3.8/5 (751 ratings)

About Travelocity

Travelocity Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2023

Once you book and pay, say bye bye to any support. You will never reach anyone who can or will help you. Scam, rip off, bait and switch. Paid way more, had issues with hotel and they did not care at all. Always book direct with hotel and airlines.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

I paid my flight from DFW to Cameroon amounted to $1200 and I called the travel agency prior to my travel date to reschedule my flight. Guess what this company is charging me an extra fee of $3500 to pay. I will not recommend any one reading this comment to book flight through TRAVELOCITY. There are scams. I am taking the initiative to inform my friends never to book their flights ✈️ through this third part agent. This is crazy.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

They guys don’t mention anything that we are situated in USA and the money we will deduct will be in US currency. I booked 3 rooms in Adelaide through this site. They guys charged me $200 more and at the end, they said, "Bank charged you because we are working from U.S." Please do not use this site, they are careless. And they don’t even know how to deal with people and make their holiday better. By maintaining their websites. PLEASE UPDATE YOUR WEBSITE.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2023

Had an absolutely horrible experience with Travelocity. Will never book with them again. My trip was heavily affected by weather, and my first flight was changed quickly and efficiently due to the circumstances. However, my return flight was also heavily affected by weather and when I called Travelocity they told me I needed to contact WestJet. I spent 4 hours on hold for WestJet, and finally when WestJet answered they were very helpful, telling me I was covered under a special weather policy they had that was effective until the 8th. WestJet told me they took notes on their end and would wait for a call from Travelocity to get my flight changed for me no problem.

Upon contacting Travelocity again, they lied to me repeatedly, saying they "weren't allowed to call the airlines" and that WestJet's phone lines are "closed" so they wouldn't be able to reach them anyway. (By the way, I called WestJet again immediately afterwards and they confirmed for me that their phone lines were 24/7). Eventually the agent I was speaking to put her supervisor on at my request and he cut me off whenever I tried to explain the situation and hung up on me. They told me they'd call me back within 24 hours and to no one's surprise, they did not. Also, I purchased travel insurance on my flights through Travelocity which is supposed to cover flight cancellation and interruption, so I'm not sure why they were trying to convince me that they couldn't do anything.

I have honestly never experienced customer service quite like this before. I very patiently spent 6 hours of my life just trying to get my flight changed since WestJet's policy allowed me to do so, and Travelocity probably spent more time making the process as difficult as possible than it would've taken to just... call WestJet and switch it. Do NOT book with Travelocity, honestly just go directly through the airline. The airlines are much easier to deal with if anything unexpected happens regarding your trip. Cut out the middleman!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

I made plans for flight from Texas to Michigan and back so I could go see my daughter graduate college. I found out I had cancer and had to start treatment so I was unable to go. When I tried to cancel I was told I would receive. I paid $423.00. Travelocity gave me a credit of $207.00 that must be used within one year. What travelocity did not tell me was when I use the credit I have to pay a $99 booking fee. This is nothing more than highway robbery. Never will I use them again. If I could give them a zero star I would. Never again

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

We purchased tickets through them for an American Airline flight for July of 2021. We then had a death in the family and they said they needed to check with American Airlines to see if they would credit or refund. Of course it was only a credit. ANDDD the credit needed to be used by Feb of 2022. Now we go to book for a flight and the flight to Tennessee for January 2022. AS PER the chat instructions we received from their customer service on 10/2022 we could book either with them or American Airlines direct. AND YES I have screenshots of the entire conversation.

So we go to book through American and reserve the seats for $530. Then go to pay with our credit and AMERICAN says that can not be done with the credit and you must call and go through Travelocity. Then we speak with a REP from Travelocity. FOR 3 HOURS!!! She can NOT book the seats because she doesn't see them on her END. 3 HOURS and this poorly trained representative of this ridiculous company can not find the seats we were about to book. SO we needed to book an earlier return flight. HERE'S the theft kicker. THEY THEN INCREASED THE COST OF THE FLIGHT TO over $700.00. THEY said there were service charges and additional fees. IF there is any Attorney reading this and needs witnesses/victims of theft or fraud, please feel free to contact us. In closing DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY. R K

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

I had a trip scheduled for Egypt when I got hurt and had to cancel. I booked the air part on Travelocity and took out flight insurance. When I got sick I cancelled the flight and the agent told me I was to get a refund for the flight which they sent an email to confirm. For more than 2 months and constant calls Travelocity has told me the refund was coming and then in the last call lied to me about a transaction with my "bank" and gave me a number. They told me the refund was on the 13th of October, but my first interaction with their support for cancellation was on the 14th October.

Their support people lie to me on every call. Meanwhile their email was used to get my flight insurance paid for the difference. Travelocity cost me over 600 dollars by lying to me. I will never ever book with them again. They lie to their customers and cause hardship by being dishonest. I have yet to get a truthful answer.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

NEVER AGAIN. Dealing with Travelocity was a nightmare from start to finish. They are absolute CROOKS. They stole our money, told us they had no proof of our bookings, but we have their confirmations, couldn't help us, hung up on us, and left us stranded in a foreign country with no other option than to buy new last minute tickets to get home! Worst experience I've ever had traveling. Don't trust Travelocity.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

BUYER BEWARE... Travelocity is now using slum lord hotels. We traveled to Seattle and was booked to stay at Ramada by Wyndham SeaTac Airport North. Let me tell you about this place 1st. Pros?? NONE. CONS? Where do I begin?

1. Mouse crap on the bed!!
    2. Smelled like urine as soon as you walked in the lobby!
    3. Mouse CRAP on the bed!!
    4. Bed was nasty besides the mouse CRAP sheets, pillows and bedspread had stains all over including red possibly blood stains.
    5. MOUSE CRAP ON STAINED NASTY BED!!
    6. The room was FILTHY floors not cleaned crumbs all over the place!!
    7. MOUSE CRAP ON THE BED!!
    8. The bathroom was DISGUSTING piss on the toilet seat tub was NASTY!
    9. YEP you guessed it MOUSE CRAP ON THE BLOOD STAINED BED!!

10. Front desk DID NOT care!!! Refused to give us a refund we left and went to a Best Western!

So I reached out to Travelocity and after approx. 15 emails back and forth they refused us any type of refund not 1 red cent!! NOTHING! Said they had to honor the hotel's no refund policy. Really? I booked through YOU!!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2022

I would like to bring to your attention the experience my wife had at the Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds which we booked through Travelocity. We made the reservation to be close to the Tampa airport as my wife had an early flight on Oct. 8. When we arrived at the Inn, checked in and went to our room we found it to be FILTHY! The bed sheets were dirty, there were dead bugs on the bed/sheets, there was a hole in the bathroom door and the bathtub was FILTHY.

We did not stay and asked for a refund. The desk person told me we would have to contact Travelocity. This is not an easy thing to do. Looking at your website I see no way to contact a customer service person. All I see is a virtual chat contact point. This was of no assistance. Therefore, I contacted Red Roof at guestin@redroof.com on Oct. 9, 12 and 13th. I received emails from Rebecca, Lisa and Katlyn. I asked for a fair reimbursement of $500 which would cover the cost of the Travelocity/Red Roof refund, time, money, and gas that this FILTHY room cost us.

As it was late in the day and last minute, we could only find a hotel with a vacancy (due to hurricane Ian) 30+ miles north and out of our way. This cost us time, money, and gas. A result of being 30+ miles north we had to get up much earlier than expected. Red Roof only offered a certificate for a free night stay. We find this to be insulting. I am shocked that Travelocity would recommend/offer such a FILTHY property on your website and have no way to contact you through your site. We are only looking for reasonable reimbursement of $500. You consideration is appreciated.

George

Travelocity author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Travelocity is a Dallas-based travel company owned by Sabre Corporation, a travel technology company that has been in business since 1960.

• Hotels: Travelocity lists rooms from over 271,000 hotels around the world.

• Inspirational guides: Vacationers who don't know where to go can use Travelocity guides to get inspired.

• Mobile app: Travelocity's mobile app offers exclusive discounts and lets travelers access their reservations on the go.

• Vacation packages: Vacation packages can help travelers save money getting to and staying in their destination cities.

• Price guarantee: Travelocity will match better deals and give customers $50 travel coupons for future trips.

Travelocity Company Information