Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I have used CheapOAir for the past several years and to date I have had excellent service. When I called to inquire about scheduling issues I was greeted warmly by the person on the phone and they were able to resolve all my issues.

The booking agent was very helpful. We would be using CheapOair in future too. He was polite and professional. He knew his job very well and was compassionate. You should offer more services to new clients like us. CheapOair is a very helpful source of finding and buying air tickets with very affordable prices.

I was having trouble booking online as I could not seem to pick my seat. I called the toll free number and the agent was very nice. He did all the booking and even got me a better price. He book the seats and that was cheaper to do than online, but alas, I received a notice and credit for the seats since the airport requires a different check in. Too bad about that, but I will use customer service in the future to book my flights, much easier and always better to talk to a person.

The representative was very helpful finding me some reasonable flight to New York. She took her time to go over the information to make sure there were no mistakes. I will recommend CheapOair to my friends any time. When she didn't understand me she ask for me to repeat it once again. She was able to give me an extra .40 cents discount on my bill.

I was thinking that it will take time and complicated to reschedule my flight itinerary but once able to contact the customer service, it was done fast and easy. Customer service is excellent, very courteous in assisting me to reschedule my flight. Thank you.

Since we didn't find it possible to confirm on our Car rentals with Dollar in YYZ, we called your agent and she did it for us, and resent us the needed confirmations. The experience dealing with your agents is always good and this time was the same.

When flights were booked, I thought it took care of seating. Called back months later just to check on the flights and was told about seat assignment. After hearing what he had to say, I bought seat #s. Called back that same day and the rep said "no, but you may not be seated together". That was fine just as long as we got there at the same time... we can talk later. But I couldn't get a refund. Yes, I was upset because I couldn't get my money back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapOair?

Two agents assisted me with this reservations. Both agents were extremely polite, helpful and a pleasure to deal with. Their English was very good so understanding each other was no problem. I've always had good experiences with CheapOair and will continue using them when I need a flight.

CheapOair

Iris, first of all thank you for your business. I have looked over the reservation and see that you spoke with a billing agent who explained the charges. In January you booked 4 tickets including an infant, you were given a total cost of $949.00 for tickets including taxes and fees, we have your electronic signature agreeing to the total. You were also given a alert on the payment page that you will be billed in 2 separate transactions, not sure if you saw that or remember that. But we charged you for the air ticket in one charge, and the taxes and fees in a separate where both totaled the amount of $949.00. You added travel insurance for $51.00 total $1000.00 so when adding up the 2 charges you saw they equal the agreed upon purchase price. You also added a car rental,. that has it's own separate charges. But we consider this resolved, as there are not hidden fees, you were advised two separate charges, and everything you agreed to pay, is exactly what was charged.

We do apologies for any confusion.

CheapOaiar

Original review: March 24, 2017

I bought a ticket for 3 adult and a baby to Costa Rica. The price of the ticket was included the tax and fee. When I get the credit card bill I was surprised to see that they charge me tax and fee on top of the ticket prices. When I called they say WHY I didn't say anything when I bought the tickets. They asked if I want to cancel. When I say yes they told me that I have to still pay the airline fee so I am losing if I cancel or not. So if you buy tickets from CheapOair, be careful of hidden prices that you not ready for.

The person that help me secure a plane reservation for my wife and me was very professional and most importantly saved me at least $100 on the plane reservation I was going to make on the internet by myself. They were a big help on a complicated reservation. Thank you CheapOair.

I purchased my ticket on Feb 28th 2017, but I didn't get the traveler insurance. So I called the next day and asked if I could purchase it at a later date and was told yes but make sure I purchased it at least 10 days before my travel date of May 2nd 2017. I called back today twice to purchase the insurance and was told by one of the reps that insurance wasn't available for my route, and then told by the second rep that I had to purchase it within 14 working days of my ticket purchase. So now I have been told 3 different things by 3 different people and I still don't have travel insurance. Not to mention I was referred to CheapOair by my friend. I am a very dissatisfied customer right now.

The assistant was very helpful and explained everything and did exactly as I requested. The only problem is that you have too many people that do not speak clear and concise English and it makes it difficult to understand and unsure whether you are getting what was requested.

I sent email them regarding amount concern they get back to me. When I sent email to them regarding cancellation no one get back to me. I have done 4 times email to them. I tried to get NZ contact number. When I got it and call them they said "We can't help you out through email" even they don't response the email because they got too many emails. Very bad service.

Resolution In Progress

Charges were added to the tickets equal to approximately 30% of the actual ticket cost for processing fees by CheapOAir, without disclosing that these fees were a part of the total costs. These charges did not become apparent until an email from the airlines disclosed what the ACTUAL airfare charges were! NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!!! No reputable Travel Agency charges for their services.

Factual basis uncertain

Was sold ticket on overbooked flight. Was seated on plane then taken off, put on later flight which caused my pickup to wait four extra hours then drove in the dark. I was in a wheelchair, brought to wrong gate and I pushed chair to correct gate and made my original flight in plenty of time (5410) gate 23. I sat on plane buckled up and agent told me I needed to get off plane. My ticket was paid for and I did nothing wrong. Then I was brought to another plane on a floor with no bathroom or access to food. The aid who brought me to new flight was told to go to gate 30 & no one there then was brought to customer service where I was told I should of received promised check at gate 23. They sent me back to gate 30, but first got food, then went to gate 30, received check then back down to ground floor where no bathrooms and was wheeled put to bus to get off and taken up ramp of second plane.

I am diabetic and have leg/knee problems that cause extreme pain sitting in one position too long. Therefore I book direct flights and always on time. I have flown many times this past year and half with 5 of those times awful. This last time was one of the worst experiences. And the attendants who wheel handicap persons should not put their hand out for a tip. The first attendant did and was rude. I gave her no tip. There has been times I have sat in airport for 7 hrs on the floor with no bathroom or food and paid out tips totaling $35. I am worried about booking the next three tickets for my family to visit in April because of this past experience.

I had a previous ticket to South Carolina. I changed it in to go to Arizona. The ticket was twice cheaper than going to South Carolina. The Agent was really great! He put me in for first class business seats instead of going Economy. That was really smart of his quick thinking. I also got a car rental through CheapOair. I got a good deal.

Special care was given by your agent. I had wrongly purchased a 1-way ticket to a funeral. He fixed my mistake and found the best price possible for round trip so I could be with family during our loss. Highly recommend.

I was promised that I will get the seats assigned and seat no. emailed to me, within 5 hours of booking. When I did not received email I called. I was disconnected 4 times. Fifth time the customer service ass. said that he can not find the plane's seating plan and cannot help me. I was forced to ask him for refund of the fees that I had paid for travel assistance plan for 3 tickets.

I change to a different date for travel, Hansie was helpful but book us to a flight that cost us over $1500 per ticket, because I could not see the total charge. I spoke to Dwight, the supervisor, he help to change to the flight that we wanted, which is through Alaska air to Tacoma and connect to Eva air to Taipei. The ticket price is 1174.46 per person with taxes included. This ticket need to be reviewed, because the taxes are double charged. As far as the help, they DID wonderful job in helping us get to the flight that we wanted. Thank you.

CheapOair

Mr. Braybrook, we have reviewed the reservation and Ryan air was not able to confirm the outbound flight from Manchester to Dublin, we did forward an email to you back in Nov. advising the transaction was pending, but you never opened up the email, therefore never called us until 3 months later. Only the return flight with Ryan air was confirmed. You did tell us Mar 19 not to worry about confirming the flight for you on the outbound, therefore we didn't and we returned our service fee. At that point you advised this was okay, and you would take care of rebooking the unconfirmed segment. We are very sorry for the inconvenience, and wish it could of been handled in Nov. when we first learned they could not confirm.

Regards,

CheapOair

Original review: March 19, 2017

We have booked a trip to Dublin from Manchester for 12. We both booked at the same time as we could only do 6 at once through separate payment methods. I managed to check the first 6 in through Ryanair no problem but when I tried to check the second group of 6 through CheapOair and I could only check us in for the return journey. Contacted Ryanair and no sight of us whatsoever as it hadn't been done by CheapOair. I have had no email, phone call or anything to alert me that this hadn't been booked. The only information I have had is the confirmation when I initially booked it in good time in November which included both ways.

Now the flights have gone up CheapOair are trying to do anything but get me on this flight as the price has gone up by some way and are trying to push that cost my way. They also thought because they hadn't taken the money it would be ok. I WANT THE FLIGHT I BOOKED AT THE PRICE QUOTED IN GOOD TIME AND FAITH. This is not my fault and DO not understand how your business model works if you can book a flight with you but can't actually rely that it's booked. You offered, have alternative flights, but they are no good. WE ARE GOING AS A GROUP! With transport already booked to the same airport at the same time...CheapOair really made me feel like it was my fault and really need a resolve ASAP because if this doesn't work I will pursue for cost incurred.

CheapOair

Dear JOhn, we show that we sent you several emails to your aol account, and everyone was opened. You made changes to the reservation back October and the new ticket number was sent. We also sent a agent survey in October which you opened and read, then adding of meals in Dec. we also sent another email, all in which would have your existing reservation for departing on March 16, You called march 17 and now the flight has past and you are now considered a no show. We can request a waiver from the airline to allow the ticket to be re-opened so that you can at least use the credit, but you will have the airline change fee, and airfare difference. But we did send you several emails that you did receive, so not sure how the travel date was missed.

Our apologies for the inconvenience, and please contact us if you need us to request a waiver.I will forward you a document to your aol account with the emails we sent, dates, and times, and you can also when they were opened.

CheapOair

Original review: March 18, 2017

I was suppose to go to the Philippines yesterday, but I never received my tickets. When I called I got someone I had a hard time understanding and I think the same went for him. But for I could understand they was suppose to send the tickets to me 3 times but on my aol account which I use. I check it everyday and I also check my spam folder just in case there is something in there that doesn't belong. I don't know how you could even verify this but all I know I'm still at home and out of a tidy sum of money and no vacation either. I still want to go but I don't know when I would be able to now. At this moment I'm not very happy with them. To me they just ripped me off and I'm afraid I'm going to lose my money on this.

I booked two flights in succession through CheapOair and I was under the impression the first one was cancelled. They claim on their website if you cancel within four hours there is no cancellation fee. I called within four hours and due to a misunderstanding and unbeknownst to me it was not cancelled. I then had to cancel the second flight due to change of plans and knowing there would be a fee (it was a whooping $400). After two weeks the first flight I booked had still not been refunded like they said it would be (within 7-14 days). I contacted them and found out it had not been cancelled. That is $800 out of my pocket for a flight I never took. They never refunded all of my money like they said they would if you cancel "within four hours."

I would not recommend CheapOair to anyone; they don't care about keeping their customers. When I called about my refund, they transferred me to four different agents, constantly spoke over me and would not let me finish my sentence. They were not helpful at all nor were they polite. They then told my husband they would call within 48 hours and did not. They ultimately stole my money, stay away.

CheapOair

Mr. Gardiner, after reviewing your reservation, the payment was indeed made to the airline on Jan. 1. that is when your reservation was made, and tickets issued. travel wasn't until Jan. 4 allowing plenty of time for the airline to have received your payment of $130.00 for 2 tickets. In the meantime, we requested you to send us the receipt for the tickets you purchased at the counter, but unfortunately you didn't save them! the airline request we have submitted required a receipt and your explanation as to why you purchased new tickets, and the proof, however, you advised us to contact the airline for them. This has been ongoing for months due to the fact we don't have the necessary paper trail, and Indonesia airlines has not authorized a refund as of yet. We have been staying in contact with you, and will continue to update you as we receive more information.

Original review: March 17, 2017

I booked 2 Air Asia tickets with Cheapoair early January 2017, upon arrival at the airport check in counter I was advised that the airline had not been paid by Cheapoair and subsequently my tickets were not available leaving me no option other than to book and REPAY at the check in gate. Despite many emails back and forth to Cheapoair and their assurance that they were following my issue up with the airline I am as of today (4 Months later) still awaiting the refund of my original payment due to the non supply by Cheapoair. PARTICULARLY bad business practice.

CheapOair

Dear Belen, In regards to booking #, on the charges you should see four charges of $283.05 from United for the original ticket purchase. These four charges are the original ticket's before the changes were made, these charges have also been canceled as we reissued the ticket's and you will see four refunds of $283.05 from United with in 7-14 business days. The charge of $1,132.20 from CheapOair is for the valid ticket's to travel on. Regards Billing Department

Original review: March 17, 2017

I purchased tickets for my kids and I and my total came out to $1,132.20. I looked on my bank account statement and I was charged two times for my flights. When I called to ask why there was two charges the representative was so rude. He acted like it was my fault. He said, "The damage was done and that's life". I asked when I would be refunded and he said 7-14 days but I do not have the luxury of waiting that long because I have other bills and items I need to pay. I have the call recorded and would like to share with CheapOair's supervisor or manager.

Return flights have been cancelled by airline. Agents working to get me back in late July. I may also be interested in a change with flight from Reykjavik to Stuttgart, a three day layover, and the Stuttgart to Lisbon to Boston to Daytona Beach.

Poor customer service!!! I was on hold for over 1hr for making changes to my reservations. This is the most painful experience with no solution to my problems. I will never recommend this company to anyone not even my enemy.

Resolution In Progress

Those people show you flights that are canceled as perfectly normal. Then when the customer misleadingly buys a ticket, they refuse to do a refund without any penalty. So essentially, they make their CUSTOMERS PAY FOR THEIR MISTAKES. What a bunch of crooked thieves! I was booking 2 separate flights. I looked in CheapOair's system and found: Flight 1: Calgary to London Gatwick. Departing on May 8th and arriving in London Gatwick at 10:35 am on May 9th. Flight 2: London Luton to Sofia, Bulgaria. Departing London at 8:20 pm (evening) and arriving in Sofia at 1:05 am on May 10.

I clicked "Select" on both flights to ensure that the flights are available. Everything appeared to be fine. I proceeded to fill out my info for Flight 1. All was good. I purchased the flight. Done deal. Then I moved on to Flight 2. Once again, I filled out everything and hit "Reserve". But then the system gave me an error, which was not about a filled flight. I phoned CheapOair and even they were seeing this flight as normal. So they tried to book me on it from their end - without success. So I asked to get a refund on my first flight, as there were no other night flights from London to Sofia in the price range that I was after. All options were in the hundreds-of-dollars price range, whereas my original flight was only 66 dollars. I got transferred to some other department, where they argued with me for 15 minutes that they must charge me 50 dollars for the cancellation.

Eventually they said they'll bring it down to $25. So I agreed because I was tired of arguing with those thieves. At the end of the day, they charged me $25 because I was canceling a flight 30 minutes after purchasing it, due to THEIR OWN mistake. Absolutely horrible service. I will make sure to NEVER EVER again buy from CheapOair and I will tell this to all my friends, relatives and I will post this experience in all flying forums available. PS: The reason I could only flight in the evening was because I wouldn't have enough transfer time from London Gatwick to London Luton or any other airport. You screwed up BIG time, CheapOair! BIG TIME!

Booking to Cancun roundtrip - I'm 99% pleased with my experience... I always, to date, use this company. My only problem is they declined to offer me the discounts via promo code or credit card via the points collected which gave me an additional 15 dollars off. Other than that I love this co.

I have booked a flight with a protection plan. I needed to cancel the flight ticket which they cancelled for me but they never refunded the money and every time I speak to someone they say they will call back and they never did. I have called the customer service several times and no help. It's been over a month and more than 10 calls. And I have been getting the run around between CheapOair, the airline company, and the insurance company. I don't understand why is it so complicated if I have insurance. It's such a hassle to get anything handle.

It was a little nerve racking trying to get through the process, but finally I was able to book the flight I needed. The online process is a bit complicated so I had to call in and ask for help. Thank you.

We first booked our trip in January (It's scheduled for May this year). Since then (It's now March), we have needed to make several additions and changes. CheapOair agents have been helpful, friendly, and understanding throughout. There have only been nominal fees in some cases, none in others. If the airlines were this customer-friendly, traveling would be very different. We would not hesitate to use CheapOair for future trips. In fact, we would recommend CheapOair for anyone!

Very happy with person I booked with. He helped me get what I was looking for... Price-wise, date, and airport. He explained things to help with my trip. He was very knowledgeable in his job. I will use CheapOair again and share my good experience with this company.

CheapOair Company Profile