1.04/5
Based on 125 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a travel site?

1301 Travelocity Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 20, 2018

I recently booked a hotel through Travelocity from my cell. After I received the confirmation via text it showed the reservation at a location 20 miles from the city and hotel I entered. I reached out by email, live chat, IM through FB, and called to either cancel or transfer to another hotel (same chain). I didn't receive any resolution to my problem, they suggested I contact the hotel. The hotel explained they can do nothing to help since it was booked through a 3rd party. Calls were dropped, IM messages made absolutely no sense - they even asked if I wanted to book a hotel in Montgomerie Dubai - Golf Course, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, from Saturday, June 30, 2018 to Sunday, July 1, 2018... This is nowhere near Indiana USA... Customer service is absolutely terrible. Do not book through them.

Original review: June 20, 2018

It is a complete scam. They won’t reimburse you, they simple give you a phone number and “good luck.” Complete misrepresentation and should be fined for tricking their consumers. It is not their own insurance and is 100% a scam. Buyer be aware.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Sad to say but I was passing through. I dont know Corpus so tried Travelocity...for a quick help. Ended up paying more than 27 bucks more than the standard rate. What a rip off!!! No soap...2 small towels that only dried my hair than super soaked. I could go on but it is what it is. Lesson learned. Never again use Travelocity.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I booked a room with a hotel via Travelocity for two nights. I received the confirmation email. The room was cheaper via Travelocity than with the hotel directly. I contacted the hotel to confirm several times before my arrival and they never received the reservation. I ended up reserving with Bookit.com at another hotel. I called Travelocity to complain and the rep did nothing. He called the hotel to confirm my claim but then proceeded to put me on hold and then the call “dropped”. Previously the call dropped and he called me back. He never called me back because he had no intentions of taking any actions. BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I called regarding a price match inquiry, where I had found a similar flight, but about $600 cheaper. I was slightly above the strict 24 hour time frame to claim a price match but they wouldn't do anything about it. When I wanted to cancel my flight with them, it was also not possible as the first employee told me that I had purchased a NON-REFUNDABLE flight.

The supervisor later told me that it was indeed possible, but that I would be charged $231 to do so. This company DOESN'T CARE ABOUT MAKING THEIR CUSTOMERS HAPPY, they only care about you doing a one-time HORRIBLE booking with them. They don't care that you're having a bad experience and will never want to book with them again. They don't display their reviews on Google nor Facebook, and I should've been more careful. Now that I read all of the below terrible reviews for this company, I understand everyone's frustration with this company. Please do your research before spending thousands of dollars on booking a flight. Don't go with Travelocity.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

Original review: June 8, 2018

Travelocity will not help you! I booked travel to Dublin (air/car). A few weeks prior to travel realized my first name was misspelled on the reservation - had an extra "l" and missing an "e". I called the airline they said no cost for up to 3 character change - Travelocity insists that there is a $230 cost to change. I spoke to 4 different airline people and one chat session, each confirming verbally and in writing no cost. Yet after 5 hours of holds and back and forth Travelocity still insist the airline as a charge. Airline can't make the change due to it was booked via agency. So I'm stuck with paying $230! Would suggest to everyone go directly to the hotels, car companies and airline to make your reservations. Skip the 3rd party like TRAVELOCITY, they are quick to take your money but not help you when it's needed.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I have used Travelocity for many years and have never had a problem until recently when I booked a reservation and immediately discovered that I selected the wrong hotel. Of course, I immediately called Travelocity (within 5 minutes) and the representative was cordial but informed me that the hotel has a no refund cancellation policy. However, since I purchased the vacation waiver/insurance that they would refund me the hotel charge minus $176.00 - the cost of the travel insurance. I tried to explain that I selected it as an error and was being punished for making a mistake. The next day, I spoke to a manager who also regurgitated the same information. I asked if I should call the hotel directly and would it make a difference and they said it would not.

I agree with the other reviewers that this company has no integrity and is making money by illegally charging customers for making mistakes. Whatever happened to a grace period for cancellation of services within 24-48 hours? Their customer service really needs to be assessed since they are severely lacking in this area. I am out of $176 and will never use the company again. They are robbing people by using policies that are unfair, unjust and should be ashamed of themselves. Please use another company.

Original review: June 5, 2018

The bait - I was searching for hotel deals in Montreal and closed the search. Then I saw the link for the same hotel at 1/2 the price in my Yahoo feed, for the same hotel and Saturday night. Obviously no coincident, but done with cookies. So I clicked on the link and purchased the hotel for 1/2 the price I was looking and for the same Saturday night... The switch - the 1/2 price was for 2 nights and so they had scheduled me for Saturday and Sunday night. I could not stay Sunday night, so when I tried to cancel they said the rate was not cancel-able. This call occurred within 5 minutes of the order. Then when I fought this charge on my credit card. Travelocity had the audacity to fight this.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I booked my trip with Travelocity to Istanbul Air hotel and transportation. Good reliable Travelocity left me at the ticket counter at airport with no Airline Tickets issued. Yet my trip was was confirmed via Email just 2 days before my flight. I called them for over 40 minutes from airport, they had no idea what happened. Mind you this is not my first time booking a trip online. I did wind up leaving by purchasing my own ticket at double the cost. Travelocity was kind enough not to leave me on the street homeless in a foreign country.

They did manage to confirm the hotel. How this happened it took me 4 hours later once I returned to find out. First representative said it was double booking, second said someone canceled the air and third said the price jumped from the original confirmation so no ticket was ever issued. All may have been true but a notification advising the customer would have been sufficient enough. All I can say Travelocity is not reputable company in my book. After all the hassle aggravation I was offered a $100 voucher for 2 tickets. 50 a pop mind you. I told them to keep it. Just imagine waiting 1 hour online in Airport took a week off for a vacation you get to the counter no tickets you cant fly. Yet I was offered $100.00. No thanks.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I booked a package trip online last night. At the end of the booking I received an error message saying to try again. The 'try again' was a hyper-link that took me back to my reservation. I reentered all of my info and clicked 'book it' again. Again, an error message. I called Travelocity to find out the problem and was told that the 2nd booking had indeed gone through and I was all set. Rep gave me the confirmation #. Something told me to check the reservation on-line. Imagine my surprise to see that I had 2 exact trips booked within 2 mins of each other. Again I called... for the next 3 hours I went through a nightmare. They refused to cancel the duplicate reservation, even though their website was the issue. They wanted to charge me $375 to cancel. I refused to pay even .01. After 3 hrs I was told that I needed to have a waiver from the hotel in order to cancel without a fee.

They were suppose to contact the hotel the next am (it was now 12 am in London) to request this waiver. Naturally, I called the next morning and nobody had called the hotel. After spending another 3.5 hrs on the phone... and refusing to hang up until the trip was canceled without a fee. The supervisor I was talking to contacted their corporate office. Just as I had told them the night before, their website was at fault. They were updating their system and they had some issues with glitches. Corporate told them to cancel both reservations in full without penalty as the issues were THEIR fault. If their customer service reps had made that call the night before when I asked them to, I could have saved 6 hours of this nightmare! After spending another 45 mins on the phone, while each phase of the reservation was canceled, I finally received email confirmation that everything was canceled.

Of course, it was going to take 7-10 for the credit to be processed and the 1-2 billing cycles for it to be refunded, leaving me with over $6000 of charges on my card. It was the worst experience I have had to encounter like this and I will make sure that everyone I know, and every site that I can leave a review on, makes people aware of the nightmare they will encounter if they trust their trip to Travelocity! Run. Run. do NOT use them for anything! Other more reputable companies can offer the same deals... and most of the time even better deals!

Original review: May 30, 2018

I booked a roundtrip flight to Copenhagen on Travelocity for my husband and I, then cancelled it within two hours by clicking on their CANCEL button online because I found a better airline and connection on Expedia. (Suppose to be able to cancel any reservation on Travelocity free within 24 hrs!) When I hit the CANCEL button, a screen came up showing me the amount of my credit ($2432.02) – which I surmised was the original total minus the insurance and their booking fee. My Travelocity online “my account” also showed no upcoming flights and the previous booking to Copenhagen, was listed as a search only; so I thought all was good. NOPE!

Our VISA statement arrived showing the charge ($2606.32) but no credit. I called Travelocity THREE times! I was continually put on hold and passed from one “supervisor” to another. First phone call was one hour and final person said they would contact me in 3-5 days. After a week and no word, I called again – same routine. After 40 minutes, a “supervisor” told me it was probably a computer glitch and he would talk to his “supervisor” and call me right back if we got disconnected, which we did, but he did not call back. Third time I called, 3 hours later, another “supervisor” said “corporate” had made the decision that they had no record of the cancellation so there would be no refund!!! Obviously, the CANCEL button is a scam! None of the “supervisors” would comment on the button!

Original review: May 29, 2018

I booked the City Line Hotel on Travelocity on the 19th of May, 2018. I proceeded to call the hotel to confirm the reservation. During the call, I was informed by the hotel that they were fully booked and there wasn't supposed to be an opening on Travelocity. I was asked to request my refund from Travelocity. I called the customer service of Travelocity, where I was told they were having difficulty contacting the hotel. I found this absurd as I called the hotel without any issues. I was informed that they would get back to me via email.

On the 23rd of May, I received an email that they were still unable to contact the hotel. I didn't get any other response. I sent an email on the 30th of May still requesting my refund, and I was told that the hotel denied my refund due to policy. I didn't understand, and I asked for clarification. I was then informed in an email that the hotel marked me a "no show" hence they couldn't issue a refund. This is absurd, as I ended up booking another hotel and paying almost twice the price I paid on Travelocity.

Travelocity charged my credit card when a hotel was fully booked and has refused to issue a refund even after I brought it to their notice. I realized that this is not a unique experience as there are several complaints about this behavior of Travelocity online. People booking travels and hotels should please avoid the services of Travelocity. They are unreliable and would take your money without delivering what was promised. I don't know if I will be refunded but I hope that this experience and that of the thousands of people can serve as a warning to anyone considering the services of Travelocity.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Tried to cancel one traveler's flight, something so simple, right? It took 30 mins waiting for the rep to cancel just the one traveler's flight, then he tells me he has to transfer me to someone else to complete the cancellation. I waited on hold for 30 mins for this mystery person who never took my call. Finally, I hung up and called back to request a supervisor take my call, was placed on hold again for 25 mins and hung up. They called me back to tell me to please continue to hold that he is trying to get a supervisor for me. As I type this I am now on hold for over 17 mins. This is all just to cancel a flight!!! Unbelievable!!! Something so simple, I mean isn't this what a travel site does day in and day out??? I will never use Travelocity again! I will just book directly with the airlines. How do they stay in business with this kind of poor customer service?

Original review: May 15, 2018

I booked online. Opening up calendar first thing comes up is May and since it is May makes sense. Booked for three days ahead to find out it booked for 2019. Called to get corrected. Said it was done. Get email from hotel saying it still says 2019. Called Travelocity back. They hung up. Called back. Was on phone for 3 hours customer service, manager then waited on hold 45 mins to get some big executive who finally cancelled my reservation but have to wait 15 days for them to process. Where I had to call hotel itself and book with them. Should have skipped Travelocity and all their hassle and just booked directly. Will never use their services again. Very disappointed.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I was trying to book a roundtrip ticket from Tucson to Nashville and was watching Travelocity for several weeks. I noticed one time it changed my dates somewhere going back and forth plus I would receive emails with great prices but wrong dates. One time when I was checking and again going back and forth trying to see which days were better to travel, the site changed my dates and I did not notice because I came up with a great fare and decided to book it. My annual meeting dates with my small business were to travel May 4 and return May 6 but I was willing to go a day earlier or stay a day later.

After I booked it I did receive an email from Travelocity but I did not read it at the time because I was busy and several days later when talking with a co-worker who was getting ready to book her ticket I discovered my ticket was completely wrong; it was for travel on the 15th of May and returning on the 23rd of May which is useless to me. I did not select those dates, their system filled it in!

When I called them to explain what happened I was on the phone for a very very long time and passed from person to person and then a manager who was not very friendly and told me by booking my ticket, I confirmed that was what I wanted which was ridiculous. She also said I got a confirmation email therefore I told them twice that was what I wanted. I tried to get a credit for travel at another time and they did not allow that and I tried to cancel but it was going to cost me a lot of money to cancel which added up more than the ticket. I am having to just keep the ticket and I will be a no show otherwise it will cost me money.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I have never written a review regarding any online services I have used in the past but I am so horrified about my treatment from Travelocity that I had to write one this time. My son surprised my husband and me with tickets to Baltimore as a Christmas present. He bought the trip insurance in case we had issue with the itinerary he selected for us. We had a change in plans and ended up canceling the tickets. When I tried to re-book our flights and use the credit in our account, Travelocity charged a $100 fee per ticket. When I disputed this charge they told me they have many trip insurance policies and this is the way this particular policy worked. Of course this is not the way it was explained to my son when he bought it. Why would anyone pay $38 extra per ticket for trip insurance that is not honored by Travelocity? I will NEVER use Travelocity again.

Original review: May 7, 2018

More than a month has gone by since I first wrote this review. My "Travelocity" problem has since been resolved - by Delta and NOT by Travelocity. I just found the review I wrote in my Gmail drafts folder and remembered that I intended to send it to ConsumerAffairs, I just got sidetracked by life. In retrospect I think the moral of this story is DO NOT book through Travelocity if you are booking more than a week or two out. If you do, be aware that airline schedules change and when they do, DON'T expect Travelocity to fix any problems caused by the changes. Instead, call the airline you booked your flights with. Sounds like a "no brainer", right? But I don't fly much anymore and so wasn't aware of potential problems. Find a comfortable spot if you are curious. My first sentence warns you it is long and I wasn't exaggerating. This is the review I wrote, and then forgot about:

This is long, so be prepared. If I could give Travelocity multiple negative stars I would give them a zillion. My problem hasn't been resolved yet, hoping it will be. Airlines change their schedules - I get that. BUT how Travelocity is dealing with changes is completely unacceptable. I've been reading some reviews and I see I'm not the only person complaining about the exact same thing. My story has a little different twist because I am deaf but apparently the basic scenario is the same. I wrote a long email to Delta and I am just going to insert it here word for word (except I am deleting names and our Skymile and phone numbers and I tweaked a couple of words hastily written in my state of dismay. )): The following was sent to Delta:

*HOW CAN WE HELP? First off - I am hoping my daughter has solved my problem already. So this is a bit of a rant. If you don't have the time or the patience, or are for some reason sick of old deaf people writing to you, please pass this off. If you by chance have an associate who is hard of hearing that would be a good person to give this email to because they will understand. I am 68 years old and deaf. I have cochlear implants. I haven't flown in years because of this. The last flights I took were short flights to Vegas on Allegiant. They were good about boarding me first, putting me in front, etc. because once I get in the airport and on a plane I can't understand anything (it's way too noisy). Now I just drive to Vegas. I didn't even realize I still had Skymiles left over from a long trip in my working days. My granddaughter is graduating from Dartmouth in June.

This is a big deal in our family - nobody else has ever been smart enough or worked hard enough to get a full ride scholarship. So my daughter convinced me that I should fly to Manchester NH (I have a sister there too) and attend the graduation. My husband (Skymile # **) (who has been flying lately - elderly sick parents in Indiana) has started getting himself 1st class tickets and he wanted me to discover how wonderful it is to fly 1st class - which I've never flown because of the cost. But he said he would pay for the upgrade (which he has yet to do, I'm not holding my breath), so I booked it.

Full disclosure: the fare I found was "business" class but he wanted me to go 1st so I researched and discovered that on domestic flights they are basically the same - I hope that is true and the internet wasn't lying. But this email isn't about that - it's about the grief I (and now my daughter) am going through because I booked with Travelocity. Here is what has transpired: Phone calls are really difficult for me - but I try - sometimes successful, sometimes not so much. I received an email from Travelocity that said several legs of my flights to and from Manchester had been changed. I read it all and they had all changed by just a few minutes that made no difference to me EXCEPT that Detroit leg on the return back to Bozeman that is causing all the problems. That email didn't show that anything had changed on that leg! It was exactly the same as what I booked.

Then yesterday I got an email from Travelocity asking me to call them because of “substantial” changes. So I did but I couldn't understand the first person at all (accent and talked too fast). So that is where things get tricky. Because I tell this person I'm deaf - ask him (or her - I can't even tell the difference) to talk slooowly - pretend I'm mentally challenged or 4 years old. After a bit - they tire of my not being able to understand - apparently they are incapable of talking slowly or it’s against the rules or something - they put me on hold - for a long time. So, I hung up and called back - hoping I'd get someone I can understand. I had a hard time understanding the second call too (**) but she tried to slow down at least and I got most of it. First, I think she tried to get me to accept the original fare.

The reason I think that is because she kept reading the itinerary to me and asking me if I accepted it. So, I kept asking why she was asking me that and why they wanted me to call them for such small changes that didn't make a difference to me. So then she went on about having to rebook the fare. So I was asking why about that too. When she was repeating the itinerary back (for probably the third time) I finally (somehow, it was like a miracle) caught that there was a time problem with that Detroit leg on my return home.

So I made her repeat it again and then she said something like "Oh yeah - that's not a valid connection". Duh! Then the searching for alternative flights started. She found one that left really early on June 13th (the original flight left in the afternoon) and while I was trying to decide whether I should accept that, she mentioned that I could leave the day before or after if I wanted to. Well that could work. So that's when she came up with the June 12th itinerary - leaving Manchester at 1 pm, arriving in NY about 2, then Minneapolis and then getting home at 9:05. She made me confirm that I would accept that itinerary (which I did) and then she said something that sounded to me like "I can't authorize this so I'm transferring you to... (someone - I couldn't understand exactly). So then I got a man (I think) who was absolutely impossible."

By now I’m in tears (unless you’ve been, or are, deaf you can’t possibly understand how stressful this call has become) so I take my phone to my daughter’s house (she lives close and he has me on hold again - I guess hoping I will go away) and ask her to take over and help me. The guy finally came back and even she couldn’t understand him!!!! Made me feel a bit better anyway. He finally transferred her to someone else (at her request) and she basically had repeat conversations the same as mine trying to get the ticket changed. They kept putting her on hold too after the transfer to the person “who is authorized to change the itinerary” but that person kept putting her on hold and she finally gave up. All this took more than 3 hours!!!

So, my daughter is calling Delta today while at work or after work. After what we went through last night I can’t imagine how she’ll get it done at work. But she says she will be able to straighten it all out. God, I hope so. So now, with hindsight, what I think is that actually Travelocity isn't allowed to make changes like that - you have to call Delta - but I didn't know that. So why did Travelocity even tell me to call them? Why didn't they say I need to call Delta?

I think Delta shouldn't be partnering or associating with Travelocity if they won't let them fix schedule changes. Well, that's it. Maybe all is well by the time you get this. But then again, maybe not. If whoever is reading this has the authority to change an itinerary my daughter's number is **. If by chance you are an American with no accent and capable of speaking slowly you could try calling me at **. Thank you for reading all this.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Terrible customer service. We purchased the extra insurance with the expectation that we would be able to cancel in the event we could not make the trip. That is not the case and Travelocity refuses to help out in any way. They told us that there was nothing that could be done after looking into the situation for only 1 minute. Do not use Travelocity. Do not buy their insurance if you do. It is only extra money in their pocket.

Original review: May 3, 2018

If you didn't know any better I would say Travelocity is working with bad businesses to make them look better than they appear. Why? I don't know, money most likely. I recently experienced a classic bait and switch where they showed me a "4-Star" hotel only to arrive to a borderline 2 star. Of course they would drag out the repayment only to end up not paying anything. Garbage.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I am very disappointed TRAVELOCITY SWAPPING THE AIRPORT OF DESTINATION WITHOUT INFORMING ITS CUSTOMER. Then, its agent asks for MUCH MORE FEE to change the right destination, although TRAVELOCITY makes its mistake in the first place. I will never book my flights with Travelocity again. I also suggest customers watching out for Travelocity misleading its customer.

I booked an around trip from my city to Los Angeles, CA. Travelocity site displayed the airport of destination as LAX (Los Angeles Airport). However, after booking, Travelocity SWAPPED THE ARRIVAL AIRPORT to Orange County (SNA) WITHOUT INFORMING THE CUSTOMER. However, the return trip starting from LAX was correct. When confirming my trip, I overlooked the destination of departing trip with simple reasons: 1) I entered Los Angeles as my destination; 2) my return trip would start from LAX that is correct; 3) I would expect if Travelocity changes my destination, they should inform the customer the destination change.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Wish I could give 0 stars. I booked knowing my Dad was ill and I might have to change. I paid $43 for the flight insurance. One day later I called to change and they said it's not covered. Basically, nothing is covered because I booked economy. I will never use them again. I will always call the airlines direct. As far as I am concerned they should be looked into as to the legality of their "flight insurance". It is a scam.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I'm going to keep this short and sweet because by the looks of it there are many dissatisfied and disappointed **former customers of Travelocity (read below). My husband and I booked an all inclusive vacation to a reputable resort in Negril Jamaica. We bought the insurance in the event that we needed to modify our booking. Be forewarned that if you do buy the insurance through TRAVELOCITY they will not reimburse you for any changes made to your reservation due to weather or changes made to your flight(s) changed by the airline(s).

Our vacation was cut short by one full day because the airline canceled the flight due to weather and when I followed up with Travelocity to be reimbursed for the missed day, they were unable and/or unwilling to do anything to make it right. Much like everyone else here, I had to make several calls - on my vacation none the less - to go around in circles without any resolution. We paid 4k for a 7 day trip that essentially turned into 5. In addition to this our return flight was changed last minute and ended up spending 7 hours in the airport for a layover. I DO NOT RECOMMEND using this company if you want peace of mind or want to be appreciated for your business. Don't do it!!!

Original review: April 25, 2018

Booked several hotels on Travelocity.ca- the Canadian site, NOT the US site. So I get my email booking confirmations and there are two prices on each. None of them indicate USD. Essentially what they have done is quoted me one price in USD (and not said it's in USD) and the second in Canadian. But, it just looks like 2 separate prices. So why shouldn't I be paying the lesser of the two? A manager at Travelocity agreed, and emailed me a confirmation for each booking saying that all I had to do was email them the hotel receipt and they would reimburse me the difference for each room. So I return from my trip and in good faith follow their instructions. The next day I receive 4 emails telling me that, contrary to what their manager said - they can't do this via email. It has now been over 2.5 hours that I have spent on the phone trying to sort this out.

Essentially, Travelocity's refund procedure deems it necessary that you need to stay on hold while they talk to billing to have the reimbursement done. After 45 minutes I just got disconnected. The agent called me back and essentially refused to take the other three confirmation numbers and told me we would have to go through this process 4 times. I asked to speak with another manager and she then just put me on hold. I hung up after 30 minutes. Ridiculous. Worst customer service around. To expect clients to wait on the phone for HOURS while they fix multiple mistakes they have made with bookings is just INSANE. Do you people know ANYTHING about what defines acceptable customer service? It seems not.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I booked a flight for my father in law for the wrong date online through their website and within the hour tried to go back online and fix it. I go under manage booking (because that's what the website & customer service tells you to do) and the only thing it did was take me to American Airlines website where I changed the flight to the correct date. They charged my husband the $200 fee plus the new airline fee and I got a message stating that the card would be refunded the difference. Needless to say when I called I got a snotty woman from AA saying no refund and I should have called Travelocity because it was a "special situation" they can only fix. What the hell? Why do you advertise to manage booking blah blah on your website and change stuff within 24 hours if you still rip people off!! Never again!!

Original review: April 23, 2018

We reserved a hotel one month in advanced in Dominican Republic. Thought the month we received an email letting us know that the reservation was cancelled, we then called Travelocity to confirm and according to them everything was good, Travelocity re-send us the confirmation number claiming everything was ok. Once in DR we arrived at the hotel and guess what our reservation was cancelled as specified by the email sent, and they had no rooms available for us. We struggle to find a hotel. We were completely disoriented. Never again.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I’ve used Travelocity for 20 years but this past year has been horrible. First, they don’t refund the travel insurance when you have to change the dates of the tickets so why even purchase it. Second, I called to cancel tickets that were refundable and was told I would get an email stating the refund. Never received an email or the confirmation of the cancellation. I now call and was on hold for over 15 minutes to be told there is no refund for tickets that cost $2,700. The call went dead while I was speaking so I called again to be put on hold for over 15 minutes and the call went dead. I’m on hold for a third time to talk to a supervisor and the call just went dead. This company has declined greatly and for anyone’s sake, I would never use Travelocity. This has been the worst experience. Please save your time, your money, and your sanity by never using Travelocity.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I’m disgusted. Last week I made a reservation for a hotel stay last night. I cancelled 2 days after making it. I made sure it was within the time frame to prevent charges. Then this morning I get notice I was charged $187. Called the hotel who said I was a “no show”. I explained situation and they referred me to Travelocity. I called. Rep was kind and tried to help but had to pass me onto supervisor. Supervisor was kind and tried to help but had to contact corporate. On the phone the supervisor explained corporate was able to confirm my activity online and that I “tried” to cancel. They said my cancellation was “not successful”. I followed the link texted to me to cancel the reservation. It seemed quite simple and took me to a page that said “cancel this reservation” and I clicked on it.

There was never any indication that the cancellation process that I followed as instructed was “not successful”. Now I’m out $187 for a trip I cancelled. And I repeat- corporate CONFIRMED on the phone call that they could see the cancellation steps I took... but it “wasn’t successful”. I’m in social work and hardly make the extra $ to just throw around. I’m so disgusted with Travelocity. So disgusted.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I have always booked my flights through Travelocity and have never had an issue with them. That is up until now. I booked a flight for my daughter and later found out I booked her for the wrong city. Called Travelocity to try and cancel or at least change the city to find out they were going to charge me more than the ticket price to change my flight. Book a round trip ticket somewhere and of course you have to pay 200 fee for each ticket. Never again will I ever book through this site again. I have never been so mistreated by anyone. Even Priceline found ways to at least get me a partial refund. Travelocity wants to cancel your flight and rebook for you to get even more money. No thank you, think I would rather walk. I wish I could give them a negative rating!

Original review: April 5, 2018

I've booked with Travelocity on several occasions before, but been very dissatisfied, frustrated and disappointed on the last two occasions I tried to book. On each of these occasions, just as I get ready to press the last button, after entering all of the required information, the price goes up. As if someone on the other end is watching. The first time this happened I called and they claim that the airline had just updated their prices and gave me the lower rate, which I had seen when I started booking my flight. Yesterday, I was booking a hotel and air package and the same thing happened. I called and was told the exact same thing, the airline just updated their prices. This time the agent refused to honor the lower price even after I explained to her that I would take my business elsewhere. Later on I learned that I really didn't have very many options since Expedia purchased Travelocity and a bunch of other travel sites.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I’d like to share my horrible experience with Travelocity and warn people to never use this company again because it treats its customer unfairly and refuses to be responsible for its own mistakes. I booked a round-trip flight in 11/2017 to fly from Honolulu to Xi’an (China) via Shanghai on China Eastern Airlines. My departure date is 6/4/18 and return date 7/19/18. On March 11, I received an email from Travelocity notifying me that my arrival time into Honolulu on 7/19/18 has been changed. It was a minor change and I was fine with it.

However, upon closer look, I noticed that my flight from Xi’an to Shanghai on the same day has also been changed. My two children and I have been moved from the 9 am flight to 7:30 am. This much bigger change was not even highlighted in the email. To me, this was a terrible change because it means that I’d have to get my kids out of bed at 4 am to catch the flight, only to wait at Shanghai airport all day for my 5 pm connecting flight back to Honolulu. So I called China Eastern and was told that to make any changes to my itinerary, I’d have to pay $150 per ticket change fee plus fare differences, the reason being that I have already used up my one free flight change the airline allows. (What?! But I never requested the change at the first place! The airline moved me to a different flight!) They told me to call Travelocity because my tickets were issued by them.

Thus, my real nightmare began. Over the course of 2 days, I made 3 phone calls, and spent a total of 8.5 hours trying to make the people at Travelocity understand that I shouldn’t have to pay for another itinerary change because the first change was made by the airline without my consent! What I found out was that according to Travelocity system, two emails have been sent to me (which I received neither!) in Feb when China Eastern wanted to change my flight. My absence of response (because I never got those emails) was treated by its system as “customer accepted the change" and so the change was made to my itinerary. Every time I asked, "Why didn’t anyone try to call me when you didn’t get a response from me", they avoided to give me a straight answer, instead they just said “airline can do whatever they want to your itinerary without letting you know”.

But in this case China Eastern did try to inform me and did give me a chance to say no in Feb. It was Travelocity that failed to let me know. So now because one change has been made to my itinerary, even though I never asked or agreed to it, somehow it counts as my one free flight change and I must pay if I want to make any further changes. (Completely outrageous!) If anyone has to pay, it should be Travelocity because they failed to reach me and they noted in their system that I was ok with the change without me knowing it! The worst part was that with each of my 3 phone calls, I had to go through several layers of customer service people, the first two in the Philippines (rep and supervisor level) and then I’d be transferred to a manager in an U.S. office. Each transfer took anywhere between 45-60 minutes!

I spoke with a total of 10 people, each time having to explain my issue. My 2nd phone call took 4 hours, and all I was trying to do with that particular call was to get a correct email address for the manager in the U.S. that I had spoken with during my 1st phone call because she had emailed me and asked me to reply with a screenshot of the flight change notice I got from Travelocity on March 11. Every time I tried to reply to her email, it would fail so I had no choice but to go through the whole process again: rep, supervisor in the Philippines and then manager in the U.S. Total nightmare! During the process, I’ve noticed that the reps have the best customer service skills and attitude while the managers were the worst of the worst.

The managers I spoke with were: Britney **, Kristy **, Sharon ** and Mirza (did not get last name but she was the only nicer one that didn’t make me feel like I was talking to a heartless machine.) The whole time they just kept on telling me that the airline didn’t even have to let me know about a flight change. In the end of 8.5 hours, I gave up and asked where I can send my complaint to since Kristy ** said that there were no managers above her that I could escalate this matter to anymore. She told me that I can write a letter to her office but the letter will just be handled by the same managers that I’ve spoken to. I am done with Travelocity. Obviously the company doesn’t care about its customers and the managers they hire operate like machines that have no ability to sympathize with customers and have no desire to be helpful. They are not there to help anyone but to cover up their own screw ups.

Travelocity expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Travelocity is a Dallas-based travel company owned by Sabre Corporation, a travel technology company that has been in business since 1960.

• Hotels: Travelocity lists rooms from over 271,000 hotels around the world.

• Inspirational guides: Vacationers who don't know where to go can use Travelocity guides to get inspired.

• Mobile app: Travelocity's mobile app offers exclusive discounts and lets travelers access their reservations on the go.

• Vacation packages: Vacation packages can help travelers save money getting to and staying in their destination cities.

• Price guarantee: Travelocity will match better deals and give customers $50 travel coupons for future trips.

• Best for: Budget, domestic and international travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs