It's that easy Get a Free Quote
1.36/5
Based on 174 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

OneTravel is here to help you plan your next vacation. From flights to hotel, rental cars and cruises, OneTravel has it all for you to plan your trip. We offer not only domestic, but international flights as well with some of the most competitive prices in the market. When you book through OneTravel, you can rest assured that all of your travel needs will be taken care of. Contact us today and allow us to assist you in booking your next getaway!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

874 OneTravel Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 23, 2018

I booked a one way trip for my husband and when I got the confirmation his name was missing the final letter. At the beginning I thought it was a minor mistake from my side (which has never happened to me in more than 15 years traveling together) and the email said to verify the names and to call them if there was something wrong. That was weird to me because I have never received a confirmation like that and I thought they were nice. Well, when you call them to fix it, they charge you $75 fee (the ticket was around $100) just for adding a letter that now I am super sure they did that on purpose to charge you more. They even call you and email asking for you to pay that fee. My sister made a mistake with a name (and she admitted she did it wrong), called American Airlines and they fix it for free. So why this company is charging this outrageous fee and sending emails asking you to verify your name? It looks very fishy.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Called them 3 times within 24 hours of my booking and they refused to give me a free cancellation. When I booked my flights, I saw the green font words: "Free Cancellation within 24 hours". On the calls, they told me they would not charge me but some other travel agents and airlines would charge me. WHAT? I know for a fact that the airline I booked would not charge any fees within 24 hours. This website is a SCAM, hiding all the fees until you booked the flight. Please call your banks to dispute charges and let your bank know this website scamming customers.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Had booked two tickets on an Aer Lingus flight because it was “refundable”. Not so. Had not made an adequate search myself, and found that they had added a $60 fee that is not refundable and not mentioned. Spent 45 minutes on the phone with them to get to the truth. This company just seems to be a bunch of hucksters. The perfect choice to find an inflated price on airline tickets.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 19, 2018

Booked 2 airline tickets to Orlando. Had family emergency (father in law in nursing home) come up and cannot use the tickets now. I called 64 days before my flight and was told it is non-transferable and non-refundable. The tickets are more expensive now and they would make more profit but they choose not to provide customer service. This is inexcusable. I will never use OneTravel again and will never fly United. Terrible customer service! I will fly Southwest from now on. I lost almost $300. I will be letting others know as well. Good customer service goes a long ways...

OneTravel response

We are sorry to hear of your experience. If you would please supply the booking number you were given when you booked the reservation we would be happy to look into your concerns. Thank you

Original review: June 17, 2018

I booked 2 tickets on Norwegian Airlines and found they were cheaper on the airline's own site. When I went to cancel the tickets, the agent want to charge me $75 cancellation fee per person, this was on a $68 ticket. Totally outrageous considering airlines allow you to cancel for free within 24 hours of booking. Stay away from these scammers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Onetravel.com?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 15, 2018

Booked with One Travel to have our daughter flown home for my wife's birthday. This company cancelled entire flight due to one leg being cancelled by the airline. NO options were given other than our daughter would be stranded in Philly for an entire day when the flight was an early morning red eye. I have NEVER had a company or airline tell me there was NO option for travel that day unless the flight was late in evening and no other flights were going. This is completely UNACCEPTABLE and One Travel felt like they did all they could by refunding our ticket price. That's the LEAST they should have done. WARNING: DO not book with this company as they can simply cancel the entire flight without any effort to succeed, in changes.

OneTravel response

We are sorry to hear of your experience. It can be extremely frustrating when airlines cancel flights. If you will please supply the booking number you were given when you booked the reservation we will be happy to look into your concerns. Thank you

Original review: June 6, 2018

I have just got off the phone with OneTravel's Customer Service to fix their error with the system. Been on for 3 hours and 45 minutes, and transferred seven times. I entered that I was traveling from Siem Reap (REP) to Phuket (HKT) with stop in Bangkok (DMK). They confirmed me at Bangkok (DMK) the stopover destination. OneTravel makes no effort to correct their system error, and are leaving three of us at the one stop city Bangkok DMK. I called immediately when the error occurred, and they claim that I cannot change the booking, even though it is within the 24 hour cancellation period. This means that they are doing fraudulent bookings, and wanting a premium to correct their error, and refusing to cancel within the cancellation period "because the booking was made with a discounted airline." This is inconsistent with a "cancel within the 24 hour cancellation period."

Original review: May 31, 2018

I just bought a tickets from them, and after I went to actual airline website and I found that ticket is a hundred dollar less than what they charged me. I understand fees but a hundred dollar is a bit too much. This is on top of the taxes and fees charged by the airline. Call them and try to reason with them. I got disrespected and passed around from one rep to other for awhile before they say, "Nothing we can do." I try to cancel, it's just been a few hours since I got the tickets, usually it's free within 24 hours but not with guys, if not the fees shouldn't be 100 usd, I finally was able to get 100 back. That's what they say after a few hours but a book another flight with the same time where I got extra charge for another 211 and from now on go straight to the airline itself. Don't worth it getting charged that much extra for no apparent service provided. Don't seem fair at all.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Flight to London and return - May 10 was our travel date. After making the booking I saw OneTravel had used my credit card to charge another amount just under one hundred dollars. When I dismally got through to them they said they made a mistake on the price thus the extra charge. It took me days to get a partial refund. They are not trustworthy and extremely hard to understand and tricky with their sales add insult. I will never use them again. It was the worst experience I have had in twenty years of traveling by air.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Each time I call OneTravel to make a reservation, I ask about seat assignments. I am told that I should expect a call about this in 24-48 hours. I don't receive a call. When I have attempted to do it on my own via OneTravel, I am not able to do so.

Original review: May 26, 2018

A year ago I booked my flight to NYC (JFK). The OneTravel website is easy to use and very clear. I booked my seats very easily and got my reservation right away. Two months ago I booked a flight to NYC again via OneTravel- as expected, there were no issues! I HAD NO PROBLEMS AT ALL!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Original review: May 23, 2018

I am livid after the experience my mother and I just had. We booked our flights back in January to go to Oslo for one day and night, and then from there to go to our family in Gdańsk Poland (sick grandparents, other people we haven’t seen in a long time, etc etc etc). We get to the airport to check in for our 7 pm flight and it turns out our flight already left at 4???? We immediately call and they try to guilt us and make it seem like they sent us an email to let us know that our flight time had changed (they hadn’t, the last email they sent was the day prior sending us our itinerary, which still even now says 7 pm).

We spent over 3 hours on the phone with them, kept being put on hold and told that not only would the call be charged to us but that we would have to pay extra for a one way flight to Europe. We finally ended up having to pay for a flight to Copenhagen, then to Oslo, on top of that we had to cancel our previous hotel plans in Oslo and pay for a new one since otherwise we would be stuck in Oslo airport for over an entire night. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever witnessed and if they continue to refuse to pay for all the extra money we had to spend in the last few hours, they absolutely will be hearing from my lawyer very soon. My mother has epilepsy and the stress from this situation made her feel ill.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Recently, my wife needed to return to Ukraine, due a family health emergency. I booked and paid for her ticket, that left Christchurch NZ, with a transit layover in Sydney Australia, of 3.30 hours. OneTravel, site, did not state or list that citizens from Ukraine and some other countries require a transit visa, to pass through Australia. This requirement is listed on their site for all other countries, where a transit visa is required. At the Christchurch airport, my wife was refused passage, because she did not have this travel visa. The airline was quite within its right to refuse her, however, to obtain an Australian transit visa, an application must be made to a commercial agency in Auckland NZ, that is only open, Monday to Friday 9 to 5.

The process to be issued a transit visa, takes 7 to 10 working days, plus postage time, and attracts a charge for this service. - ( The Australian government states that a transit visa can be obtain through their embassy free, but again takes 7 to 10 working days, plus postage time. I attempted to contact up to 10 advertised 24/7 emergency response numbers for OneTravel booking agency -- but everyone had the same recorded message - "nobody is availiable to take your call, so please call back another time" -or- "The number you are trying to reach is dis-connected, please check the number and try again." So my wife could not travel. During my mounting frustration, I found an email address, to direct emergency questions to, for assistance to, but, it took 3 days to get a response.

The airline that was the on-going travel from Sydney Australia to Ukraine, did list a emergency telephone number to contact, and when I explained the problem my wife was experiencing, they noted that she would not be able to proceed with their airline. I had previously advised the NZ section of the travel, Virgin airlines, that obviously my wife's ticket must be cancelled. I also sent an email to the on-going airline "Qatar airlines" as a follow up to the cancellation. I also sent an email to OneTravel booking agency confirming the cancellation of my wife's ticket, caused by the un-advertised travel restrictions. All these cancelation advices were done within 24 hours of my wife's travel being denied. What followed was for a period of over 30 odd days, after I advised I would cancel the visa credit card charges, was a large number of "please be patient and don't cancel the debit emails, we are working on a solution to your problem".

At the end of this period, and after I had received 2 telephone calls - (they stated they had attempted to make 5 others) - I was informed, that "due to the time delays, you took to notify us of the cancellations, we believe the airlines, may not issue you with a full refund." Then came the 2nd call, in which they stated, " your refund will be only approx 50% of what you paid, but be advised this refund may take up to 2 billing cycles for us to process." It was OneTravel booking agency that caused the problem by not advertising of transit visa requirements, and it was their delays, that resulted in a refund, not being able to given in full. 2 months after the intended travel by my wife, I received a 50% refund.

Both Visa inc, and my bank, ANZ, that advertise a resolution, will be resolved within 20 working days, for credit card disputes, also failed to give any customer assistance, towards the refund, even though, they were kept totally informed of the "fiasco" by OneTravel booking agency, at all times. Conversations I have had with other independent travel agencies, say, that OneTravel booking agency is well known for defrauding travelers, but, the credit card companies, and the banks, do absolutely nothing, about it. Many airline travelers, are can also be subjected to ticket cancellation, immediately at departure time because the airlines have previously cancelled their tickets with One Travel booking agency, due the price that OneTravel charged, cannot be honoured by the airline, as it is financially un-viable for the airline to do so. They refer to OneTravel booking agency as --- "a scam ". (I cannot help but agree, as this communique so explains).

Original review: May 17, 2018

My family and I planned a nice Europe vacation for this summer, and decided to buy the cheap flights that OneTravel offered for our flight back home from Venice. We booked our flight and seats 5 months before the scheduled flight, and thought all was well until we received an email 1 month before saying that our flight was canceled. Confused and upset, we called the service and politely asked for a refund. However, we realized that this company tried to confuse us with the amount we paid, as they offered to refund and a way lower amount than what we paid for. We realized what they were doing, and yelled at the employee, Christina, for not offering the proper amount given. Feeding off of your confusion, this company scams customers by canceling their flights, and refunding at a lower amount that what you pay for. Never again will I use this service.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I have purchased a round trip premium economy airplane tickets for overseas three months before my departure April 16th 2018 from a internet travel agency called OneTravel. My Southwest Airline connecting was delayed and I missed my overseas flight at that day. When I called the OneTravel customer service a service rep with very heavy Indian accent English right away he ask me to give him a credit card to charge $500 so I can take the next flight to overseas but, when I asked what flight or what class and do I get to have refund or at least partial refund of my airplane ticket he spoke to me the English that I really don't understand then he put me on hold for over 20 minutes until I was totally frustrated and hung up and purchased a new airplane ticket from the airline. After this incident I will never trusted the internet travel agency again. I rather purchase airplane ticket directly from the airline or local travel agency.

Dear Customer

In looking into your concerns I find your reservation booked through us for travel between San Francisco and Hong Kong. for April. I believe that your Southwest flight may have been booked elsewhere. We show no agents opened your reservation between February 1, 2018 and today May 17,2018 when I opened the reservation. Could you possibly have contacted the airline instead of our office or is there a different booking that I should be looking at?

Original review: May 16, 2018

I placed 3 flights with this company and at the end I realized the prices did not include baggage and seats. Since I am flying with my children I wanted to be prepared, so I wanted to cancel these flights and book directly with the airline. I booked three flights more than a month away and I canceled them within three hours of paying and they charged me $100.00 to cancel the flights. $100.00!!! It is absurd and ridiculous that they would charge for a cancellation within 24 hours. I would NEVER recommend this company to my enemies let alone someone I know. You will have better luck and save money by booking direct with the airline that they are offering discounts for.

Updated on 05/30/2018: I wrote a review a couple weeks ago about my experience of them ripping me off. After I wrote the review I will say that a manager did call me and agreed to refund all of my money including the "restocking fees." While I am still not happy with the policy I do appreciate that they accommodated me and in return I wanted to revise my review. Look before you purchase. When I ordered my flights from the airline direct, the cost was about $100.00 more, but I was able to choose my seats and add my luggage, which was not as easy on the OneTravel website.

Original review: May 10, 2018

It is very upsetting that OneTravel never refunded me the amount for the ticket to my booking. I can’t believe that I used online page to buy my ticket on beginning of last year 2017 and in December 2017 OneTravel emailed me that the airlines had stopped operation and I have to go directly to Santa Barbara. I live in USA. I paid to OneTravel. There is nowhere to go for that airline. They have no offices open here USA. There must be a department here in the USA that protects customer like me booking thought ONETRAVEL! And get my money back!

