4.33/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

The Global Work & Travel Co.

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

The Global Work & Travel Co. is one of the world's leading youth travel brands offering over 100 meaningful travel experiences to all corners of the planet.

Headquartered in Australia, and with offices in Canada and the UK, we make travel easy so you can see the world in a meaningful way. Visit our website today to get your trip of a lifetime started!

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 11, 2017

1124 The Global Work & Travel Co. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I strongly recommend NOT going with this company. It's a huge scam and it's not worth your money. They lie to you and will tell you things like "you're running out of time" to sign up when actually, there's people constantly signing up and there's no deadline. They do this so you don't have time to look at the reviews and see how actually horrible it is. I've talked to several people from Global and noticed they don't actually give you the job you want or they want to give you a job that's completely out of the way and you end up wasting money on travelling. With the amount of money it costs they should be able to find you a decent paying job in a location that you request. However I could have saved so much money by figuring everything out by myself. They also should have been able to pay for more than 4 nights accommodation. You're better off finding a job by yourself. With the exception of a few things to assist you on, they are really no help at all.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Before arriving it was great having Kaitlin close by to contact and email. Now being here it is great having the reassurance of the company to help me with anything and everything. Also I have already met so many people and it's only day two.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Global Work & Travel co have been very helpful. It all started with a inquiry online and a phone call. From the start they have given a lot of information and have been within communication reach throughout. Coming from the states rather than England they have been very accommodating. Everything ran smoothly on arrival. They are quick, reliable and very helpful.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Global has been incredibly helpful every step of the way. I have been working along side Hannah ** and she has been amazing with finding work and travel for me. Can't thank her enough. Highly recommend this company.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Everything has gone really well with the booking experience, and is great now we are here. The trip coordinator has always checked that we understand everything and has always been very helpful, and has given us lots of information in the orientation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Global Work & Travel Co.?

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Very happy and feeling well looked after. Things I was not too sure about have been cleared up and like I said I feel very well looked after and it's taken a lot of the stress of travelling away.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

Olivia has been a huge help to me, shes made my experience with Global Work And Travel Review stress free, every question I've had shes been quick to reply.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

The experience has been great so far. Kaitlin has been very easy to deal with and get information to and from. The job search has been a little hard for because I have an interview at a job I do not want.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

So far it's been great, I was nervous at first but after 2 days I've come to enjoy it more and more. The global team have been a great help.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Positive Experience. All members of staff have been very helpful and friendly. The process overall has been very smooth and easy. No complaints.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

The experience so far has been really good, it is reassuring to have the support from the company when you are unsure. The company also provide discounts and free vouchers to parks which encourages you to also see new places.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Working Holiday to Canada - I have only been in Vancouver for 2 days and 2 nights and so far it's really nice. I have been staying at the HI downtown and it's a great way to meet people especially if you are traveling by yourself. I had my orientation with Global and it was a really good information session where I found out all the important info I needed to get started for my work in Banff and sorting out a bank account and SIN number for tax.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Everything has been perfect and well explained, even if it's a stupid question. All very professional.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I have been very happy with the level of service that global travel has provided for me. They have taken care of me from the day I landed in Brisbane. I would like to thank Olivia my travel agent for being the best ever :) and everyone else behind the scenes... thanks again!!

Original review: July 17, 2017

Totally awesome. No matter how silly the question might be, they are always there for you with an answer. Always ready with great advice and suggestions for things to do. Even helped me out to get a dentist when I arrived. Would recommend 150% to anyone.

Original review: July 17, 2017

Global Work and Travel Co has been super helpful and really great! I highly recommend going through this travel company if you are planning on travelling. They are super nice, and explain everything to you in detail. Great experience!

Original review: July 13, 2017

I wish I had of seen the real reviews before I signed up, I would never recommend this company to anyone. I joined and paid a lot of money last year to go to the UK and be an au pair. I left in October and worked for a beautiful family for 7 weeks. Whilst they were a lovely family there was a lot of problems which previous au pairs have complained about which The Global Work and Travel Co. "conveniently" left out. After I left the family early December of my own accord to stay with a friend in Wales for 2 weeks to look after her children, I never heard from this company again, which was very disappointing.

I ended up getting a job in London in a pub to make enough money quickly to come home after getting extremely sick and ending up in hospital. I'm really disappointed in the fact that since the beginning of December I have not heard from them once even during the three terrorist attacks, it shows this company is clearly about money only which is very sad. I have reviewed them numerous times on their Facebook but the comments always get deleted.

Original review: July 13, 2017

My experience with Global Work and Travel has been great so far. I had initially signed up for the working holiday in Canada but due to visa issues I was given the chance to switch to the Australian one. All the staff were really helpful and switched me without any fuss or trouble. I would definitely recommend Global Work and Travel to anyone, it gives you such a great opportunity to see and work in different parts of the world.

Original review: June 29, 2017

A great team of people that assist you to get all travel adventures sorted. Everything is well organised and contact with the friendly staff throughout the process was great. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Global Work and Travel. As with all the time and organizing to prepare a trip, they made it seem easy and effortless.

Original review: June 29, 2017

Global Work & Travel Co. have taken all the stress out of organizing this trip.They were always more than happy to help with big and little questions and I would recommend them to anyone as they have local knowledge and experience that you can't get yourself.

Original review: June 28, 2017

So since my initial decision to go work and travel Australia, Global have been amazing and so helpful. Obviously there is a time difference and therefore a delay with a response but always have responded to any query and questions that I have had. So lucky to have such a great trip coordinator that has had my best interests. Can't be thankful enough for the time being, can only look forward to what's to come.

Original review: June 9, 2017

Put a down payment on a trip a while ago, now because of school I can no longer go. This company refuses to give me my money back, it looks like now I'm out of $600 and they couldn't possibly care less about my situation. They expect me to find someone to cover my trip, because apparently they're too busy scamming people to do so themselves. It's a shame company like this still exist. No customer service whatsoever. This company is a scam, please dont waste your hard earned money here. I intend to file a complaint with the BBB regarding this company's practices.

Original review: June 8, 2017

From the moment I phoned up to book the trip to the second I arrived every aspect of my trip was arranged and sorted through Global, they give you all the information that you need and provide professional and clear instruction on every aspect of the trip from applying for the visa to the little things like how to get to my first job opportunity. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

Original review: May 31, 2017

Upon arrival in the U.K the support was amazing. Orientation was really in-depth and extremely helpful. Everything was explained such as how to activate your phone number, set up your bank account and how to get around on the public transport. A lot of questions were answered and questions were encouraged. Felt really secure and safe and extremely supported.

Original review: May 11, 2017

Using Global Travel was a great experience and perfect way to travel for people who are first time travelers, like myself. They helped me out to the fullest extent and the transfer from home to Canada has been a breeze. Everything is organised and prepared as soon as you step off the plane! Global travel has been an incredible experience and would seriously recommend to anyone wanting to travel.

Original review: May 5, 2017

Kirsty is so helpful! Everything that we need to get set up here is given to us in the orientation. Everyone is so helpful and knows exactly what you need as a working traveler here in the UK. Kate is also really amazing and really knows her stuff. Would highly recommend Global!

Original review: May 4, 2017

Global Work and Travel has tremendously helped me with my move to Australia! They are all very friendly and professional, answering all and any questions. This being my first solo trip, they really helped me get comfortable in Australia. They have set me up with a phone, bank account, job opportunities, and accommodations. Highly recommend for young travelers seeking help on their first journey!

Original review: May 3, 2017

My experience with Global was great. At first I had a few different Travel Coordinators and seemed a bit confusing but after a month or two I had Alex who was really helpful. Would recommend this to anyone wanting to travel.

Original review: May 3, 2017

The staff who have arranged my trip with this company have all been fantastic, very helpful and approachable. I'm very grateful for their hard work and getting me on my way to a great year in Australia! I would highly recommend to anyone message them if they ever wanted to do a working holiday. I feel safe and know I can get any help I need. :)

Original review: May 2, 2017

Global Work and Travel Co have made traveling so much easier. Alex is my co-coordinator and I cant thank her enough for all of her help. Alex has always been quick to respond to emails and has given me all the information I've needed along the way. I would definitely recommend Global to anyone traveling.

The Global Work & Travel Co. Company Information

The Global Work & Travel Co.
    2008