2.96/5
  • 1 star
Based on 1,296 ratings submitted in the last year
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

We understand that traveling can be a hassle. With CheapOair, it doesn't have to be. Our site allows travelers to easily access multiple quotes from hundreds of hotels, airlines, cruise lines and car rental companies to ensure that each customer finds a deal that best accommodates their travel needs.

CheapOair strives to provide the best customer service to our customers to help you through your booking experience. Should you encounter any bumps along the way, our team will be here to provide the best care and support.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 23, 2017

4562 CheapOair Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

The person that handled my booking was patient, knowledgeable, helpful, and professional! She was able to clear up my problem efficiently. I look forward to further dealings with CheapOair! I had made a mistake with my second leg of my trip and was going the opposite way that I need to and your agent was able to work it out for me. Thank you.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

One word EXCELLENT. Enjoyed the professional staff care instructions. Calling when plans have change notifying me. Will continue to use your services in the future. Again thanking you for all. Will recommend to others. Will want continued email on travel opportunities.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

We had a wonderful experience. I mistakenly booked flights for wrong date. The Service Center was very helpful and worked with me to correct this. The agent was courteous and very professional. She walked me through the entire process and I am extremely satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

HNL/MNL Trip for 3 pax - Greg was the one who helped me with my Reservation yesterday, 11/19. Everything went out smoothly & since I checked for schedule first it took a lot faster for his assistance. After confirming details of my booking & charged our fare he made sure that he emailed me all the details of my booking. Thanks for everything!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I believe the person that I talked to used too much force to get what he wanted and not enough understanding for what I was looking for. When it came to booking my trip he told me what was going to be. When I asked about baggage he told me that I had to pay a 100.00 for each checked. When I said forget the checked bags and to remove the checked bags, he said it would take time and the money would be back on my card in a few days. It still hasn't showed up on my card. If this matter could be addressed it would be greatly appreciated. The airlines said that it was a CheapOair matter. If you would please send me an Email reply. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapOair?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I missed my flight and called CheapOair's customer service. Without any wait I could speak to an agent. My agent’s name was Valor and he went above and beyond to help me. I obviously was very nervous and he helped me remain calm. Valor spent a long time on hold with my airline and was very patient. To me this was a great example of customer service and I will definitely continue to choose CheapOair.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I found the agent to be very pleasant and helpful. The only thing I did not care for was the price. Because of a broken foot and the need for a walker, I had to purchase special seats. The cost completely wiped out the savings I received on the tickets and cost more than one ticket. That was disappointing as I have to have the seats through no fault of my own.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I just used CheapOair for the first and last time. I had been looking a flights for about an hour and decided on Jet Blue flights through CheapOair (name should have given me pause!). When I received a confirmation via email I saw that my outgoing flight was booked on Wednesday instead of Friday. Realizing my error and remembering Cheapo's policy to cancel/change within 24 hours I immediately called. The representative informed me that the fee would be $50 per ticket to correct my error. I quoted the 24 hour policy on the website and he said it didn't say there was no charge. Even the airlines give you 24 hours to cancel/change with no fee. I was furious. I could go on and on but the bottom line is that the agent finally agreed to charge $25 for change plus the difference in price (note there was no difference in price when I originally looked at flying out a different day). I will never use this company again!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

My husband was booking a flight with Frontier on their site. Somehow it got redirected to CheapOAir. He decided to take the insurance just in case he needed to cancel. Well he did & had me call. The person I spoke with was almost impossible to understand. Had a very heavy accent. When I tried to explain that he needed to cancel fo to business, he said that it was a nonrefundable flight & unless someone in the family had died or he was seriously ill, there was nothing he could do about it. I ended calling Frontier and got a partial refund. Be very careful when booking flights and you can and do get redirected to another booking site.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I booked a flight on November 11 and I accidentally put an incomplete name, 15 minutes after I booked I called to fix my name and told me I have to pay $50 for each person to change the name and I didn't question that because it's my fault but losing the flight I booked and paid $750 for each ticket, I bought two tickets, is too much. They gave me a flight that is $100 each ticket lower than the one I booked! They didn't give me any refund even the new ticket they gave me is cheaper. The thing that I don't understand is why can't I keep the flight I already booked and paid just because I have to change/add names in that ticket. They told me I can keep the same flight but I have to pay $268 more for each ticket. That's ridiculous and shady! I will never use this site again!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Ok, I have made repeated calls to Cheapo to find out my current status to no avail, originally the issue was about the flight ins. From my 1st booking experience, I thought I was covered to make a change of dates. I called a few hrs after the 24 hrs, I could have called earlier but thought I could change my flights w/o a penalty because of the purchased flight ins. I was told I could not change w/o a penalty, and they would get back to me after an investigation w/in 24hrs, so I purchased another booking thinking I would make a decision to cancel this booking if I had to pay a penalty, NO CALL TO ME!! I called Cheapo and was told they had no record of investigation done and would do an investigation again.

Needless to say, at this point I am pretty aggravated, but I called the next day again and was given the runaround a 3rd time!!!! WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON? Very frustrated with this lack of service! I got this email from you and decided to respond. I do not have any idea on my status, I am 74 years old, I would appreciate a tel call back with an answer. I have already missed booking a cruise because of no response, I am pretty much computer illiterate and didn't know where to turn. Oh, I did get a call at 1030pm and at 1am!! And called back the next morning. It was again no record, oh I was also told I could not speak with a supervisor.

CheapOair response

Mr.Agnes, our apologies for the inconvenience. You actually have your original reservation that you booked because insurance does not cover a change of plans. The terms of the insurance is listed on our website, with a full disclosure. You made a booking without first contacting us to make sure this first one was within a refund status. Where we could of made the change to the new dates without you making a new reservations. We also did review the call and agent did advise you airline cancellation policy, tickets are non refundable, and insurance you would file a claim. The second reservation with the new dates is also still active. Please contact our office to cancel one of the bookings, otherwise if you no show for one of the reservations, you will loose the full value of the ticket, and marked as a no-show. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Reggie was wonderful and personable and very helpful except I wondered how come the price over the phone was higher than the price I saw on the Internet at $10 and four dollars higher for the trip protection… That was just a little worrisome because I love to save money. Thank you very much.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Over the past several years I have primarily booked my flights with CheapOair.com, and have found their site very reliable and easy to use. I have recommended them to friends and family with great success. I do not hesitate to applaud them and am happy to recommend them to all who travel.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017
I have booked with CheapOair for probably the third time. The first two occasion was much better but this time after some credit card issues, I finally got through.

Hope the next time I will be able the get a Customize package.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

They attract people with really cheap flights but when you tried to book, they say the flight has been sold out. But if you come back 1 hour or a day later, the same flight is back again but you still can't book it. I tried to book a flight at least 10 times for the same or different flight... I never could!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

The representative who helped with the reservation was polite, patient and knowledgeable. He worked with our dates and travel timelines to ensure the best flight available. He also assisted with our luggage concerns. This is the third time my girlfriend and I have used CheapOair and have never been disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I tried to make a booking using PayPal, to which I got an email from CheapOair saying that they needed to verify my account, which I thought was fair enough. A few days later they wrote me that the ticket had been cancelled. I booked again and called their customer service, which told me that they couldn't verify my PayPal account, because they were not willing to stay on hold for an hour to talk to anyone from PayPal. I was a little surprised about that and asked how we can solve the situation. The support person said that I could just book using a credit card and that PayPal really wasn't that popular. Since the only reason that I used their service was that I could use my PayPal credit for it, I told them that was not going to work. They then proceed to tell me that there was nothing they could do, as they were not willing to call PayPal. Very unsatisfactory behaviour, I don't think I'll use their service again any time soon.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I called customer service to reschedule my return flight schedule and the customer representative was very helpful and made the changes right away without giving me headache. They even gave me the best options that I can choose. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

The customer service agents are nice as long as they want you to pay for the ticket. This is the easiest situation they can be nice. When you have a problem with what happened to me at the airport, they are not informed at all, not supportive and do not accept any responsibility. They are not consistent with the policies and will not help you at all. One would tell you about filling out the waiver and reimbursement forms and other would say it is not possible at all. They are not helpful and just say repetitive things. I usually do not write a bad review and always compromise but this experience costs me 1100$ and almost close to losing my lifetime opportunity to present my career.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I called CheapOair to book a Jetblue flight for my son who is 15 yrs old and is traveling alone. I already knew the exact flights I wanted but I cannot book it online because my son is not an adult yet. First of all, I was asked to hold and hold while "they are helping me find the best rate and flight for my son". After 38 minutes on the phone, the rate I was quoted was $887.99. I told the guy that Expedia is selling the same flight for $705 while Jetblue is selling it for $755.44. I was politely trying to say I want to hang up now and thank you for all your help but he put me on hold again to give me to his manager who tried to match the $705 Expedia price. I said "I don't feel comfortable doing business with you. Thank you and goodbye." Beware of these guys! They are not straightforward with their pricing at all!

CheapOair response

Carol, we appreciate the feedback and sorry we couldn't match the fare. Each travel companies have different contracts with their airline partners, therefore at times some sites maybe cheaper. As for JetBLue having a lower fare, that probably is true because many do offer web fares, that can only be obtained on their website, it cut's out the middle man,. I hope you were able to find what you were looking for, and thank you for checking with CheapOair.com

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I used Cheapoair to book international flights across the Atlantic for my family. My flight schedule was changed twice by Cheapoair forcing me to downgrade to longer flights with significantly more layover time and impossible to catch connections. I spoke with their reps over the phone several times. They were completely unapologetic to say the least and mostly rude and unsympathetic. My wife will have to run across the airports with two kids to catch the connection and endure 9 hour layover in FRA. To add insult to injury, they forced another change on us by the addition of extra stop along the way to our final destination. If I were to book this final route from the beginning I would not pay 1/2 of what I paid.

Be careful people. You have zero protection from Cheapoair. I will never ever consider shopping for flight tickets on their cheap website. If there is a ZERO on the review scale I would choose it with ZERO hesitation. Review your business model and do not focus on short term gains. Let your customer satisfaction be your priority and do not lie to your customers.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I would like to have a free consultation regarding about what happened to my flight last night (11-09-2017). Flight from Indianapolis to Seattle (Alaska Airlines). Seattle to Vancouver (Alaska Airlines). Vancouver to Philippines (Philippine Airlines). I came really early to the Alaska airline to check in my baggage and to get my ticket for the flight. I was 5 hours 1/2 ahead from my flight. Then by the time that one of their representative enter my account details, it ends up I couldn't check in because of I will be needing ETA (transit visa from Canada) even just a connecting flight. And a week ago before my flight, I called Alaska Airlines regarding about the transit visa and someone told me that I don't need it coz it was just a connecting flight.

The manager assisted me, then we worked the ETA transit visa together so I can make to my flight on time without knowing that the manager don't remember if he puts my email address correctly which is really important to get the confirmation code. And I paid $57 to get it. But afterwards, we waited for it for so long, about 3 hrs. and my flight is really close. That I don't know what to do. Then the manager (Kyle) decided to pass my case on the other representative. And we had to do that ETA again (and pay it again for the second time) to get the confirmation coz I heard her she's talking on the phone that the manager was not sure if he puts the right email address of mine.

Then when the time that we completed the second application for the ETA, we got the confirmation 3 minutes after. If the manager just had concern with my case, I would've gotten to my flight on time but perhaps, he had me to wait for 3 hours not knowing he messed up my application that is why I am not receiving it thru my email address. And now, I missed my flights. When I was there at the airport until 9pm waiting for someone to help me and called Alaska airline, they said that they can't do anything about it. And they won't gonna book another flight for me coz my ticket is not up to them.

My ticket is actually under Philippine Airline which is my connecting flight from Vancouver to my final destination (Philippines). I was very upset that I couldn't get into any flight at all even it wasn't my fault. Coz I believe I showed up really early. Really early that anybody on my flight just to resolve if there's gonna be an issue. But they just wasted my time. They keep saying "IT IS STILL EARLY SO YOU WOULD HAVE ENOUGH TIME FOR YOUR FLIGHT." I was devastated and I can feel that I'm going to be late. Coz no one's assisting me.

I end up calling Philippine airline and one of representative gets mad at me and told me just to wait. Then after the long wait, nothing happened. My flight had just left. And they all needs to go home and they just left me with nothing in the Alaska airline. I called the agency that I bought my ticket and said that they cannot book my flight coz both Alaska and Philippine airline won't waive any fees if they will book my flight. They were scams. They want me to pay for $1000 just to book my flight on the other day (Nov 10th). They left me with no choice. Now I don't know what to do. It wasn't my fault but I am the one who suffered it. I really need to sue these people.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Booked a return ticket to Hawaii for September, 2017. Through my own fault missed the flight from Seoul to Manila. I arrived 40 minutes before takeoff and was told boarding was closed. Accepted that. They then cancelled my entire flight there and back as a "No Show". I tried contacting every number possible while at the airport and even went to their office at the airport (no kiosk available for Philippine Air at the Incheon Airport). My ticket required a 6 hour layover in Manila and there was a flight out of Seoul that would enable me to make the connection in time so that I could continue my trip to Hawaii.

The airline refused to accept that scenario. I also said they couldn't cancel my return tickets since all I had to do was book a one-way flight to Hawaii and I could still use the return tickets back to Seoul. They told me that since I was a "No-Show” in Incheon the entire flight was considered a No-Show and I was responsible. I fought the No-Show label as I was there before the flight left. They finally "awarded" me a $698.00 credit to which I accepted. In the fine print, it says: "When re-booking a trip with your credit, you understand that you must pay a re-booking fee of $325.00 per person, administrative services fee, and any difference in airfare." Hilarious! Is this a credit voucher? Hardly. Is this even legal? This company takes money in absolutely every possible way. Here's the fine print in its entirety.

"AS AGREED, we will charge you a total of $50.00 for processing this cancellation. You agree to the following terms that will apply to your airline credit and to your use of it:

1. You will have a $698.56 credit, valid only for flying on Philippine, within one year from the original date of issue: 06/15/2018.
2. This credit is non-transferable and non-refundable, and may only be used by the person(s) named on the original ticket for which it is being issued, regardless of who purchased the ticket(s).
3. When re-booking a trip with your credit, you understand that you must pay a re-booking fee of $325.00 per person, administrative services fee, and any difference in airfare.

4. Finally, any and all changes are subject to availability and to the airline's rules."

(I highlighted, "AS AGREED," because I did not agree. I agreed to the credit while online with a chat agent and all the rest was done offline by them. There was NEVER a mention of a $50.00 cancellation fee let alone a $325.00 re-booking fee.) I received the rest of the credit confirmation by email only to learn of the above. Just ridiculous. I have been using this company for the past several years and will never use them again. Wholly and completely dissatisfied with the company, their policies and their chat agents who hung up on me repeatedly while trying to re-book a flight from Incheon to Manila to make my connecting flight. I'm curious if others have had a similar situation? I would love to bring it to a court.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

My wife had booked a flight to try and make it to her father's last hours. Due to uncontrollable circumstances her flight was not going to get her there in time. They did refund her ticket price but was still going to charge her $50.00 for canceling the flight. It took many phone calls before we finally got someone who allowed the cancellation fee of $50.00 to be waived. Think twice before considering using this company.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Was the best experience I have ever had making flight arrangements. Outstanding customer experience, would highly recommend! The representative worked with me to ensure my trip will be a pleasant one. He patiently explained all of my travel options, very nice experience!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

The best. Very well pleased. Greatly helped with all the flight arrangements. I originally tried booking myself and ran into not getting what I was looking for. I called CheapOair and a very friendly agent solved all my problems. The entire transaction was done fast too.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Excellent service and follow through by booking representative. The service was informative and the price was probably the best that could have been obtained. The additional fee for preferred seats was also a very good deal as well and greatly appreciated... Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

We booked a flight and before I was supposed to fly out I had something unexpected happen. I called customer service and had to pay a service charge and received a credit for my flight that expired within a year. When I called back to rebook my flight they were quoting me 900-1200 dollars extra per passenger. I was extremely flexible with my dates and they could do nothing for me. Be careful with these guys. Basically I just gave them over 1200 dollars for nothing. I will never do business with them and don't recommend anyone does either.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Sent me an email that my card had not gone through. The phone number attached to said email was different from main office and service made me question their quality of service and the risk to my credit card. I called the main line to cancel only to learn a second fee had been added to "confirm" my seat and that the main billing had gone through. Canceled my booking. Had to pay. All in all charged three times. Once didn't go through, once had to be refunded, and the third was added on as a fee to resolve the other two.

CheapOair response

Ryan booked online and his credit card was declined for the preferred seating he selected on AA for $67.15, we did send an email advising to call our credit card department which is a direct line to them so he wouldn't have to sit on hold just to be transferred. The charge was for selecting seats for $14.95 which allows you priority seating, but he had selected premium so that 14.95 would be refunded,.The ticket purchase was confirmed and his credit card charged for the tickets. We did call Ryan to discuss his concerns, but was too busy to talk, and asked us to call later.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I was charged $50 to change a single letter mistyped in my name. They simply needed to change an "n" to a "b.". The man argued saying it is because the ticket needs to be reissued. I called as soon as the reservation was made. In the end I paid more than I would have through booking directly through American Airlines. Save yourself the time and frustration. Avoid them.

CheapOair Company Information