1.30/5

New Jersey

Need a utility company?

457 PSE&G Consumer Reviews

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

My washer was not spinning correctly therefore leaving my clothes wetter than usual and I would have to spin the clothes twice each wash session. A PSE&G Technician came by this past Monday and replaced a strip and said it should be fine now. Two days later I am washing a small load and during the spinning cycle my washer was making extremely loud thumping noise.

I opened the lid of the washer to see what’s going on and the top of the spinner came apart and ripped. Then the entire plastic cover of the spinner came off. Really not cool that I have to schedule another repair appointment. And I have to wait until next week to get it repaired. I normally wash my clothes every couple of days but now I have to wait at least five days to wash my clothes and it is above 90 degrees outside. Extremely disappointed in the quality of the work. He should’ve thoroughly checked everything before he left. His carelessness better not end up with me having to replace the washer.

Original review: July 28, 2019

While visiting West Deptford, New Jersey during the week of July 22nd, a line of thunderstorms swept through the area on the evening of the 22nd, and power went out in many homes and businesses. The hotel where I was staying, lost power around 3:45 a.m. on Tuesday, the 23rd. Even though PSE&G kept promising that the power would be restored and even posted times this would be accomplished, on their website, power was STILL out when I checked out of the hotel 28 hours later. I live in Florida, and the longest I have ever been without electrical power after a major hurricane (Charlie), is 12 hours. Lord help PSE&G customers if their area is hit by a major hurricane, considering a single hurricane wiped out service for over 24 hours!

Get expert buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: July 27, 2019

My husband and I decided to switch to solar in May. Our panels were put up the second week in May, and on May 26th, we passed inspection. We were told PSE&G would switch our meter in 4-6 weeks. That was 11 weeks ago!!!!!! I now have a pse&g bill for $250, because they are not doing their job. I never should have received this bill as they should have replaced our meter 5 weeks ago, and we should be paying momentum. This is completely disgusting and unacceptable!

Original review: July 21, 2019

I've been a Worryfree customer for 4 years and I have to say it doesn't matter what appliance they come out to look at, it's always the same "you might be better off replacing this" instead of "here's the problem and what we can do." I had a guy come out to look at my water heater because it wasn't heating the water properly, the tech looks at the unit and says "hmm, you might be better off looking at getting a new one because this is pretty old". When I told him I was a worryfree customer he says, "oh ok well that's different, I don't have the part but can get it delivered here." 20 minutes later part comes and is installed and problem solved. Now why he didn't know I was worryfree customer is puzzling since all the techs that have come to the house know I'm a member. But my point is the part was available and took like ten minutes to install, so it shouldn't cost that much to repair even if I wasn't a worryfree customers.

I have had to replace my Central air unit because the other one had reached its shelf life so I bought another and have had it for about 4 years, of course something goes wrong so I call PSEG to look at it and one guy comes out and says one thing, "oh it looks like it might be a coil issue and that's about $2500, you would do better buying a new unit." WTH? The thing is relatively new and shouldn't this be covered? The tech says, "I can't for certain because it could be a leak, etc." Looks at the outer unit and says the outer unit has a build up of dirt and other things takes my garden hose washes down the unit." Says that should do the trick, leaves and two days later the problem comes back.

Call for another tech. He comes out and says "no, it's not a coil problem but a leak issue that might make it better to replace it". Puts coolant in and is confident the problem solved, well WRONG! Week later problem comes back a neighbor. Mentions a HVAC company he uses, I call them. They come out and say, one part in the outer unit is faulty. They replace it and problem solved. Yes I paid a good chunk of change ($600) but problem solved and I'm enjoying a cool house. PSE&G needs to do a better job.

Original review: July 19, 2019

When we scheduled the appointment there was heavy rain and the employee that came to fix it came twice that day; during the initial appoint whilst it was still raining and after all of his appoints were done. During the original appoint he stated that he wouldn't be able to touch the AC, since it was outdoors and there was heavy rain with the possibility of getting electrocuted. He offered to come later after all of his appoints that day, but when he came back the rain started again. He stayed outside for about an hour to wait for the rain to stop, which it didn't. He told me to schedule another appointment for the next day which he also attended because he was worried about my husband had previously had two heart attacks and isn't able to stand the heat. He came and fixed the AC with no problems. Thank you Frank.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PSE&G?

Original review: July 10, 2019

I am raging over my last phone call to PSE&G NJ a few minutes ago. I'm calling to settle my bill and this disgusting, nasty representative, was so NASTY that I had to ask his name and what he told me was this, word for word... "You have a bad English, goodbye". I am furious and will take this to court for insult and discrimination. By the way... I speak near perfect English. What a miserable human being! Has anyone else been insulted by any PSE&G customer service reps?

Original review: June 20, 2019

I got a notice from PSE&G stating we need to replace our gas meter or our gas would be shut down. So, I went on their website and scheduled an appointment for a 9a - 12p window. Our address is set so that it's our landlord's office, which is two doors down, just the building # is different. PSE&G recommended we do this because our actual address wouldn't come up in their system, this was a year ago. Our landlord informed this was okay and everyone in the building does this. Anyway, in the comment section of the appointment, I put down the technician would have to stop by the landlord's office and get the key to the garage where the meters are. When the technician arrived, he called me and was insistent he couldn't do the replacement because the addresses didn't match.

I said I was home and would walk him to the office. He said no worries, he'll take care of it. I go downstairs to grab a package and see his truck is still there so I go over and said let's go get the keys and he says he cancelled our appointment and is about to leave! Without any notice, because the addresses didn't match. I was so mad! I kept saying it's the same property, owned by the same people, and this is what all the technicians for any company would have to do. The Fios people had no issues with this. I couldn't believe he did that while I was standing right there. I took a day off from work for this. He said he had to leave to go to another site for a gas emergency and he would come back, took my phone number and account #. He never came back.

Everything is automated, so there's no accountability for when something like this happens. Technicians don't actually read the comments section, and is confused. He actually left for another site, while I had a 9-12pm appointment window. Couldn't PSE&G reach out to another technician who's free for that emergency? How does PSE&G keep track that this happened to a customer and accommodate, or this doesn't matter to them? This was an inconvenience for me, because I couldn't do anything else the whole day. Now I have to reschedule and hope for the best.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Let me start out by saying that I did not have a Worry Free contract when I contacted PSE&G. My central A/C unit was not cooling the house effectively, so I contacted PSE&G (who traditionally has been very responsive). They told me that Labor would be $248 since I did not have a contract. The tech came on the same day. He told me I needed 5 lbs of freon to resolve the issue. And that the cost would be $90 per lb. He did not tell me about any additional fees. In my head, $248 + $450 ($698) would be around the price I would be paying (plus taxes). I agreed to the work. And the tech comes in with a bill showing an additional $195 for "Replacement Part Installed." When I called to ask what this was, the supervisor told me that it was for diagnostics.

THE DIAGNOSTICS LITERALLY TOOK 2 SECS AS THE TECH THE DIDN'T EVEN COME IN THE HOUSE, AND JUST SAID HE NEEDED TO REFILL THE FREON. The tech was NOT upfront about this cost. And I ended up paying close to $1,000. I would not have agreed to have them do the work if i knew this up front. The supervisor for PSE&G Worry Free (NJ) did not help in resolving this issue. I will not be using PSE&G again. Frankly, they are a dishonest company and worthy of zero stars.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I have had a worry free contract for many years on appliances. I called this week because my central air was not working. PSE&G Tech comes to my house, tells me it is a broken wire in my outside unit. Refuses to look at my inside unit at all because he was sure of himself. He said it would take a few hours to catch up so he couldn’t check if his fix worked. Of course the house was still hot and the unit still broken. Called them back. Tech comes today telling me I need Freon but he can’t add it because it’s not hot enough outside to know how much to add. Told me to make an appt when it is hot. Wouldn’t even look at my inside unit because he was sure that was the problem.

I called 2 other air conditioning businesses as soon as he left and they both told me they can absolutely add that to my unit no matter the temperature outside. I called back PSE&G to speak to a supervisor. They would only take my complaint and said the supervisor will call me back 24-72 hours. Done with them and these worthless contracts. Made an appt with a local business to fix it. Now I have to pay but at least they want to fix it and will add my Freon tomorrow. The whole worry free contact is a sham. Don’t do it!!

Original review: April 9, 2019

PSE&G makes you wait at home WITHOUT POWER for some guy to restore your power (FROM OUTSIDE) and gives you NO ABSOLUTE or estimated time for this restoration. My question is WHY DOES ANYONE HAVE TO WAIT for the guy to restore your power from a meter switch that is OUTSIDE of your home?

Forget trying to pay with Credit Card, there is a different number you have to call to get it sorted and THEN you have to call PSE&G back, to give them a confirmation number (which you have to go thru the entire system just to get a human on the line for). Whoever is running this show ought to be shot or needs new management. PSE&G, please use our hard earned cash & UPDATE your service.

PSE&G Company Information