Con Ed

New York

Compare Utility Companies

Research top Utility Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought 4 air conditioners and applied for energy star rebates. Con Ed wrote asking for more information. They sent four letters with only the case number and no indication which unit was which. Worst of all, they gave a phone number to call. Three calls and always requested to leave my number for them to call me back. BUT THEY NEVER CALL BACK. That's all a scam to me.

Long story short I own 2 homes, one with an automatic outdoor Con Ed meter reader and the other without. The one without was hit with a giant bill after 1 year of estimates. They said they sent technicians to read my meter but no one was home. Yes because everyone is working to pay their bills. Tried to fight it and was basically told that my tenants and I just had to deal with it. My other house with the outdoor reader started to get estimated bills too so I called right away and was told that the technician noted that something was obstructing my outdoor reader. There was nothing there. Finally 4 months later I run into the technician because I took a day off and she tells me that the reason she can't read my outdoor meter is because she doesn't have the tool to read it. Con Ed only has a few and they are planning to phase out that technology so basically they don't read my meter unless they can come in.

I called Con Ed. They told me "Oh yeah this is true, not sure when the new auto readers will be implemented... maybe 1-2 years... don't know details, but you're going to have to pay the BALLOON bill." There's nothing she or a supervisor can do. They will not adjust my bill. How can a company treat customers (human beings) like this? This is GROSS negligence. There's a huge implementation that you are doing which affect thousands of people, but you do not communicate it properly internally with your staff or externally with your clients. What is the transition plan? Was it approved by the Commission? What were the steps you took to mitigate the risk for your clients? I mean this is Project planning 101 and to hold hardworking people responsible for your thoughtless planning and execution to me is terrible and they should be held responsible. So my question to all my Attorneys out there is does this qualify for a class action lawsuit?

Con Edison's meter readers knock on my door in the morning and leave a second after. I have only once been able to answer my door while they have been still standing there because they leave within seconds from knocking to read the meter. I always get this notice of an estimated bill and have called numerous times to Con Ed to let them know I am always home and run to the door but the meter readers leave before I can answer. I always wind up with an estimated bill and a notice that they had to estimate my power usage? I AM ALWAYS HERE WHEN THEY COME TO MY HOME! Today I got hit with this enormous bill because my power usage was estimated for the past 4 month! I called them to complain. They had no records of my calls when I complained about their workers and now they tell me it's my problem and I have to pay this huge bill that is essentially making up for their workers incompetence.

So the other day, my upstairs neighbor came to me and made me aware that he felt as though our meters were switched, which is bad, and he had a Con Ed representative come out and confirm that our meters were in fact switched. I was not there for this meeting or made aware of when it was. Now all of a sudden my bill went from $70-100 a month, which seems about right, or average compared to what I've always paid, but now I have a "past due" bill of the difference which is over $1,600... I understand that it isn't my upstairs neighbor's responsibility to pay this, and I would never want them to be accountable, but I certainly don't believe I am responsible for this absurd bill. I don't know how one's bill gets that high, as I have never paid more than $150 or $200 for super high electricity bills. How our bill was almost $600 for Aug 22-Sept 22, I am truly dumbfounded.

If I would have been aware of this issue, I would have been able to make changes (if that's even possible with bills this insane) to lower my monthly usage, but to try and charge me after the fact because they had been reading the wrong meter, somehow doesn't seem like my responsibility. I have always paid my bills on time, and to the best of my knowledge paid in full. I feel as though, if it is not Con Edison's responsibility, then it might be the electrician's who installed the meter, or possibly our landlord's?

Ok. I have been living in my house for 1 year now. The bill would come through and I would pay it. Now all of a sudden I owe 1 year worth of billing (800) and I have to pay this amount, because they never were able to ACTUALLY come to read the meter. I just found out that they needed to actually read it in order to get the bill right, and all this time, it was just an estimated guess of how much I was using, and now I have pay for all the electricity I have been using that they didn't estimate. OK I GET IT. But all this time, I had no issues with my bill. It would always say I paid the amount, and every month so on and so forth. So NOW 1 year later, I GOT DUPED! Now I'M BROKE. THANK YOU CON ED! On top of that, my recent bill actually stated I was in the NEGATIVE for 800 bucks. Go figure. I will get a lawyer for this one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Con Ed?

I just received a bill for a year's worth of electric service. For some reason Con Edison only sent me gas bills and never read the electric meter. Now I am expected to pay for an entire year of service within the next 3 weeks or pay penalties. Even the payment plan they offered is more double my usual bills and I will still need to stay current on my monthly electric bill as well.

Not sure why they read the meter on July 25, 2015 and never returned till July 2016 and never sent an electric bill in the interim. They sent gas bills and I never realized that the bill was simply for gas service. The first bill has a balance of 47.58 from service prior to July 24th and we moved in to a new house on August 1st. The back of that bill states actual meter reading on July 25th of 0. The front states a past due balance of 47.58 plus the bill from July 24-Sept 15 of another 511.36. Not sure what dates are covered by the first bill. Very frustrating process and all they could say is, "We're sorry."

So my mail carrier hasn't been putting my mail in my mailbox for some reason for the last 2 months. Eventually I found a pile of my mail outside my mailbox. I received a service turn off notice from Con Ed for only $126.57 dollars. A very small amount to owe in my opinion for 2 months. But Con Ed had the audacity to try and extort an extra 135.00 dollars from me or they will turn off my service. I find this downright despicable for Con Ed to be trying to extort this amount of money from a customer. How can you try to extort that amount of money from a person that doesn't even owe that amount. I'm sure this is a practice that is only implemented in low income neighborhoods.

For over a year, I was on their "Budget Billing", paying faithfully until I moved in March. After the move, they sent me a "Final Bill" of over $400, which was the actual balance since my budget payments were only a portion of the actual bill each month. Not having the money to pay or even start the deferred payment plan at that time, I ignored it and figured I'd get to it when finances allowed.

Since then, they've ADDED THAT BILL to my current account instead of leaving it on the old account number and now, I have a "Final Disconnection" notice, even though the amount is only this high due to the budget billing that THEY offer; how are you going to offer me something and then penalize me for accepting it?! I not only faithfully paid the BB amounts, but have paid all the Current Bills since I moved. It would be one thing if my balance was this high due to my negligence in paying or if they were willing to give me time to get started on the payment plan without threatening disconnection, but as a faithful payer for the last 18 months, at LEAST, this just doesn't make any sense!

I contacted Con Ed and locked in my pricing 2 months ago. Since then I have called back and they had no record of such event and relocked me approx 3 weeks ago. Today I got a call stating they had me a commercial service and offered me a higher private residence rate. I think they are scamming people with low tickler rates then calling back and raising them. Total thumbs down.

I chose this route to pay bills thinking it was faster but l was so wrong. The automated voice just cannot understand all voices. A simple "yes", I'm told "l don't get that". Saying out the account number still l get the same response. Tried almost 7 times calling until l got past it. The next nightmare was paying by checking account where they wanted routing number and account number. Why can't they simplify their system and accept debit/credit card payments!!! This leaves us not being able to make payments will on-the-go because we have to be equipped with routing numbers and bank account numbers. Please have a user-friendly system for consumers.

I just received a $4,081.29 bill in the mail to my surprise. Con Ed claims it is not an error but for over seven years they did not charge my account accurately and now I owe the above-listed amount? No notice or registered letter was ever received, no call, no email, or ring at the door but Con Ed claims they did not have access to accurate meter readings, no Con Ed representative or supervisor has helped me resolve this absurd issue! Please have someone contact me at ** or ** regarding this matter asap!

I have been charged several no access fees over the last year. This is a Con Ed scam that must stop. A class action suit must be filed to stop these fees of $100. I have video monitoring and Con Ed workers do not even attempt to ring the bell to enter the property. I have called them on this many times however they continue this scam of charging no access fees.

On February 18, 2016 my residence at above address was affected by a partial power outage. This is the third (3rd) time my residence was without power subject to this outage due to the manhole on the street. Con Ed is fully aware of this problem and they continue to sugar coat this problem, because it continues to occur, mainly to my residence and not other homes on this block. The technician from Con Ed says that the wiring from the street connected directly to my residence need to be replaced. The power outage affects the heating system in my house, so I have no heat when power is down.

I have written to them informing them of this problem and the spoilage of food in my refrigerator, no recovery was received. I am 66 years old and has been a customer of this company for over 38 years, making prompt payments on my bills. A technician did a temporary bridge so that I can receive power to my house. I had to call for an appointment so they can return to permanently repair the line, the date is March 21, 2016. I would appreciate if you would look into this matter so I would not have to be in the cold again. Thank you.

