1.13/5

Looking for a travel site?

1400 Travelocity Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 22, 2019

When booking through a "travel service" you would expect their assistance when there is trouble with the airline or hotel they booked. Travelocity offered us a $50 future hotel voucher for our huge inconvenience. Absolutely unconscionable customer care by Frontier Airlines. "On April 18, 2019 a friend of mine and I were in the Cancun airport awaiting our nonstop trip home to Kansas City. We received a text notifying us our flight home was delayed. We still went to the airport and checked in more than 3 hours in advance of the originally scheduled departure time.

They told us at check-in they did not have a gate or an exact time of departure and instructed us to keep an eye on the airport monitors. The only thing the monitor ever said was that the flight was DELAYED and was estimated to depart at 12:50 - once a gate # was finally given we went to the gate more than 30 minutes prior to the 12:50 time and they had already closed the doors and said we were a "no show" even though they had our baggage and made absolutely no public announcements stating that the departure time on the monitors was incorrect. (BTW, we weren't the only passengers to be left behind. There were 6 of us, all ladies, including an infant. Other friends that were on the flight said it was less than 30-40% full and everyone felt as though they were being rushed to board.)

They did nothing to assist us and had absolutely no empathy for us. (The stairs were still connected to the plane and the plane had not moved and did not move for quite some time while we were all standing there at the gate trying to wrap our heads around what this airline was doing to us.) Friday when we contacted Frontier customer service and asked them to refund us for the hefty fares we had to pay to still get home Thursday night they said tough luck but they hoped to see us on another Frontier flight soon - hah! This is the first time as an adult I have given such a poor rating for a company but Frontier deserves it and I hope this never happens to anyone else going forward. No one should ever feel bullied and pushed around but Frontier and Travelocity are doing exactly that. Extremely poor business ethics Frontier and Travelocity." ; (

Original review: April 20, 2019

American Airlines was great. Good prices, very helpful. Embassy Suite uptown, Charlotte, North Carolina was wonderful. Breakfast was very good. Happy hour 5-7 PM. Siesta gave us info at front desk. Would recommend. Great mini vacation.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Today I went on this site to book a hotel room but I accidentally book the wrong date and as soon as I realize my mistake I called them to see if they could modify my itinerary. Not only did they give me the runaround for 5 hrs. I lost out on my money cause they claimed the hotel didn't have rooms for the dates I wanted and the hotel wouldn't waive the fee to changed location so I couldn't get my money back to get another room. But mind you the hotel said that it was Travelocity who didn't want to waive the fee or find me another location. So after being on hold and transfer from one rep to another, I decided to stay at the hotel. They had me at but request to changed the dates to June cause they had me book for the middle of the week in May! Not only did they ** me on that, they tried to upcharge me to push the date out. This was my first time using this company and definitely my last. Travelocity is a terrible company and they should be shut down.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I booked my flight arrangements and car rental through Travelocity to Springfield, MO for 4/6/2019. When I arrived at the enterprise desk at the airport I was informed that this reservation was with the Enterprise in Springfield approx 9 miles away. The clerk said that Travelocity was known for doing this. When I asked if he could honor the reservation he said, "at twice the cost." I will never use Travelocity or Enterprise again.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I inadvertently booked an "economy" package rather than "main cabin". I contacted Travelocity numerous times. Each time, I was treated in a condescending manner and given no assistance whatsoever. Well, except for their generous offer of changing my reservation status for an additional $1620! My husband is very tall and suffers from a bad back and bad knees. If he is forced to sit in a standard airplane seat for 5 hours, he will require a wheelchair to deplane. Plus, he'll likely be miserable during our vacation. This is why I always choose the main cabin option, so I can choose an appropriate seat for my husband. Since Travelocity not allow me to make this very simple change and cause my husband pain, after years of using their service, I will NEVER use Travelocity again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

Original review: April 16, 2019

We booked a package trip only to discover that one of our names were spelled wrong. Tried to get this fixed but with little help from the service department. At best, I received scripted answers to my questions that were of little help. Not once did I get the impression that they cared about fixing the problem. I ended up having to cancel the entire trip and rebooking it. Luckily I had insurance but it still cost us over $500 to do so. I will never book with Travelocity again.

Original review: April 15, 2019

My husband and I were booking a trip for September. I made it to the payment page, put in my information and clicked to move on. The site said that the card information was not valid. I tried one more time before my husband told me to stop because they took money from our account! There was no trip booked, no confirmation, no itinerary yet over 2K was taken from us. We waited over ONE HOUR to finally get someone from Travelocity on the phone. We were back and forth on the phone for 2 hours with our bank and Travelocity just to get our money back that was never authorized! Horrible experience, when we book our trip we will NOT be using Travelocity!

Original review: April 10, 2019

Made a reservation for a one night hotel stay at Days Inn & Suites Wyndham Bentonville, Arkansas. Ten minutes later attempted to cancel reservation due to error in date. Travelocity responded with they would need to contact Days Inn to inquire about a refund on my behalf. Subsequently, shortly thereafter, received an email from Travelocity stating they were unable to give me a refund due to Days Inn's inability and refusal to refund. I contacted Days Inn personally and they denied this claim, stating it was Travelocity that I had paid and they are the ones who would need to refund me. You do not get good business by deception. I DO NOT recommend them and WILL NEVER use again. Be cautious.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I created two packages with 10 family members to travel through Travelocity. I rented two cars one from Enterprise and one through Europcar. Paid in advance like plane and like hotel. WELL, you go to pick up these two cars and guess what, they are NOT available. YOU have to upgrade and they WILL NOT refund the original cars nor use the monies to contribute to the upgrade. YOU my friends will be OUT the 600 USA dollars you put forth to the cars you picked out online. These kids behind the counter CLEARLY are getting a kick-back or a commission on whatever you are charged. BEWARE. FRAUD will be on your mind. AND take photos so they cannot say you damaged the car.

Original review: April 8, 2019

We learned upon our arrival last night, after a 10 hour drive, that Travelocity had not made a reservation for us in Chattanooga at the La Quinta Inn. We were really disappointed with the lack of concern or apology from Travelocity’s customer service. La Quinta couldn’t even get them to answer the phone! Finally, Gabby at the front desk was able to confirm our reservation through Expedia and gave us a nice room. There are lots of choices for travel arrangements and we will not be using Travelocity in the future. 4/8/19.

Original review: April 4, 2019

In an attempt to be proactive and save money, I booked a trip to New Orleans for me and my daughter. I selected specific times as we are meeting friends who are arriving from other States. My flights have changed not once but twice in the last 3 months. I don’t leave for my trip until July. This is an unprofessional way of doing business. We have our entire itinerary confirmed based on our arrival and departure. I recommend going directly to the airline and booking. I will NEVER use Travelocity again and if you value your time and money you will not even try them. Respectfully, Rebecca **.

Original review: April 2, 2019

The competitive prices for flights advertised by Travelocity are misleading. I went through the whole process for 2 flights Dublin to Tampa advertised at €1776. After putting in card details pop up says flight sold out - new price €2650. I complained and was told they worked in a live online environment and this can happen. The next day the same prices are advertised but similarly not available when you go to complete transaction. I guess if you enter data incognito this is a means of identifying your previous interactions. Very bad practice.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Horrific, will never book a room again through Travelocity!! My fiance and I drove 2.5 hrs to Biloxi Ms from La for a show at Beau Rivage. We got to our hotel Holiday Inn Express and were told our room had been canceled no reason or explanation. My fiance stayed on phone for over 30 min waiting to see what happened and if he had his refund. We had to find another room which was almost impossible since almost every hotel was booked!!!

Original review: March 29, 2019

Need to tell you over the phone about 20$ per night “resort fee” at Shephard’s Beach Resort. Need to tell you verbally you may not sit with your loved one on the plane if you purchase basic flight. Customer service on phone was pretty good.

Original review: March 26, 2019

This service should be disbanded, closed and sent back to the Philippines were there the phone center is. I will never deal with them again. They put you in flop motels not decent hotels. This is an atrocity and should be reported everywhere.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Booked flights and hotel but never got confirmation email. When called Travelocity customer service after 30 mins hold they could not see the booking itinerary being confirmed then I saw pending charge on my account. They said they have no idea. "Dispute with your bank that charge and book over the phone again," which I ended up doing with a different card and still didn't get any confirmation. Lady over the phone said airline increased their price now and asking for more money after spending 2 hours. At that point I said, "Please cancel everything." She said ok. She will cancel but I still ended up getting pending charge on my other card I used.

I had such a bad experience. Not only that I spent my whole morning trying to book with them now I have 2 pending charges on my cards that I had to dispute with my bank. What a horrible company. Is this what kind of business is this??? Who does that??? We ended up booking with Expedia and we got confirmation of itinerary within 2 mins.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I bought two airline tickets for myself and a coworker because we were attending a friend's a wedding in Jamaica. I had made a typo with the spelling of her name and the airline did not honor the ticket. I had to repurchase another ticket. I called Travelocity from the airport and several times after I got back to refund the money on the ticket because I had bought the insurance on both tickets and they refused to honor the insurance and didn't give me my money back, so I lost over $650. I will never book any more trips with Travelocity so buyers beware.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I made a hotel reservation through Travelocity and canceled it within 20 minutes, after realizing the hotel was a good distance from the hospital there, which is my sole reason for coming. They told me the hotel would be charging me for one night, and a $216.00 charge was placed on my card. I immediately hung up and called the hotel, after getting nowhere with Travelocity, and the manager of the hotel got on the phone and told me that Travelocity told her the reservation was placed weeks ago, not 20 minutes ago. The manager of Treasure Island Bay Resort in Clearwater, Florida was very nice and could then see online I was telling the truth, and immediately took the charge off. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH TRAVELOCITY. DISHONEST!

Original review: March 15, 2019

My first experience using Travelocity and I will NEVER use them again! We booked a trip to Italy and they cancelled a part of our trip and claimed it was the airlines but rebooked the same flights. After 6 plus hours on the phone I still don’t have my fights confirmed. If you are considering using Travelocity RUN... it’s a SCAM!

Original review: March 14, 2019

Booked a package deal via Travelocity. Booked with the website in the past few times. I guess I was lucky in prior attempts. This time I did the exact same routine, searching for an ALL-INCLUSIVE resort. Booked the hotel/flight. Get there with my wife and as we talk to the hotel representative, I find out that it is not an ALL-Inclusive hotel. 2.5Hrs on the phone with Travelocity representative, followed by Travelocity manager/supervisor. They naturally blamed it on us that we don't know what we are doing. Blatant disregard to their website search engine, which messed up and listed the non-all-inclusive hotel in the wrong category!! Had to pay an additional 650$ for food on top of the 200$ resort fees to an already paid 3300$ for the hotel/flight. Travelocity offered 100$ towards NEXT trip. There won't be a next time. Will never use this garbage website again!!

Original review: March 14, 2019

Just when you need their help... you will not get it... I have been traveling for work for many years and last month I encountered the death of my mother in law and hence need to cancel the flight... I did purchased the travel projection and was expecting the full refund but... No they said they will need charge me the cancellation fee and they will work with the airline to recover the cancellation for me provided me have to provide the death certificate with that I am OK with it.

Now a month through the process and waited for the death certificate to arrive and send it into them... What I got from them now is: "Please go direct to the Airline and deal/claim it by myself". Where is my travel protection? What have we (I and them) been exchanging/requesting this and that for? To all my friends close and far away and who can share this post. Please DO NOT do business with them. We have the power to put them out of business, they don't deserve to be in business for treating us this way.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I booked my Las Vegas room through Travelocity at a pretty good price, just a few dollars off of the normal booking process through the hotel. I thought we'd saved enough from the booking to justify one meal at the buffet. Not a bad trade off. Checking in was a nightmare even though I had both my name and the guest's on the check-in. He wasn't able to check-in, and it took a 45 minute phone call while I was still on the road to get it resolved enough to let him check in. Strike 1.

The hotel room was nice, and the experience to that point was pretty good. Good view, nice services, and good parking. Then it hits. We go to check out and then we are told at the front desk that there is an extra $44 per night resort fee. During purchase and check-in, there was no mention of the fee. During the price breakdown of the room, there was no mention of the fee.

Travelocity advertises a room for, let's just say for example, $220 per night for 4 nights, 'taxes and fees included.' $880 for a room off of the strip, with two beds and adequate space for a cheaper room, not too shabby. THEN, upon checkout, you get hit with $176 in resort fees. Wouldn't those be under the 'fees' portion of 'taxes and fees included,' huh??? Now, the $220 per night room is actually $264 per night. For less than that, we could have been ON the strip! There's no email support, no to Travelocity, nothing like that. So what am I left with? An extra bill and a bad taste in my mouth. Last time I'm using Travelocity, for good.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Alamo in Cozumel Mexico does not honor Travelocity's insurance. Was to Alamo would pick us up from airport. NOT allowed on airport property. Had to walk to office with luggage. Then told no ins. through Travelocity would be honored. Had to buy their 18 dollars a day extra, 2500.00 dollars on my credit card for deposit. Walked out! Contacted Travelocity when I got home and was told, "We didn't know" Right!! Will never use Travelocity again.

Original review: March 6, 2019

So I booked a flight from this company Travelocity. Figured it would be an easier route than trying to build my flight by myself. As I was excited after I had booked my flight they had sent me the wrong confirmation and wanted me to pay an additional $300 for missing my flight because their mess up. They could not fix any of this and offered a extra $6,000 flight for a replacement flight for mine with an additional $300 fee. I would not recommend this booking agent for anyone. It has a 1-star rating and is nothing but full of scam artist. Will never make the mistake of booking with this agent again.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Travelocity gives additional car insurance through Travel Guard which will direct you to AON affinity the insurance provider. I talked to all of them. AON requires:

(page 6 of the policy. ): Look under details. "Rental Vehicle Damage Coverage Proof of Loss: The Insured must provide AON Affinity with the following: (b) a police, accident or incident report which provides details of the event; and NOT your incident report - a POLICE incident report."

IT IS IN WRITING. Writing is what counts. The police do not necessarily provide a report for minor damage. Are you going to drive to the police station to show the policeman a one inch scratch? But you will be sure that when you return the car they will see it. If therefore there is minor damage YOU will pay. AON has no legal obligation to pay for this damage. Beware. Remember it is what is in writing that counts. Verbal assurances are worth nothing. You have been warned. By the way. Travelocity call center help I located by a Google search. Travelocity webpage has NO phone number to call. This is a clear indication that they do not want to talk to you. Forget them.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I booked a hotel for almost $3000. When I got the confirmation, the promo code was not added. I cancelled immediately. I was told that they would keep 90% of my money because the hotel refused to give me a refund. I did want to rebook the hotel, just wanted the correct price. Travelocity would not help and now they have 90% of my money and I do not have a hotel room!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I booked a round trip flight and hotel to Boulder Colorado. I selected the flight to Denver from New Orleans and from Denver back to New Orleans. I paid for whole trip including the hotel room. Then I looked at agenda. It had me going but no return trip. I called Travelocity immediately, they said yes a problem of some sort occurred. They called Frontier Airlines then told me that I had to book with them directly for another 178.00 each. I cancelled the whole trip, I had to stay on the phone for over an hour talking to different people to get cancellation processed. To sum up - SCAM!!! Never again. Please use other legitimate travel sites.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I tried to book a flight on Travelocity this past week. I had already given them my credit card information when a pop up told me the flight was now sold out. I went back and went through the process once again with a slightly different and more expensive flight. As I was processing my request another pop up came on staying the price had now gone up from $834 to $1097 could be off by a couple of dollars), and telling me I had better book right away to guarantee the higher price. I decided to try another agent. I received a confirmed ticket on essentially the same itinerary for $734, $360 less than Travelocity. Just to check, I went back to Travelocity, and both the “sold out flight” and the higher priced flight were still listed, neither at the $360 increase they claimed. I have done business with Travelocity for years and years. No more.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Travelocity switches the total cost of its pricing when you confirm booking. When all info has been typed in and credit card applied, the price changes to add an additional 10% to the order stating "We hate when this happens, but the price of your trip has gone up by..." Blah, blah blah. When I questioned a Travelocity CS person they stated that this happens occasionally. But 3 days in a row, at different times and always when I select the "book this trip" button? BS folks! What kind of game is this? I won't use them again.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

By far the worst of the discount travel sites. I found employees to be rude and condescending. The supervisor handling my complaint was confrontational. As a 24 year veteran of the United States military never have I encountered such a disrespectful attitude from someone in a service oriented business. I mistakenly made a hotel reservation on a different island than I was scheduled to visit. 2 minutes later realizing my mistake Travelocity outright refused to correct the issue. They not only ruined a vacation for myself but especially for my 9 year old daughter. Do your homework. AVOID THIS WEBSITE AT ALL COST!

Travelocity expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Travelocity is a Dallas-based travel company owned by Sabre Corporation, a travel technology company that has been in business since 1960.

• Hotels: Travelocity lists rooms from over 271,000 hotels around the world.

• Inspirational guides: Vacationers who don't know where to go can use Travelocity guides to get inspired.

• Mobile app: Travelocity's mobile app offers exclusive discounts and lets travelers access their reservations on the go.

• Vacation packages: Vacation packages can help travelers save money getting to and staying in their destination cities.

• Price guarantee: Travelocity will match better deals and give customers $50 travel coupons for future trips.

• Best for: Budget, domestic and international travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs