1.34/5

Looking for a travel site?

Travelocity

Looking for a travel site?

1456 Travelocity Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 30, 2019

The Hotel was not good at all and they charged $50 against my credit card for incidentals, even though we did not have a room phone or a minibar in our room. However, the booking experience was great and the hotel did not go through with the $50 charge (it was deleted from my charges). The rental car was paid for in the booking amount and the only extra charge was for local tolls in Dallas.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Easy to use. A lot of options of hotels and flights... Prices are way too high to travel to Panama but the website is pretty damn good.. Overall experience with this website is 8 out of 10... Try and workout better deals with the airlines.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 25, 2019

Travelocity can be very expensive if you don’t know how to work your way around. I tried to book a flight with CheapOair and they didn’t even bother to tell me that the flight I booked have increased its price. So I went to Travelocity and I manually booked connecting flights rather than booking a fixed connecting flights. You can save money this way. After booking, I received my itinerary right away from the airline and I saved a lot of money.

Original review: May 25, 2019

Travelocity gave me good flight and hotel booking service - but as with everything else, check details: for example, Travelocity gave me good bookings on a flight with American Airlines and return flight with United Airlines. However, Travelocity failed to mention that the carry on bags are free with American, but you pay with United. Probably too much to ask of a booking service - so one must be careful, no matter how good the booking service is.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Booking for airline by Travelocity involved a 10 hour layover. I called Delta and changed to a 1 hour layover. Motel accommodations were great. Cost for trip was good. Overall a good experience. Was informed of extras for trip which I scheduled myself.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

My family and I were to go from NYC to Nova Scotia for week on July. My mother got infection in foot and spine issues before travel date and had medical documents and doctor note stating she not travel. Trip was cha was charged and booked way before medical crisis. When needed cancel they did not help with credit or reimbursement. A dispute with credit card for hotel, car and flight had beade. Regards to a travel agency website this is unacceptable and small business bureau should investigate honesty of this travel company.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Made a reservation via Travelocity for flight and car rental in to Monterrey, MX. Long story short I was told the insurance I paid for the vehicle was not valid and that I had two choices. 1) pay 350 for colisión coverage (please note this is more than half of my total purchase price for flight and rental) or 2) they place a hold of 2500 USD on my cc. Called Travelocity and it became a he said she said. I got screwed by both Travelocity and Avis Car rental in Monterrey, MX. DO NOT use these vendors. They are full of **!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Travelocity screwed up my booking. I spent over one hour and a half. The end result, the not so smart agent whom did not know what she was doing, eventually gave up. I will never use Travelocity again. Wow, what a disaster. I tried to rate them zero stars, but this system does not allow it, therefore, I was forced to give them one star.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

This has been the worst experience I have EVER had with a travel agency/booking website! I personally will NEVER use Travelocity ever again!! I would rather pay hundreds of dollars more on a different site or with the airline directly to avoid the possibility of an issue with booking the ticket and having to rely on the Travelocity representatives to fix the issue.

I had two letters in my middle name that were inverted, so I needed to have it changed to match my passport. I was told repeatedly by Travelocity that its policy for fees/charges for name corrections was that it would charge whatever the airline required. In this case, a typical name correction for the airline I booked with would cost $130 per name. However, the airline had an exception for minor mistakes which stated, "[i]f you've made a small spelling mistake with your name, get in touch with us and we'll correct this free of charge, up to 3 characters per name." Because my middle name had two inverted letters, I was told directly by the airline that this exception would apply in my case. Therefore, in accordance with Travelocity's policy of following the airline's policy for this issues, I should not be charged by Travelocity for the change.

However, when I called Travelocity and eventually was transferred to the correct department, the Travelocity representative "called" the airline to check the policy, and the representative told me that it would be $130. After trying to correct this discrepancy, I called to confirm that Travelocity actually called to confirm the policy, and the airline representative told me that no Travelocity representative had actually called to confirm the policy. I interpreted this to mean that the Travelocity representative had LIED to me about checking the policy, and they just wanted to collect the fee and not actually help me. Thankfully, after calling many more times, it was later confirmed that subsequent Travelocity representatives had called in response to my many inquiries about this issue. However, the discrepancy was still not being corrected.

I finally tried to find other solutions by asking if I could do a three-way call with the airline representative and Travelocity representative. The initial Travelocity representative said that it was not allowed, but the name change Travelocity representative said that we could do this. After an hour long three-way call with the airline representative and Travelocity representative, the Travelocity representative was finally told the correct information, and I was given the name change for free.

Although the issue was finally resolved, all of this should not have been necessary. I should not have had to take over 6 hours of my own time to make these phone calls, and my own extreme hard work to get this issue resolved. Travelocity representatives should be there to advocate for and assist their customers in the best way possible. Unfortunately, my impression was that the Travelocity representative simply wanted to get the easy answer and get off the phone instead of working hard to resolve the problem. I am extremely disappointed in Travelocity's willingness to help its customers and diligence in finding the correct answer. For these reasons I will never use Travelocity again.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I've been planning this family vacation for the longest. Ok, we booked the flights. "Reserved" the vehicle through Travelocity. I went to pick up the vehicle and was told it wasn't an existing reservation under my credit card that was charged for the vehicle. I am highly disappointed because not only did they charge my account but ruined my family's day because there were no car available at the moment! NEVER AGAIN WILL I EVER BOOK A CAR THROUGH TRAVELOCITY! EVER!!!! I had to pay double the cost for a car the next day!!!!

Travelocity expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Travelocity is a Dallas-based travel company owned by Sabre Corporation, a travel technology company that has been in business since 1960.

• Hotels: Travelocity lists rooms from over 271,000 hotels around the world.

• Inspirational guides: Vacationers who don't know where to go can use Travelocity guides to get inspired.

• Mobile app: Travelocity's mobile app offers exclusive discounts and lets travelers access their reservations on the go.

• Vacation packages: Vacation packages can help travelers save money getting to and staying in their destination cities.

• Price guarantee: Travelocity will match better deals and give customers $50 travel coupons for future trips.

• Best for: Budget, domestic and international travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs