1.4/5 (91 ratings)

About CheapOair

We understand that traveling can be a hassle. With CheapOair, it doesn't have to be. Our site allows travelers to easily access multiple quotes from hundreds of hotels, airlines, cruise lines and car rental companies to ensure that each customer finds a deal that best accommodates their travel needs.

Pros

• Discounted fares and travel deals
  • Price-match promise
  • Earn up to 2x points with app

Cons

• Cancellation fees
  • Nonrefundable tickets and fares

Bottom Line

CheapOair is great for cheap airline tickets and last-minute deals. If you don’t mind that fares are nonrefundable, you’ll enjoy the wallet-friendly travel deals on its website.

Top CheapOair Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Your Travel Agent gave great service and are very pleasant and made me feel Valued. I remain appreciative. Your detailed knowledge about luggage, seating, and flight made my booki...

Verified

I am very pleased with the customer service!! The booking for the flight was very successful and I did call the next day for some information and the young lady was very helpful a...

What is CheapOair?

CheapOair partners with more than 400 carriers, including Air France, Jet Blue, Spirit Airlines and United Airlines, to provide customers with affordable, budget-friendly travel experiences. The online travel site makes it easy to compare flight, hotel or cruise options and book them at your leisure.

Each fare comes with CheapOair’s price-match promise – if you find a lower price for the exact same itinerary within 24 hours of booking, CheapOair matches it and refunds you the difference.

Due to the current COVID-19 situation, CheapOair is also working with airlines to offer a future credit or full refund on cancellations.

How does CheapOair work?

Signing up with CheapOair lets you manage your travel, check previous transactions and track flights directly from your account. Members also have the added perk of earning points on every $1 spent, which can result in discounts of up to 20% on flights and 55% on hotel bookings.

Members can also earn points by referring friends and family members or using the CheapOair credit card, which can be used to earn points on everyday purchases, flights, hotels and rental cars.

CheapOair lets you access inexpensive flight deals in more than 30,000 domestic and international locations through its online booking system. The company also partners with hotels, motels and resorts to provide discounted stays. You can get additional savings with Enterprise, Alamo and Budget through CheapOair.

The CheapOair app lets you access flights, hotels, car rentals and exclusive deals from an iOS or Android device. Customers can manage their travel on the go, receive live updates on itinerary changes or notifications and earn up to two times the amount of points by booking through the app.

CheapOair fees

Service fees for CheapOair start at $35 per fare and apply to all U.S. domestic or international flights. These fees might vary due to special circumstances, including business and first-class airfares or fares for unaccompanied minors. The table below shows CheapOair’s most common service fees.

ServiceFee
Business and first-class airfares$150 per passenger
Alternate dates and nearby airports$55 per passenger
Unaccompanied minor$100 per passenger

CheapOair FAQ

Can you get a refund on CheapOair?

All discounted airline tickets on CheapOair are nonrefundable.

Is CheapOair trustworthy?

CheapOair is a legitimate travel company that works with more than 400 carriers, including reputable brands like American Airlines, Southwest Airlines and JetBlue.

Does CheapOair have free cancellation?

At the moment, CheapOair doesn’t offer free cancellations. Cancellation fees are $50 for each airline ticket, and hotel cancellations are $25 per room.

How do I get my tickets from CheapOair?

You can choose to receive an electronic or e-ticket that is accessed online or print your ticket at an airport kiosk before departure.

Is CheapOair legit?

CheapOair has a loyalty program, deeply discounted fares and an easy booking system, and we recommend the company for budget-savvy travelers and customers looking for cheap flights. We like the company’s price-match promise that matches competitor prices. In addition to the ability to manage your account online, the online travel site also provides accessible local guides and travel tips for destinations around the world.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

I thought I was calling the number to American Airlines, when they answer the phone they only say reservations. The operator proceeded to pretend he was an agent for American Airlines. I booked the flights and couldn’t understand why they were more than what the website posted I kept saying that. He kept assuring me and fast-talking me through some fees that this was normal, it was not. I did a chargeback and won. Booked directly through the airlines. These people will lie, cheat, and steal to get your hard-earned money. Unethical is a nice way to describe them. If something happens to your flight and you need help from the airlines to either book another one or get a hotel you are screwed if you choose to book through CheapOair. You’ll be sitting at the airport while the rest of your party or family travels on if there are any delays or cancellations, you will most likely just kiss your money goodbye on top of paying more through the airline.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

CheapOair is not Ok anymore and it’s a big risk with this company. I had canceled a ticket with United apps because I wanted to buy on CheapAir also a United.

CheapOair sold me same ticket canceled on United ticket and CheapOair reassured me the ticket is valid despite my explanation that the booking number canceled is the same. The first agent on phone put me on hold and without complete processing their matching want me to rate him I refused then I got cut off.

The next agent sound schizophrenic or playing around. The 3rd agent now gave me a false reassurance. I got to the airport on day of travel United said I was canceled and I have to buy another ticket more money. Stay away. They are dysfunction.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

Subject: Need refund for my ticket and Airlines put remark for full refund. I have booked ticket with CheapOair in March, 2022. When I booked my flight, I had a layover of 3 hours, Now the Airlines made changes and the layover is 28 hours. I did not accept the change. Since past 1 month I have been calling CheapOair for help, but no luck. Is this the way you are running a business? How can such terrible company can win an award? Ladies staff is pathetic. They don’t know how to transfer a basic call, they will say please be on hold but they will just disconnect, Disrespectful.

After being on hold sometimes for more than an hour no one answers, there is a dead end! So we call again and the process is repeated continuously. We want our money. We work hard to earn money unlike you guys who are earning bogusly by cheating customers. Airlines put REMARK on my ticket as it's eligible for full refund, due to the changes made by airlines. Why the heck you guys have issue in generating a refund? Are you in greed of customer’s money?

You guys are not running business ethically as the customer service sucks. Representatives treated us like football and seriously they don’t know how to look into the matter, because they are not trained and the department which is trained does not want to come and resolve the issue? How the business is running? Saw lot of other complaints as well where, you guys ask customer to go to airlines and airlines doesn’t have any issue. But you guys want to give hard time to customer, for What? Are you paying us? Or because we give you business you are getting paid? Still you guys don’t want to work formal way. The frustration level has reached at par that’s the reason I am writing this to you. NEED MY MONEY and that too because in each circumstances I am right as per airlines and your couple customer service support people.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

Phone service is worse. If you option 2 for cancellation of ticket, the automated phone service puts you on long hold. They usually charge you again and again for dates cheaper even. US Gov't should put a ban on such bad service company.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

Cheapoair issued me a ticket that was not valid and left me stranded in LAX. The airline told me that a refund was processed requested by Cheapoair that was not credited to me. I called Cheapoair and asked for an explanation and they made a lot of excuses. They refunded the money 2 weeks later but I had to buy another ticket double the price as I had to urgently visit my mother who was sick. The sick feeling I had and the emotional trauma I went through those couple of days waiting for a flight was horrible. I had to spend on transport up and down and accommodation waiting for the other flight out of LAX as I live in Florida. This company should not be operating.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

I have booked a trip 7 months ago and pay for selected seats due to long flight, got conformation for seat payment, when I call customer service for over an hour talking to 4 different persons, no one can confirm and all they do is give you sub story, ask for a manger, no one is available, it not right and I'm taking it to the next level now!!!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

At the time of purchase the agent told us no need to get the transit visa when you are transferring to USA in Canada, But we have to get the Visa, We purchased all the protection packages as they said anytime when it comes to real they all were valid within 24 hours of purchase where you can get free of charge with in 24 hours. We spent 2 days on the phone call getting transferred in between customer care and Credit department. Finally saying call the airlines directly, We spend more than $18000.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

My husband and my son were supposed to fly from JFK to Amsterdam on July 5th, 2022 but due to not being vaccinated they were not allowed to board the plane. I purchased the tickets online at www.cheapoair.com but they said I should contact the airline directly to ask them about anything Covid related which I did but they didn't tell me about the vaccine mandate. I specifically said that, "My husband and son are not vaccinated. Do they need a PCR for unvaccinated people". They said, "No". When they arrived to the airport they were not able to board since they were not vaccinated. I've spend $4,627.68 on those tickets and it's been 2 months and I can't get a refund. Please stay away from them. I wish I could give them 0 stars. I have been a customer with them for years.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

The flight I had booked was canceled - CheapAair did not notify me of this (I found out when I called to ask a question). They then kept me on hold for hours, hung up on me 4 times and refused to put me on a new flight - they said I needed to pay the $3000 difference to book which is against the law since the flight I booked no longer existed. I had to spend 14 hours on the phone with them to get a new ticket home - worst customer service I've ever experienced. Beware when booking with them - I will never book through them again!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

Yesterday we purchased two round trip tickets for a trip for my mother in law's funeral. It started out a little over 1,000.00 then you have to pay for your seat, to carry on luggage, etc. etc. I understand that they do this now with all the extra charges and in the end the cost to fly round trip for two seniors was now 1,700.00….so we suck it up and give them the credit card number and instantly after we thought we were paying 1,700.00 it pops up and says THE PRICE HAS GONE UP…And then not getting the time to cancel we are now charged 1,900.00. It feels unfair that you see the price you have to pay and instantly they charge 200.00 more on top of all the other charges. Feels like they could have been upfront and honest in the beginning of the transaction. At least then you wouldn’t have felt like you had been used.

CheapOair Company Information