Consumer Reviews and Complaints

A third party provider referred me onto Just Energy. There was a cold snap a couple of weeks ago on a Friday morning. I had a baby. Just Energy said that they could get the electricity on by the end of the day and that's what sold me. It took some phone calls but they really did get the service turned on that day. Oncor said that they didn't even have the order yet. I followed up with Just Energy and I think it was a supervisor who made sure it happened. They called me back and everything came out well. I'd give the supervisor and whoever did the check out props for that.

I went with Just Energy because of my auntie's recommendation. My experience with them has been good all around and my bill has been lower. Their reps were very nice when I spoke to them. They were very respectful on the phone and explained everything to me. It's been awesome with Just Energy. I like them.

Resolution In Progress

Just Energy

Hello Loretta, thank you for taking the time to contact us. We apologize for your experience, which falls well short of our marketing standards and expectations. We have in place well-defined and communicated internal protocols designed to help all of our representatives abide by the highest standard in sales practices. In fact, it is clearly expressed in our training process that independent contractors are required at the door to identify themselves by name as a representative of Just Energy (or a JE company), ensure their badge is clearly displayed, disclose that the purpose of their visit is to sell natural gas or electricity supply, and that they are not affiliated with any local utility, the government or any consumer group (among a number of other criteria).

In those instances where independent reps do not live up to our marketing standards and compliance codes, we will follow through with a comprehensive investigation and take any necessary corrective actions.

We would be very interested in following up on this. Please send us an email to pr@justenergy.com with the date and approx time of visit and we will follow

up with sales lead in that area. Thank you.

Original review: April 19, 2017

A lady knocked at the door. She stated she was sent by my utility company to check and see if I had responded to the message on page 2 of my bill, and to ensure that your company logo was on it. I stated that if she was from an energy supply company to enroll me, I had no interest. She then reiterated that she was sent to see if the logo was on page 2 and could I go get a bill? I stated that I don't show my bills to anyone that knocks on my door. She showed me her solicitor's license to verify she was doing business for my energy provider. I stated that it was a soliciting license and in no way stated she worked for National Grid.

She again requested that I get my bill. I said, "Ok, but I am not signing anything." She then turned and walked away stating, "If you want higher bills and your price changing every month." Therefore I am left to deduce that she was trying to sell me this product. She was not affiliated with my energy provider. I do not do business with companies are deceptive and a deceptive sales practice lends only to deceptive business practices. She was obviously lying.

Just Energy

Hello Brittany, we understand that one of our Customer Service Reps has spoken to you to and confirmed that you had no current concerns. We appreciate the feedback that you provided to our team. Please let us know at pr@justenergy.com if there is anything else we can help you with. Thank you.

Original review: April 4, 2017

I have been with Just Energy over a year now and it has been pure Hell! Every month I have to call in to get an explanation of why I have all of the fees on my bill. Very Rude Customer service representatives. I have requested several times to have a bill sent out to me but I never receive a printed copy of my bill. Also I never requested to have any bills sent by email. Please stay far away from Just Energy!!!

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: March 22, 2017

A representative did get in touch with me and issue has been resolved. I would like to point out that even that person had to get clarification because unsure how billing was calculated. If credits could be shown on statements or call center knew how to explain this could have been avoided. I was at the point of cancelling my account over this. This should have never gone on this long. But in the end it worked out
I am satisfied with the results but not the whole experience

Thank you and I'm back to being a happy customer

Just Energy

Susan, thank you for providing feedback about your experience. We have shared this information with our team and will use it to improve our customer experience.

Original review: March 8, 2017

I was promised a $75 credit from company to be given over a 3 month period ($25/month). What they are doing is just taking $25 month less from my budget amount, while my actual balance grows higher. If I was actually receiving a credit, that amount should be subtracted from my balance. Phoned several times to discuss and wanted to speak to a manager. Was told managers do not deal with these issues. I thought that is what management is about. Their way of thinking of a credit is a lot different than mine. Can a manager please respond.

Just Energy

Hello Leslie, we understand that one our customer service reps has spoken to you previously to address your concerns. Someone from our team will reach out to you for additional info regarding your lost groceries.

Original review: March 2, 2017

I was in a roommate situation and we are both moving out, the electricity was in his name and he had it transferred to his new place. Since I was staying for one more month, I had prepaid Just Energy for one month so I didn't have a power disruption. At 10 this morning my power was shut off, when I called after being on hold for 20 mins they apologized and said my power would be back on in 2 to 6 hours.

I got home at 6pm to no power. I called them and they told me to call CenterPoint. I called CenterPoint to find out they never sent an order to have my power restored. I called them back again and got the same 2 to 6 hours. I called CenterPoint to check the status after 2 hours and they said they don't have an order and even if they got one, they won't restore my power until tomorrow after 8 am and to call them back then. Everything in my freezer and refrigerator is destroyed, no lights for the entire night even though I've already paid for it. This company is a disappointment and I will never use them again.

Will have more orders soon since tower is now repaired. I enjoy the art of cost saving in regards to energy efficient LED Lighting around the home. THANKS a lot for MAKING this ALL POSSIBLE... VERY RESPONSIBLE to say the least. Maybe as technology improves in time, we will see cost efficient ways of heating homes in the winter months as well as cooking on the range. Keep up the ventures in the great state of Michigan.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just Energy?

Services was transferred as I requested it. Turned off day I requested it turned off. Good customer service. Will recommend to family and friends. My apartment warm and cozy. My daughters enjoy it here. You all keep up the good work you are doing at Just Energy. Have a blessed day.

Just Energy

Hello Gilberto, we understand that a member of our customer service team spoke to you and was able to resolve your concerns regarding the perks program. If there is anything else we can do for you please let us know at pr@justenergy.com. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

Trying to get my visa prepaid card. Thanks. I tried calling but haven't been able to get whatever text I'm supposed to get from your company. How long does it take for you guys to get back to your customers. Don't mean to sound rude but I signed up in December.

I haven't had any problems with Just Energy and I like the bills so far.

I've got an appointment for some electric in my name through Duke but I did it through Just Energy. However, I only had it on for about four days. It was good but I had to turn it off because I didn't stay there.

I have always dealt with the most polite and friendly people when I call customer service. They really seem to want to help the customer and they respond quickly. Thank you for your excellent customer service and exceptional quality of product.

Enjoyable experience with good representation. Definitely pleased with the process of the enrollment... Was quick and easy. Looking forward to using Just Energy and in short Just Energy has great products and I highly recommend! Thanks and keep up the great work!!!

Just Energy

Hello Karen, someone from our customer service team has tried contacting you to address your concerns. We've sent you a private message with additional information.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

I purchased a home in Killeen, closed on 12/28/16 and had set up my electric online, having spoken to someone who was supposed to get me the best plan. Yesterday, I got my bill emailed to me and it was for TWELVE DAYS and was three times what I had agreed to and had been quoted. I am a senior citizen, on a fixed income and at this rate, I won't be able to buy food. There is no way I used a month's worth of energy (proposed by the 'helpful' rep). I never used my stove, my dishwasher, my vacuum, and just purchased an energy efficient washer/dryer on 1/1/17. I am the only person here and to say I used nearly 600 watts of energy in 12 days is ludicrous. I will be contacting them and advising them that I cannot afford this 'budget plan' and I am getting out of this contract. CAVEAT EMPTOR.

Just Energy

Hello Kristina. We sincerely regret your experience and appreciate your feedback. We understand that a member of our customer service team was able to address and resolve your concerns. If there is anything else that we can do for you please email us at pr@justenergy.com. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I moved to the new address above and decided to try Just Energy. There was a switch hold on the address. Your CS Dept sent me a form. I filled it out and sent back the required paperwork within an hour of receiving it. I was told 48 hrs the hold would be removed. I called on Monday to find out my paperwork had never been processed. Now my lights will be off because the landlord is turning them off and I will have no electricity for up to 3 days because your company didn't do their job and process the paperwork.

Just Energy

Sandra, we're delighted to read your feedback about Just Energy! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the best value for our customers.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

Joining Just Energy was the best thing I have done in a while, no longer surprised to see my bill. Which was not the case before. I am on fixed income and now I can afford to not cut back on my food for the month. Thank you Just Energy for making this possible.

Just Energy

Samantha, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We're happy that you're enjoying your service and our rewards program!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

Customer service is great. Employees are always very friendly and helpful. Employees always make sure you have an understanding of what is going on. The reward program is great. I love that I can earn gift cards for places I love just for paying bills.

Just Energy

Hello Samantha, we’re happy to read your feedback about your service. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at the door.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

So I had the pleasure of talking with Alf and Mylz. They are two of the best door salesmen I've ever dealt with and actually took the time to listen to. Keep these guys because they knew their stuff even though it was Mylz's first day. He was AWESOME!

Factual basis uncertain

I found a better rate with another company. Did not like the underhanded way. I was told to add 1cent kwh to better the environment as it made me think it was not an additional cost to me. The new company did not promote the green energy at my expense.

Customer service was so knowledgeable and courteous and helped me. This was my first time I've ever had electric in my name. They explained everything to me. I would recommend them. I was very pleased with the price of the kilowatts.

Just Energy

Hello Jorge, we understand that one our customer service reps has spoken to you to address and resolve your concerns as well as provide further clarification. If there is anything else that we can do for you please email us at pr@justenergy.com. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I would like you to change the last name associate to my account because is wrong. The correct is **, and I like to let you know that when I sign up you never told me the end of the billing cycle, and you're charging me 2 days later. That's just doesn’t look right to me. I can't understand why is my billing cycle cut 2 days later and not 30 day later, or at least at the day 30 of the month. Anyway, it is what it is. I just feel that behaviour of you is not right.

The plan seems to be the perfect one for me living in an apartment. Everyone has been so helpful. I will be able to give a better opinion on the service itself once I have moved in and received a couple of bills. Then I will know if there are any unexpected additional charges. Fingers crossed that I have made the right choice.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Just Energy

Hello Henry, we understand that one our customer service reps has spoken to you to give you a better understanding of how a bundled contract works. If there is anything else that we can do for you please reach out to us at pr@justenergy.com. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I was told several different things by the sales dept. at JE. Finally, I decided to continue with my old company. One of the main things that bothers me is that I was quoted a price on the email that was lower than the contract sent via email (days later, after it was legally too late to back out). I was also told there would be no Oncor delivery charges, which I later learned was not true. Sort of a scam really. I do appreciate being able to stay with my old company, and avoided the penalty for withdrawal from the (fraudulent) contract.

The agent was extremely helpful and nice. He helped me find a company that didn't require a deposit and signed me up! The first time I got an electric company, it was a nightmare experience. I was totally overwhelmed.

I don't have complaints at this time. Keep up the great work. I'm very happy with this company. I don't really know what I should say because I haven't been with the company that long but I'm very happy with them as of now.

I was with Just Energy before and somehow got kicked off of it. I recently had someone come by and show me how much I was paying that was a ridiculous amount compared to what I was paying. The guy that set me back up with Just Energy was very kind and the process was very easy and I love how I have a lock-in rate for 3 years.

Setting up my service with Just Energy was smooth and quick. I've had no problems.

Factual basis uncertain

I had a man come to my door talking about how he can save me money. Truth is they are charging me $8.99 per unit and Consumers Energy is charging only $2.87. My bill this month was over $53 and had I been purchasing my gas from Consumers I would only have paid just over $17. DO NOT SWITCH TO JUST ENERGY. They are ripping you off. I wish I could enter 0 stars. Unfortunately I can't!!

When Just Energy came out and knocked on my door, they explained the difference between my electricity source from before and how much cheaper it was with them. I also liked what I read about them so I agreed to do it. I like the way they bill. It explains how everything is done. They don't beat around the bush when they come and they explain it in layman's terms how everything works. They take the time to put everything in detail on how everything should be. Everything works well.

I just started with Just Energy and a $32 bill is a lot better than $66. Their rep who came and knocked on my door was a really good kid and answered everything that I asked. I would recommend Just Energy.

Just Energy

Many thanks for your feedback Anthony. We're pleased to hear you're satisfied with Just Energy. If there is anything we can do to improve, please send us an email at pr@justenergy.com.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

Just Energy took over my account from another company. So far, everything is good. I talked to their rep who helped me start it up, and he explained things. I haven't gotten the first bill yet, but so far, I'm satisfied with Just Energy.

Just Energy asked for no deposit and the rate that they were giving me for the kilowatt sounded pretty good. I called, spoke with someone and they explained everything to me. It was a good experience.

Just Energy Company Profile