Travelocity

• 4%
  • 2%
  • 72%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?
    Customer ServiceCoverageSales & MarketingPricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed July 20, 2023

Please do not buy insurance through the Travelocity Website in case your flight is cancelled. My husband bought a $300 ticket and insured it. The flight was cancelled and in order to get home on time he had to spend $700 on another ticket. This was six months ago and we still have not been reimbursed for one penny. We have both spent hours on the phone, there are tons of e-mails. It's not worth it. It's a total scam.

Reviewed July 17, 2023

We are over planners. We booked our hotel through Travelocity and decided to check out a day early so contacted them 2 MONTHS before the change cutoff date to make this request. It takes a few days but we received multiple "Your change has been confirmed and approved" emails. Great! ... Weirdly they tell us to contact them AFTER our stay to get this refund. Weird? But okay.

We enjoy our stay, contact them and they tell us that the hotel DENIED our refund now. We, still being in the area go back and ask why and the guy there says Travelocity did not submit the change. They still have the original booking and nothing else. We state this to Travelocity and they continue to send generic emails all exactly the same. So we lost over $1000 in a refund because they messed up and refused to admit it. We kept getting the run around with no firm answer. Will never use them again. It's the only time we've ever had a problem with 3rd party sites and it isn't worth the hassle.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed July 16, 2023

Our family has booked many trips with Travelocity and their sister company Expedia. We have had some issues along the way; however, back then Travelocity was quick to resolve concerns or barriers. This time was not the case. We booked an Alaskan cruise, flights to Seattle and back home, as well as a high end hotel for 2 days (in case flights were canceled before the cruise date). Travelocity booked the return flight on the same day as the day we needed to board the ship! The Travelocity app had the correct dates listed; therefore, we did not realize the error until 2 days before the trip when we were completing our check-ins with Alaskan Airlines and Spirit. Travelocity refused to help telling us all had to be changed through Spirit.

Spirit would not help because we booked through Travelocity. They were quick at passing the buck, not willing to help or resolve. Horrible customer service, “supervisors” that barely speak English and are rude. This trip cost us over $10k and now we have to pay an additional $600+ to change the flight date due to their mistake. Never again will we use Travelocity or Spirit. We should have read the recent reviews as they are all awful. Travelocity and Expedia have changed since Covid. Sad and disappointing. Learn from our mistake and never book with them!

Reviewed July 13, 2023

Twice, Travelocity has messed up my hotel reservations, both within 2 months of each other. The first time, I was charged by Travelocity, and I arrived to the hotel with my printed Travelocity itinerary in hand, with confirmation numbers. The hotel, however, had no record of such reservation. Luckily, the hotel had a room available, but I was forced to pay for a room (again) and work it out later with Travelocity. The second time, my entire reservation disappeared within Travelocity's account. They have no record of me making a reservation at all, but I have a charge on my credit card statement for the reservation. Customer Service was completely unhelpful. My issues were not resolved, and I have now paid for hotel rooms (twice) that I will never get to use.

In an unrelated issue, I simply needed to change my name on a plane ticket. My last name legally changed due to marriage. I tried calling the airline directly, but since the ticket was purchased through Travelocity, I had to change it with them. This process ended with success, however, it took 3 different phone calls and about 2 hours per phone call. Overall, my negative experiences this year with Travelocity and their lack of customer service has led me to no longer use their services for future purchases.

PriceStaff

Reviewed July 5, 2023

I needed my return flight date changed and they wanted to charge me 190 per person and the airline only charge 60,00 per person. Ask for a manager and he did worse, he changed the whole flight and seating, cancel my upgrades and lower me to economy class. Plus added a day to my travel. Worse booking ever. Will not advise anyone to use them because the money you save you will get in trouble.

Reviewed June 28, 2023

Made my reservations months ago. I had to cancel out due to an emergency today. They are not refunding one penny. Seems like more of a scammer operation than a travel agency. Look somewhere else for your plans. They basically keep selling the same tickets to as many people as possible hoping they all cancel. What a profitable racket.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsStaff

Reviewed June 26, 2023

Every customer service agent I spoke with, gave me different information. I needed to change my booking. It says on their site that you can change it. As long as the hotel will allow. The hotel allowed it. They were very easy to work with. However, Travelocity kept telling me that at first they would if the hotel allowed it and then even when they did, they said that they wouldn’t. It was very confusing. They are not going by the terms and conditions on their site. I had to contact my credit card to get a refund. So much misinformation. Terrible company. We never use again and I travel a lot.

PriceOnline & App

Reviewed June 17, 2023

I chose a rental car for three days that was advertised for $44.00 a day. I didn't check the math on my itinerary but they charged $66.50 a day, which also increased the fees and taxes. Long story short, I was charged $81.80 more than I should have been for the three day rental. When I contacted Travelocity about the error, the bottom line was since I didn't have a screen grab or a receipt with the $44.00 there was nothing they could do, even though the car is still on their website at $44.00. I will of course never recommend them and I will never us e them again. I rented a "midsize" vehicle.

Reviewed June 13, 2023

Jun 7 I booked 2 nights Jun 9-11 at Quality Inn, Franklin, IN. Received confirmation #. Jun 9 the front desk first cannot find my reservation. Then they tell me it has been canceled 2 days ago. I have never received any communication neither from Travelocity nor Quality Inn about any changes. I booked another room at my own charge since the hotel could not help. A Travelocity agent called me back 45min later. He acknowledged the cancelation but offered no explanation at all. He said he would refund me and said he would send a $25 gift card. It hasn't arrived yet. Refund could take 15 days. I will never use them again.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 31, 2023

I booked a car rental thru Travelocity. I could swear I read the car could be cancelled free of charge 48 hours before the trip. I cancelled the rental less than an hour later. I was charge $50 for the cancellation. I travel a lot. Rent cars a lot. First time I've ever had this one pulled on me. Last time I use Travelocity. Period.

Reviewed May 29, 2023

I will never again use Travelocity. Very bad customer service! Could not cancel my reservation due to a canceled event. They would not even let me exchange the date due to a canceled event for the next following week. I told them I did not want a refund. I just wanted to change the date. The lady at the front desk was very RUDE!!! Communication was just horrible!!!!

Reviewed April 27, 2023

I recieved no e mail or any notifications about my travel details. When I got in the airport found out my flight was cancelled. Travelocity didn't taken any responsibility. When I called them, they referred me to the airline and their response very unprofessional.

Reviewed April 12, 2023

In February 2023 I booked used Travelocity to book a one-way Air Canada flight to travel from San Diego, CA to Halifax in Nova Scotia, Canada. I'd just had word that my 94-year-old mother was failing and not expected to survive more than 2-3 days. Unfortunately she died before my flight left the ground in San Diego, removing the urgency from my departure. Wanting to cancel the flight, I contacted Travelocity promptly. Though the agent advised the ticket was non-refundable she contacted the airline on my behalf and was able to confirm AC had granted a credit because of my bereavement situation.

Travelocity then posted a credit of $396 to my Travelocity account. However, when I tried to apply the credit towards purchase of an AC ticket for the a new San Diego to Halifax itinerary the system did not accept it. I contacted Travelocity customer service again and this time the agent told told me the posting was not really a credit, that I should contact AC directly, and that the "not-really-a-credit" was only for $297 rather than the $396 I could see posted on my account as we spoke. I've worked with Travelocity since its early days in the 90s, and had not noticed any change in its dealings despite being acquired by Expedia in 2015. Expedia is notorious for its underhandedness. After this experience I will no longer deal Travelocity either.

Reviewed April 8, 2023

I booked an Enterprise car and needed to change booking by a few hours. Could have it through Enterprise but since I booked through Travelocity; I couldn't change it. I didn't save any money and Travelocity made it very inconvenient.

Reviewed April 7, 2023

I bought tickets to go on a vacation after 2 or 3 days I change my mind of the place. I call them. They change the destination of my vacations. After all was a big difference on prices so they offered me a credit of 800 dollars. That was on December. Now on April I want to use my credit and now they said that I can't use that credit because the airline is not accepting the credit and the last solution that they have is for me to buy new tickets and forget about my credit of 800 dollars. This is insane and I'm been on the phone with them for the last 5 hours just to give me that solution. In what kind of world are we living that an airline credit is too old after 3 months. Who in the world goes more than 2 o 3 time a year on vacation out of the country. Come on this is horrible. I'm completely disappointed. I think this is unprofessional and miss of respect for consumer. Don't ever use this place again to buy nothing.

Reviewed April 6, 2023

I booked a rental car through Travelocity (prepaid) and when I arrived I was told I could not use a debit card as the major credit card requirement. I didn't have a major credit card because my husband had his to use while on vacation. We were advised to create a NEW reservation with my husband's name and then ask Travelocity for a refund. GUESS WHAT... Travelocity will not give us a refund even though the rental car company has approved it. I was not told I could not use a debit card so I paid TWICE. NEVER AGAIN!

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed March 31, 2023

I booked a car reservation on March 30th 2023 for Alamo with Travelocity. Travelocity charged me and sent me a itinerary number. When I got to Alamo they didn't have my reservation and told me that Travelocity never paid them. On top of that they wouldn't accept a debit card as a form of payment and wanted a credit card, which I don't have. So they wouldn't rent to me. I tried to cancel my booking on line and Travelocity referred me to an agent by text. An agent never contacted me, they refused to cancel online and I was now 1 hour late for my appointment because of this mess. So I went to Enterprise and had amazing service and a car with my debit card. Later that night I contacted Travelocity by phone for a refund. The agent's name is Akesh, he was yelling at me on the phone and told me he won't give me a refund. This company is a scam.

Reviewed March 29, 2023

I purchased tickets for Coco Bongo Beach Club in Cancun. Recieved confirmation from Travelocity and receipt of purchase. Arrived at Coco Bongo and was told they didn't have our reservations confirmed by Travelocity. Contacted Travelocity and they lied and said they couldn't reach the club by phone but I was standing with the manager. Travelocity never sent the confirmation so we couldn't get in. Then Travelocity stated that I couldn't receive a refund because it was the Club's fault. But the Club never received the payment so Travelocity is a scam. And there's no contact number for the company anywhere, only online chat option.

Reviewed March 23, 2023

We used Travelocity to schedule a family vacation. We selected a non-smoking room at a highly rated hotel. From the moment we arrived at our room it was clear that the room was often smoked in from the nicotine stains on the walls and ceilings. The floors were dirty, and all of our towels were stained. Our family relied on rescue inhalers and allergy medications throughout our stay due to severe asthma and allergies. The hotel refused to move us. We were told to go through Travelocity for our refund. I was in touch with the resolution team and they promised us a full refund of our stay in 3-10 days. After 2 weeks there was no refund. Travelocity conveniently had no record that they promised us a refund and they never called the hotel to confirm the refund as I was told they had already done. Travelocity and the hotel agreed to a one day refund in the end. Completely unacceptable!

CoveragePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed March 14, 2023

I booked a hotel with Travelocity, took out insurance to cover myself as I was out of state and didn’t know the area. Got to the hotel, went into my room. The toilet was backed up, linens were filthy, the room smelled like mold, the hallways smelled like pot. I quickly exited the hotel and booked a room elsewhere. I filed my insurance claim, so I could get a full refund. I’m still waiting on that refund. Do not take the insurance via Travelocity, they don’t pay up.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed March 11, 2023

I went to book a hotel through Travelocity.com. I purposely picked the pay later option so I could change the reservation if I could not make it. It even said before I pushed the submit button that they needed my card to hold the reservation but would pay at the property. So I hit the button. Now my card has been charged and there is no refund or changes. It is a bait and switch! This was not User error!! I will be closing my account after the trip.

Reviewed March 3, 2023

It's a long story but in a nutshell: I just spent 2 hours online trying to use credits already on my account to book a trip in October. I even searched the airlines myself and knew which flights I wanted to use them for. I tried using the Virtual Agent support to book and talk about a nightmare! Every agent (a total of 4 because the chat kept getting closed out) gave me different information about how to use my credits, were not thorough in any way, constantly asked for the same information over and over and I still don't have a trip booked. This is not the first time I've had issues with their customer service. I strongly recommend NOT using Travelocity for any bookings.

Reviewed March 3, 2023

I booked a package that included flights, and Hotel. When I reached the hotel it had been closed since January 9th 2023. Imagine being in a foreign country not speaking the language and being met at a gate by a security guard and a dog! I had to pay extra money to the airport transfer guy to help me find a hotel. I contacted Travelocity the following day and I have been getting the run around since. They tell me they are still waiting on the hotel to respond. They are in need for the hotel to refund them in order for Travelocity to give me a refund. I did not book with the hotel! I booked with Travelocity! Terrible terrible terrible. I have used Travelocity over 7 years now. I will never ever use them again!

Reviewed Feb. 28, 2023

I am writing to express my extreme dissatisfaction with the customer service I received from your company. Recently, I booked an all-inclusive resort in Puerta Vallarta, Mexico, for which I paid $4000 through Travelocity. However, upon receiving a call from the hotel, I was informed that I would have to pay an additional $300 per night for all-inclusive services, and that they would not honor the Travelocity booking. After spending numerous hours trying to reach customer service representatives from Travelocity, I was finally informed that there was an error on the Travelocity listing, despite providing proof of the original booking that clearly stated all-inclusive services were included. To my dismay, I was then told that I would not be refunded for my package and ended up losing all of my money. I was forced to contact my credit card company to reverse the charge.

As a result of this experience, I have lost all trust and confidence in Travelocity and I will never use your services again. I am deeply disappointed with the way my situation was handled and the lack of assistance I received from your customer service team. I find it unacceptable that I was not able to get a clear and timely response, despite my numerous attempts to contact the company. I hope that you take my complaint seriously and take appropriate action to rectify the situation, so that no other customer will have to experience what I went through. I would appreciate a prompt response from your team regarding this matter. Sincerely

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed Feb. 19, 2023

We booked an all inclusive AIr Canada Vacations trip to St. Lucia with Travelocity. We get to the resort, and they tell me that it is not all inclusive, and if I want to upgrade, it will cost another $1200 USD. We called Travelocity from the front desk, and got nowhere. So we paid the $1200 upgrade that should have been included. Our friends that we went with, booked the same all inclusive trip, on the same day for $400 less and, theirs worked out fine. I also spoke to the Air Canada rep, at the resort, and they could not figure it out either, as all their bookings at that resort are all inclusive. Total false advertising by Travelocity.

Customer ServicePriceReliability

Reviewed Feb. 19, 2023

I was planning 4 months in advanced. I was looking for holds. Saw a car rental through Dollar Economy on Travelocity. Said it would be $741 for the reservations or less if I paid now. I thought I had only made the reservation to pay at pick up but I was wrong. It automatically gave me the pay now charge. I went to cancel once I had discovered what happened and learned now I'm going to be charged a $50 cancelation fee. Information in email afterwards says may be subject not will be subject to a fee. The only way to get the fee waived is to call Dollar Economy and have them waive it but guess what? Dollar Economy has no one answering their phones.

#1 Your directions need to be made more clear at the time of reservation. I've made plenty of reservation that I didn't have to pay ahead of time so it not like I'm a dummy. #2 If you are going to partner with unreliable businesses then you should be responsible for their lack of customer service. I will NEVER use Travelocity again!!!!

Reviewed Feb. 13, 2023

It states that you will not be charged until check in. I got to my hotel and was charged by the hotel. When I checked my bank, Travelocity had already charged me. This was a birthday trip at a casino for my boyfriend, so having funds in the bank was important. Well, a $350 extra tab ruined the weekend thanks to Travelocity and customer service is not helping with a refund after my stay, even with numerous calls and bank screenshots.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed Feb. 12, 2023

I booked a flight with Travelocity and got a message stating that if I booked a hotel within 24 hours I would get 20% off. So I clicked the link and booked my hotel only to find out the rate was not 20% off at all. I went on the website a little bit later to look at photos of the hotel, and for the heck of it, checked the rates and found it was the same. I contacted Travelocity through customer service, and they basically said there was nothing they could do. Do not book with them as all of their advertise discounts, or scams in one way or the other and customer service could care less.

Reviewed Feb. 5, 2023

Booked LAX Maui but needed to cancel. Trying to get answers about my refund was a nightmare. The only "customer service" was out of the country and it seemed as if the non helpful answer were read from a script. When asked to speak to a manager...none available. I even tried to call Travelocity corporate headquarters, but again out of the country & only a recording. This was a very frustrating experience that took hours of my time. I would not recommend Travelocity.

Reviewed Jan. 30, 2023

Book my vacation then 12 hours later try to cancel it. The reservation is never told me it was nonrefundable till I got the email. Called them and told them that I’ll still go because of the nonrefundable and she said she cannot turn it into a live reservation again!! Beware. Do not give them your credit card information.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed Jan. 15, 2023

Once you book and pay, say bye bye to any support. You will never reach anyone who can or will help you. Scam, rip off, bait and switch. Paid way more, had issues with hotel and they did not care at all. Always book direct with hotel and airlines.

Price

Reviewed Jan. 10, 2023

I paid my flight from DFW to Cameroon amounted to $1200 and I called the travel agency prior to my travel date to reschedule my flight. Guess what this company is charging me an extra fee of $3500 to pay. I will not recommend any one reading this comment to book flight through TRAVELOCITY. There are scams. I am taking the initiative to inform my friends never to book their flights ✈️ through this third part agent. This is crazy.

Customer ServiceCoveragePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Jan. 1, 2023

Had an absolutely horrible experience with Travelocity. Will never book with them again. My trip was heavily affected by weather, and my first flight was changed quickly and efficiently due to the circumstances. However, my return flight was also heavily affected by weather and when I called Travelocity they told me I needed to contact WestJet. I spent 4 hours on hold for WestJet, and finally when WestJet answered they were very helpful, telling me I was covered under a special weather policy they had that was effective until the 8th. WestJet told me they took notes on their end and would wait for a call from Travelocity to get my flight changed for me no problem.

Upon contacting Travelocity again, they lied to me repeatedly, saying they "weren't allowed to call the airlines" and that WestJet's phone lines are "closed" so they wouldn't be able to reach them anyway. (By the way, I called WestJet again immediately afterwards and they confirmed for me that their phone lines were 24/7). Eventually the agent I was speaking to put her supervisor on at my request and he cut me off whenever I tried to explain the situation and hung up on me. They told me they'd call me back within 24 hours and to no one's surprise, they did not. Also, I purchased travel insurance on my flights through Travelocity which is supposed to cover flight cancellation and interruption, so I'm not sure why they were trying to convince me that they couldn't do anything.

I have honestly never experienced customer service quite like this before. I very patiently spent 6 hours of my life just trying to get my flight changed since WestJet's policy allowed me to do so, and Travelocity probably spent more time making the process as difficult as possible than it would've taken to just... call WestJet and switch it. Do NOT book with Travelocity, honestly just go directly through the airline. The airlines are much easier to deal with if anything unexpected happens regarding your trip. Cut out the middleman!

Reviewed Dec. 16, 2022

I made plans for flight from Texas to Michigan and back so I could go see my daughter graduate college. I found out I had cancer and had to start treatment so I was unable to go. When I tried to cancel I was told I would receive. I paid $423.00. Travelocity gave me a credit of $207.00 that must be used within one year. What travelocity did not tell me was when I use the credit I have to pay a $99 booking fee. This is nothing more than highway robbery. Never will I use them again. If I could give them a zero star I would. Never again

Reviewed Dec. 9, 2022

We purchased tickets through them for an American Airline flight for July of 2021. We then had a death in the family and they said they needed to check with American Airlines to see if they would credit or refund. Of course it was only a credit. ANDDD the credit needed to be used by Feb of 2022. Now we go to book for a flight and the flight to Tennessee for January 2022. AS PER the chat instructions we received from their customer service on 10/2022 we could book either with them or American Airlines direct. AND YES I have screenshots of the entire conversation.

So we go to book through American and reserve the seats for $530. Then go to pay with our credit and AMERICAN says that can not be done with the credit and you must call and go through Travelocity. Then we speak with a REP from Travelocity. FOR 3 HOURS!!! She can NOT book the seats because she doesn't see them on her END. 3 HOURS and this poorly trained representative of this ridiculous company can not find the seats we were about to book. SO we needed to book an earlier return flight. HERE'S the theft kicker. THEY THEN INCREASED THE COST OF THE FLIGHT TO over $700.00. THEY said there were service charges and additional fees. IF there is any Attorney reading this and needs witnesses/victims of theft or fraud, please feel free to contact us. In closing DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY. R K

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Nov. 21, 2022

I had a trip scheduled for Egypt when I got hurt and had to cancel. I booked the air part on Travelocity and took out flight insurance. When I got sick I cancelled the flight and the agent told me I was to get a refund for the flight which they sent an email to confirm. For more than 2 months and constant calls Travelocity has told me the refund was coming and then in the last call lied to me about a transaction with my "bank" and gave me a number. They told me the refund was on the 13th of October, but my first interaction with their support for cancellation was on the 14th October.

Their support people lie to me on every call. Meanwhile their email was used to get my flight insurance paid for the difference. Travelocity cost me over 600 dollars by lying to me. I will never ever book with them again. They lie to their customers and cause hardship by being dishonest. I have yet to get a truthful answer.

Reviewed Nov. 4, 2022

NEVER AGAIN. Dealing with Travelocity was a nightmare from start to finish. They are absolute CROOKS. They stole our money, told us they had no proof of our bookings, but we have their confirmations, couldn't help us, hung up on us, and left us stranded in a foreign country with no other option than to buy new last minute tickets to get home! Worst experience I've ever had traveling. Don't trust Travelocity.

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2022

BUYER BEWARE... Travelocity is now using slum lord hotels. We traveled to Seattle and was booked to stay at Ramada by Wyndham SeaTac Airport North. Let me tell you about this place 1st. Pros?? NONE. CONS? Where do I begin?

1. Mouse crap on the bed!!
    2. Smelled like urine as soon as you walked in the lobby!
    3. Mouse CRAP on the bed!!
    4. Bed was nasty besides the mouse CRAP sheets, pillows and bedspread had stains all over including red possibly blood stains.
    5. MOUSE CRAP ON STAINED NASTY BED!!
    6. The room was FILTHY floors not cleaned crumbs all over the place!!
    7. MOUSE CRAP ON THE BED!!
    8. The bathroom was DISGUSTING piss on the toilet seat tub was NASTY!
    9. YEP you guessed it MOUSE CRAP ON THE BLOOD STAINED BED!!

10. Front desk DID NOT care!!! Refused to give us a refund we left and went to a Best Western!

So I reached out to Travelocity and after approx. 15 emails back and forth they refused us any type of refund not 1 red cent!! NOTHING! Said they had to honor the hotel's no refund policy. Really? I booked through YOU!!

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Oct. 16, 2022

I would like to bring to your attention the experience my wife had at the Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds which we booked through Travelocity. We made the reservation to be close to the Tampa airport as my wife had an early flight on Oct. 8. When we arrived at the Inn, checked in and went to our room we found it to be FILTHY! The bed sheets were dirty, there were dead bugs on the bed/sheets, there was a hole in the bathroom door and the bathtub was FILTHY.

We did not stay and asked for a refund. The desk person told me we would have to contact Travelocity. This is not an easy thing to do. Looking at your website I see no way to contact a customer service person. All I see is a virtual chat contact point. This was of no assistance. Therefore, I contacted Red Roof at guestin@redroof.com on Oct. 9, 12 and 13th. I received emails from Rebecca, Lisa and Katlyn. I asked for a fair reimbursement of $500 which would cover the cost of the Travelocity/Red Roof refund, time, money, and gas that this FILTHY room cost us.

As it was late in the day and last minute, we could only find a hotel with a vacancy (due to hurricane Ian) 30+ miles north and out of our way. This cost us time, money, and gas. A result of being 30+ miles north we had to get up much earlier than expected. Red Roof only offered a certificate for a free night stay. We find this to be insulting. I am shocked that Travelocity would recommend/offer such a FILTHY property on your website and have no way to contact you through your site. We are only looking for reasonable reimbursement of $500. You consideration is appreciated.

George

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Oct. 4, 2022

You can never get a person on the phone or a straight answer... They like to pass the buck back and forth between the hotel/flight... I had to cancel my reservation because it was the wrong day, not my fault... They shouldn't charge you before you check in to the hotel... I want my money back from these people. They stole my money... I will never use them ever again...

Customer ServiceCoverageSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Oct. 1, 2022

I rented two cars for a week in Italy through Travelocity. I paid $88/car for FULL damage coverage through Travelocity. When I arrived at SIXT car rental agency in Florence Italy, I was told by the agent that my current damage coverage was inadequate. I was told that I need to pay an additional $300/car for FULL coverage. I am now out $776 for insurance coverage. So who is deceptive?

I have asked Travelocity for a refund of $600. The customer service agent says the he is very sorry, but Travelocity is not responsible! I was told that I need to call AIG insurance and request a refund of $176. Travelocity disclaims any responsibility for SIXT rental car company. I booked the rental cars through Travelocity website. In my opinion, Travelocity is responsible for vendors they use on their site. This is disreputable business at best and maybe scam at worst. Buyer beware! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH TRAVELOCITY OR SIXT RENTAL CAR COMPANY.

Customer ServiceCoveragePrice

Reviewed Sept. 26, 2022

I booked a flight to Japan while country wide Covid lockdowns were in place (far in advance). I paid $204 for Travel Guard insurance to be safe. The policy states it covers trip cancellation, fine print says otherwise. Basically, they sell very expensive insurance which is likely to be useless in the event that you need it. Their customer service was friendly but their hands are tied. I strongly recommend avoiding Travelocity and any other Expedia owned company. Their business practices have proven dishonest, opportunistic and predatory, I'll never use them again. Period.