Call toll free
2.50/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Spark Energy provides electricity and natural gas to homes and businesses across the country. We strive to provide our customers with more than just competitive energy services, but also tips and tricks to save energy and lower monthly bills. Our customer service team is always ready to serve so you can focus on the things that are most important in your life.

635 Spark Energy Gas and Electricity Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I received a letter from Spark Energy saying my contract was about to expire. I called Spark and was told they no longer had my account. That it had been transferred to Verde Energy. I called Verde and was told they would not have my account until Sept. About a month later I got another letter from Spark saying my contract with Spark was about to expire on Aug. 2. I called Spark and was told that I did not have to do anything. That my rate would stay the same and my account would be transferred to Verde at my current rate. I called Verde in Sept. and was told that the account had been transferred as of Sept. 1 and my rate was the same as it had been with Spark. I got my bill for Aug. and my rate from Spark had doubled.

I called and they said my contract had ended on Aug. 2 and I had not renewed. I told them I had been told TWICE that I did not have to do anything because I was now a customer of Verde. Spark pulled a real fast one on me costing me more than $400. Spark refused to do anything saying that I had a contract with them and when I did not renew by the end date (even though I was being transferred to Verde in less than a month) and I had been told I did not have to do anything with Spark. This company gives false information to up rate and then blames you. I intend to take this matter up with the PA Public Utility Commission. Spark should not be allowed to do business in PA. I have read the posts on this site and see that they have done this to many other customers.

Get expert buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

We've been with Spark for over 11 years. Definitely a company to be avoided. We have always renewed our contract on time... until last month. We were 4 days past our contract date when we first made contact with customer service. Our bill was 3X our normal bill. First off, this was our fault. We received an email regarding the upcoming end of contract, and we failed to renew in time. So life happened, and our contract lapsed for 4 days in the 11 years that we've been with Spark. This 4 day lapse cost us over $300! We called customer service multiple times to see if they would be willing to help us out. We were told each time that there was nothing that they would do to retain us as a customer. We have never missed or been late on a bill. We switched providers after 11 years, and they don't care. Don't waste your time with this company. This appears to be a very common story on how Spark treats their customers.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

We are sorry to hear that we have lost your business. We'd like our Office of the President to review your account to see how we can assist; can you please email them at oopcx@sparkenergy.com? Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I have been a customer for six years. My Bill went from its regular rate about 150 a month to 692.00 the next month and then the next month was 535.77 dollars. Since I had it on autopay they were collecting their money. The customer service member said they sent mail, but I had never received it to renew my contracted rate. Since I didn't renew my contract with them, they had to charge me the higher rate. I asked their rep in July if I renewed my contract with them would they credit me the outrageous charges they charged for my last two bills & she said no. Melissa proceeded to advise me she could cancel my account if I'm not happy.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

Hello Kathleen, we would like the chance to review your account to see how we can turn this negative experience into a positive one. Can you please email our Office of the President at oopcx@sparkenergy.com with your account details? Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Melissa proceeded to advise me she could cancel my account if I'm not happy. I asked for a supervisor whom I spoke to Sade who agreed to credit me the higher charges for my next and final bill, but I would receive no further credits. I am actively looking for a new energy provider. Spark Energy only value the quick money they make on the variable rate change rather than the long-term relationship with the customer. And if you read the reviews, I clearly wasn't the first and most likely won't be the last. I would highly recommend choosing a different energy companies.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

Hello Kathleen, it appears that this review is a duplicate of one that we received earlier today. We would still like the chance to review your account to see how we can turn this negative experience into a positive one. Can you please email our Office of the President at oopcx@sparkenergy.com with your account details? Thank you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I was paying 7.32 cents/KWH and my plan was for 6 months. I never received a letter informing me that after six months the rate will be 13.95 cents/KWH. In other words... my bill came for double of I was paying. When I called customer service (by the way terrible customer service) they just said... "sorry we send you a letter and there is nothing we can do. If you want... go to the post office and find out what happened with the letter..." STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

We are sorry to hear that you didn't receive the letter that was mailed to you informing you about the upcoming fixed-rate plan and for the customer service you received. Our Office of the President would like to review your account; can you please email them at oopcx@sparkenergy.com? Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spark Energy Gas and Electricity?

Original review: July 25, 2018

Shame on me. Bait and switched by this outfit. STAY AWAY. After 1 year of decent pricing for electric service GOT CLOBBERED with a monthly bill THREE times higher than average. Their customer service is pitiful.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

We apologize for your recent experience. When a fixed-rate contract is about to expire, we send notices to remind our customers that it's time to renew or the account will continue at month-to-month variable pricing. We'd like to review your account to see what additional assistance can be offered. Can you please email our Office of the President at oopcx@sparkenergy.com? Thank you.

Resolution response: Aug. 4, 2018

The response on this site was the first explanation of what this bill for $100 might be for: an early termination fee. That would have been very helpful to have over a year ago. None of the bills or notices told what this was for...only that she owed $100. A little better communication with your costumers might avoid a lot of difficulties.

Original review: July 25, 2018

My elderly mother on a fixed income signed up with Spark Energy, thinking she could save some money. The charges were attached to her PG&E bill. She didn't save any money, because PG&E attached extra fees for delivering the gas. We cancelled her service, and thought we were done. A few months later we got a notice saying we still owed $100. It was a notice, not a bill. We never got a bill; it was never explained what this $100 was for, and it had not been included on the last PG&E bill with Spark Energy charges. Now, they have turned it over to a collections agency (GC Services LP) and we are getting letters from them. Spark Energy is either ripping people off, or is terrible at bookkeeping. Either way, it has caused my elderly mother a tremendous amount of anxiety, which is not good for her health. Avoid them or it will cost you!

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

We apologize for you and your mother's experience. It sounds like you received an early termination fee but we would need to review your account to verify. Can you please email our Office of the President for assistance at oopcx@sparkenergy.com? Thank you.

No response received
Original review: July 11, 2018

Your payment balloons, and take months to get off, you end up paying through PG&E, but then finally after thinking I was done after paying 4xs what I should have, I get a letter in the mail saying this is the final notice and my $14 balance is going to collections. I never received any previous bills or statements. It was supposed to be done through my other bill, this is a scam and I hope there's more class action lawsuits against this company cause I'm in.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

We are sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience. Typically there are several notices sent before the final notice or even calls made. If this didn't occur, we'd definitely like to investigate. Can you please email our Office of the President at oopcx@sparkenergy.com? Thank you.

Original review: July 9, 2018

We have been calling Spark Energy for the past 3 months trying to get them to cancel their service after learning that not only do they charge but our own electric company is also charging us for the same service. They seem to have no records of us calling and they tell us that it has been "taken care of" but then we're charged again the following month. The person on the line claimed that the number generated is not attached to our Electric companies account. These numbers are just randomly generated. We've had them for just over a year and they keep coming to our door to resign us but I refuse to have anything to do with this company. Why am I paying two companies for gas and why is it higher than my electric and gas company? If I see their bill again next month I am refusing to pay... Do not sign up with this company!!!

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

Thank you for your feedback. We'd like to review your account to confirm that the services have been cancelled. Can you please email our Office of the President at oopcx@sparkenergy.com?

No response received
Original review: June 12, 2018

Sounded like a good deal at first... but they fail to tell you the rates increase after a year if you don't re-sign with them. My gas rates went from about 100/month to over 300 a month! When I called they said they sent letters telling me I have to resign the 1 year contract (which I never received) and when I tried telling them I wanted to switch back to Peoples Gas, they made me wait an additional 3 months to transfer it over. My bills were auto payments and I was assuming the rate hike was due to the cold winters we had... but NO! It was the "surcharge" which was more than the dang bill! It taught me to look at all of my bills closer but also to never trust a third party like this one. Pure garbage!

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

We apologize for your experience and would like to clarify that the cancellation should take 1-2 billing cycles, not 3 months. We have also received and responded to your BBB review. Can you please email our Office of the President at oopcx@sparkenergy.com with your account details so they can review and assist? Thank you.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I have never in my life paid so much in my electricity bill as for the month of July, my electric bill this month is over $450.00!!! I have lived in this house for over 20 years and never paid that much light during any given month. I was switched over from my previous energy company to Spark Energy and you can bet I’m switching immediately! Is it even a legal company? Totally, in shock!!!

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

We are saddened to hear that you are wishing to switch away from Spark Energy. We'd like the chance to review your account and charges to see how we can assist. Please email our Office of the President at oopcx@sparkenergy.com with your account details so they can review. Thank you.

Original review: May 28, 2018

Spark Energy has been nothing short of a nightmare with hidden fees, unexplained charges on bills... all they do is threaten to file on your credit if you refuse to pay despite the fact they cannot prove monies are owed. Spark Energy does not profit off the sale of energy, they profit by EXTORTING their "customers"!! If you value your hard earned money DO NOT involve yourself in their underhanded practices. If you have been a victim of Spark Energy I heed you to file a complaint with the Regulatory Commission. I promise you are not the only one! They have a well-documented reputation for being scam artists and liars.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

We are sorry to hear that you have not had a great experience and would like to review your account to explain any charges that you are confused about. Can you please email our Office of the President at oopcx@sparkenergy.com with your account details so they can assist? Thank you.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: May 28, 2018

Unreasonable and rude conduct. Unprofessional service! Brought a CCJ against me for £2,000 for an old property I use to live at despite knowing where I lived and having my contact information. Turns out I only owed them £160!! Thank you Spark Energy 10/10. Avoid at all costs!

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

Hello Paula. We believe that you have left a review for the incorrect Spark Energy. We are located in Houston, Tx and have no affiliation with Spark Energy Ltd which is located in the UK. You may be able to contact them for resolution to your issues at customerservice@sparkenergy.co.uk. Thank you.

Original review: May 3, 2018

My father an older single man recently transferred his gas bill into his name as this is a new process for him. He is also on medication for epilepsy and mentally struggles with comprehending new processes. His home was approached by several "suppliers" as he disregarded all due to his wishes to only go through Peoples Gas. We never heard of Spark until we were advised by Peoples Gas they were on my dad's account as the supplier as their charges were more than his actual gas usage. When I contacted Spark they advised they would conduct an investigation into how my dad was signed up as he did not remember speaking to Spark only Peoples Gas. I was then advised there was a recording of my dad authorizing enrollment Spark.

The recording consist of a woman asking my dad all yes or no questions about him being the account holder for the gas utility. At one point he attempted to cut in to ask a question as he was cut off by another question. Clearly by his hesitation he did not understand the call or questions but, believing he was speaking with Peoples Gas he proceeded. They even asked for email information as he is not familiar with email either yet, they still proceeded as he was enrolling. My issue is there has to be some form of protection for disabled individuals attempting to gain independence without them being taken advantage of.

I have canceled the unwanted Spark account. However, my father is now stressed about how to pay a $800 gas bill when more than half the charges are from Spark and he is on a fixed income. The representatives appear to be more concerned gaining accounts than taking advantage of vulnerable disabled individuals. Hopefully Spark will change something in their policies to be more sensitive to such groups. I will advise everyone I know beware of Spark Energy!!

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

We apologize for your father's experience. We have received your email and will complete a full investigation. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to providing your father a resolution.

Original review: May 3, 2018

They solicited our mobile home park in May of 2017. I stupidly bought their lies that they were the wholesale company to our beloved PG&E in CA, and that my rates would be much cheaper if I went with them. Note in the dead of winter my combined bill might be around $125. I live within 700 sq ft., and on disability, so I thought maybe I could save a few bucks - WRONG! My gas bill alone was over $130! Then I call to cancel, and now they keep calling and harassing me! My contract was up until June, BUT because I made a request for a cheaper rate that I found on their website, it created a new contract now lasting until August 12! They Never sent me an updated contract reflecting this so I am LIVID!!! They should stay in their own state and leave the rest of our country alone. RIP OFF! DON'T FALL FOR IT - NOTHING BUT GRIEF AND FRUSTRATION!

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

We are sorry to hear that there were issues with signing up for a new contract when your original contract expired. We'd like to review your account to verify what occurred; can you please email our Office of the President at oopcx@sparkenergy.com with your account details? Thank you.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Shockingly unethical business practices! I was a Spark customer for both electric and gas, paid every bill in full and on time, ended my contract and went with another provider. Three months later, I received a "Final Notice" demanding payment of an amount totally unexplained and not related to any bill or invoice I ever received. It was the first I heard of any issue, but the notice included threats of collections and reporting to the credit bureaus to hurt my credit rating. I spoke to 4 different reps at Spark, none offering any process for dispute, just telling me I had to pay this unexplained amount. I eventually found out that Spark couldn't account for payment from People's Gas for a bill from 2 1/2 years ago.

So the bottom line - I paid all my bills. This is an issue between the 2 companies, but Spark goes after me, expecting payment without substantiating anything, puts the burden of proof on me, and immediately resorts to threats without even referring to the specific issue or providing any invoice! This is still unresolved. I would advise anyone to stay far away from this company! I've seen my very same issue repeated with other customers on some other review sites, so I'm suspecting there may be a pattern here. And Spark, before you recommend I email the Office of the President, I've already tried that. I'm waiting for a response.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

We sincerely apologize for the payment issue you have experienced. I'd like to confirm that our Office of the President has received your email and will provide you a response; however, I'd also like to advise that a resolution will ultimately be determined through our Regulatory department since a BBB complaint was submitted by you. You can expect to receive a resolution thru the BBB website. Thank you.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Some agents from Spark Energy came around our place doing door-to-door and Spark Energy was something new and different at that time. I've been with Spark Energy for a couple of months now and they are doing well. Everything maintains a rate, but it's getting cold now so I use a little more heat. I interacted with their reps when I first got involved with Spark and they were good, polite and courteous. They made sure I had their phone numbers and I can call to find out if I need any more information or any questions. While Spark Energy could try to keep a lower rate info for a longer period of time, I would tell others to go ahead and give them a try.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

Thank you for your positive review. We truly appreciate you giving Spark Energy the opportunity to be your supplier. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer service team if you have any questions about your current plan or charges.

Original review: April 12, 2018

So I made the HUGE mistake of allowing the door to door salesman talk me into using this company to help reduce my bill. He showed me how this would happen on his computer so it looked legitimate. My utility bills have been 30-50% higher all winter. I’ve never had bills this high. When I complained, they offered me a much lower rate. I think they should have offered that to begin with and am disgusted with that business practice. Canceling is a big pain in the butt too. Have to call them 1 day before my contract expires, then call PG&E to restart their gas service. If meter read date is before the cancellation date, then I’m stuck with their variable rates (god only knows how high those could be). Moral of this story... leave this company alone. Not worth the hassle.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our services. Please note that available fixed rates are subject to change so the price offered to you at the time of enrollment would be different than when you called in to cancel. Also there seems to be some inaccurate information in regards to the cancellation process. Can you please email our Office of the President so we can review your account and properly assist? The email address is oopcx@sparkenergy.com. Thank you.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I ordered electricity from Spark Energy in March 26 and they required a $150.00 deposit. I paid that and my electricity in my house was connected. Less than a month later on 4/11/2018 they contacted me and want another deposit. This time $200.00. This company is not good and I would not recommend them to anyone!

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

We apologize for your experience. We'd like to confirm that we have received a complaint from the PUCT and our Regulatory department will handle the resolution with the deposit request. Thank you.

Original review: March 20, 2018

This is a total RIP-OFF! You don't going to SAVE ANY MONEY with them, Attached is a picture of my billing of March last year and this year comparing I'm getting double charge because I'm using this companies that promote you that will save you money on your bill when they do is double charging. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! You guy don't deserve even one star and don't use this service. ALSO THEY GOT YOU ON A CONTRACT AND THE CANCELLATION FEE IS $100 BUCKS! PLEASE DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANIES!!!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: March 19, 2018

I moved to the property in January 2015. There is no meter readings given by estate agents Foxtons. They haven’t showed where is meter reader in the apartment. I was almost with Spark for only 4months. I paid them around 500£. Only 2 adults and 1 baby in the property. They wants me to pay more 609£. I have spoken to the customer service. They said they will talk to their manager and call back. For 2 years they haven’t call me back. Now they send me a letter from court to pay 609£. 4 months bill around 1000£ for 3 people. Please guys who read my message don’t choose Spark Energy. 100% fraud electric supplier.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

Hello, we believe that you have left a review in error. Spark Energy LLC is not affiliated with Spark Energy Ltd which is located in the UK. You may be able to contact them on their website: www.sparkenergy.co.uk

Original review: March 17, 2018

My electric bill in December soared to around $1000 from a normal electric bill of $500. By the time I finally got to move to a new supplier they raised my rate from .06 cents per KWH to .10 to .15. After all said and done they charged me more in three months than I have been charged for a year's worth of service. I disputed it but to no avail. They just told me, "Too bad." I have subsequently changed to a competitive supplier for .06 cents a KWH. Stay away from these folks. They will steal from you if they get the opportunity. I was just too stupid to trust them with my business. By the way, a one star is not where I would rate these guys. It should be zero stars. STAY AWAY.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

We are sorry to hear that your experience with Spark Energy didn't end on a positive note. Prior to a fixed rate contract expiring, we send notices to remind customers that of the contract expiration date and the choices they have. We'd like the chance to review your account to see if we can offer additional assistance. Please email us your account details to oopcx@sparkenergy.com. Thank you.

Original review: March 8, 2018

My 93 old father-in-law was being charged 3 times the amount for gas as I. My house is almost twice the size of his. I'm quite upset that this company took advantage of an elderly man. Stay away from this company!

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

We are sorry to hear of your father-in-law's experience. We'd like to take a look at his account to see what exactly occurred. Can you please email us with his account and contact information so we can discuss with him? Thank you.

Original review: March 8, 2018

One of the door to door salesman, Montez ** came knocking in an apartment complex uninvited and systematically started knocking on doors on each floor. When he got to mine, my wife answered and he threw his sales pitch. My wife asked if he was from Eversource as we had out meter inspected a week earlier by Eversource. He said he was and said that he can get up a discount on our energy. He asked for our billing statement and my wife, unfortunately gave it to him. He then wrote down his personal cell which was bogus. It was someone's cell phone in Ohio and then left a company number which does not go to an individual with no vmail.

I was however able to call the Spark Energy provider and had them immediately cancel this which they did. This sales puke took my bill with my name on it and opened an account without my permission. My wife is not even on the account. I'm not suggesting you don't save money or it's not good for people during these times. I don't know or care. This hack and their sales practices were unacceptable. I'll hopefully see Montez ** and educate him on integrity and common sense. Until then, don't fall for these scams and be aware of their lying to make a buck.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

We apologize for you and your wife's experience with the door to door sales person that visited your home. The actions you described are not tolerated at Spark Energy and we would like to complete a thorough investigation on the agent that visited your home. Can you please email us at oopcx@sparkenergy.com so we can discuss more details? Thank you.

Original review: March 4, 2018

A lady from called on the telephone to give some better deal on the electric. Spark offered a lower price than other people and this lady investigated that for us. We used to be with PP&L and it’s the same other than a lower price on the bill. The fixed rate option was chosen for us.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are glad to hear that it was a smooth transition and that you did receive a lower rate. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions about your charges or your current plan.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I have had a very good experience with the company that I use. Their rates are fair and the few times I have spoken to customer service they have been very helpful.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a positive review. We truly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to more years of service. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about your bill or current plans.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I’ve been with Spark Energy for eight months and it saved us some money. They had a lower rate over other providers and I got the fixed-rate energy product. I set it up online since our other company was about to expire, we just put in the information. And within a couple of days, it was set. The process was very easy.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

We are happy to hear that your transition to Spark Energy went smoothly and you are enjoying savings with the plan selected. Thank you for choosing us to service your energy needs.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

Just had the displeasure of dealing with this company today. Our gas bill should have only been in the range of $40 to $50 according to Nicor but because of these ** our bill was $267. It has never been that high before. I called them and told them that we never signed up but they swear that we did but the gas is in my girlfriend's name so I had her call and then they changed the story and claimed that I signed up for the program even though I am not approved on the Nicor account and not eligible to make changes. There are security measures and laws in place to protect consumers that are meant to prevent this very kind of thing from happening. So even if I had done that, if this company willingly let me do so they were knowingly breaking the law.

They claim to have my signature and a recording of me signing up for the program but if they have either of these things they are fraudulent because I never did any such thing so either they were duped by someone pretending to be me or they are straight up lying. I can tell you this right now though, there is no way in hell we are paying them a single cent more. We thought our gas bill was High because it was cold this month but nope. Turns out our gas bill was only $50 which is all we are willing to pay.

We already paid more than we should have you not knowing and if they try to charge us again next month since it won't be canceled until after though next meter reading then they have another thing coming. Because when we look at the bill we will see which part comes from Nicor and which part comes from Spark Energy and we will pay the part that comes from Nicor but completely ignore Spark Energy because we did not authorize this. So we do not owe them anything.

Our landlord lives right next door to us and said if they try to turn our gas off they will just switch it to their name and get it turned right back on for us and then they will go after them in court. They own the property that we live on and installed a new energy efficient furnace in our basement so we don't need a stupid company like this anyways to save us money because we already save money with the new furnace. Turns out we've been with these guys for over a year and didn't even know it and if we didn't authorize this that means they have been stealing from us for a year. And they are not getting another red Cent if anything they should be refunding us.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

We are very concerned with the details of your review and would like to thoroughly investigate. Can you please email our Office of the President at oopcx@sparkenergy.com? Thank you and we look forward to assisting.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I had the same experience as the guy from Arlington Heights. My gas bill was extremely high. When I called, they told me I did not respond to their letters regarding renewal, but I never got any such letter. They told me I would have to talk to Nicor, who referred me back to Spark Energy. I cancelled the day after receiving the huge bill. But have to wait for another billing cycle (or two) for the cancellation to go through. In the meantime, another extremely high bill just came. Their reps are absolutely no good at resolving the issues. Beware of this company.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

We apologize that you didn't have a positive experience with Spark. Although you were told that we properly noticed and no adjustments are warranted, we'd still like to review your account to see what can be offered. Can you please email us at oopcx@sparkenergy.com? Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I was on papowerswitch.com. and I switched to Spark Energy when I saw that they have a better and lower rate than my previous provider. I signed up online a few years ago, and all my bills and payments go through PP&L. Spark Energy’s services have been fine.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

Thank you for leaving us feedback regarding your experience with Spark Energy. We appreciate your business and hope to see a renewal at the end of your current contract.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Spark Energy was founded in 1999 and provides customers with electricity across the United States. The company is one of the pioneers in the retail energy business.

• Experience: Because the company was founded nearly 15 years ago, customers can enjoy the benefits of working with an experienced retail energy company.

• Pricing: Spark Energy has extremely competitive pricing compared to other suppliers in the area.

• Renewable: Spark Energy uses renewable energy sources, and they have an eco-friendly philosophy behind their business.

• Customer service: Spark Energy has no online chat customer service platform, and there can be long hold times that occur when calling the company.

• Sales tactics: Spark Energy employs an aggressive door-to-door sales tactic.

• Best for: Residential customers, small businesses, midsize and big businesses

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs