2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.17/5

Travelocity Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

Reserved travel reservations thru Travelocity, because of the covid virus, we and the airlines cancelled the trip. Received all refunds from hotels and tours and all the airlines, some in credit except for American Airlines. Very costly flights from CVG to Healthrow. Travelocity in an email to me stated a dollar amount that would be refunded in about 8 weeks. About 8 weeks later received a partial refund. Called and spoke to people at travelocity about the missing monies. Depending on who I talked to, received different stories ending with and get this one, you received the missing part of your refund 7 months Before you cancelled the trip. Which checking with my credit card is totally a lie. Strongly suggest everyone use a different travel agency.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

I will not recommend Travelocity to anybody again. Travelocity will sell you the tickets in ten minutes, but if you have any issues with your flight (changes) and you want a refund of your many, they won't help you. I have bought tickets trough Travelocity ($1,400) to travel (internationally) and there were many changes in the airline policies and in the itinerary as well. They offered me a refund due to these changes and suddenly they just back up and refuse to give me a full refund. My family is not even allowed to enter the destination due to COVID-19. How in the world they can deny you a refund and not give you your money back!? Again! We are not even allowed to enter the country!!

They won't help you, they will try to convince you that is your fault and ultimately your responsibility to deal with it. They are very good at making you think that is not their responsibility to keep you up-to-date on any Airline changes. They are willing to sell you these issues at any cost!. Very frustrated and disappointed. The Airline is American Airlines by the way. DO NOT BUY TICKETS THROUGH TRAVELOCITY!

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

Like many other travelers our flights were cancelled to Peru in early April due to Covid and once we saw that things didn't look to get any better we decided to get our money back. When we called Travelocity they advised us to contact the Airline (Latam) so we did. Latam then advised us that we needed to go through Travelocity so we called them again. Travelocity advised us that this was incorrect and they would contact the airline and get back to us (which they never did) so I followed up (There were several calls back and forth trying to get a hold of a Supervisor to escalate the issue since Travelocity Reps would tell us one thing and the airline would tell us another). When I finally got ahold of a Travelocity Supervisor he advised me that they had contacted the airline and that the refund process would take 12 weeks. I then received an email from Travelocity requesting our passport numbers so that they could finish processing our refund with the airline.

I called around week 4 and 6 to follow up. The rep advised me that they still hadn't received anything from the airline. Now it's week 14, I called the airline and they advised me that their last communication with Travelocity was 14 weeks ago when they called to find out about the process of refunds however they had not submitted any documentation for the request. I called Travelocity and was advised by the rep that a supervisor had already put in the request, when I confronted him with the information the airline gave me he "put me on hold" and then hung up. I waited a few minutes (because they always as for a number "just in case the call drops") but no he never called back. And here I am waiting another hour on hold and 14 weeks with no refund and no answers.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

We needed a last minute one way rental due to no flying on pandemic. Car rentals are always changeable and cancels allowed. Their headline says "free cancel on most cars" "Because flexibility matter". Travelocity's own words on their 2nd line of first page. Plans changed within 48 hours, wanted to add days or cancel. They refused. Would not provide a phone number. Spent hours and they are trying to bill us $200. They blamed Thrifty car rental. Thrifty says not so. Would never trust Travelocity. They lied, hid corporate phone number. Wasted 5 hours of my time. Lied to us several times. One chat room said I was not allowed to "escalate" this any further. Crooked, rude, arrogant, and would never use this company again.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

I booked 2 rooms through Travelocity for a business trip as I own 2 businesses. I cancelled the free cancellation rooms 48 hours prior to check in due to a category 2 hurricane hitting our home town within hours of my calling both the property and Travelocity. They told me, "No problem. Thanks for calling.." AS THEY'RE TAKING 781.67 OUT OF MY CHECKING ACCOUNT! I called and called and called! I even broke out with acting like I had no home training which kinda worked as they refunded me 100 bucks???? NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. I'VE HIRED AN ATTORNEY..

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

Details are too long to put in here, but after 3 1/2 hours talking with the corporate office! About buying 2 upcoming flights I am taking.... they basically said, "Too bad and we are sorry! Nor do we compensate for our OWN mistakes!" I LOST WAGES BECAUSE I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH THEM so long!! ONLY ONE PERSON SPOKE ENGLISH, THAT I I COULD UNDERSTAND!!! Company should be investigated by a government agency!!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I booked a room through Travelocity as my husband and I were taking a road trip from SC to PA. We took this trip because my husband has Stage IV cancer and he wanted to see family in his home town. We broke the trip up best we could but he was unable to make it any further on the night we booked one room, so we "cancelled" and stopped an hour shorter than originally planned. Three (3!) times I was told that they had called the hotel and the manager who needed to approve was unavailable, and then actually promised the "amazing follow up team" at Travelocity would call when the manager was supposed to be available and get back to me.

Fast forward and I just had the same conversation for the fourth time, only I was not given any false promises. I was simply told they were "sorry". And, they offered a voucher for $50 but why would I want to use this service again?!?! The reps all blamed the hotel for their policies but perhaps Travelocity shouldn't partner with a hotel that is seemingly so unavailable. I truly doubt they even called at all. I called the hotel myself. Thanks for nothing, Travelocity.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

In Dec 2019 (before the pandemic), I booked a non-refundable hotel, airfare and shuttle package from Travelocity for June 2020 to Rome. I also purchased a separate travel insurance policy with Nationwide (they won't help). Travelocity refunded the air and shuttle, but not the hotel, even though the hotel emailed me that they had approved my refund. I'm very disappointed and won't use Travelocity again! They stole my money!

Original review: July 31, 2020

Do not use this third party. The rates look like a good deal, but I'm telling you it is absolutely not worth it. I understand that there is some confusion with processes during COVID-19, but we are now 5 months in and I am still having the same communication issues with this company. It's constantly a "he said she said" excuse between the airline (AerLingus) and Travelocity, first with how I can get a refund (which it turns out I can't get even though there was an international travel ban beyond my control), then how to use the airline credits (which have to be used by August 1st or they are no longer valid... sounds illegal), and what the credits apply to exactly (flights only apparently, no excursions, no hotels, according to Travelocity even though Aer Lingus says this is not the case) and let's not forget that if your new flight costs less than the original you just lose out on that money.

I have spent WELL OVER 15 hours on the phone with Travelocity. They constantly say one thing and then reveal another hoop I have to jump through. It has been one thing after another with these companies and I can only imagine the amount of money they are scamming off of other people. After hours online and on the phone I'm losing $150, which may sound small, but this is only after I've argued for hours. Otherwise I'd be losing $963. As a part time student and a full time employee, this is not time or money easily replaced. Never again will I book through this company. Never.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I used Travelocity to make my fight plans in May 2020 and due to COVID19 I was given no choice and had to cancel my flights. Not my choice! If I chose to cancel my flight I would expect to have penalties, but this was NOT my choice. On July 27, 2020, I used my "credit" from May for new flights. The flight is now cheaper and I find out that because flights are cheaper-travelocity gets to keep $250.00. Travelocity did not let me keep the balance for a future flight credit or upgrade this flight. I was just informed that I forfeit the balance. Travelocity used a pandemic to make money--very bad business.

Travelocity author review by ConsumerAffairs

Travelocity is a Dallas-based travel company owned by Sabre Corporation, a travel technology company that has been in business since 1960.

• Hotels: Travelocity lists rooms from over 271,000 hotels around the world.

• Inspirational guides: Vacationers who don't know where to go can use Travelocity guides to get inspired.

• Mobile app: Travelocity's mobile app offers exclusive discounts and lets travelers access their reservations on the go.

• Vacation packages: Vacation packages can help travelers save money getting to and staying in their destination cities.

• Price guarantee: Travelocity will match better deals and give customers $50 travel coupons for future trips.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team