OneTravel

Compare Travel Sites

Research top Travel Sites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Used OneTravel to book a flight on Friday to fly from Orlando to Hamilton Ontario the next weekend. Waited to the next day and no e-ticket had being emailed. Called Sat and was told the flight had been cancelled my bank credit card had refused payment. Then he told me I could rebook under same booking but would have to pay an extra $50 (the flights had gone up). Told him how upset I was he brought the price down a bit. He also said that he would transfer me to customer service so they could authenticate my credit card while I was on the phone. So I went for it. He transferred me. The agent did his thing then told me the charge went through and I would be emailed e-ticket in about 1 hour. 3 hours later no e-ticket so I called back in they told me it would take 6 hours.

There were other calls that I also made to this company that were transferred to nowhere. One transfer I was asked for a password and pin every agent seems to have a different story to tell. Also it was strange that when I talked to customer service to authenticate my charge card I asked if he wanted the info again he told me he already had it. I think it was a scam to get more money out of me. There was no reason the first time the charge couldn't have gone through. All said and done I called my credit card company to see if the charge had went through and it hadn't so I told my bank my card was lost so OneTravel could not charge my card and I went with Kayak. Had my ticket in 10 minutes. Please don't give yourself the aggravation using this company. Go with someone else. It's not worth the hassle when you're going on vacation.

Horrible! Do not use this company! Surprised they are in business. They should be investigated! I booked airline tickets through them and I thought they were trying to help me by assigning me seats on Spirit Airlines, but when Spirit said the seat assignment didn't go through, Spirit did it for me. Guess what? One Travel billed me anyway and REFUSED to issue me a refund! So I got billed twice! One Travel's customer service is horrible. Many can't even speak clear English and did very little to fix my situation! Never again! DO NOT USE!

After my spouse received a letter with the bait of 2 planes tickets to anywhere USA, and two nights in any Marriott hotel... I called. They are selling nothing? Wrong: they wish to sign you up for a discount travel club, otherwise known as a timeshare perhaps? On the phone they say I only need to be married, and make over 50 K per year... which I do. THEN they have other questions to ask... (so I am already lied to). I ask if there will be a sales pitch... they say only a 90 minute presentation to compare their costs as a travel agency to the costs of other travel agencies. I ask what travel agency, and am told "itravel".

Later I look up itravel and yes, they have a site... no phone number, and when I try to send them an email via their contact page: "Cannot find valid hostname for mail session" come back to me. Doing a search on Travel expo I get: ** so read that. It appears to be the same folks, using diff names. The so called value of "$1,288.00" is the commonality that is indisputable. This is an apparent scam... and they have bad reviews under a diff name.

I went online to book my ticket thru OneTravel. I specifically asked for DCA airport (Washington-Reagan) airport. It gives me the different airline prices and times. I select the one that suits my travel time with a stopover in Charlotte, NC. The site takes my credit card information and states that I will get a confirmation from American Airlines for the ticket I just booked. I never received a confirmation email from American Airlines. I receive my travel itinerary two days prior to my travel and check the details. It tells me for baggage that I can check 1 bag "free" and have a "free" carry on.

When I get to the counter American Airlines says my one bag will be $25 dollars. Then they book my connecting flight in Charlotte, NC 30 minutes apart from the time we landed, except for our flight got held up at the gate so we had to wait and depart by steps and then walk to get inside the terminal and my gate was completely on the opposite end. When I arrived at the gate stated on the ticket, the gate was changed and by the time I arrived at the other concourse they had boarded and close the door. With Delta, I get the notifications via text and email IMMEDIATELY. OneTravel also charged my card an additional $24 for I guess using their site. I will never use OneTravel again, I'm running back to Delta and will gladly pay the ticket price. American Airlines was not great on service anyway!

I booked an airline reservation through OneTravel and the price quoted was $609.74. When I checked my account I was Charged $927 and there were 6 separate charges including the initial ticket fee. When I contacted their "Customer Support" I was given the runaround and they said I chose Premium seats on the airlines. What exactly is a PREMIUM seat on an economy flight? I told them they were refunding the added $300 dollars and was hung up on. I will follow this review with the BBB to get these scam artists closed down.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Onetravel.com?

I had a flight around Christmas. It was canceled by a low cost carrier 6 hrs. before departure. OneTravel did not notify me. I drove 2 hrs. each way to the airport and spent 45 minutes at the airport on shuttles and discussing the problem with the low cost carrier. It was stated that the middle man (OneTravel) should have contacted me. I waited 5 days to see if I would get a refund. I called and was left on hold 30 minutes then disconnected. The CSR had my telephone number but did not call me back. I sent an email complaining about my situation.

This is what OneTravel said in response. "We apologize for the inconvenience that may have been caused to you. We would like to inform you that we have checked our records and found that we have not received any notification from the airlines in regards to cancellation. However, if there is any unavoidable factor such as weather, equipment breakdowns, or crew issues that can interfere the schedule/operation, airlines do not hesitate to delay or cancel a flight rather than compromising the safety of our passengers and crew. We would like to inform you that we have forwarded the refund request to our waivers team to contact the airlines for refund. However, the refund is not guaranteed as the final decision will be taken by the airlines. Please allow us 10-15 working days to receive a reply from the airlines. In regards to payment, if want to the change the mode of refund kindly contact our billing department to change the mode of payment."

Very bad response on insurance. My friend had a death in the family and they told me I have to submit a death certificate to get the money back. It's ridiculous. Customer care person name was Louis. I hung up saying bye and he keeps calling me like three times in one minute leaving the voicemail that he will call in 5 minutes. Very bad experience. I am never coming back to it. I like Travelocity. I am sticking with it from now on. I have traveled multiple times with them. Why did I open this site. They paid my flight and hotel the same day. No hassle. But this site is the pain in the neck. Asking for a death certificate that is just too far.

Do yourself a favor and go straight to the airline/hotel you are booking. The price is the same, except that you are dealing with a company who is nothing but trouble. You'll wait on the phone forever, they will charge you for items when you even refuse them (such as refusing seat assignments for a fee, but they will charge the fee anyway), fees that are double what the airline may charge, and inconvenience of having refunds back. Customer service out of the country and good luck dealing with them if you have any issues to be resolved regarding your trip.

In 2006 I had the same experience in general others who gave one star had. I request a ticket, BWI to Newark, Newark to Paris, and the same airports on return. When my tickets arrived it was: BWI to Newark to Paris, and return was Paris to Newark, THEN JFK TO BWI. I was lied to repeatedly about what they claimed was my mistake and even when I scanned and faxed the emails they refused to change the tickets. I was finally called by a rep from OneTravel who refunded a car rental and insured me the two employees who were perpetual liars had been fired. So here everyone is six years later and I would not be surprised the two employees never left the company.

I don't know where to start about my bad experience with this crook OneTravel. Like many other consumers are asking here why this company is even allowed to exist or continue to do such a fraud business. What they are doing is a scam to honest consumers who are looking for a decent air ticket. And guess what they take advantage out of that.

My experience started when we booked an air ticket online (ONETRAVEL) to Mexico going thru Canada as a transit for couple hours and I called ahead of time if everything was fine and they said "you are good to go and well set for the trip" without mentioning that we needed a transit Visa to Canada. After we went to the airport the airline agent said "these people from ONETRAVEL are crook and their only goal is to sell you to the ticket online in anyway they can, so call them and let them know it is illegal to sell air tickets to passengers who are going to Mexico transiting thru Canada for couple hours without informing them that they need a transit visa."

I did talk to them 3 hours before the flight and they said at that time "sorry and we apologize for the inconvenience and we will either refund it or get you a voucher for your next trip". I have been waiting for three weeks after not answering phone calls and e-mails. I do not know what their shady billing department is ALL ABOUT? I finally got an e-mail saying sorry the airline declined for refund. Anyway, I will dispute the charges with my credit card because I consider this kind of business as a scam and fraud. WHAT A SHAME AND RIP OFF!!! Please stay away from them as much as you can.

I had an emergency, and I called my airline to change my ticket but since I bought it with this stupid agency, they needed to release it and a proof my changes, but they assure you that the airline will not give them permission to do any changes or refunds!!! BUT I DID CALL the AIRLINE FIRST OF ALL and they will!!! change it, adding some fees of course!!! BUT ONETRAVEL Agency is a scam!!! I should it read all the reviews before buying my ticket with them, THEY are awful!!! What a disappointment!!

This is the worse travel agency ever. I would not have my friends or family use this place at all. They charged us 300.00 more than was supposed to be. We took insurance out on the flight. Said we have to call the insurance people then we have to have medical papers before we can get our money back. This place is a RIP OFF!!! DO NOT USE THIS AGENCY...

I believe OneTravel to be a scam business. The re-booking service they offer is useless, for all intents and purposes. The alternative flights they offered me had unrealistic layovers (of 21 hours in one case), crazy connections, and timeframe limitations, making re-booking all but impossible. I ended up losing the full cost of my original flight. I will not use OneTravel again.

I made a flight booking through One Travel, and received a booking confirmation, with booking reservation number. When I arrived in transit at the Bogota airport, I was told at the check in counter that I was not on this flight. Obviously very stressed, I was able to get a wifi signal at a restaurant and get in contact with One Travel customer service representatives, who told me that my credit card had not been able to be charged, but it was no problem, I could simply buy a ticket direct from the airline there at the airport! I had not received any email or notification whatsoever that my payment had not been successful, and therefore had no idea that I was not booked onto this flight.

Looking back, the only thing I can see is that the booking confirmation email had 'pending' in the Eticket number box. So I then spend the next 10 hours in the airport attempting to find and book a reasonably priced flight to my destination, which ended up being 50% more expensive than the flight I had originally booked months earlier (at least I believed I had booked it, considering I received an email titled "booking confirmation"). This was the poorest customer service I have received from any kind of travel booking company, leaving me in a vulnerable situation in a foreign country with no flight. I have since contacted them about my experience, and received a cut and paste response with nothing to address my issue.

I was appointed a flight by One Travel from Argentina to Iguazu Falls with Aerolineas Argentinas, when I specifically requested a LATAM flight. After almost not being able to board, due to pilot strikes and my SEAT HAVING BEEN DOUBLE BOOKED, I called One Travel to re-arrange the return ticket to a different time/date so I wouldn't run the risk of missing it. I called them and stayed on the line for 1 hour, called back whilst they were trying to rebook at a cost and still got nowhere.

I then had to purchase a SECOND ticket, and requested numerous times for my original flight to be refunded (this has been ongoing since early September). Today, after my 4rd request, I got told that "we would like to inform you that please get in touch with the airlines". This is the most absurd service I have ever been in contact with. Do NOT book anything through them, they will scam every living cent out of you and then pretend like they have nothing to do with it!!!!

This company is the most ludicrous travel company I ever came across. They base your trip on when convenient for them and I've asked for a refund on several occasions and have yet to receive my money back. Their business matters are controlled outside of the United States and still have yet to speak to a manager that is going to give me my refund. Don't ever trust this company. They are thieves.

WHILE booking my airline tickets to travel from CARTAGENA to BOGOTA, in Colombia, I received an email from a website to compare fares. ONETRAVEL had a 30 dollars less so I went with them. I booked my flight, which offered 4 hours cancellation at no cost, and other advantages I thought. As soon I purchased the ticket I received an email asking if I wanted my original dates. The price was around $400.00 Dollars instead of the $73.00 Dollars.

When I checked my ticket, the DATES WERE CHANGED. I could call since I don't have access to Call USA from Colombia so I chatted with representative that told me the only option was to purchase ticket at $400 dollars. I THEN TRIED TO cancel and find out they charge you a fee for cancellation and it takes up to 21 days to refund the MONEY... I spent about 4 hours in the ORDEAL, WITH THE MOST TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE... To me clearly THIS IS SCAM... Stay away from OneTravel scam.

Three days of phone calls for a simple online airline ticket purchase. "Fraud prevention" verifications. Three days of "Your confirmation will be in your inbox in 30 minutes." On the third day they say the price has gone up 75 percent, can't guarantee the price quoted on the first day.

Purchased two one way tickets to Chicago. OneTravel offered a price of $108 dollars for both. Paid with credit card on 10/20/2016. On November 9th my credit card was charged an ADDITIONAL $138.00. I was on the telephone for almost 2 hours protesting additional charge to NO AVAIL. OneTravel said I selected PREMIUM ECONOMY SEATS. Whoever heard of "premium economy".

I booked my flight in CAD and was charged in USD. The price shown was CAD 840.56. When I received the booking confirmation, the numbers on the invoice were completely different. No matter how you added or subtracted them it didn't come out as 840.56. (Even the supervisor of OneTravel couldn't come up with that number. Instead he told me I had seen the wrong website...)

Made many phone calls. As one of the employees did find the screen shot of my starting point showing prices in CAD she suggested I talk to the supervisor. He was no help. When I asked him how much would it cost me to cancel the ticket, at first he said I couldn't and later on he said he could charge me $300. I would not recommend booking any tickets with this company.

I didn't even know this company existed but, I was looking for tickets from San Juan to Leticia, Colombia and I got an excellent offer from this company. I called my older brother and he proceeded to buy his ticket and I bought mine and my husband's. We wanted to be with our baby sister (24 years younger than me) because, she is having her 1st baby in the Amazon and our parents are too old to travel over there. I paid with my Sears Master Card and I was so happy. That was on a Friday.

Monday morning when I arrive at my job I find a email from OneTravel saying the canceled my flight. The reason: they tried to contact me to confirm my credit card but I could not answer my phone at that time so they canceled. They COULD NOT wait and call me again or wait for my response to their email. When I explained they told me they will book me again but they DID NOT WANT TO HONOR THE PRICE that I bought it the first time. From a total of LESS than $700 round trip for me and my husband, now they want to charge me DOUBLE... $1,400 round trip for both of us on EXACTLY the same flight.

I feel sorry for my brother because NOW he has to travel ALONE. I definitely DO NOT RECOMMEND OneTravel to anybody!!! I work on an International School with almost 1,000 students and all my co-workers were happy for me, now they are mad and telling me that is not fair. These are agencies that just care about making money!!! They are NOT COMPASSIONATE at all. They don't even deserve one star, THEY DESERVE 1/4 Star but I don't have the option. I am EXTREMELY DISSATISFIED. Will NEVER buy from OneTravel again.

I was booking for my mother ticket and noticed that the first name was wrong. Before sending it I quickly changed it right away to correct her first name and somehow I get two tickets for the same person, and charged twice in my bank (with the right name and the wrong name), so I phone OneTravel right away after seeing the charges and unfortunately they can't do anything at all! Very bad experience. I wouldn't recommend them at all! I am booking travels online many times and I never experience something like this! They don't know how to listen to the customers.

I booked return ticket from ONETRAVEL. I put in Canadian money for searching 2 tickets from Tokyo to Hanoi and back. It was $ 1231.07 CAD on my confirmation booking. I booked and they sent me confirmation total charge in my credit card will be $1231.07 to my email. But I check my credit card bill and they charged me for $1265.20. I called customer service and they told me that they charge by $ US and she told me to call my bank. I ASKED her "why you guy bill me of $1231.07 CAD and now is $1265.20 CAD". She said because THEY bill ME in US dollars. When I bought tickets in your website with CAD$ now you to told me that you charge me in $US convert to CAD$. WHAT IS THE POINT. Beware when you book with them. If your website is only $ US and I will not say a word. This is my first time with ONETRAVEL and I have very bad experience and I have never had with any other booking agent. Only with ONETRAVEL.

The ultimate BAIT AND SWITCH SCAM. They pay for advertising that entices google airline searches to their counterfeit site, then switch dates of selected travel to the unsuspecting traveler, and when the bad transaction goes through, demand a $99 INSTANT rebooking fee! RUN AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!

Worst online ticket purchase EVER: Advise to my friends... Never buy tickets or services from this company. I bought a ticket from OneTravel, but then had a problem and was always receiving emails from CheapOair https://www.facebook.com/cheapoair/, https://www.onetravel.com. The thing is they had a problem with my payment method (credit card that works for everything except their site) and sent me an email about that asking to get in contact either by email or telephone. Because I was traveling I sent them an email about this including other phones where they could contact me... After my email I received a ticket asking not to purchase other flights because my tickets MIGHT have been issued and they were not going to reimburse the money. Ok, I was fine with that since I had no reply to my email from them about payment problems.

After that, 2 days before the trip, I received an email from them saying that the ticket was CANCELED AT MY REQUEST!!! I called to let them know that I contacted them by email with no reply and they offered a ticket. Some 320 dollars more expensive or similar prices for OTHER DATES... I had to buy similar flights in another website at 300 dollars more than the original reservation and sent them an email complaining and asking them to take responsibility of this since they asked me to get in contact by email or phone (as stated in their email), I did do so by email and THEY NEVER ANSWERED...

I had two supervisors getting in contact by email and phone telling me they were going to review the situation until one day. They stopped answering emails and it is impossible to contact those supervisors by phone. If I try their phone number, I get CS agents that know nothing about this. So, as much as I buy a lot of air tickets, reserve hotels, etc... Will stay away from ONETRAVEL and CHEAPOAIR and will do as much as possible so others do not have this terrible experience. They do not even mind giving you and answer on this claim... #worstservice #Cheapoair #Onetravel

We purchase 7 tickets from and we ask for ANA airline. But they connect our flights with United Airline that we did not ask them. Also we request we need a flight that we can carry two luggage because we are going back home after 11 years. It's hard to carry one luggage with kids. Now we are paying extra for extra luggage. We did talk to them and they said "we will check the recording & we will call you back." And they gave us the day they will call us. No one called and then we called back and they repeat the audio the they we were asking price & everything. We will never buy a ticket from this site. That's why people check the reviews before they buy ticket - that thing I did not do before. Very, very bad experience.

I bought 3 tickets on this websites and then changed my mind to cancel them. I called to them and had very terrible service. The servicer has very poor english. It was hard to communicate with him. And, most unacceptable is!!! My tickets were still there and after calling back lots of times and waiting tons of hours for getting response. It said that the tickets were non-refunded because it was over 4 hours. That was total the problem of the customer service. I did give the authorization and told him to cancel them clearly. They told me the phone was not effective in the end?

I had a very bad experience with booking my hotel with OneTravel. I went out to Indianapolis for my wedding not knowing they put me in a hotel where there was like 10 people smoking. It seems like they were gang bangers and prostitutes. There was 3 cars with broken windows. I had $3,000 dollar wedding rings and $1,000 cash and paper work. The hotel was trashed. So I look at the reviews and they were the worst. So I called back just to get another room. They said they have to cancel and refund my money in 14 days. Plus they have to re-book and pay again after they took $280 dollars. So now I have to wait for refund and pay another $300. I've called and called and talked to 10 people of all departments and they give me runarounds. My experience...do not travel with OneTravel or CheapAir. It's the same company out of New York. It's been 16 days and still no refund yet so I am going direct to corporate.

My husband spent HOURS on the phone with OneTravel working out details of our European flights. We finally came up with Virgin Atlantic tickets - though we had to make a stop that we wanted to avoid along the way. We were thrilled to fly Virgin Atlantic. Many of the airlines offer poor service and aren't accommodating to our child with special needs. Virgin has been one of the few exceptions. After booking the flights, we called Virgin to make arrangements for travel with our special needs traveler. Much to our horror, we discovered that the flights sold to us are Virgin Atlantic "operating" as Delta which is code for we are really flying Delta. What??? How does that happen? To sell a ticket on a flight masquerading as another airline entirely? 3 of our 4 flights are apparently set up this way. We are trying to follow up with this questionable practice.

DO NOT do business with this company!! We booked internal flights in Africa through them. When traveling from Rwanda to Kenya we were told our tickets were invalid because the two airlines were not partners. We called their "lack of customer service" and were treated like crap. We were told to take our issue up with the airline. The "service" agent refused to give us his name or let us speak to a supervisor and hung up. As a result we missed our connections and had to spend $12,000 o get home!!! We filed a complaint and 4 months later were told to take it up with the airline. The WORST and most expensive experience in traveling ever.

Compare Travel Sites