Since 2014, Con Ed has imposed a large amount on my parents' bill. My parents not having a clue why their bill all of a sudden increased to 1500. Con Ed couldn't give them a reason as to what had happened. They paid it off and then continued making payments which were deducted from their bank accounts and not credited to their bill. On February 25, 2016, I printed out all of the Con Ed bills and noticed that for 1125$ were charged to parents and never deducted from their Con Ed bill. After a couple of attempts in speaking with a manager the issues being disputed never got solved and my parents are still paying this bill for a mistake Con Ed made for not deducting the amounts. Even on some statements it states payment never made, meanwhile my parents have the receipt of making a payment. Can some please help me and my parents with this matter? I've even tried reaching out to Help Me Howard from wpix 11.

I have many frustration toward Con Edison. Since we installed the remote meter for gas (2 meters) and electricity (3 meters), everything messed up. First of all, it's a hazard to finally get someone to install those meter (you can read the history of my account, over 100 calls including non answering by Con Ed, 5 emails, 2 visits over the past 6 months).

Then since meter was installed 2 months ago, your guy still come to my house every month to read meter. I told the guy to update his map each time, but he said our address showed he still needed to read meter. Our gas meter will show estimated (the past 2 months). 2 floor electricity meter has no digit on the screen, I called few times, emailed the picture, but no one ever do anything.

2 floor electricity bill should be wrong since they claimed they also use electricity heat and bill should be more than $200 like last month, but this month showed less than $100 even he actually used more electricity this month. 2 floor gas meter showed only 21 therms as a total since installed, but you charged him more $200 this month. We called to complained, you guys never admit those mistake, and requested us to stay home all day for an appointment that we shouldn't have. Please contact me at ** to fix all those junk ASAP. I also attached this email to 311, BBB and ConsumerAffairs to show my frustration. Thank you.

I am so disgusted with Con Edison. They rob the people of the United States and are the biggest crooks. How is it possible that NYC allows this monopoly to go on? Delivery charges are twice the amount of the supply charges and then they have the audacity to charge a "monthly rate adjustment" surcharge because the weather wasn't what they predicted and because the PSC has limitations on the amount they can profit from their consumers so instead of cutting the people a break, they make up fake surcharges. That's a load of horse manure. We, the people have no say. There is nothing we can do but shut up and pay it or freeze to death.

I am infuriated by them and their bogus charges. Is there nothing we the people can do about this? Can we not fight for our rights to electric and gas without these ludicrous "delivery" charges that break the bank? They have made it to where it is nearly impossible to not use their services. Hot water, heat, electricity, stove, etc., they have the people by the throat. Pay or else... Sad enough, there is no other option and that is how they want to keep it. Want another supplier? Sure, no problem. Where do you think the supplier is getting their supply from? The illusion of choice fools many. If only I could boycott them, I so would but I need hot water and even if I wanted to heat my own water, I have to use the stove which runs on gas. Damned if you do, damned if you don't

If you value your wallet, go elsewhere with for your energy IF it is possible. Don't give your money to CON Ed, it is time to make THEM pay and the only way to do that is to boycott them. If you don't believe me, read their reviews. You will see how many unhappy customers there are out there. Consumer Affairs, investigate CON Ed's delivery charges and other bogus charges and you will see why all the outrage.

I have been paying Con Edison regularly as they billed. Yesterday I received a bill for over $1500 because they claim they inaccurately billed October and November so now they are lumping Sept., Oct., Nov. and Dec. together. No explanation as to why those meter readings were wrong and this one is right when no changes have been made to the meter. Also claims I used vastly more gas this onto than same time last year although this year NY is warm this month and last year it was cold. They just charge whatever they want and attach some bogus incoherent explanation and nobody stops them. This company is very poorly run and survives only because of its monopoly and the political class's unwillingness to hold it accountable. As a result the public is held hostage.

I am a senior citizen with a stellar record of payments. My home was sold in July 2011 and I rented in a 3 family in walking distance. I called Con Ed to open an account. I was assured it would be done without need to go to an office. I started getting bills for prior tenant and also shut off notices but I had no account so ignored. I then paid it to stop the notices and expected it would be credited to me when my account was opened. The prior tenant moved in April so it was also several months lapse from then to when I moved in.

Meanwhile landlady who does not live here or have a separate meter used electricity for painting and drilling and construction and showing apartment. The meter was last read in April. A new reading was not established when I moved in because I had no account. I got several bills sent here but for my old account number in my home where I no longer lived and that was October 2011 and November. So I paid July and October and November bills but still had no account here in my name.

I called and wrote and emailed but though it only takes a day to give me an account none was given. Finally my first bill came in February. It was same here in a one bedroom as my house with 4 stories, washer and dryer, and more lights and air conditioners. It was $50 -$65. After paying this for several months a bill for an additional $770 was sent. Apparently they claim a union strike occurred so the meter was not read and this was estimated bills I had paid not actual.

I protested that I paid the estimate and the actual could not possibly be 4 times higher in Winter. That means close to $200 a month whereas 40 years in big house the highest in Summer was $120 and rarely that. In addition they also sent $600 added amount a bit after the $770 for the time I had no account. This though included the months from April till August which was not my usage but landlady fixing apt. The service and delivery alone is ~ $25 and there was usage too. So though I paid every bill in full from February through August 2012, per billing I owed $1,300 more.

I filed a complaint to PSC but after that case was open they sent someone to shut off the electricity. I notified the Public Service Commission that I already paid 3 months that need be applied to my account and that one meter reading for six months is unfair as I need to see the monthly statements. But main concern was the out of range $770 bill. Con Ed verified that the meter was in order but they removed and replaced it "anyway". So they sent me a notice now after 4 years that a Marshal will tear out my newest meter. My blood pressure is skyrocketing from stress and I never had that medical condition before. And they added late fees and legal fees and now I owe $1,800 for that same period which I paid for.

The commission thinks I am the one at fault and I am disappointed in them as they added their weight to help Con Ed not me when this is outrageous. So what to do? I went to court but so far every case I saw was just given to Con Ed regardless. I don't owe this yet if I do not pay it they will allow me to be without electricity. We need a petition to stop this bullying and coercion to pay enormous absurd bills. Their management is uncaring and incompetent as I have now read similar complaints on this site and nothing is done and it continues to go on. This is theft not proper to not open bill and include usage not mine, and convert normal bills by claiming they were estimated. Smells fishy all around.

I just moved into a brand new building that's one year old, the first month there was a bill in my mailbox for over $4000.00. The bill was not in my name but it was my apartment number. I then call Con Ed to have NEW service turned on and told them about the bill. They said if it not in my name or my account, dont worry about it. Over the next couple of months case workers have tried many ways to get me to give up my account number, or to make copy of my bill. On the 12th of November 2015 they are having recertification. One on the documents that is needed by the management for recertification is my bill. I don't want to give up my Con Ed info, but if I don't I can be taken to court to have me evicted... HELP WHAT SHOULD I DO?

I moved into the apartment on September 1, 2015. Within the first month of me moving there I was receiving turn-off notices but I figured that they were mistaken due to me just moving in the apartment. By the second week in October my lights were turned off while I was out of town. When I came back I tried to get my lights turned back on. I had to send them different documentation to prove when I moved in and they accepted my documents and agreed that my bill should start from September 1, 2015. When I opened my bill on October 21, 2015 it was to my surprise that I had a $1,169.19 bill. I am lost and baffled by this situation. I can't be held responsible for a bill that I didn't accumulate. I will take this to court if necessary. I will not be misused by them or any other company that provides services that I need in this day and age.

Consolidated Edison underestimated my utility bills for 13 months and then sent a 'corrected' bill for $6333.00! The account has been open and active for more than 5 years. How can they start to underestimate an account usage after four years of service? I paid the amount each month on time. The corrected bill says I have to pay within 10 days or else incur a 1.6%/month interest charge. How is this even legal? If this was a new account I could understand but to underestimate electricity usage after four years is unacceptable and negligence on their part.

Well, I was billed 402.71. When called, apparently because they weren't able to access the meter for 3 months (not my fault), I was billed all at once now, in Sept. Makes sense, happy to pay what I owe. I paid an ESTIMATED bill the last 3 months, they deducted those payments and the full balance I "owe" is now $275.49. All the taxes fine, the electric I used fine, but this delivery fee of $164.81, what? I'm being billed for them doing their job and delivering me electricity, are you kidding me?

When I spoke to an agent, he was very nice and I was very angry but still understood what he was saying. He said because it's all been lumped together, that's why I'm not being billed for all 3 months, and that I've always been billed a "delivery charge". Amazing, I've been billed one every month and NOW it's 164/3 months, my delivery charge alone, without including the electricity I used, is $54.66 PER month for the last 3? My ENTIRE bill, pretty much every month since moving here, has been TOTAL between $30-40~!!!

I hate this company and am now seeking a way out of Con Ed's clutches where they basically have free reign on all their customers and can charge whatever the hell they like to as long as they put some bs explanation behind it. I'd like to say they're the worst company out there, but America is full of them! All the phone companies locking you into contracts and charging you for things that are "legal" even though they damn well shouldn't be! I'm going to look into alternative energy sources and all I have to say to Con Ed is F U!

Con Edison is charging me more now than the summers I was home all day and actually did use the AC. I have not turned on the AC once this summer because I am working full time and barely ever home, and when I go to sleep the fan is good enough for me. Can you explain to me how they are just sending me a bill that seems to be equal to as if I was using the AC? I have told them several times that their charges are wrong and they refuse to cooperate, claiming someone reads the meter for the apartments in my building monthly and that is what the charge comes out to. This is infuriating. Especially since we aren't even allowed to change providers. Isn't there anything we can do?

I believe Con Edison schemes to charge "No Access" fees of $100 each time by not adhering to or purposefully misstating its meter-reading appointments. Meter-reading appointment days are explicitly stated in writing by Con Edison at the top of each monthly bill. I make arrangements for Con Edison to have access to the meters on stated days by having a member of my household present that day. However, the meter reader seldom - if ever turns up - as scheduled.

Con Edison instead charges me $100 and claims its meter reader had no access. I have made numerous complaints over the phone about this practice. Customer service representatives have advised me to read my own meter and call it in. However, Con Edison is at liberty to reject these reading as they have done in this complaint and continue apply no access fees.

Most recently, the meter reader turned up on Saturday, August 21, 2015. The scheduled appointment was for Monday, August 24, 2015. We were at home on the 21st purely by chance. So far this year Con Edison has charged me no access fees 3 times. I was successful in getting only one of those charges reversed. I automatically pay my bill a set amount each month, paying a bit more than the average bill to account for variability. However, $100 "no access" fees have resulted in my account being in arrears.

Today I spoke with Supervisor Poveba who told me he will not authorize reversing any other no access charges because I have a history. He said my neighbors meter was read. When I explained the neighbor was retired and so always home, he said, "First you're saying Con Edison never turns up, now you have another complaint that they don't turn up that day." In other words being derisive of my complaints. As things stand, I have been instructed that the problem belongs to some other department and I will have to follow up with them.

Incredibly, I was also told by Con Edison that in July its legal department sent me notification of penalties for no access! I never received this notification, but requested it resent. With proof positive of Con Edisons bogus appointments, I intend to sue for ALL no access fees ever applied to my bill. I implore Consumer Affairs to investigate the company so that this egregious practice is stopped once and for all.

On the morning of July 28th (7:34 am) my boyfriend and I smelled gas in the hallway of our building. We went back into our apartment and verified that the smell was not evident in our apartment and that the stove was completely turned off. We immediately called Con Edison to report the odor and let them know it was coming from somewhere else other than our apartment but that it was a strong enough odor for concern. We let them know that we had left and were going to work, and that neither of us would be home. All of this was recorded in the report from the call we made in the morning.

When we returned home later that evening around 7pm, we could not gain access to our apartment. The key was turning in the lock and not actually catching the lock. When I shined my phone's flashlight onto the door we could tell that someone has used a crowbar like object to breach the door. The actual lock was still in place in the door jam and we could not get into the unit. Based on the appearance of the door and the broken state of the lock we had thought someone had robbed us. It was then that we had remembered our earlier phone call to call Con Ed to see if they had in fact done this to our door/lock. They were able to confirm that they did in fact gain access to our unit.

At that point we called an emergency locksmith to let us into the unit at which point he had to replace not only the lock but the entire mechanism in the door. The metal body of the lock mechanism had been completely cracked in the foundation of the door. This meant that the bolt was still in the lock position in the frame but we had no ability to unlock the door and gain access to the apartment. The door as well as the door frame are permanently damaged and will most likely need to be replaced as well. We paid out of pocket over $300 just to replace the cracked lock. This does not account for potential future costs to fix/replace the door and door frame.

When we finally got into the apartment we found a yellow door handle hanging tag on our kitchen table that said the Con Ed employee who had been in and our case number. We spent the remainder of the evening trying to get answers from anyone at Con Ed who could give us some answers. No one seemed to be able to tell us the circumstances under which the apartment was entered or if they even suspected the issue was coming from out unit. Additionally why no one else's apartment in the building was breached to check out where the smell was coming from. It appears that we were the only unit in the building affected by their visit even though we were the ones who called in the incident and clearly stated it was not coming from us.

Overall, we understand that in an emergency situation Con-Ed as well as the FDNY need to do what they think is best to prevent a problem. We also understand that they didn't want to take the time to ask for our permission to enter before doing so. However, I do not understand how we came home last night to the door in this state with absolutely no contact what-so-ever from Con Edison to us as customers or to the building management. We were completely locked out of our apartment with no explanation. There was no follow-up phone call to alert us to get home. We thought we were doing the right thing by reporting the incident and preventing a potential gas explosion, but instead we are left with big bills and no answers.

I have been very careful about my usage. I always unplug anything from phone chargers to coffee makers to computers or anything like that that I am not using and have no AC (just keep windows open for a nice natural breeze) and my lights are never on and when they are it's only room by room. When I leave a room, I always turn lights off and sometimes I watch TV with no light on at all. So I am confused about why my electric bill keeps going up. I complained several times and they keep saying it is me but it is not me. It simply doesn't make any sense. I am barely at home. I move around a lot for my job and my bill keep getting higher. I am so tired of this nonsense. I tried to switch to another provider and because I live in Manhattan, I can only use them. How angry I am, I let you imagine.... I have no choice. It's either overpaying or living with no electricity, what I may end up doing....... UNACCEPTABLE.

It's a joke that Con Edison is charging a delivery charge that is more than the usage of electricity in my home. How in the world can we the people let a corp take advantage of us? This should be against the law in my area. There's no other company I can use. They own the wiring. It's a take it or leave it situation and they're taking advantage of it. I understand that they laid down the ground work and should be paid for it but to charge more than the actual usage it's crazy. How can the government let them get away with that? Does anyone know how we can stop this???

On several occasions I have called in meter readings to ConEd and been told that the estimated readings were higher than the actual called in readings. The problem develops when I get the bill and it is higher than the estimated bill. When I call I get a wraparound story that questions my intelligence. I stopped paying one of my accounts and now I'm in court with them and they send me a notice that they're going to put the unpaid account balance onto the account that I'm paying. Is that legal? How can I have a court date and they can comingle 2 separate accounts?

Day 1: July 7th, 2015 @ approx. 1739 hrs., first phone call to the emergency dept. to Con Ed (800) 752 6633 was made in regarding to the flickering lights. The ticket was opened. No Con Ed workers showed up at or near the site of incident. The flickering lights continued to the next day. Day 2: July 8th, 2015, morning, cracking sounds were heard and sparkling were seen from the rusty electric box installed by Con Ed in the basement. The electric box was hot and overheated. 2nd and 3rd phone calls to the Con Ed emergency hotline were made at approx. 1530 hrs and 1630 hrs demanding immediate attention to the unsafe situation. Fire Dept. was called & firefighters were deployed.

Firefighters forced opened the electric box and found out the wiring in the box had been cool down already. The firefighters commented that Con Ed shall be contacted In order to prevent the potential fire hazard. No Con Ed workers showed up at or near the site of incident. More than 2 people at the site was waiting for the Con Ed workers to respond for the whole day, the door bell of the site was functional as well as both the contact phone numbers.

Day 3: July 9th 2015, approx. 1129 hr., Con Ed Representative contacted us that they will deploy Con Ed workers to the site before 1800 hr. More than 2 people at the site are waiting for the Con Ed workers to respond for the whole day, the door bell of the site is functional as well as both the contact phone numbers. As of 1700 hr., No Con Ed workers showed up at or near the site of incident. Issue: Con Ed did not take immediate action in regarding to the fire hazard from the electric box installed by Con Ed; instead, Con Ed is putting the residents' lives, the neighbors, and the properties at risk. The black rusty deteriorated electric box was installed by Con Ed.

One day my house lost most of its electricity, some outlets and some electricity still worked until finally it disappeared. After they temporarily "fixed" it, they had to come fix it again which made water massively leak through when it rained. I called them over and over and they replied "someone will call you in 1-2 days" which never happened. I called them at least once a week, and this was not the only problem, my A/C was not working because there wasn't enough electricity. So when the appointment was made and they came during that day, they said they wanted to reschedule after helping the neighbor first.

When they decided to do it today and started drilling a hole on the street it rained for a few minutes and they couldn't do it anymore. They said they will finish it next week Tuesday, and when I called they said they wouldn't do it on Tuesday. It is 90 degrees today without A/C, although it is not as bad as everyone else's problems. During the water leaks if it rained the whole night I wouldn't be able to sleep because I had to change buckets every minute, and the A/C is still not fixed even though they MADE the APPOINTment. They finished the neighbor's house and talked about not doing it that day for at least 2 hours.

Con Ed Company Profile