2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.94/5
Based on 1,002 ratings submitted in the last year

We understand that traveling can be a hassle. With CheapOair, it doesn't have to be. Our site allows travelers to easily access multiple quotes from hundreds of hotels, airlines, cruise lines and car rental companies to ensure that each customer finds a deal that best accommodates their travel needs.

CheapOair strives to provide the best customer service to our customers to help you through your booking experience. Should you encounter any bumps along the way, our team will be here to provide the best care and support.

View More View More

CheapOair Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

The agent was outstanding in every possible way. To the point I asked to talk to her supervisor at the conclusion of the call. I have over 60,000 points with Southwest Airlines. I actually called CheapOair by accident. I all but hung up when I realized my mistake. Glad I didn’t. It was a wonderful experience regarding the agents knowledge and patience. I have called CheapOair before, but this time it was noticeable for all the right reasons. For one, communication and understanding was not a issue.

Note, after I booked my flight, I called Southwest to find out that there best rate was $49 more than CheapOair’s. There are little nuances which normally favor Southwest. And they also typically have outstanding customer service. But I was sooo pleased with your agent, I decided to book the flight with you guys. I do appreciate your trying To get feedback regarding customer experience with your agent. Feel free to contact me if you need further clarification. I believe going above and beyond in performing ones job should be recognized.???

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Yesterday, 01/19/20, via laptop I was processing a flight for my granddaughter who will be 16 before her flight. I was prompted to contact a CheapOair agent. I did and was connected with Agent Kenneth. I explained to Kenneth I was trying to fly my Granddaughter alone from OKC to OGG during her school break. Kenneth explained to me for an unaccompanied minor safety he needs to search for the most direct flight, contact the airline for their specific guidelines, and to confirm her seats. Kenneth then put me on hold and returned after a few minutes with a Safer Round Trip 1-Stop Flight from OKC to OGG versus a 2-Stop less expensive flight that I had tried to book. I agreed with the 1-Stop Flight Selection because I could see/understand the safety benefits for my Granddaughter and I thanked Kenneth for this.

Kenneth took his time to help me understand this process because of the sensitive booking of my unaccompanied Granddaughter, read to me several items, and explained to me several safety tips to share with my Granddaughter like her ID Passport/be at the airports at least 3 hours early/take Granddaughter directly to the Airport Airline Counter for escort to her flight/only talk to Airline Uniformed Staff or Airport Police, and so much more. I felt what Kenneth was doing for me was beyond just a required script reading ~ Kenneth Cared for Granddaughter's Safety. I thanked Kenneth many times during our conversation. It is because of people like Kenneth that I will return to CheapOair and his people skills that make life pleasant. Thank-you Kenneth and thank-you CheapOair for having Kenneth on your team. God Bless and Happy New Year 2020. Mario **.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

My family and I are traveling to Spain for the month, from May to June. Let me just state, traveling for me represents heighten anxiety as long flights can be very, very uncomfortable. Which is only second to the frustration associated with haggling over the best airline ticket price, and the amenities. I have been using Cheap-O-Air for the past three years for Three very distinct reasons; First, I always find the flight I am looking for. Second, there is no significant haggling over the fare. Finally, the courtesy and professionalism of your representatives.

I have never spoken with a representative on the phone who did not exhibit the greatest desire to resolve an issue. Regardless of what it is, or was. As an Example: Yesterday 1/13 I booked my $4,100.00 trip to Spain to see my family. There was a slight issue regarding a charge that was not originally discussed. I was told that as representative would call me back. He did. His name was Bruce, his number is 877-590-0050 ext **. If you (Cheap-O-Air) are not properly paying him, I would like to offer him a position within my organization. I really do mean that. I am CFO of ** New Orleans, LA, El Paso, TX, Phoenix, AZ and soon New York.

Bruce exemplified a Professionalism and Customer Service that speaks volumes about an organization. Yes. I will continue to use this service, and I will open my access to communication and or special offers, without directing them to my Spam Filter. Thank you for your commitment, and courtesy. Thank you personally Bruce.

Respectfully,

Jon **

Executive Director of Compliance and Finance.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I have used CheapOair for several years and give nothing but praises for their customer service care towards servicing your reservation needs. They do their very best in finding the best deals and the dates you wish to fly out, the seats assignment you wish to have and more just to satisfy the needs of the customer. I have a special needs son. He needs to be sitting with me at all times so I can caregive for him. The person helping me (Skye) went out of her way to accommodate my needs just for my son. She found me the best deal and the seats I wanted and my departure date I requested. She was very patient with and I with her so I can get what I needed for myself and my son. Bottom line, I would never ask anyone else to do my airline hotel reservation except for CHEAPOAIR. Their quality of service is outstanding. Thank you CHEAPOAIR and thank you Skye for making our reservations. God bless and Merry Christmas.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Representative Ryan was very helpful in accommodating my change of flight request over the phone. I would advise a clear warning on "24 hour cancellation", it carries a $75 fee. I found a better price and flight schedule on Expedia ($696), right after completion of my online booking. I immediately contacted Online chat - it was slow and not helpful. CheapOair chat online Ayler cut me off when I requested canceling, next online chat Olive advised my requested departure flight change (same airline, same day, later time) would cost extra $477, or cancellation charge $75. I called the 800 #, and Ryan was able to make my flight change and get me a further $5 discount, I still paid $50 over Expedia's price and it took over 2 hours to resolve.

So, caveat emptor, making online bookings, check flights and offers thoroughly, among sites, the 24 hour cancellation is not free, be patient. I also object to the countdown clock on completing reservation, I do appreciate Ryan's assistance. He is the only reason for my good rating. Clarify your terms. Simplify offers, get rid of the pressure timer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapOair?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Attendant had a calm and soothing voice in the face of the turbulence coronavirus is causing. She was extremely efficient and very professional. I was looking at 2019 dates and realized it after all changes were confirmed, she did her best to redo the changes without incurring additional fees. I wish great success in job.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

Unexpectedly, I needed a change of returned flight date. I was assisted but in a slow processed and was charged even though I purchased a travel protection plan with my ticket. It’s difficult for someone like me who has no means of income. The staff was helpful but really slow. I kept waiting...

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

One of your Agent Ms. ** assist us to find a flight schedule that match schedule replacing the original booking that we purchased. Ms. ** is so professional, fast and very accommodating. She provided an outstanding service assisting customer like me. Well done!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

Due to corona virus, I had to partially cancel my booking. Before canceling, I had reached out to ask about the refund. They told me to wait and come back after 24-48 hours, then I did after 72 hours. They told me their refund team was still working on that and told me I could cancel first and receive the refund later. I had to cancel anyway so I did. They told me to come back after another 24 hours regarding the refund. When I came back, they again blamed the refund team and told me to come back in 48 hours. I kept coming back as they said and being told to wait for 48 hours over and over.

In the fifth or sixth time I finally asked to talk with a supervisor; he told me there would be no time frame of waiting because they depended on the airlines so I had to wait for, like, forever?! Are they freaking serious? I wish there would be 0 or negative rate to give. I would have not been upset if they told me like that in the first time. I would have never been angry if they didn't keep fooling me around like that. I surely never make any booking in this website again. This is the first and last time ever.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

Good experience, agent made sure all info correct, was very helpful, he is an asset to the company. Would recommend CheapOair without any hesitation. Recommended to me by friends/family. Please make sure this kind of excellent service continues. Thank you.

CheapOair expert review by ConsumerAffairs

CheapOair was founded in New York City in 2005 to help travelers book flights, hotel rooms and rental cars. About 20 million people visit the website each month.

• Exclusive deals: CheapOair can offer exclusive deals because it has agreements with over 450 airlines around the world.

• Customer services: CheapOair has strong customer services and an extensive FAQ section to help users find the services they need.

• Vacation packages: CheapOair bundles flights, hotels and car rentals to help travelers save money.

• Price guarantee: The company offers a best price guarantee that will match lower prices offered by other travel sites.

• Customer care: CheapOair's 24/7 customer service won the 2014 International Service Excellence Award.

• IATAN and ASTA certified: Industry certifications tell consumers that CheapOair has met industry standards for quality and customer service.

• Best for: Domestic and international travelers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team