It's that easy Request Information
3.05/5
Based on 819 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

We understand that traveling can be a hassle. With CheapOair, it doesn't have to be. Our site allows travelers to easily access multiple quotes from hundreds of hotels, airlines, cruise lines and car rental companies to ensure that each customer finds a deal that best accommodates their travel needs.

CheapOair strives to provide the best customer service to our customers to help you through your booking experience. Should you encounter any bumps along the way, our team will be here to provide the best care and support.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

5327 CheapOair Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

My experiences so far in booking my travel, communicating with representatives, completing my travel have been great. The staff at CheapOair are both knowledgeable and courteous; they do their level best to cater to the customers' needs. This reflects great credit upon the entire team at CheapOair and I applaud them and is recommending this organization to the top echelon of travel booking. Great Job everyone.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I didn't have the patience to get this done by way of online. I decided to call and speak with a rep. The lady that I spoke with was very thorough, professional, downright personable! Very happy that I made the call. She assisted me with getting my arrangements Confirmed!!! I'll give her a 10...

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Barcelona airfare. Stanley the agent was really helpful and very patience. I had a friend who also needed to make the same reservation and had the same awesome experience. I will definitely book again. I am a former customer and enjoy your customer service experience.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Booked Aug 3rd. But called to finish it. When received the confirmation the date was wrong and the gender. Called back to get it fixed a few hours later and they gave me a new booking # but now the total was $126 more plus other extras. After 2 hour on the phone they agreed to cancel & refund everything. Next morning see double charge. 2+hrs on phone. Waited a week only half $ back. After 6 hrs on the phone (not kidding) with 3 different people nobody can fix it.

They had a second reservation I didn't know about with the wrong dates but they won't do anything to fix it. They answer and leave me on the phone up to 2:14:18 hrs while asking to a supervisor then come back and say they have to review the recordings but can't give a solution. This it's been going on for 3 days and still waiting for a supervisor to call me back. The website does not have a reservation when I check it. Had never had such a bad experience. Don't use CheapOair.com to book a travel.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

This is the WORST third party agent to book anything through. On July 13th 2018 I booked a two night reservation for Aug 10-12th. My flight was set to arrive at 12:15 am and unfortunately, due to horrible weather my flight after 3 am. Which means I was over 3 hours late for my reservation. I did not arrive to the hotel until almost 4 am. Reservation went from 2 nights to 1 night. CheapOair has taken me in circles trying to get some type of credit and/or refund. They are telling me it is my fault and I should have called them. NEVER WILL I USE CHEAPOAIR AGAIN!!! And I'm going to tell everyone I know the same.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapOair?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

It was a very good day to talked to somebody who knows the subject I'm trying to discuss with. He is a professional in this field of business. Although I forgot the name the of this agent but sure you can track down the history of this situation. I highly recommend his professionalism regarding this field.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

The online system needs work; car rental is not recording all bookings and it is not possible to change the dates, it is locked on the original booking dates. The online checking didn’t work for me. I couldn’t find European booking a interesting price. Otherwise things are good and still using CheapOair.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I called rep to ask why I was only getting 20 dollars back from a refund (wrong date) and she was very courteous, respectful, nice and very helpful and got most of my money back. I was on hold a few time but I didn't mind as long as my issue was resolved.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I booked flight tickets and immediately after confirming the booking a window for seat selection popped up which I closed; despite that the seats were confirmed and additional charges were added for that. I tried calling their different numbers (24/7 support numbers) continuously for sometime but no one answers them.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

The flight was changed for me so that it matched my husband’s, but I was not given the opportunity to pick seats to coincide with his, and my middle name was added to the ticket. You did not ask if my middle name is on my license - it is not. So now my ticket will not match my ID.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

This is a scam. I REPEAT, DO NOT BUY TRAVEL PROTECTION PLAN AT CHEAPOAIR. I bought plan after reading about it at the time of buying a ticket from Cleveland to Orlando. Due to a certain unavoidable circumstance, I needed to change the booking (having the protection plan's initial verbiage in mind that falsely "assured peace of mind.")

When I tried changing the flight, not only the responder with heavy accented almost shouted at me but also told me that this Protection Plan is not valid for voluntary changes. What?? Voluntary changes. I have some issues that barred me from traveling at that time. And I wanted another time in view of the Protection Plan. No. Not at all. Later I reviewed the site. I feel that CheapOair is scam and so is their Travel Protection Plan etc. They do not have any decent booking agents who could talk properly. Either they are sitting in some call centers in China or in Philippines and/or extremely rude to talk to. Please do not use CheapOair.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

The woman who helped me with my flights went above and beyond to resolve a number of issues I had. She looked for and found a number of possible solutions. She presented each one in an objective manner so I never felt like I was being coerced into picking one.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I have spoken with someone about a cancelation on a car rental, which was canceled a week before my trip and they told me to give it at least 14 days for a refund. I did get a refund, but it was not what I paid for the rental, and I get that there is a fee for canceling, but $220 is a big discrepancy on what is owed to me. Every time I email now they tell me they are working on it. It doesn't take a month to put my money back on my card. I will never use this company again. There are so many other companies out there that can do a better job. This was my first and LAST time using this company!

I'm disappointed that someone can't do their job. It cannot be that hard to look at an account, and say, “Oh I'm so sorry for the confusion, and mistake we will fix it right away”, not, “We are looking into it”, and every time I make contact, that is what I get. How long does it take? Not a month! I did not get insurance on the car so that certainly isn't the excuse, so what is it? Bad customer service? I would say yes! Just very disappointed. And It seems as customers we have no recourse except to complain about bad service. And unfortunately customer service has just gotten worse over the years.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Booked return tickets online Toronto - Cairo - Toronto. We were told we were allowed 2 PCS 23 KG each passenger. At the check in we were told that we are allowed only 1 PC and had to pay $100.00 for the second suitcase. CheapOair failed to inform us that we were only allowed PCS on the flight back to Toronto.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I thought that CheapOair was going to provide me and my family of four to Europe with a good price and service. I ended up paying WAY MORE due to a slight error in one of the names (middle name). They didn't consider the value of my tickets and they had to charge me for this error ($1300), no regard to anything. Their rep was so excited I did this mistake (apparently getting a good bonus).

I have called Lufthansa which was the carrier for my trip and they have indicated that they could fix this slight error but they are obliged not to because of their contract with CheapOair. The rep used scare tactics to get me to cancel a ticket and get a new one with the corrected name. TOTAL disregard to us (customers)... an opportunistic web service... I advise to reserve with the airline directly and pay few dollars more... Believe me. It's worth it.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Absolutely terrible service! I booked a three legged trip from Vermont to California; set to leave at 5:30 am and land in CA in the early evening on the same day. The price was fair (though nothing amazingly cheap). They booked me on two different airlines. The bad part started when they reported to me a "change in itinerary".

They had rebooked me on a next day flight - meaning I was going to leave at the same time, 5:30am on a Monday, but then would have 2 layovers, a 14 hour in JFK and an 18 hour in Las Vegas and not arrive home until 36 hours later on Tuesday. This meant I was going to miss a whole day of work and my wages. I called them and asked for help. The rep was rude, spoke poor English and totally unhelpful. He said there was nothing they could do. I wound up asking the airline reps in person during the course of my travels and was able to get on standby. So $175 and 22 hours (instead of 36 - what should have been a 8 -10 hour day at the most) I made it home. I will never never never book through CheapOair again (the name really says it all).

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

The person who handled my issue was great. He went out of his way to do whatever he could to get my seats booked. At first the seating was restricted to assignment at boarding. I told him I had little children traveling with me so he took it upon himself and took it to a different level. Bottom line I got the seats booked together.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I made air reservations by phone. The rep did not ask for our known traveler numbers. I reminded him & assumed he put them in. They did not send them to the airline, so we did not get TSA PreCheck. When I just called to tell them, he said "There is nothing I can do about it now. So sorry." Hung up on me!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I love CheapOair. I always get my tickets at a great price and the time of the flight was great! I speak to the same gentlemen every year when I book. Please give him credit where credit is due. He's awesome. I don't remember his name but he was so polite and friendly! Thanks again!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Happy with service no problems noted. Service rep very polite and courteous. I would use the service again. When I plan to fly again, I will use them and recommend them to other people for them to use. Easy to get to site and print out materials.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Was polite, courteous, and professional. I appreciate him calling me back when our call dropped. There are so many people that don’t want to do their job. I was on the phone with him for 2 hours while he tried to find the best flight for my grandson.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Your agent Radnor has helped me a lot with my booking and he was able to give me all that I need to know about my flight. I already recommended your company to my co-workers and friends. Hoping to book my forthcoming flights soon.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I have used CheapOair probably 15 times previously. It is currently Saturday and I am on vacation until Tuesday. I got an email from CheapOair today Saturday saying my flight was moved by the airline to Monday evening. That is not an option as I have housing arrangements until Tuesday. I called to let them know that would not work. Their response, "You can leave Monday or Wednesday".

Once again I explained I have housing until TUESDAY not Wednesday. I told them I need help finding a flight on Tuesday as that is when I originally had a flight for me and my Girlfriend and Child to return home. The next response, "We will refund your flight". Ok so the flight I booked 4 months ago will be refunded so I can book a flight 3 days in advance that will be 3 or 4 times more expensive. That does not add up. I explained this and at this point, he said, "this is all we can do for you." At no point was I offered a different airline even if it was an additional cost. I can say I will obviously not use CheapOair anymore as I am now looking for flights for my family. Thank you for your time.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

My husband and I went to CheapOair to book a flight, seven months in advance the trip happening in Feb. 2019. We booked a flight with specific dates and after booking, we see the confirmation screen and noticed the return date was different. After a horrible experience with a CheapOair customer rep. we realized that the website has a fraud integrated mechanism in booking airfares which automatically inserts an alternate date just after is booked to extort additional fees from the consumer. We called to make the change seconds after booking and they couldn't give us a decent accommodation but wanted to charge us double for the return date change plus the worst accommodations times ever. We decided to cancel and get a refund.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

The flight attendant I spoke with helped me with my flight information. The person I contacted was very polite and helpful. I feel comfortable in acquiring information from the agents at this airline. I will seek this airline for future reservations. Thank you very much.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I had the opportunity to speak with a couple of representatives of CheapOair and they are very pleasant and take care of the issues needed. They are attentive to the customers' questions and help them to resolve what is needed to the end of the conversation.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Bookings for 2 seniors from Victoria BC Canada to Newark. A young man from New Delhi dealt with my difficult bookings. I did not write down his name. His English was perfect, his manners were impeccable and he spent a couple of hours helping me out. I hope he will be commended for the work he did. I hope I will speak to him the next time I choose CheapOair.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I booked my flight with CheapOair. Unfortunately they provided wrong email address to the airline and I wasn't able to check in online resulting a fee of EUR$110 ($180 cad$) for checking in over the counter in Dublin. CheapOair denied any responsibility for the mistake and even after various phone calls they refused any reimbursement or goodwill to resolve this. Please stay AWAY to avoid hassle while abroad. Former customer.

No response received
Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

This booking site charges $150 cancellation fee in addition to cancellation charged by airlines. This is a ripoff. I would never book tickets from this site. This is my first and last experience with CheapOair. It is better to use other reputed sites.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

The gentleman who helped me was very kind and polite. Although his accent was so strong I had him repeat what he was saying many times. He did so with the up most respectful tone which I appreciated. Last year my Australian trip was so wonderful and the ticket price was even better. I recommend CheapOair to many of my friends and family.

CheapOair expert review by ConsumerAffairs

CheapOair was founded in New York City in 2005 to help travelers book flights, hotel rooms and rental cars. About 20 million people visit the website each month.

• Exclusive deals: CheapOair can offer exclusive deals because it has agreements with over 450 airlines around the world.

• Customer services: CheapOair has strong customer services and an extensive FAQ section to help users find the services they need.

• Vacation packages: CheapOair bundles flights, hotels and car rentals to help travelers save money.

• Price guarantee: The company offers a best price guarantee that will match lower prices offered by other travel sites.

• Customer care: CheapOair's 24/7 customer service won the 2014 International Service Excellence Award.

• IATAN and ASTA certified: Industry certifications tell consumers that CheapOair has met industry standards for quality and customer service.

• Best for: Domestic and international travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

CheapOair Company Information

NY
www.cheapoair.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business