1.3/5 (1036 ratings)

About OneTravel

OneTravel is a travel website that offers booking services for flights, hotels, cars and vacation packages to destinations throughout the U.S. and across the globe. OneTravel offers discounts at over 84,000 hotels worldwide and compares flights from more than 600 airlines. OneTravel members earn reward points for each dollar members spend on the site, which they can use to get cheaper prices on future flights or hotel stays.

Pros

• Last-minute deals
  • Low prices
  • Multiple ways to search
  • Price match guarantee

Cons

• Booking fees
  • No refunds

Bottom Line

OneTravel lets travelers search for accommodations by destination, flight type and flight price. The company offers last-minute deals and discount codes. It charges booking and cancellation fees.

Top OneTravel Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Onetravel.com?

Verified

I booked my family vacation flights through OneTravel… it all went great. When I booked the flights the customer service reps were very helpful and went over all information sever...

Verified

I had technical issues using the website so I called their 800 number to book my flights both times… Both times I worked with incredibly friendly and professional agents who helpe...

What is OneTravel?

When you use OneTravel, you can search for travel accommodations by destination and flight, simplifying the search process and letting you quickly and easily find the best options for your trip. You can also search by travel theme, flight type and flight price.

OneTravel also lets you book hotels, rental cars and vacation packages. The company offers last-minute deals on hotels and discount codes to save money on flights and vacation packages. You earn reward points for each dollar spent on the site, and you earn double points when you book using the app.

If you find a lower rate on OneTravel or another U.S.-based travel site within four hours of booking, OneTravel will credit or refund you the difference. After four hours (but no later than 24 hours), you get a $50 coupon for future bookings if you find a lower price.

OneTravel ticket fees

OneTravel may charge a service fee when you book with them. Fees are charged on a per-passenger, per-ticket basis and are usually nonrefundable. OneTravel charges the following fees:

• Plane tickets: Up to $35
  • Hotel bookings: Up to $32 a night per room
  • Rental car reservations: Up to $25 per rental

OneTravel also charges fees for flight cancellations and exchanges. See the tables below.

OneTravel cancellation fees

International$250$200
Business/first class (domestic)$250$200
Business/first class (international)$250$250

OneTravel FAQ

Is OneTravel safe to book with?
Yes. OneTravel has a fraud prevention team. If you have any unauthorized charges on your credit card after booking with OneTravel, you pay nothing.
Does OneTravel do returns?
Most flights, hotels, vacation packages, prepaid car rentals and service fees are nonrefundable after 24 hours of booking. Flights are nonrefundable and nontransferable. Name changes are not permitted. You can cancel your ticket within 24 hours for a fee. You might be able to exchange your ticket for a different date.
Where does OneTravel have flights to?
OneTravel has flights to domestic destinations in the United States and international destinations across the country.

Is OneTravel legit?

OneTravel is a legitimate option for anyone looking for travel deals. You can book flights, hotels, car rentals and vacation packages through the site and manage your entire trip on the platform. Travelers looking for cheap flights and last-minute deals benefit from using OneTravel, but keep in mind that most bookings are nonrefundable. The company charges booking fees as well as cancellation and exchange fees.

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneTravel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Onetravel.com?

Resolution response: June 11, 2022

My problem was solved with diligence by the company, which didn't significantly change my schedule but made slight adjustments.

Original review: June 4, 2022

I have a reservation for a upcoming flight. A couple of weeks after my reservation I started to receiving emails from OneTravel with the subject “ACTION REQUIRED”. In these emails they affirm that the airline is requiring a change on my flight schedule so I tried to chat and call them. It’s almost an impossible mission. I got tired and called the airline directly and they stated that they didn’t require any change and send me the confirmation. OneTravel send fake emails trying to change our schedule for their own interest. It was the first and it will be the last time I used OneTravel. Don’t buy any travel package with them.

OneTravel response

We are working with the airline and the passenger to answer questions raised by the customer.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 18, 2022

I booked a flight to Bermuda pre-COVID with OneTravel which was canceled. I did get my money back for that, but felt that the communication should have been better. I had to keep checking my credit card to see if the money was refunded and got no emails from OneTravel to confirm anything. Moving on to the end of February, beginning of March 2022, I booked a trip for 6 family members to Colombia for July 2022. I had no trouble booking the flights down and back. However, I ran into a huge, never-ending problem with the flight between two cities within Columbia.

I picked our flight, entered in all of my parties' information and got to the payment page. Total was approximately $46 per ticket for a total of $360 or so including taxes and fees. I then remembered that I had a $60 coupon code, entered it, saw that it was accepted and then I clicked on PAY. After I paid, I realized that it was showing that the $360 for the flight had changed to over $1600 for the flight. The price per ticket increased x 6! (It did take $60 off the $1600 I noticed later). I do not know why this happened. I am a boomer who barely knows how to turn on a computer in the first place!

I immediately contacted OneTravel and told them about the glitch. I was so excited about the trip and nervous about getting in all the passport information correctly. This was my biggest concern. Certainly, when one uses a coupon one is not expecting to pay more for something! The site did not say the coupon was not valid or give me any kind of pop-up about the price change.

I was on hold for hours and hours and spoke to many people and got cut off several times. What I really wanted was the flight I originally requested for the original asking price, but OneTravel was trying to tell me that no, the flight did cost $1600. OneTravel told me that it was the Airline's issue, but I was using OneTravel's website to order the tickets, not the airline's. Finally, I was told that they would cancel the flight and issue a refund in 8-10 days (this was after being on hold for about 4 hours). Of course, this conversation was all on the phone and they sent me nothing in writing. I then rebooked a flight for the same day, different time, for the original price of $46/seat (I did not try to use a coupon after the first experience).

So, now we are in mid-May. The situation is still not resolved and I've spent many more hours on hold. I contacted the airline this week to try to get things straightened out because OneTravel's app is saying that I have 2 flights booked for the same day (different times) with the same origin and destination. The airline does not have any record of the rebooking, although OneTravel's app says that it is confirmed and ticket #s are assigned. The airline referred me back to OneTravel and said that they can't fix the problem; I need to go through OneTravel. The airline did, however, have us confirmed for the original flight which I was overcharged for.

So, now I'm worried that we will even have a flight when I get to Colombia. All I really wanted was just to buy the tickets for the original price on the website. I found it ironic that, seconds after you book the trip, you get a call from their customer service trying to upsell you extras for your trip, but if you have a problem, you are on the phone on hold for hours and hours (I am not at all in the least bit exaggerating!!).

So, as I type, I think I may have just gotten cut off again for the second time today. It's 10:48 a.m. and I started speaking with "Chris" at 8:24. They play music while you wait on the phone which now is giving me PTSD every time I hear it. There is no music playing now, so I'm guessing that means I got cut off while Chris was trying to locate someone in another department, contact the airline, look up information, or whatever else he was doing for the past 2 and 1/2 hours. Prior to Chris, I spoke with another woman (who transferred me to Chris) who had the audacity to ask me if I wanted to book a car or hotel in addition to the flight. Are you serious??!!

I am a newbie to booking flights, which obviously is my biggest problem. I thought OneTravel would guide me through the steps and was there to be my advocate. I am an idiot. Now, instead of being excited about my trip, I am worried about being charged an extra $1600 (for the flight that the airline has no record for plus the overpayment of the originally booked flight) and whether my family and I will actually have a flight once we are in Colombia. This experience has absolutely caused me sleepless nights and a huge amount of stress.

I am so embarrassed because I trusted this company to get me a good deal. I am furious that I spent so many hours on hold on the phone and that I can't trust anything that they told me on the phone. I did try the online "chat", but they usually tell you to call if they answer your chat request at all. I thought if I chatted that I would at least have a written record of the conversation. I have never experienced such poor customer service in my life. I feel violated and traumatized. It's with great humility that I will have to face my Daughter-in-Law who told me just to purchase the tickets directly from the airline. Lesson learned. However the perpetual optimist in me is still hopeful that OneTravel will make things right. Other than that, I guess there is always Karma.

Original review: April 25, 2022

I booked long distance flights with Onetravrlel, received confirmation mail with big green v + another receipt mail, got to the airport just to find out that I'm not in the airline system at all. 5 attempts to chat to agents on their online chat app (all disconnected at some point and you get a new agent starting All over again) just to be told that the reservation is pending cause payment didn't come through.

