3.7/5 (1426 ratings)

About Travelocity

Travelocity Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

Original review: June 24, 2020

If I haven't said this before, I am stating it again. I will NEVER use Travelocity again. I am still on the phone after a Chat on their site this morning and then waiting for over an hour for a 'call back', and now on a call for over 1 hour to obtain a refund due to an airline's cancellation of part of my trip. If I had not 'screen shot' the conversation on Chat, I may not even be this far. They are lying to each other and to me. I am disputing the charges on my card at this time because they will not give me a full refund due to the changes the airline made. What can I do with a one way trip to Seattle? Maybe hitch a ride home when we are done? And I was told that that part of the trip was cancelled as well along with part of the return trip. All that was left was a trip from Seattle to Chicago.. This would be great if I LIVED IN SEATTLE OR CHICAGO... seriously. Okay done venting...for now.. Still on hold so maybe not..

Original review: June 22, 2020

I purchased a trip to Russia for May 2020. Due to Covid 19, the flight was canceled. My booking with Travelocity disappeared off of their website shortly thereafter and I made dozens of attempts to contact them and get this resolved. Finally, since it was within the 120 day window for credit card protection, I filed a dispute with American Express. I am pleased to state that although American Express took almost 2 months investigating this matter, in the end they did the right thing and refunded my ticket in full.

I will never use Travelocity for anything ever again. They are unprofessional and unresponsive. A visit to the BBB website will show such a high volume of complaints that they only show a fraction of them. I strongly recommend that you avoid this company. If there is any problems, you will have a nightmare on your hands.

John

Original review: June 11, 2020

On March 11, 2020, on the advice of one of my husband's physicians, I initiated action to cancel our upcoming trip planned for March 28, 2020, for which I had purchased airfare on-line in January using the third party site Travelocity. The itinerary number by which the booking is identified is: **. There is also a Case ID: **. As Travelocity was completely overwhelmed by the Covid-19 situation, their phone message simply stated that they were not accepting phone calls at that time due to the unprecedented volume. However, on March 14th, I was able to complete and submit a refund request on-line. As any follow-up with Travelocity was not possible, I followed up prior to the end of March with Air Transat, the company supplying the service. Transat customer service informed me that they had issued a credit voucher that would expire on April 4, 2022, that Travelocity would in turn process and forward to me.

Between March 31st and April 27th, I followed up with Travelocity on numerous occasions and was always told that my credit was going to be sent to my email address within 48 hrs. This never happened. On April 27th, 2020, at my wits end, I insisted on speaking with a supervisor at Travelocity. I was transferred to Mustafa – who did finally forward a credit voucher - valid only until March 28, 2021 and subject to numerous conditions. Mustafa also informed me that if I was able to provide appropriate medical documentation explaining why my husband would not be able to travel for an undetermined period of time, this would be forwarded to Air Transat along with a request for reimbursement.

Obviously, they offer no guarantee that the request will be accepted but they do forward it to whoever is in charge of making these decisions at Air Transat. I did obtain an attestation from my husband's oncologist that he was not authorized to travel and this was forward by email, along with my request for a full reimbursement, to Mustafa on May 1, 2020.

On May 19th, I followed up with Ahmed at Travelocity who confirmed that my request for a full refund (including seat selection and prepaid baggage allowance fees paid directly to Transat) had been accepted. He also advised that it would take between 7 to 30 days before the refund would appear in my credit card account. Needless to say, I was delighted that I could finally close the file on this one! How misleading Ahmed proved to be.

On June 9th, as there were still no credits appearing in my credit card account, I once again followed up with Travelocity. The person I spoke with this time in customer service said she could see only my request for reimbursement - which was still pending. At that point, I asked to speak to a supervisor and was transferred to Joe. Joe then explained that my request for reimbursement and the medical attestation by my husband's oncologist had not yet been forwarded to Transat – practically a month and a half after being forwarded. He told me that, in order to activate the process of having Travelocity forward the case to Air Transat, I would have had to phone again after having sent through the documentation.

In any case, Mustafa had not mentioned this when we spoke on April 27th. Even their automatic response to my email in question made no reference to the need to phone again. As I insisted in having something in writing, on June 9th, Joe forwarded an email stating that my request for a refund with the supporting document had been forwarded to Air Transat and that it could take up to 72 hours to get a response from the airline, following which I should get a response from Travelocity.

As my husband is presently under treatment for stage 4 kidney cancer, I do feel that we qualify for a full refund from Air Transat. However, after all the disappointments experienced with Travelocity, I have no hope whatsoever that I will ever receive satisfaction and no confidence that I will hear back from Travelocity once the 72 hour deadline is up. Travelocity customer service personnel make a habit of confirming nothing in writing (only after much insistence will a supervisor put anything in writing). Therefore, because everything is done verbally, they cannot be accused of lying. Result: the consumer is left helpless.

Original review: June 10, 2020

I full prepaid a nonrefundable hotel reservation (Hotel Amadeus in Poland) prior to the COVID lockdown. Subsequently all travel plans were canceled by airlines, cruise company and other vendors. All issued 100% refunds including airlines (Iceland Air, Whizz and Lot Airlines) and cruise company (Seven Seas) even though most policies prior to COVID did not allow for refunds. Travelocity did not/was not able to even negotiate a refund of any amount with the hotel even though by hotels own admission they had not been paid anything yet by Travelocity. Travelocity is just a rip-off 3rd party vendor who offers nothing to the booking value chain.

Original review: June 6, 2020

We had to cancel our flight due to COVID and had a credit to use. When restrictions lifted, I called Travelocity to re-book the new flights. The person who answered said she could not assist with this, but I could wait on hold 'for a little while' until someone could help, & she said if we got disconnected, she'd call me back. I waited on hold for 1 hour and 20 minutes... got disconnected. She called me back about 30 mins later & said I'd have to "start all over again/wait another hour +". I politely let her know that I could not do that, and it was they who disconnected the call, so I needed someone who could help to call me back. She said she'd "try", & that I'd need to answer my phone immediately when someone called... they called about 30 mins later and I answered immediately - they hung up. They called right back, I answered IMMEDIATELY - they hung up again. They did not call back again.

I started the process ALL over again, got a different person, he essentially just said "Sorry" for the previous experience, but clearly just wanted to get on with the call/get off the call. I re-explained what was needed, he said I'd have to wait on hold 1-2 more hours! And he said if I got disconnected, I'd have to start over AGAIN. I let him know how unbelievably frustrating their process is, he said he'd try to connect direct with the airline, etc. At one point when I asked about the "fees" he mentioned, he raised his voice at me and said "To be clear, there are no fees! I meant the price of the new ticket!" (If that's what you meant, then THAT'S the wording you should have used!) Ultimately, after another 55 minutes on the phone, I was told "We can't help you. You'll have to call the airline directly."

Bottom line is something about their processes/the airline's processes/who has 'control' over the ticket, yada yada yada - I do not work for the airlines so I can't possibly know the inner workings of their somewhat incompatible systems. They should be able to tell me within minutes, the first time we speak, that they are unable to assist. All in all I wasted over 3 hours, & now will have to start again with the airline directly. I will give credit where is due, the 2nd person showed some sympathy for the situation by the end of the call, but I will never, ever, ever use Travelocity again.

Original review: June 5, 2020

I purchased an Hahn Air ticket through Travelocity 5 months ago well ahead of June travel date. Hahn Air sent a notice that the airline is cancelling the flight (because of Coronavirus) and request a refund through original booking point (in my case through Travelocity). I contacted Travelocity to request for refund and Travelocity response is that airline will not refund the money and will issue credit to use only to same destination within time limit which airline dictates. My daughter will will out of school by then and I do not need to travel to her school anymore. Very disappointing that Travelocity is taking Hahn Air side and didn't fight for customer even at the point it's the airline cancelled the flight. I suggest anyone booking through Travelocity to obtain a record from Travelocity to make sure this does not happen to themselves. It's terrible. Travelocity is happy to take your money but when it comes to refund....

Original review: June 4, 2020

Multiple changes to flights-understandable. Finally, cancelled a connecting flight. Called to cancel-wouldn't refund. One hold for over an hour. Called 1-800 number. Told wrong number after 25 min hold. Then transferred. Still unresolved!

Original review: May 30, 2020

Back in February, we booked a flight so that we could take a trip to meet someone special for the first time. My sisters and I found Travelocity to have a great deal on a flight so we jumped on it right away. When COVID - 19 hit we canceled the flight for our March trip. Travelocity was helpful and gave us a credit for our flight. On May 23, last week, we decided to go ahead and use the credit to rebook the flight. When we looked, we found the price to be a $100 less than the original flight. With three of us traveling, this would leave us with a credit of $300 and some change. When we spoke to Travelocity, they notified us that we would not receive any credit back for the remainder. We decided it was ok because we had originally paid more but this trip was worth it. After the new flight was booked with Travelocity, we received our new itinerary but we received our old E-Tickets. This phone call took 2 hours.

On May 24th, Feeling confused, we called them back the next day. When we told them of their mistake, they apologized and told us that they would re-issue. This phone call took 1.5 hours. On May 25th, We had to call again. The new tickets issued were again the same old flight with the new itinerary. They again apologized and we asked to speak to a supervisor. They re-issued them again and we were even able to select our seats. We asked them if they could stay on the phone while we waited to see if it was correct. They assured us that everything was fixed and the new tickets would be the correct ones but that the new tickets could take up to 24-48 hours to process. This phone call took 3.5 hours.

May 26, nothing yet. May 27, Tickets arrived. Still wrong. Same problem. It was my sisters birthday so I didn't wasn't feeling up to getting frustrated so I didn't call that day. Even though it did weigh on me that day. May 29, After I finished my work that morning, my dad and I sat down to call Travelocity. I waited on hold for 2.5 hours until someone answered and I was able to tell my story. She put me on hold for another hour and then someone else came on and we had to tell the story again. We asked to speak to a supervisor and were put on hold again. Every 30 minutes the sales rep (who was very nice) continued to check in with us apologizing for the wait.

When we received the supervisor another 2 hours had passed and we had to retell our story. After the supervisor checked our account she apologized and told us that it was a problem with their ticketing dept. She then put us on hold again and then came back to say that we needed to pay more in order to get the tickets. We asked her why that was our fault. We told her that we had originally reserved the flight through them on the 23rd of May. She said that there was no way to get the tickets unless each passenger paid $87 dollars more. Feeling frustrated we told her that it needed to be fixed and that it was not our problem. She then said that she would connect us to her supervisor.

After 1.5 hours,she connected us to United Airlines. That was confusing. We spoke to a very kind man who gave us the same information. He apologized and told us that our problem needed to be worked out with Travelocity. We were done!!!! We will NEVER use Travelocity again!!!! When we got off the phone, we called United Airlines directly and were able to use our credit. We were very kindly treated and the process took 30 minutes to complete. I only hope that when we get our email, we get tickets we can actually use. Sorry it is so long but this is not supposed to happen.

Original review: May 28, 2020

My boyfriend and I are both young and able to adapt when needed so I figured it wouldn’t be too inconvenient to book with Travelocity. We did this knowing that any part of our trip would be difficult to change so we decided to try to save some money. Then the pandemic hit. Ok no big deal, we bought the insurance anyway. Not wanting to go to Hawaii during this virus, we decided to cancel our July trip in March. Turns out, they wouldn’t even take my call until a week before the trip. I tried calling after looking online and finding out I can’t use the insurance on the website and would have to call. If I just cancelled the trip online we’d be out half the cost of the hotel. So this would be hanging over our head for two months.

Mid May I decided to try to call again and they actually took my call. Well, more so than last time. Instead of just informing me that my trip was too far away for the call to be taken, I was put on hold. Forever. The same crappy music for hours. This is after I spent so long on the website trying so hard to find a way to cancel the trip and just get the money back. I gave up calling for now and had my boyfriend call. They took his call after about a half hour and once he finally talked to a representative, she told him she was pulling up his itinerary and then she hung up on him. Overall this was a very stressful experience during a very stressful time and will never be using travelocity again.

Another note: travelocity has the same deals as every other travel website like it. If you leave the page and go back to it, the cheap deals will be “gone” because they were “bought.” I’d go to that website again with a different device sometime later and suddenly those same cheaper deals are there. I think it’s a scummy thing to do, to trick customers into thinking they have to buy quick because the trip is so high in demand.

On top of all this, I do not recommend Travelocity because their app is hard to use and navigate to find things you need, as well as all the asterisks and small print that reveals so many things. I did not feel good about making a reservation through a third party service when it says in small print at the bottom of the page “these room requests have been passed on to the hotel but they will not be confirmed and are subject to availability at the time of check-in”. Does that mean there’s a chance I paid for a hotel that might not have a place available and I won’t receive a confirmation that my room has actually been reserved? The whole process is stressful and not worth it. Not happy with how this company has handled the pandemic.

Original review: May 18, 2020

Hard to contact. Had a non refundable reservation for Even Hotel Brooklyn September 1 for two rooms. Cancelled due to Doctor recommendation not to visit New York City. I am 73 years old & a High risk person. NO REFUND.

Original review: May 12, 2020

In Dec 2019 we purchased an upcoming graduation vaca trip (haven't been on real vaca for 17 years)! Colorado to Mexico City to Huatulco and back to Colorado at a $4,405. purchase price! That is a lot of money to us! Been responsibly trying to get in touch with Travelocity since March 2020 to cancel - via chat, self-service, CS phone - all with zero luck or zero results. I finally get an email to cancel and follow its instructions with relief that the trip is going to be canceled and refunded. Only to start receiving several other emails to cancel again and again and again - instead of have just one CANCEL button, they try to make it more difficult so that you miss something and your refund will be forfeited.

I also purchased the Travelocity insurance at the time of booking and should have had zero problems with all of this but it has been a nightmare and is still unresolved. They have kept me on hold - not just at the point of calling, no, upon an agent answering (a supervisor supposedly) and telling me she is going to look into it and then 1 hour and 30 some minutes later the call disconnects and I have to begin again.

It is May 12, 2020, and due to the pandemic (covid19), I don't get to go on this trip but I also apparently don't get our trip expense savings back either. Their continued message loop states you can get on social media as well to help resolve during the pandemic.... except for that is a deceptive fallacious bunch of nonsense too! They are NOT trying to help their customers because everything is big-business driven and NOT consumer driven. It is disgusting that I have had to go through 2 months of this craziness with NO results or outcome. The FTC will be getting a complaint but meanwhile, we are out the only money we had. My graduation present and savings.

Resolution response: May 13, 2020

So pleased with the resolution of this issue. Travelocity is giving us a full refund.

Original review: May 12, 2020

I am so upset. I had booked two rooms for two nights for my son’s graduation from Penn State University. Unfortunately due to the pandemic the graduation ceremony was canceled and made a virtual ceremony instead. I called immediately and was told that if the hotel the Altoona Grand Hotel would approve the refund Travelocity would refund me. I spoke with the hotel and they approved the refund. Travelocity the told me they changed the protocol and would only give me a voucher for the same hotel at a later date. Since it was only needed for the cancelled graduation that is valueless to me. Shame on Travelocity. How can you be so heartless during such difficult times. Beware anyone thinking of booking a trip through them. I’d use another vendor.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I paid for flight for my student daughter from France to Hawaii (home) from study abroad May 2, 2020. Travelocity will not refund or give credit. The flight was cancelled due to COVID 19, and my daughter had to return immediately, ordered by her school and President Trump. Travelocity will only offer us credit to Condor Airlines, which we would never use again because we are not in Europe, nor going there. They will not give us a refund or even a Travelocity Credit even though it was purchased by them from me and even though I purchased their travel insurance who I have e-mailed and called repeatedly and receive no responses. Travelocity keeps insisting that we need to wait to hear from the travel insurance but we started e-mailing and calling the travel insurance over a month ago. Their travel insurance I feel is a fraud.

Original review: April 22, 2020

Booked flights months ago through Travelocity and paid for them through Travelocity on Air Canada. Flights were apparently canceled although I was never notified they were canceled and found it only when I went to enter my passport information in my booking and found my booking had disappeared and it was marked “canceled".

Tried to reach Air Canada who are not accepting phone calls except within 72 hours of travel. Contacted “customer service” (that’s certainly a misnomer) at Travelocity for a refund per the United States Department of Transport Order dated on April 3, 2020 that Airlines, foreign or domestic, had to refund canceled flights that were canceled due to COVID-19. Travelocity has emailed me that they refused to refund, violating federal order. They never even bothered to notify me that the flight had been canceled in the first place. If you want to use a travel agency definitely do not use Travelocity. Perhaps, may be better to book directly with the airline.

Original review: April 14, 2020

We made reservations through Travelocity for a trip to South Florida in Mid-March. Due to the high incidence of coronavirus in South Florida our doctor insisted that we cancel our trip. The hotel charged us a cancel fee of $186 and told me that they had no choice as due to Travelocity rules. When I spoke to Travelocity customer service, they said was up to the hotel and not them. Given the worldwide crisis due to Coronavirus, I fully expected for Travelocity to refund my cancel charge. They will not. Never use Travelocity again, and nor should anyone else.

Original review: March 30, 2020

I booked a flight/hotel with Travelocity for a bowling tournament in Ky. Due to the Coronavirus the tournament has been cancelled. I contacted Travelocity regarding a refund on the hotel..was told, "NO REFUNDS..It was a bundle..You lost your money." I tried various times to get someone on the phone but not had any luck, today I was on hold 2 hours (and they called me!). It's not like I wanted to cancel because I changed my mind, the event was cancelled.. My spouse has just been laid off due the the virus..I need my money back...I don't know what to do now..I may also be out of work very soon as where I work is shutting down. Any suggestions as to whom I can contact?

Original review: March 29, 2020

Never ever deal with Travelocity again... All phone lines with travelocity were mysteriously out of order. There were constant hang ups and disconnections...until...the day that Canada made it law that airlines could keep your money, only needing to give out credits..then they started answering our call..."shameful"..and shameful for Eva Air to keep people's money at a time we are all struggling financially...

So disgusting that an airliner like Eva air would keep people's money when they did not provide the service of a flight that was booked... We didn't cancel... The airline canceled... My wife took a month off from her business and clients, this vacation cannot just be rebooked... And travelocity and Eva air purposefully did not answer people's desperate calls to get a refund...until the day they knew they could keep it... Hope they go bankrupt.. Disgusting how they have treated their clients... Oh and travelocity is also Expedia..same bag of????

Original review: March 21, 2020

I booked a hotel and tried to cancel because of the coronavirus and nobody is attending our claim>. It's too easy when you have to book and Travelocity offers FREE CANCELLATION. When you try to do it it comes an nightmare and you'll never get it. Take care. It's a scam.

Original review: March 19, 2020

I own a small business and scheduled a vacation for the first time in 3 years. It was to be to Florida to attend spring training baseball games. Due to the Corona Virus I was forced to cancel. Because I booked through Travelocity I lost $600! At a time where all Americans are being asked to do their part, this is unfair and unacceptable. I attempted to call about it and was kept on hold for hours. I went on-line to cancel and the message that I would loose 1/2 of the money was right AFTER the cancel button, no warning. I will NEVER use Travelocity again.

Original review: March 17, 2020

I have been a longtime user of Travelocity, and am extremely disappointed in how the company is dealing with cancellations due to the Covid-19 restrictions that are being placed upon U.S. citizens. I live in California and had planned a trip to London between April 22 and May 5, 2020. I reserved and paid for two reservations for The London Lodge Hotel, to coincide with the beginning and ending of my trip.

I paid extra for the "free cancellation" option Travelocity offered but once I printed out the rules and restrictions page, it stated that the room type and rate were non-refundable. This was not disclosed anywhere on the Travelocity website; it was only disclosed after I made the purchase. How does "free cancellation" work on a non-refundable room, and why would anyone pay extra for "free cancellation" if the room is non-refundable? I have tried to speak with someone at Travelocity but have not been able to reach anyone by phone. I will never use Travelocity again.

Original review: March 15, 2020

We booked a flight on February 5th for traveling to Washington DC on March 20th for my mother-in-law's 93rd birthday. On March 13th, the facility issued a no visitor policy in response to the Coronavirus. We purchased refundable tickets, We spent over 12 hours trying to cancel this flight via Travelocity's website and calling directly. The website kept rejecting the itinerary number and their 800 number was experiencing technical difficulty or if we got through we were placed on hold for hours at a time. No ever picked up or the call disconnected.

Original review: March 11, 2020

I purchased a flight with Travelocity and when I confirmed with airline, I was informed that flight did not exist. I have not been able to discuss with Travelocity. Usually on hold for over an hour and then call disconnected. When I reached someone, I was transferred and then the call was disconnected. Another successful call resulted in being told they would call back in a couple of minutes after investigating my concerns. Never received the call back. So I have a ticket for a flight that does not exist and no refund.

Original review: March 4, 2020

After my exhibition show in Germany was cancelled due to the Coronavirus, I have attempted to call and have my flight cancelled and obtain an exemption for change to another date. I have been on the phone for 1 hr 26 minutes. All personnel is NOT in the USA and have no authority to make any decisions. They state less than 2 minute wait and the wait is over 45 minutes, their website is stating they have a technical glitch since this morning. They are stalling to give service. After being a customer of Travelocity/Expedia for many years, I will NEVER NEVER use their services. I will go directly to the airline to purchase my tickets. At this time I am holding on my office phone and cell phone, waiting for someone to help me to CANCEL my flight which leaves in a few hours.

Original review: March 3, 2020

Travelocity sold me car insurance which was rejected by Rhodium car rental. I lost price of the rental and price of insurance. I am on the street in Barcelona with no transportation in a foreign country. Travelocity is completely unresponsive.

Resolution response: March 1, 2020

So, after spending hours on hold and working with different representatives from both Travelocity and Easirent, we finally have a refund coming directly from Travelocity. I can’t say that it was easy to achieve resolution, and we lost our first full vacation day to dealing with customer service, but in the end we are satisfied with Travelocity and how they handled matters. Thanks for working with us to resolve the nightmare that was Easirent.

Original review: March 1, 2020

SCAM, Avoid at all costs!!! We booked and paid extra for an SUV rental about a month or so in advance using Travelocity and when we got there after a long flight they informed us that the SUVs were all sold out and we would have to cram our family into an old, dingy, dirt filled Nissan Versa subcompact. They also told us that we can have a refund on our rental but we need to call Travelocity. Travelocity denied our refund stating that they contacted Easirent and they said we were a no show, however we were there in person, on time and spoke to an employee there who told us that we will have a refund, no questions asked. My family and I were stranded without a rental car, in a city far away from home, with a 20 month old baby. Not what I call easy. Thank god for Ace rental up the street, they gave us a brand new Nissan Kicks with only 17 miles on it.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I would start by saying that Travelocity needs to get their stuff together, be more responsible for their actions. On January 2020, I purchased a trip to Lofoten, Norway, departing on January 20th, only to learn that, I would be required to stay in Iceland for 24 hours, departing on the 22nd, making me miss my other 3 connection flights to Oslo, Bodo, then Leknes all booked for the 21st of January. Icelandair was kind enough to change my flight at no charge, as they could see that Travelocity wasn't very responsible, actually were out of the Loop on this one...

Then on February 13th I again flew to Brasil, Toronto to St. Paulo GRU, then to Belo Horizonte,; on my way back, on February 17th, my ticket was from Belo Horizonte to Sao Paulo, Congonhas, but my connection to the Toronto flight was in GRU, which is the airport the ticket should be sending me to. I contacted Travelocity about it on February 16th at almost midnight to have it changed, but was told it would be not a problem as the Airport is only 35 minutes away driving. Of course it is not. You would be lucky enough to make it in two hours, as the person or Travelocity obviously never been or driven in Sao Paulo, probably one of the busiest cities in the world.

