3.5/5 (571 ratings)

About United Airlines

United Airlines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Airlines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Airlines?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

We are completely aware of your attachment to your pets and are aware of your desire to travel with them. So, in accordance with United Airlines' pet policy, you may reserve seats for your pets in the cabin or in the cargo hold, depending on their size.

Original review: April 27, 2022

Flight attendants make you feel comfortable. This is the first time I felt so comfortable flying overseas. They don't lose your luggage and arrives in good condition. Excellent service. I will travel with them again.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

We were so disappointed to find that although United claims to follow strict masking guidelines this was NOT the case. On both flights...departure and return flights...once on board the plane, passengers would pull their masks under nose or chin and travel this way the entire trip. Returning we had a group of 8 come onboard all coughing and the masks pulled down on chin. Staff never asked them to wear masks correctly. So little disregard for their passengers prompts us not to "Fly the Uncaring skies of United."

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Price was very good and I appreciated it. However, my connecting flight from Houston to SFO looked like a can of hot sardines. No social distancing. 3 seats per row. We were on top of each literally skin to skin (closer than shoulder to shoulder) in economy on a larger plane, and the AC was blowing lounge warm air making the flight uncomfortable. I will give props from the TSA to the flight attendants. They were all courteous and friendly and both of my flights from Philly & Houston took off and arrived on time!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

This company changed boarding gates (Gate 84 to Gate 70B) without sending any warning (text, email, etc.). We almost missed our flight and had to run to the different gate when we reached Gate 84 and no boarding was shown. There was no movies for the 5.5 hr flight, server would not connect and the stu's didn't care to help after being asked-have traveled with United before and it was very poor but this was the worst experience of any airline that I have had. Hawaiian Airlines has been the best, I will NEVER use United again or recommend it to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

4 hr delay (mostly due to incompetence) missed connection, no bag for 3 days, hardly any compensation for this, incompetent baggage tracking, inability to choose seats without paying (even 24 hrs before), rude and dismissive check in staff. The worst travel experience ever with the worst airline ever. Never again.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

Air travel is usually not a pleasant experience, but after several rough gos with United in the past, what is happening as I type is beyond. The lady next to me refuses to move her leg out of my space, and the guy in front of me repeatedly and forcefully reclined his seat over again as soon as he felt it hit my knee. I tried to be polite, they were awful. I then asked flight attendants for assistance, to which they shrugged and said there's nothing they can do. I'm stuck in a tiny ball in the window seat with arthritis in my back. This is going to be a brutal flight. They were already subpar by my standards, but they were the only option. If they're the only option in the future, I think I'll just pass. I'm being ripped off to have my back problems exacerbated because no one wants to even attempt to help. If I could leave zero stars for the cabin crew, I would. They have tiny seat space compared to Jet Blue, Delta, and American. The cabin is also absolutely sweltering.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

My fiance and I travel often every month and because of status (1K) we fly United. However, since travel increased, their customer service has declined greatly to poor standard. Club lounges are dirty.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

I booked through Priceline. 1st mistake. Canceled flight. United wouldn't refund even though the flight is still 3 months away. Yet I know Priceline can get the refund money. Won't credit it back to you either. Some law should be put into place where they just can't take our money and brush us off. Sent both priceline and United all information needed. Didn't even want the money back. Just credit it to me so I could use at another time. No go.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

I had recently been in a motorcycle accident and upgraded to first class seats to accommodate my injuries/disabilities. My first issue is that the staff refused to help me lift my bags into the overhead compartment, despite signage indicating that they would be "happy to." This violates federal disability regulations at the very least.

Then, on the return trip, the first flight (Durango to Denver) was majorly delayed, causing me to miss my connection. I was automatically rebooked to a middle seat, which I could not do with my severe injuries. They also refused to hold the 2nd plane, so I had to run across the Denver airport in under 6 minutes with 2 bags and many severe injuries. This caused pain and suffering beyond most people's worst nightmares for the entire flight between Denver and Newark. It also caused my recovery to take longer, so I was out of work for longer and nearly lost my job.

I also lost my in-flight meal, which I was depending on after a day of a lot of difficulty at the hands of United. Then, they refused to refund me the cost of the first class upgrade, even though I had been automatically rebooked to a middle seat. Overall, I will NEVER fly United again and may never fly again period after this experience. It also ruined the entire vacation for me, as now I am just filled with anger towards United. I strongly recommend you fly another airline.

United Airlines author review by Erika Armstrong

With 723 aircraft in their mainline fleet and an additional 510 aircraft operated regionally, United Airlines has one of the largest passenger fleets in the world.

• Easy rewards: United Airlines has one of the most comprehensive and easy-to-use rewards programs out there.

• Tiered seating: Business-class, first-class and business-first-class seating is available to let travelers relax and stretch out during a flight.

• Free checked bag services: Business- and first-class passengers fly with no additional fees for a checked bag, barring oversized luggage.

• International travel: In addition to offering domestic flights, United Airlines travels to 57 different countries and offers services such quick checks on visa issues related to travel.

• Flight info on the go: United Airlines has an app that lets users book flights, check in, follow flight status info, see seat maps and more.

by Erika Armstrong Airlines Advisor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

United Airlines Company Information