4.0/5 (126 ratings)

About Just Energy

Just Energy specializes in electricity and natural gas solutions, energy efficiency solutions and renewable energy options. It currently serves 20 markets across North America, including 11 U.S. states and six Canadian provinces. It offers green energy solutions for residential buildings and businesses and a variety of plans with different rates and contract lengths.

Pros

• Flexibility for commercial consumers
  • Personalized plans
  • Offers energy-saving solutions

Cons

• Only available in 11 states

Bottom Line

Just Energy offers long-term contracts for homes and businesses looking to reduce their carbon footprint and lower their energy bills. The company’s services are only available in 11 states, however.

Just Energy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just Energy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just Energy?

Original review: July 14, 2022

Just Energy was were doing a Sam's Club gift card for however much you spent. I've been with Just Energy for over a year and it seems to be working fine. Hopefully, they’re giving me the best price in deals.

Original review: July 13, 2022

There was a good presentation for Just Energy so I went with them. So far, I have had no interruption in service.

Original review: July 12, 2022

I've had service for gas with Just Energy for 15 years. I like the cost and the customer service. Overall, Just Energy is good.

Original review: July 11, 2022

So far, everything seems to be fine with Just Energy. There's an adjustment once a year and they went up a little. Also, I'm supposed to get a Sam's Club gift card if I keep Just Energy again. I signed up with Just Energy because they said it would be somehow better for the environment. The price has been fine compared to what I used to have. I'm satisfied.

Original review: July 5, 2022

Their reps are helpful. But I really can't understand what they're saying because they don't speak English. Every time I call, it's a barrier thing. But I'm satisfied with Just Energy. They're a good company. They stand by their word.

Original review: July 4, 2022

So far, it’s been a very good experience with Just Energy. The rate was locked in for several years and they gave out free gift cards. Their reps were courteous and knowledgeable too.

Original review: July 3, 2022

Just Energy was giving a deal where we got an $80 gift card to Sam's Club, and I like that they pay for my Sam's Club membership every year. As far as our monthly bill, they have a max cap on how high it can go. Overall, Just Energy has been pretty good.

Original review: July 2, 2022

I've never had problems with Just Energy. Everything's fine.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: July 1, 2022

Updated on 07/18/2022: I need to attach a copy of my 1st bill with Just Energy and my new bill $654.23. This bill went up from $415.26 last month to $654.23. I have answered all the emails from this company and now they are not responding! Nothing on my end has changed and I am on a fixed income and I don't know how I am going to pay this and they are not willing to call or fix this because their rates are so HIGH they CAN NOT FIX this! Buyer beware! Please know if you use them you will be sorry as they do not Tell the TRUTH! My next move is to call Sam's Corporate office to let them know and surely they will not ALLOW them in the SAMS's store going forward!

Original Review: When I signed up at a Sam's, I thought it was going to be great, but as Of May 22 even though I am in a Contract My bill has gone up over a Hundred dollars every month since April and my new bill is $508.88! Who can afford this. I am 68 years old and I can not. I called and ask them to send a person to check my meter. The women said she would and NOTHING! Do NOT USE THIS COMPANY. IT'S A SCAM! I am contacting SAM'S as well as I can't believe they would want their name associated with this kind of Company! I had asked if they used Center Point and they lied and said NO. Please beware before you sign up, they will screw you over!

Original review: July 1, 2022

I signed up with Just Energy to save money, and it's been good. Their process was so easy.

Original review: June 20, 2022

We switched over to Just Energy to get a better price. It was easy to sign up and the representative did a nice job.

Just Energy response

Hello Valerie, we appreciate your feedback regarding your experience. Customer experience is very important to us. Thanks.

Corporate & Consumer Relations

Original review: June 18, 2022

I got a piece of paper in the mail that said Just Energy was going to be the gas provider. They offered a gift card at that time, and I didn't have a lot of money, so the gift card was an incentive to me. However, I never got one from them.

Original review: June 3, 2022

I thought Just Energy would save me some money. Their services were a little cheaper and I enjoyed the experience with Just Energy.

Just Energy response

Hello Robert, we appreciate your feedback regarding your experience. Customer experience is very important to us. Thanks.

Corporate & Consumer Relations

Original review: May 24, 2022

I was supposed to be locked in at a certain rate and that wasn't true. If I could give Just Energy a 0, I’d give them a 0 because it's not right to trick somebody into getting on board, then after that, hiking up the rates without them knowing. I discontinued them, but it took me eight months to finally get ahold of someone because they kept on hanging up on me. It was a horrible experience, and I didn’t know what to do anymore. Also, I wanted to cancel, because I have a Tesla and I wanted to take advantage of the hourly plan that Comet, which is an electrical company, offers here. Now that I switched over to Comet, my bill’s super cheap compared to what I had with Just Energy.

Original review: May 22, 2022

Switching to Just Energy was okay and I haven't had any problems. Although, they told me that my payments would be cut and it's not that much.

Just Energy response

Hello Lois, we appreciate your feedback regarding your experience. Customer experience is very important to us. Thanks.

Corporate & Consumer Relations

Original review: May 11, 2022

I tried Just Energy for my electricity for a year and I didn't see what I thought should have been significant savings. Once a month, they tell me how much my bill hadn't gone up in comparison to my neighbors, if I used more or less or if my usage was average. I look at the bottom line and I went all the way back to ComEd, because my bill was higher with Just Energy. I don't have anything constantly using electricity, other than the refrigerator, but my bill went up. When I talked back with ComEd, it was an added $60 on for Just Energy that would not have been on my bill with just ComEd.

I was told that it was a certain period of time that the cost would not increase and that it would always be under what ComEd charges per kilowatt hour. What I didn't understand at the time and learned later is that Just Energy does not break up the monopoly for ComEd because you still have to come through ComEd. My bill still came from ComEd. Initially, I thought we were cutting out the middleman and it was going to lower my bill, but that's not what happened. The rate may be under what ComEd charges, but it's like one's gas. It's gotta have a way to get in, and it's got to come through ComEd's line, so I wasn't saving anything.

Original review: May 10, 2022

I'd recommend Just Energy. I inherited them and I've been with them. They're good, and the service hasn't been interrupted. I also have some stock in Just Energy. It is a good fit.

Hello Frank,

Corporate & Consumer Relations

Original review: May 9, 2022

Just Energy had that $50 flat charge for gas, so I went with them and everything's been fine.

Just Energy response

Hello June, we appreciate your feedback regarding your experience. Customer experience is very important to us. Thanks.

Corporate & Consumer Relations

Original review: May 7, 2022

I was given a gift card for signing up with Just Energy. Their customer service was nonexistent. I didn't make attempts to contact them but they also didn't message me or call me. I moved out of state and don't use their service anymore.

Just Energy response

Hello Aaron, we sincerely apologize about your experience with our service. We appreciate your feedback and would like to make things right. We have sent you a private message with contact information. Thank you

Original review: May 6, 2022

Everything is fine but I just never really noticed a difference with other providers I've had.

Just Energy response

Hello Terry, we appreciate your feedback regarding your experience. Customer experience is very important to us. Thanks.

Corporate & Consumer Relations

Original review: May 5, 2022

Their rates have stayed competitive. Also, they had the perks program. I was able to get some free energy-saving lightbulbs and things like that by accumulating points. But that went by the wayside and unfortunately, they don't have that anymore. Other than that, I've never had an issue with customer service. Their website is accessible and easy to navigate. The mailings we get as far as this explanation of the bills is broken down, so you can interpret everything quite easily.

Just Energy response

Hello Douglas, we appreciate your feedback regarding your experience. Customer experience is very important to us. Thanks.

Corporate & Consumer Relations

Original review: May 4, 2022

The rep was great.

Just Energy response

Hello Shery, we appreciate your feedback regarding your experience. Customer experience is very important to us. Thanks.

Corporate & Consumer Relations

Original review: May 3, 2022

I saw that Just Energy's rates were a little bit less than what ComEd was charging. I switched and have my electric with them. My power is still supplied by ComEd, except I don't play pay the ComEd rates. My bill is actually higher now as it went from $166 per month to 200. I assumed it was just inflation like everything else. It’s not just Just Energy’s fault. Other than that, my electric service is fine.

Just Energy response

Hello Jennifer, we appreciate your feedback regarding your experience. Customer experience is very important to us. Thanks.

Corporate & Consumer Relations

Original review: May 2, 2022

I was at Sam's Club one day when they were pushing for Just Energy and I signed up for it. They said I got a special rate and they send me a bill every month. The service is all right.

Just Energy response

Hello Leo, we appreciate your feedback regarding your experience. Customer experience is very important to us. Thanks.

Corporate & Consumer Relations

Original review: May 1, 2022

I wanted to get a cheaper rate on my bill so I did the electric with Just Energy. I've been with them for a while and I have more of a consistent rate. The rate really hasn't really changed much with them. The only thing is I know I have Just Energy but I haven't seen anything come through, like notifications, in a while. I had one mailer come through because they sent me the Sam's Club gift card which was $50. That was pretty awesome. After that, I almost forgot I had them until I looked at my bill the other day.

Just Energy response

Hello Tyjuan, we appreciate your feedback regarding your experience. Customer experience is very important to us. Thanks.

Corporate & Consumer Relations

Original review: April 30, 2022

I had Just Energy for about five years. You get your bill and it shows you the amount that you pay every month. It either stays the same or goes up. My service was set up where it was automatically renewed. I just changed over from Just Energy because I was told I would get a better deal and the price would be less.

Just Energy response

Hello Ann, we appreciate your feedback regarding your experience. Customer experience is very important to us. Thanks.

Corporate & Consumer Relations

Original review: April 29, 2022

I've been trying to cancel the service. Initially, they offered me a $50 gift card and they said that they would save me money on my BGE. But it ended up not saving me any money at all. It ended up costing me more than what I would have been paying anyway. Right now, my bill is $2,000 and some change. It will be half of that if I didn't have Just Energy. When I called to cancel it, they said they don’t guarantee that they were lower all of the time.

Just Energy response

Hello Shasia, we're sorry to hear about your recent experience. We have sent you a private message with additional information as we were unable to speak with you. Thank you

Original review: April 28, 2022

The reps from Just Energy were not too confusing with their explanation and if we didn’t want the service, they just said it was okay. They were not pushy.

Just Energy response

Hello Sanhosina, we appreciate your feedback regarding your experience. Customer experience is very important to us. Thanks.

Corporate & Consumer Relations

Original review: April 27, 2022

I signed up with Just Energy as there was a special going on in the store. They make electricity come through every month.

Just Energy response

Hello Nathaniel, we appreciate your feedback regarding your experience. Customer experience is very important to us. Thanks.

Corporate & Consumer Relations

Original review: April 26, 2022

Just Energy was better than what I was doing so I signed up and it's been a good four or five years that I've been with them. At the time, it seemed much cheaper. Now, I don't know if it's still cheaper or not. I never realized until one day I was sitting looking at my bill that I get a charge from FirstEnergy and I get another charge from Dominion. Other than that, their customer service was very nice. Also, Just Energy gives me a gift card to Sam's Club every year. Our bills were in my husband's name. I asked about having it changed but they don't change. They just added me to the account.

Just Energy response

Hello Jackie, we appreciate your feedback regarding your experience. Customer experience is very important to us. Thanks.

Just Energy Company Information