Original review: May 3, 2018

Avoid onetravel.com. I bought two tickets to travel from Caracas Venezuela to Miami USA, the airline canceled the flight and they never gave me back the money and they were not responsible. Try several times to communicate with OneTravel, at first I was told that my money would be returned in three months and it has been more than six months and nothing, I was left without the ticket and without the money. Much lack of seriousness. Horrible.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I bought an airline ticket through OneTravel.com. However, I could not use the ticket due to the hurricanes in the Caribbean in 2017 because my cruise line changed the ports of call. I called Onetravel to request in writing that the air tickets were non-refundable and that I did not receive any future travel benefits from OneTravel so that I can claim a refund. They refused to send me such an e-mail. I asked if I could explain the situation to a supervisor, they placed my call on hold TWICE for over 45 minutes. I am never again dealing with them if they cannot simply write an e-mail saying my ticket was non-refundable and they did not credit my account in any way. Horrible company.

OneTravel response

We are sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience. If you can please provide the booking number you were given we would be happy to look into your concerns.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Found a good flight deal on momondo.com. Was directed to OneTravel website. The ticket Nairobi-Athens by Turkish Airlines was 858 US$. I entered all the data, including me credit card number. The window changed, and message "We don't sell flights from the chosen city or airport"!!! appeared. I didn't know what to do, stayed with that window, thinking that I have already exposed my card details.

1 minute later a lady with an Indian accent called from the US number, and said that she is sorry, the flight is not available anymore at this price, but I can still book the same flight for 1,200 US$ (342 US$ more!!!). Or I can fly with another airline, for cheaper, but the flight duration is longer. I asked "How it is possible that the flight was available 5 minutes ago, and now is not?" She said "The flights can change in 1 second". She still tried to sell me more expensive ticket, which I refused. 5 minutes later I booked the same flights directly on Turkish Airline for much less money than she was trying to sell to me. Scum, 100 percent scum. I would give them 0 star rating, if I could.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Booked a ticket through them which cost $103.00, the return flight was rescheduled and I could not take the new flight because it was arriving late and I had a connecting flight. Called them only to be told that amending the reservation will cost me more than $200 (on a $103 flight???).

OneTravel response

We were sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience. If you would supply us with the booking number for your reservation we would be happy to look further into it for you.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I purchased a couple of tickets along with insurance in case of any change or cancellation. Unfortunately, I did had to cancel my flight due to a problem with the visa of the baby. I tried calling them but the number appears to be nonexistent, so then I contacted an agent via chat and had the worst service. They basically didn’t honor their promise and told me that they couldn’t help me, and that this now wasn’t their problem.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I have just booked a flight with OneTravel. I am in Canada and I booked a flight on a Canadian airline for a flight within Canada. Nowhere on the site did it mention US funds for this Canadian air travel. My credit card was billed in US funds and I of course paid MUCH more than I would have if I had booked directly with the airline. When I asked to execute the 24 cancellation only 30 minutes after I booked the flight I was told it would be $50 per passenger to cancel. When I asked to price match, they said they said they would not match the price due to the price being Canadian - of course I would have expected the exchange rate with a fee to be considered, but no... so I am stuck with tickets that cost over $100 more per ticket than I would have paid if I had booked directly with the airline. OneTravel is out to get you.

Original review: April 17, 2018

We used OneTravel to book our airfare. I needed to make a change, no customer service, online online. I made the request online, few weeks later they came back with a recommendation that didn’t work. The choices were accept the change or decline the change and pay the administrative fee. Well turns out the administrative fee is $175 US. Then it says a customer service agent will call you. They never did and never replied to my email to call me. Horrible horrible.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I made trip reservations to go south for a few weeks this winter and purchased the trip protection plan. I asked the salesperson what this protection covers and they told me 100 percent of the cost provided it was a covered reason. I was told this by other agents as well. Well my luck changed as I needed to have some surgery and it was to be done on the day after we were to fly out. Saying to myself that purchasing this insurance was a good idea. What a nightmare it turned out to be. I had to file a claim with all the documents which I did.

They only covered about half the amount I spent on the trip. I had the booking company telling me it should be 100% coverage but also had the insurance provider telling me it only covers the airfare. I had them telling me you need to get in touch with the booking company and the other telling me you need to get in touch with the insurance provider. I've been back and forth with them both for over 2 months. The last call to the booking company they told me a manager will call me back in 2 hours! It's been 2 days! Try to call there and talk to the same person, never happen! If you are buying a trip protection plan, ask them the full details of the plan and to also send you an email with the plan. Good Luck!

