2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.83/5

We understand that traveling can be a hassle. With CheapOair, it doesn't have to be. Our site allows travelers to easily access multiple quotes from hundreds of hotels, airlines, cruise lines and car rental companies to ensure that each customer finds a deal that best accommodates their travel needs.

CheapOair strives to provide the best customer service to our customers to help you through your booking experience. Should you encounter any bumps along the way, our team will be here to provide the best care and support.

BOTTOM LINE

CheapOair is great for cheap airline tickets and last-minute deals. If you don’t mind that fares are nonrefundable, you’ll enjoy the wallet-friendly travel deals on its website.

PROS

• Discounted fares and travel deals
  • Price-match promise
  • Earn up to 2x points with app

CONS

• Cancellation fees
  • Nonrefundable tickets and fares

Top CheapOair Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapOair?

Your Travel Agent gave great service and are very pleasant and made me feel Valued. I remain appreciative. Your detailed knowledge about luggage, seating, and flight made my booking so much more easier. ... Thanks for all you do. I will share my great customer service experience with everyone!

I am very pleased with the customer service!! The booking for the flight was very successful and I did call the next day for some information and the young lady was very helpful and respectful! Thanks again and for sure I would refer friends and family to your business.

What is CheapOair?

CheapOair partners with more than 400 carriers, including Air France, Jet Blue, Spirit Airlines and United Airlines, to provide customers with affordable, budget-friendly travel experiences. The online travel site makes it easy to compare flight, hotel or cruise options and book them at your leisure.

Each fare comes with CheapOair’s price-match promise – if you find a lower price for the exact same itinerary within 24 hours of booking, CheapOair matches it and refunds you the difference.

Due to the current COVID-19 situation, CheapOair is also working with airlines to offer a future credit or full refund on cancellations.

How does CheapOair work?

Signing up with CheapOair lets you manage your travel, check previous transactions and track flights directly from your account. Members also have the added perk of earning points on every $1 spent, which can result in discounts of up to 20% on flights and 55% on hotel bookings.

Members can also earn points by referring friends and family members or using the CheapOair credit card, which can be used to earn points on everyday purchases, flights, hotels and rental cars.

CheapOair lets you access inexpensive flight deals in more than 30,000 domestic and international locations through its online booking system. The company also partners with hotels, motels and resorts to provide discounted stays. You can get additional savings with Enterprise, Alamo and Budget through CheapOair.

The CheapOair app lets you access flights, hotels, car rentals and exclusive deals from an iOS or Android device. Customers can manage their travel on the go, receive live updates on itinerary changes or notifications and earn up to two times the amount of points by booking through the app.

CheapOair fees

Service fees for CheapOair start at $25 per fare and apply to all U.S. domestic or international flights. These fees might vary due to special circumstances, including business and first-class airfares or fares for unaccompanied minors. The table below shows CheapOair’s most common service fees.

ServiceFee
Business and first-class airfares$150 per passenger
Alternate dates and nearby airports$55 per passenger
Unaccompanied minor$100 per passenger

CheapOair FAQ

Can you get a refund on CheapOair?
All discounted airline tickets on CheapOair are nonrefundable.
Is CheapOair trustworthy?
CheapOair is a legitimate travel company that works with more than 400 carriers, including reputable brands like American Airlines, Southwest Airlines and JetBlue.
Does CheapOair have free cancellation?
At the moment, CheapOair doesn’t offer free cancellations. Cancellation fees are $50 for each airline ticket, and hotel cancellations are $25 per room.
How do I get my tickets from CheapOair?
You can choose to receive an electronic or e-ticket that is accessed online or print your ticket at an airport kiosk before departure.

Is CheapOair legit?

CheapOair has a loyalty program, deeply discounted fares and an easy booking system, and we recommend the company for budget-savvy travelers and customers looking for cheap flights. We like the company’s price-match promise that matches competitor prices. In addition to the ability to manage your account online, the online travel site also provides accessible local guides and travel tips for destinations around the world.

