1.42/5

Looking for a travel site?

Travelocity

Looking for a travel site?

1429 Travelocity Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 30, 2019

The Hotel was not good at all and they charged $50 against my credit card for incidentals, even though we did not have a room phone or a minibar in our room. However, the booking experience was great and the hotel did not go through with the $50 charge (it was deleted from my charges). The rental car was paid for in the booking amount and the only extra charge was for local tolls in Dallas.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Easy to use. A lot of options of hotels and flights... Prices are way too high to travel to Panama but the website is pretty damn good.. Overall experience with this website is 8 out of 10... Try and workout better deals with the airlines.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 25, 2019

Travelocity can be very expensive if you don’t know how to work your way around. I tried to book a flight with CheapOair and they didn’t even bother to tell me that the flight I booked have increased its price. So I went to Travelocity and I manually booked connecting flights rather than booking a fixed connecting flights. You can save money this way. After booking, I received my itinerary right away from the airline and I saved a lot of money.

Original review: May 25, 2019

Travelocity gave me good flight and hotel booking service - but as with everything else, check details: for example, Travelocity gave me good bookings on a flight with American Airlines and return flight with United Airlines. However, Travelocity failed to mention that the carry on bags are free with American, but you pay with United. Probably too much to ask of a booking service - so one must be careful, no matter how good the booking service is.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Booking for airline by Travelocity involved a 10 hour layover. I called Delta and changed to a 1 hour layover. Motel accommodations were great. Cost for trip was good. Overall a good experience. Was informed of extras for trip which I scheduled myself.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

Original review: June 14, 2019

In May 18, 2019, I booked one room in a hotel in Chicago to assist to Camilo Sesto Concert in Rosemont Theatre on June 20, 2019. Last week I was advised about the change in the date of concert. New date is October 23, 2019, so I don't have reason to travel. When I booked hotel, I made the payment including insurance coverage. Today I have contacted Travelocity to obtain the refund... but I found through the page is not possible to make the cancellation. I called them and all their agents were attending other clients, then the wait time would be about 1.5 hours.

I registered my number and they called me back 2 hours and 45 minutes after. The agent informed me that she will contact the hotel to "negotiate" with them the best option for me. After some minutes, she came back to tell me that "unfortunately" the hotel won't refund the cost of reservation and then I should claim to the Insurance Company.... I contacted the Insurance Company and filed the claim. Now I need to wait between 15 and 20 business days to know if my claim was accepted, but I don't know when I will receive my money.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I have always used Travelocity to book my bosses' trips. In our business, schedules and conferences change without notice. This exact example happened. I contacted Travelocity to see if I could get her a later flight through DELTA. I was told yes, but I would have to purchase a new ticket and could not get the money back from the original ticket. This is unreal to me. The difference in the flights were 9 hours total. I'm certain neither flight is SOLD OUT. I just feel this is taking advantage of the consumer. I will NEVER purchase another ticket, hotel or car from TRAVELOCITY and will ABSOLUTELY NEVER fly DELTA again.

Original review: June 12, 2019

In March, I bought two tickets for AA+China Southern 1-stop flight from US to China. In May, the itineraries were changed three times, each time rendering the flight useless to us. After spending scores of hours with Travelocity and for fear of future itinerary change again and again, I cancelled the tickets. Now three weeks later, 1 of the two tickets is still not cancelled. And I am still on the phone with Travelocity agents. The whole experience is very frustrating.

The 3 itinerary changes. First time, Travelocity cancelled my ticket due to their internal bug. Of course my young daughter cannot travel alone, so I asked to reinstate my ticket. Second time, AA no longer operates the particular domestic leg, so they cancelled the domestic leg. I called to change the connection airport. Third time, China Southern cancelled my daughter's ticket for the leg between the US connection city and China. Travelocity said it was because her ticket's class of service is lower (really? they can just kick customers out months after they paid?)

I would say Travelocity customer service is friendly but quite inefficient. Each change costs me multiple calls and endless holds and often escalations to get resolved. Ticket cancellation, for example, has cost me 5 calls and 3 weeks and is still unresolved. In the beginning of each call, I'll need to spend about 15 minutes just explaining the things and waiting for the agent to read the documentation/notes.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I am not one to write reviews on anything however I am so appalled at the horrible customer service of Travelocity and the lack of accountability they take for mistakes they make. I had a bad experience with them a month ago canceling a flight without proper notification. In an attempt to give them the benefit of the doubt I used their service again to book a hotel for a weekend Getaway with my sisters and the booking didn't go through but they immediately deducted the money from my account. They take no responsibility for their mistakes, they have horrible customer service and their response is that I have to wait 2 to 5 days for my bank to refund $532 that they took IMMEDIATELY without booking my hotel. I will never uses their service again, I do not recommend them and I wish there was an option to give them negative stars. They absolutely SUCK!

Original review: June 6, 2019

The worst booking experience! We are traveling with a toddler for our first family vacation. There was no nonstop flights available at the time of booking. 2 weeks away from our vacation a nonstop option from the same airline, Delta becomes available. I politely called to see if an accommodation can be made and we can be placed on the direct flight. Travelocity proceed to say that they will need a $200 fee per person in order to make the changes which are required by Delta. I proceeded to call Delta and the representative said that a fee can be waived but has to be handled by Travelocity. 9 calls later dealing with hung up calls and kept being transferred up the chain to a higher supervisor with no resolution.

A three way call was held with myself, Travelocity rep and Delta rep yelling at each other that it's who Delta needs to waive the fee. The Delta rep stating that the booking was handled by Travelocity and therefore they need to waive the penalty fee and not Delta. Travelocity telling Delta that they are responsible to waive the fee. Delta proceeds to say that if booked through them this accommodation would be handled on case by case and a fee would be waived. In conclusion Travelocity failed me as a customer today. They transferred me to corporate to yet call Delta on their own and refuse to accommodate my travel. As a customer I spent the whole day being passed around to call Delta, then to call Travelocity then to call Travelocity and yet everyone has failed me in customer service.

I refuse to ever book another travel through Travelocity/Expedia as their way of treating me was unacceptable. Delta has failed me as well because talking to me on the phone they were willing to make the changes without penalties but according to Travelocity went back on their word. Traveling with a toddler isn't easy and isn't cheap. They wanted to charge me a $600 penalty fee to change it from a 1 stop to a nonstop. $600 for us is a lot of money and both of these companies have failed us.

Original review: June 3, 2019

All I was asking for was a price breakdown of my taxes and fees for a previous flight I had booked through Travelocity because on the receipt it just says Taxes&fees and then gives you a total but does not break it down. So I called the support line and after being on hold for over 20 minutes explained what I was looking for and was told it would be emailed to me within 24 hours.. Well I got the email and it was the exact original receipt with no breakdown so I attempted to call the support line again but this time I was unable to get a representative on the line. So I took to their Facebook messenger support and was chatting with a representative right away and again explained exactly what I was looking for, gave them all my itinerary information, confirmation number etc. Just for them to come back with the exact same email the original representative sent me which was just the original receipt.

So for a third time I have to go through all this again with no luck and LITERALLY 5 representatives later I demanded to speak to a supervisor and was informed that I was at the highest level of escalation and they couldnt get me a supervisor! After demanding for a 3rd time they got me someone in charge and I finally got the information I was looking for. I had expressed my displeasure and how this experience has made me not want to book with them again and this was his response... "We regret to hear you feel that way. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach us via this channel." ^Randolf. What I have learned and I hope anyone reading this learns is this company does not care about the consumer. This has been some of the worst customer support I have ever had to deal with and because of it they will no longer be getting my business.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I attempted to book my flight with a Travelocity agent; trusted him with my credit card info. He told me that the travel did not process; asked that I attempt a different day and time for the outbound. He found another flight; asked for my credit card and again came back on the line to tell me that my flight had some issues. In summation, he charged me over $7,000.00 of which I never received a ticket. This is criminal! I called several times to try to clear this up. Spoke to corporate "Zeus" manager. To no avail. I will never use this service again..

Original review: May 30, 2019

Before I booked a flight from Toronto to Europe I first checked the luggage policy. It was advertised as 1 free carry on and 1 free luggage up to 32kg. After I booked and got the confirmation, surprise: the carry on is free, however the first luggage up to 200 euro. I called them requesting an explanation. They said the carry on and first luggage is free. Then I called the airline/Condor and they said only the carry on is free. Travelocity is an incompetent agency who false advertise. If they do it because they are not aware of airlines policy it makes them incompetent and if they do it to sell it's theft. Either way they should not be allowed to operate. They get customers by false advertising and that's stealing. What a nightmare. I give it a star because otherwise I cannot post it but they don't deserve it.

Original review: May 27, 2019

Worst hotel. Worst experience if you use a company to travel. They should rate the hotel. Would be easy to do by cust feedback. Also I email the hotel and travel company how bad it was. No answer. Not sorry took my money and ran.

Original review: May 26, 2019

When renting a car best from airport. Get what is at the airport. Otherwise they got you. They transferred me about 3 kms from airport then all of a sudden all prices change. Making up excuses that they are the cheapest & they know everyone at the airport convincing you that nothing is left to rent at the airport. If you don’t rent from them then you're on your own dime to get you back to the airport. On weekends if you take vehicle back after 6:00 pm then you have to grab a taxi to get you back to airport. This is the saddest service I’ve ever seen in my life.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Travelocity can suck a big fat one because I cancelled my reservation on May 11th and after I was guaranteed a full refund - they proceed to charge my card for a full night stay at the hotel I reserved. I talked to them and they said it would take 3-5 business days. It's been 2 ** WEEKS and nothing. The customer service people keep saying that they have to contact the "Manager" at the hotel but they've been trying to "contact" him for 2 ** weeks and still nothing. I have called several times to get my money back. I'm ** tired of them and know not to EVER BOOK WITH THEM AGAIN.

Original review: May 22, 2019

We booked an August flight in January. Our friends booked the same flight, as we’re traveling together. Today, May 21, our friends got an e-mail saying the flight was changed. We never got an e-mail. We called Travelocity and they had no record of the reservation. We were on the phone about an hour and had to make a completely new reservation. Now we will have to go back to the credit card company and have the original charge refunded. There was definitely a reservation and we were charged for the flight back when we made the original reservation. I’ll not be booking through Travelocity again.

Original review: May 22, 2019

It’s a great site to compare flights and airline and prices all in one spot. I will verify prices with this website and the major airline to make sure I’m getting the best possible flight itinerary and price.

Original review: May 19, 2019

All travel resources in one place. Rated services and current contact information. Always my go to app for any trip holiday or business. Easy to use interface and honest rating. Great for generating plans for new vacation trips as well.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I am finding out that it is sometimes better to contact the hotel/spa directly. Can ask for a specific room if you know one. I did that to Motel 6 in B P. Do that all the time now.

Original review: May 17, 2019

Waste of time. Not competitive in pricing. I was using 2 windows screens on same website. Pricing didn't match up either. Calling the airline or a travel agent direct actually saved me more money than using a website to book.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I booked a flight for three of us (one special needs child included) through Travelocity and Delta Airlines, and a return with United. After I received a confirmation number, my credit card was charged, and a clear statement on the receipt that I need not confirm my flight, as it was confirmed, I called Delta to ask about getting at least two seats together, for consideration of the child. The rep put me on hold for quite a long time, and when she came back, she informed me that, between the time I had spoken with Travelocity and Delta, the flight had gone up over $800.00!!! What? I asked her how that could be true, and she said I should have called Delta to confirm, as sometimes the flights go up in price (even though I had already received the confirmation number and my credit card had been charged). I asked her what kind of business they had with Travelocity, as this was an outrage and totally unethical.

I immediately cancelled my flight and called Travelocity, who told me that I should have called them first. It was stated clearly on my receipt that I need not confirm, and if I wanted a seat arrangement/choice or special services, to call the airlines. Travelocity said I had been misinformed by the Delta rep. They rebooked our flight, confirmed seating and refunded me $210.00 which I apparently would have been charged for select seating. The whole experience took over five hours and was so upsetting. I don't understand how these two outfits remain business partners!! :-( Angry!!!

Original review: May 15, 2019

I purchased a flight 4 months in advance for business. I purchased the travel protection for the flight just in case something were to happen and needed to be changed. That situation arise and tried to cancel the flight. Travelocity couldn't cancel the flight and directed me to the airline. Airline tells me that they don't recognize the travel insurance issued through Travelocity. This company is beyond horrible. I am continuing to fight with them. Go through the airline instead of using this company.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I've been using Travelocity quite a bit to book my hotel visits this past year. Was a user friendly booking site, the website listed several hotel options and checkout was easy along with payment and confirmation.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I feel compelled to leave a review for Travelocity. I had never used the site before. We booked a nonstop flight, and hotel package to New York. Soon after booking the package, we received an email stating that our flight had been changed. It was still non stop and the change was minimal. After that, I received another email stating the flight had been changed again. This time, it was a less desirable flight with a layover. I had paid for a nonstop flight, a more expensive option. I called Travelocity and waited on hold for a total of 4 HOURS OVER THE COURSE OF 2 DAYS!!!! NO JOKE!!!

I was offered no discount or nonstop flight option. I feel like the company is dishonest, as they sell a certain flight to you and then change it to a less desirable flight and then say there is not a thing that they can do about it. I would NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN! I understand that Orbitz and Expedia are also owned by the same company. So, I will stick with Costco Travel, or book a flight and hotel directly without an online travel service.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I tried to book a package with Travelocity but it didn’t go as planned. I was on the phone with a representative, he made mistakes but that wasn’t the issue. As soon as I gave him my credit card number he charged it without authorization, a totally different amount. Then he asked me to call the bank and let them know it was by “mistake” which he made. I called the bank and the bank told me it’s pending, they aren’t able to do anything. I was back on the phone with Travelocity agent, he kept saying he can’t charge the account even though there were already charges on the account. So I told him to just cancel everything because he charged without my authorization and I had no itinerary on my email. So he decides to hang up on me.

I called back and asked to speak with a supervisor/manager. They transferred me, it took about 45 minutes to get one on the line. Gave the supervisor all the information and she decided to hang up on me as well. Mind you, the whole time took almost 6 hours, I am not exaggerating. Now, you would think I’m a rude noisy person, but I am not. I am a very patient person and I do work with many different people myself. This review is just so others do not have to go through what I am going through. Please do not book anything with Travelocity. Thank you for your time.

Original review: May 9, 2019

Once you make a reservation through Travelocity, you're going to pay, even if your plans change! Travelocity does not bother To react to your emails requesting a cancelation or change even if it's weeks out before the stay! My advice... NEVER book through Travelocity if there is the remotest chance of a change in your travel plans!!!!

Original review: May 9, 2019

I booked a hotel for our Destin FL trip in March 2019. I looked online and did it through Travelocity. As soon as I put my card info in I was charged a deposit for the first night. At the hotel they wanted a credit card right away so I gave them one. Uknowingly I was actually being double charged. I didn't find out until I got home that they never put my deposit towards the hotel stay. Needless to say I was ** at this point. I contacted them and told them what had happened and someone at Travelocity told me to dispute the charge with the bank. Hmmm ok? It was weird they were telling me this since I booked it with them.

Anyway I went to my bank and explained what happened. We sat for an hour on the phone with them going back and forth saying that I was a no show! Even though we were actually there at the hotel and hotel clerk is saying we checked in and out. I had proof of us staying there along with the credit card charge from the hotel. So they weren't going to give me my money because I was a "NO-SHOW". Yeah okay. I gave the bank all the proof they needed from me and I did get my money back. Travelocity is a scam and I am giving everyone advice to stay away from them! Call the hotel direct and book. Will save you time and MONEY!

Original review: May 6, 2019

Travelocity's 3rd party flight insurance is absolutely abysmal. I bought the suggested flight insurance (3rd party company AIS Affinity Insurance Agency) while purchasing tickets to visit my brother in the Airforce. I ended up having to cancel my flight because his leave was overridden by his higher ups for training. The website I was sent to to file my claim is marked as an unsecure website and won't load, 1.5 HOURS later, I finally manage to start the claim over the phone. I'm sent an email asking for records of death in the family, court summons, medical emergency etc. Basically, the flight insurance is a complete waste of time and money, instead of being out your flight money, you'll be out your flight money + insurance money in most circumstances.

Original review: April 22, 2019

When booking through a "travel service" you would expect their assistance when there is trouble with the airline or hotel they booked. Travelocity offered us a $50 future hotel voucher for our huge inconvenience. Absolutely unconscionable customer care by Frontier Airlines. "On April 18, 2019 a friend of mine and I were in the Cancun airport awaiting our nonstop trip home to Kansas City. We received a text notifying us our flight home was delayed. We still went to the airport and checked in more than 3 hours in advance of the originally scheduled departure time.

They told us at check-in they did not have a gate or an exact time of departure and instructed us to keep an eye on the airport monitors. The only thing the monitor ever said was that the flight was DELAYED and was estimated to depart at 12:50 - once a gate # was finally given we went to the gate more than 30 minutes prior to the 12:50 time and they had already closed the doors and said we were a "no show" even though they had our baggage and made absolutely no public announcements stating that the departure time on the monitors was incorrect. (BTW, we weren't the only passengers to be left behind. There were 6 of us, all ladies, including an infant. Other friends that were on the flight said it was less than 30-40% full and everyone felt as though they were being rushed to board.)

They did nothing to assist us and had absolutely no empathy for us. (The stairs were still connected to the plane and the plane had not moved and did not move for quite some time while we were all standing there at the gate trying to wrap our heads around what this airline was doing to us.) Friday when we contacted Frontier customer service and asked them to refund us for the hefty fares we had to pay to still get home Thursday night they said tough luck but they hoped to see us on another Frontier flight soon - hah! This is the first time as an adult I have given such a poor rating for a company but Frontier deserves it and I hope this never happens to anyone else going forward. No one should ever feel bullied and pushed around but Frontier and Travelocity are doing exactly that. Extremely poor business ethics Frontier and Travelocity." ; (

Travelocity expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Travelocity is a Dallas-based travel company owned by Sabre Corporation, a travel technology company that has been in business since 1960.

• Hotels: Travelocity lists rooms from over 271,000 hotels around the world.

• Inspirational guides: Vacationers who don't know where to go can use Travelocity guides to get inspired.

• Mobile app: Travelocity's mobile app offers exclusive discounts and lets travelers access their reservations on the go.

• Vacation packages: Vacation packages can help travelers save money getting to and staying in their destination cities.

• Price guarantee: Travelocity will match better deals and give customers $50 travel coupons for future trips.

• Best for: Budget, domestic and international travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs