E-Z Pass

• 2%
  • 0%
  • 93%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about E-Z Pass?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about E-Z Pass?
    Sales & Marketing

Reviewed June 6, 2024

There should be an option for 0 stars. Like other people reporting here, this company is a scam. They auto change your recharge amount and then auto charge your account without your confirmation and they do not allow customer control. They now say it takes 30 days to get my money back. This should be illegal.

Customer Service

Reviewed May 28, 2024

I waited 14 to 22 minutes for an answer each of the 8-9 times I called E Z p n y to update my card info. Every call was terminated as a female voice began to speak. My rate is $70 per hour so you owe me $175. Please send my check to the address you have on file. My card is blocked,,, tyvm.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPriceOnline & App

Reviewed May 24, 2024

Fee Scam. Just impossible to cancel and charges exorbitant fees for non sense. You can only cancel by phone (and extremely long waits) or mail. I moved out of NJ and attempted to cancel it multiple times. I sent through their website to request closure and got nothing. I got on the phone with them and just get put on hold forever. And it just keep charging me fees over the years. I can't believe this is a legal business.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 11, 2024

So I called to pay for my bill four times and after waiting 30 minutes each time, someone would answer the phone with gangster rap playing in the background and talking to each other, but can’t take care of the customer that’s calling. You want me to pay my bill but you can't talk to me when the call goes through. I would pay over the phone, but I already paid and you guys are now trying to charge me again plus a late fee, which is not gonna happen, sorry.

Staff

Reviewed May 8, 2024

My toll account is set to replenish automatically and has not had a problem in 10 years. It had a glitch and stopped charging me for tolls for about a month (but the screen still said GO). I received 20 violations in the mail which is how I found out it was not working. It took an hour to speak to each supervisor and they all told me different ways to resolve it (none of their ways worked). So now they want me to pay $600 for $20 of tolls.

Price

Reviewed May 1, 2024

E-z pass replenished their account and took $160 dollars from me, for future tolls, without warning and upped my threshold for my card to be charged, when account gets below $40 dollars, from $25. Just randomly filled their/my, account up, how much they wanted, for the future tolls. How they know I was using the highway this month? I needed that money for food. So based on how many tolls I used last month, they determined, this what they were gonna take, for future tolls. This is robbery. The fact that I have to agree to autopay, just to use my card once. The other alternative, is to mail a check or money order, just to put money on it, is unheard of. They just took my money. Money I didn't owe them. Just to replenish for next month. This is legal? Then they upped my threshold, again to $80 dollars, so if I get below 80 dollars, then they charge my account another $160. I'm not even driving right now.

You think I can afford to sit $160 in ezpass? Until I get to use it? If I drop below $80, ezpass charge another $160, making it $240 dollars sitting in a ezpass account. Just take and hold my money, randomly. I never been a toll evader, but this right here is diabolical, and makes me think about it. I unhooked my card. I can't afford ezpass, to randomly pre-pay themselves, while randomly changing thresholds, this is crazy, my account don't work like that. Do I look like Warren Buffet?

Customer Service

Reviewed April 29, 2024

I am utterly dismayed and deeply frustrated by the outrageous ordeal I am enduring. My attempts to renew my work car registration have been thwarted by an inexplicable and exasperating obstacle: an EZPassMA due. How can this be justified? A staggering $8,462.80 is demanded of me annually, with nearly $6,000.00 attributed solely to EZPassMA fees. I have not utilized my work vehicle on a daily basis, yet EZPassMA’s customer service adamantly insists on extracting this exorbitant sum from me. As a survivor of domestic violence, I am already burdened with overwhelming challenges, and I simply do not possess such a substantial amount of money. I am at a loss as to what course of action to take.

Reviewed April 28, 2024

EZPass is ripping everyone off. They are purposely not associating toll fares with user accounts with transponders on their vehicles. They then mail the toll bill + "penalties" + "admin fee". Usually 10x the actual toll when YOU DID NOTHING WRONG. The design of the mailing is intended to scare people to just pay without question. THIS IS A SCAM. EZPass should be investigated, contracts closed with governments and their leaders indicted!

Sean

Amen!!

Customer ServiceEase of Use

Reviewed April 28, 2024

EZPass is horrible. Horrible billing and payment methods, horrible customer service, horrible website... All around, it just sucks, and I wish there was another option. I recently was billed $60 for a $9 toll because my account didn't auto replenish for some random reason. Now I can't even contest the toll and they are making it extremely difficult to use my pass now. I loath EZpass and hope that another service becomes available.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed April 23, 2024

NY EZ Pass is understaffed, has no follow through, and doesn't communicate. I was charged a $9 toll, because the transponder, on NY EZ Pass side didn't read mine. I disputed it, but was told to pay the bill in the meantime so I wouldn't accumulate late fees, because Customer Service didn't know how long it would take the dispute to be resolved. Apparently never! It has been 2 months, no one has contacted me. I have had to contact them Every time, follow up, and sit on hold for Amazing amounts of time. Every time I have called, I have spent the majority of time on hold, with phone calls lasting 30 minutes, 45 mins., or even an hour!! I have hung up various times because I could no longer sit on hold or I got tired of sitting on hold, yet again!!!

It got to the point that one of the Customer Service reps. tried to tell me that the toll itself costs $7 whether you have EZ Pass or not!!! Huh??!! Found out the dispute dept. has determined it "resolved" because they can't credit my account and recommend I make sure my account is up to date moving forward. What??!! I don't have a NY EZ Pass, I have a MA EZ Pass, like I had clearly stated, several times, from the start. And my MA EZ Pass account Is up to date. So send a check! And this isn't about the amount, it's the frustration with the lack of communication, follow through, and logic! They obviously have my mailing address since they sent me the bill by mail. So why can't they send me a check and actually resolve the issue??!!

E-Z Pass Company Information