1.06/5

Need a utility company?

New England

529 E-Z Pass Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

On October 18th 2018 I place a call to EZ Pass NY regarding my account. I spoke to a representative named Vawn. She was very rude, unprofessional and unhelpful in resolving my issue. I then ask to be transferred to speak to a supervisor. I spoke to Miss **clerk number **. She was very uninviting, noncommunicative, unprofessional customer service agent. She did not help me solve my problem and she did not even attempt to try to help me solve my problem. Customer service was unsatisfactory, poor, and disgusting. The cause of being monitored and recorded so please follow up and review the recording.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I am a rideshare driver who uses the MA Pike regularly. I have a transponder solely for this job. I have been in a car rental program for 2 years where you have to turn your rental car in every 2 months and rent out another. Obviously the license plate changes. I returned a vehicle on 8/15 to the rental company and got another one for 2 months and use my transponder for the tolls. No problem right? Wrong. The rental agency rented out the returned vehicle to someone else and I was charged for their tolls over a two week period by the plate as well as my own tolls on the new rental. That person racked up almost $200 in toll fees. I went to the E-Z PASS office in Auburn, MA to dispute those charges. I was told then that it would take 60-90 days to get a credit.

A few weeks later $155 was taken from my account to fund my E-Z Pass account which made no sense. I told my wife this must be a mistake this must be the credit and they accidentally debited my account. Wrong. Back into the Auburn office and I’m told the E-Z Pass system does a 3 month audit on your account if they want to take out more money out of your account (without notifying you) they will.

So the 2 week period where the close to $200 in toll charges was rung up by someone else goes against my usage. While I’m at the Auburn office I ask if I can change out the cars myself online. I certainly don’t trust these folks. No problem right? Wrong. I’m not an idiot. I picked up my new rental yesterday(10/16/18) and changed out the cars logged in and out of the E-Z Pass account several times just to make sure it took and it did the new car is on the returned car is gone. I log back in this morning and the new car is gone and the old car (that I don’t have) is back on. So guaranteed they will blame me (operator error) so now it’s time to call.

I told the rep what happened and what I needed to do and that was made more difficult than it needed to be. Right now I have my fingers crossed but how can I trust these people? Oh, and I asked the rep about the credit she said that dispute was rejected. Really? Again, no notification at all. Their system is flawed, the way they handle their customers is pathetic, and their arrogance is overwhelming. Time to consult a lawyer.

Get expert buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I returned the E-Z Pass transponder (Mass) which was owned by my recently departed fiancé. I received documentation that they are now going to charge me for it because it was defaced. This is a total lie. They said there is glue on it, black marks and it's dirty. This transponder is about five years old and in no way was defaced. I've asked to speak with a supervisor and get nowhere. I've faxed in the required documents twice about his death and they said they didn't get them. Then they keep asking to speak with my fiancé. He's deceased... how many time do I have to repeat this? I suggest getting the E-Z Pass from another state. If you ever have to return yours to MA, take pictures.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I was recently on a trip crossing through DE. I unknowingly got on the highway without cash, no debit card to withdraw money from so I had to make the decision to go through the tolls and explain the lack of money. I stopped at the GATED tolls, I was in no way trying to sneak through the E-Z Pass lane and hope they didn't see me. I got a bill in the mail for $54 including an administrative fee and two fees going to DE state funds (I'm not a DE resident).

I called trying to explain the situation with no help, only a snarky lady on the phone. I've accidentally made this mistake before with complete understanding from the E-Z Pass representative or just sending me the fee only for the toll. This is ridiculous. How can one instance I just get the toll fee, the next I get the fee plus $50? I has heard such awful things about E-Z Pass I feel like I have no choice but to just pay it. Great reputation E-Z Pass, nobody even wants to bother with you, you've been SO AWFUL.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

It is apparent that E-Z Pass does everything in its power to collect administrative fees and preys on its customers in order to make millions of dollars off their backs. For example, they will shut off your automated billing, just to close your account, for you to incur fees and then you will have to pay to re-establish your account. If you do not pay, they will send your account to collections with large administrative fees. For a 5.70 toll balance I was charge a $40 administrative fee. That's 7-8 times the amount of my toll! WTF is going on here?! Customer service is freakin' joke - I feel sorry for anyone having to work for this parasitic company. ** E-Z Pass!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about E-Z Pass?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

E-Z Pass should need to update their system. I have been trying to log in but to no avail. The customer service is very poor as well. I waiting almost 20 minutes and that almost an hour talking, waiting, talking, waiting again and again to the CS representative who seems does not know what he is doing! You cannot enter your account that is despite you are using your exact password and username.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I received a ticket from NJ E-Z Pass, for unpaid toll ticket. Since I am an account holder, I logged in to my account and disputed the charge online. While I was taking care of this ticket, I found 4 other old ones, that I never received notice on. I tried to dispute them at the same time, but it wouldn't allow me to do so because they were old and had been sent to collection. I called customer service and I was advised that my Total due for the tolls was less than $10, by adding up the 4 tickets. However, because they were now in collections I had to pay $204 (due to administrative fees). Are you serious? I am an account holder, in good standing. Had I known about the tickets, I would have disputed and paid only the Toll amount. It is absurd to try to collect over $200, when the total for the tolls is around $10 only. This is extortion!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

There is no reason I should have to add $70 to my account every time I want to add a little to my account (2 responders $35 each). I already have nearly $30 on the account but I just want to add a little more for an upcoming trip. Does PA Turnpike need to hold $100 of my money. If they are using my money to fund other ventures I should have the choice and right to choose if I want to add that kind of money onto my account, not be forced to add that kind of money. Both transponders dip from the same place anyways. I SHOULD NOT BE FORCED TO HAVE $100 ON MY ACCOUNT!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I am not understanding why E-Z Pass & Pay By Plate are 2 separate things. My cc needed to change due to the bank cancelling it for fraudulent charges & my E-Z Pass needed the new #'s. During this time I had a $3.00 toll. I then rec'd a bill in the mail, but from Pay By Plate. Not knowing they are separate things I updated my card and made a deposit. Well, little did I know one does not transfer over to the other. Essentially I just pd $35.00 for that $3.00 toll and to have my registration unmarked as non-renewable. Why in the WORLD is this so confusing? All the while there was $ on my E-Z Pass acct. Very, very confusing and nonsense.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

What is going on with their Automatic Replenishment Amounts? This reminds me of my time living in Communist Cuba. If I want to put $25 dollars as an automatic replenishment amount, why in the world these people need to go ahead and impose a $255 dollars replenishment amount? Why force clients to such high amounts??? This is tyrannical. This is shameless. I am the one who decides how much my automatic replenishment will be, not the government! This is unsettling.

E-Z Pass Company Information