National Grid

New England

Compare Utility Companies

Research top Utility Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am not a National Grid customer yet somehow I have been getting robotic calls on my business phone citing an account belonging to another person. This started happening a few months ago and have been increasing in number to the point where they're now leaving these messages every day. I have called them twice to get them to correct the mistake and each time I was told I needed the person's account number first. Yes, how am I going to know the account number of a total stranger? The second time I called them, they just told me to ignore the messages. One day later and I got another robotic call. They can't even be bothered to correct a phone number who doesn't even have an account with them.

My boyfriend and I moved into a new apartment this week. We called National Grid ahead of time to turn on the gas and heat. They said they could not submit this request until there was nothing "pending" on the account of the apartment we moved into. (No explanation offered on what this means, just hung up leaving us confused) even after we expressed concern we would not have utilities. There was a snow storm this weekend. We had NO HEAT OR HOT WATER. It was so incredibly cold I could not feel my hands or toes.

National Grid was of course closed for situations like this. I tried their customer service line. Considering I was freezing and our poor family (including my 85-year-old grandmother on blood thinners), I considered this an emergency. No hot water or heat is something essential to live and not catch a cold or freeze, especially elders, no matter if she lives with us or is just visiting. The emergency line said this wasn't a leak so this was not an emergency and said "I would be happy to transfer to customer service!" (Him and I BOTH KNEW that customer service is obviously closed, I had already tried calling. But National Grid obviously has no empathy for their customers to be comfortable with the most simple necessities such as being able to have hot water or heat, even after all the money that is paid to them.)

So now we get to wait SEVEN DAYS with a ridiculously inconvenient time frame of "probably Wednesday, between 8AM and 8PM." Can this company really not get it together and figure out that they might need to hire enough staff to help during weekends or times that are "not emergencies" when people are without heat, hot water, or electricity? Can they really expect us to take a whole day off of work so they can come whenever is best fit for them in a 12 hour time period? Horrible experience, as always, with this company. I wish nothing more than to be able to use another company other than being forced to have services with National Grid.

I could never understand why my electric bill is always so high until I realized the DELIVERY SERVICES CHARGES cost more than the electricity I use on a month. Charges that are asinine and should be illegal. I read the fine print on the back of my bill to try and understand what these separate 7 charges were. Basically from what I can understand, National Grid gets electricity from another major company and we pay those charges, so not only are we paying our electric bill, we're paying for National Grid to receive the electricity they then charge us for. This company is robbing us blind! They don't care how much they charge us people but do care enough to send an awful shut off notice if one month behind - too bad! Our government needs to step in and help us to regulate these bogus charges. I mean come one, you are literally charging me more for "supplying" me electric than I'm using!

I am disgusted and fed up with this "service." Not like we have a choice to go somewhere else anyway! TWO months ago, I paid my atrociously overpriced bill online, as usual. I notice on my bank statement that the payment of $500 went through twice. I called National Greed, who pretty much just blamed my bank. I call my bank, (who, to be fair, are no prize company either, who blamed National Grid.) It was most certainly taken out of my account by NG. They keep telling me they have no record of me paying that money twice. Well, isn't that convenient?! After DAYS of getting absolutely nowhere with any customer service, and $500 out of my account that just disappeared, I finally log into my old, CLOSED for 3 years, account. Back from when I had an old apartment. I find out that they "paid" that account with one payment, and the other payment on my current, active, and ONLY account. How in the world does that even happen?

I confront them and fax them all the evidence, which takes another 2 or 3 days. I hear nothing back from anyone. I'm calling numerous times a day, only to have to repeat the entire story, get nowhere, and start all over again. I speak to a "supervisor", another joke of a person, and the moron says he'll send out my check asap, expedited. 2 days later, what do you know!? Nothing in the mail. I call AGAIN. repeat the story AGAIN. Then this "supervisor" says the other supervisor lied and they don't expedite anything. That the check must go through a process and be signed by a manager. I wait 10 days like he says. 14 days pass, and nothing in my mail. Again, they try to blame my post office for it? The post office had nothing. I call another "supervisor", who says he can't find the check and will send out another one. I've yet to get these THREE checks they've been telling me were "sent out."

It has been two months of continuous, daily calling. Multiple times a day my husband and I are both on the phone with these idiots. There is absolutely no customer service, no organization. I am constantly hearing different stories. Even the one supervisor I am now speaking with on the daily has a different story for me. I have come to the conclusion that this headache will NEVER end, and that I will never see that money. I am taking out a complaint with mass.gov, and will hopefully get my money back. Now, they have the audacity to send me letters threatening to cancel my service because I have not paid the $700 I owe them. What about the $500 they STOLE FROM ME? They are getting a ** dime from me until I get mine from them. I can't stand this rip off of a "company". I hope the entire place goes up in ** flames.

On 2 separate occasions I have witnessed employees consuming alcohol while in company vehicles. After witnessing this activity and promptly phoning customer service to complain, I was met with what can only be described as a dismissive, condescending response by the agent I spoke with, prompting me to request a supervisor and was told that I could expect a call returned to me which I NEVER RECEIVED! This utility continues to operate on what can only be described as crooked bribery and corruption. Serious steps need to be taken by someone in the statehouse who is not influenced by such bribery. An external investigation of this company must be made to correct these serious infractions!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Grid?

Deplorable service. If I could give them 0 stars I would. National Grid turned off our gas instead of that of our next door neighbor. We called to inform them that they turned off the gas to our second and first floor and were told a technician would be out the later that day to fix the issue. Their technician came and didn't want to identify himself, he was rude, belligerent and unhelpful. He tried to claim he was only there to turn the gas on for one floor, we kept letting him know that it was two flrs. but he would not budge or assist. When he left his tools broke our railing, he states he put in a claim but would not give us a claim number or let us know the steps. After he left we noticed the gas was on for the first floor but no running hot water.

Called to complain about the broken rail and to get a technician to help turn on the second floor. Rep said she would send a note to the guy's supervisor to send us a claim form and would make a note to have a technician come in after I came home from work at 6. A technician came when nobody was home at 5:20pm. Called again when I got home and was told no technicians could come that night and that I would have to call the following day for a technician, even though I mentioned we had a child in the house and couldn't afford to have no heat/gas.

Called the next day when I got home and was told the systems were down and no technician could come and that I should try again the next day. So now 2 days with no gas. Called the following day and was told a technician would be there that evening, after 2/3 hours with no one on site we called and the customer service rep stated she saw nothing in the system to show that a technician would be coming but there was something for tomorrow.

At this point I'd had enough. I told her we would not be waiting till tomorrow when a technician was promised to us that night. That we had a sick kid and needed someone there that night as we had no gas and no hot water. I was told she would send me to a supervisor. She placed me on hold and then after 5 minutes I was sent to a voicemail. I called back and all of a sudden they were closed for business. All I want is to get gas again. My niece is sick and has 102 fever and we have no gas, to make her soup, no heat and no hot water. This is beyond unacceptable.

Charging me for 7 months even after I cancelled my acc. They called me yesterday asking me to pay a balance of $500+. I said fine and complained why my electric bill coming so high, they said it was my gas. I told him I don't have access to gas in my home. That's when things got weird, they claim I never canceled where I spent a week canceling and transferring accounts with my beloved wife. And they said they have no record. They transferred my electric bill to the new address and what are they talking about? I feel betrayed and they are claiming something that it is not true. I need a lawyer and I have the means to pay for legal action as long as it takes.

I could never understand why my electric bill was always so high when I am really good about not wasting electricity, finally I studied my most recent bill, which was for the month of January, and I was shocked! For the electricity I used it was 141.22, not bad considering it was January and there are 6 people who live in my house, but my total bill was 289.73... Searched my bill and there it was, the DELIVERY SERVICES CHARGE. 148.51. It cost more just to have electricity than what I used that month. Charges that are asinine and should be illegal. I read the fine print on the back of my bill to try and understand what these separate 7 charges were. Basically from what I can understand, National Grid gets electricity from another major company and we pay those charges, so not only are we paying our electric bill, we're paying for National Grid to receive the electricity they then charge us for.

I live in a city that the only available company for electricity is National Grid so I'm stuck paying a double bill every month. These " delivery service charges" seem to be doubling every year and it's not right. Electricity is not man made and should not cost an arm and leg to be warm or have lights, or cook or anything else. This company doesn't care how much they take from people or how it affects people's lives with the stress of not knowing if they are gonna be able to afford the next bill or get that God awful shut off notice.

Someone needs to make a stand because this just is robbery and evil! National Grid needs to get rid of these extra charges especially the one about them having an " energy efficiency program". All I've seen from that "program" is a letter every 4 months stating that my household uses the most electricity in my neighborhood. Funny, because every town I lived in, all those letters say the same thing but I know that is far from the truth. National Grid is wrong to do this to people and something needs to change.

When I was married and living in a home with my children my husband up and left and not too long after electric company came and shut my electric off. Well come to find out my husband was not paying the bill so I had to move in with my mother and she had a complaint against the company. Well they investigated and asked how long I was living with her and told her that I owed a bill for my other house and she said that has nothing to do with her house that me and the kids were living with her for a while.

Well National Grid took the bill from my old house and added it on to my mother's and my bill was over $1,000. Needless to say they did not care. They shut her electric off. I can't even believe that they did that all because she made a complaint against them and they basically retaliated. I can't even believe this is legal for them to do. My mother had nothing to do with my bill at my old house and I can't believe it. They added it on to hers. Sad isn't it.

I had a very hard time getting the service switched over from the builder of my house in St James to my personal name due to a street change name. I have to fax my deed over 4 times because I could finally get an account number. This morning I got a knock on the door and hanging from my front door was a door tag that had the builder's corporation name and my address as well as his bill amount and a notice they were going to turn off my gas.

I have thought the matter was handled months ago but just to double check I called National Grid and spoke to "CLARK" at 1:23 on 1/20/17. When I explained to him the issue he said, "It's not your name, it's not your bill." I repeated to him that it was my address which he responded in a nasty tone, "Why would you open someone else mail," as if I was his child. I didn't open anyone's mail. A door tag with my address and a note stating "We're turning off your gas" was left on my door. As an owner of several business you should assume nothing and never accuse a customer of anything.

Having signed up successfully for online payments for National Grid both electric and gas. Electric is more money each month but gets paid. If one is missed I get an email alert. Gas a different story however. They have all the same details but if a single payment is missed for whatever reason... no email alert, no letters advising, just a Termination Notice with a fee for sending the damn letter out. Their customer service stinks. The customer quality of care is non-existent. I am fortunate enough to be able to settle the money in full; others are not unfortunately and that can be scary. Shame on them. If someone can suggest a Gas provider in Massachusetts other than National Grid (I am new to the State) please let me know. I am truly amazed by the lack of competition/comparison companies in this business.

Last month I had a credit on my account of $413. After paying my budgeted amount of $90 and a heap payment of $374 and a bill of $134 I should have a lot more than $376 credit at the end of this month. $413 + 90 = $503. $503 + $374 = 877. $877 - $134 = $743. Not $376! I looked close. It said accumulated actual charges of over $400s! I called. They explained that they were going to lower my budget plan to $58 next month. I said "give me the money back." They said if they did that they have to cancel my budget plan. So now if next month's actual charges are a lot I will have no credit and no way to pay any more. Isn't this illegal? They should only be allowed to charge for actual usage!

I recently moved into National Grid territory into an apartment. The appliances all use electric, but there is a gas line running to the heat. The apartment is warm without having to turn on the heat - in fact it has never been on and no gas has been used. My bill is $0.00 for supply and $21 for delivery!! How can there be a delivery charge for something that was never delivered? Customer service insists that there's nothing they can do. If I cancel the gas service the $21 will be billed to the building itself which will likely leave me in violation of my tenant agreement. It must be nice to have a business licensed to charge arbitrary amounts for...NOTHING. Typically if someone charges for a service that isn't delivered, it's called fraud. Not in this case.

Scheduling an appointment is a joke. They are supposed to send a text and email to confirm appointment. That doesn't happen so you need to call several times to make certain that you are on their schedule. They give you a 4 or 6 hour window and then do not adhere to it. I have had 3 "appointments in the last 3 months" each time they were extremely late (over 3 hours) and 1 time didn't even show up, later saying they were there but no one was home. I live in a private house, had all the shades up, the front and back doors open and my kids jumping on the couch... I was home. Technicians used to be very knowledgeable and punctual, things have changed dramatically. I will not be paying for this "service" again!

I received my first after-meter reading and full bill from National Grid (Greed) in Central NY. I was shocked at the price and even more shocked that my supply use of electricity and gas was only about $52; however, just the TRANSMISSION charges were DOUBLE the supply costs for each electric and gas. I do believe last time I had a power/gas utility provider, the transmission costs were fractions or half of the supply. I'm waiting for my next utility bill to decide if I will keep them fully.

To turn on meter, the first date available is 13 days in November. They came to turn on the meter for a tenant next door (their door and our door is literally 2 feet away and meter is 12 inches away) but refused to turn on the gas meter. Says it's better to come back another day because they have too many appointments. So, wouldn't it be better to get this job done quickly so they can lessen their workload and service more customer? Also, the time slot is from 8 am to 12 midnight. Asked my building super if they come late, can he open the room to open the meter? His reply, of course NOT!! What company asks businesses to stay open till midnight for an appt.?

I want the right to use Coned!!! Is this the gov't's way for fair business or did someone pay off someone to get National Grid the business they are so poor at!!! If National Grid was to stop the monopoly "Coned", why is their service so horrible?? Ever been to National Grid office? Beware!!! Felt like I was walking into an episode of Scared Straight!

My electric was shut off without any notice because someone supposedly called to have the electric switched into their name on September 15th. Yet I have an active account for 3 years at the same address yet National Grid does not feel the need to check with me with a phone call or a letter. I go online every month look at what is due and pay it no questions asked. When I call the company to get this fixed they tell me I have to wait until Monday to get this fixed. 4 days later I advise them I have kids and animals at home and this needs to be fixed today. I ask for a manager and told I will get a call back in 24 hours. So here we sit in a dark home in the first snow storm waiting. I have never heard of such absurd issues going on. Do they believe in privacy policies or care about families???

Here I sit. At 2 a.m. in the dark. With 5 percent phone battery. But, I still HAVE to make sure this company is cited. In fact, I feel I may SUE. The monopoly referred to as NATIONAL GREED, cut off my electricity at about 2 p.m. today AFTER I had left for a 1 to 10 pm shift a half hour away. I got a call at work from my TEN year old that he and my 12 and 16 year old were home, but the electricity was OFF. I called NATIONAL GREED and after being transferred around for 20 minutes they informed me that it was THEIR mistake (I already knew this! As I had just paid my bill!). The woman assured me it would be switched back on by 10 pm. I was NOT able to leave my job and was growing increasingly worried by the hour. Finally, by 9 pm I asked to leave work, and they were not happy.

But, when I made it home by 9:30 my kids were starving! Their crockpot meal I always leave was not cooked thoroughly and I had to throw it all out. I got them fast food from the truck stop. I was afraid to leave the house for too long as to MISS the idiot, moronic company to have it turned back on. So now, here I sit. No alarm for school. I had to buy one with batteries. No heat. No security system activated. Anxiety at peak.

This company takes advantage only because WE HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE. They should be ashamed. And, a rep is not available to tell me what time they are coming... so I am trying to stay awake all night as I may have to take my children to shower at the truck stop before school. If only I could brew a pot of coffee! Oh yeah! I can't!!! I hate you. Every one of you! I will NEVER, EVER EVER vouch for any entity or support any entity or politician who has this company in their pocket! Go to **.

We got on in December 2015. The budget plan was applied for automatic phone # but it did not go thru so we called the following month and two months after that they send an old bill stating that it will be added to the current so we tried to make an arrangement but all they would do is demand all of the back bill and upset the matter so we stopped communications and left it alone. They waited a whooping 3 to four months to shut it off then never gave a 3 day notice knowing the low income status would make the household eligible for emergency funds and HEAP. They have been so disrespectful and rude!

I have a question. How much lead time is a homeowner entitled to with regard to major scheduled disruption and destruction of their property for scheduled work, NOT EMERGENCY WORK. We received a card in the mail postmarked 9-20-2016 with work to commence in 9-19-2016. When I called on 9-21-2016 National Grid insisted they were not here, not digging, not doing any work at all. Perhaps it was the Department of Public Works, call the Town Clerk. I did. After 14 seconds she had an answer for me. National Grid is installing a new gas line all the way down the street.

As a customer, especially, and a citizen am or are we not entitled to more information, not to be told a lie, and certainly more lead time in the event one or more of us had previously scheduled a professional landscaper to come in and do work that National Grid was ultimately going to destroy? Or am I mistaken in this view? Can anyone answer this question for me, they refused, reasons unknown. Total silence on the line with their Legal Department. Is 10 or 20 days notice too much? How about 30, that is how long I had to wait for a Nursery to plant 2 trees for me.

Is National Grid to be allowed, at any time, to do as they please, where they please, as many times as they please and no one polices their activities? I was of the opinion the Rockefeller, JP Morgan and Carnegie days were over. Is this Utility Company owned by a cartel? When you think about it the card's dates leaves one to believe National Grid is running the show. Citizens, taxpayers, homeowners, just here for financing their whims. Or perhaps I awoke to a bulldozer digging across my front lawn, in the wrong country. Transported in the night to a country where this activity is the norm.

I asked the question, silence. I asked why, silence, I queried their activities and lack of concern for the homeowner's only to be met with, "Do you want us to mail you a claim form?" No, I want answers and an apology, again same answer "Do you want us to mail you a claim form?" Think about what I am telling you. Card post mark date 9-20-16, work to begin 9-19-16. How does one back of a professional in that short a period of time, not to mention having to go through Syracuse and told "WE ARE NOT THERE!" You must be mistaken, no equipment, no scheduled work, it has to be someone else!

I did mention to their Legal Department that in 2015 you let me freeze after not showing for 2 scheduled appointments to turn on the gas to my new furnace. Again, silence, except this "Do you want us to mail you a claim form?" I gave up and hung up. Crying and obviously kicked to the curb. Any suggestions out there. They also did not like me taking pictures of their handy work on the day that THEY WERE NOT HERE! Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. I exceeded maximum number of file images so I could not show you front of my home before and after. I don't know how many this took, but DO YOU STILL BELIEVE THEY ARE NOT HERE?

I pay my bill probably 2 wks late due to 2 wk pay periods. Even though I always pay the bill, I ALWAYS end up with a balance. That CAN'T be possible. I'm being overcharged every month.

National Grid continues to take between 12-18 days to process a check payment. I believe this is so they can increase their profit by charging 50.00 interest on a 3000.00 bill. After 1/2 hour on phone their resolution is to go to their website and pay the bill. I operate 3 businesses and own 6 commercial properties. I do not have time to go to a website to pay a bill. It's arrogant of them to think I would. If there was another choice for electricity I'm sure thy would have a different attitude. Some of my properties use NYSEG and I have no issues with them or any of my other 65 vendors.

Hi. I would just like to inform you that I've encountered nothing but rude employees from your company during the 3 years of my obligated service with your company. Every time I call for explanation of my bill, I'm met with the most unprofessional behavior. Including but not limited to talking over the customer, failing a one call resolution, yelling at me and never solving my billing questions. My bills keep rising no matter how much I pay with no change in activity on my end and nobody can explain why they've went from $50-70 to $130-170!!! I am using no more electricity than last year. And thus happened BEFORE summer started. No air-conditioners no extra fans. I'm perplexed at the lack of true customer service your company offers to its customers. I didn't even receive a bill my first 3 months because I didn't fax them my lease agreement to prove I live there. Why the ** would I be calling to pay a bill where I don't live.

Anyway, by the time I FINALLY got a bill it was $300+!!! I don't heat with electricity and this was during March, April and May so no ac's. Eventually they cut my electricity off with NO SHUT OFF NOTICE. No courtesy what so ever! I came up with the money and paid it off... They shut it off on a FRIDAY no less. And they didn't turn it back on for FIVE days! I lost food! And in which I lost money. I haven't been able to catch up on this damn bill (which at its peak hit $800+!) Even though I'm on a deferred payment agreement. My bill went down and stated down between $50-$70 a month. I was catching up. But then out of nowhere the bills shot up! To 130-170 a month!!!! No change in any electrical usage nothing! And they have no explanation! They won't even send someone to check the meter because it's electric and it sends it calculations electronically so it CAN'T possibly be wrong.

This company keeps giving me the run around. Never helping me to catch up. No compassion. No need to solve the issues and HELP me. I'm just so sick of dealing with this stupid company and I can't even get away from them unless I move! Out of the National Grid area. They do not care about their customers. They do not care if you are extremely dissatisfied with their service! If you have a choice, do not choose National Grid.

Paid my bill on Thursday and had a reconnect order on Friday and they never showed up and I can't get a hold of anyone on the weekends, so now my child and I are in a hotel room until Monday!!! Worst company ever!!!

It's deplorable that after waiting on my porch for the service man to hear they came by and no one was home, and to add insult to injury, on a work day there is no one available until 24 later tomorrow 26 August 2016. It could not be done on the 24 August because allegedly the paperwork had not been fill, yet they push paperless. So much for efficiency. Very disappointing.

Moved into a new home in 2015 and with the chaos Of moving and all the craziness, I didn't realize that I wasn't getting electric bill. Got a call from national greed about my account, I told them That I wasn't getting a bill and it was a bill 3 months worth, so made arrangements, I continue to ask why I was getting a bill. They Couldn't understand why I wasn't getting a bill now this went on for quite sometimes. Meanwhile I would call and find out how come I wasn't getting a bill.

Finally in April I believe of 2016, I was frustrated to finally get an answer. The person I spoke with said they had me online, paperless! I responded that I wouldn't never gone paperless if she look back into my records - I always had paper and I couldn't have paperless because I don't have internet in my home! Now here it is in August 16, 2016, A guy showed up at the door from national greed and got very rude with my fiance asking about the money or the service will be shut off, my fiance said he had no money on him if he could come back in a couple hours that he'll have the money, but the guy was very rude and told him no, that he had to shut it off and that if he pays it the same day he would come back in the evening. My fiance call me at my job.

From my job I call National Grid and I was asked to pay $591 and they would turn my lights back on and I said okay and I said Can they send somebody out to pick up the check And could turn on the electric. They say that their people cannot take the money. So right there that's a double standard, they'll ask for the money before shutting off but they can come take the money then put it back on. I got on the phone when I got home from work and at the same time my fiancee paid the bill.

Then I spoke to a girl named Brittany and she kept apologizing and I kept telling her it's not her fault and I like to speak to a manager. I heard a man telling her what to do, I kept asking her to please let me speak to the manager - please let me speak to a manager. She kept saying that the manager was not around - how Convenient - I paid 693.91.

Now I have to wait for 24 hour for someone to come and turn my lights on. This is how national greed works!! Someone will hear this and hope someone that really cares calls me, by the way I didn't get a confirmation ##. I asked for the address for the nearest National Greed in my area, she didn't have one she couldn't find one. I asked her to please then to connect me to the supervisor's line which I knew that was BS. I got disconnected how you like that, I'm going to see if I have any rights about this matter because I am not letting this one go. My phone number is ** and by the way I never got a shut off so there!! I would love to speak with somebody in higher management have a pleasant day National GREED!

I am writing out of sheer frustration regarding the negligence of your company concerning a gas line installation at my home at the above-referenced address. Apparently, due to the aged gas lines in my neighborhood, National Grid contracted with Asplundh Construction Company, to install new lines. On Tuesday, 03/01/2016 an Asplundh crew under the direction of Nick ** replaced the existing low pressure gas line on my property. Almost immediately upon conclusion of this work my wife and I noticed strange sounds emanating from the waste pipes in our house which culminated with a total back-up of the system on Sunday, 03/13/16.

We contacted our plumber, on Monday who responded immediately. He excavated outside the house where the waste line connects to the sewer (which was where the new lines terminated). We discovered that the sewer vent line was cracked exactly where the crew dug to cut the old 4 gas pipe. We hoped that this repair would solve the problem. Asplundh personnel were still working in the neighborhood and Nick ** was available to inspect the damage and confirm that it was caused by this excavation. A shocking discovery was made when the initial dug began. In were converted to gas. Apparently, National Grid cut through our sewer line then too. A section of pipe approximately two feet long was repaired with duct tape and covered up! Obviously, this incident was never reported. I have video of all of this.

Unfortunately the sewer line remained clogged. Personnel from the Plumbing Co continued to excavate around the property, sometimes with the assistance of Nick ** and his equipment. Each time the line was snaked and examined by camera, but the clog could not be found. Later Tuesday afternoon the site was visited by Gary **, Nick ** supervisor, who came to the conclusion that the clog could not have been caused by this installation. He pulled his people off the site leaving us to continue on our own.

On Wednesday the Plumbing Co brought heavy equipment on site as the sewer line moved deeper and deeper underground. The high water table and composition of the wet soil caused the holes to cave in and flood necessitating the installation of dewatering equipment. All of this work caused large expanses of my driveway to collapse as well as the landscaping on both sides. By end of day Wednesday the location of the clog was discovered several hundred feet from the residence.

Excavation continued all day Thursday and on Friday morning we discovered that Asplundh had drilled right through the sewer leaving a gaping hole that eventually filled with mud and debris that ran the rest of the length of the driveway. National Grids supervisor (Jack) was on sight as this entire process developed and confirmed that this was Asplundh's fault, as did the Asplundh supervisor on the scene. There are extensive photos and videos which were taken by National Grid, Asplundh personnel, the plumbers and me. There is absolutely no doubt as to who's responsible. Adrian **, Lead Claims Investigator, DENY Claims Investigations was contacted.

Once the break was discovered, the lines were repaired, and the holes filled in. This work was not completed until Saturday afternoon, 03/19/16. Throughout this ordeal I was assured by National Grid repeatedly that if Asplundh broke it, they would be liable for the entire cost of the repair and restoration. The invoice thus far if $64,113.50. This invoice reflects the cost of the repair alone. It does not include the four days we were forced to stay in a hotel nor does it address the cost to restore the driveway and property. As of this writing we have no vehicular access to the residence as large parts of the driveway are missing and the patches are too soft to bear any weight. We had not started restoration because we have been promised continually that a settlement is imminent.

I called in to pay my bill, sent to automated system. It told me my total on acct was 29.98 (this was my 2nd bill at new apartment, no previous balance). Gave my info and it asked "do you want to pay full amount of 29.98". Said 'yes'. It then said "processing your payment for 405. Do you approve?". 'NO'. "Thank you for your transaction. It has now been processed".

Can't get ahold of a real person on weekends, even though the due date was on weekend. Called Monday and got a rude woman. She said there was nothing she could do. "You have to call within 24 hrs to cancel a payment." I asked "What good is the automated system asking if you approve when it doesn't matter I said 'no'. How am I supposed to call within 24 hrs if they are closed".

She replied "You were recorded saying "yes". You would have to call Monday". I replied that I said yes to the 29.98 that is legally due not a bogus amount of 405. That I was calling on a Monday at 8 AM when they opened, so why can't she stop it. She simply repeated everything she already had and said "there is nothing to do, but allow the payment." I stated I planned on putting a stop payment thru my bank if they were unable to remedy their own system malfunction. She then informed me that there would be a returned check fee. I asked to speak with a supervisor. Rep said they can't do anything else. Again I asked for a supervisor and she huffed and transferred me.

Sup's line was a general line for all supervisors. Rang and rang. VM picked up and left a message. 4 days now and still no callback. Before moving all I heard was National Grid was shady and bad service. Now I see it's true, how are they even in business?! This can't be legal. Very upset as now my bank account is all screwed up. I have to fight the bank (another regret getting Citizens 'cause it's close to where I moved). They are going to take 15 days to process the claim, which they "may deny".

I work nights and as such I am not getting to sleep until around 7 am in the morning. I explained this to workmen and most of them were great about it and stated they were willing to work around my time schedule coming to sort my gas meter in the afternoon (this is following new pipes that have been upgraded in the whole street and all gas meters have to be relocated outside the home). A NASTY workman came to sort it asking me to open the side door to my home and I explained I have lots of things stored there (suffering with C.O.P.D. it would have took me about an hour to remove the heavy boxes and tools etc) so I informed him, that he could gain access through my kitchen instead (all they needed to do was remove the gas meter and then block the existing pipework).

He then kicked off about that stating he is not being ** about and being verbally abusive and using very bad language and swearing at me and further stated, "It's okay I have gas at my house" and then stormed off! Obviously I reciprocated as I wasn't going to stand for that! I then reported him and the lady on the phone was fantastic. I guess the fact I work nights and held them up annoyed him, but I have a job to do as well, although I work unsociable hours. This behaviour is totally unprofessional and doesn't set a good example for the company! I have now been waiting in all day and another engineer was supposed to be with me within the hour. No one has turned up so I guess they have done this on purpose, leaving me with no gas for my 2 young children!

Being disabled with a rare disorder that affects many things from organs to going paralyzed and my breathing to being able to control my core temp as well as having severe asthma... Im unable to work anymore. Getting SSD that is far less than my rent, not counting my water bill, garbage bill, phone bill, car insurance, gas for car (for medical) plus $300.00 for medicines a month and household needs etc etc... I hardly use electric. My bill is usually about $47.00 for electric and $6.00 for gas. I need electric for breathing my machine and a medically needed air conditioner in which I was able to get a letter from my dr in order to keep my electric going.

What upsets me is, the less electric I use, the higher the delivery fee!! WHY?? If it wasnt for tripled amounts of delivery fees, and I paid just the amount I used, I could probably afford (somehow) my bill... Or close to it every month. But now, due to my bill being extremely high cause of this delivery fee and National Grid refusing to accept my doctor's notes, Im being told that if I dont sign an agreement to pay monthly, my electric that I medically need is and will be shut off soon. I will then be hospitalized away from my family which is not fair. I feel stuck. Dss will not help cause its not heating season. How fair is this to put a life in danger?

National Grid Company Profile