Travelocity

Compare Travel Sites

Research top Travel Sites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

On Dec. 17 our flight through Cheap Air was cancelled, due to weather, for the morning of the 18th. They would not re-book us. At 2:00 in the morning I found flights out on the morning of the 19th through Travelocity. I booked them, or so I thought. I got up on the 18th, to look for the confirmation e-mail, and only one, out of 5 tickets was there. The one was not booked exactly like the others, as it had a different return date. I called Travelocity, I was on the phone with someone for almost 2 hours. They could not find the reservation for 4 and could not book me another because they were having "trouble" and prices had also gone up.

After being on hold FOREVER, she said she would call me back within an hour. She never did. After being told, I had no reservations, I booked through a reliable travel agent to leave the morning of the 19th. Upon returning on the 27th, I checked my credit card account, and TRAVELOCITY HAD CHARGED ME FOR THE 4 TICKETS THEY SAID I DIDN'T HAVE!!! I called, and they said they would do nothing. I am trying different avenues to get my money refunded. Extremely dishonest, unrepeatable and HORRIBLE company. BEWARE PEOPLE!!!

Booking with this site is easy however the prices for the flights go up the more you look around on Travelocity and other sites (KAYAK, Expedia etc). This is incredibly frustrating and seems a bit devious. I don't know about any "extra" services they offered as compared to the other sites, they all seem about the same. There's an added pressure when you get pop ups saying "100 people booked flights for XYZ today" or "only 1 seat left" when there's not really only 1 seat left. Additionally, some flights don't show the seats left, so sometimes I'll pick out my flights and start making seat selections only to find out that my last flight won't let me choose my seats. This is frustrating as I have to sit next to my child for a flight that's going to take 9 hours. I would still recommend this site to anyone who needs to fly, they all work the same way and are all equally frustrating.

Booked a trip on Travelocity and because we knew there was a chance we would need to change the flight due to a family member who was in very poor health, we purchased the trip protection. The family member passed away a few days later, and we tried to change the flight. Travelocity (Dennis... Some kind of supervisor at their customer service) will not stand behind this trip protection. They point their finger at the trip insurance company, who absolutely will not do anything without a death certificate, copy of credit card statement, and all sorts of other documentation... And then based upon their review may or may not refund a portion of the amount paid. This trip protection is a SCAM!!! Don't plan on getting any money and/or credit from anyone if you waste your money.

AND... Don't waste your money on using Travelocity... They have a bunch of drones in some far-away call center who are of no help at all. Will never use Travelocity again. Will never bother with purchasing trip protection... I would encourage people to use Southwest Airlines if you ever anticipate a change to your itinerary. Southwest is great to work with on changes.

I rented a minivan on December 28, 2016 in Oklahoma City from the Travelocity website for a trip to Texas with my family. The website asked nothing about where we would be going nor did they give any clear information about out of state rentals. When I went to pick up the van they asked me where we would be going of which I told them Texas. The gentleman informed me that the rental would cost me $300 extra and I would no longer have unlimited miles. Of course, I was taken back. I asked about this and then told them I was not prepared for that much more and all the man and I assuming the owner could say was that it is clearly stated on the NU Car Rental website. I then let them know that I didn't rent from them but from Travelocity and they didn't budge.

The email I received from Travelocity stated that "some geographical restrictions apply even if you have unlimited miles." This in no way says that if you take a rental out of state that you are charged extra. The rental company did offer to "help me out" on the extra cost. They "let" me have the van for $100 extra instead of the $300 extra. I couldn't pass it up since we had no other way of transportation for the amount of people going. I informed Travelocity of the situation. Of course, all they said is that they would pass the "feedback" on. I haven't heard from them since. I am highly disappointed in the fact that Travelocity didn't clearly state the difference in an in state rental and an out of state rental. If I would have known we would have made other arrangements. This was my first experience with renting a vehicle. Not sure if I will ever rent one again.

