1.34/5

Looking for a travel site?

Travelocity

Looking for a travel site?

Travelocity Reviews

Original review: May 30, 2019

The Hotel was not good at all and they charged $50 against my credit card for incidentals, even though we did not have a room phone or a minibar in our room. However, the booking experience was great and the hotel did not go through with the $50 charge (it was deleted from my charges). The rental car was paid for in the booking amount and the only extra charge was for local tolls in Dallas.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Easy to use. A lot of options of hotels and flights... Prices are way too high to travel to Panama but the website is pretty damn good.. Overall experience with this website is 8 out of 10... Try and workout better deals with the airlines.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 25, 2019

Travelocity can be very expensive if you don’t know how to work your way around. I tried to book a flight with CheapOair and they didn’t even bother to tell me that the flight I booked have increased its price. So I went to Travelocity and I manually booked connecting flights rather than booking a fixed connecting flights. You can save money this way. After booking, I received my itinerary right away from the airline and I saved a lot of money.

Original review: May 25, 2019

Travelocity gave me good flight and hotel booking service - but as with everything else, check details: for example, Travelocity gave me good bookings on a flight with American Airlines and return flight with United Airlines. However, Travelocity failed to mention that the carry on bags are free with American, but you pay with United. Probably too much to ask of a booking service - so one must be careful, no matter how good the booking service is.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Booking for airline by Travelocity involved a 10 hour layover. I called Delta and changed to a 1 hour layover. Motel accommodations were great. Cost for trip was good. Overall a good experience. Was informed of extras for trip which I scheduled myself.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Hi, We bought 2 premium tickets. On Travelocity for a trip going from Lagos fo Houston on Delta but were given Economy tickets. Nothing has been done to rectify this. We demand a refund of the excess paid for the premium economy.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Honestly, I am just disgusted with the way Travelocity does business!! If I could give zero stars I would! In August of 2019 we booked three hotel rooms at the Holiday Inn & Suites in Ft. Lauderdale 12-1-19/12-6-19 for a one week Motorola training event. The middle of October the event was moved to a different location so I called Travelocity to cancel the reservations. The Travelocity agent said there would be no refund issued because the hotel is negotiating cancellations. I asked what does that mean because all hotels cancel reservations. I was told that the hotel would not give a refund so I would lose the entire $2800 that I paid. They said that they have nothing to do with the no refund policy and that I would need to call the hotel.

When I called the hotel I was told that they offer refunds and that it was Travelocity's policy not to refund reservations. This is poor business practice and robbery. I have owned my business for over 34 years and I assure you that I do not do business this way or I wouldn't still be in business. I will be sure that I take advantage of every opportunity to tell everyone I know and meet about this experience to ensure that they NEVER use Travelocity.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Hotel Booking Plus is a scam, I tried to change a booking thinking that I paid extra to have the option of changing a hotel booking months in advance. Received no help from Travelocity who brushed me off on the Hotel and then a third party insurance company. You must read the fine print, do not pay for the Protection Plus. It does absolutely nothing for you. Much better experience with Hotels.com when my itinerary had to be changed.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I paid for 3 first class flights from Houston to Campeche, Mexico totally approximately $4,000.00. My itinerary showed Business Class from IAH to MX and COACH from Mexico City to Campeche. I called Travelocity and told them that I could fly Coach for $400.00 each ticket totaling $1,200 and wanted a refund for paying 1st class and not getting it. They told me they would request a refund from Delta but they couldn’t request it until after my trip. They gave me a $200 coupon to use for future travel.

When I called Travelocity after my flight they told me that I should have known what I paid for and they could not request a refund. That I accepted $200 and that’s the refund. That was ridiculous because the $200 coupon was for my trouble of having to call Travelocity and go through many agents until someone finally told me to take the trip and then they’d request a refund. THEY TOTALLY LIED. As long as you dont need their help they are fine but the minute you have a problem they tell you what you want to hear and dont care about lying because they already have your money. You’ve been warned. Take your business elsewhere!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

My husband and I purchase tickets at the end of August for a trip to see his father over the Labor Day holiday. Hurricane Dorian decided to hit and Travelocity notified us that our flight was cancelled. We contacted Travelocity to find out what to do to get another flight. We were told to purchase new tickets for a later date and that our account would be reimbursed for the cancelled tickets within 5 business days. We never got reimbursed. We call asking about it and Travelocity said, "No... you have to contact the airline." The airline said, "No...you have to get it from Travelocity." Called Travelocity to tell them Delta said Travelocity owed it. Travelocity called airline with me on the other line and Delta told them they issued the refund which they did not so I called Delta again and they said, "No... that money is with Travelocity so you have to get it from them."

Travelocity expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Travelocity is a Dallas-based travel company owned by Sabre Corporation, a travel technology company that has been in business since 1960.

• Hotels: Travelocity lists rooms from over 271,000 hotels around the world.

• Inspirational guides: Vacationers who don't know where to go can use Travelocity guides to get inspired.

• Mobile app: Travelocity's mobile app offers exclusive discounts and lets travelers access their reservations on the go.

• Vacation packages: Vacation packages can help travelers save money getting to and staying in their destination cities.

• Price guarantee: Travelocity will match better deals and give customers $50 travel coupons for future trips.

• Best for: Budget, domestic and international travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs