New Jersey

2.4/5 (593 ratings)

About PSE&G

PSE&G Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PSE&G?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PSE&G?

Original review: April 22, 2022

I was impressed with the professional responses the PSE&G gave me regarding various utility rates for residential development and multifamily affordable residential development; in addition I wanted to know utility rates for commercial warehouse projects.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

I have 8 repair contracts for about 20 years. They have not had a successful repair yet. They broke my top range, could not get a part for my wall oven... so I researched and got the part but they would not put it in because they were afraid of harming my cabinet. My elite refrigerator needs service for two weeks. It took over a week to get the part (despite being very available locally). When they finally came to install the part it still did not work because they needed another part. Now they said I have to pull the elite refrigerator out so they can replace the next part. They can’t pull the refrigerator out??? All of a sudden I am asked to be the repairman. I spent lots of time trying to get the supervisor but he does not respond. When parts are ordered on an emergency basis it still takes an inordinate amount of time. This is simply unacceptable. I want a call from the head or worry-free service.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

I have 5 items on their plan and I plan to cancel all. First of all, it takes over a week for them to show up to check my dryer. Then I had to listen to an incompetent name Nick who just showed up just look at it. He had no intention of fixing it. I just listen to a bunch of excuses before finally he agree the belt was part of the issue. When I made the appointment I told the agent the belt was bad. I gave her the part # also, but that illiterate think everyone is an idiot. Since it was Friday afternoon his mind was probably on getting to his favorite bar. I don't think he has any knowledge about fixing anything. Not sure what qualification he had to get hired. These people are only interested in collecting a damn paycheck. If I have to wait 3 weeks to get my appliance I'd rather do it myself. Don't waste your time with this worry free crap.. It is a ripoff.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

Our heater stopped working one night and it was 10 degrees outside. Despite having the worry free, PSE&G’s earliest appointment was 24 hours later. Not only that, they were rude and condescending on the call. Our family had the worst night ever, huddled together near the fireplace all night without a wink of sleep due to the freezing cold.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Awesome company to have in this area. Produces a lot of power via hydro, wind and solar. I really like that and has a good program to install solar on home roofs. I will be installing solar in the near future.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

When we reported an outage, the physical response was less than 1 hour and soon after that, repairs were completed. Amazing, with courteous and respectful employees, truly providing a great customer experience.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I have been paying PSEG (Worry Free) $68.28 for over 5 years, very little calls as my equipment's mostly new. Since I bought my house I replaced AC/Heat, water heater and all my appliances are 5 years old. With the recent storm that we had my basement flooded a bit and then my washing machine wouldn't drain and spin properly so I called for service, got an appointment after 2 weeks and when the tech came he said it's because of a flood and he will not touch it. I am asking myself for all the money I have spent on a useless service.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I have a had a worry free contract for years and usually get good service. 2 years ago I had a tech come to repair my washing machine. He ordered a part. The whole process took a month. Replaced the part and it still didn’t work. Told me to junk the machine. Went on YouTube and found a fix. Ordered a $15 part from eBay. Fixed myself and worked fine ever since.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I have the worry free feature with PSEG. This weekend my hot water heater gave out. My basement was completely flooded. In all the years I have owned my home, we have never had a flooding problem. In fact, I live on top of a hill. The PSEG technician came to inspect my unit and stated there was nothing wrong with it and the foot of water in basement from wall to wall was seeping up through my foundation. I cleaned the water up once again, put some dye under the hot water heater and watched the dye run. I called in a plumber and paid out of pocket for a new hot water heater. Completely disappointed in PSEG and their ineptitude.

Original review: July 20, 2021

Register Ecobee 2020 no issues. May 2020 no issues, July 11 -20 Issues. I could only control AC 6-9pm till 5am depending on heat. Not only do they take over your thermostat- which I was supposedly to be able to control, but the thermostat would constantly go back to their setting even when they say they weren’t controlling it. The amt of power supplied to home- lights flicker, loose ring, on and off computer runs very slow. I sent email 2 weeks ago “0” done. Called 5 times -4 different explanation as to what program does how it works. I have only had AC (@76) refrigerator, internet & ring on. The weekly usage shows so much more usage. Finally off -I can control my home. I am a very unhappy person.

PSE&G Company Information