1.02/5

Need a utility company?

New England

Need a utility company?

E-Z Pass Reviews

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I will start this by saying live in Delaware. I have not visited NY in a few years. In Mid-June i purchased a car. In July 9 was issued my permanent license plate. In the beginning of August I started receiving NY E-Z Pass citations. As soon as I received the first one I called them. It was clear in the picture that the Ford SUV was not my Honda CRV and there was an EZ Pass number listed in the car (I don't have an EZ Pass). The nice gentleman advised me I do not have to do anything. He was taking care of it. So the citations continue to flow into my mailbox. I have it about two weeks and decided to fax my registration, driver's license, and a photo of my license plate on my car(along with all) of the notices (including collections threats). The citations continued.

A week later I called again, I was advised that the man I had initially talked to didn't do what he should have to start a dispute/investigation. I was advised that the bill would be sent collections even though it was in dispute. She seemed to disregard the fact that am the innocent party here and kept insisting that I have to get my plates changed (she was aware that won't resolve these tickets). I was also advised they can't check into the non-NY EZ Pass that was in the vehicle! Yesterday I received a letter acknowledging the dispute, but I am required to pay over $300 in rolls and a $1050 administrative fee. My next move will have to be to get a lawyer or a politician involved.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I was double billed on 2 tags so they sent me a return bag for one of the tags. Sent it back and they said they never received it. Since then I have contacted them twice times and each time they "stated" they will mail out a return envelope for my other tag. I was trying to return it since I was moving to Arizona. So, they ship me 2 NEW tags to Arizona. Now I have 3 tags that I don't use. They won't let me close my account until I send them back. SO I contact them another FOUR times to get 3 return envelopes.

After 3 months...still nothing. They also would not close my account unless I write a "detailed letter to close my account and why". After speaking with a supervisor last week, she stated she sent out 1 envelope but I can only put one device in each envelope.... At this point I am DONE. I just used my prepaid balance and paid an additional $16.00 (16 for each tag) and closed my account. This is fraud in my opinion. I received a final notice that I was going to be charged if I didn't send them back too. So, let's not send out return envelopes and force customers to pay for tags. Just another reason why I moved out of New York. I HATE NY!

Get expert buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

You can Never get a live person. Twice I have called and after being in hold for over 30 minutes I Hang up. They send me a letter saying my card on file is no good but I can never get them to fix the problem.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I needed to register car in NH - Exeter Townhall said I needed to pay off tolls for MA. 1600$. All '18 - why did I let it go so long - I wasn't worried about the bill at all. When I let it go last year I paid like 150 bucks for everything. BUT that was when fee wasn't a 25$ "Administration" fee. Because it's so hard to calculate a bill on a computer, And in 2019 they changed the fee amount so they retro activated it just for me. Nice huh.

I had to leave a voicemail at a certain number to pay this off, Mind you I had to register my car. They didn't call me back same day. Meanwhile the registration is locked and on HOLD. That's fair representation right? Maybe for MA. I would have thought NH would have protected me, since now I can't get to work. Nor can I go to the market. I have 2 kids and my wife. And I can't do anything about it. They never called me back. I am helpless to fight against these people because they are holding my registration HOSTAGE. I feel GUT punched from this amount.

I think it's disgusting and it's unfair fining. I thought we were protected against that sort of thing. It's too much. But since it's the MA damn bureaucracy - well guess that's why I moved to NH, which isn't far enough away with their unholy alliance they have. I will endeavor in the future to NEVER pass another toll again. And I'm in the right spot to do it. I will never have another bill from E-Z Pass nor will I ever advocate for them in any way. Some guy in MA - owed them 10K - His lawmaker did nothing to help him - typical. MA News calls it "The PITFALLS of E-Z Pass. Typical MSM it's disgusting. It's excessive. And it hurts people. When bureaucracy gets this way - it needs to be voted away.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Let me start by saying I'm giving it 1 star because I have to! But It would have 0 stars if I could. I have had Ez-Pass since 2011 a total of 8yrs wow, think they would speak to a paying customer with some respect right? NOPE WRONG!! The customer service representatives are TERRIBLE! I called a total of 1x before and 3x on 07/16/19, there was an issue with my Pass where it wasn't reading, the 1st time I attempted which was not on 07/16/19 to fix it the girl I spoken to told me she couldn't help me because I didn't have my tag number on hand and I had no tag number associated with my account, BUT you can take a monthly payment with no issue.

1st time I called on 07/16/19 a female answered the phone. Her name wasn't clear at all. I told her the issue. She asked me for my tag number. I then told her I can provide it but I was told my account doesn't have a tag number, so then she states, "OKay like I said give me your tag number." I gave her the number then she stated, "I don't know where your getting your information from but I have an account here for you so I don't know what to tell you what is your issue." I then said, "Excuse me." She took a deep breath and then she said it again now with more of an attitude. I then told her she needed better training and disconnected the call.

2nd time I called I received a representative by the name of Charles. I already knew the information they needed so I provided it to him. Tried to explain the issue. Charles then cut me off in the middle of me explaining my issue to tell me that I have a negative balance, which I already know. I then asked Charles to let me speak so I can explain. Again he interrupts me to ask me how will I be paying. Now I'm already upset from my last call, I then told Charles can you let me speak. Mr. Charles then decided to say, "Well can you even afford this bill!!"

NOW I'm extremely pissed. I ask for his supervisor. He clearly said, "Well that won't help you anyways and there is no supervisor at this time so you have to wait 24-48 hrs." I said, "That's great. I still want a supervisor." He proceeded to say, "But can you afford this bill since you want a supervisor," and proceeded to laugh. I repeated again, "I want a supervisor. So have one call me. I will wait 72hr if I have to but you need to be reported" and disconnected the call. I figured he wasn't going to put the request in and I still had an issue so I called back!

3rd time I called I spoken to a female and FINALLY I was able to get my issue resolved! It took a total of 4 different calls and 3 different representatives to get nothing done. EZ-Pass should be ashamed of the people they have hired to represent this company. They have poor manners, terrible customer service skills and utterly disrespectful! I'm still waiting for the supervisor to contact me!!! Needless to say I will cut my services from this company, I rather wait in line then be spoken to like I'm trash!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about E-Z Pass?

Original review: July 12, 2019

I recently went to Niagara Falls via I90 along Lake Erie. Upon entering NY I went through the E-Z Pass lane at the Ripley Toll Station and was told to call E-Z Pass... no number was provided and there was no one to ask for information. I continued on until I exited at the Hamburg Plaza, explained to the attendant at the toll facility and paid the appropriate toll. I had presence of mind to request a receipt. Knowing that there was a problem with my E-Z Pass transponder/Account I re-entered I90, took my ticket and exited at Lackawanna Plaza paying in cash. Three days later on my return trip I paid in cash at the Ripley Plaza upon leaving NY.

I am now in a dispute with the New York Authority and E-Z Pass for not paying the required tolls. I provided a letter of explanation and a copy of the receipt I was given at the Hamburg Plaza but E-Z Pass still believes that I did not pay two toll charges. Seems when you go through an E-Z Pass lane and pay cash (all the lanes are E-Z Pass) E-Z Pass still reads your transponder and attempts to charge your account... what a scam... I canceled my E-Z Pass account and will NEVER return to the state of New York.

Original review: July 7, 2019

I have several times now spent over an hour on the phone with customer service setting up my account with funds and replenishment authorization when the funds get below a certain threshold. There should be no problems. Still however, I continue to receive bills for unpaid tolls, both in MA and NH (this pass is supposed to cover both states) with no explanation as to why it keeps happening. If I miss the bill, I then get hit with a huge surcharge - currently I have at least $50 in surcharges for $1 worth of tolls that I now have to fight. I am finally returning this piece of junk. Absolutely horrible. Whomever handled the quality control aspect of this program has done a garbage job and the state of Massachusetts needs to find another method to efficiently collect tolls.

Original review: June 12, 2019

Their communication with customers is absolutely terrible. The call center reps (and I've spoken to at-least 6 or 7 on many different occasions and topics) are all extremely nasty and unhelpful. Their online portal is never accurate, and none of my questions or concerns are resolved. Charges to your account are unexplained and they do not explain billing structures/cycles to their customers. I have now decided to cancel my E-Z Pass but yet I have not been provided the proper information. When I inquired online and the call center rep was as nasty as ever and unhelpful. I do not know who regulates or manages this company but they need to do a better job.

Original review: May 24, 2019

If I could give them 0 stars I would. I have not lived in the NE for 12 years. I have gotten letters from EZ Pass saying they need a new email address even though somehow they have my mailing address. If could upload a picture of the letter I would. It is dated 5/20/19. It says need a new email address but you can view account online. I finally called to say enough. (5/24/19).

The ever so wonderful CS rep said, "Your account is shut down for revocation and sent for collections on 5/22." I said, "What do you mean? I haven’t used it in 12 years." She said, "You didn’t send the transponders back." I said, "Haven’t had those in years." Mind you nowhere in the letter dated just 4 days ago does it say I owed money. NOWHERE!! I said, "I’ll pay it to be done with NJ forever." Said helpful individual said, "You have to for wait for collections." What?? I am so glad to be gone from that crooked state. No wonder people are leaving in droves.

Original review: May 19, 2019

Friday I was at the toll by Walter Whitman bridge going into Philly. I was then notified she didn't have any change. I had a $20 so I then give her change. She snatches it, pinched my finger, pushes the bridge button and as I'm going out it takes a picture of my plates and I still haven't received a response back from E-Z Pass or how I was to go further.

E-Z Pass Company Information