TripAdvisor

TripAdvisor

1.4/5 (34 ratings)

About TripAdvisor

TripAdvisor Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TripAdvisor?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TripAdvisor.com?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

TripAdvisor asked for our review. It was a positive review, however there were things we didn't like. They sent an Email telling us they will not post our review because of this. Their reviews are biased.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

Our needs always covered, our questions always answered, attentive and cordial people. Great staff who always look for the best things to make us feel great and in a real vacation and fun time. Kudos for Rich (the concierge) Jerry (chef) and Nuber from the reception and trips planner office.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

I booked a hotel room early morning. An hour later my kids woke up and one of them was sick. We decided to cancel our trip to Maryville Indiana Hilton Garden Inn. After calling to cancel they told us my refund was nonrefundable. So within less than two hours. I lost $250.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

I purchased a Tripadvisor Plus membership in order to get a discounted hotel rate through their site. Free cancellation was available before a certain date. A few days later, I decided to stay somewhere else and cancel my Plus membership in addition to the hotel stay. The Plus membership ($99) was refunded promptly. However, the hotel stay (about $1000) was never refunded to my credit card. The Tripadvisor cancellation confirmation email states "If you don’t see your refund in 5-7 business days, please contact your bank for more information." I call my credit card company and they said to wait another week. I did. Still no refund. I now have to open a dispute for this charge. Such unnecessary hassle for something that other hotels can do seamlessly with no problems.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

This review is for the Island Tour of Martha's Vineyard, by Viator/TripAdvisor. The morning of the Trip, I came down with a bad stomach bug, weakness, headaches...Wasn't sure if I had Covid-19. Since we had Pre-booked this tour several weeks ago, our card was already charged, 48 hrs prior to the Trip. I promptly contacted Trip Advisor, thru Viator & explained my situation with being ill. I told them it's possible I may have Covid, but wasn't sure. They came back to me later & refused to work with me to refund the Trip, citing the 24 hr cancelation policy. I told them I found this to be unprofessional to not work with me on this refund (amt is $108, no small figure), especially since we're still in the Pandemic & almost every travel operator out there is willing to work with you. Not these guys. A hard "we're sorry, you're out of luck", was their final answer.

Bottom line recommendation- I would not recommend pre- booking your trip using TripAdvisor/Viator..If you need to make a change, even due to Covid illness last minute, they will NOT work with you. Wait until you get here or book directly with your operator. Never again will I Use Viator for a booking.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

Purchased tickets in advance for S.E.A. World on Sentosa Island in Singapore. Once there the link to download the tickets never worked. The customer service at S.E.A World even tried to get the link to work but couldn't. Had to buy tickets again from the vendor. Once back in the states reached out to TripAdvisor and was told," Sorry about your luck but you're on your own, no refund from us." Never use this company!

Original review: June 10, 2022

I will continue to shade Trip Advisor on every review platform I can. Stop emailing me. I have unsubscribed multiple times. Every time I see an email in my inbox from this company, I will unsubscribe again and find somewhere else to put them on blast. I really don’t want to change my email address but if I keep getting harassed by Trip Advisor I might. It’s pushy, annoying, and even if I did decide to use their product, it seems that sucks too. Bunch of predatory cheese balls. Stay out of my inbox.

Original review: May 27, 2022

In Florida visiting my daughter, had an event for 5/27. My daughter got sick so had to cancel. With TripAdvisor you lose your entire payment if not canceled at least 24 hrs in advance. But if you deal with the vendor directly they will either give you a credit or a total refund. TripAdvisor is a good search engine to find out about attractions in the area, but you are now WARNED, DO NOT BOOK THROUGH THEM.

Original review: May 6, 2022

TripAdvisor works scamming in the hand of scammers and frauds. I warned them that a hotel in the Philippines is closed and they didn't poster my post. So this person can easily continue his scam activities.. I've someone warn you you better take action instead doing nothing. Stupid morons.

Original review: May 3, 2022

I have a short term rental and decided to try the new service TripAdvisor offers. I had a booking, and due to an honest mistake, both me and guest needed to cancel within hours of the reservation. Trip Advisor charged me $199 for the cancellation. Worse, they said on the phone it will be $100, but then charged me $199. Horrible, petty service.

TripAdvisor.com author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

TripAdvisor is one of the world's largest travel websites. It primarily relies on user-generated content to help travelers choose destinations and activities that interest them.

• Travel guides: User-generated travel guides help tourists find destinations and activities that appeal to them.

• Vacation rentals: TripAdvisor lets travelers browse vacation rentals by city.

• Mobile app: Travelers can download TripAdvisor's mobile app to use on the go.

• Ratings: Ratings make it easy for travelers to focus on an area's best features.

• In-flight features: TripAdvisor lets travelers search for flights that offer specific features, including Wi-Fi, power outlets and free baggage.

TripAdvisor Company Information