Call now
1.36/5
Based on 189 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call now

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

OneTravel is here to help you plan your next vacation. From flights to hotel, rental cars and cruises, OneTravel has it all for you to plan your trip. We offer not only domestic, but international flights as well with some of the most competitive prices in the market. When you book through OneTravel, you can rest assured that all of your travel needs will be taken care of. Contact us today and allow us to assist you in booking your next getaway!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 24, 2018

830 OneTravel Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I paid about $900 US for my ticket and due to health problems I had to cancel my ticket. To make the story short, they only refund me $200 they kept all the money and I don't know how this fraudulent company is still in business. They charged me for seat assignment that I never ordered and they charged it twice and I will not be travelling, they are a scam. They are operating just to rip off customers.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I booked a 2 flight to go to away for a wedding. When got to the airport there was a mix up and the flight was booked backwards so instead of leaving from Canada my flight was booked to leave from Jamaica. They would not change any of the flight even asked if they could just change the dates of my return flight and I’ll pay to rebook the second way. The people said to me, "Ma'am your 1000 dollars is gone so you should just give it up." I’m a student. I can’t afford to just rebook flights on the spot. After hours of arguing I had to just book a new flight for both of us so we Could make it for the wedding. They will not give me any assistance just keep telling me to forget it and to make matters worse they charged me twice for that trip and now being on my trip I can’t even use my card because it’s beyond my limit maxed out.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I booked a flight 5 months in advance. Because of a change in business plans, I had to change my itinerary. The changes took place 5 months before the flight. I was told there would be a $175 fee to change the flight. The fee was nearly 50% of the ticket price. I can understand a 5% or 10% fee. I wasn't able to cancel the ticket either. Their customer service was absolutely no help. Stay away from OneTravel! I feel totally ripped off.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Worst experience... I booked a flight for 71 USD and within an hour realized I made a mistake. In order to change the flight I had to pay for a new flight and then wait for a refund on the previous. To cancel you get a refund, but pay a 50 USD fee!!! I just paid 50 dollars to this site!!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

It's my first time with this agency and I'd to give out warning. So far, I've heard this crook is running two traveling agencies, another one is the "Cheap..." I called to book three seats for myself and children in advance for summer out-of-country. It was seven months in advance thinking it would be cheaper. It was so hard to understand that lady on the phone. From the very first day that I paid, the tickets online would show two seats confirmed and one seat "pending." Two months had passed, They emailed me to ask if I could change the flight. I was okay with that thinking everything appeared to be the same.

Then I went on their responded email to check the new tickets from the new flight only to find that one of the seats was still "pending", except this time its email linked to the "suggested seats selections". I selected thinking it would be like other airlines that would offer these steps after payment. After clicking to select the seats, the page went on to include the selection fee right away. I was pissed so called the agency and asked why our ticket status was still "pending" and what's up with the seats.

The lady with heavy Indian Accent told me that to get it confirmed I need to pay extra $60 something. I was so angry but went on and asked of how much it would be for the cancellation fee. The lady said it would be @200 each and I was supposed to pay upfront to them right away, and then I had to wait for the refund from them for another cycle of credit card. I told her this whole ordeal was just a ripoff. She asked if I had any more questions, I said yes but I would email to them so that I could make a case later on. I emailed right away, and the answer came in another day that all of my seats were confirmed but I would need to contact the Airline myself to confirm. How about that?!! Anyway, please go somewhere else or book through your trusted agency or the airlines directly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Onetravel.com?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

On Feb 2, I booked two rt tickets on United to Florida for myself and my husband through CheapOAir/OneTravel. I was prompted in the process to pick my seats, which is standard when booking flights, and I selected standard seats - no upgrades. I then bought travel insurance for $27.90 and then completed the charge to my visa card. Immediately, the ticket charge was posted to my account for the tickets (448.00). At the same time, another charge was made to my visa account for $91.80 with no description or explanation for the charges.

After several very frustrating phone calls over the next 24 hours with OneTravel "customer service" agents (not so much), all who were extremely difficult to understand and not helpful in providing any kind of explanation (annoyingly polite but clearly not there to help), I was able to finally discover on my third call today what was included in the mysterious charge of $91.80: $26.70 for travel insurance (check), $19.90 for "enhanced seat selection"!!! (I simply picked a standard seat when I was promoted to do so with no indication of a surcharge), and finally a $70 "service charge" for booking the tickets online through OneTravel! I was reminded by the agent, however, that I had been given a "generous" discount of $26.00 off the service charge so in fact I only paid $44 for the privilege of booking online with "NotSoCheapO" Air.

I tried to cancel the charge for my "enhanced seat choice" but after the agent kept me on hold for five minutes he came back to let me know that charge was non-refundable. The long and short of it is that I feel ripped off and scammed all at the same time. The only additional charge I was made aware of was the travel insurance - the other two charges were never mentioned during the selection process nor at the time of making the final purchase. I called United and they said had I made my reservation through them directly there would have been no online service charge nor a charge for routine seat selection. I have never run into such a duplicitous and fraudulent online travel service as OneTravel. They should be sued and put out of business. I would recommend that no one ever use them - I certainly will not and will urge everyone I know to avoid them like the plague.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I only gave them one star because I had no choice otherwise I wouldn't have even given them a half star. I was not informed over the phone of a 50$-75$ cancellation charge until I called back to cancel the booking due to my credit card company rejecting the charge on my card thinking it was a fraudulent attempt, so I booked another flight with a different credit card.

They made a second attempt to charge my credit card a short time later that went through that time but still showed up as separate charges (1 from the airline) (2 from OneTravel). When I spoke to a supervisor he just kept going around and around about my checking the box on their website and saying that how their company works. I didn't book a flight in the website because the seat sold out before I could complete the transaction and they phoned me back to "help me out". Stay away from this company and their shady business practice of keeping information from you until it's too late. Save the hassle, money, time and book through the airline directly.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I was only trying to purchase flights because I thought I had found a good deal. After hours on the phone and it started 5 minutes after I filled out the credit card info to pay for an order. I will highly recommend you trying somewhere else for your travel needs. I have heard that this company is also owner of another company called cheap travel or cheap airline. Crooks I tell you... Crooks.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

Agent "Gary" went beyond the call of duty to resolve my issue, a mistake that I had made in the spelling of a passenger's name. He was very polite and helpful through the process which was lengthy due to computer problems. I have used "OneTravel" before and have been very satisfied with the service offered. Thank you "OneTravel".

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I thought that I just book a round trip fare for $513.00, and I was waiting for the online confirmation. Instead of the booking confirmation, I received a message on my computer that the ticket was sold already and is no longer available. I did other researches, and I could book the same itinerary for $555.00, but I didn't since the prices have increased. I checked my email, and I received an email from OneTravel stating to call them because they have better "unlisted" prices. I thought that I will get even a better deal, but unfortunately, after spending a good amount of time on the phone with a representative who barely spoke English, after all, he offered me a ticket with the same itinerary, for the amount of $768.00. That's a difference in price in the amount of $255.00.

What a crook! Instead to lower the price for the previous inconveniences, he added $255.00 more. I told him that I could book the flight for $555.00 immediately, why I shroud pay $768.00? He said that the tickets are booking fast to that flight! Of, course, the crooks and thieves are always finding excuses. Recommendation: Don't buy tickets from One Travel! We have to show to this Travel Agency that the customers are smarter than them! There are other "few" honest Travel Agencies there.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I recently booked flights for 3 family members to go to their father's funeral, from St. Thomas to Atlanta. I was charged an agency fee of $100 per ticket, so the total OneTravel agency fee was $600! I was not informed that they were charging this exorbitant fee to book bereavement fares to their father funeral. I do not recommend them and will never use their service again. Total rip off! Look at the tickets - there is no mention of the $100/per ticket agency fee!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I bought a flight via OneTravel for a flight from Krabi, Thailand to Bangkok, Thailand. The airline, ThaiLion, canceled the flight. I called OneTravel to let them know of the cancellation on November 11th and after they refused to look into it themselves I forwarded the email from ThaiLion to OneTravel on November 29th. After many unprofessional and misleading conversations and emails with their reps over the course of 2.5 months they still claimed that they were waiting on the airline to confirm. It's very clear to see that the flight was, in fact, canceled. I spoke with ThaiLion and they said that they confirmed this months ago with OneTravel.

Yesterday I finally emailed OneTravel customer solutions and threatened to go to the BBB. This morning I have an email with them offering me HALF of what I paid to be refunded in 2 weeks. They never follow up with me. I have to prompt them by calling and waiting on hold for 30 minutes to be transferred to someone else and start the process again. There is no accountability within this company. I advise against purchasing with them. I was actually able to book another flight myself days before flight after the cancellation for a cheaper price. You don't save money and if there is any trouble, you are on your own and out of your money.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Buyers Beware of this scam outfit out of Las Vegas. Once you book with these scam artists, they will continue to submit charges to your credit card company at sporadic intervals which makes it very difficult to keep track. Just got a notification from my credit card company that they have submitted for another $70 baggage fee. They also added a $79.22 fee for who knows what. Then they charge another $10 fee for processing your $70 baggage fee. SCAM. This outfit needs to be challenged for their unethical practices by some authority. They (Debra) could not justify the fees.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I am among the many passengers who followed the link for checked in and baggage fees and it says 20kgs but when we get to the airport, we were charged tremendous amount. We were all surprised, especially if you are coming abroad with lots of baggage. OneTravel is giving false info or hope to all the customers. No choice but to pay. It is a broad daylight highway robbery!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

OneTravel Company is a fraud company. If somebody want to use this side be advised that you getting in a lot of problems. Me and my husband purchase vacation package from December 30 to January 6, 2018. This vacation never took place because when we came to the Aquamarina Beach Hotel, they said that reservation canceled. No language at night in another Country (Mexico). We did not know what to do. We were looking for the place to stay. Because it was on the 30th of December all hotels were booked. We found one for the amount of $750.00 a night. I spoke with the representative from OneTravel on January 7th after we finally came back. On January 19, 2018 I called again to find out what about our refund. I was put on hold for three hours and then they disconnect me. If the Company will not refund our package we are going to the court about this matter.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Do not book with this company. I booked a flight and there was a hidden fee of $19.90. As soon as I called and complained they refunded this amount. They are hoping people won't catch it but my Visa Credit Card company sent me a potential fraud email. They stated it was a fee to select my seat but that fee had already been collected by the airline.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

When I booked the flights, I thought I was getting a deal of $1300 and 5 connecting flights round trip. 3 flights later, I was in Europe and found that all my colleagues paid $850 round trip with non-stop flights! I was exhausted and frustrated, but thought at least my way home will be easier. Nope! 8 hours of transit, 15 hour layover, and another 21 hour flight? Once I got to the foreign country, of which to switch flights, the airport tried to send me to a hotel. I am a female in a foreign country, alone, I am not leaving the airport!

I was rejected by the lounges because my flight was so far away, I chatted with OneTravel, thinking it would be a simple solution where they would understand my frustration and try to make up for it. Nope again! They instructed me to call. After 4 explanations and 4 authentifications of who I am, I was finally turned away by a manager who seemed to have an attitude (everyone else at least faked that they cared, but "couldn't" help). I would never pay to work with this company again. If you ever book here, just remember you are not getting customer service, or the best price! So what is their function? I would give it a big old Zero if that was possible.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

In addition there is this moronic airline agent called OneTravel, who sent me to wrong city, I told them for weeks I want to go to Leon Mexico. Damn lady keeps saying Monterrey... WTF. She dont get it. LEON MX. So now she convinced me I'm dumb. It's the name like JFK... I arrive in Dallas. I have to buy new ticket. Cost 700$ US and credit card did not work even though I paid it off. And a hotel $100, and this is true cab driver kidnaped me to the Mexican border. It's true. Look 800 complaints, they played the recording and I do say Monterrey. "Listen ** I dont want to got to ** Monterrey."

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I booked my flight in September. Paid 1000$ for 3 people to Montreal-Cali-Vegas. Everything went through. They called me 2 days later telling me that I owe 89.90$ for the seating. I was ok with it. I asked to pay in a week. When I got paid and I paid it they said my credit card accepted the payment. At this point I thought all was good... I'm a week from my trip. 2018-01-26 is the day I leave which is next week Friday. I called to check when I need to be at the airport and they told me I owe them the 29.99$ then the same lady told me I owe the whole 89.90$ and then processed to say I paid it in two payments.

I requested a manager. By the way they all barely understand English. They sound like the call center in India. The manager said I can pay whenever after arguing for a while. I told him it's a week away. Why wouldn't they call? His excuse is because they expected me to call. If I didn't call in I wouldn't even know the card didn't go through and they were fine with that. He took the blame after said he will add that to his training. Doubt it will happen.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I'm from Canada, I booked my flight in Canadian currency! Listed on OneTravel website in Canadian Dollar! But these guys charged me in US $ to rip me off in Currency! If you give me the price in Canadian Dollar, I expect the exact amount listed and on my invoice debited from credit card! Not less or more! And there is no service charges listed, don't ** charge ** I'm not aware of. And then when I call them, they just pass you around until the call drops!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I would have given this company negative stars if possible. This travel company booked me a flight from Bangkok to Seattle, WA through China. What they DID NOT tell me was that I need to get a $150 visa IN ADVANCE to take this flight. They expected me to apply for a $150 visa, for a 6 hour layover. How does this make sense to anyone?! I called several times and they were no help at all. I ended up buying a last minute flight, while in the airport, and it took me 71 hrs to get home after $1000+ additional costs. After a 2 hour phone call, they refunded me $12.95. I was also unable to recoup any costs through my travel insurance, because it was an error on OneTravel's part. I cannot believe this company is still in business. Complete scam artists.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

OneTravel is a rip off. I messed - spelled my daughter’s name (typo) instead of Ashley I put down Ashlee, and when I tried to correct it, they made me pay $50! Will never use the company again and discourage others from doing so.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

On 10/25/2017 I made a reservation with "OneTravel" and requested an aisle seat for reservations from DEN to ATL to BOS. They accepted my card and 2 days later I was informed that my card was unaccepted for the requested seat but it had been accepted in its entirety for the total cost. I called and requested they cancel the charge in that I had made reservations direct with the airline and was seated where I requested. I called my credit card company and asked that the charge be disputed. "OneTravel" told my credit card company that the charge was not refundable and hence they would not credit my account. Hence I was billed again for a charge that I never incurred.

When calling "OneTravel" and describing the problem they would transfer me to a number that rang and rang and after 40 minutes of waiting, there was never any answer hence I hung up. Upon seeing the charge on my recent bill, I was able to contact their billing department and they gave me lip service and have done nothing to alleviate the problem. To protect my good credit rating, I will have to pay the unconscionable charge and will never use "OneTravel" again. Caveat Emptor!!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I booked with them flights from San Juan to China, paid and when I was returning from China my ticket was cancelled by them... A very unpleasant and costly situation. Imagine yourself in China without a return ticket. I ended paying to reactive the ticket, paid twice for the same. When I reached home they refuse by all ways to reimburse the second amount paid. Customer service in India or Mars hardly speaks English. A nightmare. Don’t book with this company. The attached images shows that I paid $874.66 for the air tickets that include flight HU7961 on Oct 26, 2017 seat 50D and I was billed 1330 yuan about $202.00 to take THE SAME FLIGHT ON SEAT 36D...very bad from OneTravel...

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I used onetravel.com to book a discount airfare. I didn't realize, however, until after receiving my confirmation that the dates for the low-cost fare had been changed by the website. I saw their 24-hour guarantee, so immediately called their customer service desk. After over 90 minutes on hold and talking with two men who barely spoke English, I was able to cancel the flight, but then they charged me a $50 cancellation fee, and another unspecified charge of $65.94. DO NOT USE THIS SITE!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I booked a ticket and was told it was confirmed and the itinerary number was forthcoming. The next morning, I woke up to get a notice that the itinerary was cancelled and the price of the ticket had gone up. When I tried to call customer service, I got transferred around, cut off and finally transferred to an automated survey. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Booked a round trip ticket from Atlanta to Tampa, upon completing they changed the flight dates when I called them (they all have heavy accent and act like they don’t understand what you tell them) but can tell you how you can pay lots more to change the dates to what you intended to purchase. Buyers be aware. They will change the dates on your bookings. Pay attention to small details before you complete your transaction.

Resolution response: Jan. 11, 2018

I got a phone call from OneTravel customer service. The representative mentioned that he wanted to see how he could resolve the issue and listen to my recommendations on having a better customer satisfaction in the future. I was happy to hear that they are trying to improve their services. He listened to my comments and mentioned that he will relay my observations to the respective department. He also offered to refund the $50 they had charged me as an act of good faith. As I thought that I could remove my review, I told the representative that I agree to remove it. But It does not look like I can remove the review; only to add a resolution to it. So, here I am writing another one on the good customer service that I received from this representative who called and tried to rectify the problem in a fairly professional manner.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

I was looking to purchase a ticket and were surfing the net. Once I entered my information in One Travel, I got a promotional email afterward that was giving me the chance to use a $30 promo for my purchase. That was a good incentive for me to go back to their website. I found a ticket right then but was not very sure. However, as I saw that they had '24 Hours Cancellation" I decided to lock it in until the next day and then decide. Even opening the tab for more information, it did not say anything about a fee. So, I started booking. During the purchase, where it asks for the promo code, I copied/pasted the code they sent to me, but the price did not change. As it was getting very late at night, almost about 2 am, I decided to book and then call tomorrow and let them know that the promo did not work.

The next day, I realize that I booked my ticket prematurely and best to cancel within my 24-hour window and then once I know better the best date of my departure, re-purchase. When I called, the agent told me that I have to pay a $75 fine. That was the first time I heard that I have to pay. Not only no airline charges when you cancel, even HOTWIRE does not!!! I told the agent that I did not see that they charge, and he said at the bottom of the page, before you hit purchase, it mentions that the ticket can be canceled for a fee. Of course, I was not very happy about this total nonsense of a charge. I did an electronic reservation without any agent being involved and less than 10 hours afterward I was canceling my ticket and they wanted to charge me this amount for what?!

When I complained about the clear visibility of the fee being charged and it is unheard of that for a $529.00 tickets, there'll be a charge of $75.00, he put me on hold and then got back to me saying that his supervisor approved of a discount of $25.00 so they charge me $50.00! I was not really happy but I did not want to waste more of my time. I am writing this review so hopefully, other people read it and don't make the same mistake that I did. The other sites seem to be more accurate and fair.

Resolution response: Dec. 29, 2017

The company (costumer service) called us back and refunded us all tickets and cancellation fees. We Appreciate the time they took on resolving all issues.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Horrible experience. While booking a holiday trip for my family of 4, the website did not allow me to type our complete names so we decided to book and call immediately for help. The first person was rude and the second arrogant with a very thick accent and told us they had to cancel the flight tickets and pay a 300 cancelation fee and then rebook another flight at a different price. They charged around 160 fee. Better to buy directly from airline. Be aware.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I had the misfortune of going onto the OneTravel website to book a flight from Washington Dulles airport to Orlando international (very specific request for non-stop flights). It showed me the first flight at a reasonable price and I booked it only to find on the confirmation itinerary that it was leaving from Washington National and not Dulles. After half an hour on the phone to try cancel this mistake which is due to a rubbish website, they charged me $50 in cold blood. I was fuming and could not get past the Indian call centre to speak to someone in charge of the site. If you're ever tempted to book a flight DO NOT EVER use this one.

Onetravel.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

OneTravel is a Pennsylvania-based travel website that was started in the mid-1990s.

• Newsletter: OneTravel uses a daily newsletter to keep its members updated on the latest deals.

• Hotels: Travelers can find discounts at over 84,000 hotels.

• International travel: OneTravel books hotels in and flights to countries all over the world.

• Business class flights: Travelers can specify that they want business class flights so they can focus on options that match their needs.

• Rewards: OneTravel members earn points that they can use to lower the prices of flights, hotel rooms and rental cars.

• Best for: International and budget travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

www.onetravel.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use