2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

3.8/5 (1401 ratings)

About Travelocity

Travelocity Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

Original review: July 22, 2021

I booked a hotel for a few days and accidentally booked the wrong dates which I noticed as soon as I booked it, I called customer service just to see if we could change the dates and spoke with someone named Pallevi who was very hard to understand. I told her I just wanted to change the dates and was told I may have to pay a little extra since I put in the wrong dates but then towards the end of our phone call she was about to book me at another hotel for the correct dates and I happened to ask what the penalty charge would be for re-booking and she told me I would owe the total amount for the original hotel plus the rate for the new hotel. I asked to speak to a manager and was told that there was no one else for me to speak to.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I booked a flight and a hotel well in a week in advance. When I attempted to cancel, a few days later, I could not get a refund for the flight and I couldn't use the so-called 'credit' on another flight I booked. Although the person I talked to informed me that I would get an Email confirming my hotel cancellation, after not receiving one for a week, I called the hotel and they informed that they had never been notified. Now I'm back on the phone with another 'customer service' agent that has me on hold while she tries to figure out what happened. I asked her a simple question "Why would I cancel the flight and not cancel the hotel?" I'm still waiting for an answer.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 15, 2021

I was in Maggie Valley NC on July 15, 2021. I made a reservation to stay at the Ramada Inn through Travelocity. I paid with my card, and I received a confirmation by email. When I got to the motel an hour later the motel did not have the reservation. I tried calling Travelocity and could not get anyone. Several times the recorded voice asked for information, but before I could provide it said "I cannot help you" and it hung up. I never got to speak to anyone. The Ramada Inn was very nice. No complaints with the motel. Please do not ever use Travelocity. They are the absolute worst company I have ever dealt with in the 45 years of my career as a salesman. Please don't use them. If you do I am sure you will regret it.

Original review: July 10, 2021

Booked an international flight (Business Class) 6 months in advance with "cancel protection". Tried to change the return flight. Had to cancel the booking and receive a credit. The website gave me 0 options to use the credit. Tried to call and was told a 3hr wait time. Tried to use the virtual agent on the website and was initially told the new price for the ticket was 3x the cost listed on their own website. Second virtual agent told me it was $900+ over the listed price on their website. Excuses ranged from "booking price is different from seat price" and "every business class seat has a different price".

They also reminded me how lucky I was I got a business seat (which I had originally paid for) as if they gave it to me. Additionally they couldn't update the passenger name, and the website showed the new booking as "Cancelled" which required me to call and confirm with airline. It's a totally scam designed to mislead customers into a trap where they can charge you whatever they want.

Original review: July 3, 2021

Booked an international trip before pandemic. Rescheduled trip in Feb 2021. Since then I was unable to access the itinerary. The Travelocity system indicated my itinerary had been cancelled. Not true, just changed. Tried to get help but both phone and on-line (so-called "chat") require an itinerary number to get started. Can't fix itinerary without help, can't get help without itinerary - catch-22. Unable to acknowledge schedule changes made by airline. Filed BBB complaint. Now their phone help system allowed me through with the itinerary number. That system is onerous - they call you back 2-4 hours later. If you miss the call, start over. It's like they have one person to service the entire world. When I did get someone on the phone they told me the itinerary would be accessible in 2-4 hours. It was not. Called again, asked for supervisor. They said a supervisor would call me back within 24 hours - they did not.

Then they changed my reservation in such a way that the departure time of one of my connections was 2 hours before the arrival time. Called again, another 4 hour wait, asked for supervisor. They said they would call back within 24 hours, they did not. Called again, another 2-4 hours, cancelled the reservation. They indicated to BBB that the complaint was successfully resolved. It was not, I just gave up. Rescheduled directly with airlines - got better connections at significantly lower fare.

Original review: June 30, 2021

Horrible experience. Customer service is basically a robot. They have a toll free number to contact them, but it's hidden behind other ways to try to get to it. The experience is easy to book a flight or hotel. They will take your money just fine. But if you have to cancel, or get a credit for a flight or hotel, you're screwed. Stay away from them....book directly with the carrier whether it's an airline, or rental car, etc. Be forewarned!!!

Original review: June 27, 2021

I booked 15 days in Colorado in early June… then made plane reservation elsewhere. I had to cut 3 days from my itinerary and Travelocity wants to rebook and charge me about $1000 MORE. I called the hotel …. They will honor the original price and asked travelocity to call them … Travelocity refuses…… so I will keep my original … and get my son to check me in….everyone loses a bit especially the hotel… seems stupid to me. I will NOT use Travelocity (Expedia) again!!

Original review: June 26, 2021

I made a reservation on 6/28/21 and realized it was the wrong date after it went through. I know, my fault, so I called right away & waited 1 1/2 hrs on hold so I would make sure I could speak with someone because it wouldn't allow me to change the dates online through my account. It was a nonrefundable room but I didn't want to cancel, I just wanted to change the dates! The room was $108 & I was told I would be charged an additional fee of $108 to change dates even though it says changes can be made at no charge online!?

They said this is a fee that the hotel charges which is a lie per the hotel!! They don't charge any fees at all!? I asked if I wanted to speak with a supervisor would it be be another 1 1/2 hr wait, and the representative said probably... Are you kidding me right now!? $216 for 1 night!? I had to cancel because I live out of town and will not be coming back to this way!? They kept the $108 because this was a nonrefundable room. I will never use this service again.

Original review: June 26, 2021

When you book, they offer discounts on your current reservation, if you accept, they book and charge a completely different reservation whenever it suits them with no refund. They are a fraudulent racket.

Original review: June 24, 2021

I made a reservation for a motel called Holiday Inn Express in Springdale, Utah for August 13 through August 18. I needed to change these dates to August 14 through August 19. Neither this motel or Travelocity would change my reservation without charging me 250.00. This was not transparent when I initially made the reservation. So I had to cancel my reservation and now I have to ask my Visa card company to intervene. I tried 5 times with both the hotel and Travelocity without any success. The bottom line: This hotel and Travelocity are scamming reservationists. Be aware of other ways that scamming is being initiated besides telephone calls. I had to give a star to process this review but the one star rating is false.

Travelocity author review by ConsumerAffairs

Travelocity is a Dallas-based travel company owned by Sabre Corporation, a travel technology company that has been in business since 1960.

• Hotels: Travelocity lists rooms from over 271,000 hotels around the world.

• Inspirational guides: Vacationers who don't know where to go can use Travelocity guides to get inspired.

• Mobile app: Travelocity's mobile app offers exclusive discounts and lets travelers access their reservations on the go.

• Vacation packages: Vacation packages can help travelers save money getting to and staying in their destination cities.

• Price guarantee: Travelocity will match better deals and give customers $50 travel coupons for future trips.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team