It's that easy Get a Free Quote
1.37/5
Based on 165 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

OneTravel is here to help you plan your next vacation. From flights to hotel, rental cars and cruises, OneTravel has it all for you to plan your trip. We offer not only domestic, but international flights as well with some of the most competitive prices in the market. When you book through OneTravel, you can rest assured that all of your travel needs will be taken care of. Contact us today and allow us to assist you in booking your next getaway!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

898 OneTravel Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I needed to re-book a returning flight. I was told by OneTravel it would be cheaper to re-book this flight through someone else, meaning a different airline as I would incur 200$ per person as well as the ticket difference with my original airline. The price I was quoted with this airline was not the price I was charged. It would have been less expensive to go with my original airline. One line booked me through Sun Country another disaster. They charge 40 $ for each carry on as well as your luggage you check in. Sun Country was very unprofessional. Then they charged me to insure the flight which I would never do. Why would I put insurance on a flight I had to change to? I would not recommend OneTravel to anyone.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Traveling to and from Sioux Falls, SD can be rather inconvenient. It's not exactly along a popular flight path. Our planner was able to get my wife and I confirmed flights at reasonable times and prices.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Absolute garbage. I signed up on this website just to post it because of how awful this company is. Important changes were made for a flight but the seating was NOT reserved. That's right, NOT reserved. Company says we didn't confirm that we wanted to accept these changes but we DID accept. Response was never received on their end but we got a confirmation. Customer service was hard to reach, was constantly putting me on hold, was not willing to accommodate us. Information given differed depending on who you talk to. Could not open a case because I was calling on behalf on my parents who don't speak English, let alone explain their situation to someone with an equally thick accent.

No guarantee that my parents who don't speak English will be able to call back and find a solution since no case was opened. After an hour on the phone, nothing was resolved apart from my parents buying their own ticket after this garbage company couldn't (wouldn't) find them an alternative. Avoid at all costs. Seriously. I've experience cancelled and delayed flights before and thought I received crappy service until THIS experience. I would rather not travel than have to deal with these people again. Seriously, you'll just end up paying double.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I wanted to book on Norwegian website. And was mysteriously checked in on this website. After several phone calls because their website been down or non existent for several hours my reservation is still not done completely. ALWAYS go direct to airline website. It is ALWAYS the best way to book and resolve any problems.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I AM SAVING YOU THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS. Business took place on phone. They are in Las Vegas. In Toronto ON Canada. On or before February 17, I don't know because they were very disorganized. They were hard to understand as English was second language. Overall was the worse every time to book a trip. My friends and family moved to Leon Mexico, GTO, and I have been 3 times before so I do know where I am going. During these lengthy calls with a service rep I told her I need to travel to Leon Mexico Feb/2017. Replied, "Ok you changes planes in Dallas TX." That should have be it. But I never got an email. Calling them several times. Now this is the stupid part, service rep says, "Monterrey MX." l said, "No no Leon MX," "Yes yes I know." Me, "Ok why are you saying Monterrey thinking this is in France." Not sure. I told my Mexican friend he said, "No no that's far," I know she's nut.

Again I called back. LEON MEXICO city Monterey, getting paid in head. Now this happens several times. Again she says it... WTF, now I'm brainwashed believing that's the name of the airport but not before. I leave Feb 23/2017 @ 9;45 am. On flight I was actually having permission of a disaster. "Dallas there's no flight to Leon today." Very very pissed. How can they actually be so stupid to send me to wrong state. My friend said it was to at bad road to drive. So I buy another ticket for about $700US. I went to use my CC. Would not work. I call them. I said I paid it all off, "yes but you're 2 months late." I'm stuck here. I had to use my spending money. May I state I was just getting over a con brain infection and this was not good. I'm on ODSP. I then bought a ticket for next day, had to pay for hotel, food and taxi who actually tried to kidnap me. I arrive next day very distressed and had an effect on my vacation.

I was to stay 1 month but running out of money. I left in 2 weeks later. I also called them when I was there, no help. On return few weeks I started calling them, they lie really bad and promise to follow up. Months go on and l remember about the tapes. I listened. I hear Monterrey and me saying, What ** wrong with you?" Now the manager stops it, "you see you said Monterrey #87** ya don't want to go." Later I asked to her and get copies, they don't have. They to keep tapes 2 yrs. I CLAIM FOR ADDITIONAL AIRFARE DUE TO THE MISTAKES 700$, HOTEL 125$, FOOD 50$, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT OF SHORTEN TRIP 1000 per week x $2000, $2875, $417.75, $3292.75, 1 yr annual interest @ 5% 165.00 == $3457.75.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Onetravel.com?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Scum website. I am warning you... You will get ripped off. I booked a flight for my mother in law to the States via Canada. And I tried to delay the date of the flight 3 weeks before the due date and guess what... They want to charge me 1000$ for just the delay. Plus they change flight timing... Horrible experiencing!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I booked a “Guaranteed Flight” in Russia. Guess what, it’s not guaranteed!!! I have been through 7-8-9 customer service reps with no help. They blame the airline! Long story but I had a guaranteed flight and a few hours before I was sent another don’t forget your guaranteed flight. Airline said it is not a guaranteed flight, sorry. I call or “Chatted” with them from @12:30 until @5:30 and have gotten nowhere. Once again they blame the airline. They wanted to call me right away, I gave them the hotel # and they will call me right away. They are going to expedite this case right now... It’s 45 minutes later, still no expedited call... STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THIS company. Accept responsibility for your incompetence and do what’s right. I paid them for a guaranteed ticket and did not get it... I will look at Small Claims Court when I get back, THAT BAD.

Original review: July 28, 2018

DO NOT use the OneTravel site, very deceiving wording, webpage said that the flight could be canceled if done so 23 hours or more before flight departure, will not refund your money if you buy the $11.95 insurance, they will try and get another $25.00 out of you to cancel and say you will have a credit with the airline you were flying on, then the airline will charge you a $125.00 fee to use the credit but can only rebook thru OneTravel. THIS OUTFIT IS AN ABSOLUTE JOKE!

Original review: July 27, 2018

Booked an airfare on July 9/18. Received my credit card bill and it was $122.34 more than on my ticket. I called them and they said it was converted to US funds. I said I am not flying to the states but flying within Canada. They said it was a US site as it was .com. When I booked my flight, I went to CheapOair and it brought me to this site. I did not see anything about being charged US funds. Very disturbing. One would think when you are in Canada and looking for a site it would come up with a Canadian site not an American one. Guess it is the wonderful world of internet. I could see if I was travelling to the states being charged... just makes me angry. When arriving at the site, it should state at the top that you are being charged for US funds... just another scam to make more money... shame on them! Will never deal with them again.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Please do not, I repeat do not ever book with this site. They charge fees for everything. I mistakenly booked my flight for the wrong day, my fault. I wasn't paying attention, but mistakes happen. I called the company to cancel, they instead pushed me to just change the dates. Originally they couldn't find me a similar flight on my preferred day so I attempted to just cancel the flight. They stated it would be a $75 charge to cancel. Uh really? The whole purpose of booking on the flight was for the cheap rate so that would defeat the purpose. So I decided to look long and hard to the next comparable flight and rate and found one with the longest layover in history, smh but still changed the flight. I wasn't satisfied though.

So, I then decided to continuously look day and night for the prices to drop for the price match guarantee. I finally found another flight for cheaper, I looked on the airlines website and it was even cheaper than what was listed on OneTravel. So, I called them again, attempting to change and they said it would be $50 dollar increase. Are you serious? On the site it says something completely different. Don't you guys have the updated prices in front of you? I then tried to cancel again, and this time they said it would be a $50 cancellation fee. Why does it keep changing? Anyways I explained the cheaper price on the website and then on the airline site, finally they decided to refund me the cost of the ticket difference, but not without a stupid fee included. Not worth the hassle. I won't ever get caught slipping booking on this type of site again.

Original review: July 23, 2018

What a ripoff by this company. I booked tickets for my son to come home, realized return ticket had the wrong date on it. Called One Travel back to change this in less than 10 minutes of booking, they are now going to charge me an extra 99.00 dollars, yet on their site the same date and time is the same price as what I had paid. Yet they said you can cancel 24 hours within booking time for free. Yet you still have to pay cancellation fee! What gives with this. What a ripoff.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I paid 60.00 for seats back in June. When I was checking my itinerary it showed that the seats were still pending. I had to pat an additional 63.00 for other seats. I don’t feel this is right. Something should be done about this.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Do not use this company! Absolutely the worse experience I've ever had while deal/Booking travel. Guess they do not understand that hurricanes really do happen and that hotels really can not be used once a hurricane flattens them. Can do not get me started on trying to use your "credits" to rebook. Will cost double what it should and your credit is worthless. Never again!!!

Original review: July 16, 2018

The company offered an insurance travel protection on my international flight tickets. The agent stated that in case anything happened, by purchasing the insurance I would be refunded. Later that evening I had an issue and I tried to contact them on a service that's supposed to be a 24/7 hour service and I was unable to get in touch with any of the agents. After missing my flight I tried to call and get a refund for my tickets since I had the insurance since they said I would be refunded in case anything went wrong. The agent said there was nothing they could do and I was not going to get my money back. This is the WORST company. If you don't want to ruin your vacation don't purchase any tickets from this company, OneTravel they are scammers. I would not even give them one star.

Original review: July 10, 2018

OneTravel offered insurance for my international flight. The advertisement stated "Life happens if you become ill, miss your flight, or something comes up at work you will receive a full refund for your flight." Something came up for work and they said policy stated death or being terminally ill. There will be so many fees to change my flight or change passengers. Not sure what I'm going to do with unused ticket.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I went to Mexico City on 7/6/18. I came back yesterday. This people never told me anything about the baggage. They sold me tickets with not right to baggage. I call the company and the employee hung up the telephone 2 times. Never ever I'll use this company. Please if you read this be aware!!! I pay 120 dollars for the suitcase. Never more!!!

Original review: July 9, 2018

I wish could give "zero star", lot of problems within a year with this agency, most dishonest agency I ever met. Within 3 hr, try to cancel booking - can't help anything unless pay money. Ok, leave it then but found missing middle name - can't help anything unless pay money. (Myself, booked and travelling, first time of this kind of problem).

Booked a ticket 2 months early and paid for a seat for long flight and they'd confirmed, Then got an email that canceled the seat and refund just 4 hrs before departure time. A friend also noticed middle name is missing couple day before departure date, they helped nothing but money and best advice they gave was cancel (they will refund less than half what he paid) and buy another ticket/same date time with over-priced, hella load of help. (My friend booked himself all the time over 14 years and his first problem).

Domestic flight, booked morning flight, got confirmation email with evening flight, called and explained, nope, can't help anything unless pay money. (Myself, booked and travelling, first time of this kind of problem). So, I asked please cancel my booking and don't charge me 'cause within 1 hr, not my mistake and their technical problem or maybe their mistake with purpose or I dont know 'cause too many coincidences in many bookings. I didn't realize early I was booking with a same company, I just Google and chose a lowest price and they are usually lowest. Finally I learned, maybe they bait lowest price and scam people. Careful folks!

Original review: July 8, 2018

Booking was a bit problematic since there was an email saying one amount and calling agent says not the price they come up with so talking to supervisor came up with a Happy medium to book the trip but what a dilemma.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Back in February 2018 I was booking an international travel for the entire family including all grandparents. I tried to do it online but because of the infant involved in different itineraries with different adults I couldn’t book it online, so I called OneTravel. After over 2 hours on the phone agent assured me that all tickets are issued and all I have to do is call the number provided and add the infant to the reservations. Prices that he quoted to me were higher than what I saw online, however I thought this happened because infant was added.

To my surprise when I called to add the infant I was told that it will cost me $180 for each itinerary. I said, "No thank you," and called in to cancel all reservations as all bookings can be cancelled free within 24 hours right? Wrong! I called 40 minutes later and cancellation fees were $75 per passenger per leg of travel, in my case $1200. When I said: “how is it possible, you advertise free cancellation?” The agent told me: “Do you think agents time is free?” I asked to be connected to the supervisor and started to look at fine prints and of course found the cancellation fees. However I also found that they will match the cheapest price within 24 hours of booking. And my price was already higher than on other sites as I thought it was due to infant. The agent was able to match some of the prices but not tickets with the infant as she said it’s not possible because she is adding the infant manually and it is not the option.

So after another 2 hours I thought that this booking from hell is over, nope not quite there yet. In the middle of May I wanted to send everyone copies of itineraries for the upcoming July trip and noted that there is no infant on any of the tickets. Called the airlines and they confirmed that none of the reservations has infant. Called OneTravel and they said that for some reason the infant reservations were cancelled by the airline. After several weeks of going back and forth with airlines and OneTravel, listening for the entire initial call, doing a three way call with airline and OneTravel, OneTravel admitted that they did not book the ticket correctly and are willing to help me with the reservations.

Finally in June I received a phone call saying that infant was added, however infant's name was spelled incorrectly which I informed the agent immediately. Agent said: “Well now it is whole new issue,” and she needs to call me back. 10 days later of unreturned phone calls to direct number provided, I called the main line again and agent assured me that everything will be fine and all what he needs is copy of infant's passport. The first trip was scheduled on Monday July 2, 2018. Was emailing agent every other day, no response, was calling the main line and was heard that agent is working on it and they will get to me shortly.

Finally on Friday June 29, 2018 I received a phone call from the same agent who was not responding to my emails saying that he is still working on it and will update me shortly. Oh, and forgot to mention that every time you are calling OneTravel they have to connect you to the supervisor and wait time can be from 20 minute to over an hour, sometimes you just get disconnected during the supervisor's review of your case and nobody will call you back, although they are asking for a good call back number.

Around 6 O’clock on Friday agent called me back and told me that there is nothing can be done and he is done dealing with those airlines. They can issue me a refund for the infant tickets. Well the issue with that was that the only way to buy an infant ticket is to purchase new adult ticket with infant added again. No need to say that I spent all weekend to resolve this, the final answer was that name can be changed at the airport. Went to the airport 5 hours prior to departure and was informed that name could not be changed, they can issue the ticket as is and it will be up to TCA to let us in on the flight or not. Thank God, TCA did let us in and we are finally there, but name for upcoming itinerary in August is still not changed and I’m not sure if we still be as lucky crossing the border.

Last agent to whom I spoke on Sunday was absolutely rude saying that he did so much for me going above and beyond his duties and I’m not appreciative and understanding. Because I kept saying that I was told by the airlines that I cannot change the name at the airport. Offered me cancel a ticket for refund, said that he does not have last name or direct extension. He even called me on Monday July 2 asking if we were able to change the name at the airport. When I said no, and it will up to TCA to let us in or not, he said he will call me back to ensure that we are on the flight. Did receive a phone call from someone else later and I asked him just to take care of the name change for next booking. UPDATES – none.

Original review: July 2, 2018

OneTravel (Cheap-O) is the absolute worst - bright promises up front, complete failure to deliver (or communicate) when we were standing at the airline counter trying to board our flight. Flight missed, international connections lost, inability of OneTravel to "price" (or find or DELIVER!) next day flights. We are paying penalties for hotels and car rentals missed, paying more for new last minute travel with airline, having to book direct for international connections... Stranded and loss of dream vacation - thanks. On the phone with OneTravel for 3 (!!) hours WITH the airline, and they still couldn't figure it out. If it sounds too good to be true, it obviously is: book directly with the airline next time.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Booking online flights through OneTravel. Price listed was 86 dollars (US). Put in all my data and was billed, confirmed by receipt $249.20 for flight. Customer service said it was because the flight sold out in the two minutes it took me to book it. They said that was the current price. I had them on the phone when I checked again and the same flight was still available on their page. They said it was a glitch. Refreshed the page and the same flight went up to $119.00. This led to a debate about fluctuating prices. I refreshed it again and the original $86.00 flight showed up.

They would not honor their web pricing and it took a lot of effort to cancel the flight that took me two minutes to book and 45 to cancel. Now I have $250.00 on a 7-14 business day hold return policy while it is reviewed. Not even sure I will get my money back. OneTravel and CheapOair are the same crooked website and they were rude and accepted no responsibility for the prices posted on their pages. Never again. Used to book all my flight (globally) through them. Company has definitely gone downhill. Bad customer relations and no accountability.

Original review: July 1, 2018

This process takes entirely too long. Your representatives are very nice and helpful. I have received a refund from OneTravel but getting the bulk of my refund has exceeded a timely fashion. I called to check the status but the department of the airline was closed. So I have to call back and go through checking on it again.

Original review: June 29, 2018

We booked three round trip tickets through this website two months before our travel dates. Three weeks before our flight, they informed me that our return flight was canceled, and we would need to fly the next day. I told them no, we were scheduled to be back to work that day, so they would need to find us a flight on our original travel schedule, since that is what we paid for. They said we would need to pay for new tickets on a different airline, and wait for a refund from the original airline, they couldn't transfer the payment.

I was assured by the customer service representative AND his supervisor that the refund was processed. I did not book a new return flight with them, I contacted another airline directly and booked through them, which saved $40. After FIFTEEN days, I was still without a refund. I contacted the original airline, and the customer service representative had moved it to the following day instead of canceling like he told me he had! Spirit Airlines was great, and had my refund back in my account in a matter of minutes. DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE!!! SCAM!

Original review: June 23, 2018

I booked a one way trip for my husband and when I got the confirmation his name was missing the final letter. At the beginning I thought it was a minor mistake from my side (which has never happened to me in more than 15 years traveling together) and the email said to verify the names and to call them if there was something wrong. That was weird to me because I have never received a confirmation like that and I thought they were nice. Well, when you call them to fix it, they charge you $75 fee (the ticket was around $100) just for adding a letter that now I am super sure they did that on purpose to charge you more. They even call you and email asking for you to pay that fee. My sister made a mistake with a name (and she admitted she did it wrong), called American Airlines and they fix it for free. So why this company is charging this outrageous fee and sending emails asking you to verify your name? It looks very fishy.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Called them 3 times within 24 hours of my booking and they refused to give me a free cancellation. When I booked my flights, I saw the green font words: "Free Cancellation within 24 hours". On the calls, they told me they would not charge me but some other travel agents and airlines would charge me. WHAT? I know for a fact that the airline I booked would not charge any fees within 24 hours. This website is a SCAM, hiding all the fees until you booked the flight. Please call your banks to dispute charges and let your bank know this website scamming customers.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Had booked two tickets on an Aer Lingus flight because it was “refundable”. Not so. Had not made an adequate search myself, and found that they had added a $60 fee that is not refundable and not mentioned. Spent 45 minutes on the phone with them to get to the truth. This company just seems to be a bunch of hucksters. The perfect choice to find an inflated price on airline tickets.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Booked 2 airline tickets to Orlando. Had family emergency (father in law in nursing home) come up and cannot use the tickets now. I called 64 days before my flight and was told it is non-transferable and non-refundable. The tickets are more expensive now and they would make more profit but they choose not to provide customer service. This is inexcusable. I will never use OneTravel again and will never fly United. Terrible customer service! I will fly Southwest from now on. I lost almost $300. I will be letting others know as well. Good customer service goes a long ways...

OneTravel response

We are sorry to hear of your experience. If you would please supply the booking number you were given when you booked the reservation we would be happy to look into your concerns. Thank you

Original review: June 17, 2018

I booked 2 tickets on Norwegian Airlines and found they were cheaper on the airline's own site. When I went to cancel the tickets, the agent want to charge me $75 cancellation fee per person, this was on a $68 ticket. Totally outrageous considering airlines allow you to cancel for free within 24 hours of booking. Stay away from these scammers.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Booked with One Travel to have our daughter flown home for my wife's birthday. This company cancelled entire flight due to one leg being cancelled by the airline. NO options were given other than our daughter would be stranded in Philly for an entire day when the flight was an early morning red eye. I have NEVER had a company or airline tell me there was NO option for travel that day unless the flight was late in evening and no other flights were going. This is completely UNACCEPTABLE and One Travel felt like they did all they could by refunding our ticket price. That's the LEAST they should have done. WARNING: DO not book with this company as they can simply cancel the entire flight without any effort to succeed, in changes.

OneTravel response

We are sorry to hear of your experience. It can be extremely frustrating when airlines cancel flights. If you will please supply the booking number you were given when you booked the reservation we will be happy to look into your concerns. Thank you

Original review: June 6, 2018

I have just got off the phone with OneTravel's Customer Service to fix their error with the system. Been on for 3 hours and 45 minutes, and transferred seven times. I entered that I was traveling from Siem Reap (REP) to Phuket (HKT) with stop in Bangkok (DMK). They confirmed me at Bangkok (DMK) the stopover destination. OneTravel makes no effort to correct their system error, and are leaving three of us at the one stop city Bangkok DMK. I called immediately when the error occurred, and they claim that I cannot change the booking, even though it is within the 24 hour cancellation period. This means that they are doing fraudulent bookings, and wanting a premium to correct their error, and refusing to cancel within the cancellation period "because the booking was made with a discounted airline." This is inconsistent with a "cancel within the 24 hour cancellation period."

Onetravel.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

OneTravel is a Pennsylvania-based travel website that was started in the mid-1990s.

• Newsletter: OneTravel uses a daily newsletter to keep its members updated on the latest deals.

• Hotels: Travelers can find discounts at over 84,000 hotels.

• International travel: OneTravel books hotels in and flights to countries all over the world.

• Business class flights: Travelers can specify that they want business class flights so they can focus on options that match their needs.

• Rewards: OneTravel members earn points that they can use to lower the prices of flights, hotel rooms and rental cars.

• Best for: International and budget travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

Las Vegas
NV
www.onetravel.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business