2. Homeowners
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.25/5

Spark Energy is a natural gas and electricity provider that offers discounted residential and business services in select states. By signing up with Spark Energy, you get access to fixed and variable rate plans, as well as green energy options. You can enroll online if you’re in the company’s service area.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity Call Now Toll Free (877) 346-0863 Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spark Energy Gas and Electricity?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spark Energy Gas and Electricity?

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

I used to have somebody else and it was easier to navigate their website than Spark Energy. For some reason, I wasn't able to get into my account after trying multiple times. They would send an invoice to me for my email. Then the email stopped and so I was back on my payments. I had to sign up for automatic, which I still couldn't even get into the account. I spoke to one representative whenever I was setting up my payments. But it takes a long time to get on the phone with anybody. I work night shift. If it's 2:00 PM, it’s 2:00 AM for me. I’m not gonna be able to hold for an hour. I don't have time to wait on the phone forever.

Also, when I initially started, I was supposed to get a Spark $50 referral code from my dad but I never got that. My previous company gave me a $50 Visa and since I got it from my friend, they donated something to the food bank. So, it’s more of an incentive for me to join. Then I was supposed to get $50 credit or something from Spark since I got a referral, but I didn't know.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

We're sorry to hear of your issues with attempting to view your paperless bills and the hold time you experienced. Although calling in is the most popular option, we also have a Customer Care Email department that can assist with any concerns if you are not able to call during normal business hours. In order for you to gain online access, you must register and activate your online account. Additionally, a Refer-A-Friend ID must be provided at the time of enrollment for the referral credit. If you still need assistance with signing up for online access, please email us at officeofthepresident@sparkenergy.com. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

I used to have Spark Energy before. I got them online. I liked how simple it is. It’s direct. It’s automatic, and I don't hear anything from them the whole year. So, I like that. There was no interruption. Renewing the service is very simple, and I feel like it's a fair value compared to a lot of other companies.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

We're glad to hear that your experience has been so great. Thank you for your business and for leaving us a review.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

My time was up with my previous provider, and I checked rates mostly online. My previous supplier was cheaper, but not if I stayed with them. They had better new customer rates, but not with returning ones. So, I had to change and Spark Energy was the next cheapest. Signing up with them went so smoothly.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

We're sorry to hear that things didn't work out with your previous supplier but we are very grateful that you chose us to be your new energy supplier. Thank you for your feedback and for your business.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

I contacted customer service when I turned the service back on and they were great. I had no problems. However, I haven't received my newest bill.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Please be aware that you can always view your most recent invoices on our website by registering for online access. If you need assistance with resending an invoice, please don't hesitate to call us.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

My father-in-law referred me to Spark Energy. They made the signing up simple and everything has been great.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

We're happy to hear that you were referred by your family member. If you feel that you have received great service and would like to recommend us, you can receive a bill credit for each person that signs up. If you'd like more details on the Refer-a-Friend program, please call our Customer Service department.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

The Spark Energy customer service team was always great and I've used them for almost a year now.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We hope that you decide to renew your contract for another year.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I’ve been with Spark Energy for years and the service is good. I'm on a fixed plan that has a good rate and it stays at that.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

We're glad to hear that you have remained a loyal Spark Energy customer. Thank you for your business and your review.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

We looked who was available in our area and what the prices were and Spark Energy was the most competitive. We signed up online. Everything is going seamless.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

We truly appreciate your business and your feedback. Thank your for sharing your experience.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

I was trying to Google energy providers for electricity for Houston, Texas. When I saw Spark, I had to go through their reviews. The reviews were good. It wasn’t hard to make a choice to go for Spark Energy. I signed up online. It wasn’t difficult. Since I've had Spark, the rates have dropped a little bit.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

We're glad that you made the easy decision to choose Spark Energy as your electric supplier. Thank you for your review and for your business.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

I've been with Spark and the cost has been more effective than the other one I had as far as the price for the service. I usually do everything online and it seems to be pretty easy. Working with Spark Energy has given me a few extra dollars to spend at other places. I'm a satisfied customer.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity response

We are glad to hear that your experience has been easy and cost-saving. Thank you for leaving us your feedback.

Spark Energy Gas and Electricity Company Information