1.29/5
  • 1 star
Based on 168 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

OneTravel is here to help you plan your next vacation. From flights to hotel, rental cars and cruises, OneTravel has it all for you to plan your trip. We offer not only domestic, but international flights as well with some of the most competitive prices in the market. When you book through OneTravel, you can rest assured that all of your travel needs will be taken care of. Contact us today and allow us to assist you in booking your next getaway!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 10, 2017

792 OneTravel Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

Travel one people says that "all prices quoted are accurate..." which is false. I have got a different statements from literally 7 OneTravel people I talked to regarding my issue. All they care is about taking as much money as they can from their customers. I am a frequent flyer but because of their horrible service and always changing statements about fees I will never ever going to book my flight with them. I literally had to pay $2000 for economy class for my U.S. to U.A.E. flight. My head is blowing out for paying this much for the economy class and these ** are enjoying by charging a whole bunch of money from customers. Go to hell travel one.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I booked an international flight by phone, a salesman told me that I could have two checked luggage. But after bought the ticket, I immediately found it was not true. So I asked to cancel the ticket. Before buying the ticket, the salesman told me the ticket was fully refundable in 24 hours. But when I asked to cancel just in a half of hour, they asked me to pay $75 service fee. In second day I called them to check the cancellation status, they told me they didn't cancel the ticket as I didn't like to pay the service fee. If cancelling it now I must pay many additional cancellation fees and only refund less than $100. I asked them if they were an American company, they told me they were international!!! So I had to call my credit card company to get my money back.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I was late for a few minutes to check in. I called them but they couldn't help. Only money matters to them not customers. I lose $999 and being upset came back. It was for international flight. Rest in peace my $999... miss you. I suggest them to help the customers because they spend believing you.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I bought one way 3 tickets from Stockholm to Oakland California. I got e-mail confirmation, text message and e-mail, "Prepare for your trip," and 4 hours before flight got text and e-mail about terminal and gate number. But when I went to the airport there was no booking confirmation with airlines. Called them saying, "We called you, we sent you e-mail. Your card did not go through," so and so on, "Let me contact you my supervisor" and supervisor never came on line despite holding for 30 minutes and ended up buying standby tickets for thousands of dollars. Just don't be victim of cheap fare. They are scammers, con artists and simply thugs. Hell with this travel website.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Called four times to change my flight time, as the airline had changed the time of my flight. After 45 minutes, and having been passed to three different people, they hung up. I called back, told them my problem and was told they would call back to verify the time change. Of course, they didn't call back. After 24 hours I called again, and finally got a result. I need to upgrade my flight, so called back a fourth time, and was told I didn't know what I was talking about, in fact I was shouted at. I told them I wanted to upgrade, and they hung up on me. The Indian accents were quite hard to understand, and they were extremely rude. I finally called the airline and booked directly, but now I've had to pay twice for my flight as OneTravel wouldn't cancel the original booking.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Onetravel.com?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I have lost my green card thanks to these thieves, I booked my flight and the day of the flight they cancelled my flight without reason so I decided to go to the airport to see if it was a mistake and they didn't find me in the system, I tried to book another flight but it was too late and we were struck by a major hurricane so there was no more flights. My advice is to not trust this company. I believe this a huge scam. Just wish that someone does something to get rid of these scam artist.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

My experience with this travel booking website was stressful. After I paid for the tickets, I found the dates were wrong. I called the number and talked to customer service, a guy with Indian accents and noisy background. I told him I just booked tickets online few minutes ago and found some errors we needed to correct. He kept me on hold for a while and then told me to wait for three hours for the airlines to change the date. After an hour, I thought about how could it took that long to change the time. I called back. A lady with Indian accent answered. She did the same thing that putting me on hold for 10 minutes then came back. She would call me back, but she never did. I called back again and asked for a supervisor. I was again to put on hold for a while and returned said something I had to wait. Now I am still on hold... I felt like I was punished for ordering tickets with this website... wasting my time and money.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

This company is a complete **. It is renamed infamous CheapOAir. I was point to them by Kiwi.com aggregator. They do not send e-ticket, but instead send mail that states something like "we tried to call you, please call us back". They tried. At 7:00 Saturday morning. Very smart. I called to them. They asked me to provide phone number of PayPal to verify my PayPal account. I am dreaming? They are? Cancelled. Never again.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I am giving OneTravel one star because I cannot figure out how to give them zero stars. So I am only going to post when I can prove. This is a pretty sleazy company. My wife bought tickets from Dulles to Brazil. The flight out was fine. We got to the airport for the first leg of the flight back and had no reservations. We ended up buying tickets on another airline to connect to the rest of our reservations. Six weeks and several communications later, OneTravel actually asked us to call One of the airlines they had bought our tickets with. Their customer service appears to be in India. In each communication, the response is the same: give us 3 to 5 business days.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told one would call within 24 hours. More than a week later I got a callback from the supervisor's desk. OneTravel has basically refused to refund us until they get a refund from the airline they bought the ticket from which is not even the airline with whom the flight was apparently canceled. So we are still out $1200 and OneTravel does not seem to be concerned about customer satisfaction at all. I will drive before I book a flight with OneTravel again.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

On the way to my uncle's funeral, after 30 hours of air travel and a $2700+ US plane ticket from the US to Argentina, my mother’s flight was cancelled without her knowledge. She then had to purchase another flight and waited 5 hours for the next airplane to leave. My uncle died 1 day later, however, 5 hours was taken away from my mother. Worse, she purchase insurance and instead of a full refund, she received a $100 meal voucher. We have been escalating 3 months without any resolution.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I searched for specific dates for a three-city itinerary of air travel on Kayak.com which were returned with good competitive pricing. When I chose to purchase this itinerary I was directed that it was a "hacker fare" that had to be purchased via three separate websites as quick as possible to avoid losing these prices. I did my best to get through the three websites, one of which was OneTravel/CheapOair.

After completing my purchase, I received the email which had my purchase confirmation. The email had different travel dates than I had initially chosen. I immediately called OneTravel and explained the situation. They said that their system had chosen a different and alternate date for a cheaper flight. I explained that I hadn't chosen this option and could not travel on that date. Their idea of customer service was to charge me an additional $509 for a change fee and because the date I wanted to travel was more money. Total fraud website. Don't book using them no matter how cheap, you'll regret it.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Started to book with this travel agency, when I noticed the return date was incorrect. Contacted them, they were trying to charge me an extra $50 to change the date. After some discussion they ended up not charging me the $50 and we ended up not working with them. And I think that was a good thing. RUN, RUN as fast as you can from OneTravel. This is the cancellation letter I received from OneTravel. And I have no idea who “ABIR **”? This is the person it’s addressed to, which is certainly NOT me...

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I wished to fly from Porto Alegre, Brazil to Buenos Aires, Argentina on December 19th. On Nov 8th I filled in all requirements online to purchase a One Way ticket for US$320 from company "One Travel" (WK Travel Inc). They confirmed and asked for passport and credit card details, with which I complied. I received NO confirmation, but 12 hours later they asked me if I was still interested in flying with them to Buenos Aires, offering me the same flight? I replied by redoing their purchase form and once again, giving both passport and credit card details, and received a flash on screen saying "Congratulations, you got the best deal." Once again no confirmation, and again an email 16 hours later requesting I buy a ticket from Porto A to Buenos A?

Now I called them on 1 855 8507352 (only number available) very angry. I spoke to an Indian gentleman named Arthur, who claimed to be a Supervisor. I asked him for a Protocol Number for the call, but he did not have one. I then asked him if he would give me his Passport Number, address, and Credit Card details. He asked why. I said "Well you got mine twice under the false pretenses of issuing me a ticket."

He then said he would re-book if I wanted. I said “Yes, I have wanted to do that with your company for the past 48 hours.” He then went right through the entire booking procedure, including once again my passport and Credit Card details. (3rd time). When he got to the end he attempted to book, then said, "Sorry no Flight available at this time or price." Again I asked for a Protocol Number but he did not have one and hung up (after 40 mins on the phone). The Internet says this is a 20 year old USA Company, with Discounted Fares uploaded daily. I have done a lot of travelling, and this is my worst ever experience making a booking. This company cannot be trusted and is falsely declaring Flights available, both on their site, and via email, then denying you the opportunity to book that flight (having extracted all your personal details).

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

An extra letter was added on to the end of one passenger's name on a ticket. OneTravel was no help in getting it fixed. They claimed that they could not help, have the airline do it. BS. The airline said that OneTravel made the booking they must fix it. Finally OneTravel agreed to fix it for an additional charge of $75; then said this was just their fee, there would also be a fee from the airline. All of this was done by an agent who had a very "don't give a damn" attitude. His India based accent on the English language was nearly impossible to understand, particularly with the very loud background noises generated by other workers that I was forced to listen to while being left on hold for long periods.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Booked 2 reservations online recently and called several times. Encountered people with heavy apparently Indian accents who spoke fast and difficult to understand. They didn't inform me of service fees and exactly what amounts my CC would be charged. I had no idea regarding these fees which made the cost of the ticket high, not a cheaper fare as they advertise. Wouldn't use them again. Use the airline directly. Also Spirit Airlines comes up when you type in airlines to your destination which is not economical. Bad experience.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I purchased tickets to the Bahamas, and my Condo etc. through One Travel. I also purchased insurance through Trip Mate. Trip Mate will not process my claim. They say I have to go through One Travel. They have done nothing for me but have me wait. Never book through this agency and do not waste your money on their insurance.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

My Ticket was canceled 4 days before departure due to a lack of confirmation from Spirit Airlines. Their agent although very friendly and helpful was unable to get me back on the same flight for the same amount of money. I had to pay an extra 80 dollars for my ticket due to the last-minute arrangement. I also had to change my dates in order to land this price. Furthermore the agent placed the departure booking as two distinct legs with Spirit so this meant that because it wasn't a connecting flight I had to pay for my carry-on twice. All in all my experience with this company was not satisfactory at all and I will not be recommending anybody towards their services. I'd rather pay a little more upfront and not have to deal with this stress which ended up costing more money than had I just gone with a different company.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I purchased a few tickets and within 15 mins I was on the phone trying to cancel them. They said there would be a fee to cancel. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told that the supervisor was too busy??? I ended up paying $210. I total rip off!!! I will never attempt to deal with these people ever again.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I've had two issues with OneTravel.com that occurred within a couple of weeks of each other and I will never use their services again. Booked ticket from Sofia, BG to Chicago, USA 3 months ahead of time. Two weeks prior to travel, they sent me an email (no phone call) that my ticket was canceled by the airline Air Berlin. Because of this, I incurred a premium charge of nearly $200 on top of the original ticket price as I was forced to rebook with another airline. OneTravel.com did not assume responsibility and only refunded me the original ticket amount.

About 3 weeks later, I through my poor judgment booked with them again and after providing my credit card info and receiving a confirmation email, didn't think about it again, for a flight the next day. OneTravel.com then sent an email stating that they needed to speak to me. I called them and upon answering their questions, was told the ticket was confirmed. After not seeing another email, I got concerned and called them, at which time, they told me that the ticket wasn't issued and now there was a premium of $67.21 to pay in order to get the ticket. Since I was with less than 12 hours notice to the flight time, I had no choice and paid this premium. Moral of the story is that ONETRAVEL.COM are garbage, scam dirt sucking slime. Don't use these turds, or they will not just take what they agreed to but they will hold you for ransom for more.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I called to cancel the trip four times and it was not 24 hours. If I got it done on the first call it would not have passed the time. I talked to six different people and still didn't get any satisfaction. I had to call back so many times, because I couldn't get someone to answer or get me to the right person. I also was hang up on twice and was on the phone for over an hour to no avail. When asked why I wanted to cancel I told them that my friend was also looking for tickets and found them for less. I was told I can get credit for a year, but will have to use the four tickets for the same people. Not satisfied at all.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

OneTravel has been very good at follow up on our January flights. Our only complaint rests with the airline's flight changes that impact us. Longer wait times at airports for connecting flights. Also, an early departure from Orlando, Florida to San Francisco is changed to an ungodly time of 615 a.m. While I don't blame you for these changes, we are just not happy to leave home at 315 a.m.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I was entering information using my cell phone and the ticket was booked for the 12th not 10th... I called right away and they charged me 100.00 to cancel my ticket that was booked within 10 min of booking... Not to mention they charged the 100.00 on the spot however I still haven't received a refund. This is how this company treats the military... Also American Airlines was no help because it was booked with a 3rd party. Don't use this company stick with Skyscanner or Expedia or the airline itself.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Please do me a favor. "Don't deal" with these people. They sale you ticket which have 24 hours delay at airport. And when you call these people they tell you there is a charge of $320 although the original price of the ticket is $80. Don't deal with these people, and don't deal with these people.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I was with customer service for more than 30 minutes trying to change the return date for a flight I booked for January, I was on hold for about 4 times... At the end they say it’s not available the date I wanted although at the same time I’m on their website checking that date and it says available. I was willing to pay another $300 for rebooking but they’re asking me for another $700+ for it. Customer service sucks!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Dealing with OneTravel has been a nightmare. I have tried to get a correct booking itinerary since July 4, 2017. I have made numerous unsuccessful calls. I selected seats on the flights ahead of time and received the charge on my credit card but couldn't get them to send me an itinerary showing they were confirmed. I will never use them again!!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I am writing this review to warn people to not use OneTravel to book flights, regardless of how good of a deal it may appear. The booking process actually went smooth and gave us the correct flight dates that I submitted. The first issue was that OneTravel has a feature that allows you to reserve specific seats on a flight. It shows a seating chart grid and you can select a seat(s) to reserve. I was still debating on if I wanted to reserve seats and clicked on four total seats (for two different legs) and figured I would see how much it costs and decide from there. Well, there was no "Checkout" or "Review Order" page. It automatically charged me using my PayPal information the site had conveniently saved. That was shady to say the least. It was an extra $115, but I decided to let it go.

And then it seemed every few weeks prior to our trip I would get an email from OneTravel saying the flight times had changed, and that I pretty much had to accept these changes or I would lose these tickets and not get a refund. The real stress occurred when we arrived at Prague airport to begin our flight path back home. The airport had no record of our flight reservations for the first leg, only for the second and third legs of our path home. It made no sense how the airport only received part of the three-flight reservation from OneTravel. I desperately showed the staff member an email with our reservation and ticket numbers via OneTravel to no avail, and then could not get in touch with OneTravel on the phone.

The Prague airport staff saved the day and worked us into that first flight after everyone else had received boarding tickets, and we were able to make the rest of our connections. But sitting in a foreign airport with no flight reservation and no sense of what was going on was extremely stressful. When I tried to contact OneTravel after the fact, I repeatedly brought this up to multiple OneTravel agents who either dodged my questions or refused to acknowledge what I was trying to convey. To add to the insult, none of the flights had the seat reservations that I paid $115 for through OneTravel. I think OneTravel knew they screwed up because before I even asked they gave me a "partial refund" for less than a fourth of the $115.

I continually asked how I could only get a partial refund when they did not provide any of the seat reservation service and if not for the kind people at Prague airport we would have been stranded in a foreign country with no way to get home other than completely re-booking a new flight. OneTravel seems to be okay when everything goes to plan. But based on my experiences and what I am reading, you are screwed if anything needs to be changed or if a mistake occurs that needs to be corrected. They use customer service agents who seem to have no communication pathway to upper management and speak poor English, and I'm sure they do that on purpose to generate a buffer between them and the massive amounts of complaints. Even if the flights are super cheap, please don't get cute. Book through the airline directly, or a reputable site such as Expedia or Travelocity.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

Just booked a flight with this company and the system somehow mixed up our dates. I immediately called them and they had me on hold for nearly 2 hours. They wanted to charge $50 a ticket to cancel our order or $400 to get our original dates back!! Complete scam artists!! AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I couldnt have been more disappointed than my flight with you and I will never use your services in the future. My flight to Dublin went well but my return flight you let me down. After winning the world karate championships in Ireland. I flew from Dublin to Toronto. Once I arrived in Toronto I found out that I was flying out from Hamilton not Toronto and at my own expense to get to Hamilton with my luggage. Only to fly to Montreal. I had to pay extra to fly out of Toronto to Montreal. If you call that a great deal. I call it a scam.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I purchased a ticket to go to my home country DOMINICA for Christmas to surprise my mom on 9/13/2017 through OneTravel. Literally 5 days later Dominica was directly hit by Maria a CAT 5 hurricane and was completely destroyed. My mom lost her roof and then her entire house during the storm. Dominica was left 90% damaged with not a leaf left on a tree, and 95% of roofs gone. Since then I have sent for my mom to come up to Florida and live with me since she is now HOMELESS. I do not intend to spend Christmas home anymore since I NOW HAVE NO HOME IN DOMINICA. I reached out to OneTravel to explain this situation to see how they could assist and their response was that my ticket was NON REFUNDABLE and they don't care or acknowledge natural disasters! They didn't offer me a credit, they didn't apologize, they expressed no sympathy for what my family and I are going through.

I asked to speak with a manager and I was hung up on. Also the ticket I purchased through them also takes me through San Juan who was ALSO DIRECTLY HIT by the hurricane and in the process of rebuilding and recovering. I then decided to call my bank and asked if I was able to charge back this purchase due to the circumstances and they were willing to assist. YESTERDAY I received a VERY NASTY call from a claim specialist from ONE TRAVEL. I explained the situation almost in tears as this is truly a devastating experience for my family and I. And without even apologizing she begins to tell me how I am going to lose this chargeback because they see no proof or evidence and this purchase is non-refundable. I pleaded with her, told her I have no home to go to, she's not even giving me a second option. She's just flat out telling me I have to keep this ticket.

She told me that One Travel has done all they can to help the victims of Hurricane Irma (which BTW I also experienced because I live in Miami, FL). I quickly corrected her and said my ticket is from San Juan to Dominica BOTH places affected by Hurricane Maria and I found it extremely insensitive and rude what she was saying to me. In cases like that a company needs to have certain procedures in place to help those who have lost everything and don't even get me started on customer service. She got me so angry yesterday I had to leave work early shaking and crying.

I have never experienced a hurricane like this and I have also never been treated like this in my life. Something has to be done about the fact that these companies are so money hungry that they will deal with people this way in a time of need like this. And what airline company DOES NOT ACKNOWLEDGE NATURAL DISASTERS... smh. Shame on you! I will NEVER be using your services again!!!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I put my airline name and put in what I wanted, price seemed good so clicked and then realized US dollars. Thought "oh no", I live 5 miles from my airline in Canada. Why would I pay US funds? Immediately called my bank to cancel before it went through my acct. They suggested changing my card #, which I did. Didn't think anymore about it. I later had my card put online and noticed the amount in US funds. Never having rec'd an itinerary, couldn't figure out who to call.

Called my airline who asked several questions, got permission to tell me who I was dealing with. It was OneTravel. Called them, was sent to 3 different departments, the last one in Ukraine. Personnel were very polite. One gentleman gave me my itinerary. Will was needed. Was told the appropriate dept would contact me next week. Called my bank with info. They said wait until end of week and if no call they would investigate. No call! Investigation came back with no results in my favor.

Tried to change dates with OneTravel, but they wanted to charge over $300. US. They hadn't put our names in properly and wanted to charge $150. US for that. Finally we called our airline, who weren't worried about the names. We decided we had to take the trip or lose our money. They basically charged us for nothing. Could have saved $600 US by calling my airline. You can't cancel your flight with OneTravel, and get charged for any change, yours or theirs. SCAMMERS. Someone getting rich doing nothing for you. Call the airline yourself!

Onetravel.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

OneTravel is a Pennsylvania-based travel website that was started in the mid-1990s.

• Newsletter: OneTravel uses a daily newsletter to keep its members updated on the latest deals.

• Hotels: Travelers can find discounts at over 84,000 hotels.

• International travel: OneTravel books hotels in and flights to countries all over the world.

• Business class flights: Travelers can specify that they want business class flights so they can focus on options that match their needs.

• Rewards: OneTravel members earn points that they can use to lower the prices of flights, hotel rooms and rental cars.

• Best for: International and budget travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs