1.08/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 21, 2017

1236 Travelocity Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

After I stood in line at the Stratosphere for 30 min to check in, they told me that my check out time would be Thursday. I said, "No here is my email from Travelocity and it say Friday just like I requested." The lady says, "Well we only have you booked in our system until Thursday and you will need to call Travelocity." When I did I was pretty much called a liar and I only booked until Thursday and the confirmation I had really didn't matter. Wasted a lot of time over $70 but that's not the point. I own a car dealership and we strive for customer experience and this was not a good customer experience. We travel a lot and send our employees on lots of training out of state. I will be looking for a new way of planning future trips.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I booked a round trip with car rental and hotel through Travelocity. The flight was the only thing that was fine. I got off the plane and went straight to the car rental place (Avis). They told me that I couldn’t get my car that I already paid for because I am only 20. On the Travelocity website, it says if you’re underage they will charge you extra. Which I was fine with because I already knew that. Had to call Travelocity to get my money back and had to go through a different car rental place (Hertz). They took me and charged me extra, but they only had an SUV which is way more expensive than a car. After I got my car I went to my hotel I booked. The worker asked for my name and I gave it to her then she said she has nobody by that name.

I pulled up my Travelocity account and showed her that it was booked. She said there was nothing she can do about it and I would have to call Travelocity because she was out of rooms for that night. Called Travelocity AGAIN. Sat at the hotel I originally booked for over an HOUR while on the phone with Travelocity. They refunded my money and tried to relocate me to a different hotel. The lady I was on the phone with kept putting me on hold to call another hotel and every time she put me off hold she would say “sorry miss but the hotels around you are all booked.” Like that helped. (It was harder to find a hotel because I’m not 21 yet. Most hotels' check in age are 21). My own mom ended up finding me a hotel so I hung up the phone with Travelocity. Called in the morning to make sure they refunded my money and gave me $200 dollars for a future trip. That’s it. Do not use Travelocity!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I booked a trip through Travelocity just prior to the hurricanes this past season. My travel destination in St. Thomas was destroyed, and with no intention to rebuild that specific home, I had to cancel my trip. When I made my travel plans, I purchased the travel insurance that was suggested by Travelocity. When my vacation house was destroyed, I was told that the fine print indicates that I have to be the owner of the house in order to get any type of refund awarded by my insurance. I found this vacation rental on VRBO.com, and I don't know about you, but I'm not aware of many people who vacation to their OWN HOMES. It was suggested by the insurance company that I call Travelocity directly, which I did, multiple times.

They've told me that if I cancel or reroute my trip, I can get a $400 credit for each round trip ticket, but to get that credit, I would have to pay a $250 charge per each round trip ticket, lessening my credit to just $150 per round trip ticket. I paid just over $1000 for each round trip ticket. And that's in addition to the new fees should I decide to reroute to another destination. Even WITH the credit, I am out in excess of $2000, and no one on Travelocity's end seems to care that an act of God derailed my trip, and the insurance that THEY referred me to, and I paid for, is of no use to me.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

They will charge you double and will never return your extra charged fee unless you call them more than 100 times. Some representative will listen to you for 30 min and will either disconnect you or they will transfer to another customer representative. It's a nightmare when you book your ticket with them.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Do not purchase Travelocity's insurance - there are so many loopholes. It's a waste of money. When I attempted to argue the point (they refused to cover a legitimate change fee) they kept me on the phone for over 30 minutes and kept telling me the same thing over and over - even after I repeatedly asked for them to stop and just book the flight. All told, Travelocity cost me over $800 in fees and alternate tickets that I should not have had to pay. I had been a loyal user for years and now will not only not use but will discourage others. They had the opportunity to do this right and keep a long-term customer but they chose not to.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Booked a round trip ticket with flight insurance. In the event of illness, injury and so on. I opted to pay additional money for this plan due to my having Osteoarthritis and a severe case at that. It turns out the night of my return trip I experienced severe muscle spasms in my neck and down my left arm. Unable to drive my rental car to airport leaving me trying to contact airline directly to no avail. I contacted Travelocity where they charged me 739.00 for new flight. Zero credit for flight I had paid for and insured. Referred me to a third party (ins co), and to simply start a claim to retrieve my original return flight amount, I have pages of paperwork and need a doctor's excuse to boot. I would have never spent the additional money if I thought it would not be useful.

In addition the second flight I booked they managed to book under my daughter's name and so I spent hours in line to find out I could not board the plane due to this. Telephoned Travelocity from airport to see if they could correct their error before boarding time, and no they could not even with a 2 hour plus window. They did credit my account for this however, I now had to book another flight that left 5 hours later which I forementioned was 739.00 approximately 300.00 more than the earlier flight. Travelocity gladly charged me 651.96 for their booking services!!! I would not recommend, but discourage anyone using this company. As for myself if they were selling the last ticket to heaven I would decline!!!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

These are the sequence of events: My brother-in-law living in Toronto breathed his last on Sep 30th, while I was in India. His services was scheduled for Oct 12th in Toronto. On Oct 4th, I booked my plane tickets as well as hotel (Trinity Suites) through Travelocity for 11th, Oct. The hotel price was $138.01. However, they charged me $199.00 on my credit card. On Oct 6th - 7th, while I was travelling back from India to the US, I received an email from Travelocity saying that I need to provide proof of identity via email and they wanted the following: A copy of your government issued ID and a picture of the name on the credit card, and the last 4 digits - within 2 hours for last minute bookings, and 24 hours for other bookings (please do not send a picture with the full credit card details).

I got in touch with Travelocity on Oct 9th, and told them that I am NOT going to provide govt. issued ID cards through unsecured emails and also complained about the sudden hike in prices from $138.01 to $199. They volunteered to talk to Trinity Suites and get the reservation cancelled. I also talked to Trinity Suites answering services several times and they only assured me that the booking was on track. Just before taking my flights to Toronto on Oct 11th, I received an email from Travelocity that Trinity Suites has refused to cancel my reservation. I talked to them and they assured me that if I show them my ID and CC when I reach, it would be fine.

I went to the Trinity Suites premises at 2.30 PM on the 11th, but I was told that I need to get the instructions from the owners. I called the Trinity Suites answering service at least 3 - 4 times and was told that the instructions should come to me before 4.00 PM which is the check-in time. I talked to Travelocity representatives also during this time who assured me of the reservation. Finally at 4:15 pm, when I called the Trinity Suites answering service, they told me that I will NOT be getting instructions since I refused to email them my govt. issued ID card and CC information. I called Travelocity shortly after to register my complaint and suddenly I received an email from Travelocity that my hotel reservation has been cancelled. Travelocity informed me on Oct 20 that no refund will be available to me. Travelocity along with Trinity Suites in Toronto are engaged in fraudulent activities.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I booked a flight and decided on a 2 stop (3planes) before final destination as it was the least expensive. The airline ended up canceling my 2nd plane 2 weeks before my trip. I never found out as Travelocity (nor the airline) sent me any notice. When I go online to do the check in the day before is when I find out. I called the airline first and they blamed Travelocity so they did not help me.

I called Travelocity and after being transferred to a second customer service-after a 32 min wait call-it took them 2 additional hrs of looking in their system to find me a flight and then had to wait additional 42 min for them to get "permission" from the airline to change my flight. I will NEVER again book with Travelocity or any other of these "middleman" companies for that matter. I felt helpless at their mercy to find another flight after the mess up. If they work with all these airlines, why did it take so long to rebook me?? I'm sure they were trying to find again a cheap flight and were willing to make me lose my vacation at my expense.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I booked a $130 flight through them and purchased a $20 flight CANCELLATION PLAN because I knew there was a possibility that I may need to cancel the flight. I found out almost a week before the flight that I did have to cancel it. When I called to cancel it they refused to refund my money because of the airline's policy. It is absolute nonsense. The bottom line is they are stealing money from people. Don't use this website.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Had to change flights due to cruise line cancelling cruise due to hurricane Maria. American Airlines issued a Special Travel Notice Affecting Cruise Customers waiving all change fees. Travelocity had already charged me $800 in change fees that American Airlines state they should not have. Travelocity refuses to refund or credit the overpayment. None of the 6 people I have spoken to at Travelocity can speak decent English and they all tell me a different story contradicting themselves and each other. Most stated I was not charged change fees. However, I have their itemization of what I was charged and it clearly shows I was charged $800 in change fees. Trying to resolve with American Airlines. Will never do business with Travelocity/Expedia again and suggest anyone else think twice. You are not saving money but only asking for grief.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Unfortunately I had to cancel a trip booked on Travelocity. I was sent a note that I would have a credit with Travelocity and I understood there would be a $200 change fee when using the credit. I called Travelocity which took an extended amount of time to get through and they told me the route I wanted to use the credit on was not available. Huh? I could have booked a new reservation right then on their site but somehow I couldn't use a credit to book it? They will find every excuse they can to not let you use the credit, I expect because they get to keep the credit. Do yourself a favor and find another booking site. I know I will for all future bookings.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

On Sep 21 I sit down in front of my computer to plan my next family vacation, after I hit Submit I became aware of 2 mistakes on my vacation package, the first one was my own mistake (I misspell my wife name), the second one was a change on return flight that I did not select. Trying to solve issue #2 through online links on the website end up costing me ($140 X 3 Tickets) more due cancellation charges added by American Airlines. Calling and waiting 45 min on the line (both American Airlines and Travelocity) did not help on reversing the transaction or fixing my wife name on the tickets. 3 hours after the transaction I called Travelocity and decided to cancel everything. Even they have a 24 hour no fee cancellation policy (including American Airlines) I was left with $1200.00 dollars to pay on my credit card. I am still fighting the charges. I will never use this service again.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

My itinerary said I would owe $501 at the Thrifty Car Rental counter and it included "all mandatory taxes and fees." When I arrived in Iceland at 4:30 a.m. I was asked for $650. I protested. I was told "it's the conversion rate." (Virtually 1:1, btw.) I decided to save the fight for when I was warmer, drier and better rested. The Travelocity "customer service" rep had a clear list of retorts ready for me that ranged from the absurd to the ludicrous. In the end, there was no remedy for me. The additional VAT of $150 was nothing they had control over. But he would surely pass on my concerns of FALSE ADVERTISING on their site up the chain. He consoled me that I was not the only person who complained. Do not trust the quote. It's not anywhere near what you will have to pay, despite the tag line to the contrary.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I booked a trip to Orlando and purchased travel insurance. Insurance states that I can cancel for any reason. I cannot go and they are happy to refund my hotel but will not refund airline tickets. The airline was the bulk of the cost at $1,700. I purchased the insurance for the whole trip. What good is it to cancel the hotel but not the airline? It makes no sense and I am FURIOUS. To make it worse, I have been on the phone for hours, missing a day of work to deal with these crooks! Crooks and there's not a thing that I can do about it. Me against them. It's despicable that this company can get away with this. From the other reviews that I've read, Travelocity is making a fortune from this phony travel insurance.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

We selected the Nefeles Hotel in Santorini, Greece. To our surprise getting to the hotel was an trudge up the streets and our room at the hotel was 4 1/2 flights of walking. My wife and I are seniors (72 and 66) and this hotel created physical hardships for us. Nowhere in the hotel description was it mentioned that there was these conditions. We had to get another hotel and was told by the hotel management that there will be no refund. Our Travelocity rep simply stated the same and would not do anything for us. We are out over 1,200 dollars. We relied on Travelocity but they did nothing to describe the hotel nor did they fight for us for a refund. No personal service existed.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I purchased 2 tickets to travel to and from Portland, Or. I purchased Cancellation insurance so that I would be protected. Well, that was a huge mistake. Evidently, you have to be ill or dead to use the insurance. And according to other complaints lodged against Travelocity, travelers affected by hurricanes Irma and Maria could not use the insurance that they purchased either. One traveler stated that they had a friend in ICU and they would not honor the cancellation policy either. When do they honor the policy? DON'T GET THE INSURANCE AND DON'T PURCHASE FROM TRAVELOCITY!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

We booked a hotel with Travelocity in Lisbon at the Olissippo Castelo. We were to pay the hotel at the end of our stay. Due to Hurricane Irma we were forced to leave 2 days earlier since all other flights were being canceled. They said we would have to pay them for the full amount and contact Travelocity for any refunds, which I do not understand since I did not pay Travelocity!!

I spent hours costing $125.00 to attempt to contact Travelocity. Impossible!!! I have written letters, only to get a response that they are in receipt of my request. 2 weeks later... To date I have not received any notification. For those who have gone thru this ordeal with changing travel plans due to Hurricane Irma you understand my frustration as I have read yours as well. I will "NEVER" book or refer to them for any bookings!! Their customer service especially if you were from US trying to leave from Europe is inexcusable!!! Now we have contacted American Express. If a hotel which you refer to is not complying with rules take them off.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Due to natural disaster (hurricane destroying Puerto Rico) we had to cancel our trip. Travelocity was the worst customer care that I've ever received, and nothing got resolved without me calling the 2 airline carriers personally. The total protection plan I purchased would not refund my money or save me from rebooking fees because they don't cover natural disaster of your travel destination. WTF. After 3 calls to Travelocity and over 2 1/2 hours on the phone yesterday, they did nothing to help. I called the airlines directly and they immediately cancelled my flight, gave me credits and waived the rebooking fee. I will never book with Travelocity again, and warn you not to either.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I had booked a trip, with cancellation insurance, to St. Martin before hurricane. Since travel there is not possible due to destruction I tried to cancel my plane ticket. Travelocity stated that this was a nonrefundable ticket. I tried to tell them this was due to an "Act of God", and not something I wanted, and they told me they could not do it. I stated I have travel insurance for this, and they told me it does not cover this situation. After trying to work with them, and I have been an excellent customer, I told them I would never use them again and contacted my credit card company who refunded the money. They were neither helpful, tried to resolve the problem, etc. They are terrible.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I purchase airline tickets through Travelocity with their Total Protection Plan. However even after proving that my travel companion was in the ICU they would not refund the ticket. I had other reservations with other entities who gave me no problems whatsoever. I submitted documents and answered phone calls for hours with Travelocity and they still would not refund it.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Had to change reservations due to a Hurricane, ticket were changed the original were First Class, they changed to coach without informing me. When I called back 15 minutes later, I waited on the phone, with three transfers to managers, then supervisors and THEN corporate for a total of 8 hours on the phone. Was told all was taken care of, given First Class. When I waited the 24 hour period for all the paperwork to be completed, I called the airline to inform them of a service animal, then told I wasn't ticked! I'm on the phone NOW for 3 hours and supposed to travel in LESS THAN 24 HOURS, to say I'm upset would be an understatement. This is the kind of service you get in a Third World Country. I will NOT be using Travelocity AGAIN!!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I booked a round-trip flight for a trip to Florida and Disney World which was two years in saving and planning. I chose morning flights going to Orlando and leaving Orlando. But when I checked my itinerary I see that my flight to Orlando is leaving late at night not mid-morning as booked. Purchased cancellation Insurance but it does not cover flight errors #travelocityerror. And American Airlines wants $800 to change to a morning flight one way. Trip ruined, cannot pick up rental car getting there at midnight with two small children, cannot check into Condo in time. So mad I could choke Travelocity. Will dispute with my bank as I do not trust Travelocity to own it or rule in my favor. No way would I book a flight at this time working with a set Itinerary and timeline and traveling with small children, and will never ever buy cancellation insurance scam again.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Stay away from Travelocity! It took me 5 phone calls, the last of which lasted 2 hours! And what did I get for all my time and efforts? Nothing! I was trying to cancel a hotel reservation but it was impossible as there was no way to contact the hotel. Who puts a hotel on their website that you can't contact? The idiots at Travelocity, that's who.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Gets 1 star only because there are no zeros. I had to cancel my trip because of the hurricane. Trouble is, the hotel won't talk to me because I booked through Travelocity. I called Travelocity and they say it will be 25+ hours for a callback. Why even bother? Now I am out $200 for a hotel room I cannot use. Lesson learned; I will never again book anything through Travelocity.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I was quoted a total price of $212.80 for two identical rooms. When checking in I was charged $275.80. I was overcharged $63. The Hotel (Palmetto Inn Florence, SC) was rated a 3 stars by Travelocity but was not entitled to anything over a one star. Hotel only furnished one towel per room even though there were two people in each room. No waste baskets in any room. Had Swimming Pool which was closed. Had three ice machines which all were out of order. Advertised free breakfast but management told us there was no breakfast served. Advertised microwave and refrigerator in each room. One room had no refrigerator. Both rooms were not clean and beds looked as if someone just slept them.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

08/24/2017, I booked Zocalo Hotel with no cancellation fee and was charged 417.03. Itinerary **. 08/25/2017, I changed my mind and canceled. I was only refunded 229.03 out of the 417.03 and per Travelocity, hotel charged 187.00 for canceling after 1 day. This was not disclosed. The cancellation fee even cost more than the room itself (157.81). What a very steep price to pay for nondisclosure of the cancellation fee of the hotel. Shame on Travelocity for the customers that are ripped off for non full disclosure. I want a full refund for my hard earned money.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I booked a ticket for my wife and my daughter to visit me from another country, and also purchased a "Total Protection Plan" for each of them. The "Total Protection Plan" said that the travel insurance covers cancellation and changes to the booked itinerary. I called Travelocity and tried to make a change for my wife and daughter's flight back to their home in another country. The customer service representative at Travelocity told me that the extra cost for changing flight would be more than $1000 dollars, and there is no money back for cancellation. The quality of customer service provided by Travelocity is low, and the "Total Protection Plan" advertised by Travelocity is worth of nothing.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

Booked a car with Enterprise through Travelocity.com. My pick up/drop off location was Chicago O'hare International Airport. Once I booked my car, the confirmation said pick up/drop off location as Elmhurst, IL. I was a bit concerned about this. I called CSR at Travelocity and after spending 35-40 mins on the phone, they confirmed that the location will be at the O'hare airport. I requested an email to confirm. I trusted them because I've used Travelocity/Expedia for domestic and international travel before and I had never had any problems. Well this time was not the case.

Once I was at the Enterprise counter at O'hare, they quoted me a rental fee twice the amount of my reservation through Travelocity. Then they said that they didn't have a car for me at all. I called Travelocity, the agent couldn't fix the issue. I was transferred to the manager. After spending 45 minutes on the phone at 5am, the "manager" said he couldn't do anything because I had not prepaid the reservation. I was forced to take the shuttle back to the airport went to Alamo a "sister" company to Enterprise, they also said they had no car for me. Went back to the airport and finally made it to Hertz, where I was able to find a car at a premium price. I was venting with the Hertz rep and she told me that Travelocity does the same thing to them.

The Hertz rep told me that Travelocity searches for the cheapest rate "near" despite of your desired and indicated location, and books it, tricking you into something you don't want. I mean how were they expecting me to get to Elmhurst, IL from O'hare without a car? Will never use Travelocity/Expedia nor Enterprise again. Enterprise bad customer service leaving me to my own devices. Travelocity for lying and forcing me to waste time on my vacation with family trying to find alternate means of transportation. This is borderline fraud!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I had an overseas flight back scheduled for Aug the 8th. My itinerary # is **. I had some medical problems that prevented me to take that flight. I called the Travelocity Phone #**. I changed the flight back for Aug the 16th. I paid an extra U$300 for the change. Note that my round trip flight cost me U$ 840. Note too that today's fare are: - Round trip (NY- Colombia-NY): U$460 and one way flight from NY: U$260. The info source is the WEB different agencies (Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.,etc).

I had to postpone my return trip to Colombia again, for medical problems that were not solved in the time estimated. I called the agency again and I was told on the phone that the new fare for the return amounted TO U$ 2,600!!! I insisted on verification because the cost was undeniable highly abusive, completely disproportionate to the market conditions and my situation. That horrendous price was reconfirmed by the Travelocity agent. What can we do to stop this usual abusive practices!! I have flown at least 80 times and I do not have a good opinion about theses travel businesses. I will dispute the credit card charge of U300 that I already paid for nothing!! The agency and airline (?) made impossible the flight back that I have already paid TWICE!!! I appreciate to have had the opportunity to let someone know about some of the mistreatments a customer receives.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I reserved a room for my daughter and myself only to find out an hour later she had made a reservation also. I call immediately to cancel my reservation only to find out that my credit card had been charged the full amount of the room for two nights. I was told that I could not cancel. I called my credit card company and informed them to dispute the charges and called the hotel back. They denied charging my account and said that Travelocity had charged the card. It will be 3 days before I get a refund on the $300. Very bad business practice. They should be out of business!!!

Travelocity expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Travelocity is a Dallas-based travel company owned by Sabre Corporation, a travel technology company that has been in business since 1960.

• Hotels: Travelocity lists rooms from over 271,000 hotels around the world.

• Inspirational guides: Vacationers who don't know where to go can use Travelocity guides to get inspired.

• Mobile app: Travelocity's mobile app offers exclusive discounts and lets travelers access their reservations on the go.

• Vacation packages: Vacation packages can help travelers save money getting to and staying in their destination cities.

• Price guarantee: Travelocity will match better deals and give customers $50 travel coupons for future trips.

• Best for: Budget, domestic and international travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs