The Global Work & Travel Co.

The Global Work & Travel Co. is one of the world's leading youth travel brands offering over 100 meaningful travel experiences to all corners of the planet.

Headquartered in Australia, and with offices in Canada and the UK, we make travel easy so you can see the world in a meaningful way. Visit our website today to get your trip of a lifetime started!

Compare Travel Agencies

Research top Travel Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

This experience made us feel a lot comfortable with traveling, especially as this is our first time traveling to Canada. Fast responses throughout the few months were great, we found all our questions got answered quickly and we were very satisfied with the answers. Overall we were very satisfied with our experience through The Global Work and Travel Co., the communication was awesome and they made getting a job, accommodation and overall traveling extremely easy and stress free.

Jen from Global Work & Travel Co. has been my trip coordinator for around 12 months now and has been so helpful and very professional. I have enjoyed my experience with Global Work & Travel Co. because they have made my first overseas trip so much easier and the fact that they are still there for me during my whole trip is very relaxing.

Super easy, easy to keep in contact with Alex, if anything come up with sorting out the visa she was always there. Made everything less stressful which was great when working full-time and having a busy schedule. The job Alex organized sounded like the perfect fit for me too. Thanks for a help. :)

I would actually give 2 and a half because I am not dissatisfied though nor am I satisfied. For the price I paid to be a part of this, I don't feel that the help supplied is worth the trip, also with the extensive contract and rules in place that keep customers from being able to back out after paying and not being able to get their money back. Although aside from that, I am here... I wouldn't have made it here without Global. I will mention this company to others, but I will not openly recommend it.

The Global Work & Travel Co. are extremely helpful and welcoming the moment you start working with them. Upon arrival they make you feel extremely welcomed and safe. They are very organised and ensure that you are completely organised before you leave their office. I would highly recommend working with The Global Work & Travel Co. simply because of how organised and welcoming the company is. 10/10 for these guys! Special thanks to Jen from the Vancouver office for making me feel at home!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Global Work & Travel Co.?

My experience with Global was amazing. They helped me a lot with everything I needed and understood my priorities and requirements. Alex my coordinator in the Canadian office was extremely helpful and made everything soo much easier. She calmed my nerves and made sure I was comfortable the entire way from the first phone call till I landed in Vancouver and I'm sure she will continue helping me further. Alex became a friend and it was nice to have a friend in Canada looking out for you.

I have had a wonderful experience with all the staff I have spoken to through Global Work & Co. Always very helpful, informative & friendly. Kirsty & Katy have been great help not only with organising my travels, work & living arrangements but also upon arrival. I would recommend using Global to anyone that is looking to move overseas.

Orientation was exactly what I needed. Made me feel more at ease with finding my way around London and excited about exploring the UK and Europe. Have heaps of support and feel very secure. Really happy with the service and staff are friendly and kind.

From the moment I signed up, The Global group were absolutely amazing. Helpful with any questions, any thoughts I had. They've helped me find the perfect job for me, in the career I want. So helpful about traveling, which let's be honest is why I'm over here. So many helpful hints, and so easy to do everything I needed, banks, tax information. They're absolutely amazing. They helped from the moment I signed up to getting me safely to my hostel when I landed. A long eight month process merely because of waiting and excitement to come. Only ever an email or phone call away. Thank you so much!

So far my experience has been nothing but hectic and headaches. Traveling to Brisbane, Australia, I thought, was going to be nothing but easy riding. However, between missing flights and having cancellations I've been running ragged and it's been a massive headache. That being said, I think Global Work and Travel Company has been a real help with everything and helping keep my peace of mind. They've got me somewhere to stay right off the plane and a job opportunity just a day after I landed. So overall I'm really grateful for their hard work.

I have had an amazing experience with Global. The team have been so helpful and knowledgeable explaining how to get around London and finding me work. They have kept in contact with me the whole time and kept me updated on work opportunities.

Arriving with this company was so helpful. Very informative and helpful. Friendly. Welcoming. I would recommend to any traveler who is a little unsure about coming to Australia alone because they put you at ease.

Trip to the UK - My experience was excellent. The orientation was very thorough and also very helpful with lots of little local tips and tricks given to help with public transport. Handy tours were also provided to help see all the sights tourists want to see.

Landing in London -- I loved knowing when I come here that I get help with absolutely everything and knowing that I won't get stuck or in trouble, or have a problem with everything. The staff will help even if you need direction.

My experience with Global Work and Travel Co has been very positive. The staff are helpful and friendly and answer any queries you have promptly. It has made the move so much easier knowing you are walking into a job when you arrive and you have people with a wealth of knowledge about the U.K to assist you.

I have arrived in the UK and am beginning to experience all the little quirks and perks of a true Londoner. This is definitely the beginning of a very fast paced lifestyle. Global has been very helpful and it is so comforting knowing I have this support here in the UK. Global are beginning to be a family away from home and are able to help with all amazing offers from work, accommodation to planning a European holiday. I know my time within the UK is going to amazing and I am excited to see what the future is going to hold as a part of the Global team. #GlobalWorkandTravel

My experience so far has been absolutely wonderful so far! I've only been in for a day, but the time I've spent has been effortless. Global has made my transition into Australia everything I hoped for and more.

The long story is underneath but the short version is this company is horrible awful. They ripped me off stole a bunch of my money and did not help me at all. I've now been on my working holiday for nine months with zero help from them. No job I've had or apartment I've stayed in has been provided by them. Just don't do it, man.

I was just going to let my experience be my experience as a lesson learned the hard way but I could not believe this company has a near five star rating so here it is. I decided to go to Australia around December 2015 as a US citizen. I was planning on leaving in June. I decided to book through Global Work & Travel as my parents didn't think I should plan the whole thing alone. They told me I needed to pay $500 up front to reserve my "spot" for June. I sped to get the money together as quickly as possible but that should have been my first red flag.

Two months after I paid to "reserve my spot" another friend was told by the company that there was no limit to how many people could leave a month. I then worked sixty hour weeks at two jobs saving up for my big move. GWT doesn't actually do anything for you aside from send you links. They sent me the webpage to get my visa, which I then paid for and applied for. They offered me a plane ticket that was three hundred dollars more than one I found on my own. They did successfully get me a tax file number but that is a simple website that I could've done on my own.

When I arrived in Brisbane I was picked up at the airport by a GWT representative. On the drive to my hostel she informed me that she sees people getting ripped off frequently by this company and that I should be weary of the promises made. True enough, the next day I met with GWT and while on the phone they had been promising me a job in Surfers Paradise, the only job they had for me was an eight hour drive into the outback for three hundred dollars a week.

When I turned this down they offered me a job in southern Australia on a ski resort. I insisted that I wanted a job in Surfers as that was what I paid for and they responded by saying if I turned down these jobs they would "help" me no further. At this point I had paid them $1300 in fees. I turned down the jobs and they stopped paying for my hostel and kept all of my money. After that I moved to a new city, found a job and a place to live on my own and continued my travels. This company is awful and nearly ruined a trip I had been dreaming of my entire life. Don't do it.

Alex was faultless with the help she gave me. Quick to reply to messages and emails and was always happy to assist with any of my needs. She was very knowledgeable and informative while being relatable at the same time.

I couldn't get a refund after I found out I couldn't do my trip. This was TWO DAYS after I booked, and I only paid the deposit. Why couldn't they just refund my money. This is abysmal. $700 of my money is now floating around in uncertainty because I definitely don't want to do anything with this company. If you cancel you lose it. If you got through with it you have to pay and additional $1300 and then everything else. You basically pay $2000 to these "people" and they do nothing to deserve it.

What a wonderful adventure so far; and I owe it all to The Global Work & Travel Co. With the constant assistance and guidance, I truly had no difficulties in my travels. As a plus, included airport transfer, 5 nights accommodation, and orientation prior to employment, I am more than confident to be where am I. I also have the confidence to not only travel to my new employment but also to explore the UK, and Europe. I am very thankful for all the positive staff; from the recruiting process, to the travel concierge, to the lovely working holiday staffing.

I am an Aussie working and traveling in Canada. The way Global works, is that you pay over $1000 upfront, just for their "services". After that, you're required to book EVERYTHING through them, like insurance, visa and flights, all of which is not included in the initial price. If you choose not to book your flights and insurance through Global they do not have to "help" find you a job or place to stay. I worked for an airline for 4 years and was more than happy to book my flights myself as I am very experienced in the industry. However I chose to allow Global to book my flights so that they would help me find a job. The flights were unnecessarily expensive and I could have booked much cheaper flights myself with the same amount of luggage and travel insurance.

In the fine print it explains that they only have to find you one job opportunity, if you do not accept the job, or if you take the offer and interview with the company but are unsuccessful, Global are not required to assist you with another job opportunity. They "help" you find a place to live by sending you a link to Craigslist. When I got to Canada and started working I still did not have a place to live and was living in a hostel until I eventually secured a place to live. This is not uncommon. The hostel I was staying at was full of other Aussies who went through Global who also did not have a place to live, and many of them did not even have a job. I would not recommend Global to anyone! I wish I never went through them. I spent almost $5000 AUD before I even got to Canada. All I can say is always READ THE FINE PRINT! Global Work and Travel Co. are a joke, thanks for nothing!

