2. Homeowners
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.04/5

Spark Energy is a natural gas and electricity provider that offers discounted residential and business services in select states. By signing up with Spark Energy, you get access to fixed and variable rate plans, as well as green energy options. You can enroll online if you’re in the company’s service area.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity Call Now Toll Free (877) 346-0863 Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spark Energy Gas and Electricity?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spark Energy Gas and Electricity?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

I'm glad with Spark's service. I like the prices. I got a good rate. I used to have a different company that I feel like they rate me too much money. To me, Spark is the best. When somebody comes and offers me electricity, I tell them, “No, I got the best company. I'm okay with this company. I got the best price. I don't think you’re gonna give me this. Or maybe you’ll offer it to me for a couple of months, and then raise it up. And then the same story all the time." There are a lot of tricks on the system that people trick you. I never feel that on this company.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Spark Energy. We appreciate your kind words and your business.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

I had moved to Waco, from Killeen back in 2016. I Googled about a good energy service provider, Spark Energy popped up and I went with them and kept using them ever since. They have been really good to me. I used TXU and Reliant before and they were terrible. Those other companies, it's a nightmare just talking to an actual person. But Spark has been awesome. They're really quick on the phone. And they seem to have more of a provider to customer relationship that other companies don't have. That's what I really like about them. If you're looking to switch over or needed electric somewhere, I'd recommend Spark for sure.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

Wow, we deeply appreciate the feedback you have provided. We're honored to have a loyal customer like you. Thank you for your business and your recommendation!!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I'm in my second year with Spark. There was somebody knocking on everybody’s door in the apartment where I used to live, and that’s how I got with them. They said they were more for the senior citizens and the company that I was with that time was very high. A lot of older people was scared to make the change, but I had been with the previous company for a long time that I didn’t mind making a change if it was for my good. So, Spark is a good company and I like them. Customer service is very good. Also, my bill last month was 80 something and this month is 92. I love it. Matter of fact, I already got them a few customers as my daughter and a couple of my friends switched over.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate hearing how our customers feel so that we can understand every customer's needs. We are truly thankful that you have chosen Spark Energy to be your electric supplier and we are looking forward to providing your energy needs for many years to come.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

I've always chosen to go with the big, main company here, and then I looked into Spark and it was one of the lowest rates I was able to find. I've been doing a lot of energy efficiency for my home and one thing I like to do was look at my history to see what it was last year compared to this year and match up if it went up or if it went down. I wanted to see if it was really paying itself off. And ever since I switched to Spark, my bill has been a lot less. My last bill was only $74 and my house is four bedrooms, 2,200 square foot house, and to me that’s very reasonable. I recommended Spark to a lot of my family once I started seeing how low my bill has gone, it's just that they don’t wanna pay the high deposit. Nevertheless, I've been super happy with Spark.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

Wow, it sounds like you have done a great job at keeping your home energy efficient with a $74 bill for a huge home!! It's great to hear that you have also recommended our service to others. We appreciate your recommendations and your business. Thank you!!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Spark was awesome and I do want them instead of the provider that I have right now. Spark was reliable and they were really reasonable with the prices, but they’re not in the zip code. In the past, I was with them for less than a year. They got me the rates that I got. They were really nice and they tried to get me the best deal that I was looking for. I already told someone about them when I left. I told them, “Y’all need to switch to Spark ‘cause Spark is a whole better. They’ll work with you and they’re cheaper. So, you could afford your bill."

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

Thank you for your review. It's unfortunate that you aren't able to have our services any longer. We hope that if you change locations in the future, that you think of us when it's time to enroll for electric services.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I’ve been with Spark Energy for years and the service is good. I'm on a fixed plan that has a good rate and it stays at that.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

We're glad to hear that you have remained a loyal Spark Energy customer. Thank you for your business and your review.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

We looked who was available in our area and what the prices were and Spark Energy was the most competitive. We signed up online. Everything is going seamless.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

We truly appreciate your business and your feedback. Thank your for sharing your experience.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

I like that the team at Spark Energy speaks Spanish. I speak English, but not very well to understand all the words. I have many accounts with them and the only thing that I don't like is when I need to open a new account, I have to leave a deposit because I don't have a Social number. It isn't fair for me, but it's the policy of the company. That's okay. Anything else is good.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

Thank you for your business and for leaving your honest feedback regarding your experience. If you'd like to discuss any concerns or have questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

I was trying to Google energy providers for electricity for Houston, Texas. When I saw Spark, I had to go through their reviews. The reviews were good. It wasn’t hard to make a choice to go for Spark Energy. I signed up online. It wasn’t difficult. Since I've had Spark, the rates have dropped a little bit.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

We're glad that you made the easy decision to choose Spark Energy as your electric supplier. Thank you for your review and for your business.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

I've been with Spark and the cost has been more effective than the other one I had as far as the price for the service. I usually do everything online and it seems to be pretty easy. Working with Spark Energy has given me a few extra dollars to spend at other places. I'm a satisfied customer.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

We are glad to hear that your experience has been easy and cost-saving. Thank you for leaving us your feedback.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity author review by ConsumerAffairs

Spark Energy was founded in 1999 and provides customers with electricity across the United States. The company is one of the pioneers in the retail energy business.

• Experience: Because the company was founded nearly 15 years ago, customers can enjoy the benefits of working with an experienced retail energy company.

• Pricing: Spark Energy has extremely competitive pricing compared to other suppliers in the area.

• Renewable: Spark Energy uses renewable energy sources, and they have an eco-friendly philosophy behind their business.

• Customer service: Spark Energy has no online chat customer service platform, and there can be long hold times that occur when calling the company.

• Sales tactics: Spark Energy employs an aggressive door-to-door sales tactic.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team