1.34/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

OneTravel

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

OneTravel is here to help you plan your next vacation. From flights to hotel, rental cars and cruises, OneTravel has it all for you to plan your trip. We offer not only domestic, but international flights as well with some of the most competitive prices in the market. When you book through OneTravel, you can rest assured that all of your travel needs will be taken care of. Contact us today and allow us to assist you in booking your next getaway!

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 15, 2017

761 OneTravel Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Today, October 15 '17 I was supposed to fly to Holland to visit my dying father. When I checked in at Westjet I found out that I did not fill out part of my name from my Dutch passport on the itinerary. I called the travel agent OneTravel right away. They told me that there was no way they could change it and continued to convince me I had to cancel, so I could get part of the money back. I did give them permission to cancel my flight. Then he tried to push me into buying a new ticket right away, saying if I did not, I might not get any money back. When I went back to Westjet they couldn't do anything because the ticket number had some digits in front of it, indicating that only the travel agency could make changes. The travel agency promised to pay me $500us back from the $1025us and charge me $200us for the cancellation service. I can't afford to book a new trip. I wonder, have I been scammed by OneTravel?

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

The worst experience booking a flight ever. They charged my credit card for the flights for 3 people separately (which is fine) then there was an extra charge for $57 (fees?) on the site, then even on the checkout page, there was not an extra $57 to be charged. It was even charged at a different time. Then when we needed a simple name change... it was absolute hell. Call the airline directly for fights. It's the same deals. I absolutely do not recommend ever using OneTravel for any reason. The people on the other ends of the phone do not speak very good English and are downright rude. One person actually just placed the phone down on the desk and left me there. Then American Airlines ended up charging me $50 to do the name change anyways.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I'm very upset to discover that a roundtrip flight I've booked on September 9, 2017 was altered by company & now they refuses to cancel or refund me. I will be going to News networks & social media. I booked a flight for departure from Orlando, FL on Tues. 11/21/17 @ 8:10a to Philadelphia, PA with an arrival time of 10:33a. My return date was booked for Sun. 11/26/17 @ 6:15a & returning to Orlando approximately 8:45. Now this was made more than 2 mos in advance. On the morning of Sat. 10/14/17 around 10 am, my boyfriend asks, "honey, when are you leaving for Philadelphia again?" My response was "huum, let me check my confirmation!" So going into my saved emails, I opened for the first time my Booking Confirmation from One Travel. "What!" I said in shock. "How did this happen? I need to call right now & get this straight!"

To make a long story short & after several 5-10 min holds & tickets are non refundable, I threatened to go to social media & major news networks. The company called me back & offered to make changes for a $99 fee, I declined. I was put on hold again, then was quoted another fee of $45. I declined that as well & declared I am not paying for a scam you all are trying to run. After being placed on another hold, I was told someone would call me in 30 minutes. Instead I received an email stating to call them back in this matter. Another series of holds where now each rep I was speaking with was not customer service friendly. The last offer was "let me place you on hold while I work on changing the dates but there will be a charge for changing the times." Now I am here!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I wish I read these reviews before I booked with this company. I bought a plane ticket in the US and 5 min later I check Orbitz for exactly the same flight and it was $100 cheaper. I requested reimbursement of the difference for their price match policy and the guy told me the tickets are not "the same" because this ticket included one regular size carry on (no check in free luggage) when Orbitz only said a "small personal item". ** excuse! Never use them again!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

In my entire life this is the worst experience I've had. Booked tickets from Germany-Denmark-Zurich. Before I made the bookings I clearly spoke to one of their customer service and asked if it comes with check in baggage and she said yes!! So I continued the reservation but when I was at the airport the said airline (Air Berlin) told me that I ** need to pay €180 for my baggage because it doesn't comes with it knowing that the ticket I purchased is expensive already around $200 one way plus another €180 for my baggage I paid at the airport. Horrible! Horrible!

