2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.25/5

Travelocity Reviews

Original review: May 30, 2020

Back in February, we booked a flight so that we could take a trip to meet someone special for the first time. My sisters and I found Travelocity to have a great deal on a flight so we jumped on it right away. When COVID - 19 hit we canceled the flight for our March trip. Travelocity was helpful and gave us a credit for our flight. On May 23, last week, we decided to go ahead and use the credit to rebook the flight. When we looked, we found the price to be a $100 less than the original flight. With three of us traveling, this would leave us with a credit of $300 and some change. When we spoke to Travelocity, they notified us that we would not receive any credit back for the remainder. We decided it was ok because we had originally paid more but this trip was worth it. After the new flight was booked with Travelocity, we received our new itinerary but we received our old E-Tickets. This phone call took 2 hours.

On May 24th, Feeling confused, we called them back the next day. When we told them of their mistake, they apologized and told us that they would re-issue. This phone call took 1.5 hours. On May 25th, We had to call again. The new tickets issued were again the same old flight with the new itinerary. They again apologized and we asked to speak to a supervisor. They re-issued them again and we were even able to select our seats. We asked them if they could stay on the phone while we waited to see if it was correct. They assured us that everything was fixed and the new tickets would be the correct ones but that the new tickets could take up to 24-48 hours to process. This phone call took 3.5 hours.

May 26, nothing yet. May 27, Tickets arrived. Still wrong. Same problem. It was my sisters birthday so I didn't wasn't feeling up to getting frustrated so I didn't call that day. Even though it did weigh on me that day. May 29, After I finished my work that morning, my dad and I sat down to call Travelocity. I waited on hold for 2.5 hours until someone answered and I was able to tell my story. She put me on hold for another hour and then someone else came on and we had to tell the story again. We asked to speak to a supervisor and were put on hold again. Every 30 minutes the sales rep (who was very nice) continued to check in with us apologizing for the wait.

When we received the supervisor another 2 hours had passed and we had to retell our story. After the supervisor checked our account she apologized and told us that it was a problem with their ticketing dept. She then put us on hold again and then came back to say that we needed to pay more in order to get the tickets. We asked her why that was our fault. We told her that we had originally reserved the flight through them on the 23rd of May. She said that there was no way to get the tickets unless each passenger paid $87 dollars more. Feeling frustrated we told her that it needed to be fixed and that it was not our problem. She then said that she would connect us to her supervisor.

After 1.5 hours,she connected us to United Airlines. That was confusing. We spoke to a very kind man who gave us the same information. He apologized and told us that our problem needed to be worked out with Travelocity. We were done!!!! We will NEVER use Travelocity again!!!! When we got off the phone, we called United Airlines directly and were able to use our credit. We were very kindly treated and the process took 30 minutes to complete. I only hope that when we get our email, we get tickets we can actually use. Sorry it is so long but this is not supposed to happen.

Original review: May 28, 2020

My boyfriend and I are both young and able to adapt when needed so I figured it wouldn’t be too inconvenient to book with Travelocity. We did this knowing that any part of our trip would be difficult to change so we decided to try to save some money. Then the pandemic hit. Ok no big deal, we bought the insurance anyway. Not wanting to go to Hawaii during this virus, we decided to cancel our July trip in March. Turns out, they wouldn’t even take my call until a week before the trip. I tried calling after looking online and finding out I can’t use the insurance on the website and would have to call. If I just cancelled the trip online we’d be out half the cost of the hotel. So this would be hanging over our head for two months.

Mid May I decided to try to call again and they actually took my call. Well, more so than last time. Instead of just informing me that my trip was too far away for the call to be taken, I was put on hold. Forever. The same crappy music for hours. This is after I spent so long on the website trying so hard to find a way to cancel the trip and just get the money back. I gave up calling for now and had my boyfriend call. They took his call after about a half hour and once he finally talked to a representative, she told him she was pulling up his itinerary and then she hung up on him. Overall this was a very stressful experience during a very stressful time and will never be using travelocity again.

Another note: travelocity has the same deals as every other travel website like it. If you leave the page and go back to it, the cheap deals will be “gone” because they were “bought.” I’d go to that website again with a different device sometime later and suddenly those same cheaper deals are there. I think it’s a scummy thing to do, to trick customers into thinking they have to buy quick because the trip is so high in demand.

On top of all this, I do not recommend Travelocity because their app is hard to use and navigate to find things you need, as well as all the asterisks and small print that reveals so many things. I did not feel good about making a reservation through a third party service when it says in small print at the bottom of the page “these room requests have been passed on to the hotel but they will not be confirmed and are subject to availability at the time of check-in”. Does that mean there’s a chance I paid for a hotel that might not have a place available and I won’t receive a confirmation that my room has actually been reserved? The whole process is stressful and not worth it. Not happy with how this company has handled the pandemic.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 18, 2020

Hard to contact. Had a non refundable reservation for Even Hotel Brooklyn September 1 for two rooms. Cancelled due to Doctor recommendation not to visit New York City. I am 73 years old & a High risk person. NO REFUND.

Original review: May 12, 2020

In Dec 2019 we purchased an upcoming graduation vaca trip (haven't been on real vaca for 17 years)! Colorado to Mexico City to Huatulco and back to Colorado at a $4,405. purchase price! That is a lot of money to us! Been responsibly trying to get in touch with Travelocity since March 2020 to cancel - via chat, self-service, CS phone - all with zero luck or zero results. I finally get an email to cancel and follow its instructions with relief that the trip is going to be canceled and refunded. Only to start receiving several other emails to cancel again and again and again - instead of have just one CANCEL button, they try to make it more difficult so that you miss something and your refund will be forfeited.

I also purchased the Travelocity insurance at the time of booking and should have had zero problems with all of this but it has been a nightmare and is still unresolved. They have kept me on hold - not just at the point of calling, no, upon an agent answering (a supervisor supposedly) and telling me she is going to look into it and then 1 hour and 30 some minutes later the call disconnects and I have to begin again.

It is May 12, 2020, and due to the pandemic (covid19), I don't get to go on this trip but I also apparently don't get our trip expense savings back either. Their continued message loop states you can get on social media as well to help resolve during the pandemic.... except for that is a deceptive fallacious bunch of nonsense too! They are NOT trying to help their customers because everything is big-business driven and NOT consumer driven. It is disgusting that I have had to go through 2 months of this craziness with NO results or outcome. The FTC will be getting a complaint but meanwhile, we are out the only money we had. My graduation present and savings.

Resolution response: May 13, 2020

So pleased with the resolution of this issue. Travelocity is giving us a full refund.

Original review: May 12, 2020

I am so upset. I had booked two rooms for two nights for my son’s graduation from Penn State University. Unfortunately due to the pandemic the graduation ceremony was canceled and made a virtual ceremony instead. I called immediately and was told that if the hotel the Altoona Grand Hotel would approve the refund Travelocity would refund me. I spoke with the hotel and they approved the refund. Travelocity the told me they changed the protocol and would only give me a voucher for the same hotel at a later date. Since it was only needed for the cancelled graduation that is valueless to me. Shame on Travelocity. How can you be so heartless during such difficult times. Beware anyone thinking of booking a trip through them. I’d use another vendor.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

Original review: May 11, 2020

I paid for flight for my student daughter from France to Hawaii (home) from study abroad May 2, 2020. Travelocity will not refund or give credit. The flight was cancelled due to COVID 19, and my daughter had to return immediately, ordered by her school and President Trump. Travelocity will only offer us credit to Condor Airlines, which we would never use again because we are not in Europe, nor going there. They will not give us a refund or even a Travelocity Credit even though it was purchased by them from me and even though I purchased their travel insurance who I have e-mailed and called repeatedly and receive no responses. Travelocity keeps insisting that we need to wait to hear from the travel insurance but we started e-mailing and calling the travel insurance over a month ago. Their travel insurance I feel is a fraud.

Original review: April 22, 2020

Booked flights months ago through Travelocity and paid for them through Travelocity on Air Canada. Flights were apparently canceled although I was never notified they were canceled and found it only when I went to enter my passport information in my booking and found my booking had disappeared and it was marked “canceled".

Tried to reach Air Canada who are not accepting phone calls except within 72 hours of travel. Contacted “customer service” (that’s certainly a misnomer) at Travelocity for a refund per the United States Department of Transport Order dated on April 3, 2020 that Airlines, foreign or domestic, had to refund canceled flights that were canceled due to COVID-19. Travelocity has emailed me that they refused to refund, violating federal order. They never even bothered to notify me that the flight had been canceled in the first place. If you want to use a travel agency definitely do not use Travelocity. Perhaps, may be better to book directly with the airline.

Original review: April 14, 2020

We made reservations through Travelocity for a trip to South Florida in Mid-March. Due to the high incidence of coronavirus in South Florida our doctor insisted that we cancel our trip. The hotel charged us a cancel fee of $186 and told me that they had no choice as due to Travelocity rules. When I spoke to Travelocity customer service, they said was up to the hotel and not them. Given the worldwide crisis due to Coronavirus, I fully expected for Travelocity to refund my cancel charge. They will not. Never use Travelocity again, and nor should anyone else.

Original review: March 30, 2020

I booked a flight/hotel with Travelocity for a bowling tournament in Ky. Due to the Coronavirus the tournament has been cancelled. I contacted Travelocity regarding a refund on the hotel..was told, "NO REFUNDS..It was a bundle..You lost your money." I tried various times to get someone on the phone but not had any luck, today I was on hold 2 hours (and they called me!). It's not like I wanted to cancel because I changed my mind, the event was cancelled.. My spouse has just been laid off due the the virus..I need my money back...I don't know what to do now..I may also be out of work very soon as where I work is shutting down. Any suggestions as to whom I can contact?

Original review: March 29, 2020

Never ever deal with Travelocity again... All phone lines with travelocity were mysteriously out of order. There were constant hang ups and disconnections...until...the day that Canada made it law that airlines could keep your money, only needing to give out credits..then they started answering our call..."shameful"..and shameful for Eva Air to keep people's money at a time we are all struggling financially...

So disgusting that an airliner like Eva air would keep people's money when they did not provide the service of a flight that was booked... We didn't cancel... The airline canceled... My wife took a month off from her business and clients, this vacation cannot just be rebooked... And travelocity and Eva air purposefully did not answer people's desperate calls to get a refund...until the day they knew they could keep it... Hope they go bankrupt.. Disgusting how they have treated their clients... Oh and travelocity is also Expedia..same bag of????

Travelocity author review by ConsumerAffairs

Travelocity is a Dallas-based travel company owned by Sabre Corporation, a travel technology company that has been in business since 1960.

• Hotels: Travelocity lists rooms from over 271,000 hotels around the world.

• Inspirational guides: Vacationers who don't know where to go can use Travelocity guides to get inspired.

• Mobile app: Travelocity's mobile app offers exclusive discounts and lets travelers access their reservations on the go.

• Vacation packages: Vacation packages can help travelers save money getting to and staying in their destination cities.

• Price guarantee: Travelocity will match better deals and give customers $50 travel coupons for future trips.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team