I booked a 7-day vacation for 4 travelers during the summer. Our vacation is scheduled for 4/17. I was told to check back often because the $ changes; when it did lower substantially I called & they wanted to levy huge fees for these changes. Will never use them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

The travel insurance covers nothing. Not the hotel which allowed up to 24 hours advance notification of cancellation anyway; not the airline = Jet Blue itself has a policy of giving credit for cancelled flights, and not even the change fee - Travelocity policy is that the rebooking has to be made at the same time that the flight is cancelled, not later. You are far better off booking directly with the airline and taking their insurance. The insurance is just a way of getting $100 extra profit.

This is my favorite travel site for the ease of use and the low cost. I can always find the best deals and the registration is painless. Last weekend a friend could not find a room for under $300 and I went on Travelocity and found a comparable room for $120.

I booked a roundtrip flight for my wife and I scheduled to leave San Diego on 12/15/2016 to Austin. I also booked a hotel and car rental through Travelocity. When I got to the Virgin America counter on 12/15/16 I was told that my reservation was correct but that Travelocity had scheduled my wife for 12/16/16. I had to purchase another ticket so my wife could travel with me on 12/15/16. The extra ticket cost me an additional $448.60. Virgin America refunded me the original price that I paid through Travelocity which was $128.60 so I am out $320.00. I contacted Travelocity but "David" in the "Support Team" would not do anything about my situation. "David" said he could not even provide his last name. What a company! Travelocity has no positive customer relations. I will never use Travelocity again and I would urge everyone to use alternative companies that are truly professional and wish to have complete customer satisfaction.

Bought a ticket for the Jazz Fest from Denver to New Orleans, had to cancel flight due to a illness of a family member. Travelocity's policy was a credit. Tried to book another flight. They wanted double to fly even though flights were same price. Drove instead to check on my brother, stayed awhile but needed to fly back home for business. Called Travelocity to book one way flight home. Looked up online, cost $180.00, had a credit close to $400.00. They - Travelocity wanted credit plus $ 200.. for the one way ticket. Tried to use credit 3 more times, same, wanted me to pay almost double for flights you can get online or through airlines. Year went by, said I was out of luck and they kept my money. They are the worst company on the PLANET!!!

Using Travelocity to book Airline Tickets is not recommended unless you wish to be swindled. The site is set up in such a way that when you're near finishing making arrangements, there's a step where you cannot proceed unless YOU choose seats. This is the snag. It appears that you cannot finish, and have no choice without paying extra as much as $58.00 per ticket extra for "available seats." We were tired and anxious to book arrangements for family emergency travel. We tried to back up and go around this. It didn't seem right, but you are only presented with one opportunity with > a very inconspicuous check box prior, allowing the airline itself to choose your seats for you for free. A fellow traveler told us of how they had also been scammed previously. Even if it takes longer- BOOK DIRECTLY THRU THE AIRLINE! Shame! Don't let this happen to you!

Consumer Increased Rating!

Really hate to admit, but this ended up to be a mistake on my part, not Travelocity. Really sorry (and embarrassed)

Kevin of Stillwater, MN on

Original Review

I canceled a flight within one hour of booking. I was charged $468.20 for the flight. I received an email from Travelocity saying that the amount would be returned to my original form of payment. When I call Travelocity, I am first told the $ was not ever taken out (not true, I have looked at bank statement), then told I need to go to the bank to get it resolved. I was also told I need to call the airlines. This makes no sense to me. I have my credit card # to them, the money was removed, now they are telling me I have to go somewhere else to fix it.

I went to Travelocity's website and used them cause of the $200 difference between airfares per person. The price for round trip was 308.70 on website. After checkout price per ticket was 540.70. Customer service said website was not updated and sorry for the inconvenience but you can put in for price match which do not waste your time (useless). After I proved price difference on American Airlines website, they did nothing! On the phone with customer service 8 times and got nowhere. You speak to someone overseas and now they have all my information, you do not speak to anyone in the U.S.A. BEWARE. THIS IS A SCAM WEBSITE! They also do not bill you direct. They give your credit card to the airline so they don't bill you direct for the service but only their charge for using them. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

After booking a flight with Travelocity... and then cancelling the flight within the allotted 24 hours cancellation no fee period I found they did not credit my credit card. They did cancel the flight. I spent two days and over 4 hours on hold. When the call was answer, the representative was very nice but could not help me. They needed to transfer me to a supervisor and I was disconnected!!! I called back and was on hold for 1 hour 23 minutes. Alex then answered the phone, was very pleasant but could not credit my account as the amount was too large. Again I was on hold for 2 hours when I finally gave up. I have filed a dispute of charge with my credit card company. I will not use Travelocity again!!! They do not follow thru. :(

After having a major accident I had to cancel a flight I made through Travelocity. I called their customer service department and was told that I had to pay a 200.00 cancellation fee which I agreed to. When I called back to make another reservation and use my credit they could not find the credit and even though I had emails they would not honor the credit. After spending hours on the phone they refused to honor the credit. Further confusing things on the emails they sent me they had on the cover page itinerary they had written the correct destination but on a tab they had completely messed up and booked my flight to a town I have never even heard of.

I booked a flight and arranged a car rental through Travelocity, then found out that they had charged me roughly double what booking through the car rental company would have charged had I booked directly through them. Travelocity customer "support" was largely unintelligible (off-shore customer support) and the email query about it was basically "too bad - you were an incautious shopper and we have your money and we'll keep it." Lesson learned: go direct to airlines/car rental companies and skip the robbers in the middle.

I booked a flight and car reservation through Travelocity. When I arrived at the airport there was a systems outage at Hertz and they could not honor my reservation because I booked through Travelocity. I called Travelocity and they offered me a refund the car reservation which I accepted. After the call I booked a brand new car directly through a car rental company. A few weeks went by and still no refund from Travelocity. I called Travelocity to inquire about the refund and the agent helping me claimed that there is no record of the refund ever being granted to me and he would not let me speak with a supervisor and refused to help any further. I had to file a claim with my credit card company to get my money back. Absolutely terrible company and I will tell everyone I know to avoid them like the plague.

I booked a flight reservation with Travelocity from my pc, at home in the Central Time Zone, at around 12:45 p.m. on yesterday, Nov. 30, 2016. Travelocity has a courtesy 24 hour cancellation policy that allows you to cancel until 12:59pm Pacific Time on the day AFTER you make the flight reservation. So, I should have had until 12:39pm tonight, Dec 1, to cancel. That time has not arrived yet. I started trying to cancel the reservation before 10pm last night, Nov 30. That was less than 24 hours after I made the reservation. Travelocity's web system would not let me cancel because they were "Bagged," saying that I should check back later or call.

Believing that I had until 12:59pm tonight to cancel, I waited and tried online again to cancel this morning, just after 3am Central Time. I was told that Travelocity's system shows I made the reservation at 10:45pm Pacific Time on Nov 29, that their computer is on Pacific Time. Therefore, when I made the reservation on Nov 30 at 12:45 am Central Time, their system shows I made it 2 hours earlier because they are on Pacific Time, causing the reservation to show that it was made a day earlier, on Nov 29 instead of Nov 30. Therefore, they said I had to cancel by 12:59pm Pacific Time last night, Nov 30.

No one at Travelocity tells customers in their cancellation policy that for cancellation purposes, the time you make your reservation is based on Pacific Time, rather than your actual time zone. It has taken me over an hour on the telephone talking to 3 different people and no one cares one bit that their cancellation policy is misleading and not fully explained to customers in advance.

This problem of your reservation showing made a date earlier than you made it would only occur if you make the reservation in the early hours after midnight in your time zone before Pacific Time changes to the next day. I happen to think it is significant and misleading, however. Even the email confirmation I received regarding the reservation is marked 1:10 am on November 30, 2016. Note that nowhere on the reservation does Travelocity state what date I made the reservation. If the reservation had said Nov 29 instead of Nov 30, that is something I might have caught and made sure I cancelled by Nov 30.

When I went to book a flight online it showed $282. When I went to the trip summary it showed $464. That is a $910 difference when purchasing 5 tickets. I got out of the site and tried it multiple times. Each time with the same results. I spent nearly 2 hours on the phone talking to 3 levels of customer support. I made one of them go through the same step by step procedure that I was going through. He came up with the exact same results as I did. He could not explain why. I will never go through Travelocity again!!!

Land in Orlando Thanksgiving night with car reservations through Travelocity. When we get to the car rental agency with a bus load of other people, there are no cars. They were overbooked and did not offer any solutions. They did not help re-book to other car rental places only took us back to airport to fend for ourselves. They did offer that would REIMBURSE cab fare from there to hotel and back the next day to pick up a car, but couldn't guarantee they'd have cars. It was a terrible experience.

I applied a coupon during the checkout process and the coupon was shown to be valid. After making the reservation, I noticed the final price did not reflect the coupon. Since the booking was nonrefundable, I could not cancel and rebook. Travelocity's customer service refused to apply the $10 coupon knowing I'm not able to cancel the reservation. Though $10 is not much, I still felt deceived by their checkout process.

I booked a hotel today with Travelocity. I found a cheaper rate and went online to use their price match guarantee. The website would not do it, so I called. I spent over an hour on the phone getting transferred, having customer service reps go back and forth with supervisor, getting a supervisor on the phone. In the end, she did see the lower price, but said she could not help me. I would need to cancel my reservation, restart my computer and try again, that it can only be done online. A huge waste of time, I took my business elsewhere. I will never use them again, and don't understand how they can post a guarantee and not honor it!

Bought travel protection plan from Travelocity. When needed to cancel my travel Travelocity wanted me to cancel my flight directly via Spirit Airlines. However, Spirit Airlines issues me vouchers to use within 60 days. I am stuck with these vouchers and may not be able to use it at all. Travelocity denied to issue me vouchers which can be used beyond 60 days. The documentation of the Travel Protection Plan does not state any limitation of 60 days when issuing vouchers. The policy does not have limitation for 60 days.

Bought a travel package, flight and hotel with Travelocity for $1634.63. Also, added insurance called Travel Protection in case of having to cancel it for $140.00. The company reserved the hotel and flight and charged me a total of $1774.63. When tried to cancel the package, they won't cancel it and telling me to contact the Spirit Airlines directly to cancel. When contacting Spirit Airlines, they offer credit vouchers which I have use within 60 days. Then what was the use of the travel protection package.

I purchased the travel protection package insurance to avoid this kind of mishap. On the travel protection package terms and conditions, it does not say that I will be given a voucher which I have to use within 60 days. It only says that a voucher, credit can be issued (without any time limitations). I have no plans to travel within next 60 days. I was expecting to get voucher which can be used anytime without any time limitation.

Travelocity is charging me for three night at a lodge. We only stayed for two nights but they are saying that we have to pay a cancellation fee. We didn't cancel, we stayed at the hotel. Travelocity is just insisting that we have to pay for the three nights even though on a number of occasions the hotel has told them that that is wrong. They are a bunch of idiots! I will never see that money. Book Directly. The rates are better and the service is better. There is no advantage to using Travelocity.

We made hotel reservations using Travelocity because their site stated that no charges would be incurred until we arrived. In fact, there was a pay now or pay later option. I selected the pay later, but was immediately charged with. Non-refundable one night charge. When I called Travelocity they changed their site to show a deposit was required, but did not offer any help with the charge. Do not use them! I learned a hard lesson and will never use them again!

I've now been on with Travelocity for over an hour... maybe 15 minutes actually speaking to a representative, the rest of the time I have been on hold. Book a package through them. Their website showed my cc was declined. Lie #1. The trip I was trying to book was a total cost (flight, car, taxes and fees... everything). That was lie #2. After card was declined I wake up the next morning with a notification from my bank showing Travelocity had deducted $243.65 from account. Which brings me back to the phone call I have been on (mentioned in first sentence). I was on hold with a supervisor - he has my "number to call me back in the event we are disconnected" because he read it back to me. I was just disconnected after 1 hour and 2 minutes. Think anyone called me back?? Nope!

I have read many people have been scammed in the same manner, "taking a person's money, debiting their account, countless phone calls from the consumer, countless conversations, multiple phones calls yet nothing. If there is a lawyer out there that would take this case I can provide all my documentation as I am sure most if not all of us here complaining here could provide details. Please look into this for us. We have all lost not just money, but time, vacations, dreams, the list goes on and on. It will continue to happen until someone goes to bat for us. Will you help?

On hold with rep for 23 min inquiring about our reservation and found as I booked room that it had already been booked at the same time, mind you they took monies for said room. Really disappointed and dissatisfied. Highly recommend using a different site, period.

In December 2015 my daughter and I were to fly to Reno for a Christian women's conference. When I made my flight and hotel reservations through Travelocity I was healthy but when the time to travel came, I was under doctor's orders not to fly. I called Travelocity and they were unable to refund even a portion of my $567.00 airline money. They did refund my hotel money. BUT I could use some of the money for future travel within one year. They would keep some of the money but it was never clear to me why they could not refund all of the money except that I had not purchased traveler's insurance.

Well in December 2016 I am taking a flight and when I checked the rates they were pretty high. Then I remembered, "oh yes, I have airline credits through Expedia". So I telephoned them and I had $497.00 but they would keep $125.00 for each of my airline tickets. Again I never understood why. But I thought $247.00 off of the tickets would be better than paying the full fare. After they booked the flight, the cost for two tickets was more than I would pay by purchasing two tickets myself without any airline credit from Expedia. So I did not book through Expedia but instead booked through the airline and saved money. Hence I have been cheated out of over $567.00. The $567.00 I paid originally for the airlines became $497.00 after they kept a portion of the money for whatever reason I do not know.

Then when actually trying to use the $497.00 this amount was now only $247.00 because they needed $250.00 for some unknown reason ($125.00 per ticket they said). So in all I have lost $567.14. I wonder where my money went and who has it. Obviously they never paid for tickets I never used so someone somewhere has $567.14. Being old is difficult enough but being ripped off is inexcusable.

Travelocity publish a fraudulent company. This company will charge 300 USD more, and they don't have real address, email, phone, and check in/out is in a public place for their safety. What "Midtown Furnished Apartment" had done was beyond my comprehension, and Travelocity didn't care about it.

On the confirmation page at the bottom of the page next to a bullet point, in bold font, it states: "Tickets are refundable." They are not. Don't book with Travelocity. This is intentionally deceiving and they know it.

I booked a hotel for 4 nights. Upon arrival I was uncomfortable with the safety of the hotel room. It opened to a parking lot in the back of the hotel in a questionable area of town. The shower had mold in the ceiling and the room had a weird smell. The following morning I found a safer, cleaner hotel but was informed that I could not cancel my remaining unused nights. Very disappointing that I was locked into my reservation even though it was unsatisfactory. If I had booked through the hotel I could have cancelled.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Travelocity is a Dallas-based travel company owned by Sabre Corporation, a travel technology company that has been in business since 1960.

• Hotels: Travelocity lists rooms from over 271,000 hotels around the world.
  • Inspirational guides: Vacationers who don't know where to go can use Travelocity guides to get inspired.
  • Mobile app: Travelocity's mobile app offers exclusive discounts and lets travelers access their reservations on the go.
  • Vacation packages: Vacation packages can help travelers save money getting to and staying in their destination cities.
  • Price guarantee: Travelocity will match better deals and give customers $50 travel coupons for future trips.
  • Best for Budget, domestic and international travelers.

Compare Travel Sites