National Grid

New England

Compare Utility Companies

Research top Utility Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

To turn on meter, the first date available is 13 days in November. They came to turn on the meter for a tenant next door (their door and our door is literally 2 feet away and meter is 12 inches away) but refused to turn on the gas meter. Says it's better to come back another day because they have too many appointments. So, wouldn't it be better to get this job done quickly so they can lessen their workload and service more customer? Also, the time slot is from 8 am to 12 midnight. Asked my building super if they come late, can he open the room to open the meter? His reply, of course NOT!! What company asks businesses to stay open till midnight for an appt.?

I want the right to use Coned!!! Is this the gov't's way for fair business or did someone pay off someone to get National Grid the business they are so poor at!!! If National Grid was to stop the monopoly "Coned", why is their service so horrible?? Ever been to National Grid office? Beware!!! Felt like I was walking into an episode of Scared Straight!

My electric was shut off without any notice because someone supposedly called to have the electric switched into their name on September 15th. Yet I have an active account for 3 years at the same address yet National Grid does not feel the need to check with me with a phone call or a letter. I go online every month look at what is due and pay it no questions asked. When I call the company to get this fixed they tell me I have to wait until Monday to get this fixed. 4 days later I advise them I have kids and animals at home and this needs to be fixed today. I ask for a manager and told I will get a call back in 24 hours. So here we sit in a dark home in the first snow storm waiting. I have never heard of such absurd issues going on. Do they believe in privacy policies or care about families???

Here I sit. At 2 a.m. in the dark. With 5 percent phone battery. But, I still HAVE to make sure this company is cited. In fact, I feel I may SUE. The monopoly referred to as NATIONAL GREED, cut off my electricity at about 2 p.m. today AFTER I had left for a 1 to 10 pm shift a half hour away. I got a call at work from my TEN year old that he and my 12 and 16 year old were home, but the electricity was OFF. I called NATIONAL GREED and after being transferred around for 20 minutes they informed me that it was THEIR mistake (I already knew this! As I had just paid my bill!). The woman assured me it would be switched back on by 10 pm. I was NOT able to leave my job and was growing increasingly worried by the hour. Finally, by 9 pm I asked to leave work, and they were not happy.

But, when I made it home by 9:30 my kids were starving! Their crockpot meal I always leave was not cooked thoroughly and I had to throw it all out. I got them fast food from the truck stop. I was afraid to leave the house for too long as to MISS the idiot, moronic company to have it turned back on. So now, here I sit. No alarm for school. I had to buy one with batteries. No heat. No security system activated. Anxiety at peak.

This company takes advantage only because WE HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE. They should be ashamed. And, a rep is not available to tell me what time they are coming... so I am trying to stay awake all night as I may have to take my children to shower at the truck stop before school. If only I could brew a pot of coffee! Oh yeah! I can't!!! I hate you. Every one of you! I will NEVER, EVER EVER vouch for any entity or support any entity or politician who has this company in their pocket! Go to **.

We got on in December 2015. The budget plan was applied for automatic phone # but it did not go thru so we called the following month and two months after that they send an old bill stating that it will be added to the current so we tried to make an arrangement but all they would do is demand all of the back bill and upset the matter so we stopped communications and left it alone. They waited a whooping 3 to four months to shut it off then never gave a 3 day notice knowing the low income status would make the household eligible for emergency funds and HEAP. They have been so disrespectful and rude!

I have a question. How much lead time is a homeowner entitled to with regard to major scheduled disruption and destruction of their property for scheduled work, NOT EMERGENCY WORK. We received a card in the mail postmarked 9-20-2016 with work to commence in 9-19-2016. When I called on 9-21-2016 National Grid insisted they were not here, not digging, not doing any work at all. Perhaps it was the Department of Public Works, call the Town Clerk. I did. After 14 seconds she had an answer for me. National Grid is installing a new gas line all the way down the street.

As a customer, especially, and a citizen am or are we not entitled to more information, not to be told a lie, and certainly more lead time in the event one or more of us had previously scheduled a professional landscaper to come in and do work that National Grid was ultimately going to destroy? Or am I mistaken in this view? Can anyone answer this question for me, they refused, reasons unknown. Total silence on the line with their Legal Department. Is 10 or 20 days notice too much? How about 30, that is how long I had to wait for a Nursery to plant 2 trees for me.

Is National Grid to be allowed, at any time, to do as they please, where they please, as many times as they please and no one polices their activities? I was of the opinion the Rockefeller, JP Morgan and Carnegie days were over. Is this Utility Company owned by a cartel? When you think about it the card's dates leaves one to believe National Grid is running the show. Citizens, taxpayers, homeowners, just here for financing their whims. Or perhaps I awoke to a bulldozer digging across my front lawn, in the wrong country. Transported in the night to a country where this activity is the norm.

I asked the question, silence. I asked why, silence, I queried their activities and lack of concern for the homeowner's only to be met with, "Do you want us to mail you a claim form?" No, I want answers and an apology, again same answer "Do you want us to mail you a claim form?" Think about what I am telling you. Card post mark date 9-20-16, work to begin 9-19-16. How does one back of a professional in that short a period of time, not to mention having to go through Syracuse and told "WE ARE NOT THERE!" You must be mistaken, no equipment, no scheduled work, it has to be someone else!

I did mention to their Legal Department that in 2015 you let me freeze after not showing for 2 scheduled appointments to turn on the gas to my new furnace. Again, silence, except this "Do you want us to mail you a claim form?" I gave up and hung up. Crying and obviously kicked to the curb. Any suggestions out there. They also did not like me taking pictures of their handy work on the day that THEY WERE NOT HERE! Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. I exceeded maximum number of file images so I could not show you front of my home before and after. I don't know how many this took, but DO YOU STILL BELIEVE THEY ARE NOT HERE?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Grid?

I pay my bill probably 2 wks late due to 2 wk pay periods. Even though I always pay the bill, I ALWAYS end up with a balance. That CAN'T be possible. I'm being overcharged every month.

National Grid continues to take between 12-18 days to process a check payment. I believe this is so they can increase their profit by charging 50.00 interest on a 3000.00 bill. After 1/2 hour on phone their resolution is to go to their website and pay the bill. I operate 3 businesses and own 6 commercial properties. I do not have time to go to a website to pay a bill. It's arrogant of them to think I would. If there was another choice for electricity I'm sure thy would have a different attitude. Some of my properties use NYSEG and I have no issues with them or any of my other 65 vendors.

Hi. I would just like to inform you that I've encountered nothing but rude employees from your company during the 3 years of my obligated service with your company. Every time I call for explanation of my bill, I'm met with the most unprofessional behavior. Including but not limited to talking over the customer, failing a one call resolution, yelling at me and never solving my billing questions. My bills keep rising no matter how much I pay with no change in activity on my end and nobody can explain why they've went from $50-70 to $130-170!!! I am using no more electricity than last year. And thus happened BEFORE summer started. No air-conditioners no extra fans. I'm perplexed at the lack of true customer service your company offers to its customers. I didn't even receive a bill my first 3 months because I didn't fax them my lease agreement to prove I live there. Why the ** would I be calling to pay a bill where I don't live.

Anyway, by the time I FINALLY got a bill it was $300+!!! I don't heat with electricity and this was during March, April and May so no ac's. Eventually they cut my electricity off with NO SHUT OFF NOTICE. No courtesy what so ever! I came up with the money and paid it off... They shut it off on a FRIDAY no less. And they didn't turn it back on for FIVE days! I lost food! And in which I lost money. I haven't been able to catch up on this damn bill (which at its peak hit $800+!) Even though I'm on a deferred payment agreement. My bill went down and stated down between $50-$70 a month. I was catching up. But then out of nowhere the bills shot up! To 130-170 a month!!!! No change in any electrical usage nothing! And they have no explanation! They won't even send someone to check the meter because it's electric and it sends it calculations electronically so it CAN'T possibly be wrong.

This company keeps giving me the run around. Never helping me to catch up. No compassion. No need to solve the issues and HELP me. I'm just so sick of dealing with this stupid company and I can't even get away from them unless I move! Out of the National Grid area. They do not care about their customers. They do not care if you are extremely dissatisfied with their service! If you have a choice, do not choose National Grid.

Paid my bill on Thursday and had a reconnect order on Friday and they never showed up and I can't get a hold of anyone on the weekends, so now my child and I are in a hotel room until Monday!!! Worst company ever!!!

It's deplorable that after waiting on my porch for the service man to hear they came by and no one was home, and to add insult to injury, on a work day there is no one available until 24 later tomorrow 26 August 2016. It could not be done on the 24 August because allegedly the paperwork had not been fill, yet they push paperless. So much for efficiency. Very disappointing.

Moved into a new home in 2015 and with the chaos Of moving and all the craziness, I didn't realize that I wasn't getting electric bill. Got a call from national greed about my account, I told them That I wasn't getting a bill and it was a bill 3 months worth, so made arrangements, I continue to ask why I was getting a bill. They Couldn't understand why I wasn't getting a bill now this went on for quite sometimes. Meanwhile I would call and find out how come I wasn't getting a bill.

Finally in April I believe of 2016, I was frustrated to finally get an answer. The person I spoke with said they had me online, paperless! I responded that I wouldn't never gone paperless if she look back into my records - I always had paper and I couldn't have paperless because I don't have internet in my home! Now here it is in August 16, 2016, A guy showed up at the door from national greed and got very rude with my fiance asking about the money or the service will be shut off, my fiance said he had no money on him if he could come back in a couple hours that he'll have the money, but the guy was very rude and told him no, that he had to shut it off and that if he pays it the same day he would come back in the evening. My fiance call me at my job.

From my job I call National Grid and I was asked to pay $591 and they would turn my lights back on and I said okay and I said Can they send somebody out to pick up the check And could turn on the electric. They say that their people cannot take the money. So right there that's a double standard, they'll ask for the money before shutting off but they can come take the money then put it back on. I got on the phone when I got home from work and at the same time my fiancee paid the bill.

Then I spoke to a girl named Brittany and she kept apologizing and I kept telling her it's not her fault and I like to speak to a manager. I heard a man telling her what to do, I kept asking her to please let me speak to the manager - please let me speak to a manager. She kept saying that the manager was not around - how Convenient - I paid 693.91.

Now I have to wait for 24 hour for someone to come and turn my lights on. This is how national greed works!! Someone will hear this and hope someone that really cares calls me, by the way I didn't get a confirmation ##. I asked for the address for the nearest National Greed in my area, she didn't have one she couldn't find one. I asked her to please then to connect me to the supervisor's line which I knew that was BS. I got disconnected how you like that, I'm going to see if I have any rights about this matter because I am not letting this one go. My phone number is ** and by the way I never got a shut off so there!! I would love to speak with somebody in higher management have a pleasant day National GREED!

I am writing out of sheer frustration regarding the negligence of your company concerning a gas line installation at my home at the above-referenced address. Apparently, due to the aged gas lines in my neighborhood, National Grid contracted with Asplundh Construction Company, to install new lines. On Tuesday, 03/01/2016 an Asplundh crew under the direction of Nick ** replaced the existing low pressure gas line on my property. Almost immediately upon conclusion of this work my wife and I noticed strange sounds emanating from the waste pipes in our house which culminated with a total back-up of the system on Sunday, 03/13/16.

We contacted our plumber, on Monday who responded immediately. He excavated outside the house where the waste line connects to the sewer (which was where the new lines terminated). We discovered that the sewer vent line was cracked exactly where the crew dug to cut the old 4 gas pipe. We hoped that this repair would solve the problem. Asplundh personnel were still working in the neighborhood and Nick ** was available to inspect the damage and confirm that it was caused by this excavation. A shocking discovery was made when the initial dug began. In were converted to gas. Apparently, National Grid cut through our sewer line then too. A section of pipe approximately two feet long was repaired with duct tape and covered up! Obviously, this incident was never reported. I have video of all of this.

Unfortunately the sewer line remained clogged. Personnel from the Plumbing Co continued to excavate around the property, sometimes with the assistance of Nick ** and his equipment. Each time the line was snaked and examined by camera, but the clog could not be found. Later Tuesday afternoon the site was visited by Gary **, Nick ** supervisor, who came to the conclusion that the clog could not have been caused by this installation. He pulled his people off the site leaving us to continue on our own.

On Wednesday the Plumbing Co brought heavy equipment on site as the sewer line moved deeper and deeper underground. The high water table and composition of the wet soil caused the holes to cave in and flood necessitating the installation of dewatering equipment. All of this work caused large expanses of my driveway to collapse as well as the landscaping on both sides. By end of day Wednesday the location of the clog was discovered several hundred feet from the residence.

Excavation continued all day Thursday and on Friday morning we discovered that Asplundh had drilled right through the sewer leaving a gaping hole that eventually filled with mud and debris that ran the rest of the length of the driveway. National Grids supervisor (Jack) was on sight as this entire process developed and confirmed that this was Asplundh's fault, as did the Asplundh supervisor on the scene. There are extensive photos and videos which were taken by National Grid, Asplundh personnel, the plumbers and me. There is absolutely no doubt as to who's responsible. Adrian **, Lead Claims Investigator, DENY Claims Investigations was contacted.

Once the break was discovered, the lines were repaired, and the holes filled in. This work was not completed until Saturday afternoon, 03/19/16. Throughout this ordeal I was assured by National Grid repeatedly that if Asplundh broke it, they would be liable for the entire cost of the repair and restoration. The invoice thus far if $64,113.50. This invoice reflects the cost of the repair alone. It does not include the four days we were forced to stay in a hotel nor does it address the cost to restore the driveway and property. As of this writing we have no vehicular access to the residence as large parts of the driveway are missing and the patches are too soft to bear any weight. We had not started restoration because we have been promised continually that a settlement is imminent.

I called in to pay my bill, sent to automated system. It told me my total on acct was 29.98 (this was my 2nd bill at new apartment, no previous balance). Gave my info and it asked "do you want to pay full amount of 29.98". Said 'yes'. It then said "processing your payment for 405. Do you approve?". 'NO'. "Thank you for your transaction. It has now been processed".

Can't get ahold of a real person on weekends, even though the due date was on weekend. Called Monday and got a rude woman. She said there was nothing she could do. "You have to call within 24 hrs to cancel a payment." I asked "What good is the automated system asking if you approve when it doesn't matter I said 'no'. How am I supposed to call within 24 hrs if they are closed".

She replied "You were recorded saying "yes". You would have to call Monday". I replied that I said yes to the 29.98 that is legally due not a bogus amount of 405. That I was calling on a Monday at 8 AM when they opened, so why can't she stop it. She simply repeated everything she already had and said "there is nothing to do, but allow the payment." I stated I planned on putting a stop payment thru my bank if they were unable to remedy their own system malfunction. She then informed me that there would be a returned check fee. I asked to speak with a supervisor. Rep said they can't do anything else. Again I asked for a supervisor and she huffed and transferred me.

Sup's line was a general line for all supervisors. Rang and rang. VM picked up and left a message. 4 days now and still no callback. Before moving all I heard was National Grid was shady and bad service. Now I see it's true, how are they even in business?! This can't be legal. Very upset as now my bank account is all screwed up. I have to fight the bank (another regret getting Citizens 'cause it's close to where I moved). They are going to take 15 days to process the claim, which they "may deny".

I work nights and as such I am not getting to sleep until around 7 am in the morning. I explained this to workmen and most of them were great about it and stated they were willing to work around my time schedule coming to sort my gas meter in the afternoon (this is following new pipes that have been upgraded in the whole street and all gas meters have to be relocated outside the home). A NASTY workman came to sort it asking me to open the side door to my home and I explained I have lots of things stored there (suffering with C.O.P.D. it would have took me about an hour to remove the heavy boxes and tools etc) so I informed him, that he could gain access through my kitchen instead (all they needed to do was remove the gas meter and then block the existing pipework).

He then kicked off about that stating he is not being ** about and being verbally abusive and using very bad language and swearing at me and further stated, "It's okay I have gas at my house" and then stormed off! Obviously I reciprocated as I wasn't going to stand for that! I then reported him and the lady on the phone was fantastic. I guess the fact I work nights and held them up annoyed him, but I have a job to do as well, although I work unsociable hours. This behaviour is totally unprofessional and doesn't set a good example for the company! I have now been waiting in all day and another engineer was supposed to be with me within the hour. No one has turned up so I guess they have done this on purpose, leaving me with no gas for my 2 young children!

Being disabled with a rare disorder that affects many things from organs to going paralyzed and my breathing to being able to control my core temp as well as having severe asthma... Im unable to work anymore. Getting SSD that is far less than my rent, not counting my water bill, garbage bill, phone bill, car insurance, gas for car (for medical) plus $300.00 for medicines a month and household needs etc etc... I hardly use electric. My bill is usually about $47.00 for electric and $6.00 for gas. I need electric for breathing my machine and a medically needed air conditioner in which I was able to get a letter from my dr in order to keep my electric going.

What upsets me is, the less electric I use, the higher the delivery fee!! WHY?? If it wasnt for tripled amounts of delivery fees, and I paid just the amount I used, I could probably afford (somehow) my bill... Or close to it every month. But now, due to my bill being extremely high cause of this delivery fee and National Grid refusing to accept my doctor's notes, Im being told that if I dont sign an agreement to pay monthly, my electric that I medically need is and will be shut off soon. I will then be hospitalized away from my family which is not fair. I feel stuck. Dss will not help cause its not heating season. How fair is this to put a life in danger?

We had the worst storm I have seen in 50 years of living in upstate NY. Lots of trees, poles and power lines down. Our power was restored in about 16 hours, the National Grid crews were amazing. These guys worked from 1am until late afternoon on the 4th of July weekend, thank you! Also, I could track progress on the National Grid website, power back on as predicted. Amazing how quickly power was restored.

On June 18, 2016 I made a payment online from my bank account to pay my National Grid gas bill. On the next bill I was charged 10 dollars for a returned payment. The representative stated the bank would not pay them. I called the bank and there was no return. I asked the representative for the routing number and bank account number that the automated system used to process the information. The representative stated she did not have this information and that after the transaction it was erased. It is obvious that the automated system made an error and the information I provided was scanned wrong. Still I am expected to pay 10 dollars.

Have an issue with billing and am being told only a supervisor can correct it. They took my name and number 3 times and it's been over a month and still no return call.

When we first moved into our apartment, we had problems getting the power turned on. Apparently the previous tenant left a huge, unpaid bill. We jumped through the hoops to prove we were who we were and then had no issues for 8 months. Pay our bill on auto-pay every month, no issues with service. Until today. They turned our power off with absolutely no notice. When we called, we were told that the previous tenant still had not paid their bill and that's why the power was turned off. Barring that this made absolutely no sense whatsoever, we asked why we didn't receive any notice in the mail. They replied that they had sent the notice to the customer at their current address.

They refuse to turn our power back on until we fax the SAME PAPERWORK. We already faxed them almost a year ago and THEN we have to wait until they process it (4-6 hours) and then wait 24 hours more for our power to be restored. Today is Thursday. We may go the weekend without power because some brain-dead idiot at National Grid can't push a pencil faster or use common freaking sense that we have paid our bill every single month with the names we proved were ours almost a year ago. Losing my freaking mind. How stupid can they possibly be? How uncaring can they be to take their time in rectifying THEIR mistake?!

National Grid put in a new gas meter without notifying anyone. We only found out after we realized there was not gas. Went to check the gas meter and noticed there was a lock on it. Call them right away to find out why. At first they said there shouldn't be a lock there. After they check they said someone called because there was a gas leak. We asked why didn't they notify anyone if there was a gas leak? They lady said she doesn't know. It's not her job to know that.

We made an appointment and they said someone should be there within 3 hours. NO ONE showed up. We called back and they said it was reschedule for next day 8 AM to 1 PM. We told them if they can make it 12 noon to 6 PM instead. They said ok. So the next morning I called back to make sure they were coming at 12 to 6. We were told it's 8 am to 1 pm in their system. I questioned them on how they could have messed up the scheduling when they confirmed it will be 12 to 6. The lady was very rude and keep saying that's what her computer is showing. So I went home and waited. The scumbags didn't show up again. I am without gas for 2 days now. I have to reschedule for the next appointment. How can a company like National Grid get away with these things? It's like we customers have to beg them for services we PAY for. Only in NEW YORK CITY!!

National Grid switched our meters while we were gone. We received no mail or phone call stating they would do so. Because we were not at home, our gas was never re-turned on. We were initially worried that we had unpaid bills, but when we found out that it was on their side, we requested that they come and turn on gas ASAP. They basically gave us a window covering the entire workday. Being both professionals, we of course could not dedicate a whole day to wait around. The next day available involved a 6-hour window. For something that was on National Grid's end, the fact they had no desire to fix the problem they created is truly frustrating. Lousy company and if they were not a monopoly, I would request for other competition in the area.

Here's one for the books: I paid my National Grid electric bill a few days early using their phone service and my checking account. Did my online banking this am and learned Natl Grid deducted the funds TWICE, which made my checking balance go negative and my Natl Grid balance overpaid. I checked the confirmation email - the transaction was confirmed as a one time payment. Called the bank - they were great and told me to contact Natl Grid. Called Natl Grid, and they were HORRIBLE and blamed me for a payment error I never made. Still sorting this out. Meantime, I filed a complaint with RIPUC because Natl Grid took money from my account without authorization, which is FRAUD. Are there any class actions suits filed? If so, sign me up!

My bills have been running roughly $20-$50 a month since last July. This month I receive a bill for $610 and my usage has not changed. I've called and the customer service people can't help so I'm waiting for a supervisor to call me back. Does anyone have advice for me on how to handle this?

So this afternoon when l pulled into my driveway a National Grid van was parked in front of my home. The driver clearly saw me and when l exited my vehicle he pulled away. On my door was a collection notice. It was only when l decided to start cooking dinner that my gas was not turning on the stove. So my husband saw a "lock" on the meter. As l reread the note that was left it only states a collection notice that they were here to collect a payment NOT to shut me off.

If I could rate you a zero, I would. My mother was sitting without electricity for 24 hours! With a medical emergency! No technicians even took the service order until 11:30 today! Horrible.

I have been a good paying customer to NIMO for 30 years. In April 2014, after a cold winter and having some catastrophic expenses, NIMO cancelled my $323 monthly budget plan because I was 3 weeks late. I called them during this time period and asked for 5 additional days until I received my disability funds. The CS Rep said, "I'm sorry, I can't help you. You need to speak to collections", and transferred me to collections.

I spoke with collections and they were very nice. They asked me to fax all my monthly bills and income which I did. I did not qualify for any assistance but they stated they would reinstate my budget plan and the $3000 in accumulated charges that were due ASAP when they stopped my budget plan, would be spread out in increments of $10 each month. They told me my first payment wasn't due for 8 weeks, and I would get paperwork in the mail. I was thrilled, I thought my budget plan was back in place, and somehow I would pay $333 a month.

When I received the paperwork, it stated that my new monthly budget rate was $430 + $10 = $440. I called NIMO and told them, "if I could barely pay $323, how did they think I was going to pay $443 and how come the collections rep didn't tell me this 6 weeks earlier"? I have been paying NIMO anywhere from $350 to $500 every 4 weeks ever since. The overpayments in the nice weather get applied to the abrupt balance of $3000 they tossed at me. Some months only the actual bill is paid, some months it's underpaid. The max I can afford to pay them is what I am paying them. They have my account flagged for disability so they are NOT suppose to shut my power off, but each month they call me 50 times, send me termination notices, etc.

I am ONLY going to pay them $350-500 a month. It is zero degrees in Upstate NY today, and they already called me at 9am. What pisses me off is I know people who don't pay NIMO at all for 3 months, and they still have their power on. Their charges are outrageous, and I feel they purposely ended many budget plans in the Spring of 2014 and 2015 because of the extremely cold weather and they underestimated everyone's budget plans.

Instead of working with their customers, they hired more collections staff and waste MILLIONS sending multiple letters and making multiple phone calls to many of us now. I think their business practices are unethical, and I truly wish the gov't would step in and control what they can charge consumers. I also know they installed new meters that were over registering, but not sure how to prove it.

I have received a disconnect notice that they will shut my power off anytime after 2/10/2016 if I do not pay the full balance of $2391. They know my income does not arrive until the 15th of each month, I and ALWAYS pay them between $350-500 on the 15th of each month. I also made a large payment in Feb. 2016 when I received my tax refund. I've paid over $12000 in the last 12 months, some months my winter monthly bills were $800, which is absurd. Now, the coldest time of the whole season and I have no clue if I will have power between now, 2/12/2016 and 2/15/2016, when I can make a payment. It's ridiculous!!

Service was interrupted due to falling behind on the bill. Balance was about $1500.00. I called to pay balance and have service reconnected. First time I called the representative said I need to pay the whole balance in order to get my service back. I didn't have the whole amount. I called back again and another representative said all I need was 50% of the bill. Now I'm confused?? At 7:21am the next day I paid about 70% of the bill. They told me because I called early my service would be reconnected by noontime. I called back at 5pm wondering why NG hasn't arrived?? They told me the work order was in and tech would be out but could not tell me what time he would arrive. I missed a day's work waiting on NG so my kids won't freeze! So they finally arrived at 9:30pm. All I could say was wow!

Well it seem that National Grid has proven true the old adage "If you let business police themselves they will rob you blind". Looking at my bills before and after the installation of my Solar panels I see an increase of my bill from an average of $230.00 to $330.00 and the their meter reading going higher, though we have cut back on our use of electric equipment. This is the same thing that happened when the State first changed the working conditions from an electric Company to an electric provider with the state removing the control on setting prices so the consumer would not be hijacked by the power companies with more ways of charging you. The meter was replaced to "Upgrade" them to be more precise but in reality we saw an increase in electric use that would have taken one and a half of my home to use. Is anyone else seeing this? Please let us know.

BOTH myself & my mom have reported this problem a few times over the last few days. Still no one has came or assisted in any way. Still no National Grid... When I checked update it said no report of power outage for that address so I put in the info again... They better show up... I'm getting pissed. Wet laundry in washer since Friday, can't use stove, washer, dryer, heat. My room pretty much nothing...

I noticed on my bill that the delivery charges was more than double the cost of the actual cost of the gas. When I called NG their response was, "It is what it is. We don't make any money of the cost of the gas so we make it up with the delivery charges." It is ludicrous that this company can get away with such things.

National Grid Company Profile