3.7/5 (409 ratings)

About Travelocity

Travelocity Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

Was planning a trip to Puerto Rico to research a wedding venue for my daughter in February 2021. Two way flights were purchased for me and my wife, but we had to cancel due to COVID. Flights booked were Delta flights, and an airline credit was credited to my Travelocity Account. Flights were rebooked for the actual wedding (January 2022) in August - 2021 utilizing the airline credits. Inbound flight was on United, Outbound was Delta (Travelocity switched the carriers after the original reservation even though I booked a two-way with Delta). Because of this I had to book one way fares in order to use the credits.

Received confirmation from Travelocity and record locators from the airline - all looked good. Then in November, I received an updated confirmation that my inbound flight was canceled. After calling the airline, the credit was not actually applied from Travelocity, the flight was not paid, and we were dropped. After several hours on phone with travelocity, they gave me the runaround and failed to assist. United reissued my tickets directly using my credits. My outbound flight was confirmed again by Travelocity, and was confirmed on Delta’s website, along with my seat assignments.

Wedding takes place in January 2022, and we make the trip down to the island with no issues. When it came time to check-in online for the return flight with Delta, the system would not allow me to do so, so I had to call the airline. Apparently the reservation was null and void, because it was not paid for through Travelocity. After 10 hours of being on the phone, getting the runaround by Travelocity, they refused to reissue the tickets, which Delta required them to do.

In the end, I had to rebook my outbound flights with Delta directly at a premium, and within 16 hours of my actual departure time. Travelocity basically took my money, and left me stranded in the middle of my trip. I had to pay double to get home. Never, Never, Never Again will I ever use these thieves for travel arrangements. They are fraudulent, unprofessional, and absolutely do not care for its customers. I’ll use their slogan and just say “Travel Wisely - Do Not Use Travelocity, or risk your own peril”.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

Travelocity misleading their customer. Shouldn't rely on their recommendation. Never ever! Travelocity's recommended LAX Marriot Hotel has no service and no return response to their guests. No service no hospitality.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

We booked a trip to Mexico with a layover in Dallas at 11:40am. Our flight was to leave at 6am from STL. We arrived 1.5 hours early to the airport. Our flight on the board was on time. We made our way to the gate and by the time we got there our flight was "pushed back" to 3pm, and then ultimately cancelled. We had purchased the Trip Insurance for the whole trip, and have been able to get our flight refund -- HOWEVER even though the hotel was advertised as refundable Travelocity has refused to refund the hotel charges EVEN with the Trip Insurance and the flight being refunded. Lesson learned, with Travelocity the Insurance means nothing and they will not work with you.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

We have a credit that I tried for 3 weeks and multiple phone calls which resulted in hours on the phone to use. Each time I would get told I needed to do something else, obtain other information or talk to someone else, I did everything they asked and was finally told they would take care of it and call me back within 24 hours when it was completed. I never got a call back and when I called again I could not talk to the person that told me they would take care of it and then someone else said they couldn't help me. I asked for a supervisor and they said one would call me back, I never received a call from the supervisor. I feel like I have been lied to and they ultimately stole over $1800.00 of our money. Buyer Beware!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

I have travel credit, to claim says to call a number. The wait is over three hours and then they direct you somewhere else. Complete waste of time and money. Chat took over an hour and then was dropped. No resolve.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

I didn't listen to my friends and family who have had bad experiences with Travelocity. I booked a flight with them. 3 hours before my flight I was alerted my flight was changed to a red-eye. I was on hold for 91 minutes trying to resolve this to no avail. I tried several ways to contact them (telephone, email, chat) and was never able to connect until 1 week after. They said they will not refund me. They told me I needed to contact Alaskan Airlines who the flight was through, even though I paid Travelocity. Horrible service. I won't make this mistake again.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

My family and I were scheduled to take a trip to Hard Rock Punta Cana in December. My son tested positive for Covid 19, we voluntarily took the test not to expose people on the flight or resort. As soon as we got the results, we contacted Travelocity, Hard Rock and requested a credit, since then they have been giving us a run around, we actually got a call from a supervisors 3am, of course we were asleep, he just wanted to document, he called back, they don’t read the emails, everyone pushes it back and forth, they keep saying we can’t get a refund and we have made it clear we are open to a credit.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

TRAVELOCITY IS THE WORST! #TravelocityCheats. I've been trying for months to use the travel credit accrued with Travelocity but they do not allow me to book online with this credit and have tied up my phone line for hours. They are obviously using the strategy of running out the clock on travel credit to cheat thousands of people out of their travel credit. TRAVELOCITY IS THE WORST!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

I booked round trip airfare through Travelocity for ten days. I wanted a one night stay at the end of our trip. Travelocity changed it to the same number as the flight. When I noticed the error they said it was not refundable and there was nothing they could do. There was no real effort on their part to remedy the problem. Their answer was if I can get the hotel to change the reservation they would refund the money. So it appears they (Travelocity) keep your money and pay the hotel at the end of your reservation. Use Booking.com. They allow cancellation!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

My wife and I booked first class full fare on United through Travelocity to go from Denver, CO to Newark, NJ to visit our grandchildren for Christmas. We have not seen them since COVID began. My wife has Multiple Sclerosis and LUPUS and had an event right before our travel. Then began the nightmare. We had bought travel insurance through the Travelocity website when we booked. It turned out that Travelocity has NOTHING to do with that insurance and accepts NO responsibility, even though they are the agent that bills you and collects the money when you buy the insurance.

It turns out that, in addition to the Airline and Travelocity, behind the scenes there is a company that represents the insurance underwriter, the underwriter themselves, and the company that actually holds the policy and determines whether your insurance actually covers cancellation. It takes days to unravel all of this and then you get the paperwork.....which, in the instance of Multiple Sclerosis, guarantees that they will NEVER pay a dime. They require a doctor's detailed description of the actual event and a million other things that are simply designed to guarantee that you will simply give up and accept the loss like we did.

With MS, after 30 years of dealing wit it, we no longer see my wife's DR with each event but rather simply use the medications that we have a home unless it becomes life threatening. The net is that my wife and I are out $3,300 even though we paid for travel insurance, which is a lot for 70+ retirees on a fixed income who scrimped for months to get that amount. My message would be do not use Travelocity, Expedia, ORBIZ, or any of the on-line travel services (they're all owned by SABRE in Dallas TX). And NEVER, EVER buy travel insurance unless you want to subject yourself to incredible frustration, anger, pain, and financial loss!!!

I believe that Travelocity Travel Insurance is discriminatory against disabled and handicapped individuals and and, I believe, violates the Americans With Disability Act. I believe that this is fertile ground for a class action suit against them. My wife and I will simply NEVER use any web tool owned by SABRE again and certainly hope that they have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS with our $3,300! Ours is ruined without it!!!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

I have had a number of occasions to call Travelocity Customer Service to use credits for flights cancelled during COVID. Lack of responsiveness, dropped calls, no callbacks, poor language skills and agents not empowered to make a decision is the experience from beginning to end. They make applying your credits as difficult as possible. Use the Priceline Companies if at all possible.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

Do not use Travelocity! Instead find your flights on Travelocity and then book directly with the airline. My wife and I have $1361 worth of flight credits on Travelocity that they will not let us use because they say American Airlines controls them. When we call American Airlines, they say Travelocity is in control of the flight credits and we can’t use them. We have spent numerous calls asking Travelocity to resolve this issue to no avail. Our most recent experience they hung up on us. Our money is trapped in Travelocity and we have NO recourse. This is stealing! Deal directly with the airline and don’t let your money pass through Travelocity.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

Details on their website indicated I could cancel until the day before I check in, which is typical of hotel policies I have encountered. I booked two rooms, but our vacation plans changed, so I went to cancel only to find out I was unable to do so online. During my phone call to them, I found out this was a non-refundable reservation - I was cancelling more than 30 days from my reservation date, and I was shocked. Nothing on my confirmation indicated that. The agent created a case for this and assured me the cancellation penalty (full cost of the 8-night stay) would be waived.. 5 days later, I received an e-mail saying they couldn't reach the hotel and I should call them directly. The hotel cannot accept a cancellation from me, only the travel agency. I have called Travelocity two more times today and they have hung up up on me twice.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

This organization is a den of thieves. Never again will I let these liars take my money and screw me over. Book directly through the airline and hotel—the cost savings with this company, and the entire Expedia enterprise is not worth the lack of customer service support (they MAY answer your call, keep you on hold for hours, and either be unable to help or simply cut you off and disconnect after an hours-long call). The problem isn’t the call center people. The problem is that their instructions are to not allow changes, even for people who have purchased insurance. This is the second time that these jokers have told me that I can use credits from a rescheduled trip, only to change their minds later. And the customer is absolutely powerless. Even if you have a recording of the call, there is no reprieve in case there is a problem, even a global pandemic. Avoid these snakes at all cost.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

Travelocity made it IMPOSSIBLE for me to cancel my hotel reservation even though I cancelled the flight I'd also made less than an hour after I made it. Travelocity SAID it was cancelled, but I was charged.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

DO NOT TRUST OR DO BUSINESS WITH TRAVELOCITY. They are thieves. Booked a room for two nights at Harrahs in Atlantic City. They charged us for the two nights but only paid Harrahs for one of the nights. We had to pay Harrahs ourselves at a higher rate for the 2nd night. Travelocity will not refund the 2nd night according to their "terms & conditions". THEY ARE THIEVES.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Rented a car from them in Los Cabos for $199 including all taxes and fees through Europcar. Europcar laughed at my reservation and told me it was no good along with the $99 I paid them for collision insurance. Told me cheapest car they had was $564 which I had to pay. I have called Travelocity 4 times and they say they will call me back in 24 hours, but, never due and further more will not refund the $99 I paid them for insurance which is worthless in Mexico. The company should be shut down. They just scam people.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I have used Travelocity several times in the past and it was ok. In July I booked a trip to NYC for four people, two rooms. Travelocity site quoted $832.00 per person. We were charged $1252.00 more than was quoted. I have sent them several emails and they first said they were looking into it, then nothing! They haven't answered my last three emails/texts. I will NEVER book through Travelocity again! Beware.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

I booked a trip to Puerto Rico in August for January 2022. Had a couple cancelled flights so I decided to just cancel the trip instead of dealing with all the changes/cancelled flights right now. Airlines cancelled with no fee, hotel, and transportation were all free cancellations. Apparently though, even if the trip hasn’t even started, the travel protection plan is non refundable. Nothing like losing almost $300 for absolutely nothing. I even asked for a partial refund, to be fair, but was told there are no refunds after 15 days. I would never use Travelocity again even if they were the only booking company available.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

I booked a package trip with Travelocity for my family (wife and two young daughters) for October of 2021 to Annapolis Maryland. We had a reservation with the Village Inn for $450 for three nights. It was during the Annapolis boat show, so it was hard finding a room for a decent price. Now I know why. When we arrived from a long day of travel we found a roadside motel that looked nothing like the Travelocity picture. The room was disgusting (stain on the middle of the bedspread that looks like it came from a leaky ceiling) and the property was not safe for a family. I called Travelocity to cancel my reservation. They apologized and said they would take care of it. I was put on hold as my wife found us a different hotel to stay at. They came back on and said the property wouldn't allow for a refund. I was shocked. I then spent the rest of the day trying to get my money back.

We missed the first day of our vacation because Travelocity has zero customer service and is perfectly happy to take your money. Even though you pay them directly, their customer service people cannot authorize a refund and will argue with you for hours. Don't book with Travelocity/Expedia (they're the same company). Just find a hotel and book directly with them.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

When booked 2 nights at Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront IHG Hotel it was not a minimum 2 nights package mandatory specified. We asked to cancel a night but they refused saying that there is a minimum 2 nights booking. We canceled both nights and they charged us $233.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I was "automatically" charged $20 for collision insurance with my car rental from Avis. I didn't realize this until after I got back from my trip and realized my company credit card had been hit with $20. This automatic charge does not show up in the pricing when you "reserve" your car. It's also a bit obscure in the "itinerary" when you receive it. Travelocity sent a separate email about the additional charge, but I get hundreds of emails in that inbox, and since I didn't do anything other than reserve the car, I didn't pay attention to that particular Travelocity email. It's not clear from the get-go that your price is going to be higher due to this charge, which is not right in my opinion.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

Travelocity rebooked my canceled flights without notifying me. I had to cancel those flights and fight with them to issue a credit. When I went to use the credit, it had disappeared, though I had the email with credit reference number. They robbed me of $600. Beware!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

I received credit for a canceled flight. Called to use the credit and was told the remaining balance would be refunded. Never received refund. Called again, they said they did not see any refund to call the airlines. Called the airlines, they seen the refund but I had to talk to Travelocity. I called again and was told I had no refund only a credit. Pretty sad, spoke with 3 different agents and not one of them had the same information. I prefer Booking.com over Travelocity!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

On Oct. 10th 2021; I booked a package deal for three to Vegas including hotel & flights. I used Travelocity and screenshot every page I went through to the end. I uploaded the app after payment was made. When I viewed my Itinerary it showed my hotel & my return flight home. But not my flight to Vegas. So I paid for a round trip package from Kansas City to Las Vegas, but do not have the flight info to get there, only the departing flight to get home. So I call customer service & the lady tells me after holding for 16 minutes that I need to call the airline. This is unacceptable, do NOT use Travelocity. They won’t even acknowledge that what I sold is missing the flight to the destination, however she said she understands but offered no solution. She would not cancel the package after me asking multiple times.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Do not use them!! Save yourself the headache and book directly with the airline.. I had 2 flights booked with them that I had to cancel due to the pandemic and the airline will say.. "We are happy to give you a refund, but you have to do it thru Travelocity." And then Travelocity says they follow the airlines guidelines but they don’t have the capability to process refunds or the airlines had different rules then.. It’s complete ** and I’ve been bounced around with the blame game wasting countless hours and lost hundreds of dollars

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

You are much better off booking with the airlines yourself. An emergency occurred a few days before my flight, so I called to sort everything out. I was told (by Ernesto) that I would have to call the airlines and the insurance policy companies myself. So I did, but the insurance company told me to officially cancel with Travelocity, and the airlines told me that Travelocity would have to make the call on my behalf—I couldn’t do it myself because I booked with them. I called again but I was told I would have to wait about an hour and a half, so I went to Twitter to message them in hopes of getting a faster answer.

I did get a quicker answer, but an incomplete answer that has left me out on a flight and out of my money. One of those who attended to me (GD) stated that I had to book my flight before October 7th, I did it October 6th. However, they neglected to say 24 hours before my flight, or in what time zone they were counting that time—so I was SOL. When I tried to see if they could right this wrong, I was offered $50 for my $960 flight. While they extended an apology, that does not make up for an issue that occurred because their employees gave out wrong and incomplete information. And it wasn’t a phone call where I made a claim—I have the incomplete information as proof in messages, and they still refuse to do more about it beside $50. Unprofessional and disappointing.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

Booked a trip to visit my parents in April (when Covid was starting to recede), but to be safe, bought the added-on trip insurance in case Covid staged a comeback. As we know, Covid did make a comeback. In addition, my father has been in the hospital (not Covid, but he's going to be immunocompromised for a bit), so I thought, "Thank goodness I bought the trip insurance." When I went to cancel the trip and mentioned the insurance, the customer "service" rep said, "Oh, no, the insurance can't cover Covid unless you have it." There are plenty of other travel sites out there; do NOT give Travelocity your business. American Airlines is no better, but they're already headed for bankruptcy, so...

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I book a package from them but it gave me an error saying that it was not processed. But when I look on my bank account the funds was taking out but I was not sent an itinerary or confirmation something they require when trying to contact them. My daughter went on their page and from a long list of complaint of people going through the exact same thing she chose an itinerary that someone posted. I was able to get a live person and was straight up lied to saying that they didn't charge my card. They will book you and then send you a email stating motel or flight have change. When you call you will be told that you will have to pay more money for the motel or fight tickets and even if it say it fully refundable they will not honor it.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

I booked a flight and prepaid 7 nights hotel through Travelocity, I had a bad experience with Hotel San Remo in Panama City, Panama, the room and bathroom were not clean, one of the shower faucet was out of order, very noisy at night. I had to move out to a new hotel after the third night. I made a request for a reimbursement to Travelocity, but they claim that the hotel were not refunding approx. $80 for the 4 nights that I had prepaid.

I asked Travelocity for a full name, email address and telephone of a CSR, but they refused to do it based on Company Policy, which I have never heard such a thing in my life. Serious Companies will talk to their customers and try to resolve any issue. I feel dealt with Travelocity and not the hotel, so they should be responsible to me and not the hotel. In the future I will only deal directly with the hotel and will only give my credit card to guarantee the reservation for 1 night.

Travelocity Company Information