Global have been fantastic with me. I had a few problems before arriving and Olivia stayed in touch with me throughout the whole time and arriving. Olivia has supported us in finding jobs and helping with directions and setting up everything. I couldn't recommend any other company more. Global have been fantastic.

I booked through Global in August and they have been absolutely fantastic with me. So helpful and supportive throughout. Had a horrendous experience travelling from England to Australia first time round due to fraud of a passport in early December. Global were so helpful and concerned of the horrendous time we had in China. Finally arrived in Australia on New Year's day 2017 and had job interviews within the first week of arriving. My coordinator has also been helping look for adventures that may interest me etc. Looking forward to more support throughout my working holiday from Global. Excellent way to make dreams come true with ease.

The staff have been extremely helpful and friendly. A lot of useful information on various parts of Australia, trips, cool things to do and places to visit has been helpful. I have already received a phone and help with arranging my tax code. Global Work & Travel have covered everything you would think of when relocating to another country. They have been super!

Global have given me the confidence to go ahead and do something I had been hesitant to do on my own. Their friendly and competent staff have been very helpful and informative and have guided me through the processes that I would have found difficult and off putting on my own.

The Global Work and Travel Co has been absolutely amazing! They've been so helpful at every turn and I always felt like everything was looked after for me so I didn't have to stress about the move from the second I signed up to the minute I touched down in London and beyond. I would recommend them in a heartbeat.

The Global Work and Travel Company is a company that draws in people of all ages and says that they will guarantee work overseas which could be true to some extent, but they demand money upfront. My son was involved in a traumatic accident and at this moment is medically unfit to work or travel and has depression. When he received the call he couldn't believe his luck. Their main concern was if and when he could pay the initial deposit and then the monthly payments. They did not ask of any medical or criminal background. Yes maybe he should have disclosed this himself but he is suffering depression from the trauma. I asked in good faith if The Global Work & Travel Co. could refund his money as he has medical bills and is only on a Youth Allowance but SURPRISE SURPRISE I got NO RESPONSE AT ALL.

So I then read the other reviews and then went on their website where it clearly says that anyone that signs up has 24/7 communication with one of their members. Now I can tell you that is FALSE. And I quote: “When I first contacted Global on the phone they told me, it’s a great deal, you get a guaranteed job. I came over here, was left in the hostel [in Vancouver] over Christmas with no contact and no job prospect at all.” When you read the other reviews people have been left stranded no help, no job, no money. At least they didn't take thousands. DO NOT let this happen to you.

So this company is basically like your average bad relationship. They're nice and 'helpful' when originally signing up, but as soon as they get a hold of your hard earned dollars, it's like they don't exist anymore. I had originally signed up with The Global Work & Travel Co. back in February 2016 because I was dying to go to Australia, but was terrified to go without a security blanket in case one of those horror stories you hear came true. It all seemed too good to be true... that's because it was.

After they got my full payment, it was impossible to get a hold of my travel coordinator. The FIRST one I had was great, he was very helpful in my flight planning and getting me a tour in New Zealand. The second and third have been nothing but ghosts and unbelievably unhelpful. The original flight that I had chosen AND put a down payment on had later been changed to a different flight without my knowing or without an email/notice to aware me of the change. And since the flight was changed, the price changed and increased by $200... which I also wasn't aware of or informed about.

Because of this, my credit card was overcharged and I had to pay extra fees on top of the extra costs for the flight. When I asked why I was not told about these changes, they simply ignored my emails and didn't answer my phone calls for several weeks. As well when I made a complaint on all these issues, I was brushed off with no regard to such horrible customer service. Just to add on top to everything above, I am about to leave in a matter of weeks to my working holiday in Australia and still have not had any notice for the so-called 'job opportunities' they seem to have lined up for eager travelers as myself.

Would I recommend this company? ABSOLUTELY NOT! They are a huge waste of money, time, effort, and you can do everything they offer EASILY by yourself without losing $1900. I have never regretted signing up with this company more, and I'm not even there yet! So who's to know how many others way they plan to screw me over. DON'T SIGN UP WITH THEM!! IT'S A SCAM!!

Kaitlin was very informative and professional. She informed me on all basis of living and working in Australia. She showed us that we have a solid support group and that we will always have someone willing to help us.

The Global Work & Travel Co. Company Profile

The Global Work & Travel Co.
2008