1.31/5

Looking for a travel site?

Travelocity

Looking for a travel site?

Travelocity Reviews

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I recently researched a Canadian hotel through Travelocity. The Canadian Price, in Canadian Dollars was reasonable. However, at some point, I wound up on the U.S. site, -- unbeknownst to me -- and therefore was charged in US Dollars, bumping up my cost by $50.00. Did not see that until my credit card bill came in. As I have an obvious Canadian email address, and an account with Travelocity.ca, I think it is poor business practice that the company did not inform me of my mistake. Amazon.com ALWAYS informs me that I might prefer to go through Amazon.ca. When I called Travelocity.com, the supervisor refused a credit. Buyer beware!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I purchased two tickets to Barcelona. I was informed by Travelocity in an email that my ticket was canceled. Weirdly, only my ticket, not my partner's. The email went on to offer me two options to change my outgoing flight. It made no mention of my return flight. I called and spoke to an agent who said I was able (and therefore my partner was also) to cancel our reservations since the new outgoing flight options changed our wait time in Dublin from 2 hours to 12. I said I wanted to discuss with my partner. I called back and stated we wanted to cancel both reservations. After a wait of 40 minutes I was told my reservation was canceled but my partner's was not because the problem was with my return flight! My return was different than my partner's. This was not mentioned in the email I received.

Their resolution was my partner would keep the same reservation and I could make a new one. There was no concern that this would cost me more since I was booking later. While on hold I visited the site of the airline providing the service and found shorter and less expensive options. You are not getting the best deal you can find through Travelocity. A little extra time on the internet to visit airline sites will find better deals. Expedia – owns Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Hotwire and eBookers. I suggest you stay away from all of them.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Took my daughter on a trip to Europe for her birthday, was put on 6 different planes, arrived 3 days late. Rental car never paid for by Travelocity although I prepaid for the car. Arrived in Milan to have to put up $1025.00 just to be able to leave. Lost thousands of dollars in prepaid hotel rooms, and my flight home was canceled, they essentially left us stranded in a foreign country. Do not consider using them and jeopordizing your family's safety. I also paid for the "Travel Guard" insurance and received zero reimbursement. They offered to pay for half of one of the flights instead of reimbursing the entire trip.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

Normally I use Priceline and have no issues. Today I decided to book a one way flight with Travelocity. All was going well and I click confirm booking and then site informs me it couldn't complete booking and to try again in a few minutes. I decide to check my bank account and the charge has already been taken from my account but yet I received NO confirmation or itinerary number. I have been trying to reach customer service but have had no response. I am furious at the fact that I have no flight confirmation but my money has been taken. If this issue is not resolved by tomorrow morning I will be disputing it with my bank account. Travelocity is horrible and I will never use this site again.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

When entering my trip information I decided to click on best price tab. It required me to enter my payment information before showing me anything, after which it completely and arbitrarily changed from a direct flight both ways leaving at specific times to non direct flights at completely different times. Found out I couldn't change it, that I bought and paid for it even if there was no prior indication they would change everything except day leaving and day returning! Complete fiasco!!!

Obviously should have showed me they changed things before I paid for it! Bait and switch.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

My family and I were to go from NYC to Nova Scotia for week on July. My mother got infection in foot and spine issues before travel date and had medical documents and doctor note stating she not travel. Trip was cha was charged and booked way before medical crisis. When needed cancel they did not help with credit or reimbursement. A dispute with credit card for hotel, car and flight had beade. Regards to a travel agency website this is unacceptable and small business bureau should investigate honesty of this travel company.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Made a reservation via Travelocity for flight and car rental in to Monterrey, MX. Long story short I was told the insurance I paid for the vehicle was not valid and that I had two choices. 1) pay 350 for colisión coverage (please note this is more than half of my total purchase price for flight and rental) or 2) they place a hold of 2500 USD on my cc. Called Travelocity and it became a he said she said. I got screwed by both Travelocity and Avis Car rental in Monterrey, MX. DO NOT use these vendors. They are full of **!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Travelocity screwed up my booking. I spent over one hour and a half. The end result, the not so smart agent whom did not know what she was doing, eventually gave up. I will never use Travelocity again. Wow, what a disaster. I tried to rate them zero stars, but this system does not allow it, therefore, I was forced to give them one star.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

This has been the worst experience I have EVER had with a travel agency/booking website! I personally will NEVER use Travelocity ever again!! I would rather pay hundreds of dollars more on a different site or with the airline directly to avoid the possibility of an issue with booking the ticket and having to rely on the Travelocity representatives to fix the issue.

I had two letters in my middle name that were inverted, so I needed to have it changed to match my passport. I was told repeatedly by Travelocity that its policy for fees/charges for name corrections was that it would charge whatever the airline required. In this case, a typical name correction for the airline I booked with would cost $130 per name. However, the airline had an exception for minor mistakes which stated, "[i]f you've made a small spelling mistake with your name, get in touch with us and we'll correct this free of charge, up to 3 characters per name." Because my middle name had two inverted letters, I was told directly by the airline that this exception would apply in my case. Therefore, in accordance with Travelocity's policy of following the airline's policy for this issues, I should not be charged by Travelocity for the change.

However, when I called Travelocity and eventually was transferred to the correct department, the Travelocity representative "called" the airline to check the policy, and the representative told me that it would be $130. After trying to correct this discrepancy, I called to confirm that Travelocity actually called to confirm the policy, and the airline representative told me that no Travelocity representative had actually called to confirm the policy. I interpreted this to mean that the Travelocity representative had LIED to me about checking the policy, and they just wanted to collect the fee and not actually help me. Thankfully, after calling many more times, it was later confirmed that subsequent Travelocity representatives had called in response to my many inquiries about this issue. However, the discrepancy was still not being corrected.

I finally tried to find other solutions by asking if I could do a three-way call with the airline representative and Travelocity representative. The initial Travelocity representative said that it was not allowed, but the name change Travelocity representative said that we could do this. After an hour long three-way call with the airline representative and Travelocity representative, the Travelocity representative was finally told the correct information, and I was given the name change for free.

Although the issue was finally resolved, all of this should not have been necessary. I should not have had to take over 6 hours of my own time to make these phone calls, and my own extreme hard work to get this issue resolved. Travelocity representatives should be there to advocate for and assist their customers in the best way possible. Unfortunately, my impression was that the Travelocity representative simply wanted to get the easy answer and get off the phone instead of working hard to resolve the problem. I am extremely disappointed in Travelocity's willingness to help its customers and diligence in finding the correct answer. For these reasons I will never use Travelocity again.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I've been planning this family vacation for the longest. Ok, we booked the flights. "Reserved" the vehicle through Travelocity. I went to pick up the vehicle and was told it wasn't an existing reservation under my credit card that was charged for the vehicle. I am highly disappointed because not only did they charge my account but ruined my family's day because there were no car available at the moment! NEVER AGAIN WILL I EVER BOOK A CAR THROUGH TRAVELOCITY! EVER!!!! I had to pay double the cost for a car the next day!!!!

Travelocity Company Information