The Global Work & Travel Co.

The Global Work & Travel Co. is one of the world's leading youth travel brands offering over 100 meaningful travel experiences to all corners of the planet.

Headquartered in Australia, and with offices in Canada and the UK, we make travel easy so you can see the world in a meaningful way. Visit our website today to get your trip of a lifetime started!

Compare Travel Agencies

Research top Travel Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The staff have been extremely helpful and friendly. A lot of useful information on various parts of Australia, trips, cool things to do and places to visit has been helpful. I have already received a phone and help with arranging my tax code. Global Work & Travel have covered everything you would think of when relocating to another country. They have been super!

Global have given me the confidence to go ahead and do something I had been hesitant to do on my own. Their friendly and competent staff have been very helpful and informative and have guided me through the processes that I would have found difficult and off putting on my own.

The Global Work and Travel Co has been absolutely amazing! They've been so helpful at every turn and I always felt like everything was looked after for me so I didn't have to stress about the move from the second I signed up to the minute I touched down in London and beyond. I would recommend them in a heartbeat.

The Global Work and Travel Company is a company that draws in people of all ages and says that they will guarantee work overseas which could be true to some extent, but they demand money upfront. My son was involved in a traumatic accident and at this moment is medically unfit to work or travel and has depression. When he received the call he couldn't believe his luck. Their main concern was if and when he could pay the initial deposit and then the monthly payments. They did not ask of any medical or criminal background. Yes maybe he should have disclosed this himself but he is suffering depression from the trauma. I asked in good faith if The Global Work & Travel Co. could refund his money as he has medical bills and is only on a Youth Allowance but SURPRISE SURPRISE I got NO RESPONSE AT ALL.

So I then read the other reviews and then went on their website where it clearly says that anyone that signs up has 24/7 communication with one of their members. Now I can tell you that is FALSE. And I quote: “When I first contacted Global on the phone they told me, it’s a great deal, you get a guaranteed job. I came over here, was left in the hostel [in Vancouver] over Christmas with no contact and no job prospect at all.” When you read the other reviews people have been left stranded no help, no job, no money. At least they didn't take thousands. DO NOT let this happen to you.

So this company is basically like your average bad relationship. They're nice and 'helpful' when originally signing up, but as soon as they get a hold of your hard earned dollars, it's like they don't exist anymore. I had originally signed up with The Global Work & Travel Co. back in February 2016 because I was dying to go to Australia, but was terrified to go without a security blanket in case one of those horror stories you hear came true. It all seemed too good to be true... that's because it was.

After they got my full payment, it was impossible to get a hold of my travel coordinator. The FIRST one I had was great, he was very helpful in my flight planning and getting me a tour in New Zealand. The second and third have been nothing but ghosts and unbelievably unhelpful. The original flight that I had chosen AND put a down payment on had later been changed to a different flight without my knowing or without an email/notice to aware me of the change. And since the flight was changed, the price changed and increased by $200... which I also wasn't aware of or informed about.

Because of this, my credit card was overcharged and I had to pay extra fees on top of the extra costs for the flight. When I asked why I was not told about these changes, they simply ignored my emails and didn't answer my phone calls for several weeks. As well when I made a complaint on all these issues, I was brushed off with no regard to such horrible customer service. Just to add on top to everything above, I am about to leave in a matter of weeks to my working holiday in Australia and still have not had any notice for the so-called 'job opportunities' they seem to have lined up for eager travelers as myself.

Would I recommend this company? ABSOLUTELY NOT! They are a huge waste of money, time, effort, and you can do everything they offer EASILY by yourself without losing $1900. I have never regretted signing up with this company more, and I'm not even there yet! So who's to know how many others way they plan to screw me over. DON'T SIGN UP WITH THEM!! IT'S A SCAM!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Global Work & Travel Co.?

Kaitlin was very informative and professional. She informed me on all basis of living and working in Australia. She showed us that we have a solid support group and that we will always have someone willing to help us.

I paid $1600 for my Italian account and $3600 for my Thailand account. Flights were not included. I was young when I originally signed up for my Thailand account and was hustled into paying my $500 down deposit. Before leaving for Italy I was given the wrong directions to get my visa which made things stressful... that and getting me assigned with a family was the only service that was provided for me. It's difficult to keep in contact with this company especially since they go through employees like dirty underwear. BUT, if you have not paid the down deposit or full amount they make more of an effort to be accessible to 'you'.

Once I paid my full amount it became more and more difficult to get things done. Most things were waited until the last minute or not done at all causing quite a bit of anxiety. They tell you they're there for you every step of the way... yet you can't call them across the globe, they don't have whatsapp, they take forever to respond, not open on weekends, and are only available to you during working hours that are not the same time zone as you.

I had my trip coordinator changed at least 5 times on me. Before leaving for Italy I made it very clear that I wanted Thailand sorted out before I left my country. After about 2 months of calling the company trying to get a hold of my trip coordinator. Calling so many times explaining my problem and being reassured that someone would contact me soon. It wasn't until I was in Italy that I got a hold of someone.

Once I arrived I never received any help from Global but from a woman from another company. *** If you contact Celtic Childcare you can get the exact same experience as Global FOR FREE! *** I asked for my money back from Global for Thailand explaining I felt more comfortable planning my trip on my own than being in their hands and passed around like a doll no one wanted. They refused and offered 50% back.

The tefl course with free accommodations costs $1500CAD and they provide you with the same not better services than Global. Global Work and Travels is the absolute worst company I have ever experienced and every person I have spoken with who is one of their clients (met them in Italy) all regret choosing this company. Please save your money, and keep your anxieties down and do not go with this company. Do your research. You can contact me on facebook. Send me a message and I can help you out for free, it will be my pleasure.

Global has been a very helpful safety net for me as a traveler so far. It has been great to have someone there on the end of the phone at any time if you need and to be given all the information you need to get started. Lauren, Olivia and Daniel have been especially helpful to me especially.

My experience this far has been a positive one. I have been looked after and a job opportunity was presented days before I arrived. Which I unfortunately could not take. The company has still continued to help me with jobs though. Also the Hostel free stay has been a huge help and a good way to meet new people.

The orientation provided us all with everything we needed to know, setting up banks, our tax file number, accommodation etc. I came out feeling more confident about my working holiday.

I cannot stress enough how disappointed I was with Global Work & Travel. Not only do I think they need to be shut down, but the owners thrown in jail. Read the fine print! This is essentially a company that does nothing. You heard it, absolutely nothing, except take your money and run. I pretty much paid $1000.00 to be picked up from the airport in Gold Coast, Australia and have a one week stay in the worst imaginable hostel. There was no job offer other than farm work, which is incredibly easy to find on your own. They'll try to talk you into doing your farm work to extend your visa for another year, and so they can forget about you and move on to the next backpacker. The orientation was nothing more than a slideshow of Australia... I found myself scrambling after only a few days to try and figure out what I was to do next. All in all, I ended up getting a bus out of the ** hole they call Surfers Paradise to Coffs Harbour, and the rest was history.

Within one week staying at the YHA hostel in Coffs Harbour, I found farm work through reception and met the most amazing people. After staying there for nearly 3 months, I saved enough money to buy a van and travel down the coast with friends. Best decision I ever made. Please listen to me, save your money, plan your own trip, and if you're really the adventurous type, buy a van as soon as you arrive in Australia. Not only will it open up so many options for you, but it will drastically cut your living expenses. My YHA hostel was about $26 a night, but if you sleep in a van, you can keep it parked in the parking lot and have full access to all the amenities for $10-15 a night. If anyone reading this is planning on travelling abroad, please take my advice and just do it yourself. Not only will it be cheaper, but it is so much more rewarding!

Global have been very helpful in setting everything up on my arrival. I look forward to starting my work and enjoying the experience. All members of staff are also very friendly and approachable.

So it's not even been 24 hours yet but everything as promised by the GWT has been on point from landing at the airport and meeting your smiley transfer driver to checking in to the accommodation and then meeting the GWT for the orientation the next morning. The ocean view is amazing in surfers paradise and your weather is beautiful. The staff that are assigned to you before your trip and when you arrive are very helpful/organised with the information/support you may need moving to a new country.

As discussed in various phone calls with Global Work and Travel staff, I was promised an internship with a well-known company. After weeks of forms, applications and phone calls, I was told that I was only eligible for internships with NGOs as I am not doing an internship for credit points/uni. I wish they could have told me earlier to avoid weeks of wasted time and energy. The company wanted to charge upwards of $2,700 for this... something that could easily be avoided by just applying directly. Luckily, I was able to receive a refund for my down payment. My guess is that there are many out there who haven't. My other advice would be to not fall for their high-pressure sales tactics - take time to think about it rather than putting down the $800 deposit in the first phone call.

Josh was outstanding! He answered all of my questions and made me feel totally comfortable and confident in my decision to book this trip.

Staff is very excited about your travels.

Josh is very friendly, very helpful with the entire process! I am extremely excited to leave New York, board my plane, and head to Australia for the time of my life!

Alex was extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and positive. All the accommodations seem amazing. The idea of getting out of the country is amazing and seems much more possible with the help of your company.

Catherine was a great help. Very excited to go to AUSTRALIA!!!

They were very helpful and Jacob was very good!

Really polite and friendly staff. Very excited to go.

Really friendly staff and very organised with a good knowledge of the Gold Coast.

It was pretty good what he offered me.

They have helped me out and I'm excited.

During the phone conference with Jesse all my initial inhibitions about traveling were met with assurance that I would have nothing but a great time and replaced with excitement. I was taken through all aspects of planning the trip, what will be involved and what I can expect after arriving. Afterwards I had no further questions as all bases had been thoroughly and enthusiastically covered leaving me feeling ready to set off on an adventure.

It was a very easy process, all my questions were immediately answered and Yvonne was super friendly and helpful! I love her Irish accent and she is soooo funny! I will definitely be booking with Global again! Can't wait to get started on my travels!!!

The Work & Travel Expert helped a lot, cleared the air! Very helpful.

Very friendly team, excellent experience. By far the best I have dealt with.

Very fast, initially felt a bit rushed however this was our fault because we are late to book, otherwise very easy.

Amazing opportunity. Can't wait. Very helpful staff.

The Global Work & Travel Co. Company Profile

The Global Work & Travel Co.
2008