2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

3.8/5 (1414 ratings)

About Travelocity

Travelocity Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

When booked 2 nights at Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront IHG Hotel it was not a minimum 2 nights package mandatory specified. We asked to cancel a night but they refused saying that there is a minimum 2 nights booking. We canceled both nights and they charged us $233.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I was "automatically" charged $20 for collision insurance with my car rental from Avis. I didn't realize this until after I got back from my trip and realized my company credit card had been hit with $20. This automatic charge does not show up in the pricing when you "reserve" your car. It's also a bit obscure in the "itinerary" when you receive it. Travelocity sent a separate email about the additional charge, but I get hundreds of emails in that inbox, and since I didn't do anything other than reserve the car, I didn't pay attention to that particular Travelocity email. It's not clear from the get-go that your price is going to be higher due to this charge, which is not right in my opinion.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

Travelocity rebooked my canceled flights without notifying me. I had to cancel those flights and fight with them to issue a credit. When I went to use the credit, it had disappeared, though I had the email with credit reference number. They robbed me of $600. Beware!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

I received credit for a canceled flight. Called to use the credit and was told the remaining balance would be refunded. Never received refund. Called again, they said they did not see any refund to call the airlines. Called the airlines, they seen the refund but I had to talk to Travelocity. I called again and was told I had no refund only a credit. Pretty sad, spoke with 3 different agents and not one of them had the same information. I prefer Booking.com over Travelocity!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

On Oct. 10th 2021; I booked a package deal for three to Vegas including hotel & flights. I used Travelocity and screenshot every page I went through to the end. I uploaded the app after payment was made. When I viewed my Itinerary it showed my hotel & my return flight home. But not my flight to Vegas. So I paid for a round trip package from Kansas City to Las Vegas, but do not have the flight info to get there, only the departing flight to get home. So I call customer service & the lady tells me after holding for 16 minutes that I need to call the airline. This is unacceptable, do NOT use Travelocity. They won’t even acknowledge that what I sold is missing the flight to the destination, however she said she understands but offered no solution. She would not cancel the package after me asking multiple times.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Do not use them!! Save yourself the headache and book directly with the airline.. I had 2 flights booked with them that I had to cancel due to the pandemic and the airline will say.. "We are happy to give you a refund, but you have to do it thru Travelocity." And then Travelocity says they follow the airlines guidelines but they don’t have the capability to process refunds or the airlines had different rules then.. It’s complete ** and I’ve been bounced around with the blame game wasting countless hours and lost hundreds of dollars

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

You are much better off booking with the airlines yourself. An emergency occurred a few days before my flight, so I called to sort everything out. I was told (by Ernesto) that I would have to call the airlines and the insurance policy companies myself. So I did, but the insurance company told me to officially cancel with Travelocity, and the airlines told me that Travelocity would have to make the call on my behalf—I couldn’t do it myself because I booked with them. I called again but I was told I would have to wait about an hour and a half, so I went to Twitter to message them in hopes of getting a faster answer.

I did get a quicker answer, but an incomplete answer that has left me out on a flight and out of my money. One of those who attended to me (GD) stated that I had to book my flight before October 7th, I did it October 6th. However, they neglected to say 24 hours before my flight, or in what time zone they were counting that time—so I was SOL. When I tried to see if they could right this wrong, I was offered $50 for my $960 flight. While they extended an apology, that does not make up for an issue that occurred because their employees gave out wrong and incomplete information. And it wasn’t a phone call where I made a claim—I have the incomplete information as proof in messages, and they still refuse to do more about it beside $50. Unprofessional and disappointing.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

Booked a trip to visit my parents in April (when Covid was starting to recede), but to be safe, bought the added-on trip insurance in case Covid staged a comeback. As we know, Covid did make a comeback. In addition, my father has been in the hospital (not Covid, but he's going to be immunocompromised for a bit), so I thought, "Thank goodness I bought the trip insurance." When I went to cancel the trip and mentioned the insurance, the customer "service" rep said, "Oh, no, the insurance can't cover Covid unless you have it." There are plenty of other travel sites out there; do NOT give Travelocity your business. American Airlines is no better, but they're already headed for bankruptcy, so...

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I book a package from them but it gave me an error saying that it was not processed. But when I look on my bank account the funds was taking out but I was not sent an itinerary or confirmation something they require when trying to contact them. My daughter went on their page and from a long list of complaint of people going through the exact same thing she chose an itinerary that someone posted. I was able to get a live person and was straight up lied to saying that they didn't charge my card. They will book you and then send you a email stating motel or flight have change. When you call you will be told that you will have to pay more money for the motel or fight tickets and even if it say it fully refundable they will not honor it.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

I booked a flight and prepaid 7 nights hotel through Travelocity, I had a bad experience with Hotel San Remo in Panama City, Panama, the room and bathroom were not clean, one of the shower faucet was out of order, very noisy at night. I had to move out to a new hotel after the third night. I made a request for a reimbursement to Travelocity, but they claim that the hotel were not refunding approx. $80 for the 4 nights that I had prepaid.

I asked Travelocity for a full name, email address and telephone of a CSR, but they refused to do it based on Company Policy, which I have never heard such a thing in my life. Serious Companies will talk to their customers and try to resolve any issue. I feel dealt with Travelocity and not the hotel, so they should be responsible to me and not the hotel. In the future I will only deal directly with the hotel and will only give my credit card to guarantee the reservation for 1 night.

Travelocity author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Travelocity is a Dallas-based travel company owned by Sabre Corporation, a travel technology company that has been in business since 1960.

• Hotels: Travelocity lists rooms from over 271,000 hotels around the world.

• Inspirational guides: Vacationers who don't know where to go can use Travelocity guides to get inspired.

• Mobile app: Travelocity's mobile app offers exclusive discounts and lets travelers access their reservations on the go.

• Vacation packages: Vacation packages can help travelers save money getting to and staying in their destination cities.

• Price guarantee: Travelocity will match better deals and give customers $50 travel coupons for future trips.

Travelocity Company Information