toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

A third party provider referred me onto Just Energy. There was a cold snap a couple of weeks ago on a Friday morning. I had a baby. Just Energy said that they could get the electricity on by the end of the day and that's what sold me. It took some phone calls but they really did get the service turned on that day. Oncor said that they didn't even have the order yet. I followed up with Just Energy and I think it was a supervisor who made sure it happened. They called me back and everything came out well. I'd give the supervisor and whoever did the check out props for that.

I went with Just Energy because of my auntie's recommendation. My experience with them has been good all around and my bill has been lower. Their reps were very nice when I spoke to them. They were very respectful on the phone and explained everything to me. It's been awesome with Just Energy. I like them.

Just Energy

Hello Julianna, thanks for reaching out. Customer experience is extremely important to us. Someone from our customer service team will get in touch with you regarding your concerns. Thanks.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I was suppose to have the cheapest plan which was a lie. First bill came out to $159 never had a bill that high then my next bill come out to $319 being a single mom how could I pay that seriously. Customer service takes forever to reach and I never got my visa prepaid card in the mail either.

Just Energy

Hello Matthew, we understand that someone from our customer service team has tried contacting you to resolve your concerns. If there is anything else that we can assist you with, please let us know at pr@justenergy.com. Thanks.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I called in May and told them I wanted my service ended on June 30 and did not want to renew my contract with them. Even though I did not renew my contract with them they say I wasn't specific enough about cancelling services. I said I didn't want to renew my contract on June 30, how could that mean I still wanted electricity! Additionally I never answered any of their subsequent emails and phone calls about renewing the contract. When I got my bill for July, when I wasn't living at the address, I called in and asked them to withdraw the bill and they said they could not unless I proved to them that I called in and cancelled. How am I supposed to do that months later?? A ridiculous waste of my time. I will not be using them again in the future!

Just Energy

Hello Lauren, thanks for reaching out. We definitely would like to help to resolve your concerns. Someone from our customer service team will be reaching out to you to review your account.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I have not yet been able to contact PSEG or Just Energy, and I'm hoping that my bill will be lowered once I'm able to touch base. My bill varies between $50 and $150 pretty typically. In the Summer, I see it reach about $150. This is my first bill with Just Energy and it is $660 for less than 20 therms of gas and about 1000 kwh of electric. My bill states that approximately $60 of the bill is the charge for electric and $20 is attributed to gas. (Last month, I paid approximately $150 for very similar usage.) The bill reads that approximately $580 is a charge from Just Energy. I was promised lower rates and all of the information that representative gave me made it seem like I would at the very least pay the same price I was consistently paying before. This is completely unacceptable.

Just Energy

Hello Teri, we'd like to help. Someone from our customer service team will reach out to you. We've also sent you additional info via a private message.

Original review: July 31, 2017

While shopping at Sam's Club, I was approached by a man asking if we supported green energy. I said yes and he said Sam's was offering a $70 gift card just for signing up and there would be no cost whatsoever to us because it is a benefit of being a Sam's Club member. It was also stated that this is offered through the government for supporting green energy. I fell for the scam and signed electronically on his iPad. I researched it after we left and felt so stupid. I tried to call and cancel and they were already closed. I emailed and got an auto reply. My husband called Sam's and were told it already went through electronically from me signing. I feel sick to my stomach for being so dumb. I hope we can get this cancelled soon without there being any cost involved but I am afraid of how much time and effort it will end up taking.

Just Energy

Hi Myra, we understand that someone from our team was able to connect with you to explain the Perks program. We hope that they were able to resolve your concerns. Thanks again for your feedback as we're always looking at ways to better serve our customers. If there's anything else that we can do for you, please let us know at pr@justenergy.com. Thank you.

Original review: July 31, 2017

While shipping I was approached by a Just Energy representative. I advised her, I already have existing service through Just Energy. She informed me the company has a Perks Program and to contact the perks department to become registered. I called the following Monday. The Perks representative said they only "deal" with customers who are already registered through the program and proceeded to transfer me to the customer service department through the company. The representative who answered, advised me she will email me the activation and to allow 7 business days. Fast forward 2 weeks, I called the perks department again to see if there was something I missed. I checked my spam, and regular email and I have NOT received the activation for the perks program. The perks department transferred me again to the CS department who transferred me to a specialty dept.?

After 30 minutes of being transferred AGAIN BACK TO THE PERKS department I hung up the phone. My frustration lies with how difficult it is to sign up for a program, which I was told was for customers like me. I pay on time, I've been with the company for YEARS. Why is it the employees don't seem to know how to register a customer via phone or via the website? Why does it take so long to receive the activation email? Why all the back and forth transfers from one department to another? Why can't the perks department register customers themselves? I am very disappointed with this particular service. I bet the perks apply as of the day you sign up. Funny how with every effort I have been making, almost 1 month has gone by, and they had NO problem with Just Energy emailing my invoice, But emailing me the activation for their perks program? A WHOLE other STORY!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just Energy?

Just Energy

Hello Suresh, we understand that Elodia from our customer service team was able to get in touch with you regarding your concerns. If there is anything else that we can do for you please email us at pr@justenergy.com. Thank you.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I had just signed up for Just Energy after one of their representative came to my Front door and said It's a Flat Rate Gas providing company, other than PG&E, He did NOT say: 1. There is a Limit on amount of Gas. I will have to consume (500 therms per year), they just said Flat Rate billing irrespective of consumption. 2. Delivery charges from PG&E that are almost like the one you pay regularly, SO I ended up paying Double charges even for a small amount of Gas (I consume around 20 Therms per month in summer). 3. Then after my 1st billing cycle, having seen the bill, I had called them immediately and requested for Cancellation. They said standard reply... Wait for 1-2 more billing cycles to take off this Just Energy, So you are locked with them for No mistake of yours and somebody giving Incomplete Plan info and Non-Transparent practices.

I am going to taking this issue with Consumer forum, and also in Neighborhood social forum (NextDoor) educating other my neighbors so that this company won't cheat others like this.

Just Energy

Hello Staci, we regret your experience and would definitely like to help make things right. Someone from our customer service team has attempted to connect with you. We've sent you a private message with additional details. Thank you.

Original review: June 23, 2017

I recently moved and had to cancel my service, which I was already unhappy with to begin with. I called before we moved to have my service cancelled, WHEN I SIGNED UP. I was told there was NO cancellation fee, which is what sold me on signing up. I called a few months into my term with Just Energy because I heard another energy supplier had lower rates, they were unable to give me what they were offering and I asked, if they offer me something lower is it free to cancel. The associate I spoke with said, "THERE IS NO CANCELLATION FEE UNDER YOUR CONTRACT."

I have a signed copy stating that there was no cancellation fee. I keep getting calls from Just Energy trying to get a cancellation fee out of me. When I offer to fax them over the signed copy of the paper stating that there is no cancellation fee, they tell me they do not care about that. They WILL NOT be getting another penny from me. I will not pay the cancellation fee. They call me 3 times a day. I am sick of this and I will be sure to tell everyone I know NOT to sign with them.

Just Energy

We’ve been trying to resolve this customer’s issue for several weeks now. We have researched and investigated everything shared by her and have been working diligently towards arriving at a reasonable resolution. The matter is now being managed by our legal team.

Original review: May 30, 2017

Scammed since 2008. And me and my husband just found out YES in 2017!!! My husband was scammed into believing that there was a shortage in gas and he was given an amazing price. He signed an agreement on 6/2/2008 and on 6/3/2008 called and cancelled the contract. You have 30 days to cancel. Well they never cancelled it and even when I called to complain in 2010 they still continued to bill us. We are in contact with a supervisor and hope that they will make this right by giving us our money back. Again verbal cancellation is ok and that was done so we should have never been charged. We want every dime back from 2008 to today!

Just Energy

Hello Cheryl, someone from our customer service team has tried reaching out to you to provide a resolution. We've sent you a private message with additional information.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I had just signed up for Just Energy April 1, 2017. My bill was supposedly supposed to come down to around $32. My bill this month was around $96. I called Just Energy to inquire why my bill is so high. I understand I have to pay my Gas carrier who happens to be PG&E for delivery of the gas but the delivery charge was $56. When I asked for some explanation the customer service woman was so rude I had to cancel. Then she stated it would be one to two months before my cancellation would go through. She was just very rude all around. So much for trying to be nice to one of those solicitors at my door. A solicitor who shouldn't even be soliciting in my neighborhood.

Just Energy

Hello Francis, we understand that one our customer service reps has spoken to you regarding your account and was able to resolve your concerns. If there is anything else that we can do for you please email us at pr@justenergy.com. Thank you.

Original review: May 18, 2017

I wish to register my displeasure with the billing system and the bill amount I have received since taking a decision to switch to Just Energy. Before now, the highest bill I had received was $135 because it was in the winter season. Despite that I hardly stay at my one bedroom apartment because I stay often at my family house, since joining JE 2 months ago, my bills have been constant $177.19 and these displaced my budget and it's against the reason I moved after been told by the rep that their rate of calculation was lower compared to what I had. I have never owed bills, but I think I've been moved towards that now. I called the customer service and the guy spoke nicely and respectful, but promised that this will be lowered in my next bill. I just got another now, same amount. He gave me new rates to expect and an agreement no. **. Please if an officer from Just Energy is reading this, please help.

Just Energy

Hello Loretta, thank you for taking the time to contact us. We apologize for your experience, which falls well short of our marketing standards and expectations. We have in place well-defined and communicated internal protocols designed to help all of our representatives abide by the highest standard in sales practices. In fact, it is clearly expressed in our training process that independent contractors are required at the door to identify themselves by name as a representative of Just Energy (or a JE company), ensure their badge is clearly displayed, disclose that the purpose of their visit is to sell natural gas or electricity supply, and that they are not affiliated with any local utility, the government or any consumer group (among a number of other criteria).

In those instances where independent reps do not live up to our marketing standards and compliance codes, we will follow through with a comprehensive investigation and take any necessary corrective actions.

We would be very interested in following up on this. Please send us an email to pr@justenergy.com with the date and approx time of visit and we will follow

up with sales lead in that area. Thank you.

Original review: April 19, 2017

A lady knocked at the door. She stated she was sent by my utility company to check and see if I had responded to the message on page 2 of my bill, and to ensure that your company logo was on it. I stated that if she was from an energy supply company to enroll me, I had no interest. She then reiterated that she was sent to see if the logo was on page 2 and could I go get a bill? I stated that I don't show my bills to anyone that knocks on my door. She showed me her solicitor's license to verify she was doing business for my energy provider. I stated that it was a soliciting license and in no way stated she worked for National Grid.

She again requested that I get my bill. I said, "Ok, but I am not signing anything." She then turned and walked away stating, "If you want higher bills and your price changing every month." Therefore I am left to deduce that she was trying to sell me this product. She was not affiliated with my energy provider. I do not do business with companies are deceptive and a deceptive sales practice lends only to deceptive business practices. She was obviously lying.

Just Energy

Hello Brittany, we understand that one of our Customer Service Reps has spoken to you to and confirmed that you had no current concerns. We appreciate the feedback that you provided to our team. Please let us know at pr@justenergy.com if there is anything else we can help you with. Thank you.

Original review: April 4, 2017

I have been with Just Energy over a year now and it has been pure Hell! Every month I have to call in to get an explanation of why I have all of the fees on my bill. Very Rude Customer service representatives. I have requested several times to have a bill sent out to me but I never receive a printed copy of my bill. Also I never requested to have any bills sent by email. Please stay far away from Just Energy!!!

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: March 22, 2017

A representative did get in touch with me and issue has been resolved. I would like to point out that even that person had to get clarification because unsure how billing was calculated. If credits could be shown on statements or call center knew how to explain this could have been avoided. I was at the point of cancelling my account over this. This should have never gone on this long. But in the end it worked out
I am satisfied with the results but not the whole experience

Thank you and I'm back to being a happy customer

Just Energy

Susan, thank you for providing feedback about your experience. We have shared this information with our team and will use it to improve our customer experience.

Original review: March 8, 2017

I was promised a $75 credit from company to be given over a 3 month period ($25/month). What they are doing is just taking $25 month less from my budget amount, while my actual balance grows higher. If I was actually receiving a credit, that amount should be subtracted from my balance. Phoned several times to discuss and wanted to speak to a manager. Was told managers do not deal with these issues. I thought that is what management is about. Their way of thinking of a credit is a lot different than mine. Can a manager please respond.

Just Energy

Hello Leslie, we understand that one our customer service reps has spoken to you previously to address your concerns. Someone from our team will reach out to you for additional info regarding your lost groceries.

Original review: March 2, 2017

I was in a roommate situation and we are both moving out, the electricity was in his name and he had it transferred to his new place. Since I was staying for one more month, I had prepaid Just Energy for one month so I didn't have a power disruption. At 10 this morning my power was shut off, when I called after being on hold for 20 mins they apologized and said my power would be back on in 2 to 6 hours.

I got home at 6pm to no power. I called them and they told me to call CenterPoint. I called CenterPoint to find out they never sent an order to have my power restored. I called them back again and got the same 2 to 6 hours. I called CenterPoint to check the status after 2 hours and they said they don't have an order and even if they got one, they won't restore my power until tomorrow after 8 am and to call them back then. Everything in my freezer and refrigerator is destroyed, no lights for the entire night even though I've already paid for it. This company is a disappointment and I will never use them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Will have more orders soon since tower is now repaired. I enjoy the art of cost saving in regards to energy efficient LED Lighting around the home. THANKS a lot for MAKING this ALL POSSIBLE... VERY RESPONSIBLE to say the least. Maybe as technology improves in time, we will see cost efficient ways of heating homes in the winter months as well as cooking on the range. Keep up the ventures in the great state of Michigan.

Services was transferred as I requested it. Turned off day I requested it turned off. Good customer service. Will recommend to family and friends. My apartment warm and cozy. My daughters enjoy it here. You all keep up the good work you are doing at Just Energy. Have a blessed day.

Just Energy

Hello Gilberto, we understand that a member of our customer service team spoke to you and was able to resolve your concerns regarding the perks program. If there is anything else we can do for you please let us know at pr@justenergy.com. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

Trying to get my visa prepaid card. Thanks. I tried calling but haven't been able to get whatever text I'm supposed to get from your company. How long does it take for you guys to get back to your customers. Don't mean to sound rude but I signed up in December.

I haven't had any problems with Just Energy and I like the bills so far.

I've got an appointment for some electric in my name through Duke but I did it through Just Energy. However, I only had it on for about four days. It was good but I had to turn it off because I didn't stay there.

I have always dealt with the most polite and friendly people when I call customer service. They really seem to want to help the customer and they respond quickly. Thank you for your excellent customer service and exceptional quality of product.

Enjoyable experience with good representation. Definitely pleased with the process of the enrollment... Was quick and easy. Looking forward to using Just Energy and in short Just Energy has great products and I highly recommend! Thanks and keep up the great work!!!

Just Energy

Hello Karen, someone from our customer service team has tried contacting you to address your concerns. We've sent you a private message with additional information.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

I purchased a home in Killeen, closed on 12/28/16 and had set up my electric online, having spoken to someone who was supposed to get me the best plan. Yesterday, I got my bill emailed to me and it was for TWELVE DAYS and was three times what I had agreed to and had been quoted. I am a senior citizen, on a fixed income and at this rate, I won't be able to buy food. There is no way I used a month's worth of energy (proposed by the 'helpful' rep). I never used my stove, my dishwasher, my vacuum, and just purchased an energy efficient washer/dryer on 1/1/17. I am the only person here and to say I used nearly 600 watts of energy in 12 days is ludicrous. I will be contacting them and advising them that I cannot afford this 'budget plan' and I am getting out of this contract. CAVEAT EMPTOR.

Just Energy

Hello Kristina. We sincerely regret your experience and appreciate your feedback. We understand that a member of our customer service team was able to address and resolve your concerns. If there is anything else that we can do for you please email us at pr@justenergy.com. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I moved to the new address above and decided to try Just Energy. There was a switch hold on the address. Your CS Dept sent me a form. I filled it out and sent back the required paperwork within an hour of receiving it. I was told 48 hrs the hold would be removed. I called on Monday to find out my paperwork had never been processed. Now my lights will be off because the landlord is turning them off and I will have no electricity for up to 3 days because your company didn't do their job and process the paperwork.

Just Energy

Sandra, we're delighted to read your feedback about Just Energy! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the best value for our customers.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

Joining Just Energy was the best thing I have done in a while, no longer surprised to see my bill. Which was not the case before. I am on fixed income and now I can afford to not cut back on my food for the month. Thank you Just Energy for making this possible.

Just Energy

Samantha, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We're happy that you're enjoying your service and our rewards program!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

Customer service is great. Employees are always very friendly and helpful. Employees always make sure you have an understanding of what is going on. The reward program is great. I love that I can earn gift cards for places I love just for paying bills.

Just Energy

Hello Samantha, we’re happy to read your feedback about your service. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at the door.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

So I had the pleasure of talking with Alf and Mylz. They are two of the best door salesmen I've ever dealt with and actually took the time to listen to. Keep these guys because they knew their stuff even though it was Mylz's first day. He was AWESOME!

Factual basis uncertain

I found a better rate with another company. Did not like the underhanded way. I was told to add 1cent kwh to better the environment as it made me think it was not an additional cost to me. The new company did not promote the green energy at my expense.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Customer service was so knowledgeable and courteous and helped me. This was my first time I've ever had electric in my name. They explained everything to me. I would recommend them. I was very pleased with the price of the kilowatts.

Just Energy

Hello Jorge, we understand that one our customer service reps has spoken to you to address and resolve your concerns as well as provide further clarification. If there is anything else that we can do for you please email us at pr@justenergy.com. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I would like you to change the last name associate to my account because is wrong. The correct is **, and I like to let you know that when I sign up you never told me the end of the billing cycle, and you're charging me 2 days later. That's just doesn’t look right to me. I can't understand why is my billing cycle cut 2 days later and not 30 day later, or at least at the day 30 of the month. Anyway, it is what it is. I just feel that behaviour of you is not right.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The plan seems to be the perfect one for me living in an apartment. Everyone has been so helpful. I will be able to give a better opinion on the service itself once I have moved in and received a couple of bills. Then I will know if there are any unexpected additional charges. Fingers crossed that I have made the right choice.

Just Energy Company Profile