Thrifty Car Rental

Compare Rental Cars

Research top Rental Cars recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We rented an SUV through Hotwire online and then the SUV was to be available at the Thrifty counter at the Jacksonville Airport Feb 15, 2017 - Feb 23, 2017. We arrived and filled out the paperwork as normal and sent to the kiosk with the paperwork. Got there and the actual vehicle we were given was a Ford Fusion. Not even close to an SUV as it said on the paperwork. My husband then had to walk all the way back into the airport to try to resolve the issue only to be told if he wanted that SUV that was available, it would cost double what we were originally told. NO WAY! So we were stuck! To us as consumers this is being duped! Hotwire lures you in and Thrifty sticks it to you. We will never book a thing thru Thrifty again and furthermore we are warning all of our family and friends.

I made vehicle reservation Thrifty but the site transferred me to Car Hire (CarTrawler) and after my arrival to pick up the car, I was told they cannot rent me a vehicle and I asked why and the customer service representative at Thrifty rental desk said he doesn't know why. I ended up renting a vehicle from Alamo. It has been two weeks and I still didn't receive my refund amount of $79.80. I called CarTrawler customer service 855 454-9316 and I was asked to send them a copy of driver license and credit card statement.

I made the payment online using my credit card and why they just refund the amount directly to my credit card instead of asking me driver license and credit card statement. To me this is super SCAM tactic. I asked to talk to a supervisor but I was told will take 48 hours the supervisor to call me. Are you kidding ME? I'm giving them 1 star because it's requirement. They don't deserve a star at all. This is ridiculous. Please do not use this company or make prepayment.

After 8 hours of traveling, I waited in line for hour and 40 minutes. The customer service guy at the San Juan Puerto Rico airport was unfriendly and rude. Probably because he was the only one there and the line was really long, not my fault! Finally, when I got to the counter he said he needed to go to the bathroom and I said ok, (I was been really understanding). When he decided to come back and started my process he told me "because you are paying with debit card you have to pay insurance" (that was after the tolls charge). He make me mad because I should be able to pay with whatever payment method I want, he should said "Our policy blah blah blah", but instead he blame me for paying with debit card?!!!

It's crazy I said, "I know for fact in Puerto Rico you don't have to pay for insurance since the laws are different there and the government is the one that provide insurance so all the cars are already insured". So I ask him to swipe the card as a credit instead of debit, and he was starting to get ugly and snapped at me when I stop him and said I don't need that, just want to know what is the difference to pay with a debit and a credit card. Anyway I told him to do it. They end it up charging me $560.00 and the price online was $185.00. The car has a hole under one of the mats that you can see the insulation. Lol. Never will rent a car from that people again! If you visit Puerto Rico there is Target rent a car which I heard is a better deal!

I booked online for a rental car from Thrifty. I went the next day to pick up said car and was told I couldn't have it because I do not have a credit card. They had no problem taking my debit card for the deposit as soon as I booked it. Now they refuse to refund my $95.88 saying I canceled the day I was to pick it up. I didn't cancel. They refused to let me have it. Not every person has a credit card. This trip was for a family emergency and I certainly did need the extra stress this caused me. Trying to reach someone to talk to is a nightmare. I feel like I was scammed! Never again will I use or recommend Thrifty or CarTrawler.

Took a flight to Fort Lauderdale for a trip to see a family member who was in hospital, used these thieves services and will never again do so. Watch your bill. 4 day rental booked with insurance for 65$ turned into 300$ more. Huge rip off. Upon return of vehicle I was accused of smoking in vehicle when I wasn't. Went to talk to manager and of customer service. They were very obnoxious and rude and said if car smelled like smoke you were smoking in it which funny thing is I am a non smoker and was handed a 300$ charge for this. Called their corporate office. Same attitude as their workers behind desk. I highly suggest going to another rental service even if it's a couple bucks more. Also avoid Dollar rentals as well they are the same company. Avoid at all cost if you value your hard earned money only to be scammed by trash.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Thrifty?

I recently rented a car in Alabama and Florida from Thrifty. I had read about the Florida License plate tolls and asked the person at the counter how to handle those. She seemed confused and finally said something to the effect of "Oh, we haven't heard anything about them, they must not be doing that right now." Of course I did not believe her, and on the entire trip to Key West I very carefully only went through toll booths at the "Cash" lanes. Apparently there are a couple of places in Florida where you don't have this choice because I got 3 charges of $1.32 each on my car. No big deal, right? Wrong! I just got an invoice from Thrifty for not only the $3.96 for the tolls but an "Administrative Fee" of $15.00 per fee, for a total of $45 in fees on top of the tolls!

Trip Advisor has a very good article on these tolls in Florida. Turns out most other rental companies do NOT require you to opt in. Coverage is automatic. Even if I HAD opted in, it would have cost me $9.00 per day for the entire rental, even though I only had these tolls on ONE day. Several other companies charge as little as $3.95 per day, and ONLY on those days where you actually incur a toll charge. In my opinion, this is an outrageous action by Thrifty. They should enroll a person automatically, and a more reasonable charge for this service is indicated. Never will rent from them again.

On February 12 at approximately 9:30 PM I arrived at IAH in Houston and picked up a prepaid Thrifty rental that I had booked through Orbitz. I stopped by the counter in the rental car center. After an average to moderate wait I gave the agent my drivers license and credit card and picked up the rental paperwork. I was told to go up to the garage and pick up a car from the full size lane.

I picked up a Buick model, loaded my luggage and drove to the gate. At the gate the attendant again asked for my drivers license and credit card. She mumbled something about how I wanted the basic correct? After a long wait the agent began writing something on my windshield with soap. She said she couldn't rent me that car. I asked why and she said it was due for an oil change. I had to back up (now there was a line behind me) and pick up another car.

The only car left was a Chevy Cruze with almost 40,000 miles on it. I transferred all my belongings to the Cruze while hoping I forgot nothing in the dark. I checked out with the second car. At no point was I told any charges would be added to my prepaid rental. I returned the car at around 11:00 AM on Friday, February 24 at IAH. At first there was no one around to check in the car. Finally a lady with the portable unit showed up. She printed a receipt and I said this was a prepaid rental. Again she said nothing about any additional charge.

After arriving home I checked the receipt in detail and discovered that I had been charged any additional amount of over $168 for LDW. I never was told during the entire rental process that this was being added. I later called the Thrifty Customer Service line and the agent said that I had signed for it and I had to pay it. Eventually she said she could refund 50% of the cost. I said that was not a satisfactory offer. I left a complaint on the Thrifty web page and all they said was that since the LDW was on the contract I am stuck with it. They said they are sending me a $50 gift certificate towards a future rental. I will never use it.

I suspect that Thrifty employees are given incentives to sell high profit margin items like insurance. I always decline the insurance because I am covered through my own insurance and through additional coverage on my business VISA card. I think this amounts to a deceptive business practice that preys on hurried travelers rushing to get to their motel or catch a flight.

Updated on 3/19/2017 - I wanted to followup on my experience with Thrifty Car Rental. After contacting Thrifty via their web complaint for I received an answer that they would not refund my payment for extra insurance but that I would receive a gift certificate good for $50 towards a future rental. My certificate arrived this week. The first thing I noticed was that it had an expiration date of June 30, 2017. So I have only 3-1/2 months to use it. It sounds like they are betting that I won't use the certificate. They would be correct. I considered it to be an insult.

Thrifty Car rental charged my credit card $250.00 cleaning fee. This is an outrageous amount to get some dog hair vacuumed from the back of the back seat. Other than the dog hair, the car was returned in excellent condition. I was told by the manager that it is the company policy and fee.

The monkeys working at the Thrifty Car Rental in Aruba are nothing short of complete idiots (Tatiana, Lisette, and some other guy)! These thieves are the most incompetent, unfriendly, dishonest people I have ever run across in my world travels. NEVER RENT FROM THEM! They have no concept of customer satisfaction or manners. They're rude and don't care that they're working in a paradise, where people want to go there to get away from life's stressful moments. Also, these idiots don't seem to realize that tourism is their #1 source of income for their economy. They cheat you out of gas money and credit card transactions and don't care what you have to say about that.

I filled up my full size van with the same amount of gas that was present when I took the van and was told that I had under-filled. I told them that this is the exact spot where I saw the needle when I took it and they did not change their minds. After asking to see pictures of when the van was taken on the first day, they showed me and the before/after needle on the gas gauge was identical. Yet, they still charged me for gas nonetheless. In the process of me discussing this issue with them, I had heard THREE different people arguing with the Thrifty Car rental employees that they specifically requested that their credit card not be charged because they were paying for their rental through cash. Yet, they were still charged and refused to reverse the charges. DO NOT RENT FROM THRIFTY!!

I rented a car on 2/16 from Thrifty LAX and the attendant told me I was OBLIGED by the State of California to get SLI or LIS (Supplemental Liability Insurance) coverage, which doubled the price of my rental. I was hesitant, as I had already read that no coverage was mandatory in CA and not only that, my credit card covered all my car insurance, but he INSISTED, saying he was not allowed to rent me the car without that coverage. Tired from a 14hr flight, I unwillingly paid up and drove off. A few days later, speaking to a friend who's an attorney, he told me SLI is NOT mandatory in CA and that they should have never forced me to pay for it, let alone lie to my face in order to get more money. Do not fall into this trap! And DO NOT RENT FROM THRIFTY!

I rented a car at the Miami airport in early February 2017. The estimated fee was about $70 for a 36 hour period. The agent offered me add-ons at the desk, including a toll fee. I had no idea if I needed this, but the agent led me to believe that if I didn't choose it, I would have to go through some complicated process to pay tolls and that tolls would be everywhere. So, I wound up paying $20.00 for a couple of dollars in tolls. Much worse is the fuel charge. I understood that if I brought the car back with a less than full tank I would have to pay a fuel charge. This did not concern me because most companies charge to fill up the tank more or less at market price. The Thrifty/Dollar agent failed to point out that I would be charged $10.00 per gallon! With gas in Miami about $2.50 per gallon this is just a complete rip-off. I would never again rent from a company again exploits its customers like Thrifty/Dollar does!

Rented a compact car from San Francisco Airport. Filled out paperwork and was sent out to get keys on another level. Once they gave them to me he just pointed in the direction of the car. After leaving we noticed a small chip in the windshield. As it's been raining for weeks in California, using the wipers accentuated the crack bigger. After dropping off the car and the attendant too busy to get to us we left the car. Within an hour an additional charge of $200 plus taxes was levied on my card. Spent countless calls trying to reconcile this issue. Nothing but excuses and promises of returned calls, with no reply. DO NOT RENT FROM THESE GUYS EVER. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Despite prepaying for my rental car in advance before my trip, I was tricked into paying 2x more by these thieves in insurance LDW when I arrived at the counter. Then I was told to pick any economy car in the aisle and guess what only one car was available after being directed by two different Thrifty employees in Ft Lauderdale that couldn't even speak english. The car that was available was dirty and stained seats inside and drove like the transmission was failing, jerking and sometimes stalling out. So I would never, ever rent from these people again.

My Canadian travel agent booked a "Toyota Corolla or similar" car for us for a week beginning 17.01.29. At the service counter, around 10 am, we were handed over an invoice with 3 times more cost than quoted. The reason, the woman said, was that my auto insurance does not have enough coverage, and that we need to purchase their insurance. Then at the parking lot, we saw not a single Toyota Corolla but many Korean Hyundai. That made me wonder if they have any Corolla at all in the first place. After picking up the car and met with my friend who had been renting car frequently in L.V., I was told that I really did not need the insurance from Thrifty. And also I should not purchase the pre-paid full tank of gas because they charged more than a full tank than if filled by myself.

The next day I went back to Thrifty to reverse the policy. The staff applied high pressure on us, saying things like "don't listen to your friends", "there is always a first time for accident to happen" etc. Anyway, because we had used the car for one day already, and had to pay the insurance for that one day, they handed us a bill that would made our change of policy totally meaningless. So go there with a very strong will unless money is not a problem. But if we were not on a budget, we would go to Hertz. We will never rent anything from Thrifty in future, as I prefer to deal with good and honest people.

When picking up our reserved car, I asked if my husband could drive the car. The agent said that would be "no problem" but did not tell us that I would be charged $78 dollars more on my credit card for him to do so! Almost 6 months later, I was going through credit card statements and noticed with that added charge plus increased tax, I had been charged almost $100 more than what I had been told as far as the fee!! I planned to call the company, but shortly thereafter had to have emergency heart surgery. I got behind in my husband's business bookwork etc., due to surgery and recovery time, and was not able to call Thrifty until after 6 mos had passed from the rental time. They said they would not be able to find my rental number because of the time and could do nothing to help. But, then, they said my husband signed the contract! How did they know that if they could not locate the rental number!! I would never recommend this company!

Was charged 309 miles instead of 60 miles over my limit 310 miles. Called "boss" Saad ** at thrifty Melbourne airport multi, multi times. He never return. Posted miles cheating on their website. No response. Holding $100 of their charge in dispute box. Terrible company. Don't know if they instruct employee to cheat or just a bad apple who worked that afternoon I return car 12/26. This should not go away without noise and bad publicity for a rotten company.

While visiting Las Vegas, rented car though Southwest. When got to window rep said that I was eligible for an upgrade with the credit card I was using quoted $12.00 a day. Then asked if I want to include the insurance which I said yes to the LDW. However I did not ask to check my receipt before I signed for the car. I was not shown what my charges were going to be. So when I did look at the receipt to find out my return time I was shocked to find my charges were 629.91 but when I got home I looked at my credit card and seen that the charge was $738.00. I will never rent from them again. So be warned to check before you sign. Also the car we received sounded like a rattle trap. Not sure if this was the brand or looked like one of doors had been painted over. Maybe it was in a wreck.

I picked up my car on a very wet dark day at Sea-Tac at approximately 2:55 PM on Jan 26, 2017. I had proceeded to the pickup point on the third lower level of the parking garage. The lighting at that level was very poor when I inspected my car before driving away and it appeared to be O.K. I drove the car 115 miles to a home and later to another home, then returned to first home, then finally to the airport for the car return prior to my leaving on my flight to Phoenix, AZ on Jan 29, 2017 at 9:17 AM.

I was informed at my car return that there was slight damage to the lower right corner of the bumper (this type of damage could only come from a street curb, and the only curb that I was near was only about 2 inches high at my son's home). A slight rock chip to the very upper edge of the windshield was also discovered. These damages had to have been there when I inspected the car, but due to the poor lighting conditions I did not see them. I would have had to have a flashlight to see them. Please correct this kind of a situation. I suggest that you inform this Sea-Tac location to provide inspection flashlights to their customers at the car pickup, so all concerned may "be sure" that there is no damage to the car. I don't remember ever renting a car from Thrifty before, but this experience may have been a learning experience. Don't rent from Thrifty?

I rented a vehicle with Thrifty for my business associate from Ecuador (who was not familiar with norms of customer service from a car rental company in the US) because it was the most economic option available. Upon receiving the vehicle, he was handed the keys to a smaller vehicle than I had reserved and told "Go get your car over in that corner." The car was still wet from being washed, and NO ONE FROM THRIFTY CHECKED OVER THE CAR FOR SCRATCHES AND DENTS in his presence. He wasn't asked to sign anything. He left the Miami airport and later had to pull over to use his water bottle to wash the windshield b/c there was NO WINDSHIELD FLUID.

I called to complain about the size of the car, the poor service and lack of windshield fluid only to get transferred from one operator to the next between Dollar and Thrifty, and NO ONE COULD REPORT MY COMPLAINTS NOR DID THEY OFFER AN APOLOGY. The only positive thing about this experience is that the renter went to another Thrifty branch where he switched the rental for a car that represented the reserved size and had windshield fluid.

It gets worse... the renter returned the vehicle to MIA and saw that there was a very long line of angry customers who were in a hurry. So, when it was his turn, he was rushed out of the car and DIDN'T HAVE THE CHANCE TO REVIEW THE CAR FOR ITEMS LEFT BEHIND. He had a lot of luggage, and unfortunately, he didn't realize until he was already at the check-in counter that he had left behind a laptop computer on top of the trunk cover. He went back to Thrifty less than 45 min later to recover the laptop. The car had already been washed and the computer was gone. The manager said that the only thing he could do was file a report online and wait until the lost and found opened 3 days later after the weekend. The on-duty manager WOULD NOT take action to speak with Thrifty employees in the car wash or vehicle return to inquire about the missing laptop.

I just spoke with the person in charge of the Lost and Found. She said that she did not find anything and told me the following: maybe the renter left the computer at the hotel, maybe another customer who was returning his vehicle took the computer from my friend's car, maybe the next customer who is renting the car took the computer, I could call the police to file a report, I could submit a report online to the lost and found (even though I told her several times I had already done this). She was NOT WILLING to investigate with the employees who washed the car or handled the return to see if any of them saw the computer. Apparently, the police can do this three days later?!? This resulted in a loss of over $900. I was never once even offered an apology for the horrible service during the various phone calls (other than I'm sorry I can't do anything for you). IN CONCLUSION, DON'T EVER RENT FROM THRIFTY, not even if it's free!!!

Bought and prepaid rental through VIPCARS.COM. Picked up at MIA INTL asking to add extras: GPS, 2nd driver and fuel. After 10 miles and 10 changes of route was clear that GPS was malfunctioning. It took 5 1/2 hrs to get to key west, only by switching off GPS and using mobile ph with internet connection with intercontinental rates. When returning our rented car they told us our contract looked like closed, sent to the manager, we were asked to show again license and cr/card (just in case... we will let you know via email). No communication received. Requested more than $1000 on our AmEx, rejected, waiting for explanations... This was our first and last rent with Thrifty. Not again.

I had an original rental for 15 days from Ft. Lauderdale airport. In the middle of the rental period, the car I was given, A 2016 Escape, experienced engine shut down, while I traveled solo on I-95. I immediately went back to the rental agency to switch out vehicles. The operator closed out and reopened a new agreement instead of just modifying the existing agreement. This equated to me a duplicate of all the extra fees due to his error. Thrifty states there is nothing they can do to refund, that it is my responsibility even though it was faulty car and employee error. I was also charged a different price than originally quoted for an extra day. Definitely bootleg company and representatives.

The agent added insurance I didn't need and an upgrade I didn't ask for. I caught the insurance but not the upgrade. Trying to get hold of someone in Customer Service is a nightmare and the agent would only say, "You signed the contract." I explained our flight was delayed, we were tired, and there was a line behind us, and I never authorized an upgrade. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, the Customer Service (not) would not let me talk to a supervisor.

Be very cautious when renting from this company. They offered me for an upgrade for $10/day. Assured me would be larger more nice vehicle. The car was having issues with acceleration. When I called roadside assistance there was not another sister location near by to trade vehicles. I informed the tenant at the counter I was traveling a long distance with a small child. I feel robbed considering I was quoted $135 and was charged over double. I will never recommend or return business with such a scam. Highly advise other car rentals. Do not get trapped in a "good deal".

I picked up a rental car during Thanksgiving week 2016 and paid car insurance with my credit card. Early January, my credit card company calls me that my credit card just had an unauthorized transaction. That credit card was used only once and only at Thrifty Car Rental at LAX during the whole year. Their employees stole my credit card information since that was the ONLY location that had access to my card. According to my credit card company, the employee/s stole the number and duplicated the card. I am sure that I am not the only person who's information was stolen. If this person/s is ever get caught and come to my country, I will seriously have their hands cut off for theft.

I am yet one more person who made the mistake of renting with these thieves. I was never offered a "SunPass" and apparently FL cut costs by going with automation (getting rid of all the toll folks). No problem. However when I got the bill for the tolls of which I would gladly pay, these thieves charged 15.00 per entrance fee. "Administrative Fee" You can ** me once... Never again and will of course not pay this but fight it on general principle. Go with Costco, Alamo, Uber, whomever but not these guys. Stay away at all costs!

Such tricky person I didn't see in my life. One moment I start believe I am at Nicaragua, not in Florida. The person who assist me was very kind, he smile to me and did his job. He took advantage at me. I sure hundred percent. I book my economy car online and paid 143.00 for 4 days. The rest 26.00 I should pay at counter. So when I came I told that I need small insurance like road assistant, which include in package reduce risk. I am the customer and I choose what I need. He said ok and show me big smile. I left with car, I was very quick. It was 29 December. A lot of task should be done.

Next day I check my credit card and I was surprised. He charge me 191.00. Beside all I already paid 143.00. It's for small economy car for 4 days. But my frustration was, when I came to office to talk to this guy. He was so rude, he didn't want to talk and all time he threaten me with police. I said I don't care. Eventually he call to police and said, that I make something wrong in his office. When police came I explained what happened. After all I was very sad that police in this country on side of that crooks and greedy pigs. There are no customer service at many places today. It's very sad.

I've used Thrifty/Dollar for many years with absolutely no problems and have always enjoyed the experience (5 stars for reasonable rental fees and customer service). However, my latest visit was not as enjoyable as I had hoped. I visit my mom every year for the holidays in MA (I'm from IL) and, as is the case in many states, the toll roads have become all electronic. If you are familiar with Boston Logan airport at all, you'll know that the only (and easiest) way to head due west (to Springfield) is to take the MA turnpike.

By Thanksgiving of 2016 the MA pike had become completely electronic - no more ability to pay cash. The total toll is reasonable for the 2 hour trip - $8. However, Thrifty adds an admin fee of $15 on top of the toll (in this day and age of electronic processing what exactly does that $15 cover?). While that charge in and of itself is not so bad (though still somewhat unreasonable) they actually charge it for EACH toll - I hit several toll "cameras" on my way from Logan to Springfield even though I never got off the pike. Each toll is separate and triggers a separate $15 admin fee (the counter clerk never mentioned this, but corporate told me it is "embedded" in the contract somewhere).

Bottom line - Thrifty is asking me to pay $105 in admin fees for total tolls of $15.70. VERY UNREASONABLE. I called to complain and after getting shuffled from customer service rep to customer service rep (8 times) the last one said there is nothing she could do about it and that I should sue them. Very unprofessional and I just might take her advice. I will NEVER rent from them again.

We rented our car in Jacksonville Florida. We returned it in Miami Florida. While traveling we had to use toll road. We did not have a sun pass (we are from New Jersey). There is no way to pay the toll. They charge the car license plate. Our tolls were 7.39. THRIFTY CHARGED US 97.39 for ADMINISTRATION FEES!!! I will never rent from them ever in the future.

Beware the Dishonesty. I rented a car at Thrifty in the Fort Myers, FL airport and when I got to the counter I was very adamant about not wanting to buy extra insurance and not needing an upgrades for a fancier vehicle. I told the woman (Mona) that I just wanted what I booked on-line and that a compact car (Ford Focus) was just fine for my quick trip. After repeating myself several times through her persistent attempts of up-selling me she finally conceded to what I was saying and had me sign the last page of the rental agreement that specifically showed that I was opting out of Liability Insurance and assured me that the car was exactly what I booked on-line.

When I returned the car and received the final bill of 191.17 for a 3 day Ford Focus rental I was shocked. There were charges for roadside assistance and Loss Damage Insurance that we never even spoke about. She never once showed me the itemized breakdown of costs and assured me that everything was per my on-line booking registration. The only form she showed me was the declining of the liability insurance and had me sign that page. My on-line booking was for 67.41 and my total bill at the end was for 191.17. I called customer service and they were not willing to help and were also rude on the phone adding insult to injury. I will never use or recommend Thrifty again.

The worst customer service experience at pick up 11/28/16 and at time of return 12/9/16. I got overcharged and was treated very rudely by the counter staff. I booked a 10 day rental and the counter staff without my permission changed the rental to 7 days plus a 5 individual day rental. My concerned were never conveyed to the boss. DO NOT SHOP WITH THIS RENTAL CAR COMPANY. Take your business elsewhere.

Expert Review

Lauren FixAuto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.    More about Lauren→

Part of Hertz Global Holdings, Thrifty Rental Car has more than 1,000 locations in 77 countries. It focuses on serving cost-conscious consumers and business travelers.

• Best-rate guarantee: Renters may book on one travel site, only to find the same terms on another site at a lower price. When booking on the Thrifty website, the absolute lowest price on all rentals is guaranteed.
  • Airline loyalty program: Thrifty Rental Car partners with airline rewards programs to offer miles or points for every rental.
  • First-time rental guide: The first-time rental guide on the Thrifty Car Rental website walks customers through how to make a reservation and what to expect.
  • Contact: Call or email Thrifty Rental Car during normal business hours for fast service, or use its urgent contact line in the event of an emergency.
  • Loyalty program: Blue Chip Rewards loyalty program comes with benefits like shorter lines, faster reservations, faster drop-off services and members-only discount offers.
  • Get more for less: Pay for a compact car rental and get something larger with the Wild Card rental. Any reservation with a Wild Card is guaranteed at least a compact car, but it may be upgraded at no additional charge.
  • Best for Vacationers, business travelers, temporary workers and those with cars in repairs.

Compare Rental Cars