1.32/5

Looking for a travel site?

Travelocity

Looking for a travel site?

1459 Travelocity Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 18, 2019

When I recently booked a suite using the Travelocity company for a supposed discounted rate, I am very unhappy with their customer service! The suite I booked cost almost 200 American dollars so I honestly expected more amenities than just free wi-fi! At the very least a complimentary breakfast!!! Upon contacting the hotel and then the customer support it was determined that I will have to pay an additional 10 bucks per person if I would like to enjoy breakfast at the hotel that I paid almost 200 American bucks for ONE nights stay!!! THAT IS JUST OUTRAGEOUS when I could have paid 50 bucks for a cheap hotel room and received a complimentary breakfast!

Also I have never used Travelocity before and they offer a 15% discount to first time customers if you download their app on your smartphone, that is all it says when you are offered this discount so of course I downloaded the app and I do not qualify for this rate because my reservation was not a "pay now" reservation!! Well when I booked it their (Travelocity's) website did not allow me the option to pay now or upon arriving at the hotel and I told customer care that and she said there is an icon that says if it is a pay now or later reservation and I should have noticed this. I was not informed of this issue before downloading this nor does it state this in the offer!!! Very dissatisfied with this whole trip and I will never use Travelocity again!!!!

Original review: July 17, 2019

DO NOT USE TRAVELOCITY. I booked a round trip flight for my family which totaled $2200, and was charged TWICE. Meaning they charged/booked 8 tickets instead of 4, and charged me over $4000.... and then told me it would take EIGHT WEEKS to get my money back. TERRIBLE customer service, no one knew what was going on, I had to call 4 times to get any kind of answer. Avoid at all costs.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Worst ever! For starters, they messed up my flight. 3 hours on the phone to fix and I wish that were an exaggeration. Finally get to departure date flight. Goes usual, landed around 11pm, drive to hotel and it's Overbooked. I was frustrated but I understood that things happen. On hold again and it is 1am. 1:45 and the representative finally comes back to the line and asks "will you stay in a room without air conditioning?" SERIOUSLY?!? It is 99° at my destination and that is at almost 2am. Finally got a room at a different property. I asked to speak to customer service. After more hold time I get excuses about whose fault it is and how I at least wasn't asked to pay more money (all prepaid trip). I then ask for a customer service supervisor. Yes, more hold time. No resolution and I was on hold yet again. Supposedly I would get a call from a customer service manager the following day....

Original review: July 11, 2019

Rental car included in package, arrived in Milan to find that Travelocity had not paid Budget and had to pay 1026 USD out of pocket just to make it out of the airport. Return flight home cancelled. Spent a minimum of 20 hours of my vacation in Italy on the phone with them. Do not use Travelocity. Nightmare experience.

Original review: July 2, 2019

My company requires that I submit an itemized receipt for travel reimbursement, which is obviously standard. I reached out to Travelocity because they only provide the itinerary with the total cost of the flight and hotel. However, the customer service team said they could not provide me with an itemized receipt. It should be incredibly easy for them to send over the individual rates for the flight and hotel that were booked, but they refuse to do so. My reimbursement is now being held up because of their unwillingness to provide this document.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

Original review: July 2, 2019

The worse company in the world to book a flight through. I will never again use these people. Countless hours on hold to change a flight. Call backs with no one on the other line. Being hung up on after writing 45 min to reach a live person. I paid for a flight change and they changed my flight date and destination without my knowledge. Most customer service reps do not even speak any English. Horrible experience. Someone should investigate Travelocity for horrible business practice.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I booked a hotel that clearly said all taxes and fees were included. When I arrived at the hotel, I was forced to pay an additional $124 tax. I complained to Travelocity because they should have informed me of this additional tax from the outset or included it in my purchase price. I felt like they pulled a scam on me. Will never use Travelocity again if they fail to charge a true price.

Original review: July 1, 2019

Ordered a ticket, tried to cancel within 30 minutes and didn't get a penny back. Unless you are 1000% sure you have the exact flight you want, don't use Travelocity. Unless you have 3 hours to read all the fine print, you may end up getting billed with no way to get a refund. Furthermore, I had to click "Place Order" to get the itinerary. And then I got billed. So, I am stuck, extra hotel and perhaps missing a day with my daughter.

Original review: June 27, 2019

I booked four rooms for four nights in a Barcelona hotel. I needed to cancel one night for one room. Instead of cancelling one night, they required that I cancel the entire booking for the room and re-book at a rate $100 per night more expensive than the original booking. That would have cost more than leaving the booking as is. I have used Travelocity many times over the years but no more.

Original review: June 27, 2019

POOR SERVICE! I booked a flight for my parents in the month of April that was supposed to fly in the month of July. In June they said that the flight I booked was no more available, they provided alternatives that weren't even covering the entire trip. For more than 10 days I followed them to make corrections, and they still haven't taken any action.

Travelocity Company Information