PSE&G

New Jersey

Compare Utility Companies

Research top Utility Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have had three miserable experiences with PSE&G appliance warranty. They came to fix my heating unit, which had coverage, and told me the part in question was not covered. They handed me a brochure as to which parts were covered, which only a plumber could probably understand, and left. Years of paying the premium and no coverage on the heater I am paying for. Ridiculous. I asked them to fix my fridge. They come out evaluate and ordered parts. They come back and tell me the wrong parts were ordered. They come back again and realize they can't fix it. So they give one year of coverage back after paying for the coverage for 10 years. Ridiculous.

They come out a month later to fix the dishwasher. Same experience. They order the wrong part. Order another part then try to charge me $700 for the part even though I have coverage. This warranty service is the most poorly run service I have ever witnessed. Obviously I am dropping all of my covered appliances as the technicians are not capable of fixing the equipment and PSE&G is making a lot of money off of people by letting them think they will have coverage and then telling them they are not covered or they can't get those parts.

I had circulatory pump leaked on my heating system. And I had worry-free since last 3.5 years. I called PSE&G. They came and told me, "IT'S NOT COVERED." No one ever said that this part was not covered. Next day I called again and I was told, "We can upgrade you in premium package since you already have basic coverage, and will send someone next day to fix the circulatory pump." I asked, "How come no one told me before that there are two kind of plans?" She said that people were complaining about the same stuff so we have this plan now. So I agreed to get upgraded.

Next day tech (Charlie) came in and said the same thing, "That is not covered." I told him the whole scenario. He wanted me to call his boss (Joe **) which I did in front of him. Joe rudely told me, "That is pre-existing condition," and he cannot allow his tech to fix it so I told him that "I had basic coverage and your people had upgraded me. Get the problem fixed. You need to talk to your people. It's not my fault." He said, "No we can't do this." So I asked him to take me off the premium package and put me back on basic, and now when I got my bill they have taken me off the basic also.

They are insensitive people. I have worry-free service for almost 4 years and make the payment every month, and when first time I need service they came up with excuses. I got me a licensed heat AC repairman from outside and had the problem fixed. So much for PSE&G's worry-free service. If I did not had paid for worry-free I would've saved much, much more money. Their worry-free is nothing but a scam. Thanks.

Despite paying every single bill these greedy scumbags sent me, including estimated bill at five times my actual usage, PSE&G sent someone to disconnect me today. When I caught the "person" tampering with my electric meter I politely asked him what he was doing. The "person" continued tampering with my meter and refused to answer my question. I repeated the questions. He again ignored me. When I tried to resolve his matter, the PSE&G employee repeatedly lied to me. Furthermore, this PSE&G employee made it clear to me that he got his jollies screwing customers. I then had to drive to Hackensack to talk to one of their "customer service" employees, who then had to put in a work order to restore the electrical service that should have never been cut off. When I called PSE&G to complain, they put me on endless hold.

We've been customers of PSE&G for a long time and have been ok with them and their service until recently. They allow these scam artists alternative energy companies to add on fraudulent services and charges that we NEVER NEVER NEVER wanted. The amount of the gas and electric bill tripled and quadrupled within a six month period. The scam is that you get a letter in the mail from PSE&G telling you that you've signed on with "Constellation" and you have to "opt out" of this within 7 days. This is a criminal fraud being perpetrated on the middle class working person as usual. My mom was in the hospital at this time too! So when Constellation Energy called us to "confirm OUR!!! change in companies" she was home and she said, "NO THANK YOU." Well guess what happened. They lied and said we ordered the change anyway and put themselves on our PSE&G bill!!!

To add insult to injury PSE&G raised our prices X3. This is robbery and elder abuse (scamming people over 60 is a worse crime than under 60 years of age). We have 2 people living in a cape cod size house. Both PSE&G and CONSTELLATION are charging us outrageous amounts all on the PSE&G billing invoice. The amounts are WRONG!!! And you will get no help adjusting the bill from either of these criminal enterprises. So what you have to do after contacting them and listening to their "GOBBLEDYGOOK STORY" about why you owe this amount, is go to the NJ Board of Public Utilities and file a complaint for each of them. Then REPORT THEM TO THE NJ ATTORNEY GENERAL. I'm doing that next.

I have decided to join many different blogs, website, chats etc, to see how many other people are suffering from insanely high electric bills. My bills started at about 150-200 a month. I always thought that that price was fair. However a little more than a year ago my bills started coming 300-400 a month (doubled). I was baffled, nothing had changed in terms of my general electric use. Just yesterday I received a new bill for 1 month $640. I could not believe my eyes!!! Again nothing has changed drastically in my general use, if anything the month of September should be less than the months prior because everyone is back to school and work so the house is empty more than half the day which isn't the case many of the months prior.

There is absolutely no way in the world that my electric bill can be $700 a month. That is not normal. Every time I try to call them the wait is 30 minutes or more, I guess that means other people are having problems as well. I am going to find other unhappy customers and look into filing a CLASS ACTION SUIT. This company is stealing our money and it's time we do something.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PSE&G?

Despite my payments, they have shut off my service at least 6 times this year. I have call and complained in regards my bill being extremely high. I lived in a basement, roughly 600 sq ft and during winter my bills were 595.00, 495.00, 533.00 and so on. I called several times and requested a new meter and my unit to be inspected and yet no respond. When I call back to follow up on my request, the new rep has no records of any of my complaints or request for a new meter. I love how quickly they send someone to turned off my power. When this happens I have to jump hurdles to get my power back on. My bill is 662.0 and I called to offer them a payment of 300.00 and they refuse to accept this and continue to keep my power off. When just in July I made a payment of 500.00. I have a 6 year old child and they could care less. So far this year I have made approximately 1,800.00 in payments and have been turned off 6 times.

We have been a PSE&G customer for such a long time I have lost count. Every time I have to deal with them I cringe. I have had to reset my account password more times that I care to count and the customer service people there are some of the nastiest people I have ever dealt with. My latest "adventure" with PSE&G was a whole lot of fun... We have been making online payments through their website for the past several months, or that is what we thought. For some strange reason the payments have not been going through. Same bank/routing number, nothing changed. There was always money to cover the payment. We never noticed, which in all fairness is our fault, but they never notified us of this either which frankly, is very bizarre.

So recently when my husband went online to pay the bill, he saw the returned payments and called. He straightened everything out and made arrangements to pay it all off. This occurred around 8/26. Then the letters started coming. These letters acknowledge our phone conversation and arranged payment. Since September the first, I have received 97 copies of the same letter. 97 COPIES!!! I receive a stack each and every day! Each letter costs $.39 to mail! We are currently up to $37.93 in postage fees and who knows if they are done! PSE&G is a disgrace.

Updated 10/15/2016 - Since my post on September 20th, PSE&G has come to read my meter at which time I showed the employee my stack of letters from them. His eyes grew wide and he even stated that it was insane! We have since made 2 payments on the agreed payment plan schedule and when my husband tried to pay more so we could get this over with, the system will only allow the "agreed upon amount" which is ridiculous. Oh and as of yesterday 10/14/16 PSE&G has sent me 275 letters stating the original payment agreement made in August. Same exact letter with a different date... no adjustment for payments we have already made. Total postage wasted to date: $107.25. PSE&G goes on gouging everyone for gas and electricity costs yet is able to waste this kind of money on nonsensical letters that are meaningless. I will continue to update this situation because it is so unbelievably ridiculous.

I called for reconnection at 730pm yesterday. Was told they have until midnight to come out to my home. No one showed up. Called 730 am today and was told drivers resume at 8 am. I watched for a PSE&G vehicle and I saw one pull up in front of my home 915am. He looked up at the window, saw me and proceeded to make a personal phone call... but he told his supervisor he called and no one answered. No phone call no acknowledgement of his work order. My husband walked over to his truck and asked him was here for our address. His response, "YOU GOT THE WRONG GUY", and he pulled off. I immediately called customer service to find out. He said again he called and no one answered. He never called but he was able to have a conversation on his cell phone about someone's mother.

Supervisor told him to make his way back to the address and it is now 1 in the afternoon. So much for the complaint. Maybe he's on his cell phone talking about someone's father now while my food in the freezer is no longer frozen and I have to take a loss on my groceries while he still gets PAID talking on his cell instead of working. Great job PSE&G. When a late payment comes through you're quick to shut off so I guess this kind of service is well deserved, correct? I've been waiting all day and now I have to step out to pick up my daughter from school so let's hope you don't come now.

I chose PSE&G because I have no other choice, and it turns out to be the start of my troubles. From May to August, PSE&G reported my electric usage to be 750 KW h per month on average (or over $120 equivalent). Since I live in a 600 sq ft one bedroom, working outside home 5 days a week, and rarely use AC, I'm almost certain that there's something wrong with my bill. So I started contacting PSE&G. Not only were they extremely unfriendly, but they also insist that it is the hot weather in August that's causing the issue. When I ask them about the bill from May to July, they simply refuse to comment on the issue, saying the bill is not current.

I feel really outraged and helpless as they didn't even tried to offer a solution, which could be as simple as to investigate the meters. That's why I'm writing on this bulletin board, seeking support. By nature, the utility industry is natural-monopoly, meaning the consumers don't have a lot of choices. But I hope the fellow consumers will not remain silent when they see a problem. Let's voice out our opinion, and don't let the utility companies take it for granted!

I am a single mother of two girls. My bill isn't high because I make sure everything is turned off and use heat/air conditioning in moderation, however, no matter what I try it seems my bill is always the same. When I called PSE&G to discuss they say it is accurate but I have never seen anyone read the meter. Also, my bill was 697.93, I was required to pay 500.00 because they turned my service off without notice. This isn't the first time before I was required to pay 480.00 on a 500.00 bill. I don't understand this method when you need to cook/take care of your children... etc. They are not willing to work with you.

Now, this isn't even the basis of my complaint. After paying the majority of the bill @ 7:30 am they still have not arrived to turn the service back on. Which is ironic because when they turned it off it was 9:00 am. I took off of work and wasted a day and they still aren't here. This has happened before and they say their hours are until 12 am however at that time the rep hadn't arrived until 1:30 am. It is really ashamed that they are the only electric company in the area, we should be able to choose who we can go to. They get away with murder and no one seems to care.

I try not to talk in absolutes, but I have NEVER had a positive experience with PSE&G or anyone affiliated with it. They are truly a horrible, horrible company. I've been stood up for appointments, and then been told by service representatives that this is somehow my fault (i.e. I never actually had an appointment and must be losing my mind). I've been put on hold endlessly by vindictive representatives who tell me they're getting a supervisor, but really are just passing me along to another useless service rep.

I could go on, BUT the kicker was getting written up with a code violation this afternoon by another idiot working for this company for "lack of access" to our gas meter. The meter has been set up the way it is now for the past DECADE with no problems, but today we must have gotten a service man who was having a bad day. I just can't take dealing with this company anymore. They are BULLIES who abuse the fact that they have a monopoly on utility service in the area. This review won't change anything - I'm aware of that, but perhaps someone else suffering through the frustration of dealing with PSE&G will take solace in the fact that they are certainly not alone.

PSEG are crooks and a bunch of bullies. They offered me an equal payment plan then at the year charged me almost $400 out of nowhere! Now I have a huge bill and they are threatening to cut my power. I don't understand the point of offering one price per month (equal payment plan) if you are just going to charge me whatever you want at the end of the year. They also make the billing super confusing and tricky in order to be able to charge you whatever they want.

Just 2 months ago, my daughter was moving into her first apartment and called PSE&G to set up an account and begin service. Upon speaking with customer service and giving the address she was told to come in person to the nearest PSE&G location. Although, she is a teacher and can barely make it before closing at 4pm she managed to go in but was told she needed more documents her license and lease were not enough. She had to proof beyond a reasonable doubt with other documents that she was not the former tenant trying to turn her lights back on. She faxed documents made calls and it was a terrible experience. PSE&G needs to train their representatives better so that they can give the proper information or know who to refer the person to. A customer should not have to jump through so many hoops if they have the unfortunate luck of moving into the apartment of a nonpaying customer. Their customer service is terrible!!

PSE&G has been that "honored" position of being the "only game in town" for SO long, that they literally DO whatever they want. They threaten. They bully. I've had a PSE&G guy come to the door and literally say, "I'm shutting off your electricity because you live in a NICER HOUSE THAN I DO!" (True story...) I recently paid them $2229 (in cash), (that I had to borrow!) to restore the electric that they shut off during a 95' day, even though I have a MINOR and an elderly person in the house. I am a single, struggling mother, and NOW they are sending me notices that they'll shut it off again if I don't pay them ANOTHER $1000+. These people are pigs.

I'm here to tell you that I will begin a class action suit that is SO NEGATIVE and SO DETAILED, that they will literally be shut down before it's over... I have already met with the most powerful class action attorneys in New Jersey, and it appears that there are literally hundreds of people who want this lawsuit to happen and will sign on immediately. How dare they treat people with such disregard and gangster-like tactics. This kind of BULLYING and CONTROL MONGERING STOPS now!

They've been sending the bills to the wrong address for 9 months, then cut off our power without any notice. They say it's our fault for not making the payment. How do you know when/how to pay if you don't send the bills to the right place? They knew which address to cut the power, though, even though it's the same address as the mailing address. Took more than 18 hours to get the service back. My mom has anxiety/panic disorder and kept waking up during the night because of anxiety (the technician didn't come until next evening).

Called customer service 5 times to change the address, but bills that they said they will send, along with the statement, never came. Had to email 4 more times after a month until somebody finally realized the address was different. HELLO??? That's what I've been trying to fix for the past month. Customer representatives have no sense of responsibility, and they keep shifting responsibility to us. With no communication going on within the company, I'm only sorry I'm sticking with them even after this incident. I used PSE&G for the past 15 years and am seriously reconsidering another company. If they can't even settle a small address change, I wonder if I can trust them with other things, like power for my home.

This company has no problem shutting off the power with no verbal warning in the heat of the summer. Despite the fact that we were making substantial payments every month, we came home from work one day and found the house dark, hot and food already starting to spoil. After making payment immediately on the phone, they said the best they could do is send someone within twelve hours.

The next morning we called again and were told someone would be there at some point during the day. They never mentioned that you have to be home for them to turn on the power! When we came home from work that evening we found a note on the door saying "sorry you weren't home"!! I was shocked beyond belief that they didn't bother to tell us or even call when we had given them our numbers and asked them to call if needed. This company does not care at all about their customers and will treat you in the worst possible manner. I am extremely disappointed and will be looking elsewhere.

I pay my PSE&G on auto pay and many times even pay too much so I receive a credit the next month. One month, a tech comes out to read my meter in May 2016, bill spikes for gas alone to $277 for one month. For the past 13 months, gas price ranged from $10-$50 because of their calculated averages. I asked for an explanation showing how they calculated one month at $277, what formula was used, etc. They can offer nothing. This company can charge whatever it wants and not be held responsible.

I applied 2 times with PAGE which is supposed to offer help for those with low income in 2015. March 27 and again in September (emailed all required docs via email at Staples). I had absolutely no response. No denial letter... Talking to these people are like talking to recorded people who are trained to say one thing only. I have been without power for weeks at a time off and on since then. PSE&G and this state of NJ is no help AT ALL! As a matter of fact Senator Diane Allen's office employee that I should pay my bills then I would have power! I am on disability!!!

I spoke to someone at BPU at 9:30 am this morning and still to no avail!!! I had to cancel a doc appt that cost 60 bucks to cancel that I have been waiting to see for three months. I am about admit myself into a hospital for panic attacks over this. I just paid this PSE&G company 600.00 on the 1st of July. I only have a balance of 864.00!! I am again without for the second time in two months!!! I WANT ANSWERS FROM TRUE PAGE ENERGY AS TO WHAT HAPPENED TO MY APPLICATIONS IN 2015!!!

I was scammed! My AC was running with no cool air. I scheduled with Worried-Free service and they came on Saturday afternoon. The tech came out and checked the AC unit. He said my compressor is flat. I asked him what could cause it. He said a leak, a dead compressor or both. He said he cannot check for the leak because it's not cover under the contract. I asked him if he could check if the compressor is dead or not to rule that out. He said he can't because he doesn't have the equipment to do it and the compressor is not cover under the contract. Before he left, I asked him if he can put some freon in the compressor. He refused to stating that it's against some state regulation.

I called an HVAC tech out to check the AC unit. He showed me the gauge for the compressor and there were some freon in it. It was not flat but was just low. The compressor was working fine. He didn't use any special equipment. He just used a gauge. He put some freon in the compressor. I called PSE&G Worried-Free customer service. They told me that the PSE&G tech stated in his report that he checked the AC unit and found it to be not working and suggested I need to replace the AC unit. Can you believe that! Why pay for the service if they cannot check or refused to check when it's stated in the contract they cover? It appears to me he didn't check the compressor and just assumed it was flat from what I told him. What a waste of money for this service contract! I cancelled the service contract and requested for a refund.

Called for a service call on evening of 7/4. Technician came the next morning. Diagnosed as being low on Freon. Discussed the merits of filling a leaking 25 year old system or getting a new one installed. We agreed best course of action was to fill system with Freon and testing again in a few months. System needed 4 pounds of Freon. Cost was $32/lb. Turns out to be a fair price for Freon. Overall a very good experience.

It has been since January I have been trying to put the service in my apartment under my name. My mother owned this house since 2001 and I have always lived in the basement apartment. In 2013 I moved in with an ex and my mom moved to the basement and rented out the first floor. In 2016 the people in the first floor moved out and I moved in because of issues with the ex. So I decided to put the PSE&G under my name. The people before owed money and they want to make me pay for it because my previous address never changed.

I have the same address for 15 years. So they say since I never changed my address and the upstairs meter and basement are the same I would have to pay the bill of 1700 dollars. 4 months later light was cut off. They still haven't helped me put it under my name. Service was never under my name so why should I have to pay somebody else's bill? All this company does is give you attitude and give you the run around. This is why we need more companies that provide the service so we won't be treated like **.

These people are the scum below the muck that sits under dog feces. Attempting to talk to them is like talking to a ** brick wall. I lived at another address and then moved out of my house due to a foreclosure. The house was basically an underwater mortgage. I filed bankruptcy and walked away from the house. Mind you bankruptcy is something that has been used several times by billionaire Donald Trump and the rest of these grubby bastards to avoid paying for **. I used it as an option because I was in an underwater mortgage on a cardboard house that wasn't worth the land it was sitting on. So this morning I called PSEG for service. I lease a condo. Now the person I lease from lives in Florida and I initially didn't want to bother him because he's retired and he's a pretty good landlord. I just wanted to take care of this problem without calling him. So I place a call to the PSEG office.

The representative was actually pretty nice until she got back on the phone. She was like "Well we can come out and make sure it's safe. But you have an outstanding bill so we can't do anything.” My thought on this is like WHAT? So then she says “Yes you have an outstanding balance.” I said “Yes that is correct but it is from another property that I had an air conditioner installed into (former residence) and I was on a monthly payment plan.” She then said yes, and then they transferred it over. Yes they did. Basically they added the other account to my new account to get it paid faster... ** greedy bastards. I hate these blood sucking **. So after getting no ** where with this fake ass representative I ask to speak to her supervisor who was ten times ** worst.

ANYWAY I explained to this ** that I’m a disabled American veteran, and I’m 100% disabled from the military and I’m a retired officer that lives on a ** fixed income. NOTHING! This ** wants to sit here and argue the fact that I have an outstanding bill. I said yes and I have been paying for it every month (MEANS NOTHING). Again he gave me some stupid scripted response. I then told him that he probably has some fat ** office supervisor sitting in front of him with 2 thumbs up. I hope ALL OF YOU CORPORATE GREEDY ** GET TAKEN BY MARTIANS!

SERIOUSLY... I have defended this country for what? I have been an officer for many years for what? For this? YOU GUYS SHOULD ALL ** DIE AND BURN IN HELL. I ** HATE PSEG. I hope you go out of business. If I ever become a billionaire I will provide everyone with solar panels so this company will cease to exist… They talk about people going around with guns and robbing people. You guys and COMCAST ARE THE BIGGEST GANGSTAS AROUND! DIE IN HELL **!!

Unfortunately, it has been my experience that PSE&G has lowered its standards for customer service satisfaction. From having my personal bank account charged for a business invoice to the inconvenience of having to re-explain my issues and concerns to a new representative each and every time I call in because supposedly even when I've received private extensions of particular representatives, I'm told that they don't have access to transferring calls to certain departments (but yet they have been quick to blind transfer me to another department or representative to pass the buck). Needless to say, the lack of training and lack of education provided to the representatives is quite evident as well as disturbing for an existing customer of nearly 30 years. There is no reason nor any excuse for the poor treatment I have experienced in the past several attempts to resolve an issue that was a result of an internal error.

On Aug. 17, 2013, I wrote the enclosed letter to PSE&G and never got a reply: "On April 9th, 2013 I got a WorryFree suspension of service notice (page 1) because I owe $158.65. (By the way, the notice was sent to an OLD address, though I had an address change requested a while back). At the end of April 2013, I got a bill (page 8) of $3,146.51 which to say the least I was SHOCKED.

After multiple phone calls to your billing dept to explain the difference between $158 & $3,146 – and getting NO answers, I went to your PSE&G office in Jersey-City who printed the enclosed pages 2 to 6 showing a computer GLITCH on April 24th, 2013 that has charged me 26 times the $19.01 & $34.10 charges all on the SAME day. Please CORRECT your error and send me an updated CORRECTION ASAP. I am very disappointed with your customer service and your billing errors that your billing dept cannot explain. Please STOP immediately all & any WorryFree service I have with you including contract #**."

I never heard back from them until about a month ago when I went to closed a 3 months PSE&G account and could NOT pay it because their web did NOT work for me to pay it. I was told I owe them about $250. I paid the whole about $250 balance with a credit card and got a confirmation. The account still showed that I did not pay. I went personally to PSG&E office in Jersey City and paid CASH and asked for receipt. It was a month later (end of February 2016) told that I have a credit balance of about $190 and did not get the refund. On same call, the customer service informed me that I still owe some money & could NOT explain why. I need help making sure they stop harassing me with conflicting accounts of what is going on. I need help solving it without having to do another pilgrimage to Jersey City PSE&G office.

Wasn't expecting this but it was a very positive experience with PSE&G yesterday. I was at work and wife called me that we don't have power! Asked her to reset the circuit breakers but still no electricity. Well I was cold yesterday. Immediately, gave the account number to wife and asked her to contact PSE&G. While at work, I logged into my account and reported the outage via online. I also, went ahead and called the customer service. Both the online and the live person told me that they will look into it right away and expect to make it work by 5 AM, and I was like this is never going to happen....

Meanwhile, my wife and I received phone calls from the technician about the power outage and we were told that we are in line. Around, 7 PM, a technician came home to check inside the home and found nothing wrong and told my wife that there is something wrong outside the wires, and left telling her that he may come back. Since it was cold, we went to neighbor (friend's) home to sleep.

In the morning when we came around 7 AM, WE HAD POWER. I am like WOW... When checking in the rear of the house where the meter is, I saw some flags (little ones) as well as light paint lines drawn in the grass leading to various directions. We were so grateful that PSE&G technician worked during the night time and get our power back. When we checked the electric clock, we determined that they restored it around 2 AM. Thank you PSE&G.

I have a PSEG account with my boyfriend who owns the house. We fell behind on our bill due to some unforeseen circumstances. We received a notice from PSEG saying that we needed to pay $688 by March 4, otherwise our power would go off. Today is February 25 and they shut our power off. How are you going to send us one thing thinking we had time to gather the money and pay the bill then go ahead and do something completely different? Isn't it against the law to do so? Not only that but it is still winter so you can't have people living in no heat.

I have been searching for numbers for PSE&G to do an energy audit in our home to be more energy efficient. I have called 18 different numbers and have gotten no one. I even called the state of NJ and they hung up on me. I have had professional energy auditors come to our house and tell us that our outside meter has something seriously wrong with it. Yet PSE&G comes out monthly to read our meter and they haven't told us anything is wrong. I am extremely upset with not being able to get ahold of them to fix this problem. Meanwhile our electric bill keeps going up. I find that they have no customer service help because if they did we wouldn't be having this issue.

I have successfully paid my bill online in the past. I recently log in to be redirected to a new password page and I can't find my pin number. But wait the pin number is not the pin number on your bill either! Who came up with this confusion? Also, the security questions will not save if you fail your attempt to login, you get to start all over again, really? I own my own business with website for online transactions and it is much less confusing. The PSE&G PIN number should be eliminated.

In the process of trying to resolve a billing issue for a family member in New York, I had several encounters with customer service reps who were just doing their jobs. Every company has policies and procedures they must follow or there would be complete chaos. I did not give up on my quest to gain satisfaction. I eventually connected with an employee who listened to my issue, helped me to resolve it and ultimately assured me that PSE&G has a renewed commitment to improving their overall customer service.

I pointed this individual to the various awful reviews online so they could reference them in their process of creating a better overall experience for each and every customer. I am hopeful for PSE&G's renewed focus and believe they will identify a balance to ensure that both the customer and company are satisfied at the end of each call. I believe this will reduce unnecessary frustrations, while being mindful of each person's time. Thank you.

After paying my bill upon my services being disconnected, I had to wait 2 days for them to reconnect my services back, even after calling them back with a confirmation number as proof of payment. I kept calling to check on the status of my reconnection order and the customer service rep was very arrogant and rude. I told them I have small children in the house and they still did isn't make it the same day. I believe this company should be investigated because I feel I was being punished for not being able to pay my bill on time. They are the worst company to deal with. Very frustrated as my kids could not go to school and I missed a day of work, non-paid! When they come to shut-off no one has to be in premises so why is it that when they come to reconnect, someone must be in the premises if not they won't turn back on. They don't even come inside the house. Uff! Very frustrated and freezing cold!

PSE&G Company Profile