It's that easy Request Information
2.84/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

We understand that traveling can be a hassle. With CheapOair, it doesn't have to be. Our site allows travelers to easily access multiple quotes from hundreds of hotels, airlines, cruise lines and car rental companies to ensure that each customer finds a deal that best accommodates their travel needs.

CheapOair strives to provide the best customer service to our customers to help you through your booking experience. Should you encounter any bumps along the way, our team will be here to provide the best care and support.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

6518 CheapOair Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: June 29, 2019

Agent was excellent. Very professional and offered solutions to meet my trip needs. I received an email of my booking number listing all of my six flights on the trip but was unable to book seats at the time and had to call American Airlines to book seats. AA charged me $100 to have them get assigned seating plus an additional $40 for seats on one of my six flights. So I actually had to pay $140 more than I paid for the booking through CheapOair. I did receive verbal confirmation of my seat assignments from AA but I still have not received written confirmation on the seats they assigned to me for me and my wife. Otherwise I was very pleased with the performance of my CheapOair representative who had nothing to do with the AA not forwarding me a printout of my actual assigned seats.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Representative Ryan was very helpful in accommodating my change of flight request over the phone. I would advise a clear warning on "24 hour cancellation", it carries a $75 fee. I found a better price and flight schedule on Expedia ($696), right after completion of my online booking. I immediately contacted Online chat - it was slow and not helpful. CheapOair chat online Ayler cut me off when I requested canceling, next online chat Olive advised my requested departure flight change (same airline, same day, later time) would cost extra $477, or cancellation charge $75. I called the 800 #, and Ryan was able to make my flight change and get me a further $5 discount, I still paid $50 over Expedia's price and it took over 2 hours to resolve.

So, caveat emptor, making online bookings, check flights and offers thoroughly, among sites, the 24 hour cancellation is not free, be patient. I also object to the countdown clock on completing reservation, I do appreciate Ryan's assistance. He is the only reason for my good rating. Clarify your terms. Simplify offers, get rid of the pressure timer.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

The phone representatives were helpful and nice, while professional. I did have difficulty understanding the cute Middle-Eastern accents. Twice I was disconnected when asking them to repeat-- the information was important. So I had to call back several times due to a couple representatives, probably tired, hanging up. One nice rep couldn't make a bank withdrawal because she gave the bank the wrong CVC -- didn't understand me, either.

On my side, the wifi on my computer was fading out to almost nothing and I think the dates got mixed up, going off and on. Bad connection at one point of registering. So I had to reschedule and that required several calls, but thankfully we got it done. I think the representatives have a lot of patience and stick-to-it-tiveness. Very nice and most stayed with me until problems could be resolved, or if I tried again, the next person did. Very tenacious people, as the complications were a little frustrating for me and the job is tedious, not all customers are nice.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I found a path to Australia from Chicago for about $442 USD (one way in 2018). The trip itself took 3 days but I loved it. I got to fly over the Arctic Circle and spend a whole day in Singapore. If you are looking for a direct flight, I don't know if it'll be as cheap but I personally planned for layovers. When you book, you receive an email outlining your flights; using this I confirmed that the seats were legit and not a scam. I didn't have any issues in any of the airports or with my tickets. The airlines I flew with had amazing customer service and were comfortable! I didn't have to change anything on my schedule, but I would be careful as I'm pretty sure you only have 24 hours to change dates/flights without fees. Hope this helps (I know I was a bit nervous) and safe travels!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I booked two tickets (Chloe **, Conaway ** and Jorge **) through CheapOair on Interjet from LAS/ MEX/MID on Thursday, Nov. 22. The afternoon before, I tried to get my boarding passes from the Interjet website and they kept answering that they had no reservation under our number or under our names. After 5 tries, I called Customer Assistance for CheapOair and a very nice and efficient young man named Melvin tried to straighten it all out by calling the airline directly. The call lasted 45 minutes and by the end he had managed to get them to recognize our reservation, book our specific seats and have them tell him that their system was crashed and no one could get boarding passes so we should just come to the airport well before the 3 hour limit for international flights and they would have personnel handling it. They did, in fact, process the very long line in as short a time as possible.

Next, we sat at the gate we all had been assigned and watched the flight time (11:20am) come and go with no eployee to tell us what the problem was. Happily, CheapOair sent a couple of us emails saying the new boarding time was at 12:40 for a 1:20pm take-off time. We then informed all of the other passengers of that information. Still no Interjet employee. 1:20 came and went, too and at about 1:40 employees finally arrived and started rushing us to get on the plane which had jusr arrived. 3 hours late to Mexico City which meant we arrived a half hour after the flight time for our flight to Merida. The stewardesses told us (half the plane missed their connecting flights!) to see an employee at the exit from the plane. That employee just looked confused, said she had no information and told us all to go through customs and out into the airport with our suitcases and go to the regular check-in desk for Interjet to see how it was going to be handled.

We did so and had the good luck to get a porter who knew where that was, about a 20 minute walk. When we arrived, there were about 300 people all in a bunch trying get some kind of information about late flights. My husband managed to grab the arm of a young woman who informed him our Merida flight hadn't left yet and we needed to re-check our luggage, go through security again and get to the gate asap before the flight left. Are you getting the picture? In any case, we arrived home at 1am, grateful for even that late arrival. Thank you, Melvin, and CheapOair, for bringing some kind of order to such a mess. Interjet, we will NEVER fly you again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapOair?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

While your agents were very helpful, your website was utterly misleading - for our options to get from Delhi to Faro, Portugal, you should a return Lufthansa flight that was cancelled. We only came to find out because of your agents.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

Searching for affordable airfares is always a challenge and sorting through all the sites that assist is also a challenge and time consuming. Speaking to someone on the telephone to answer questions about flights and connections is always appreciated. CheapOair assistance on the phone was very helpful and it ease the stress that comes with travel arrangements.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

That was a great experience. The agent was very patient and friendly. He tried to find the best deal for me. He was very detailed and tried to find the best time, date and flight since I was flexible on all that. He stayed on the phone with me for a good amount of time and did not complain for my changes I had him made. He tried to accommodate my needs the best he could. I will refer my friends to your website for sure. I am old and I do not know if I will be able to flight anymore internationally but for sure my daughter which was assisting me throughout the booking was very happy with your service and she will definitely use your services, since she is young and have kids that want to travel. Thank you for making this a great experience.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

You asked for a review, after you send me an apology e-mail, really? My experience was a nightmare from the beginning, I would find out after booking. The representative was difficult to verbally understand. Mislead me on the insurance fee. Called back tried to reschedule, was told it would be another $200.00. I will not be using you again, nor recommend you. I was better off dealing directly with the airline itself. I paid a fee, but not $200.00, it was much less after explaining the ordeal that I had dealing with you. Again I am steering clear of your service.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I canceled flight within a few hours and was told I would receive a refund in 7-14 business days. 3 days later I got an email saying I have to call them and provide the one time password to cancel. I did. In the half hour process of being on the phone with someone I could scarcely understand I was disconnected while on hold. I went into my account and the booking number was no longer showing so I assumed it had been taken care of. 15 days later I still have no refund and now they’re telling me because I didn’t cancel in 24 hours I can’t get a refund!!! What the heck!!!

CheapOair expert review by ConsumerAffairs

CheapOair was founded in New York City in 2005 to help travelers book flights, hotel rooms and rental cars. About 20 million people visit the website each month.

• Exclusive deals: CheapOair can offer exclusive deals because it has agreements with over 450 airlines around the world.

• Customer services: CheapOair has strong customer services and an extensive FAQ section to help users find the services they need.

• Vacation packages: CheapOair bundles flights, hotels and car rentals to help travelers save money.

• Price guarantee: The company offers a best price guarantee that will match lower prices offered by other travel sites.

• Customer care: CheapOair's 24/7 customer service won the 2014 International Service Excellence Award.

• IATAN and ASTA certified: Industry certifications tell consumers that CheapOair has met industry standards for quality and customer service.

• Best for: Domestic and international travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs