2.7/5 (356 ratings)

About Travelocity

Travelocity Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

Original review: May 17, 2022

Car company did not exist. Could not get in touch with them. Travelocity could not get in touch with them. No one at the Orlando airport ever heard of them. I want my money back. No support from them.

Original review: May 16, 2022

Booked a vacation package through the app. While choosing flights there was an option that we chose stating Economy and underneath it it stated 1st class for the first leg and economy on the last leg of the flight. We chose that option but it turned out it was not first class. Contacted Travelocity but they have since ignored me after a few emails. I will not use them again.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 13, 2022

Do NOT buy reservations or plane tickets through Travelocity as you will not get a refund if you can't make the trip. The best you can get is a credit for Travelocity for the same airline with a 12 month expiration date From the Date you purchased the ticket ..not cancelled! This is only if you purchased the a refundable ticket. This is the same if you buy their insurance so that doesn't help either. There have been so many complaints that there is a dedicated website for complaints about Travelocity on FB. I myself spent hours on the phone and sending documents to insurance and got nowhere. I ended up losing money and buying tickets again through the airlines as I had to cancel Travelocity due to COVID19.

Original review: May 6, 2022

We purchased a tour to Harry Potter Studio Tour London for our family. The tour was a scam - no one showed up with our tickets. Warner Bros. confirmed there was no ticket sale to a 3rd party vendor at that time. Travelocity refused to refund, and is complicit in the fraud. There are so many fraudulent Travelocity sales posted on these review websites! PLEASE FILE COMPLAINTS WITH THE GOVERNMENT: FTC/Consumer Protection Agency. The FTC website also has advice on how to file a dispute with your credit card company in writing to protect your rights and hopefully get your money back. It also suggests filing a complaint with your state attorney general. Travelocity needs to be INVESTIGATED. PLEASE FILE COMPLAINTS with the US GOVERNMENT. Do not just let it go.

Original review: May 2, 2022

Travelocity is the worst service I have ever used. They misprinted my name on a international flight and refused to correct it. After weeks of emails and 3 hour phone calls with them and both airlines, they were still unable to correct the issue. Then they refused to refund over $2000 in costs. AVOID THIS COMPANY.

Original review: April 28, 2022

10:00 bought a ticket San Diego to Oregon but a family issue Emergency funeral 45 min after. I call to change dates and is not any possibility or refund they said...I don’t want refund. Just change dates.

Original review: April 19, 2022

Booked a trip through Travelocity to DC and the hotel I booked turned to be small and their resort was closed even though we paid for the resort fee, after contacting Travelocity, their customer service was rude and blew me off for asking for a refund for a resort fee paid for no resort because the search engine showed it's open and operable.

Original review: April 18, 2022

I was in another country renting a mid-size SUV. Travelocity had decent rates and we were able to find their reference vehicle locally which was ample space for our trip. Any similar vehicles would have been sufficient and the larger size SUV was more space than we desired. Got to the rental lot to pick up the SUV and were told we rented the wrong vehicle. They showed us a hatchback and required almost triple our rental rate to take a Rav4 which is by definition a compact crossover SUV.

Contacted Travelocity several times to resolve the matter and they required that we work it out directly with the rental agency on the other side of the globe that wouldn't do anything because Travelocity made the booking. I've been such a strong opponent to this company that I have convinced corporate teams to stop booking all of their travel needs through Travelocity and Expedia/Hotels.com hoping they avoid the mistake of using such an unreputable booking group.

Original review: April 8, 2022

Here's my disappointing story of the week. I made the regrettable mistake of booking a hotel and car through Travelocity. If you've never booked through them, please maintain that pattern. This company is absolute trash. In middle December I booked a hotel and car for a late February trip. Due to circumstances I decided to cancel the hotel part of the booking. The cancellation occurred in enough time to avoid possible penalties from the booking agencies and or the hotel. I then reached out to Travelocity to confirm my refund. They then assured me that I would receive it within 3-5 business days following an email. I allowed well over seven days before reaching out again.

After waiting on hold for an hour I was finally able to speak with one of their customer service reps. I was once again given the exact same script that the first rep gave regarding 3-5 business days. As you can imagine I was starting to get annoyed with these folks. This back and forth with Travelocity went on for weeks via phone and their social media sites. I eventually came to the conclusions that this is just part of their daily business practices. They withhold legitimate refunds with hopes that the consumers will become so frustrated that they'll abandon their rightful funds.

Yesterday I spoke with one of their reps regarding the same issue. She told me that she'll need to put me on hold so she can contact the hotel to confirm my cancellation. After waiting 20 minutes the travelocity rep stated that she spoke to the hotel staff and it was resolved. Of course I knew she was lying regarding her efforts. What she was unaware of was my unwavering determination to confront this woman with her own dishonesty.

When the Rep returned to the line I had the front desk personnel from the hotel on the call too. This is the person that she supposedly just called on my behalf. During that exchange the hotel clerk bluntly told the Travelocity rep that she was lying. She explained that she is the only one working the front desk and at no point in time did they ever speak. After getting busted and stuttering over her words, she began to claim she can't be on a conference call. I bet she couldn't, these ** are running scams of epic proportions.

Original review: April 6, 2022

I booked flights via Travel-Atrocity. My last name got truncated and needed to be updated. It took almost 4 hours to get the tickets updated. The customer reps were professional and polite. The wait times were absolutely ridiculous. 2 hours on hold, followed by another 2 hours on and off hold. How are these interminable hold times tolerated by the company? I will never use them again, even though the issue was resolved.

Travelocity author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Travelocity is a Dallas-based travel company owned by Sabre Corporation, a travel technology company that has been in business since 1960.

• Hotels: Travelocity lists rooms from over 271,000 hotels around the world.

• Inspirational guides: Vacationers who don't know where to go can use Travelocity guides to get inspired.

• Mobile app: Travelocity's mobile app offers exclusive discounts and lets travelers access their reservations on the go.

• Vacation packages: Vacation packages can help travelers save money getting to and staying in their destination cities.

• Price guarantee: Travelocity will match better deals and give customers $50 travel coupons for future trips.

Travelocity Company Information