CheapOair

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have used CheapOAir for the past several years and to date I have had excellent service. When I called to inquire about scheduling issues I was greeted warmly by the person on the phone and they were able to resolve all my issues.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The booking agent was very helpful. We would be using CheapOair in future too. He was polite and professional. He knew his job very well and was compassionate. You should offer more services to new clients like us. CheapOair is a very helpful source of finding and buying air tickets with very affordable prices.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The person who did got my call awesome and very good at helping me!!! And did my booking and amazing experience!! Thanks. And I will do it later again when I need to book another trip again. I will recommend your services to anyone who needs them ok.

Loved booking with CheapOair. I will be using you again. I need help so I called your number. My agent was. He was very helpful. Can't wait to go to California. I can't wait to surprise my father on his 87th birthday. I plan on surprise if him.

Three times I have called to get assistance with booking flights, each time the Representative has been extremely helpful. He explained what would be taking place and when, explained insurance and rental car and hotel reservations. He was very knowledgeable and extremely polite.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had worst experience with CheapOair. I had flight booking from Toronto to Ahmadabad month ago. Due to some reason, I had to change my booking dates but in the end, I had to cancel my ticket and had to pay cancellation charge (I canceled my ticket within 5 hours of booking). Then I had talk with customer representative and I booked new ticket. And I had to cancel that as well because I was not told that I need Abu Dhabi visa if stay is longer than 8 hours. I paid cancellation charge again so in the end I had no flights booked and I was down with $125.

P.S. In this kind of situation customer need good suggestion from customer representative which I did not get. Furthermore, I was transfer from one representative to another. They lack in customer support also when I told them I will report this they said, "Ok no problem." Also I am not denying that they have cheapest fair options but the kind of customer service one can get in this kind of situation, I did not get that and I end up paying $125 without any ticket. Disappointed with customer service and the way last caller replied. Basically I was expecting more from such a well-known site.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was evacuated from Hurricane Irma to Atlanta from Ft. Lauderdale. I was trying to book a flight home through Cheapoair. I saw a flight that wanted and booked it. I put in a specific date. When I got the itinerary the flight was on a different date which I could not use. I called Cheapoair within 5 minutes of discovering the wrong date. They said I had chosen alternate dates and would be penalized $50 to cancel the flight. They reduced that to $25. I called them to complain to no avail. It is not a very friendly user site. Just a warning.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapOair?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The person who booked my flight made a mistake in booking my return flight. When I printed it off the next morning I notice the mistake. I then called them and explained the problem and the agent took care of it immediately and said since it was our agent who made the mistake there would no charge for the change.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

On 9/18/2017, I searched for a flight on kayak.com, and kayak brought me to cheapoair.com. I booked the flight and because the overlay was too long, within 15-30 minutes I called the cheapoair.com customer service to cancel. They did not honor 24 hour free cancellation term. I sent them my screenshot both on desktop as well as on my mobile app, that cheapoair.com display about "Free cancellation". The customer service and the manager still did charge me $150 for cancellation. The website gives misleading message to customer and general public.

Resolution In Progress

I have booked Hotel online (Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport south) as per the attached email for booking confirmation and my credit card with charged for total amount of $ 432.99, then received cancelled email as per attached, then received a phone call from your customer services that Ramada does not accept any hotel reservation because it is full and if I want to change the reservation I have to choose different hotel. Customer services chooses for me Days INN Hotel and charged my Visa card for another amount of $432.99 while she advised me that she will use the same amount charged in the previous booking and she will not charge my Visa Card, but unfortunately I have been charged twice for one hotel reservation, one time by the system online reservation and second time by your customer services.

I am not satisfied with your service because what is happening seems bad. This is my first time to use your company and will be the last time and I will go back to my previous websites which is very reputable and respectable and never do that. I tried to save money with you but it seems that dealing with you will cost more time and money. Please I need my money back ASAP??? Review the email I have sent to your email **, it has all the support document which I cannot attach here.

These people LIED and told me that my return flight was canceled and that I had to buy a new ticket right then and there or I would not be able to go home... Furious and confused I bought a new ticket due to the fact that they said I would not be able to get on my return flight as it no longer existed. I go to check into my return flight. THE ORIGINAL TICKET WAS NEVER CANCELED. So CheapOair LIED to get me to BUY a new ticket AND kept the money from my original ticket purchased. When I called them, they said... THEY COULD NOT RETURN THE TICKET IT'S NON REFUNDABLE.

CheapOair charged me an additional $2,400 for the return flight... CRIMINALS. I asked for the manager. They said there was no manager!! After an hour of yelling on the phone they said they would call me back and they never did! So I called multiple times and no one would speak to me! I even have a document from the airline showing how CheapOair lied and my original ticket was never canceled!! We are in pursuit of you CheapOair and we are telling everyone... EVERYONE of your actions. What do you have to say for yourselves?? GIVE ME MONEY BACK YOU THIEVES!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The guy who helped me was FANTASTIC - went out of his way to help me get a flight that met my needs and budget - he was super friendly and polite and took quite a bit of trouble to get me the flight. I am very very happy with the service I got. ;-)

Resolution In Progress

Due to Hurricane Irma our flight was cancelled. We did get the confirmation of cancellation through the travel advisories and then through email from CheapOair. I tried three times to get a refund but kept getting a run-around by being told to call different numbers. All of their customer service calls go through India which is okay except some of the agents are very difficult to understand because of regional accents.

Today I went through the same issues and got nowhere. I then made a return call to my credit card to finalize the disputes to the charges made by CheapOair. Their fee and the actual fee for Spirit Airlines are two separate charges. Since they are the booking agents they need to handle all return fees. They try to get the customer to call the airline which is to no avail since they never booked you in the first place. So I won't ever use their service (or lack of service) again. They are not responsible for the disaster but they responsible to their customers. Beware of this situation. I still have no refund. I also have the booking confirmation code.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was very Happy when my friend recommend me this company. She used this company for flights and gave her good deals. But unfortunately I have a very bad experience with this company. I called to make a package reservation for Ft Lauderdale Florida from New York. I explained the sales representative I want something with good price and good location in Ft Lauderdale. The representative said it will be included flight, hotel plus breakfast. But the whole information he gave me was wrong. He said they gave me a good airline company and good hotel. They lie to the people.

First the airline company was Spirit a very bad company. They charge you for everything, plus as the time I get in Ft Lauderdale I have to pay for taxi to bring the hotel. Very expensive, additional they give a hotel very far from Ft Lauderdale. Close to the away. No stores even near. The place was 30 minutes far from the location. I was asked from the beginning, I have to paid everyday for transportation. So that means they did not provide transportation from the airport to hotel, no food places around, the breakfast at the hotel it was a coffee or chocolate with a little piece of muffin and they gave me a very far hotel far from everything.

The day I supposed to back for the hurricane issued this company Spirit charge me more money for my luggage and I lose my flight because of them. They didn't give hotel too. So please my advice to all customers is please find the right information and confirm everything they said. And please do not use this company. Very bad, lose your money and very bad service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I booked through CheapOair a flight to St Maarten. However, St Maarten has been badly damaged by Hurricane Irma? First, the place we book was also badly damaged and do not know when it will open. Had no problem getting reimburse from them. So today, my wife called cheapoair to get reimburse for the airline tickets. Initially they said no refunds and then said call the airlines JetBlue. Jet Blue told my wife what cheapoair needs to do on their computer to get our monies reimburse. Now understand as I am writing this she is still on the phone for three hours trying to explain what Jet Blue said to do. She has been disconnected 5 times but on hold 6 times waiting for a manager and one time waited for a manger to call her back.

As of now nothing has been resolved. The staff at cheapoair has a hard time listening and/talking (basically, do not understand English). Unfortunately, this was an act of nature that I had no control over. By the way, the airport is closed. I would never use them again & will spread the word around? In fact, I will call all of the New York news channels to see if they can assist me. So now, the resort is closed & the airport is closed. Is this a no brainer. My question is how can they not know that? You need competent staff & managers!!!

During my online booking experience, I inadvertently put the WRONG return date on my round trip airline tickets. Two hours later, when I discovered the error I was in such a panic, and not sure quite what to do. I called a CheapOair agent and within minutes he solved my problem, changing my return flight booking to the proper date. There was a $50 fee, but I considered that affordable since the error had been mine and my vacation was "saved".

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I recently booked a ticket with CheapOair, I selected the date that I wanted, the price seemed reasonable therefore, I decided to purchase. Once I input my information and submit, I saw that the date was change to an alternate date. That's not the date that I chose, why suddenly the date changed? I called the customer service number immediately and told them what happen. The agent, who could barely speak any English informed me that there is no fee to change within 24 hrs, however, to get the date that I wanted I would have to pay an extra $140 dollars.

Why wasn't that option available when I searched for the ticket, at least I could have opt or declined to purchase and at least it would be the date that I wanted. I told the agent that I didn't want to pay an extra $140 dollar and wish to cancel, he then told me that I would have to pay a $75 dollars cancellation fee. I didn't make a mistake when searching for the ticket, automatically an alternate date popped up, I didn't ask for an alternate day. I would NEVER make the mistake of purchasing from this company again, they are scamming people. I have to pay $75 dollars for something that was completely out of my control. This company should be reported to the BBB.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I booked my plane fare at CheapOair thinking I would be saving money. After the booking, $50.00 extra was charged to my credit card that was not explained to me. I booked this ticket May 22. 2017. Travel date was for Sept. 28, 2017. Wanted to make sure there is no penalty should I cancel so I was told to pay extra $19.95 Travel Protection which I did. Now, I could not go September 28 and called CheapOair today, September 13, 2017. I was told that there is a $50.00 cancellation fee! Not only that, I was not told that the Airline, Jet Blue also had a $150.00 cancellation fee! Again it was not disclosed. That is a shock to me!

Furthermore, my only option is call the Insurance company and submit a claim. CheapOair did not also tell me that the plane tickets were NON REFUNDABLE. Part of the reason I cannot go is because I cannot afford to go on this trip. This is a valid hardship. PLEASE DO NOT BOOK with CheapOair. Their way of business is dishonest. I cannot afford to lose $50.00 to CheapOair and $150.00 penalty fee to Jet Blue. My total ticket cost is $420.30. That $200.00 is an amount that could help me pay my bills.

I've used CheapO before with decent results, but after this one, never, ever again! My wife called to buy a one way ticket to Denver for Sept. 1, 2017. She booked it for 9/1/17, and all was well. An hour or so later, I pulled up her itinerary - the first screen that came up asked if I wanted to change the date to Sept. 4. I said NO. When the itinerary came up, it was changed to the 4th - which was absolutely useless for us! We called and went around and around for hours with them on the phone, and got NO satisfaction at all. They insisted on charging us $50 to cancel the flight that THEY had screwed up. I think the truth here is that the flight we wanted was not available at the price they sold if for on the 1st, so they changed it to the 4th! This is false advertising and bait and switch.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I required help on 6 flight legs between Boston and Christchurch NZ trying to get the biggest seats (I am 6'4" tall) that I could and still minimize layovers. I was very flexible on dates so there was a lot to look at. The agent was patient and very, very helpful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I booked the trip online and booked it for a date and a fare, when received confirmation email, it indicated a different date, so I called to cancel the reservation 5 minutes after receiving the email. An agent told me they will have to charge $25 cancellation fee per person (we are 4 family members). They left me waiting on the phone for 45 minutes, I called again and the new agent told me that the cancellation fee was $50 per person. Another 45 minutes wait. They really do not want to help. This is an easy way to make money.

I've used this website a few times. I love it. And even when I messed up my flight info I called them and they made the changes immediately. So awesome. They will continue to have my business. Thanks again. People don't like that they charge for bags but with these prices you can't beat it.

I am dissatisfied with the performance provided from CheapOair. I will never affiliate my time with this company. Wait time is too long and was transferred several times because of the lack of knowledge call service has to offer. It is unbelievable to not render a full refund of my airline flight considering the circumstances we were dealt. How could cheapoair not give out a full refund for my flight to Orlando during a state evacuation from a hurricane. Also to top it all off I was told if I cancel my flight there would be a penalty fee and there is nothing they can do because of policy. Very poor customer service. This is a highly unrecommended company that only cares about making money.

He was so helpful. Online booking was a nightmare and he took care of everything for me and is getting my son home to me!! I will for sure tell people about the awesome experience I had and how helpful he was. I truly appreciate all that was done for me!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

After I couldn't buy my Fiji airline tickets on your website, your representative called me and helped me purchase my airline tickets. I saved quite a bit of money over what my friends paid directly to the airline. I appreciate this very much. Thanks!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Perfectly Insane story: Just a couple of weeks ago we ordered through CheapOair the flights for our upcoming trip to the U.S - the trip includes three flights - From and back to Israel, and one flight inside the U.S. all British Airways flights. After making the reservations we noticed unfortunately that a mistake has been made and the flight that was intended to be from L.A to N.Y was ordered from Seattle to N.Y - probably our mistake. We innocently assumed that for a fair cost, we can easily change the destination but then realized that CheapOair charge over $200 Per ticket just to make changes in the flight itinerary. Adding to that the sum we already paid for the inner flight that we won't be taking + the new flight from L.A to N.Y it would cost over $1000 for 2 trips from L.A to N.Y (!!!!).

We then thought to avoid making the costly changes, to cancel our inner flight and just buy a new flight from L.A to N.Y which would cost around $240 in sum but then learned about the shocking policy of CheapOair and British Airways who's terms include the "No Show" clause (or should I say a twisted version of it): we cannot just not show up to one of our flights since that would result in cancellation of our next flight, back home to Israel, of course no refund will apply. The "best" part is that CheapOair will not let us cancel our flight unless we pay them over $700. JUST FOR THE CANCELLATION. This means that in any way we look at it our unfortunate mistake will cost us over $700!!!

The point in the "no show" policy that some airlines include in their terms of use deals with instances in which the Travel Agent fails to cancel a booking that is not required by the customer which leads to inventory spoilage. This is by no means the case - we are giving a full month notice that we cannot make it to the flight, giving it as a present to CheapOair, who can easily resell it and make profit. In the meantime CheapOair are abusing the policy and its original intentions, in order to make even more money at their customers' expense (maybe the name Expensiveoair suits them better), in the meantime causing unnecessary travel discomfort their clients, amongst which is a pregnant woman. This is Unheard of, Unthought of and I recommend to stay away from CheapOair.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

This is the first time I use CheapOAir to buy plane ticket and I believe, finding a good deal for me and everyone else takes experience and strong collecting information, updating for what's available on time. You guys are truly professional.

Last minute flight cancellation, due to family emergency after arriving at airport. Called airline and CheapOair. I was placed on hold by CheapOair several times by agents and then call went to serve line. 2 days later I received a email saying I was a no show and I would not get a refund. What is the purposes of paying extra for travel insurance? I will never used this site.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The agent was very helpful! Very cordial and went out of his way to find the best deal. It was a very good experience! He tried many airlines - Air Canada, Icelandic Airline, United, Delta and American Airlines - with different possibilities and several airports.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The agent who called me said that the flight price is 1379 and because there is a promo I will get it for 1279. However, I ended up paying 1415 instead. Should have been frank about the actual price because I could have looked a cheaper flight and book it on my own.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I accidentally clicked the wrong return flight and your rep helped and changed it for me. No problems at all. Another call to your company to make sure I did not need to change names to match our ID's exactly. I was told that since we were traveling domestic, we are fine as long as the first and last names match up. Quick phone call with a polite rep. Thank you for all the help.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I keep it simple. Bought a flight- RSW-EWR-HKG-KUL. Friday Sept 8. RSW to EWR was delayed so I miss my connecting flight. Call customer service ahead to notify and hope they can work something out for me since it's a late flight. Was told to just proceed to airline counter for other alternatives. Arrive at EWR 2.30am and there is nothing open. Call customer service again and was told airline office open on Monday and this is another 48 hours wait. No resolution! Funny things is, call airline reservation line and they answer just fine.

Have to purchase another flight and it's 300 extra than the first flight. First reservation allowed 2 check in luggage, second reservation only allowed one. Have to repack both luggage so one can be as carry on since it cost 100 extra dollars for 2nd luggage. Have to discard a few personal belongings. Been up for almost 48 hours due to all this hassle and another 22 hours before final destination. I lost a lot of money, time and energy. I fly international twice a year and 3-4 times a year for domestic. The reason for this review is to show what is going to happen to low budget traveler like students or senior citizen if same issue occurred? Should I use CheapOair again after all this?

CheapOair Company Profile