1.04/5

Need a utility company?

New England

Need a utility company?

566 E-Z Pass Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 12, 2019

I recently went to Niagara Falls via I90 along Lake Erie. Upon entering NY I went through the E-Z Pass lane at the Ripley Toll Station and was told to call E-Z Pass... no number was provided and there was no one to ask for information. I continued on until I exited at the Hamburg Plaza, explained to the attendant at the toll facility and paid the appropriate toll. I had presence of mind to request a receipt. Knowing that there was a problem with my E-Z Pass transponder/Account I re-entered I90, took my ticket and exited at Lackawanna Plaza paying in cash. Three days later on my return trip I paid in cash at the Ripley Plaza upon leaving NY.

I am now in a dispute with the New York Authority and E-Z Pass for not paying the required tolls. I provided a letter of explanation and a copy of the receipt I was given at the Hamburg Plaza but E-Z Pass still believes that I did not pay two toll charges. Seems when you go through an E-Z Pass lane and pay cash (all the lanes are E-Z Pass) E-Z Pass still reads your transponder and attempts to charge your account... what a scam... I canceled my E-Z Pass account and will NEVER return to the state of New York.

Original review: July 7, 2019

I have several times now spent over an hour on the phone with customer service setting up my account with funds and replenishment authorization when the funds get below a certain threshold. There should be no problems. Still however, I continue to receive bills for unpaid tolls, both in MA and NH (this pass is supposed to cover both states) with no explanation as to why it keeps happening. If I miss the bill, I then get hit with a huge surcharge - currently I have at least $50 in surcharges for $1 worth of tolls that I now have to fight. I am finally returning this piece of junk. Absolutely horrible. Whomever handled the quality control aspect of this program has done a garbage job and the state of Massachusetts needs to find another method to efficiently collect tolls.

Get expert buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2019

Their communication with customers is absolutely terrible. The call center reps (and I've spoken to at-least 6 or 7 on many different occasions and topics) are all extremely nasty and unhelpful. Their online portal is never accurate, and none of my questions or concerns are resolved. Charges to your account are unexplained and they do not explain billing structures/cycles to their customers. I have now decided to cancel my E-Z Pass but yet I have not been provided the proper information. When I inquired online and the call center rep was as nasty as ever and unhelpful. I do not know who regulates or manages this company but they need to do a better job.

Original review: May 24, 2019

If I could give them 0 stars I would. I have not lived in the NE for 12 years. I have gotten letters from EZ Pass saying they need a new email address even though somehow they have my mailing address. If could upload a picture of the letter I would. It is dated 5/20/19. It says need a new email address but you can view account online. I finally called to say enough. (5/24/19).

The ever so wonderful CS rep said, "Your account is shut down for revocation and sent for collections on 5/22." I said, "What do you mean? I haven’t used it in 12 years." She said, "You didn’t send the transponders back." I said, "Haven’t had those in years." Mind you nowhere in the letter dated just 4 days ago does it say I owed money. NOWHERE!! I said, "I’ll pay it to be done with NJ forever." Said helpful individual said, "You have to for wait for collections." What?? I am so glad to be gone from that crooked state. No wonder people are leaving in droves.

Original review: May 19, 2019

Friday I was at the toll by Walter Whitman bridge going into Philly. I was then notified she didn't have any change. I had a $20 so I then give her change. She snatches it, pinched my finger, pushes the bridge button and as I'm going out it takes a picture of my plates and I still haven't received a response back from E-Z Pass or how I was to go further.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about E-Z Pass?

Original review: May 12, 2019

I cross the Holland tunnel every day with two other co-workers, this month alone I checked my bill and two times I was not credited the discounted amount for carpool. The workers fail to look at you when you say carpool and constantly fail to touch their screen so that the credit is applied. She was busy to watch her phone.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Threatening that "non-payment of this invoice (for toll) can result in non-renewal of your license & registration not ignore." 1. Customers cannot dispute charges over the telephone (unless the customer is a mind reader). When chatting with EZDriveMA service representative, he said "option #9 is not explicitly given by the automated system". 2. The moment I verified my address with the service representative, he typed "the plate in the toll image is not a match. I'll submit a toll dispute that should correct the toll and waive the fee". 3. Why wasn't it verified before being sent out. This is a money making SCAM. And 4. I have never been to Massachusetts.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I left the east coast many years ago and apparently forgot to close the account for my transponder. I only realized this when I got charge a renewal fee of $35. So for about 7 years they've collected annual fees for no service, but they would not refund the full amount when I called in to complain and close my account. This company is happy to take your money for nothing! Would it be that hard to update your system to send an e-mail to customers if they haven't passed through a toll collection site in 5 years? Answer: No.

Original review: March 26, 2019

My husband and I always pay when going through the tolls. And we always ask for a receipt. However a week or so later, we get citations in the mail saying that we just go on thru. We always have our receipts to prove that we paid. This system is a fraud and we've decided to now take it to court. This happens too often and we're tired of it!

Original review: March 25, 2019

I drove a friend to JFK from Orange County NY and picked her up as well. The Tappan Zee was under construction at that time. I’m so naive, I thought at first that the toll was waived because of the terrible conditions! When the bill came, I paid it late; then later, paid $10 in late fees ($5 each way). Months passed, and when I got yet another letter declaring unpaid fines, I sent a note with a copy of the check. Today, 2 years later, I’ve a collection letter for $60! Huh???

E-Z Pass Company Information