1.08/5

Looking for a travel site?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1357 Travelocity Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Booked a trip with a Travelocity adviser over the phone. From New Orleans to Stuttgart, Germany. There were 4 leg’s over and 3 back. Not one went according to plan. Extra baggage fees that should not have been; missed flights because they booked the legs too close together; changed flights on me, and did not cancel the original (the Germans corrected that one). Every time I called, the were "busy" and would return my call in 3 to 4 hours - only it was consistently 3 to 4 days, and I never spoke to the same person twice. I had to repeat the trip from the start each time. They never resolved anything and I had to be creative. There are better agencies.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I received confirmation of my travel insurance purchase through Travelocity. I used a link in the confirmation email to access my policy. The instructions in the email told me to click a link with quotation marks on it ("Description of Coverage"). This link did not exist on the document. There were other links. I reviewed the policy on that page in a box which states "100% trip cancellation" was covered. The box is labeled "Coverages..." In none of the lengthy emails I received from Travelocity, Travel Guard, and Expedia (affiliated I guess), did I receive ANY indication that there were limits to the "cancellation policy."

Now I went to cancel the trip, my reason doesn't qualify. This type of deceptive, misleading marketing and fraud is why folks get so angry sometimes. I spent 1.6 hours on the phone with Travelocity, and .5 hours on the phone with the Travel Guard helpline. Randy, the rep, acknowledged the misleading wording on the messages, the missing link in the instructions, then said there is "nobody here who can refund your money." Really??? I filed a claim. I'm quite confident the adjuster will look at my plea for about 10 seconds before delivering a denial of my claim. Now I'm out my money and will never use Travelocity again. Not that they care, eh?

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Please do not trust Travelocity. These scammers have lots of hidden fee that will not show at the time of reservation and once they send you email confirmation you will see additional $450 for no reason and they will never refund back to you regardless of how much you talk to the manager supervisor or customer service. These are thieves. Please watch out. They do have fraud charges that you are not aware of.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I have spent over 4 hours booking a flight, then 12 hours before I fly they cancel my reservation because they failed to complete the booking with the airline. They took my money and now they want More money to complete the booking. Meanwhile I have to wait another 3 hours just to talk to someone about fixing the issue. Average wait time on hold 2 to 3 hours. They are the most annoying irresponsible company ever. You are better hitchhiking! I just finished talking with them and after 2 hours they tell me to call back later! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Even if your life depends on it do NOT use them.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Hi. Ii stayed in the Palazzio Apartments & Studios (Aruba Palazzio Apartments) with no hot water, our bed broke and was not replaced for three days. I bought travel insurance but Travelocity would not honor the insurance. We had no hot water for 6 days. I asked Travelocity to reimburse the room and I was denied. Why did I have insurance? I am so disappointed. 1 room | 6 nights.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I purchased travel insurance to protect flights I booked for me and my son to travel back to his college for the Spring 2019 semester. His plans changed and he is not returning to that college. I suspected that might happen, so I purchased the travel insurance protection so I could get my money back for the flights if plans changed. I just spent TWO HOURS on the phone with Travelocity being transferred multiple times, finally speaking to someone at the Travelocity Corporate Office, who told me the insurance I purchased will not cover the cancellation of the flights. They said that there was fine print that said the insurance was only in the case of my or my son’s death or serious illness that a doctor certified that travel is not possible.

Apparently there are different types of insurance, however, the only option I was given when I booked the flights was, click Yes or No if you want travel insurance to protect your flight. They will not refund my money nor give me a voucher for credit toward another flight. Also, be aware that they track all of your log ins and told me how many times I logged in and looked at my flight, so I had multiple opportunities to read the insurance clause fine print. I have used Travelocity many times but will never use their services again. They deceive the consumer. They are a multi million dollar profiting company who will takes advantage of the average person. They are keeping hundreds of dollars from me that I purchased extra travel insurance to protect. Shameful! There are many other reputable sites to use, so I will go elsewhere for my travel needs. I suggest you do the same.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I rented a car in Miami through the webpage and the place won't deliver because of my card, although I paid online with it. Now it's been more than a week and I keep getting excuses from Travelocity and NO REFUND! I feel absolutely robbed. Never use them!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

We were planning a Christmas vacation to Punta Cana. We should have seen the red flags but we were excited. First, they had one price listed on the internet, but when you call in they seem to "mysteriously " can't find the price we were looking at for the hotel. Therefore, we purchased our hotel with another vendor. Now it's time for the plane tickets. Online it said it was only 3 left, and we needed three tickets so we had to act fast. We purchased airplane tickets previously, and after we paid for them online, we received a message that the tickets were no longer available. So for some strange reason, we had their "booking" fee on hold in our bank account for 1 wk. so we decided we would not purchase any more tickets online and we would call in to purchase tickets so they could tell us if they were sold out or not...worst mistake ever.

We specifically asked for insurance on the tickets and the agent said their systems were down and they were in negotiations with the insurance company and you can only purchase the insurance online. He said, "Don't worry, you will just have to pay $150 cancellation fee for each ticket". We figured we would rather lose $300 rather than $3000. Fast forward to two weeks before trip, I had a medical emergency and was advised not to fly. We called Travelocity and they said it was non refundable... Hahahaha... This is where the madness begins. We will spare you the details, but after 10 hrs of my husband being on the phone over a few days, we requested for corporate to review our phone call so they can hear for themselves about the lies we were told.

They reviewed it and sent us three emails requesting for us to send the doctor note. We finally get the doctor note, and make a follow up call, and they want to act like they have no idea what we were talking about. So after more hrs on hold, we get to corporate, AND THEY ADMIT THAT THEIR REPRESENTATIVE LIED TO US AND GAVE US THE WRONG INFORMATION. Then we found out the same agent FRAUDENTLY charged US TWICE FOR SOMEONE STAR HOTEL IN Punta Cana. This company is the absolute worse. They keep you on hold for hrs hoping you will give up. I pray no one has to experience what we did. I wish I could give them a zero star.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I've bought a return airplane ticket from Toronto-Budapest-Toronto. Two days later the insurance company informed me, that I'm over 65, they can't insure me!! This is not my problem! I tried to cancel my Trip with Travelocity.ca. The excuse was, that I only have 24 hours to cancel!!! So I lost 1328,65 dollars!!! I hope they have a merry Christmas on my money!!! Shame this kind of company!!! See you in court!!!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Poor reviews such as the ones I've read here don't appear to deter patronage; as Travelocity is still in business. I didn't read them prior to booking with them. But today, I'm a 63 year old mother home alone for Christmas because of Travelocity. And I've lost >$700 of a $5000 vacation package + any ancillary purchases because I was not able to take my Christmas trip with my daughter. So, I'm just taking a moment to say, it's great to get a deal, it's easy to book online. But God forbid anything goes wrong as it did with us.

If anything goes wrong there's no recourse in the world of real commerce like real airlines, real hoteliers. Your one and only recourse is to negotiate through Travelocity. And this is hell on earth. I spent 10 hours on the phone with every offshore agent of Travelocity. I won't detail the nightmare; I'll simply say if you have a problem and you call for "assistance", immediately ask for a "supervisor". When you get a "supervisor" immediately ask for "Corporate". DO NOT spend any time with any agent in the call center. Purchase Travel Insurance and read every letter of every paragraph and do not accept the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th - 100th answer until you get the resolution to which you're entitled.

Travelocity apparently generates profit from making it as difficult and incomprehensible as possible to resolve an issue; I can't imagine how else they stay in business. They must generate incremental income from the amount of time you're left on the phone, on hold. Sitting in the airport, having been denied permission to board, even Delta agents, even Virgin Atlantic agents were appalled and apologetic about our treatment from Travelocity. Bottom line, book direct or use a Travel Agent in your city with a brick and mortar office. Otherwise, to get help, prepare to live in phone hell. Then emotionally prepare to go home and unpack, never seeing the city you dreamed of visiting.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I ended up at an empty airport with nowhere to sleep. My hotel canceled the reservation last moment, claiming they never received it. After 1 hours of chat, and 45 of phone call, Travelocity customer still couldn’t find a solution and help me book a new hotel room. Worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. I’m never using your services again, and will recommend everyone I know to do the same.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I found a round-trip flight for my husband and I. After entering all of my personal information as well as credit card and clicked submit, Travelocity came back to me with a note saying "We hate it when this happens" and the price of the flight doubled! And then they expected me to click submit! I don't think so Travelocity. I started over thinking well, maybe I clicked submit right when the price actually changed. Nope. Travelocity website was listing the original price as the current fair. Then, when I clicked on it, right away it said that the price had changed, prior to entering any info. So I did it again, same thing, it was still listing the original low price and every time I clicked on it, it changed to double the price. WHAT A SCAM! I will NEVER use Travelocity again. And I have used it for years. You try and scam me... I'm gone!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I purchased roundway trip flight tickets and paid an extra 40 bucks for the cancellation plan because they stated if you need to cancel the trip you will get a full refund. I ended up needing to change my tickets to a nonstop one way trip and so cancelled my tickets expecting a refund, instead they issued me airline credit, which was a little disappointing since they had made it sound like I was going to get my money back not airline credit, but I thought oh well I can reuse it on a different flight, but it wasn't that simple I soon found out. After being on hold for 3 hours with Travelocity I was informed that to use my airline credit I had to pay an extra 125 bucks just to redeem it, which is completely ridiculous. Will never use Travelocity again.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I wish that I had checked on Travelocity for a review of their services. If you book online and have a problem STOP and find another service. Unfortunately I did not. I called for help with my booking and this is where the nightmare began. They use "offshore customer care representatives" who speak with an Indian -- from INDIA diction, they speak so fast it is extremely hard to understand them. Once they completed my booking and payment they sent me the travel confirmation and I noticed that they booked a different room type that I ordered. Now the nightmare gets worse -- they can't correct the problem because the booking is already paid for. Try to contact customer care. I waited 4 1/2 hours. Really I started at 12 noon and finally got a supposed case manager named Lei at 4:30 pm. HAVE YOU EVER HELD A CELL PHONE TO YOUR EAR FOR 4 1/2 HOURS.

My problem/issue has not been resolved and now I will go to an unknown room type. Just another pain to add to the recent loss of my wife -- good lord all I wanted was to have a room that overlooked the water, so that I could use the waves to wash away the pain of my wife's death after 46 years. Never again will I book with Travelocity. On a scale of zero to 10 they are a -10.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

A big No to both of these Travelocity.com and travel via China Eastern. I had horrible experience with my family with extensive 32 Hrs travel straight back & forth with these two companies. Moreover, never travel China with too much layover. I can share emails spoken with China Eastern. They will not give you room if any US connecting flights. For ex- DELTA. They will straight away say, "We cannot help you; ask Travelocity". And same answer vice versa. I had to collect luggage each stop and clear customs while Travelocity lied on buying tickets. DON'T TRAVEL INTERNATIONAL WITH THEM. They change your tickets last minute. You will get emails a week or two before adding multiple cities/Stops in China.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Horrific experience. We arrived to what turned out to be a disgusting room. It had cigarettes burns all over through the bedding even though it was called a nonsmoking room, bugs that were multiplying, a broken door that couldn't be locked or even latch, and the nastiest bed stains! I had to get my kids out of there. I took pictures of everything. Travelocity did NOTHING to help me. They never called me after multiples of promises to do so! They never took notes so I had to explain all over again time after time after time. They refused to refund me everything even though the motel person said it was up to Travelocity to do so.

Each time I asked for management they simply replied that they would say the same thing and never let me speak to anyone else. Their email replies were generic responses to call them. But the phone calls got you NOWHERE. I will NEVER use Travelocity again and I will NEVER recommend them. Trying to explain how bad this situation was as impossible. Just don't take the chance!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

We booked a bundle with Travelocity, flight, car, hotel, to see our daughter graduation at Fort Knox. To make the story short, our flight was cancelled twice to the next day, and after hours and hours on the phone with Travelocity, they put us in another flight arriving at a different city. so all they bundle had to be redone. Don't use them, they scam you, if you do a bundle you are not able to change your own flights directly with the airline. Also, when you call they don't keep a good track of their clients, worse if you write to them.

They will find all and every excuse to not reimburse you for anything and their insurance is a joke, it does not cover anything. Another problem is that you are not allowed to know how much are you charged for specific service. They give you a total amount for the bundle but you don't know how much you are paying for the hotel or the flight separately. According to them, I did not call to cancel the hotel and I did! I put a dispute with my credit card but Travelocity convinced them it was my fault for "no show". It is a lie. Scam scam. Don't use them. Take your time and book directly with the airlines, the rental car companies, and the hotel chains.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

My husband is enlisted in the US army. I booked him a flight through this company so he could come home for Thanksgiving. He got orders for work and can’t come home now. We bought insurance, but come to find out it’s only good for death or medical. So not only did we ask could we switch it to Christmas time. We will even pay the difference, So they won’t be losing any money and we won’t miss out on seeing my husband and our boy's dad. They flat out said no. What a disgusting company to do this to someone. Especially someone that serves this country. I will never use this company again!!! I hope they lose business over this!!! I repeat horrible, disgusting company that only worries about their bottom dollar!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Last August I made Premium Economy Reservations, for my wife and me, with Travelocity for a flight from Hawaii to the Mainland. Each ticket was in excess tickets of $500 USD. I received a Booking ID, and confirmation for these premium fares. Everything was fine until we boarded the aircraft for the flight home in late September, and found ourselves jammed into Standard Economy Seating. When I complained to the flight attendant, she said we were in Standard Economy, and I would be able to resolve it when we got home. Needless to say, it was a miserable flight back to the Mainland.

After arriving home, I contacted Travelocity, and provided copies of my Premium Booking and fares. It appears someone at Travelocity had accepted my payment for the Premium booking, but mistakenly applied it to a completely different Booking ID, which was for a Standard Economy Fares. I had paid over 2X the fare of Standard Economy tickets. I have spent over one month trying to get Travelocity accept they made a mistake and fix the problem. Their response was to contact the Airline, that it was their fault.

After contacting the Airline, I learned they do not, and will NOT accept any responsibility for booking and fare mistakes when you make your reservations using a 3rd Party, like Travelocity. The AIrlines will do nothing for you. Travelocity will not "own up" to the mistake and has done everything, hoping you will eventually get tired and go away. I verified on the Airline website that normal Standard Economy Fare was less than 1/2 of what I paid. I researched filing in Small Claims Court, but Travelocity is based in Texas, and I live in a different State. I have MANY, MANY emails showing their indifference to fixing the problem. If you want to see their indifference, just ready their usage terms. (Small Print.)

My "TAKE" from this experience is to NEVER, NEVER EVER use Travelocity. If I would have booked directly on the Airline website, the airline informed me they would have refunded the error. This was not a trivial issue, and I consider myself "scammed" in excess of $500 USD. If you use this company, and have not had any problems, you might be on borrowed time. ALWAYS book directly with the Airline you are going to use. It might cost a few dollars more, but you will then have some recourse if things get messed up. For those using Travelocity, all I can say is "GOOD LUCK."

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

My husband changed his itinerary and received email with confirmation code. Then he wasn’t found on the flight company and was told his status is open. It’s 1 am in LAX. Then we called from 2 am till 8 am by telling the same thing to different people and still cannot solve!!! The last person gave us a confirmation code again but sent three wrong emails with wrong date, wrong flight company, and when I requested ticket number to check in, she replied it was NOT ready yet!!! The confirmation code is nothing to trust!!! You must contact the plane company to reconfirm. I don’t think we will use Travelocity again!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I booked a hotel through Travelocity for a night in Mexico City. My flight arrives at midnight, and my bus does not depart until 11:30 AM. I thought it would be prudent to stay the night at a hotel near the bus terminal TAPO. I found a hotel (MX Congreso "Faja de Oro") and booked it. When my confirmation came, I was informed: "Special instructions There is no after-hours reception at this property. Guests arriving late won't be able to check in until the next morning."

Obviously, that would not meet my needs, so I immediately attempted to cancel my reservation. Since there was no way to cancel online, I contacted Travelocity who offered to communicate with the hotel to cancel. In fact, after 24 hours, I called them again. 48 hours after my first call, Travelocity informed me that: "We have contacted Hotel MX Congreso and due to their policy, they have denied your request for canceling your reservation without any penalty.

For your reference, please review the change and cancellation policy of the hotel below: "The room type and rate selected are non-refundable. Should you change or cancel this reservation for any reason, your payment will not be refunded." Since you have booked a non-refundable reservation, it is more economical for you if you use the reservation than to cancel and not be refunded from it. Or you also have an option to change the name to someone who can use it." Since I was not informed that the hotel would not allow me to arrive late at night until after I booked, I consider that I have been a victim of a classic "bait and switch". Travelocity should do better than this.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I was extremely appalled with my experience. I had made a hotel reservation at 10 AM and tried to cancel only a couple hours later. Even though Travelocity makes it very clear there are no cancellation fees, they neglect to properly advise you BEFORE booking, that the hotel may charge exorbitant cancellation fees. I had to spend hours of my day on hold with Travelocity and the hotel to beg them for a full refund and for human understanding of my situation, but instead I will be charged over $700 dollars for a reservation that I never benefited from.

This is a completely unacceptable and unbelievable hospitality experience. If I attempt to book a hotel within 24 hours of a requested check-in date (with the understanding that there are no cancellation fees), I should be warned and informed immediately and unambiguously of those extra hotel charges. I would've never considered booking if I knew that the cancellation fees were involved. Beware!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I called Travelocity to help me book a trip to NYC. I was never able to complete the vacation due to “bank issues”. My bank assured me it was on the Travelocity end. I told the representative to cancel everything. My account number was hacked 48 hrs later and now disputed non authorized charges to NYC for Uber, Delivery food services and online college classes. Bank said totally believes my information was compromised by Travelocity. DO NOT DO IT - they are not secure or trustworthy.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I have been a loyal Travelocity customer for many, many years and travel frequently. Last week I booked a trip from Chicago to NY and my return flight was cancelled at 12:43 am. The next flight was not until 10 am so I called customer service at Travelocity who stated that I should keep all receipts and “no problem” I’d be reimbursed. After going to 5 hotels I finally found one at around 2:30 am and also found that spirit would not guarantee I’d get on their next flight. I purchased another 1 way and my total damages were $568.31. When I contacted Travelocity regarding reimbursement I was informed that it would NOT be covered and not only that but they did not offer me reimbursement for the useless insurance I paid for! WTF? Last time I ever book thru Travelocity!!!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I purchased a ticket from Nashville to Richmond and bought the associated “cancellation insurance” as recommended by Travelocity via their “Are you sure you don’t want it” prod when you don’t initially elect it. I had a family matter wherein my daughter’s son died in a Boy Scouts camping trip. My daughter needed me to visit her in her continued dire grief. As such, I cancelled my travel to Richmond and instead traveled to Houston to be with my daughter. I went through the exhaustive online submission process as managed by AIG on behalf of Travelocity. My submission was denied. Travelocity travel cancellation insurance is a scam. They didn’t even respond back to me in my contest of their denial. It will never use Travelocity again. Buyer beware... Travelocity and their partner company AIG Travel are disreputable.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Total scam. Bought 2 tickets with insurance for cousins visiting from overseas. Cancelled within 6 hrs because of an emergency. They did not honor refund with 24 hrs cancellation. Got a runaround for several hours with their employee overseas including supervisor. Blame it on airline even though you bought it with Travelocity. Total scam. Took no responsibility. Please buy directly from airline instead. Let’s put these guys out of business. Few recourse except for us to publicize their scam.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I have tried for 2/12 days calling (numbers don't work in Kenya) and Facebooking and the human thing to get someone to speak to regarding forwarding itinerary to correct email. My flight leaves tomorrow morning and no confirmation or change to email (but you can send advertising to this email). This worry free holiday is really worrying... seems I should have read the reviews prior to booking with you. I still have hope that the email will come... PLEASE.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I bought flight tickets online that were not honored when I arrived at the airport, losing out on 500 bucks and having to pay Delta 1900 for the same flight. Cost was high for Delta only because I didn't schedule the trip with them. So yeah they ripped me off 500 bucks, Travelocity that is. Scam artist at best.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Could not find a telephone number for Travelocity on my reservations, so I called the hotel directly. They explained that I had to call Expedia even though the reservation was made through Travelocity. Called Expedia, and they could not help. (Had to go to an agent because they told me on the automated cancellation because they said my zip code was wrong). They switched me to the Travelocity department and once again they said I had the wrong zip code. Finally got to an agent who after 15 more minutes finally got me cancelled. From now on, I go straight to the hotel.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I booked a cruise on Travelocity from Mobile, Alabama to Bahamas last year on 9/08/2017 with my husband, brother in law and his wife. I paid $1,250 and had partial payment due as I was bringing my 3 children. My brother died, and so in June, I called Travelocity to have the children taken off the cruise. The woman was pleasant and said that we'd now only have $149 left to pay, which we did. Over the past two months, we have been booking excursions on Carnival. Yesterday, I looked at my Carnival account and could not book anything as... Carnival canceled our reservations. I called Travelocity, and spend half the day, yes half of Saturday, on the phone with either Carnival or Travelocity. First, Travelocity representatives said we owed a penalty for not taking the kids, which was not true. I had taken care of it in June, where we'd (seemingly) had no problem or penalty.

If that weren't bad enough, now we have no room on the cruise. Long story short, it seems that Carvinal and Travelocity are overbooking and then not giving the money back. I am owed $1,172, as they gave us back a whopping $403.08. A total Ponzi scheme. I will NEVER use Travelocity or Carnival again as I have in the past. I would NEVER recommend them to anyone. Both websites give family vacations a bad name. The customer service is very rude, and enjoys ripping people off, with laughter going on in the background over their customer's frustrations. I talked to numerous supervisors who did nothing, and guess what? There is no one left to talk to, and there are no higher ranked professionals there. Really? After, all on the Internet you are just a number and customer service really doesn't matter to these companies. More like customer "rip off" is their policy and "Ponzi Scheme" should be their motto.

Travelocity expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Travelocity is a Dallas-based travel company owned by Sabre Corporation, a travel technology company that has been in business since 1960.

• Hotels: Travelocity lists rooms from over 271,000 hotels around the world.

• Inspirational guides: Vacationers who don't know where to go can use Travelocity guides to get inspired.

• Mobile app: Travelocity's mobile app offers exclusive discounts and lets travelers access their reservations on the go.

• Vacation packages: Vacation packages can help travelers save money getting to and staying in their destination cities.

• Price guarantee: Travelocity will match better deals and give customers $50 travel coupons for future trips.

• Best for: Budget, domestic and international travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs