OneTravel

Compare Travel Sites

Research top Travel Sites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was appointed a flight by One Travel from Argentina to Iguazu Falls with Aerolineas Argentinas, when I specifically requested a LATAM flight. After almost not being able to board, due to pilot strikes and my SEAT HAVING BEEN DOUBLE BOOKED, I called One Travel to re-arrange the return ticket to a different time/date so I wouldn't run the risk of missing it. I called them and stayed on the line for 1 hour, called back whilst they were trying to rebook at a cost and still got nowhere.

I then had to purchase a SECOND ticket, and requested numerous times for my original flight to be refunded (this has been ongoing since early September). Today, after my 4rd request, I got told that "we would like to inform you that please get in touch with the airlines". This is the most absurd service I have ever been in contact with. Do NOT book anything through them, they will scam every living cent out of you and then pretend like they have nothing to do with it!!!!

This company is the most ludicrous travel company I ever came across. They base your trip on when convenient for them and I've asked for a refund on several occasions and have yet to receive my money back. Their business matters are controlled outside of the United States and still have yet to speak to a manager that is going to give me my refund. Don't ever trust this company. They are thieves.

WHILE booking my airline tickets to travel from CARTAGENA to BOGOTA, in Colombia, I received an email from a website to compare fares. ONETRAVEL had a 30 dollars less so I went with them. I booked my flight, which offered 4 hours cancellation at no cost, and other advantages I thought. As soon I purchased the ticket I received an email asking if I wanted my original dates. The price was around $400.00 Dollars instead of the $73.00 Dollars.

When I checked my ticket, the DATES WERE CHANGED. I could call since I don't have access to Call USA from Colombia so I chatted with representative that told me the only option was to purchase ticket at $400 dollars. I THEN TRIED TO cancel and find out they charge you a fee for cancellation and it takes up to 21 days to refund the MONEY... I spent about 4 hours in the ORDEAL, WITH THE MOST TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE... To me clearly THIS IS SCAM... Stay away from OneTravel scam.

Three days of phone calls for a simple online airline ticket purchase. "Fraud prevention" verifications. Three days of "Your confirmation will be in your inbox in 30 minutes." On the third day they say the price has gone up 75 percent, can't guarantee the price quoted on the first day.

Purchased two one way tickets to Chicago. OneTravel offered a price of $108 dollars for both. Paid with credit card on 10/20/2016. On November 9th my credit card was charged an ADDITIONAL $138.00. I was on the telephone for almost 2 hours protesting additional charge to NO AVAIL. OneTravel said I selected PREMIUM ECONOMY SEATS. Whoever heard of "premium economy".

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Onetravel.com?

I booked my flight in CAD and was charged in USD. The price shown was CAD 840.56. When I received the booking confirmation, the numbers on the invoice were completely different. No matter how you added or subtracted them it didn't come out as 840.56. (Even the supervisor of OneTravel couldn't come up with that number. Instead he told me I had seen the wrong website...)

Made many phone calls. As one of the employees did find the screen shot of my starting point showing prices in CAD she suggested I talk to the supervisor. He was no help. When I asked him how much would it cost me to cancel the ticket, at first he said I couldn't and later on he said he could charge me $300. I would not recommend booking any tickets with this company.

I didn't even know this company existed but, I was looking for tickets from San Juan to Leticia, Colombia and I got an excellent offer from this company. I called my older brother and he proceeded to buy his ticket and I bought mine and my husband's. We wanted to be with our baby sister (24 years younger than me) because, she is having her 1st baby in the Amazon and our parents are too old to travel over there. I paid with my Sears Master Card and I was so happy. That was on a Friday.

Monday morning when I arrive at my job I find a email from OneTravel saying the canceled my flight. The reason: they tried to contact me to confirm my credit card but I could not answer my phone at that time so they canceled. They COULD NOT wait and call me again or wait for my response to their email. When I explained they told me they will book me again but they DID NOT WANT TO HONOR THE PRICE that I bought it the first time. From a total of LESS than $700 round trip for me and my husband, now they want to charge me DOUBLE... $1,400 round trip for both of us on EXACTLY the same flight.

I feel sorry for my brother because NOW he has to travel ALONE. I definitely DO NOT RECOMMEND OneTravel to anybody!!! I work on an International School with almost 1,000 students and all my co-workers were happy for me, now they are mad and telling me that is not fair. These are agencies that just care about making money!!! They are NOT COMPASSIONATE at all. They don't even deserve one star, THEY DESERVE 1/4 Star but I don't have the option. I am EXTREMELY DISSATISFIED. Will NEVER buy from OneTravel again.

I was booking for my mother ticket and noticed that the first name was wrong. Before sending it I quickly changed it right away to correct her first name and somehow I get two tickets for the same person, and charged twice in my bank (with the right name and the wrong name), so I phone OneTravel right away after seeing the charges and unfortunately they can't do anything at all! Very bad experience. I wouldn't recommend them at all! I am booking travels online many times and I never experience something like this! They don't know how to listen to the customers.

I booked return ticket from ONETRAVEL. I put in Canadian money for searching 2 tickets from Tokyo to Hanoi and back. It was $ 1231.07 CAD on my confirmation booking. I booked and they sent me confirmation total charge in my credit card will be $1231.07 to my email. But I check my credit card bill and they charged me for $1265.20. I called customer service and they told me that they charge by $ US and she told me to call my bank. I ASKED her "why you guy bill me of $1231.07 CAD and now is $1265.20 CAD". She said because THEY bill ME in US dollars. When I bought tickets in your website with CAD$ now you to told me that you charge me in $US convert to CAD$. WHAT IS THE POINT. Beware when you book with them. If your website is only $ US and I will not say a word. This is my first time with ONETRAVEL and I have very bad experience and I have never had with any other booking agent. Only with ONETRAVEL.

The ultimate BAIT AND SWITCH SCAM. They pay for advertising that entices google airline searches to their counterfeit site, then switch dates of selected travel to the unsuspecting traveler, and when the bad transaction goes through, demand a $99 INSTANT rebooking fee! RUN AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!

Worst online ticket purchase EVER: Advise to my friends... Never buy tickets or services from this company. I bought a ticket from OneTravel, but then had a problem and was always receiving emails from CheapOair https://www.facebook.com/cheapoair/, https://www.onetravel.com. The thing is they had a problem with my payment method (credit card that works for everything except their site) and sent me an email about that asking to get in contact either by email or telephone. Because I was traveling I sent them an email about this including other phones where they could contact me... After my email I received a ticket asking not to purchase other flights because my tickets MIGHT have been issued and they were not going to reimburse the money. Ok, I was fine with that since I had no reply to my email from them about payment problems.

After that, 2 days before the trip, I received an email from them saying that the ticket was CANCELED AT MY REQUEST!!! I called to let them know that I contacted them by email with no reply and they offered a ticket. Some 320 dollars more expensive or similar prices for OTHER DATES... I had to buy similar flights in another website at 300 dollars more than the original reservation and sent them an email complaining and asking them to take responsibility of this since they asked me to get in contact by email or phone (as stated in their email), I did do so by email and THEY NEVER ANSWERED...

I had two supervisors getting in contact by email and phone telling me they were going to review the situation until one day. They stopped answering emails and it is impossible to contact those supervisors by phone. If I try their phone number, I get CS agents that know nothing about this. So, as much as I buy a lot of air tickets, reserve hotels, etc... Will stay away from ONETRAVEL and CHEAPOAIR and will do as much as possible so others do not have this terrible experience. They do not even mind giving you and answer on this claim... #worstservice #Cheapoair #Onetravel

We purchase 7 tickets from and we ask for ANA airline. But they connect our flights with United Airline that we did not ask them. Also we request we need a flight that we can carry two luggage because we are going back home after 11 years. It's hard to carry one luggage with kids. Now we are paying extra for extra luggage. We did talk to them and they said "we will check the recording & we will call you back." And they gave us the day they will call us. No one called and then we called back and they repeat the audio the they we were asking price & everything. We will never buy a ticket from this site. That's why people check the reviews before they buy ticket - that thing I did not do before. Very, very bad experience.

I bought 3 tickets on this websites and then changed my mind to cancel them. I called to them and had very terrible service. The servicer has very poor english. It was hard to communicate with him. And, most unacceptable is!!! My tickets were still there and after calling back lots of times and waiting tons of hours for getting response. It said that the tickets were non-refunded because it was over 4 hours. That was total the problem of the customer service. I did give the authorization and told him to cancel them clearly. They told me the phone was not effective in the end?

I had a very bad experience with booking my hotel with OneTravel. I went out to Indianapolis for my wedding not knowing they put me in a hotel where there was like 10 people smoking. It seems like they were gang bangers and prostitutes. There was 3 cars with broken windows. I had $3,000 dollar wedding rings and $1,000 cash and paper work. The hotel was trashed. So I look at the reviews and they were the worst. So I called back just to get another room. They said they have to cancel and refund my money in 14 days. Plus they have to re-book and pay again after they took $280 dollars. So now I have to wait for refund and pay another $300. I've called and called and talked to 10 people of all departments and they give me runarounds. My experience...do not travel with OneTravel or CheapAir. It's the same company out of New York. It's been 16 days and still no refund yet so I am going direct to corporate.

My husband spent HOURS on the phone with OneTravel working out details of our European flights. We finally came up with Virgin Atlantic tickets - though we had to make a stop that we wanted to avoid along the way. We were thrilled to fly Virgin Atlantic. Many of the airlines offer poor service and aren't accommodating to our child with special needs. Virgin has been one of the few exceptions. After booking the flights, we called Virgin to make arrangements for travel with our special needs traveler. Much to our horror, we discovered that the flights sold to us are Virgin Atlantic "operating" as Delta which is code for we are really flying Delta. What??? How does that happen? To sell a ticket on a flight masquerading as another airline entirely? 3 of our 4 flights are apparently set up this way. We are trying to follow up with this questionable practice.

DO NOT do business with this company!! We booked internal flights in Africa through them. When traveling from Rwanda to Kenya we were told our tickets were invalid because the two airlines were not partners. We called their "lack of customer service" and were treated like crap. We were told to take our issue up with the airline. The "service" agent refused to give us his name or let us speak to a supervisor and hung up. As a result we missed our connections and had to spend $12,000 o get home!!! We filed a complaint and 4 months later were told to take it up with the airline. The WORST and most expensive experience in traveling ever.

Booked a quick flight with OneTravel online when another company, JetBlue, changed my flight to a 4 or 5 hour layover. Only reason I got a refund from JetBlue was because they had no other option they could provide. I was lucky. These were non-refundable tickets. I booked w OneTravel online then to my horror saw ALL these negative reviews. Most are people complaining about trying to refund non-refundable tickets. But that is what they are! If not lucky you are stuck. That is told to you upfront. So the OneTravel experience and booking was fine, no problem, no hassle, and deserves a good review because it saved me money and a 4 or 5 hour layover! 5 stars happen!

Booked online. Was sent a confirmation email. Two days later, I received an email thanking me for cancelling my flight?! I had to call to determine what happened - which apparently is that your CC, address, and CVV is not sufficient and they have to call your bank for verification... Which, despite my AMEX being open 24/7, took them two days. I don't know if this is a lie or they're just THAT incompetent but either way... STAY AWAY.

Big time no no no deal what you save on so "good deal ticket". You will waste on countless hrs to deal with issues. Lot of them. In my case 121.60 overcharge for extra I did not order not authorized on. I'm in excess of 10hr into this issue and not resolved yet. When one get refunded 4 days later they charge again and you are there for another 10 hrs.

I recently tried to book my tickets from Australia to Cambodia. I usually use webjet or hopper to do so but this time I went for this so called travel agency. They havent been able to book my tickets for some reason. I had to call their customer service and after a long wait someone who barely spoke english took the call only to hang up on me after 30 seconds. Had to call again and provide them with extra information (webjet and hopper never has required that sort of information) so now they are contacting the bank. Moral of the story: JUST DONT BOOK YOUR TICKETS WITH THEM. Disgusting customer service and now Im stuck with them. Just hope they dont scam me.

I booked a flight to see my son in Phoenix, AZ. I needed to switch my flight from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm the same day and they wanted to charge me $500.00. I have a package that said I could cancel up to 24 hours ahead of my departure. I asked if I could do this and they told me there would be no refund. The people I spoke to had trouble speaking or understanding English. It was frustrating. Save your time and headache and stay away from these crooks!

I booked my 3 tickets for me and my 2 kids. The price on my receipt was not the same as what my credit card was charged... my credit card was overcharged and attempt to get this rectified was even more horrifying because customer service representative was rude. Could not transfer me to manager as per my request instead hang up me. Warning all good customers to NEVER use this Travel site. I ended being charged over limit fees on my credit card. Worst experience ever. Of all the travel sites I have used in the past onetravel.com is the WORST!! Lesson learnt. Will warn my friends and loved ones.

I bought 2 tickets online using OneTravel to go from Lisbon Portugal to Venice Italy. It was one of the biggest travel mistakes I have ever made. On Sep. 9 2016 we were scheduled to travel from Lisbon to Paris and then Paris to Venice Italy. The first leg of the trip operated by Vueling using Iberia airline was delayed by 3 hours leaving Lisbon. By the time we arrived in Paris we missed our connecting flight to Venice. We went to the Vueling customer service counter to get help with getting a new flight only to be told NO WAY it was NOT their responsibility to help. We bought the tickets with OneTravel. After many discussion with them we received nothing and had to buy 2 more tickets to fly from Paris to Venice.

I have made numerous calls to OneTravel and have not received any help from the customer service reps. (horrible service, limited English) at all only to be put on hold for long periods of time and no resolution. I have also called the airline more than once as I was told to do by OneTravel and the airline takes no accountability or responsibility... It's been a nightmare with no end to getting a refund. This website has to be shut down immediately.

The employee didn't know what they were doing. After every questions they had to verify with someone. Then I had to cancel my booking and cost me lot for no reason. When I ask what are these charges for she was confused again. I still didn't got the proper answer for anything and really not satisfied with these company. I paid $590 to this ** company and please let people know never ever use OneTravel. Other companies are way better than this.

Bought a ticket with travel insurance, could not cancel the ticket online and when I tried to cancel the customer support as not helpful and said I could not receive a refund. WORST experience, lost my money, would never go back.

Bought tickets with free cancellation. Tried to cancel and the online cancellation didn't work... then called to cancel and the tickets were non-refundable... ended up finding a better deal going straight through Delta. Will never use OneTravel again!!

I purchased my ticket from OneTravel 3 weeks ago. It was such a BIG AND EXPENSIVE mistake. Please pay attention when you are purchasing your ticket from internet so not to land on their website. I got my ticket $40 more than my friends for the same destination (Milan to Tirana). In addition they charged me $60 commission. IN ADDITION, $20 for each luggage at the airport!!! Total, my husband and I paid $140 more than our friends for the same destination. I will never ever purchase my ticket from OneTravel again...

August 26th found a hidden charge of 70 dollars on my charge card. When I called about it they informed me it was a booking fee. Operator told me I should have booked online. I told her I did book online. She then stated that there was nothing that could or would be done. I tried to explain that no one said there was a booking fee. They had put the charge in with taxes hoping I would not notice it. Will never use OneTravel again and will make sure all my travel buddies know about their ripping people off.

This terrible company issued two tickets under one name, MY NAME and I found out while traveling from BALI to HONG KONG!!! The airline made me buy another ticket for my GF --- never use them. They said it's my mistake even though I put her name on the website, checked in online, checked in at the counter and was not allowed on the plane when stepping in!!!

I booked a ticket for a co-worker and we found out after he landed in Chicago that there was a connecting flight there. Nowhere in his itinerary does it mention Chicago, picking seats for those flights, etc. Instead of it being one stop for international travel he now has an extra flight and layover that we didn't plan for. We will not be using this site again.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

OneTravel is a Pennsylvania-based travel website that was started in the mid-1990s.

• Newsletter: OneTravel uses a daily newsletter to keep its members updated on the latest deals.
  • Hotels: Travelers can find discounts at over 84,000 hotels.
  • International travel: OneTravel books hotels in and flights to countries all over the world.
  • Business class flights: Travelers can specify that they want business class flights so they can focus on options that match their needs.
  • Rewards: OneTravel members earn points that they can use to lower the prices of flights, hotel rooms and rental cars.
  • Best for International and budget travelers.

Compare Travel Sites