It's that easy Request Information
3.22/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

We understand that traveling can be a hassle. With CheapOair, it doesn't have to be. Our site allows travelers to easily access multiple quotes from hundreds of hotels, airlines, cruise lines and car rental companies to ensure that each customer finds a deal that best accommodates their travel needs.

CheapOair strives to provide the best customer service to our customers to help you through your booking experience. Should you encounter any bumps along the way, our team will be here to provide the best care and support.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

5500 CheapOair Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

The person who I spoke was very helpful and helped me with any needs I had. I asked questions and she answer them all. She was very knowledgeable. I had an issue with using the website so it was good to have a friendly voice assisting me.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Online services and options were easy to navigate. Notification by email was quick and accurate. Adding a rental car, using another credit card by phone was an excellent experience, the agent was informed, helpful and efficient.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I had a good experience. I will call and use the services again. Those that helped me were patient with me and very informative. I would recommend this company to other people. I never heard of this company until I started looking for flights.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

All three reps from CheapOair, the airline, the hotel, and lastly again the airline rep who help me with the "Premium seat" excessive, disguised, unfair, robbery method, were very professional and helpful.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

The agents went out of their way to help me and solve any problem that came up. My CheapOair credit card was first declined because they thought that someone was using it illegal and that was great. This reservation was very important because my daughter Rosalyn will graduate from college in May 2019. Thank you very much.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapOair?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Picking dates of travel was easy. Picking flights was simple and easy to do. I was also prompted to find a rental car and nearby hotel for my visit. Easy to do. Would encourage anyone to use this format to plan their trips.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

CheapOair shows a price on a search, then when you go to purchase it, this is what you see: "Due to airline fare or availability updates that occurred after we posted the latest price, your price changed from $403.39 To $992.39". Yet, if you go back and search again, even from a different computer, you will still see the cheap price...unless you try to purchase it. This is a scam!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

They offer price match within 24 hours after purchasing a ticket. Few hours later I found from Google flights a ticket about $70 cheaper, and wanted to have a price match. I was put on hold 5 times which was about 2 hours in total and nobody was responsible for that. Eventually I was able to get it canceled and book it from other airlines. The website looks from ill people who hired few cheap labours just to sell tickets... That is really sad.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I have booked airfare and hotel accommodations 3 times and the flights saved me money and went off nicely. Hotel accommodations are overrated by CheapOair. They are shabby with poor service. Avoid!!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I had a big problem with this travel company. Their customer support very impolite. I bought ticket via CheapOair, today I could not fly to my destination. When I was at the airport, checking corner of the airplane told me this is wrong ticket. Today my visa is expired, because the wrong ticket. From today I am illegally staying in origin country (in Japan). I think, within two days immigration office will deport me, because of the CHEAPOAIR and I never come back to Japan, I will lose my business and everything.

Week ago, I've bought ticket via CheapOair Fukuoka (Japan) - Incheon (Korea) - Tashkent (Uzbekistan). My e-ticket number is **. Today I went to airport to fly to Tashkent(Uzbekistan), as I said above airline company corner said me I bought wrong ticket, when I asked what is wrong, they said me: in the ticket airlines have no MOU between each others and they cannot connect the flight, so the SET OPTION by CheapOair was mistaken. So, CheapOair broke my life.

I have called customer service, but they said me that this is my mistake that I have chosen their company and their options. I could buy from different company, what they said. How such companies are existing in democratic countries as United States of America, Canada or United Kingdom? Where is the customer services in high level. As I understand customer service is located in India or Pakistan. But, why they wrote that their offices are in New York, 135 West 50 Street #500, New York, NY 10020, United States; Toronto, 7100 Woodbine Ave., Suite 204, Markham, ON, L3R 5J2; London, Mill House, 216 Chiswick High Road, London, W4 1PD???

Customer Service of America gave them award? Why? And for what? Their customer service is worst, which I have ever met. I want to contact with Customer Service of America, I think they should get back all awards from CheapOair, if they need detail records of discussion with customer service of CheapOair, I can present it for them. Today, I was on hold 140 minutes, and even after then they was very impolite.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I called Customer service to find out about the deals I was looking at. The price he gave me was way higher than what I was looking at the same CheapOair website. When I told him that, I guess he was offended and asked me to provide all the information. I also told him that as I given dates and destination to him, he should be able to see what I see rather I give him all the information. In return, he told that I am rude... I just told what I felt as it should be and I never thought a customer service rep should be rude to returning or any customers. Especially as a big and reputed company like at CheapOair. Please train your call centre representative to be nice to be on the phone and give respect to customers. With technology, You should be able to listen to my conversation with him. I was not rude to him and at the end, I had to tell that he was rude.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

CheapOair provides the worst service for travel booking. I booked my flight accidentally on CheapOair.com (which I don't understand why the website would not redirect you to Canadian website when you're in Canada). I also bought a trip protection plan. I called to cancel my flight in about 6 hours when I found out that they charged me in USD, and they still charged 50 USD for my cancellation with all the protection plan and within 24 hours cancellation policy. I never been any more upset with an online flight reservation service. I would never reserve any other flight through this website. Worst service ever!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I purchased flights for myself and my fiance for our honeymoon from Toronto to Paris. When I completed the booking on the website I selected to pay for one checked bag for the each of us. The website charged me $125 ($62.50 for each bag) and said it would cover the baggage for both legs of the flight. After booking the flight, I immediately realized I did not enter our middle names which is a must for international flight. I called and notified them of the mistake (about 15 minutes after purchasing). They charged me $118 to add our middle names!!! I was quite upset but I paid the fee.

After a couple of days, I checked the airline's website to confirm the checked baggage and found that it wasn't included. I called CheapOair and explained but they told me I didn't pay for it. I had to argue with the customer service person that I did in fact pay and finally got the rep to "send my issue to the department that handles baggage". I was not allowed to speak to those people directly. The next day I received a "Baggage Confirmation" email that had no explanation. So, I called CheapOair and they said everything was taken care of and the checked bags were included. Since I do not trust CheapOair, I once again called the airline directly. This time they told me I had two checked bags but only for the first leg of the flight!! And it would be extra for the checked baggage for the 2nd leg of the flight!!

Once again, I called CheapOair to explain that I paid for (2) checked bags for the entire flight (both legs) for $125. This time, the customer service rep was extremely rude and told me there was nothing they can do and if I wanted the checked baggage on the 2nd flight I would have to pay extra. I was unable to get anywhere so I ended the call. A couple of days later I again called CheapOair to explain the situation. Thankfully, this time the person was much better, and after much explanation, provided me a refund that covered the checked baggage for the 2nd flight.

The rep then connected me to the airline where I had to pay the fee for the extra baggage. Ultimately, my problem was solved but it was extremely difficult and took a considerable amount of time. After everything, I will never do business again with this company. Also, during the process, I found that the checked baggage fee for the airline is only $110... CheapOair tacks on an extra $15 dollar fee just for the checked baggage! This is of course on top of the $118 fee they charged me to add middle names to the flights.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Tried booking a ticket, for the system to immediately ask if the name spelling was correct. It was not, it had been changed from what I typed. So I try to change in chat and was told there would be a $50 fee. So I called customer service where I was left on hold for an hour to be told my flight was no longer available. I would have to rebook with yet another fee. Complete thieves and the FBI should investigate as such!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

All went well in the booking, took some time, but that was my fault. Flying around thanksgiving always is a hassle. Was booking my own flight, when the whole procedure stopped, my phone rang and it was CheapOair, they said the airfares went up higher, but they took care of it for me. Thanks.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Don’t use this company. I booked a flight from OKC to Austin. I know I entered my dates correctly. Got my email confirmation, and realized it was the wrong dates. Call to make a Change and it ended up costing me 100.00 and some change to correct it. It would of cost more to cancel so I just paid it and deal with it. Then on my way home I get to the airport and told my flight was canceled. I had to buy a ticket from another airline so I could make it home. Now I’m trying to get a refund on my canceled flight and CheapOair is giving me the runaround and will not refund my money. So I definitely would not recommend them to anyone!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Your agent, Stanley, was very professional and took care of the booking process in a very smooth manner, finalizing all aspects necessary to fulfill my needs. Prices were discussed to include all options and desirable decisions were made. Pleased with the good service.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Unnecessary charges - One name had a typo and within two hours I asked your staff to fix it. He told me it will cost me $25 for each way for changing an I to e. I understand that it costs money to reissue a new ticket. To avoid this type of situation I suggest as follow: After a person online ticket, please collect customers information and send email to the customer to check if all of the information is accurate. If a customer does not want to do that then it’s customers fault. This will avoid he said she said situation.

CheapOair response

Jatinder, provide the 8 digit booking number to this reservation,

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

While I was booking my flight, I accidentally forgot to put Jr on my last name. When I called to make the correction, I was very disappointed to be charged $34.95 to make the change or correction. Can the $34.95 be waived?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I bought a ticket to Hong Kong from South America with CheapOair. I researched a bit about layover times and every forum I checked said that the ticket would not be offered if there was not enough layover time. Well, apparently CheapOair does not take enough layover time into account. First, when checking in we were told that when arriving into Chicago, where we were to take our flight to Hong Kong, we should take our bags, get to the counter and check there. We called CheapOair and they assured us we would have enough time to do that. We arrive into Chicago, and when we got to the counter the Hong Kong flight had already closed.

We called CheapOair and they said that us not being able to check in to the Hong Kong flight was a no show. Therefore for $500 they could rebook us in the next flight, which was on the following day. We told them that we lost our connection because they failed to account enough layover time for us to catch our flight to Hong Kong. Well, apparently it was our responsibility to call the airport (which we did) and airlines to check if we had enough time. Fortunately, we flew Avianca on the first leg of our trip and they were really great, helping us rebook our flight to Hong Kong and helping us in every way they could. I will NEVER use CheapOair again.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Customer Assistance personnel helped me a lot to booked this coming trip to Dubai. He was very patient to give me enough information on this coming trip. GOD Bless him more. Keep up the good work! Continue to be of great help to lighten up the load of doing paperworks for the travelers.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I was very very satisfied with the service the agent was very professional and helpful. Would definitely use service again. As always looking for the right airline for the right price can be a problem especially as it gets closer to the holidays. The agent didn’t stop helping until I was totally satisfied. Now that’s a good deal.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I had the most horrible experience with CheapOair. I will never ever use CheapOair again and I am writing this review not to express my frustration but hopefully to help others to not make the same mistake. They don't deserve even 1 star but that's the lowest rate possible... I bought airline tickets for my parents in April of 2018 using CheapOair. The flight was in May 2018. Just the night before the departure I got an email that my parent's flight has changed to earlier hours... I was very upset that such important information was sent in an email instead of a call and the fact that we got this update just few hours before my parent's trip.

Anyways... we rushed to the airport and we were lucky they could catch the flight on-time. Now for their return tickets we are experiencing much worse situation. I got an email that their flight has changed, instead of November 14th they will fly on November 13! And they will have 26 hours layover. But this is not all. I called them already 4 times and I talked to 4 different people. Nothing happened except that I got angrier every time I talked to them.

Here is what happened: Every time I called I spoke with a person with Indian accent. The person asked me exact the same questions: "what is your booking number?", "what is your first name?" And then they asked me to be on hold for 2-3 minutes. Then they let me wait for 10-15 minutes. One time it got disconnected, I noticed from the change in the music, then an email came "Callback request: we couldn't reach you, if you need further assistance please call us back". I called again, a different person asked exact the same questions, then apologized for my bad experience with other agent, then put me on hold again. Then the person came back and said I have to be in longer hold because she needed to check with the airline directly about the alternative flights.

After 15 minutes she came back and gave me an option, the option this time was my parents would have two stops instead of one stop. I got frustrated because two-stops flight was not what I paid for. I paid for one-stop flight. She apologized, then said I had to be on-hold again so she could check other options. Guess what? I started hearing a different music, got disconnected? Again? Well I called again. A different person, same apologies, same questions same holding time. This time the music didn't change, a different person picked up. He asked, "How can I help you." HUH? Are you ** kidding me?? This is what I call a travel nightmare. No one deserves that. Please. Don't use CheapOair. Because they don't deserve your trust, they don't deserve your business. Even if they seem to be cheaper (which they are not!) Life is too short, stay away from evils.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I was assisted by two of your agents, Boyce and Erasmo. They both were very helpful, patient and professional with their dealings with me. They both got me a good deal for my trip. Erasmo was very friendly and candid, but still maintained his professionalism. You have great people!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

HORRIBLE!!! The company is a joke. Customer service is horrible! Liars! Liars! Liars! They do not disclose extra fees until you already bought the tickets and then charge you $50 per person to cancel it. This is ridiculous!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Everything was good, in the middle of my vacations I desired to stay longer in Puerto Rico and I called CheapOair, was easy to use the automatic system and it was easy to change my flights. :) Great help, customer service, very friendly. Thank you, guys! You made my trip unforgettable. :)

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Well to be TRUTHFUL, it's PATHETIC that I made a reservation and quickly realize that I had one day wrong. Call right away to change only one day and had to pay extra for this change. Will I recommend this site to friends? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

On Friday evening, 12 Oct 2018, I made a reservation for a round-trip flight from IAD to Roswell, NM (ROW). The courtesy and competence of the agent with whom I dealt (Samara) was outstanding. I have booked with CheapOair before, and will do so again.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

CheapOair is easy to use and I always check all the different sites and end up buying here cause it always finds the best deals. I was having trouble with my internet so I just called to book a ticket and the person was so friendly and easy to understand. He offered me the best deal and didn't try to get me to buy any extra junk. I believe his name was Noel. Great job!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

When booking a flight for my wife and I I accidentally entered one incorrect name. Instead of having me cancel the flight and re-book I was convinced to pay $30.00 to change the name, additionally I was convinced the pay another $29.00 to guarantee our seats. The worst part was I had to spend almost an hour on the phone and to top it all off CheapOair charged me twice for our tickets ($1,111.90) and I need to wait 3-5 days to get my money returned to me that should never have been charged in the first place. On top of all this is the language barrier, your support team try but it is not that great and sometimes frustrating for both sides.

CheapOair expert review by ConsumerAffairs

CheapOair was founded in New York City in 2005 to help travelers book flights, hotel rooms and rental cars. About 20 million people visit the website each month.

• Exclusive deals: CheapOair can offer exclusive deals because it has agreements with over 450 airlines around the world.

• Customer services: CheapOair has strong customer services and an extensive FAQ section to help users find the services they need.

• Vacation packages: CheapOair bundles flights, hotels and car rentals to help travelers save money.

• Price guarantee: The company offers a best price guarantee that will match lower prices offered by other travel sites.

• Customer care: CheapOair's 24/7 customer service won the 2014 International Service Excellence Award.

• IATAN and ASTA certified: Industry certifications tell consumers that CheapOair has met industry standards for quality and customer service.

• Best for: Domestic and international travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs