Travelocity

Compare Travel Sites

Research top Travel Sites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I booked a hotel, the hotel apparently canceled. Travelocity didn't notify me. I asked them several times why I wasn't notified with no answer. I had called the hotel for a late check in which they said they didn't have a reservation. This was of course after speaking with several people. They told me to call Travelocity. In the end, I spoke to 4 people over the course of 3 hours! The second agent said that they didn't have a different hotel so they would give me a $25 coupon for my next trip.

"We are 1/2 way to our destination mind you... you have got to be kidding me." Then she offered $50. Still no. Then I asked for her manager who then transfers me to another department. They tell me that they have found an alternate solution and they need my credit card for the original transaction. Then after some time they come back and say that is no longer available and we will be 10 miles from the beach... umm no. We were suppose to be on the beach to begin with. After 3 hours on the phone we ended up in a mediocre hotel on the beach. I will NEVER use Travelocity again. I have never had issues booking online.

Travelocity needs to go away. Just had a terrible experience with Travelocity. We're in Ireland for a family wedding. My son arrived, and promptly was hospitalized with acute renal failure. He's in the hospital ICU and his Doctor feels he should stay a few extra days to recover enough to make the trip back home. Travelocity was absolutely no help, assistance, or even understanding. We only wanted to delay his return for 2 days. We were willing to pay the change fees, etc. The airlines told us we needed Travelocity to request a medical delay and they would honor it.

Travelocity would not do it. Hanging up on our son's wife 3 times, and commenting, "If he's well enough to be released from the hospital, he's well enough to fly." I couldn't believe it. Instead Travelocity proposed he buy 2 new one way tickets that cost much more than the R/T tickets he originally purchased. I urge all of you to NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN. Seems the Company is too scabby to do the right thing.

I live in Columbus, OH and my sister lived in Daytona Beach, FL. I purchased a ticket from Travelocity to see her. She had to flee Florida because her husband threatened her and there was no one in Florida for her to stay with during this time. She came back to Ohio. When I found this out, I called Travelocity. They asked me why I couldn't use my ticket. I told them the truth. They then told me it was a non-refundable ticket and that I couldn't get my money back NOR could I get a credit for the flight. The flight was on Delta Airlines so I decided to try them before giving up.

I went to the ticket counter and the ticket agent told me that because I purchased the ticket with Travelocity they couldn't help me. If I had purchased it thru Delta, I would have been able to get a voucher for at least some of the money. Delta told me that if I had to cancel my flight because someone was ill I might have been able to get some of my money back. So, I guess I should have lied. I will never purchase anything from Travelocity again. If I purchase airfare, I will purchase it directly from the airline.

I will NEVER use Travelocity again or SPIRIT Airlines for that matter. ONLY after booking my package was I informed of the additional "OVER THE TOP" baggage fees along with fees to make a seat selection. The additional fees were nowhere mentioned until I booked the non-refundable travel. The additional fees amounted to 12% of my total package. Of course you can take your chances and pay the additional seat assignment charges. This was not an option for me as I was traveling with children and did not want to risk being separated on the airplane. I wish I would have read the reviews prior to booking by travel. Lessons learned.

There is fraud on my account! Happened 2 weeks ago while I was on vacation. Disputed via email. Now, weeks later I get an email to just follow up with customer service which is in India!!! ZERO HELP and sitting on hold FOREVER! What kind of garbage is this!? Tried Facebook customer service and got a LIZA who gives scripted answers and doesn't respond! The WORST!!! Stay away from these incompetent frauds!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

The only reason I even used Travelocity is cause my flight to and from search pulled them up. Apparently they pay the search engine to come up first. So they have the chance to rip off unsuspecting travelers!! So unknowingly. I paid for the TOTAL PROTECTION PLAN. $34.00 EACH WAY. In case of sick or whatever. I did get sick and needed to reschedule. They wouldn't just cancel one flight AND reschedule. $200.00 cancellation fee. Then you have to file paperwork to satisfy the claim and wait for some ** to approve it in hopes of getting your money back. Some day. And even then would not schedule me a new flight. Wanted me to go back to ** and get frauded again.

They kept me on hold for over an hour. To deny deny deny. Then I got smart, and went online direct to Delta, and opened an account. Told them what these ** did, they kindly, happily immediately! changed the flight. No problems. No fees. All while waiting to talk to the terd thieving **. Manager that never answered in 1hr 39 min when I hung up the hold I was on.

I am filing a complaint against Travelocity for a flight that I purchased via their site. Because of medical reasons I was going to need to get surgery and change my flights to a week earlier. I booked through JetBlue as well as Delta where they told me that on top of any rebooking fees I would be subject to the $150 JetBlue and $200 Delta fee, okay. I spent approx. an hr with the agent going over the cheapest flight options as well. I told her to rebook my flights for the week earlier and to email me them as well as the medical cancelation policies. I realized all I had I my email was a one way flight and then otherwise just cancelation.

When I called Travelocity they told me that all I had was a one way flight which was the one I canceled, not even the same flight that I received an email for that I was booked on. I was also charged on my credit card for both the new flights but was never actually rebooked for them. I have also tried multiple times to speak to a supervisor without help.

Reserved hotel June 4th... Check in was July 5th. One night was missing and rates went up after booking. Reserved the room at $121 per night... Upon check in the dates went to 133.99 for the first night with a $2 service charge and the second night jumped to 150.99 with a $2 service charge. Called Travelocity and was on the phone with them for 57 minutes... Ending with canceling the reservation through Travelocity and booking directly with the hotel at $118 per night. I will never book with Travelocity again!

I booked an international flight with Travelocity. If you read their cancellation policy it appears that cancellation or change is possible. I had a family emergency and they will not allow a cancellation or travel credit. This is so unacceptable and would never occur if I had booked directly with the airline. I have used Travelocity for years. They have just lost a very good customer. I will never book with them again. If you are flying international... PLEASE BOOK DIRECTLY with the airline!!! Learn from my very expensive mistake.

Make sure you know EXACTLY what you want. I booked some flights that turned out to be the wrong times so I had to re-book them. First of all, their instructions for changing or cancelling flights are crap. They're the same as Expedia's except their web layout is different and doesn't offer a Manage Bookings button which it tells you to click on. Basically you have to go to the airline's actual website and go through their cancellation policies which ends up costing you an extra $200 per flight to change! Also, you don't get a cash refund, you only get flight change credit... so you can only re-book your flight with the airline you cancel under.

This is a COMPLETELY different experience from Expedia who cancels your flights in the click of a button, easily, with easy directions, and gives you full cash credit within 53 hours of booking. Therefore, you can re-book whatever you want with the same amount of cash you had in your pocket; you don't have to go to the airline's websites and deal with their policies, Expedia does it all for you. Screw Travelocity.

I tried to check in June 8, 2017 which was the night before my flight to Phoenix, but was unable to do so because I was not given the code required by American Airlines to check my flight. I checked the Travelocity site and the information I had printed was the same. I was to fly out of DFW on American Airlines flight 2447 at 1:50 PM. I arrived at the airport express parking about 12:30 PM and went to the terminal to check in and discovered my intended flight to Phoenix was leaving at 1:05 PM. My daughter checked online and discovered that the flight number I was given was leaving Miami, FL at 1:50. I was offered a chance to fly standby, but wanted to be sure to get to Phoenix and opted for the 6 PM flight. Unfortunately, American did not have a plane or flight crew until later.

I did not pay for my vacation flight to not be able to fly to Phoenix. While I was with the American Airlines person, I asked about my return flight from Las Vegas to Dallas. That was wrong also. There was no flight 2287 leaving Las Vegas at 5:45 PM. She gave me a different flight and earlier time. I have never had problems with Travelocity before this. I had even purchased travel protection for this trip. At this time, I doubt that I will book with Travelocity again.

Their "Flight Cancellation Plan" is not what you think it is and is a pain in the ass to go through. Their "protection" only covers a very specific set events specifically death, injury, or sickness occurring prior to the trip that required a physician's treatment. It's not prorated based on booking and for the cost of it, you would think it would cover a lot more things besides a few rare occurrences of someone you know dying or fluke chance of injury/sickness prior to your flight. It's also not an automated process and they don't make it easy to file your claim. It will require physician's receipt, death certificate, police report, or what proof is applicable to your reason. For most people this cancellation protection plan won't help them and chances are it will just stack on top of whatever cancellation fees the airline has. It's a very deceptive practice and not accurately represented at all by their customer service team.

I had a terrible experience with Travelocity. I thought I had a great deal also purchasing their insurance, that is a rip off! Went to my destination and at check in was informed my bathroom had handicap access (I'm not handicapped), room looked somewhat worn. I flew back into another airport from which I left, my itinerary only stated the city of the airport so you would assume you would be flying back to the one that you left. I was originally placed on hold for an hour and a half on and off trying to change my flight which never happened!!! Buyer beware. DO NOT BOOK THROUGH THIS WEBSITE!!!

I took a great deal of time trying to book flights for my family. I chose seats and went to book. I called my bank to make sure there was plenty of funds available for this booking. Almost 2 hours later, Michael (who works for Travelocity) was clueless and could not understand why the booking was not going through. He wanted me to start all over! I was not about to stay on the phone for another hour so that he can redo everything that I just did myself! I made sure that they were not holding funds for my trip via my bank and will now book directly through an airline. What a **!

I used Travelocity to book an airline reservation and also to rent a car. When I checked my American Express bill I noticed they had double charged my Credit card $330 for the car rental. It is extremely difficult to get a live person on the phone at Travelocity. They do not have their phone number on their web site. I checked many other places for their number and when I called, I received a recording that said this is no longer a working number.

After one hour I was able to get a woman on the phone who barely spoke English. I had to ask her to repeat herself many times. She was in one word NASTY! The only answer she could give me was something she was reading off of a sheet. She kept saying that on the next statement from American Express I should receive my credit of $330. I went online and say 100s and 100s of complaints from consumers that they are guilty of the same thing. Double charging and then holding on to the $ for as long as possible. I will never, ever use Travelocity again. There is no savings and they are impossible to deal with and have nasty men & woman handling their complaints who can barely speak English.

I planned my vacations since last December, I got several activities. Everything was going perfect until we got to Cancun. #1 Hotel Kin Mayab - we got rooms 2nd floor. No elevators. Well we put up with it, no other option. The swimming pool was closed for restoration so we were disappointed. Besides that hotel is okay for your $$$. #2 The tour to Chichen Itza was a nightmare. The driver had no clue he was driving in circles by the hotel zone. The van was in bad shape. REALLY BAD AC. We were picked up @11:30 am. We got to where the Cenote @Restaurant at 4 pm. The guy said that Cenote was not included which it was, anyway we went to the Cenote (4 persons). When we got to parking lot he was gone. He came back saying that we were not going to be able to go to the guided walking tour. We did, we stayed for the light and sound that finished around 9:30 pm, by 9:40 we were in the way back.

We got to our hotel after 2:00 AM dead tired and top it off the driver named Alfredo took us to a store before reaching our destination. He missed the exit and he just went back in REVERSE. That was very scary and "STUPID." He said we had 20 minutes. It was really hot. We all got back into the van waiting for him. For us it was unnecessary stop. Wasted time from our trip. The guy didn't speak any English, lucky for him and others I helped him to communicate. #3 - The following day which was June 8 we went to Jolly Roger Pirate Show and they said that our reservation was canceled. We could not do anything because they told us the ship was rented to a group and we cannot go that we could reschedule but that was our last night from the trip. So once again nothing you can do there. SO ALL I WANT IS MY MONEY TO BE REFUNDED.

Booked a room through Travelocity. Drove 12 hrs. Motel said there was a computer problem and there were no rooms available! These travel sites are all **. Do the work and call around where you want to stay, they'll give you the same rate as these travel sites and you will have a room when you get there. Just another sad example of people trying to make money without working or accountability. Just do it the old fashioned way. Do it yourself!

Prior to online purchasing a flight from Denver to Vancouver, I read next to the "Purchase" button that I would be able to cancel for free and receive a full refund if I cancelled within 24 hours of my purchase. Upon reading that statement, I went ahead and purchased the ticket feeling secure I could cancel my tickets and receive a full refund. Three minutes after clicking "purchase" I wanted to cancel, so I submitted my phone number to their online customer service center so that they would call me when a representative was available. They promptly called me. The representative on the phone argued that the particular fare I purchased was non-refundable. He put me on hold two times to check with his superiors, but was unable to issue a refund. He put me in touch with someone else so that I could be sure. She also stated they could not issue me a refund. Travelocity falsely advertised a "free cancellation" on my airfare.

I was trying to book air and hotel for a trip to London. The price almost doubled when it came time to pay. I understand pricing changes. So I tried it 30 min later and it did the same thing. I also tried it the next day and it did the same thing. How can pricing always changed in the few min it takes to book a flight and hotel and always almost double. I think it is just dishonest.

My husband decided to book his own hotel (I usually do it). He went online somehow ended up calling Travelocity and asking to use his IHG disc. They told him no problem it would be applied at check-in when he showed his card. I knew this to be false. To receive your "rewards" and disc you have to book through IHG. I called IHG to verify they said yes I was right.

So I called Travelocity at 4 pm the day of the reservation (you have till 6 pm to cancel w/o a charge). Travelocity tells me there's a fee. I say no there isn't I have the paperwork here that says I have till 6 pm. Sebastian ** from Travelocity argues with me for 20 mins that it's after 6 pm... He is in India! It's 4 pm here!! He finally says he will ask his manager after I start taking his name and making threats and phone calls to the hotel from another phone to report what's happening. While I have him on my phone. He leaves me on hold for 20 mins then comes back and says he can cancel my reservation after we review the details... WHAT! The details are canceled! Extremely aggravating and the most dishonest company I've ever dealt with! STAY AWAY from TRAVELOCITY unless you just like being robbed and lied to.

They did not provide a service but took my money and never attempted customer service. Very unsatisfied. Wish I would have read the ConsumerAffairs before I attempted to use them. All the reviews with 1 star was everything that happen to me. They cancelled my service but did not cancel my payment. I spent 3 times the amount by booking through Travelocity. False advertisement of service. No attempt to help resolve my conflict so that means that I was just out of thousand and thousand of dollars after dealing with them. STOP. Don't think you have a great deal. It's a great STEAL. It's a real and true review worst deal ever. Pay a little more go directly to company instead of this 3rd party. Talk about vacation gone bad use TRAVELOCITY.

Horrible. This was advertised as a "cancellation free" hotel. I cancelled many days in advance. Never got a refund. Asked 5 times. No deal. I contacted their website through their contact form, and they said, "Sorry, that form does not handle cancellations." Total rip off. Beware of "cancellation free" hotel Vittoria!!! Travelocity blamed in on them. They blamed it on Travelocity. 5 attempts. Nothing. Rip off. Don't use Travelocity!!! Don't go to Hotel Vittoria in Pompeii. I was never there. It just cost me $70 for my 'cancellation free' reservation.

I canceled a flight in June 2016 and was sent an email by Travelocity giving clear instructions. "Per your request, your flight is canceled. You have a credit of $2,652.80 USD with Cathay Pacific. A $200.00 USD penalty will be applied at the time of credit redemption. Your airline credit expires 6/6/2017. To redeem your credit, you must book your travel by calling Travelocity by 6/6/2017. Use of this credit must abide by the fare rules of the original booking."

I spent 6 hours and 30 minutes with a variety of friendly and apologetic employees who offered a variety of explanations and possibilities that all came to nothing. I talked to two supervisors who both had very different perspectives on what should be happening. With one I spent 20 minutes giving detailed flight information about bookings he was supposedly making for me. The phone suddenly disconnected and despite having my phone number, I was given no courtesy call-back.

Eventually I asked to speak to a manager and a Mr. Renee ** in the Corporate Sector based in Las Vegas Nevada proceeded to tell me that I was dealing with the wrong company. I told him I had received an email from Travelocity the year before outlining what I had to do to reclaim the credit. He said that he could see all emails sent to my email address and that there was no such email. I sent a copy of it to their customer support address but they claimed they did not receive it. He stated (After I had spent 6 and a half hours with the employees) that there must be another company involved and to go to them for resolution.

I have been in business dealing with clients for over 40 years and I would have been ashamed to have dealt with this problem in such a cavalier dismissive way. Travelocity has issues with data retrieval, employee (Especially administrative) training and corporate integrity. I highly recommend that you seek an alternate company that hopefully will stand by its written word, not unsubtly imply client dishonesty, and one that will seek to enhance your travel experience. I am 65 years old and lived and worked in many countries. I have never been so taken aback by such incompetence and ill-will from a manager of a retail company. Take your money somewhere else. I certainly will. Traveler Details

This agency cancelled my father's flight without reasonable reason and they sent the cancellation a day before the flight where in fact it has been cancelled within 24 hrs after the booking and now they don't want to refund the said amount!!! It's not a small amount though!

I used Travelocity thinking it would save me money. I booked a local car rental and when going through the booking it asked if I wanted the car insurance - $10 a day. I added it to my rental request which looked like the third party Payless Rental and when I got to the car rental location the clerk asked if I wanted insurance. I told them that I already had added it to my rental request and as I was walking out realized that the insurance was $17 not $10- I paid it and have the car for one day instead of the original 5 as my mechanic was able to get parts and fix my car in one day. I returned the car and was refunded for the 4 days that I did not use the car.

Called Travelocity to get my money back as they charged me for the 5 days ahead of time. When speaking to customer service for refund they said that it was not refundable as insurance can not be refunded. It is not a refund on insurance - it was a service that was not used and I was not asking because I paid again at the car rental location - I just wanted the 4 days refund that I did not use.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and when I was explaining that I just wanted the refund for the 4 days that I did not use the car - she told me that the reason I paid twice was that the insurance they offer just covers the car and the rental company may not accept the insurance that Travelocity offers. I explained that after reading everything on ConsumerAffairs website and the fact that the booking system is misleading, and many have not received refunds, in addition to her telling me that "the insurance we offer may not be acceptable to the car rental company" sounds like a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.

I booked a hotel with Travelocity about a month in advance and also purchased the reservation insurance just in case we couldn't make the reservation. I ended up having a fairly serious health issue come up that was going to keep me from being there. I called customer support trying to cancel the reservation multiple time but none of the representatives I talked to seemed to care one bit even though I had purchased the insurance for this reason. When we booked the reservation they withdrew the full amount up front and when we were unable to cancel our money was not refunded and we were ripped off big time! The insurance is pretty worthless!

It's become clear that Travelocity/Expedia has no intention of honoring the trip insurance I purchased for a trip that was cut short due to a medical emergency. They have repeatedly promised to get back to us and haven't, confirmed a refund for a shuttle van that never comes, and keep asking for the same medical documents that have been sent multiple times. The runaround from Travelocity has been going on for months and it's clear they have no intention of doing anything to credit or refund any part of the trip. Don't ever use Travelocity - it's clear if you ever have a problem they are simply not going to be there to assist.

I booked a guaranteed reservation. I paid, by credit card, for the three days. My understanding of a fully paid reservation is that I have reserved and bought that room for the entire period that I paid for. When my son did not arrive on the first night, the hotel gave away the room. They took three nights payment, but re-booked the room? What value is a guaranteed reservation and why would one pay in advance if it has no meaning or value? Travelocity wants to credit back two night and keep one night? Why? They resold my room. I should not have to pay for any nights, as, when my kids arrived, they had nowhere to stay. DO NOT USE TRAVELOCITY OR THE LA QUINTA HOTEL CHAIN.

So I had booked a flight/car reservation on the wrong credit card, I called customer service to see if they would fix this issue (thinking there was no way because I was already charged). I spoke to a very nice women, her name was Angel. She was such a great help in helping me cancel my reservation and re-booking the identical reservation onto the card I wanted to use. She was very patient, because my Amex was not going through due to them thinking it was a fraudulent purchase, she even stayed on the line while I spoke to Amex. She was such a great help, I hope they treat Angel well because she is absolutely amazing at her job. I would recommend Travelocity to friends/family due to how easy this entire process was even with a mishap. Awesome company and awesome customer service rep!

It has been almost a year since my first post. It was a vacation package to Maui. The hotel in the package refunded my money and we rebooked with them with pleasure. Hawaiian Airlines opted to keep our money and through Travelocity we will never use them again even though they were our go to airline when traveling to Hawaii. They can thank Travelocity for loss of business. No response from Travelocity in almost a year. No surprise. Sounds exactly like their customer service. Too bad they took Hawaiian Airlines down with them. Still out a couple of grand. Do not use Travelocity.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Travelocity is a Dallas-based travel company owned by Sabre Corporation, a travel technology company that has been in business since 1960.

• Hotels: Travelocity lists rooms from over 271,000 hotels around the world.
  • Inspirational guides: Vacationers who don't know where to go can use Travelocity guides to get inspired.
  • Mobile app: Travelocity's mobile app offers exclusive discounts and lets travelers access their reservations on the go.
  • Vacation packages: Vacation packages can help travelers save money getting to and staying in their destination cities.
  • Price guarantee: Travelocity will match better deals and give customers $50 travel coupons for future trips.
  • Best for Budget, domestic and international travelers.

Compare Travel Sites