1.91/5

Need a utility company?

Need a utility company?

512 Ambit Energy Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 5, 2019

We Live in Edmonton Albert Canada. We have been using Ambit Energy Canada since May 2018. We are having a great experience with Ambit Energy Canada. We are happy with the services for both electricity and natural gas supply. We have no issues with Ambit Energy Canada nor customer service. The online system is easy and friendly. The rate is very competitive. Our family members, friends, and business associates are happy saving money with both of the services. We thank you Ambit Energy Canada finally supply both electricity and natural gas to our city.

Kenny

Edmonton, AB. Canada

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I have never had a problem with Ambit for over 3 years. I get free electricity with their Free Energy Program and have saved a lot of money. The company sends you an email, text message and a letter about 45 days before you are up for renewal. I suspect that many of the people complaining on this site just never checked their mail or renewed and went into the default rate. My energy consultant also always reminds me to renew. I think Ambit does exactly what they say and what is written in their terms and conditions.

Get expert buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I have been a customer of Ambit, in upstate NY, since 2012. So have my parents and siblings. We have never had a bad experience. I have gone onto National Grid's website and did an ESCO comparison for myself as well as my family, and found that we all saved on our bills as promised. EVEN when the polar vortex hit in 2014. Our bills soared, as everyone else's did. I called Ambit & they explained why. I then called National Grid (my incumbent) & had them do a side by side comparison of my bill with Ambit & what it would have been if I had just stayed with my incumbent as my supplier. They researched it & told me that believe it or not, I actually paid LESS thru Ambit than I would have thru them.

I did get my renewal letter as promised. And now it's my understanding that I no longer have to notify them of my wish for renewal, it's automatic. I also get a statement every year as promised. I realize that they may of had some issues to deal with early in their launch, but looks like they have them all ironed out. I would indeed recommend this company to all interested in saving money. I have also compared them to other ESCOs as well, and still believe they are the company to be with.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

It was very simple to switch to Ambit Energy as my supplier. They offer lower rates than my provider National Grid which is why I chose them. People need to do their research on energy deregulation and the benefits you can gain by switching to Ambit Energy. I live in the Massachusetts which the energy market is different for every state that Ambit services. There's no sign up cost, no contracts and no cancellation fees. I've been with Ambit for about a year now and I've saved $500 so far. Looking forward to more future savings.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Wow! These reviews! I've been with Ambit at least 6 yrs and for those yrs, summer/Winter my bill has been consistent, give or take a (few) dollars. This is why I stayed. Which for Me is a plus, never experienced extreme bills. Always have gotten letters of renewal, with ample enough time to renew. I've never had to Ask for extension, so I wouldn't be able to share on that, however I had to call Ambit a Couple of days ago, and I did hold for 45 mins Way too long. The representative was helpful, As well as professional!

Yes I too, feel that being charge $10, for not using a 1000 watts Is totally wrong. I feel punished, and yes it contradicts, the savings they advertise! But life is what it is! All light companies, play part in some kind of deceitfulness! The world is built on greed! And where (customers are the prey!) Check out your bills and see center point charges!!! My advice find the lowest monetarily greedy, Company and go for the ride!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ambit Energy?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Horrible service. I cancelled my electricity service in April and still haven’t received my $160 deposit. I’ve called countless times and spoke to several people only to be told that it takes 20 business days for a check to be mailed. In what world is this considered okay? So frustrated with this company and will be reviewing in all platforms until I get my money back.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

This company send me a renewal notice to an email I do not use. A month later I realized my ComEd bill was higher than usual. Called Ambit and they doubled my rate because they said I did not renew in time. Also they said it's going to take 2 billing cycles to get my normal rate back. They are charging me 11 cents per kilowatt hour right now. Company is a total scam, my bills are almost double. I wish I never signed up with them. Stay away from this company.

Original review: July 25, 2019

They never send my bill on time and charge late fee. When I call them, they always said it's my faults. I pay the late fee the first time. I required them to check my address to be correct and sent the bill on time next time, but it keep coming late.

Original review: July 16, 2019

In my opinion, Ambit Energy is the WORST! I enrolled in their Guaranteed Savings Program which ended in December, 2018 and it is now July, 2019 and I have yet to receive my cost analysis and refund check for my gas delivery. Despite numerous phone calls, emails, escalations and promises, they still have not refunded me the amount owed. I give a dire warning, do NOT do business with Ambit Energy!

Original review: July 14, 2019

I switched to Ambit because of their cheaper rates with exactly the same service. Switching was easy and had not experience any problems. Plus, you don't get those hidden charges from other companies... You just need to do your own research.

Ambit Energy expert review by Jonathan Trout

Ambit Energy got its start in 2006 and continues to offer cost-effective choices for energy consumers in deregulated markets. It has won numerous awards, including J.D. Power and Associates’ number one most positive recommendations.They have over one million active customers.

• Rates and plans: Ambit rates and plans differ depending on your location and whether you’re a homeowner or business. Visit their website and type in your zip code for accurate rates. A full list of Ambit’s service areas is also available online.

• Green energy: Ambit is Green-e Energy certified and offers renewable energy from sources like wind farms to provide clean energy. If you choose a green plan from Ambit, you can be assured you will receive energy from a clean resource, reducing the environmental impact.

• Solar power: Are you looking into solar power for your home? Ambit partners with Sunrun, a leading solar provider, to offer residential solar power to residents in California, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey and New York. Sunrun offers worry-free service, taking care of the paperwork, permits, installation, monitoring and more. You can apply for solar power on Ambit’s website, and a Sunrun representative will contact you to walk you through the process.

• Free energy: You can earn free energy through Ambit’s free energy program and potentially reduce your monthly energy cost by up to 100 percent. The free energy credit works by taking the average daily energy costs of customers you’ve referred and multiplying it by the number of days in your billing cycle. You can earn free energy every month, up to your total energy costs.

• Travel rewards: As an Ambit customer, you earn one travel point for every kilowatt-hour you use. Points can be redeemed on Ambit’s website through travel packages that include things like spa or golf getaways, cruises, vacation packages and more.

• Best for: energy consumers who want competitive rates and plans, as well as rewards programs for their energy use.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout