1.0/5 (85 ratings)

About Travelocity

Travelocity Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

Original review: May 6, 2022

We purchased a tour to Harry Potter Studio Tour London for our family. The tour was a scam - no one showed up with our tickets. Warner Bros. confirmed there was no ticket sale to a 3rd party vendor at that time. Travelocity refused to refund, and is complicit in the fraud. There are so many fraudulent Travelocity sales posted on these review websites! PLEASE FILE COMPLAINTS WITH THE GOVERNMENT: FTC/Consumer Protection Agency. The FTC website also has advice on how to file a dispute with your credit card company in writing to protect your rights and hopefully get your money back. It also suggests filing a complaint with your state attorney general. Travelocity needs to be INVESTIGATED. PLEASE FILE COMPLAINTS with the US GOVERNMENT. Do not just let it go.

Original review: May 2, 2022

Travelocity is the worst service I have ever used. They misprinted my name on a international flight and refused to correct it. After weeks of emails and 3 hour phone calls with them and both airlines, they were still unable to correct the issue. Then they refused to refund over $2000 in costs. AVOID THIS COMPANY.

Original review: April 28, 2022

10:00 bought a ticket San Diego to Oregon but a family issue Emergency funeral 45 min after. I call to change dates and is not any possibility or refund they said...I don’t want refund. Just change dates.

Original review: April 19, 2022

Booked a trip through Travelocity to DC and the hotel I booked turned to be small and their resort was closed even though we paid for the resort fee, after contacting Travelocity, their customer service was rude and blew me off for asking for a refund for a resort fee paid for no resort because the search engine showed it's open and operable.

Original review: April 18, 2022

I was in another country renting a mid-size SUV. Travelocity had decent rates and we were able to find their reference vehicle locally which was ample space for our trip. Any similar vehicles would have been sufficient and the larger size SUV was more space than we desired. Got to the rental lot to pick up the SUV and were told we rented the wrong vehicle. They showed us a hatchback and required almost triple our rental rate to take a Rav4 which is by definition a compact crossover SUV.

Contacted Travelocity several times to resolve the matter and they required that we work it out directly with the rental agency on the other side of the globe that wouldn't do anything because Travelocity made the booking. I've been such a strong opponent to this company that I have convinced corporate teams to stop booking all of their travel needs through Travelocity and Expedia/Hotels.com hoping they avoid the mistake of using such an unreputable booking group.

Original review: April 8, 2022

Here's my disappointing story of the week. I made the regrettable mistake of booking a hotel and car through Travelocity. If you've never booked through them, please maintain that pattern. This company is absolute trash. In middle December I booked a hotel and car for a late February trip. Due to circumstances I decided to cancel the hotel part of the booking. The cancellation occurred in enough time to avoid possible penalties from the booking agencies and or the hotel. I then reached out to Travelocity to confirm my refund. They then assured me that I would receive it within 3-5 business days following an email. I allowed well over seven days before reaching out again.

After waiting on hold for an hour I was finally able to speak with one of their customer service reps. I was once again given the exact same script that the first rep gave regarding 3-5 business days. As you can imagine I was starting to get annoyed with these folks. This back and forth with Travelocity went on for weeks via phone and their social media sites. I eventually came to the conclusions that this is just part of their daily business practices. They withhold legitimate refunds with hopes that the consumers will become so frustrated that they'll abandon their rightful funds.

Yesterday I spoke with one of their reps regarding the same issue. She told me that she'll need to put me on hold so she can contact the hotel to confirm my cancellation. After waiting 20 minutes the travelocity rep stated that she spoke to the hotel staff and it was resolved. Of course I knew she was lying regarding her efforts. What she was unaware of was my unwavering determination to confront this woman with her own dishonesty.

When the Rep returned to the line I had the front desk personnel from the hotel on the call too. This is the person that she supposedly just called on my behalf. During that exchange the hotel clerk bluntly told the Travelocity rep that she was lying. She explained that she is the only one working the front desk and at no point in time did they ever speak. After getting busted and stuttering over her words, she began to claim she can't be on a conference call. I bet she couldn't, these ** are running scams of epic proportions.

Original review: April 6, 2022

I booked flights via Travel-Atrocity. My last name got truncated and needed to be updated. It took almost 4 hours to get the tickets updated. The customer reps were professional and polite. The wait times were absolutely ridiculous. 2 hours on hold, followed by another 2 hours on and off hold. How are these interminable hold times tolerated by the company? I will never use them again, even though the issue was resolved.

Original review: March 30, 2022

I search for hotels using my cell phone and found that I will get a 15% discount if I download the Travelocity app. So I did, believing that the code will get me that discount. WRONG! Travelocity did not accept the code! Chat with someone from Travelocity Customer Service and he said I need a screenshot of that transaction. Tried looking for it but nowhere to be found. I deleted the app right away!

Original review: March 28, 2022

I booked a flight through Travelocity in 2020 that was cancelled due to the pandemic, of course. Today I tried to book a new flight for the same trip using the credit issued in 2020. I talked to 4 different customer service people (all of them had thick foreign accents, making it difficult to understand each other) over 3 hours of my Sunday afternoon. I could only use American Airlines. I could not book it myself because my credit was not available to be used online. I had to sign up for American Airlines Advantage Membership so they could extend my credit to cover this flight.

The first customer service person hung up on me. The phone connection was not good on his end. When I called back I got another person and had to repeat all of the steps I went through w the first person. By the time I went through the steps a second time the flight that was almost booked was now not available. So I had to pick completely new travel plans. Postponing the trip another month. At one point I asked to just be reimbursed for the cancelled trip, but that was not an option. The new flight cost $300.00 more than the original 2020 flight, because the Travelocity discount offered right now does not apply to rescheduled flights using a credit. So you have to pay full price for your ticket. Needless to say I will never use Travelocity or any other online travel company or American Airlines ever again!!

Original review: March 24, 2022

Avoid at all costs! The worst experience I’ve ever had with a travel agency! Booked my flight to ensure I wouldn’t have long layovers, a week before my flight Was to take off my flight was changed leaving me stranded in a WHOLE different state with no means to return home unless I paid $400. After staying on hold for over an hour a new flight was booked with a 13 hour layover…ridiculous! Will be taking this to all social media accounts and making plenty of videos on the matter to ensure that future potential customers avoid Travelocity.

Original review: March 24, 2022

Trying to book a ticket online, the Travelocity website encountered a glitch and asked me start my purchase over; I did and continued my booking. When I refreshed into my account- the glitched flight was also on my itinerary. I chatted with customer service, Bhawna, and was told to contact the airline for a refund on the glitched ticket. I proceeded to call the airline, and then was informed because it was a technical error- Travelocity would have to file a an error form. Travelocity claims they are unable to engage with any airline and refuses to help. I am out quite a lot of money because of the airline ticket cancelation, through the airline, would only refund the taxes on the 'double booked' ticket without the travel agency confirmation.

Original review: March 23, 2022

I repeat, do not book your Car rental through Travelocity! I was unable to make even the smallest change to my itinerary. I simply wanted to change my vehicle type from a car to an SUV. They told me they were unable to change it, even though I was well within the time window to do so without penalty under the policy of the actual rental company. Instead, they gave me the option to cancel my entire booking and rebook as well as telling me I would have to pay a $50 fee just to cancel. If I had booked under the rental company itself (which I will not name), I would have paid nothing to cancel or change. Just book through the actual rental company so you can make simple changes that any traveler should be able to make. Travelocity is making simple booking more time-consuming and complicated than they need to be.

Original review: March 23, 2022

I made and paid for a hotel. When I got there it was very nasty! We had to find another place to stay. When I tried to get a refund Travelocity couldn't find the trip. When I sent them the proof of the payment and the trip confirmation, they sent me a letter saying there would not be a refund! I will never use them again!

Original review: March 12, 2022

American Airlines cancelled our flight due to inclement weather. We had to drive to make it on time to our Daughter’s wedding. They said we had to go through Travelocity to cancel our flights and to get reimbursed. American Airlines said call Travelocity because they booked the flights. We are still without flight reimbursement and Travelocity could give a crap. They got their money.

Original review: March 1, 2022

I had 'credit' for a flight I booked last year that was cancelled due to Covid. When I recently booked a new flight, I tried to use this credit towards the purchase of my new flight, but the website said it could not be done online, that I had to speak to a booking agent. After a 2-hour hold waiting for an agent, I realized that the seats were nearly all sold. I purchased the flights and tried to use the 'credit' to re-imburse me the next day when I had more time to wait on an agent to answer the phone (the wait music is awful). Another 3 hours went by before a human answered and she made me hold for another 45 minutes while 'checking the policy' on the credit and the flights I'd booked.

Finally after yet another 15 minutes she returned to the call only to tell me my 'credits' could not be used towards my purchase (same airline) at all but she would be happy to help me book another flight using the credit towards the purchase if ONLY I would wait on hold for another 30 minutes. At this point I gave up and decided to never do business with Travelocity again. This company has no idea what customer service means - I am completely disgusted. I wasted nearly 7 hours total on hold with their agent and wanted to make sure I share this so nobody else has to go thru what I did.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

I had a trip to Poland planned through Travelocity. Apparently a war zone is not sufficient reasons for them to help me get my refund. And I have contacted them three times and have gotten three different answers to the same question about their policy

Original review: Feb. 26, 2022

I contacted you about my flight being detained, which would mean I would miss my connecting flight. I called you. I emailed you my boarding passes with the delayed departure time. You called JetBlue and called me back to say my boarding pass was incorrect and my flight was on time. You could have been working on a solution at 9:30am when I initially contacted you. NOPE...YOUR INCOMPETENCE LEFT ME STRANDED WITHOUT A WAY HOME!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

I booked 4 flights for 2 people through Travelocity.ca with Azul Airlines in Brazil. I had to cancel due to Covid. I have spoken directly with AZUL and they maintain they have given me a TRAVEL VOUCHER for the full value of my booking. Travelocity just needs to call AZUL on their Travel Agents phone line to get the Voucher number. Travelocity refuses to do this. It is against their "Policy". I have spoken with Travelocity 5 times over 2 weeks. They always promise to "look into it", but nothing has been done and the Supervisor who was to call me back within 24 hours has failed to do so. 1 phone call would save me $800 and Travelocity will not do it.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

I booked a flight on Sun Country via Travelocity. The flight I selected was $214. I kept having to refresh my browser due to a slow connection. After about four attempts I gave up and closed my computer. Three seconds later I got a flight confirmation. When I looked at my credit card statement, the charge was $1003. Both Travelocity and Sun Country are telling me they have the right to alter prices at any time. That may be true but you cannot alter a price in the middle of a transaction. Both Sun Country and Travelocity are blaming each other. Travelocity says they are not responsible for price increases. Sun Country says Travelocity should have alerted me to the price increase while I was in the transaction. Both are true.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

I'm sure some things go smoothly. I needed to make a small change. Their system was down. They told me to re-book and cancel through my credit card after hours of trying. They are still trying to charge me for this canceled booking. It's a whole lot of money.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

I've had the same experience with Travelocity that many others have had. The flights that I had booked months in advance got changed by the airline, then Travelocity said that I had to call the airline to get the booking fixed. It feels like once you pay them, it's all a shell game to play keep away with your money. I think I will try a robo-lawyer or at least some kind of legal remedy. Honestly, I feel like they shouldn't even exist as a company. You are better off in every way calling a travel agent or booking things individually yourself.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

I booked a package to Tahiti in 2020. Due to Covid, I was not able to travel. Even though the flight was non refundable, Delta airlines refunded my money. Not so for Tahiti la Ora resort aka Sofitel. I was offered a credit instead through August 2022. When I reached out to the hotel to rebook, I was informed the resort is closed and have no idea when it will reopen. Told me to reach out to Travelocity for a refund.

I sent multiple emails and made multiple calls to no avail. Asked to speak to a manager, none available. Either too busy taking complaints or sleeping on the job. All the customer service agents in India have no clue, simply repetitive like reading a script off a notebook. I believe it’s their tactic of keeping me money longer. NEVER book from Travelocity or Expedia again as these are joint third party companies. To avoid any hassle or frustration, book directly from the airlines or hotels. Found out saving a few bucks is not worth what I had to endure. Still waiting for my refund. If I had not inquired about rebooking my hotel, I would not know my whole itinerary had been canceled and no one bothered to contact me, hoping I snooze, I lose.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

If I could give them a 0 I would. I booked flight that was cancelled during COVID. I rebooked and had a partial credit of $278 and they couldn't figure out how to "allow me to use it." It was 26 days of back and forth and they asked me to call the airline and stated it was "out of their hands." I'm pretty sure there is complete dishonesty in their practice and they simply don't want to allow me to use my credit. No one should ever book any trip through Travelocity. I called American Airlines too who said they are holding onto my credit and that it had nothing to do with them.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

Booked a trip through the APP, &’ it took the money for the trip and flight out separate charges. But refunded us the amount for the hotel not the flight. Then tried to call and can’t ever get through to anyone because I don’t have an itinerary number, but still took the $1,090.00 for the flight. First &’ LAST time using this horrible site/app. They aren’t even the best website to use for travel.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

To Whom It May Interest, We are having major issues with Travelocity. They sent us an email stating our flights had been cancelled. Due to that error I purchased new flights elsewhere, as we have had nothing but issues while using Travelocity for multiple trips and have lost hundreds of dollars due to their errors. Travelocity is now saying that the flights were not cancelled, despite the email from them they sent stating the opposite. They sent my complaint to higher up executives for review as I was trying to get the tickets credited/refunded due to their grievous error.

I was told it may take up to 72 business day hours for me to get a response regarding that. Weeks later and I never got a response. So I'm trying to get this resolved again for literally the 5th time. It's safe to say Travelocity has a major inability to manage their system properly and to be perfectly honest I'm starting to wonder if they are operating some sort of serious scam operation as this is the second time I have been put in a situation of financial loss (financial gain for them) due to their seemingly fraudulent business ethics. I will never use them again, there won't be a third. I highly recommend you don't use Travelocity for anything unless you want to test your stress endurance or you enjoy donating your money to lost causes.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

Was planning a trip to Puerto Rico to research a wedding venue for my daughter in February 2021. Two way flights were purchased for me and my wife, but we had to cancel due to COVID. Flights booked were Delta flights, and an airline credit was credited to my Travelocity Account. Flights were rebooked for the actual wedding (January 2022) in August - 2021 utilizing the airline credits. Inbound flight was on United, Outbound was Delta (Travelocity switched the carriers after the original reservation even though I booked a two-way with Delta). Because of this I had to book one way fares in order to use the credits.

Received confirmation from Travelocity and record locators from the airline - all looked good. Then in November, I received an updated confirmation that my inbound flight was canceled. After calling the airline, the credit was not actually applied from Travelocity, the flight was not paid, and we were dropped. After several hours on phone with travelocity, they gave me the runaround and failed to assist. United reissued my tickets directly using my credits. My outbound flight was confirmed again by Travelocity, and was confirmed on Delta’s website, along with my seat assignments.

Wedding takes place in January 2022, and we make the trip down to the island with no issues. When it came time to check-in online for the return flight with Delta, the system would not allow me to do so, so I had to call the airline. Apparently the reservation was null and void, because it was not paid for through Travelocity. After 10 hours of being on the phone, getting the runaround by Travelocity, they refused to reissue the tickets, which Delta required them to do.

In the end, I had to rebook my outbound flights with Delta directly at a premium, and within 16 hours of my actual departure time. Travelocity basically took my money, and left me stranded in the middle of my trip. I had to pay double to get home. Never, Never, Never Again will I ever use these thieves for travel arrangements. They are fraudulent, unprofessional, and absolutely do not care for its customers. I’ll use their slogan and just say “Travel Wisely - Do Not Use Travelocity, or risk your own peril”.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

Travelocity misleading their customer. Shouldn't rely on their recommendation. Never ever! Travelocity's recommended LAX Marriot Hotel has no service and no return response to their guests. No service no hospitality.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

We booked a trip to Mexico with a layover in Dallas at 11:40am. Our flight was to leave at 6am from STL. We arrived 1.5 hours early to the airport. Our flight on the board was on time. We made our way to the gate and by the time we got there our flight was "pushed back" to 3pm, and then ultimately cancelled. We had purchased the Trip Insurance for the whole trip, and have been able to get our flight refund -- HOWEVER even though the hotel was advertised as refundable Travelocity has refused to refund the hotel charges EVEN with the Trip Insurance and the flight being refunded. Lesson learned, with Travelocity the Insurance means nothing and they will not work with you.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

We have a credit that I tried for 3 weeks and multiple phone calls which resulted in hours on the phone to use. Each time I would get told I needed to do something else, obtain other information or talk to someone else, I did everything they asked and was finally told they would take care of it and call me back within 24 hours when it was completed. I never got a call back and when I called again I could not talk to the person that told me they would take care of it and then someone else said they couldn't help me. I asked for a supervisor and they said one would call me back, I never received a call from the supervisor. I feel like I have been lied to and they ultimately stole over $1800.00 of our money. Buyer Beware!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

I have travel credit, to claim says to call a number. The wait is over three hours and then they direct you somewhere else. Complete waste of time and money. Chat took over an hour and then was dropped. No resolve.

Travelocity Company Information