No explanation why no email was sent to say so (booked about a week beforehand). No explanation why their mails stated confirmation + receipt. I didn't get on that flights. Got stuck in Lima Peru, book an unnecessary hotel in lima, missed hotel booking at my final destination, missed planned meetings. All I've heard from the agent was I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Unprofessional is understatement! Never again.

Resolution response: April 26, 2022

The Resolution: It turns out it was Emirates that had lied to me, undertrained staff or a backwards system. OneTravel/CheapoAir and myself made a threeway call to Emirates where they admitted and revealed that it was THEIR fault for the confusion. It was their system which sent the emails to OneTravel/CheapoAir.

Emirates I found to be rather unapologetic and unhelpful, while OneTravel would apologise multiple times on their behave and spent hours in total on the phone to Emirates to try and work out a resolution. So I would like to change my rating and say that OneTravel/CheapoAir were actually a great company at the end of the day for standing by me and fighting for my refund.

I especially received great service from Edith. So please, go through OneTravel/CheapoAIr. I guarantee you will not find many travel agents that will literally fight for your money and give you a good deal.

In the meantime, I feel it only necessary to direct my ire to Emirates in another review and strongly recommend against flying with them, especially seeing as they are such a rich, worldwide corporation that has more ability and resources to provide better service than the pathetic and stressful service I received. Again, much love and thank you to OneTravel/CheapoAir for their swift resolution.

Original review: April 22, 2022

Booked a flight in February 2020 from Sydney to Thailand to depart in April of that year. Forced cancellation due to pandemic. OneTravel constantly assured me I could use my cancelled ticket as credit. They even emailed me a month ago stating it was valid til FEBRUARY 2023. However I have tried to book a flight through them using said credit and now they are lying to me and saying the airline will not let me. Then how come I was told they would 6 months ago when I called to check? How come I was sent an e-mail earlier this month telling me I had credit, and valid for another 10 months? Liars. Thieves. THIS COMPANY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY! STAY AWAY! I am going to be on every major social media platform spreading this story until I receive my refund or credit.

Original review: April 1, 2022

The 1 star reviews are accurate, terrible trip booking organization. I got double charged, went through many tunnels of customer support and wasted many hours of my life. Use Expedia or Travelocity, they are gonna be cheaper anyways and won't up charge you or put random charges on your card for no reason. They said the charge would be fixed but they have not yet. DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICE PLEASE.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

The worst agency in Miami. I traveled to Punta Cana and paid for the beachfront, I found that my room looked at the bottom of the dump, when I called Alina from there, nothing was solved. The return trip was with World Atlantic, the worst airline in the world, the plane was 50 years old and was destroyed, the flight left 10 hours late and when we got on the plane, we were without air for 40 minutes until the plane began to move.

Dear Mr. Bernardo:
    We would like to look into your concerns but need some additional information. Can you please supply the 8 digit booking number

you were given at the time of purchase. Thank you

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

I booked tickets to Europe for my son and I before the pandemic. One Travel/CheapOAir put me through over 50 hrs. of ** Waiting on hold. Blaming the airline. They refused to give me a credit or return my money for over two years! Lawyers! Please help!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I would give negative stars if I could. After I booked and paid for my flight, I was informed the flight was full. Long story (2 hours on the phone with them) they did not refund my money. I called my bank right away and had my debit card cancelled (should not have used my debit card). Horrible people. Shame on them.

OneTravel response

Please supply the 8 digit booking number so we can look into your concerns.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

Possibly the most infuriating experience of my life. Due to new travel restrictions due to Covid, I had to rebook my flight. Tried to get someone on the chat or the phone for almost 4 hours with no avail. Once I was finally connected, our customer service agent took at an average 30 minutes to answer one question at a time (probably watching a movie while talking to me). Once we got to the important part of the conversation, she gave me less than 10 seconds to respond to her and she ended our chat! 4 hours on hold, 2 hours to get 2 questions asked and got hung up on. I suggest if you booked with a credit card, try to get a refund through them. Probably your best bet. And please, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!

OneTravel response

Please supply the 8 digit booking number given at the time of purchase so we can review your concerns.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

Worst company to deal with and buy tickets from. I even purchased the travel protection with my ticket and it clearly states under their FAQ's regarding their refund policy but they refused to refund.

OneTravel Company Information