key pillar of delivering customer value and positive experiences at every touch point. If you have a concern please contact us!

Just Energy Video
View More View More

Just Energy Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I was a former customer of TXU, and I got online. I was trying to look at the rates TXU was offering. And I pulled at the screen that had a number that I thought would take me to a TXU representative. And instead, I ended up with a fabulous woman who apparently looked at usage and then made recommendations on other service providers. And she recommended Just Energy. I recently got Just Energy and it has been seamless.

I called customer service once to confirm that the transaction had gone through because I got a notice from TXU saying the account was being closed, and I didn't want the electricity to be turned off and me sitting in a dark house. So, somebody from Just Energy answered the phone, and was very helpful and pulled up my account and said, "Oh, yes. Not to worry." And I asked him if he would send me the confirmation, so I had the account number just in case. And he sent me that, and he sent me some other documentation that I found helpful. I hung up and thought that had been pretty easy, because I was very nervous. I've never switched providers.

Get expert buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I called one of these websites where they gave you different choices of who to go with. I told them what I was experiencing and they told me that the best deal for me would be Just Energy. So, I told them to sign me up. Before that, I've used Cirro, TXU, and Reliant and with them, the bills just kept going up without even notifying me. I've been with Just Energy for one month now and so far, it looks really good because my first bill was only 41 bucks. That was really nice. But I prorated cost because it was a partial month.

In a laboratory, I need to see graphs and charts to form a decision, so I'm still waiting on my usage and compare apples to oranges to really know if they're good for me. I can't tell at the moment especially since I have family from my account. They have the AC running all day and all night, and I'm cringing every time I see the thermostat. So I'm gonna have to wait until after the summer to start to gauge the difference. I even have timers on the cable box because those are the ones that burn the most energy. So, I've had to bypass those to accommodate my guests.

Original review: June 16, 2019

We had Just Energy in 2012 but we moved to a different company and the bill was so high. I moved again to another company to save me money because I was on a budget. But seeing the bill was gonna go high with that company, we went back to Just Energy. Compared to my previous carriers, Just Energy doesn't lie about their percentages in their central wattage. Other people say, "You'll pay this much," but when the bill comes in, it comes in at almost $150. When I was with Just Energy, my bill would come out at $105. It wouldn't hit $130, $140 like any other company would. I am satisfied with Just Energy because I was hearing from multiple people that their friends’ companies would come up to almost 300, 400 bucks and that’s in an apartment. We live in an apartment and houses are supposed to be higher than an apartment.

The representatives at Just Energy are really helpful and they will answer questions. They are not disrespectful. However, nobody told me there was a process that I had to go through where I would get approved from the corporate offices so I would get my electricity up. I spoke with one of their representatives and she told me that Friday that they were gonna connect my electricity up. I called Saturday and they told me, "Call in on Sunday. We'll let you know." So, I called in Sunday. They said, "No. By Monday you'll have electricity on." We went from Friday night, Saturday and Sunday night, until Monday morning without electricity that time.

With the person that I spoke with the second time, he broke everything down correctly. He told me, “You won’t get your electricity on this weekend because it’s a Saturday and on Sunday we’re often closed. So, Monday morning you’ll get your electricity up.” I told him, “Excuse me if I kinda sound like mad or coming at you or barking at you.” He said it was okay. I asked who was gonna give my mom her money back for what she spent on groceries. It was not right that we went for three days without electricity. On top of that, my mom had a stroke. She couldn’t be without any AC. He was sorry and told me they would try to work with me right then. They told me whatever expired and if we had the receipt, they would compensate us.

Original review: May 16, 2019

When a Just Energy representative came knocking on my door, I originally had Direct Energy. The Just Energy rep told me they were cheaper. I liked the rep. They caught me at a good time and I took the leap. Getting set up with them was really easy. We were in an apartment so the bill was just $5 cheaper and wasn’t a big difference. But now, we moved to a house and I'm trying to see if the bill is gonna way cheaper than what I could have just stayed with.

I told Just Energy that I needed to switch from the apartment to the house but stay with the same account. But I had to move the energy before my lease was up at my apartment and right now, I have two accounts. It hasn’t given me trouble, but I wonder if I could use my perks if they join the accounts together instead of me making two different accounts. I haven't got my first bill yet, but so far, they have been very reasonable and my rate stayed the same. Plus, since they send me emails letting me know how much I spent in a week, I've been able to plan my checks, which has really helped me a lot. So far, my experience with Just Energy has been good.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I had someone come to my door informing me of Just Energy and the benefits of choosing them as an alternative to ComEd. I was informed that I qualified for the fixed rate and they also have a rewards program for paying your bills. I usually turn people like that away, but he was super nice and patient and informative. I live in an apartment with ALL electric and Boy... did they save me money!

I've been with them for just over 2 years now and have received about $200 in rewards. I was just surprised by how much it went up (the fixed rate) after the first 2 year contract (which I was ecstatic that it was that long). But, the CSR that I spoke with about the change actually took the time out to go over my energy bills over the past year to assist me in figuring out the best option in renewing. I'm glad they remind you to give 30 days notice if you're going to cancel. I just wish I could get a bonus for all of the people I referred to them. I even gave my landlord the information to share with new renters. I will continue working with them until I find something better (which I haven't yet).

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just Energy?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Horrible customer service. I called in to get my services taken care of. One of the representatives kept putting me on hold. Was talking to me very very disrespectful to the point I had to call in months later to see what actions were taken when I reported I never received an apology until today when I had to “call in and ask for one”... I never received a call like that. Also I’ve been with them for over 2 years. They cut my services off for 60$ and a disconnection notice I not once received them. I’m explaining to them I have a Disability. I need my services. They didn’t give a crap.

I have not ever been cut off. I sent them a screenshot of my online portal and that the due date is different from what they saying. They absolutely did not care that they were in the wrong... MONEY MONEY MONEY...didn’t get compensated for bad services or an update on a very very disrespectful call. I rather go elsewhere. Nope run. Press 1 for English and they don’t even understand what you are saying smh. Y’all have to do better. **A lot of these reviews are from people they give gift cards to for ratings they asked me a few times in shopping centers.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

We've just started with Just Energy and I feel fine about it. Dealing with them during the installation was pretty good.

Just Energy response

We appreciate your feedback Ervin. We aim to provide the best service for our customers. We have shared your feedback with our customer service team.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I lived somewhere else and I had Reliant. Comparing the two, Just Energy is definitely a lot cheaper. It’s been pretty easy to make the payments. The team has been great as well. I’ve called a couple of times and I’ve never had a problem.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I had a friend who said that Just Energy was cheaper than another energy company, so I gave it a shot. But I was looking at my bill yesterday and it was a bit confusing. There was a TDU usage fee that was $10 and then there were actual electrical charges. Also, every time I call, I'm always sent to the main office and then I get rerouted to the local Texas one. When I called in to get help with my login, it took a really long time to get in.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Everything is going smoothly with Just Energy. I was at Sam’s grocery store and they had some guys up there that was signing everybody up with Just Energy. My interactions with those guys were cool. I was with Amigo Energy and they're good. It’s just that their cost is high. Just Energy is high also, but from what I was explained and told, it was reasonable.

Just Energy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Just Energy is a national energy company that provides many Texans with Electricity.

• Variety: Just Energy offers a wide range of choice of programs for customers, including fixed rate options to avoid fluctuations in the market.

• Green initiatives: Just Energy has taken up many efforts to help the environment, including offering discounts on energy efficient light bulbs and investing $50 million dollars in helping to reduce carbon emissions.

• Community outreach: Just Energy focuses on doing charitable work for the communities around it.

• Large: The company is a big, international company, so often feels bureaucratic.

• Locations: Just Energy does not serve as many cities in Texas as some of the other large electricity companies do.

• Best for: Small businesses, midsize and big businesses