Travelocity

Compare Travel Sites

Research top Travel Sites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I booked a flight and car reservation through Travelocity. When I arrived at the airport there was a systems outage at Hertz and they could not honor my reservation because I booked through Travelocity. I called Travelocity and they offered me a refund the car reservation which I accepted. After the call I booked a brand new car directly through a car rental company. A few weeks went by and still no refund from Travelocity. I called Travelocity to inquire about the refund and the agent helping me claimed that there is no record of the refund ever being granted to me and he would not let me speak with a supervisor and refused to help any further. I had to file a claim with my credit card company to get my money back. Absolutely terrible company and I will tell everyone I know to avoid them like the plague.

I booked a flight reservation with Travelocity from my pc, at home in the Central Time Zone, at around 12:45 p.m. on yesterday, Nov. 30, 2016. Travelocity has a courtesy 24 hour cancellation policy that allows you to cancel until 12:59pm Pacific Time on the day AFTER you make the flight reservation. So, I should have had until 12:39pm tonight, Dec 1, to cancel. That time has not arrived yet. I started trying to cancel the reservation before 10pm last night, Nov 30. That was less than 24 hours after I made the reservation. Travelocity's web system would not let me cancel because they were "Bagged," saying that I should check back later or call.

Believing that I had until 12:59pm tonight to cancel, I waited and tried online again to cancel this morning, just after 3am Central Time. I was told that Travelocity's system shows I made the reservation at 10:45pm Pacific Time on Nov 29, that their computer is on Pacific Time. Therefore, when I made the reservation on Nov 30 at 12:45 am Central Time, their system shows I made it 2 hours earlier because they are on Pacific Time, causing the reservation to show that it was made a day earlier, on Nov 29 instead of Nov 30. Therefore, they said I had to cancel by 12:59pm Pacific Time last night, Nov 30.

No one at Travelocity tells customers in their cancellation policy that for cancellation purposes, the time you make your reservation is based on Pacific Time, rather than your actual time zone. It has taken me over an hour on the telephone talking to 3 different people and no one cares one bit that their cancellation policy is misleading and not fully explained to customers in advance.

This problem of your reservation showing made a date earlier than you made it would only occur if you make the reservation in the early hours after midnight in your time zone before Pacific Time changes to the next day. I happen to think it is significant and misleading, however. Even the email confirmation I received regarding the reservation is marked 1:10 am on November 30, 2016. Note that nowhere on the reservation does Travelocity state what date I made the reservation. If the reservation had said Nov 29 instead of Nov 30, that is something I might have caught and made sure I cancelled by Nov 30.

When I went to book a flight online it showed $282. When I went to the trip summary it showed $464. That is a $910 difference when purchasing 5 tickets. I got out of the site and tried it multiple times. Each time with the same results. I spent nearly 2 hours on the phone talking to 3 levels of customer support. I made one of them go through the same step by step procedure that I was going through. He came up with the exact same results as I did. He could not explain why. I will never go through Travelocity again!!!

Land in Orlando Thanksgiving night with car reservations through Travelocity. When we get to the car rental agency with a bus load of other people, there are no cars. They were overbooked and did not offer any solutions. They did not help re-book to other car rental places only took us back to airport to fend for ourselves. They did offer that would REIMBURSE cab fare from there to hotel and back the next day to pick up a car, but couldn't guarantee they'd have cars. It was a terrible experience.

I applied a coupon during the checkout process and the coupon was shown to be valid. After making the reservation, I noticed the final price did not reflect the coupon. Since the booking was nonrefundable, I could not cancel and rebook. Travelocity's customer service refused to apply the $10 coupon knowing I'm not able to cancel the reservation. Though $10 is not much, I still felt deceived by their checkout process.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

I booked a hotel today with Travelocity. I found a cheaper rate and went online to use their price match guarantee. The website would not do it, so I called. I spent over an hour on the phone getting transferred, having customer service reps go back and forth with supervisor, getting a supervisor on the phone. In the end, she did see the lower price, but said she could not help me. I would need to cancel my reservation, restart my computer and try again, that it can only be done online. A huge waste of time, I took my business elsewhere. I will never use them again, and don't understand how they can post a guarantee and not honor it!

Bought travel protection plan from Travelocity. When needed to cancel my travel Travelocity wanted me to cancel my flight directly via Spirit Airlines. However, Spirit Airlines issues me vouchers to use within 60 days. I am stuck with these vouchers and may not be able to use it at all. Travelocity denied to issue me vouchers which can be used beyond 60 days. The documentation of the Travel Protection Plan does not state any limitation of 60 days when issuing vouchers. The policy does not have limitation for 60 days.

Bought a travel package, flight and hotel with Travelocity for $1634.63. Also, added insurance called Travel Protection in case of having to cancel it for $140.00. The company reserved the hotel and flight and charged me a total of $1774.63. When tried to cancel the package, they won't cancel it and telling me to contact the Spirit Airlines directly to cancel. When contacting Spirit Airlines, they offer credit vouchers which I have use within 60 days. Then what was the use of the travel protection package.

I purchased the travel protection package insurance to avoid this kind of mishap. On the travel protection package terms and conditions, it does not say that I will be given a voucher which I have to use within 60 days. It only says that a voucher, credit can be issued (without any time limitations). I have no plans to travel within next 60 days. I was expecting to get voucher which can be used anytime without any time limitation.

Travelocity is charging me for three night at a lodge. We only stayed for two nights but they are saying that we have to pay a cancellation fee. We didn't cancel, we stayed at the hotel. Travelocity is just insisting that we have to pay for the three nights even though on a number of occasions the hotel has told them that that is wrong. They are a bunch of idiots! I will never see that money. Book Directly. The rates are better and the service is better. There is no advantage to using Travelocity.

We made hotel reservations using Travelocity because their site stated that no charges would be incurred until we arrived. In fact, there was a pay now or pay later option. I selected the pay later, but was immediately charged with. Non-refundable one night charge. When I called Travelocity they changed their site to show a deposit was required, but did not offer any help with the charge. Do not use them! I learned a hard lesson and will never use them again!

I've now been on with Travelocity for over an hour... maybe 15 minutes actually speaking to a representative, the rest of the time I have been on hold. Book a package through them. Their website showed my cc was declined. Lie #1. The trip I was trying to book was a total cost (flight, car, taxes and fees... everything). That was lie #2. After card was declined I wake up the next morning with a notification from my bank showing Travelocity had deducted $243.65 from account. Which brings me back to the phone call I have been on (mentioned in first sentence). I was on hold with a supervisor - he has my "number to call me back in the event we are disconnected" because he read it back to me. I was just disconnected after 1 hour and 2 minutes. Think anyone called me back?? Nope!

I have read many people have been scammed in the same manner, "taking a person's money, debiting their account, countless phone calls from the consumer, countless conversations, multiple phones calls yet nothing. If there is a lawyer out there that would take this case I can provide all my documentation as I am sure most if not all of us here complaining here could provide details. Please look into this for us. We have all lost not just money, but time, vacations, dreams, the list goes on and on. It will continue to happen until someone goes to bat for us. Will you help?

On hold with rep for 23 min inquiring about our reservation and found as I booked room that it had already been booked at the same time, mind you they took monies for said room. Really disappointed and dissatisfied. Highly recommend using a different site, period.

In December 2015 my daughter and I were to fly to Reno for a Christian women's conference. When I made my flight and hotel reservations through Travelocity I was healthy but when the time to travel came, I was under doctor's orders not to fly. I called Travelocity and they were unable to refund even a portion of my $567.00 airline money. They did refund my hotel money. BUT I could use some of the money for future travel within one year. They would keep some of the money but it was never clear to me why they could not refund all of the money except that I had not purchased traveler's insurance.

Well in December 2016 I am taking a flight and when I checked the rates they were pretty high. Then I remembered, "oh yes, I have airline credits through Expedia". So I telephoned them and I had $497.00 but they would keep $125.00 for each of my airline tickets. Again I never understood why. But I thought $247.00 off of the tickets would be better than paying the full fare. After they booked the flight, the cost for two tickets was more than I would pay by purchasing two tickets myself without any airline credit from Expedia. So I did not book through Expedia but instead booked through the airline and saved money. Hence I have been cheated out of over $567.00. The $567.00 I paid originally for the airlines became $497.00 after they kept a portion of the money for whatever reason I do not know.

Then when actually trying to use the $497.00 this amount was now only $247.00 because they needed $250.00 for some unknown reason ($125.00 per ticket they said). So in all I have lost $567.14. I wonder where my money went and who has it. Obviously they never paid for tickets I never used so someone somewhere has $567.14. Being old is difficult enough but being ripped off is inexcusable.

Travelocity publish a fraudulent company. This company will charge 300 USD more, and they don't have real address, email, phone, and check in/out is in a public place for their safety. What "Midtown Furnished Apartment" had done was beyond my comprehension, and Travelocity didn't care about it.

On the confirmation page at the bottom of the page next to a bullet point, in bold font, it states: "Tickets are refundable." They are not. Don't book with Travelocity. This is intentionally deceiving and they know it.

I booked a hotel for 4 nights. Upon arrival I was uncomfortable with the safety of the hotel room. It opened to a parking lot in the back of the hotel in a questionable area of town. The shower had mold in the ceiling and the room had a weird smell. The following morning I found a safer, cleaner hotel but was informed that I could not cancel my remaining unused nights. Very disappointing that I was locked into my reservation even though it was unsatisfactory. If I had booked through the hotel I could have cancelled.

I booked a flight to Canada with Travelocity October 2016 and bought into its associated services, such as insurance and an automobile. Within 4 hours, I had to cancel the itinerary. I received written confirmation of the cancellation via email. However, Travelocity DID NOT CANCEL THE ASSOCIATED SERVICES. I did not become aware until I checked my November credit card account. By then, the start-date of the insurance policies had transpired and ALLIANZ refused to cancel their policy or issue a refund. To further insult me, the telephone representative in Mexico City declared I was in Canada and I could not possibly be calling from my home in the USA.

I don't know where to begin. I booked my honeymoon flight through this company. I went into our account a month before to make sure everything was good. I am glad I did because they changed our flights WITHOUT notifying us. I was then on hold trying to get a supervisor on the phone for 18 HOURS (I have documentation). All I got at the end was an "I'm sorry" which I know was scripted and a $200 voucher. When we got to our destination our hotel didn't even know when we were arriving due to TRAVELOCITY changing our flights, so we had to wait for transportation to our hotel. I then was stupid enough to try and use the voucher. It has been a headache from the beginning. I have told all of my friends, family, and co-works NOT to EVER use Travelocity. Horrible company, horrible customer service.

I booked a package deal with TRAVELOCITY - flights, accommodation and car hire for December. I expected ONE transaction for an amount of AUS $1200. Instead TWO UNAUTHORISED transactions were made out of my account. I reported these to TRAVELOCITY. I had to set up a twitter account to communicate with them. I had to cancel my bank card. I am missing $1500 out of my account. My bank is investigating the transactions however may take over 40 days to resolve! I have provided all the information I have to TRAVELOCITY so they can investigate Expedia and other companies they use. I am yet to receive any service other than back and forth emails that tell me nothing. I am yet to have these amounts refunded. I have no idea about the status of the actual package I wanted to book which means our plans to celebrate a milestone birthday are in disarray. NOT HAPPY.

I used Travelocity to book a round trip airplane ticket which cost $388 total; I had not previously used their services. I booked online for a trip planned within 3 months and while booking an option popped up to include flight insurance in case of change or cancellation, so I paid an additional $49 for peace of mind. A month later I discovered I needed to depart and return one day earlier. I called Travelocity to change travel dates, but was advised I selected the wrong insurance that they have many insurance options, but the one I purchased only covers me in case of a medical emergency. I replied the only option they offered is the one I purchased. I was told I would need to pay an additional $200 each way ($400) plus applicable change fees and tax, in other words, pay twice the price for the insured trip.

I asked to at least be refunded for the insurance but was told they only refund insurance within 10 days of purchase. I calmly advised to rep I will never use Travelocity again. A few days ago I learned the same thing happened to my relative who was flying internationally. How sad it is that this company is padding its pockets by cheating unsuspecting consumers.

Travelocity sent an email offering 14% discount. However, no opportunity arose to enter the discount code. After 30 minutes on the phone with Travelocity, I ended the call and cancelled the reservation. Travelocity solicited my business and failed to deliver on their promise. WARNING: If promo code cannot be entered before credit card information is entered, end the process lest you end up with full charges and not discounted charges.

We gave away trips during our company picnic and one of my employees used hers as a weekend birthday trip in Las Vegas. The pictures were beautiful for the resort she chose, and the price was amazing. She took the 4 hour drive and the room she got was so not the room she expected. We booked a larger room on the website, and the confirmation came back different, smaller room for the same price. She got on the phone with Travelocity and not only were they completely unhelpful, they were extremely rude to her as well. Then she was charged an upgrade fee because the room she was promised had a balcony; this room did not.

When she came back to work on Monday, I called in to speak to a rep at Travelocity. Nicolette, the girl I spoke to, acted as though she couldn't care less about the fact that we were unhappy with our booking. She transferred me then to Jack, a manager who was even less helpful. They offered me a $75 coupon to use on another booking. I have to take a trip at the end of next month, so I went ahead and booked that through Travelocity thinking I could use the coupon... Wrong again. Jack failed to mention that the coupon could only be used for a flight & hotel combination. Needless to say, we will NOT be booking through Travelocity EVER again, and I will submit this review to everyone I know.

I had booked round trip flights with insurance and had to abruptly change the first flight. I spoke with Travelocity, and even a supervisor, who offered nothing but mechanical scripted responses and were unwilling (or incompetent) to offer other viable solutions. They never once asked me WHY I needed to change my flight a simple 24 hours earlier. They never asked if I could fly into a different airport to try to save money, or cancel partial or anything. They only wanted my credit card. They should be ashamed of themselves taking advantage of family emergencies (we had a death in the family). Why even have the insurance? For a 'credit' with them that only lasts nine months? Never EVER again will I book with them or Jet Blue. Buyer beware!

I paid for airline insurance in the event of a cancellation... or something like that. After being called that my hotel had to cancel my stay, I turned to Aon Insurance who is the insurance I bought under Travelocity. This all began on 10/1/16. Today I received a letter stating that this is not covered by their insurance. WHAT DONT YOU UNDERSTAND PEOPLE? I WAS CANCELLED... NOT I CANCELLED. Travelocity and their Aon insurance is a scam! I lost over $408.00, and I bought insurance! SCAM SCAM SCAM BBB BBB BBB.

I booked my trip six months before my trip in my married name. I didn't realize it until I got to the airport. 1st out of the country trip EVER! To make a long story short, I was on the phone with the booking agent for 2 hours before they told me that they could not edit my last name. They kept blaming it on the airlines and when I placed the airline on the phone w/ Travelocity claimed that it was too much of a short notice. They basically say, "NO" until you say, "YES" to purchasing another ticket.

After coming back from the trip because of course I had to buy another ticket (not w/ Travelocity) they told me they would issue me a credit voucher in the amount of my flight from their corporate office. They claimed it would be attached to my itinerary and I could use it to book my next flight/trip. Well when I went to book my flight of course it was not available. The customer service rep said he saw it in the system and went to check on the status and then came back with an interrogation. I asked to speak with the Supervisor and he claim he didn't see anything! What? Then the corp. Manager DJ did not care that he was losing a valued customer and claimed he was doing us a great service with an undelivered $200.00 voucher.

After two hours on the phone with customer service rep, Supervisor Robert, and good old manager DJ from corporate said he would attached a $200.00 voucher from a $600.00 to my account, mind you I paid $1,300.00 for another flight and as you already know, again the voucher is not available. At this point for all my time, money, and humiliation I want a full refund for my entire trip! BUYER BEWARE!!!

I have never been thought anything as confusing and unjust as this treatment. There are many levels of "supervisors" on the floor when you call in to Travelocity. You cannot get to the bottom of your concern. There are different answers, long wait times, the insurance is worthless. We had to cancel my husband's ticket due to an emergency operation. I was credited the $590, although, I will be hit with the change fee when HE re-books. And although it was my credit card, only HE can re-book. I had insurance, but it covers nothing.