Original review: March 29, 2018

When dealing with this third party travel booking site, you will find the absolute cheapest air fares. BUT Beware! They will not bother to tell you that you will be paying hidden charges. I am ashamed to say that it took three vacation bookings to realize how you are not really getting what you paid them for. I was attracted to their very reasonable cancellation insurance. I suppose I never took the time to read all the fine print. I see on the blog -847 complaints about OneTravel - that the insurance they offer is not worth pointing off the agreement- as they Never honor the agreement. My first bad experience was the first airline booking with Sata Air. The four travelers paid $55 to OneTravel to book our four seats on the plane. When we checked in our seats had never been reserved and we forced to take terrible seats in the back of the aircraft. When we attempted to contact OneTravel seeking a refund, this group would never respond to our e-mails.

The next trip - in March 2018, we got apparently very good airfares through TAP Airline. However, when we checked in, we had to pay an additional $125 per checked bags ($440 each way for the four travelers) even though the information supplied by the OneTravel website regarding luggage on TAP indicated the first checked bag was free. The Tap check-in people told us the carry-ons and the first checked bag are free for normal passengers, but not for those who purchased discounted fares through a third party travel agency. They also told us that our third party ticket provider was obligated to inform us that the luggage was an additional charge; they provided us receipts for our luggage charge, so we could seek a refund from our OneTravel ticket provider. We have sent our complaint to OneTravel and they have never responded! It appears we may have to go through the court to get results or at least a response from this operator.

The other couple traveling with us, had booked a hotel for two night on our way home to extend their vacation. But early in the vacation, they experienced a medical emergency that made the vacation extension impossible. They advised OneTravel by E-Mail of their situation, cancelling the booking and asking to be refunded. OneTravel did not cancel the booking nor respond to their e-Mail. They are very frustrating to deal with- their contact phone numbers listed on the website does not work from Portugal. I hope this report will help others from being duped by this deceptive travel provider.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I had booked a flight home from the Philippines. I was looking at my receipt as pictured and it says make sure your name is exactly as it is on your passport or to have to call and have it fixed if it is incorrect. Mind you the only thing wrong was my middle name was abbreviated. So I call the customer service and they told me they can't change it and I have to pay $250 for cancellation and I had to purchase another ticket for $1150. I will never book with this company again. They will rip you off any chance they get.

Original review: March 22, 2018

“SKETCHY” doesn’t even begin to describe this company!!! We had a family emergency in Puerto Rico right after Hurricane Maria. As soon as we heard the airport was re-opening we went online to book our flight. Onetravel came up with what we thought was the best price. Unfortunately we booked through them. It took us several times of putting in our credit card info to only have the next screen come up that said “that flight is no longer available”. Of course every single time it happened the price kept rising. We finally got one to go through. We THOUGHT we were good. We got our email confirmation right away only to find they changed the dates on us. Our dates were NOT flexible.

We immediately called and spoke with an agent. She told us she could change us to the correct dates for an additional $163. We asked to just cancel the flight. She told us she could cancel the flight for us but there are no refunds. So much for their “Book with confidence” slogan! You can book with confidence, they will cancel you if you need to within their 24 hours, but don’t expect them to refund your money!!!! The girl asked what we wanted to do. Our choices were cancel the flight and lose our $400+ that we already paid OR pay the $163 charge to change to the correct date.

This all happened within 16 MINUTES!!! It's not like it was the next day. It was SIXTEEN MINUTES. Oh and like others have said…Beware of their extra charges. This $450 ticket ended up costing us over $800 once they added all their fees on there. This company is a TOTAL SCAM. Don’t get sucked in. Spend the extra $50 up front from a reputable company. Trust me it will save you a LOT of money and headaches in the future!!!

Original review: March 19, 2018

We book a flight for a friend but he had a family emergency so he had to get off that plane. That travel insurance is a ** scam... They will deny you and never give you a credit for the damn ticket. Never booking a ticket again ever. Y'all are wasting your money if you book a ticket and travel insurance. They make you wait a ** month to "review " but end up denying anyway. Family and friends never booking from this place. I have 2 words for this place. ** YOU.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I purchased flight insurance on a flight in order to make sure that I was able to cancel it if I needed to. The flight cost was 650 dollars, insurance was 60 dollars. The flight cost me 180 to cancel from the airline according to their policy, then OneTravel charged me an additional 250 to cancel. Purchasing the travel insurance was a complete waste. I will never buy from this company again.

Onetravel.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

OneTravel is a Pennsylvania-based travel website that was started in the mid-1990s.

• Newsletter: OneTravel uses a daily newsletter to keep its members updated on the latest deals.

• Hotels: Travelers can find discounts at over 84,000 hotels.

• International travel: OneTravel books hotels in and flights to countries all over the world.

• Business class flights: Travelers can specify that they want business class flights so they can focus on options that match their needs.

• Rewards: OneTravel members earn points that they can use to lower the prices of flights, hotel rooms and rental cars.

• Best for: International and budget travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs