2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

1.8/5 (140 ratings)

About CheapOair

We understand that traveling can be a hassle. With CheapOair, it doesn't have to be. Our site allows travelers to easily access multiple quotes from hundreds of hotels, airlines, cruise lines and car rental companies to ensure that each customer finds a deal that best accommodates their travel needs.

Pros

• Discounted fares and travel deals
  • Price-match promise
  • Earn up to 2x points with app

Cons

• Cancellation fees
  • Nonrefundable tickets and fares

Bottom Line

CheapOair is great for cheap airline tickets and last-minute deals. If you don’t mind that fares are nonrefundable, you’ll enjoy the wallet-friendly travel deals on its website.

Top CheapOair Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Your Travel Agent gave great service and are very pleasant and made me feel Valued. I remain appreciative. Your detailed knowledge about luggage, seating, and flight made my booki...

Verified

I am very pleased with the customer service!! The booking for the flight was very successful and I did call the next day for some information and the young lady was very helpful a...

What is CheapOair?

CheapOair partners with more than 400 carriers, including Air France, Jet Blue, Spirit Airlines and United Airlines, to provide customers with affordable, budget-friendly travel experiences. The online travel site makes it easy to compare flight, hotel or cruise options and book them at your leisure.

Each fare comes with CheapOair’s price-match promise – if you find a lower price for the exact same itinerary within 24 hours of booking, CheapOair matches it and refunds you the difference.

Due to the current COVID-19 situation, CheapOair is also working with airlines to offer a future credit or full refund on cancellations.

How does CheapOair work?

Signing up with CheapOair lets you manage your travel, check previous transactions and track flights directly from your account. Members also have the added perk of earning points on every $1 spent, which can result in discounts of up to 20% on flights and 55% on hotel bookings.

Members can also earn points by referring friends and family members or using the CheapOair credit card, which can be used to earn points on everyday purchases, flights, hotels and rental cars.

CheapOair lets you access inexpensive flight deals in more than 30,000 domestic and international locations through its online booking system. The company also partners with hotels, motels and resorts to provide discounted stays. You can get additional savings with Enterprise, Alamo and Budget through CheapOair.

The CheapOair app lets you access flights, hotels, car rentals and exclusive deals from an iOS or Android device. Customers can manage their travel on the go, receive live updates on itinerary changes or notifications and earn up to two times the amount of points by booking through the app.

CheapOair fees

Service fees for CheapOair start at $25 per fare and apply to all U.S. domestic or international flights. These fees might vary due to special circumstances, including business and first-class airfares or fares for unaccompanied minors. The table below shows CheapOair’s most common service fees.

ServiceFee
Business and first-class airfares$150 per passenger
Alternate dates and nearby airports$55 per passenger
Unaccompanied minor$100 per passenger

CheapOair FAQ

Can you get a refund on CheapOair?
All discounted airline tickets on CheapOair are nonrefundable.
Is CheapOair trustworthy?
CheapOair is a legitimate travel company that works with more than 400 carriers, including reputable brands like American Airlines, Southwest Airlines and JetBlue.
Does CheapOair have free cancellation?
At the moment, CheapOair doesn’t offer free cancellations. Cancellation fees are $50 for each airline ticket, and hotel cancellations are $25 per room.
How do I get my tickets from CheapOair?
You can choose to receive an electronic or e-ticket that is accessed online or print your ticket at an airport kiosk before departure.

Is CheapOair legit?

CheapOair has a loyalty program, deeply discounted fares and an easy booking system, and we recommend the company for budget-savvy travelers and customers looking for cheap flights. We like the company’s price-match promise that matches competitor prices. In addition to the ability to manage your account online, the online travel site also provides accessible local guides and travel tips for destinations around the world.

CheapOair Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapOair?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

Satisfactory customer service. The Rep. was not only polite and helpful, he didn't you feel that you should hurry and get off the phone because he had lots of other things or customers to tend to. His tone was not rushed and it made you feel comfortable that he'll properly take care of your need. I have used CheapOair a few times before and have always had similar experience and I have recommended them to family members and friends whom have all had the same experience.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

While I can’t vouch for every customer service associates, I can tell you that the one who booked my last flights was outstanding. Never have I received this level of service. I really felt he had my best interest at heart. He explained everything he was doing and let me know each time he was going to put me on hold. When we got disconnected, he called back within seconds. His picture should be next to the definition of that term. I wish I had more trips to book. LOL. That’s how good he was.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I have used CheapOair on a couple of occasions in the past and while I found their airfares to be competitive, I was never pleased with their Customer Service. My view has since changed and I now have great respect for their Customer Service. I certainly think they are one of the best in the business when it comes to Customer Service. The flight I booked with them was cancelled. They informed me about this cancellation, but went much further by processing the refund without any need for me to follow up with them. This was truly superb and a true lesson in excellent customer service. They did not offer any excuses or give me any runaround. They just did right by me, their customer. Contrast this with another travel agency with whom I had another cancelled flight. After 3 months, I am still unable to reach them by phone or email, and I am still waiting to hear whether they will refund me.

Cheapoair not only provides low fares, they also offer superb customer service. They seem genuinely concerned about the satisfaction of their customers and demonstrates this with their action. I respect and appreciate this especially from Cheapoair especially during the Covid pandemic, where many companies have conveniently used it as the excuse for their crappy customer services.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

The young man I talked with was informed, helpful, courteous and extremely supportive for all my concerns. I don't know his salary but he deserves a raise. Our first trip was canceled and we had to find a different flight that answered our needs. I did not want a 6 hour layover in ORD airport. By trying different days he was able to come up with the perfect answer to our problem. Through it all he remained both charming and efficient. Excellent in every way.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

The booking and flights went well (the woman who booked it was amazing) but after my first flight to my destination I received a call stating that they were from Spirit Airlines and that my flight had been cancelled and they would like to reimburse me for my flight. I explained that I had already flown to my destination. Then they said my return flight was cancelled and I stated that I was flying back on American and not Spirit. I received a second call two days later stating that they were from American airlines and that my return flight on American airlines was cancelled. They couldn't give me my correct flight # and when I told them about the previous call and their voices sounded the same the call ended. There also was no problem with the flights. My concern is where did they get my # to call except with my reservation with you. The phone called to me was the same for both calls #254-278-4190. You might want to check into this. Thank you!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 22, 2021

I booked my tickets, checked the box to upgrade the flight. I was charged for the upgrade but did not receive the upgrade. This is the second time I have used them. BOTH times I received erroneous charges to my credit card after the initial agreed payment. Both times I had to go to my credit card company for reimbursement. They say you get what you pay for. Not true with CheapOair. They seem to take what they want.

CheapOair response

Simon, after reviewing the reservation we are not seeing that you were charged for an upgrade as the upgrade cost was over $4,000.00 which was declined on July 22 by you. As for the other charges of $14.95 for seat assignments that was added by you at the time of booking, but however has been refunded when you contacted us on July 14. If you require any other assistance please contact us at 1-646-738-4820, our apologies for any inconvenience.

Original review: July 19, 2021

Updated on 07/22/2021: I added a review here because I have to pay ~$200 extra for the same ticket, because CheapOair didn't book my ticket right away when I made my reservation on their website. Pathetic. To my review they responded asking for booking number and never heard back from them again, why trouble me if they don't want to do anything.

Original Review: Pathetic. Didn't book my ticket right away and I have to purchase the same ticket for higher price. Ridiculous, service they notified me via email at 4am in the morning which obviously I missed. Customer service is also bad. Thank You.

CheapOair response

The original reservation was made at 2:30am and the booking was done immediately, when it went to get issued one of the flights had been already canceled by the airline, it was denied by the airline as the fare had increased which we had no control over the pricing. We do apologize that you were contacted at 4:00am and the agent's are suppose to be considerate of the timing when reaching out to their customers. You mentioned you had to purchase a ticket at a higher price! but I don't see that booking was done with us. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Original review: July 19, 2021

Do not use CheapOAir, it's a scam. Tried changing my flight booking and got charged an extra $200 with no results. Still waiting on my refund. Not worth the hassle, stick with the traditional commercial airline websites.

Original review: July 15, 2021

Like many, I fell for the cheap prices CheapOair offers. We purchased 2 international tickets for $1900 last year. COVID came and we couldn't travel, so we had to pay $200 to put the tickets on hold. They said I could use them until the end of 2021. Called them today to rebook my flight, and was told I had to pay extra $1560 to be able to fly and not even to my destination, but somewhere "close". I see that those flights cost $900 online. So I can either pay $1560 to exchange or $1800 to buy 2 brand new tickets. So the $1900 I paid earlier and $200 to "hold my tickets" is basically worth nothing. WE LOST $2100 and have no tickets basically!

Original review: July 12, 2021

I used their website to book a flight, hotel, and car. A few hours later I received an email message saying the hotel was overbooked. They could not find me a comparable hotel in the area, and would not upgrade me to a better one, so I had to cancel. 7-10 business days to get a refund. I rebooked the same trip and hotel on Priceline. The room was available. AVOID!!!

CheapOair Company Information