I tried calling the customer service and they denied to tell me that our conversation wasn't recorded and they cannot tell I called the CS the day I purchased my flight. So guys beware!!! Never ever book any flights with them! Soooo horrible!!! They choose who they will cater after you booked flights with them. The Manager told me he will give me a call in 2-3hrs and never! No calls at all!! Coward and unreliable people!!! Unbelievable!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Onetravel.com?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Two airlines were offered for a trip from Detroit to LA. It ended up being very confusing when adding luggage fees etc. After many phone calls we were told that all the "extras" seats & luggage needed to be placed at each of the two airlines separately. 2 hours later I still have no luggage paid for or seats. Very confusing & not one person at OneTravel could help us without charging us for that help. Now the trip is being offered at a lower rate. The two airlines that we booked were not helpful either as they both insisted that it needed to be taken care of online, or there would be a charge. OneTravel you have disappointed us with your service & made a trip of a lifetime start off as our nightmare.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Just booked a flight from San Juan to New York. They change the date on my search. Try to change the date and the site already booked my flight. Call customer service. According to them there are no flight available, that I believe is true, but when I told them I wanted to cancel the flight they told me was going to be 100 dollar cancellation fee. I canceled the flight. They charge my card $100 cancellation fee. Never going to use this guys again.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

We booked a flight late on last Friday night to Venice. I could swear it claimed 24 hour free cancellation, less than 10 hours later we changed our plans. They would cancel for $75 each ticket. They kept giving me number for CheapOair to get supervisor. Called numerous times, got same girl, who kept giving me the smart number to call that she was on. Could not get supervisor or customer service. Very dissatisfied, was ready to book another flight, but will never use them again. She actually told me to read fine print. Much better companies to use.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I was booking a flight from Puerto Montt to Santiago de Chile on OneTravel's website, indicating all the required information. I got an Email saying that my reservation has been successful. A few hours later I got a second Email from the OneTravel, asking me to contact them because they needed to verify verbally my credit card information.

I immediately called OneTravel and gave them all the information they asked for. Then, they were calling my Chilean bank to verify if I am really the cardholder. Since my bank executive speaks Spanish and no one at OneTravel was speaking Spanish they could not communicate with each other. Because of that, OneTravel asked me to send them another Email (from my business Email account), indicating who I am and authorizing charging my credit card.

I sent that Email immediately but did not get any answer during several hours. Therefore, I decided to call them again and, to my unpleasant surprise, they told me that the flight is no longer available (!) and, to make it more sarcastic, they offered me an alternative flight which would have cost more than 400 US dollars (my booked flight would have cost 90 US dollars). In the end I had to buy a bus ticket in order not to get stuck. In a nutshell: OneTravel is really unprofessional, they made me lose time and my flight and only by luck I was able to get a bus ticket (which will be now a 12 hours ride instead of a 2 hours flight). Hands off, look for a better company and don’t risk it. OneTravel really don’t know how to offer even a basic customer service.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Because I am not familiar with different countries passports, I entered my friend's surname incorrectly. Because it is an international flight, the name has to be the same as the passport. When I went to make the change, it required me to call a 1-800 #. I am not able to make 1-800 calls from Kuwait (where I am) and asked a friend in the US to make the call for me. My friend called and said the person she spoke with was very nice and took the information needed and said she would get back to my friend in 3-4 hr. It's now been 36 hr and nobody has called. My friend is supposed to travel in 3 days and the name change has not been made.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

We booked our flights from Burma to Nepal with a layover in Malaysia only to receive an email out of nowhere three days later saying that our refund for $433 has been processed. Not only had we never requested a refund, but the refund was only for a portion of the total cost of $706. Not only did the email claim we were receiving a "refund" they actually charged us an ADDITIONAL $433!!! My partner called them immediately and as of the writing of this review he has been on the phone for over an hour and is STILL on hold! He has spoken to at least 4 different representatives each more incompetent than the last, was disconnected, had to repeatedly explain what happened, and still they seemed to not understand what was going on, could offer no explanation for the randomly canceled flight, why we were being charged again rather than refunded, and continued to resist giving us the full refund of over $1,140!!

He spoke specifically with a man named Garvin (or something like that) who continued to argue that we had gotten what we paid for. We did NOT purchase a flight only from Malaysia to Nepal as we have NO intention of going to Malaysia. The reason we went with OneTravel is because THEY are supposed to coordinate between the different flights, instead Garvin told us WE would need to call the airlines and figure it out! Only after my partner threatened to call his bank to cancel and refund these fraudulent charges and report OneTravel to the Better Business Bureau did we receive meager compliance.

All we want at this point is to have OUR $1,140 returned to us immediately. It's ridiculous that the flight was cancelled without warning or reason, we were then charged rather than refunded, and that now after nearly 1.5 hours on the phone with these people they still have no clue what's going on and lack the basic competence to issue a refund for a trip THEY ** up. We will NEVER use OneTravel again! TERRIBLE company! HORRIBLE customer service! And at this point I feel ready to report them to the Better Business Bureau. Got fraud!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

This company sold me three tickets for Saturday knowing that the airport was going to be closed that day. When I called for a refund they made it impossible to get it back. I've been on the phone for nearly 10 hours in nearly a week. They've hung up on me. They've left me on hold for an hour daily. They told me to wait after 24 hours, then when I called back they said refund is only given if requested within the 24 hrs of purchased. I've spent hrs with these people and still no answers. Save yourself the time and trouble and run to someone else.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I was looking a multiple dates for my return flight and when I booked the flight OneTravel booked the Wednesday instead of the Tuesday return that I wanted. When I called the fellow was helpful but there was a $100 charge to change my return flight when their system made the error.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Says they have low fares, total BS! Was charged 1164$ for two tickets by them on an American flight and when I called American to make changes, found out that both tickets combined were 600$! When I called customer service to discuss, they answered and then put me on hold, I'm still on hold now going on 2 hours! Staying on the phone because it's funny and I want to see how long takes! How can a business be this horrible with customer service and still be in business? Would not recommend using this site for booking anything! Highly dissatisfied ex-customer!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Booked a flight on 9/8/17 for ~$160. The website changed the dates to alternate ones with some fine prints that I did not notice. Just 5 minutes later, I noticed and called them. They told me there is a $50 fee for cancellation even though their website says "Cancel in 24 Hour": another misleading point in their website. They also told me I may receive my money in several partial transactions and in 2 billing cycles of my credit card and only after some other service fees and penalties are deducted! When I asked to talk to supervisor, they put me on hold, waited for 40 minutes!!! Disconnected and contacted again. The second operator, after talking to his supervisor, told me the $50 will be refunded in 7 to 14 business days. I'm very dissatisfied and frustrated with OneTravel.com service.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I am writing this regarding a reimbursement for our JetBlue Flight 701 on Friday September 8 at 9:30 am from Ft. Lauderdale to LAX. Our confirmation number was **. As a result of the mandatory evacuation for Hurricane Irma in Southern Florida, my wife and I were recommended by our hotel to fly out by Thursday evening. In addition to this recommendation, we were told the last available flight out of Ft. Lauderdale would be around 8:30am Friday and were concerned our flight would be canceled, rendering us having to stay in Florida through the hurricane. We rebooked our flight to LAX for Wednesday from Jacksonville, since it was one of the only available remaining flights.

Seeing that the evacuation was a necessity, our initial agreement to being charged $272.80 for the flight change was out of having no other options at the time. However, seeing that JetBlue, whom we flew with on our new flight (JetBlue Flight 1678 and Flight 323), has made a public statement saying they would not charge for flight changes, we were hoping our charges of $272.80 would be rescinded. Thank you for considering our request. I look forward to hearing back soon.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

This company is a fraud! They steal money from us! I had an awful experience booking 2 tickets to Malta for my vacations with the child. First, they changed the dates, and when I claimed they asked for additional payment. I changed the tickets' dates for the first flight myself with the air company. When the time came, and we had to come back I could not check in, and once again I found out with the air company that OneTravel cancelled all my route! Without any instruction from my side, without any notification!

I had to buy the return tickets the very last minute, and it cost me a fortune! I lost a lot of hours on the phone. They promised that the manager will call me within 24 hours to settle the issue, and I am waiting for 20 days now. I still did not get the reimbursement for the first flight that was confirmed by them, and it is more than 60 days already. I have no idea if ever I get any reimbursement for the cancelled by them part of the ticket. I am writing letters to them practically every day, again and again explaining my issue, different people contact me asking and asking a lot of questions and doing nothing! Should I turn to the lawyer now? They are just robbing us!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

And I choose a date to fly on. I paid for it then I looked at the email and it was a different date than what I originally chose. I called at 1:30 on September 5 and I was on hold until 530 at night and I had to pay $70 more. I was told that we would've been waived but it didn't and I had to pay it. I was not too happy but they did get me on the right flight for the right day and coming back.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I bought an airline ticket for my husband on Onetravel because I saw the advertisement: 24 hours cancellation free. I had to cancel that airline ticket 2 hours after purchase. Onetravel gave my husband and me the runaround from toll free call to email. Onetravel will not honor what Onetravel advertise on the website. There is the penalty fee even you cancel your purchased airline ticket after 2 hours. (24 hours cancellation free). The customer service is from India without courtesy, professionalism and knowledge of the product.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I bought a ticket and realized that I had the wrong date, so I called customer service to cancel the ticket and was told I had to pay $50.00 to cancel a ticket five minutes after purchasing. WILL NEVER USE OR RECOMMEND THEM - LOST CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I bought flight tickets from OneTravel on July 2nd, 2017 for journey in October 2017, paying USD 3126.43 including Insurance of USD 179 for protection against ticket cancellation. Received email from OneTravel that refund of USD 2506.43 will be made within 14 working days. I received refund of insurance amount of USD179 as protection was in case of my death or medical condition!! But more outrageous than this is non refund of balance payment of USD 2327 despite passage of over two months. I keep receiving emails that OneTravel cant assure me when payment will be refunded due to reasons beyond their control. This is completely unprofessional behavior, bordering on deception by a US based company & US is supposed to be the showcase of the world for professionalism, regulation and consumer protection.

Updated on 09/24/2017: I have already described my experience. It was regarding "No hope of refunds from One Travel" against canceled flight tickets despite Insurance Protection against cancellation. After sixty days of ticket cancellation, against my reminders, I started getting standard letter from OneTravel stating that they cant keep their commitment on time frame for refund and will update me fortnightly. They were regular in sending same letter - must be auto-generated, waiting for me to get exhausted to point of giving up.

I approached Nevada Consumer Affairs by email and provided details. They accepted my grievance and assigned me a complaint number. I informed OneTravel. I received 75% of USD 3126.43 that I had originally paid. I have lost big money but I am happy that 75% could be salvaged. To all those who are suffering at the hands of OneTravel - NCA is our God. Please approach them. They are sensitive and respond to emails within 24 hours.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

Flight: I like OneTravel, it's good prices than others but I want make sure that you anyone make right times not interrupt different times. I received email from it was about change some time schedules, that's ok, not plan wrong time and place. I hope everything are safe. Thanks.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

This is the worst travel agency I ever had used. 2 months ago I booked two tickets. From today, 20 days ago they noticed me that the flight routine has changed. And what do you guys think, when new tickets came? 9 HOURS BEFORE OUR FLIGHT!!! All the time we tried to contact them and every time they just told us that will be all ok. Well it isn't!! How is possible to pack in that short time, and catch the plane?!? For all you who are looking this page to book some flight, or anything else, please just go to next agency! For your good.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I cancelled the flight and fee was waived by an agent. After 2 hours flight was confirmed because agent made a mistake and now they want to charge me $50 fee which was waived by an agent. I was told managers will review the phone call and call me. I called more than 5 times and spent 1 hour on the phone. Nothing got resolved. I will most likely file a fraud claims through my credit card company against OneTravel. I have phone logs and emails. This is the worst experience I ever had. I will never book or even visit this site again.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I booked two tickets from Los Angeles to Barcelona on Level Airlines through OneTravel.com. Reserved seats are not included with this low-cost airline, so I went through OneTravel four months before my departure to reserve seats and paid the fee for the seats. I checked my booking on the Level Airline website a few weeks before my trip and the seat reservation did not show up. I called OneTravel to verify, and was assured by the person who barely spoke English that my reserved seats (window and an aisle) were assigned in the system and there were no issues.

When I arrived at the airport for my flight, I was placed in the middle of a row of four seats. Response from OneTravel was horrible. They did not accept responsibility for the problem and blamed it on the fine print with the "travel assist" service I purchased to reserve the seats. On the flight home, I had the same problem. OneTravel's solution to the problem was to refund the fee paid before I had to dispute it with my credit card company. I've worked with many travel companies and airlines over the years. This is by far my worst experience. If you are considering using OneTravel for anything, I urge you to look elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

WARNING!! Do NOT Use OneTravel.com to book your flights. Booked flights yesterday. I confirmed everything when booked. Confirmation came back with different date. Called again to straighten out; was charged a fee for booking change. Got that confirmation back, new flight 6 hours later than we agreed. Called them back; they wanted another booking change fee. Just spent over an hour (mostly on hold), but finally got it straightened out. Very stressful. I'll go directly through the airlines next time.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

Do not EVER use this booking company. Ever!!! They scammed us out of $1,600 for 2 airline tickets. They will be rude, obnoxious AND give you attitude such as "What's the big deal, just pay for a new ticket. It's not as expensive as the first." And yes I said that word for word! Even the airline the ticket was "purchased" with, when they heard who it was booked from said they see it often with this agency, and many many people are scammed through them!!!! When you call, they don't even speak English and it's tough to understand them as it is. Even though we purchased travel insurance they didn't refund anything! Oh I lie, it was only $50 "credit" for future bookings. AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE.

I wish I did my research before I booked with them! But we were in a tough jam and needed a ticket asap and they were the cheapest at the time. Which as the say going, cheaper doesn't mean best! Don't book with them, stay away, and use your hard earned money somewhere else. And most of all, do your research in the booking company as well! We lost $1,600 AND still have to pay an extra $1,000 for a new ticket. I believe CheapOair and them are the same agency. When you call the number given, half the time they answer this is CheapOair. I will not be leaving this alone, I will be contacting every single number available and will try my best to get money back. But I repeat AVOID THESE IDIOTS LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I wanted to book a flight from Philadelphia to Detroit, because I received a promotional email from OneTravel. After completing the required information on their website, I continued to click the "continue" button, I suddenly discovered my card was charged $354. I was waiting the confirmation page stating my card would be charged, with a breakdown of the charges, so I could make a decision whether I would accept or deny the charge, that never happen! The airfare was $123, the baggage fees were $231, it cost more for my baggage to fly, than me! I called customer service (located in India) and was informed there was a $50 cancellation fee. I protested, informing the representative that I never viewed the confirmation page to authorize the transaction. I immediately called my bank to dispute the transaction. My funds were returned. Because of the way One Travel's website displays information, I would not recommend using the service. It is deceiving!!!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I bought tickets for 4 itineraries. Each flight ticket cost me more when I had to fly as they gave me crappy airlines that I had to pay for meals (international flights usually include meals), seat selection and baggage fees. These added cost are not revealed clearly to us when tickets are purchased. I ended up paying a lot more than what I anticipated for each flight ticket. This travel website is a fraud. However the ticket fare may be low, please do not buy from this travel website. Trust me, you will avoid a lot of headache and hidden costs that are not revealed to you.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

OneTravel is a fraud. After 3 hours of booking I decide to cancelled and they took $75 off my card and posting on their website that you have 4 hrs to cancelled for free. They are a scam. DONT used them if your life depends on it. Thieves.

Onetravel.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

OneTravel is a Pennsylvania-based travel website that was started in the mid-1990s.

• Newsletter: OneTravel uses a daily newsletter to keep its members updated on the latest deals.
    • Hotels: Travelers can find discounts at over 84,000 hotels.
    • International travel: OneTravel books hotels in and flights to countries all over the world.
    • Business class flights: Travelers can specify that they want business class flights so they can focus on options that match their needs.
    • Rewards: OneTravel members earn points that they can use to lower the prices of flights, hotel rooms and rental cars.
    • Best for: International and budget travelers.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs