OneTravel

Booked a ticket through their online site. Everything went smooth enough until it came time that I had to change the ticket. They charge $300 for any change and WAY MORE THAN the cost of the ticket pricing they have online for the new flight. Ticket online price was $858 and they wanted to say it was $1500 for the new ticket PLUS the $300 fee.

DO NOT USE this agency. This was the most convoluted, ridiculous process ever. We paid $1200 for flights we saw later for $900. We started out reserving tickets for $800, but by the time we entered all the necessary information, we were told those flights were no longer available. So we started over. 2 hours later, we finally booked the flights we wanted, for inflated prices and we were exhausted. Talk about bait and switch! This was a $300 learning experience and I hope our experience will warn someone before they make the same mistake. These people ought to be investigated for fraud!

I recently had to travel from Paris, France to Ajaccio by Air Corsica. I had purchased my ticket via OneTravel. After identifying an error with the time of my flight, I called OneTravel to have it changed. For the record I paid $214 USD for this ticket ($50.00 of which was agency fees)! At this point, they told me that changing my ticket would cost over $463 USD, therefore I purchased another ticket with Air Corsica directly at $390 (370 Euros). Air Corsica informed me that I did not need to cancel the unused reservation booked via One Travel and advised me that I would get reimbursed for my original ticket by OneTravel.

Upon my return home to New York City, I called OneTravel and they gave me the run around plus lied about not being able to give me a refund or a credit because I did not previously cancel my ticket. This is false. Air Corsica said that with the type of ticket I purchased, that the fee to change the ticket should have been $70 Euros and not $463 USD. I will never use this corrupted agency again. Please beware.

I used the website to book flights (multi-city) and while having difficulty, I was interrupted by a phone call from OneTravel. A very polite service agent helped me through purchase and strangely I never hit a Purchase button when I received email that I had a confirmed flight. I did note that the Terms and Conditions state that cancellation is possible within 24 hours but when 4 hours later, I went to cancel, I was told there is a 50.00 fee. This was not clear or even stated within the section on cancellation. One must look under fees separately to find that detail. More and more, I realize that these companies are not worth dealing with, and I am trying the airline websites. If I have to pay a few dollars more to cut companies like OneTravel out of the mix, I will do that. In this case, Alaska would have saved me $100.00 on my flight.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

NEVER BOOK WITH ONETRAVEL. This is fraud. I booked my flight with OneTravel and chose the 11 to 17 of July, it was cheap flight "they said". When I paid for the ticket with my credit card it was the right day, I verified like 5 times to be sure. When I received the confirmation and notice that it was on 14 to 19 of July, I called them to change it. I talk to 5 different people and nobody understand what I was saying. When I finally talk to the manager he said me that I didn't notice in 24h so they cannot do anything for me. They said I have to pay 635$ US to make the change. But at first it was 200$ for change... they also charged me for seat, they charged me and extra 14$, 2 times. And they never said me why I have to pay this. They charge me in US not in Canadian dollars and it was never write the good price on the website. They change dates of my flight.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Onetravel.com?

I used OneTravel.com to book a flight for a friend last year, and they have taken my information and are now booking their own fake flights, over $1000 a pop using my credit card information. Already reported to the FTC, now on to the IC3, FBI, and USAA. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

I made the unfortunate mistake of not checking out this complete scam of a travel service before going down the dark hole of deception that they are. As with another reviewer, I made the reservation for a specific date online, and got a very favorable price so I went ahead and transacted the purchase, only to find out after receiving my confirmation via email that it was for the wrong date. They claim it was what I did online, but I know it was not, and it was actually reading about this tactic they use on another review that I actually noticed it.

When I called, they said I made the mistake but they could reschedule it and found another flight for another $55 which still seemed reasonable so I said, "Fine, do it." After he had done the change he tells me that unfortunately because it is a discounted rate I cannot check a bag, which is insane! My guess is that I would probably have been able to check a bag anyway since there is no such thing, but I decided all this scam was already too much so I canceled the flight for $50 an hour after I made it. These guys are out of control and the authorities should really look into this, but in the meantime, this is the small part I can contribute.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I booked a flight with them on April 9th. They changed the dates on me! I cannot and will not use those dates, and they are not the dates I originally booked. When I called them, they told me there cannot be any changes and they will not refund my money -- that's how I got the so-called "Cheap Flight". Guess what, I booked directly with Swiss (same airline) and got an even better price at the time and dates I needed. I lost a LOT of money with OneTravel. DON'T EVER BOOK WITH THEM!

I have never taken the time to express my feelings toward a company, Until now. I see how important it is now to check the reviews of companies before you inquire their services. I purchased airline tickets with OneTravel.com, and was scammed to over pay $400 on my airline tickets. When I wanted to cancel they said I would lose the whole amount of the airline tickets, that the tickets had to be canceled within 24 hours even after buying them two months in advance. I really work hard for my money, pay taxes, pay my bills, and pay my way to be a outstanding citizen, for this ** company to get my money and not even give me a kiss. Please stop, don't buy tickets from this company.

Normally, I never write a review. But here the company it's really exaggerate!! I am really frustrated!! They don't even worth for 1 star. If there a negative on the star I'd give it. Everything you saw on the pub it's not true!! There a hiding FEE somewhere!! Be careful when you cancel your flight within 24h, there are fee!! They shouldn't mention it on the page "Cancellation 24h" could be confusing. Cancel in 24hour or not they will charge you something. The difference is they will charge you the small amount within 24hours. I think it 70$/person and before 6 pm (Canada time). And there's a fee for Travel.com 14$ too for agent service that pop out of nowhere in my credit card. Also be careful on USD dollars and CAN dollars!!.It's really a SCAM!! Anyways, I am so shame for the company when I see so many people give 1 star on the review and I am not the only one!!

This company claims to be the same as CheapOair and as soon as you try to book flights that are no longer available on CheapOair website they call you and represent that they are following up as CheapOair and will assist you to get the flights you want at a good price. They then go through the process with you asking many questions and then ask for payment details on the phone. Turns out they are not CheapOair and are a company calling from India and not to be trusted with cc info nor with validity of the tickets they provide you a link to get online. Sounds like a scam to me. Be careful!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The price advertise did not include all the additional fees and taxes that brought the price up by $150 making my cheap flight not so cheap. I had to keep calling back to get my seat assigned and wheelchair assistance. When my flight got canceled, OneTravel did not want to issue me a refund. Two hours later, billing granted me the refund.

This was the most painful and horrible experience I have had with a company. The person I was talking to talked to me like I was a three year old. The cancellation process is painful and everyone I spoke to sounded like they hated their life. They talk about their premium custom service but that is a cruel joke. I wish I found this page before I booked with them. I am contemplating cancelling my credit card because I feel like I might get scammed. This is a shady company and I would never recommend to anyone, I'd rather walk to my destination than use.these guys again. Do yourself a favor and never ever use Onetravel. This company is a disgrace.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I just booked a round trip flight from onetravel.com from PHL to RDU and I was charged $473+. Then I found out that I can book the same flight at the airline (Frontier for a lot $387+). I also found that I can book another flight at Expedia for a lot less ($367+ with Delta). When I called onetravel.com to cancel the booking, I was told I would not get a full refund according to their Low Price Promise. They will not refund their $70 service fee.

I made a big mistake using this company. The ticket was cheaper and many available on the airlines web site. These liars said there were only 2 tickets left, a lie. And they charged more than the airline. Also gave me no option to add baggage or extras. Their booking not recognized by the airline and I can't add baggage, so will be overcharged for it at the airport. I text chatted to one of their employees who was no help at all. Just told me to call the airline to sort it out. I will never use this company again. I was caught out. I advice to first check the airlines web sites as I usually do. If you use a company try another. Do not use this one.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to share the shocking experience I had with OneTravel. After booking the wrong connecting flight and noticing the mistake, I called in OneTravel support. They surprised me by asking for $25 fees for a change that was made within 10 minutes from the booking. I told them how unclear it was from the site and asked if I can cancel and rebook instead. The response was that I can do that for $75. I shared that I have never had such a request for change or cancellation fees within less than 24 hours from the booking. I was passed to a manager which was even more rude. He told me that I now cannot get the $25 cancellation fee and he is only going to charge me for $75 because I am not gonna be happy anyways. Eventually I was forced to pay the $25 but I will never use this site again due to the rude outsourced customer service that they use and taking advantage of human errors to charge extra. Very disappointed...

We have used OneTravel for years now on our family trips flying once to twice a year. I have had to use the insurance we bought once to change a flight and the only trouble I had was understanding the agent (that gets really irritating- they ought to have people who can speak and understand their customers in the area they are serving). I have their app on my phone and it shows where the gate is that we need to get to prior to the flight, where the plane is and the ETA, and it keeps track of all your trips which is really handy when you have a few upcoming. The tickets have always been there at the kiosk when we get there and there have never been any issues. We've upgraded seats at the last minute, used kiosks and ticket agents without problems.

I made a username on the OneTravel site, and have been accumulating points towards discounts. The only thing with their site I haven't liked is the charging for seats that they do as I have long legs so I end up paying an extra 15$. Even with that, it beats the airline prices as I can't get the same discount going to the airlines direct... I've tried with their pages up right next to OneTravel, so I'll pay 15$ for my leg room and we have flown American Airlines using OneTravel for the last 3 years without anyone problems or issues.

I'm booked online through OneTravel.com and made a reservation. After I made a reservation there is an error since the ticket only one way and it's not back forth. So I called the OneTravel customer support I and told him to cancel my whole reservation and he told I can cancel and get a full refund but there is $150 cancellation fee. I was like, "Really there is fee". He told there is cancellation fee and I said it's not even an hour yet since I booked online and I told him to transfer me to his supervisor or manager.

I was hold for another 10 minutes and even the manager cannot do anything about cancellation fee and I've been explaining to him why there is a cancellation fee since I booked the ticket not even 2 hours. He told, "I can waived the fee to $100 and I need your credit card or debit card information in order to get a payment." This company SCAM. How come they charge people within 24 hours policy. Unethical Company. I'm hoping still to get my refund back since I've still have time till May, 24 at 6:30 pm central time or else I'm gonna dispute my transaction to my PAYPAL CREDIT Card.

They have a "lowest price guarantee" but don't believe it. I found the same itinerary at the airline website (Frontier) for $100 less and called to cancel because they advertise 24 hour cancellation. Don't believe that either. It will cost you $100 even 5 minutes later. I was told to email a screenshot of my cheaper Frontier booking to BPG@onetravel.com. Another lie. No one is there to respond. These people are running a scam. I'm sorry if were also a victim.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with OneTravel was absolutely TERRIBLE to say the least. More than 24 hours prior to my flight I called to get assistance to add middle names to our tickets, the representative on the other end was so incredibly rude and gave me attitude about why I didn't call weeks before to change it. On their policy, it says that they are supposed to be able to help you 24 hours before your flight on anything that you need assistance with. This man then proceeded to tell me that there was no way he could change the names on our tickets and because we didn't have our middle names, it would be impossible for my friends and I to board our plane. He gave me the ONLY option to cancel my flights and to purchase new tickets, so that we could add our middle names. Each ticket was twice as much as what my friends and I had originally paid for. We found this option to be very deceiving and did not choose to go this route.

In my years of flying, I have NEVER not been able to board the plane with a missing middle name. This man kept pushing for me to cancel my flights and was so inappropriate and rude on the phone. After 2 hours of this man's inappropriate behavior on the phone and declining this option, he had the audacity to call me the NEXT DAY (the day of my flight) WITHOUT my permission to try once more to cancel my flights and purchase the more expensive ones. Just to be clear, my friends and I were able to board all our flights WITH NO PROBLEM. My experience with this representative gave me the impression that all they want is to suck out every single penny from you. They could care less about any issues that the customer has. I will NEVER be booking with OneTravel again.

Wow, I read the reviews for OneTravel. To be honest with you they was really the site I ever used to travel because they were the cheapest rates around and on top of that you could use multiple discounts with them which saved me a lot of money. But right now they are price matching and being the other companies but they were the best.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought today a flight ticket on this site. But the offer changed from what I selected to what was eventually sold to me. The itinerary was not immediately available before I confirmed the transaction. It turned out later on that there was a tiny question mark on the screen hiding the information about some undisclosed flight cancellation fee, the mark which I did not even notice. The fee, mentioned at clicking on this tiny mark, was not disclosed. When I discovered that the itinerary differs from my selected one I immediately called to cancel the order, and to my horror I learned that I will be charged... a $50 cancellation fee! I believe that this company is set to catch the people like myself, older and less experienced with surfing online, to take an advantage on them. I am going to check how legal it is to set the "cancellation fee" without disclosing clearly the amount, and not clearly disclosing even such intent.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Booked using online booking. Made a mistake on date. Went back to correct mistake and it had already booked. Asked assistant for OneTravel and was told it is $150.00 to change date; time from noticing mistake to taking to assistant less than 5 min.. Confirmation not even sent yet.

I was able to book a ticket after three days of trying. When I finally did, ended up being a double booking because they fail to send a confirmation email and provide an e-ticket. I called three times, had to wait 50 min each time, and at the end I was charged $50 for canceling the ticket which was issued 30 min after I canceled it. I called credit card to dispute it. Never use OneTravel. I'll go back to Travelocity.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The website gave no info on where my plane was. I showed up to wrong terminal and when I finally got through, I missed my flight by ten minutes and OneTravel charged me fees up to 70 dollars for no show for my flight. I wish I saw the reviews for this website prior booking my flight.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called OneTravel and an agent assisted me with the booking. I received the itinerary and immediately notice the booking was for the wrong date which the agent made the mistake not me. I called back and requested them to change the date and I would have to pay for change fee of $75 per person which I thought it was ridiculous. I refused to pay for the fees and asked to speak to the manager. I was never transfer to the manager and the agent came back and offer me another date. I asked to cancel my reservation completely (within the 1 hr the reservation was made), I was told the tickets were non-refundable and I will not get my money back. I hope and I can dispute the charge with the help of my credit company. OneTravel is an unprofessional and unethical company. This is my 1st time using them and I wish I have seen all the reviews about them before I did my booking. This company is a SCAM. Please research before using them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

They change the dates during flight change, without giving you slightest clue. As soon as you enter the credit card number, they start charging you and thank you for changed dates. NO CONFIRMATION button whatsoever. Then they collect penalty fees to cancel what they tricked you in first place! THIS WEBSITE IS NOTHING SHORT OF FULL BLOWN SCAM!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had to cancel a trip, which was easy. I was sent an email cancellation with the information about using the credit. I was charged $100 for the cancellation and I can only use the credit with Air Canada, which I am fine with. It also states that I will be charged $300 per person to use the credit for rebooking a flight, which seems way too much, but that is not the major issue. I have contacted them multiple times, using multiple methods. I have called and I have also used their online chat. My girlfriend has also contacted them, since we are trying to rebook a flight and we keep getting differences each time we contact them.

We have been told that we need to book by a different date in which my email tells me, and their explanation is that the email has a mistake in it. If I were to make a mistake I would have to honor that mistake, yet they will not. We have also been told a different time that we need to spend a minimum of $1400, not including the $300 per person charge they are going to take from me to rebook. Another time, we were told that the flight has to be outside of the US, which is fine, yet when I try to book it from BWI to Toronto, I am told that it can only be to the country to which the original tickets were for, yet nowhere in my cancellation email does it state that. The only explanation I got for that one is, it is subject to availability. Below, I have copied and pasted my cancellation email that I received:

Also, we did purchase the cancellation insurance, which is a scam. You have to go through more hoops with a completely different company. If you for some reason decide to use OneTravel, do not buy the cancellation insurance, it will not do anything for you, except take money out of your wallet. All I want to do is just use my money that they have to rebook a flight, on the days that fall within the time frame they stated that I can book by (8/19/2017), to a destination outside the US with Air Canada. I just never thought it would be this difficult. I feel that it is made this difficult so you will not use the credit and they will make money from you for free.

This company is crooked and does not care about its customers. Its customer service will give you the runaround until you get so frustrated that you want to give up. Do yourself a favor and use a different company like Orbitz, Priceline, or Hotwire. I have not had any problems with them like I have had with OneTravel.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm a frequent traveler but haven't used Frontier Airlines for years. So when Google "accidentally" sent me to One Travel's webpage (made to look like I was buying directly from Frontier), I didn't notice that I wasn't on the real Frontier website until I had purchased 3 tickets and saw the email came from One Travel, not Frontier. I immediately called to cancel and they are charging me $150 AND I need to wait 14 business days (so 3 weeks) for the $1250 credit to turn up on my credit card - so I'm going to be biting my nails until then. This is a scam company that should not be allowed to operate. I don't know how they sleep at night.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was trying to book the flight ticket through this site. They are having lot of hidden fees, sometimes, it automatically pops the middle name up from some portion of your last name. Once you booked, they are telling you to verify the name (not before pressing confirmation page). Then telling you call their help desk, then they are charging $50 for correcting the name. If you like to cancel the ticket then they ask $75 per person the ticket. Cheaters. Be careful and max avoid this OneTravel.com.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

OneTravel is a Pennsylvania-based travel website that was started in the mid-1990s.

• Newsletter: OneTravel uses a daily newsletter to keep its members updated on the latest deals.
  • Hotels: Travelers can find discounts at over 84,000 hotels.
  • International travel: OneTravel books hotels in and flights to countries all over the world.
  • Business class flights: Travelers can specify that they want business class flights so they can focus on options that match their needs.
  • Rewards: OneTravel members earn points that they can use to lower the prices of flights, hotel rooms and rental cars.
  • Best for International and budget travelers.

OneTravel Company Profile