Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I have used CheapOAir for the past several years and to date I have had excellent service. When I called to inquire about scheduling issues I was greeted warmly by the person on the phone and they were able to resolve all my issues.

The booking agent was very helpful. We would be using CheapOair in future too. He was polite and professional. He knew his job very well and was compassionate. You should offer more services to new clients like us. CheapOair is a very helpful source of finding and buying air tickets with very affordable prices.

My experience was very good. The person that booked my flight gave me good information and sent my itinerary promptly. He was patient and I think that that's one of the things I most expect when booking a flight. I'll definitely recommend the site to my friends.

This is my first time booking online. I messed up my dates 3 times... Each time I called back they were very helpful and friendly. I would definitely recommend CheapOair to everyone! I will write another review after my trip and let you know how that goes!

The associate called me after I quit browsing CheapOair because I didn't find the right price, and assisted me in making a booking with a price almost as good as the one I was originally looking for. Thankful to his assistance and ability to find me a good deal.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapOair?

Both the agent that booked my flight and the agent that booked our Hotel was very friendly! I was a overall satisfied first time customer! I will recommend them to others. I was impressed with their knowledge. When I was not happy with a certain flight time or something the agent searched further until I was happy!

Our experience in going to Puerto Rico was seamless. Returning was more challenging, due to weather. We went with the flow of things and arrived home not as scheduled, but everything was fine. We got good customer service along the way and our luggage arrived delivered to our home a day after we got home. Communication was very good and everything worked out well and in good condition. Everyone were very professional and confident in what they were doing.

They have great customer service and they help me to resolve some issues I was having. They got me the best airline seats and everything and I do appreciate all they did. I got a round trip flight and it was on the best day.

In my return flight from Los Angeles to Portland, I needed to find suitable times so I could connect with my international flights. I had looked online but was having trouble finding what I needed. The customer service person was very good and I am very grateful for his help. He understood my request and quickly found suitable flights. Thank you.

The morning after booking I found almost exactly the same flights (exact except return flight gets me home directly but one hour earlier) for $150 less per ticket! I called to cancel but was told they price match if I email the link. I did but haven't heard back yet. I'm annoyed that this flight wasn't made available to me in the first place.

The staff provided me with thorough assistance over the phone in changing the dates of flight to meet my special needs. I'm so grateful. Otherwise, I could have wasted the ticket. He was very helpful and patient throughout the whole process.

There was a snafu with my online purchase of airline tickets, I received an email informing me to call a customer service number. The representative fixed the situation. I received the same flight for a slightly lower cost. I am pleased the way the situation was handled.

I spoke with Mae last night to make 2 separate flight reservations. She was so sweet & helpful. I explained to her my qualifications & she states, "Oh no problem -see what I can do" & she did it. I wish others were like her.

I'm not sure how my computer connected to CHEAPOAIR but my total Flight and Hotel package for 3 night visit to Las Vegas saved me well over $200.00 on the Hotel alone. Their agents spoke in fluent and articulate English. They were most polite and knowledgeable.

I am happy with the booking experience although I had some difficulty understanding the agent. He was very courteous and repeated the information given. I will book again using CheapOair in the future. Overall I feel satisfy with the price and with the variety of possibilities of flights in and out of the U.S.A to Spain and then coming back from Europe to the U.S.A.

I was very frustrated in trying to arrange for flights to California. I called Cheap Tickets and the man who worked with me got me a better price than I could and was extremely polite and helpful during the entire process. This is the not the first time I've turned to them for help and I doubt it will be the last. I highly recommend them.

I was very pleased with the service they booking agent. They were very helpful to accommodate my times I wanted to fly. They also explained how the do's and dont's for the airline that I was flying with. I would recommend booking through this entity anytime.

It was easy to get a real person on the line that was very helpful. He was able to offer a discount, send a confirming e-mail along with the confirmation. We may use them again in the future. Brook seemed to be very informative. He was able to look up the flights which would work for our needs.

I have booked many flights with CheapOair and was satisfied. When I booked last night it did not give layovers. So they changed the flight for me. This morning I noticed it was for August 8th instead of July. I could not be over there for 2 months. They tried to change the date but they said it was impossible. I had the flight cancelled but thank you for the help.

CheapOair is always an exceptional experience for me. I've made several reservations in the past and I must state that they have all be great. Thank you so much for all of your kindness and professionalism. It's organizations like yours that keep the others on their toes and up to par.

Factual basis uncertain

First of all you charge more than you said you would. Second, you never tell, when buying an American Airlines ticket, that the luggage cost is 25 dollars. Thirdly, you sent emails saying things like "pay us back." I made the payment for my ticket through my bank now you are calling me to tell me that the ticket was never charged, I already paid for my ticket. You call me and the person that called me, the same that sent me the email, Geordie Accounting/Charge Back Department had the worst attitude towards me, demanding me to speak with my bank, for something I already paid. And now you are sending me threats to sue me for something I didn't do.

Factual basis uncertain

We booked a flight with CheapOair. And because I didn't have a credit card I had to ask someone else to book for me. So when they booked, CheapOair charged them 470 when the website said 314... The person booking didn't realize the price difference and just booked. When I got all the info on the the flight I realized that they overcharged us by $180... By the time I got all info. I realized what happened... They said they cannot do anything about it, it was only few days later. They said I can't cancel and even though the price was 314, 6 days later they told me the day she booked was 404 + taxes... which taxes were supposed to be included.

So was 6 days after they would not cancel flight or reimburse any difference.. the day she booked she saw price was 349. But they said it was different... Days before and days after the price was in the 320 range. I talked to at least 11 different people and 4 different supervisors and they did not seem to care whatsoever. They said it was my problem. They did reimburse me 38 off the 470 but far cry from 314. Customer service in my case was awful... as they didn't care that the day I was speaking to them the price was 314. I have dealt with airlines and other site quite a few times and never had an issue. This was the first and will never deal with cheapoair again, stick to the big names. Please remember all flights before and after were in the 320 range and the day we booked was 349.

CheapOair

Myrle, we appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. My apologies that the promo code was not applicable for phone bookings, but because we value you as a customer, I have refunded you $20.00. You should see the refund within 3-5 days.

Regards,

CheapOair

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

The gentleman who assisted me was helpful, thorough, and understanding of my flight. He explained everything a number of times without any problem. My only problem is that with the Board 25 coupon, I could have saved that amount if he had informed me of it at the time of booking. Now I understand that it is too late to receive that discount.

Resolution In Progress

I purchased two airline tickets from CheapOair, one for $1172.45 and the second one for $871.53. I just reviewed my American Express card and discovered six different charges: $14.95, $14.95, $14, $20, the fifth and sixth charge $857 and $1172 for the airline tickets. I have no idea what the first 4 charges are for! This is very unacceptable and I demand an explanation!

Had a problem with my initial reservation (not CheapOair's fault). Called customer service and they dived the issue immediately while I was on the phone with them. This is OUTSTANDING. Best service I have ever had. Will always use them for future airline travel reservations.

Resolution In Progress

CheapOair

Eusebio, we do charge a service fee for booking online, and over the phone. We offer promo codes that you can sign up for on our website and apply towards the fee. We don't have your booking number, so we are unable to locate your reservation. You can also refer to our terms and conditions for the information pertaining to your concern.

Our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

CheapOair

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I wasn't advised of the extra fee charged to book over the phone, had I known I would have booked online. When I called back in regards to higher price quote than online, then I was told about the extra service charge to book over phone.

I needed to book round trip flight but because I am in military I told them there is always probability I might need to reschedule. They said NO PROBLEM and I paid the extra money so I could have the security I needed in case my exact dates changed. YEP my Commanding Officer said "we are changing everyone's dates..." so I called CheapOair and they said they couldn't. I wasted 4 hours and don't get to visit family. They made promise they didn't keep. I would not recommend using CheapOAir. I called them directly when booking the flight. I think if nothing had changed it would have all been good. If you book flight just pray nothing changes.

Most went well but for the language difficulties. We each repeated the information to each other several times. I find myself wondering if I should worry about only having a piece of paper to show to the airport ticket agent. I download everything as he told me and it looks OK. I will see.

I needed to change my reservation. Not once but twice! Both times I was given excellent and courteous service. My only problem was what I considered a longer wait the second time. It was difficult to tell if I was still connected, since it was completely quiet.

As first time CheapOair customers, we found the booking process by phone, very easy; my wife speaks Spanish & English but feels more comfortable making travel arrangements by phone and in Spanish. A very professional Spanish speaking rep. provided excellent service which expedited the process.

CheapOair Company Profile