Thrifty Car Rental
1.12/5
Based on 69 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Thrifty Car Rental

912 Thrifty Car Rental Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

No matter how much you search online you will never find me giving a review like this about any place. This people lied to us and swindled us out of $183. The woman claimed it was just a "security deposit". She pointed out how the receipt said it was an "estimated" cost which would only be incurred if we damaged the vehicle. I pushed back and told her we don't need it, she was nasty and disgusting back to me. Turns out that this was was not a "security deposit". It was some ** insurance. We told her multiple times we don't need insurance since our credit card covers car rentals. She tried to sell it to us but I guess she just went ahead and lied about it. Of course, their customer support team didn't give a single crap. She didn't apologize or try to remedy the situation. What a bunch of nasty people. As someone who runs customer support organizations I was absolutely blown away.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

When my mother died, my husband and I wanted to make sure that my young adult, niece and nephew would be able to attend their grandmother's funeral in North Carolina - so we decided we would drive from Rhode Island to make sure that happened. I made a reservation with Thrifty - asking to pick the car up at 9 pm. We requested a car large enough for 4 and was told a midsize would be suitable.

The only car available when we arrived was completely unacceptable. Cramped, uncomfortable and small. When I asked about making other arrangements with Thrifty. I was told that because there was the one car still available in my category, there was nothing they could do. They pointed out that it was late and all the other cars had been taken. I pointed out that I had reserved for that hour AND there were 5 other car rental companies at the next counters and if there was nothing Thrifty could do, I would simply have to void our contract and rent from another company. They said there was nothing they WOULD do. This was after asking the women at the counter to call a manager.

I walked 10 steps to the Budget counter and got a car that was exactly what I had asked for from Thrifty - for the same price. Thrifty, you had other cars available and yet you made an awful situation worse. Thank goodness there are other companies that do what you do, far more efficiently and much better. I was at a loss - both literally and figuratively that evening - and facing a 9 hour drive. The inefficiency of those "helping" me could not have been worse.

Get expert buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

WORST RENTAL CAR COMPANY EVER. Do not rent from them. While vacationing in Florida, I encountered unmanned toll booths where you toss change into a receptacle and I didn't happen to have any change. Too bad. Dollar loves this, though, because they'll try to charge your credit card hundreds of dollars after they pay about $3.00 in tolls. THEN, you don't discover this until your credit card refuses to pay these exorbitant fees. And it isn't until you go to rent another car about a year later that you learn you've been put on a 'Do Not Rent' list. Indefinitely. Don't rent from Dollar or Thrifty. In other words, don't use Hertz. Each rental car company is not an individual company. They are owned by Hertz. The best rental car experience I've had has consistently been Enterprise. They are also the only company that lets spouses both drive without charging a dumb, greedy fee for it.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

This happened in Florida. They charge $9.99 processing fee for $1.00 each toll road, some of them I did pay at the automatic boots. Also one of the toll road only $0.60 they still charge $9.99 processing fee. During rental processing they did not mention anything like this or offer to rent transponder. Any of you still want to use this company I wish you good luck.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Horrible experience. Do not pre-pay for a car through Thrifty Car Rental. If you do not have a credit card and are using your debit card you could be denied a car. Why couldn’t they have let me know that before I travelled a thousand miles? I was stranded without transportation. Told me I had to go through CarTrawler to get my money back. Now they won’t give me all of my money back. It’s a rip-off.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Rent A Car?

Original review: July 30, 2018

After 3 terrible experiences I will never rent from Thrifty/Dollar ever again. I book cars for my company all the time and I had a reservation for one of my reps in St-John's Newfoundland, but the person booked in St-John New Brunswick. My rep landed and they had no more cars available. The entire province is sold out for a festival and they did nothing to accommodate me despite having made the mistake. So frustrated!

Original review: July 25, 2018

Do not rent from Thrifty, Dollar or Hertz. They are all the same company and all terrible customer service policies designed to extract extra money from you and add on ridiculously high charges. I inadvertently forgot to refuel as I was in a hurry. This is not so unusual but when I asked the return person to allow me to go get duke they directed me to the manager. They will not allow you to leave once you arrive at the garage. They charge 9.99 per gallon for this oversight and you may be trapped with this if you are in a rush. All of their fuel policies are designed to add value for them and take more of your money for little to nothing in return.

They also want to charge me $80 when I extended my rental. I called to extremes this and avoid a charge and this charge was not on the ticket I was given but hidden away on a page I did not sign and these are charges for which I had not agreed to pay. Another attempt to take money from paying clients and abuse them to raise income for the greedy corporate overlords.

Then I went to talk to the manager. Truly incompetent guy so I started recording him on my phone. Not sure if they have a policy on this but the guy refused to say anything once he knew he was being recorded, not even the name of his manager. He has a smug and arrogant smile on his face but refuses to do his job and service his customer. They want to charge me $723 for a two-week rental. Adding over $200 in unauthorized charges. I called corporate customer service and they don't seem to care much either. Not sure if this will get resolved but beware of companies with such low ratings. There is a reason.

Original review: July 22, 2018

Reserved and prepaid online (to save money) at IAD. Counter personnel were friendly enough but wouldn't use the debit card I had paid with. Went through rental procedure adding insurance, which I knew would add some additional cost. Was given a quote 4 times higher than prepaid amount. Changed options and was given a new lower quote and guarantee that was all I would pay. Service was good and friendly at pickup and return and car was fine. Get to looking at paperwork and don't see credit for prepay and ended up paying well over 3 times initial online price. Contacted customer service about an overcharge and got 'sorry for any misunderstanding but we have the papers with your signature and no adjustment will be made'. Obviously I'll never rent from them again and I'll inform the many people I know that rent cars to steer clear of them.

Original review: July 20, 2018

We rented a car from Raleigh Durham airport for 3 days and when we returned we had violation notices for non-payment of tolls. For a $9.18 toll charge we were charge $90 in administrative fees. No one ever told us that one we needed to bring our EZ pass and when we got the car the agent never told us that we needed to purchase the toll package or we would be charged these fees. When I called I was transferred to numerous rude representatives who were not helpful one bit and after an hour and 35 minutes I finally was able to talk to a supervisor who was not helpful at all and told me they would only reduce the fee to $45 and when charged it was actually $47.97. I have never dealt with such incompetence. I will never use Thrifty again and I will make sure I spread the word on their deception and horrible customer service. Shame on Thrifty!!!

Original review: July 18, 2018

When I went to pick up my rental that I had prepaid by debit, they denied me at the counter. They run a credit check and I have fair credit. So then they denied me a refund. No car, no refund. They do not disclose what their "acceptable" credit is anywhere on their site. It just says you must meet their criteria. Kind of a blind shot in the dark?! I will never rent from them again and I am passing the word on. They are NOT a good company.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Thrifty Car Rental is very deceiving and dishonest. Rented a car in Ft Meyers through Southwest Airlines online rentals. When car was picked up it was $433.74. The quote on our email was not over $290. I questioned the lady about it and she said it was all the taxes. She never told us it was for some insurance that we did not need at all. Having to be at our destination by a certain time we thought we could get it straightened out upon our return, but after pleading with them on two occasions they stand by deceiving senior citizens. We signed a contract and that's that. They made a fool out of us. Just don't want anyone else to be taken advantage of.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Have made THREE phone calls to Thrifty as to why my credit card was charged $101.22 MORE than what was told to us at check in. After talking to three incompetent customer service people I still have no answer. Do not rent from this company. They have no right to charge unauthorized charges to anyone's bank card. Will be taking the route of disputing it with my bank. Shame on you Thrifty.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I went online to Thrifty.com to look at available cars for rent to take my family on vacation. I saw a nice van and it had a pay now option or pay later. If you paid now it was 100 or so dollars cheaper so I got my debit card out and paid the 652 it asked for and it showed that I would have to pay 182 at the time of pick up. So the day comes for pick up and I go in to rent my car and they tell me I cannot pick it up because I do not have a credit card and they recently changed their policy on accepting debit cards only if you have a flight scheduled.

I asked for my money back that I paid them and they gave me an 800 number. I called the 800 number and they said they could not return my money unless I could prove I had a flight scheduled. I asked to change the name to someone else who had a credit card and they said because I paid they could not change the name. Worst service ever, worst company ever, I don't care how much cheaper they are. I will never do business with these thieves again.

Original review: July 6, 2018

We rented a car with Thrifty. The car was dirty, but OK, but customer service was absolutely horrible. When we first got the car, we had to argue with an employee for an hour and a half, they kept begging us to spend more money. They also told us we could switch primary drivers when the driver we wanted arrived, which will be important later. Later on, we had another relative join us on our trip, and we wanted to make them primary driver. We went back to the rental, and tried making them primary driver instead of who we had who was not best suited for driving. They said it was against their policies, that they could only add him as second driver for more money. The person we worked with the day before said that we could replace the primary driver, the next day they said they could not.

The lady apologized because the person we worked with was still in training, and the correct policy says the primary driver cannot be replaced, a second driver can be added on the same car for double the money. She did not accommodate for us because of the original mistake like good customer service would do, she was greedy and just wanted more money for her business. She did not care about customers. She apologized but did not offer to replace the driver because of the misunderstanding or at least give us a discount, she argued with us until we were forced to add another driver for more money.

The person paying was furious, as now they had to pay double the money after they had been told they did not have to pay a fee to swap drivers. Not only that, but we have worked with Thrifty before, and they have let us switch primary drivers free of charge, breaking no policies. This Thrifty basically lied to us about policies and did not accommodate for THEIR OWN mistake, forcing us to pay double. When a company makes a mistake, they should be honest and accommodate for the customer. Thrifty did not care, and they basically lied to us and made excuses to squeeze all the money out of their pockets for THEIR mistake. Honestly, I don’t know what the truth was about their policy, but we still should not have paid that much money. We even threatened to get another car with another company, and she said the other companies were the same way. I don’t know who to trust. Either way, We will not be working with Thrifty again.

Original review: July 5, 2018

Rented the car from Rentalcars.com with complete insurance from their partner Rentalcover.com: "You have full protection. You will be offered other insurance at the rental desk. Don't pay twice!" But this did not help at all. To get the car I had to take their unrequired insurances (without this I would have lost the originally paid sum and was obliged to have a car). Together with fees etc. I was charged on top of the original rating of 320 $ another 350$! Instead of the SUV rented I got a 2-wheel-drive car for a rental car an old one. At least it worked. Upon returning the car I was asked to pay 390$ instead of the original 350$ ("we have forgotten something"). Thrifty in the DomRep: "You won't like it." After holidays I questioned Rentalcars.com. After an initial mail they closed their answer with "We are sorry to not be able to dispute any further this matter." Experience with Rentalcars.com: not a good one, neither.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Went to ORD to pick up Thrift rental car. Wait in line took 45 minutes, wait for the car to be driven up was 30 minutes. One lady told me I was lucky, she was there 2 hours as Thrifty double rented her car. Car itself was good with no problems. Declined PlatePass Tolling option thinking there would not be the PlatePass transponder in my car as the lady at the counter told me I could pay the tolls myself. I paid my tolls online and via coin all except 2 which PlatePass picked up for a total of $2.80 and $1.90 only because the PlatePass I thought was not there picked them up and prevented me from paying online.

Thrifty charged me $32.92 for these tolls. When I called the customer service agent to complain she was indifferent and so kindly offered me an option to pay $15.00 for each toll plus the toll. $32.92 would become $15 + $15+ $2.80 + $1.90 or $34.70. I asked her to just poke me in the eyes to make me feel better. Such great customer service. Hidden fees of $28.22, I hope someone starts a class action lawsuit as long as Thrift pays and stops cheating people that is all I care.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I rented the car through Booking.com and was given a price quote. When I went to pick up the car there were over $100 worth of data charges that the clerk had said were completely explained on the website. When I told him that those charges were not on the website he basically called me a liar. I was out of time so I had to go ahead with the car rental and it end up costing me about $125 more than what I was planning on.

Original review: June 13, 2018

We were driving from Dubuque, Iowa on our way to Chicago O’Hare Airport when the engine started to have problems. We were approximately 109 miles away from Chicago. I called Thrifty’s customer service number and explained that an engine light was on and the car was overheating. It was suggested that I pull over and wait until the engine cools which we readily complied. I opened the hood of the car to check if there was any antifreeze which there wasn’t. Thrifty’s customer service stated that I should find a place that sold antifreeze and they would reimburse me. We were in a rural area near Stockton, IL where there are no gas stations or stores nearby which made purchasing antifreeze impossible. We drove a little further in pursuit of antifreeze when the engine stopped running completely. We pulled off on an exit and contacted Thrifty’s customer service to alert them that the car the engine had failed and we were stranded.

Our biggest concern was that we were going to miss our flight back to New York. When I inquired to Thrifty’s customer service people “what would happen if we missed our flight?” The response was beguiling and disappointing. I asked Thrifty’s customer service numerous times who would be responsible for paying the $200.00 per person ($400) fee for changing our flight if we missed our scheduled departure and each time Thrifty’s customer service claimed they were NOT responsible for this and we would have to go to the Thrifty at the Chicago O’Hare Airport for any resolution. Therefore, it was clear that Thrifty Car Rental was unwilling to assist us despite being rented a faulty vehicle that broke down in the middle of nowhere.

Thrifty customer service claimed they were going to send a tow truck to pick up the car and find an alternative for us to get to Chicago O’Hare Airport. Thrifty customer service decided to contact a Lyft car service for the ride to Chicago O’Hare Airport. We received a text message from Lyft that a car was ordered and patiently waited. However, it occurred to me that Lyft would not be able fulfill the order because of the logistics. I once again contacted Thrifty’s customer service to explain the dilemma. Thrifty customer service explained that I would just have to wait but, they would call Lyft and a local taxi service to procure a driver that would be willing to take myself and my son to Chicago O’Hare Airport or approximately 109 miles from our location.

I suggested that there was an Enterprise Rental Car company about 12 miles away and we could rent a car from them and Thrifty Car Rental could reimburse me however, Thrifty customer service nixed that idea and claimed that I would be personally responsible to the payment of a rental car from Enterprise despite the fact it was Thrifty’s car that broke down.

At this point, we were concerned that Thrifty would jeopardize us from missing our flight and I contacted Thrifty customer service yet again to find out the status of the Lyft or a taxi driver and they stated that they were unable to procure a ride for us from Lyft or a taxi to Chicago O’Hare Airport and claimed that the tow truck driver from Alber Towing & Recovery (tow ticket #134305) would be willing to drive us to the airport. Considering that Thrifty was unwilling to allow us to rent another car or unable to provide a ride, we had no other choice but to ride all the way to Chicago O’Hare Airport in a tow truck with no air conditioning or seatbelts. Frankly, I could care less if the truck didn’t have air conditioning but, not having a seatbelt for my 17 year old son is another matter. Not only is against the law, not to wear a seatbelt in the state of Illinois, it’s dangerous.

After loading into the tow truck we drive approximately an hour and twenty minutes to Chicago O’Hare Airport and thankfully arrive safely and made it on time for our flight. However, if we did not decide to take the tow truck option and put ourselves in danger by doing so, we would most likely have waited in perpetuity, missed our flight, forced to pay additional fees for changing our flight and forced to pay for the rental of another automobile and possible a hotel. All of which, Thrifty Rental Car was unwilling to assist or compensate in any way. After arriving home safely, I contacted Thrifty Rental Car because they authorized another charge on my credit card because they claimed the car was not turned in.

In sum, Thrifty’s customer service was lackluster and hapless at best. They were unwilling to answer simple questions such as “who would be responsible for the additional fees for changing our flight times due to their automobile breaking down?” We had no choice but to ride 109 miles in a tow truck as Thrifty Car Rental was unable to provide a viable alternative solution such as rent another car from Enterprise Rental Car. (Only because they would not pay.) However, Thrifty Car Rental was willing to place myself and my son in danger by riding in a tow truck without a seatbelt. (We alerted Thrifty of the aforementioned.) In the end, Thrifty Rental Car took no responsibility and was little to no help. I would be remiss to say that their customer service was one of the worst rental car experiences ever. In the future I will do my best to avoid Thrifty Rental Car and their parent company Hertz.

Original review: June 10, 2018

Stay away from Thrifty Car Rental at all cost. Rented car from Thrifty at Cleveland airport - no inspection of car which was of very poor quality - exterior and interior damage. When I returned, I received two notices of tolls owed totally $2.00 with an additional $30 administrative fee. I wrote them a letter - received zero response. So, they charged it to my credit card without my approval. No explanation of where the tolls occurred. Very unprofessional and dishonest company, as well as unethical. SAVE YOUR MONEY! Very poor experience with this company - never again.

Original review: May 29, 2018

We will NEVER rent from Thrifty again. When we picked up the car, they didn't do a walk around. All we did when we left the lot was drive to the hotel. As soon as we got to the hotel I noticed a dent in the front fender. We took pictures to show it was there. They are now trying to make us pay for a pre-existing dent that was there when we got the car. Unbelievable.

Original review: May 28, 2018

I booked my rental through HOTWIRE which I only paid $110.60 for 4 days, I went to pick up my car. I was told that I had to pay $145.00 because of taxes and fees even though I had already paid taxes and fees through Hotwire. Long story short they told me if I wanted to add their expensive $29.00 dollar per day insurance, I say NO!!! I will use my State Farm insurance and plus I already purchase a $9 dollar per day coverage. They said, "Ok, no problem, go ahead and slide your credit card and sign."

I never got any form or contract to review before signing, next thing I know when I checked my bank statement I was charge $137.00 for their stupid insurance and when I call customer service they said I signed a contract and there is nothing they can do but they can email me a copy. I will never recommend Thrifty to anyone, you cannot trust a company that will add services to your booking even though you tell them no. You can tell them everything you want and they will make you believe that's what you are agreeing to when you slide your card and sign. Don't waste your time or money with this THRIFTY FRAUDULENT COMPANY.

Original review: May 24, 2018

This company isn't Thrifty. Use another company! This company isn't Thrifty, it's **. Everything mentioned below is from my experience dealing with them... We rented a car on their website. They asked to enter the age of the driver which was 23. They quoted $253 dollars for a 2-week rental. They had a pop up to inform you about SunPass but neglected to say that because the driver was 23 they were required to pay $27 a day extra for insurance which we did not agree to as that was not what they quoted.

So we canceled the rental, then they charged us $55 for a cancelation fee. This is a company I would never do business with and recommend no one else does either! I went online again and took screenshots to show what they do, the rate amount is different, but you would get screwed the same way. When I called It took me 1 1/2 hours to get to the right person who charged me $55 for canceling... I was kept on hold for a supervisor for over 30 minutes as well.

Original review: May 15, 2018

We had rented a car with Thrifty in Frankfurt via Expedia. We declined insurance at the time of booking as we have our own car rental insurance policy that covers us for up to $1 million world-wide. When we got to the rental desk at Frankfurt airport, the agent insisted that we have to purchase their insurance at an additional 15 Euros a day, adding an additional CAD$320 to our quoted price of $455 for the 14-day rental. They refused to accept our insurance policy and said we had to be a Mastercard or Visa Platinum member in order to be able to decline insurance, even though our insurance coverage is way better than that of the credit cards. They even acknowledged that they are the only company that does not accept other insurance policies.

We had a similar experience with Dollar (which I believe is tied to Thrifty) in Las Vegas a few years ago. We decided to not go ahead with the rental in Frankfurt and went to Budget instead. The whole experience has left a sour taste in my mouth, in my opinion, Thrifty/Dollar are not transparent with their pricing and feel that their entire goal is to squeeze as much money out of their customers as they can. Needless to say, I will never rent through these companies again and will not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Where do I start? I paid 118.00 UPFRONT for car and taxes. Then when I picked up the rental I agreed to the prepay fuel charge (fine no issue there) but I did not agree to any extra rental insurance as we were going to barely be driving it. The guy behind the counter rushed us through and confirmed NO RENTAL insurance. GUESS WHAT!?!! YEP we were charged an extra $90 for rental insurance we did not agree to. Yes we signed the little screen in front of the counter to confirm NO RENTAL insurance but because it was only a signature line, we did not know we were signing for insurance.

The agent put it on without our knowledge and when I called the customer service they will not do anything about it. BEWARE and go elsewhere. I have never had issues with any other rental company. For what I paid for a midsize, I paid less for a Mustang convertible elsewhere. HORRIBLE customer service! OVERCHARGED! It also took me three calls to just get an email of my bill. They never even gave me one when I returned the car as they said they would. It was at an airport in Houston.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I returned my rental to FLL airport. The fuel gauge says full. They tell me the tank is not full and charge me $15.48 for what they later declared to be 7/8ths of a gallon. I told her it was unfair but I wasn’t upset with her personally, to which she declared “I don’t care. I do “this” every day, day in, day out.” That comment drove me to the manager in the booth. When I explained what occurred, one employee (obviously a new one) said “your tank is full.” However, when he walked back to “check”, the woman who checked me in told him to tell me it’s not full. In fact, he came back and said “she told me to tell you that your tank is not full.” Huh? He disavowed his own employer.

The supervisor knew the tank was full (I took a photo of the gauge and they were none too pleased). He raised his eyebrows when he saw my photo (admission). He then snidely told me after I asked for a waiver, “we give you the tank full, you return it full” (deflection). And finally, when he thought I had walked away, he laughed at me (derision). I walked back to let him know I heard and saw him laughing at me, and he lied and said he was smiling (denial).

To all of you out there, but especially to my fellow women, don’t give these people a penny of your hard-earned money. They need to learn that women hate being mocked and laughed at. Frankly, the cost of the charge is minuscule in the scheme of things, but I wasn’t letting it go and I told them, "I am posting my experience with you online and on social media." So, I took the charge just so I could write a bad review telling you to stay away from these people. This is post #2, and I am just warming up. Bye Thrifty. Bye.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Do not rent a car from Thrifty Car Rental. I was billed for gas even after I filled the tank before return, they tell you that your bill will be adjusted if you do so but then they will not unless you dispute the gas charge that they charge you. They also sell you toll vouchers for places that will not even have tolls and then charge you for nothing that you used! They also do not honor prices that you are quoted!!! They are rip off and a disgusting business.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Rent Philadelphia PA Airport - Worst nightmare starting at counter to getting a invoice for toll tag usage after not being informed of policy!! We won't be renting from them again... Once was too much.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Thrifty advertised fraudulent prices and will not honor them, nor take any action. I reserved a Thrifty car for $87 and printed out my reservation. When we arrived in San Jose, Costa Rica, the car cost us $545.64 ($120 of that was for a wifi stick that did not work so well to get GPS navigation)! They refused to honor our reservation price and also made us pay an overpriced cost for car insurance even though we were already covered by our credit card as well as our insurance company back home. We were completely stuck with the car. I voiced my complaints on Thrifty's customer service/complaint email when we returned to the US, but they told me they had no jurisdiction over Thrifty in Costa Rica - even though they publish the prices on their website. There is no recourse and no accountability with this company!

Original review: April 8, 2018

Rented the car to go visit mother and then my grandsons and new great grandson. Car was leaking fluid that I did not want to drive for fear of breakdown. They replaced the car but the amount of time did not allow me to go visit my grandsons for the day allotted them. Refused to compensate me for the day lost. Bad business.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I booked the car online and questioned why it was so inexpensive and was told simply that was the price. I also called Thrifty at the airport in Cancun and was given the same answer. I was told we could pick up the car at the airport, however this was the first red flag. We were shuttled to a Thrifty pickup. The price of the daily rental had changed radically from $16.99 per day to 29.99 per day and this did not include insurance. I did not need most of the insurance as I am covered by my credit card. I was told this did not apply and the insurance brought the cost of the car to $50 plus per day. I was asked for a $3,000 deposit to be put on my credit card, I refused and the deposit was reduced to $300. This took one and a half hours to negotiate. Awful experience, I would never rent from them again, complete bait and switch.

Not sure about Thrifty Car Rental?
Take our two minute quiz to find the right Rental Cars for you.

Dollar Rent A Car expert review by Lauren Fix

Part of Hertz Global Holdings, Thrifty Rental Car has more than 1,000 locations in 77 countries. It focuses on serving cost-conscious consumers and business travelers.

• Best-rate guarantee: Renters may book on one travel site, only to find the same terms on another site at a lower price. When booking on the Thrifty website, the absolute lowest price on all rentals is guaranteed.

• Airline loyalty program: Thrifty Rental Car partners with airline rewards programs to offer miles or points for every rental.

• First-time rental guide: The first-time rental guide on the Thrifty Car Rental website walks customers through how to make a reservation and what to expect.

• Contact: Call or email Thrifty Rental Car during normal business hours for fast service, or use its urgent contact line in the event of an emergency.

• Loyalty program: Blue Chip Rewards loyalty program comes with benefits like shorter lines, faster reservations, faster drop-off services and members-only discount offers.

• Get more for less: Pay for a compact car rental and get something larger with the Wild Card rental. Any reservation with a Wild Card is guaranteed at least a compact car, but it may be upgraded at no additional charge.

• Best for: Vacationers, business travelers, temporary workers and those with cars in repairs.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Thrifty Car Rental Company Information

Tulsa
OK
www.dollar.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business