Travelocity

Compare Travel Sites

Research top Travel Sites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Don't use Travelocity for any travel reservations. I did and lost $335... In February 2017, I contracted with Travelocity to rent a car in Fort Lauderdale for a week in April. Travelocity immediately charged my credit card for $334.93. This was my first surprise because I've never had to pay for a car reservation in advance. When I arrived at the Dollar Rent-a-Car counter at FLL, the desk attendant said it had no record of my reservation with Travelocity, despite my repeated claims. So, I was forced to initiate a new contract, knowing that Travelocity had already billed me for it. I just figured that it would be easy enough for me afterward to get a refund for the initial lost booking.

When I got back from our trip, I emailed Travelocity to request a refund of the original charge, explaining that the car rental company had no record of the original reservation. Travelocity replied to my email request, saying that it was under review and that I would get a response about the credit within 48 hours. None came. After two billing cycles by Capital One, the credit from Travelocity still had not been applied. So, I called Capital One, and they graciously helped me contact Travelocity by phone. However, after two hours on a conference call with both Capital One and Travelocity, I got nowhere.

To this date, I have not seen the $335 credit on either my Visa credit card or any check in the mail from Travelocity. When I made the original reservation with Travelocity, I felt confident that I'd be dealing with an honorable company. This wasn't the case; they are totally unresponsive. So, I will never ever again use Travelocity for any travel arrangements flight, car, hotel or other booking. By the way, Travelocity is a division of Expedia, which is based in Dallas, Texas. So, I also have filed a complaint against it with the Texas State Attorney General at texasattorneygeneral.gov and with the Federal Trade Commission at ftc.gov. You may do the same.

I got an email stating they have great deals on rental cars, I happened to be needed a rental car the next day so I went online and secured one. I received the confirmation and noticed the size car I ordered was wrong so I called. I waited on the phone for about 20 minutes then someone came online and assured me it was correct. The next day I went to pick up the car and the Hertz said it was booked at the airport. I called a taxi and paid $40 to get to the airport and was told it was actually at the other location but they didn't have any cars. Hertz said I needed to have Travelocity change the pickup location.

I waited on the phone for 1 hour at the airport Hertz. Finally, Travelocity clerk said her computer was down and she placed me on another hour wait. Once her computer went back up she said made the entire process so complicated that I just cancelled it. At first she said they would not refund my money then she agreed. One month later I still have not been refunded the money. I placed another call to Travelocity today and have spoke to 2 different people. So far, I have been on hold for an hour while they "say" they are looking not it. I have wasted so much time with them, it's certainly not worth wasting any more time for a $30 refund. NEVER AGAIN WILL I USE TRAVELOCITY. I can't imagine how horrible I'd feel if I purchased an airline ticket.

Paid for a vacation to S Carolina via Travelocity. THEY changed our flight etc. When we complained they said too bad. We cancelled the complete reservation two months before the vacation and were charged the full fare of $1700. Fought it to no avail. NEVER USE TRAVELOCITY!!!

My Husband purchased 2RT first class tickets from Honolulu to Montreal in Feb '17. After being in Montreal for less than 48hrs, I had to fly home for a medical emergency. Travelocity agent #1 found 2 flights out of Montreal to Honolulu. Flight A had 2 stopovers; Denver & California and got into Honolulu 8 min before flight B which had 1 stopover in Chicago. I wanted flight B. Agent A said flight B was a better price with only 1 stop. I asked him what the price was, but he said he had to check with his supervisor. Agent #2 the supervisor Sheila asked me if my son was sick before we left, was he an only child, how many kids I had, what was wrong with him, and how old he was and was telling me what she does when her kids are sick-unprovoked by me.

When she started being insistent on what flight would be best for me and not answering my price question, I realized she had just profiled me. She was insistent that I take flight A so I could be with my son sooner (8 minutes sooner). She said that flight A would be $386. I pressed for the price of flight B, she kept skirting the answer. My frustration rose over the course of 3hrs & trying to get the price of flight B. Finally, $1600 - flight change fees, etc and now the flight had 3 stops instead of 1, got in at the same time quoted earlier. She was terse as was I. I told her I needed time to think about it & could she hold for 30min while I thought about it. She gave me 10 min and would call me back instead. We called United and they charged me $200 and I got the same flight home in economy class.

I believe Sheila profiled me, decided what was best for me, got irritated with me and found the most ridiculously expensive and inconvenient way to reach my destination. Something needs to be done about Travelocity's profiling, but I had to put all my energy into my son and spending my time waiting and arguing with Travelocity on their conduct is not worthy of my time. I signed up here on Consumer Affairs because I just scheduled a trip on Priceline and am still very bitter with Travelocity and Consumers should beware.

I have been trying to get my complete itinerary from the Travelocity website for over 2 months. My vacation starts in 14 days so I contacted Travelocity Customer Service to get the information that was never sent to me and I could not review on Travelocity's website. After over an hour on the phone the Customer Service Rep comes back on and says that he cannot get the information and that they are having problems with their system. I then held on the phone for another 30 minutes to get the Customer Service Rep Supervisor. He (**) told me that there was nothing that he could do about it that Travelocity is having trouble with the system and he could not get my information. He then told me that I would have to call the car rental and the hotel to see if they had my reservations. That is all they could do??

Then it was "wait I can send you the flight information." I asked why just the flight information. Again he stated that Travelocity website was having problems. The next thing he told me was that I would have to call back at a later time to see if Travelocity's website was UP-TO-DATE!! I asked to speak to his supervisor to get more information. He then told me that there was no supervisor available. I asked if the Supervisor could call me back and he said yes!! I gave him my contact number and he said that someone would call me back within 5 BUSINESS DAYS??? WHAT??? I AM WAITING TO HEAR BACK.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

Made a "Blind Reservation" with Travelocity to travel from Raleigh Durham to LaGuardia Airport, New York - that is, I did not know what airline, what time or what type of ticket I was getting, which was all decided by Travelocity and was told the ticket would be Non-Refundable, UNLESS I paid $19 extra for "CANCELLATION INSURANCE", which I paid extra, thinking I will be refunded the money if the ticket was cancelled as I had not made my car rental yet. I found that most car rental places do not do business in New York City as the City cheats its guests by charging $100 a day in taxes (five times or more of the actual rental costs paid to the insurance company) for renting a car there and I could not rent a car from the airport, which is paying more than twice the cost of the airline ticket itself.

After finding out that I could not rent a car, I tried to cancel the ticket in less than 24 hours, only to find out that the "CANCELLATION INSURANCE" offered by Travelocity is just a fraud, and "John" from Bangalore was trying to convince me that the Cancellation would be allowed only if I was sick or someone passed away in my immediate circle. It needs to be understood, that Travelocity chose what airline and what type of ticket. It should be THEIR responsibility not to buy a non-refundable ticket if they are charging the extra amount.

I want you to know that Travelocity is trying to cheat their Customers by offering this wrongful insurance policy that is no good, and they and the insurance company AON Affinity together are fleecing their customers, who will never find out they paid the extra amount unless you try to cancel. If you do not try to cancel, you are paying them $19 extra for nothing. So, if they make 20 million reservations, they will make 38 million dollars for nothing, and if you tried to cancel and DISCOVER the fraud, then they refund your insurance amount while making some free money from the persons who do not attempt to cancel. THIS FRAUD should be widely known and do not buy the USELESS and FRAUDULENT INSURANCE from Travelocity, who it seems primarily are making money on this insurance, as the WEBSITE reminds you three times that if you do not buy the insurance you are risking the amount of the ticket. What a SCAM!

I booked a flight through Travelocity for June 2016. I cancelled it due to illness. I have a credit of approximately 476.00. To book a new flight, I must pay a $200.00 cancellation fee and the difference between the new flight and the cancelled flight. Thus I have about a 276.00 credit toward a new flight. I understand this, no problem. The flight I want is approximately $386.00 so the difference is $110 which I would be responsible for.

I was on the telephone for 4 hours trying to book a flight and spoke to two representatives, two supervisors and one manager. I was told the following: I must use the airline that the original flight was booked. "This is not a new booking so that you cannot book a flight at the price quoted on Travelocity. The flight you booked in June was a promotional cost so you cannot use the 476.00 - $200.00 toward a new flight. The flight you want is a promotional cost so you cannot use the $476-200 towards it. The price for the flight changes from minute to minute so it is not the same as you see right now." (During the hours I was on the phone, the flight price did not change on Travelocity's site or the airline's site). "Our prices are different in our system than is what is seen online. We can't honor the price listed online. Call the airline instead of us." (The airline says call Travelocity)

In the past I have used Travelocity with great success. I'm not sure what happened to Travelocity but it is now one of the worst Travel sites on the internet. I feel like it has become a flim flam con artist, site designed to steal money rather than provide travel accommodations and despite talking on the phone with a rep for three hours he still screwed up our flights. I was sick in 2016 and wanted to file insurance but the agent convinced me he could help me without filing an

insurance claim. The end result was I spent an additional $200 in airline change fees; never received $400 in promised airline vouchers; lost the chance to file insurance and flew to Mexico in airline seats 10 rows from my companion. I had issues with seats and the only recourse was to call Travelocity and the speed and length of time the agents take to handle an issue because they talk to their supervisor or the airline makes it an all day affair and not worth the effort.

While in Cozumel, I gave Travelocity one last opportunity and booked a rental car. Travelocity offered insurance protection on the rental car that was suppose to cover the need for collision etc and when I got to the Dollar/Thrifty rental car counter they wanted another $30 per day in insurance. They said the $55 I spent with Travelocity would not apply and they wanted to place a $5000 US hold on my credit card. The car was not the type or style that had been promoted on the Travelocity website and it was apparent Travelocity was selling something not available. I cancelled the car with Dollar/Thrifty and will never try them again. Guess what? Travelocity ignored my cancellation request and they still have my insurance payment which was just a way for them to get money. Eventually got a rental car through another agency without all the drama or charges, thank you Avis.

The Fact that Travelocity only has a call in Customer Service without an email contact is a disturbing trend among companies that don't want to communicate with clients. Amazon, EBay and Travelocity have no method to contact their customer service except for making a phone call, waiting in line behind 10-20 other callers which discourages making changes or complaints. With the long list of consumer complaints, it is either time for a Class Action Suit or for the site to be shut down and stop scamming American travelers.

Recently we booked through Travelocity for a 7-day trip to Holguin, Cuba and unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances and a work emergency we were forced to cancel or change our dates. After speaking to two different representatives we were told two completely different solutions. One stated that we could simply change our dates as long as we stuck with the same company - Travelocity and Sunwing - which we deemed very reasonable.

When we called back two hours later when we had decided our changed dates and made sure there was availability to with our new vacation, we had a very unhelpful customer service representative. Everything that was told to us previously was suddenly unavailable. We were on hold more than we were on the phone, and every time we requested an explanation, she was unable to give us a valid excuse. Horrible customer service and experience all around. We will NEVER use Travelocity again. Worst experience. Terrible service. Zero understanding. As well as all around short and very rude.

I booked a 6 night trip with Travelocity which included airfare, car rental and hotel. I kept reading really horrible reviews about first hotel I booked, so I contacted them to upgrade my hotel, of course they were right on that to help for more money. I ended up booking a hotel that was absolutely horrible and I paid $109 a night, and the front desk was quoting people $99 a night. I contacted Travelocity while on my trip so they could confirm the price on the hotel website. They emailed and said they would get back with me within 48 hours. Never heard from them, emailed again and no response at all.

I went through Facebook chat (after I returned) and was told that it is live system and they get the quote at time of booking and I would not receive a refund for the difference even though the room was going for less. They do not want to help when you have problem, only when you want to pay more. I will never use Travelocity again, this was my first time. Also, stay away from the Days Inn and Suites in Tempe, Arizona on Elliott Street.

I did the booking on-line in very early February for trip in June, and the only stipulation--outside of scheduling--I had was that I wanted to fly 1st Class. I even checked the seating arrangements on the flights I had chosen when I booked them. Cute little arrows pointing to the seats at the front of the plane. Yay! Was notified of an itinerary change. Made the call and was promptly responded to, well and good. The change was explained to me, also good. But the small print on my itinerary said that seating could change and needed to be confirmed. Also good. I was not concerned about seating numbers but I had booked 1st class seating for my wife and myself. No question, no quibbling. 1st Class. And paid for it up front.

The 'nice' lady on the phone said, "Oh no, you did not. You booked 'business class'." I asserted I had not. I had searched for flights based on the wish to have first class seats. I had stipulated 1st class seating all through the booking process and had paid with the understanding that I was getting 1st class seating. I expected Travelocity to meet their contractual agreement with me, honestly.

The trouble with on-line booking is--if it isn't spelled out on your itinerary--you have no leg to stand on. Despite checking seating on the flights I scheduled, nothing on my itinerary specified my travelling conditions. In hindsight, I should have dealt with a live, customer service person to make sure "1st Class" was stamped all over my itinerary! Good advice I wish I had known, but I am a person who does not like personal interactions--I like being able to live in the world without the need for unfamiliar personal contacts.

The 'nice' lady assured me we could review the airline's availabilities etc, but it all came down to--the 1st Class seating, which I had honestly contracted for and already paid for was going to cost me more than the contracted amount. I will never do business with this deceitful, dissembling, misrepresenting company ever again, and I suggest no one else does either--especially if they are attempting to book premium, first class seating. My planned vacation to visit my ailing parents is no longer going to happen and Travelocity is to blame.

My Husband got a call that his Mother was gravely ill. In haste he went to Travelocity to book a flight and accommodations. He accidentally clicked "yes" on the wrong airport. As soon as he clicked on agree the flight and hotel info and his confirmation came on the screen he realized his mistake. He immediately contacted Travelocity to change the info. He was told they could not help him. This site had ABSOLUTELY no regard for what he was dealing with, he did not want to cancel the trip, just correct the airport. Now we are forced to pay for the flights and hotels that he used, as well as unused trip and funeral costs. Thanks a lot Travelocity! Way to be customer friendly - just going to show you have NO CUSTOMER SERVICE! NEVER AGAIN!! And I intend on bashing you to everyone I know!

I purchased a multi-destination ticket. After using the first leg of the ticket. I was told I could get credit for the second journey of my flight. When I spoke to the manager who does the calculation (scam) Travelocity they told me my remaining credit was $0 based upon their calculation. So, I asked them how could the second flight be worth $0 and what about the taxes and fees. They continued to avoid my questions and would not issue me a credit. I thought this was a professional organization, but now I see that it's not. Never again would I use Travelocity.com.

So a few months ago I decided to book a cheap flight home. I'm on a budget and had to plan accordingly. I also bought the travel protection plan just in case. Fast forward to now, I unfortunately can't go on this trip. The flight is non refundable or non exchangeable. The reasoning for my cancellation and need for a refund or something of value. So I called twice, first time took about an hour on hold, only to be hung up on and the second time... exactly the same thing happened.

So I decided to try online, and I didn't get a response until I called the company out on a public post. Pretty much they said that they can't do a thing for me, this was their policy and sucks to be you. After the bad customer service, constant hang-ups, that's what I get. My reasoning for cancellation doesn't fit the insurance reasoning but still put in for it. Doubt I'll get it but I'll see. Don't use this service, customer service downright is not worth it.

Today, I went through the Travelocity website to reserve a vehicle in Tucson with plans to go to a certain city in Utah and spend a month there with the vehicle. When presented online with the motel options for the city I wanted to go to, I was offered a different motel in a different city! I did not want to stay for a month in the different city (which has no restaurants). I got frustrated and told the Travelocity representative on telephone that I would go to a different on-line source for travel connections. I suggest you do the same.

Their system had a glitch which caused duplicative flight reservations. After being put on hold and passed around to several people for 3 hours and 21 minutes, they refused to refund the funds. This big corporation is picking on a little consumer. Terrible.

Most frustrating place ever. Been trying to change a reservation for a flight that has been canceled TWICE in just a matter of months. Yesterday I was put on hold for about 20 minutes and was told I'd be charged $200 to change my flight because I was switching from a morning to an evening flight and I didn't change the flight THEY DID. When I asked to speak to a manager I never got one. Was just put on hold for about another 45 minutes and gave up. Called again today got a manager within 6 minutes. Talked to a manager for about 10 minutes but now and have now been on hold for almost 2 hours.. just waiting and waiting and waiting. I am never using them again or American Airlines!

I had booked a trip to Rome, Italy - my first vacation in 9 years!!! - through Travelocity, to fly via TAP Portugal. My oldest brother passed away several days before I was to take my trip, and I cancelled with Travelocity within 12 hours of being notified of his passing and specifically requested a full refund. Not only was the representative completely unsympathetic and unhelpful when I asked what the airline needed from me, she didn't issue me a refund - she issued me a full credit with the airline, promising someone would contact me RE: What next.

Naturally I have other things to worry about - my brother's dead. Three weeks later, I think, gosh. Haven't heard from anybody about my refund. Better call. I call Travelocity - who send me to TAP Portugal. Who send me back to Travelocity. Travelocity tries to shuffle me back to TAP Portugal and I say, "Look - I've been passed between you two all afternoon, can you help me out?" The Travelocity agent puts me on a long hold and then comes back with a Case ID# and tells me to send my brothers' medical paperwork and obituary to a generic Travelocity email - okay, I think, I can do that. I get everything they requested, and more, and send it off. The rep had promised someone would contact me within 48-72 hours. So I wait. And I wait.

8 days later, I call Travelocity again - they can't find my Case ID#. Great. More sitting on hold, them calling TAP, and - oh! They found my Case and the paperwork I sent. Cool. No one has looked at it yet, allegedly. But the Travelocity rep assures me that they will contact me within 48 hours... Again, nothing.

After another week, I open a claim with my credit card company. This has been going on for almost two months at this point. I'm done.

Credit card company contacts me (WOW, a company that actually follows through) a week later to let me know the status of my claim and that the Airline needs the paperwork I had sent to Travelocity nearly three weeks prior. Apparently because the original representative had failed to do as I asked, my money was with TAP Portugal the whole time. Rather than 1) Do what your customers ask you to do and 2) communicate to them what is needed from you in order to get the ball rolling, Travelocity has shuffled me around for nearly two months.

This is hands down the worst customer service that I have ever had to deal with. And I quote my Credit Card rep (whose personal line and email address I have been provided until case resolution, also - talk about customer care!) "Oh, Travelocity... Yeah, I would advise avoiding them in the future." If you have a dispute with this company, try to contact them - get something in writing that you tried - and let your credit card company help you out. These people are truly impossible to deal with.

We booked a vacation package including air to Biloxi. My wife's mother was in a nursing home and is 98 years old. When our trip approached my mother-in-law became very sick and we were notified by the nursing home of her condition. We decided that it was better to cancel the trip due to her condition. Travelocity refunded our money for hotel and car but could not the airfare. Our insurance had stated on the Travelocity site that we could cancel for any reason. ANON I believe was the insurance company and would not refund our money. When we contacted Travelocity about the problem they more or less said we were on our own and did not offer to help. Find your own insurance or use Expedia.

I had a terrible booking experience and customer service with Travelocity. They present false advertisement on their deal tickets. The advertised ticket showed return from 10pm to 6am and when I received my itinerary, it showed return time for 5:30am in the morning even though I called to verify the time frame before purchasing the ticket. Their agent hung up on me the first call and was placed on hold for over 35 minutes only to be told that there is no refund or cancellation on deal tickets from their false advertisement and confusion to get people to purchase their ticket. I will never use their service again, never!!!

I had trouble with a hotel booking and needed to speak to someone in Customer Support. I made a total of 13 phone calls, and I never could get a HUMAN on the line or directed to the issue I wanted to speak about. I will NEVER use Travelocity and will tell every business colleague I know to do the same.

DO NOT use this company! What a horrible headache and waste of time and money. They hike up prices, so you're better off booking with the airlines directly and if your flight goes without issue, you're fine, but if for any reason you need to cancel or make a change... be prepared for a RIDE! You will have to babysit the process of ever getting a credit, by calling and calling and calling. They will lie to you over the phone, they act confused, tell you you will receive a voucher?? That's bogus and never arrives. If you attempt to use your "voucher" it's impossible, what a waste of money, it's a foreign SCAM! With foreign SCAM ARTISTS, do not use them. They provide no benefit!!!

I tried to book a trip online. The Travelocity website wasn't working so I called to book a package deal. First mistake, do not call these people. The Travelocity customer service agent overcharged me $1800 and promised a credit. Now, after weeks of trying to find the credit (after calling more than 10 times and emails to customer service) I've gotten nowhere but put on hold for hours, disconnected multiple times, lied to by about least 6 different supervisors, and given false phone numbers. They will not help (or give you their last names or corporate information to go further up, they just hang up on you after being on hold forever). Do not use Travelocity, Expedia, or Orbitz. It's the same company. They just give you the run around for weeks and incorrect information that leads nowhere if you have a problem. Worst customer service!!! And I see the same complaints online. THEY DON'T CARE!!!

I was informed that my return flight was canceled by the airline and I tried to re-book the flight for two days later. I was informed that there would be a 200.00 fee per ticket. I informed the agent that I could give up my existing tickets (which were already paid for) and buy new tickets for 147.00 each for a total of 294.00. I explained this in detail and it fell on deaf ears, even after speaking with the supervisor. In short I called American Airlines and they had my new reservations available for a minimal up charge of 120.00 for both tickets. It is my hope that anyone reading this does not book through Travelocity. One word --> Ripoff.

They have changed their business practices and their customer service is nonexistent. I never write reviews, but I feel the need to warn, and implore, others not to use them for your travel plans. This company has become unethical in their business practices. Not only have their policies become unfriendly, but it is impossible to communicate with a representative in a reasonable manner due to the drones they have working the phones, which are also the end of the line for any kind of resolution. I will never use Travelocity again! After using them almost exclusively for years, they have finally proven that they are untrustworthy and do not deserve a dime of my money.

Airfare Booking/Buying - They answer the phone and quote higher prices than I found online. Then when I ask to speak with a supervisor, they hang up on me. I then call back and tell another employee why I want to speak with a supervisor and after 15 minutes on hold, I hang up. I will NEVER again in my lifetime try using Travelocity.

I recently purchased 2 air tickets to Italy for my wife and myself on Air Berlin. Air Berlin canceled the flights that I had fully paid for. When I contacted Travelocity I was informed that in order to rebook on different available flights I would have to pay an additional amount totaling more than FOUR TIMES the original amount I had paid.

I then requested a refund from Travelocity and was told that I was not entitled to a refund. Only after arguing for over 30 minutes with different personnel at Travelocity did they agree to give me a refund. However, they refused to refund the travel insurance I had purchased for those Air Berlin tickets stating that it was not their policy to make such refunds.

Fortunately my credit card company, Capital One, reimbursed me at their cost. I am fortunate that I have so excellent a credit card company. But it angers me that Travelocity can sell a product, then not deliver said product and still keep my money. I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH TRAVELOCITY AGAIN!!! They are simply thieves. I ended up rebooking our flights directly with Swiss Air for the same cost that Travelocity offered and was treated with courtesy by Swiss Air. My suggestion is that you book directly with the airline you intend to travel with and save yourself a lot of grief.

I got charged 3x for the same flight - Travelocity AFTER 2 HOURS didn't care, didn't help and scammed me. Booked online through their website. Charged for one leg of the trip three times and they couldn't give a care - told me to call my bank or the airline. TERRIBLE COMPANY - AVOID - NEVER AGAIN, NEVER AGAIN. WISH I COULD GIVE THEM A ZERO. PAY MORE, GO ELSEWHERE.

If you ever have a problem call Travelocity and you will reach a person in Central America who speaks very little English. And what they do speak I had to keep asking to "slow down" and "repeat". I will never use Travelocity again. NEVER! Another money hungry company that uses cheap slave labor to increase profits.

The WORST experience. I was hung up on 3 times. They would not honor the cheaper price from Expedia because I didn't have the photo showing the details but clearly it was still on Expedia and the agent confirmed it. I spoke to a manager and she hung up on me. I took the issue to social media but they still didn't care. They also booked the wrong dates on one of my reservations for a car, after I repeated the dates and times several times. It's also VERY hard to understand some of them. Never shopping on Travelocity or Expedia as they are the same company. I rather book directly through the airline and hotel. Spend the extra money but save the struggle.

Compare Travel Sites