1.3/5 (98 ratings)

About CheapOair

We understand that traveling can be a hassle. With CheapOair, it doesn't have to be. Our site allows travelers to easily access multiple quotes from hundreds of hotels, airlines, cruise lines and car rental companies to ensure that each customer finds a deal that best accommodates their travel needs.

Pros

• Discounted fares and travel deals
  • Price-match promise
  • Earn up to 2x points with app

Cons

• Cancellation fees
  • Nonrefundable tickets and fares

Bottom Line

CheapOair is great for cheap airline tickets and last-minute deals. If you don’t mind that fares are nonrefundable, you’ll enjoy the wallet-friendly travel deals on its website.

Top CheapOair Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Your Travel Agent gave great service and are very pleasant and made me feel Valued. I remain appreciative. Your detailed knowledge about luggage, seating, and flight made my booki...

Verified

I am very pleased with the customer service!! The booking for the flight was very successful and I did call the next day for some information and the young lady was very helpful a...

What is CheapOair?

CheapOair partners with more than 400 carriers, including Air France, Jet Blue, Spirit Airlines and United Airlines, to provide customers with affordable, budget-friendly travel experiences. The online travel site makes it easy to compare flight, hotel or cruise options and book them at your leisure.

Each fare comes with CheapOair’s price-match promise – if you find a lower price for the exact same itinerary within 24 hours of booking, CheapOair matches it and refunds you the difference.

Due to the current COVID-19 situation, CheapOair is also working with airlines to offer a future credit or full refund on cancellations.

How does CheapOair work?

Signing up with CheapOair lets you manage your travel, check previous transactions and track flights directly from your account. Members also have the added perk of earning points on every $1 spent, which can result in discounts of up to 20% on flights and 55% on hotel bookings.

Members can also earn points by referring friends and family members or using the CheapOair credit card, which can be used to earn points on everyday purchases, flights, hotels and rental cars.

CheapOair lets you access inexpensive flight deals in more than 30,000 domestic and international locations through its online booking system. The company also partners with hotels, motels and resorts to provide discounted stays. You can get additional savings with Enterprise, Alamo and Budget through CheapOair.

The CheapOair app lets you access flights, hotels, car rentals and exclusive deals from an iOS or Android device. Customers can manage their travel on the go, receive live updates on itinerary changes or notifications and earn up to two times the amount of points by booking through the app.

CheapOair fees

Service fees for CheapOair start at $25 per fare and apply to all U.S. domestic or international flights. These fees might vary due to special circumstances, including business and first-class airfares or fares for unaccompanied minors. The table below shows CheapOair’s most common service fees.

ServiceFee
Business and first-class airfares$150 per passenger
Alternate dates and nearby airports$55 per passenger
Unaccompanied minor$100 per passenger

CheapOair FAQ

Can you get a refund on CheapOair?

All discounted airline tickets on CheapOair are nonrefundable.

Is CheapOair trustworthy?

CheapOair is a legitimate travel company that works with more than 400 carriers, including reputable brands like American Airlines, Southwest Airlines and JetBlue.

Does CheapOair have free cancellation?

At the moment, CheapOair doesn’t offer free cancellations. Cancellation fees are $50 for each airline ticket, and hotel cancellations are $25 per room.

How do I get my tickets from CheapOair?

You can choose to receive an electronic or e-ticket that is accessed online or print your ticket at an airport kiosk before departure.

Is CheapOair legit?

CheapOair has a loyalty program, deeply discounted fares and an easy booking system, and we recommend the company for budget-savvy travelers and customers looking for cheap flights. We like the company’s price-match promise that matches competitor prices. In addition to the ability to manage your account online, the online travel site also provides accessible local guides and travel tips for destinations around the world.

CheapOair Reviews

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: May 18, 2022

CheapOair will STEAL YOUR MONEY! They offer a ticket of protection, however most airlines already offer this for free. I was accidentally charged, however, when I contacted by phone they said they canceled it (which by phone I had to wait over 45 minutes!!!) However, the money was never returned to my account. When I wrote to them to see the delay, they said it had already been too long and could not refund me. Also when I complained by email, I started to get random charges on my credit card from them, however at that time I had already discontinued that card, I had used with them. THIS IS THE WORSE COMPANY! Stay away! Terrible customer service and they will steal your money, they have no morals.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: May 16, 2022

They will not change my opinion of them, they could have removed the letter a at the end of the name. It was not a 836.00 mistake.

Original review: May 15, 2022

Do NOT use this company. They will only try to get more money not make it any cheaper as their name implies. I immediately noticed my typo of an extra 1 letter at the end of a first name Dianaa and immediately initiated chat. The chat person had me on hold for a long time before telling me there would be fees to remove one letter. Even though on an American Airlines post page I found it states simple typos can be removed with no fees. I called American Airlines phone and the recording states to call the agency you booked with to handle any booking problems.

It is also very hard to understand some of the full chat because I believe they speak a different language and maybe using a translator. On the first chat session I was told, "Understand that it is just a letter but there will be fees involved if you make name correction." I said, Don't correct it then. I don't want to pay anymore fees and you kept me on here this long to wait and tell me this." I ended that chat and initiated another chat to see if I would get a different answer. The next chat was worse, so I cancelled the plane tickets within 24 hours and still was charged a $70.00 cancellation fee. I am waiting on a refund of approximately $2700.00. The next chat I was told the price is hiked and will cost $415.96 per passenger including fare difference and all taxes and fees.

Resolution response: May 16, 2022

The team resolved my issue! Thank the team.

Original review: May 12, 2022

The worst travel company. I booked flight for my mom and they changed the schedule for multiple times. Changed the flight duration from 14 hrs. to 22 hours. Had to call multiple times to them to get the tickets assigned even after accepting the increased time flight. Each call would take up to an hour just to get in touch with the agent. They also put you on hold for half hour between departments even if you connect to agents. They are a disgrace to the travel industry and are a disaster. How are they still in business? I am giving them one star because there is nothing lower than that.

CheapOair response

This has been resolved, the airline was the one who made changes to the schedule, but Cheapoair was able to work with the airline and get it fixed for the customer.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 10, 2022

Back in late 2019, prior to the pandemic I booked flight to Paris, Prague and back to NY on CheapoAir. The flights were obviously cancelled, but CheapoAir wanted no part of it. Not only did I have to contact British Air directly, I then had to recontact CheapoAir, since payment had been made to CheapoAir for my refund. this took months. CheapoAir was impossible to reach by phone, I was redirected to their website and each time an online request was made, my credit card was billed a $70 convenience fee. In the end, I finally received a credit for my British Air tickets after American Express advocated for me, and American Express credited me back the ridiculous and likely illegal service fees I was billed for trying to contact CheapoAir. I have NEVER dealt with worse customer service in any industry. BEWARE.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 5, 2022

The difficulty to reach out to an agency is ridiculous. There was a change to my flight schedule which caused me to have to cancel my flight. I've spent multiple days and hours to try to connect with an agency at different times. The online agencies always ended my conversation without solving my problem after hours of hold. The phone calls have led to the same result. I would be on hold for more than an hour, after I finally talked to an agency, they would connect me to somewhere else and the phone gets cut off.

After all the inconvenience and waste of time, I finally got to talk to an agency on the phone, Elizabeth. She was able to cancel my flight. However, she said due to CheapOair policies, I will not be able to receive a full amount of refund. There is a nonrefundable fee when you book the ticket even though your flight has been canceled or changed out of your control. I understand that flights are in high demand and airlines can be inconsistence, but CheapOAir is not making these inconvenience any better. I would rather book from the official airline website from now. They have lost my business.

Original review: May 4, 2022

Seriously the worst travel company I have ever dealt with. The fascinating aspect is the ongoing consistency of their terrible service. I have a CheapOAir Gift card and after an hour on the phone, being hung up on, transferred from department, no service agent can actually work out how to use their own gift card. Eventually I was told to email the tech team and tell them my problem. On another flight, an agent called me after I booked the flight to sell me a window seat...but I already had chosen a window seat when I booked it. She said I could risk losing it if I didn't buy a window seat. All agents are extremely hard to understand as English is not their native language. I am multilingual and I can barely ever understand them. The site is great...The service is terrible and worsening. Never using them again.

Original review: May 1, 2022

I booked airline tickets for a domestic flight within the U.S. through CheapOAir. One week after booking, I received an email stating that one of the flights was changed from 7 am to 9 pm. I called the company to try and negotiate the original time that I required. I called four times. The first three times I was disconnected after talking to an agent and asking for a change. The fourth time, the agent told me that I was required to call United Airlines (the carrier) to make the change.

Upon speaking with Rose at United Airlines, I was informed that the tickets sold by CheapOAir were not even basic economy. I had to pay United Airlines $49.50 each way just to get into United's basic economy class. I then had to pay the differential of the cost of the time of the original flight from the time that CheapOAir had "assigned" to me without asking. In short, the flight wound up costing me double. And it took me hours of time spent on the phone. I would consider it a service to humanity if CheapOAir went out of business. They also don't allow reviews on their own website. That policy speaks for itself.

CheapOair response

We tried working with the customer regarding the charges she was accessed by United airlines.

Original review: May 1, 2022

I purchased two tickets last year for New Zealand domestic, me and my dad. Had to cancel the flight due to COVID lockdown. They put my purchase to credit. After a long time of lockdown my father couldn’t travel anymore with me due to health problem, so I rang to ask them if I could use the credit just for myself. They located at USA New York and I had to spend so much to call overseas. They told me to contact the airline, so I called the airline to ask but they said they have no authority to do anything as I didn’t purchase the ticket from the airline, I had to go back to ask the agency again. Then they said I have to use it for the same passenger for the same itinerary with same airline. Which means after a long time of lockdown, and postpones, my dad cannot travel with me anymore. And I have to wait to see the tickets expire.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 30, 2022

Truly makes me feel like this company a big scam. They hire their customer services people in different countries and pay them bare minimum so Of course they won't care about your travel issues nor your money. Spend 5 hours on the phone with multiple “agents” on april 29,2022. Been hung up on twice on the phone and chat after waiting on hold for hours!!! Bought a ticket from Beirut to Moscow for may 7th for my sister.

Due to war right now all international flights have been cancelled to Russian and all aeroflot flights since march 8th. CheapOAir people have 0 knowledge on it. In their system all ticket ate ACTIVE. HOW???? There is war there how are they still selling those tickets??? Called Aeroflot they said they notified all third party companies about this and to refund all the tickets but cheap o air refuses to refund or give you credit. All they cant do is change dates. Are you serious???? How are we supposed to know when the borders will open again. This is beyond ridiculous.

After 5 hours on the phone they still didn't resolve anything for me personally. Can't change destination. Can't get credit. Can't change anything on the ticket and they keep sending you to airline and airline keeps sending you to cheap o air. So frustrating. All agents have different information. They give you a run around that will leave you in tears and with brain aneurysm. Be smart and never purchase tickets through them.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 29, 2022

Don't use this company. They try to cross-sell you insistently. If you have a problem they will take huge time on the phone and will say will call back. They never do. I have spent more than 6 hours on the phone during 2 days to try and fix a problem they made in my booking. Tried to cancel within 24 hrs time frame and they refused always asking me to wait a bit more until they could fix the problem. I wasted a huge amount of time and energy. A total nightmare and mind you their prices are NOT significantly lower. Check other sources and you will be much better off.

Case has been resolved