4.64/5
  • 1 star
Based on 75 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

The Global Work & Travel Co. is one of the world's leading youth travel brands offering over 100 meaningful travel experiences to all corners of the planet.

Headquartered in Australia, and with offices in Canada and the UK, we make travel easy so you can see the world in a meaningful way. Visit our website today to get your trip of a lifetime started!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 27, 2017

1140 The Global Work & Travel Co. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I’ve been traveling for the last 4 months and am so thankful to have a job straight away. Kirsty was super helpful with getting settled in the UK, making sure we know how to get bank accounts and how to go about using the NHS. Super helpful and now I can’t wait to get started!

Hi Alexandra,

Thank you for choosing The Global Work & Travel Co. for your Working Holiday trip!

We're so thrilled you had a 5-star experience with Kirsty and that she filled you in on everything you needed to know to ensure it was a smooth process.

We're over the moon that you had a great experience with us and thanks for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Global Work & Travel have helped me with setting up with a GWorld account and also helping me create a Australian CV so that people can look into employing me. They have also been so helpful with all of the information they have given me about things I need to know before entering Australia and also information while being out there. The staff are really friendly and very very helpful in any situation you need them and they are always a call away if you need them for anything such as, accommodation and setting up your phone whilst you're out in Australia. I would recommend Global Work & Travel Co to anyone that's thinking about a lifestyle change or just want to take a year out of what they're currently doing.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for choosing The Global Work & Travel Co. for your trip!

We’re so thrilled to hear you had a 5-star experience with our team and that they were so helpful with getting you set up and answering all your questions along the way.

We’re over the moon to hear that you'd recommend us around too.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Everyone has been very helpful for the past few months and I would recommend it! Everyone has been very nice and friendly. They helped with accommodations and work which was very stressful to think about upon arrival.

The Global Work & Travel Co. response

Thanks for the positive feedback, Andrew!

We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers, so we're over the moon to hear that you had a great experience with our whole team.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I have had so much good advice from the team especially Katlin, she has been more than helpful sorting out my opportunities and getting me the best offers. In the orientation Katlin was very welcoming and made me feel a lot better about everything because I did have doubts but now I feel so much better and at ease.

Hi Victoria,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad to hear Kaitlin was so helpful throughout the process and was able to put your mind at ease!

Thanks for travelling with The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I give The Global Work and Travel Co five stars because they've done everything they said they were going to do, were always in touch with me, and I can't currently think of anything they could have done better. The downside is it is pricey, but the price is reasonable since they do help you out for an entire year. It is up to other people to decide if going with Global is right for them, but I can say that this company is legitimate and they do what they say they will do. If anyone has any questions about my experience you can contact me through Facebook.

The Global Work & Travel Co. response

Thanks for the positive feedback, Elicia!

We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers, so we're over the moon to hear that you had a great experience with us!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Global Work & Travel Co.?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Global Work & Travel Co. are amazing, they helped organize my job, visa and accommodation. They are always there to answer any questions I may have and my coordinator Alex has been nothing but amazing with all the vital information I needed along the way. I would highly recommend Global Work & Travel Co. to anyone wanting to travel to Canada!

Hi Abbie,

We're so thrilled you had a 5-star experience with Alex and that she filled you in on everything and answered all your questions along the way. We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

We're over the moon that you had a great experience with us!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

We signed up with Global Work & Travel Co. over a year ago for our 2017-2019 work experience in Canada. From day 1 it was easy process, great communication and took off the pressure. Closer to the time Alex was amazing and in contact with us regularly to see how we were feeling and making sure we were all organized. I would recommend using the Global Work & Travel Co. for your working holiday experience, it takes out the stress out of everything and makes the trip more easy and enjoyable.

Hi Jenna,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback about your experience so far,

We are so glad Alex was helpful and made it such a smooth experience for you by answering all your questions for you and keeping in touch as much as possible. We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Global Work and Travel Co. have been very supportive and informative in helping me achieve my dream of traveling. They have organised my job opportunity, accommodation and various activities in the duration of my trip so far. Kaitlin has gone above and beyond. They make me feel comfortable when out of my comfort zone and I cannot thank the staff at Global enough for this amazing opportunity.

