2. Homeowners

New England

3.9/5 (280 ratings)

About E-Z Pass

E-Z Pass Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about E-Z Pass?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about E-Z Pass?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

Every interaction you have with E-Z Pass is unpleasant. God forbid you should even need to close your account. It may takes HOURS of your time. I sent in my device and paid off my bill months ago and I'm still getting charged. In Hell, all services are run by E-Z Pass.

Original review: May 19, 2021

If I could give zero stars I would. I spoke with Kaity - employee # ** . They made a mistake and sent me multiple wrong devices and are forcing me to pay for shipping to return them when it was their error. Kaity said – “We know it’s our error but you need to pay for it.” After being terrible in customer service on the phone and speaking to me like I’m garbage. When I tried to discuss the issue she wouldn’t have it and hung up on me. She should be fired instantly.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 19, 2021

I continue to receive fees for E-Z pass tolls because someone stole my motorcycle plate and went on a little tour. I have submitted police reports MULTIPLE TIMES, as requested. The last time, I submitted all requested documentation via registered mail. Still, no change from E-Z pass. What seems to be an obvious indication that E-Z Pass is mishandling this issue is that the fees at some point went to a collection agency, then, after I submitted docs to the collection agency, the collection letters stopped coming from the agency, but then later I started again receiving them from directly from E-Z pass. As if it were a brand new claim. So I guess we're back to square 1. No amount of mailed-in correspondence, phone calls, or emails has changed anything. E-Z pass is a big, headless scam. No one is listening. Their sole move is to just keep attempting to flog you with fraudulent charges until you pay.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

E-Z Pass Virginia has denied my claims of charges made against my account at various toll booths in New Jersey. The plate I had registered in EZ Pass was for a motorcycle that I haven't ridden this winter, yet daily charges are made two states away in New Jersey. I had to subpoena the New Jersey EZ Pass for the photos of the violation but EZ Pass Virginia still denied my claim without ever relinquishing the photos. I see several other comments here with similar experiences of toll charges from New Jersey. I am going to pursue a class action lawsuit if I can get other EZ Pass users with similar experiences. I've canceled my EZ Pass accounts.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

EZ Pass has been tremendously out of hand, I had a family member in Montefiore Hospital for over 2 months. Crossing the tolls gets expensive within time front and back from Bronx to Queens daily. I have been paying tolls and cleared out my balance to find out that I have 20+ violations in total of close to $3000 dollars that apparently is in a collection agency meanwhile my ezpass account is clean and clear.

I spoke to an agent which had me pay $67 to cover my balance and discharge the tag account. I still have a balance and mail keeps on coming through MTA and due to its in collection the agency is telling me they are the only ones that can resolve the matter. This is not right. Offered me $1060 to pay one shot and get out of this mess. Unacceptable.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

Received invoice violation for unpaid tolls 6 months after travels. Called E-Z Pass to waive administration fees due to my transponder has a positive balance and unsure why tolls didn't go through. Informed that their NH systems don't make mistakes and should contact MA systems where my E-Z pass was bought from 3 years back. E-Z Pass NH continued that they did not get money from my EZ-Pass MA account. Called E-Z Pass MA and explained the situation but received the same scripted response. They informed me their system doesn't make mistakes either.

I asked for records or any proof that EZ Pass NH tried to pull money from EZ Pass MA, but they told me that isn't something they can provide... So how do they know it didn't work? Lastly, I asked what else I can do since I'm playing the middle man between these two EZ Pass divisions, they said pay the fee or call email the DOT, but the lady said they won't be able to do much. $200 on top of only $4 tolls for a single trip. Wish there was an alternative.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

It claims if you pay within 7 days, you don't have to pay a processing fee.... yet it never comes up within 7 days!!!! It's happened many times.... have not heard from anyone and I keep sending emails.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

Called Ez Pass Massachusetts to report charges on my account. Nasty man told me that my car apparently went through tolls in NJ and Delaware. Really❓ My car is sitting in my garage in NH. He would not refund my account. Horrible person on the phone. I’m ended up canceling the account. Avoid Massachusetts Ez Pass‼️

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I have had this account for years but I have never been able to log in. Apparently I have my password wrong, but I can't reset it because I don't have the account number because THEY HAVE NEVER EVER SENT ME A STATEMENT. I have no idea what my account number is and you need it to change your password. Last time this happened I called and got through and made this same complaint, but they still do not send me statements either online or through the mail, and now it is impossible to get them on the phone. I sold my car and cannot cancel the transponder, and there is absolutely no way to get ahold of them. No phone, no email; they claim there is a "chat" on their website but I'll be darned if I can find it. They are useless. I wish I knew who to complain to.

Original review: July 24, 2020

Called EZpass New York customer service this afternoon was on hold for over a hour so I could figure out my ezpass since I need to replace it since I was in accident and it flew off my windshield during impact. They actually hung up on me as soon as they answered. I waited on hold over a hour. Worst customer service ever. Tell me what do I do about my ezpass.

E-Z Pass Company Information