New Jersey

2.4/5 (597 ratings)

About PSE&G

PSE&G Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PSE&G?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

PSEG came last summer to install the new smart meter forcefully. Ever since then, the price is doubling up every month. The new meter runs a lot quicker than an old one. No one is home during the day and the heat is on 68 same every year at night. This year's winter was warm so we barely turned the heat on but the price went more than double. Do NOT install the new smart meter!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

I received a very high electric bill for $568.38. I called PSEG and I didn't get anywhere with them. This bill is for October 2022. This just doesn't add up. I live on the first floor and the landlord lives upstairs. I strongly disagree with this amount.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

Technician diagnosed the problem as a bad motor for the compressor fan. Claimed he could not retrieve the model number on the motor. He did not remove the motor, removed wires and left us with no air conditioning on a 90 degree day. How about removing the fan and bring the fan to a parts store of PSE&G? Unacceptable service, not willing to go extra step to help. Now I am shopping for a new HVAC System with no Air conditioning in the middle of a heat wave. PSE&G made a bad situation worst.

Original review: July 27, 2022

Please be advised that finally one of PSE&G's more knowledgeable technicians were out 7/8/2022 to service my Central AC system. I have been experiencing the same problem/issue for the past 5+years/seasons - i.e. leakage of air handler coil - which was FINALLY determined and confirmed 7/8/22 with Lou (the technician). Lou (within 5 minutes of his arrival) was able troubleshoot and isolate where the issue/problem is and addressed it by asking to view the air handler unit in the attic so that he can assess and confirm that the root of the problem was in fact in the attic in the air handler coil.

Why did it take 5+ years, multiple technicians, thousands of dollars later, etc. for the problem/leak to be found? Lou was able to pinpoint and confirm the problem just by asking a few questions and requesting access to my attic to see the air handler unit (coil). NO technicians in the past have EVER asked to see the air handler or bothered to make the additional effort to see how and why the issue was still present. All they ever did was replace the refrigerant, include some dye and charge me for the cost EACH AND EVERY TIME rather than fixing the problem.

When the technician would follow-up, they never found a leak or even bothered to go further than looking at the compressor unit outside. How many other customers (WOMEN and single mothers, more specifically) are being taken advantage of because they are who they are? It was also brought to my attention that an Central Air Conditioning unit would most likely never require recharging of refrigerant unless there is a LEAK. Why did it take so long and so much money to come to this eventual conclusion?

Original review: April 22, 2022

I was impressed with the professional responses the PSE&G gave me regarding various utility rates for residential development and multifamily affordable residential development; in addition I wanted to know utility rates for commercial warehouse projects.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

I have 8 repair contracts for about 20 years. They have not had a successful repair yet. They broke my top range, could not get a part for my wall oven... so I researched and got the part but they would not put it in because they were afraid of harming my cabinet. My elite refrigerator needs service for two weeks. It took over a week to get the part (despite being very available locally). When they finally came to install the part it still did not work because they needed another part. Now they said I have to pull the elite refrigerator out so they can replace the next part. They can’t pull the refrigerator out??? All of a sudden I am asked to be the repairman. I spent lots of time trying to get the supervisor but he does not respond. When parts are ordered on an emergency basis it still takes an inordinate amount of time. This is simply unacceptable. I want a call from the head or worry-free service.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

I have 5 items on their plan and I plan to cancel all. First of all, it takes over a week for them to show up to check my dryer. Then I had to listen to an incompetent name Nick who just showed up just look at it. He had no intention of fixing it. I just listen to a bunch of excuses before finally he agree the belt was part of the issue. When I made the appointment I told the agent the belt was bad. I gave her the part # also, but that illiterate think everyone is an idiot. Since it was Friday afternoon his mind was probably on getting to his favorite bar. I don't think he has any knowledge about fixing anything. Not sure what qualification he had to get hired. These people are only interested in collecting a damn paycheck. If I have to wait 3 weeks to get my appliance I'd rather do it myself. Don't waste your time with this worry free crap.. It is a ripoff.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

Our heater stopped working one night and it was 10 degrees outside. Despite having the worry free, PSE&G’s earliest appointment was 24 hours later. Not only that, they were rude and condescending on the call. Our family had the worst night ever, huddled together near the fireplace all night without a wink of sleep due to the freezing cold.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Awesome company to have in this area. Produces a lot of power via hydro, wind and solar. I really like that and has a good program to install solar on home roofs. I will be installing solar in the near future.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

When we reported an outage, the physical response was less than 1 hour and soon after that, repairs were completed. Amazing, with courteous and respectful employees, truly providing a great customer experience.

PSE&G Company Information