1.04/5
Based on 121 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a travel site?

Travelocity

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Feb. 16, 2018

1254 Travelocity Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Never again will I book through them. I got my departure confirmation within five minutes but didn't receive my confirmation for my return flight. I freaked out. I Facebook messaged Travelocity & it took the person forever to respond and finally they tell me they only have confirmation of my departure flight. I ask them to double check since the funds came out of my account. Same response. About 30 minutes later I finally received my confirmation email from Spirit for my return flight. Again, I wanted Travelocity to confirm. I email this time and provide my confirmation codes for both flights AND THEY STILL COULDN'T FIND MY RETURN FLIGHT. At this point, I'm freaking out. I check with Frontier for my departure flight and they confirm. I check with Spirit and they confirm. Never again will I use Travelocity. They don't know what they are doing.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I've used Travelocity multiple times for flights, hotels, and vacation packages. I've never had an issue with them until recently. I was looking at vacation packages for Pueblo Bonito Pacifica one night, and it was $9/night to add on the all inclusive package. Came back the next day to check prices and the all inclusive option skyrocketed to $179/night. This is just ridiculous and absolutely absurd. How does pricing go up that high OVERNIGHT??! An inexpensive vacation has now turned into a mortgage payment!

I looked on Bookit.com and the price has NOT gone up for the exact same package. So why is Travelocity charging so much? They are all about profit! They charge you more than what the flight, hotel, vacation package is even worth so they can pocket the rest of that money. I also notice they have those bogus deals where they say book this hotel and get flight 100% free. THAT IS NOT POSSIBLE!! You go back and look 2 hours later and the price is the same, but now it's a completely different deal. Book now and get one night free, get 100% off flight, etc. Expedia and Travelocity both need to be shut down.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

The airline emailed me and told me there was a change in my flight. It went to a non-stop to a one stop plane transfer. I called the Travelocity to see if I could change the flight and both times I called it was answered by a trained person with a heavy accent. Then after many questions they transferred me to another department where I was on hold with no answer. I will NEVER use Travelocity again!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

In a nutshell I was trying to book 2 airline tickets and the price was exactly what I wanted, I entered my credit card info and it was taking an incredibly long time to process. Then a msg pops up & says to try again. I do and it tells me my flights went up by almost $500??? I believe Travelocity is advertising false prices and booking people in and then during checkout they suddenly up the price and say “oh this is real-time. The price must’ve gone up during your booking time.” Absolute ** and I am calling our attorney.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Travelocity is a scam. They just want to rip you off. This is what happen to me. I was trying to book four bundle deals with them to go to Punta Cana with my family and every time I go to check out the price will go significantly up and when I book it and try to speak to someone on the phone to cancel them immediately 'cause the fourth package they wanted a lot more money than what’s online. They refuse to give me my money back and get me on the phone for hours and I speak with a lot of people who promise to help me get in contact with the hotel and no one help me at all. No one contact the hotel.

They just wanted to keep my money and hope I will go away. They push you around and promise me I will get my money back and I am still waiting for it. This is the worst company. The site said you get your money back within 24 hours of booking, that’s a scam. A big scam. Stay away from this company 'cause if something happen they will not help you. They just want your money. They only want your money and tell you something else and do another.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Contacted Travelocity via phone to obtain information on flight cancellation and effect on insurance claim. Three calls, averaging 15+ minutes and all were dropped while waiting for a supervisor. The worst company to deal with. Shame on me for not checking its ratings. First time using THEM and the last. Stay away.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I bought a ticket with full insurance. I called in to cancel the flight a few ways before and they wanted to give me a credit with AA. I asked for the manager. The full insurance I bought for a refund may possibly be refunded if approved by the third party Travel Guard, and they will require medical proof that my wife cannot fly. I want a refund because I bought the insurance for $60 that states on their website I will get a full refund. They actually said to read the fine print. (SCAM)! This company are scam artist. DO not use them. They will keep your money no matter what. They will try to give you credit. Read the other reviews for that!!! Horrendous! They need to be shut down! I'm calling AA next!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Never get a service with them, when you call managers are despot answering customers as wherever with an attitude of kings, you have to wait on the phone for more than 1 hour and the service is horrible. I will never used the service again and what I was their rate is 1 due the bad customer service. Hope people check customer's review before to use Travelocity service.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I could tell you the long story or the short story. The short story is this: don't use Travelocity. If you need to change your flight, you will spend hours (as in many hours) on the phone, you will repeat your requirements to multiple people, then they will charge you for the most expensive flight they can find. Use Expedia.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I'm trying to book flight plus hotel package to Tokyo, Japan. Every time I choose my package, choose my room and flights I get a certain price, but after pressing the button CONTINUE BOOKING, I get the following message: We hate when this happens. The price of your trip has changed from $3,221.03 to $5,695.37. Really? $2.5K in price change? Other packages change from $2,800 to $6,500. They seriously think I'm going to pay extra $2-$4K per package??? Are they out of their mind??? I'm beyond disappointed!!!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

