2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

1.3/5 (1021 ratings)

About OneTravel

OneTravel is a travel website that offers booking services for flights, hotels, cars and vacation packages to destinations throughout the U.S. and across the globe. OneTravel offers discounts at over 84,000 hotels worldwide and compares flights from more than 600 airlines. OneTravel members earn reward points for each dollar members spend on the site, which they can use to get cheaper prices on future flights or hotel stays.

Pros

• Last-minute deals
  • Low prices
  • Multiple ways to search
  • Price match guarantee

Cons

• Booking fees
  • No refunds

Bottom Line

OneTravel lets travelers search for accommodations by destination, flight type and flight price. The company offers last-minute deals and discount codes. It charges booking and cancellation fees.

Top OneTravel Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Onetravel.com?

Verified

I booked my family vacation flights through OneTravel… it all went great. When I booked the flights the customer service reps were very helpful and went over all information sever...

Verified

I had technical issues using the website so I called their 800 number to book my flights both times… Both times I worked with incredibly friendly and professional agents who helpe...

What is OneTravel?

When you use OneTravel, you can search for travel accommodations by destination and flight, simplifying the search process and letting you quickly and easily find the best options for your trip. You can also search by travel theme, flight type and flight price.

OneTravel also lets you book hotels, rental cars and vacation packages. The company offers last-minute deals on hotels and discount codes to save money on flights and vacation packages. You earn reward points for each dollar spent on the site, and you earn double points when you book using the app.

If you find a lower rate on OneTravel or another U.S.-based travel site within four hours of booking, OneTravel will credit or refund you the difference. After four hours (but no later than 24 hours), you get a $50 coupon for future bookings if you find a lower price.

OneTravel ticket fees

OneTravel may charge a service fee when you book with them. Fees are charged on a per-passenger, per-ticket basis and are usually nonrefundable. OneTravel charges the following fees:

• Plane tickets: Up to $35
  • Hotel bookings: Up to $32 a night per room
  • Rental car reservations: Up to $25 per rental

OneTravel also charges fees for flight cancellations and exchanges. See the tables below.

OneTravel cancellation fees

International$250$200
Business/first class (domestic)$250$200
Business/first class (international)$250$250

OneTravel FAQ

Is OneTravel safe to book with?
Yes. OneTravel has a fraud prevention team. If you have any unauthorized charges on your credit card after booking with OneTravel, you pay nothing.
Does OneTravel do returns?
Most flights, hotels, vacation packages, prepaid car rentals and service fees are nonrefundable after 24 hours of booking. Flights are nonrefundable and nontransferable. Name changes are not permitted. You can cancel your ticket within 24 hours for a fee. You might be able to exchange your ticket for a different date.
Where does OneTravel have flights to?
OneTravel has flights to domestic destinations in the United States and international destinations across the country.

Is OneTravel legit?

OneTravel is a legitimate option for anyone looking for travel deals. You can book flights, hotels, car rentals and vacation packages through the site and manage your entire trip on the platform. Travelers looking for cheap flights and last-minute deals benefit from using OneTravel, but keep in mind that most bookings are nonrefundable. The company charges booking fees as well as cancellation and exchange fees.

OneTravel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneTravel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Onetravel.com?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

The attention given was very courteous and attentive. Explain clearly and promptly. The offered restraints were correct. Although the fares charged were expensive, and according to what he informed me that they were a penalty, I did not understand that, since the airline was the one that canceled the trip and not me and why would I have to pay more, that is not correct.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2021

I wish I could give them less one star. I booked a ticket with them to fly from Monterey, CA to Lexington Kentucky on 04/15/2020. When COVID-19 hit, I was under stay-at-home orders, no airport, no trips, nothing. I canceled my trip and disputed the charge through my credit company and I received a refund. One Travel contacted after one year on June 11 2021, trying to collect the amount they refunded. After a long struggle with their customer service, including hanging the phone on me, claiming they know nothing, or the issue has been resolved, and I should ask my credit card company. I ended up paying some of the money they refunded to close the case. I will never travel with them again. Every single company in the U.S. supported their clients during COVID-19, except from OneTravel.

OneTravel response
    Please supply the 8 digit booking number given at the time of purchase so we can look into your concerns.

Original review: June 7, 2021

When I say this was the worst experience in my life you won't believe me. Ok so I was charged 2x for luggage and I still don't believe it was my fault but they claimed it was. After arguing for days and waiting on a call back a guy with a horrible attitude named Brock stated he could give me half back. I stated that was unacceptable. He then said I would get the full amount back in 7-14 days. Can you believe that once we hung up he called me from a line in Turkey and said these exact words “You cant board the flight **.” I could not believe he did that. I called back to report him and a Chase answered and basically said he doesn't care about that and to call Spirit for a refund. When I tell you I am contacting everyone from ConsumerAffairs to the better business bureau. This is beyond crazy. I've waited on hold about an hour too waiting for a supervisor. This company needs to be shut down.

Original review: May 18, 2021

I bought airline tickets in February of 2020. Have not been able to make contact with this company to request a refund or find out what to do. I spent over 4,000.00 on tickets and can't get an answer from my emails or get them to answer a phone call. Please do not use this company for your travel needs. Buy directly from the carrier. They have to answer your calls. Today, I have been waiting for over 2 hours so far.

Original review: April 22, 2021

I booked a flight that was advertised as fully refundable and flexible. And according to the airline's terms it is. Then I fell for another scam that said by buying their "Premium Support" package I'd avoid paying them a cancellation fee. Yet, they are charging to cancel. I contacted the airline and they said the ticket is not even valid! ​If an ticket is offered cheaper by an agent, most airlines do a price match. So save yourself the trouble and avoid these scammers

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I got flight ticket August, 2020. After that airline canceled the trip. Until now I didn’t get my refund. Every time I call customer service I hear different story. Six months I didn’t get my refund back.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I had an Affirm loan for this flight and because of the pandemic, I only got to use the first flight since this company can't even reschedule and offered refund. Haven't gotten the refund from them since August 2020 when they "issued" the refund to the virtual card from Affirm. Affirm has said that they never seen the refund. I've been following up every month and have never received any reply since October. Just freaking refund the money and stop being shady.

Resolution response: Nov. 20, 2020

I acknowledge that OneTravel.com addressed our concern and refund us the cancellation charges. I recommend people to book from OneTravel.com as they have good customer services.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I live in Calgary and booked an Air Canada flight to Toronto through OneTravel.com. We paid USD $ 24 commission to OneTravel for booking 4 tickets. Toronto locked down within 24 hours after our booking because of COVID-19. We contacted OneTravel for the cancellation of our flights with 29 hours of our booking. We shocked to hear they asked for cancellation charges of USD $35 per person and we had 4 tickets. Air Canada wasn't charging any cancellation charges. It was OneTravel.com who was ripping us off. After a heated argument, they reduced the cancellation charges from USD $35 to USD $12.5 and we paid them USD $50 in cancellation charges.

We think these cancellation charges went into the OneTravel.com account because the airline didn't charge anything. We feel that we have been ripped off by OneTravel.com because we already paid them the commission when booking the tickets. Our suggestion to travelers to be cautious when booking through this website.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

I have bought at least 6 times with them, a return flight so I know well. CheapoAir and One Travel are the same company. You will browse and get a really really cheaper price for your trip. When you start filling everything and click on confirm booking there will be a message popping "This fare is no longer available" or "This flight is no longer available". Next, they will show some other suggestions to book the flight which will be higher in price. Once I also found that the price directly with the airline was lower than the fare offered by CheapOair and One Travel. Their bookings are not confirmed until last moment even though they send you confirmation email. My booking was done in Air France and 15 days of my trip, I received an email from KLM that the booking is confirmed with them.

At the airport I have to fight 3 hours, missed flights, rebooked, baggage went in different airline and I had to go in different airline. Not only this, after landing I had to fill questionnaire and interview for my baggage because they were unaccompanied. After one week received one bag and after 10 days the other bag. Items were stolen from it. Bag were open due to unaccompanied baggage. When I called CheapOair One Travel they don't provide any customer assistance in trouble. They just use honey sweet words to rob you.

Buyers be aware!!! Alert stay away. I booked tickets for my parents online. Within 5 min I realised there was a spelling error in it. I called to the call centre and told them about their policy that if we cancel the booking within 12 hours they give full refund. This company did not gave full refund but charged 200 USD each to correct the name. They have their team to submit fake good reviews about them. I leave up to you to experience the trouble now.

OneTravel response

Please supply the booking number you were given at the time you purchased your reservation so we can look into your concerns.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

We were given a credit for a flight due to covid cancellations back in March. We went to re-book a new flight now in November to use the credit. Only to find out rebooking is more expensive than the credit. This whole company is running a giant scam. They don't inform you of anything along the way otherwise we wouldn't have booked it. Ordering a new flight was cheaper than using a credit based on this system which is hidden until it's too late and then No refunds. On top of all this the woman dealing with us on the phone was extremely condescending and arrogant about the whole process. Absolute joke of a company... If I could do zero stars I would.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

Me and my friends booked flight tickets early this year around March, from Saskatoon to our home country Malaysia. A few days later we received an email regarding a cancellation in our flight without any updates on how to proceed with the refund or rescheduling. We were international students studying in Canada and had to call the agency which is based in the United States, they reaffirmed us they would call us the next day. After two days, without any updates and with the travel date just one week away we decided to call again. Due to the suspension of Philippines Airlines until the end of April, the agency had required me and my friends to cancel our booking with a fee of 140 usd (cancellation fees) in order for me to acquire airline credits for the next booking.

Prior to that, I did inquire if there were any other available flights before May 8th and the operator, informed there were no flights available until the end of June and I would not be able to book another route as well. He was persistent that I book the flight for the date of May 8th with extra fees giving the reason that the options may be out later on. Then, I and my friends decided to cancel my flight and acquire the refunded credits to use them to book for another flight. The moment I have paid my cancellation fee while being on the line with the operator, he informed me that there is an available flight for the 30 of April but I have to pay an extra of 1000 usd and the May 8 option has run out.

Given the extra expenses, we declined it and called again. This time, another operator answered and I asked whats the earliest in May I could get, he informed me to book for the 8th of May as it is still available. It was quite surprising as initially we were informed that the flights for May 8th are fully booked. We were charged an extra of 1200 usd due to a different date. The operator informed us that the extra charges were issued from Philippines Airlines directly and has nothing do with their agency. We were frustrated, anxious and given no option but to take it as we just want to get home to our families. Then, we checked the Philippines Airline web page in which they stated that there would be no extra fees to be paid given that the airline themselves cancelled my flight and I was eligible to re-book another date without paying extra.

We then called the agency for a refund thinking they did a mistake and informed the operator's name who was dealing with my cancellation fees and new booking which was then informed by the current operator, that there was no one with the given name. He kept me on hold and after 10 minutes he got back to me and did not allow me to get a refund until I had to explain clearly. Throughout our time dealing with the agency, we have talked to 11 different operators with what we assume who has given out fake names as they do not recognize their own colleagues from the very same department, all 11 of them. In total, I have lost an amount of 1798.47 usd. I understand that we booked our flights through an agency and they may have service fees and extra charges but with all the lies and scamming, we decided to file a complain to the United States Department of Transportation.

A week later, with no refund and or any new itinerary given by the agency, the manager of One Travel contacted us and inquired regarding the complain as they were notified by the United States Department of Transportation. We explained the situation and finally was able to resolve the issue with a refund of 3/4 the amount we paid. It took 3 bill cycles. It took a total of 2 weeks with constant everyday calls dealing with rude customer service and this took a toll on our mental health as well. It reached a point where for each call we had to take down notes as we experienced inconsistent facts and specifics given by each operator. Either way, I would not recommend this agency and if you are from outside the United States, there will be charges to your bill with the amount of callbacks one has to make.

OneTravel Company Information