2. Homeowners

New Jersey

3.8/5 (263 ratings)

About PSE&G

PSE&G Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PSE&G?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PSE&G?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

I have a Premier Hot Water Boiler plan and got some work done recently. In one instance, the tech (Mike) replaced the expansion tank. This was right after a winter storm (Dec. 18th). Then in Jan., the circulator pump was replaced (Jim). In both instances, the work was fully covered by the plan! Had excellent experiences with both techs, Mike and Jim. Both are very knowledgeable and were glad to field additional questions as well. The phone calls to set up the appointments were also seamless and I got very timely appointments. My boiler is working great! Thank you Mike, Jim and PSE&G WorryFree for the five-star service!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

We had our furnace, air conditioning unit, evaporator, duck work (very little) electrical whip and so on replaced at the same time (8/2020). The two gentlemen that came out and installed, did a phenomenal job. One complaint we had was customer service, they are terrible! I know, COVID-19 that’s all a lot of companies use as an excuse. Did I mention COVID 19. They were always that way.

After finally getting through to somebody in customer service for questions regarding seeing if I could get some credit toward the price, this woman I spoke to was allegedly from corporate. I mentioned to her that we had service contracts for over 20 years and it seems as if every time something goes on something that has a service contract, less and less appears to be covered. She was useless. We paid $9888.00. Yes that seems to be a lot of money but we took a lot into consideration. Not just rebates and pay over four years, with no interest, we know with that price they probably factor in enough to where if they were charging interest. Still better than having to put that chunk of change out at one shot.

We trust the service techs when it comes to the utility companies 100% for the most part. These guys and gals are hard-working, dedicated, take their time, knowledgeable and most importantly safety is paramount. Though I read a lot of reviews some of the products people were not crazy about mainly York. We still went with York unit/s due to the fact safety and not going to dance around with the price gouging then any surprises during the hook up with some companies. This was all out flat rate price. The only other thing we were a little upset about was the fact when the sales guy was doing the estimate you could hear the person he was calling to inform them of the job they told him how the heck did you come up with that price. So right there I kind of knew a bit of a game. Well hopefully no issues with the products.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 25, 2020

This house was built in the 70’s and the A/C unit is the one that was installed back when the house was built so we are talking about a unit that is 45-50 yrs old.... unit stopped working 06/24/2020, I called for technician to come take a look and PSE&G sent someone the very next day. Let me tell you, this guy went above and beyond... He replaced a circuit, a connector and some other thing... Then thank god he stayed to confirm unit was working because 10 minutes into unit running it suddenly stopped.... He said “your motor is done”.... I figured he will just give up and tell me to stop being cheap and upgrade to a new unit but instead he got on the phone to try to find a replacement motor, obviously there is no replacement motor for a 50 yr old unit so he tried using a universal motor and it worked....

Unit is now working great and I saw the bill and I would’ve have to pay $1178.00 but instead I paid $0 thanks to WorryFree... best decision I ever made enrolling and yes, machine will any day now die for good but this guy was out there for 4 hours working on it and got it to live a bit longer, even if unit dies tomorrow I’ll know it was because of how old it is and not due to poor repair skills. Couldn’t be happier. Thanks PSE&G.

PSE&G response

Good morning Fernando

Thank you very much for letting us know about your positive experience, we appreciate the feedback and are happy that your AC is working. I will pass the information on to the technician who made the repairs.

Have a great weekend.

Jacqueline

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

We have lived in our house for over two years. Our electric and gas bills were fairly steady and consistent with our needs for climate control. Then this past November, we received a bill more than double our typical autumn/winter bill. This bill was over $1200! Now we are being told that they instead undercharged us the prior three months, even though the meter was read each month and not estimated. How could this happen? Very frustrated and confused as customer service has given me the runaround on multiple calls.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

My gas delivery charges are extremely higher compare to consumption as well as the electric bill is way higher. Have my electric/gas meter changed to see if there is any improvement but none. I have had my HVAC system (High efficiency including iComfort Thermostat) changed last mid year (Had 30 year old HVAC before) and no change in electric/gas bill at all in past 12 months. Is there anyone who can investigate this company for wrong billing and extremely high charges to customer. Called them multiple times but no response why the charges are so high.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

Hey everyone, today I received my bill for December to January and it shocked me because my bill is doubled the amount it was last month. Last month bill was $280 and this month's $437. I used even less gas and electricity this month because I did not have to cook and wife and kids were away from home. This is not fair. Few months ago same thing happened and I called PSE&G directly they told me the bill was accurate which is not true. But this time I will not be quiet. I will file my complaint to 1. The office of public utility council of NJ 2. public service commission of NJ. 3. State Reliability Entity of New Jersey. 4. Public Utility Commission. 5. Attorney general office of New Jersey. 6. North American electric liability corporation. 7. Utility Regulatory Commission. I hope I will get justice this time around.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

When PSE&G can gain access to your building they guess what they believe your bill to be. The problem is that they over guess and usually owe you money but they will send you to collections for money they owe you. I find issue with this because I am a snow bird and I don't use my apartment over the winter but yet through their system of guessing what they believe to be your usage. They bill me over $400 in charges for absolutely nothing. Then I fight with them all summer when I get back to correct the bill. It is frustrating because it's not like you can go with someone else to deliver your energy. This company sucks. If you have a problem like this I recommend that you take a picture of your meter and send it in because they are not to be trusted.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

The month before the end of term PSEG solar department estimate the meter readings so you have to pay at a rate of .04 up to .135 a kw. Mine is in August and I don't have to pay pse&g in the summer because I have solar panels. So I was due a credit because I had -825 unused kw. I paid $200+ that I wouldn't have had to pay if they read the meter. They gave me a credit at .02 a kw which came to $16.80. That is a rip off!!!! They won't answer the phone either!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

Was enrolled in Equal Payment Plan and used their Worry Free Payment Plan when I replaced my water heater. Everything was fine until the balancing month on the EPP when I started receiving bills stating I was past due on the Worry Free Payment Plan. They never credited the account for the amount they used in the balancing month. Then I received a double bill, they backed one bill out BUT this did not adjust the Worry Free account. Have been working on this EVERY month with customer service representatives (8 different ones so far plus a floor supervisor) so decided to just pay off the water heater.

Called Worry Free directly and was told that I owed 942 dollars and needed to call customer service to pay it off. Customer service had it listed as owing 1,175 dollars and added it to my current bill and then took off my credit of nearly 500. When I reminded them that I did not owe that much, they said they would put my bill under review. Just received a bill for the 500 as past due. They don't seem to be able to talk to each other and solve simple errors on their part. This started in April and I am STILL trying to resolve it for NOVEMBER. At least an hour to hour and a half call each time after waiting an average of 20 mins for a rep. Side note - had to ask detailed questions to find out that if you choose a didn't provider for your electricity the Equal Payment Plan didn't apply to that service, nearly doubling my bill each month. Will NEVER use Equal Payment Plan, Worry Free, automatic bill pay with them again.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

Updated on 10/17/2020: Management from PSE&G: over charge me for installing a dryer belt and staying less than 10 minutes the amount of: $370.00. The first technician almost broke my gas dryer and told me the the cost was going to be over $800.00. He was here for less than 5 minutes. The second technician was here less than 10 minutes. Management from Summit NJ. Refuse to give me a credit of $185.00. Even know I was given them a new Whirlpool belt and they refused. They wanted to come take the belt off and then they will give me the credit back.

However Summit Management refuse to take care of her customer for 30 years. I believe that this company has no morals and they stole me $185.00. In this times when this world is changing. The company should be fine and penalties and the 2 managers should be fired. The 2. Supervisors were nasty and very rude and very unprofessional when they call me on the telephone. They refuse to give me the credit back.

Original Review: 4 of the supervisor from Summit NJ corrupted, stealing from me and overcharging me. A gas dryer belt that cost $24.00. They charge me 2 time $185.00. Plus $184.00. Just for 5 minutes in installing a gas dryer belt. They are a Failure to me as a 30 years their customer.

PSE&G Company Information