Call now
2.87/5
Based on 923 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call now

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

We understand that traveling can be a hassle. With CheapOair, it doesn't have to be. Our site allows travelers to easily access multiple quotes from hundreds of hotels, airlines, cruise lines and car rental companies to ensure that each customer finds a deal that best accommodates their travel needs.

CheapOair strives to provide the best customer service to our customers to help you through your booking experience. Should you encounter any bumps along the way, our team will be here to provide the best care and support.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 18, 2018

4813 CheapOair Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I have used this site several times. I usually find cheaper tickets to fly when it is convenient for me. I prefer to call them and make the reservation. It is like having my personal travel agent. The agents are pleasant and patient. I highly recommend CheapOair.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

The two agents on each of my two phones were very competitive in prices with other travel sites. They were even competitive with each other in the same company. Two agent competing for the lowest price. The competition was almost a tie. I mean it was so hard to make a choice. These guys are pros to book any reservation. They are sharp and quick and precise. Can you imagine two agents from CHEAPOAIR helping me on each of my phones. You bet I got the best price. I just felt bad for the loser because he worked so hard too. But I got an aggressive winner. Thank you guys. You made it possible to make up my mind!!

I feel that CHEAPOAIR is a safe professional site to use to save money and to get great service without being pressured. They will work with you, land for you like no one else will do, they will make sure you understand all. You need to make an educated choice. I would surely trust CheapOair on my next reservation. Thanks again. GOD BLESS THE HONESTY AND INTEGRITY OF ALL THEIR STAFF. Our family Thank you again!!!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

So far I am grateful to have found you--I didn't get a car rental or seats lined up with your help but I'm hoping everything goes smoothly. The agent found a flight and even double checked we don't need passports--I really appreciate all of her help!!!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Fantastic! The Customer service guy that worked with me was knowledgeable, and very helpful. When we ran into trouble he found a solution and I was pleased the outcome. I will recommend CheapOair to friends and I'll come to CheapOair again!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I was booking a ticket through CheapOair when the page to select your own seating came up. I chose a seat on the map and saw that the price was 99 dollars just to select a seat. That is way too much money so at the bottom of the page I selected "no thanks, I don't want to select a seat". After that the website charged me the 99 dollars anyway and I never even got the seat that I had supposedly paid for. We immediately called CheapOair after booking to let them know we didn't want the seat. After making multiple unfulfilled promises a.ka. lies, to refund us first within 7-14 days and then within 7 days they finally have just admitted they won't refund us. They have literally stolen food right from my poor stepmother's mouth who is very old and struggling to get by. Truly sickening.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapOair?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I have used CheapOair three times to travel to Europe and am using them again this summer. I would strongly recommend them. They are extremely prompt to reply to any queries via email. They do charge for seat selection, and when I inadvertently selected a seat for a short connecting flight and was unable to cancel it, they responded very quickly and not only refunded the charge but kept the seat selection for me. I have found them extremely courteous and helpful when I’ve phoned them. I have never experienced any flight cancellations because of them. Last time I traveled, thunderstorms caused the last leg of my journey from Chicago to my home city to be canceled. I was able to fly out the next day without any problem.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Pleasant individual was very patient. Took the time to explain thing and search got the best flight possible to suit my preferences. Stayed on the phone, was calm while searching, and did not show any signs of frustration during the flight search.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Stay away from them!!! They are scam!!! I was charged twice $888.31 and they took my money. I called them and they said, "We only charged you once" but my card was charged twice plus another 2 fees. One for $5.00 and the other one for $129.11. They are rip off... Now my bank account is negative because of them. I'm suing them. I don't how they are still in business. But I will make sure to sue them for good!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Helpful with rebooking added baggage protection which I didn't want. Added other charges that I did not know what they were payment for. I will try to be careful when using CheapOair next time I book a flight. I will use CheapOair again with more caution.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I tried to book on the same flight as my wife, but the website kept getting in my face with "alternate dates". I thought I had denied them all, but when I got my final booking, it was for the next day. I was livid. I never would have intentionally chosen that. I immediately called them to change it, they wanted $249 more for the "flight difference" plus a $50 service fee. The change they forced me into was only $95 cheaper! Could not get anywhere with customer service. Gave up. Booked my original intended flight directly through the airline for cheaper than the CheapOair flight, then called CheapOair back for the refund, which I finally got, sort of. They kept $50 service charge and $15 "penalty". As soon as it all goes through, I’m going to dispute all their charges on my credit card. They are hustlers and cheats and don’t save any money!

CheapOair response

Doug, very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with your recent purchase. The dates you chose were alternate dates which we offer first in the availability. You needed to continue to move down the screen to locate the dates that you actually needed. As for the charges, there was a $184.00 fare difference from the one you wanted, and what you actually paid, plus the $50.00 service fee. We did provide other options that were less expensive but the flights didn't work for you. We canceled the entire booking and refunded the ticket cost, plus the original service fee. However, we never charged you $50.00 for cancellation, that fee was $15.00. We regret you couldn't find another flight with us, but glad that you found something that fit your needs.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

When I went on their website to buy a ticket it forced me to add a letter to my middle name which was different than my passport. I tried numerous times to put one letter on my middle name as it reads on my passport and it forced me to add a letter in order to buy the ticket. I tried everything that I could to try to change this later on because it became an obvious problem at the airport and I explained that their 3rd party cheapoair.com forced me to add a letter and that they are responsible. All they can say instead this how it was my fault entirely for not changing something that they have company forced me to do and they offered no help whatsoever and went even went as far to say that I was making up the story of adding a letter which even a 3rd grader would understand that clearly was not the case and nobody would make up such a ridiculous story so when the essence they basically called me a liar when I tried to fix it later on.

I made numerous attempts to try to change it and they assumed no responsibility whatsoever other than saying that to be safe I should buy another ticket which would have cost and me at last minute at least twice the price. To me this is a scam and of course this is my opinion but I am entitle to have one and the hope is that people will be in a position when they get to the airline and being denied and then they will have to buy a last minute ticket which airlines convention can 2 times the price or higher. Why would their system online force me to add a letter? To me the only explanation I could come up with in my opinion of course and subjectively speaking was in hopes that I would be denied at the airline and be forced to buy the ticket at a higher price.

They talk to me on the phone as if I were a child and I was some stupid person that they could just boss around and they kept using scare tactics in order to need to buy a last minute ticket at a very high price which was the only thing they were offering due to do to help. I had all the documentation including my email address and the credit card and which I bought the ticket in all I needed for them to do was delete one letter and they did absolutely nothing to help me and then they just completely kept trying to insult my intelligence into buying another last minute ticket was their only solution to the problem. I am well aware of the laws of immigration and how tickets have to match and I am also well aware of the responsibilities I have to make sure of that. The last thing I need to be told was that this was my fault when their airline was completely to blame and they did nothing to help me whatsoever.

Of course I did not buy another ticket because I am a smart person and I took all my documentation on my trip and I decided that I was going to take the rest which they told me is a huge risk and that chances are I will most definitely be stopped and not allowed to fly Again scaring me in to buy in another ticket last minute. Of course I continued to ignore them and I went on my trip anyway and in the end I was right and although immigration ask me questions I had all the documentation with me and they allowed me to complete my trip without buying another ticket. When I complained after my trip to the company directly again all they did was blame me and tell me it was my responsibility for the names don't match and they went on and on and on like I was a little child and they bared no responsibility whatsoever when in essence it was completely their fault to begin with.

The smart way to handle it would be to apologize for the stress that they called caused me because I kept thinking I was going to get stopped in they could have at least offer me of rebates or some type of discount on a future flight which would have been no big deal at all that them to do and at least although I would have still been angry at least I would have seen that they were taking at least some responsibility. They took no responsibility whatsoever and they treated me as if I was in the 3rd grade and all they did was talk down to me and insult my intelligence and completely blame me in every possible way that they could and kept using pressuring tactics to get me to buy another ticket. I'm an extremely high intelligent person so I wasn't in on their scam in my opinion.

I'm writing this review because I realized that not everyone has the same intellect that I have and that they fool a lot of people into buying a ticket last minute using scare tactics and I wanted to write this review so people would understand not to waste money unnecessarily as most immigration ports do not really pay that much attention to the middle name especially if you have supporting documentation. They instead pay more attention to the 1st and last name. Surely I could have been stopped by immigration but I wasn't although I was questioned. I will never forget the stress that they caused me though on what was supposed to be a happy leisure trip.

I will also never forget how I had to jump through hula hoop so in circles in order to change something that would have been so easy to change and I had all of the documentation accordingly. I even tried to change the information for the 2 weeks I was on vacation which cost me a lot of money to be on the phone internationally and undue stress and they still did absolutely nothing to help me and just kept blaming me over and over and over again like I created this problem to begin with and they insulted my intelligence over and over and over again and did everything they could not to listen to me and kept suggesting for me to buy a last minute ticket because I would not be allowed through immigration. It is my right to have a subjective opinion and to say whatever I want to as an American in what I want to say is to me this is a complete scam and of course this is my opinion but I'm entitled to have one and that's how I feel.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Worst customer service of all time. Incompetent non qualified personnel who really does not care about their business. The guy on the phone kept cutting me off while I was explaining the situation and could not understand the simplest questions I was asking. Rude. Useless. Straight up awful. I called back and I believe I spoke to the same person or someone who sound exactly the same and the guy was extremely unprofessional and not helping at all once again. So disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

The Booking process was easy to do doing with the helpline. Ms. Jane was very helpful. Thanks! Always, we bought the tickets calling the Travel Agency. In this opportunity I did by Internet, thinking to get a good deals. Spirit's prices was very good, but we were surprised when Emily called us after my Booking confirmation, telling about the extra payments for the seats! Later on, she gave me the seats' numbers. As an positive suggestion, please detailed the total Booking to be paid, specifying the respective seats. By the way Ms. Emily communication was polite.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

The only website that doesn't warn you about the fact that they have changed you itinerary while booking. They change the flight time and date without warning or blocking the process for you to accept the changes. They make you proceed for payments and once you get you confirmation... you get the changes. They charge you a 75$ penalty per ticket to cancel after a 5 min lap time or 100$ to rebook you on the same flight you had first selected. Nice scam! If you want to use their price match... good luck because they put rules to make you match the modified itinerary. They send you NOT your original/corrected itinerary. So the modified itinerary would need to have a price drop to get a credit... but it would be still be a wrong itinerary. Tricky!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

My wife and I hardly ever fly, (maybe ten years ago) because most of the time we drive. We decide to fly and went on CheapOair to book flights. We decided February 18 to the 20. We both did it together and double checked the flights. A couple weeks later we decided to rent a car and the price tripled on rent a car because it was for thirty days and we double checked flight and instead of coming back in February it had us coming back in March 20, obvious human error.

They refuse to change the month. He was very nonchalant and didn't care. They refused to correct the problem. Because it was a cheap flight. Is not their motto cheap flights. We out over two hundred dollars which cheap flight keeps in their pockets because of simple human error, click of a button or their so called photo shot of transaction. He told me to tell it to United Airline maybe they can help. I had to upgrade and cost us over six hundred dollars to return from Atlanta. Because of human error. Also not second phone call to CheapOair the first customer service. He gave me no other options except note his problem attitude.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Excellent experience from start to end. Followed prices through 2-3 months. CheapO was always in the Best 3. Very good and easy booking site. 5 minutes after booking, was called on the phone and asked if all was ok and if I had any questions.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I was having trouble booking a simple trip to Florida for a weekend to sell a house. The flights that were shown were full, and it was quite important that I got down there. By working on the phone with a CheapOair agent, I was able to not only book a flight for both legs of the trip, but the agent was able to do it in a way that saved me both money and time. A win-win! Thank you for your help.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Called Flight change Team. Gentleman found better flight schedule. Shorter layover than 16.40 hours imposed by AA. 3.35 hours layover in LAX to ATL. EXCELLENT final change to 3.35 layover e-mailed to me in less than 24 hours! GREAT JOB!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I bought 3 round trip tickets from CheapOair. 3 days later when I try to change the return date for the flight they told me to pay 1200 dollars which 200 dollar ticket change fee per-person from the airline; and they told the price difference for the ticket from different day was other 200 dollar per-person. So I call the airline myself and they told me I have to pay 600 dollar which 200 dollar per-person for change the tickets and that was it. There are no price difference for the tickets.

So I called CheapOair back the next day; they still ask me to pay 1200 dollar again and still claim there are price difference on the tickets; so I finally call them the third time, and told them about this fraud they committed. Right away they told me there are fees to change my flight which they have stated on the website, and instead charge me 1200 dollar for change the return flight tickets now is 1037 dollar. I ask them how could they do this to customers. And now they just denied about want to charge me 1200 dollar, and now just 1037 which includes their 537 dollar change fee on top of airline fees. OMFG. Play people like a monkey!!!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Flight cancelled. Told I'd get a full refund. 2 weeks later no refund. Called, they hadn't even processed it. Learned refunds given in increments. Received a $2 refund today, total due $448. Unacceptable.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

The agent was super! Knowledgeable, professional and supportive. Thanks for making the process easy. My original flight was cancelled due to a severe bout with the flu. The agent found me a suitable rebook, as well as provided me with the source to file a claim of the cost of my previous flight.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Couple of years back, I was in a rush to go to India with my family - When browsing over the Internet, I found one very economical cheap deal popped over my search engine. Then I rushed and booked the ticket. Then that has started my unimaginable experience. Once I book through their site, They would confirm after a long time. They have booked my return flight over CANADA (which I have not checked during booking), which I do not know that we should have transit visa to change flight in Canada.

This was never told in the website. But, to change that ticket - it took 2-3 hours of time- Because they do not have manpower on their service department. So I found their service department is horrible. They have charged me $300 extra for each ticket change I did, They have replied me saying they mentioned that if we are booking a ticket it is our responsibility to have Visa and they will not give any information. So friends, Nowadays every airline has their own website. Please book your tickets through their sites, So you would have some peace of mind. Please do not rely on these cheap business sites.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Just found out from Alaska Airlines website that I can get the same flights for $856 two round trip tickets from San Diego to Honolulu as I booked through CheapOAir. With the booking and service fees added I paid $990 to the agent on the exact same flights. That is $134 more than buying the tickets directly from Alaska Airlines. I guess I am confused that why people want to go through the agents.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Sometimes they have a good choices but (Tip) don't choose the seat on CheapOair page. After you receive the airline's confirmation go directly to the airline and choose your seat for free. CheapOair charge you for pick up your seat. Haha.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I want others to be aware that CheapOair is not a good place to purchase airline tickets. Since booking our flight in September 2017, we have received emails and requests to call them for (5) different changes to our flights. The latest one is now arriving hours later than our original flight. We called to complain, and ask what was going on with so many flight changes. The CheapOair Rep. said "Sorry, is there anything else?" Wow! Terrible customer service, and I do not feel as though I am getting the service I originally purchased. What a racket, once they get your money, they are done with you. Furthermore, the forums that I have read said it is highly unlikely that CheapOair will issue any sort of a refund. As for me lesson learned. I will never book with CheapOair again - just a warning for others to shop around! Take Care.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

The agent was very efficient and made excellent suggestions as to the requirements for international travel. Suggested optional items which we might like to purchase to make our trip easier. We did take advantage of the prepaid baggage. Very Well Done.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

My friend and I both booked flights through CheapOair and they rescheduled our plane for earlier in the day and did not call or email us about the changes. Thank god they rebooked our flight for next day on them but didn't cover our hotel room that we had paid for and couldn't use.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

It was frustrating to not be able to enter my date of birth in the prescribed boxes after trying several times and then had to call for assistance. Fortunately a helpful agent assisted me but then the price had increased.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Although customer service was very very helpful, I was displeased about the fee to change the itinerary info, due to the fact that when reviewing my ticket I had the dates I wanted but after confirming, it had a different month. Technological fault probably; either way they were helpful with the change.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I had book with CheapOair and the flight was not confirmed by CheapOair and we were given $310 total in refund. The refund is still not in our account. To make it worst we were offered pork in place of MUSLIM FOOD. This is not acceptable. Very upset with the way this was handled. Safe yourself. NO MORE CHEAPOAIR.

CheapOair Company Information

NY
www.cheapoair.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use