1.34/5

Looking for a travel site?

Travelocity

Looking for a travel site?

1456 Travelocity Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 25, 2019

I booked a room at Sleep Inn in SeaTac following a hike in the area. The air conditioner was non-functional the whole night, not providing any relief to the muggy, stifling heat. I called the front desk about it twice throughout the night, to which they offered to bring a fan (which would have done nothing to improve the situation). The next morning, I confronted them at the desk in person about my negative experience as I had gotten no meaningful rest the whole night. They were dismissive and outright lied about having offered to come inspect the unit, which never was mentioned. I refused their offer of the fan because I wasn't in the mood to be slowly dehydrated.

They sent a maintenance man at that point, and we accompanied him to the room. He lied again saying the air conditioner was working, even though we were standing right there and it was weakly blowing air. Not bringing the temperature down even a little. They reported these lies to Travelocity who stood behind their judgment and refused to offer compensation for the absurd conditions of their room. I will never book through Travelocity again and I recommend no one else either.

Original review: July 24, 2019

I booked a trip, including flight, hotel and car rental on this site. At the end of it, I submitted payment and received an error message that it could not process. Later that day, there was a charge on the card I used. I called them the following day and they said the one I submitted was cancelled. I explained that I called the credit card that had been charged and they said it was done on Travelocity's end. Never going to use this site again for travel.

Original review: July 24, 2019

I booked 3 hotel rooms that were pet friendly through Travelocity. At all three when we arrived were not expecting our pet, charged us additional charges and moved us to different rooms than booked. Called Travelocity and spoke to a supervisor, Judy, and that got me nowhere. Beware booking through these people. And also the ones you speak with there have very poor English so be prepared for a lot of scratching your head while talking.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I booked a cruise on the Mariner of the Seas, Royal Caribbean, through Travelocity, for July 15-19th, 2019. My wife and I sat down together to do this, because she had certain concerns regarding room location and meal times. When we booked the cabin and meal plan we booked a stateroom on the front, mid-upper level of the ship and requested "My Time" dining program. We double checked our online request and everything appeared fine. However, when we arrived at the ship, we found we were located at the second lowest level of the ship and we were assigned a dinner time of 8:30 p.m. My wife freaked out about the location, because she has a fear of closed in spaces. Royal Caribbean could not help us out with this because they were at capacity. Additionally, we had prepaid the gratuities, through Travelocity, a week before we set sail.

My wife was on the phone with Travelocity for an hour and a half (place on hold) just to get an answer regarding payment of the gratuities. However, when we went to disembark from the ship we had a $232.00 bill for gratuities from Royal Caribbean. We showed them we had prepaid through Travelocity, but it took over an hour to settle this matter, when I should have just been able to disembark with my family without incident. To cap off this mess, I just contacted my credit card company and Royal Caribbean still hasn't dumped the gratuities charges, so I had to spend another half hour with my credit card folks submitting information to fight this charge. Fortunately I have a paper copy from the boat with this information. The best I can figure is Royal Caribbean and Travelocity systems conflicted and we got bumped out of our site because we went through Travelocity.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I was racially profiled due to making a complaint due to the price of breakfast and was asked if they could locate me another room at another location by the Director of Events and Assistant front Office Manager at the Renaissance St. Louis Hotel.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

Original review: July 22, 2019

I have never written a negative review before but felt it necessary for others! We are avid travelers in and out of the country. We have had so many problems with Travelocity’s “fine print policies.” The airline adjusted our flights to terrible flights a couple weeks after we booked and they said there was nothing we could do about it. They extended our flight by over 3 hours each way, terrible layovers etc... we could rebooked but then would lose all of our money and there is no guarantee still on the flights. We will now book vacations ourselves or only through Southwest Vacations!!!

Original review: July 19, 2019

We want a oceanfront hotel with a balcony and pool and ended up with neither. They tried to also charge me for a reservation I have already canceled weeks before our vacation. We said we would pay more to move hotels and they refused and kept me on hold for two and a half hours. Worst service ever and will not use them again.

Original review: July 18, 2019

When I recently booked a suite using the Travelocity company for a supposed discounted rate, I am very unhappy with their customer service! The suite I booked cost almost 200 American dollars so I honestly expected more amenities than just free wi-fi! At the very least a complimentary breakfast!!! Upon contacting the hotel and then the customer support it was determined that I will have to pay an additional 10 bucks per person if I would like to enjoy breakfast at the hotel that I paid almost 200 American bucks for ONE nights stay!!! THAT IS JUST OUTRAGEOUS when I could have paid 50 bucks for a cheap hotel room and received a complimentary breakfast!

Also I have never used Travelocity before and they offer a 15% discount to first time customers if you download their app on your smartphone, that is all it says when you are offered this discount so of course I downloaded the app and I do not qualify for this rate because my reservation was not a "pay now" reservation!! Well when I booked it their (Travelocity's) website did not allow me the option to pay now or upon arriving at the hotel and I told customer care that and she said there is an icon that says if it is a pay now or later reservation and I should have noticed this. I was not informed of this issue before downloading this nor does it state this in the offer!!! Very dissatisfied with this whole trip and I will never use Travelocity again!!!!

Original review: July 17, 2019

DO NOT USE TRAVELOCITY. I booked a round trip flight for my family which totaled $2200, and was charged TWICE. Meaning they charged/booked 8 tickets instead of 4, and charged me over $4000.... and then told me it would take EIGHT WEEKS to get my money back. TERRIBLE customer service, no one knew what was going on, I had to call 4 times to get any kind of answer. Avoid at all costs.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Worst ever! For starters, they messed up my flight. 3 hours on the phone to fix and I wish that were an exaggeration. Finally get to departure date flight. Goes usual, landed around 11pm, drive to hotel and it's Overbooked. I was frustrated but I understood that things happen. On hold again and it is 1am. 1:45 and the representative finally comes back to the line and asks "will you stay in a room without air conditioning?" SERIOUSLY?!? It is 99° at my destination and that is at almost 2am. Finally got a room at a different property. I asked to speak to customer service. After more hold time I get excuses about whose fault it is and how I at least wasn't asked to pay more money (all prepaid trip). I then ask for a customer service supervisor. Yes, more hold time. No resolution and I was on hold yet again. Supposedly I would get a call from a customer service manager the following day....

Travelocity Company Information