3.7/5 (578 ratings)

About United Airlines

United Airlines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Airlines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Airlines?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

We were so disappointed to find that although United claims to follow strict masking guidelines this was NOT the case. On both flights...departure and return flights...once on board the plane, passengers would pull their masks under nose or chin and travel this way the entire trip. Returning we had a group of 8 come onboard all coughing and the masks pulled down on chin. Staff never asked them to wear masks correctly. So little disregard for their passengers prompts us not to "Fly the Uncaring skies of United."

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Price was very good and I appreciated it. However, my connecting flight from Houston to SFO looked like a can of hot sardines. No social distancing. 3 seats per row. We were on top of each literally skin to skin (closer than shoulder to shoulder) in economy on a larger plane, and the AC was blowing lounge warm air making the flight uncomfortable. I will give props from the TSA to the flight attendants. They were all courteous and friendly and both of my flights from Philly & Houston took off and arrived on time!

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Throughout my long exhausting time at Newark Airport with cancellations by of course Spirit Airlines, I was finally at the final stretch of getting a boarding pass, the machine started blinking red and needed assistance, there’s was only one person at 1:30 pm there and he was useless, he was discriminating because I was not **, I asked for him to look if I was putting the correct information on the kiosk and he said he was busy with someone, however, when a ** girl asked for his help he stop what he was doing and answered all her questions. I was so fortunate to have gotten help from Yoandra, she helped me with everything and was so friendly, everyone should be more like her.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

I want to write a POSITIVE review about our pilot. We had a weather radar malfunction during our flight. Our pilot turned our plane around for our safety, I am so happy he did!! THANK YOU!! I appreciate you sir!! I will fly United again!!

Original review: July 19, 2021

During the peak of the pandemic, both my brothers needed to return to their home country but on separate dates. United Airlines went above and beyond to change the return route for one brother because his original destination no longer accepted inbound international flights. All was done at no extra cost. United also changed the return route for the other brother for a very reasonable fee.

At the time when international airfare cost anywhere from several thousand dollars to over ten thousand dollars, United could have easily charged several thousand dollars more. But they did not. A typical airline ticket would expire in a year. United extended the expiration dates to beyond 1 year for both brothers in consideration of their situations. The brothers did have the option of using the airlines of their home country. However, those airlines do not always honor the ticket terms and conditions as United Airlines does. Those airlines certainly cannot hold a candle to the United Airlines' customer service.

Our family will always use United! I called the United Airlines on my brothers’ behalf each time to change their itineraries (because they couldn’t speak English). Therefore, these are my firsthand experiences regarding the customer service at United Airlines.

Original review: May 26, 2022

United Airlines is a terrible company, and I'll be sure to never fly with them. You shouldn't either. I recently paid for a plane ticket to meet someone in Nashville. That person lied to me, and after finding out, I quickly contacted United and the other airline to let them know that I had been lied to, and requested my money back. It wasn't any fault of the airlines, but I sent pictures of the messages, requested it before the date of the flight, and was told that because I bought a non-refundable ticket they weren't going to reimburse me. The day after the flight, I got an e-mail from Expedia saying that the flight was cancelled. I have requested another refund, and am awaiting a response. In the meantime, I'll be leaving this same bad review everywhere I can.

Original review: May 22, 2022

My whole vacation was ruined by United Airlines. I booked well in advance to get a deal only to be bumped and my seat sold to another customer for a higher price. I am now out my hotel deposit and car rental. I either shorten my vacation and lose money or cancel my vacation and lose money. How is this not illegal?

Original review: May 4, 2022

Called to use voucher, used United Airlines 1800 tel number,, got a confirmation email from United Airlines. When it was time to fly away it turned out to be a none existing booking, United blames it on 3rd party answers the phone, I paid for new tickets double, had a wedding to get to and hotel reservations paid for. United Airlines must take full responsibility for their actions.

Original review: May 2, 2022

Our flight was cancelled due to operational problems. I was notified on my phone and after going to several terminals, could not find a person to help me try to reschedule. I finally went to the United Club lounge, and was told they were short staffed. Our travelers are elderly and are smart phone handicapped. She reluctantly assisted us, even though she said she wasn't supposed to

Original review: April 27, 2022

Flight attendants make you feel comfortable. This is the first time I felt so comfortable flying overseas. They don't lose your luggage and arrives in good condition. Excellent service. I will travel with them again.

United Airlines author review by Erika Armstrong

With 723 aircraft in their mainline fleet and an additional 510 aircraft operated regionally, United Airlines has one of the largest passenger fleets in the world.

• Easy rewards: United Airlines has one of the most comprehensive and easy-to-use rewards programs out there.

• Tiered seating: Business-class, first-class and business-first-class seating is available to let travelers relax and stretch out during a flight.

• Free checked bag services: Business- and first-class passengers fly with no additional fees for a checked bag, barring oversized luggage.

• International travel: In addition to offering domestic flights, United Airlines travels to 57 different countries and offers services such quick checks on visa issues related to travel.

• Flight info on the go: United Airlines has an app that lets users book flights, check in, follow flight status info, see seat maps and more.

by Erika Armstrong Airlines Advisor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

United Airlines Company Information