New England

2.1/5 (793 ratings)

About E-Z Pass

E-Z Pass Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about E-Z Pass?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about E-Z Pass?

Original review: April 1, 2022

We received toll violation on our NJ travel, but we paid all these toll fees with cash payments. Unfortunately, we were not able to keep our receipts...Accordingly, I called the CS number and waited forever before someone finally answered my call...I described the situation with them and told them about the incident...They told me to produce the receipt...I told them that I do not have the receipts anymore and they just told me they could not exempt my bill without the receipt...

And so I asked them, "How are we able to pay in the toll booth?" - it should have also been run through automation coz as soon as you reach the booth, the balance appears from your entry point to the gate you are exiting, thus, the amount which should consequentially record the plate number, since it measures the entry and the exit points, thus your toll due...She told me that they are not keeping any of that record - that is so spurious considering that there is an audit/accounting of all payments vs records of plate numbers, etc. (unless they do not report it properly)...And yet I was told that there was no such thing..Further, I was told that there is not a facility to pay cash as it is an EZ pass toll system - again a blatant lie as I was able to pay on the toll gate exits with cash payments.

Worst, I called them back as they have a promotion that says it can reduce my bill if I convert it to EZPass NY...I waited for more than an hour for a representative...When I finally got hold of one, I was just told that they could not help with my inquiry as it is handed by different department...While I was explaining she was just blabbering that she will transfer me, which she automatically and rudely did and I just heard a voice system that I have to wait for more than an hour - for just as simple question. This is how they defined their 'efficiency' - worst...But you cannot go away with that system, for those plying the route...It's really a shame and it 'worst' of its kind.

Original review: March 28, 2022

I have been sent falsified toll violation notices from New Jersey and Maryland. I was traveling from New York to Memphis on 9/1/2021. I paid at these toll booths. I remember going through the toll booth in New Jersey. After I paid, I was asked if I wanted a receipt and I declined. I received a bill for a violation anyway. This indicates that the individual collecting the toll intentionally falsified a violation.

I called NJ EZ Pass and explained this to the representative on the phone. I told her that it was a fraudulent violation perpetrated by the individual in the toll booth upon learning that I didn't want my receipt. I was cordial and explained that I remembered paying because I assured him that I didn't want a receipt. I explained that I wanted to pay the fraudulent fine anyway because I didn't want to go through a lot of red tape. She insisted that they investigate against my protests. This was another form of extortion because all she did was send my information to a collection agency. Upon receiving the collection notice, I paid anyway. Now 6 months later, I am receiving another EZ Pass toll violation from Maryland. Apparently EZ Pass knows I will pay my fines so they are extorting as much as they can from me. Maryland and New Jersey EZ Pass are extorting money from travelers.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 26, 2022

This is the worst company I deal with. I opened my account in 2020 and I put $25 and today which is 03/2022. I call them to explain to me what's going on with my money because I never travel nowhere. I didn't go anywhere and I have only $1.76 so please guess before you get your E-Z Pass. Make sure you on the right position because they even when you call them you take too long to answer your call and and however.

Original review: March 21, 2022

This is one of the worst companies out there. I use EZ Pass more than the average person (rideshare). I also use it when traveling. They have no competitors in DMV area allowing them to charge $50 on tolls if they want on express lanes. There is no low balance notice and if you have 2 cars registered and go below $20 you get charged $70. I have to watch my account like a hawk and have to keep adding money every week to prevent the $70 charge which is critical for me financially. If there were a competitor I would likely use them though I strongly feel that companies of this sort are severely unregulated and badly managed.

I will never forget when a truck obstructed my views and made me go into the wrong exit that was immediately after a toll. The toll was immediately before a exit that splits in two. I had to pay an additional toll to go back in a very confusing New Jersey turnpike. They made no effort to refund or credit me when I called to complain. If I had the time and money to spend I would bring them to court. Over the location for tolls on the turnpike. They are very quick to charge but slow to assist the customer with issues and I know they will not make any significant effort to prevent bad reviews or to improve their already poor rating.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

I received a Toll violation notice in the mail, it show that I went through lane 41 at the Newark Delaware toll plaza, they are saying that is an E-Z Pass only lane. I don't have ezpass, so I went to a cash lane and paid the toll with a person. I have read other reviews of people who said the same thing. This is very shady to me and get more questionable by the other reviews I have read.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

Don't trust this company. They do whatever that they can do to trick you and stole your money. Don't trust this company. I certify that this review is based on my own experience and is my genuine opinion of this business, and that I have no personal or business relationship with this organization.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

Can't log into account of the website. Can't get anyone at customer service on the phone, extremely long hold times and eventually they hung up. Trying to get payment updates. EZ Pass experience has always been terrible.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

These thieves photograph your license plate for passing through a toll, and the next time you hear from them you receive an envelope in ORANGE stating VIOLATION NOTICE. When you open it up, it's a bill for the toll you owed PLUS a $50.00 late fee because they didn't receive payment by an arbitrary deadline when there was no original invoice issued! This has happened to me SEVERAL TIMES with this company. To rectify, they wanted me to sign up for a transponder, which is not practical for me because I travel through their tolls infrequently, but I did it to get them off my back. What a racket. This company should be investigated by Congress and dismantled!!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

Had trouble signing on to see my account. Called customer service. Was on hold for 21 minutes. Finally person who answered the phone was so incredibly rude I was taken aback. She talked so fast and I couldn't hear her since she was possibly on speaker phone. When I asked her to slow down she acted like I physically hurt her and she started talking deliberately slow. I explained I was on hold for a very long time because she was ready to hang up with no offer to help me. She was able to look me up by my phone number. She should have asked me that to begin with. The result is I have $33 balance and after the call was over I was finally able to sign on. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. SHE WAS MAD THAT I CALLED!!!! I hope I never have to call again! I wrote every single detail of my account down in a book I keep in my purse!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

Every interaction you have with E-Z Pass is unpleasant. God forbid you should even need to close your account. It may takes HOURS of your time. I sent in my device and paid off my bill months ago and I'm still getting charged. In Hell, all services are run by E-Z Pass.

E-Z Pass Company Information