2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.27/5

Travelocity Reviews

Original review: March 19, 2020

I own a small business and scheduled a vacation for the first time in 3 years. It was to be to Florida to attend spring training baseball games. Due to the Corona Virus I was forced to cancel. Because I booked through Travelocity I lost $600! At a time where all Americans are being asked to do their part, this is unfair and unacceptable. I attempted to call about it and was kept on hold for hours. I went on-line to cancel and the message that I would loose 1/2 of the money was right AFTER the cancel button, no warning. I will NEVER use Travelocity again.

Original review: March 17, 2020

I have been a longtime user of Travelocity, and am extremely disappointed in how the company is dealing with cancellations due to the Covid-19 restrictions that are being placed upon U.S. citizens. I live in California and had planned a trip to London between April 22 and May 5, 2020. I reserved and paid for two reservations for The London Lodge Hotel, to coincide with the beginning and ending of my trip.

I paid extra for the "free cancellation" option Travelocity offered but once I printed out the rules and restrictions page, it stated that the room type and rate were non-refundable. This was not disclosed anywhere on the Travelocity website; it was only disclosed after I made the purchase. How does "free cancellation" work on a non-refundable room, and why would anyone pay extra for "free cancellation" if the room is non-refundable? I have tried to speak with someone at Travelocity but have not been able to reach anyone by phone. I will never use Travelocity again.

Original review: March 15, 2020

We booked a flight on February 5th for traveling to Washington DC on March 20th for my mother-in-law's 93rd birthday. On March 13th, the facility issued a no visitor policy in response to the Coronavirus. We purchased refundable tickets, We spent over 12 hours trying to cancel this flight via Travelocity's website and calling directly. The website kept rejecting the itinerary number and their 800 number was experiencing technical difficulty or if we got through we were placed on hold for hours at a time. No ever picked up or the call disconnected.

Original review: March 11, 2020

I purchased a flight with Travelocity and when I confirmed with airline, I was informed that flight did not exist. I have not been able to discuss with Travelocity. Usually on hold for over an hour and then call disconnected. When I reached someone, I was transferred and then the call was disconnected. Another successful call resulted in being told they would call back in a couple of minutes after investigating my concerns. Never received the call back. So I have a ticket for a flight that does not exist and no refund.

Original review: March 4, 2020

After my exhibition show in Germany was cancelled due to the Coronavirus, I have attempted to call and have my flight cancelled and obtain an exemption for change to another date. I have been on the phone for 1 hr 26 minutes. All personnel is NOT in the USA and have no authority to make any decisions. They state less than 2 minute wait and the wait is over 45 minutes, their website is stating they have a technical glitch since this morning. They are stalling to give service. After being a customer of Travelocity/Expedia for many years, I will NEVER NEVER use their services. I will go directly to the airline to purchase my tickets. At this time I am holding on my office phone and cell phone, waiting for someone to help me to CANCEL my flight which leaves in a few hours.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

Original review: March 3, 2020

Travelocity sold me car insurance which was rejected by Rhodium car rental. I lost price of the rental and price of insurance. I am on the street in Barcelona with no transportation in a foreign country. Travelocity is completely unresponsive.

Resolution response: March 1, 2020

So, after spending hours on hold and working with different representatives from both Travelocity and Easirent, we finally have a refund coming directly from Travelocity. I can’t say that it was easy to achieve resolution, and we lost our first full vacation day to dealing with customer service, but in the end we are satisfied with Travelocity and how they handled matters. Thanks for working with us to resolve the nightmare that was Easirent.

Original review: March 1, 2020

SCAM, Avoid at all costs!!! We booked and paid extra for an SUV rental about a month or so in advance using Travelocity and when we got there after a long flight they informed us that the SUVs were all sold out and we would have to cram our family into an old, dingy, dirt filled Nissan Versa subcompact. They also told us that we can have a refund on our rental but we need to call Travelocity. Travelocity denied our refund stating that they contacted Easirent and they said we were a no show, however we were there in person, on time and spoke to an employee there who told us that we will have a refund, no questions asked. My family and I were stranded without a rental car, in a city far away from home, with a 20 month old baby. Not what I call easy. Thank god for Ace rental up the street, they gave us a brand new Nissan Kicks with only 17 miles on it.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I would start by saying that Travelocity needs to get their stuff together, be more responsible for their actions. On January 2020, I purchased a trip to Lofoten, Norway, departing on January 20th, only to learn that, I would be required to stay in Iceland for 24 hours, departing on the 22nd, making me miss my other 3 connection flights to Oslo, Bodo, then Leknes all booked for the 21st of January. Icelandair was kind enough to change my flight at no charge, as they could see that Travelocity wasn't very responsible, actually were out of the Loop on this one...

Then on February 13th I again flew to Brasil, Toronto to St. Paulo GRU, then to Belo Horizonte,; on my way back, on February 17th, my ticket was from Belo Horizonte to Sao Paulo, Congonhas, but my connection to the Toronto flight was in GRU, which is the airport the ticket should be sending me to. I contacted Travelocity about it on February 16th at almost midnight to have it changed, but was told it would be not a problem as the Airport is only 35 minutes away driving. Of course it is not. You would be lucky enough to make it in two hours, as the person or Travelocity obviously never been or driven in Sao Paulo, probably one of the busiest cities in the world.

Why would Travelocity send me to Congonhas, instead of Guarulhos, where my Toronto flight would depart from? There were flights from Latam to Guarulhos that day. Actually the airline after much insistence, was able to change my flight and agreed that I wouldn't perhaps make the Toronto flight, if they hadn't changed it... After several mistakes and mishaps, it's time to say goodbye to Travelocity, I've been a loyal client for 20 years, but can't take these type of risks any longer, they create stress, anxiety, flying is about to relax, to have fun, not to be stressed.

Last November purchased flights to Paris, only to be told that maybe we wouldn't fly that day, as Air Canada oversells their planes and if we're lucky then we would have a seat. The same happened in August 2018 on a flight to Amsterdam also by Air Canada. The point is, we pay full prices on these tickets. Travelocity should inform the clients that, "You're paying full price, but perhaps you will not fly, as we oversell tickets as requested by Air Canada." Ultimately Travelocity isn't doing a good job as a Travel operator. I am copying these to Social Media, and to make people aware that ultimately, Travelocity doesn't care about its clients. Ultimately it's all about the bottom line, making money and obtain profits at all costs. Sincerely, Daniel **.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

On February 4, 2020 I called Travelocity to book a flight from Seattle to Boston using a credit from a previously cancelled flight through their services. After approximately 30-40 minutes on hold a gentleman answered and collected my information. After placing me on hold several times throughout the conversation, he verified dates of travel, conditions of credit including my knowledge & acceptance of $200 penalty and came up with an acceptable travel itinerary.

He then proceeded to tell me that he was unable to process the transaction and would need to transfer me to his Manager to complete. I was transferred to "Mary". After several holds, she also verified all of my information & conditions of travel. She continued to put me on hold, although at this point I was very confused as to why. When she would return she would again verify some piece of information but she had also changed the flight times or the name of the penalty fee, never quite telling me what the final charges would be - this happened several times during our conversation.

I became very frustrated at this point and asked why it was necessary to put me on hold so many times and requested that we book the flight as I had been on the phone with the company for over an hour and had already agreed upon an itinerary & penalty conditions with the first agent. She replied that my cancellation flight had happened over a year ago. (July 2019) I pointed out that my paperwork had an expiration date of June 9, 2020 and that I was well within that time frame. She then proceeded to ask me more questions about the flight upon where I completely lost my patience, lashed out and hung up.

This should have been a very simple transaction, but I felt as though the agent was deliberately stalling in an attempt to frustrate and waylay me. I've flown a multitude of times over the years. Occasionally an issue where a cancelled flight and credit would come up but I have never experienced this sort of subterfuge before. It felt very deceptive. I have since booked my flight with an actual airline. It cost less and took no time at all.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

If you use Travelocity to compare hotel rates for the city you plan to visit, BEWARE. They do not include the often very substantial "property fees". When you go to book through Travelociy, you may or may not see the tiny, grayed out line item when you reserve your room, but you'll definitely see it on your bank statement. If you use Travelocity at all, I would recommend finding properties there and then going to the provider's site to book your stay.

Travelocity Company Information