2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.54/5

Headquartered in sunny Surfers Paradise, Australia and with offices in Canada and the UK, we've grown to offer a plethora of world-leading meaningful travel experiences to over 30 countries in the world and counting! There's literally an experience to choose from for everyone, and with 100 staff globally and a 24/7 support line, you can count on us to be there.

Visit globalworkandtravel.com to find out more!

Global Work & Travel Video
View More View More

Global Work & Travel Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

Overall I’m very happy with the experience I had with the Global Work and Travel co. My travel coordinator Mikayla, did a great job of supporting me and helping me find work before my arrival. She kept in touch regularly and checked up on how my interviews went and also followed up with the company I wanted to work at when I couldn’t get in touch with them.

The only thing I found a bit difficult and would have liked to have been different was when I arrived in Vancouver. The itinerary that had been booked for me was 3 different flights which was really exhausting. I also had a lot of time between my arrival and starting work as I was told I needed to be there for the orientation on the 16th December even though I did not start work till the 6th January. The orientation although helpful only really gave me a background to Vancouver culture. The hostel I stayed at was not social at all and there were no other people from global staying there. This was the only thing I would improve as I was by myself and had a lot of time in the city alone.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I don't have a single bad word to say about my experience with the Global Work and Travel Co thus far. From start to finish everyone has been so friendly, helpful and informative. I'd specifically like to give a shoutout to Dylan who is my Travel Concierge. From the beginning he has been responsive and informative and has been very helpful when it came down to me selecting travel insurance and my flights. I am very indecisive and panic about committing to things (especially when they are as important and expensive as these!) and there have been some circumstances where for example, I myself found cheaper flights that did not come with the support I would get by purchasing through Global.

I was naturally hesitant however Dylan explained to me the pros and cons for each side of the argument and put my mind at ease regarding any flight delays (fingers crossed they don't happen!) transfers etc which are all things we don't want to be worrying about on our travels. I've not once felt pressured to automatically select the options Dylan has suggested to me and when it came to travel insurance for example I picked my own, yet with the flights I purchased through Global for the peace of mind more than anything.

Overall I am very happy with my experience and hope it continues to be this great up until I fly to Brisbane next February. There is always a friendly voice down the phone to answer any questions no matter how silly they may seem, I know for a fact I have probably been one annoying customer at times haha but I have always ended my communications satisfied. I would 100% recommend the Global Work and Travel Co to anyone who is wanting to travel but is a bit scared to do so as the support is incredible.

Hi Melissa,

We’re blown away with your review and we really appreciate you taking the time to share your 5/5 star experience with us in great detail. Thank you so much!

We’re thrilled our team, especially your Travel Concierge Dylan, was able to put your mind at ease and calm your (completely normal) travel nerves! Our team knows how important it is to feel comfortable when making your travel decisions and we’re glad Dylan was able to help you tailor your travel to suit your needs.

We’re so happy to hear you have been satisfied with the support and guidance our team has provided you with, and we also love hearing that you’d recommend us around to anyone wanting to travel!

Enjoy your trip to Australia with Global Work & Travel.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I have read many bad reviews about Global Work & Travel (GWAT) but here is my personal experience...real talk. They have been absolutely wonderful so far. My move to Canada isn't until October/November 2020 (I will be moving for 2 years) and they have already been extremely attentive. My trip and arrival coordinator's are so lovely and I have been able to have a Skype call with my arrival coordinator to discuss where I would like to be located and what job roles interest me.

I do note that when I first inquired with GWAT they were quite pushy about me putting down a deposit but you do need to understand that this is their job and they have hundreds of calls a day to attend to and will prioritise those who put down their deposits. They don't want to be messed around when there are other customers who are ready and interested. I think I ended up paying a total of $1800 to GWAT. This seems like a lot of money to be forking out but if you sit down and think about how much you are getting covered for, it is an amazing price that I would pay again in a heartbeat. What GWAT has done for me:

- assisting me with my visa process;
    - helping me set up my bank account upon arrival in Canada;
    - helping me set up my SIN Number upon arrival in Canada;
    - 24/7 support when I am over in Canada;
    - helping me find a job before I move;
    - helping me with accommodation before I move;
    - 2 day orientation upon arrival in Canada;
    - 2 free nights accommodation at a hostel upon arrival in Canada;
    - season ski pass (depending on job);
    - $60 voucher for sim card upon arrival in Canada; and
    - When I paid for my trip in full GWAT were doing a deal if I paid in full there and then I would get two free nights accommodation anywhere in America (3 star)

covered by them.

These are most of the things covered with the initial $1800 I paid (not including everything) and as you can see already it is well worth your money. Not only do I feel safer going through this company but I know that if I am ever stuck I will always have the 24/7 support. Another benefit is that if I ever want to move location or change jobs (within reason) GWAT will help assist me and I won't need to worry about organizing it by myself.

The only thing I would have to be negative about with GWAT is the price of travel insurance through them, it is very expensive. I have been quoted $7,376.82 for my 2 years over in Canada. This to me seems very extreme as I do travel a lot myself and know a lot about travel insurance. In saying that, you can understand that it will be reliable as it covers you for absolutely everything with no excess (including snow-sports). I have looked into travel insurance myself and it looks like it will cost me around $2,500 with $300 excess for my 2 years in Canada. I hope this information is helpful and if anyone has any questions feel free to ask me. I promise you GWAT is worth it and is not a scam.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

From the beginning of my trip to now which is a month until I depart (I'm so excited), there has been one person who has helped me with everything I needed along the way and I can't thank her enough. That person is Kerrie (she has been my trip coordinator supplied by GWAT), she has been my go to person for any questions, uncertainties and reassurance that I needed. She has simply been so caring and genuine. As she is an experienced world traveller she understands and can relate to how her clients are feeling before their trip. And provide them with good advice. If she ever reads this I would just like to thank you once more and wish you the best of luck in Australia. :)

Hi Lloyd,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such incredible feedback!

Wow! We are so glad to hear your Trip Coordinator Kerrie has been so helpful and has answered any questions you've had. We pride ourselves on providing a friendly and helpful service to all of our customers, so we're thrilled that Kerrie has been so caring and genuine throughout your travel process.

Thanks for travelling with The Global Work & Travel Co. and we hope you enjoy your trip overeas.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I began this experience last year and have found for the most part Global Work and Travel to be a brilliant company with especially exceptional staff. I worked with Chloe who couldn't do enough for me, despite a barrage of questions! I had to change my leaving date due to a family wedding which was an easy process. I also found the information accessible and clear which was most appreciated when dealing with the immigration process, tax etc.

My only issue with the process is with a lack of options in job choices. It is highly recommended you accept the first job that you are given and for myself I found the lack of option slightly jarring. I also found waiting so long to know where in Australia I was going to be quite a stressful experience. This is a personal preference but I think I would have liked to have had slightly more control over where and when I get a job. Overall I would highly recommend this company, especially if you are a young or inexperienced traveler. As a more seasoned traveller I found the lack of control over direction was quite tricky, there is however no obligation to go with your first job and you are also able to get your own! Thanks again for all the help!

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such pleasant feedback!

We are so glad your Work & Travel Expert Chloe was so helpful and answered all your questions for you. We do try our best to find jobs for our Global Travellers and we're glad to hear that your experience was brilliant overall.

We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

Thanks for travelling with The Global Work & Travel Co.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Work & Travel?

Original review: March 30, 2020

My partner and I just recently returned from our trip to Thailand to volunteer with elephants and were shocked and disappointed with the experience we had with Global Work and Travel Co. If you're considering the elephant park experience in Thailand, it is an amazing organization and program but I suggest you book directly with Elephant Nature Park at ** as this is the company you will work for and the cost is significantly less to book directly with them. They are more organized and you will receive more information if you book directly.

We were badgered into booking and not told of the actual company we were volunteering with until after we paid. After we had booked we received little information, switched co-ordinators 3 times and they were not able to help us at all. They said they could organize travel insurance but the company they recommended didn't even cover working with elephants! When we informed them they said they were unaware of this and that we would have to find our own insurance as they could not insure us with any other company. Terrifying to think we could have just taken their word and booked it and been uninsured for the work we were doing.

After we arrived in Thailand we discovered they hadn't organize our airport pick up OR the hotel on the first night as we were promised and we still have not received our refund for the hotel a full month after we spent the money. We paid more than double what everyone else had paid for the same experience as other volunteers. The additional cost was supposed to go to airport shuttles, two hotel nights, assistance with insurance and flight bookings. We paid our own taxi and were not refunded, to date only one of the two nights in the hotel has been paid for by GWT Co. and we had to organize our own insurance. This company is so disorganized and useless. Save money and time and book yourself!!!!

Original review: March 16, 2020

I engaged with Global Work & Travel Co for a working holiday - there was a $695 deposit to be paid initially with the total payment due being $1895. I was told that the remainder could be paid prior to getting work confirmed & accommodation booked overseas. I was assigned an organiser in terms of facilitating the working holiday. Without having booked flights or organising the holiday, I realised that I needed to postpone my intended trip & advised them of this.

During my dealings with my organiser they constantly insisted, following the payment of my deposit, that I set up a direct debit to continue to pay installations of whatever I could afford ($50, $100, $150 etc.) until the $1,895 was fully paid & that I would then have the service paid for whenever I was ready to continue with the working holiday. What they didn't tell me was that, should you wish to cancel the service, of course the deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE, but that you are ONLY entitled to get 50% of anything else that you have paid. So out of almost $2000 paid (which was encouraged by the organiser), I was only entitled to receive $650 refund.

Bear in mind, that at this stage they had YET to actually do ANYTHING on my file because I was so unsure of when I could actually commit to the trip. The flights weren't booked, the working holiday was not organised, nothing was done. When I queried this with them, they said there were '28 activities' involved but refused to tell me what those 28 activities consisted of. It's unfortunate that I was so short-sighted in choosing Global Work & Travel Co. for this service.

Hello Caroline,

We appreciate you taking the time to voice your feedback and opinion. Genuine feedback helps us improve our services and future experiences for all customers.

It is very unfortunate that you had this experience with our company and consequently feel negatively about us. When you made your booking, there is a lot of things that happen behind the scenes, even if you didn't see anything tangible come out the other end. We make sure that we hire the best people to ensure our operations run smoothly, and those people don't work for free (as I'm sure you wouldn't either).

We need to charge cancellation fees as when a booking is made, a lot of expenses have been and can further be triggered behind the scenes to create, hold and service that booking both internally with us and through partners who may provide certain aspects of the trip that we may be required to contractually pre-commit to on a customer's behalf, even though they may not have travelled yet. As a service-based business, we cannot simply restock our store shelves like businesses that provide physical products can, like retail. As a service-based business, our primary cost to provide our trips is human time.

During your cancellation process (and on your original sales call), you were made aware of our Lifetime Deposit Guarantee. Had you have taken us up on this opportunity, you could have placed your trip on hold until you were ready to go, transferred it to any of our other trips, or transferred your trip payment to someone else who is ready to travel. If you were to change your mind, or have personal extenuating circumstances affect your trip with the majority of other services in the travel industry you would not receive this as an option.

Again, we are saddened your experience did not meet your expectations, if you would like to discuss this matter further please don't hesitate to get in touch with feedback@globalworkandtravel.com

Original review: March 16, 2020

My experience has been really good so far, Global Work and Travel they have been amazing with me, very helpful. I did all my paperwork thanks to them including my visa, my bank account, insurance, flights, new mobile number, etc. The team Dylan and Shelby are so great. I can't thank them enuogh. I'm very grateful and I fully recommend it.

Hey JJ,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a great review! We'll be sure to pass on the feedback to Dylan and Shelby.

If there's anything we can do to make this a 5-star experience for you, please let us know via feedback@globalworkandtravel.com

Original review: March 16, 2020

Amazing service, very helpful with everything. Great that they offer unlimited jobs so you always know that you will never be out of work but still enjoy your time in Aus. Very friendly staff, always there to help with your needs. Defo recommend.

Hey Nicole,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice review! We're glad you're enjoying your time in Australia so far! If there's anything we can do to make this a 5-star experience for you, please let us know at feedback@globalworkandtravel.com

Original review: March 16, 2020

My experience with Global Work & Travel has been great. They have been very supportive of any questions I have had and all information has been very clear throughout. And now I have arrived the information and help adapting to our surroundings has been perfect. Felt confident that I am being looked after and not just left alone.

Hello Cole,

We are thrilled you're having a great experience with Global Work & Travel so far! We hope that you have an absolutely amazing time in Australia and we'll be here every step of the way!

Global Work & Travel expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The Global Work & Travel Co. is an Australia-based youth travel organization that specializes in travel for people ages 18 to 30. With offices in the United Kingdom and Canada and over 1,200 travel partner organizations, you will get help with planning and logistics at every step of your journey.

• Experiences: Global arranges working holidays, adventures, volunteer assignments, internships and paid teaching and au pair appointments.

• Working destinations: Depending on the type of experience you want to have, you can work in Australia, Canada, the United States or the UK; you can also au pair in these countries plus New Zealand or Europe. If you’d rather intern, choose from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Italy, Spain, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand or Hong Kong.

• Volunteer destinations: You can volunteer in Africa, Asia, Central America, Europe, South America or the South Pacific or you can teach in Thailand, Peru, South Korea, Vietnam or Myanmar.

• Deposit guarantee: Global knows things sometimes come up in life that might make it hard for you to leave on a trip you’ve been planning. If you’ve paid your deposit, Global will hold it for you as long as it takes until you can go on your trip, and will even let you transfer the deposit to a different type of trip.

• Resources to help you choose: Global is an expert at youth travel, and wants to work with you to be sure you get the most out of your experience. Check out the location guides on their website or call a dedicated Work & Travel Expert to get started.

• Best for: people ages 18 to 30 who want to travel internationally.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team