2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

2.4/5 (231 ratings)

About CheapOair

We understand that traveling can be a hassle. With CheapOair, it doesn't have to be. Our site allows travelers to easily access multiple quotes from hundreds of hotels, airlines, cruise lines and car rental companies to ensure that each customer finds a deal that best accommodates their travel needs.

Pros

• Discounted fares and travel deals
  • Price-match promise
  • Earn up to 2x points with app

Cons

• Cancellation fees
  • Nonrefundable tickets and fares

Bottom Line

CheapOair is great for cheap airline tickets and last-minute deals. If you don’t mind that fares are nonrefundable, you’ll enjoy the wallet-friendly travel deals on its website.

Top CheapOair Reviews

Verified

Your Travel Agent gave great service and are very pleasant and made me feel Valued. I remain appreciative. Your detailed knowledge about luggage, seating, and flight made my booki...

Verified

I am very pleased with the customer service!! The booking for the flight was very successful and I did call the next day for some information and the young lady was very helpful a...

What is CheapOair?

CheapOair partners with more than 400 carriers, including Air France, Jet Blue, Spirit Airlines and United Airlines, to provide customers with affordable, budget-friendly travel experiences. The online travel site makes it easy to compare flight, hotel or cruise options and book them at your leisure.

Each fare comes with CheapOair’s price-match promise – if you find a lower price for the exact same itinerary within 24 hours of booking, CheapOair matches it and refunds you the difference.

Due to the current COVID-19 situation, CheapOair is also working with airlines to offer a future credit or full refund on cancellations.

How does CheapOair work?

Signing up with CheapOair lets you manage your travel, check previous transactions and track flights directly from your account. Members also have the added perk of earning points on every $1 spent, which can result in discounts of up to 20% on flights and 55% on hotel bookings.

Members can also earn points by referring friends and family members or using the CheapOair credit card, which can be used to earn points on everyday purchases, flights, hotels and rental cars.

CheapOair lets you access inexpensive flight deals in more than 30,000 domestic and international locations through its online booking system. The company also partners with hotels, motels and resorts to provide discounted stays. You can get additional savings with Enterprise, Alamo and Budget through CheapOair.

The CheapOair app lets you access flights, hotels, car rentals and exclusive deals from an iOS or Android device. Customers can manage their travel on the go, receive live updates on itinerary changes or notifications and earn up to two times the amount of points by booking through the app.

CheapOair fees

Service fees for CheapOair start at $25 per fare and apply to all U.S. domestic or international flights. These fees might vary due to special circumstances, including business and first-class airfares or fares for unaccompanied minors. The table below shows CheapOair’s most common service fees.

ServiceFee
Business and first-class airfares$150 per passenger
Alternate dates and nearby airports$55 per passenger
Unaccompanied minor$100 per passenger

CheapOair FAQ

Can you get a refund on CheapOair?
All discounted airline tickets on CheapOair are nonrefundable.
Is CheapOair trustworthy?
CheapOair is a legitimate travel company that works with more than 400 carriers, including reputable brands like American Airlines, Southwest Airlines and JetBlue.
Does CheapOair have free cancellation?
At the moment, CheapOair doesn’t offer free cancellations. Cancellation fees are $50 for each airline ticket, and hotel cancellations are $25 per room.
How do I get my tickets from CheapOair?
You can choose to receive an electronic or e-ticket that is accessed online or print your ticket at an airport kiosk before departure.

Is CheapOair legit?

CheapOair has a loyalty program, deeply discounted fares and an easy booking system, and we recommend the company for budget-savvy travelers and customers looking for cheap flights. We like the company’s price-match promise that matches competitor prices. In addition to the ability to manage your account online, the online travel site also provides accessible local guides and travel tips for destinations around the world.

CheapOair Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapOair?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I have used CheapOair on a couple of occasions in the past and while I found their airfares to be competitive, I was never pleased with their Customer Service. My view has since changed and I now have great respect for their Customer Service. I certainly think they are one of the best in the business when it comes to Customer Service. The flight I booked with them was cancelled. They informed me about this cancellation, but went much further by processing the refund without any need for me to follow up with them. This was truly superb and a true lesson in excellent customer service. They did not offer any excuses or give me any runaround. They just did right by me, their customer. Contrast this with another travel agency with whom I had another cancelled flight. After 3 months, I am still unable to reach them by phone or email, and I am still waiting to hear whether they will refund me.

Cheapoair not only provides low fares, they also offer superb customer service. They seem genuinely concerned about the satisfaction of their customers and demonstrates this with their action. I respect and appreciate this especially from Cheapoair especially during the Covid pandemic, where many companies have conveniently used it as the excuse for their crappy customer services.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

The booking and flights went well (the woman who booked it was amazing) but after my first flight to my destination I received a call stating that they were from Spirit Airlines and that my flight had been cancelled and they would like to reimburse me for my flight. I explained that I had already flown to my destination. Then they said my return flight was cancelled and I stated that I was flying back on American and not Spirit. I received a second call two days later stating that they were from American airlines and that my return flight on American airlines was cancelled. They couldn't give me my correct flight # and when I told them about the previous call and their voices sounded the same the call ended. There also was no problem with the flights. My concern is where did they get my # to call except with my reservation with you. The phone called to me was the same for both calls #254-278-4190. You might want to check into this. Thank you!

Original review: July 26, 2020

My customer service representative was Kelton. He was very patient, thorough and attentive. He repeated the itinerary to me several times to make sure that I understood. He called me back when he said he would to update me on the status of my booking and provided me with my confirmation number. He explained the cost of the fees that I had to pay (the difference in fare price) and what they were. He explained the process clearly. In all I’m very happy with the service that was provided. In spite of the current challenges, I feel that the service was not sacrificed. It was hard to hear him at times because of the static, I figured that he probably was working from home like everyone else. That’s my only complaint, but it’s doesn’t affect my overall satisfaction for the great service that I received. Thank you to all of the representatives who work really hard for us.

Original review: July 25, 2020

I enjoyed the convenience of their service. When I needed to change my departure date, customer service bent over backwards to make sure my needs were met. They made everything go smoothly. I appreciate their help. I fly from New England to Alaska very frequently. The check in process, getting my boarding passes and all that was quick and convenient. The connection flights were perfectly timed, where I didn't feel rushed, but wasn't sitting around some strange airport for a long duration. The flights themselves were fast and friendly. As far as having CheapO Air handle my travels, I will happily continue to give them my business.

Original review: July 16, 2020

I had a trip planned to AZ in one month, to visit old friends. Sun City is primarily persons 50 or older, friends are older than that. However, they are into the masks and I will not wear one as I do not have the virus but I do have COPD and breathing with masks is not healthy for me, plus I think requiring them if you're not ill is illegal. I felt rather than go out there and face people who are convinced the mask is good or put my friends in an awkward position I would delay my trip till this blows over. When I phoned to see if my trip could be postponed I spoke with Miko. Miko was very polite, very helpful and a total pleasure to deal with. I was very happy with the results of the call and extremely pleased with the service I received from Miko.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 6, 2021

We booked a flight to Los Angeles in October 2020 for April 2021. My boyfriend was having up to 4 bloody noses a day and we found out he has a deviated septum and he had to have surgery. We tried to get our money back but all they did was give us a partial credit and make us pay an extra $50 for that. When we tried to use the credit they tried to charge us an extra $93 in service fees. I am trying to call United to see if I can get a refund. The worst part is that he paid for insurance and he can't get ahold of the insurance company by phone, e-mail or fax.

Original review: May 5, 2021

Updated on 05/08/2021: FLIGHT IS NEXT WEEK SUNDAY, NO CAR. I had booked a car rental for 8 day stay in Honolulu a month ago with Cheapoair. NOW it's cancelled because of a miscommunication of a travel agent, I was expecting a refund of one day worth instead my WHOLE BOOKING is cancelled. The airline kept on changing my flight times, and in the end we ended up losing a day off of our trip, so all I wanted was a refund or a discount for the 1 day lost on the car rental booking. I paid around $658 previously, now they are saying that it will cost $6000 for the same car and only 7 days of renting. Cheapoair not only has horrible customer service, hanging up on calls, flights being constantly changed, and no communication to customers. I have no idea how I will be traveling around Hawaii, I guess I'll just WALK!

Original Review: Horrible service, we have less than a week left until our flight departure. YET our itinerary was changed over 4 TIMES, and our flight is still not confirmed. I've been calling the past 2 MONTHS, trying to get a confirmation of our new flight changes and have had all the travel agents telling us to wait for the confirmation from airline. Which Ive done every single day, and no progress has been made. They escalated my case to HR, and we still have not gotten a call back or ANY progress on our reservations. At this point we might lose all our money! Please don't use this agency ever, will not answer your questions instead will just beat around the bush.

Resolution response: May 4, 2021

After I posted this, they did call me and we arranged a refund without any issues.

Original review: April 24, 2021

I have spent a total of 2 hours waiting after the useless chatbot told me an average of about 5 minutes. They ask in advance what it is about, and when you choose cancel, they leave you hanging. I did get someone fairly quickly with another issue, but it seems they avoid refunds by forcing the chatbot on you to make you reveal what you want, then simply never responding. If you want your flights changed without your consent without being able to cancel, this is your service. I, on the other hand, will be booking directly with the airlines from now on.

CheapOair response

This has been resolved with the customer.

Original review: April 24, 2021

We bought a ticket yesterday where the customer service assured us that the flight was refundable within 24 hours (22nd April 2021). Interestingly enough we were booked on a flight we wouldn’t be allowed to transit through due to the country’s COVID Guidelines that the company had no idea about. However when we called back to cancel after we found out about the country’s guidelines, a few minutes before the 24 hour period we were constantly put on hold till the period expired.

The app did not allow us to cancel tickets and we were being directed to customer support who spoke to us as though we were not initiating the cancelling process through their app. We were not allowed to talk to supervisors, were given wrong information that airlines are not refunding or cancelling tickets. That’s USD $1800 of our hard earned money that feels like it was practically scammed from us by placing us on hold for extremely long periods of time. This is extremely unfair and unprofessional for a company, especially during COVID -19.

Original review: April 24, 2021

I booked a business class round trip ticket via Cheapoair for $4500 and the flight was cancelled due to Covid. Cheapoair offered me a voucher, charged a $25 fee, and assured me that I could rebook the same exact flight as soon as the covid restrictions were lifted. Nine days later the restrictions were lifted so I immediately called to rebook and they wanted to charge me an addition $9,000 (yes, that's - NINE THOUSAND DOLLARS) to rebook the same flight and threatened to cancel the voucher if I didn't pay. SCAMMERS. THIEVES. LIARS. Stay away. Complete scam.

CheapOair Company Information