The site Travelocity uses to enter flight information creates a problem for users as it can load the first name of the credit card holder in place of the actual traveler in error. For example: My wife made an airline reservation with my credit card. The airline ticket was made with my name not hers as the actual traveler. When we tried to correct the name with Travelocity they refused to change the first name on the ticket. We bought travel insurance on the ticket to cancel. They still refused, it was for death or hospitalization only. So we lost the full amount of the ticket just due to a first name change.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I had booked two rooms for 5 nights in a hotel in Aruba 24th-29th on Travelocity, all was fine until the second couple couldn't come till the 25th- then enter the morons at Travelocity!!! I asked them to cancel the first night and add one more night - simple right? No. The person I spoke to unbeknownst to me went ahead and cancelled the WHOLE room for the ENTIRE stay!!! Even though I reiterated the fact that it was for just the ONE night. They never sent a notice of cancellation or anything at all -so imagine my surprise a week ago when I called the hotel to request some services that they only had ONE reservation!!! I immediately called Travelocity and inquired as to what had happened to the second reservation- "YOU CANCELLED IT" they said to which I replied, "Absolutely not!!!" Anyway fast forward through all the arguing and now the hotel is booked and the difference to book what they have left is $5000!!!

They say "Book it, we will listen to the phone conversation you had with the agent, if we are at fault we will refund the $5000 difference, you must call us back in 48hrs to check to see if we decided that we are at fault." Fast forward 48hrs, one day before we are due to leave, I spend over one hour on hold, the agent gets on the phone and she reads a 2min piece of a 27 minute transcript from the phone call -where it was clearly stated that I had said "cancel one room for one night." Even after hearing that, Travelocity had decided that they were not at fault, because at some point the agent said "cancel one room?" And I said "yes for one night"- they have determined that they will NOT cover the difference!!! I will never ever use them again, so disgusted with their lack of customer service and integrity - worth noting also that Expedia owns Travelocity as well as Trivago, Hotels.com, Hotwire and other travel search engines so BEWARE!!!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I have not seen 1 good review for this company. Why are they being allowed to continue sapping the life out of customers? Anyway, I booked a flight for my fiance, but purchased cancellation insurance for the ticket. She could not make it to the departure city, which is 4 hours away from where she lives. I call Travelocity who informs me I have to file an insurance claim to get my money back, which was annoying. I have the flu and am really not in the mood for a hassle. Then, when I go to file the claim, I had to use her last name, when I insured the ticket, not the traveler. There was no option to have the money placed back onto my credit card, and all I could provide was my home address without my name. What kind of crap is this?

I can tell this is going to be nonsense, even though the Travelocity guy said they would return the funds to my credit card. How can they do that when the claim form didn't ask for my card #? I don't think Travel Guard can see who purchased the ticket or the cancellation plan; just the traveler's name. Oh boy! Never again. It's misleading even to call this a cancellation plan when it's travel insurance. I'll deal directly with the airline from now on, because this is pure poo-poo in the making. When the price seems too good to be true, it usually is. SMH.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Travelocity is the worse company I have ever dealt with. They are scam artists. They have stolen money from my checking account. They have false advertising... saying you can cancel but won’t let you.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

In the Fall of 2017 we had to cancel a trip to the USVI after the devastation of 2 hurricanes. Travelocity informed us that the airlines (AA and Delta) were issuing full refund with no re-ticketing fees and I was left with a $3000 credit on my Travelocity account. I've tried to use the credit several times and every time there is a hitch on their end. Here's the most recent: Travelocity and AA both show a one way flight from Lawton, OK to Raleigh, NC as $453. When I call to use my credit to purchase that flight (you can't use credits online so be prepared for hours on the phone!), I was told that the ticket price was $800 if I was going to use my credit (despite their website and AA's website showing a price of $453 during the entire 2 hour call). RUN, RUN, RUN, as fast as you can, away from Travelocity as a service provider. Much easier to work directly with the airline!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

We purchased a 2 night stay through Travelocity with a hotel in North Florida. We had a long drive and didn't get to hotel until the early morning. We confirmed with Travelocity that our reservation was confirmed. We paid IN FULL both nights. Upon arrival the hotel told us that there was no room reserved and we couldn't do anything about it. We called Travelocity and they said it's the responsibility of the hotel. Well we put in a complaint with our bank because we paid for 2 rooms in full that we didn't get to use. Travelocity kept the money and didn't offer anything to us. MY FAMILY AND MY COMPANY WILL NEVER BOOK THROUGH YOUR TRAVEL SITE AGAIN. Worst customer service and completely unfair when it comes to booking.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I did a search via Travelocity to find a pet friendly motel. I stupidly assumed when there are search for a certain type of motel/hotel that only these type of motels would show up. That did not happen, and we were booked in a very non pet friendly motel. We had to make other arrangements after this debacle. We had to drive a extra thirty minutes, waste time and money! I will never use Travelocity again.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I will never book through Travelocity again. The Four Queens made us stay in a smoking room even though we had booked requesting non smoking. The rooms were worn out and filthy. The staff said they could not give us better rooms because we booked through Travelocity. The casino staff at the tables were rude.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

After I stood in line at the Stratosphere for 30 min to check in, they told me that my check out time would be Thursday. I said, "No here is my email from Travelocity and it say Friday just like I requested." The lady says, "Well we only have you booked in our system until Thursday and you will need to call Travelocity." When I did I was pretty much called a liar and I only booked until Thursday and the confirmation I had really didn't matter. Wasted a lot of time over $70 but that's not the point. I own a car dealership and we strive for customer experience and this was not a good customer experience. We travel a lot and send our employees on lots of training out of state. I will be looking for a new way of planning future trips.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I booked a round trip with car rental and hotel through Travelocity. The flight was the only thing that was fine. I got off the plane and went straight to the car rental place (Avis). They told me that I couldn’t get my car that I already paid for because I am only 20. On the Travelocity website, it says if you’re underage they will charge you extra. Which I was fine with because I already knew that. Had to call Travelocity to get my money back and had to go through a different car rental place (Hertz). They took me and charged me extra, but they only had an SUV which is way more expensive than a car. After I got my car I went to my hotel I booked. The worker asked for my name and I gave it to her then she said she has nobody by that name.

I pulled up my Travelocity account and showed her that it was booked. She said there was nothing she can do about it and I would have to call Travelocity because she was out of rooms for that night. Called Travelocity AGAIN. Sat at the hotel I originally booked for over an HOUR while on the phone with Travelocity. They refunded my money and tried to relocate me to a different hotel. The lady I was on the phone with kept putting me on hold to call another hotel and every time she put me off hold she would say “sorry miss but the hotels around you are all booked.” Like that helped. (It was harder to find a hotel because I’m not 21 yet. Most hotels' check in age are 21). My own mom ended up finding me a hotel so I hung up the phone with Travelocity. Called in the morning to make sure they refunded my money and gave me $200 dollars for a future trip. That’s it. Do not use Travelocity!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I booked a trip through Travelocity just prior to the hurricanes this past season. My travel destination in St. Thomas was destroyed, and with no intention to rebuild that specific home, I had to cancel my trip. When I made my travel plans, I purchased the travel insurance that was suggested by Travelocity. When my vacation house was destroyed, I was told that the fine print indicates that I have to be the owner of the house in order to get any type of refund awarded by my insurance. I found this vacation rental on VRBO.com, and I don't know about you, but I'm not aware of many people who vacation to their OWN HOMES. It was suggested by the insurance company that I call Travelocity directly, which I did, multiple times.

They've told me that if I cancel or reroute my trip, I can get a $400 credit for each round trip ticket, but to get that credit, I would have to pay a $250 charge per each round trip ticket, lessening my credit to just $150 per round trip ticket. I paid just over $1000 for each round trip ticket. And that's in addition to the new fees should I decide to reroute to another destination. Even WITH the credit, I am out in excess of $2000, and no one on Travelocity's end seems to care that an act of God derailed my trip, and the insurance that THEY referred me to, and I paid for, is of no use to me.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

They will charge you double and will never return your extra charged fee unless you call them more than 100 times. Some representative will listen to you for 30 min and will either disconnect you or they will transfer to another customer representative. It's a nightmare when you book your ticket with them.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Do not purchase Travelocity's insurance - there are so many loopholes. It's a waste of money. When I attempted to argue the point (they refused to cover a legitimate change fee) they kept me on the phone for over 30 minutes and kept telling me the same thing over and over - even after I repeatedly asked for them to stop and just book the flight. All told, Travelocity cost me over $800 in fees and alternate tickets that I should not have had to pay. I had been a loyal user for years and now will not only not use but will discourage others. They had the opportunity to do this right and keep a long-term customer but they chose not to.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Booked a round trip ticket with flight insurance. In the event of illness, injury and so on. I opted to pay additional money for this plan due to my having Osteoarthritis and a severe case at that. It turns out the night of my return trip I experienced severe muscle spasms in my neck and down my left arm. Unable to drive my rental car to airport leaving me trying to contact airline directly to no avail. I contacted Travelocity where they charged me 739.00 for new flight. Zero credit for flight I had paid for and insured. Referred me to a third party (ins co), and to simply start a claim to retrieve my original return flight amount, I have pages of paperwork and need a doctor's excuse to boot. I would have never spent the additional money if I thought it would not be useful.

In addition the second flight I booked they managed to book under my daughter's name and so I spent hours in line to find out I could not board the plane due to this. Telephoned Travelocity from airport to see if they could correct their error before boarding time, and no they could not even with a 2 hour plus window. They did credit my account for this however, I now had to book another flight that left 5 hours later which I forementioned was 739.00 approximately 300.00 more than the earlier flight. Travelocity gladly charged me 651.96 for their booking services!!! I would not recommend, but discourage anyone using this company. As for myself if they were selling the last ticket to heaven I would decline!!!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

These are the sequence of events: My brother-in-law living in Toronto breathed his last on Sep 30th, while I was in India. His services was scheduled for Oct 12th in Toronto. On Oct 4th, I booked my plane tickets as well as hotel (Trinity Suites) through Travelocity for 11th, Oct. The hotel price was $138.01. However, they charged me $199.00 on my credit card. On Oct 6th - 7th, while I was travelling back from India to the US, I received an email from Travelocity saying that I need to provide proof of identity via email and they wanted the following: A copy of your government issued ID and a picture of the name on the credit card, and the last 4 digits - within 2 hours for last minute bookings, and 24 hours for other bookings (please do not send a picture with the full credit card details).

I got in touch with Travelocity on Oct 9th, and told them that I am NOT going to provide govt. issued ID cards through unsecured emails and also complained about the sudden hike in prices from $138.01 to $199. They volunteered to talk to Trinity Suites and get the reservation cancelled. I also talked to Trinity Suites answering services several times and they only assured me that the booking was on track. Just before taking my flights to Toronto on Oct 11th, I received an email from Travelocity that Trinity Suites has refused to cancel my reservation. I talked to them and they assured me that if I show them my ID and CC when I reach, it would be fine.

I went to the Trinity Suites premises at 2.30 PM on the 11th, but I was told that I need to get the instructions from the owners. I called the Trinity Suites answering service at least 3 - 4 times and was told that the instructions should come to me before 4.00 PM which is the check-in time. I talked to Travelocity representatives also during this time who assured me of the reservation. Finally at 4:15 pm, when I called the Trinity Suites answering service, they told me that I will NOT be getting instructions since I refused to email them my govt. issued ID card and CC information. I called Travelocity shortly after to register my complaint and suddenly I received an email from Travelocity that my hotel reservation has been cancelled. Travelocity informed me on Oct 20 that no refund will be available to me. Travelocity along with Trinity Suites in Toronto are engaged in fraudulent activities.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I booked a flight and decided on a 2 stop (3planes) before final destination as it was the least expensive. The airline ended up canceling my 2nd plane 2 weeks before my trip. I never found out as Travelocity (nor the airline) sent me any notice. When I go online to do the check in the day before is when I find out. I called the airline first and they blamed Travelocity so they did not help me.

I called Travelocity and after being transferred to a second customer service-after a 32 min wait call-it took them 2 additional hrs of looking in their system to find me a flight and then had to wait additional 42 min for them to get "permission" from the airline to change my flight. I will NEVER again book with Travelocity or any other of these "middleman" companies for that matter. I felt helpless at their mercy to find another flight after the mess up. If they work with all these airlines, why did it take so long to rebook me?? I'm sure they were trying to find again a cheap flight and were willing to make me lose my vacation at my expense.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I booked a $130 flight through them and purchased a $20 flight CANCELLATION PLAN because I knew there was a possibility that I may need to cancel the flight. I found out almost a week before the flight that I did have to cancel it. When I called to cancel it they refused to refund my money because of the airline's policy. It is absolute nonsense. The bottom line is they are stealing money from people. Don't use this website.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Had to change flights due to cruise line cancelling cruise due to hurricane Maria. American Airlines issued a Special Travel Notice Affecting Cruise Customers waiving all change fees. Travelocity had already charged me $800 in change fees that American Airlines state they should not have. Travelocity refuses to refund or credit the overpayment. None of the 6 people I have spoken to at Travelocity can speak decent English and they all tell me a different story contradicting themselves and each other. Most stated I was not charged change fees. However, I have their itemization of what I was charged and it clearly shows I was charged $800 in change fees. Trying to resolve with American Airlines. Will never do business with Travelocity/Expedia again and suggest anyone else think twice. You are not saving money but only asking for grief.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Unfortunately I had to cancel a trip booked on Travelocity. I was sent a note that I would have a credit with Travelocity and I understood there would be a $200 change fee when using the credit. I called Travelocity which took an extended amount of time to get through and they told me the route I wanted to use the credit on was not available. Huh? I could have booked a new reservation right then on their site but somehow I couldn't use a credit to book it? They will find every excuse they can to not let you use the credit, I expect because they get to keep the credit. Do yourself a favor and find another booking site. I know I will for all future bookings.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

On Sep 21 I sit down in front of my computer to plan my next family vacation, after I hit Submit I became aware of 2 mistakes on my vacation package, the first one was my own mistake (I misspell my wife name), the second one was a change on return flight that I did not select. Trying to solve issue #2 through online links on the website end up costing me ($140 X 3 Tickets) more due cancellation charges added by American Airlines. Calling and waiting 45 min on the line (both American Airlines and Travelocity) did not help on reversing the transaction or fixing my wife name on the tickets. 3 hours after the transaction I called Travelocity and decided to cancel everything. Even they have a 24 hour no fee cancellation policy (including American Airlines) I was left with $1200.00 dollars to pay on my credit card. I am still fighting the charges. I will never use this service again.

Travelocity expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Travelocity is a Dallas-based travel company owned by Sabre Corporation, a travel technology company that has been in business since 1960.

• Hotels: Travelocity lists rooms from over 271,000 hotels around the world.

• Inspirational guides: Vacationers who don't know where to go can use Travelocity guides to get inspired.

• Mobile app: Travelocity's mobile app offers exclusive discounts and lets travelers access their reservations on the go.

• Vacation packages: Vacation packages can help travelers save money getting to and staying in their destination cities.

• Price guarantee: Travelocity will match better deals and give customers $50 travel coupons for future trips.

• Best for: Budget, domestic and international travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

www.travelocity.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use