Thrifty Car Rental
1.02/5
Based on 103 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Thrifty Car Rental

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 15, 2018

868 Thrifty Car Rental Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

We came last Saturday evening to Minneapolis, MN airport at 10:15pm to pick up our car rental only to discover that the attendant had left early. The counter was supposed to be open until 11pm. I called from our connecting flight and told the person at the contact number for Thrifty that we were running late and asked if someone would be there and she said she would forward the info to the person and that they were open anyways until 11pm. When our plane came in, I sprinted across the airport to arrive at 10:15pm and no one was there, I checked outside where the cars are and then talked to the other car rental agencies who said the guy had left early.

Luckily, the other rental agencies had people working so we were able to get a car in order to drive to our hotel 2 hours away and get some rest so we could enjoy the next 2 days of our vacation. If we had not been able to get a vehicle, our short trip would have been ruined because the rental didn't open til 9am the next morning. Our flights had been delayed that day and we had a very long, tiresome day of traveling. I WILL NEVER RENT A CAR FROM THRIFTY EVER IN THE FUTURE. THANKS FOR NOTHING. Why bother taking a reservation? I'm not paying a dollar so don't charge me.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I purchased my flight along with my rental car which I was charged $12/day for. When picking up the rental car, I upgraded up one level from economy. Rather than charging me the difference of $3/day, I was charged an additional $15/day. When confronting the representative with the charge, their explanation was the fees change daily. So basically I was charged for renting 2 cars. Their solution was none. Not how business should be conducted, robbing customers.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

This is our first time renting from Thrifty Rental. (Denver Airport) This is probably our worst experience with a car rental company. The guy who rented us the car was very rude! He insisted that we get the toll tag, because there was no way around the tolls. A total lie. The first car we rented smelled like smoke. Really? The replacement car was a joke! The windshield wipers were terrible, the car was on half a tank, and the driver’s seat was very uncomfortable! What was awful was trying to drive in the rain to Cheyenne, WY with sucky wipers! If this is how your company does business, we won’t be back!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

My husband and I prepaid for a rental car in Phoenix in January 2018. We arrived at the airport at 1 am expecting that our car would be there. We approached the Thrifty counter in the garage and were rudely told that there were no cars. The woman working told us we could go try Hertz if we wanted. She never offered any assistance to resolve the situation and left us to deal with their error ourselves. I called the Thrifty number only to find out that they are also Hertz. They said they could book me into a Hertz vehicle (the same style as I reserved at Thrifty) but it was over $100.00 more.

We booked it because we had no other choice. When we went to pick up the car the style we reserved (mid-size SUV) was not available. We took a smaller vehicle but still paid the price for the vehicle we reserved. Since I prepaid my original reservation through Hotwire I had to contact them for reimbursement. It really felt like a bait and switch. Prepay your car through Thrifty but then pay a higher rate at Hertz; both owned by the same company. By the way, numerous people who had been turned away at Thrifty showed up at the Hertz rental counter while we were there. This was a terrible experience.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

When you go to Thrifty's Website, you'll see a "pay now" link which creates the impression, you're getting a deal. You ARE NOT GETTING a deal. When problems arise, Thrifty says it is necessary to deal with CarTrawler. I returned a car 5 days early and got NO credit. I was told to deal with CarTrawler. Best to avoid both companies!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Rent A Car?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I tried to do no stars. We had plans to be on the road at 530 am but due to misinformation on payment procedures with representatives we were delayed 3hrs to getting on with our trip. Running behind, upon departing we noticed a smell and how dirty the vehicle was. We tried to call and no one could get us to the Atlanta center were we picked up the vehicle. We found out the smell was maybe a spilled milkshake because it was stuck to the back of the seat and the cup was still under the seat. It was never vacuumed, cleaned.

It's so disappointing because we were attending a funeral and our mother and the grieving family didn't even want to ride in the vehicle. We had to pay to get the vehicle washed and spent monies to buy supplies to detail and vacuum the vehicle ourselves. Completely unacceptable. We called customer service and they insist there was nothing they can do. I never had this issue out of a rental and this was the 1st time using Thrifty. I understand inclement weather from salt and snow days ago left the vehicle dirty on the outside but there is no excuse for the vehicle looking like this on the inside.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

We rented a car through Priceline from Thrifty at the Liberia, Costa Rica Airport. The agent informed us that our CC insurance was not valid as they needed a letter from the "bank" and $5000 deposit. We were forced to pay almost double the rental amount for the insurance as we did not have this letter. At no time prior to our arrival in Costa Rica did Thrifty or Priceline inform us of this special requirement. This was a robbery plain and simple. We later learnt that EuropCar does not charge these usurious rates and accepts the CC Insurance without a letter. Upon returning the Car in San Jose, and while travelling in the Thrifty shuttle, another customer informed us that he never pays the insurance scam and does not produce the"letter" required by Thrifty. And he even rented his car from the same venue as we did; The Liberia airport Thrifty outlet. Avoid Thrifty at all costs. They would be wise to change their names from Thrifty to Thiefty.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Stop, you can easy find something way better. The price that was shown on Expedia was $190 for 5 days but I was charged $429!!! When I tried to contact them nobody was even tried to help me, they were only transferring my call with no results - I called them like 5 times, so do not even consider this car rental because You may have the same problem I had, also lady by the counter was not nice and helpless. I have a screenshot of the price that they offered me and overall bill if someone wants to compare let me know!!! Pick up another company!!!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Worst experience of my life renting a car at the Louisville airport. The blond woman who appears to be in her early fifties (and refused to give her name) treated us like dirt, and cheated us into paying for insurance saying there was no choice. After double checking with the Thrifty 1 800 number they said this was wrong. Ohhhh, but this woman hasn't heard the last of us. In a nutshell, she charged 168 dollars for an estimate that was 48, for a two-day rental. Do not rent from these crooks, ever! Very dishonest cheaters at this place. Never again! One star is too much.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I rented a car Dec 6 and 7th in Houston Texas. I'd never rented from Thrifty. I travel quite a bit and just go with the cheapest solution. They never mentioned tolls or the conditions regarding tolls. Most rental car places have a toll tag on the car. I thought nothing of it. The car didn't have a tag when I got in. I assumed I'd be billed by tag and went about my work. A month later I received the bill. $6.50 in tolls and a $15 "service charge" for each instance I went through a toll booth. This SHOULDN'T BE LEGAL!!! Especially if I was never told.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

We rented a car in Nashville and had booked a premium. When we arrived, they had no premium cars and the economy cars were all very small. They finally gave us an upgraded car which got much lower gas mileage than the one we had booked. In addition, we were asked if we wanted to add a second driver, which we did. We were charged $65 additional for the second driver which was not mentioned. I have never been charged for a second driver. When we complained, we were told we should have read the contract. We had already waited in line for 30 minutes before being helped at the counter. Will never, never rent from Thrifty again. With all the complaints about this company I cannot believe they are still in business.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

We rented a van in LA. Bought the express package only to be charged on two separate issues for using the express lanes on the freeway. When we called Thrifty we were told that it did not cover those highways on which we received the tickets. We only traveled within the LA area and were never told that certain highways were not covered. Two months later we received another notice for a parking violation! We have no idea what that is all about and feel Thrifty uses these fines to increase their profits. We have no proof and cannot remember where exactly we parked two months ago that would have caused this violation. Never will we use this company again.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Thrifty Car Rental is pushing their daily toll pass as a convenience pass in the city but they failed to tell me about “administrative fees” if I didn’t purchase the daily pass. I questioned the agent about the daily pass cost since I was only driving thru and passing 2 tolls and I found it to be extremely expensive vs. just paying for tolls. I wasn’t told about “administrative fees” even though I wanted to confirm if there was any additional fees when using the pass in the vehicle.

I received notice of $32.97 due for tolls. I was told that since I didn’t buy the daily pass they are charging administrative fees on top of the $9.00 in toll fees. I sent them a check for $9.00 but they are still trying to collect on full amount. Thrifty is trying fraudulently to sell their daily pass without disclosing additional fee information to consumer at the counter. I will file complaints with BBB, IL state consumer affairs office and dispute charge with my CC company. I will never use Thrifty or its affiliates again due to their fraudulent business practices.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Our car was not ready when we got there. It was to be at noon and we were there two and we had to wait for an hour and they finally gave us an upgrade but they were very unhelpful, very hostile. I would not recommend anyone running a Thrifty Rental Car.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I received a promotional e-mail offering 20% off base rate for 2 days sale. When I tried to book a car with the discount, no Thrifty location would accept the discount count in Fort Lauderdale/Miami/Palm Beach. This is a bait and switch tactic and Thrifty Car Rental company can't be trusted. I then called their main number 800-847-4389 and they knew nothing of the promotion nor do they deal with discounts I was told. They gave me another number 312-843-5786 and they took 10 minutes to research discount offer and said it was only for some locations. I asked for the locations in Florida and they had no way of knowing where it could be redeemed. I then called the corporate number but it has been disconnected. I will never use Thrifty Car Rental again and will warn others to stay away!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

We have been renting cars for more than 30 years. Since we have our own insurance we have never purchased the extra insurance. We reserved the car through AAA and on the reservation, it clearly states we do not want the insurance. Without letting us know, they charged us for the insurance. We have called Thrifty several times to get the charge taken off, but they will only give us a small portion back. The cost of the insurance was $142.45. I was told they would give me $49.89 back and then gave me another number where I could call to see if I could get a full refund. When I called the number provided, I was transferred back to the original number.

At this point, I was told I had already agreed to the $49.89 so no further refund would be given. I believe it is illegal to add this extra charge without informing the renter. It's a scam! I agree that my husband should have looked at the receipt and should have noticed the extra charge, but he never thought that they would add an extra unwanted charge to the bill. We would like a full refund of the insurance charge which was never authorized.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I actually posted this on my FB account which is something I would not normally do, however, I am making an exception with Thrifty Car Rental! Keep in mind, my husband, Frank, has been a Blue Chip member for 10-15 years and we have never had an issue. Frank and I were in San Diego this past June and rented a car. Upon return, the person who checked us in, said that there was a chip in the windshield. Normally, we look a car over for dents, scratches, etc. before we check out and have an agent make a note. However, this small of a defect would be hard to catch! It's not much bigger than the head of a pin, if that!

We sent pics to Thrifty and explained that we had not caused this damage and assumed it would be taken care of, especially since we are long time customers with an excellent track record. Their response was we signed a paper accepting responsibility. We were in a hurry, trying to catch a flight, so didn't take the time to read what we were signing, unfortunately. We will not pay for damage, because the last agent checking in this car missed this spec of damage. Terrible customer service.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I would rather walk than rent from this company, ever again. I don't care if you gave me a car and title for free, I would never go back. We fly 1,000 miles away from home to do a shopping trip and watch the Rocket take-off, we were going to have the car for a total of 7.5 hours. We land in Orlando and get to the ticket counter, the guy asked for the driver's license and credit card, the usual spill, well then I am told that my rental could not be fulfilled because my credit card name does not match my driver's license. It's a business card you **. DUH!

But it doesn't end there, after me being told I can't rent a car, I walk, because I'm not going to sit there and be embarrassed because my card "can't be taken", word of advice. If someone has on a $3,000 backpack and $800 belt and $1200 shoes, you give them the effing car without questions, those are the customers you are supposed to satisfy, not make sure they never return. THE BEST PART, I get to Louis Vuitton in the Meliana "whatever it's spelled" mall here in Florida, to find out my card has been declined, so I therefore call my credit card company to find out that Thrifty has put a $300 hold on my credit card when I DON'T EVEN HAVE A RENTAL, so that caused my card to get frozen, but thankfully I unfroze it immediately.

So Thrifty, tell me why I was charged over $300 for a car that I have never drove, or even had the keys to. Also, I wouldn't recommend your customer service reps hanging up on me again, because I have her name and employee number, and there is a handwritten letter being dropped off in the mailbox in the morning, absolutely a disgrace of a company, and I thought nothing could get worse than McDonald's or Taco Bell, well here it is.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I rented a car in Barbados in August during Carifesta 2017. They charged me for a 1/4 tank of gas at pick-up and told me to return the car empty. It is a dirty, dishonest rip off trick. The tank should have been full or 1/4 tank (in this case) to be returned as was received at no additional cost. It is dishonesty because Thrifty is capitalizing on my concern/fear of a stalled car therefore, to avoid that I would always bring it up to the safe level at Thrifty's advantage.

Furthermore, with Thrifty's 1/4 tank policy is therein implied that I must keep driving aimlessly in an attempt to utilize all of the petrol which I had already paid for. That by itself is so wrong and unfair. Thrifty is making me pay for petrol that I may not need or use, in effect stealing money from my pocket in a very covert, sneaky way.

The trick is even more sugar coated because the total estimated price for the rental is lower than their competitors, but when you go to pick up the car the cost for the 1/4 tank is included. Typical bait and switch. Never rent from Thrifty again. I returned to Barbados 4 weeks later and rented from Hertz, they are excellent and their cars are of better quality.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Picked up car rented months prior at Sacramento Airport. Thrifty knew car would be returned in Seattle. Tolls were incurred in Washington State, electronically with no option to pay cash. Toll amounted to $6.10 yet Thrifty tacked on a $15.00 administrative fee. I never was asked to use their PlatePass option. Very dissatisfied with this extra fee. Thank goodness there was only one toll as the administrative fee is added to each single toll up to $90.00. What a rip off!! The car was as expected, nothing special and thankfully no hidden damage costs.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I turned in my rental to the Charleston, SC Airport off site and all was great. 3 weeks later I am getting e-mails stating the windshield was cracked. When I turned that car back in it was in perfect condition. I noticed that in the e-mail they attached a copy of the Vehicle Damage Report, which states must be filled out by renter. This was not only written in someone else's handwriting but they got my address wrong. What a scam. Someone working there cracked the windshield and they want to try and pin it on their paying customer.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I recently rented a car from Thrifty Car Rental company airport location St. Louis, MO. I made a reservation about 2-3 weeks prior to rental for a standard SUV. When came to pick up the car, I was given a large 7 passenger SUV. I asked to give me a car that I reserved. The rep that was helping me said that they don't have any other vehicles. I tried to explain that I don't like large vehicles and didn't reserve one. He kept repeating himself that they don't have any other ones.Then I asked to give me a discount since the larger vehicle will have higher gas consumption. He said he will not do that. The female rep standing next to him began preaching, and the other rep, who I found out later was their supervisor named Kevin, came over and said in a impolite and discourteous manner that he can return my money and I can go next door and rent whatever I want.

I was very disappointed of this rude and unprofessionally handled situation. I didn't enjoy driving this car either. What is the point of making a reservation in advance if I'm not getting the car I reserved? Out of all the experiences I had with this company, this is how I will remember the company because I was very disappointed with my experience.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017 After refusing offers of additional insurance, gas filling options and upgrades, I got my paperwork, signed and went to my car. Upon return I found that I had "signed" for an upgrade costing me twice as much as I'd planned. The paperwork that I signed for was placed in a folder along with a bunch of other paperwork.

I'd clearly told the person working at the desk that I didn't want an upgrade. Obviously they get some sort of commission because they put the upgrade in the paperwork into the folder. I signed the folder.

Customer Service gave me the runaround. Told me it was my fault for signing off on the paperwork even though I'd made it very clear I wanted the car I'd asked for NOT an upgrade. Last time I'll be dealing with Thrifty. If you do... Check the paperwork INSIDE the folder before you leave the counter. Who knows what you've signed up for.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

The customer service for Thrifty Car rental at the Columbia Airport is horrible. They are understaffed. It is pretty much a do it yourself operation. You inspect your car and call in if you have any thing that is larger than a $. When you return it, there are no signs, no direction, nobody out there to return the car to. You have to go back in to the rental desk to return but nobody looks the car over.

The car was horrible. It was a Hyundai Accent. It was cleaned and sprayed with some scent to mask the smoke smell in the car. The grill on the front was hanging off (had to call that in so I did not get blamed). The car sits very low and scrapes on pretty much everything. The brakes squeal. The best part was when I went to turn on the A/C. I tried everything and I could not get cool area. It was just hot air blowing out at me. I was doing sales calls in a suit and sweating profusely. I had chocolates as giveaways that melted. It was ridiculous to say the least.

When I returned the car, I was not given any compassion regarding the situation. I could not find where to return the car as there is no signs and not direction on what to do. I finally called the desk. I was hung up on the first time and then finally got someone. I explained the whole situation and they put me on hold. Another person picked up and said, “Are you waiting for luggage?” I said no and that I spend 10-12 min explaining to the previous person. At this point, I just want to return the car and get out of there. I am then told that I need to trudge all my bags into the desk as they have no one out in the garage to return the vehicles to. I don't even get so much as a “I am sorry for the problems you experienced”. I just took the receipt and left but not before stopping to let the Enterprise folks know that they now have all my business. I will never use Thrifty again!! Worst car rental company ever.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

Twice in July 2017, I left my car at the Thrifty Logan Airport Park and Fly. On the first trip, about $10 in quarters I keep for parking meters was taken from both the "ash tray" and the glove compartment. So, the next time, I only left $2 in quarters in the ash tray AND they were taken! No effort was made to conceal the theft. I will never leave my car with them again.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

On January 28th 2017 I arrived at the Thrifty Car Rental at Las Vegas McCarran Int`l Airport. During the process the agent asked what insurance I wanted and I clearly stated that I was declining all insurance. I do this in all rental car situations since my VISA card covers the CWR and my Canada Liability Insurance is good both in Canada and the United States. He argued that my liability insurance was not good in the United States. I presented my liability certificate and in his presence called my insurance company to get clarification. It was made clear that the liability coverage was valid in the United States and was referred to a website for a complete write-up. I again insisted that I did not want any insurance on the rental vehicle.

I was then instructed to sign a digital pad, which I assumed was just to show I was accepting the vehicle. I was never told what I was signing for on the digital pad. This pad showed no amount or other information. No documents or contracts were reviewed with me prior to me signing this screen. At the end of the transaction the agent handed over a closed booklet and pointed to where I would pick-up the car.

On my return on 25 February 2017 the vehicle was checked over and I was handed a receipt stating that I owed $653.81 US for liability insurance. I was shocked at this charge for insurance which I had declined. I disagreed with the attendant and was directed to the Thrifty counter at the Airport There I spoke to an attendant who then proceeded to have me meet with the Manager. I met with Damion Williams, the Manager and I explained what had transpired on the day that I rented the car. After some discussion he attempted to reverse the charge on my credit card. However, he stated he was limited to a credit of $200.00 US. He provided the toll-Free number for Thrifty Corporate offices. In addition he supposedly noted his actions on my file on the computer so that Corporate would have all info on file when I called.

I called Corporate on Monday morning 27 February, talked to Anika. She saw what was on the file from the Manager at Las Vegas, and after a few minutes stated that my card would be credited within 3-5 days. This call was recorded. By 7 March 2017 nothing had transpired on my RBC account so I again called Thrifty Corporate and again spoke to Anika. She stated that the file was being reviewed by her Supervisor and the request would be resolved within 24-48 hours. I requested to be advised within that time frame through a call from her or the supervisor. She stated that would happen. This call was also recorded

When nothing was heard from Thrifty I contacted my bank and filed a dispute. After several inter actions with my bank I was advised that they had received the money back from Thrifty's bank. This should have been a clear indication to Thrifty that there was an issue with the charge if their own bank would not support them. Now Thrifty is billing me directly for the charges. I have no intent on paying anything to Thrifty and if they continue to harass me with future bills I will attempt to take some legal action against them.

It appears to me that this company is using the digital signature system to scam customers into paying for additional products that they never agreed to, or at least the counter agents have figured out that this system makes it easy to steal money from customers. By signing a digital pad that does not show an amount or what it is that you are signing for mounts to fraud or at minimum a lack of honesty and integrity on the part of the company and their employees. After this occurred I checked with the Better Business Bureau in the United States and there are numerous complaints to them on this specific topic. It appears that they

are doing this nationwide. Allowing Thrifty to get away with conducting business in this manner needs to be investigated and stopped.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I feel like I just got robbed from Thrifty. They have the lowest fee per day but in the fine print they charge $276 to go to different states. I ended up paying $400 to rent a car for 2 days! I will never rent from them again!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I rented my first Thrifty Car in 1994. They were my go-to car rental. In the 1990s, the carry over customer service from the 80s was still fairly strong. I was/am a San Diego local and never had any problems. I rented my cars with my Debit Card. Earlier this year I was told I could no longer rent a car because I did not have a credit card. An exception to the Debit Card rental was proof of an airline ticket. Why would I have an airline ticket as a local. For over 20 years I rented cars from Thrifty.

I was so embarrassed when I walked to the counter to pick my rental car and was told no. I was allowed to make the registration online no problem. In front of 20 people I was turned away, the manager telling me there was nothing he could do... For over 20 years I rented a car, they took my money; I was a customer. Then one day; there "was nothing" they could do... To put salt on the wound, I still receive Thrifty Car Rental emails offering discounts and deals. 2-3x I have "unsubscribed" from the spam emails. I STILL RECEIVE THEM! Thrifty Car Rental is not a company for the working people. Thrifty Car Rental practices unreasonable and irresponsible services.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

We rented a car from the local airport in order to travel to Texas for our annual Christmas holiday. We had rented from Thrifty 6 times within the last year, including a similar trip the year before. Upon returning and three months later, we were charged on our credit card for $2700 [without our approval] of additional charges for mileage for taking the vehicle outside the accepted range during our 12-day trip; they billed a per mile rate and not the contractual rate. After reviewing the details we found that sure enough, the contract language was changed sometime since the last rental to exclude travelling to TX from the airport in northeast Tennessee where we picked it up. Next, we made a written explanation and appeal directly to Thrifty and even mentioned that their counter employee during pick up that we were going to Texas and he said 'have a nice trip'. No mention of a contract change or travel to TX was prohibited.

Efforts to resolve this amicably were ignored. The Credit Card company [VISA] initially voided the charges but eventually made the charge. Even though a verbal representations were made by the counter employee of Thrifty, corporate apparently does not care. We are done with Thrifty and its owned affiliates. Our four kids are done. We recommend anyone reading this post be done with Thrifty. There are more suitable and affordable alternatives. I am pleased to report we have made three car rental arrangements so far this calendar year and none were with this group. Our correspondence directly to Thrifty were to a Carissa ** who completely ignored our written appeal.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

Ordered a car online in January for a March vacation to Florida. Due to the blizzard, I had to cancel my vacation because of canceled flights. I notified JetBlue and they refunded my fees (no fees were applied either!) within 48 hours. I called Thrifty and they too were going to refund everything (with no fees attached) within 48-72 hours.They lied! I called two more times and told my fees would be refunded. After 2 and a half weeks, I called again and asked to speak with a supervisor because there was no record of my calls 4 other times! Of course a supervisor was not available and then they gave me a different number to call. I guess if you order online a company called "Cartrawler" takes over the billing requests... How convenient. After calling them for over 6 weeks (did I mention they are located in Ireland) I finally got the refund minus cancellation and other fees. There are a ton of other car companies out there, my family and I will never use Thrifty again.

Dollar Rent A Car expert review by Lauren Fix

Part of Hertz Global Holdings, Thrifty Rental Car has more than 1,000 locations in 77 countries. It focuses on serving cost-conscious consumers and business travelers.

• Best-rate guarantee: Renters may book on one travel site, only to find the same terms on another site at a lower price. When booking on the Thrifty website, the absolute lowest price on all rentals is guaranteed.

• Airline loyalty program: Thrifty Rental Car partners with airline rewards programs to offer miles or points for every rental.

• First-time rental guide: The first-time rental guide on the Thrifty Car Rental website walks customers through how to make a reservation and what to expect.

• Contact: Call or email Thrifty Rental Car during normal business hours for fast service, or use its urgent contact line in the event of an emergency.

• Loyalty program: Blue Chip Rewards loyalty program comes with benefits like shorter lines, faster reservations, faster drop-off services and members-only discount offers.

• Get more for less: Pay for a compact car rental and get something larger with the Wild Card rental. Any reservation with a Wild Card is guaranteed at least a compact car, but it may be upgraded at no additional charge.

• Best for: Vacationers, business travelers, temporary workers and those with cars in repairs.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Thrifty Car Rental Company Information

www.dollar.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use