CheapOair

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I have used CheapOAir for the past several years and to date I have had excellent service. When I called to inquire about scheduling issues I was greeted warmly by the person on the phone and they were able to resolve all my issues.

The booking agent was very helpful. We would be using CheapOair in future too. He was polite and professional. He knew his job very well and was compassionate. You should offer more services to new clients like us. CheapOair is a very helpful source of finding and buying air tickets with very affordable prices.

I have taken your services large number of times. In many occasion, the service to us has been very good (small improvement remain possible as transcription of frequent flying number, payment in several parts... etc... but altogether very good). The nightmare starts when there is a modification to be done on a flight. No email possibility. They request telephone 9 out of 10 numbers tried (800 numbers) do not answer... only an obscure number in New York answer. Long waiting... and a person with Indian language answer and ignore most of your problem and the basic geography. In some rare case, the person is very nice and knowledgeable (I had an Indian lady very nice and a guy from Philippines, very friendly)... But most cases, it is a real bad times. So please, improve on this. An electronic chat would be good. Telephones which would answer, people like the Filipino guy or the Indian lady... Thank you.

I have been trying to cancel a reservation with this company since Sunday morning. I mistakenly made a reservation and within minutes contacted the customer service agents. They explained that they would contact the airline to request the cancellation, but since it was Sunday they would need to wait until Monday and would call me back. Also, if you made air and hotel reservations you have to call two separate individuals to cancel the reservations. (So you get to have this horrible experience twice) They never called on Monday.

Today I was placed on hold by another agent, who had no notes of my previous call. He placed my call on hold and after 30 minutes the call was disconnected. I then called back and Rachel explained that she would have to call the airline to cancel the reservation. What is very upsetting about this is that I was told on Sunday that this was being done for me already. Once she returned to the line she explained that I would have to call the airline to make the cancellation because she was not permitted to.

I then asked to talk with a supervisor. I was put on hold again and she explained that a supervisor would contact me. I asked what number they would be calling and she did not know what number at first and after I pushed her for an answer she explained it would be my booking phone number. I would encourage anyone thinking of booking a reservation with this company to not do so. Their customer service is set up like a scam scheme of some sort and I believe they are purposely making the cancellation process as difficult as possible in order to just wear the customer down. I will be sending all of my details/phone records with names to the Better Business Bureau at **.

Booked a flight to NY from Chicago. Not the best price, but whatever. Suddenly have to cancel. Wait 62 on hold and get hung up on. Call back and eventually get a representative. Tells me if I cancel I get $164 credit, or if I reschedule I will receive a $200 fee. The tickets were $200. Easy choice right? Well wrong! If I cancel I get both the credit and the fee. In other words they charged me an extra $50 to pay an extra $200 all the while I had insurance to protect my "investment" which mattered not. So what's the moral of the story? If you book CheapOair and can't go, don't reschedule. I will never book with them again. Ever.

$50 cancellation fee for a booking made with 1 hour. Overseas call center staff seems a little perplexed using their computer system. To change a city it took an hour of back and forth and when I saw the city I was changing to was cheaper than the original city I am still stuck paying the higher fare for service charges which my scam artist sales rep could not list. ** way to spend an hour.

Call # on booking confirmation to cancel itinerary (Flights & Rental car) - CSR refused to cancel flight until I cancelled car rental... gave me the # for car rental. Would not cancel car rental until flights cancelled. Transferred back to CheapOair. Now they give me the phone # to travel insurance company who don't have 24/7 hours. So I tried the CheapOair website for booking cancellation... put in the booking # and instantly pops up to call customer service. What a runaround. Called back customer service # at the cancellation portal on the website. 2 hours later and still can't cancel flight (due to medical travel restriction). Worst customer service. CSRs speak poor English. CheapOair quick to take your $$ including Travel Insurance. Very unwilling to take cancellation. Let the buyer beware. Stay away from CheapOair.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapOair?

Cheapest airfares encountered on the web, less than the actual airline reservation websites. However, my experience with this entity reflects unethical and dishonest business practices. For example, right before purchase while my web browser was still open, airfare prices increased. Immediately after purchase, the same itinerary reflected its originally lower price. Contacting customer service, I was asked to send them a screenshot of the flights, but received no reply. Two reps even told me prices were the same as my purchased amount! After ticket purchase, I got a call from someone asking if they would like to reserve my seats, for a $40 fee. I refused their offer, and easily reserved the seats on each flight leg myself directly with the airline via their reservation website with the flight confirmation number. I guess they assume the average consumer is either lazy, or an idiot.

CheapOair is a rip-off and they stay in business only because they steal your money. They make money by "SCREWING" the consumer on cancellations and refunds. I own my own business and I would never take our customers money if we didn't do anything for it!!! I booked these 3 flights and then found out our Seminar was cancelled. I called CheapOair within 28 hours of booking these flights and they first refused a refund, only credit. When I got really PISSY with Ryan, he said that it will cost us $300.00 cancellation fee and he would refund the difference. Our flights are still 3 weeks away, they can fill these seats with someone else and yet, steals my $300.00 dollars. This was our first time using CheapOair and the very LAST...BUYER BEWARE!!!

Worst customer service experience. They could not verify my bank card even with all the information provided by me and by the bank as well. Several times I had to call them and get charged for the calls. Whenever we got to the solution and they have said they will call me back and from that point, I never heard about them. I had to call them again and again. One of their people hang up the phone on me. Because I am a student I am pretty price sensitive therefore I wanted to find the most budgeted flight ticket but after all of these issues I would never choose their website because they are very inefficient and their customer service is a disaster. In 2 days they could not sort out anything and at the end I had to cancel my ticket because they wanted to charge me higher price. If you have a chance do not choose this company.

At first I was pleased with my customer service I received this past Friday, but upon looking at my bank statements my account has been charged for over $1,100 for the flights I had purchased. I changed my initial flight because it was a flexible date within 10 min of receiving the confirmation email and was told I wouldn't have to pay the cancellation fee or penalty and had it switched to Monday May 29. I was then charged 2 times for that flight and was told about it over the phone but my account shows the both amounts being taken out. Then after the mix up I was told the price of the tickets would be around $75 per passenger and instead I got another email that said I had to pay a fee of $77.85 per passenger.

Normally, I go through Expedia for all my travel arrangements. But, this time, I thought I would try a new travel booking site. Boy, was I in for a big bad surprise! They supposedly gave me a "promo code" of $50 to book a flight with them, but on the back end they charged me $50 for a "service fee" for using their service! Their customer service department told me that without the promo code my service fee would have been much higher. Are you kidding me??? I found this out by looking at my credit card statement after I had to cancel the trip three days after booking it (more details to follow below).

When I first called them, it was to cancel the booking, because something came up at work and couldn't go during the week I had intended. They told me that I would be charged a $50 cancellation fee, and that I would not get a refund for what I paid, even though I paid $66 for Travel Insurance. What??? And, they told me that the travel insurance was only for an "emergency." Not only that, but they said that when I rebooked my non-refundable flight that I would have to pay $200 rebooking fee. The last time that I had to rebook a flight was through Expedia, and they refunded me immediately for the $200 rebooking fee (their policy). This CheapOAir service told me that they could do nothing about it, because it was the "airline's policy." Well, that's **!

After a couple of days of stewing over this, I checked my credit card statement. I saw the cancellation fee of $50.00... Okay. I found the original cost of the flight of $1059.60... Okay. Then I found a charge of $124.90. What???!!! When I called them they said that the breakdown was the initial service fee of $50 (even with the promo code!), $66.00 for the travel insurance, and the rest was for seat "upgrades." While on the phone, I was reading their policy about the travel insurance, and it showed that I was entitled to a refund of the travel insurance if I cancelled the flight within ten days of cancelling the flight. Why didn't the initial person I talked to tell me that when I cancelled the flight? So, after talking to three customer service people today, I finally got my $66 refunded and another "promo code" for $50 when I rebook my flight within a year (which I am sure I will be charged another $50 "service fee" when I rebook!).

Very professional, polite, and work hard to get me a very good deal on my tickets. I tried 2 other companies, and CheapOair tried the hardest to accommodate me. I've already recommended your service to a friend of mine. Thank you.

I finally booked and then a page came up that the booking couldn't be processed because the price of the flight had increased by $200 or so more than before. Immediately I received a call from a representative. He was very helpful and walked me through the process of booking another flight that was within the dates I wanted.

Ultimate worst company I have ever dealt with. I showed up to the airport only to find out CHEAPOAIR had cancelled my flight. After calling them they said they tried to contact me by phoning me. As an airline company I would expect them to know, when you are traveling out of the country you do not have access to phones back home. They did nothing to make the situation better and when I phoned them (4 different occasions) I had rude, unhelpful staff, who hung up on me mid conversation. I was left stranded at the Rio airport in Brazil. I had been traveling for 2.5 years before this and honestly this has been my worst experience thus far. Do not make the mistake I did. AVOID THIS WEBSITE AT ALL COSTS.

I would like to thank CheapOair for helping make reservation for Atlanta. The customer service person was very helpful and pleasant. The price for the ticket was very nice. I truly will tell all of my friends and family to use CheapOair for tickets. Thank you for helping me visit my love one.

I wish that I had written down the name of the person who was so gracious in help with making our reservation. He was very understanding and was careful to make sure that he was getting all the information correctly on the booking, he explained that the information had to match our IDs’ information at the ticket counter once we were ready to board the plane. He went on to say that it could not be changed at that point. I also explained I would need assistance to the plane because of the distance from the airport to the plane. He assured me that would not be a problem. Thank you for a very good experience, because this was my 1st time talking with Southwest Airlines.

I booked 3 tickets from CheapOair last night. They didn't send email to confirm anything before booking, just charged my credit card. I asked them to change my daughter's name when I saw the E-ticket. They missed a letter. It took me whole hour to be on the phone and paid $$ for their mistake. It is not a satisfied experience at all!!

My traveling partner made her reservation. Hung up, I called back. Ask for senior citizen price!! My ticket went up 50$ in a matter of 5 minutes versus hers. What gives??? 50$ in 5 minutes. I had no other choice but book the flight. I want to know why the cost went up so quick!! This really has put a damper on my trip. Friends name is Delphine ** and we are on the same flight. This just seems so unfair!!!! Thanks for an explanation.

They a rip off. I bought two tickets from the agent. 30 minutes later I found on their own site better dates and cheaper. So, I canceled the old tickets and bought new ones. The cancellation was only 2 hours after the purchase. They charged me $150 to cancel the 2 tickets. Basically they lied and steal your money.

Your group were very professional and did a great job getting the flight I wanted and filling everything out. I would use your company again. I only thing was the price I found on the internet with you changed when I went to reserve. Would help if that didn't happen.

I had one issue when I was ready to purchase my tickets online, and unfortunately I had to call CheapOair for help. That and trusting the person who assisted me was the biggest mistake. I told her I wanted to purchase 2 tickets round trip. She decided to purchase One ticket to go and one to come back. So I basically ended up paying $656 for each ticket when their price was $328. I even explained to her I had locked the price through FLYER for $328.

At the end of the conversation when she gave me the total price I didn't analyze it, since I had given to her all the information regarding the flight number, airports and times, because I had done it previously online, not thinking she was going to do what she wanted, instead of what I requested. When I realized what had happened I called and according to the supervisor there was no way to fix the problem, he only listened to the end of the recording when I said "Ok, thanks for your help". He should have had in account my requests in the recording as well, which were 2 round trip tickets and confirmation number I had when I paid to lock the price for $328.

Customer service was the worst, they treated me bad. I spoke to 5 different people to be exact, to the point I had to tell one of them that the way he was speaking to me was unacceptable, they don't let you explain, and when you try they raise their voice. None of them even made a slight effort to help, I guess they received a training to be tough and not to help customers. VERY FRUSTRATING!

I am very happy with your services especially customer care team as I had problem with my travel and all issues has been resolved very proficiently. I would like to continue my relationship with CheapOair. Thank you all for your support and we will be in touch.

On 05/16/16, I bought a $500 flight to Spain and booked through CheapOair for the first time. Today 05/17/17, I had to cancel my flight because personal reasons. There were NO options to cancel online and you have to call their customer service. Since I was calling within a 24 hour window, I just expected that it would be a simple, free cancellation, like it is with all the other 3rd party sites like Priceline and Expedia. I come to find out that though I would get the refund for the ticket, CheapOair charges $75 FEE. The rep stated that he could "discount" the fee to $65, but cannot waive or make other changes because of the "computer system" which I feel is a false statement because if it can be reduced by $10, why can't it reduce the full amount or more.

I feel that the fee should've been CLEARLY written out on their website instead of being hidden under fine print bc if I knew then I probably would've thought twice before booking with them since I knew there was a possibility of cancellation. By law, the airline gives free 24hr cancellation so it does not cost CheapOair anything. In reality, it would not even cost time to speak with an agent IF we have an option to cancel online. I am very disappointed with my first experience with CheapOair.

I was satisfied with the Customer service agent and the overall experience with you guys. My only concern was for the amount of times I had to dial the number until on my third try I finally spoke to someone. This was because each time I called the automatic operator just repeated the same thing over and over with each step I followed. It became annoying.

The CheapOair agent who helped me was efficient, fast, courteous and professional. I was able to get a very reasonable fare, in spite of traveling in the high season. The process did not take long. I definitely recommend CheapOair. I recently recommend them to a friend who is planning a trip to Europe. I will add that it is very helpful to be able to book by phone and talk with a person.

Avoid this agency! They won't honor what they promised if there's a price change! Be careful that they don't offer free 24 hrs cancellation like their competitor like Expedia, Priceline etc. I booked two flight ticket through their website & then received email confirmation that my booking was successful. Then the next day they sent me email saying my booking didn't pass through since the airline increase their price several minutes after my booking so CheapOair won't honor the price I already booked!

(BTW, you, as a customer, has to honor what you booked otherwise, CheapOair will charge you more than $200 for a $300 ticket!) I called back & the representative told me not to worry. He's very positive my booking will go through. Asking me to wait for another 24 hours! I called them the next day & they said no way they could honor the original price! So they cancel my booking. If sth happens, looks like they always follows the rule: Cheapoair the first, customers the 2nd. Worst experience ever had. Will never do make any booking on CheapOair anymore. There are many agents with reputation like Expedia/Priceline/bookit.

Stevie was exceptional. He knows your products, and procedures very well. He booked cars in 3 different cities and 2 will be returned in a different city, he had to keep track of the flights and times from my bookings earlier with Bob on booking #s **. He has a very good rapport with his customers.

I was helped above and beyond with an issue with my first booking about my passport and got an even better deal. Instead of two layovers in the US it's only one now and discounts. The lady is a Christian and helped ease my mind on a lot of issues about my long flight that I am taking alone.

Very helpful this time. A few other times a great deal of trouble but Carmina in our all of 5/15/17 was excellent, very professional, courteous... Great job. Had no idea that CheapOair had a subsidiary company. I also am a customer there.

Stay away - they are shady and rely on small print to charge you hidden fees! I two airline tickets for international travel 6 months in advance. The fare was a good deal and they advertised a 24-hour cancellation no-risk and within an hour I had to cancel because the airline had a limit on the number of infants that could travel on a flight so as I was waiting for my child's passport, they required that in order to assign him onto the flight, I needed his passport copy (which was not yet ready).

I called back to cancel and only then was told that there was a $75/person fee to cancel, which is hidden under their legal terms. All major airlines as well as Orbitz, Expedia and other sites allow a 24-hour no fee cancellation, which is what a person believes to be industry standard. Their customer service is poor and unhelpful. Anderes their "supervisor" was of no help and merely only recites their legal type, which doesn't account for their false advertisement.

Also, it's so shady how they require you to read to them a PIN code to charge you for this cancellation fee. I'm sure their legal department has figured the workaround because, it's a superfluous and predatory charge to consumers that believe they're dealing with a reputable company. Here's what they make you do. "This is not a confirmation that your ticket is refundable or will be refunded. After we've received your One Time Password (OTP), our team will review the policies of the airline and make a refund determination."

CheapOAir delivered by far the worst booking experience I ever had. :( I'm professional Quality Assurance Analyst, and it takes a lot to irritate me and cause this review. There were a number of hidden fees ($59 for seat selection, $74 for canceling online booking within 30 mins, etc.) My reservation had multiple technical issues from minute one. 1) During reservation flow I got an error, however reservation was made. 2) I can't access my reservation after completing user registration during booking process. 3) Partial information perished to Turkish Airlines, so I'm not able to enter my information directly with carrier.

Customer care calls were totally useless – did not resolve a single problem! So I decided to cancel and re-book with Expedia. However there were surprising $74 cancellation fee per ticket even canceling within 30 mins! :( For my every inquiry on the phone I got "impossible" reply to fix my user access, assign seats, etc. And lastly, even without extra booking fees, total cheapOAir reservation cost was about $85 higher than with Expedia, along with virtually useless customer service, located in India, and hidden fees!

CheapOair Company Profile