Now, 7 months later, Travelocity located my credit, took my new flights - put me on hold for 45 minutes. A angry woman finally came back on the line, not with Travelocity, but with Alaska airlines. The lady from Travelocity was gone. The angry woman from Alaska airlines asked me why I was on the phone. What am I supposed to tell her? I haven't any idea why she is on the phone. She told me that they have no records of my flight. If I have problems with that, I can call their business office in the morning. The only fact I see here is I am out $590, and I have a headache!

In August 2016 I booked a flight and hotel with Travelocity to go to Hawaii. I was very excited and it only cost us 1400.00. FROM the very beginning the trip was horrible. I called Travelocity and upgraded my seat on plane as well... another 300.00. I get to the airport and they don't have my upgraded seats. They tell me I have to call Travelocity to figure out the problem. I end up sitting in seats that were not my upgrade and separated from my friend for a 6 hour flight. Then I get to the hotel in Hawaii and it's nothing like the pictures they show on travelocity. It's gross, dirty, sheets are filthy dirty and I look down and there are bugs crawling on my suitcase. I'm there maybe 5 mins. I go down stairs and tell them I'm not staying. They tell me I have to call travelocity.

I sit on hold for over an hour in the pouring rain just for them to tell me I still have to pay for one night at the hotel. They tell me they will only give me 477 back (only ended up giving me 417 back). Finally I say fine could they please help me find another hotel. He looks and comes back to tell me he can't help me. I finally get a ride back to the airport where I search for hours to find a hotel under 500 dollars a night. All rooms are full in that area. I finally rent a car and sleep in the car and finally end up finding a room an hour away for 269 a night. Mind you I thought my trip was paid for so I had very little money with me. I ended up with no money and spent my entire vacation in a hotel room with no money for gas or food. Luckily the hotel served breakfast. I work very hard and have very little money. I saved up for an entire year for this trip just to come back in debt and extremely stressed out. I will never ever use Travelocity again.

First, I am or I should say was a long time customer of Travelocity until now. My wife and I booked a flight & hotel which I always do and wanted to change from economy to Business class due to the length of the flight. My call to Travelocity was from Germany and I had to call twice both times well over extended hold times once I started speaking to an agent. I also called the airlines because the first agent told me their system was not working correct and the airlines could make the change. In addition this same agent told me I could not get the same return flight. Now, after twice calling the airlines they explained Travelocity could make the changes and both original flights were available.

So, I called Travelocity again explained what I had found out. Was put on hold again only to get the story that their system was not working properly. What really is funny the agent wanted me to remain on hold until they fixed the problem. What!!! Have decided to a better way to go from here on. I do not recommend and here is Travelocity's policy word for word and they tried to deny it: "We understand that sometimes plans change. We do not charge a cancel or change fee. When the airline charges such fees in accordance with its own policies, the cost will be passed on to you".

I rented a car through Travelocity from Thrifty for 4 days in Phoenix for $265 prepaid. When I arrive to pick up the car I was told that I did not have the mandatory insurance included in the price and was charged an extra $200. I enquired about my own insurance or credit card and was told that they do not accept my insurance coverage.

When I called Travelocity, I was told that I had declined my coverage which was incorrect since I spoke to an agent during my booking and he never mentioned that I will be paying for extra insurance. I had the issue escalated all the way to the manager and was told that I could have refused the rental and get my money back if I didn't want to pay the extra. I find this a great insult when I had already paid for the car and there was no way I was sure of getting my money back from them. NEVER, NEVER do any bookings with Travelocity.

A flight we had booked in May 2016 was canceled in Oct 2016. Our originally booked Non-Stop flights on Dec 24th, 2016, were changed to flights with layovers. No credit or discount was offered for the change and the alternative flights. We were given added 2-3 hrs per flight (to & from) to our trip. Additionally we looked online and FOUND FLIGHTS with either shorter layovers OR Non-Stop options from the same carrier and yet Travelocity gave us no help in trying to reschedule to those options. We canceled our reservations with Travelocity and re-booked ourselves. Thanks to the short time frame between booking a new flight and our travel dates (booking in Oct to fly over Christmas - Thx for Nothing Travelocity!) due to the late notification, the trip ended up costing us an additional $400 dollars per ticket.

So what was the point of booking with Travelocity? They offered nothing to the process except I may have saved $50 bucks TOTAL on the original booking rather than booking myself through the actual airline. I will never use Travelocity again AND I have already started Telling Friends Not To Use Travelocity! There is simply No Benefit to their service! They do nothing to help YOU!

This is the ACTUAL reply I got from them. They Are Worthless! Nothing about helping me to reschedule even though I paid for their flight insurance. What a useless service (if you can even call it that...) Travelocity provides. Even their email is crappy as it comes in simple text format that doesn't even word wrap! Not surprising considering their overseas call centers are USELESS!

"Thank you for contacting Travelocity regarding your concern. We apologize for any inconvenience you’ve experienced as a result of the changes the airline made to your flight schedule. Travelocity does not govern these changes, they are initiated via the airline and are outside of our control. As we check your account we verified that your flight has been cancelled and the full refund was processed. Since your flight was cancelled we initiated to cancel your Travel insurance and processed a refund in the amount of $63.00 in the original form of payment used during your purchase. The time it takes to post to your account will depend on how quickly your credit card company processes these funds."

Back in Feb 2016 I booked a trip to Jamaica through Travelocity for myself & my daughter. We ended up using American Airlines as our travel airline for this trip. I purchased the trip insurance offered through Travelocity @ checkout because I wanted to be sure that I was covered in all areas in case something happened. Booking a trip 8 months in advance, anything could happen. Who would have thought one of the most powerful hurricanes in recorded history would hit the DAY we were supposed to leave for Jamaica.

I thought, no problem, I purchased trip insurance for just this purpose, so we would be covered for whatever might come our way, thank God for trip insurance, I’m so glad I bought that!!! But we weren’t. The insurance didn’t cover natural disasters, American Airlines wasn’t cancelling ANY of their flights unless the airport itself was shut down, & MBJ, the one I was flying into, did not. Travelocity wasn’t offering any help either, after hours upon hours over a course of days and more hours on the phone trying to get some resolution, they could not help me. The Ins they provided, AON Ins, didn’t cover this, DID NOT COVER a natural disaster, so they could not help me.

American Airlines was only offering their customers the option to re-book their trip but ONLY if you traveled w/in 5 days. They were giving people 5 days to reschedule their trips to travel to a location that more than likely would not even be functioning yet, not to mention the flooding, power outages, water shortage, food shortage… devastation in some parts I’m sure. This wasn’t/isn’t feasible for me, not for my work schedule, not for the Villa I had booked for lodging in Jamaica, after all, a CAT 4 hurricane had just barreled down on this poor defenseless island but how many others weren’t able to be “accommodated”.

After re-booking twice due to AA’s policy, I was supposed to fly out this morning @ 6 am. I was on the phone with Travelocity for more than 2 hours, 4 am-630 am, trying to get someone to help me, hear me, make an exception! I didn’t want my money back, I just wanted to be able to travel when it was going to be safer & when I was able to be accommodated with my work & my lodging.

Two weeks, that was all I wanted. However, if I was to do that, I was going to have to cancel today's flight, re-book the new flight, pay the entire fee for that flight, plus a $200 PP change fee for changing my flight outside the “allotted” time period AA was giving its customers, book a whole new return flight & pay for that entirely out of pocket AND none of what I had already paid for my original flight was going to be transferred over or credited towards my “new” travel arrangements. This trip was going to cost me almost $3000 from a mere $980 back in Feb. unless I wanted to cancel, then I would get a voucher for ONLY my return flight amount, and be subjected to a cancellation fee!!! NO, I don’t want a voucher, I don’t ever want to travel or do business with either of your companies again. I could go on - but it's just more of the same as above.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Travelocity is a Dallas-based travel company owned by Sabre Corporation, a travel technology company that has been in business since 1960.

• Hotels: Travelocity lists rooms from over 271,000 hotels around the world.
  • Inspirational guides: Vacationers who don't know where to go can use Travelocity guides to get inspired.
  • Mobile app: Travelocity's mobile app offers exclusive discounts and lets travelers access their reservations on the go.
  • Vacation packages: Vacation packages can help travelers save money getting to and staying in their destination cities.
  • Price guarantee: Travelocity will match better deals and give customers $50 travel coupons for future trips.
  • Best for Budget, domestic and international travelers.

Compare Travel Sites