Travelocity

Compare Travel Sites

Research top Travel Sites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Stay away from Travelocity! It took me 5 phone calls, the last of which lasted 2 hours! And what did I get for all my time and efforts? Nothing! I was trying to cancel a hotel reservation but it was impossible as there was no way to contact the hotel. Who puts a hotel on their website that you can't contact? The idiots at Travelocity, that's who.

Gets 1 star only because there are no zeros. I had to cancel my trip because of the hurricane. Trouble is, the hotel won't talk to me because I booked through Travelocity. I called Travelocity and they say it will be 25+ hours for a callback. Why even bother? Now I am out $200 for a hotel room I cannot use. Lesson learned; I will never again book anything through Travelocity.

I was quoted a total price of $212.80 for two identical rooms. When checking in I was charged $275.80. I was overcharged $63. The Hotel (Palmetto Inn Florence, SC) was rated a 3 stars by Travelocity but was not entitled to anything over a one star. Hotel only furnished one towel per room even though there were two people in each room. No waste baskets in any room. Had Swimming Pool which was closed. Had three ice machines which all were out of order. Advertised free breakfast but management told us there was no breakfast served. Advertised microwave and refrigerator in each room. One room had no refrigerator. Both rooms were not clean and beds looked as if someone just slept them.

08/24/2017, I booked Zocalo Hotel with no cancellation fee and was charged 417.03. Itinerary **. 08/25/2017, I changed my mind and canceled. I was only refunded 229.03 out of the 417.03 and per Travelocity, hotel charged 187.00 for canceling after 1 day. This was not disclosed. The cancellation fee even cost more than the room itself (157.81). What a very steep price to pay for nondisclosure of the cancellation fee of the hotel. Shame on Travelocity for the customers that are ripped off for non full disclosure. I want a full refund for my hard earned money.

I booked a ticket for my wife and my daughter to visit me from another country, and also purchased a "Total Protection Plan" for each of them. The "Total Protection Plan" said that the travel insurance covers cancellation and changes to the booked itinerary. I called Travelocity and tried to make a change for my wife and daughter's flight back to their home in another country. The customer service representative at Travelocity told me that the extra cost for changing flight would be more than $1000 dollars, and there is no money back for cancellation. The quality of customer service provided by Travelocity is low, and the "Total Protection Plan" advertised by Travelocity is worth of nothing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

Booked a car with Enterprise through Travelocity.com. My pick up/drop off location was Chicago O'hare International Airport. Once I booked my car, the confirmation said pick up/drop off location as Elmhurst, IL. I was a bit concerned about this. I called CSR at Travelocity and after spending 35-40 mins on the phone, they confirmed that the location will be at the O'hare airport. I requested an email to confirm. I trusted them because I've used Travelocity/Expedia for domestic and international travel before and I had never had any problems. Well this time was not the case.

Once I was at the Enterprise counter at O'hare, they quoted me a rental fee twice the amount of my reservation through Travelocity. Then they said that they didn't have a car for me at all. I called Travelocity, the agent couldn't fix the issue. I was transferred to the manager. After spending 45 minutes on the phone at 5am, the "manager" said he couldn't do anything because I had not prepaid the reservation. I was forced to take the shuttle back to the airport went to Alamo a "sister" company to Enterprise, they also said they had no car for me. Went back to the airport and finally made it to Hertz, where I was able to find a car at a premium price. I was venting with the Hertz rep and she told me that Travelocity does the same thing to them.

The Hertz rep told me that Travelocity searches for the cheapest rate "near" despite of your desired and indicated location, and books it, tricking you into something you don't want. I mean how were they expecting me to get to Elmhurst, IL from O'hare without a car? Will never use Travelocity/Expedia nor Enterprise again. Enterprise bad customer service leaving me to my own devices. Travelocity for lying and forcing me to waste time on my vacation with family trying to find alternate means of transportation. This is borderline fraud!

I had an overseas flight back scheduled for Aug the 8th. My itinerary # is **. I had some medical problems that prevented me to take that flight. I called the Travelocity Phone #**. I changed the flight back for Aug the 16th. I paid an extra U$300 for the change. Note that my round trip flight cost me U$ 840. Note too that today's fare are: - Round trip (NY- Colombia-NY): U$460 and one way flight from NY: U$260. The info source is the WEB different agencies (Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.,etc).

I had to postpone my return trip to Colombia again, for medical problems that were not solved in the time estimated. I called the agency again and I was told on the phone that the new fare for the return amounted TO U$ 2,600!!! I insisted on verification because the cost was undeniable highly abusive, completely disproportionate to the market conditions and my situation. That horrendous price was reconfirmed by the Travelocity agent. What can we do to stop this usual abusive practices!! I have flown at least 80 times and I do not have a good opinion about theses travel businesses. I will dispute the credit card charge of U300 that I already paid for nothing!! The agency and airline (?) made impossible the flight back that I have already paid TWICE!!! I appreciate to have had the opportunity to let someone know about some of the mistreatments a customer receives.

I reserved a room for my daughter and myself only to find out an hour later she had made a reservation also. I call immediately to cancel my reservation only to find out that my credit card had been charged the full amount of the room for two nights. I was told that I could not cancel. I called my credit card company and informed them to dispute the charges and called the hotel back. They denied charging my account and said that Travelocity had charged the card. It will be 3 days before I get a refund on the $300. Very bad business practice. They should be out of business!!!

I used Travelocity to booked an hotel room for a trip to Toronto, Canada. Everything was fine before I checked my credit card balance. Travelocity charged my hotel room in US dollar without any notice. On their site, my room was in Canadian dollar and I live in Canada so I couldn't see why they would charge in US dollar. It turns out that they have an American site and a Canadian site. I see that if I pay on an American site I will pay with American money, but they didn't write the amount in US dollar. It's really frustrating to come back from your trip to see that you paid 70$ more than you were suppose to pay. I'm so disappointed.

I purchased airline tickets plus hotel at Travelocity.com. At checkout, my card got declined. When I called my bank, they explained to me that my card got declined because of a spending limit up to $2500; as my purchase was approx. $3400, my card did not go through and got declined. However, Travelocity took $1798 from my bank account. When we contacted them, they were willing to cancel this transaction and release the money back to us but they said we need to wait 48 hours.

My complaint is: if my card does not have funds or if my bank puts a spending limit, and at checkout, it gets declined, why would you take $1798 from my account? For 48 hours, with $1798 missing from my account (in limbo), I was not able any longer to purchase tickets and make travel arrangements, and lost my reservation too. No companies should take and/or withhold money from someone's bank account if the purchase got declined. It is technically wrong and illegal whether due to their faulty checkout process and/or incompetence. They would not work out any solutions. I just got screwed.

Cancelled one of my trips which I received airline credits from ANA. Booked my new flight to Japan with a representative, they had to call ANA directly in order to book my ticket using my credits. All went great, paid the $290 rebooking fee and was told by the representative that she sent a confirmation twice, and to give it some time as email may be slow to process.

About a week or so go by and still haven't received a confirmation, decided to call Travelocity again to get an itinerary and after a few hours, they successfully contact ANA for an itinerary to send to me but I noticed that my middle name was misspelled. The agent told me to contact ANA directly and gave me the number. I contacted ANA directly and was told that Travelocity will have to be the one to contact them directly. I contacted Travelocity again and after a while of explaining to the agent that they have to call ANA and that my itinerary won't pull up on Travelocity, she finally contacts the ANA directly. 1.15 hours on hold, she finally returns and states that she will be transferring my call to her supervisor.

Supervisor works on the situation and calls ANA. 2.05 hours into the call, supervisor states that the ANA rep and United (ANA is operated by United) states that they cannot do anything at this time and will have to contact the customer specialties department to get my name changed once they open back up in the morning. Supervisor says that she will call me back tomorrow after calling customer service. 2.20 hours wasted with no resolution. Will never fly ANA/United and will probably never use Travelocity again.

We reserved a rental car through Travelocity, and for some reasons decided to buy the insurance through them (270 ish CAN$/2 weeks). The contract we signed with Travelocity specifies that the rental location is open 24 hours, which is quite important when you pick-up a car right after flying, as delays occur. When we got to the Entreprise location at about 2:45 (our flight was slightly delayed), it turns out that the concerned Enterprise location was closing at 2:00. Indeed, having had known, we would have chosen another location for renting a car. Clearly, the contract we signed contained a mistake that mislead us.

After taking an 80 USD$ taxi to our accommodation, I immediately called Travelocity Customer Service with the view of arranging for another (accurate) rental contract at the same rate, or if impossible to get a full refund for the car insurance that was then obsolete. I did not know I was up for up to 4 hours of useless, highly frustrating and actually blatantly dishonest phone conversations. Call 1: about 45 minutes, being on hold for most of it while customer agent talks to supervisor. The line cuts (on Travelocity's side). No one calls me back. Indeed, when I call back, it is impossible to find again the first person I talked to. Had to start from scratch.

Call 2: a bit over an hour. After about 45 minutes ish, the representative puts me on hold supposedly "to arrange things" with Enterprise. Comes back to me after 30 minutes saying we can pick-up our car the next day, same location same price. I was happy, until I called the Enterprise location to confirm our reservation. It turns out that there are none. In fact, I called the general Enterprise number, and no one seem to have any trace of a reservation under my husband or my name, and never heard about Travelocity. I still have a hard time believing it, but I can only conclude that the Travelocity representative lied to us. Call 3: Faced with the evidence that first responders are either useless if not blatantly dishonest, I ask to speak with the employee's manager. The manager assesses the issue, puts me on hold for a little while to announce to me that they will reimburse the cost of the insurance we paid.

I calmed down a little: it is the least I could expect. Then I spent more an hour-and-a-half on hold while he is supposedly trying to reach the billing department. The manager finally comes back to the phone to tell me that - prepare yourself, it is unbelievable - they are resetting their system and cannot process to the reimbursement. Sure. I am a complete idiot. The best he can do is to offer a coupon at Travelocity. Surely, we would be glad to spend more money with them after throwing 270$ in the garbage for the car insurance that has no object. We are lucky people, we can suck up the 270$. However, I will never deal again with a company that trains their customer support people to lie and waste people time to save a buck. Travelocity is dishonest and disrespectful of their consumer.

I would give negative stars if I could. About a month & a half ago, booked a round trip to Miami w/ my husband on American Airlines, thru Travelocity. A few days later, we decided to add a few days to the trip, change our depart date from home. Spoke to customer service & was told I would have to pay $200/ flight to cancel & pick a new departure date (from home) & pay the difference. WTF. So, we went back online & booked a one way/ each, for the day we wanted to leave. American Airlines would not have lost a penny, we still had every intention on paying for a flight we were not going to be on. Our new Delta flight could not have been more enjoyable. Landed in Miami, had the time of our lives. Went to check into our American Airlines return flight home & it was cancelled. Not only had American cancelled our flight home to our kids, but Travelocity didn't notify us.

Cost us another $1,110 to get home, found open seats on Delta, again, fabulous flight, last minute. The only thing Travelocity did was offer me & my husband an American Airlines voucher for the amount we paid for our round trips + plus $200 rebooking fee/ each to Miami to be used by June 2018. That still didn't make up from the $1,110 we paid just to get home, like no, I want my money back. & no, I don't want to go back to Miami. What a crappy way to end the best vacation ever. We get home and I contact Travelocity and they "could not", would not refund my money. They said the best they could do again, was the voucher and because I didn't want that, they suggested I contact American Airlines. I went to their website & in order to receive a monetary refund, you submit all your documentation to a Review Committee & they may or may not contact you in 7-10 business days to inform you of their decision. Again, no.

I called my bank, PNC, & filed a Dispute Claim, then received an immediate credit for the amount I paid for the first round trip (for my husband + myself) I booked from Travelocity. I just have to go into the local branch to fill out the paper work. THANK GOD, FINALLY SOMETHING! & when you think about it, my husband & I were lucky we had the $1,110 in our account to book that flight home, because that silly good for nothing voucher would not have been enough to get us to our kids. Some people don't have that, so what would we have done then? I mean, we are hard working people and we do not have money to throw away like that. What did we learn here today, folks? Travelocity Sucks. DELTA ROCKS. American Airlines Sucks. DELTA ROCKS. PNC ROCKS. NEVER AGAIN, Travelocity and American, shame on you for taking peoples money and leaving them high & dry. Delta Mom For Life, Michigan.

I reserved my flight in the beginning of March 2017 with Travelocity for my trip from Newburgh, NY airport to Portland, Oregon. I printed my itinerary and I also received two texts prior to my flight stating the same info as my itinerary. I received a third text the day of my flight with same info. I arrived at the airport two hours before my flight and they told me that the flight left about a half hour ago. Apparently American Airlines, about eight to ten weeks, changed the flight times for this flight. They asked me who booked me and I told them it was through Travelocity. The airlines said they have been getting many customers who booked through Travelocity and none of them were informed of flight time changes. She called someone at the airport to report that it was yet "another Travelocity" customer that missed their flight through Travelocity error.

The airline booked me for another flight at another airport that was two hours away. I would have had to take a cab but thank goodness I had someone drive me to the airport and they said they would take me. An older gentleman, in a wheelchair, was in line before me and it turns out he also was a victim of Travelocity. I could see his itinerary in hand and he was frightened and angered at the same time. American Airlines took good care of him and made sure he would be taken care of and got him in cab for a ride to his airport. I just couldn't believe that they are able to get away with treating people in such a way. I paid for their service and they did nothing for it and they still get to keep their money.

Travelocity's travel insurance boasts total coverage... What a joke!!! $170+ to cover virtually nothing like it. Unless you've been run over by a bus, forget it! IT DOES NOT COVER ANYTHING EXCEPT ILLNESS. I took it out thinking it would cover all cancellations... NOPE! I will never ever use these people again.

When I go to the Travelocity website and try to get information on room availability in the Arnold/Bear Valley area in California and click on the information for Tamarack Lodge I get a message that there are no rooms available at any time. I know this is incorrect since I have visited Tamarack Lodge on many occasions and rooms are almost always available. So, as far as I can see, Travelocity is promoting false information to the detriment of Tamarack Lodge. I would advise any potential traveler to go to the Tamarack Lodge website at www.tamaracklodgeatbearvalley.com and book directly online, not through Travelocity. Meanwhile Travelocity should be held responsible for lost bookings at Tamarack Lodge as a result of their false information. I demand that Travelocity change their information to indicate that room may be available at all times but be sure to check the Lodge Website at www.tamaracklodgeatbearvalley.com before giving up.

I booked an airlines to Colombo this morning and it said guaranteed fares etc... When come to final legs... it jumped from $1,700 to 7,300. This site is a piece of **! Trying to scam people. I will go to hell to get it straight should they charge my credit card. What a piece of ** and I don't care who they are! People like this should be put in jail.

I booked, then cancelled, a hotel room within the advertised time period through Travelocity but was charged anyway for 3 nights. I didn't notice it on my credit card bill right away. My account at Travelocity said it was cancelled and I owed no money. I spoke to a supervisor at Travelocity who said she would personally address the problem and that I would get my money back, she would call me back tomorrow, etc. Heard nothing for a week, then I called again. This time I got an email stating they advocated for me but because it was a special graduation weekend, the hotel (Springhill) denied the refund.

Eventually I spoke to the right person at the hotel who said it was supposed to be a nonrefundable room, but they would credit my charge card "this time", which they did. Yay! Several weeks later I got another email, from Expedia this time, saying they were still working on it??? Then came the email again saying they advocated for me but the hotel denied the refund. "Thank you for choosing Expedia." The main reasons I can no longer use Travelocity/Expedia are: 1. Their information is not reliable. 2. They don't stand behind their published information.

I was on their website tonight to view and book a hotel for my trip, as I'm looking at the offers a banner ad flashes from Travelocity. This banner offers you an additional 10% off your stay is states that you will receive the 10% after completing the booking. That's it. There are no other requirements on this ad. I did finish the booking after seeing this ad and for some reason I didn't get my discount. So I called their customer service. After talk to three different people and wasting 55 minutes on the call I was told that I would not receive any discount. So don't waste your time with Fake Discount Ads from Travelocity.

When dealing with the India call center, don't believe a word. After four calls where they "guarantee" they will handle my refund. They never call back, they never email like they promise. They do nothing. Don't even bother with them, demand to be transferred to the American call center immediately.

So I attempted to book a DIRECT round trip flight from Phoenix to Denver this morning (res # **). I made the mistake of using a Travelocity "bargain fare," which apparently means there is no recourse ever, even though I paid $19 extra for trip cancellation insurance. At no point in time was I told that this might involve one or two connections, because had I seen that in the three pages of eight point font disclaimers, I would not have purchased the fare. It's not like this bargain was all that great. I saved $40 at most over a standard fare. I don't do connecting flights, period. I don't like flying to begin with as I'm not a small guy, and then on top of that, to have two landing and take-off cycles over four hours is hard on me. I could file a claim through the insurance but I prefer not to lie to them about being sick to get my money back.

I wasted nearly an hour on the phone talking to Travelocity's customer service staff, which was like talking to a wall. In fact, Donald Trump called, and he wants to hire Travelocity customer service people to be that wall. So now my entire trip is ruined. I'm not going to be on a connecting flight through Salt Lake City, which is nowhere near Denver or Phoenix. This will be the last $200 I ever spend on Travelocity. I hope they like the funds.

I am currently now 45 minutes on the phone trying to cancel a flight I made! I purchased the cancellation plan for $38.00 specifically because I had an issue once before. Well, guess what? It doesn't REALLY mean you can cancel and get a refund! It's a money making scam and consumers need to be well aware. It stated cancellation due to death, illness. Illness has come up but Travelocity, who took my money, is not the one to give back my money. Must go to a review board with documentation, etc. Who knows how long that will take. Will not EVER use Travelocity again!

Booked flight for September to Uganda. Realized I needed to leave later. Called Travelocity and had no problem. However when agent rebooked my flight he misspelled my middle and last name inserting an "s" instead of "a." I called back within 15 minutes and have continually called, emailed and Facebooked. They just keep telling me an agent will contact me either in 24, 48 or 72 hours. It's been days and no special agent is contacting me. This is a big deal for International travel.

I booked a hotel, the hotel apparently canceled. Travelocity didn't notify me. I asked them several times why I wasn't notified with no answer. I had called the hotel for a late check in which they said they didn't have a reservation. This was of course after speaking with several people. They told me to call Travelocity. In the end, I spoke to 4 people over the course of 3 hours! The second agent said that they didn't have a different hotel so they would give me a $25 coupon for my next trip.

"We are 1/2 way to our destination mind you... you have got to be kidding me." Then she offered $50. Still no. Then I asked for her manager who then transfers me to another department. They tell me that they have found an alternate solution and they need my credit card for the original transaction. Then after some time they come back and say that is no longer available and we will be 10 miles from the beach... umm no. We were suppose to be on the beach to begin with. After 3 hours on the phone we ended up in a mediocre hotel on the beach. I will NEVER use Travelocity again. I have never had issues booking online.

Travelocity needs to go away. Just had a terrible experience with Travelocity. We're in Ireland for a family wedding. My son arrived, and promptly was hospitalized with acute renal failure. He's in the hospital ICU and his Doctor feels he should stay a few extra days to recover enough to make the trip back home. Travelocity was absolutely no help, assistance, or even understanding. We only wanted to delay his return for 2 days. We were willing to pay the change fees, etc. The airlines told us we needed Travelocity to request a medical delay and they would honor it.

Travelocity would not do it. Hanging up on our son's wife 3 times, and commenting, "If he's well enough to be released from the hospital, he's well enough to fly." I couldn't believe it. Instead Travelocity proposed he buy 2 new one way tickets that cost much more than the R/T tickets he originally purchased. I urge all of you to NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN. Seems the Company is too scabby to do the right thing.

I live in Columbus, OH and my sister lived in Daytona Beach, FL. I purchased a ticket from Travelocity to see her. She had to flee Florida because her husband threatened her and there was no one in Florida for her to stay with during this time. She came back to Ohio. When I found this out, I called Travelocity. They asked me why I couldn't use my ticket. I told them the truth. They then told me it was a non-refundable ticket and that I couldn't get my money back NOR could I get a credit for the flight. The flight was on Delta Airlines so I decided to try them before giving up.

I went to the ticket counter and the ticket agent told me that because I purchased the ticket with Travelocity they couldn't help me. If I had purchased it thru Delta, I would have been able to get a voucher for at least some of the money. Delta told me that if I had to cancel my flight because someone was ill I might have been able to get some of my money back. So, I guess I should have lied. I will never purchase anything from Travelocity again. If I purchase airfare, I will purchase it directly from the airline.

I will NEVER use Travelocity again or SPIRIT Airlines for that matter. ONLY after booking my package was I informed of the additional "OVER THE TOP" baggage fees along with fees to make a seat selection. The additional fees were nowhere mentioned until I booked the non-refundable travel. The additional fees amounted to 12% of my total package. Of course you can take your chances and pay the additional seat assignment charges. This was not an option for me as I was traveling with children and did not want to risk being separated on the airplane. I wish I would have read the reviews prior to booking by travel. Lessons learned.

There is fraud on my account! Happened 2 weeks ago while I was on vacation. Disputed via email. Now, weeks later I get an email to just follow up with customer service which is in India!!! ZERO HELP and sitting on hold FOREVER! What kind of garbage is this!? Tried Facebook customer service and got a LIZA who gives scripted answers and doesn't respond! The WORST!!! Stay away from these incompetent frauds!!!

The only reason I even used Travelocity is cause my flight to and from search pulled them up. Apparently they pay the search engine to come up first. So they have the chance to rip off unsuspecting travelers!! So unknowingly. I paid for the TOTAL PROTECTION PLAN. $34.00 EACH WAY. In case of sick or whatever. I did get sick and needed to reschedule. They wouldn't just cancel one flight AND reschedule. $200.00 cancellation fee. Then you have to file paperwork to satisfy the claim and wait for some ** to approve it in hopes of getting your money back. Some day. And even then would not schedule me a new flight. Wanted me to go back to ** and get frauded again.

They kept me on hold for over an hour. To deny deny deny. Then I got smart, and went online direct to Delta, and opened an account. Told them what these ** did, they kindly, happily immediately! changed the flight. No problems. No fees. All while waiting to talk to the terd thieving **. Manager that never answered in 1hr 39 min when I hung up the hold I was on.

I am filing a complaint against Travelocity for a flight that I purchased via their site. Because of medical reasons I was going to need to get surgery and change my flights to a week earlier. I booked through JetBlue as well as Delta where they told me that on top of any rebooking fees I would be subject to the $150 JetBlue and $200 Delta fee, okay. I spent approx. an hr with the agent going over the cheapest flight options as well. I told her to rebook my flights for the week earlier and to email me them as well as the medical cancelation policies. I realized all I had I my email was a one way flight and then otherwise just cancelation.

When I called Travelocity they told me that all I had was a one way flight which was the one I canceled, not even the same flight that I received an email for that I was booked on. I was also charged on my credit card for both the new flights but was never actually rebooked for them. I have also tried multiple times to speak to a supervisor without help.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Travelocity is a Dallas-based travel company owned by Sabre Corporation, a travel technology company that has been in business since 1960.

• Hotels: Travelocity lists rooms from over 271,000 hotels around the world.
  • Inspirational guides: Vacationers who don't know where to go can use Travelocity guides to get inspired.
  • Mobile app: Travelocity's mobile app offers exclusive discounts and lets travelers access their reservations on the go.
  • Vacation packages: Vacation packages can help travelers save money getting to and staying in their destination cities.
  • Price guarantee: Travelocity will match better deals and give customers $50 travel coupons for future trips.
  • Best for Budget, domestic and international travelers.

Compare Travel Sites