2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.25/5

Travelocity Reviews

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I booked through Travelocity at a hotel in Montgomery, Al while traveling from Florida to Michigan. We chose this hotel for the indoor pool and hot tub, so we could relax after driving all day. There was an option of pay now or when you get to your hotel. We chose to.pay when we got there. Apparently, this nullifies their guarantee to make things right for you if you encounter problems with the hotel. Nowhere on their site do they tell you this. After arriving, checking in, and going to the pool, we find that the hot tub isn't working, and the indoor pool is not heated and is freezing!

Asked for compensation at the hotel because it was too late to move all 3 rooms to a different hotel. Nope. You booked through a 3rd party so we aren't responsible to do anything for you. Contacted Travelocity. Nope. You chose to pay at the hotel, so we don't have to do anything for you. Spent 3 hours with crying children, and very unhappy adults because we had all looked forward to swimming and relaxing in the hot tub before bed. Hotel staff didn't care, she was on her phone the whole time we were there. Travelocity needs to verify amenities they advertise on their site. This hotel was rated 4.1 by them. Not even close.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

NEVER NEVER NEVER use Travelocity again. I called Travelocity before booking to confirm I could change flight as I had to fly for family emergency and expected I would have to change return date. They said no problem, but there would be a $150 fee. After flying one way, I called to change the return date. I was left on hold for 4 hours occasionally with an agent saying they were working on it. Now they say my ticket didn't allow changes, and but they could cancel the return leg of my flight and issue me with a one way ticket to "help" me. The price of this "help" was much more expensive than for me to book a full one way fare with a much better airline. So I decided to call again.

After being put on hold for at least 2 hours on two more occasions I was told they would find a way to change the flight and get back to me. Finally, I got an e-mail back two days later, which was AFTER the original and rescheduled flights had already left, thanking me for contacting them, and giving me a phone number I could call to make the change. Luckily I already paid and booked another airline to get home, but costing me over $900 to do. After getting home I called several times to see if I could get any refund and each time was given the same runaround. In fact, after waiting an hour, the call connected to the original airline (whom Travelocity themselves said would not be able to help as I booked through them) to get a recorded message to say their office was closed. TRAVELOCITY I hope you are reading this so that you understand the dozens of flights I book every year for my work will never be with you again.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

We had to evacuate from our home in Port Arthur, Texas, this past month when we had a nearby explosion at a local plant. We arranged for a hotel through Travelocity. About 15 minutes after we made reservations for a stay that would have cost several hundred dollars for us and for our adult daughter, we had a relative that offered to let us come and stay with them until our area was safe again and we could return home. We were very grateful and accepted their offer. I called Travelocity to see if I could cancel our reservations without having to pay a fee and the wonderful gentleman on duty put me on hold, called the hotel, explained the situation, and got us a complete refund!!! Now, THAT is what I call amazing service. THANK YOU, TRAVELOCITY for relieving our stress and significantly impacting our finances...in a good way! I highly recommend this company!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

Just wow. My sister passed away and I used Travelocity to book my trip. Once I was there I was so upset I could not stay. Try to change my flight home and was on the phone for 5 hours. Ended up buying another flight through the airlines. Customer service is horrible. Will not recommend or use again.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Booked a flight with Travelocity and paid extra for their 'flight insurance'. My wife got the flu and we canceled the flight a month in advance but they refused to honor the insurance unless we provided a written note from a physician (what is this high school?). End result, I'm out $1400 (and tried to cancel a month before the flight). I'd classify that as a ripoff!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I wanted to rent a car through their website, but it asks me to pay for a car and tell me only general information about the company policy. I want to cross the border with the car and all they say is this: "Geographical restrictions may apply, even for rental contracts that feature unlimited mileage. Some car rental companies do not allow you to take their vehicles across certain domestic or international borders, or may apply an additional charge to do so." I lost good time on their website before running into this problem.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I believe I have gotten good deals, when I book a flight and hotel together. However, I feel like I get the crappiest rooms in the hotel. Ones that need to be repaired, somehow. Not all my rooms have been terrible, but I am over this. When I check the flight prices on the airlines' websites, I get the same price as Travelocity site. So the deal is with the hotel price. I am going to join a hotel rewards program and see how that goes. Bye bye travelocity.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I booked a trip with Travelocity for my wife and by mistake I entered her married name but since she doesn’t have a US passport she has to travel with her passport that has her maiden name. Travelocity and Latam airlines both asked for a copy of her passport, a copy of her alien card with her married name and a copy of the marriage certificate. I submitted everything to both. And yesterday I received an email saying that the name cannot be changed and that my Ticket will be forfeited. So I stand to lose $1300 because they could not resolve my issue and they did not offer a discount on another ticket or a credit or some sort of a refund. I am very upset since I have been doing business with them for probably 15 years and they didn’t care about losing me as a customer.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Travelocity charged our credit card in August for a non-existent room vacancy in November. Also, I found out later that I would have saved a lot of money by calling the hotel directly but that’s on me for not verifying Travelocity’s bogus “deal” so neither of those two things is the source of my complaint. I can afford a more expensive room and I understand that mistakes happen. My complaint is that, in addition to all that, the “help line” people do not appear to be there to help but to keep putting you on hold till your vacation is over and you give up (they literally kept us on hold for most of the 2 miserable hours of what Travelocity calls “help”). My wife and her two older lady friends were stuck standing in a cold, dark parking lot outside the closed hotel while the Travelocity “help” personnel said it wasn’t their fault and to call the hotel because it wasn’t their fault that the vacancy they advertised and took our money for didn’t exist.

Even worse than all of that (if that’s possible), they were worse than moderately incompetent at finding an alternative room). Even after asking for a supervisor, that "supervisor" said that this wasn’t their fault and that there was not a good replacement hotel near where we wanted to be. She was apparently trying to get us to accept a much lower class accommodation (she suggested a distant hotel that was on the order of a Motel Six ostensibly to save Travelocity the expense of a more expensive last minute reservation that would be a fair equivalent).

We found her claim that the Holiday Inn Express (which is no palace but would have provided a nice warm place to sleep which sounded pretty good right then) had no available rooms like the one we'd reserved back in August. We discovered that to be a lie by 1) seeing the availability on the public Holiday Inn website via a cell phone (even while the "supervisor" continued to say it wasn't there), 2) by ultimately reserving said room despite Travelocity continuing to slow us down and resisting progress by repeatedly leaving us on hold for progressively longer periods...Ostensibly hoping we would freeze to death or accept a dump replacement room and 3) when arriving at the hotel there were plenty of other similar rooms available at that hotel even though the Travelocity rep continued to tell three women in a cold parking lot that there was "no room at the inn".

(Yes, that's a seasonal reference, one that highlights how wrong it is to try and take advantage of a stranded woman in the cold rather than helping.) Honest mistakes happen to everybody and there are good companies that provide competent people who really try to make things right when they make a mistake. Travelocity is not one of those companies.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

I booked several flights for a family trip and later we needed to change the dates. Ended up taking around two and a half hours on the phone, including being put on hold around 8 times and disconnected once. Eventually ended up talking to someone from corporate who said something to the effect of “Consider yourself lucky, some people are on the phone with us for six hours”. LOL. Nothing to brag about there, Travelocity!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Hi, We bought 2 premium tickets. On Travelocity for a trip going from Lagos fo Houston on Delta but were given Economy tickets. Nothing has been done to rectify this. We demand a refund of the excess paid for the premium economy.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Honestly, I am just disgusted with the way Travelocity does business!! If I could give zero stars I would! In August of 2019 we booked three hotel rooms at the Holiday Inn & Suites in Ft. Lauderdale 12-1-19/12-6-19 for a one week Motorola training event. The middle of October the event was moved to a different location so I called Travelocity to cancel the reservations. The Travelocity agent said there would be no refund issued because the hotel is negotiating cancellations. I asked what does that mean because all hotels cancel reservations. I was told that the hotel would not give a refund so I would lose the entire $2800 that I paid. They said that they have nothing to do with the no refund policy and that I would need to call the hotel.

When I called the hotel I was told that they offer refunds and that it was Travelocity's policy not to refund reservations. This is poor business practice and robbery. I have owned my business for over 34 years and I assure you that I do not do business this way or I wouldn't still be in business. I will be sure that I take advantage of every opportunity to tell everyone I know and meet about this experience to ensure that they NEVER use Travelocity.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Hotel Booking Plus is a scam, I tried to change a booking thinking that I paid extra to have the option of changing a hotel booking months in advance. Received no help from Travelocity who brushed me off on the Hotel and then a third party insurance company. You must read the fine print, do not pay for the Protection Plus. It does absolutely nothing for you. Much better experience with Hotels.com when my itinerary had to be changed.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I paid for 3 first class flights from Houston to Campeche, Mexico totally approximately $4,000.00. My itinerary showed Business Class from IAH to MX and COACH from Mexico City to Campeche. I called Travelocity and told them that I could fly Coach for $400.00 each ticket totaling $1,200 and wanted a refund for paying 1st class and not getting it. They told me they would request a refund from Delta but they couldn’t request it until after my trip. They gave me a $200 coupon to use for future travel.

When I called Travelocity after my flight they told me that I should have known what I paid for and they could not request a refund. That I accepted $200 and that’s the refund. That was ridiculous because the $200 coupon was for my trouble of having to call Travelocity and go through many agents until someone finally told me to take the trip and then they’d request a refund. THEY TOTALLY LIED. As long as you dont need their help they are fine but the minute you have a problem they tell you what you want to hear and dont care about lying because they already have your money. You’ve been warned. Take your business elsewhere!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

My husband and I purchase tickets at the end of August for a trip to see his father over the Labor Day holiday. Hurricane Dorian decided to hit and Travelocity notified us that our flight was cancelled. We contacted Travelocity to find out what to do to get another flight. We were told to purchase new tickets for a later date and that our account would be reimbursed for the cancelled tickets within 5 business days. We never got reimbursed. We call asking about it and Travelocity said, "No... you have to contact the airline." The airline said, "No...you have to get it from Travelocity." Called Travelocity to tell them Delta said Travelocity owed it. Travelocity called airline with me on the other line and Delta told them they issued the refund which they did not so I called Delta again and they said, "No... that money is with Travelocity so you have to get it from them."

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Went on Travelocity to book a room for one night out of town. Their ad for 15% off came up, so I decided to use it. All the way thru the process I was looking for a place to enter the code to get the discount, it never came up, not even after I booked the room. Travelocity's customer service department would only say that I had to use the code before booking the room. WT-? How am I to use the code if they don't provide a place to enter the code??? What a scam! Their customer service department stopped replying and refuses to admit their screw up or scam!!! I'll never use them again!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

I booked a hotel in Santa Barbara 3 weeks before our trip. Location was the most important thing for us as we were traveling by train with no car to get around. When we got to the hotel they had no reservations for us. They managed to get us a room for the first night but were booked solid on night two. I called Travelocity and they spoke to the manager who explained their reservations were never pushed through to him so they never received it. Travelocity found us a room for night two but it was way out of town and not at all what we would have chosen. They basically ruined our weekend away. I will never use a Travelocity again.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I recently researched a Canadian hotel through Travelocity. The Canadian Price, in Canadian Dollars was reasonable. However, at some point, I wound up on the U.S. site, -- unbeknownst to me -- and therefore was charged in US Dollars, bumping up my cost by $50.00. Did not see that until my credit card bill came in. As I have an obvious Canadian email address, and an account with Travelocity.ca, I think it is poor business practice that the company did not inform me of my mistake. Amazon.com ALWAYS informs me that I might prefer to go through Amazon.ca. When I called Travelocity.com, the supervisor refused a credit. Buyer beware!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I purchased two tickets to Barcelona. I was informed by Travelocity in an email that my ticket was canceled. Weirdly, only my ticket, not my partner's. The email went on to offer me two options to change my outgoing flight. It made no mention of my return flight. I called and spoke to an agent who said I was able (and therefore my partner was also) to cancel our reservations since the new outgoing flight options changed our wait time in Dublin from 2 hours to 12. I said I wanted to discuss with my partner. I called back and stated we wanted to cancel both reservations. After a wait of 40 minutes I was told my reservation was canceled but my partner's was not because the problem was with my return flight! My return was different than my partner's. This was not mentioned in the email I received.

Their resolution was my partner would keep the same reservation and I could make a new one. There was no concern that this would cost me more since I was booking later. While on hold I visited the site of the airline providing the service and found shorter and less expensive options. You are not getting the best deal you can find through Travelocity. A little extra time on the internet to visit airline sites will find better deals. Expedia – owns Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Hotwire and eBookers. I suggest you stay away from all of them.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Took my daughter on a trip to Europe for her birthday, was put on 6 different planes, arrived 3 days late. Rental car never paid for by Travelocity although I prepaid for the car. Arrived in Milan to have to put up $1025.00 just to be able to leave. Lost thousands of dollars in prepaid hotel rooms, and my flight home was canceled, they essentially left us stranded in a foreign country. Do not consider using them and jeopordizing your family's safety. I also paid for the "Travel Guard" insurance and received zero reimbursement. They offered to pay for half of one of the flights instead of reimbursing the entire trip.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

Normally I use Priceline and have no issues. Today I decided to book a one way flight with Travelocity. All was going well and I click confirm booking and then site informs me it couldn't complete booking and to try again in a few minutes. I decide to check my bank account and the charge has already been taken from my account but yet I received NO confirmation or itinerary number. I have been trying to reach customer service but have had no response. I am furious at the fact that I have no flight confirmation but my money has been taken. If this issue is not resolved by tomorrow morning I will be disputing it with my bank account. Travelocity is horrible and I will never use this site again.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

When entering my trip information I decided to click on best price tab. It required me to enter my payment information before showing me anything, after which it completely and arbitrarily changed from a direct flight both ways leaving at specific times to non direct flights at completely different times. Found out I couldn't change it, that I bought and paid for it even if there was no prior indication they would change everything except day leaving and day returning! Complete fiasco!!!

Obviously should have showed me they changed things before I paid for it! Bait and switch.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

My family and I were to go from NYC to Nova Scotia for week on July. My mother got infection in foot and spine issues before travel date and had medical documents and doctor note stating she not travel. Trip was cha was charged and booked way before medical crisis. When needed cancel they did not help with credit or reimbursement. A dispute with credit card for hotel, car and flight had beade. Regards to a travel agency website this is unacceptable and small business bureau should investigate honesty of this travel company.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Made a reservation via Travelocity for flight and car rental in to Monterrey, MX. Long story short I was told the insurance I paid for the vehicle was not valid and that I had two choices. 1) pay 350 for colisión coverage (please note this is more than half of my total purchase price for flight and rental) or 2) they place a hold of 2500 USD on my cc. Called Travelocity and it became a he said she said. I got screwed by both Travelocity and Avis Car rental in Monterrey, MX. DO NOT use these vendors. They are full of **!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Travelocity screwed up my booking. I spent over one hour and a half. The end result, the not so smart agent whom did not know what she was doing, eventually gave up. I will never use Travelocity again. Wow, what a disaster. I tried to rate them zero stars, but this system does not allow it, therefore, I was forced to give them one star.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

This has been the worst experience I have EVER had with a travel agency/booking website! I personally will NEVER use Travelocity ever again!! I would rather pay hundreds of dollars more on a different site or with the airline directly to avoid the possibility of an issue with booking the ticket and having to rely on the Travelocity representatives to fix the issue.

I had two letters in my middle name that were inverted, so I needed to have it changed to match my passport. I was told repeatedly by Travelocity that its policy for fees/charges for name corrections was that it would charge whatever the airline required. In this case, a typical name correction for the airline I booked with would cost $130 per name. However, the airline had an exception for minor mistakes which stated, "[i]f you've made a small spelling mistake with your name, get in touch with us and we'll correct this free of charge, up to 3 characters per name." Because my middle name had two inverted letters, I was told directly by the airline that this exception would apply in my case. Therefore, in accordance with Travelocity's policy of following the airline's policy for this issues, I should not be charged by Travelocity for the change.

However, when I called Travelocity and eventually was transferred to the correct department, the Travelocity representative "called" the airline to check the policy, and the representative told me that it would be $130. After trying to correct this discrepancy, I called to confirm that Travelocity actually called to confirm the policy, and the airline representative told me that no Travelocity representative had actually called to confirm the policy. I interpreted this to mean that the Travelocity representative had LIED to me about checking the policy, and they just wanted to collect the fee and not actually help me. Thankfully, after calling many more times, it was later confirmed that subsequent Travelocity representatives had called in response to my many inquiries about this issue. However, the discrepancy was still not being corrected.

I finally tried to find other solutions by asking if I could do a three-way call with the airline representative and Travelocity representative. The initial Travelocity representative said that it was not allowed, but the name change Travelocity representative said that we could do this. After an hour long three-way call with the airline representative and Travelocity representative, the Travelocity representative was finally told the correct information, and I was given the name change for free.

Although the issue was finally resolved, all of this should not have been necessary. I should not have had to take over 6 hours of my own time to make these phone calls, and my own extreme hard work to get this issue resolved. Travelocity representatives should be there to advocate for and assist their customers in the best way possible. Unfortunately, my impression was that the Travelocity representative simply wanted to get the easy answer and get off the phone instead of working hard to resolve the problem. I am extremely disappointed in Travelocity's willingness to help its customers and diligence in finding the correct answer. For these reasons I will never use Travelocity again.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I've been planning this family vacation for the longest. Ok, we booked the flights. "Reserved" the vehicle through Travelocity. I went to pick up the vehicle and was told it wasn't an existing reservation under my credit card that was charged for the vehicle. I am highly disappointed because not only did they charge my account but ruined my family's day because there were no car available at the moment! NEVER AGAIN WILL I EVER BOOK A CAR THROUGH TRAVELOCITY! EVER!!!! I had to pay double the cost for a car the next day!!!!

Original review: July 25, 2019

I booked a room at Sleep Inn in SeaTac following a hike in the area. The air conditioner was non-functional the whole night, not providing any relief to the muggy, stifling heat. I called the front desk about it twice throughout the night, to which they offered to bring a fan (which would have done nothing to improve the situation). The next morning, I confronted them at the desk in person about my negative experience as I had gotten no meaningful rest the whole night. They were dismissive and outright lied about having offered to come inspect the unit, which never was mentioned. I refused their offer of the fan because I wasn't in the mood to be slowly dehydrated.

They sent a maintenance man at that point, and we accompanied him to the room. He lied again saying the air conditioner was working, even though we were standing right there and it was weakly blowing air. Not bringing the temperature down even a little. They reported these lies to Travelocity who stood behind their judgment and refused to offer compensation for the absurd conditions of their room. I will never book through Travelocity again and I recommend no one else either.

Original review: July 24, 2019

I booked a trip, including flight, hotel and car rental on this site. At the end of it, I submitted payment and received an error message that it could not process. Later that day, there was a charge on the card I used. I called them the following day and they said the one I submitted was cancelled. I explained that I called the credit card that had been charged and they said it was done on Travelocity's end. Never going to use this site again for travel.

Original review: July 24, 2019

I booked 3 hotel rooms that were pet friendly through Travelocity. At all three when we arrived were not expecting our pet, charged us additional charges and moved us to different rooms than booked. Called Travelocity and spoke to a supervisor, Judy, and that got me nowhere. Beware booking through these people. And also the ones you speak with there have very poor English so be prepared for a lot of scratching your head while talking.

Travelocity Company Information