Hi Mathew,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us with such a lovely review too!

We're thrilled to hear your feedback and that you had such a positive experience with Kaitlin and that she was super helpful throughout the entire process.

Thanks again from The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

The Global Work & Travel have been amazing. They have helped me with every step the way to get me into Australia to start working and traveling. Any questions I have are always answered. I'm really excited to start working in Sydney within the next few weeks!!! Thank you for everything. :D

The Global Work & Travel Co. response

Thanks for the positive feedback, Helena!

We are so pleased that you are enjoying your trip so far with The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Will definitely recommend to my friends interested in travelling. Very impressed with the HQ and how welcoming and nice all the staff is. Reassured the success of my trip and time in Australia. Very helpful in travelling abroad, and I now feel confident when I decide to travel to other countries. Very glad everything worked out, glad to be a part of the company.

Hi Simon,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad you had such a helpful stop at our HQ and that our staff were so friendly and welcoming. We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

This has been a very nice experience, the introduction to Australian life, the way they arrange all the information for you and look after you throughout your time here is one of the main reasons I would recommend this company. Extremely friendly staff which help you every step of the way. 10/10 service.

Hi Richard,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review!

We are thrilled to hear you’ve had a great time in Australia so far and that you’d rate our service 10/10 because of our friendly service and help you’ve received along the way! We also love hearing that you’d recommend us around.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Amazing stepping stone to start travelling. Without Global I wouldn't have had the confidence to take the step on my own. They help you with everything in orientation; Medicare, tax, job opportunities etc, takes all the pressure off and you can enjoy your time instead of worrying.

Hi Howard,

Thank you for choosing The Global Work & Travel Co. for your trip and for taking the time to share your 5-star experience with us!

We're so thrilled to hear that you were able to take the leap because of us! We are so glad we could take all the pressure off so you could enjoy your trip.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I am giving this review because I would like to let you know that this has been a good and easy experience and I would recommend The Global Work & Travel Co. to anyone that would like to travel and work anywhere in the world to go through them because the coordinators are very helpful and friendly and they will give you good recommended things/ place to see and do.

The Global Work & Travel Co. response

Thanks for the positive review, Steven!

We are so pleased that you are enjoying your trip with The Global Work & Travel Co. and that you found our services and staff so helpful and friendly!

We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers, so we're over the moon to hear that you had a great experience. We also love hearing that you’d recommend us around!

Best wishes from The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I had a very good experience going with The Global Work & Travel Co. I didn't understand how to go about starting a new life in Australia and when I looked online and found Global they made the process for me not only easy but enjoyable. They were quick to respond to my questions about the company and very honest about the funds I would need in order to make my travels in Australia probable.

Hi Demi,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your positive experience with us! We’re so thrilled to hear you had an easy and enjoyable transition into Australian life and that you found everyone so responsive and helpful.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your trip and thanks for choosing The Global Work & Travel Co. for your travels!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

The orientation was very informative and helpful, the staff were very clear and were great with their knowledge and have made me feel very confident in going through this whole experience, but also knowing that I'm never stuck and they are always there to help. The orientation was a perfect start to my working holiday. :)

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for taking the time to write a such a positive review!

We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers, so we're over the moon to hear that you had a great experience and found all our staff so helpful and informative.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I strongly recommend NOT going with this company. It's a huge scam and it's not worth your money. They lie to you and will tell you things like "you're running out of time" to sign up when actually, there's people constantly signing up and there's no deadline. They do this so you don't have time to look at the reviews and see how actually horrible it is. I've talked to several people from Global and noticed they don't actually give you the job you want or they want to give you a job that's completely out of the way and you end up wasting money on travelling. With the amount of money it costs they should be able to find you a decent paying job in a location that you request. However I could have saved so much money by figuring everything out by myself. They also should have been able to pay for more than 4 nights accommodation. You're better off finding a job by yourself. With the exception of a few things to assist you on, they are really no help at all.

Hi Mirjana,

We’re sorry to hear that you’re unsatisfied about your travel experience with us. We take all feedback seriously and are always looking to improve and help our travellers enjoy their time overseas. After looking at your profile, it appears you were offered 2 great job opportunities relevant to your previous work experience before you arrived in Australia, but declined to interview one and were unsuccessful at a trial with the other. You’ve since been provided with an additional job opportunity, which you also then declined. Our Arrivals Team also asked if you were interested in working in the outback as it was a great chance to gain more experience and see some amazing parts of the country you’re visiting, plus it included staff accommodation and meals - but as you’ve recently stated that you want to stay in the city, our team will continue putting you forward to our partners to organise another opportunity when a position matching your work experience becomes available.

As well as the job opportunities provided, both before you landed and after, you've also received the 4 nights accommodation which you mentioned, airport pickup & transfer to the Gold Coast, as well as an Australian mobile phone, bank account & tax file number assistance, visa application support, a personal Travel Coordinator to assist you throughout your journey both pre & post-arrival, and access to our 24/7 emergency line will remain should you run into any troubles.

We do in fact have strict deadlines for our intakes, which are due to things such as visa submission dates & cut offs, seasonal variables, intake capacity for our offices, and even flight limitations for some trips. Depending on the trip, these fill up especially quickly during peak periods, and on a first-in, first-served basis.

Once again we’re sorry to hear that you’re not satisfied with your travel experience. Please feel free to contact us via feedback@globalworkandtravel.com to discuss your concerns further, and please let us know what we can do to help you have a great time on your trip. Our customer’s experience is of most importance to us. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Before arriving it was great having Kaitlin close by to contact and email. Now being here it is great having the reassurance of the company to help me with anything and everything. Also I have already met so many people and it's only day two.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Global Work & Travel co have been very helpful. It all started with a inquiry online and a phone call. From the start they have given a lot of information and have been within communication reach throughout. Coming from the states rather than England they have been very accommodating. Everything ran smoothly on arrival. They are quick, reliable and very helpful.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Global has been incredibly helpful every step of the way. I have been working along side Hannah ** and she has been amazing with finding work and travel for me. Can't thank her enough. Highly recommend this company.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Everything has gone really well with the booking experience, and is great now we are here. The trip coordinator has always checked that we understand everything and has always been very helpful, and has given us lots of information in the orientation.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Very happy and feeling well looked after. Things I was not too sure about have been cleared up and like I said I feel very well looked after and it's taken a lot of the stress of travelling away.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

Olivia has been a huge help to me, shes made my experience with Global Work And Travel Review stress free, every question I've had shes been quick to reply.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

The experience has been great so far. Kaitlin has been very easy to deal with and get information to and from. The job search has been a little hard for because I have an interview at a job I do not want.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

So far it's been great, I was nervous at first but after 2 days I've come to enjoy it more and more. The global team have been a great help.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Positive Experience. All members of staff have been very helpful and friendly. The process overall has been very smooth and easy. No complaints.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

The experience so far has been really good, it is reassuring to have the support from the company when you are unsure. The company also provide discounts and free vouchers to parks which encourages you to also see new places.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Working Holiday to Canada - I have only been in Vancouver for 2 days and 2 nights and so far it's really nice. I have been staying at the HI downtown and it's a great way to meet people especially if you are traveling by yourself. I had my orientation with Global and it was a really good information session where I found out all the important info I needed to get started for my work in Banff and sorting out a bank account and SIN number for tax.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Everything has been perfect and well explained, even if it's a stupid question. All very professional.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I have been very happy with the level of service that global travel has provided for me. They have taken care of me from the day I landed in Brisbane. I would like to thank Olivia my travel agent for being the best ever :) and everyone else behind the scenes... thanks again!!

Original review: July 17, 2017

Totally awesome. No matter how silly the question might be, they are always there for you with an answer. Always ready with great advice and suggestions for things to do. Even helped me out to get a dentist when I arrived. Would recommend 150% to anyone.

The Global Work & Travel Co. Company Information