1.38/5
Based on 184 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

OneTravel is here to help you plan your next vacation. From flights to hotel, rental cars and cruises, OneTravel has it all for you to plan your trip. We offer not only domestic, but international flights as well with some of the most competitive prices in the market. When you book through OneTravel, you can rest assured that all of your travel needs will be taken care of. Contact us today and allow us to assist you in booking your next getaway!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 25, 2018

852 OneTravel Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 25, 2018

I have just booked a flight with OneTravel. I am in Canada and I booked a flight on a Canadian airline for a flight within Canada. Nowhere on the site did it mention US funds for this Canadian air travel. My credit card was billed in US funds and I of course paid MUCH more than I would have if I had booked directly with the airline. When I asked to execute the 24 cancellation only 30 minutes after I booked the flight I was told it would be $50 per passenger to cancel. When I asked to price match, they said they said they would not match the price due to the price being Canadian - of course I would have expected the exchange rate with a fee to be considered, but no... so I am stuck with tickets that cost over $100 more per ticket than I would have paid if I had booked directly with the airline. OneTravel is out to get you.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2018

We used OneTravel to book our airfare. I needed to make a change, no customer service, online online. I made the request online, few weeks later they came back with a recommendation that didn’t work. The choices were accept the change or decline the change and pay the administrative fee. Well turns out the administrative fee is $175 US. Then it says a customer service agent will call you. They never did and never replied to my email to call me. Horrible horrible.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I made trip reservations to go south for a few weeks this winter and purchased the trip protection plan. I asked the salesperson what this protection covers and they told me 100 percent of the cost provided it was a covered reason. I was told this by other agents as well. Well my luck changed as I needed to have some surgery and it was to be done on the day after we were to fly out. Saying to myself that purchasing this insurance was a good idea. What a nightmare it turned out to be. I had to file a claim with all the documents which I did.

They only covered about half the amount I spent on the trip. I had the booking company telling me it should be 100% coverage but also had the insurance provider telling me it only covers the airfare. I had them telling me you need to get in touch with the booking company and the other telling me you need to get in touch with the insurance provider. I've been back and forth with them both for over 2 months. The last call to the booking company they told me a manager will call me back in 2 hours! It's been 2 days! Try to call there and talk to the same person, never happen! If you are buying a trip protection plan, ask them the full details of the plan and to also send you an email with the plan. Good Luck!

Original review: March 29, 2018

When dealing with this third party travel booking site, you will find the absolute cheapest air fares. BUT Beware! They will not bother to tell you that you will be paying hidden charges. I am ashamed to say that it took three vacation bookings to realize how you are not really getting what you paid them for. I was attracted to their very reasonable cancellation insurance. I suppose I never took the time to read all the fine print. I see on the blog -847 complaints about OneTravel - that the insurance they offer is not worth pointing off the agreement- as they Never honor the agreement. My first bad experience was the first airline booking with Sata Air. The four travelers paid $55 to OneTravel to book our four seats on the plane. When we checked in our seats had never been reserved and we forced to take terrible seats in the back of the aircraft. When we attempted to contact OneTravel seeking a refund, this group would never respond to our e-mails.

The next trip - in March 2018, we got apparently very good airfares through TAP Airline. However, when we checked in, we had to pay an additional $125 per checked bags ($440 each way for the four travelers) even though the information supplied by the OneTravel website regarding luggage on TAP indicated the first checked bag was free. The Tap check-in people told us the carry-ons and the first checked bag are free for normal passengers, but not for those who purchased discounted fares through a third party travel agency. They also told us that our third party ticket provider was obligated to inform us that the luggage was an additional charge; they provided us receipts for our luggage charge, so we could seek a refund from our OneTravel ticket provider. We have sent our complaint to OneTravel and they have never responded! It appears we may have to go through the court to get results or at least a response from this operator.

The other couple traveling with us, had booked a hotel for two night on our way home to extend their vacation. But early in the vacation, they experienced a medical emergency that made the vacation extension impossible. They advised OneTravel by E-Mail of their situation, cancelling the booking and asking to be refunded. OneTravel did not cancel the booking nor respond to their e-Mail. They are very frustrating to deal with- their contact phone numbers listed on the website does not work from Portugal. I hope this report will help others from being duped by this deceptive travel provider.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I had booked a flight home from the Philippines. I was looking at my receipt as pictured and it says make sure your name is exactly as it is on your passport or to have to call and have it fixed if it is incorrect. Mind you the only thing wrong was my middle name was abbreviated. So I call the customer service and they told me they can't change it and I have to pay $250 for cancellation and I had to purchase another ticket for $1150. I will never book with this company again. They will rip you off any chance they get.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Onetravel.com?

Original review: March 22, 2018

“SKETCHY” doesn’t even begin to describe this company!!! We had a family emergency in Puerto Rico right after Hurricane Maria. As soon as we heard the airport was re-opening we went online to book our flight. Onetravel came up with what we thought was the best price. Unfortunately we booked through them. It took us several times of putting in our credit card info to only have the next screen come up that said “that flight is no longer available”. Of course every single time it happened the price kept rising. We finally got one to go through. We THOUGHT we were good. We got our email confirmation right away only to find they changed the dates on us. Our dates were NOT flexible.

We immediately called and spoke with an agent. She told us she could change us to the correct dates for an additional $163. We asked to just cancel the flight. She told us she could cancel the flight for us but there are no refunds. So much for their “Book with confidence” slogan! You can book with confidence, they will cancel you if you need to within their 24 hours, but don’t expect them to refund your money!!!! The girl asked what we wanted to do. Our choices were cancel the flight and lose our $400+ that we already paid OR pay the $163 charge to change to the correct date.

This all happened within 16 MINUTES!!! It's not like it was the next day. It was SIXTEEN MINUTES. Oh and like others have said…Beware of their extra charges. This $450 ticket ended up costing us over $800 once they added all their fees on there. This company is a TOTAL SCAM. Don’t get sucked in. Spend the extra $50 up front from a reputable company. Trust me it will save you a LOT of money and headaches in the future!!!

Original review: March 19, 2018

We book a flight for a friend but he had a family emergency so he had to get off that plane. That travel insurance is a ** scam... They will deny you and never give you a credit for the damn ticket. Never booking a ticket again ever. Y'all are wasting your money if you book a ticket and travel insurance. They make you wait a ** month to "review " but end up denying anyway. Family and friends never booking from this place. I have 2 words for this place. ** YOU.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I purchased flight insurance on a flight in order to make sure that I was able to cancel it if I needed to. The flight cost was 650 dollars, insurance was 60 dollars. The flight cost me 180 to cancel from the airline according to their policy, then OneTravel charged me an additional 250 to cancel. Purchasing the travel insurance was a complete waste. I will never buy from this company again.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I booked a ticket on 03/13/2018 for my husband to travel on 03/14/2018. Firstly upon booking the price offered $1,899 was not that which was finally charged of $2,089 which was apparently hidden charges. I should have been weary from then. We received two confirmation emails with payment details and even gate changes was forwarded to us on the morning of the flight. My husband then arrives at the counter for check in to be told that the ticket was not issued by the company.

I immediately got on the phone to this PHONY company and was told that the ticket was in fact not issued contrary to the emails I had in my possession. No other contact was made to indicate there was a problem with this booking ahead of my call. Whilst on the phone with this PHONY company they then send an email saying the airline did not issue the ticket?! And the flight is now closed!!! And they can offer another seat on the same 'closed flight' but at an extremely higher cost!!! I declined and asked that they confirm whether the payment was in fact deducted seeing that they never issued the ticket and was told that they had not taken the payment.

I then called my credit card provider to be told that the PAYMENT WAS IN FACT TAKEN BY THIS PHONY COMPANY. I called back again and shouted at them to then receive an email whilst still on the phone with them that the booking was cancelled and that the payment would be returned. I then asked to speak to the booking payments department who then says that they never took the payment contrary to what my card provider stated and that it will be released and returned. I of course called my card provider again to ensure that this will be done and will call again later on to confirm this action. THIS IS THE WORSE COMPANY EVER AND THEY NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN FOR FRAUD!!!

Original review: March 14, 2018

I also had a terrible experience with them. Booking a flight with them revealed a host of unanticipated hidden costs which made me very suspicious of them immediately after confirming a reservation - which the website said I have 24 hours to cancel. I decided to cancel and then uncovered another barrage of conditions and costs associated with canceling. I finally canceled and lost money on the deal, and am not certain I will actually get my refund. I learned a lesson not to use these online cheap ticket deals, and wish I had a better venue to alert other unsuspecting travelers of our experience. I see lots of other disgruntled and scammed travelers among reviewers.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Had to pay to change name on tickets the day before check-in. Was told the airline charges $60/ticket and without the change we would not be permitted on our flight. What can one do but agree? I then got an email from the airline with the change costing 20 Euro (which is about $25). I was clearly told by the agent the cost was $60 from the airline. They lied to me. They had my middle name with my wife's name, that was the issue. I have my suspicion I did not make that error myself when I booked on their website, but I can't prove that. Will never use them again.

Resolution response: March 15, 2018

This was more of a mis-understanding. I had booked the tickets but the records did not reflect properly on the one travel website and the charges also did not show on the card. But, after my first review I got a call from onetravel and they told me that things are good on their side and the booking is confirmed. updating my review and rating after that. hopefully no new issue arise later on.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I booked 2 return tickets for my sister and her husband and these guys confirmed the tickets and charged my card. A few days later, the flights are canceled for no apparent reason and these guys had no shame in not even informing us. This is the worst kind of experience, I have ever seen from an online travel agency.

Original review: March 9, 2018

We booked a vacation package with OneTravel and shortly thereafter got an email stating that our credit card was declined. No way! Checked with the credit card company and card was not declined. Called OneTravel and was told that the hotel part of the package had increased $800. Do you authorize that charge? NO! We ended up checking Orbitz and it was about $30 more so we booked the vacation with them. A couple days later I find out that OneTravel charged me for the airline part of my trip. They are now trying to tell me that they cannot refund me. I thought my credit card was declined so how did that go through? They have NO idea. Luckily, I can just dispute the charges with my credit card company and show them the letter that says they declined the charges, which they didn't!

Original review: March 8, 2018

I think his name was Tyler. He had the patience of Job with my wife on Monday evening. He had to repeat the same information to her at least 10 times. A good salesperson. I just hope we made the right decision by flying into Ft. Lauderdale instead of Miami. The money we are saving on the flight we have to pay in shuttle transfers to the Port of Miami from Ft. Lauderdale.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I purchased airline tickets from this company and unknowingly when I booked my flights for my ENTIRE FAMILY 6 tickets total I also agreed to a “cheaper flight option” where they will email you cheaper flights around the dates you booked to get you the lowest rate and your flight will be changed to that instead of what you originally booked and you receive an email and you must decline that alternate cheaper flight within 24 hours. I have never heard of this or was aware that was a possibility so was not checking for any email notifications for this and received several emails a day with deals they have so this email went unnoticed to me. I went to print out my airline tickets since I was supposed to be leaving in two weeks for our vacation. I then realized the date on the tickets was not the dates I had booked. Both departing and returning flights were different and I was changed to a one day flight returning the next day.

When I contacted this company and spoke to several representatives all of which barely spoke English and were very difficult to understand I was informed I unknowingly agreed to this “cheaper flight” option and that I could possibly change the dates to what I originally booked with a 200.00 change fee and the ticket difference fee which averaged in total to 5,000.00 along with what I originally paid for the tickets...

With that being said there were also no available flights for the dates I needed since we were going on a cruise in between the flights. They told me there was no possibility for a refund whatsoever even with the circumstances. I now am out 1700.00 and have no flights and I had to cancel my entire family vacation because of this which was paid for as well. This company is a scam and NO ONE SHOULD EVER GO THROUGH THEM! You will get taken advantage of and their customer service is appalling!!! I’m out so much money because of this company and just devastated as well as disgusted.

Original review: March 4, 2018

I purchased two tickets on OneTravel. A month before my flight, I received an email saying my flight was cancelled. After calling the company multiple times, being passed from agent to agent, filling out three refund requests a month later I still haven't received a refund!!! Do not book with this airline, you're just throwing money out the window.

Original review: March 2, 2018

Extremely sketchy company. Hidden $75 fee not clearly stated on the website when all major online travel agencies allow FREE 24 hour cancellation as do all travel agencies. Absolutely will never use OneTravel again. They use fraudulent business practices and make cancellation as difficult as possible: you must call, then you are placed on hold, then you must receive an email with a password, and then give that password to the person over the phone.

Original review: March 1, 2018

Everything was simple enough and the site supplied a lot of options to choose from. One thing stood out was the extra charge for seat selection on PenAir.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

Booked a flight from Stavanger, Norway to Zurich Switzerland on December 26th 2017 for travel in June 2018. While on holiday in January I received a notification of a flight change. When I returned home I checked the original flight, which was still available only for $350 more. When I contacted OneTravel they were very vague. So I asked for a refund so I could reschedule my flight. Now get this. They said the refund will take from 30 to 60 days. OneTravel is located in Las Vegas.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

This was the most horrid experience. Their business model is BAIT AND SWITCH. You spend time picking out flights (be careful because they might have switched your dates) and then when you click on buy tickets, the price goes up $200. You call them and you get persons with heavily accented English who speak very fast. They tell you one thing and then all of a sudden they tell you something else. I found the same exact flights directly through American Airlines for more than $200 less. They are not to be trusted. Use them, if you like, to find flights but then call the airlines DIRECT!!!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I booked a flight when I saw the sign said "24 hour cancellation", then I found a problem that caused me to cancel after 10 hours. Guess what happened, they charged me $75 per person for processing fee. I objected and told them, "You did not mention it in your website," they said it is written 24 hour cancellation with a fee. I searched again and again, it was a total lie; it never and nowhere says with a fee. It is dishonest and is not acceptable.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I paid about $900 US for my ticket and due to health problems I had to cancel my ticket. To make the story short, they only refund me $200 they kept all the money and I don't know how this fraudulent company is still in business. They charged me for seat assignment that I never ordered and they charged it twice and I will not be travelling, they are a scam. They are operating just to rip off customers.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I booked a 2 flight to go to away for a wedding. When got to the airport there was a mix up and the flight was booked backwards so instead of leaving from Canada my flight was booked to leave from Jamaica. They would not change any of the flight even asked if they could just change the dates of my return flight and I’ll pay to rebook the second way. The people said to me, "Ma'am your 1000 dollars is gone so you should just give it up." I’m a student. I can’t afford to just rebook flights on the spot. After hours of arguing I had to just book a new flight for both of us so we Could make it for the wedding. They will not give me any assistance just keep telling me to forget it and to make matters worse they charged me twice for that trip and now being on my trip I can’t even use my card because it’s beyond my limit maxed out.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I booked a flight 5 months in advance. Because of a change in business plans, I had to change my itinerary. The changes took place 5 months before the flight. I was told there would be a $175 fee to change the flight. The fee was nearly 50% of the ticket price. I can understand a 5% or 10% fee. I wasn't able to cancel the ticket either. Their customer service was absolutely no help. Stay away from OneTravel! I feel totally ripped off.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Worst experience. I book the ticket for India. After booking couple of hours I want change the date, he says pay the cancellation fees and price diff, but site show same fare and he demand me $250 plus cancellation fees. Very bad experience.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Worst experience... I booked a flight for 71 USD and within an hour realized I made a mistake. In order to change the flight I had to pay for a new flight and then wait for a refund on the previous. To cancel you get a refund, but pay a 50 USD fee!!! I just paid 50 dollars to this site!!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

It's my first time with this agency and I'd to give out warning. So far, I've heard this crook is running two traveling agencies, another one is the "Cheap..." I called to book three seats for myself and children in advance for summer out-of-country. It was seven months in advance thinking it would be cheaper. It was so hard to understand that lady on the phone. From the very first day that I paid, the tickets online would show two seats confirmed and one seat "pending." Two months had passed, They emailed me to ask if I could change the flight. I was okay with that thinking everything appeared to be the same.

Then I went on their responded email to check the new tickets from the new flight only to find that one of the seats was still "pending", except this time its email linked to the "suggested seats selections". I selected thinking it would be like other airlines that would offer these steps after payment. After clicking to select the seats, the page went on to include the selection fee right away. I was pissed so called the agency and asked why our ticket status was still "pending" and what's up with the seats.

The lady with heavy Indian Accent told me that to get it confirmed I need to pay extra $60 something. I was so angry but went on and asked of how much it would be for the cancellation fee. The lady said it would be @200 each and I was supposed to pay upfront to them right away, and then I had to wait for the refund from them for another cycle of credit card. I told her this whole ordeal was just a ripoff. She asked if I had any more questions, I said yes but I would email to them so that I could make a case later on. I emailed right away, and the answer came in another day that all of my seats were confirmed but I would need to contact the Airline myself to confirm. How about that?!! Anyway, please go somewhere else or book through your trusted agency or the airlines directly.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

On Feb 2, I booked two rt tickets on United to Florida for myself and my husband through CheapOAir/OneTravel. I was prompted in the process to pick my seats, which is standard when booking flights, and I selected standard seats - no upgrades. I then bought travel insurance for $27.90 and then completed the charge to my visa card. Immediately, the ticket charge was posted to my account for the tickets (448.00). At the same time, another charge was made to my visa account for $91.80 with no description or explanation for the charges.

After several very frustrating phone calls over the next 24 hours with OneTravel "customer service" agents (not so much), all who were extremely difficult to understand and not helpful in providing any kind of explanation (annoyingly polite but clearly not there to help), I was able to finally discover on my third call today what was included in the mysterious charge of $91.80: $26.70 for travel insurance (check), $19.90 for "enhanced seat selection"!!! (I simply picked a standard seat when I was promoted to do so with no indication of a surcharge), and finally a $70 "service charge" for booking the tickets online through OneTravel! I was reminded by the agent, however, that I had been given a "generous" discount of $26.00 off the service charge so in fact I only paid $44 for the privilege of booking online with "NotSoCheapO" Air.

I tried to cancel the charge for my "enhanced seat choice" but after the agent kept me on hold for five minutes he came back to let me know that charge was non-refundable. The long and short of it is that I feel ripped off and scammed all at the same time. The only additional charge I was made aware of was the travel insurance - the other two charges were never mentioned during the selection process nor at the time of making the final purchase. I called United and they said had I made my reservation through them directly there would have been no online service charge nor a charge for routine seat selection. I have never run into such a duplicitous and fraudulent online travel service as OneTravel. They should be sued and put out of business. I would recommend that no one ever use them - I certainly will not and will urge everyone I know to avoid them like the plague.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I only gave them one star because I had no choice otherwise I wouldn't have even given them a half star. I was not informed over the phone of a 50$-75$ cancellation charge until I called back to cancel the booking due to my credit card company rejecting the charge on my card thinking it was a fraudulent attempt, so I booked another flight with a different credit card.

They made a second attempt to charge my credit card a short time later that went through that time but still showed up as separate charges (1 from the airline) (2 from OneTravel). When I spoke to a supervisor he just kept going around and around about my checking the box on their website and saying that how their company works. I didn't book a flight in the website because the seat sold out before I could complete the transaction and they phoned me back to "help me out". Stay away from this company and their shady business practice of keeping information from you until it's too late. Save the hassle, money, time and book through the airline directly.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I was only trying to purchase flights because I thought I had found a good deal. After hours on the phone and it started 5 minutes after I filled out the credit card info to pay for an order. I will highly recommend you trying somewhere else for your travel needs. I have heard that this company is also owner of another company called cheap travel or cheap airline. Crooks I tell you... Crooks.

Onetravel.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

OneTravel is a Pennsylvania-based travel website that was started in the mid-1990s.

• Newsletter: OneTravel uses a daily newsletter to keep its members updated on the latest deals.

• Hotels: Travelers can find discounts at over 84,000 hotels.

• International travel: OneTravel books hotels in and flights to countries all over the world.

• Business class flights: Travelers can specify that they want business class flights so they can focus on options that match their needs.

• Rewards: OneTravel members earn points that they can use to lower the prices of flights, hotel rooms and rental cars.

• Best for: International and budget travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs