1.29/5

New York

369 ConEdison Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

The customer service representative was extremely anxious to end the conversation before it even started by answering his own questions before I could explain anything to him. The entire monologue lasted about 2 minutes and left me speechless. When I asked if I could ask a question, he literally went "OMG" with an extremely aggressive tone. I got so confused that I hanged the phone. It sounds like the representative was not in the right place to begin with. I have no clue of how apparently I've managed to irritate him that much without even finish my first sentence. The all experience lasted about 3 or 4 minutes, to give you an idea of how unprofessional this person was.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

There is serious lack of communications between dispatch and their field employees. Apparently, it's S.O.P to call the Fire Department back a second time to justify their actions to force access when they are asked to leave. Then F.D. calls the P.D. so they can break the door down despite F.D. checking everything out minutes prior, they lie and make up excuses when it was originally reported the gas leak is outside drifting from a neighborhood sewer. The disturbance that ConEd caused in my building at midnight was major, the banging and pounding, alerting the management, super, and board president.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Bar restaurant opened since 1944, back in March 2018 needed to upgrade the business, had complained to ConEd many times about paying for gas while doing construction and with the meters valve shut off to prevent any accidental old pipe disturbance causing leaks. Now am at beginning of July. I am ready to open, the plumbing acting in good faith get the blue cards, then apparently according to the plumber the commercial meter need to be upgraded, and called ConEd for inspection. This is all after all new gas pipes being installed and blue cards approved. On July 06 ConEd show up and called emergency services working overtime to cut my service at the gas curb valve, can someone explain? I was scheduled to open on July 10, can someone explain why over a month later I am still without gas service, after complying with all his requests?

Original review: July 11, 2018

ConEd gambles not blocking off active manhole covers. 2 heat and steaming manhole covers shooting steam 20 feet in the air were active the next day which in turn burned most of my engines components from under the van, there were no signs, no smoke, no yellow markers, nothing. Just a legal parking. I have been stuck in the same block two months. I have spent $900 in parts. I filed and sent them a "Claims Form" as per directions. It's been over a month. ConEd has not replied. Will go to small claims court in a few days. Maybe I should call John Quinones. Currently Sore almost done.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Let me start off by saying, I live in a supportive housing 2bd room apt in the Bronx. I live with my husband & our daughter, she's only 13 & spends her time in school. My husband is disabled so he's bedridden most of the time. I got a bill from ConEd of 634.00. When I called the lady was very rude & nasty. She explained I owed 166 past balance because this new bill just kicked in so 166 + 187 (current) which brings it to 354 then, they are asking a security deposit of 258 which brings it to 638. Wtf. 258 security deposit for what? I'm a customer since I've been 18 yrs old, I'm 36 now. Oh, & I haven't even used my air yet. I can't even imagine how much my bill will be then. Smh.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConEdison?

Original review: June 9, 2018

We moved to Midwood New York from Carroll Gardens, we are both disabled. At the present time we are experiencing serious issues with Con Edison. Whoever build this building it seems they made serious mistakes with the electrical connections, back in December 2017, Con Ed came to check all the apartments and they found that mostly all of the apartments had wire issues and the wires of several apartments were not properly connected to the meters. We were told by the Con Ed employee that they found the issue and they will resolved it immediately and they did. During an entire day they fixed all the issues.

We barely used the electricity, we try to save as much money as we can. We were paying around 38 dollars during winter time and every month for some reason the electrical bill keeps getting expensier and the top we pay for April and May has been of almost 79 dollars per month. Yesterday June 8th 2018 we check online and we were shock to see that our bill was $512.42, we contacted them and spoke with Mr ** in Spanish who was rude and nasty, refused to listen and become very angry and later hang up on us. Due to the fact that we are from a different country than he is he was very racist with us, he also refused to transfer us with his supervisor and then after I told him I was recording him he did transfer us with a supervisor and he continue being nasty, all that is recorded and he consent to be recorded.

We then called back and at the same time I email Con Ed customer service and also sent them a Facebook message. At around 6:49pm we spoke with Ms ** who was kind and was shock when she read the bill statements, and realize that there was a mistake. I point out to her that since December 2017 until yesterday June 7th 2018 we had the same meter number, we can see the meter number in our monthly bill statement, but all of a sudden on June 8th 2018 we had a new meter number that we never had before. It seems either the Con Ed employee made a mistake or someone illegally change our meter, and that could had happened on the week of May 18 or May 25 2018 when it was a blackout in our block and we had no lights for about 8 hours or more.

We explained all this to a supervisor, Mr ** who either was confused or refused to repair their mistake, he told us first that we had to pay all that money, $512.42, even though if we did not used it, I told him that a possible crime was committed when someone either illegally change our meter or when his employee took the meter reading and made a mistake.

And after going back and forth I told him that I will have to contact my local Council Member or find a lawyer and contact a News media to find a solution, because we were told that they may cut our lights and also forced us to pay the bills plus late fees, even though we never used all that light as this is their mistake. He agree he will start an investigation and also that we will not have to pay late fees, but It is 5:14am on June 9th 2018 and I noticed that they change the payment day and instead of being June 20th 2018 yesterday June 8th 2018 they change the payment date to June 4th 2018, THAT IS 4 DAYS AGO.

I have proof of all of the invoices, also I have access online and I copy all of the invoices with their mistake on PDF files plus all the new additions that they want us to pay. About 30 minutes ago (4:40am), we noticed that they keep changing our invoice and now they are adding $497.50 dollars to the original $512.42, plus another $189.88, plus $41.11, plus $349.70, plus $47.20, plus $221.56, the total amount for all this is $1859.37, and they are saying that this is an additional adjustment they put in our bills from December to the present.

This is a total scam from Con Ed or an issue that Miss ** (Con Edison customer service employee), noticed when she look at all of our statements and stated that it seems they read the wrong meter and the amount of money and electricity belongs to the lobby lights, the tv screens from the lobby, the hallway, the elevator and not from our apartment. We checked the payments we did in 2016 and 2017 and they are half price of what Con Ed, after they install the smart meter reading saids we need to pay.

Also since December 2017 until June 2018 a Con Ed worker came in person to read the meters and register to our meter# but all of a sudden the "Smart Meter" change our meter reader number and now our electrical triplicate. Again, my Mother and I are both disabled, we live with our sister and we can not afford to pay all this money because we have not used all this electricity and like I stated before, we only have 1 meter for our apartment and Con Ed is charging us for 2 meters, instead of 1.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Trying to make my contribution to save the environment, I had our electrical system upgraded and provided for the installation of a separate meter for charging an Electric Vehicle in September 2017. The electrical company filed the necessary application with ConEd. Not having heard anything I contacted ConEd in November and was told the case had been closed, without informing the customer(?), because the documentation supplied was incomplete.

Since I could not get anywhere with ConEd, I wrote to Sustainable Westchester who helped me in opening a new case. I also filed a Service Request and paid the security fee. The problems with insufficient documentation persisted and I had to play conduit between ConEd the electrical company. Finally, in January 2018, the documentation was complete. ConEd stated they would do a final inspection and service would be activated "within 20 days or less". Nothing happened. In late March I noted that a meter had been installed. Sounded great but still no power. Tried to contact ConEd and was advised that my case was now with the Energy Department. Was unable to contact the Energy Department because I could not download the app and the link did not work.

Wrote to the general contact link of ConEd - no response. Followed up, still no response. Tried to call ConEd; they said without a Energy Dept case number they could not help me. (Kaffka would be proud of this). What can I do? After EIGHT months I cannot charge the car and utilize the energy savings. Gave ConEd a one star because there is no provision for a ZERO. Any help/suggestions?

Original review: April 20, 2018

ConEdison is the worst company, very rude with poor customer service, such a disrespect for customers. New York should consider different options, I think people of New York State deserve better gas and electric company.

Original review: April 5, 2018

ConEdison in NYC: Apparently they saw a significant increase in our power usage for the winter. Because it was so high, they waited a month to make sure it wasn't a fluke and instead of relaying any of this info - they told us they couldn't access the meters and sent us an est. that was 1/6th of the actuality. After 3 months, they determined there was no issue on their end and we indeed are using way more electricity (there was a hidden draft behind the heaters) and sent us a bill for $1600. How is that policy anywhere?

To see smoke, and instead of sharing that, send us a laughably low est. only to drop a bill in our laps 3+ months later letting us know, 'turns out, there was definitely 'fire' 3 months ago'. Had we gotten that initial high bill, we would have had time to adjust and discover the structural issue. They are legally allowed to withhold a meter reading from us simply because it spiked and tell us it's because they can't access the meters all while giving an unprecedented low estimate? Why didn't they give us that first high bill???

Original review: April 3, 2018

Con Edison is the only company I know that uses strong-arming techniques to abuse customers. For example, they come with claims of missing old payments, going back months. People should be aware that Con Edison take advantages of customers claiming late payments, where there is none. Or in my case, I made a payment plan, they, later on, denied a payment plan was in place. It is not one thing is something else always.

ConEdison Company Information