2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

1.2/5 (97 ratings)

About CheapOair

We understand that traveling can be a hassle. With CheapOair, it doesn't have to be. Our site allows travelers to easily access multiple quotes from hundreds of hotels, airlines, cruise lines and car rental companies to ensure that each customer finds a deal that best accommodates their travel needs.

Pros

• Discounted fares and travel deals
  • Price-match promise
  • Earn up to 2x points with app

Cons

• Cancellation fees
  • Nonrefundable tickets and fares

Bottom Line

CheapOair is great for cheap airline tickets and last-minute deals. If you don’t mind that fares are nonrefundable, you’ll enjoy the wallet-friendly travel deals on its website.

Top CheapOair Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Your Travel Agent gave great service and are very pleasant and made me feel Valued. I remain appreciative. Your detailed knowledge about luggage, seating, and flight made my booki...

Verified

I am very pleased with the customer service!! The booking for the flight was very successful and I did call the next day for some information and the young lady was very helpful a...

What is CheapOair?

CheapOair partners with more than 400 carriers, including Air France, Jet Blue, Spirit Airlines and United Airlines, to provide customers with affordable, budget-friendly travel experiences. The online travel site makes it easy to compare flight, hotel or cruise options and book them at your leisure.

Each fare comes with CheapOair’s price-match promise – if you find a lower price for the exact same itinerary within 24 hours of booking, CheapOair matches it and refunds you the difference.

Due to the current COVID-19 situation, CheapOair is also working with airlines to offer a future credit or full refund on cancellations.

How does CheapOair work?

Signing up with CheapOair lets you manage your travel, check previous transactions and track flights directly from your account. Members also have the added perk of earning points on every $1 spent, which can result in discounts of up to 20% on flights and 55% on hotel bookings.

Members can also earn points by referring friends and family members or using the CheapOair credit card, which can be used to earn points on everyday purchases, flights, hotels and rental cars.

CheapOair lets you access inexpensive flight deals in more than 30,000 domestic and international locations through its online booking system. The company also partners with hotels, motels and resorts to provide discounted stays. You can get additional savings with Enterprise, Alamo and Budget through CheapOair.

The CheapOair app lets you access flights, hotels, car rentals and exclusive deals from an iOS or Android device. Customers can manage their travel on the go, receive live updates on itinerary changes or notifications and earn up to two times the amount of points by booking through the app.

CheapOair fees

Service fees for CheapOair start at $25 per fare and apply to all U.S. domestic or international flights. These fees might vary due to special circumstances, including business and first-class airfares or fares for unaccompanied minors. The table below shows CheapOair’s most common service fees.

ServiceFee
Business and first-class airfares$150 per passenger
Alternate dates and nearby airports$55 per passenger
Unaccompanied minor$100 per passenger

CheapOair FAQ

Can you get a refund on CheapOair?
All discounted airline tickets on CheapOair are nonrefundable.
Is CheapOair trustworthy?
CheapOair is a legitimate travel company that works with more than 400 carriers, including reputable brands like American Airlines, Southwest Airlines and JetBlue.
Does CheapOair have free cancellation?
At the moment, CheapOair doesn’t offer free cancellations. Cancellation fees are $50 for each airline ticket, and hotel cancellations are $25 per room.
How do I get my tickets from CheapOair?
You can choose to receive an electronic or e-ticket that is accessed online or print your ticket at an airport kiosk before departure.

Is CheapOair legit?

CheapOair has a loyalty program, deeply discounted fares and an easy booking system, and we recommend the company for budget-savvy travelers and customers looking for cheap flights. We like the company’s price-match promise that matches competitor prices. In addition to the ability to manage your account online, the online travel site also provides accessible local guides and travel tips for destinations around the world.

CheapOair Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapOair?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

I was having difficulties with my booking for my family. I was disconnected by a previous Cheapoair representative but Tanya just completely turned my whole experience around in making sure I was properly attended to and also went the extra mile to contact the direct airline to change my seats. Initially, I was getting frustrated and upset but it was very hard to stay in that mood when receiving great customer service. Thank you once again Tanya, I appreciate it! -Noreen :)

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

We had booked tickets for about 7 people with some of the travelers coming from another country. This was for April of 2020 and when the pandemic was declared travel was not possible and we had to cancel the tickets. CheapOair gave us credit for the tickets, but now they are required that the same 7 people can use only their portion of the credit. The pandemic has disrupted travel across countries and the travelers from outside the US cannot come in now. The rest of the passengers would like to use up the credit, but CheapOair is refusing to allow this.

CheapOair response

That is correct and that has been an airline rule for years actually since Sept. 2011 no name changes, and tickets non transferrable. As a travel agency we have no say in what the airlines publish as their fare rules. Our apologies for any inconvenience.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

I would not recommend this company to make your travel purchases since I am going to deceive you. Their poor customer service is attended mostly by people from INDIA. Their website is a scam since when you make your purchase they approve the payment of your card credit but you get a notice saying that your reservation was not made completely pending part of the process. It seems to me that it is not a company that cannot be trusted reliable. Also its cancellation policies are ridiculous and are always against of the buyer. I had a very bad experience because this company website is a scam due to this. I made several bookings at the same time when I contacted customer service they didn’t resolved my complaint.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

My experience with CheapOair has been nothing but lies and ** from their customer reps! Buyers must beware! I had booked two international return tickets through cheapoair site in March 2021. Right after booking, I realized return trip date would take me over stipulated 180 days; so called them right away. After long wait, I was able to talk to a live customer service person. He confirmed me that change was completed in date for 9/23 instead of 9/25. After that, when I checked; it did not reflect yet. So I waited till next day and then called again. After long wait, the new CSR said that since it was beyond 24 hrs, no further changes were allowed.

Luckily, the I-94s for my parents were valid till 9/25. As date of travel neared; I called them yesterday that due to travel restrictions, they will not be able to travel and I had applied for their stay extensions. They mentioned I need to write to Air India (my actual carrier) to ask for refund instead of cheapoair. They also provided me an incorrect number and email ID to get in touch with carrier. After the email bounced, I checked on Google and found correct contact details for Air India and am now following up with them instead.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

Everyone please pay attention to me. This company sold me a business class international ticket and sent me the confirmation email. However, the ticket didn’t even exist!!! I called them many many times, waiting on hold for hours and hours with no resolution. They had no response. Very very dishonest company. Please please don’t purchase any ticket from them never ever!!! If you need any prove reply to this and I will email you all the details.

CheapOair response

Customer does have a ticket that is exactly what she is showing. A segment of the flight the airline did not offer business class so she was booked in premium economy but that doesn't mean she has a fraud ticket, she was also advised during the call that BC was not available on all segments. We are addressing her concern.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

I understand that the pandemic has been really hard on travel agencies, but my experience with this company has been a nightmare. The customer service is terrible- super long waits, surly and/or uninformed representatives, unclear policies- there's just not much to redeem them. The hidden "service fees" are so high that it offsets the value of their lower rates. I've lost hundreds of dollars to them. So I would advise you to steer clear and use either a more friendly, transparent website or just work directly with the airlines.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Fraud.. They looted my money and did not pay so far. When I called airlines they told me that we refund the money to this Fraud Company. I will not recommend anyone to this Fraud Company. Please don't go with them.. Please.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

My wife had heart failure and we had to cancel our Flight and Car due to her health! We were going to Toronto to visit our Grandchildren. I tried and tried to get in touch with them and phone numbers lead to nowhere!!! I tried emailing them four times and nothing in return!!! However, on the day of our flight, I finally received an email but only after our proposed Departure time had passed and they said they could not help because the flight had already gone! What a crook of **!!! Nice doing business with a company that rips off Grampas and Grammas on pensions!!! I will never use this company again and will make sure that this note gets widest distribution!!!

CheapOair response

Contacted the customer to see what we could do for him, he refuses to speak with us and disconnected the call.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

I had been trying to book an international flight using their service and I chose the flights that I wanted, Went to Payment and they gave you the option to pay using 2 cards so I said to myself: that's Awesome. My fare would cost around 1038$ so I paid using my discover and MasterCard. The fare was partially charged which left me with outstanding balance and therefor they said they couldn't issue the ticket until I pay in full. It does make sense Right?!, so I tried more than five cards for different banks and each card has more than enough to do the job but NO, I kept getting this Error message which told me that my payment was declined and I need to try another one which I did and did and did.. with no success. Even I called them more than three times and gave them my cards to complete the transaction from their end but nothing has changed.

NEXT DAY.... I called to know what's going on, one of the customer service representatives said something that sounded logical to me; Your cards kept getting declined because the return flight has been canceled so you need to choose another one and pay the difference. At this moment I wanted to get this over with so I told him okay and I searched and called them back. At this moment there was 390$ outstanding. They told me okay then, "With your new return flight you need to pay 435$ which includes the outstanding balance plus the difference," and I said Okay. After multiple tries on my discover card it went through and he said the E-ticket would be issued shortly. I thanked him even though the waste of time and the effort that I spent with all these calls which each and every one of them lasted no less an hour.

I waited .. waited and I received no E-ticket, So I called: "Hello where is my ticket" - "Yah, it is in the queue and will be issued shortly." This is the short answer because I had to explain the whole situation over and over to everyone I talked to. So After 2 Hours I called and been told too to wait. At this point I knew it. They are stalling, they want me to wait until my first 24 hour to come to end and after that simply I can't get my money back without losing something. So I told that is it cancel my booking with no regrets other than using their service. It was the First and The last time I consider Booking with them.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

CheapOair stole my money during the pandemic and refused to transfer my call to anyone who could help me. I was screamed at by 2 customer services reps -mind you as someone in customer service I kept my voice even, kind, and calm the entire conversation. I asked to speak to a supervisor more than a few times and was denied. I was then hung up on.

If you are anything like me you will read this review unbiasedly and attempt to make the most educated decision when purchasing through CheapOair. That's what I did. I regret my decision. I didn't listen to the reviews because I know that reviews tend to be on the negative side while there are usually many positive experiences. That was not the case and I am out thousands of dollars because of their deceptive policies and regulations. Don't do it, friends. There are too many other options. Don't even risk it.

CheapOair Company Information