1.05/5
Based on 121 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a travel site?

Last updated: April 25, 2018

1279 Travelocity Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: April 25, 2018

Booked several hotels on Travelocity.ca- the Canadian site, NOT the US site. So I get my email booking confirmations and there are two prices on each. None of them indicate USD. Essentially what they have done is quoted me one price in USD (and not said it's in USD) and the second in Canadian. But, it just looks like 2 separate prices. So why shouldn't I be paying the lesser of the two? A manager at Travelocity agreed, and emailed me a confirmation for each booking saying that all I had to do was email them the hotel receipt and they would reimburse me the difference for each room. So I return from my trip and in good faith follow their instructions. The next day I receive 4 emails telling me that, contrary to what their manager said - they can't do this via email. It has now been over 2.5 hours that I have spent on the phone trying to sort this out.

Essentially, Travelocity's refund procedure deems it necessary that you need to stay on hold while they talk to billing to have the reimbursement done. After 45 minutes I just got disconnected. The agent called me back and essentially refused to take the other three confirmation numbers and told me we would have to go through this process 4 times. I asked to speak with another manager and she then just put me on hold. I hung up after 30 minutes. Ridiculous. Worst customer service around. To expect clients to wait on the phone for HOURS while they fix multiple mistakes they have made with bookings is just INSANE. Do you people know ANYTHING about what defines acceptable customer service? It seems not.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I booked a flight for my father in law for the wrong date online through their website and within the hour tried to go back online and fix it. I go under manage booking (because that's what the website & customer service tells you to do) and the only thing it did was take me to American Airlines website where I changed the flight to the correct date. They charged my husband the $200 fee plus the new airline fee and I got a message stating that the card would be refunded the difference. Needless to say when I called I got a snotty woman from AA saying no refund and I should have called Travelocity because it was a "special situation" they can only fix. What the hell? Why do you advertise to manage booking blah blah on your website and change stuff within 24 hours if you still rip people off!! Never again!!

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2018

We reserved a hotel one month in advanced in Dominican Republic. Thought the month we received an email letting us know that the reservation was cancelled, we then called Travelocity to confirm and according to them everything was good, Travelocity re-send us the confirmation number claiming everything was ok. Once in DR we arrived at the hotel and guess what our reservation was cancelled as specified by the email sent, and they had no rooms available for us. We struggle to find a hotel. We were completely disoriented. Never again.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I’ve used Travelocity for 20 years but this past year has been horrible. First, they don’t refund the travel insurance when you have to change the dates of the tickets so why even purchase it. Second, I called to cancel tickets that were refundable and was told I would get an email stating the refund. Never received an email or the confirmation of the cancellation. I now call and was on hold for over 15 minutes to be told there is no refund for tickets that cost $2,700. The call went dead while I was speaking so I called again to be put on hold for over 15 minutes and the call went dead. I’m on hold for a third time to talk to a supervisor and the call just went dead. This company has declined greatly and for anyone’s sake, I would never use Travelocity. This has been the worst experience. Please save your time, your money, and your sanity by never using Travelocity.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I’m disgusted. Last week I made a reservation for a hotel stay last night. I cancelled 2 days after making it. I made sure it was within the time frame to prevent charges. Then this morning I get notice I was charged $187. Called the hotel who said I was a “no show”. I explained situation and they referred me to Travelocity. I called. Rep was kind and tried to help but had to pass me onto supervisor. Supervisor was kind and tried to help but had to contact corporate. On the phone the supervisor explained corporate was able to confirm my activity online and that I “tried” to cancel. They said my cancellation was “not successful”. I followed the link texted to me to cancel the reservation. It seemed quite simple and took me to a page that said “cancel this reservation” and I clicked on it.

There was never any indication that the cancellation process that I followed as instructed was “not successful”. Now I’m out $187 for a trip I cancelled. And I repeat- corporate CONFIRMED on the phone call that they could see the cancellation steps I took... but it “wasn’t successful”. I’m in social work and hardly make the extra $ to just throw around. I’m so disgusted with Travelocity. So disgusted.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

Original review: April 6, 2018

I have always booked my flights through Travelocity and have never had an issue with them. That is up until now. I booked a flight for my daughter and later found out I booked her for the wrong city. Called Travelocity to try and cancel or at least change the city to find out they were going to charge me more than the ticket price to change my flight. Book a round trip ticket somewhere and of course you have to pay 200 fee for each ticket. Never again will I ever book through this site again. I have never been so mistreated by anyone. Even Priceline found ways to at least get me a partial refund. Travelocity wants to cancel your flight and rebook for you to get even more money. No thank you, think I would rather walk. I wish I could give them a negative rating!

Original review: April 5, 2018

I've booked with Travelocity on several occasions before, but been very dissatisfied, frustrated and disappointed on the last two occasions I tried to book. On each of these occasions, just as I get ready to press the last button, after entering all of the required information, the price goes up. As if someone on the other end is watching. The first time this happened I called and they claim that the airline had just updated their prices and gave me the lower rate, which I had seen when I started booking my flight. Yesterday, I was booking a hotel and air package and the same thing happened. I called and was told the exact same thing, the airline just updated their prices. This time the agent refused to honor the lower price even after I explained to her that I would take my business elsewhere. Later on I learned that I really didn't have very many options since Expedia purchased Travelocity and a bunch of other travel sites.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I’d like to share my horrible experience with Travelocity and warn people to never use this company again because it treats its customer unfairly and refuses to be responsible for its own mistakes. I booked a round-trip flight in 11/2017 to fly from Honolulu to Xi’an (China) via Shanghai on China Eastern Airlines. My departure date is 6/4/18 and return date 7/19/18. On March 11, I received an email from Travelocity notifying me that my arrival time into Honolulu on 7/19/18 has been changed. It was a minor change and I was fine with it.

However, upon closer look, I noticed that my flight from Xi’an to Shanghai on the same day has also been changed. My two children and I have been moved from the 9 am flight to 7:30 am. This much bigger change was not even highlighted in the email. To me, this was a terrible change because it means that I’d have to get my kids out of bed at 4 am to catch the flight, only to wait at Shanghai airport all day for my 5 pm connecting flight back to Honolulu. So I called China Eastern and was told that to make any changes to my itinerary, I’d have to pay $150 per ticket change fee plus fare differences, the reason being that I have already used up my one free flight change the airline allows. (What?! But I never requested the change at the first place! The airline moved me to a different flight!) They told me to call Travelocity because my tickets were issued by them.

Thus, my real nightmare began. Over the course of 2 days, I made 3 phone calls, and spent a total of 8.5 hours trying to make the people at Travelocity understand that I shouldn’t have to pay for another itinerary change because the first change was made by the airline without my consent! What I found out was that according to Travelocity system, two emails have been sent to me (which I received neither!) in Feb when China Eastern wanted to change my flight. My absence of response (because I never got those emails) was treated by its system as “customer accepted the change" and so the change was made to my itinerary. Every time I asked, "Why didn’t anyone try to call me when you didn’t get a response from me", they avoided to give me a straight answer, instead they just said “airline can do whatever they want to your itinerary without letting you know”.

But in this case China Eastern did try to inform me and did give me a chance to say no in Feb. It was Travelocity that failed to let me know. So now because one change has been made to my itinerary, even though I never asked or agreed to it, somehow it counts as my one free flight change and I must pay if I want to make any further changes. (Completely outrageous!) If anyone has to pay, it should be Travelocity because they failed to reach me and they noted in their system that I was ok with the change without me knowing it! The worst part was that with each of my 3 phone calls, I had to go through several layers of customer service people, the first two in the Philippines (rep and supervisor level) and then I’d be transferred to a manager in an U.S. office. Each transfer took anywhere between 45-60 minutes!

I spoke with a total of 10 people, each time having to explain my issue. My 2nd phone call took 4 hours, and all I was trying to do with that particular call was to get a correct email address for the manager in the U.S. that I had spoken with during my 1st phone call because she had emailed me and asked me to reply with a screenshot of the flight change notice I got from Travelocity on March 11. Every time I tried to reply to her email, it would fail so I had no choice but to go through the whole process again: rep, supervisor in the Philippines and then manager in the U.S. Total nightmare! During the process, I’ve noticed that the reps have the best customer service skills and attitude while the managers were the worst of the worst.

The managers I spoke with were: Britney **, Kristy **, Sharon ** and Mirza (did not get last name but she was the only nicer one that didn’t make me feel like I was talking to a heartless machine.) The whole time they just kept on telling me that the airline didn’t even have to let me know about a flight change. In the end of 8.5 hours, I gave up and asked where I can send my complaint to since Kristy ** said that there were no managers above her that I could escalate this matter to anymore. She told me that I can write a letter to her office but the letter will just be handled by the same managers that I’ve spoken to. I am done with Travelocity. Obviously the company doesn’t care about its customers and the managers they hire operate like machines that have no ability to sympathize with customers and have no desire to be helpful. They are not there to help anyone but to cover up their own screw ups.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I booked a car rental with Travelocity. The company the rental was arranged with is Right Cars of Ft. Lauderdale FL. The company is NOT in any way similar to rental companies I have used. There is one shuttle. No signage in the airport at all. I had read on a website that this company tries to force you to buy their insurance. I had an email from my insurance agent stating I had full coverage, a statement from the credit card company I was using that states I have secondary ins. and a copy of my full auto policy on my phone. Right Cars would not accept that because I had moved and the street address was different even though it was in the same city and state.

The $198. rate got $165 added to the charge. Travelocity would not stand behind me and at all. Right Cars is a sham company and Travelocity should not do business with this company. I landed at 3:45 pm, went to a strip mall miles away from the airport. The only way I could get a car was to sign for the ins. which I wrote DISPUTED on and they would not provide a copy of that to me. It took till 6 pm and lots of stress. I have asked for a copy of the paperwork to be emailed and they refuse. The agent on the phone refuses to provide his name.

Original review: March 23, 2018

DO NOT USE TRAVELOCITY! MY WIFE booked a flight 10 weeks in advance. A week later due to a schedule conflict she needed to cancel the flight. She called Travelocity, with whom she also bought trip insurance and they refused to refund. The 3 tickets were 900.00, Travelocity stated we would have to pay a 600.00 cancellation fee... FOR A FLIGHT THAT WAS 9 WEEKS OUT! Had I BOOKED the same flight carrier direct, the cancellation would have only been 25.00 per ticket. Again do not use Travelocity, they are criminals, and should be driven out of the market.

Original review: March 23, 2018

In May I purchased 2 flight tickets. Upon receiving my confirmation, I called to inform them of their mistake. They had scheduled me on a different flight and not even on the same day, but 2 days later. I told them this was not acceptable and I wanted my money returned. 10 months later, I still have not received my money. They have made several excuses and claims but still no refund.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I went online made a reservation and accidentally selected the wrong date. I immediately sent to the hotel a message notifying them of this error within minutes, called the hotel and they told me I had to call Travelocity. Travelocity has done nothing to help me with this situation. Both parties were contacted within 20 minutes of when I made the reservation. They still charged my card. I would recommend going directly to a hotel to book. The middle party "Travelocity" makes it very confusing when an honest mistake is made as to who is responsible for reversing the error or providing a refund. Again, it was reported within minutes and it should have been able to be refunded.

Original review: March 16, 2018

Booked a three day stay at the Wyndham Ocean Blvd. property through Travelocity. I was very specific in my needs. Two bedroom condo OCEAN FRONT. When we arrived Wyndham had a room for us in Tower Four across the street from the beach. Not only was it not ocean front, it was across the freaking street from the beach. The desk clerk explained that she has been working there for six months and this is apparently how Travelocity and Wyndham work. Both are dishonest. Travelocity charged me $151 for cancelling the booking even though I paid the higher rate so I could cancel if needed. I will never stay at another Wyndham property and I will never book anything through Travelocity.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I purchased airline tickets for myself and my son, also purchased the cancellation protection plan at an additional cost of $92. Then, had a family emergency and had to cancel my flight. I contacted Travelocity.com customer assistance and attempted to change/cancel my flight. I was astounded to find out that the cancellation protection is not "protection" at all. The first thing that customer service did was tell me that they had to check the policy of the airline itself, that Travelocity's policy was not part of this cancellation protection plan. Then they told me that I could file a claim with a third party in the event of a personal medical emergency and only if I had an attending physician sign a claim and was willing to release my medical records to this third party.

I don't understand the point of purchasing "cancellation protection" if it is unable to be used unless you are personally involved in an incapacitating medical emergency that includes the actual dates of your travel plan. ABSOLUTELY INFURIATING EXPERIENCE RESULTING IN THE LOSS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS!!! Do not give this company your business.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I booked a hotel in New Haven, Connecticut through Travelocity in February. My sister, niece and 6 month old daughter came up to visit our father who is sick. We had a incident with the hotel and could not get back the money we were due for a refund based off the situation that took place in the hotel. The hotel would not approve the refund so Travelocity could not give us the money back. This was due to the hotel manager not returning phone calls so Travelocity was unable to ever give us the money back. My husband tried his best to deal with the situation but he was disrespected by the hotel staff. Someone even referred to him as sounding like a "faggot" on the phone. My husband is a teacher, and speaks very finely so they assumed he was gay. Very disrespectful, Travelocity had me on hold for 1 hour before I spoke with a supervisor who could not make the necessary moves to give us our money. WE WILL NEVER DO THIS AGAIN!

Original review: March 12, 2018

We booked a trip with Travelocity, to come to find out within 11 hours before we were leaving we had no place to stay. We entered our date of birth several times showing we were 18, and no one including the hotel told us we had to be 23 to check in. That us after reaching out to the hotel by one of our parents to make sure it was a safe place for us to stay, they still didn't communicate that important piece of information. Now they want to charge us nothing but fees and we have no trip to go on. They were not even willing to help after being on hold for over an hour.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Booked a hotel thru Travelocity thinking it was a safe choice. Arrived at the I-Drive Grand Resort in Orlando only to be met by guest in the lobby complaining of bed bugs and rats and mold. Decided not to risk a check-in. So many complaints at the time. Called to find somewhere to stay and still had to pay for that room. Travelocity needs to check these hotels before listings them. Ruined the first half of our trip. I will never book thru them again. And found out their price was $70 higher anyway.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I recently purchased a travel package (airfare, hotel and car rental) as a gift through Travelocity.com. It was the most horrible experience for my friend and I felt terrible. Since I paid for it I wanted to send a complaint to the BBB. I am aware that with these discounted online offers you buy are less convenient with extra stops and long layovers at the airport, however just because you are getting this so-called "wonderful deal" does not mean you are treated with lesser service, assistance and/or hidden costs. This person is 6'4" and I reiterated the need for a seat where there was extra leg space, which I was told 'certainly not a problem' and I stated the rental car needed to be a mid-size or larger, also 'not a problem'... The ball was dropped so the plane setting was virtually impossible to fit comfortably for a 9 hour flight due to the layovers. Apparently Travelocity.com has nothing to do with seating assignment or the car size...

I wish I was aware of this when I was making arrangements. I could have made arrangements because height can be a problem for some when it comes to flying or car choices. The car rental required extra expenses due to that request not being fulfilled. I also contacted Delta Airlines to confirm the seat assignment was taken care of and I contacted the rental car company to confirm the car size, neither company were aware of my requests. This is my second purchase through Travelocity.com and I have learned that cheaper or "deals" aren't necessarily so wonderful. I put out $500 extra in unplanned expenses when I could have paid for a non-stop flight and ordered my own rental. This was no deal and there is no one to speak with at through these online companies when you have a complaint. Happy to speak to you when they want money. NEVER AGAIN. NON-STOP ONLY AND PAY THE EXTRA.

Original review: March 4, 2018

I booked a vacation for myself, my husband and my mother in law through Travelocity. When we received our itinerary we only had a return flight, not our departure flight. I have been getting the runaround for over 3 hours. They said their system had a glitch and they were sorry but they would fix it. I felt somewhat relieved until they asked for my credit card number again because they needed to charge an extra $400 for the other flight. What?? I had a total of $1505 on my screen which I paid and then get told I have to pay more even though our email says roundtrip. We ended up canceling our vacation but have almost $1800 in pending charges. I WILL NEVER USE TRAVELOCITY AGAIN!!!

Original review: March 4, 2018

I booked a room on Travelocity. I accidentally put the wrong day in. I called them back immediately. They said they called the hotel and changed the date to the one I wanted. They even emailed me confirmation. They told me verbally over the phone that it was all set. I got there tonight and NO ROOM. I wasted an hour and a half of my night and had to stay at another hotel on my dime. NOT HAPPY. TRAVELOCITY SCREWED IT UP AND DIDNT CARE TO FIX IT. I AM BEYOND ANGRY.

Original review: March 1, 2018

Easy to use. No problems getting ticket or boarding or getting return flight. Didn't like not being able to change flight time or no refunds if wanted to stay longer or go back at a later date or earlier.

Original review: March 1, 2018

Stated you get to book seats on flights. NOT TRUE... It is a total upcharge that cost me 188 EXTRA dollars. AND to top it off I could have gotten the flight cheaper by booking direct with the airline carrier. Travelocity I am DONE booking flights with you now FOREVER!!!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I was told if I booked, I'd have 24 hours to cancel. Well, guess what, 15 hours later, I realized I'd gotten the wrong flight and would need to wait for 6 hours to be picked up. I went in, thinking this would be easy to sort out, like on other sites — no. They were going to charge me hundreds of dollars to cancel, and blamed the airlines! No one else blames the airlines. They just cancel when they say they're going to. I called, trying to clarify the situation, and was put on hold. When I hung up, they called back, and said I needed to wait and be patient. Again, I was put on hold. After another half-hour, I finally gave up. So, I'll be waiting for 6 hours at the airport, and I will NEVER USE TRAVELOCITY AGAIN. I recommend you avoid them, too.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I was overbooked for trip by 3 cents. They couldn't help me and said I had to wait 3 to 5 days to get refund so I could rebook trip I already paid for. I asked for manager. She couldn't help. Then when I wanted to go above her. Told no one was available. I wished I had read reviews before. Company is a complete scam. Don't not use under any circumstances.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Terrible experience with Travelocity trying to get a refund for a flight that was cancelled by the Airlines. Talked to three different agents... Have been on the phone for over an hour with no results. They want to refund part of the airfare and interrupt every step of the way. Will never use Travelocity again.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Never again will I book through them. I got my departure confirmation within five minutes but didn't receive my confirmation for my return flight. I freaked out. I Facebook messaged Travelocity & it took the person forever to respond and finally they tell me they only have confirmation of my departure flight. I ask them to double check since the funds came out of my account. Same response. About 30 minutes later I finally received my confirmation email from Spirit for my return flight. Again, I wanted Travelocity to confirm. I email this time and provide my confirmation codes for both flights AND THEY STILL COULDN'T FIND MY RETURN FLIGHT. At this point, I'm freaking out. I check with Frontier for my departure flight and they confirm. I check with Spirit and they confirm. Never again will I use Travelocity. They don't know what they are doing.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I've used Travelocity multiple times for flights, hotels, and vacation packages. I've never had an issue with them until recently. I was looking at vacation packages for Pueblo Bonito Pacifica one night, and it was $9/night to add on the all inclusive package. Came back the next day to check prices and the all inclusive option skyrocketed to $179/night. This is just ridiculous and absolutely absurd. How does pricing go up that high OVERNIGHT??! An inexpensive vacation has now turned into a mortgage payment!

I looked on Bookit.com and the price has NOT gone up for the exact same package. So why is Travelocity charging so much? They are all about profit! They charge you more than what the flight, hotel, vacation package is even worth so they can pocket the rest of that money. I also notice they have those bogus deals where they say book this hotel and get flight 100% free. THAT IS NOT POSSIBLE!! You go back and look 2 hours later and the price is the same, but now it's a completely different deal. Book now and get one night free, get 100% off flight, etc. Expedia and Travelocity both need to be shut down.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

The airline emailed me and told me there was a change in my flight. It went to a non-stop to a one stop plane transfer. I called the Travelocity to see if I could change the flight and both times I called it was answered by a trained person with a heavy accent. Then after many questions they transferred me to another department where I was on hold with no answer. I will NEVER use Travelocity again!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

In a nutshell I was trying to book 2 airline tickets and the price was exactly what I wanted, I entered my credit card info and it was taking an incredibly long time to process. Then a msg pops up & says to try again. I do and it tells me my flights went up by almost $500??? I believe Travelocity is advertising false prices and booking people in and then during checkout they suddenly up the price and say “oh this is real-time. The price must’ve gone up during your booking time.” Absolute ** and I am calling our attorney.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Travelocity is a scam. They just want to rip you off. This is what happen to me. I was trying to book four bundle deals with them to go to Punta Cana with my family and every time I go to check out the price will go significantly up and when I book it and try to speak to someone on the phone to cancel them immediately 'cause the fourth package they wanted a lot more money than what’s online. They refuse to give me my money back and get me on the phone for hours and I speak with a lot of people who promise to help me get in contact with the hotel and no one help me at all. No one contact the hotel.

They just wanted to keep my money and hope I will go away. They push you around and promise me I will get my money back and I am still waiting for it. This is the worst company. The site said you get your money back within 24 hours of booking, that’s a scam. A big scam. Stay away from this company 'cause if something happen they will not help you. They just want your money. They only want your money and tell you something else and do another.

Travelocity expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Travelocity is a Dallas-based travel company owned by Sabre Corporation, a travel technology company that has been in business since 1960.

• Hotels: Travelocity lists rooms from over 271,000 hotels around the world.

• Inspirational guides: Vacationers who don't know where to go can use Travelocity guides to get inspired.

• Mobile app: Travelocity's mobile app offers exclusive discounts and lets travelers access their reservations on the go.

• Vacation packages: Vacation packages can help travelers save money getting to and staying in their destination cities.

• Price guarantee: Travelocity will match better deals and give customers $50 travel coupons for future trips.

• Best for: Budget, domestic and international travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs