2. Travel
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.72/5

We understand that traveling can be a hassle. With CheapOair, it doesn't have to be. Our site allows travelers to easily access multiple quotes from hundreds of hotels, airlines, cruise lines and car rental companies to ensure that each customer finds a deal that best accommodates their travel needs.

CheapOair strives to provide the best customer service to our customers to help you through your booking experience. Should you encounter any bumps along the way, our team will be here to provide the best care and support.

View More View More
CheapOair Call Now Toll Free (888) 592-6410 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

CheapOair Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: March 15, 2020

Excellent Customer Service During Trying Times. I have used CheapOair a number of times because they save me time searching for flights. We have always had good experiences domestically and internationally. This time, I had a flight booked for March 20-23. Due to concern over coronavirus and multiple places at my destination closing, I needed to reschedule. I waited online for a large volume of time before I was first in queue. Once it was my turn, I dealt with two different representatives, Whitney and Dewey, who were professional and friendly despite what must have been very frustrating working conditions. Whitney offered to cancel my flight for a voucher but when I asked to reschedule it for a later date, Whitney willingly helped to make it happen. They passed me to Dewey who had the forethought to mirror travel times I had originally booked which worked perfectly for the future date as well.

Just as described, I received the re-booking confirmation in email in the timeframe I was promised. I expect that the delay in helping me quicker was due to the sheer volume of people trying to rearrange trips. Thank you to all the customer service people working in these difficult times. Be well and please continue your excellent work!

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

The agent was outstanding in every possible way. To the point I asked to talk to her supervisor at the conclusion of the call. I have over 60,000 points with Southwest Airlines. I actually called CheapOair by accident. I all but hung up when I realized my mistake. Glad I didn’t. It was a wonderful experience regarding the agents knowledge and patience. I have called CheapOair before, but this time it was noticeable for all the right reasons. For one, communication and understanding was not a issue.

Note, after I booked my flight, I called Southwest to find out that there best rate was $49 more than CheapOair’s. There are little nuances which normally favor Southwest. And they also typically have outstanding customer service. But I was sooo pleased with your agent, I decided to book the flight with you guys. I do appreciate your trying To get feedback regarding customer experience with your agent. Feel free to contact me if you need further clarification. I believe going above and beyond in performing ones job should be recognized.???

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Yesterday, 01/19/20, via laptop I was processing a flight for my granddaughter who will be 16 before her flight. I was prompted to contact a CheapOair agent. I did and was connected with Agent Kenneth. I explained to Kenneth I was trying to fly my Granddaughter alone from OKC to OGG during her school break. Kenneth explained to me for an unaccompanied minor safety he needs to search for the most direct flight, contact the airline for their specific guidelines, and to confirm her seats. Kenneth then put me on hold and returned after a few minutes with a Safer Round Trip 1-Stop Flight from OKC to OGG versus a 2-Stop less expensive flight that I had tried to book. I agreed with the 1-Stop Flight Selection because I could see/understand the safety benefits for my Granddaughter and I thanked Kenneth for this.

Kenneth took his time to help me understand this process because of the sensitive booking of my unaccompanied Granddaughter, read to me several items, and explained to me several safety tips to share with my Granddaughter like her ID Passport/be at the airports at least 3 hours early/take Granddaughter directly to the Airport Airline Counter for escort to her flight/only talk to Airline Uniformed Staff or Airport Police, and so much more. I felt what Kenneth was doing for me was beyond just a required script reading ~ Kenneth Cared for Granddaughter's Safety. I thanked Kenneth many times during our conversation. It is because of people like Kenneth that I will return to CheapOair and his people skills that make life pleasant. Thank-you Kenneth and thank-you CheapOair for having Kenneth on your team. God Bless and Happy New Year 2020. Mario **.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

My family and I are traveling to Spain for the month, from May to June. Let me just state, traveling for me represents heighten anxiety as long flights can be very, very uncomfortable. Which is only second to the frustration associated with haggling over the best airline ticket price, and the amenities. I have been using Cheap-O-Air for the past three years for Three very distinct reasons; First, I always find the flight I am looking for. Second, there is no significant haggling over the fare. Finally, the courtesy and professionalism of your representatives.

I have never spoken with a representative on the phone who did not exhibit the greatest desire to resolve an issue. Regardless of what it is, or was. As an Example: Yesterday 1/13 I booked my $4,100.00 trip to Spain to see my family. There was a slight issue regarding a charge that was not originally discussed. I was told that as representative would call me back. He did. His name was Bruce, his number is 877-590-0050 ext **. If you (Cheap-O-Air) are not properly paying him, I would like to offer him a position within my organization. I really do mean that. I am CFO of ** New Orleans, LA, El Paso, TX, Phoenix, AZ and soon New York.

Bruce exemplified a Professionalism and Customer Service that speaks volumes about an organization. Yes. I will continue to use this service, and I will open my access to communication and or special offers, without directing them to my Spam Filter. Thank you for your commitment, and courtesy. Thank you personally Bruce.

Respectfully,

Jon **

Executive Director of Compliance and Finance.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I have used CheapOair for several years and give nothing but praises for their customer service care towards servicing your reservation needs. They do their very best in finding the best deals and the dates you wish to fly out, the seats assignment you wish to have and more just to satisfy the needs of the customer. I have a special needs son. He needs to be sitting with me at all times so I can caregive for him. The person helping me (Skye) went out of her way to accommodate my needs just for my son. She found me the best deal and the seats I wanted and my departure date I requested. She was very patient with and I with her so I can get what I needed for myself and my son. Bottom line, I would never ask anyone else to do my airline hotel reservation except for CHEAPOAIR. Their quality of service is outstanding. Thank you CHEAPOAIR and thank you Skye for making our reservations. God bless and Merry Christmas.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapOair?

Original review: May 31, 2020

I booked a flight through Cheapoair and had to cancel it due to Covid; this gave me credit to use in the future. Today I called to use that credit, after finding the correct flight on their website. When I called to book it I was quoted a price 60 dollars higher than the online listing. I provided the details of that online listing to ensure we were viewing the same flight. The agent explained that since I was using credit there were "additional taxes" to pay. Basically, Cheapoair made me pay more for using a credit than I would have paid were I a new customer. This is nothing more than a scam to ensure they get extra money. This is a shame; I've booked many flights through them in the past, but will not be booking through them again, nor will I send any additional business their way.

Resolution response: June 1, 2020

Received a call from Curtis, a customer service rep. They were able to resolve my issue and promised a refund within "3 billing cycles". I had him put it in writing in case they're just blowing out hot air. In the meantime, I will update the 1 star to 3 stars until this refund comes thru. Thanks to Consumer Affairs and Curtis for reaching out.

Original review: May 30, 2020

Purchased airline tickets for travel in July 2020, had to cancel due to airline cancelling our flight and changing the return flight from a DIFFERENT country. We were supposed to fly back from Portugal, the substitute offered was a flight from Frankfurt, Germany. Filled out the form for refund request on their website and a week later was granted "future credit". Future Credit does not indicate how much is owed, when it expires, how and where I can use it. The tickets were booked on Brussels Airline reservation with actual flights on United and Air Canada. There is no way I can use the credit on a Brussels Airline flight as they do not fly our of my local airport.

Called the airline and they stated were are eligible for a refund, but we have to contact the travel agency. Took forever to talk to an agent on CheapOair, then that's when the calls kept getting disconnected. Very questionable practice, I would not do business with them again. I will be contacting my state's attorney generals office, BBB, credit card company, etc. to get every cent back.

Original review: May 29, 2020

Payments and schedule changed the waiting for almost hour, and I have to called at least four times to get a hold of a customer service which is very truly awful. After experienced long wait the customer service was very nice and helpful.

Original review: May 29, 2020

One call to rebook our return flight when there was flight changes and was able to book it. Although there were significant changes too in our rebooking due to COVID 19 pandemic we still find it is much easier to rebook a flight compared to a competitor who I have been constantly calling and sending email request to date. More than two have passed not even a single resolution was offered and the worst thing is, we are not even sure if we could get our refund to the return flight.

Original review: May 28, 2020

Booked in end of Nov 2019 to fly via Emirates to Australia at end of March 2020 but Covid-19 caused to trip to be stopped so filed in online request for refund. They replied once weeks and weeks later of a credit that must be taken up in a certain no of hours by phoning also say it would cost and $118 to do this and I would only get 3/4 of value of tickets credit for another flight which had to be used by Nov 2020 so I rung. Could not get through. Only an message left on ph at their end. They took money from our account without permission. Have had no other contact from them and heard nothing else. WOULD NEVER NEVER USE THEM EVER AGAIN.

CheapOair author review by ConsumerAffairs

CheapOair was founded in New York City in 2005 to help travelers book flights, hotel rooms and rental cars. About 20 million people visit the website each month.

• Exclusive deals: CheapOair can offer exclusive deals because it has agreements with over 450 airlines around the world.

• Customer services: CheapOair has strong customer services and an extensive FAQ section to help users find the services they need.

• Vacation packages: CheapOair bundles flights, hotels and car rentals to help travelers save money.

• Price guarantee: The company offers a best price guarantee that will match lower prices offered by other travel sites.

• Customer care: CheapOair's 24/7 customer service won the 2014 International Service Excellence Award.

• IATAN and ASTA certified: Industry certifications tell consumers that CheapOair has met industry standards for quality and customer service.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team