1.11/5

Looking for a travel site?

1408 Travelocity Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 8, 2019

Alamo in Cozumel Mexico does not honor Travelocity's insurance. Was to Alamo would pick us up from airport. NOT allowed on airport property. Had to walk to office with luggage. Then told no ins. through Travelocity would be honored. Had to buy their 18 dollars a day extra, 2500.00 dollars on my credit card for deposit. Walked out! Contacted Travelocity when I got home and was told, "We didn't know" Right!! Will never use Travelocity again.

Original review: March 6, 2019

So I booked a flight from this company Travelocity. Figured it would be an easier route than trying to build my flight by myself. As I was excited after I had booked my flight they had sent me the wrong confirmation and wanted me to pay an additional $300 for missing my flight because their mess up. They could not fix any of this and offered a extra $6,000 flight for a replacement flight for mine with an additional $300 fee. I would not recommend this booking agent for anyone. It has a 1-star rating and is nothing but full of scam artist. Will never make the mistake of booking with this agent again.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Travelocity gives additional car insurance through Travel Guard which will direct you to AON affinity the insurance provider. I talked to all of them. AON requires:

(page 6 of the policy. ): Look under details. "Rental Vehicle Damage Coverage Proof of Loss: The Insured must provide AON Affinity with the following: (b) a police, accident or incident report which provides details of the event; and NOT your incident report - a POLICE incident report."

IT IS IN WRITING. Writing is what counts. The police do not necessarily provide a report for minor damage. Are you going to drive to the police station to show the policeman a one inch scratch? But you will be sure that when you return the car they will see it. If therefore there is minor damage YOU will pay. AON has no legal obligation to pay for this damage. Beware. Remember it is what is in writing that counts. Verbal assurances are worth nothing. You have been warned. By the way. Travelocity call center help I located by a Google search. Travelocity webpage has NO phone number to call. This is a clear indication that they do not want to talk to you. Forget them.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I booked a hotel for almost $3000. When I got the confirmation, the promo code was not added. I cancelled immediately. I was told that they would keep 90% of my money because the hotel refused to give me a refund. I did want to rebook the hotel, just wanted the correct price. Travelocity would not help and now they have 90% of my money and I do not have a hotel room!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I booked a round trip flight and hotel to Boulder Colorado. I selected the flight to Denver from New Orleans and from Denver back to New Orleans. I paid for whole trip including the hotel room. Then I looked at agenda. It had me going but no return trip. I called Travelocity immediately, they said yes a problem of some sort occurred. They called Frontier Airlines then told me that I had to book with them directly for another 178.00 each. I cancelled the whole trip, I had to stay on the phone for over an hour talking to different people to get cancellation processed. To sum up - SCAM!!! Never again. Please use other legitimate travel sites.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I tried to book a flight on Travelocity this past week. I had already given them my credit card information when a pop up told me the flight was now sold out. I went back and went through the process once again with a slightly different and more expensive flight. As I was processing my request another pop up came on staying the price had now gone up from $834 to $1097 could be off by a couple of dollars), and telling me I had better book right away to guarantee the higher price. I decided to try another agent. I received a confirmed ticket on essentially the same itinerary for $734, $360 less than Travelocity. Just to check, I went back to Travelocity, and both the “sold out flight” and the higher priced flight were still listed, neither at the $360 increase they claimed. I have done business with Travelocity for years and years. No more.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Travelocity switches the total cost of its pricing when you confirm booking. When all info has been typed in and credit card applied, the price changes to add an additional 10% to the order stating "We hate when this happens, but the price of your trip has gone up by..." Blah, blah blah. When I questioned a Travelocity CS person they stated that this happens occasionally. But 3 days in a row, at different times and always when I select the "book this trip" button? BS folks! What kind of game is this? I won't use them again.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

By far the worst of the discount travel sites. I found employees to be rude and condescending. The supervisor handling my complaint was confrontational. As a 24 year veteran of the United States military never have I encountered such a disrespectful attitude from someone in a service oriented business. I mistakenly made a hotel reservation on a different island than I was scheduled to visit. 2 minutes later realizing my mistake Travelocity outright refused to correct the issue. They not only ruined a vacation for myself but especially for my 9 year old daughter. Do your homework. AVOID THIS WEBSITE AT ALL COST!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Bought a 4 day travel package from Travelocity on 13 Feb 19. Two days later the airline charges were $700 more than what Travelocity quoted me at checkout. Of course, this is more than 24 hours past booking so the guarantee is not applicable. Upon 4 email exchanges with Travelocity - having to explain 4 times and only receiving a response of, "Yes, we see the charges. Thank you for booking with us," they finally read the question about why I was charged over $700 above the checkout prices. Their response: "...the prices can update at any moment. This price is not set until booking is complete. Suppliers update their prices constantly. Prices are not guaranteed until booking is complete."

However, when I checked out I received a 'booking complete' email stating that ticketing was in progress. Beware. Check the price on Travelocity and then book direct with the airline. Will never use them again sadly after 15 years of doing so. It makes our holiday harder to enjoy knowing we were scammed by Travelocity. :( Of course, we did buy the 'cancel for any reason insurance' so I will be exploring that option.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I recently booked a trip on Travelocity, which is not an uncommon occurrence, as I have been using them for well over a decade. Well, not anymore. This time, when I booked a trip using Google Chrome, there was an autofill issue with my email address, causing my email address on record to be a non-existent account. I contacted Travelocity and explained the mistake, and they flat out refused to change it for me citing "policy reasons." The problem is this: Without the email address being corrected, I cannot get notifications about my upcoming trip. In other words, I now have to contact the airline and hotel individually and hope that they will allow me to make changes directly even though the booking was from a travel agent.

On a side note, I had a horrid incident with Travelocity back in September, during which I had to change a return ticket on an emergency basis. Long story short, despite a 3 hour phone call to Travelocity and $500 in fees, they still didn't get my booking right, and I was almost denied boarding. Thankfully, the airline allowed me on as a standby passenger. So, that is now 2 strikes for me regarding Travelocity. I would prefer not to wait for strike 3...

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Nightmare in Phoenix. My wife and I booked car, flight and hotel through Travelocity. When we get there car rental won't rent car. I confirm our return flight 10 pm last night. This morning at 7 when we got up I get email from Travelocity that flight was cancelled and Travelocity rebooked for 5:20 am this morning. No call just email for flight that left before we got up. I try to contact Travelocity... Still waiting for their callback. Had to rebook through United to get us home today. Cost us another 650 dollars. I'm sure Travelocity will have some lame excuse why I need to eat the 650. If I could give negative stars I'd give these bozos a -5.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Just got back from a 30 day road trip. Planned to camp, but the weather was colder than I expected so I stayed in motels. When Travelocity worked, it was convenient. I knew where my room was in an unfamiliar town and could just go there and sleep after a long day of driving. When Travelocity didn't work, it was a nightmare. Here's one example: I showed up at my reservation in Pine Bluff, Arkansas and the 5 story hotel was chained shut with a note on the door from management "Call me." The proprietor said he wasn't open for business, but could give me a space heater but I would have to be chained in for the night.

I made another reservation via Travelocity because I don't like being chained into my room. The 2nd place said that they don't accept Travelocity reservations (why was it on their site?) but offered to rent me a room for cash. The place was a slum, and I declined. On the 3rd try through Travelocity, I stayed in a Motel 6, which was fine and I finally collapsed, exhausted after running from hotel to hotel. Here's the kicker - all 3 charged me for the room (from credit card info supplied by Travelocity).

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Honestly, I am just disgusted with the way Travelocity is doing business. I bought insurance protection on my ticket and then when I called to cancel the ticket, travelocity agent said "we have nothing to do with that call airline" and then when I called the airline, they said "we have nothing to do with that insurance". This is a marketing scam. They falsely claim something that they don't even offer.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

After being informed via email from the airline that my flight time had been changed, I called Travelocity to change the time of my outgoing flight to one more convenient for me. I paid for the change. But then was unable to access my reservation online because the Travelocity agent had erroneously downgraded my (full price) ticket to a "Saver" which doesn't allow seat selection and has other restrictions that don't work for me. After more than 3 hours on hold trying to resolve this with Travelocity, I was told the ticket had been upgraded back to the status I originally paid for and I could access it online in 24 hours. 24 hours later no change. I have continued to contact Travelocity and they have continued to reassure me that the ticket has now been fixed and the change will go into effect in 24 hours. But it is now 4 days later and it is not fixed. The airline keeps referring me back to Travelocity. I seem to have no recourse.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I purchased three tickets via Travelocity. The money was taken out of my account in a 'pending' status but no tickets were ever issued. Nightmare trying to get them to do the right thing. I will never use this site again. My husband was recently diagnosed with cancer and this trip is part of his bucket list. I've used all the funds I have to buy these tickets and now they're held up in a 'pending' status because their website worked incorrectly.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I was trying to book a flight and after I entered all of my information as well as my credit card information, there was a message to log in/create an account so I could track my flight. I have an account but forgot my password so I clicked "forgot password". They sent me a link to change my password which I did immediately and logged in. Then I was kicked out of my current screen and had to redo everything - search flight, etc. When I did that, the ticket price increased over $100 per ticket/per person. All of this took place in a matter of minutes! I called Travelocity and was told, "Ma'am there is nothing we can do to help you. We can't lower the rates once the airline increases their price." I told them that it was their website that was the issue - not the airline and was still told "there was nothing that they could do. That is just the way it works". REALLY?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Reserved a room on their app. They charged me 3 times and only returned 2 of the payments and kept the last payment. They kept telling me they returned the money which they haven’t. Been dealing with this for 2 weeks. Customer service doesn’t know what they're doing. They give you the information and no one there knows how to speak so spend most of my time trying to guess what they're saying.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

In December I booked a January trip to Rome, Italy. Travelocity indicates I could Cancel it within 24 hrs. Once I paid I discovered that was a lie. Travelocity BLOCKS YOU making impossible to contact them. According to info I got from them airline would send me my booking codes...never did. When contacted they said it was Travelocity responsibility. Finally got code. Hotel has policy of NO cancellations!! (lucky for me hotel was great) Prior to return flight airline would not accept my booking, tried to contact Travelocity... Again I was blocked... I was in Limbo I had to call my family and they fixed airline problem. Travelocity is a scam service... I advise you to stay away from it. Ah! Of course they keep sending you email w/ wonderful offers. Beware.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Despite how they advertise it, they do not cover your change in travel plans unless it is extenuating medical circumstances and you can provide documentation. I thought my trip was protected, guess not! Total waste of money!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Their trip insurance is a total scam! Says you can cancel for ANY reason and get FULL REFUND if you buy their most expensive policy... But it is just a LIE! I cancelled my trip last summer to Clearwater Florida because Red Tide was onshore and the beaches were all closed and the news was saying not to get close to the beach. But I had booked a beachfront room at the Hilton through Travelocity and airfare as well. I went to cancel and they tried telling me that the hotel and airline tickets were nonrefundable, even though the insurance I purchased through them said it was. After lots of arguing, they refunded my money on the hotel and also sent me an email stating that I would get a full refund on my airfare as long as I booked another trip with them within twelve months... LIE!

I called them up last week to get my refund and book another trip to Clearwater for this summer. They said I had to book trip first and pay in full, then they would transfer me to another department that would then deduct from this trip the $1300 they owe me for cancelled airfare from last year. Once they transferred me, they act like they don't know what I am talking about. There is no refund. I have to call them first to receive it (which is what I had just done). I explained that I use Travelocity because they are based out of Southlake Texas, which is not too far from my house.

I am going to file a small claims case against them and it won't be an inconvenience for me. It's only $65 to do it. I have proof that they owe me via an email stating so and how to collect, which is what I was attempting to do according to their instructions. Travelocity guaranteed me they would send me another email within 48 hours with details of them deducting the $1300 they owe me from the charges on my card. All LIES!!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I am obligated to share a change/circumstances in the travel industry and how a travel company hotel, and airlines have failed their mission statements and essentially charging customers without providing a service for a paid fee. This is not a reflection of the unfortunate reality of what a major storm does to schedules and the short bit of chaos typically associated with it. My short story is in regards to how companies handle untangling a problem and getting us on our way

I was booked thru Travelocity to fly out of Syracuse to Las Vegas this evening (Sunday). Prior to this morning, I received a cancelation of my flight out of Syracuse shortly after dinner time. This would not be the first time of having things happen, get rerouted, spend long hours at a airport terminal but would arrive later than expected or maybe the next day. After four hours of attempting to contact Travelocity by phone or thru Facebook Messenger I gave up for the evening, leaving Messenger open just in case.

This morning was still no response on Facebook Messenger which Travelocity steers you to for the more efficient responses and problem-solving. Fail #1. Only until I left a complaint in their community section did I get a response. After two hours I am left with American Airlines cannot fly you there until 1/23 or they can cancel (today is 1/20, I was to fly back 1/24). If I cancel I will be refunded except for one night stay for a hotel they never got me to, and for a cancelation by the airline. Fail #2, #3

In my many years of traveling at any time that an airline could not get you there in a timely manner on their own flights they would put you on another airline in order to get you there and complete the service we pay for. Three day delay is not acceptable or reasonable to any traveler unless a massive emergency or disaster. 8”-12” of snow might be a half day delay even a day under more severe conditions, not as it is presented here. After several back and forth repetitions of common sense with the representative trying to convey that getting me there on the 23 after the show closes for the day does not work with me flying out to return home 6 AM the following morning. Should not be that hard to comprehend on the customer service side of things.

I am informed that they will not refund my entire hotel bill even though it is a packaged deal and canceled by their partnered airline. American Airlines via observation of their policy of not putting me on another airline and offering another solution to get me there in a reasonable manner will lose me as a customer. Travelocity will also lose my business after two decades as a customer. The Stratosphere Hotel will no longer be a hotel of choice for participating in packaged travel bundles that engages in a poor practice of fleecing customers when airlines fail to get them there.

Had I decided to change my plans I would fully expect a cancelation fee within a short notice of the stay. As this customer fail not only takes a portion of my money for services not rendered, it cost me far much more in lost business opportunities conducted at the show. To make matters worse, I have not been refunded a dime, money is in limbo and they now advise that I have to cover the cost in rebooking the trip. I find this hostile and more than inappropriate. Insult to injury and Fail #4.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Booked a trip with a Travelocity adviser over the phone. From New Orleans to Stuttgart, Germany. There were 4 leg’s over and 3 back. Not one went according to plan. Extra baggage fees that should not have been; missed flights because they booked the legs too close together; changed flights on me, and did not cancel the original (the Germans corrected that one). Every time I called, the were "busy" and would return my call in 3 to 4 hours - only it was consistently 3 to 4 days, and I never spoke to the same person twice. I had to repeat the trip from the start each time. They never resolved anything and I had to be creative. There are better agencies.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I received confirmation of my travel insurance purchase through Travelocity. I used a link in the confirmation email to access my policy. The instructions in the email told me to click a link with quotation marks on it ("Description of Coverage"). This link did not exist on the document. There were other links. I reviewed the policy on that page in a box which states "100% trip cancellation" was covered. The box is labeled "Coverages..." In none of the lengthy emails I received from Travelocity, Travel Guard, and Expedia (affiliated I guess), did I receive ANY indication that there were limits to the "cancellation policy."

Now I went to cancel the trip, my reason doesn't qualify. This type of deceptive, misleading marketing and fraud is why folks get so angry sometimes. I spent 1.6 hours on the phone with Travelocity, and .5 hours on the phone with the Travel Guard helpline. Randy, the rep, acknowledged the misleading wording on the messages, the missing link in the instructions, then said there is "nobody here who can refund your money." Really??? I filed a claim. I'm quite confident the adjuster will look at my plea for about 10 seconds before delivering a denial of my claim. Now I'm out my money and will never use Travelocity again. Not that they care, eh?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Please do not trust Travelocity. These scammers have lots of hidden fee that will not show at the time of reservation and once they send you email confirmation you will see additional $450 for no reason and they will never refund back to you regardless of how much you talk to the manager supervisor or customer service. These are thieves. Please watch out. They do have fraud charges that you are not aware of.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I have spent over 4 hours booking a flight, then 12 hours before I fly they cancel my reservation because they failed to complete the booking with the airline. They took my money and now they want More money to complete the booking. Meanwhile I have to wait another 3 hours just to talk to someone about fixing the issue. Average wait time on hold 2 to 3 hours. They are the most annoying irresponsible company ever. You are better hitchhiking! I just finished talking with them and after 2 hours they tell me to call back later! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Even if your life depends on it do NOT use them.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Hi. Ii stayed in the Palazzio Apartments & Studios (Aruba Palazzio Apartments) with no hot water, our bed broke and was not replaced for three days. I bought travel insurance but Travelocity would not honor the insurance. We had no hot water for 6 days. I asked Travelocity to reimburse the room and I was denied. Why did I have insurance? I am so disappointed. 1 room | 6 nights.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I purchased travel insurance to protect flights I booked for me and my son to travel back to his college for the Spring 2019 semester. His plans changed and he is not returning to that college. I suspected that might happen, so I purchased the travel insurance protection so I could get my money back for the flights if plans changed. I just spent TWO HOURS on the phone with Travelocity being transferred multiple times, finally speaking to someone at the Travelocity Corporate Office, who told me the insurance I purchased will not cover the cancellation of the flights. They said that there was fine print that said the insurance was only in the case of my or my son’s death or serious illness that a doctor certified that travel is not possible.

Apparently there are different types of insurance, however, the only option I was given when I booked the flights was, click Yes or No if you want travel insurance to protect your flight. They will not refund my money nor give me a voucher for credit toward another flight. Also, be aware that they track all of your log ins and told me how many times I logged in and looked at my flight, so I had multiple opportunities to read the insurance clause fine print. I have used Travelocity many times but will never use their services again. They deceive the consumer. They are a multi million dollar profiting company who will takes advantage of the average person. They are keeping hundreds of dollars from me that I purchased extra travel insurance to protect. Shameful! There are many other reputable sites to use, so I will go elsewhere for my travel needs. I suggest you do the same.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I rented a car in Miami through the webpage and the place won't deliver because of my card, although I paid online with it. Now it's been more than a week and I keep getting excuses from Travelocity and NO REFUND! I feel absolutely robbed. Never use them!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

We were planning a Christmas vacation to Punta Cana. We should have seen the red flags but we were excited. First, they had one price listed on the internet, but when you call in they seem to "mysteriously " can't find the price we were looking at for the hotel. Therefore, we purchased our hotel with another vendor. Now it's time for the plane tickets. Online it said it was only 3 left, and we needed three tickets so we had to act fast. We purchased airplane tickets previously, and after we paid for them online, we received a message that the tickets were no longer available. So for some strange reason, we had their "booking" fee on hold in our bank account for 1 wk. so we decided we would not purchase any more tickets online and we would call in to purchase tickets so they could tell us if they were sold out or not...worst mistake ever.

We specifically asked for insurance on the tickets and the agent said their systems were down and they were in negotiations with the insurance company and you can only purchase the insurance online. He said, "Don't worry, you will just have to pay $150 cancellation fee for each ticket". We figured we would rather lose $300 rather than $3000. Fast forward to two weeks before trip, I had a medical emergency and was advised not to fly. We called Travelocity and they said it was non refundable... Hahahaha... This is where the madness begins. We will spare you the details, but after 10 hrs of my husband being on the phone over a few days, we requested for corporate to review our phone call so they can hear for themselves about the lies we were told.

They reviewed it and sent us three emails requesting for us to send the doctor note. We finally get the doctor note, and make a follow up call, and they want to act like they have no idea what we were talking about. So after more hrs on hold, we get to corporate, AND THEY ADMIT THAT THEIR REPRESENTATIVE LIED TO US AND GAVE US THE WRONG INFORMATION. Then we found out the same agent FRAUDENTLY charged US TWICE FOR SOMEONE STAR HOTEL IN Punta Cana. This company is the absolute worse. They keep you on hold for hrs hoping you will give up. I pray no one has to experience what we did. I wish I could give them a zero star.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I've bought a return airplane ticket from Toronto-Budapest-Toronto. Two days later the insurance company informed me, that I'm over 65, they can't insure me!! This is not my problem! I tried to cancel my Trip with Travelocity.ca. The excuse was, that I only have 24 hours to cancel!!! So I lost 1328,65 dollars!!! I hope they have a merry Christmas on my money!!! Shame this kind of company!!! See you in court!!!

Travelocity Company Information