TripAdvisor

TripAdvisor

2.1/5 (78 ratings)

About TripAdvisor

TripAdvisor Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TripAdvisor?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TripAdvisor.com?

Original review: May 6, 2022

TripAdvisor works scamming in the hand of scammers and frauds. I warned them that a hotel in the Philippines is closed and they didn't poster my post. So this person can easily continue his scam activities.. I've someone warn you you better take action instead doing nothing. Stupid morons.

Original review: May 3, 2022

I have a short term rental and decided to try the new service TripAdvisor offers. I had a booking, and due to an honest mistake, both me and guest needed to cancel within hours of the reservation. Trip Advisor charged me $199 for the cancellation. Worse, they said on the phone it will be $100, but then charged me $199. Horrible, petty service.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2022

Tripadvisor readers beware: Tripadvisor is being dishonest in misrepresenting the Downtown Inn, Wenatchee WA. Trip Advisor kept all the terrible reviews about what used to be a Rodeway Inn and then they simply changed the name to Downtown Inn so the new ownership is unfairly carrying all this negative baggage about the old business which was discontinued under the Rodeway brand. In fact this property is not only under new ownership but has all new mgmt; all new office staff; many updates...and counting, and the property was rebranded and is operating independently as the Downtown Inn. If Trip Advisor is listening please don't slander this new business with the baggage of the old business. Either change the name back to Rodeway, or update the data to reflect the start of this new business so your viewers are getting accurate info. Any please give your guests a phone number they can actually use to reach someone on your website.

Original review: April 16, 2022

I had lunch here on Saturday 16th April and the service was pathetic and they charged a surcharge of 25% for the public holiday. This is unbelievable and it is the Saturday of Easter which isn't even a public holiday. How do they get away with charging 25% surcharge!!!!

Original review: April 9, 2022

I have been using TripAdvisor for many years to book vacations and have never had an issue. It is well known and trusted. Yesterday, I went on TripAdvisor to book a hotel in Spain. I booked a room for one night thru a company I had never heard of. Traveluro. It took a reservation one year out and it was a decent price. It said it was fully refundable, something I require to book in advance. Traveluro took the payment immediately, which was weird because when they give you a certain date to cancel by they generally don’t take the payment until that date. Then I received an email that gave details of the reservation that said it was partially refundable. That was the second warning flag. I Googled Traveluro and it is all over the internet that it is a scam company. They won’t give refunds. Reservations are not honored, etc.

I immediately called TripAdvisor and they told me it was my problem. That it didn’t involve them. I'M SORRY BUT IT DOES INVOLVE TRIPADVISOR!!! I was on their platform and they have a responsibility to do due diligence on the companies they are recommending!! I won’t use TripAdvisor again and I will do what I can to make sure everyone knows!

Original review: April 4, 2022

I purchased TripAdvisor plus when I booked a trip through TripAdvisor. I did not use the service again and forgot all about it. I don’t even know what it did for me to begin with. I forgot all about it until one year later when the subscription renewed. I received notification that my card was charged the 99$ fee. I immediately (less than 24 hours) called to cancel as I do not use, need, or want this service. I was shocked when they would not cancel and credit my account. They were quite rude about it and said, “You read it when you signed the terms and conditions” and that they’d sent me a 30-day “notification email”.

After hearing about this email - I searched for and saw that they did send had gone unopened because the subject line makes no mention of subscription fees and looks like JUNK mail. I thought I was just more junk mail from them—Who reads junk mail? They were again - quite rude about it and said that sending the email was enough - they did their bit - if I saw it or not. They did not care. They sent it. They then basically told me - good luck getting your money back when I told them that I was going to have my bank reverse the charges. I was truly gobsmacked by this policy. I think it is VERY shady.

I read one of their earnings calls where the Founder and, now ex, CEO said (paraphrasing)…that they have 1 million TripAdvisor plus subscribers… and that at 100$ each that adds up! I would ask —is that how you have to run your business for your shareholders…grifting money from subscribers? It’s like a dirty, almost illegal/ should be illegal direct-marketing scheme. That is what it feels like to be on the other end of your business model.

Original review: April 4, 2022

I subscribed last April 2021. Used it once. They send emails daily and I don't read them all as it's promoting deals. They said they send reminders but again you get so many emails from them who reads them all? I received notice they charged my credit card so I went to cancel and you can't! They won't prorate and it's only 2 days after billing?

Original review: March 31, 2022

Do not even consider doing any type of business with this company. They are thieves. They will auto renew your Tripadvisor Plus membership. I called the same day it was renewed and explained that I had the service for the first year and didn’t use it once so it made no sense to renew it. They were incapable of refunding the renewed $100 membership. Absolute thieves. Don’t be a victim like me. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES.

Original review: March 26, 2022

Purchased 4 admissions to the Burj Kalifa, on vaca in Dubai, Was charged for them and sent a QR code to get in. Did not did not did not work. 3 Burj Khalifa staff took One Hour one hour of our time and still couldn't figure out how Tripadvisor messed up. I called Tripadvisor, no real person answered. Had to buy 4 more tickets. Of 1000 bookings a few will go wrong. Do you want your vacation smacked down because of events like this? Stay away and book your events elsewhere.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

Member since years ago and my reviews never had a problem to be published. Suddenly, every time I write a review, TripAdvisor does not publish it and does not provide any reason. I feel that they are bias and only publish what they want — making all published reviews unreliable.

TripAdvisor.com author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

TripAdvisor is one of the world's largest travel websites. It primarily relies on user-generated content to help travelers choose destinations and activities that interest them.

• Travel guides: User-generated travel guides help tourists find destinations and activities that appeal to them.

• Vacation rentals: TripAdvisor lets travelers browse vacation rentals by city.

• Mobile app: Travelers can download TripAdvisor's mobile app to use on the go.

• Ratings: Ratings make it easy for travelers to focus on an area's best features.

• In-flight features: TripAdvisor lets travelers search for flights that offer specific features, including Wi-Fi, power outlets and free baggage.

TripAdvisor Company Information