2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

3.8/5 (1410 ratings)

About Travelocity

Travelocity Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Booked a couple rooms at the Holiday Inn Express in Texas City, TX. On day of travel I called hotel itself and found they have no reservation or rooms for me. I had to scramble to find other rooms at higher rates and lower quality. Called Travelocity and agent would investigate my info and email me. After returning from trip had to call travelocity because no refund nor email sent. Called a second time again. Money lost is irrelevant but advise people to call and make sure their reservations with travelocity was actually made. Out of principle, I am asking for full refund.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I was booked a hotel for business trip to DC. Had to cancel 5 days prior, called the hotel and also cancelled through Travelocity app. My credit card was billed the full amount for two nights. Calling Travelocity and waiting then hung up on every single time!! And the virtual assistant is useless. Poor and nonexistent customer service.. This company just doesn’t care.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

We booked a flight roundtrip with one stop each way. We received confirmation with the selected seat assignments and all looked good and we paid with credit card. We checked on our flights a few weeks later and found that the "Premium Economy" seats we had selected were no longer shown as Premium Economy but rather just "Economy". We called the number for customer service and the recording said "over a one hour wait" but asked us to give our number and they would call back. Well, one and one half hours later the phone rang, I picked it up and they acted like they could not hear me and hung up really quickly and never called again! Terrible customer service... Just try getting them on the line!

Original review: July 31, 2021

The Trip Insurance you buy on Travelocity is not worth the money and I can explain. The cost of the insurance is usually more than you will ever get back if a problem arises. If the airline gives refunds then you will get it but otherwise you will get a credit that in fact is difficult to use. Try to use your credits on Travelocity and see what happens. Good Luck.

Now you need to cancel because of Covid, or Country has travel restrictions stopping you from coming. The Travel Guard insurance from that point on is a sham. First you need to cancel the booking before you can file a claim, but watch out. If airline issue a credit then no claim can be made and good luck finding a way to use the credit.

Some foreign airlines, Avianca, Egypt Air, Olympic will not let you cancel. Tell you go back to Travelocity to cancel and Travelocity tell you they cannot cancel, go to airline. See folks and so no way to cancel, no way to get insurance to kick in. And meanwhile money in limbo until you miss the flights and wait until you see the penalties then.

I spoke to Travel Guard agent and after about 30 minutes of her reading all the intricacies of the policy I realized that she had no intention of helping me make my claims and told her thank you and goodbye. On Travelocity the link to MAKE A CLAIM do not work. So up to you but I will never again purchase insurance when I book with Travelocity or Expedia (same company).

Original review: July 22, 2021

I booked a hotel for a few days and accidentally booked the wrong dates which I noticed as soon as I booked it, I called customer service just to see if we could change the dates and spoke with someone named Pallevi who was very hard to understand. I told her I just wanted to change the dates and was told I may have to pay a little extra since I put in the wrong dates but then towards the end of our phone call she was about to book me at another hotel for the correct dates and I happened to ask what the penalty charge would be for re-booking and she told me I would owe the total amount for the original hotel plus the rate for the new hotel. I asked to speak to a manager and was told that there was no one else for me to speak to.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I booked a flight and a hotel well in a week in advance. When I attempted to cancel, a few days later, I could not get a refund for the flight and I couldn't use the so-called 'credit' on another flight I booked. Although the person I talked to informed me that I would get an Email confirming my hotel cancellation, after not receiving one for a week, I called the hotel and they informed that they had never been notified. Now I'm back on the phone with another 'customer service' agent that has me on hold while she tries to figure out what happened. I asked her a simple question "Why would I cancel the flight and not cancel the hotel?" I'm still waiting for an answer.

Original review: July 15, 2021

I was in Maggie Valley NC on July 15, 2021. I made a reservation to stay at the Ramada Inn through Travelocity. I paid with my card, and I received a confirmation by email. When I got to the motel an hour later the motel did not have the reservation. I tried calling Travelocity and could not get anyone. Several times the recorded voice asked for information, but before I could provide it said "I cannot help you" and it hung up. I never got to speak to anyone. The Ramada Inn was very nice. No complaints with the motel. Please do not ever use Travelocity. They are the absolute worst company I have ever dealt with in the 45 years of my career as a salesman. Please don't use them. If you do I am sure you will regret it.

Original review: July 10, 2021

Booked an international flight (Business Class) 6 months in advance with "cancel protection". Tried to change the return flight. Had to cancel the booking and receive a credit. The website gave me 0 options to use the credit. Tried to call and was told a 3hr wait time. Tried to use the virtual agent on the website and was initially told the new price for the ticket was 3x the cost listed on their own website. Second virtual agent told me it was $900+ over the listed price on their website. Excuses ranged from "booking price is different from seat price" and "every business class seat has a different price".

They also reminded me how lucky I was I got a business seat (which I had originally paid for) as if they gave it to me. Additionally they couldn't update the passenger name, and the website showed the new booking as "Cancelled" which required me to call and confirm with airline. It's a totally scam designed to mislead customers into a trap where they can charge you whatever they want.

Original review: July 3, 2021

Booked an international trip before pandemic. Rescheduled trip in Feb 2021. Since then I was unable to access the itinerary. The Travelocity system indicated my itinerary had been cancelled. Not true, just changed. Tried to get help but both phone and on-line (so-called "chat") require an itinerary number to get started. Can't fix itinerary without help, can't get help without itinerary - catch-22. Unable to acknowledge schedule changes made by airline. Filed BBB complaint. Now their phone help system allowed me through with the itinerary number. That system is onerous - they call you back 2-4 hours later. If you miss the call, start over. It's like they have one person to service the entire world. When I did get someone on the phone they told me the itinerary would be accessible in 2-4 hours. It was not. Called again, asked for supervisor. They said a supervisor would call me back within 24 hours - they did not.

Then they changed my reservation in such a way that the departure time of one of my connections was 2 hours before the arrival time. Called again, another 4 hour wait, asked for supervisor. They said they would call back within 24 hours, they did not. Called again, another 2-4 hours, cancelled the reservation. They indicated to BBB that the complaint was successfully resolved. It was not, I just gave up. Rescheduled directly with airlines - got better connections at significantly lower fare.

Original review: June 30, 2021

Horrible experience. Customer service is basically a robot. They have a toll free number to contact them, but it's hidden behind other ways to try to get to it. The experience is easy to book a flight or hotel. They will take your money just fine. But if you have to cancel, or get a credit for a flight or hotel, you're screwed. Stay away from them....book directly with the carrier whether it's an airline, or rental car, etc. Be forewarned!!!

Travelocity Company Information