3.9/5 (766 ratings)

About Travelocity

Travelocity Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

I received your voicemail that I would not get a refund for the checked bag? Please explain to me how you can justify this decision. When I booked with you it said there was a checked bag included with each ticket. I called Finnair and confirmed. I find out the day I am leaving that I am now flying with American Airlines who tells me only one baggage ticket prints out from their computer so I have to pay for the checked bag on my other ticket for my traveling partner, which makes no sense whatsoever. Why would one ticket include a checked bag but the other at the exact same price does not? Chatted with your representative and was told, as shown in the chat I sent you that I would be refunded. THIS IS FRAUD!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

I've had a absolutely miserable time purchasing tickets with Travelocity. 1. Something went wrong when I purchased the tickets and it didn't go through on their end but took my money out of my account anyway. 2. I had to speak to three separate agents. 3. I was eventually refunded only for them to withdraw the money again for tickets I never even received causing my account to be overdrawn. 4.I had to file a transaction dispute with my bank over this, I'm just so upset with this situation.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

I had the second leg of my flight cancelled in February from a flight to Tucson from Des Moines with no warning. I found out when I went to check in 24 hours before scheduled departure. I was unable to contact an agent of the company, so ended up purchasing a one way ticket for significantly more than the original. When I did get an agent on the phone, I was issued a credit for my one way fare. As it was an Involuntary Denied Boarding situation, I would have been eligible for 4x the cost of my one way fare, but the credit was sufficient for me, so I didn’t file a complaint.

Lesson to the wise, always file a complaint at the time. Travelocity has so far refused to honor the credit any time I have tried to use it. This has been going on for 7 months, with 5 different flights I have booked. I last had an online chat experience with an agent, Nestor, who told me that they never had any record of a credit being issued. I sent the email and itinerary conversation and was then cut off. Would not recommend Travelocity’s online travel services.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I’d like to share our ‘wonderful’ experience with that giant, Travelocity. My daughter booked her flight through them to move from California to New York, to take a position as the Lead make-up artist for an off-Broadway production—truly exciting times. Then Covid hit, and the production was cancelled, and thus, her flight was as well. Fast forward 2 years; she gets another position in New York, goes to book her flight using her credit, only be told that a year had passed, and that her credit had been lost.

I understand corporate policy, but in a Covid world this is an unconscionable application. So I reached out first, to their help center, and unsurprisingly received no response, so I in turn reached out to their Executive Team directly, knowing that any corporation with a conscience would right this wrong. Sadly, not a single on of them had the courtesy, nor courage, to respond. So I would like to call out my ‘gratitude’ to this wonderful team, who has chosen profit over a pandemic, or what is ethically correct—so as a matter of public record, let me introduce you to this team:

• Carl Sparks, President and CEO
    • Mario Tota, Vice President, Sales
    • Philip Charles-Pierre, VP
    • Cathy Barsotti-Dooling, Vice President, Sales & Marketing
    • Cathy Barsotti-Dooling, Vice President, Sales & Marketing
    • Naaz **, Senior Director, Integrated Marketing Communications
    • Paul ** SVP Partner Mktg

• Mark **, VP Sales and Customer Care

Original review: July 20, 2022

On July 5, I cancelled a reservation made for an overnight rental of a car for $62. I was supposed to pick up the vehicle on July 16th and return it on the 17th. Their policy is: Cancellations made up to 24 hours before pick-up are subject to a fee of $50.00 or amount paid online, whichever is lesser. Frankly, I read that to mean if I cancel after 24 hours before picking up, then there is a $50 charge. I’m used to Booking.com which allows free cancellation up to 24 hours before pickup. Travelocity’s policy means no matter when you cancel, if it’s even the same day you make the reservation, you’re going to $50. Thus, I was charged $50 for canceling a $62 car rental reservation, 11 days before scheduled pick up.

Original review: July 17, 2022

Rebooked a canceled trip a year later to the same location and same airline. My Travelocity APP asked me if I wanted to use my credits, and said YES. Then bought my new tickets. Credits were NOT applied and I called Travelocity immediately. Spent 67 minutes on the phone and was put on hold many times while my “representative” worked to fix the issue, only to be told I needed to cancel my new tickets and start over to get my credits applied - AND told they did not have the direct flight I already had booked available. Today I spent another 40 minutes in messaging through Facebook only to be told the same thing. Horrible APP, and horrible customer service to fix a problem from a service meant to simplify. Other than trying to use the credits on another flight, I will never use Travelocity again.

Original review: July 17, 2022

We had to cancel our family trip last fall due to my husband getting Covid. Canceling was simple, trying to use our airline credit was horrible. The customer service people, I'm guessing, are foreigners and difficult to understand. I had asked to speak to someone in the US and was told that was not possible. I had looked at flights online prior to calling Travelocity, of course I couldn't book any of the flights I found on their site. According to them we had to book for the same class we previously booked, we never upgraded our tickets prior tickets. Double the price, we are booked for basic economy, imagine that! So much for pay to insuring our trip. Never, ever will I plan a trip through Travelocity again! My husband spent 2 months in the hospital due to Covid, now has a trach and feeding tube and van no longer travel due to all his health issues, still waiting to get a refund on his ticket price, fingers crossed.

Original review: July 6, 2022

I bought reservation for 2 nights and bought Hotel Booking Protection Plus for $39.93, but when I wanted to cancel few days before my trip they told me that they don't honor it and they can't cancel my reservation (the insurance I bought explicitly says for canceling or shortening your trip) or what a crooks.

Original review: June 25, 2022

We booked 2 sets of airline tickets with Travelocity to Bozeman for a 2022 Yellowstone trip. In early May I could see our reservations in our Travelocity account. Then the floods hit Yellowstone & our reservations at the park were canceled by the NPS & I needed to change or cancel our flights. When I went to look at our airline reservations in our Travelocity acct again in June they no longer showed up & if I searched for them using the Itinerary # I was taken to reservations from 2020 instead, not only were these the wrong dates, but the wrong destination.

I contacted Travelocity's so called Customer Service via their online chat and via their FB page, both times I was told that the reservations were not found (fyi they did show up on Deltas site). I was also told that because Delta had made schedule changes that that was why my reservations no longer showed up on the Travelocity site & I was told I would have to contact Delta to make changes or modifications. We had just flown in late April and AA had made schedule changes and we had no problem seeing those reservations on Travelocity, so I call **.

I did call Delta and they could make the changes but since they would be taking over a reservation previously made by a vendor then there was an extra charge for that. I gladly paid it because then I would no longer have to deal with Travelocity and I could preserve the amount of $$ I'd already invested in my tickets. I will never use Travelocity again, I will book direct with the airlines.

Original review: June 19, 2022

Washington. We booked our trip through Travelocity. I called and asked about a seat upgrade to get our bag checked in, and carry ons. I was placed on hold, and then was told, there were no other seats available, that I was out of luck. I informed the employee that I was looking at the flight and there were open seats, they were economy plus. So I called United and they moved our seats on all flights for around an additional 1200 bucks.

Now please note, during our walk to c-20 I called Travelocity. I was informed that since United made changes to our flight that they could do nothing for us. I told them that we had trip insurance. She said we got to Washington so we would only get a portion of the 115 dollars back! I said what? That’s not how trip insurance works. She gave me the number for the insurance, and I had to hang up before I went off on her. They, Travelocity left us stranded!

We were originally supposed to fly from PNS to Washington. That got cancelled and Once our plane arrived in Washington, we were informed to go to gate c-20 for information about our flight. We were rerouted to Houston, and then to Washington. The crew was late by 1 hour and 30 minutes. Which ate into 3 hour layover. Then we got rerouted to Ohio because the plane was low on fuel. which made us even later. The connecting flight was delayed up until 10 minutes before our arrival. One of the other ladies on the plane was going to Barcelona also. Her daughter was already aboard the connecting flight. She informed us that the plane had just left the gate as we were pulling into the gate.

Once out of the plane we were informed to go to gate c-20 for information about our flight and to get put on another flight. As we approached c-20 there was a line of hundreds of people. We finally got to the front of the line at 130 in the morning. After a lot of searching the lady found an opening on another airline. Turkish air. We asked about getting a hotel for the night. We were informed all the hotels in the area were totally booked! No shops were open for food! And of course my medications were in my checked bags. I had on day's worth on my person. Which I already used half. I am diabetic and have a heart condition. No one cared. It was an oh well type of attitude.

After another few hours we were able to get our luggage from downstairs. Then we went to Turkish air to see about the flight. They did not open until 1600 hours. Ironically an hour later a Turkish air employee was pushing luggage down the hall. We stopped him and asked about the flight. He informed us that they had no openings whatsoever until Tuesday. That United was wrong. We then went to guest services for United and spoke with a guy. He came on at 7 am. We’re talked with him for about 4 hours. We told them to just get us back to Pensacola. There were no flights for days.

The manager came over and found another flight and verified it. The girl in the Birka started to look at it and changed it again. That’s when They, eventually found us a flight via Brussels air. We were told at 1400 that the flight was cancelled. We were told to go to Lufthansa and they would get us on another flight. Nope. Totally booked. Oh, the line was extremely long. The lady said that we were not even in their system. That when they pulled up our booking number. There were numerous changes to our booking. Pages.

We were not getting out. We went back to United, of course there was numerous people again. We informed the lady doing line control what was going on, she let us in the back of the line. How gracious. We finally just gave up and got a rental car. We have lost thousands on this trip. Hotels, cruises, excursions, faith! To date Travelocity states that once the airline took control of the ticket, they were no longer responsible.

Travelocity author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Travelocity is a Dallas-based travel company owned by Sabre Corporation, a travel technology company that has been in business since 1960.

• Hotels: Travelocity lists rooms from over 271,000 hotels around the world.

• Inspirational guides: Vacationers who don't know where to go can use Travelocity guides to get inspired.

• Mobile app: Travelocity's mobile app offers exclusive discounts and lets travelers access their reservations on the go.

• Vacation packages: Vacation packages can help travelers save money getting to and staying in their destination cities.

• Price guarantee: Travelocity will match better deals and give customers $50 travel coupons for future trips.

Travelocity Company Information