2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

3.7/5 (1419 ratings)

About Travelocity

Travelocity Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

You will never get a REFUND! I am a business traveler and have been to about 200+ properties. I took pictures of a disgusting room with bed bugs/hair in towels and after hours of customer service calls and back and forth with the property, all I got was a generic answer. There are far better travel sites that actual care about their customers.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I recently travelled to Mexico with a large group. I coordinated all the travel and lodging. Travel was booked pre-covid and I had to make some changes post-covid. I literally spend 8 hours making a simple change. I needed to cancel 1 room and 2 travelers and I spent 8 hours to change them. I will not be utilizing Travelocity anytime in the near or distant future.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

Been trying to get my money refunded since June 2020 since two trips out of the USA had to be canceled because of COVID19. They credited the airline tickets one for 3 months and the other for 1 year. Hopefully I can extend those since it's still COVID19 strong and it's November. They did not cancel my hotel in one location although I called the hotel myself and they would have refunded and just charge one night but Travelocity being the 2nd party refused. Not acceptable. I will not use them in the future.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

I have been dealing with Travelocity since March 2020 trying to get back $470 for my flights that had to be cancelled due to COVID. I have called and messaged many times; I have been put on hold for hours, hung up on, texts closed out; I have escalated to supervisors and was shut down. I was told to go to JetBlue but then redirected back to Travelocity. They will not give the money back; they will not allow a family member to use the money; they made it an extreme/near impossible challenge for me to even use the money. The credit is noted to be “JetBlue” credit and subject to their rules which, means a family member can use the credit yet Travelocity is negating what it’s stating and saying that, that is not allowed. They can not produce formal documentation of this policy and every time I asked I was either hung up on or put on hold. I have been patronized and ignored. $470 to this company is nothing.

I have even tried to contest the charges but, failed. I have read through many many reviews and realized my story is exactly the same. This is not right and the sign of really poor, crook like business model. I am still fighting to get my money back but, in the meantime it is my mission to make sure I share my story along with the others to help prevent this from happening to others. Please do not go through this company. It is a terrible, useless 3rd party company that does nothing for you but, lock you in with red tape. You will be better off ordering directly from the airlines/hotels/car company’s. I will never use Travelocity again and will continue to discourage people around me from using it.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

Reserved travel reservations thru Travelocity, because of the covid virus, we and the airlines cancelled the trip. Received all refunds from hotels and tours and all the airlines, some in credit except for American Airlines. Very costly flights from CVG to Healthrow. Travelocity in an email to me stated a dollar amount that would be refunded in about 8 weeks. About 8 weeks later received a partial refund. Called and spoke to people at travelocity about the missing monies. Depending on who I talked to, received different stories ending with and get this one, you received the missing part of your refund 7 months Before you cancelled the trip. Which checking with my credit card is totally a lie. Strongly suggest everyone use a different travel agency.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

I will not recommend Travelocity to anybody again. Travelocity will sell you the tickets in ten minutes, but if you have any issues with your flight (changes) and you want a refund of your many, they won't help you. I have bought tickets trough Travelocity ($1,400) to travel (internationally) and there were many changes in the airline policies and in the itinerary as well. They offered me a refund due to these changes and suddenly they just back up and refuse to give me a full refund. My family is not even allowed to enter the destination due to COVID-19. How in the world they can deny you a refund and not give you your money back!? Again! We are not even allowed to enter the country!!

They won't help you, they will try to convince you that is your fault and ultimately your responsibility to deal with it. They are very good at making you think that is not their responsibility to keep you up-to-date on any Airline changes. They are willing to sell you these issues at any cost!. Very frustrated and disappointed. The Airline is American Airlines by the way. DO NOT BUY TICKETS THROUGH TRAVELOCITY!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

Like many other travelers our flights were cancelled to Peru in early April due to Covid and once we saw that things didn't look to get any better we decided to get our money back. When we called Travelocity they advised us to contact the Airline (Latam) so we did. Latam then advised us that we needed to go through Travelocity so we called them again. Travelocity advised us that this was incorrect and they would contact the airline and get back to us (which they never did) so I followed up (There were several calls back and forth trying to get a hold of a Supervisor to escalate the issue since Travelocity Reps would tell us one thing and the airline would tell us another). When I finally got ahold of a Travelocity Supervisor he advised me that they had contacted the airline and that the refund process would take 12 weeks. I then received an email from Travelocity requesting our passport numbers so that they could finish processing our refund with the airline.

I called around week 4 and 6 to follow up. The rep advised me that they still hadn't received anything from the airline. Now it's week 14, I called the airline and they advised me that their last communication with Travelocity was 14 weeks ago when they called to find out about the process of refunds however they had not submitted any documentation for the request. I called Travelocity and was advised by the rep that a supervisor had already put in the request, when I confronted him with the information the airline gave me he "put me on hold" and then hung up. I waited a few minutes (because they always as for a number "just in case the call drops") but no he never called back. And here I am waiting another hour on hold and 14 weeks with no refund and no answers.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

We needed a last minute one way rental due to no flying on pandemic. Car rentals are always changeable and cancels allowed. Their headline says "free cancel on most cars" "Because flexibility matter". Travelocity's own words on their 2nd line of first page. Plans changed within 48 hours, wanted to add days or cancel. They refused. Would not provide a phone number. Spent hours and they are trying to bill us $200. They blamed Thrifty car rental. Thrifty says not so. Would never trust Travelocity. They lied, hid corporate phone number. Wasted 5 hours of my time. Lied to us several times. One chat room said I was not allowed to "escalate" this any further. Crooked, rude, arrogant, and would never use this company again.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

I booked 2 rooms through Travelocity for a business trip as I own 2 businesses. I cancelled the free cancellation rooms 48 hours prior to check in due to a category 2 hurricane hitting our home town within hours of my calling both the property and Travelocity. They told me, "No problem. Thanks for calling.." AS THEY'RE TAKING 781.67 OUT OF MY CHECKING ACCOUNT! I called and called and called! I even broke out with acting like I had no home training which kinda worked as they refunded me 100 bucks???? NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. I'VE HIRED AN ATTORNEY..

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

Details are too long to put in here, but after 3 1/2 hours talking with the corporate office! About buying 2 upcoming flights I am taking.... they basically said, "Too bad and we are sorry! Nor do we compensate for our OWN mistakes!" I LOST WAGES BECAUSE I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH THEM so long!! ONLY ONE PERSON SPOKE ENGLISH, THAT I I COULD UNDERSTAND!!! Company should be investigated by a government agency!!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I booked a room through Travelocity as my husband and I were taking a road trip from SC to PA. We took this trip because my husband has Stage IV cancer and he wanted to see family in his home town. We broke the trip up best we could but he was unable to make it any further on the night we booked one room, so we "cancelled" and stopped an hour shorter than originally planned. Three (3!) times I was told that they had called the hotel and the manager who needed to approve was unavailable, and then actually promised the "amazing follow up team" at Travelocity would call when the manager was supposed to be available and get back to me.

Fast forward and I just had the same conversation for the fourth time, only I was not given any false promises. I was simply told they were "sorry". And, they offered a voucher for $50 but why would I want to use this service again?!?! The reps all blamed the hotel for their policies but perhaps Travelocity shouldn't partner with a hotel that is seemingly so unavailable. I truly doubt they even called at all. I called the hotel myself. Thanks for nothing, Travelocity.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

In Dec 2019 (before the pandemic), I booked a non-refundable hotel, airfare and shuttle package from Travelocity for June 2020 to Rome. I also purchased a separate travel insurance policy with Nationwide (they won't help). Travelocity refunded the air and shuttle, but not the hotel, even though the hotel emailed me that they had approved my refund. I'm very disappointed and won't use Travelocity again! They stole my money!

Original review: July 31, 2020

Do not use this third party. The rates look like a good deal, but I'm telling you it is absolutely not worth it. I understand that there is some confusion with processes during COVID-19, but we are now 5 months in and I am still having the same communication issues with this company. It's constantly a "he said she said" excuse between the airline (AerLingus) and Travelocity, first with how I can get a refund (which it turns out I can't get even though there was an international travel ban beyond my control), then how to use the airline credits (which have to be used by August 1st or they are no longer valid... sounds illegal), and what the credits apply to exactly (flights only apparently, no excursions, no hotels, according to Travelocity even though Aer Lingus says this is not the case) and let's not forget that if your new flight costs less than the original you just lose out on that money.

I have spent WELL OVER 15 hours on the phone with Travelocity. They constantly say one thing and then reveal another hoop I have to jump through. It has been one thing after another with these companies and I can only imagine the amount of money they are scamming off of other people. After hours online and on the phone I'm losing $150, which may sound small, but this is only after I've argued for hours. Otherwise I'd be losing $963. As a part time student and a full time employee, this is not time or money easily replaced. Never again will I book through this company. Never.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I used Travelocity to make my fight plans in May 2020 and due to COVID19 I was given no choice and had to cancel my flights. Not my choice! If I chose to cancel my flight I would expect to have penalties, but this was NOT my choice. On July 27, 2020, I used my "credit" from May for new flights. The flight is now cheaper and I find out that because flights are cheaper-travelocity gets to keep $250.00. Travelocity did not let me keep the balance for a future flight credit or upgrade this flight. I was just informed that I forfeit the balance. Travelocity used a pandemic to make money--very bad business.

Original review: July 18, 2020

My friends and I (four couples total) booked flights and took the insurance, so if we had to cancel we would get our money back for the flight. Sadly, we had to cancel because of family members' issues (a death, an elderly dad with health issues and a sister with a fractured bone requiring surgery). We could NOT get a refund but instead only a credit for 24 months. That's not why we took the insurance! And customer service is handled in a foreign country.

Original review: July 10, 2020

As countless other reviews, we got "robbed" with our cancellation due to Covid. Our Bank would not get ahold of them, we would not get ahold of them, I was just able to talk to an incredibly rude person on their chat, when I politely said that, "I understand that in your position, you made not be able to comment on this or make this decision but I would like this to be escalated to the next higher up position," the reply was just "I'm the highest position here". Long story short, my bank did not get the money back, we did not get the money back, we have not even received a voucher - we canceled the trip 4 months ago. DO NOT USE TRAVELOCITY.

Original review: July 7, 2020

Tried to cancel due to COVID pandemic-could not reach, only got a busy signal for 3 days!! Had trip insurance but they would not pay! Total scam!! My credit card company tried to call them-all they got was a busy signal!

Original review: July 7, 2020

Travelocity is a scam. Do not use this company. I used the company many times before and will never use again. The airline that I booked through the vacation package cancel our flights. I paid for the insurance to safeguard the money I spent and it is totally useless. Travelocity refuses to give me a refund for the airfare I booked. I feel like I am being robbed. I recommend no one ever use this site or pay the extra for the insurance. I’ve been scammed.

Original review: June 30, 2020

I am frustrated and heart broken by my recent experience with Travelocity. I have a Disney vacation booked for my six year old son and I for July. Unfortunate, due to Covid 19 I have to push back the dates. My flight and hotel was covered and I am not being charged a change or cancellation fee for both, HOWEVER, after HOURS of speaking with a customer rep and her supervisor I was unable to rebook at the Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista hotel because they could not see the hotel on their end. This is where it all gets crazy!

I booked an amazing package deal for round trip flight and hotel stay at the Wyndham for under $700. I obviously have to reschedule my July trip so I call to push back my dates. I’m looking on THEIR WEBSITE and I notice a package deal for exactly what I have in November for $870.00 I request that package and I’m more than happy to pay the difference. Not only does the first rep but the supervisor also claims they do not see that package deal being offered on their site. They state they don’t even see the hotel listed on their site. They quote me an extra fee of $330 at first for my flight and start offering me separate hotel prices for $700 more. Mind you, I’ve paid about $700 for my package and in order to push back my dates I’m being charged $1,000 MORE.

Clearly, I’m livid and confused. I want a package deal! They both explain they cannot offer me package deal prices because I’ve already brought a package deal. This doesn’t make sense. I can’t travel on those dates because of a worldwide pandemic and I’m covered. Eventually after about 2-3 hours going back and forth she offers me a flight that magically has gone down to $7 extra instead of $330 and the Wyndham magically pops up on her end and is $1,114. To book on the dates I want. At this point, after asking for a package deal price comparable to what I’ve already paid for I decide to cancel my trip.

Once I cancel I’m told it will take 30 days for my hotel refund to get to me and I can’t get a refund on my airline ticket but I can call Delta with my flight information to see if I can cancel directly with them. So I cancel my trip and proceed to contact Delta where I’m informed I DO NOT have a flight booked with them and there is no record of my flight. I contact Travelocity again and I’m told by a different rep that Travelocity can only rebook my flight because they have my flight information.

PLEASE MAKE THIS MAKE SENSE!!!!! So I am forced to rebook my flight with them at whatever price they quote me because the flight is, according to them, refundable and they cannot refund my money due to delta policy but delta doesn’t have my information. Now I have to book a hotel stay some way, somehow, paying FULL PRICE instead of a package deal price that I ALREADY had booked. Sadly, my Disney trip has become a burden instead of a joy because it’s incredibly expensive when you don’t book as a package deal. I’m going to shout from the rooftop DO NOT USE TRAVELOCITY. They will not help you if you have an issue traveling.

Original review: June 26, 2020

Bought insurance to cover cancellation of hotel and flight and Travelocity did not apply it to the flight so I got screwed out of $1800.00 during covid-19 on United Airlines. They messed up and now it is my loss. I will never use Travelocity again. Customer service is horrible!!!! Imagine having to wait 2 hours on hold to escalate an issue....

Original review: June 25, 2020

Booked a flight SLC to Key West on 1/27/2020 for 3 people to attend a reunion. Covid hit. During March, April, May and June, Travelocity sent regular emails to me professing how much they cared and informing me of the option to cancel. Since we were not traveling until mid June, we did not feel the need to cancel. Again, regular emails from Travelocity. Then on June 11 another family member traveling to the reunion received notice of flight cancellation from Expedia, given a FULL REFUND. Still the only communication from Travelocity was the same "we care" emails. I decided to check our 3 person itinerary on Travelocity on Saturday 6/13 since we were to leave on 6/17. Unfortunately I relied on Travelocity to notify me of changes. On checking the itinerary, there were flags for flight changes both to and from Key West. Still absolutely nothing from Travelocity.

I called JetBlue (return flight) because the flight had been changed to the following day (25 hour delay). JetBlue shared with me Travelocity was notified of the flight change on MAY 10. JetBlue refunded money. I next tried calling Delta (flight to Key West) and after 2-1/2 hours on hold gave up trying to reschedule connection and was forced to CANCEL that portion on Travelocity. Still waiting for the flight voucher. Spent an additional $1470 all because of Travelocity. I will only deal directly with the airlines in the future, NEVER Travelocity or Expedia.

Original review: June 24, 2020

If I haven't said this before, I am stating it again. I will NEVER use Travelocity again. I am still on the phone after a Chat on their site this morning and then waiting for over an hour for a 'call back', and now on a call for over 1 hour to obtain a refund due to an airline's cancellation of part of my trip. If I had not 'screen shot' the conversation on Chat, I may not even be this far. They are lying to each other and to me. I am disputing the charges on my card at this time because they will not give me a full refund due to the changes the airline made. What can I do with a one way trip to Seattle? Maybe hitch a ride home when we are done? And I was told that that part of the trip was cancelled as well along with part of the return trip. All that was left was a trip from Seattle to Chicago.. This would be great if I LIVED IN SEATTLE OR CHICAGO... seriously. Okay done venting...for now.. Still on hold so maybe not..

Original review: June 22, 2020

I purchased a trip to Russia for May 2020. Due to Covid 19, the flight was canceled. My booking with Travelocity disappeared off of their website shortly thereafter and I made dozens of attempts to contact them and get this resolved. Finally, since it was within the 120 day window for credit card protection, I filed a dispute with American Express. I am pleased to state that although American Express took almost 2 months investigating this matter, in the end they did the right thing and refunded my ticket in full.

I will never use Travelocity for anything ever again. They are unprofessional and unresponsive. A visit to the BBB website will show such a high volume of complaints that they only show a fraction of them. I strongly recommend that you avoid this company. If there is any problems, you will have a nightmare on your hands.

John

Original review: June 11, 2020

On March 11, 2020, on the advice of one of my husband's physicians, I initiated action to cancel our upcoming trip planned for March 28, 2020, for which I had purchased airfare on-line in January using the third party site Travelocity. The itinerary number by which the booking is identified is: **. There is also a Case ID: **. As Travelocity was completely overwhelmed by the Covid-19 situation, their phone message simply stated that they were not accepting phone calls at that time due to the unprecedented volume. However, on March 14th, I was able to complete and submit a refund request on-line. As any follow-up with Travelocity was not possible, I followed up prior to the end of March with Air Transat, the company supplying the service. Transat customer service informed me that they had issued a credit voucher that would expire on April 4, 2022, that Travelocity would in turn process and forward to me.

Between March 31st and April 27th, I followed up with Travelocity on numerous occasions and was always told that my credit was going to be sent to my email address within 48 hrs. This never happened. On April 27th, 2020, at my wits end, I insisted on speaking with a supervisor at Travelocity. I was transferred to Mustafa – who did finally forward a credit voucher - valid only until March 28, 2021 and subject to numerous conditions. Mustafa also informed me that if I was able to provide appropriate medical documentation explaining why my husband would not be able to travel for an undetermined period of time, this would be forwarded to Air Transat along with a request for reimbursement.

Obviously, they offer no guarantee that the request will be accepted but they do forward it to whoever is in charge of making these decisions at Air Transat. I did obtain an attestation from my husband's oncologist that he was not authorized to travel and this was forward by email, along with my request for a full reimbursement, to Mustafa on May 1, 2020.

On May 19th, I followed up with Ahmed at Travelocity who confirmed that my request for a full refund (including seat selection and prepaid baggage allowance fees paid directly to Transat) had been accepted. He also advised that it would take between 7 to 30 days before the refund would appear in my credit card account. Needless to say, I was delighted that I could finally close the file on this one! How misleading Ahmed proved to be.

On June 9th, as there were still no credits appearing in my credit card account, I once again followed up with Travelocity. The person I spoke with this time in customer service said she could see only my request for reimbursement - which was still pending. At that point, I asked to speak to a supervisor and was transferred to Joe. Joe then explained that my request for reimbursement and the medical attestation by my husband's oncologist had not yet been forwarded to Transat – practically a month and a half after being forwarded. He told me that, in order to activate the process of having Travelocity forward the case to Air Transat, I would have had to phone again after having sent through the documentation.

In any case, Mustafa had not mentioned this when we spoke on April 27th. Even their automatic response to my email in question made no reference to the need to phone again. As I insisted in having something in writing, on June 9th, Joe forwarded an email stating that my request for a refund with the supporting document had been forwarded to Air Transat and that it could take up to 72 hours to get a response from the airline, following which I should get a response from Travelocity.

As my husband is presently under treatment for stage 4 kidney cancer, I do feel that we qualify for a full refund from Air Transat. However, after all the disappointments experienced with Travelocity, I have no hope whatsoever that I will ever receive satisfaction and no confidence that I will hear back from Travelocity once the 72 hour deadline is up. Travelocity customer service personnel make a habit of confirming nothing in writing (only after much insistence will a supervisor put anything in writing). Therefore, because everything is done verbally, they cannot be accused of lying. Result: the consumer is left helpless.

Original review: June 10, 2020

I full prepaid a nonrefundable hotel reservation (Hotel Amadeus in Poland) prior to the COVID lockdown. Subsequently all travel plans were canceled by airlines, cruise company and other vendors. All issued 100% refunds including airlines (Iceland Air, Whizz and Lot Airlines) and cruise company (Seven Seas) even though most policies prior to COVID did not allow for refunds. Travelocity did not/was not able to even negotiate a refund of any amount with the hotel even though by hotels own admission they had not been paid anything yet by Travelocity. Travelocity is just a rip-off 3rd party vendor who offers nothing to the booking value chain.

Original review: June 6, 2020

We had to cancel our flight due to COVID and had a credit to use. When restrictions lifted, I called Travelocity to re-book the new flights. The person who answered said she could not assist with this, but I could wait on hold 'for a little while' until someone could help, & she said if we got disconnected, she'd call me back. I waited on hold for 1 hour and 20 minutes... got disconnected. She called me back about 30 mins later & said I'd have to "start all over again/wait another hour +". I politely let her know that I could not do that, and it was they who disconnected the call, so I needed someone who could help to call me back. She said she'd "try", & that I'd need to answer my phone immediately when someone called... they called about 30 mins later and I answered immediately - they hung up. They called right back, I answered IMMEDIATELY - they hung up again. They did not call back again.

I started the process ALL over again, got a different person, he essentially just said "Sorry" for the previous experience, but clearly just wanted to get on with the call/get off the call. I re-explained what was needed, he said I'd have to wait on hold 1-2 more hours! And he said if I got disconnected, I'd have to start over AGAIN. I let him know how unbelievably frustrating their process is, he said he'd try to connect direct with the airline, etc. At one point when I asked about the "fees" he mentioned, he raised his voice at me and said "To be clear, there are no fees! I meant the price of the new ticket!" (If that's what you meant, then THAT'S the wording you should have used!) Ultimately, after another 55 minutes on the phone, I was told "We can't help you. You'll have to call the airline directly."

Bottom line is something about their processes/the airline's processes/who has 'control' over the ticket, yada yada yada - I do not work for the airlines so I can't possibly know the inner workings of their somewhat incompatible systems. They should be able to tell me within minutes, the first time we speak, that they are unable to assist. All in all I wasted over 3 hours, & now will have to start again with the airline directly. I will give credit where is due, the 2nd person showed some sympathy for the situation by the end of the call, but I will never, ever, ever use Travelocity again.

Original review: June 5, 2020

I purchased an Hahn Air ticket through Travelocity 5 months ago well ahead of June travel date. Hahn Air sent a notice that the airline is cancelling the flight (because of Coronavirus) and request a refund through original booking point (in my case through Travelocity). I contacted Travelocity to request for refund and Travelocity response is that airline will not refund the money and will issue credit to use only to same destination within time limit which airline dictates. My daughter will will out of school by then and I do not need to travel to her school anymore. Very disappointing that Travelocity is taking Hahn Air side and didn't fight for customer even at the point it's the airline cancelled the flight. I suggest anyone booking through Travelocity to obtain a record from Travelocity to make sure this does not happen to themselves. It's terrible. Travelocity is happy to take your money but when it comes to refund....

Original review: June 4, 2020

Multiple changes to flights-understandable. Finally, cancelled a connecting flight. Called to cancel-wouldn't refund. One hold for over an hour. Called 1-800 number. Told wrong number after 25 min hold. Then transferred. Still unresolved!

Original review: May 30, 2020

Back in February, we booked a flight so that we could take a trip to meet someone special for the first time. My sisters and I found Travelocity to have a great deal on a flight so we jumped on it right away. When COVID - 19 hit we canceled the flight for our March trip. Travelocity was helpful and gave us a credit for our flight. On May 23, last week, we decided to go ahead and use the credit to rebook the flight. When we looked, we found the price to be a $100 less than the original flight. With three of us traveling, this would leave us with a credit of $300 and some change. When we spoke to Travelocity, they notified us that we would not receive any credit back for the remainder. We decided it was ok because we had originally paid more but this trip was worth it. After the new flight was booked with Travelocity, we received our new itinerary but we received our old E-Tickets. This phone call took 2 hours.

On May 24th, Feeling confused, we called them back the next day. When we told them of their mistake, they apologized and told us that they would re-issue. This phone call took 1.5 hours. On May 25th, We had to call again. The new tickets issued were again the same old flight with the new itinerary. They again apologized and we asked to speak to a supervisor. They re-issued them again and we were even able to select our seats. We asked them if they could stay on the phone while we waited to see if it was correct. They assured us that everything was fixed and the new tickets would be the correct ones but that the new tickets could take up to 24-48 hours to process. This phone call took 3.5 hours.

May 26, nothing yet. May 27, Tickets arrived. Still wrong. Same problem. It was my sisters birthday so I didn't wasn't feeling up to getting frustrated so I didn't call that day. Even though it did weigh on me that day. May 29, After I finished my work that morning, my dad and I sat down to call Travelocity. I waited on hold for 2.5 hours until someone answered and I was able to tell my story. She put me on hold for another hour and then someone else came on and we had to tell the story again. We asked to speak to a supervisor and were put on hold again. Every 30 minutes the sales rep (who was very nice) continued to check in with us apologizing for the wait.

When we received the supervisor another 2 hours had passed and we had to retell our story. After the supervisor checked our account she apologized and told us that it was a problem with their ticketing dept. She then put us on hold again and then came back to say that we needed to pay more in order to get the tickets. We asked her why that was our fault. We told her that we had originally reserved the flight through them on the 23rd of May. She said that there was no way to get the tickets unless each passenger paid $87 dollars more. Feeling frustrated we told her that it needed to be fixed and that it was not our problem. She then said that she would connect us to her supervisor.

After 1.5 hours,she connected us to United Airlines. That was confusing. We spoke to a very kind man who gave us the same information. He apologized and told us that our problem needed to be worked out with Travelocity. We were done!!!! We will NEVER use Travelocity again!!!! When we got off the phone, we called United Airlines directly and were able to use our credit. We were very kindly treated and the process took 30 minutes to complete. I only hope that when we get our email, we get tickets we can actually use. Sorry it is so long but this is not supposed to happen.

Original review: May 28, 2020

My boyfriend and I are both young and able to adapt when needed so I figured it wouldn’t be too inconvenient to book with Travelocity. We did this knowing that any part of our trip would be difficult to change so we decided to try to save some money. Then the pandemic hit. Ok no big deal, we bought the insurance anyway. Not wanting to go to Hawaii during this virus, we decided to cancel our July trip in March. Turns out, they wouldn’t even take my call until a week before the trip. I tried calling after looking online and finding out I can’t use the insurance on the website and would have to call. If I just cancelled the trip online we’d be out half the cost of the hotel. So this would be hanging over our head for two months.

Mid May I decided to try to call again and they actually took my call. Well, more so than last time. Instead of just informing me that my trip was too far away for the call to be taken, I was put on hold. Forever. The same crappy music for hours. This is after I spent so long on the website trying so hard to find a way to cancel the trip and just get the money back. I gave up calling for now and had my boyfriend call. They took his call after about a half hour and once he finally talked to a representative, she told him she was pulling up his itinerary and then she hung up on him. Overall this was a very stressful experience during a very stressful time and will never be using travelocity again.

Another note: travelocity has the same deals as every other travel website like it. If you leave the page and go back to it, the cheap deals will be “gone” because they were “bought.” I’d go to that website again with a different device sometime later and suddenly those same cheaper deals are there. I think it’s a scummy thing to do, to trick customers into thinking they have to buy quick because the trip is so high in demand.

On top of all this, I do not recommend Travelocity because their app is hard to use and navigate to find things you need, as well as all the asterisks and small print that reveals so many things. I did not feel good about making a reservation through a third party service when it says in small print at the bottom of the page “these room requests have been passed on to the hotel but they will not be confirmed and are subject to availability at the time of check-in”. Does that mean there’s a chance I paid for a hotel that might not have a place available and I won’t receive a confirmation that my room has actually been reserved? The whole process is stressful and not worth it. Not happy with how this company has handled the pandemic.

Travelocity Company Information