CheapOair Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapOair?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I have used CheapOair on a couple of occasions in the past and while I found their airfares to be competitive, I was never pleased with their Customer Service. My view has since changed and I now have great respect for their Customer Service. I certainly think they are one of the best in the business when it comes to Customer Service. The flight I booked with them was cancelled. They informed me about this cancellation, but went much further by processing the refund without any need for me to follow up with them. This was truly superb and a true lesson in excellent customer service. They did not offer any excuses or give me any runaround. They just did right by me, their customer. Contrast this with another travel agency with whom I had another cancelled flight. After 3 months, I am still unable to reach them by phone or email, and I am still waiting to hear whether they will refund me.

Cheapoair not only provides low fares, they also offer superb customer service. They seem genuinely concerned about the satisfaction of their customers and demonstrates this with their action. I respect and appreciate this especially from Cheapoair especially during the Covid pandemic, where many companies have conveniently used it as the excuse for their crappy customer services.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: March 15, 2020

Excellent Customer Service During Trying Times. I have used CheapOair a number of times because they save me time searching for flights. We have always had good experiences domestically and internationally. This time, I had a flight booked for March 20-23. Due to concern over coronavirus and multiple places at my destination closing, I needed to reschedule. I waited online for a large volume of time before I was first in queue. Once it was my turn, I dealt with two different representatives, Whitney and Dewey, who were professional and friendly despite what must have been very frustrating working conditions. Whitney offered to cancel my flight for a voucher but when I asked to reschedule it for a later date, Whitney willingly helped to make it happen. They passed me to Dewey who had the forethought to mirror travel times I had originally booked which worked perfectly for the future date as well.

Just as described, I received the re-booking confirmation in email in the timeframe I was promised. I expect that the delay in helping me quicker was due to the sheer volume of people trying to rearrange trips. Thank you to all the customer service people working in these difficult times. Be well and please continue your excellent work!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

The agent was outstanding in every possible way. To the point I asked to talk to her supervisor at the conclusion of the call. I have over 60,000 points with Southwest Airlines. I actually called CheapOair by accident. I all but hung up when I realized my mistake. Glad I didn’t. It was a wonderful experience regarding the agents knowledge and patience. I have called CheapOair before, but this time it was noticeable for all the right reasons. For one, communication and understanding was not a issue.

Note, after I booked my flight, I called Southwest to find out that there best rate was $49 more than CheapOair’s. There are little nuances which normally favor Southwest. And they also typically have outstanding customer service. But I was sooo pleased with your agent, I decided to book the flight with you guys. I do appreciate your trying To get feedback regarding customer experience with your agent. Feel free to contact me if you need further clarification. I believe going above and beyond in performing ones job should be recognized.???

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Yesterday, 01/19/20, via laptop I was processing a flight for my granddaughter who will be 16 before her flight. I was prompted to contact a CheapOair agent. I did and was connected with Agent Kenneth. I explained to Kenneth I was trying to fly my Granddaughter alone from OKC to OGG during her school break. Kenneth explained to me for an unaccompanied minor safety he needs to search for the most direct flight, contact the airline for their specific guidelines, and to confirm her seats. Kenneth then put me on hold and returned after a few minutes with a Safer Round Trip 1-Stop Flight from OKC to OGG versus a 2-Stop less expensive flight that I had tried to book. I agreed with the 1-Stop Flight Selection because I could see/understand the safety benefits for my Granddaughter and I thanked Kenneth for this.

Kenneth took his time to help me understand this process because of the sensitive booking of my unaccompanied Granddaughter, read to me several items, and explained to me several safety tips to share with my Granddaughter like her ID Passport/be at the airports at least 3 hours early/take Granddaughter directly to the Airport Airline Counter for escort to her flight/only talk to Airline Uniformed Staff or Airport Police, and so much more. I felt what Kenneth was doing for me was beyond just a required script reading ~ Kenneth Cared for Granddaughter's Safety. I thanked Kenneth many times during our conversation. It is because of people like Kenneth that I will return to CheapOair and his people skills that make life pleasant. Thank-you Kenneth and thank-you CheapOair for having Kenneth on your team. God Bless and Happy New Year 2020. Mario **.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

My family and I are traveling to Spain for the month, from May to June. Let me just state, traveling for me represents heighten anxiety as long flights can be very, very uncomfortable. Which is only second to the frustration associated with haggling over the best airline ticket price, and the amenities. I have been using Cheap-O-Air for the past three years for Three very distinct reasons; First, I always find the flight I am looking for. Second, there is no significant haggling over the fare. Finally, the courtesy and professionalism of your representatives.

I have never spoken with a representative on the phone who did not exhibit the greatest desire to resolve an issue. Regardless of what it is, or was. As an Example: Yesterday 1/13 I booked my $4,100.00 trip to Spain to see my family. There was a slight issue regarding a charge that was not originally discussed. I was told that as representative would call me back. He did. His name was Bruce, his number is 877-590-0050 ext **. If you (Cheap-O-Air) are not properly paying him, I would like to offer him a position within my organization. I really do mean that. I am CFO of ** New Orleans, LA, El Paso, TX, Phoenix, AZ and soon New York.

Bruce exemplified a Professionalism and Customer Service that speaks volumes about an organization. Yes. I will continue to use this service, and I will open my access to communication and or special offers, without directing them to my Spam Filter. Thank you for your commitment, and courtesy. Thank you personally Bruce.

Respectfully,

Jon **

Executive Director of Compliance and Finance.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

This time, I got a very kind and knowledgeable customer service agent who didn’t have to ask me the same questions over and over. When he asked how he could help I told him I had 3 issues. When we got 2 resolved he reminded me that I had another. He was easy to talk to and did everything he could to make my experience pleasant.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

Purchased my ticket December 31ST 2019 to Amsterdam from Chicago, also paid the extra fees for insurance. During this crazy pandemic I realized that most likely the trip wouldn't happen. But I wanted to play it out. In March my flight was cancelled upon the ban of U.S and Europe travel. Soon After I went ahead and requested a refund, I can tell you my experience has been hell ever since. The status of my refund has been in process for almost 7 months now. I've called customer service over two hundred times also have the records.

Not being able to speak to a human or anyone in that matter is so frustrating to say the lease. CheapOair is not only cheap ticket-wise, but also with the customer service. I'm only 21 and I can proudly say I've never been more angrier in my life. Finally in August I was able to get a hold of an actual Customer rep. Not helpful at all, they assured me I'd receive my refund in a timely manner, JOKE! Here we're at the end of September and they now are telling me they can only offer credit for a future date. which isn't horrible, But keep in mind I purchased the travel insurance. I'm so frustrated, this is the CUSTOMER SERVICE I get? Completely appalled! Next Time I'm booking with American or United NOT worth the stress folks. My advice save a major a migraine yourself and do the same!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

This is the worst. I booked a ticket with CheapOair in last March, and the flight was cancelled by airlines due to coronavirus. Total price of the ticket was more than $4200.00. When I asked for refund they gave me only $3100. More than $1000 gone. It’s pure robbery. I called the airline. They told me they were not charged these much money for cancellation fees. I asked for the receipt in CheapOair for knowing what are the ways they cut my money, No receipt yet. Please, don’t go with CheapOair. They are purely a robbery company.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2020

I had to put my original flight on hold due to the coronavirus for July 7, 2020. I rebooked it on 9/19/2020 for Dec 22 to Dec 31 going to Colorado Springs. This was my original destination. I have in hand a letter from CheapOair that I would not have to pay a re-booking fee. Well-----I have been charged $100 for this process and have called to try and correct this but to no avail. (I do not owe this to my knowledge) Also, separate booking for my husband Danny ** booking #** was charged a $100 re booking charge.

The reservation failed to go through at $399.05 and went through with a $100 rebooking fee. I cannot help it if it failed to go through the first time. Not my fault. Should be $399.05 (or there about). I would really appreciate a call in regards to this matter as I have used CheapOair a few times and have never had a problem. A Daniel in India helped me with reservation and said I had to pay this on both. I talked to a Raphael and he would not say this could be corrected. I do not understand WHY especially on my husbands reservation the $100 charge.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

After searching so many websites as the prices were rising, I contacted CheapOair to check on prices not listed and spoke with Shasta. She found many options as I tried to see if flight times or price were most important. She patiently helped me even offering a coupon which finally sealed the deal.

CheapOair Company Information