It's that easy Request Information
3.25/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

We understand that traveling can be a hassle. With CheapOair, it doesn't have to be. Our site allows travelers to easily access multiple quotes from hundreds of hotels, airlines, cruise lines and car rental companies to ensure that each customer finds a deal that best accommodates their travel needs.

CheapOair strives to provide the best customer service to our customers to help you through your booking experience. Should you encounter any bumps along the way, our team will be here to provide the best care and support.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

5746 CheapOair Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

The Customer service Rep Amari was very professional, courteous and very helpful. I had booked a flight to London for the 9th of May on Virgin Atlantic, but was told the next day that the carrier would be Delta Air. I was very frustrated and disappointed. I felt that your website was very deceiving, so the first rep was very rude. When I called back yesterday Amari was willing to make the change for me, and I am very satisfied.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Needed to make some changes to a booking - return date and passenger last name correction. Quite satisfied with service I was provided as it was done on a timely fashion as well as with clear information. Thank you for the courteous treatment.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I do my own reservation on your website but I notice the schedule coming to Manila ahead for 2 days so I called the agent if I can change. He did help. They give a good flight for additional payment but the problem is the way they charge me. I am not happy. I have a limited amount on my credit card. How many times they do charging and now I have to wait before I can use my card. It really frustrating.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Recently I returned from Manila to Sydney, I paid extra for an exit row seat but despite it showing on my original invoice it was not provided on the flight. Unhappy with this the Flight attendants did their best to accommodate me however it was unsatisfactory to say the least. When I advised CheapOair about this and told them I was unhappy about having paid extra for a seat I expected a refund for this extra cost. Despite several emails 6 weeks later nothing resolved. Well for me no more bookings through this company.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I booked a flight to Hawaii and later looked at the flights on American Airlines and they were over $100 cheaper. When I tried to cancel within an hour of making the reservation they wanted to charge me $50. They insisted they told me about it but I would have remembered that. We settled on $25 and I still came out ahead by booking it with American. I'm still waiting for the refund and crossing my fingers because they made multiple charges on my card that make no sense. I will never use them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapOair?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I used CheapOair to book round trip travel for brother-in-law from Moscow to Tampa and back. CheapOair customer service is the worst. They force me to buy 2 round trip tickets and 1 one-way return ticket for the exact same travel. That is about $2,000 for a round trip passages advertised at $500.00 CheapOair is the WORST and more than deserves to be put out of business. Caveat emptor. BUYER BEWARE!!! I WILL NEVER USE CHEAPOAIR AGAIN.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Cheapoair and OneTravel (same company) is a SCAM: I tried to buy a ticket to Malaysia from Houston from their online website. The prices were good. After I completed the online form and hit book; this message came up: "Price of ticket went up $200 more, would you like to book it?" Immediately they call my mobile and started to offer me the cheaper prices and make empty promises on getting that ticket. Then they put you on hold and on hold. After more than an hour waiting, they sold the ticket to someone else. I tried again buying the following day; in fact about several times because of the cheap prices they advertised. The end result is the same.

To sum everything up, CHEAPOAIR advertise attractive cheap prices to get you then they call you to try to jack the price up, put you on hold on the phone while pretending to negotiate a better price with their supervisor. When you asked to speak to the supervisor, they will say they left. I ended up buying my airline from ITN which is an online travel agent at a better price. If you do not believe me, try it yourself.

CheapOair response

Fares can change at any time, as all travel agencies, and the airline are pulling from the same inventory. It does take that individual airline to update it's pricing on the website. So , we have a team of agents who monitor the site, and if customers are having difficulty booking, they make an out bound call to help. At times there fare will be higher because the flight is sold out as this customer experienced, but they will help find you the lower fare. This seems as though the customer did go onto the airlines website and found something cheaper, that can be due to switching of the dates being more flexible can save money, or that airline had a fare that was only available through them on their website.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Hello, I had booked a flight through CheapOair.com with an open date from Canada to Iran. The airline canceled its flights to Iran. So, I had to ask either a refund or a replace flight. I asked CheapOair for a refund. They answered a refund of $857.00 was transferred to my credit card on 11/21/2018. But they lied to me, and they had transferred me just $369.80! I'm trying to get the rest of the refund, but they don't want to give me the rest for $487.20.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I booked a last minute flight to Los Angeles for a job interview and received a booking confirmation. When I tried to check in for my flight the following day, I was told I didn't have a reservation. I called CheapOair and was told that the flight I booked was unavailable and that my credit card was not charged. I asked why I wasn't told that the flight was unavailable and they just said, "Your flight was never confirmed with the airline." I asked why and they just repeated, "Your credit card was not charged." The key thing is that CheapOair didn't bother to send any email or call to tell me that I did not actually have a ticket. The only communication I had with them was an email, with flight numbers and gates and layover times, saying that my booking was confirmed.

If I hadn't tried to check in online, I would have showed up at the airport to check in with no flight. This is no better than a scam, and now they have my credit card information. CheapOair suggested that I book another flight myself online, that leaves a day earlier and costs $200 more than the one I booked with them. They did nothing whatsoever to compensate me or even assist me. If I had just known that the booking didn't go through, I would have booked another flight or used another service in the first place. There were other bookings available at around the same price when I booked with them. Now, I don't know whether I will be able to make it to my interview. Bottom line: they took my credit card info and sent me a confirmation without actually booking any flight.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Ignorant people from India with rote comments, cannot help you in any way... Spent 6 hrs on phone to change flight to no avail... Just increased blood pressure. Tried to change flight within 24 hours, but by the time I gave up it was over 24 hrs. After computer conversations, tried getting a supervisor 6 times. Twice I left phone on counter with speaker on for over 30 minutes... No one ever picked up 4 times phone. Went to survey and then disconnected. Unbelievable experience. Never never again.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I was originally satisfied with my purchase until I examined my invoice. My agent claimed I had to pay extra for luggage since it was handled between two airlines. However, after receiving the invoice nowhere does it reflect that. My bill is just $100 more than it was originally, and no one can explain why. Beware of add on charges.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

The customer service person was very courteous and knowledge. I only wish he had offered me the opportunity to book my seats when I placed my reservation. I read about it online the next day. Otherwise a five star experience.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

This website charged our card 2x for the same tickets. You call them and you get someone from who only knows what country, trying to tell you how YOU'RE wrong. Put you on hold for over 40 min hoping you will just hang up and leave them alone. Will we ever get our money back? Who flippin knows but this company needs to be investigated. Hopefully our credit card company will help us. They really deserve 0 stars.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

It should be call CheatOair instead CheapOair. Shows price lower. When tried to book it went up 200 dollars so I called the number. There was a Indian lady told me price was cheaper for less layover time. Plus CheatOair doesn't shows flight that stops extra. She said it's technical stop. They sent me coupon by email but when I checked out nothing took off. So so ** scam.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I booked ticket and then cancel that. They said, "Refund will be in your account in 14 business days." I didn't get refund so I called again and then they mentioned it takes 2 billing cycles assuming it will take around 2 months. So, don’t book. If do so then forget about refund.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Outstanding service, professionalism and courtesy. The attitude was polite and willing to coordinate my trip. I will definitely recommend your service to my family members and friends. The service I received was EXCELLENT!! I will continue using your service in future flights, not only to Europe but to the continental USA.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

My friend scheduled to travel with me has requested to cancel her ticket due to health reasons. I was directed to customer service her name is Juliet. She was helpful in the process, answered all my questions well. I thank her for her assistance and her patience to me.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I have been using CheapOair for several years and it has worked reasonably well for me booking the flights I needed at the price that I could afford. I went online today to book a flight I found and selected the flight that I wanted to my destination and home and clicked on it and while filling out the information to purchase the flight I received a phone call from CheapOair. (Which should speak to my frequency of usage) The gentleman I was speaking to you told me that he could get me a better rate. I am suspicious of calls like this because I had an experience where someone tried to run a telephone scam so I am very cautious of these types of calls. I had informed the gentleman that I had the rate and the flights that I wanted to choose and he said it was the price and I told him and he informed me now that was not the price?

I was puzzled and he told me to look at the upper part of the screen and in very small type on the upper left-hand side now. This is after I selected my flight and had already started typing in my personal information, CC, et cetera. I was informed that my flight had almost doubled in price? And that that flight was no longer available although when I backed out of the screen and went back to the main screen the flight yet was still there. Again I refreshed, selected it again and it did the same thing. The price changed once I started putting my information. I was told by the gentleman that called me about the flights that are the flight prices on the screen that you select from aren't really the prices anymore. What she selected they change them???

I am appalled by this practice. In my line of work when I give a price to a client I have to stick to it even I lose money. It is unacceptable for them to post prices and after you choose your flights and are entering your information they change them. I will be following this up to every agency I can complain to. This practice is appalling. I will be looking elsewhere for my flights. I would rather pay more with an airline that doesn't bait-and-switch than through a travel service.

CheapOair response

Fares are subject to change at anytime. All the other travel sites, and that airline are pulling from the same inventory, and it can take the airlines several hours to update our website, as well as all the other travel sites. Our apologies for the inconvenience. The call was also reviewed and the agent was more than helpful, and did not find any comments made that were suggested by the complaint.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I was impressed with the patience the agent, Christian, had with finding a flight that was available and at good times for our needs for both going and returning. He made this a positive experience from other times and sites I have used. Thank you.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

The CheapOair website listed a flight I was interested in, it gave the departure and arrival locations, the times, the cost, the airline but no flight number. I had no reason to think this flight did not exist. I had used CheapOair in the past with good results. When I attempted to work with the flight I wanted I was unable to. I called in, the representative was very helpful and knowledgeable and did not make me feel stupid... however I was very disappointed to find that the flight I wanted did not exist, nothing even close to nonstop for the quoted price. I did book a flight with the representative's help, however it was $200 more and a one stop over instead of nonstop. I am a senior citizen with limited funds and time. I did not appreciate the bait and switch tactics. I will NOT use this site ever again. The representative was good and I appreciated his service. He should get another job with a more honest company.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

CheapOair is the worst. First time traveling. Bought a one way ticket from Mexico. I boarded from Acapulco. Landed on Toluca Mex. CheapOair never told me my next flight was 2 hours away in a different airport. Long story short. I missed my plane. I called customer service and was told they aren't responsible for it. Never again will I buy my flight tickets from them.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Booked and paid for return flights on Qantas to Australia, including aisle seats both ways. On checking with Qantas I discovered that these seats didn't exist - the row was actually a bulkhead. CheapOair refunded the seat booking charge. On arrival at Heathrow I discovered that no seats had been allocated. I was very lucky that I was eventually allocated one at the departure gate. Looks like they are selling standby seats at full price. Wouldn't have anything to do with them again.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

The CheapOair agent was very friendly and helpful. They answered all questions and seemed to work for us to find the best deal. This was the second trip to Philippines that we have used your services. Will continue to use you for future travels.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

The service had been excellent, also we the resolution of an issue with the name in the ticket with little cost impact. The call for customer service to validate the information after purchasing the ticket surprise me. No ocurred before when I use this web to buy other tickets in the past.

No response received
Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I recently bought tickets for a displayed price of 350 SGD but has been charged 380 SGD (a mix of SGD and AUD). I called their customer support to understand why, they assured me I would be overcharged and if there is any trouble I can check with their billing services. I got overcharged, their billing services said it might comes from the company airline itself and they can't do anything for me. It obviously took them 2 days to reply to me, which didn't allow me a fully refunded ticket. That was the first and last time I use their services and only deal with direct company airlines websites now.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

We booked a trip overseas on our cellphone, after booking the trip we immediately received a call from a representative of CheapOair. He said, "You did choose seats." but said we must, it would cost $39 to choose our seats. We said we were happy for our allocated seats, but he said, "No. You must choose." Also one flight he can't book because seats not released yet. We said okay and asked for window seats. When receiving our ticket, one flight wasn't window and another we weren't sitting together.

We logged into airline booking system, the truth was it was free to choose seats for most flights, the flight he said seats not released was a lie, they were but it cost for that flight to choose. We also were charged an online fee which wasn't clear on the system, so paid more than we expected. We decided to cancel our flight within 24 hours, CheapOair charged 150, but again there would be no charge from the airline. Bad service and dishonest selling and fees.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

All I can say the lady that I talk is very helpful. The name Kayl. Regarding the $50.00 discount coz my friend recommended me to CheapOair it’s ok now. I understand what she explain that I did not use coupon when I purchased a ticket. But she gave coupon code to be use for my future flight.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

We have a family emergency and had to change our flight to another time. 250.00 penalty. So we have to pay 500.00 total to move to another date. I think if you change day and still keep your flight you shouldn't be penalized.

CheapOair response

Monica, the penalties are accessed by the airlines and has been a policy for many years. If the fare is also different you have to pay the add collect. As a travel agency, we have to abide by the fare rules. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

My experience starting from flight reservations to booking confirmation went well. The staff who handled my trip (2 separate trips) seemed to be attentive in details and executed effectively. I like that it didn't make me lose time much more than I should. Thanks!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Car rental in Zagreb, Croatia - The person I booked the car with was very helpful, but he said he sent me an e-mail confirmation while we were on the phone and I never got one. This was 2 days ago. I would feel much better with a confirmation in my e-mail. Please send it to me. Thanks.

CheapOair response

Helen, I see that the email has been sent and received on your end. We appreciate your business!

CheapOair expert review by ConsumerAffairs

CheapOair was founded in New York City in 2005 to help travelers book flights, hotel rooms and rental cars. About 20 million people visit the website each month.

• Exclusive deals: CheapOair can offer exclusive deals because it has agreements with over 450 airlines around the world.

• Customer services: CheapOair has strong customer services and an extensive FAQ section to help users find the services they need.

• Vacation packages: CheapOair bundles flights, hotels and car rentals to help travelers save money.

• Price guarantee: The company offers a best price guarantee that will match lower prices offered by other travel sites.

• Customer care: CheapOair's 24/7 customer service won the 2014 International Service Excellence Award.

• IATAN and ASTA certified: Industry certifications tell consumers that CheapOair has met industry standards for quality and customer service.

• Best for: Domestic and international travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs