2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

1.3/5 (1024 ratings)

About OneTravel

OneTravel is a travel website that offers booking services for flights, hotels, cars and vacation packages to destinations throughout the U.S. and across the globe. OneTravel offers discounts at over 84,000 hotels worldwide and compares flights from more than 600 airlines. OneTravel members earn reward points for each dollar members spend on the site, which they can use to get cheaper prices on future flights or hotel stays.

Pros

• Last-minute deals
  • Low prices
  • Multiple ways to search
  • Price match guarantee

Cons

• Booking fees
  • No refunds

Bottom Line

OneTravel lets travelers search for accommodations by destination, flight type and flight price. The company offers last-minute deals and discount codes. It charges booking and cancellation fees.

Top OneTravel Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Onetravel.com?

Verified

I booked my family vacation flights through OneTravel… it all went great. When I booked the flights the customer service reps were very helpful and went over all information sever...

Verified

I had technical issues using the website so I called their 800 number to book my flights both times… Both times I worked with incredibly friendly and professional agents who helpe...

What is OneTravel?

When you use OneTravel, you can search for travel accommodations by destination and flight, simplifying the search process and letting you quickly and easily find the best options for your trip. You can also search by travel theme, flight type and flight price.

OneTravel also lets you book hotels, rental cars and vacation packages. The company offers last-minute deals on hotels and discount codes to save money on flights and vacation packages. You earn reward points for each dollar spent on the site, and you earn double points when you book using the app.

If you find a lower rate on OneTravel or another U.S.-based travel site within four hours of booking, OneTravel will credit or refund you the difference. After four hours (but no later than 24 hours), you get a $50 coupon for future bookings if you find a lower price.

OneTravel ticket fees

OneTravel may charge a service fee when you book with them. Fees are charged on a per-passenger, per-ticket basis and are usually nonrefundable. OneTravel charges the following fees:

• Plane tickets: Up to $35
  • Hotel bookings: Up to $32 a night per room
  • Rental car reservations: Up to $25 per rental

OneTravel also charges fees for flight cancellations and exchanges. See the tables below.

OneTravel cancellation fees

International$250$200
Business/first class (domestic)$250$200
Business/first class (international)$250$250

OneTravel FAQ

Is OneTravel safe to book with?
Yes. OneTravel has a fraud prevention team. If you have any unauthorized charges on your credit card after booking with OneTravel, you pay nothing.
Does OneTravel do returns?
Most flights, hotels, vacation packages, prepaid car rentals and service fees are nonrefundable after 24 hours of booking. Flights are nonrefundable and nontransferable. Name changes are not permitted. You can cancel your ticket within 24 hours for a fee. You might be able to exchange your ticket for a different date.
Where does OneTravel have flights to?
OneTravel has flights to domestic destinations in the United States and international destinations across the country.

Is OneTravel legit?

OneTravel is a legitimate option for anyone looking for travel deals. You can book flights, hotels, car rentals and vacation packages through the site and manage your entire trip on the platform. Travelers looking for cheap flights and last-minute deals benefit from using OneTravel, but keep in mind that most bookings are nonrefundable. The company charges booking fees as well as cancellation and exchange fees.

OneTravel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneTravel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Onetravel.com?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

I have never seen such crooks in my life, the most fraudulent people I have ever encountered. They continue to lie until you forget your money and ticket. If you don't want headache and losing money, stay away from them.

OneTravel response

We have reached out to ask for additional information so we can look into any concerns.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

I bought a ticket on 01/5/2020 in Onetravel.com. Because of covid my flight was cancelled. Requested refund. Informed me they made the refund. They did not do it. They requested my bank statements, sent them. I did more than 40 calls, as I want the 420USD to be refunded. They always told me is an airline problem, this was the excuse.- Requested to talk with someone responsible, never happened.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

I booked my flight to Guadalajara Mexico from Las Vegas for the month of AUGUST 2021. The option to buy travel insurance was offered on their website and it was added to the full price of the fare totaling $411 including the travel insurance. I was notified 24 hours after the booking was completed that my credit card only charged the airfare but not the $56 insurance included on the total. I received a call asking to confirmed that it was ok for them to charge $56 on a separate bill for the travel insurance. After agreeing for them to do that I received the travel insurance information (policy info, phone number, etc...).

Two days before my trip was scheduled I was notify via text that there was a four hour delay change on the original take off schedule from Las Vegas airport. This change was going to delay an appointment I had in Las Vegas before I head over to the airport and take my flight -I went ahead and called "One Travel" customer service department to cancel this trip and get another reschedule for the day after. I understood that I was going to pay a little bit more but my full amount of the fare was going to be credited against the new ticket. I was told they cannot accommodate any changes until two weeks after because of availability on seats to my destination.

I went ahead and cancel the trip and asked for my travel protection insurance to generate a refund so I could reschedule my trip on a different day. Long story short... I was told that they could only credit $159.40 out of a $411 air ticket... Since they did not include my travel protection insurance fee on the original ticket I was told that I had to complete a claim with the travel insurance company directly with them.

Travel insurance company never got back to me after several call and voice messages and when I called "one travel" customer service department again I was told that there was nothing else they could do. I think it's very misleading on the part of a travel agency to advertise travel protection for any travel changes or sickness when in reality they only charge the fee and they offer NO protection and just keep the money. NOTE: It's very hard to communicate with their associates because they don't even speak English well enough to understand them... A word of advice for everybody - DO NOT purchase any travel protection or ticket protection insurance from this company because it's a total rip off!!!!

Original review: June 15, 2021

I wish I could give them less one star. I booked a ticket with them to fly from Monterey, CA to Lexington Kentucky on 04/15/2020. When COVID-19 hit, I was under stay-at-home orders, no airport, no trips, nothing. I canceled my trip and disputed the charge through my credit company and I received a refund. One Travel contacted after one year on June 11 2021, trying to collect the amount they refunded. After a long struggle with their customer service, including hanging the phone on me, claiming they know nothing, or the issue has been resolved, and I should ask my credit card company. I ended up paying some of the money they refunded to close the case. I will never travel with them again. Every single company in the U.S. supported their clients during COVID-19, except from OneTravel.

OneTravel response
    Please supply the 8 digit booking number given at the time of purchase so we can look into your concerns.

Original review: June 7, 2021

When I say this was the worst experience in my life you won't believe me. Ok so I was charged 2x for luggage and I still don't believe it was my fault but they claimed it was. After arguing for days and waiting on a call back a guy with a horrible attitude named Brock stated he could give me half back. I stated that was unacceptable. He then said I would get the full amount back in 7-14 days. Can you believe that once we hung up he called me from a line in Turkey and said these exact words “You cant board the flight **.” I could not believe he did that. I called back to report him and a Chase answered and basically said he doesn't care about that and to call Spirit for a refund. When I tell you I am contacting everyone from ConsumerAffairs to the better business bureau. This is beyond crazy. I've waited on hold about an hour too waiting for a supervisor. This company needs to be shut down.

Original review: May 18, 2021

I bought airline tickets in February of 2020. Have not been able to make contact with this company to request a refund or find out what to do. I spent over 4,000.00 on tickets and can't get an answer from my emails or get them to answer a phone call. Please do not use this company for your travel needs. Buy directly from the carrier. They have to answer your calls. Today, I have been waiting for over 2 hours so far.

Original review: April 22, 2021

I booked a flight that was advertised as fully refundable and flexible. And according to the airline's terms it is. Then I fell for another scam that said by buying their "Premium Support" package I'd avoid paying them a cancellation fee. Yet, they are charging to cancel. I contacted the airline and they said the ticket is not even valid! ​If an ticket is offered cheaper by an agent, most airlines do a price match. So save yourself the trouble and avoid these scammers

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I got flight ticket August, 2020. After that airline canceled the trip. Until now I didn’t get my refund. Every time I call customer service I hear different story. Six months I didn’t get my refund back.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I had an Affirm loan for this flight and because of the pandemic, I only got to use the first flight since this company can't even reschedule and offered refund. Haven't gotten the refund from them since August 2020 when they "issued" the refund to the virtual card from Affirm. Affirm has said that they never seen the refund. I've been following up every month and have never received any reply since October. Just freaking refund the money and stop being shady.

Resolution response: Nov. 20, 2020

I acknowledge that OneTravel.com addressed our concern and refund us the cancellation charges. I recommend people to book from OneTravel.com as they have good customer services.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I live in Calgary and booked an Air Canada flight to Toronto through OneTravel.com. We paid USD $ 24 commission to OneTravel for booking 4 tickets. Toronto locked down within 24 hours after our booking because of COVID-19. We contacted OneTravel for the cancellation of our flights with 29 hours of our booking. We shocked to hear they asked for cancellation charges of USD $35 per person and we had 4 tickets. Air Canada wasn't charging any cancellation charges. It was OneTravel.com who was ripping us off. After a heated argument, they reduced the cancellation charges from USD $35 to USD $12.5 and we paid them USD $50 in cancellation charges.

We think these cancellation charges went into the OneTravel.com account because the airline didn't charge anything. We feel that we have been ripped off by OneTravel.com because we already paid them the commission when booking the tickets. Our suggestion to travelers to be cautious when booking through this website.

OneTravel Company Information