OneTravel

I didn't realize I was booking through OneTravel because of the way I entered my query for a flight. But anyway, I did it. Come to find out (later that day), their flight was WAY more expensive than I could get if I booked from the airline's website (which I thought I was on to begin with). They are horrible... Wanted to charge me $100 to cancel... That's what they call a "nominal charge". I got them down to $50, but I plan to let everyone know every chance I get. DON'T USE THESE CROOKS.

If I could rate this lot zero stars, I would. Booked a flight in the UK on Saturday, received email confirmation. Thursday morning they send me an email saying my flight has been cancelled, None of the numbers for customer service work from Australia. I'm concerned as they tell me it can take four weeks for the refund to appear in my account. Check my credit card account to find the payment never came out in the first place, for which I count myself decidedly lucky. Gonna call the card company now to ensure it never does. Ripoff merchants, a total scam. Keep away.

This guys are very bad with their service. They charge you very high for cancellations of your ticket. They charge you hidden charges when you cancel and the customer support will not tell you this. They double charge you if you want to change your ticket, they will double charge you without telling you over the phone, and they will still charge you for changing and charge you higher than the regular price for the new ticket. They are the worst website I have ever seen. DON'T BOOK FROM THEM!!

I booked a flight and bought insurance with them. The flight was cancelled, they said would not help or even honor the insurance policy that I bought with them. Do not give them any money or any business, they are liars and thieves. They are no help and are very rude.

Got into the ugliest service with this company. Had to call 4 time to get my itinerary changed back to normal waiting times (not 28 hours for a single layover). When calling the third time to find out if they took care of the change I got the answer that the airline is not working during the day (Pacific time) so I have to call in 4 day to check again if they were able to confirm the ticket... Insane - the ticket was purchased 7 months ago and confirmed. In just 2 weeks before the flight back they are telling me that they don't have the confirmation for me and are replying with the "excuse" that the airline is not working during the pacific daytime. I had to "fight" with them for a week to get the ticket confirmed with just 7 days before the flight back... Ohh yes and something with a flavor at the end... For some reason all their Indian call center personnel have English names, really?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Onetravel.com?

I thought that I had purchased 6 tickets, at least that what I was told by the heavy accent agent and was waiting for the confirmation. Instead I received a notice stating they were having technical difficulties and the prices went up $300. I hit the roof after spend 2 hours on the phone with them. I felt this was a scam and canceled my credit card. Unnecessary and wasted time. Don't mess with these people no matter what you do!!!!

Crooks. Thieves. Scum. I fell for the oldest dishonest trick on the internet. I Googled the name of the airline company I wanted to purchase a ticket from. I wanted www.mokuleleairlines.com. When I got the list from Google, I clicked on the very first link which happened NOT to be the link for the airline's official website, but a OneTravel link that was disguised with the name of the airline company I wanted (www.mokulele-airlines.onetravel.com). Long story short, I ended paying $40 (28% more) through OneTravel. All this time I thought I was making my transaction on the Mokulele Airlines official website.

OneTravel's website advertised "24 hour cancellations", leading me to believe it was going to be free had I have to cancel. When I noticed I felt like an idiot, I called to cancel, but they wanted a $50 cancellation fee. (The fine print that I had not read before buying my tickets says that cancellations within four hours get a coupon for another purchase through OneTravel, and between 4 and 24 hours, the cancellation fee is $50). By the way, when you call customer service, they answer as "Cheapoair", so I bet you Cheapoair.com is another bull crap third party with crooks trying to steal from you.

I heard a lots about OneTravel bad service but it's my mistake that I booked my ticket again by Onetravel. Last week I was in Macau and I booked my ticket by onetravel. They sent me the booking confirmation. Also called me in the morning for credit card confirmation. Later when I went to the airport the airlines said "your ticket is not issued by Onetravel. Please call them." When I called Onetravel they said "sorry your ticket is cancelled" without any email or message in advance. Worst service I ever seen.

I used OneTravel to book flights between Germany and Canada. I was really happy with the service that I was provided with. The colleagues that I worked with were very attentive and made sure that every detail was looked after. It was a very personable experience and will definitely book with them again!!

So annoyed. NEVER book your tickets off 'OneTravel.com'. Such bad customer service and they rip you off. Fricking pissed. First of all, they don't show you the conversion rates from US To CAD. And they take out more $ from your bank than the confirmation says. I called them many times and they put you on hold or are rude and are no help. They won't match with other sites. I told them I'm not satisfied for the overcharge and they said nothing they can do about it. In addition, I wanted my departure and return flight from same airport!! Obviously right??? Toronto Pearson is where I would arrive at. I didn't want my return flight from Hamilton. To switch it they charged me $45. I've never had so many problems with an agency before. Couldn't even say sorry or give me the dates or times I planned and wanted!!!

Booked an airline flight and this company changed the flight date without my knowledge or consent and after I hit the "BOOK FLIGHT" button, I noticed the date had been changed to two days earlier. Immediately, I contacted them and told them that the date needed to be changed and they said that would be an extra 159.00. I told them to just cancel the flight and I would re-book on my own and they said it would cost 99.00 to cancel.

After several unsuccessful phone calls and waiting over 30 minutes on hold for each, I was greet by Indian-accented persons all of whom were incredibly rude. The charge for the undesired flight went through my Paypal account and has not been refunded in spite of finding several mentions on their website regarding refunds. Stay as far away from this rip-off as possible!

I should have read the reviews 1st! They are all about ripping people off! I was told there is no charge to change the date on the ticket IF we called within 24 hrs but they still charged us $50. Later we had to change the return date & they wanted to charge us over $450 when I could have gotten a round trip ticket thru another airline for a bit over $300! The guys I spoke with over the phone were rude! Heavy Indian accent. No customer service skills. Hung up on me when I said I will complain to BBB. Please save yourself from headache and wasting money & avoid this company!!

I'm very angry with OneTravel. In my last trip to Venezuela, in October 2016, I bought a insurance trip... In Venezuela I was on the hospital when I called for this insurance. The machine told me that your company will call me in two days, and NEVER I received a call. So, this stupid insurance is a FRAUD. In a few month ago, I bought my ticket to Lima Peru, after Onetravel sent me and email for change my itinerary... I answered saying "NO ACCEPT CHANGE." After I called to Onetravel and the guy there told me that Onetravel will call me in 72 hours Onetravel NEVER called me. When I call for JetBlue for know about my itinerary, Onetravel changed my schedule without my consent. For those inconveniences without respect and consideration, I don't will buy any tickets with Onetravel. I know, Onetravel and CheapOair are the same company.

Purchased two tickets on 8/17/16. Canceled one day later, and was promised a refund via email in the sum of $714.42. It is now 2017, Jan 29th, and still only received $185.22. Promised another $264.60 to be refunded to my card "in two weeks". If this happens (I have no faith in them at all), they still owe me another $264.60. Experts at passing the buck. Please investigate this company. They should not be in business. Please, as consumers, AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE.

I was getting ready to book a flight on their website, when I noticed that the price kept going up as I was entering my information, to the tune of more that $100 over what it showed initially. I called the company, and got some fast talking man from another country who said that the price was going up due to high volume of interest in the tickets I was trying to purchase. Charleston to Manchester NH with a stop in Philadelphia, really? Luckily, I realized that something was wrong and stopped payment through the credit card company. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS. They don't deserve any stars, but that's not an option here. Stay away from One Travel.com!

Once we booked our travel arrangements circumstances dictated a change. They fought the change very hard. Started by trying to charge $200 for the change. They reduced it to $50. They said it would take one to two months to receive refund. It has been three months and still no refund but they took my $50 real fast. Call to follow up they said they processed the request last month. Two months after they took my $50. Requested a refund early November. Middle of January still no refund.

I had to cancel my flight. Unfortunately, they charge to cancel flights within 4 hours of booking! I know that other sites such as Expedia that has a 24 hour cancellation refund. The customer service was terrible. Hardly can understand them due to loud background noises and heavy accents. I also noticed that the promo codes (offered on their front web page or Facebook page) are a hook, a way to make people think they are getting a discount when in reality it is the same price for that same flight on Priceline or Expedia with no coupon code needed. I recommend booking directly with the airline. Avoid OneTravel!

I searched online for a round trip plane ticket and found their website had a good price and flights to and from the airport I wanted to travel from. I was offered preferred seating upgrades for a fee which I chose and finished my booking. The following day I received an email stating my seats weren't guaranteed and I needed to call them. Well this set off three days of phone calls, runaround, transfers misinformation and so far only the tax on the seat charge has been refunded.

Day three they told me that my money had already been sent to American Airlines for seating and I should contact AA. So guess what, another round of phone calls, hold time and then AA finally confirmed that they only received my plane reservation for ticket price only, no upgrade seats were deposited to them. So then I had to call AGAIN to OneTravel and speak to yet another person who transferred me to someone else and now says that I should receive a full credit in 1-2 billing cycles? What a joke. The money I may have saved using their site was been spent 5 times over trying to get them to give my money back. DO NOT book thru this website. Nightmare and stress since I pushed the button to purchase!

Used OneTravel to book a flight on Friday to fly from Orlando to Hamilton Ontario the next weekend. Waited to the next day and no e-ticket had being emailed. Called Sat and was told the flight had been cancelled my bank credit card had refused payment. Then he told me I could rebook under same booking but would have to pay an extra $50 (the flights had gone up). Told him how upset I was he brought the price down a bit. He also said that he would transfer me to customer service so they could authenticate my credit card while I was on the phone. So I went for it. He transferred me. The agent did his thing then told me the charge went through and I would be emailed e-ticket in about 1 hour. 3 hours later no e-ticket so I called back in they told me it would take 6 hours.

There were other calls that I also made to this company that were transferred to nowhere. One transfer I was asked for a password and pin every agent seems to have a different story to tell. Also it was strange that when I talked to customer service to authenticate my charge card I asked if he wanted the info again he told me he already had it. I think it was a scam to get more money out of me. There was no reason the first time the charge couldn't have gone through. All said and done I called my credit card company to see if the charge had went through and it hadn't so I told my bank my card was lost so OneTravel could not charge my card and I went with Kayak. Had my ticket in 10 minutes. Please don't give yourself the aggravation using this company. Go with someone else. It's not worth the hassle when you're going on vacation.

Horrible! Do not use this company! Surprised they are in business. They should be investigated! I booked airline tickets through them and I thought they were trying to help me by assigning me seats on Spirit Airlines, but when Spirit said the seat assignment didn't go through, Spirit did it for me. Guess what? One Travel billed me anyway and REFUSED to issue me a refund! So I got billed twice! One Travel's customer service is horrible. Many can't even speak clear English and did very little to fix my situation! Never again! DO NOT USE!

After my spouse received a letter with the bait of 2 planes tickets to anywhere USA, and two nights in any Marriott hotel... I called. They are selling nothing? Wrong: they wish to sign you up for a discount travel club, otherwise known as a timeshare perhaps? On the phone they say I only need to be married, and make over 50 K per year... which I do. THEN they have other questions to ask... (so I am already lied to). I ask if there will be a sales pitch... they say only a 90 minute presentation to compare their costs as a travel agency to the costs of other travel agencies. I ask what travel agency, and am told "itravel".

Later I look up itravel and yes, they have a site... no phone number, and when I try to send them an email via their contact page: "Cannot find valid hostname for mail session" come back to me. Doing a search on Travel expo I get: ** so read that. It appears to be the same folks, using diff names. The so called value of "$1,288.00" is the commonality that is indisputable. This is an apparent scam... and they have bad reviews under a diff name.

I went online to book my ticket thru OneTravel. I specifically asked for DCA airport (Washington-Reagan) airport. It gives me the different airline prices and times. I select the one that suits my travel time with a stopover in Charlotte, NC. The site takes my credit card information and states that I will get a confirmation from American Airlines for the ticket I just booked. I never received a confirmation email from American Airlines. I receive my travel itinerary two days prior to my travel and check the details. It tells me for baggage that I can check 1 bag "free" and have a "free" carry on.

When I get to the counter American Airlines says my one bag will be $25 dollars. Then they book my connecting flight in Charlotte, NC 30 minutes apart from the time we landed, except for our flight got held up at the gate so we had to wait and depart by steps and then walk to get inside the terminal and my gate was completely on the opposite end. When I arrived at the gate stated on the ticket, the gate was changed and by the time I arrived at the other concourse they had boarded and close the door. With Delta, I get the notifications via text and email IMMEDIATELY. OneTravel also charged my card an additional $24 for I guess using their site. I will never use OneTravel again, I'm running back to Delta and will gladly pay the ticket price. American Airlines was not great on service anyway!

I booked an airline reservation through OneTravel and the price quoted was $609.74. When I checked my account I was Charged $927 and there were 6 separate charges including the initial ticket fee. When I contacted their "Customer Support" I was given the runaround and they said I chose Premium seats on the airlines. What exactly is a PREMIUM seat on an economy flight? I told them they were refunding the added $300 dollars and was hung up on. I will follow this review with the BBB to get these scam artists closed down.

I had a flight around Christmas. It was canceled by a low cost carrier 6 hrs. before departure. OneTravel did not notify me. I drove 2 hrs. each way to the airport and spent 45 minutes at the airport on shuttles and discussing the problem with the low cost carrier. It was stated that the middle man (OneTravel) should have contacted me. I waited 5 days to see if I would get a refund. I called and was left on hold 30 minutes then disconnected. The CSR had my telephone number but did not call me back. I sent an email complaining about my situation.

This is what OneTravel said in response. "We apologize for the inconvenience that may have been caused to you. We would like to inform you that we have checked our records and found that we have not received any notification from the airlines in regards to cancellation. However, if there is any unavoidable factor such as weather, equipment breakdowns, or crew issues that can interfere the schedule/operation, airlines do not hesitate to delay or cancel a flight rather than compromising the safety of our passengers and crew. We would like to inform you that we have forwarded the refund request to our waivers team to contact the airlines for refund. However, the refund is not guaranteed as the final decision will be taken by the airlines. Please allow us 10-15 working days to receive a reply from the airlines. In regards to payment, if want to the change the mode of refund kindly contact our billing department to change the mode of payment."

Very bad response on insurance. My friend had a death in the family and they told me I have to submit a death certificate to get the money back. It's ridiculous. Customer care person name was Louis. I hung up saying bye and he keeps calling me like three times in one minute leaving the voicemail that he will call in 5 minutes. Very bad experience. I am never coming back to it. I like Travelocity. I am sticking with it from now on. I have traveled multiple times with them. Why did I open this site. They paid my flight and hotel the same day. No hassle. But this site is the pain in the neck. Asking for a death certificate that is just too far.

Do yourself a favor and go straight to the airline/hotel you are booking. The price is the same, except that you are dealing with a company who is nothing but trouble. You'll wait on the phone forever, they will charge you for items when you even refuse them (such as refusing seat assignments for a fee, but they will charge the fee anyway), fees that are double what the airline may charge, and inconvenience of having refunds back. Customer service out of the country and good luck dealing with them if you have any issues to be resolved regarding your trip.

In 2006 I had the same experience in general others who gave one star had. I request a ticket, BWI to Newark, Newark to Paris, and the same airports on return. When my tickets arrived it was: BWI to Newark to Paris, and return was Paris to Newark, THEN JFK TO BWI. I was lied to repeatedly about what they claimed was my mistake and even when I scanned and faxed the emails they refused to change the tickets. I was finally called by a rep from OneTravel who refunded a car rental and insured me the two employees who were perpetual liars had been fired. So here everyone is six years later and I would not be surprised the two employees never left the company.

I don't know where to start about my bad experience with this crook OneTravel. Like many other consumers are asking here why this company is even allowed to exist or continue to do such a fraud business. What they are doing is a scam to honest consumers who are looking for a decent air ticket. And guess what they take advantage out of that.

My experience started when we booked an air ticket online (ONETRAVEL) to Mexico going thru Canada as a transit for couple hours and I called ahead of time if everything was fine and they said "you are good to go and well set for the trip" without mentioning that we needed a transit Visa to Canada. After we went to the airport the airline agent said "these people from ONETRAVEL are crook and their only goal is to sell you to the ticket online in anyway they can, so call them and let them know it is illegal to sell air tickets to passengers who are going to Mexico transiting thru Canada for couple hours without informing them that they need a transit visa."

I did talk to them 3 hours before the flight and they said at that time "sorry and we apologize for the inconvenience and we will either refund it or get you a voucher for your next trip". I have been waiting for three weeks after not answering phone calls and e-mails. I do not know what their shady billing department is ALL ABOUT? I finally got an e-mail saying sorry the airline declined for refund. Anyway, I will dispute the charges with my credit card because I consider this kind of business as a scam and fraud. WHAT A SHAME AND RIP OFF!!! Please stay away from them as much as you can.

I had an emergency, and I called my airline to change my ticket but since I bought it with this stupid agency, they needed to release it and a proof my changes, but they assure you that the airline will not give them permission to do any changes or refunds!!! BUT I DID CALL the AIRLINE FIRST OF ALL and they will!!! change it, adding some fees of course!!! BUT ONETRAVEL Agency is a scam!!! I should it read all the reviews before buying my ticket with them, THEY are awful!!! What a disappointment!!

This is the worse travel agency ever. I would not have my friends or family use this place at all. They charged us 300.00 more than was supposed to be. We took insurance out on the flight. Said we have to call the insurance people then we have to have medical papers before we can get our money back. This place is a RIP OFF!!! DO NOT USE THIS AGENCY...

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

OneTravel is a Pennsylvania-based travel website that was started in the mid-1990s.

• Newsletter: OneTravel uses a daily newsletter to keep its members updated on the latest deals.
  • Hotels: Travelers can find discounts at over 84,000 hotels.
  • International travel: OneTravel books hotels in and flights to countries all over the world.
  • Business class flights: Travelers can specify that they want business class flights so they can focus on options that match their needs.
  • Rewards: OneTravel members earn points that they can use to lower the prices of flights, hotel rooms and rental cars.
  • Best for International and budget travelers.

OneTravel Company Profile