1.06/5

Need a utility company?

New England

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

548 E-Z Pass Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I am going through the difficult time trying to set up my account to be paid automatically from my checking account. 3 girl from customer service were confused and could not process it. I was on the phone with the supervisor Janet. She asked me to FAX my bank info to her, as she could not get it on the phone either. I did fax it. Fax was not working, I called back, another 15-20 minutes on the phone without saying anything she transferred me to another supervisor, she's telling me fax is out of service and asking me to fax on a different line. I am asking her to be on the phone when fax get through, she is saying it's not possible as it's another side of the building, she takes my phone number and promised to call me back. The fax she gave me turns to be a phone line, I am calling back. Very unprofessional and incompetent, hope management could train and replace some staff members in order to function effectively.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I contacted customer service 18003338655 around 7:20am to be educated on why automated system was provide a minimum amount due higher than my last transaction 1 week ago. Also why I received multiple violations in mail although I used the E-Z Pass. CSR Sharma was tone was very condescending. After providing my option I ask if I can make payment of 177.00 she repeatedly repeated herself without directly answering my question. Finally when ask if the answer was yes or no she transferred me to make a one time payment but did not lower threshold as she stated she would. I had to speak with a 2nd CSR Debbie around 7:33am who very helpful. In total I spent 30 minutes unnecessarily had the CSR listen and was not so bent on telling me what she wanted me to do.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I live in FL (it is nice and warm today) but in August I was on my way to NH and had to pass through MA. The MA E-Z system does not accept my FL E-Z system. How convenient. And not having an option to pay cash, as there are no toll booths, I have to Pay-By-Plate. OK, so I'll pay my 50 cent toll when I get back home and find it in the mail. Oh no, no, no. The bill comes in the mail before I back to FL. Guess what, I have a LATE FEE because I didn't rush right back home to pay my "E-Z" toll. After numerous phone calls and playing a lot of solitaire while on hold I cave to the Massachusetts Socialist Republic and wind up paying $5.60 for a 50 cent toll. Fool me once shame on me, but you'll never fool me twice. Next trip I'll go by way of NY, VT, NH.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I had E-Z Pass for years leaving in NJ-NJ Metro area. Initially I have used NJ E-Z Pass, but starting doing a lot of trips from NY to NJ and instead paying full price. I took NY E-Z Pass, so could save some money, because holding NJ E-Z Pass, paying full price coming out of NY. I drove the company car and used my E-Z Pass until I returned the vehicle back to the company and moved out. Last week on Saturday at 1 a.m. I received email regarding replenishment to my account and I had a concern, why??? I have my transponder with me and I am in Florida now and cannot use E-Z Pass down here. I went online and what a surprise, looks like I am going thru Tolls everywhere in NJ and NY, and I am not... I tried to call right away, and there is no answer till Monday's operation time. So I went online and submitted my message.

It is almost 6 days and no respond whatsoever. Then I had to call to my credit card to bring up my concern. Then I tried to go back to website and could not sign on anymore. So I had to wait till Monday to speak physically with someone alive. Monday the office was closed for Holiday observance. What a life... Then on Tuesday morning at 7 am I finally spoke with agent who helped me out to get sign on again, but there were no solution except I owe them the money, period. Spoke to supervisor, who told me the same story. Another words, go screw yourself. I took my credit card account out of the site. On the activity report shows the Plate number going thru tolls, but nobody cares who was driving the car, they made me appointed to the only ONE, who is going to pay for that fearless leader driving that damn car thru tolls without transponder.

