1.3/5 (1034 ratings)

About OneTravel

OneTravel is a travel website that offers booking services for flights, hotels, cars and vacation packages to destinations throughout the U.S. and across the globe. OneTravel offers discounts at over 84,000 hotels worldwide and compares flights from more than 600 airlines. OneTravel members earn reward points for each dollar members spend on the site, which they can use to get cheaper prices on future flights or hotel stays.

Pros

• Last-minute deals
  • Low prices
  • Multiple ways to search
  • Price match guarantee

Cons

• Booking fees
  • No refunds

Bottom Line

OneTravel lets travelers search for accommodations by destination, flight type and flight price. The company offers last-minute deals and discount codes. It charges booking and cancellation fees.

Top OneTravel Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Onetravel.com?

Verified

I booked my family vacation flights through OneTravel… it all went great. When I booked the flights the customer service reps were very helpful and went over all information sever...

Verified

I had technical issues using the website so I called their 800 number to book my flights both times… Both times I worked with incredibly friendly and professional agents who helpe...

What is OneTravel?

When you use OneTravel, you can search for travel accommodations by destination and flight, simplifying the search process and letting you quickly and easily find the best options for your trip. You can also search by travel theme, flight type and flight price.

OneTravel also lets you book hotels, rental cars and vacation packages. The company offers last-minute deals on hotels and discount codes to save money on flights and vacation packages. You earn reward points for each dollar spent on the site, and you earn double points when you book using the app.

If you find a lower rate on OneTravel or another U.S.-based travel site within four hours of booking, OneTravel will credit or refund you the difference. After four hours (but no later than 24 hours), you get a $50 coupon for future bookings if you find a lower price.

OneTravel ticket fees

OneTravel may charge a service fee when you book with them. Fees are charged on a per-passenger, per-ticket basis and are usually nonrefundable. OneTravel charges the following fees:

• Plane tickets: Up to $35
  • Hotel bookings: Up to $32 a night per room
  • Rental car reservations: Up to $25 per rental

OneTravel also charges fees for flight cancellations and exchanges. See the tables below.

OneTravel cancellation fees

International$250$200
Business/first class (domestic)$250$200
Business/first class (international)$250$250

OneTravel FAQ

Is OneTravel safe to book with?
Yes. OneTravel has a fraud prevention team. If you have any unauthorized charges on your credit card after booking with OneTravel, you pay nothing.
Does OneTravel do returns?
Most flights, hotels, vacation packages, prepaid car rentals and service fees are nonrefundable after 24 hours of booking. Flights are nonrefundable and nontransferable. Name changes are not permitted. You can cancel your ticket within 24 hours for a fee. You might be able to exchange your ticket for a different date.
Where does OneTravel have flights to?
OneTravel has flights to domestic destinations in the United States and international destinations across the country.

Is OneTravel legit?

OneTravel is a legitimate option for anyone looking for travel deals. You can book flights, hotels, car rentals and vacation packages through the site and manage your entire trip on the platform. Travelers looking for cheap flights and last-minute deals benefit from using OneTravel, but keep in mind that most bookings are nonrefundable. The company charges booking fees as well as cancellation and exchange fees.

OneTravel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneTravel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Onetravel.com?

Original review: April 25, 2022

I booked long distance flights with Onetravrlel, received confirmation mail with big green v + another receipt mail, got to the airport just to find out that I'm not in the airline system at all. 5 attempts to chat to agents on their online chat app (all disconnected at some point and you get a new agent starting All over again) just to be told that the reservation is pending cause payment didn't come through.

No explanation why no email was sent to say so (booked about a week beforehand). No explanation why their mails stated confirmation + receipt. I didn't get on that flights. Got stuck in Lima Peru, book an unnecessary hotel in lima, missed hotel booking at my final destination, missed planned meetings. All I've heard from the agent was I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Unprofessional is understatement! Never again.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: April 26, 2022

The Resolution: It turns out it was Emirates that had lied to me, undertrained staff or a backwards system. OneTravel/CheapoAir and myself made a threeway call to Emirates where they admitted and revealed that it was THEIR fault for the confusion. It was their system which sent the emails to OneTravel/CheapoAir.

Emirates I found to be rather unapologetic and unhelpful, while OneTravel would apologise multiple times on their behave and spent hours in total on the phone to Emirates to try and work out a resolution. So I would like to change my rating and say that OneTravel/CheapoAir were actually a great company at the end of the day for standing by me and fighting for my refund.

I especially received great service from Edith. So please, go through OneTravel/CheapoAIr. I guarantee you will not find many travel agents that will literally fight for your money and give you a good deal.

In the meantime, I feel it only necessary to direct my ire to Emirates in another review and strongly recommend against flying with them, especially seeing as they are such a rich, worldwide corporation that has more ability and resources to provide better service than the pathetic and stressful service I received. Again, much love and thank you to OneTravel/CheapoAir for their swift resolution.

Original review: April 22, 2022

Booked a flight in February 2020 from Sydney to Thailand to depart in April of that year. Forced cancellation due to pandemic. OneTravel constantly assured me I could use my cancelled ticket as credit. They even emailed me a month ago stating it was valid til FEBRUARY 2023. However I have tried to book a flight through them using said credit and now they are lying to me and saying the airline will not let me. Then how come I was told they would 6 months ago when I called to check? How come I was sent an e-mail earlier this month telling me I had credit, and valid for another 10 months? Liars. Thieves. THIS COMPANY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY! STAY AWAY! I am going to be on every major social media platform spreading this story until I receive my refund or credit.

Original review: April 1, 2022

The 1 star reviews are accurate, terrible trip booking organization. I got double charged, went through many tunnels of customer support and wasted many hours of my life. Use Expedia or Travelocity, they are gonna be cheaper anyways and won't up charge you or put random charges on your card for no reason. They said the charge would be fixed but they have not yet. DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICE PLEASE.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

The worst agency in Miami. I traveled to Punta Cana and paid for the beachfront, I found that my room looked at the bottom of the dump, when I called Alina from there, nothing was solved. The return trip was with World Atlantic, the worst airline in the world, the plane was 50 years old and was destroyed, the flight left 10 hours late and when we got on the plane, we were without air for 40 minutes until the plane began to move.

Dear Mr. Bernardo:
    We would like to look into your concerns but need some additional information. Can you please supply the 8 digit booking number

you were given at the time of purchase. Thank you

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

I booked tickets to Europe for my son and I before the pandemic. One Travel/CheapOAir put me through over 50 hrs. of ** Waiting on hold. Blaming the airline. They refused to give me a credit or return my money for over two years! Lawyers! Please help!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I would give negative stars if I could. After I booked and paid for my flight, I was informed the flight was full. Long story (2 hours on the phone with them) they did not refund my money. I called my bank right away and had my debit card cancelled (should not have used my debit card). Horrible people. Shame on them.

OneTravel response

Please supply the 8 digit booking number so we can look into your concerns.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

Possibly the most infuriating experience of my life. Due to new travel restrictions due to Covid, I had to rebook my flight. Tried to get someone on the chat or the phone for almost 4 hours with no avail. Once I was finally connected, our customer service agent took at an average 30 minutes to answer one question at a time (probably watching a movie while talking to me). Once we got to the important part of the conversation, she gave me less than 10 seconds to respond to her and she ended our chat! 4 hours on hold, 2 hours to get 2 questions asked and got hung up on. I suggest if you booked with a credit card, try to get a refund through them. Probably your best bet. And please, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!

OneTravel response

Please supply the 8 digit booking number given at the time of purchase so we can review your concerns.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

Worst company to deal with and buy tickets from. I even purchased the travel protection with my ticket and it clearly states under their FAQ's regarding their refund policy but they refused to refund.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

I would give the company no stars if possible. My friend and I had round-trip tickets to the UK, leaving New York/Kennedy on 5/21/20 and returning 6/3/20 with British Airways. I bought the tickets with a debit card in December 2019. Our flights were cancelled due to the Covid 19 virus. I requested a refund from British Airways, which was denied. I then requested a travel voucher. I was advised by British Airways that I had to deal directly with OneTravel. I was issued a travel voucher by OneTravel to be used by 4/30/22 for the cost of the tickets which could only be used on British Airways.

Today I called OneTravel to book a trip to the UK on British Airways. The tickets as listed on their website were more expensive. I was willing to pay the difference but, then, I was advised I was required to pay a "rebooking fee" of $100.00 per person. How can they charge a "rebooking fee" when the flights I bought tickets for were cancelled. Is this legal? I don't see it as ethical considering the flights were cancelled and both countries on lockdown during May and June of 2020.

OneTravel response

Those are the airline rules. The money you have as a future credit was paid to BA no other airline will take other airlines credit/vouchers as it is not considered payment to them. Any fare difference that may have been collected is also the airline rules.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

I booked a ticket from One Travel. For some reason airline kept changing schedule. It been rescheduled for like more 5 times. Every time they reschedule the flight the seats I paid extra for disappears so have to call onetravel again and again to rebook and waiting time on hold is ridiculous it never ends and CR are very unprofessional and rude. 1 one them just hanged up call on my face while I was talking I am regretting why I booked a ticket from cheap website totally garbage.

OneTravel Company Information