2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.73/5

We understand that traveling can be a hassle. With CheapOair, it doesn't have to be. Our site allows travelers to easily access multiple quotes from hundreds of hotels, airlines, cruise lines and car rental companies to ensure that each customer finds a deal that best accommodates their travel needs.

CheapOair strives to provide the best customer service to our customers to help you through your booking experience. Should you encounter any bumps along the way, our team will be here to provide the best care and support.

BOTTOM LINE

CheapOair is great for cheap airline tickets and last-minute deals. If you don’t mind that fares are nonrefundable, you’ll enjoy the wallet-friendly travel deals on its website.

PROS

• Discounted fares and travel deals
  • Price-match promise
  • Earn up to 2x points with app

CONS

• Cancellation fees
  • Nonrefundable tickets and fares

Top CheapOair Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapOair?

Your Travel Agent gave great service and are very pleasant and made me feel Valued. I remain appreciative. Your detailed knowledge about luggage, seating, and flight made my booking so much more easier. ... Thanks for all you do. I will share my great customer service experience with everyone!

I am very pleased with the customer service!! The booking for the flight was very successful and I did call the next day for some information and the young lady was very helpful and respectful! Thanks again and for sure I would refer friends and family to your business.

What is CheapOair?

CheapOair partners with more than 400 carriers, including Air France, Jet Blue, Spirit Airlines and United Airlines, to provide customers with affordable, budget-friendly travel experiences. The online travel site makes it easy to compare flight, hotel or cruise options and book them at your leisure.

Each fare comes with CheapOair’s price-match promise – if you find a lower price for the exact same itinerary within 24 hours of booking, CheapOair matches it and refunds you the difference.

Due to the current COVID-19 situation, CheapOair is also working with airlines to offer a future credit or full refund on cancellations.

How does CheapOair work?

Signing up with CheapOair lets you manage your travel, check previous transactions and track flights directly from your account. Members also have the added perk of earning points on every $1 spent, which can result in discounts of up to 20% on flights and 55% on hotel bookings.

Members can also earn points by referring friends and family members or using the CheapOair credit card, which can be used to earn points on everyday purchases, flights, hotels and rental cars.

CheapOair lets you access inexpensive flight deals in more than 30,000 domestic and international locations through its online booking system. The company also partners with hotels, motels and resorts to provide discounted stays. You can get additional savings with Enterprise, Alamo and Budget through CheapOair.

The CheapOair app lets you access flights, hotels, car rentals and exclusive deals from an iOS or Android device. Customers can manage their travel on the go, receive live updates on itinerary changes or notifications and earn up to two times the amount of points by booking through the app.

CheapOair fees

Service fees for CheapOair start at $25 per fare and apply to all U.S. domestic or international flights. These fees might vary due to special circumstances, including business and first-class airfares or fares for unaccompanied minors. The table below shows CheapOair’s most common service fees.

ServiceFee
Business and first-class airfares$150 per passenger
Alternate dates and nearby airports$55 per passenger
Unaccompanied minor$100 per passenger

CheapOair FAQ

Can you get a refund on CheapOair?
All discounted airline tickets on CheapOair are nonrefundable.
Is CheapOair trustworthy?
CheapOair is a legitimate travel company that works with more than 400 carriers, including reputable brands like American Airlines, Southwest Airlines and JetBlue.
Does CheapOair have free cancellation?
At the moment, CheapOair doesn’t offer free cancellations. Cancellation fees are $50 for each airline ticket, and hotel cancellations are $25 per room.
How do I get my tickets from CheapOair?
You can choose to receive an electronic or e-ticket that is accessed online or print your ticket at an airport kiosk before departure.

Is CheapOair legit?

CheapOair has a loyalty program, deeply discounted fares and an easy booking system, and we recommend the company for budget-savvy travelers and customers looking for cheap flights. We like the company’s price-match promise that matches competitor prices. In addition to the ability to manage your account online, the online travel site also provides accessible local guides and travel tips for destinations around the world.

CheapOair Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapOair?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I have used CheapOair on a couple of occasions in the past and while I found their airfares to be competitive, I was never pleased with their Customer Service. My view has since changed and I now have great respect for their Customer Service. I certainly think they are one of the best in the business when it comes to Customer Service. The flight I booked with them was cancelled. They informed me about this cancellation, but went much further by processing the refund without any need for me to follow up with them. This was truly superb and a true lesson in excellent customer service. They did not offer any excuses or give me any runaround. They just did right by me, their customer. Contrast this with another travel agency with whom I had another cancelled flight. After 3 months, I am still unable to reach them by phone or email, and I am still waiting to hear whether they will refund me.

Cheapoair not only provides low fares, they also offer superb customer service. They seem genuinely concerned about the satisfaction of their customers and demonstrates this with their action. I respect and appreciate this especially from Cheapoair especially during the Covid pandemic, where many companies have conveniently used it as the excuse for their crappy customer services.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

The booking and flights went well (the woman who booked it was amazing) but after my first flight to my destination I received a call stating that they were from Spirit Airlines and that my flight had been cancelled and they would like to reimburse me for my flight. I explained that I had already flown to my destination. Then they said my return flight was cancelled and I stated that I was flying back on American and not Spirit. I received a second call two days later stating that they were from American airlines and that my return flight on American airlines was cancelled. They couldn't give me my correct flight # and when I told them about the previous call and their voices sounded the same the call ended. There also was no problem with the flights. My concern is where did they get my # to call except with my reservation with you. The phone called to me was the same for both calls #254-278-4190. You might want to check into this. Thank you!

Original review: March 15, 2020

Excellent Customer Service During Trying Times. I have used CheapOair a number of times because they save me time searching for flights. We have always had good experiences domestically and internationally. This time, I had a flight booked for March 20-23. Due to concern over coronavirus and multiple places at my destination closing, I needed to reschedule. I waited online for a large volume of time before I was first in queue. Once it was my turn, I dealt with two different representatives, Whitney and Dewey, who were professional and friendly despite what must have been very frustrating working conditions. Whitney offered to cancel my flight for a voucher but when I asked to reschedule it for a later date, Whitney willingly helped to make it happen. They passed me to Dewey who had the forethought to mirror travel times I had originally booked which worked perfectly for the future date as well.

Just as described, I received the re-booking confirmation in email in the timeframe I was promised. I expect that the delay in helping me quicker was due to the sheer volume of people trying to rearrange trips. Thank you to all the customer service people working in these difficult times. Be well and please continue your excellent work!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

Aeromexico had drastically changed its flying schedule on a return trip from Guatemala to JFK in New York. Both my husband and his son were to be on the flight. Cheap-O-air had contacted me by email about the son needing an approval of acceptance for the change of the flight data. I immediately called Cheap-O-air to get the father's ticket corrected. Due to the Virus in China I couldn't get through as there were many callers all trying to get through. After 25 minutes had passed I noticed a circle I could hit to talk to someone online. In less than a minute I was in, and in ten minutes more someone at Cheap-O-air was answering my phone call. As my typing is limited I signed out and began speaking with the spokesperson by phone. Ten minutes later my husband is rebooked to Aeromexico's new flight schedule and his son is confirmed as being on the flight. Instant relief!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

The agent was outstanding in every possible way. To the point I asked to talk to her supervisor at the conclusion of the call. I have over 60,000 points with Southwest Airlines. I actually called CheapOair by accident. I all but hung up when I realized my mistake. Glad I didn’t. It was a wonderful experience regarding the agents knowledge and patience. I have called CheapOair before, but this time it was noticeable for all the right reasons. For one, communication and understanding was not a issue.

Note, after I booked my flight, I called Southwest to find out that there best rate was $49 more than CheapOair’s. There are little nuances which normally favor Southwest. And they also typically have outstanding customer service. But I was sooo pleased with your agent, I decided to book the flight with you guys. I do appreciate your trying To get feedback regarding customer experience with your agent. Feel free to contact me if you need further clarification. I believe going above and beyond in performing ones job should be recognized.???

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

I requested for a refund of a ticket that I bought in January, 2020 and I never received it. I had a second ticket that was scheduled for June, 2020 during the height of the pandemic. I received an email advisory to contact the airline for cancelation of flight and so I did. But I could not contact the airline to and so I tried to contact CheapOair for assistance. Phone calls were failing. Email was failing. A notice that the recipient was not accepting messages was appearing but I have been receiving advertising offers via email.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I booked a flight for myself and 2 family members to travel from the U.S. to Canada in February 2020 via WestJet airlines through Cheapoair. Not long after, Canada closed its borders to the U.S. due to COVID 19. I requested a refund for all 3 flights due to special circumstances (continued border closure preventing us from rebooking at a later date) and it is now January 2021 with no resolution. DO NOT USE CHEAPOAIR to book flights, they are a scam. I will now be filing a dispute for services not rendered against Cheapoair with my bank.

CheapOair response

This has been resolved, the airline has agreed to refund.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

Under US Department of Transportation law.. Any flights cancelled because of Covid the funds must be returned to passengers. After months of emails, paying extra money, online chats and phone calls with their customer service We have not received even 5 cents from our $10,000 tickets! Constant run around! Beware..Be VERY Careful with using them!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

Be careful, I purchased my ticket with insurance and flexible tickets, when I want to exchange the date they charge extra $200 and one week still waiting for the confirmation. I called them every day and they didn't send me the confirmation. Worst customer service, it's annoying???? Also insurance doesn't work, don't used Cheapoair.

CheapOair response

Insurance is for medical emergencies while you are traveling. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

Do NOT trust them. They just lost a customer. I will no longer recommend this to friends or family. Their so called "expert" agents treated me horribly and weren't understanding of my needs. They messed up my ticket three times. I had purchased a flight to go from US to Mexico. Got an email with a confirmation for a flight from Mexico to US. The mistake was on their part. I had to call numerous times. They took forever (an average of 3 months and calling almost everyday) to resolve the issue. They didn't understand the fact that I never needed a ticket with a destination to the US because I was in the US. Crappy service. Not trustworthy.

CheapOair Company Information