1.30/5

New York

365 ConEdison Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 7, 2016

I just received a $4,081.29 bill in the mail to my surprise. Con Ed claims it is not an error but for over seven years they did not charge my account accurately and now I owe the above-listed amount? No notice or registered letter was ever received, no call, no email, or ring at the door but Con Ed claims they did not have access to accurate meter readings, no Con Ed representative or supervisor has helped me resolve this absurd issue! Please have someone contact me at ** or ** regarding this matter asap!

Original review: Feb. 29, 2016

I have been charged several no access fees over the last year. This is a Con Ed scam that must stop. A class action suit must be filed to stop these fees of $100. I have video monitoring and Con Ed workers do not even attempt to ring the bell to enter the property. I have called them on this many times however they continue this scam of charging no access fees.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2016

On February 18, 2016 my residence at above address was affected by a partial power outage. This is the third (3rd) time my residence was without power subject to this outage due to the manhole on the street. Con Ed is fully aware of this problem and they continue to sugar coat this problem, because it continues to occur, mainly to my residence and not other homes on this block. The technician from Con Ed says that the wiring from the street connected directly to my residence need to be replaced. The power outage affects the heating system in my house, so I have no heat when power is down.

I have written to them informing them of this problem and the spoilage of food in my refrigerator, no recovery was received. I am 66 years old and has been a customer of this company for over 38 years, making prompt payments on my bills. A technician did a temporary bridge so that I can receive power to my house. I had to call for an appointment so they can return to permanently repair the line, the date is March 21, 2016. I would appreciate if you would look into this matter so I would not have to be in the cold again. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2016

Since 2014, Con Ed has imposed a large amount on my parents' bill. My parents not having a clue why their bill all of a sudden increased to 1500. Con Ed couldn't give them a reason as to what had happened. They paid it off and then continued making payments which were deducted from their bank accounts and not credited to their bill. On February 25, 2016, I printed out all of the Con Ed bills and noticed that for 1125$ were charged to parents and never deducted from their Con Ed bill. After a couple of attempts in speaking with a manager the issues being disputed never got solved and my parents are still paying this bill for a mistake Con Ed made for not deducting the amounts. Even on some statements it states payment never made, meanwhile my parents have the receipt of making a payment. Can some please help me and my parents with this matter? I've even tried reaching out to Help Me Howard from wpix 11.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2016

I have many frustration toward Con Edison. Since we installed the remote meter for gas (2 meters) and electricity (3 meters), everything messed up. First of all, it's a hazard to finally get someone to install those meter (you can read the history of my account, over 100 calls including non answering by Con Ed, 5 emails, 2 visits over the past 6 months).

Then since meter was installed 2 months ago, your guy still come to my house every month to read meter. I told the guy to update his map each time, but he said our address showed he still needed to read meter. Our gas meter will show estimated (the past 2 months). 2 floor electricity meter has no digit on the screen, I called few times, emailed the picture, but no one ever do anything.

2 floor electricity bill should be wrong since they claimed they also use electricity heat and bill should be more than $200 like last month, but this month showed less than $100 even he actually used more electricity this month. 2 floor gas meter showed only 21 therms as a total since installed, but you charged him more $200 this month. We called to complained, you guys never admit those mistake, and requested us to stay home all day for an appointment that we shouldn't have. Please contact me at ** to fix all those junk ASAP. I also attached this email to 311, BBB and ConsumerAffairs to show my frustration. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConEdison?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2016

I am so disgusted with Con Edison. They rob the people of the United States and are the biggest crooks. How is it possible that NYC allows this monopoly to go on? Delivery charges are twice the amount of the supply charges and then they have the audacity to charge a "monthly rate adjustment" surcharge because the weather wasn't what they predicted and because the PSC has limitations on the amount they can profit from their consumers so instead of cutting the people a break, they make up fake surcharges. That's a load of horse manure. We, the people have no say. There is nothing we can do but shut up and pay it or freeze to death.

I am infuriated by them and their bogus charges. Is there nothing we the people can do about this? Can we not fight for our rights to electric and gas without these ludicrous "delivery" charges that break the bank? They have made it to where it is nearly impossible to not use their services. Hot water, heat, electricity, stove, etc., they have the people by the throat. Pay or else... Sad enough, there is no other option and that is how they want to keep it. Want another supplier? Sure, no problem. Where do you think the supplier is getting their supply from? The illusion of choice fools many. If only I could boycott them, I so would but I need hot water and even if I wanted to heat my own water, I have to use the stove which runs on gas. Damned if you do, damned if you don't

If you value your wallet, go elsewhere with for your energy IF it is possible. Don't give your money to CON Ed, it is time to make THEM pay and the only way to do that is to boycott them. If you don't believe me, read their reviews. You will see how many unhappy customers there are out there. Consumer Affairs, investigate CON Ed's delivery charges and other bogus charges and you will see why all the outrage.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2015

I have been paying Con Edison regularly as they billed. Yesterday I received a bill for over $1500 because they claim they inaccurately billed October and November so now they are lumping Sept., Oct., Nov. and Dec. together. No explanation as to why those meter readings were wrong and this one is right when no changes have been made to the meter. Also claims I used vastly more gas this onto than same time last year although this year NY is warm this month and last year it was cold. They just charge whatever they want and attach some bogus incoherent explanation and nobody stops them. This company is very poorly run and survives only because of its monopoly and the political class's unwillingness to hold it accountable. As a result the public is held hostage.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2015

I am a senior citizen with a stellar record of payments. My home was sold in July 2011 and I rented in a 3 family in walking distance. I called Con Ed to open an account. I was assured it would be done without need to go to an office. I started getting bills for prior tenant and also shut off notices but I had no account so ignored. I then paid it to stop the notices and expected it would be credited to me when my account was opened. The prior tenant moved in April so it was also several months lapse from then to when I moved in.

Meanwhile landlady who does not live here or have a separate meter used electricity for painting and drilling and construction and showing apartment. The meter was last read in April. A new reading was not established when I moved in because I had no account. I got several bills sent here but for my old account number in my home where I no longer lived and that was October 2011 and November. So I paid July and October and November bills but still had no account here in my name.

I called and wrote and emailed but though it only takes a day to give me an account none was given. Finally my first bill came in February. It was same here in a one bedroom as my house with 4 stories, washer and dryer, and more lights and air conditioners. It was $50 -$65. After paying this for several months a bill for an additional $770 was sent. Apparently they claim a union strike occurred so the meter was not read and this was estimated bills I had paid not actual.

I protested that I paid the estimate and the actual could not possibly be 4 times higher in Winter. That means close to $200 a month whereas 40 years in big house the highest in Summer was $120 and rarely that. In addition they also sent $600 added amount a bit after the $770 for the time I had no account. This though included the months from April till August which was not my usage but landlady fixing apt. The service and delivery alone is ~ $25 and there was usage too. So though I paid every bill in full from February through August 2012, per billing I owed $1,300 more.

I filed a complaint to PSC but after that case was open they sent someone to shut off the electricity. I notified the Public Service Commission that I already paid 3 months that need be applied to my account and that one meter reading for six months is unfair as I need to see the monthly statements. But main concern was the out of range $770 bill. Con Ed verified that the meter was in order but they removed and replaced it "anyway". So they sent me a notice now after 4 years that a Marshal will tear out my newest meter. My blood pressure is skyrocketing from stress and I never had that medical condition before. And they added late fees and legal fees and now I owe $1,800 for that same period which I paid for.

The commission thinks I am the one at fault and I am disappointed in them as they added their weight to help Con Ed not me when this is outrageous. So what to do? I went to court but so far every case I saw was just given to Con Ed regardless. I don't owe this yet if I do not pay it they will allow me to be without electricity. We need a petition to stop this bullying and coercion to pay enormous absurd bills. Their management is uncaring and incompetent as I have now read similar complaints on this site and nothing is done and it continues to go on. This is theft not proper to not open bill and include usage not mine, and convert normal bills by claiming they were estimated. Smells fishy all around.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2015

I just moved into a brand new building that's one year old, the first month there was a bill in my mailbox for over $4000.00. The bill was not in my name but it was my apartment number. I then call Con Ed to have NEW service turned on and told them about the bill. They said if it not in my name or my account, dont worry about it. Over the next couple of months case workers have tried many ways to get me to give up my account number, or to make copy of my bill. On the 12th of November 2015 they are having recertification. One on the documents that is needed by the management for recertification is my bill. I don't want to give up my Con Ed info, but if I don't I can be taken to court to have me evicted... HELP WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2015

I moved into the apartment on September 1, 2015. Within the first month of me moving there I was receiving turn-off notices but I figured that they were mistaken due to me just moving in the apartment. By the second week in October my lights were turned off while I was out of town. When I came back I tried to get my lights turned back on. I had to send them different documentation to prove when I moved in and they accepted my documents and agreed that my bill should start from September 1, 2015. When I opened my bill on October 21, 2015 it was to my surprise that I had a $1,169.19 bill. I am lost and baffled by this situation. I can't be held responsible for a bill that I didn't accumulate. I will take this to court if necessary. I will not be misused by them or any other company that provides services that I need in this day and age.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2015

Consolidated Edison underestimated my utility bills for 13 months and then sent a 'corrected' bill for $6333.00! The account has been open and active for more than 5 years. How can they start to underestimate an account usage after four years of service? I paid the amount each month on time. The corrected bill says I have to pay within 10 days or else incur a 1.6%/month interest charge. How is this even legal? If this was a new account I could understand but to underestimate electricity usage after four years is unacceptable and negligence on their part.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2015

Well, I was billed 402.71. When called, apparently because they weren't able to access the meter for 3 months (not my fault), I was billed all at once now, in Sept. Makes sense, happy to pay what I owe. I paid an ESTIMATED bill the last 3 months, they deducted those payments and the full balance I "owe" is now $275.49. All the taxes fine, the electric I used fine, but this delivery fee of $164.81, what? I'm being billed for them doing their job and delivering me electricity, are you kidding me?

When I spoke to an agent, he was very nice and I was very angry but still understood what he was saying. He said because it's all been lumped together, that's why I'm not being billed for all 3 months, and that I've always been billed a "delivery charge". Amazing, I've been billed one every month and NOW it's 164/3 months, my delivery charge alone, without including the electricity I used, is $54.66 PER month for the last 3? My ENTIRE bill, pretty much every month since moving here, has been TOTAL between $30-40~!!!

I hate this company and am now seeking a way out of Con Ed's clutches where they basically have free reign on all their customers and can charge whatever the hell they like to as long as they put some bs explanation behind it. I'd like to say they're the worst company out there, but America is full of them! All the phone companies locking you into contracts and charging you for things that are "legal" even though they damn well shouldn't be! I'm going to look into alternative energy sources and all I have to say to Con Ed is **!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2015

Con Edison is charging me more now than the summers I was home all day and actually did use the AC. I have not turned on the AC once this summer because I am working full time and barely ever home, and when I go to sleep the fan is good enough for me. Can you explain to me how they are just sending me a bill that seems to be equal to as if I was using the AC? I have told them several times that their charges are wrong and they refuse to cooperate, claiming someone reads the meter for the apartments in my building monthly and that is what the charge comes out to. This is infuriating. Especially since we aren't even allowed to change providers. Isn't there anything we can do?

Original review: Aug. 30, 2015

I believe Con Edison schemes to charge "No Access" fees of $100 each time by not adhering to or purposefully misstating its meter-reading appointments. Meter-reading appointment days are explicitly stated in writing by Con Edison at the top of each monthly bill. I make arrangements for Con Edison to have access to the meters on stated days by having a member of my household present that day. However, the meter reader seldom - if ever turns up - as scheduled.

Con Edison instead charges me $100 and claims its meter reader had no access. I have made numerous complaints over the phone about this practice. Customer service representatives have advised me to read my own meter and call it in. However, Con Edison is at liberty to reject these reading as they have done in this complaint and continue apply no access fees.

Most recently, the meter reader turned up on Saturday, August 21, 2015. The scheduled appointment was for Monday, August 24, 2015. We were at home on the 21st purely by chance. So far this year Con Edison has charged me no access fees 3 times. I was successful in getting only one of those charges reversed. I automatically pay my bill a set amount each month, paying a bit more than the average bill to account for variability. However, $100 "no access" fees have resulted in my account being in arrears.

Today I spoke with Supervisor Poveba who told me he will not authorize reversing any other no access charges because I have a history. He said my neighbors meter was read. When I explained the neighbor was retired and so always home, he said, "First you're saying Con Edison never turns up, now you have another complaint that they don't turn up that day." In other words being derisive of my complaints. As things stand, I have been instructed that the problem belongs to some other department and I will have to follow up with them.

Incredibly, I was also told by Con Edison that in July its legal department sent me notification of penalties for no access! I never received this notification, but requested it resent. With proof positive of Con Edisons bogus appointments, I intend to sue for ALL no access fees ever applied to my bill. I implore Consumer Affairs to investigate the company so that this egregious practice is stopped once and for all.

