2. Homeowners

New England

3.8/5 (281 ratings)

About E-Z Pass

E-Z Pass Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about E-Z Pass?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about E-Z Pass?

Original review: July 24, 2020

Called EZpass New York customer service this afternoon was on hold for over a hour so I could figure out my ezpass since I need to replace it since I was in accident and it flew off my windshield during impact. They actually hung up on me as soon as they answered. I waited on hold over a hour. Worst customer service ever. Tell me what do I do about my ezpass.

Original review: July 14, 2020

Olivia ID # ** and her manager should both get fired for their lack of customer service and aggressiveness. Covid19 has gotten so many people laid off, and a lot of them are so talented, the entire customer service should be replaced with these quality people. It took me 45 Mins to get my call answered with OLIVIA who first refused to helping me until I had to raise my voice and requested to speak to her manager, then she was willing to help! Long story short because I had a fraud on my credit card I had to cancel it then realise after 2 weeks that my EZ pass was on this card. I called immediately customer service to get a new payment means in place and was told they could not help over the phone with it. I had to do it online ... so we did and put our banking and routing # in place. And I thought it was fixed since I got debited immediately $50. But a week later 8 violations came in.

The system forced us to create a new account and did not want to recognize our primary account because we had never registered it online .... This is where it got mixed up!!! It took me 3 calls, 2h, to finally be redirected to EZ Pass NJ where the violations were to fix the problem. Just hope never anyone has to deal with these hopeless people, shame on them!

Original review: June 22, 2020

EZPassNY is a disaster!!! Avoid it!!! Be careful when you cancel your account. This company is not going to refund of your remaining balance ever! The customer service is the worst I have ever experienced, you can hold the line for hours and if you are patient enough you can speak to the rudest unprofessional people with zero help. This is a city run MTA monopoly company and it says everything. The only easy thing besides the name that they charge you quickly and easily all the time but no refund. Avoid this city run disaster forever!

Original review: May 18, 2020

We visited New York / New Jersey during the holidays in December / January and accidentally went through the E-Z Pass lane due to poor signage. Now we received the bill to pay online and we cannot pay it because my Canadian postal code shows as not-valid on their website. We called them over the course of several days but received no answer. We then received a 50 dollar collections payment last week for a late fee we cannot pay. We have been on the phone today for the past 3.5 hours and no answer. Can nothing be done here? Our payment went from $1 -> 6$ - $50. If consumer affairs has any influence I would like to see them deem this a scam organization. Happy to show or discuss more.

Original review: May 14, 2020

This company needs to be removed and shutdown with congressional inquiry from the people. I have been Unjustly and Illegally charged thousands of dollars from EZ-Pass. I have contacted them to negotiate the charges but they refuse and claim they cannot confirm my identity because my license plate number is associated with another account against my will, and that they require that I physically walk into the EZ-Pass Walk-In Center to resolve; all the while the charges Unjustly and Illegally accumulate with late fees and administrations fees.

This company was setup to OUTRIGHT ROB the people and is a plague to our civil society. Please inquire to your congressman to have this company removed and shutdown. 500+ ConsumerAffairs Reviews of ~1 Star Ratings? Attorneys, CONTACT ME AND I WILL PAY YOU TO HELP ME SUE THESE PEOPLE AND SERVE JUSTICE FOR THEIR CRIMINAL ACTIONS AGAINST THE PEOPLE. Best, Robert

Original review: May 13, 2020

I recently went to buffalo New York from Toronto Ontario and accidentally took the EZ toll pass. I got an invoice later with toll fees which I am prepared to pay. I also got a violation fee which is 50 dollars and I wanted to speak to customer service to understand it better. It has been a week since I have been calling the customer service and every day I wait for more than 2 hours with no response. They are basically not getting on the phone and neither is there an email to contact them. So now I am forced to pay the 50 bucks without even understanding why I am being charged for violation. This is the worst experience. Why is this company allowed to be in business. Should not they be fined and shut down given their rating is extremely poor. It’s a shame that an American company is behaving this way and as a Canadian I have to put up with this. I have to state that it’s a scam that no one has the guts to shut this company down.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

Have been a NY E-Z Pass account holder since 1999 (27 YEARS). Periodically, when use changed, the NY E-Z Pass affiliate increased the amount drawn from the subscriber's funding account (first notifying the subscriber), via an email (that got overlooked as sometimes happens). Though the funding account was never depleted, the threshold and replenishment amounts were accepted. My funding account was arbitrarily debited 225.00 commensurate with my monthly use. Up until, the replenishment threshold had been set for budgetary reasons (I am 67 years of age and semi-retired), I never earned a 6 digit salary.

As a result of their thoughtlessness, regardless of the fact I had been an account holder since 1999, (27 years). The 250.00 debit, overdrew my PNC checking account at the amount of 140.00 in overdraft charges. Of course, the blame was attributed to their computer, which every 90 days reassesses the subscriber's appropriate amount to be debited. Here they are wrong. I retired to a less semitic part of the country, where the E-Z Pass affiliate, the computer there, is not considering the ALMIGHTY DOLLAR ahead of the customer. I will be closing my E-Z NY account shortly, as with a vast percentage of the NY metro areas love affair with THE ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR, history has a way of repeating itself.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

All over NY now there are tolls by mail at most bridges and whatnot. I live in NJ and travel to NY frequently to visit family. However, every time I go through these toll by mail booths, I NEVER EVER receive a bill. I now in January am receiving a bill that was from October of 2019. So I looked up this bill number and what do you know? There are 9 outstanding violations. Tolls in total that were due are only $25 and the fees added up to over $600. This is disgusting.

I have never received a bill nor a violation by mail and simply forgot about it. I dont know know EZ pass can get away with this. People are struggling and working so damn hard and you want to charge them $100 fee for a $1.25 toll that was supposed to be sent to me but NEVER was?! This is unfair and unlawful. I don't know how this is allowed. EZ Pass violations could lead to the vehicle being towed and then what? EZPASS is a scam and this needs to come to a stop. I have issued a dispute for all violations and if no change I will be contacting a lawyer.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

They claim to have sent me 4 invoices. I received 1 with multiple late fee charges. Despite my proving to them that I had changed my address as evidenced from a confirmation email from the RMV, they still maintained the charges. When I called in to speak with a supervisor, I was informed that they would call me back in "24-48 hours." This call never happened. Calling into customer service is at best ineffective and at worst an excruciating experience. I'm not sure if it is deliberate fraud or ineptitude, but this organization seems to be fraudulently assessing fees, and then avoiding the consumers when they call in. I assume they hope people will get so fed up that they will just pay the additional $30 fee just to stop the painful experience that is the entire Pay by Plate organization.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I have been using I395/I95 this year almost everyday. I have had my EZ Pass located exactly the same location throughout. EZ Pass picked and chose days to send violation along with hefty admin cost. I at least received 2-4 of this violation a month totaling over 700 dollars. I called to discuss to no avail. The fact is that they can see my card sitting on the dash and three people in the car. They indicated that if the card is not attached to the windshield they will consider it as not functioning right. This violations are issued randomly to the point it becomes difficult to fight it. I am at loss and definitely will reach to the state government until I get a resolution.

E-Z Pass Company Information