I do not have that car since I left the company, since March of this year and whoever assumed the car is the one who is driving and should responsible. I called today again and the answer was: "YOU ARE THE ONE," like singing the song to me. This is being the most disgusting experience, where you are 100% right, but the company is really telling you that you are wrong. And instead of going thru records to find via DMV, whose plate and the vehicle belong to, easy to point to the previous driver and steal his money out his account. Perhaps I should call the Police and file the report and not wait anymore for someone else who not only not paying the tolls, but could hit someone or even worse, and the one will be responsible, like these folks from E-Z Pass singing to me.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I drove my boss to work, we used her E-Z Pass transponder. Now 2 weeks later I received a toll violation, because her account was negative. My now former boss says, it is my problem. E-Z Pass customer service is refusing to collect and bill the E-Z Pass holder and now charges the driver the toll. This is not right, it is her account and if there are insufficient funds in the account, sent her the bill, since I provided name and address.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about E-Z Pass?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I recently drove from South Carolina to Massachusetts. During my drive on I95 I noticed the E-Z Pass signs and signs for “No cash” payments. I called E-Z Pass while driving and gave the representative my license #, plate # and email address. They said I’d simply get a bill. I then explained that I was driving from South Carolina through all the states to Massachusetts and is there anything else I need to do. They said “no” and that I “Should be fine.” I am now learning how complicated the toll systems are. However I was an unsuspecting motorist that had NO IDEA how the tolls work. We have no tolls in South Carolina. And I assure you that I had no interest in violating a toll. I have paid the toll amounts and have asked that the administrative fees be removed. The Delaware E-Z Pass refuses.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I have received so many bills while my account is up to date. Now I recently have been sent to collections for a bill of $759. On top of that, they have me owing them near $2200.00. When I called once the representative put me on hold and never came back. I then called back and the pre-recorded line said it was after hours. Just pitiful!!! What a sham!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Today I received a letter from collection agency again because of E-Z Pass. I have paid all bills and my account balance of tolls by mail for the car has been zero for more than half of a year. About one month ago, E-Z Pass asked me to pay $31 which dated back in Mar 2017. I paid $1 and mailed my account information to dispute the $31. As usual they conveniently ignored my account information and transferred the $30 left to a collection agency. In addition to the current issue, about one year ago, I asked for refund of $500 twice because it was my bank’s fault. I never asked my bank to credit back the $56 in Sep 2017 which I paid E-Z Pass in Aug of 2017. Because of it, I was charged penalty of $500 (the penalty is simply outrageous for $56). After I found the issue, I immediately told my bank and my bank reversed the mistake and charged my credit card $56 in Nov. 2017.

I filed appeal for the $500 penalty to E-Z Pass on Dec 1, 2017. I checked my account after a while and found the balance was still $556 without any change. I called E-Z Pass and my credit card company numerous times and the answers were: Bank paid the amount of $56; E-Z Pass did not receive it. E-Z Pass also told me they did not receive the appeal letter even I told them I had the USPS tracking number. Soon later they transferred the $500 penalty to a collection agency. In the end I have to mail $56 check to E-Z Pass with the appeal letter. I paid $500 with my credit card in January 2018 and intended to deal with the $500 issue later. Up to now, I did not receive any response from E-Z Pass for my appeal of the $500 penalty. I hereby ask for refund of $500. Also because I paid $56 twice plus the recent payment of $1 as my account balance was zero long time ago, I ask for refund of $57.00 in addition to the $500.

By the way, E-Z Pass received my checks every time but conveniently lost my appeal letter or ignored my appeal letter every time. It is just unacceptable. As E-Z Pass has the power to suspend people’s vehicle registration, I just do not understand how they could be so irresponsible and ignore people’s letter, and how they could charge such outrageous penalties. I believe countless people have been bothered by the same issues like mine but many people just did not have time to deal with the issues or lost related documents. E-Z Pass seems quite comfortable with their questionable practice even after TV exposed their unreasonable behavior in February this year, and continues their business as usual. They did not bother to set up a website so people without E-Z Pass account could appeal online. And they could conveniently lose or ignore people’s appeal letter even people have proof of sending the letter, again and again!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Went to Niagara Falls for 2 days on vacation. Stopped and paid tolls at booths staffed by attendants. A few weeks after returning home to PA, I got a bill in the mail saying I owed $4 in tolls. I disputed it because we stopped and paid cash at ALL booths. In turn, I was sent a bill for $9. I disputed it too. Today, I got a red “violations” envelope and a bill for $251! No, that is not a typo. A $4 fee that I didn’t even owe in the first place has now become $251.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

On October 18th 2018 I place a call to EZ Pass NY regarding my account. I spoke to a representative named Vawn. She was very rude, unprofessional and unhelpful in resolving my issue. I then ask to be transferred to speak to a supervisor. I spoke to Miss **clerk number **. She was very uninviting, noncommunicative, unprofessional customer service agent. She did not help me solve my problem and she did not even attempt to try to help me solve my problem. Customer service was unsatisfactory, poor, and disgusting. The cause of being monitored and recorded so please follow up and review the recording.

E-Z Pass Company Information