OneTravel

Do not EVER use this booking company. Ever!!! They scammed us out of $1,600 for 2 airline tickets. They will be rude, obnoxious AND give you attitude such as "What's the big deal, just pay for a new ticket. It's not as expensive as the first." And yes I said that word for word! Even the airline the ticket was "purchased" with, when they heard who it was booked from said they see it often with this agency, and many many people are scammed through them!!!! When you call, they don't even speak English and it's tough to understand them as it is. Even though we purchased travel insurance they didn't refund anything! Oh I lie, it was only $50 "credit" for future bookings. AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE.

I wish I did my research before I booked with them! But we were in a tough jam and needed a ticket asap and they were the cheapest at the time. Which as the say going, cheaper doesn't mean best! Don't book with them, stay away, and use your hard earned money somewhere else. And most of all, do your research in the booking company as well! We lost $1,600 AND still have to pay an extra $1,000 for a new ticket. I believe CheapOair and them are the same agency. When you call the number given, half the time they answer this is CheapOair. I will not be leaving this alone, I will be contacting every single number available and will try my best to get money back. But I repeat AVOID THESE IDIOTS LIKE THE PLAGUE!

I wanted to book a flight from Philadelphia to Detroit, because I received a promotional email from OneTravel. After completing the required information on their website, I continued to click the "continue" button, I suddenly discovered my card was charged $354. I was waiting the confirmation page stating my card would be charged, with a breakdown of the charges, so I could make a decision whether I would accept or deny the charge, that never happen! The airfare was $123, the baggage fees were $231, it cost more for my baggage to fly, than me! I called customer service (located in India) and was informed there was a $50 cancellation fee. I protested, informing the representative that I never viewed the confirmation page to authorize the transaction. I immediately called my bank to dispute the transaction. My funds were returned. Because of the way One Travel's website displays information, I would not recommend using the service. It is deceiving!!!

I bought tickets for 4 itineraries. Each flight ticket cost me more when I had to fly as they gave me crappy airlines that I had to pay for meals (international flights usually include meals), seat selection and baggage fees. These added cost are not revealed clearly to us when tickets are purchased. I ended up paying a lot more than what I anticipated for each flight ticket. This travel website is a fraud. However the ticket fare may be low, please do not buy from this travel website. Trust me, you will avoid a lot of headache and hidden costs that are not revealed to you.

Consumer Increased Rating!

OneTravel is a fraud. After 3 hours of booking I decide to cancelled and they took $75 off my card and posting on their website that you have 4 hrs to cancelled for free. They are a scam. DONT used them if your life depends on it. Thieves.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased a plane ticket with travel from Eugene, OR to Sweden. There were three legs to this ticket. The first leg was Eugene to Portland (approx 100 miles). The next leg was Portland to Iceland and then Iceland to Sweden. We had to make a last minute change to the first flight (which we could have driven) and it cost $997.50. I could buy 10 one way tickets to Portland from Eugene for that price. They really took advantage of a last minute emergency - SHAME on them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Onetravel.com?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

First, I have had several reservations with One Travel. On one, the airline altered my layover in MSP from over an hour to 40 minutes, making it doubtful that any delays in departure to MSP, or taxiing or deplaning delays in MSP would mean I and my luggage would not make my international flight connection to AMS. In the process of changing that first flight to earlier flight from FSD to MSP, unbeknownst to me, they altered other legs of my flight which were unrelated to my MSP problem. Now I have a layover time in Ams changed from 2 hrs 45 minutes to one hour. This is a very iffy connection in Shipol. Again any delay in departure, headwinds over the Atlantic, taxiing, or departure delays plus Schipol's security checks mean that now I very likely will miss that flight connection to Bucharest (OTP). If they had not altered that other leg unnecessarily I would have had a comfortable layover in Schipol of 4 hours.

They just transferred a problem at one airport to another. At the time of the change the agent did not tell me there were other changes to my itinerary, nor that they would refuse to make another change to correct the unauthorized changes. This was compounded with the difficulty of communicating through a non-native English-speaking agent. I now have 2 1/2 months to sweat out more unauthorized changes to my flight itinerary and whether I can make that connection at Schipol in Amsterdam.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I searched for a non-stop flight from Sioux Falls to St Louis round trip. Found one and bought the ticket. When the itinerary came in my email, it has one stop to Orlando and so I called explained what happened to a OneTravel agent. The agent said that I can have it canceled for a $50 fee. I told her that I didn't receive what they advertised in their website which was a nonstop flight. Here comes the craziest response you have ever heard... The agent said the non-stop flight is for your first flight to the transit (Orlando)! Tell me guys, is there any way to make it to your next transit flight without a non-stop flight! Why aren't they being sued? How long are they going to collect these fees? I am convinced this is part of their business model. Let's do something!

I found OneTravel extremely helpful when I was a full day late arriving at the airport for my return trip. I was in Asia and my flight home had 3 legs. It was impossible to resolve the problem at the first airport, and, luckily, the staff there allowed me on the first leg in spite of not having a ticket (for that day). When I got to Seoul, I was told that I had to call OneTravel and have them take care of my problem. I called and a gentleman, with an American accent, rebooked me. I was expecting to pay big time, but I was not charged a cent. I have booked with them before, always booking online, without using customer service, and I've not had any problem.

I bought tickets from One Travel and had to make a change to return flights. According to the airline, I could have made the change for a fee per person, if One Travel had cooperated. But One Travel refused to contact the airline to arrange for the change of flights. Instead, I had no alternative but to buy full price return tickets. They are a fraud. Avoid as if your life depended on it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I made reservation with this travel agent, then I checked with airline to select seat, they want extra charge for any seat selection. So I canceled my reservation with in 10 minutes of booking. Most of the booking can be canceled with in 24 hours with all airline and agents free of charge, but this agent charge me $75. There is somewhere hidden on their website this in probably small print so nobody can see it. I will never ever buy tickets from this site. Read all fine prints before you make final move.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Imagine this: a flight booking that goes from Edmonton, Vancouver then Los Angeles before arriving in New Zealand. Only problem is: at our stopover in Los Angeles we only have 78 minutes to collect our bags, recheck them back in, clear immigration, clear customs before we board the plan on the way home BUT here's the real catch (yes it gets more bizarre) Air New Zealand gates close 75 minutes before our departure so in effect that only gives us 3 minutes to do all the aforementioned. So we rang OneTravel to get these arranged without them reaching into our wallet but they are like, “Nah we are going to take your moneys inside then we come to the table and talk about sorting out your problem that we caused in the first place.” It's a several hundred bucks trap waiting to happen. Wow! Thank you WrongTravel! (in my most polite sarcastic voice) Lesson for the day: Don't Travel with WrongTravel aka OneTravel.

OneTravel is a bureaucratic soup of subcontractors and subcontractors of subcontractors that offer zero in the way of customer service and instead throw up roadblocks every step of the way for any change you would hope to make. Their call centers are staffed by idiotic automations that have no compassion and apparently no brains. We worked for hours (like 10 between my wife and myself) to change a ticket, and when we finally got the airline to change it (for a $180 fee, WOW airlines, I will write a second review for them), they could not print us a receipt or the modified itinerary, and OneTravel didn't have record of the change. So, we could get no proof of the change we just paid dearly for, and the US Passport office wanted to see that proof. And at every step of the way they kept saying, "It is not possible". Well, what is possible is that I would hope they will get banned from doing business in the US. We don't need these ineffective charlatans.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

They will offer you cheaper flights, when you book and enter your card information they will change the date you were book for. After that they will give you 2 options. Either you cancel for high fee or you change the booking with them and purchase a very expensive flights. SCAMMERS LOCATED IN INDIA AND WORK FROM THERE.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

OneTravel did not work with me to be able to change my fights without a huge fee. When I wanted to cancel my flight they were going to charge me a $200 dollar fee for cancellation, even though there was no refund to my $1200 dollar booking. REALLY. They just want to make money and not help the customer. I will NEVER recommend OneTravel to anyone and will not use them EVER again!!! I will make sure at least 20 of my friends and family know about this!!!

OneTravel.com has list of things to decline on the way to check-out but somewhere in their very fine print is a service charge. The service charge does not appear in your shopping cart or as part of your total. If you have a credit card that lets you see what is being posted to your credit card in real time, you will see what was in your shopping cart and then you will see an additional fee. Deal with the airlines directly - these guys are dishonest. Reading reviews of OneTravel.com, it looks like I got off easy. Reading other people’s review OneTravel.com has even worse things in their portfolio of tricks.

They took my money and everything looked fine. I had paid for my seats with the reservation. When I got the Frontier Airlines confirmation, One Travel.com had not paid for my outgoing seats. The return seats were confirmed. I re-contacted One Travel.com and they told me they would handle it. They didn't even though they sent me an e-mail saying the seats were confirmed. I called Frontier and had to pay $26 again to Frontier for my outbound seats. One Travel.com owes me $26 but I'll probably never see it.

It was not clear to me, after I made a phone call to an 888 number if I would be charged for my contacting One-Travel. It is not clear on the invoice I received in that 888 number is toll free. I had a good experience with the person who helped me get a seat on the plane that I am going from Rome to London on. I just was put on "hold" twice in the phone conversation... and got nervous about whether or not I would be cut off. I was helped very much in getting an assigned seat. I did not know from my conversation if there were options in getting an assigned seat. I paid about $35.00.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Aug. 1, 2017

They refunded the amount which was charged additional after seeing this review. Am marking this issue as resolved.

Original review: July 21, 2017

Very pathetic. They charged over what they quoted in the billing forwarded to me. An additional of 20 dollar. I called and checked with bank and travels but the travel agency does not accept it as their transaction but it was their name on it.

I would have liked someone to explain that the travel agency receives a separate fee of $110.00 or more and that was part of the total. Also, I would have liked them to explain to me too about food be included, and the baggage policy. If we have to pay for baggage, or if we get 2 bags free of charge.

I booked a flight online with One Travel. When I received the email confirmation, 1minute, later I realized the date was wrong. I tried to cancel online but couldn't so I called to re-book. The price they quoted me was twice the original price, so I asked them to cancel. They charged me $50. I told them about a 24 hours free cancellation policy for airline tickets. They told me it was for airlines only, not travel agencies. I told them it was written on their site "book with confidence, 24h cancellation". They remarked it doesn't say "free". I disputed the charge with my credit card provider -- pending. I contacted the Better Business Bureau. They wrote me back: "The company is no longer in business." Well I am afraid it is, still. I invite consumers, victim of this scam to do the same. Good luck.

Horrible Experience. Customer Service reps do not really speak English, mostly reading prepared scripts. I have booked a flight 2 days ago and still not received itinerary. I asked them if they could send, they told me that it will take a minimum of 24-48 hours to resend. Why MINIMUM 24-48 hours to send itinerary email? Which century are we living in? Also, the service agent was rude and arrogant and when I requested to speak to a Supervisor, he told me, "You can waste your time if you wish". I have used OneTravel a few times before and not a problem, but then also never had a reason to call Customer Service, but this will be my last time. Customer Service, obviously not a term in their dictionary!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a ticket with the best price available. After checking with every price comparing website, no one was near cheaper. After buying, I searched Google for OneTravel and these reviews came up. I was in shock and fear that I lost my money. I am happy to inform that there was nothing to worry about. I had a small problem, got answered immediately in chat and got the airline confirmation number. I don't know what most of these complaints are about, But I had good experience with them and got the best price available around and I should add that the tickets were bought on short notice.

All of our Scotland from Charlotte, NC non-OneTravel bookings were as expected without disappointment. Great trip with a huge exception of OneTravel. OneTravel is a huge disappointment. Paid for the "seat selection/insurance" and that was a waste of $29. BIG SCAM. OneTravel personnel could not provide any service AT ALL. Never got seat selections for Aer Lingus flights. I had to sweat bullets to arrive in time to get seat selection in the airport. Never got what I requested from OneTravel.

OneTravel has NO PULL with Aer Lingus and they do not know or they obfuscate the fact that Aer Lingus will not allow OneTravel to access the seating charts and select on behalf of customers. Aer Lingus locks out bookings originating from travel companies such as OneTravel. Lesson Learned. DO NOT USE ONETRAVEL. (CheapOair still under cover as OneTravel and CheapOair and they screwed me before) My advice is book directly with airlines. My sister in law found pricing as good if not better and had the seating in advance and no worries.

We booked flight in Kayak site and directed to Onetravel.com. It's our first time to book on this Kayak site but unfortunately was so bad experience. Onetravel.com has bad services, we will do our best to inform everyone NOT to use ONETRAVEL or KAYAK. They are headache site. WORST SERVICES ever in my LIFE! I cancelled my credit card due to their bad services as they could not confirm our booking right away. We called up their hotline hundred times and waiting for long time to get the confirmation of our flight and kept on waiting and waiting for their answer but it ended to wait for 5 hours but we did not receive any call from them for more than 10 hours.

Calling for confirming your ticket will cost you a lot as our booking still pending and they said they waiting for the verification of the card. I really don't know to whom they are verifying my card. To make the story short, I cancelled my booking and I cancelled my credit as well as my bank agent suggested to cancel immediately as they got all my informations already. NEVER use KAYAK and OneTravel if you want to enjoy your holiday.

OneTravel has horrible customer service. It was like talking to a wall. I tried calling AND live chatting. This entire issue could have been avoided if their customer service team actually understood the English language. The language barriers between myself and the agents caused a huge issue with my bank and my sanity. I requested (many times during my conversations) to talk with an agent located in the US and was never obliged. I attempted to communicate my issues with the agents and it was a complete waste of time. Terrible customer service. I will no longer be a customer of OneTravel. I'm taking my business elsewhere and I'm spreading the word to everybody I know to never use OneTravel again.

Disclaimer: My long stressful experience is written in details down below. But let me just tell you all how this company, all the process including the booking, name changing, cancellation, and refunding, as well as mistaking some credit card accounts and amounts is very very stressful. You might be lured into their cheap price, but once you want to change ANYTHING, everything is an additional fee and it is very hard to reach them! I thought they were something like a scam because they never check the email and respond back, and every single part gets connected to different departments and you have to tell your story on and on each time. They are not responsible and takes advantage of you (especially when you are not fluent with English! I had to translate this whole process for my family because they would look down on them!)

On Jun 16, 2017, I made a reservation for me and my 3 friends and tried using my card for the payment but it failed due to account amount limit so my friend used her card. By the way, I have sent a similar email to tlc@onetravel.com however they never replied back to us even though on the website it said to email them when questions are needed.

On July 3rd, 2017, I called the OneTravel company wanting to change one of the passenger to a new passenger, so I cancelled the seat of one of my friend and paid 150$ of cancellation fee. But in the end, I had to cancel the rest of 3 people as well, so I also paid 450$ for the rest of the cancellation fee (the total amount of 150$ and 450$ is 600$ and this will be paid to the OneTravel company on July 26th, 2017 due to credit card system). So the total refund amount for 4 people, 876.68$ was refunded to my friend's card out of 1471.88$ the total flight expenses. Which means that the cancellation fee is subtracted from 1471.68$-876.68$=600$. Then, the cancellation fee is taken by the company leaving my friend with the refund amount of 876.68$. Also, instead of 1471.68$, about 1535$ was charged from my friend's account!

However, another 600$ was charged for the cancellation fee in the beginning with no refund to my account. When I made a phone call to the company’s billing department, they told me that from a card that we never paid with, a total amount of 1,090$ was charged and a refund of 876.68$, leaving with the amount 213.6$. I don’t even know what this 213.6$ was charged for and not returned as a refund as well. Also they told me that from my card 150$ was charged, and 450$ was charged (when I made a cancellation call and went through this process, but above it’s already shown how this 600$ is taken from my friend's account leaving with the refund of 876.68$) And another 381.6$ was charged for the flights when all the flight expenses were charged from my friend's account!

This company has a major system error with this calculation as well as amount procedure for each account for our cards. The amounts that were actually charged from our card accounts (checked by the credit card bank for the amounts) are different to what this company is saying that was charged. And due to this major error from your company, we need to get a reply from them to cancel on the 600$ that will be processed to be charged on July 26th, 2017. As well as a confirmation and apology for this mistake and this stressful process of cancelling, refunding, account mistaking! But they haven't even read the email still after days and days!

I purchased a round trip air ticket from OneTravel, I didn't deliberately click on a flexible date. I lately found out they have given me new itineraries which I never desired. I called and asked them to change, however they asked me much more amount than the original ticket itself. I am deeply disappointed.

I booked a flight to OneTravel. The airline changed the time so one day before, I called the travel agency to confirm that there are no more changes and asked to notify me in advance if there are changes. They never did. I have to drive for two hours to the airport to find the flight is cancelled. The worst travel agency.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I rented a car through OneTravel. Signed up for a one day rental. Software assigned times for the rental. Turns out the times were 2 minutes over the one day rental. Got charged two days of rental even after repeated tries to explain and get a one day refund.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Really bad experience. Did a booking online, received booking confirmation and all the details, but then a day and half later they send me an email that there is a problem with my credit card. Couldn't verify some personal data with my credit card provider. I did change them so that they match, but then started the problem. First they said my ticket increased in price 600 us$. I said I see it online at similar prices, but they said there was nothing they could do.

After some back and forth, I asked to cancel it, and boom, miraculously they said they could keep the price (she said she asked her supervisor). But then I had to go again through the verification process, and again they couldn't verify my personal data with AmEx. After asking the guy to check multiple times, he was able to verify them. Long story short, really bad customer service. I thought I had the booking, and went ahead and booked hotels etc, and then had to spend really long time on the phone resolving their issues.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

OneTravel is a Pennsylvania-based travel website that was started in the mid-1990s.

• Newsletter: OneTravel uses a daily newsletter to keep its members updated on the latest deals.
  • Hotels: Travelers can find discounts at over 84,000 hotels.
  • International travel: OneTravel books hotels in and flights to countries all over the world.
  • Business class flights: Travelers can specify that they want business class flights so they can focus on options that match their needs.
  • Rewards: OneTravel members earn points that they can use to lower the prices of flights, hotel rooms and rental cars.
  • Best for International and budget travelers.

OneTravel Company Profile