Original review: July 29, 2015

On the morning of July 28th (7:34 am) my boyfriend and I smelled gas in the hallway of our building. We went back into our apartment and verified that the smell was not evident in our apartment and that the stove was completely turned off. We immediately called Con Edison to report the odor and let them know it was coming from somewhere else other than our apartment but that it was a strong enough odor for concern. We let them know that we had left and were going to work, and that neither of us would be home. All of this was recorded in the report from the call we made in the morning.

When we returned home later that evening around 7pm, we could not gain access to our apartment. The key was turning in the lock and not actually catching the lock. When I shined my phone's flashlight onto the door we could tell that someone has used a crowbar like object to breach the door. The actual lock was still in place in the door jam and we could not get into the unit. Based on the appearance of the door and the broken state of the lock we had thought someone had robbed us. It was then that we had remembered our earlier phone call to call Con Ed to see if they had in fact done this to our door/lock. They were able to confirm that they did in fact gain access to our unit.

At that point we called an emergency locksmith to let us into the unit at which point he had to replace not only the lock but the entire mechanism in the door. The metal body of the lock mechanism had been completely cracked in the foundation of the door. This meant that the bolt was still in the lock position in the frame but we had no ability to unlock the door and gain access to the apartment. The door as well as the door frame are permanently damaged and will most likely need to be replaced as well. We paid out of pocket over $300 just to replace the cracked lock. This does not account for potential future costs to fix/replace the door and door frame.

When we finally got into the apartment we found a yellow door handle hanging tag on our kitchen table that said the Con Ed employee who had been in and our case number. We spent the remainder of the evening trying to get answers from anyone at Con Ed who could give us some answers. No one seemed to be able to tell us the circumstances under which the apartment was entered or if they even suspected the issue was coming from out unit. Additionally why no one else's apartment in the building was breached to check out where the smell was coming from. It appears that we were the only unit in the building affected by their visit even though we were the ones who called in the incident and clearly stated it was not coming from us.

Overall, we understand that in an emergency situation Con-Ed as well as the FDNY need to do what they think is best to prevent a problem. We also understand that they didn't want to take the time to ask for our permission to enter before doing so. However, I do not understand how we came home last night to the door in this state with absolutely no contact what-so-ever from Con Edison to us as customers or to the building management. We were completely locked out of our apartment with no explanation. There was no follow-up phone call to alert us to get home. We thought we were doing the right thing by reporting the incident and preventing a potential gas explosion, but instead we are left with big bills and no answers.

Original review: July 27, 2015

I have been very careful about my usage. I always unplug anything from phone chargers to coffee makers to computers or anything like that that I am not using and have no AC (just keep windows open for a nice natural breeze) and my lights are never on and when they are it's only room by room. When I leave a room, I always turn lights off and sometimes I watch TV with no light on at all. So I am confused about why my electric bill keeps going up. I complained several times and they keep saying it is me but it is not me. It simply doesn't make any sense. I am barely at home. I move around a lot for my job and my bill keep getting higher. I am so tired of this nonsense. I tried to switch to another provider and because I live in Manhattan, I can only use them. How angry I am, I let you imagine.... I have no choice. It's either overpaying or living with no electricity, what I may end up doing....... UNACCEPTABLE.

Original review: July 20, 2015

It's a joke that Con Edison is charging a delivery charge that is more than the usage of electricity in my home. How in the world can we the people let a corp take advantage of us? This should be against the law in my area. There's no other company I can use. They own the wiring. It's a take it or leave it situation and they're taking advantage of it. I understand that they laid down the ground work and should be paid for it but to charge more than the actual usage it's crazy. How can the government let them get away with that? Does anyone know how we can stop this???

Original review: July 13, 2015

On several occasions I have called in meter readings to ConEd and been told that the estimated readings were higher than the actual called in readings. The problem develops when I get the bill and it is higher than the estimated bill. When I call I get a wraparound story that questions my intelligence. I stopped paying one of my accounts and now I'm in court with them and they send me a notice that they're going to put the unpaid account balance onto the account that I'm paying. Is that legal? How can I have a court date and they can comingle 2 separate accounts?

Original review: July 9, 2015

Day 1: July 7th, 2015 @ approx. 1739 hrs., first phone call to the emergency dept. to Con Ed (800) 752 6633 was made in regarding to the flickering lights. The ticket was opened. No Con Ed workers showed up at or near the site of incident. The flickering lights continued to the next day. Day 2: July 8th, 2015, morning, cracking sounds were heard and sparkling were seen from the rusty electric box installed by Con Ed in the basement. The electric box was hot and overheated. 2nd and 3rd phone calls to the Con Ed emergency hotline were made at approx. 1530 hrs and 1630 hrs demanding immediate attention to the unsafe situation. Fire Dept. was called & firefighters were deployed.

Firefighters forced opened the electric box and found out the wiring in the box had been cool down already. The firefighters commented that Con Ed shall be contacted In order to prevent the potential fire hazard. No Con Ed workers showed up at or near the site of incident. More than 2 people at the site was waiting for the Con Ed workers to respond for the whole day, the door bell of the site was functional as well as both the contact phone numbers.

Day 3: July 9th 2015, approx. 1129 hr., Con Ed Representative contacted us that they will deploy Con Ed workers to the site before 1800 hr. More than 2 people at the site are waiting for the Con Ed workers to respond for the whole day, the door bell of the site is functional as well as both the contact phone numbers. As of 1700 hr., No Con Ed workers showed up at or near the site of incident. Issue: Con Ed did not take immediate action in regarding to the fire hazard from the electric box installed by Con Ed; instead, Con Ed is putting the residents' lives, the neighbors, and the properties at risk. The black rusty deteriorated electric box was installed by Con Ed.

Original review: June 23, 2015

One day my house lost most of its electricity, some outlets and some electricity still worked until finally it disappeared. After they temporarily "fixed" it, they had to come fix it again which made water massively leak through when it rained. I called them over and over and they replied "someone will call you in 1-2 days" which never happened. I called them at least once a week, and this was not the only problem, my A/C was not working because there wasn't enough electricity. So when the appointment was made and they came during that day, they said they wanted to reschedule after helping the neighbor first.

When they decided to do it today and started drilling a hole on the street it rained for a few minutes and they couldn't do it anymore. They said they will finish it next week Tuesday, and when I called they said they wouldn't do it on Tuesday. It is 90 degrees today without A/C, although it is not as bad as everyone else's problems. During the water leaks if it rained the whole night I wouldn't be able to sleep because I had to change buckets every minute, and the A/C is still not fixed even though they MADE the APPOINTment. They finished the neighbor's house and talked about not doing it that day for at least 2 hours.

Original review: June 22, 2015

Early in June 2015 we requested a refrigerator removal from my mothers house in Brooklyn. We got the old runaround. Not only was the trucking company inept, the driver was out of shape and LAZY. I cannot understand why Con Edison uses such deceptive practices in business. WE NEVER GOT THE REFRIGERATOR REMOVED AND NEVER GOT THE FIFTY!!! CON Edison never ever stood behind their ADVERTISING - too bad CON ED IS SO BIG AND ROTTEN!!!

Original review: June 18, 2015

6 month ago, I have outage of a mix use building. Con Edison came 3 days later and wire me temporary line use basement window. 2 month later building had outage again. Con Edison came and wire another temporary line from street light pole. So my basement window is open 7/24 since then. I have called Con Edison to fix the problem multiple time. As of today, the building consuming 2 temporary lines and the window still open 7/24. Come on this in NYC. Who and what org can monitor this big giant.

Original review: June 10, 2015

I know we're in the 1% with a washer/dryer in New York but it's not worth the extra $7,000/month electricity bill! As I wait here I think 2 things: 1) I've been on hold for 55:08 min; 2) I won't get any compensation for this...I've been honey potted. This is a one bedroom apartment and they actually acted like they were doing me a favor by sending out a meter reader to double check if this bill is correct. Worst customer service.

Original review: June 9, 2015

Con Edison has a policy to charge a deposit for customers who make a late payment. So if you make one late payment they tack on this deposit and refuse to remove it from your account. I don't care how careful you are, sometimes life gets in the way, and Con Ed doesn't care because the goal for them is to get that deposit added on to your account. The deposit amount is completely unreasonable and is usually triple the amount of your bill.

I asked what was Con Ed doing with the money and they said they hold it in a bank account to accrue interest. Huh? So you are stressing families that live check to check and barely make ends meet for them to pay this deposit so you Con Ed could put the deposit in a bank to accrue interest? How do I, the consumer, know if the pennies you are supposedly "crediting" back to my account is actually what my funds accrued? I mean, think about it, if they are doing this to thousands of families, that probably adds up to millions of dollars that are sitting in bank account "accruing interest." Seems like Con Ed found a way to generate millions in supplementary income, in addition to already monopolizes electricity and gas in NY, while middle-income families get screwed again!

Original review: June 5, 2015

Caught up with the bill and I get a late fee every time I catch up which happens to be more than the actual bill?? What the?

Original review: May 20, 2015

The lights in my house were flicking and dimming randomly. Con Edison gave me appointment only in 2 weeks. In one week the conditions became worth, my lights, air-conditions and all appliances were getting on/off constantly. When I asked Con Ed to expedite an appointment they refused. In 2 days I had an outage and Con Ed came only on the second day but they did not fix problem completely. They disconnected 220v line restored lights but my appliances are not working without 220v line. Con Edison did not tell me that they disconnected 220v line and I called appliance repair service who charged me $40 and told me that I do not have 220v line connected. When I called Con Edison they setup a new appointment only in 6 weeks.

Original review: May 15, 2015

Con Ed sent a postcard saying they will charge $25.00 each month if they cannot read the meter. Have they ever heard of work? The instructions given for providing the meter reading yourself by phone are so convoluted. It is laughable. Note their own employees are given equipment to read the meter but apparently it's "thought" to be a piece of cake for a lay consumer. It is not as if they are not getting money. In fact they pull payment from the bank every month based on an estimate. Hard to fathom how Con Ed is harmed such as to tack on a $300 premium annually. This is an abuse.

Original review: May 4, 2015

My bill was due on April 28th 2015 and given some circumstances, I made an online payment the day of the due date. The night before I tried paying over the phone, but they do maintenance work for a few hours. They charged me over 3,000 dollars for a deposit when I made the payment on the day it was due. They are a money hungry corporation with rude employees. Even the supervisors make no sense with their reasoning. How can you tell me my bill is due on April 24th, when the statement says APRIL 28th? I'm sorry but are we speaking and reading the same English dialect here? Total lack of professionalism in all aspects. How can they threaten a business who has been a customer for over 20 years? So angry.

Original review: April 9, 2015

I recently moved into a new apartment in a new building (June)- the apartment had never been lived in prior. On the third month we received our "first bill" with an estimate of ~$1200 owed and a turn off notice. After talking to customer service, they claimed it was "just an estimate". To be fair, they reduced that bill down by ~$700. That still left a bill of over $500 for 2 months, so we paid $200 to keep the power on and asked our landlord to have an electrician investigate. Next bill I get is over a thousand dollars. I'm told Con ED replaced the last meter (In July) and they have no reason to believe the bills for the initial summer months shouldn't be $250.

The thing is, all apartments in this building are identical and we have the same setup as everyone else for AC. So when I find out the other apartments (I'm friends with each of the other tenants) didn't have bills even CLOSE to this high, I once again tried to get this resolved. Con Ed said "that seems high" and that they would look into it. They did nothing. My landlord did nothing because he thought the issue was resolved after initially bringing the electrician out, who said the same as the con ed person over the phone "Something seems wrong".

In any case, now I'm back to the same situation. The issue was never resolved, my monthly charge has been around $100 a month ever since the disputed couple of months, but no ground has been gained in getting that resolved, nor do I want to pay this. I don't know what to do. It seems like I'm being forced to enter a payment plan and pay the additional $500 no matter what. This is what happens when there is a lack of competition in America. Service turns to **. Representatives don't give a rat's ass. Nothing is ever resolved.

Finally, we are seeing changes to our ISP providers thanks to Google. When can we get some options with how we purchase energy? Con ED is absolutely the WORST. But in NYC, it doesn't seem like I have any other option. TLDR: Con ED overcharged us, refused to evaluate the issue after replacing the meter, continued to compound late fees, and will do nothing about the initial charges that were 100% inaccurate. As of today, it looks like I'm going to have to pay them, as well as a ** of late fees for waiting for them to actually look into this problem.

Original review: March 30, 2015

Every month I'm crossing my fingers that I don't receive a ridiculous Con Ed bill. Every month my bills range from $500-$800 and recently received a $1200.00 bill. I know for a fact that they are not reading my meter and when I call and complain that my bill is too high they give the excuse it's electric heating. First off, it's a two bedroom apartment that I share with my son and we're barely there during the week since I work and he's in school for most of the day. I'm billed as if I was running a business out of my small two bedroom. I've been with this battle for the past 10 years and the only way I'm able to pay is making a payment agreements with a monthly installation amount on top of my bill. I recently had to establish a new agreement and partially beg for it since I was told that my account has too much history of payment agreements. Please someone provide some guidance. This is absolutely insane and I have no idea who I can go to for assistance..

ConEdison Company Information