Why would Travelocity send me to Congonhas, instead of Guarulhos, where my Toronto flight would depart from? There were flights from Latam to Guarulhos that day. Actually the airline after much insistence, was able to change my flight and agreed that I wouldn't perhaps make the Toronto flight, if they hadn't changed it... After several mistakes and mishaps, it's time to say goodbye to Travelocity, I've been a loyal client for 20 years, but can't take these type of risks any longer, they create stress, anxiety, flying is about to relax, to have fun, not to be stressed.

Last November purchased flights to Paris, only to be told that maybe we wouldn't fly that day, as Air Canada oversells their planes and if we're lucky then we would have a seat. The same happened in August 2018 on a flight to Amsterdam also by Air Canada. The point is, we pay full prices on these tickets. Travelocity should inform the clients that, "You're paying full price, but perhaps you will not fly, as we oversell tickets as requested by Air Canada." Ultimately Travelocity isn't doing a good job as a Travel operator. I am copying these to Social Media, and to make people aware that ultimately, Travelocity doesn't care about its clients. Ultimately it's all about the bottom line, making money and obtain profits at all costs. Sincerely, Daniel **.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

On February 4, 2020 I called Travelocity to book a flight from Seattle to Boston using a credit from a previously cancelled flight through their services. After approximately 30-40 minutes on hold a gentleman answered and collected my information. After placing me on hold several times throughout the conversation, he verified dates of travel, conditions of credit including my knowledge & acceptance of $200 penalty and came up with an acceptable travel itinerary.

He then proceeded to tell me that he was unable to process the transaction and would need to transfer me to his Manager to complete. I was transferred to "Mary". After several holds, she also verified all of my information & conditions of travel. She continued to put me on hold, although at this point I was very confused as to why. When she would return she would again verify some piece of information but she had also changed the flight times or the name of the penalty fee, never quite telling me what the final charges would be - this happened several times during our conversation.

I became very frustrated at this point and asked why it was necessary to put me on hold so many times and requested that we book the flight as I had been on the phone with the company for over an hour and had already agreed upon an itinerary & penalty conditions with the first agent. She replied that my cancellation flight had happened over a year ago. (July 2019) I pointed out that my paperwork had an expiration date of June 9, 2020 and that I was well within that time frame. She then proceeded to ask me more questions about the flight upon where I completely lost my patience, lashed out and hung up.

This should have been a very simple transaction, but I felt as though the agent was deliberately stalling in an attempt to frustrate and waylay me. I've flown a multitude of times over the years. Occasionally an issue where a cancelled flight and credit would come up but I have never experienced this sort of subterfuge before. It felt very deceptive. I have since booked my flight with an actual airline. It cost less and took no time at all.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

If you use Travelocity to compare hotel rates for the city you plan to visit, BEWARE. They do not include the often very substantial "property fees". When you go to book through Travelociy, you may or may not see the tiny, grayed out line item when you reserve your room, but you'll definitely see it on your bank statement. If you use Travelocity at all, I would recommend finding properties there and then going to the provider's site to book your stay.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I had a 6 day stay with Ramada Inn Tucson Cushing location in November of 2019. It took three months for me to get points on my Wyndham card after repeated requests to the hotel to look into it and review the situation. I had to Simply call Wyndham directly had my stay verified and my points are added immediately. Thank you to Wyndham no thank you to Ramada!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Got sold third party car insurance by Travelocity that Alamo car rental did not accept. Had to take Alamo car rental insurance. Also, I had to pay the difference out of pocket. Called Travelocity, and they acted like they were not aware of Alamo’s policy. I was refunded what I paid Travelocity for their third party insurance, but Travelocity would not, as a courtesy, reimburse me for the difference I had to pay Alamo. Took it to BBB, and they lied, and said they refunded me the difference. They practice shady business practices. I will never use Travelocity ever again.

Travelocity Company Information