E-Z Pass

Overall Rating
1.6 out of 5

About E-Z Pass

E-Z Pass Reviews

ConsumerAffairs has collected 621 reviews and 271 ratings.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about E-Z Pass?
Customer Service

Reviewed Nov. 16, 2023

50 dollar fee for a 6 dollar toll, took 39 days to issue the violation and then 6 days to receive it based on the the postage stamps which left me 5 days to write a dispute because they only take paper disputes to whatever address. Try calling them and they say they are having phone issues and you will sit on hold all day hoping you give up and pay the fee, I have screenshots showing money in the account the vehicle added and the original postage stamps showing my 50 day window was effectively used up by EZPASS waiting to mail out the notice to collect their CEO's holiday bonus of $50 processing fee. EZPASS holds a monopoly on the toll system and I have no idea how it is illegal for the revenue this company makes the customer support system and websites should be immaculate but instead most of it barely works. BUT you guessed it! the payment system come hell or high water is always functioning.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Nov. 9, 2023

I talk with customer service there is no waiting time. Answering the all questions is very politely and good. The person name is Shad is very helpful. Last time I talk to my customer service I waiting 1:30 hour. That is the too much long time so I not recommend.

Thanks for your vote! Report

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Oct. 19, 2023

While going over the GWB I was charged for a truck rate [95.00] when I am only driving a regular car. This is the second time this has happened to me this year. How is this thieving company allowed to get away with this over and over. I am now fighting it but who knows how long that will actually take? Here we are in 2023 - Red light and Speed radar cams, Inflation, Higher gas prices, and now the IRS taking more taxes from from me every chance they get. Where and when does it end? Answer = NEVER. They will just keep robbing us...YOUR mileage will not vary.

Sales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed Sept. 8, 2023

EZ Pass NY is a rip off scam!!! Charging 50-100 fees for $5-10 tolls. I've been told by numerous representatives over the years that my ez pass is cleared and nothing is owed after running into random bill issues several times only to find out today that I have bills dated back to 2019 with fees on top of fees and some sent to collections. Claiming I owe thousands of dollars due to these fees!!!! This is absolutely insane. How do I owe dating back to 2019 when I've been told I'm clear several times. Not to mention these fee prices are straight up ROBBERY!!!! NY IS A SCAM! ROBBING OUR RESIDENTS AND PUTTING US IN DEBT. Sickening. Someone needs to do something about this.

Reviewed Aug. 29, 2023

Total ripppppp offf. I was forced to go through one of these dumb E-Z Pass metal thing because the road only had this option. There were no toll booths or anything to pay cash. I just paid 132 on a supposed violation for 2 tolls that were less than 5 bucks. I will NEVER willingly get this e-z pass crap. Stole my money for absolutely NOTHING. I work very hard for my little paychecks just to be ribbed by ez pass. Just awful!

Thanks for your vote! Report
    Rob increased rating by 2 stars.
    After a positive interaction with E-Z Pass, Rob increased their star rating.

Reviewed July 6, 2023

Updated on 07/15/2023: Easypass, iPass whatever name they go by have no clue what they are doing. They took $180 from my account, and cannot give me a reason. They kept me on the phone for 18 minutes, and the lady had no clue what she was doing. They told me it was sent to another department, but they won’t give me a phone number or email for that department? I think for the entire 18 minute call all she did was read notes from the other calls I have made. I asked for manager or someone else, but I still haven’t received a call back. I’m not the only one that’s had money pulled from their accounts for no reason.

Updated on 07/10/2023: I have not been refunded my $180, so I cannot say this has been resolved yet from my updated review from 7/6. Typical government agency, and they are telling me it could be months before I get my money back.

Original Review: Illinois E-ZPass is trying to take $160 out of my account from last year because they billed the wrong person, and want me to pay for it. Someone screws up, and wants me to pay the bill. They have given me no proof, and I have read where do this all the time to people. Do not use E-ZPass.

Staff

Reviewed March 12, 2023

We all had issue with EZ PASS but it seems like nobody is hearing us, what more we have to do as tax payers to be heard, but I guess as long everybody is getting paid our complaints are just noises to the ears.. EZ pass has been overcharging us for a long time and nobody is doing nothing about it. You only have 2 days to pay a toll or they will an extreme amount of fees. The port authority won't even give you a payment plan. They want all the money upfront, and you don’t get no warnings in the mail about them suspending your registration, totally unfair to the people and no one is hearing us out. That’s why voting in our local is very important to know who are those people we putting in power.

Staff

Reviewed Dec. 13, 2022

A thorough investigation needs to be done on E-Z pass and MDTA. Thousands of people are complaining but nobody cares. They’re stealing money, people are they’re charging $50 fees for 4-6 dollar tolls, charging you for a toll even though your transponder is in the window, sending out notices from 2020 in 2022… the list goes on. Please help!

Reviewed Oct. 20, 2022

E-Z PASS somehow added a license plate to my account by themselves. The plate is very similar to one I have which is still listed, but now there are 3 cars not the 2 I own. By the time I noticed this very active other toll user who I doubt even knows this is happening, E-Z PASS has charged me over $200.00 in fraudulent tolls. So I have 2 E-Z PASS tags. The car that is getting charged to my account has neither in it because I still have both.

How did E-Z PASS decide to add this other car with a similar but different plate to my account instead of sending them charges... Does E-Z PASS just choose a similar plate at random, and start charging that customer if there isn't a tag in that car? I did NOT make a mistake, and add this similar license plate to my account. These charges started happening very slowly 3 months ago so I didn't notice, and have ramped up to daily heavy tolls since. I have not logged onto E-Z Pass since well over 3 months ago.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Oct. 13, 2022

I travel regularly between Baltimore, MD and Delaware, so I have a commuter pass which has a reduced rate. I recently purchased a new vehicle and was unable to remove the mounting strips. However, I updated my info in my EZ account including the plate number and attempted to order more strips. In the meantime, I couldn't not drive my vehicle through the tolls. While waiting for the strips, EZ Pass charged me the full price of the tolls instead of the commuter rate. I thought no big deal...I'll call and they will make it right. NOPE!! Was basically told too bad, we can charge you more if the transponder is not mounted properly. Nasty customer representatives and absolute refusal to make any kind of adjustment. Sadly, I need to pass otherwise I would tell them to kick rocks and I would go with the competition!

E-Z Pass Company Information