4.6/5 (98 ratings)

About Global Work & Travel

Global Work & Travel is your ticket to see the world in a meaningful way. They offer Working Holidays, Au Pair opportunities, Volunteer trips and much much more. This range of trips allows their travellers to become more than just tourists and see the world in new and exciting ways. Global Work & Travel will help you find the ideal trip for you and will be there with unlimited support every step of the journey to ensure your experience is incredible.

Pros

• Large support network
  • Variety of options
  • Payment plans available

Cons

• Limited locations
  • Some trips can be pricey

Bottom Line

Global Work and Travel is an easy, safe way to travel the world while working or volunteering. It offers a variety of destinations and trip types and an extensive support network for travelers.

Global Work & Travel Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Work & Travel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Work & Travel?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

What a trip! I had a really amazing time Volunteering in a school to help teach English. I don't know if I would have gone to the Galapagos without this trip, though it was always a bucket list trip for me. There were a few hiccups, like there would be for any trip. But some things that made me a little uneasy before I went was that my travel coordinators kept changing and frequently. Though my last one, Jasmine, was ABSOLUTELY wonderful. (I mean they truly all were) I felt a little uneasy because of that. About 1-2 days before my trip, I didn't have the name or addresses of the people I was going to stay with. I asked and they were provided but maybe if they could just attach it to an email, that might be a little better.

Overall, the trip was amazing. Because I only volunteered between 7-1 I was able to do half-day excursions and explore the island without feeling rushed. I ended becoming really great friends with the English teacher I was assisting with. I was able to spend her birthday with her and her family. The people on the island are incredibly kind, the food is very delicious and the environment is absolutely incredible. A once and a lifetime opportunity that I am incredibly grateful for.

Hi Anna!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a detailed review of your experience with us!

It sounds like you had an absolutely incredible time in the Galapagos. It's great to hear that you were also able to explore the island without feeling rushed & made some great friends there too!

Thank you for the feedback as well about your coordinators changing, we have had some of our staff head off on their own travels so apologies if this made you feel uneasy! We have a really great internal system though so everything any one would need to know about your trip is available to us! We love hearing such positive things about Jasmine & we have passed this feedback on to her!

Thanks again for the travelling with Global Work & Travel!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

My Travel Concierge for my volunteer trip to Costa Rica was Lauren. Absolutely excellent customer service and she was so helpful with my millions of questions!

She got my flights and tickets all sorted for me, in such great time. Awesome company.

Hi Ashleigh,

We are delighted to receive such a positive review from you! It's so great to hear how great Lauren was with assisting you on your trip!

Thanks for choosing to travel with Global Work & Travel!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

Amazing and life-changing experience in Nepal. This program has not only been an incredible opportunity to do something meaningful by working at an orphanage but it also has allowed me to immerse myself in the wonderful Nepali culture. Also, throughout the duration of this program I have been able to weekend trips.

Original review: July 29, 2022

I can’t recommend Jennifer enough, she was constantly in contact with me via email and zoom the whole time trying to ensure my experience was exactly how I wanted it to be, was very considerate about what I did and didn’t want and kept me updated along the whole way. She was fabulous at orientation day with calming nerves and ensuring me that She would only be a call away whenever I needed! Jen is amaze!

Hi Taylah!

Wow - we are over the moon to read your review! We love receiving such positive feedback like this, especially about Jen! We will be sure to pass this feedback on to her! :)

We hope you have the best time on your Working Holiday!

Thanks from the whole team at Global Work & Travel!!

Original review: July 28, 2022

Jennifer was extremely helpful with the whole process. She was always happy to help with any issues I had and she even reached out to me multiple times to check in on me and make sure I was okay. There were some times that I was really struggling on this trip and she made things so much easier. I wouldn’t have coped without her assistance.

Hi Brad!

We are delighted to receive your 5 star review! It's great to hear that your Arrival Coordinator, Jennifer was so helpful and reached out to you a number of times on your trip! That is exactly what we are here for! If you ever need anything for the rest of your trip, we will always be here!

Thanks for travelling with Global Work & Travel! :)

Original review: July 28, 2022

I was a little cautious at first but as my departure approached my team (especially Kate) were amazing. They were able to get me and my friend a job that we had no prior experience in as well as in the exact location I had asked for. It is a bit pricey but they do their best to get what you asked for.

Hi Joseph!

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review! We are so happy to hear how amazing our team were, especially your Arrival Coordinator Kate! We hope you are having the best time in New Zealand :)

Original review: July 20, 2022

Thanks for the help of this wonderful human today. This was a smooth easy to understand experience. Props to the guy who served me. Very friendly and helpful. He needs a raise in pay. I will be using these services more often in the future because of this guy.

Original review: July 20, 2022

She was an amazing travel concierge. Very calm and patient person. It was a very nice experience working with her. I hope on the next trip I take I will also get some like her or even better her again.

Hi India,

We are so delighted to receive your 5 star review & hear how amazing Stacey has been as your Travel Concierge! :) have the best time on your trip, we can't wait to hear all about it!

Original review: July 12, 2022

The team has made it extremely easy to book the trip and take the stress away of making such a big move. Everyone was super helpful, and friendly. Piper, Jennifer and Ellen have been super helpful and responsive to my requests.

Hi Julia!

We are over them moon to receive such a positive review of your experience so far with our team! We love hearing how helpful everyone has been!

Thanks from Global Work & Travel!

Original review: July 12, 2022

Piper was punctual, and provided regular updates of information. She made the experience much easier for me. Hayden was also very helpful. I appreciated both of their efforts. Thank you for your help.

Hi Liam!

We are delighted to receive your 5 star review! It is so great to hear how helpful Piper & Hayden were in giving you updates & getting you ready for your trip!

Thanks from all of us at Global Work & Travel!

Original review: July 11, 2022

Vedrana and Jennifer were very helpful throughout the whole process! Both were very friendly and happy to provide any assistance I needed. I strongly recommend using Global Work and Travel for your Working Holiday. Would definitely use green for another WH or one of the many other trips they offer.

Hi Charlotte,

We are so happy to hear you have had such a positive experience on your Working Holiday! We will be sure to pass on the feedback to your Arrival Coordinators :)

Can't wait to assist you with your next trip, wherever that may be!

Original review: July 11, 2022

Ellen was so helpful especially as it was booked at the start of Covid so we even changed trips and dates more than once. Nothing was too much trouble and we had an amazing trip to Namibia where we volunteered with the community building a rock wall to protect their water and then out tracking the elephants.

Hi Briony,

Wow! Your pictures are incredible! What an amazing experience you have had! We are all very jealous! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review of your experience volunteering in Namibia, we love hearing feedback like this especially about our Trip Coordinator Ellen!

Thanks for travelling with Global Work & Travel :)

Original review: July 8, 2022

I have just returned home after an amazing 3week adventure in Ecuador on the Galápagos Island of San Cristobal! All of the people that I stayed with and worked with were so wonderful and welcoming! It was one of the best experiences of my life! Thank you to everyone here who helped prepare me for this amazing experience! Thank you to Ellyse for making sure every detail was perfect! And special thank you to the amazing host family who made me feel so welcome and at home!

Hi Christine,

We are over the moon to hear what an amazing time you had in Ecuador! Your pictures are stunning and we are so jealous!!

Thanks for the shout out to Ellyse, we will be sure to pass this feedback over to her and we are so glad she was able to make sure your trip was perfect!

Thanks for travelling with Global Work & Travel! :)

Original review: July 2, 2022

The trip has been amazing so far and the gworld team has been a great help. I would highly recommend to anybody who loves sport and loves travel. The memories I have gained from this experience thus far are unforgettable.

Hi James,

We are so happy to hear you are having such a great trip on our USA Summer Camp :) Don't forget to share us in any cool pics you take!

Thanks for travelling with Global Work & Travel!

Original review: June 30, 2022

Amazing! There was few hurdles but the team always helped and worked it out efficiently and effectively. Special mention to Eimear. She ALWAYS replied straight away and answered the crazy amount of questions with ease. The security is worth the money.

Hi Nadia!

Thanks for taking time to leave us a 5 star review :) we love hearing how great Eimear was :) We hope you have the best time on your trip!

Thank you from all of us at Global Work & Travel!

Original review: June 27, 2022

This company has helped me move and find work in Dublin Ireland. I am very happy that I decided to go with them. Their staff are very nice, and very helpful. Stacey was great at helping me figure out my flights, and getting my Visa in order. She was very helpful and patient with me as I figured everything out. Jennifer helped me find a great job right in the city center. She is very nice and great at answering all my questions. I would definitely recommend this company to a friend! It is nice to know that I have people to help me while abroad. Thank you!

Hi Kristin!

We are so delighted to hear how happy you are about travelling with us! :) We will be sure to pass this great feedback on to Stacey & Jennifer! It's so nice to hear how amazing they were at assisting you with your travels, & we love hearing that you would recommend us to your friends too!

Thanks for choosing to travel with Global Work & Travel!

Original review: June 24, 2022

I had booked and paid in full for a volunteer trip to Thailand. I had confirmed the time I would like to go three times during the 12 months coming up to my trip. But they never reserved my spot or confirmed my trip. Even though I have a welcome email that clearly states, quote: "in order for us to lock-in your Project Intake date with our Destination Office, so they can allocate accommodation and transfers for you, and be able to prepare for your stay in general, we will require the Trip Balance settled". I had done this. I paid the trip balance in full. Their gWorld app and my trip coordinator all said I was going in November. I even have a text message to my coordinator again confirming I wanted to be booked in for the November intake. But then I called them, 4 months before my trip just to confirm all the details and check everything was all okay.

Only to be told on a call that lasted no longer than 4 minutes, that I was no longer able to go on the trip I had had booked, scheduled and paid for, for well over a year. They said I could do another trip and that the trip was never confirmed. So paying in full does not confirm my trip, as indicated by their time and save me a spot. And confirming via text message does not confirm my trip. Very frustrating. The fact I could no longer go on the trip was never communicated with me until I called them. No emails, no phone calls. Nothing. Just a holiday I can no longer go on because they overbooked the intake.

Hi Jasmine,

We're so sorry to hear that you feel this way about your recent experience with us. We pride ourselves on providing a world-leading service for all of our travellers, so we truly get upset when we hear feedback like this.

We have looked into your trip and it looks like we were waiting on documents from yourself to get you booked in with our in country partner. We understand your Trip Coordinator is waiting to hear back from our in country partner & we have asked your Trip Coordinator to reach out to you to discuss this further.

Once again, we are saddened to receive this feedback and we do hope your opinion changes of us as we know you will have an incredible volunteer trip in Thailand.

Original review: June 24, 2022

I have had a great experience with Global Work and Travel over the past six or so months. As it is my first experience traveling overseas by myself, having my travel coordinator help me along the way made planning easy and helped me to feel supported throughout. Would definitely recommend global work and travel to a friend.

Hi Bethany,

We are delighted that you have had a great experience with our team on your Working Holiday trip to New Zealand! Our team will continue to be here if you need anything for the rest of your trip!

Enjoy your year in New Zealand!! :)

Original review: June 23, 2022

My trip coordinator, Nichola was absolutely brilliant in letting me know everything I needed before I left for my summer camp. She was very helpful in reminding me of deadlines. The only issue I had was with my travel concierge- I was given a flight time so I booked travel arrangements around that but they gave me the flight proposal 4 days after I was meant to get it so it was fully booked. So they gave me a different flight but I still lost money on trains/airport travel.

Hi Harry,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 4 star review of your experience! Great to hear how amazing Nichola was with your trip! We will pass this feedback on to her! We appreciate your feedback about your Travel Concierge & we will pass this on to our travel team as well.

Thanks again - we hope you had the best time on your Summer Camp in America!

Original review: June 22, 2022

So far I'm really happy with my trip to Australia. The team was always super prompt and helpful even after arrival. They made the process from visas to flights and such really easy. I would recommend using them especially if you intend on traveling solo.

Hi Sean!

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review of your experience! So great to hear that you have had a great time so far on your trip to Australia! :) also love hearing you would recommend us around too!

Thanks from the whole team at Global Work & Travel!

Original review: June 21, 2022

I've booked with Global before and have plans to do so again. Ellyse has been wonderful as has all the people who helped me plan my trip. They really take care of everything for you and make sure to check in with you throughout the process to make sure you have everything in order for your trip to go smoothly. I regularly recommend Global Work & Travel to anyone and everyone who asks how I travel and do such unique experiences. If you want a stress free once in a lifetime experience, this is the place to get it!

Hi Heidi,

Thank you so much for leaving us such a positive review! We are delighted to hear that you have had such a great experience with our team, especially Ellyse! Thank you for recommended us to others as well!

We will continue to assist you on your travels :)

Thanks from all of us at Global Work & Travel!

Original review: June 19, 2022

Nichola and Kieran were very helpful with booking and organising my trip, they took care of everything for me and made sure my travel and accommodation was sorted. It was very easy to contact them and they contacting me frequently to make sure everything was okay and answer any questions I had. When I got to South Africa I had the best time and my experience with Global Work and Travel and the experience I had in South Africa was amazing.

Hi Ben,

We are so happy to hear you had such a great time on your Volunteer Trip in South Africa! We love that Nichola & Kieran were both so helpful in organising your trip & took care of everything for you! We hope to have you travel with us again in the future!

Thanks for travelling with Global Work & Travel!

Original review: June 16, 2022

Piper has been my travel concierge and has helped me greatly through the process of getting me over to the UK! Any questions I had were answered + more. I would highly recommend GWT to any of my friends / family if they were first time travelers like myself. Only somewhat negative comment I have would be the change of departure dates because my flights were booked pretty late, but I don't know if that's from the company's end or COVID affecting the amount of flights, so I'm very understanding. I can't thank GWT enough for everything!

Hi Juanita,

We are so delighted to receive such a positive review of your experience! We love hearing how great our team have been, especially Piper! Thanks for recommending us to others as well!

We will continue to be here every step of the way for you!

Thanks from the whole team at Global Work & Travel!

Original review: June 11, 2022

Kim has been Phenomenal. She has been so helpful, and has made the move super easy. 10/10 will recommend to anyone wanting to make the move. Kim has helped us get all that is needed in order to live in Australia. Couldn’t have done it without her.

Hi Darci!

We are over the moon to receive such a positive review about your Arrival Coordinator Darci! We love hearing how helpful she has been and that she's made the whole move super easy! We will of course pass this feedback on to her :)

Enjoy your time in Australia - we can't wait to see some photos of your travels!

Thanks for travelling with Global Work & Travel!

Original review: June 9, 2022

Piper has been the most amazing person helping me with everything during the process for my working holiday to the UK. She has made sure that I have had all the help and information I have needed during the process.

Hi Stefanie,

We are delighted to receive your review and great feedback about Piper! We can't wait to hear all your amazing stories from your Working Holiday in the UK!

Original review: June 7, 2022

My experience has been great! Kim is very welcoming and she provided me with everything I need to settle smoothly in Australia. I can always rely on her to access any resources I need! I would recommend this experience to others. Thank you Kim!

Hi Kaisin!

We are delighted to hear how happy you are and a huge thank you for taking the time to write such a positive 5 star review of your experience. We will pass this fantastic feedback on to Kim and we are so glad to hear that she has been able to assist you with everything you needed to settle into your new lifestyle here in Australia!

You are going to have the best Working Holiday! Don't forget to tag us in your pics on Instagram! :)

Thank you from the whole team at Global Work & Travel!

Original review: June 7, 2022

Kim was my arrival coordinator and she made things so easy and made me feel at ease about my arrival to Australia! I would recommend Global Work and Travel to a friend, they found a job for me and they’ve been a huge help with any questions or worries I had!

Hi Aoife!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review of your experience! We love hearing such positive feedback about our team, especially Kim! We are so happy to hear that she made you feel at ease for your trip to Australia!

Enjoy the sunshine & we can't wait to hear how the rest of your trip goes!

Thank you for travelling with Global Work & Travel!

Original review: June 3, 2022

I had orientation with Krystal on June 1 upon my arrival in the UK and it was overall really helpful! I enjoyed getting to meet other travellers in the same situation and it was reassuring to know that someone is there to help guide us along!

Hi Janelle,

Thanks for the review! We are so glad to hear that Krystal was able to assist you with your orientation and get you all set up in the UK for your Working Holiday! :)

Enjoy your time in the UK!!

Original review: June 2, 2022

My travel concierge made this experience so stress free and exciting. Always happy to answer questions even when they seemed to be so obvious. I haven't even left for my first trip yet but I am already looking forward to my next.

Global Work & Travel response

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review Lex! :)

We are delighted to hear that your Travel Concierge made the whole experience stress free & exciting for you! We will be here every step of the way if you have any questions at all!

Thanks for travelling with Global Work & Travel!

Original review: June 1, 2022

Piper has been nothing but amazing. She is super responsive to all of my many emails and extremely helpful to answer all of my questions especially at a time like this where flying is a little more stressful with all the covid19 requirements. Even though her part was done arranging my flights she's left herself open should I need. Definitely been a great experience!

Hi Chrystal,

We are over the moon to hear how amazing Piper has been as your Travel Concierge! We will of course pass this great feedback on to her!

Thanks for leaving us a 5 star review! :)

Global Work & Travel Company Information