Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have used CheapOAir for the past several years and to date I have had excellent service. When I called to inquire about scheduling issues I was greeted warmly by the person on the phone and they were able to resolve all my issues.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The booking agent was very helpful. We would be using CheapOair in future too. He was polite and professional. He knew his job very well and was compassionate. You should offer more services to new clients like us. CheapOair is a very helpful source of finding and buying air tickets with very affordable prices.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The customer service is outstanding!! My wife and I could not decide on a hotel to save our life and your rep never gave up on us. She looked and researched over and over again until she finally found a perfect fit for us!!! Thank You!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Booked a flight using the wrong month key Aug instead of July. Called and spoke with the customer service agent who very professionally assisted to correct same. It was very pleasing to know the matter was resolved the same time. Good job.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I want to thank you for a good service we got yesterday. I called CheapOair, Mr ** help us and diligently, tried to find me a ticket with the same flight in a lower price my budget can afford. The only thing is that I didn't notice he wrote my name as ImeLda which when I called last night, Mr ** said that it will not be a problem since all names will be in capital letters. Kudos to all your representatives, they are so knowledgeable and patient to us customers.

I booked flights for specific dates, when it was final the dates were wrong. After several calls I reached a supervisor who gave me a one-time full refund cancellation - no $50 fee. I am very pleased!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was very pleased with the service I received over the phone. The consultant was friendly, knowledgeable and professional. She helped me get the best deal! I wanted a connection flight with less layover time and I got it. I would recommend CheapOair!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapOair?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I love CheapOair. So convenient for me since I start with them. It seems easier when travelling. Their agent are very patient and the part best about CheapOair easy to reach them. No hostile and a great customer service. I will definitely recommend to whom want to get a great journey.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I lost 775$ within minutes with CheapOair. Please be very careful when you give your credit card information. Once you provided, they would just steal your money. I was halfway thru booking the ticket in their website and exit it out after realizing I would be charged for seating. But since I gave my credit card info, the ticket has been booked automatically even I exit it out in the middle. I immediately called customer service for cancellation but the person who talk to me said not to worry as "You did not complete your booking and you won't be charged" but later after 2 days I was charged with full amount.

I called them again and this time there was a lady from billing said the ticket is not cancelled and if I want to cancel, I will lose 775$ out of total amount which is insane. I told her several times to waive the amount as the mistake is in their side but she refused it. And that too to get the remaining amount I need to wait for 60 days. Awful. I will never recommend to anyone... stay away.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

In the past I have been very satisfied with finding best-priced flights with CheapOair. This time, my friend gave me incorrect information, so I booked a Friday flight and later that night, found I would have to change it to a Saturday flight. "No problem", I thought, "the policy says no charge for changes made within 24 hours." In fact, I was charged $40 for changing from one day to the next on the same flight. I was also double billed, so $737.70 was debited from my account for a $365 flight. I was told that two of the charges will be taken off, but it could be 2 weeks. None of this was explained or made clear at the time of the change of flights. Clarity and honesty are always the best policy!! And yet, thanks for generally providing good service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Good and immediate assistance in order to change my fly dates. A little expensive the fees for changing dates as the change was made after 2 hours from booking. The Telephone assistance was good and efficiency. Good site with logical prices. I will recommend it.

This was a flight I had previously canceled due to medical reasons. I called and talked to customer service. My 1st attempt was not successful due to difficulty understanding each other. My 2nd attempt was MOST successful. Robert ** at CheapOair was super helpful. He assisted me with my flight schedule and resolved all issues and answered all my questions. Should I ever have another concern or problem, I can only hope to have someone as effective and professional as Robert.

Resolution In Progress

CheapOair

Svetlana, our apologies for the inconvenience. As a travel agency we must follow the rules of the ticket that are mandated by the airlines, not CheapOair.com. You are given 24 hours to review the confirmation and advise us of any errors, unfortunately this was not done and your ticket is non refundable, as well as a restricted ticket. We will be glad to assist you with making new reservations when the time comes.

Original review: July 19, 2017

On the April 2017 I bought a ticket from Denver to Israel for $697.93. It was the first time for me to use this company. The website picked my last name twice, as a last name and as a middle name. I do not have middle name. I had conversation by email to Michelle ** about to make correction. After three week received email that it is not possible. The CheapOair give me offer to buy a new ticket with pay different amount plus pay $25 fee for corrected mistake that company did. It wasn't my mistake.

So I canceled the ticket with no refund money to my bank account and the CheapOair charge $50.00 for cancellation fee. The CheapOair gave me a credit. But I have to use it for the same airline company and the same distance by the April 12th 2018. I am not going in the next year to the Israel. I have a plane to go to Europe or travel inside US. The credit must be flexible distance with the same air company. Absolutely inconvenience company! I am not recommend to use the CheapOair. Also, the one flight connection was canceled.

Resolution In Progress

CheapOair

Patricia, our apologies for the inconvenience you are experiencing with the name error. Our agents were only following policies related to making changes to an existing reservation. You were offered 2 choices, in which neither one you had agreed to. Once tickets are issued name changes are often very difficult to get corrected and is all upto the airlines. Because your ticket was still within 24 hours, we did offer to cancel the booking with a $50.00 fee, which was later reduced to $30.00, or keep the booking and we would try for name correction with COPA but they also have a $50.00 fee which is not our rule. Both options were not acceptable. Therefore, we would be happy too still contact copa on your behalf, to get the name corrected. Reach out to our sales office if you decide to correct it.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I purchased a ticket online to visit my family in Costa Rica, the names in my Costa Rican passport do not have my married name and it causes confusion when traveling. I have found the way to make it work but this time I totally forgot! So I called right away (within 30 minutes) to add my second middle name... no way no how unless I paid them for it. The 24 hr window to make changes was no longer available. I received this response from the Customer Service Team: "We would like to inform you that as per FAA guidelines, once the ticket is issued, name correction/change is not permitted. It totally depends upon the airline if they allow the correction.

For the correction you will have to pay the amount which has been advised to you by our team. If you agree to make the payment then kindly let us know so that we can assist you better." Interesting enough the change was allowed if I paid the fee... regardless or the FAA or what the airline thought about it. CheapOair has the worst customer service and "Beware" of their hidden fees...

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm pregnant women. I bought ticket from NYC to DAL. After purchasing ticket, I confirm with my doctor and she said better not to travel because of Zika Virus. I then call customer service and ask to cancel my ticket, these sucker said I will charged 50 dollar for cancellation. If any of you guys search ticket on this site you will see 24 hr cancellation. What does this mean?? Why the hell you sucker didn't mention there that we will charge 50 dollar for every cancellation no matter what time you purchase. I had Virgin American airline, I called them, they said " CheapOair should refund all" but these people who are sitting on customer service hang up my phone. I ask them, I will talk with their manager, and they hang up. What the hell is wrong with these people. I will never ever visit this site again. I will ask anyone of my known people not to purchase ticket from here.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called in to book a flight with CheapOair, and the agent that picked up the phone was able to find the flight I was looking for. However, my flight originated from LAX and was going to MDE with a connection in Miami. This was what I was told by the agent at the time of booking the flight. Everything looked good so I went ahead with the booking. A day before the flight, I called CheapOair to figure out the baggage policy since I was making an international trip, and it was at that moment the agent disclosed to me that I was going to have to change airports to catch my connecting flight. I was never told this at the time of booking.

She said that my first flight was going to FLL and then my connection flight was leaving from Miami International. I was puzzled as to how she expected me to get to that airport seeing that I am not from Miami. So I let her know that that arrangement cannot work and then she transferred me to a different department that takes care of these types of situations.

Long story short, I spent over 3 hours on the phone with different agents and managers, got hung up on several times and got blamed for not knowing that there was an airport change (even when I wasn't told by the agent), and ultimately, nothing got done about the issue. My flights were never changed to make it more convenient either on the departure leg or the return.

This was my first time booking anything on CheapOair, and it was most certainly my last! Even worse than making the mistake on the booking, the way their customer service department treated me was utterly disgusting, and I would not like any paying customer to be treated in such a manner. If there was a Zero star rating, that is what they deserve!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The online booking was fast, easy and straightforward, with no hidden costs. Many flights were listed from which to choose. When I had to change my flight time the next day it was handled by phone courteously and efficiently. Great service. I will recommend to friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It started out fine, although your phone people are very, very difficult to understand. After my bookings were complete, I saw a red button on my confirmation form, to book a hotel and put it on my confirmation. I pushed the button, and was offered a variety of hotels, and several attractive prices. I selected the hotel, and booked it. Today, I called back to get a confirmation of the hotel, and your folks knew nothing about it, and could find any records. Now, online with CheapOair, they want to book a room for me... But I don't want to be billed for the other hotel. Certainly causes me not to trust your confirmation process.

Finding great prices then booking the flight was easy and relaxing. Ohhh but then I had to correct the departure and arrival time and the lady on the phone was fantastic, very patient, professional and with no problem. She corrected the problem and then advised me to check my email. TKS so much and I'll be back!!!

Put on hold by customer service for more than 1 hour and then recording told me this number is no longer in service!!! Nobody was able to help me edit some simple account details. The person on live chat gave me the runaround and at the end simply said to email CheapOair.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had booked a flight from Doha to Mumbai on Etihad Airways. I had to cancel my booking as the airline has stopped their services from Doha. On checking with the airline I was informed that I'll be getting 100% refund on my ticket. I've been following with CheapOair for my refund since 45 days but there is no response as of date and I wasted a lot of money in calling CheapOair. Kindly think twice before making a booking with CheapOair.

Factual basis uncertain

Paid $171 for aisle seats and when called customer service to change the outgoing flight the seats disappeared and the charge remained, emails were all retained as failed mail delivery, several attempts to get a boarding pass with United failed as they did not recognize the booking number... Very frustrating and nowhere to turn for corrections.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

You misunderstood me. I had an emergency. Couldn't fly on time. I had pay an extra $ 280 when I checked out. I found a ticket on September 20th like $380 equals I pay my for $700 because the cancel one was 420. I thought you would consider my inconvenient like founding another at the same price.

Factual basis uncertain

February 2016 China Southern at SFO informs me I need a visa to stay in Guangzhou (CAN) during my layover, because of midnight falling in the middle of 23.5 hours in China. And I needed to get it two weeks ago. China Southern tells me there is nothing they can do. Only CheapOair can change my tickets. So CheapOair.com charges me $500 fee and cashes out my return ticket so I can get a ticket with a layover that meets Chinese Immigration rules. What China and CheapOair.com are not telling their customers is there are other stops in China on your way on to for example Southeast Asia. When you land in China Guangzhou for example you go through Immigration and then get back on the same plane as a Chinese DOMESTIC flight to Wuhan China. Then you clear Immigration at the next Chinese airport and fly on.

Long story short CheapOair.com is selling tickets that have extra stops in China not on your itinerary and it forces you to have to actually enter the country versus just waiting at the airport for your connecting flight. CheapOair blames this on the customer and then forces you to buy a new ticket and pay a huge fee. I am going to bring this to the attention of the U.S. State Department and the FAA. China is not informing you that you truly have to enter the country. CheapOair is not informing their customers of the extra stops on the itinerary.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Good experience with initial booking. However when I requested a change only on the return trip, the seats were changed without honoring the paid-for choice seats. I thought it was not fair to pay for the partial change of $53 but lost over $200 worth of choice seating. I was given the window seats even though I requested aisle seats. I hope I get a refund for the cost of the choice seating. Otherwise this was an expensive experience. I had expected the company to be upfront and reliable.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Whenever I need to get a flight you guys always seem to find that little extra I need to make sure I have the info updated in a timely manner! Even when I was running late from traffic to airport and I didn't think I could make, you were trying to get next fight available if I didn't make it! Thank you again for that!

Factual basis uncertain

I booked online and did not check the flexible dates. HOWEVER after putting in dates and checking them at checkout somehow when I get my email it's very different dates! I called THAT min... within minutes of my booking and was in hold for HOURS literally 2 hours! Trying for them fix this mistake. They said for me to change my ticket was gonna be over $300! Or I could cancel for $100. Or I could keep the tickets I'd got... those were my only options! I will never use this site again!

Factual basis uncertain

Booked round trip tickets online, received my confirmation. The date was wrong. Immediately called, was charged 150.00 to change date or 150.00 to cancel. Can not understand customer service reps, told me it is their policy to charge for changes. I believe the website is very confusing with pop ups offering cheaper flights as your booking resulting in wrong dates, seems fishy to me.

Factual basis uncertain

Made the mistake of booking a flight through CheapOAir instead of going directly through the airline. Something I thought I had learned long ago but forgot. Had I booked directly through the airline, I would have paid a lot less for the baggage fee. Apparently my punishment for booking through CheapOAir.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The man in customer service who finally helped me was WONDERFUL! He sorted out what I needed and helped me make my booking accordingly. Difficult part was as I was trying to make a reservation on my own, ticket I wanted was no longer available... Don't know if there's anything you can do about that. Also, seems like it should be easier to work with alternative reservations online.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The service I received from Diane was of a high standard. She was very patient and obviously experienced in her role. I was very satisfied with the outcome and will use CheapOair again. This was the third time using this service and I will be back.

Factual basis uncertain

Flight was so delayed for the domestic from Memphis to Los Angeles. We missed my international flight the next day, end up purchasing another international round trip tickets. It wasted my time, money and energy. Heartless people!!! Never again!!! This airline sucks! CheapOair, CHEAP SERVICE that's what it is!!! What a nightmare. I haven't seen my family in 12 years! Me and my 5-year old daughter were so exhausted and drained emotionally and financially due to this horrible experience with cheapoair. I needed to borrow money from a friend just to get us to our destination and come back. Never trust Cheapoair! It is run by heartless money machine people! They will not help you in times of your flight problems. I am very very disappointed. I filed complaints but no updates yet, it's been a month ago.

CheapOair Company Profile