Thrifty Car Rental

Compare Rental Cars

Research top Rental Cars recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Run as fast as you can to another car rental company. DO NOT PREPAY! If your car rental company uses CarTrawler for their customer service and prepay ... just run faster! I spent over 6 hours today, talking to people using at least 7 different phone numbers with one company in the Philippines, where 3 people hung up on me for asking questions. Also I received a fraud alert from my bank as the prepay services use a bank in Dublin. None of this information is on the Thrifty website. And calling 1-800-334-1705 the Customer Service for Thrifty, I was told to go to the Customer Care section of the Thrifty website. ONLY PROBLEM - THERE IS NO CUSTOMER CARE ANYTHING ON THE WEBSITE, ONE CANNOT EVEN TYPE IN A SEARCH BOX.

I will also be leaving this message for HERTZ GLOBAL HOLDINGS as they own Dollar and Thrifty now. I was a BLUE CHIP when it was Thrifty and you could call the local rental office. Giving one star is highly overrating Thrifty. I will be posting this message on every review website I can. Unfortunately this is what happens when our American companies rent out their services to less expensive foreign contract labor, their customers get less and pay more. And you will NEVER see a refund so NEVER PREPAY and NEVER USE THRIFTY. One star average on this site--I am in the majority opinion here. NEVER USE THRIFTY.

I rented recently in Orlando, Florida. The clerk offered the toll pass. I said no. He went into a sales pitch. I told him I was recently in a rental car on this route and it was no trouble to pay the tolls. He began the pitch again. I told him add it. He said no. I again told him, "Add it and I won't need deal with the tolls." He said OK. After I pulled out I wondered if he added it. I tried to find a way back to ask. It was busy and I had trouble maneuvering and gave up when I noticed the Sun Pass in the window. It was great to ride through the tolls, I decided I would always buy the pass. Now I have two separate bills for tolls and administration fees. Stated on the bill is "as a courtesy you will incur a maximum of six administrative fees." There are six on one and seven minus 1 on the other. A total of twelve! I NEVER would have ridden through the tolls if I had known the clerk did not add the pass!

Fraudulent activity - Tampa Intl. Airport: Arrived Tampa AP and waited in line for over 1 hour to pick up a rental car booked and paid for via/Spirit ticket package. Agent (PATRICK) was surly and passive/aggressive. Very slow to process the reservation w/a big attitude. Added 1 additional driver and TOLD him we would not pay for anything more. Returned to Tampa AP to return the car. Garage attendant give us a bill for an ADDITIONAL $708. Thank goodness for on-site agent (JEAN). Unapproved charges were removed from final bill. Do agents earn commissions for adding unapproved charges to car rentals? Business travelers may not pay attention or be in too much of a hurry to complain and agents get away with it... because Thrifty is not paying attention. JEAN stated that PATRICK has 'done this before.' Why does PATRICK still have a job?

I rented a car in Orlando, Florida to drop off in Miami airport. The car stopped twice and I lost my flight to Argentina. I had to pay US $399 to get the next flight. They just gave me US $50. Later I saw my credit card resume and they charged the rental car on my credit card when I already paid with cash because they told me that the credit card was no found. For that reason I had to paid with cash, so they charged me twice. I wrote many emails for the double-charged and they didn't answer. Very bad service and no responsibility with the client.

I rented a car from Thrifty at Phoenix sky harbor airport. Waited 30 minutes to speak to agent and additional 10 minutes for paperwork. At the end of the process he asked if I'd like to add an additional driver but never mentioned an additional expense for it. Imagine my surprise when I returned the car and I got an additional charge for 69.36 for additional driver. I reviewed my receipt when I returned home, multiple areas were highlighted in yellow showing charges and deposits but not the additional driver, I was never told of the charges! I called customer service and Karleshia ** become very rude as soon as I told her why I was calling. She flat out refused to issue a refund or let me speak to a supervisor. She even hung up on me. DO NOT RENT FROM THRIFTY!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Thrifty?

I rented a car at T.F. Green airport in Providence. I was staying in Connecticut for 2 days and then driving to New Hampshire. I was informed by the clerk that since I was going to NH I would need to rent a Paypass for 11.99 a day, (even though I was staying in CT for 2 days and they do not have tolls). I was told that in New Hampshire they had electronic tolls and that there were no cash lanes. I asked what would happen if I did not get a pass and she stated that I would be fined 15.00 per occurrence by Thrifty and then whatever the toll was. Seeing it did not look like I had an option I said "Alright put the pass on the bill." A total of 47.96.

When I arrived in NH rt 93 exit 11 imagine my surprise when I saw a cash lane 1.00 toll. I was not in the right lane to get to the cash line in time, and was also puzzled because I was told they did not have a cash lane. So I used the paypass instead because I did not want to incur a 15.00 fine each time like I was told.

I contacted Thrifty after arriving in New Hampshire stating that there were indeed cash lanes and I would like a refund of the 47.96. They stated that they would look into it. However I was told since I used the pass (4 times = 4.00) I am responsible for the cost of the paypass. I do not find that fair. I was lied to, that is why I purchased the pass because I truly thought that I need it. I am not done fighting these charges. I will contact my credit card company, the BBB, and anyone else I think that can help me. At this point it is more about principle than the money.

Upon arrival to the counter to pick up our car, we were directed to a kiosk where we communicated with an agent via phone and computer screen. She told us that if we used a mastercard, they would hold $350. Also tried to up sell an additional driver for $13.50, but didn't mention that was per day. I used to work in the rental car business so I knew to ask if it was a one time fee or per day. We declined. Didn't ask for our confirmation number and proceeded to show us a contract for just under $200. I reserved it for a total price of $120. Only after I questioned it, did she fix it, and very reluctantly. Picked out our car and took pictures of minor damages since there was no one in the lot to check it over with us. Small crack in windshield and minor marks and scratches in 2 areas.

We had to be at the airport at 4:30 am when it was time to return the car and decided to call customer service to make sure someone would be there at that time, as well as the shuttle would be running. Was assured 2 times from 2 different agents that they are open 24 hours. Got to the rental at 4:00, and building was completely black, no one around not even in the lot. Drove to enterprise and they told us to go to the Dollar counter since they are the same company. Maybe one of the customer service reps should have mentioned that. Got to the Dollar counter, stressed and rushed. 2 agents, neither spoke English very well. I mentioned the minor damage and they said not to worry, they were only concerned about large dents. I will be watching my receipt. Our experience with this company was the worst I've ever had. Will never rent from them again and will tell everyone I know to not rent from them.

THRIFTY appears to be a subsidiary company of HERTZ RENTAL CAR. We recently took a trip and booked our airfare, hotel, and rental car through Expedia. When we picked up our rental car in Houston, we were asked if we wanted toll coverage ($12/day for 3 days). Knowing we would be on the interstate, I agreed. We were also told we needed to pay a deposit and it would be returned when we returned the vehicle. I reviewed my bank account today and saw that we were charged $111.00?!? When I called to inquire, I was told I consented (by signature). I signed a screen (I assumed consenting to the verbal items discussed with the agent). I asked to speak with a supervisor. I was told to call back. After three calls to Manila, I was told I couldn't speak with a supervisor, and there was NO RECOURSE, since there was "a signature". CAVEAT EMPTOR!

I had Booked my Car Rental via Expedia with a cost of $307.98. I arrived to Pick up my Vehicle at LAX 5440 W CENTURY BLVD. The agent went on to Say it was a horrible idea to Rent a Bigger car. I said "well there is only I and two little girls. No need to do that". He went on to say, "oh it will only be 2-3 Dollars the most". (He probably gets a Commission or bonus. Who knows.) Then he says "so you don't want Insurance", I said no... This is why I also said no while I was booking through Expedia.

Now that I am back THRIFTY CAR RENTAL BILLED ME TWICE... for this extra perks!! It is my word against the Clerk... I specifically said I did not want a bigger car rental and NO INSURANCE!!! SO INSTEAD OF PAYING $307.98 MY TOTAL BILL NOW IS $624.59!! After reading all these reviews... I wish I would have taken my business somewhere else. I asked if I could talk to a supervisor or Manager. I was told NO... They don't have any!! Biggest con-artists I have ever dealt with!! Never again!

I had reserved a rental at this place thinking I got a good deal. I got there earlier than my reservation time. The employee told me I couldn't pick up the rental early because I prepaid. I was lost, a reserve is a hold regardless off the time and this wasn't specified on the website. So the employee told me to fill out to become a rewards member, that way he could get into the reservation and let me rent early and it charges you $1 for that.

Then he proceeded to tell me "oh I understand you have a credit card however, it's a MasterCard so we have to treat it as a debit card and do a $250 hold." I told him I didn't recall reading that on the site. He turned the computer all the way around so I could see this all the way at the bottom of the screen, very tiny then the rest of the writing. He apologized and I said that was fine. I by no means am going to max out my card for a rental when I needed to do other purchases.

He told me to contact customer service because I prepaid. In a nutshell Thrifty refused to refund my money back to my card because I should've been aware that they discriminate for visa versus MasterCard but in bigger writing it said debit a deposit. Nonetheless, I could see maybe taking a percentage but to take all a person's money and I did not get the vehicle is bad business. And I'm reporting them to BBB.

I just came back from a week-long trip and discovered that Thrifty charged me an additional $170 for insurance - after I declined insurance coverage! I carry extra insurance for rental cars (it's only $5/month), and always decline coverage. When I called Thrifty to object to the charge, they said that it was a valid charge as far as they are concerned. The customer service agent said it is my responsibility to review the contract and declined to take action.

As it happens, the rental agent at the counter was unable to print the contract. After several tries, she went to a different station and returned with the contract folded and in an envelope. She asked me to sign on an electronic screen, and I did so assuming that she had done her job correctly. When I asked for a receipt upon returning the car, I was told that I would have to get in the very long line at the rental counter to receive a receipt. Rather than miss my flight, I decided to forego waiting for a receipt. I discovered the incorrect charge only when I checked my credit card company website. The unauthorized charge, the absurdity of making a customer wait in a long line for a receipt, and the refusal to acknowledge their error mean that I'm out $170, and they have lost a customer. I strongly recommend that others use another rental company.

A friend and I recently rented a car from Thrifty. Our pickup location was Dallas Fort Worth Airport. The Thrifty agent tried selling us what I have now been told are "vertical up charges" for pretty much everything! Upgrade car type, toll fee, insurance, extra driver etc... We agreed to the second driver charge and the pre-paid toll fee since the agent insisted the only way to exit the airport was thru a toll and that our final destination would require tolls. We also had a lengthy discussion about insurance, we DECLINED the insurance. I did not look over the paperwork since I assumed the agent would be honest and correctly charge us for what was discussed. Upon returning the car we told the check-in agent we only went thru one toll, she kindly removed the toll upgrade fee ($36).

When I returned home I called Thrifty to inquire about these extra charges I noticed on my bill. There was an insurance charge and insurance taxes on my bill. I told the customer service agent we had declined insurance but we were charged. Thrifty customer service said there was nothing he could do about the charge. The Thrifty representative also told me that counter agents are required to offer 3 "Vertical up charges"! I then asked if they get commission based on the up charges and he said "yes"! So bottom line... The Dallas agent tried to sell us every upgrade imaginable and when we declined she deceitfully put us down for insurance! What bothers me even more is the Thrifty representative in customer service told me it was my fault for not reviewing my bill before leaving the counter. DISGUSTING AGENT AND CUSTOMER SERVICE. I WILL NEVER USE THRIFTY AGAIN!

We rented an SUV through Hotwire online and then the SUV was to be available at the Thrifty counter at the Jacksonville Airport Feb 15, 2017 - Feb 23, 2017. We arrived and filled out the paperwork as normal and sent to the kiosk with the paperwork. Got there and the actual vehicle we were given was a Ford Fusion. Not even close to an SUV as it said on the paperwork. My husband then had to walk all the way back into the airport to try to resolve the issue only to be told if he wanted that SUV that was available, it would cost double what we were originally told. NO WAY! So we were stuck! To us as consumers this is being duped! Hotwire lures you in and Thrifty sticks it to you. We will never book a thing thru Thrifty again and furthermore we are warning all of our family and friends.

I made vehicle reservation Thrifty but the site transferred me to Car Hire (CarTrawler) and after my arrival to pick up the car, I was told they cannot rent me a vehicle and I asked why and the customer service representative at Thrifty rental desk said he doesn't know why. I ended up renting a vehicle from Alamo. It has been two weeks and I still didn't receive my refund amount of $79.80. I called CarTrawler customer service 855 454-9316 and I was asked to send them a copy of driver license and credit card statement.

I made the payment online using my credit card and why they just refund the amount directly to my credit card instead of asking me driver license and credit card statement. To me this is super SCAM tactic. I asked to talk to a supervisor but I was told will take 48 hours the supervisor to call me. Are you kidding ME? I'm giving them 1 star because it's requirement. They don't deserve a star at all. This is ridiculous. Please do not use this company or make prepayment.

After 8 hours of traveling, I waited in line for hour and 40 minutes. The customer service guy at the San Juan Puerto Rico airport was unfriendly and rude. Probably because he was the only one there and the line was really long, not my fault! Finally, when I got to the counter he said he needed to go to the bathroom and I said ok, (I was been really understanding). When he decided to come back and started my process he told me "because you are paying with debit card you have to pay insurance" (that was after the tolls charge). He make me mad because I should be able to pay with whatever payment method I want, he should said "Our policy blah blah blah", but instead he blame me for paying with debit card?!!!

It's crazy I said, "I know for fact in Puerto Rico you don't have to pay for insurance since the laws are different there and the government is the one that provide insurance so all the cars are already insured". So I ask him to swipe the card as a credit instead of debit, and he was starting to get ugly and snapped at me when I stop him and said I don't need that, just want to know what is the difference to pay with a debit and a credit card. Anyway I told him to do it. They end it up charging me $560.00 and the price online was $185.00. The car has a hole under one of the mats that you can see the insulation. Lol. Never will rent a car from that people again! If you visit Puerto Rico there is Target rent a car which I heard is a better deal!

I booked online for a rental car from Thrifty. I went the next day to pick up said car and was told I couldn't have it because I do not have a credit card. They had no problem taking my debit card for the deposit as soon as I booked it. Now they refuse to refund my $95.88 saying I canceled the day I was to pick it up. I didn't cancel. They refused to let me have it. Not every person has a credit card. This trip was for a family emergency and I certainly did need the extra stress this caused me. Trying to reach someone to talk to is a nightmare. I feel like I was scammed! Never again will I use or recommend Thrifty or CarTrawler.

Took a flight to Fort Lauderdale for a trip to see a family member who was in hospital, used these thieves services and will never again do so. Watch your bill. 4 day rental booked with insurance for 65$ turned into 300$ more. Huge rip off. Upon return of vehicle I was accused of smoking in vehicle when I wasn't. Went to talk to manager and of customer service. They were very obnoxious and rude and said if car smelled like smoke you were smoking in it which funny thing is I am a non smoker and was handed a 300$ charge for this. Called their corporate office. Same attitude as their workers behind desk. I highly suggest going to another rental service even if it's a couple bucks more. Also avoid Dollar rentals as well they are the same company. Avoid at all cost if you value your hard earned money only to be scammed by trash.

I recently rented a car in Alabama and Florida from Thrifty. I had read about the Florida License plate tolls and asked the person at the counter how to handle those. She seemed confused and finally said something to the effect of "Oh, we haven't heard anything about them, they must not be doing that right now." Of course I did not believe her, and on the entire trip to Key West I very carefully only went through toll booths at the "Cash" lanes. Apparently there are a couple of places in Florida where you don't have this choice because I got 3 charges of $1.32 each on my car. No big deal, right? Wrong! I just got an invoice from Thrifty for not only the $3.96 for the tolls but an "Administrative Fee" of $15.00 per fee, for a total of $45 in fees on top of the tolls!

Trip Advisor has a very good article on these tolls in Florida. Turns out most other rental companies do NOT require you to opt in. Coverage is automatic. Even if I HAD opted in, it would have cost me $9.00 per day for the entire rental, even though I only had these tolls on ONE day. Several other companies charge as little as $3.95 per day, and ONLY on those days where you actually incur a toll charge. In my opinion, this is an outrageous action by Thrifty. They should enroll a person automatically, and a more reasonable charge for this service is indicated. Never will rent from them again.

On February 12 at approximately 9:30 PM I arrived at IAH in Houston and picked up a prepaid Thrifty rental that I had booked through Orbitz. I stopped by the counter in the rental car center. After an average to moderate wait I gave the agent my drivers license and credit card and picked up the rental paperwork. I was told to go up to the garage and pick up a car from the full size lane.

I picked up a Buick model, loaded my luggage and drove to the gate. At the gate the attendant again asked for my drivers license and credit card. She mumbled something about how I wanted the basic correct? After a long wait the agent began writing something on my windshield with soap. She said she couldn't rent me that car. I asked why and she said it was due for an oil change. I had to back up (now there was a line behind me) and pick up another car.

The only car left was a Chevy Cruze with almost 40,000 miles on it. I transferred all my belongings to the Cruze while hoping I forgot nothing in the dark. I checked out with the second car. At no point was I told any charges would be added to my prepaid rental. I returned the car at around 11:00 AM on Friday, February 24 at IAH. At first there was no one around to check in the car. Finally a lady with the portable unit showed up. She printed a receipt and I said this was a prepaid rental. Again she said nothing about any additional charge.

After arriving home I checked the receipt in detail and discovered that I had been charged any additional amount of over $168 for LDW. I never was told during the entire rental process that this was being added. I later called the Thrifty Customer Service line and the agent said that I had signed for it and I had to pay it. Eventually she said she could refund 50% of the cost. I said that was not a satisfactory offer. I left a complaint on the Thrifty web page and all they said was that since the LDW was on the contract I am stuck with it. They said they are sending me a $50 gift certificate towards a future rental. I will never use it.

I suspect that Thrifty employees are given incentives to sell high profit margin items like insurance. I always decline the insurance because I am covered through my own insurance and through additional coverage on my business VISA card. I think this amounts to a deceptive business practice that preys on hurried travelers rushing to get to their motel or catch a flight.

Updated on 3/19/2017 - I wanted to followup on my experience with Thrifty Car Rental. After contacting Thrifty via their web complaint for I received an answer that they would not refund my payment for extra insurance but that I would receive a gift certificate good for $50 towards a future rental. My certificate arrived this week. The first thing I noticed was that it had an expiration date of June 30, 2017. So I have only 3-1/2 months to use it. It sounds like they are betting that I won't use the certificate. They would be correct. I considered it to be an insult.

Thrifty Car rental charged my credit card $250.00 cleaning fee. This is an outrageous amount to get some dog hair vacuumed from the back of the back seat. Other than the dog hair, the car was returned in excellent condition. I was told by the manager that it is the company policy and fee.

The monkeys working at the Thrifty Car Rental in Aruba are nothing short of complete idiots (Tatiana, Lisette, and some other guy)! These thieves are the most incompetent, unfriendly, dishonest people I have ever run across in my world travels. NEVER RENT FROM THEM! They have no concept of customer satisfaction or manners. They're rude and don't care that they're working in a paradise, where people want to go there to get away from life's stressful moments. Also, these idiots don't seem to realize that tourism is their #1 source of income for their economy. They cheat you out of gas money and credit card transactions and don't care what you have to say about that.

I filled up my full size van with the same amount of gas that was present when I took the van and was told that I had under-filled. I told them that this is the exact spot where I saw the needle when I took it and they did not change their minds. After asking to see pictures of when the van was taken on the first day, they showed me and the before/after needle on the gas gauge was identical. Yet, they still charged me for gas nonetheless. In the process of me discussing this issue with them, I had heard THREE different people arguing with the Thrifty Car rental employees that they specifically requested that their credit card not be charged because they were paying for their rental through cash. Yet, they were still charged and refused to reverse the charges. DO NOT RENT FROM THRIFTY!!

I rented a car on 2/16 from Thrifty LAX and the attendant told me I was OBLIGED by the State of California to get SLI or LIS (Supplemental Liability Insurance) coverage, which doubled the price of my rental. I was hesitant, as I had already read that no coverage was mandatory in CA and not only that, my credit card covered all my car insurance, but he INSISTED, saying he was not allowed to rent me the car without that coverage. Tired from a 14hr flight, I unwillingly paid up and drove off. A few days later, speaking to a friend who's an attorney, he told me SLI is NOT mandatory in CA and that they should have never forced me to pay for it, let alone lie to my face in order to get more money. Do not fall into this trap! And DO NOT RENT FROM THRIFTY!

I rented a car at the Miami airport in early February 2017. The estimated fee was about $70 for a 36 hour period. The agent offered me add-ons at the desk, including a toll fee. I had no idea if I needed this, but the agent led me to believe that if I didn't choose it, I would have to go through some complicated process to pay tolls and that tolls would be everywhere. So, I wound up paying $20.00 for a couple of dollars in tolls. Much worse is the fuel charge. I understood that if I brought the car back with a less than full tank I would have to pay a fuel charge. This did not concern me because most companies charge to fill up the tank more or less at market price. The Thrifty/Dollar agent failed to point out that I would be charged $10.00 per gallon! With gas in Miami about $2.50 per gallon this is just a complete rip-off. I would never again rent from a company again exploits its customers like Thrifty/Dollar does!

Rented a compact car from San Francisco Airport. Filled out paperwork and was sent out to get keys on another level. Once they gave them to me he just pointed in the direction of the car. After leaving we noticed a small chip in the windshield. As it's been raining for weeks in California, using the wipers accentuated the crack bigger. After dropping off the car and the attendant too busy to get to us we left the car. Within an hour an additional charge of $200 plus taxes was levied on my card. Spent countless calls trying to reconcile this issue. Nothing but excuses and promises of returned calls, with no reply. DO NOT RENT FROM THESE GUYS EVER. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Despite prepaying for my rental car in advance before my trip, I was tricked into paying 2x more by these thieves in insurance LDW when I arrived at the counter. Then I was told to pick any economy car in the aisle and guess what only one car was available after being directed by two different Thrifty employees in Ft Lauderdale that couldn't even speak english. The car that was available was dirty and stained seats inside and drove like the transmission was failing, jerking and sometimes stalling out. So I would never, ever rent from these people again.

My Canadian travel agent booked a "Toyota Corolla or similar" car for us for a week beginning 17.01.29. At the service counter, around 10 am, we were handed over an invoice with 3 times more cost than quoted. The reason, the woman said, was that my auto insurance does not have enough coverage, and that we need to purchase their insurance. Then at the parking lot, we saw not a single Toyota Corolla but many Korean Hyundai. That made me wonder if they have any Corolla at all in the first place. After picking up the car and met with my friend who had been renting car frequently in L.V., I was told that I really did not need the insurance from Thrifty. And also I should not purchase the pre-paid full tank of gas because they charged more than a full tank than if filled by myself.

The next day I went back to Thrifty to reverse the policy. The staff applied high pressure on us, saying things like "don't listen to your friends", "there is always a first time for accident to happen" etc. Anyway, because we had used the car for one day already, and had to pay the insurance for that one day, they handed us a bill that would made our change of policy totally meaningless. So go there with a very strong will unless money is not a problem. But if we were not on a budget, we would go to Hertz. We will never rent anything from Thrifty in future, as I prefer to deal with good and honest people.

When picking up our reserved car, I asked if my husband could drive the car. The agent said that would be "no problem" but did not tell us that I would be charged $78 dollars more on my credit card for him to do so! Almost 6 months later, I was going through credit card statements and noticed with that added charge plus increased tax, I had been charged almost $100 more than what I had been told as far as the fee!! I planned to call the company, but shortly thereafter had to have emergency heart surgery. I got behind in my husband's business bookwork etc., due to surgery and recovery time, and was not able to call Thrifty until after 6 mos had passed from the rental time. They said they would not be able to find my rental number because of the time and could do nothing to help. But, then, they said my husband signed the contract! How did they know that if they could not locate the rental number!! I would never recommend this company!

Was charged 309 miles instead of 60 miles over my limit 310 miles. Called "boss" Saad ** at thrifty Melbourne airport multi, multi times. He never return. Posted miles cheating on their website. No response. Holding $100 of their charge in dispute box. Terrible company. Don't know if they instruct employee to cheat or just a bad apple who worked that afternoon I return car 12/26. This should not go away without noise and bad publicity for a rotten company.

While visiting Las Vegas, rented car though Southwest. When got to window rep said that I was eligible for an upgrade with the credit card I was using quoted $12.00 a day. Then asked if I want to include the insurance which I said yes to the LDW. However I did not ask to check my receipt before I signed for the car. I was not shown what my charges were going to be. So when I did look at the receipt to find out my return time I was shocked to find my charges were 629.91 but when I got home I looked at my credit card and seen that the charge was $738.00. I will never rent from them again. So be warned to check before you sign. Also the car we received sounded like a rattle trap. Not sure if this was the brand or looked like one of doors had been painted over. Maybe it was in a wreck.

I picked up my car on a very wet dark day at Sea-Tac at approximately 2:55 PM on Jan 26, 2017. I had proceeded to the pickup point on the third lower level of the parking garage. The lighting at that level was very poor when I inspected my car before driving away and it appeared to be O.K. I drove the car 115 miles to a home and later to another home, then returned to first home, then finally to the airport for the car return prior to my leaving on my flight to Phoenix, AZ on Jan 29, 2017 at 9:17 AM.

I was informed at my car return that there was slight damage to the lower right corner of the bumper (this type of damage could only come from a street curb, and the only curb that I was near was only about 2 inches high at my son's home). A slight rock chip to the very upper edge of the windshield was also discovered. These damages had to have been there when I inspected the car, but due to the poor lighting conditions I did not see them. I would have had to have a flashlight to see them. Please correct this kind of a situation. I suggest that you inform this Sea-Tac location to provide inspection flashlights to their customers at the car pickup, so all concerned may "be sure" that there is no damage to the car. I don't remember ever renting a car from Thrifty before, but this experience may have been a learning experience. Don't rent from Thrifty?

Expert Review

Lauren FixAuto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.    More about Lauren→

Part of Hertz Global Holdings, Thrifty Rental Car has more than 1,000 locations in 77 countries. It focuses on serving cost-conscious consumers and business travelers.

• Best-rate guarantee: Renters may book on one travel site, only to find the same terms on another site at a lower price. When booking on the Thrifty website, the absolute lowest price on all rentals is guaranteed.
  • Airline loyalty program: Thrifty Rental Car partners with airline rewards programs to offer miles or points for every rental.
  • First-time rental guide: The first-time rental guide on the Thrifty Car Rental website walks customers through how to make a reservation and what to expect.
  • Contact: Call or email Thrifty Rental Car during normal business hours for fast service, or use its urgent contact line in the event of an emergency.
  • Loyalty program: Blue Chip Rewards loyalty program comes with benefits like shorter lines, faster reservations, faster drop-off services and members-only discount offers.
  • Get more for less: Pay for a compact car rental and get something larger with the Wild Card rental. Any reservation with a Wild Card is guaranteed at least a compact car, but it may be upgraded at no additional charge.
  • Best for Vacationers, business travelers, temporary workers and those with cars in repairs.

Compare Rental Cars