2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.65/5

Global Work & Travel is your ticket to see the world in a meaningful way. They offer Working Holidays, Au Pair opportunities, Volunteer trips and much much more. This range of trips allows their travellers to become more than just tourists and see the world in new and exciting ways. Global Work & Travel will help you find the ideal trip for you and will be there with unlimited support every step of the journey to ensure your experience is incredible.

Global Work & Travel Video
BOTTOM LINE

Global Work and Travel is an easy, safe way to travel the world while working or volunteering. It offers a variety of destinations and trip types and an extensive support network for travelers.

PROS
  • Large support network
  • Variety of options
  • Payment plans available
CONS
  • Limited locations
  • Some trips can be pricey

Top Global Work & Travel Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Work & Travel?

Everyone helping me plan my trip have been very helpful, friendly, welcoming, excited and positive while working with me to make my trip happen … I’m very happy with their services and would go through Global Work & Travel again in the future if I’m planning on another trip.

I’ve never been more excited and less stressed to travel in my life all thanks to Adrian from GWAT (Global Work and Travel). Within ten minutes of starting our phone call I already felt like I was welcome and most importantly well informed how this trip will work.

How does Global Work and Travel work?

Global Work and Travel states its goal is to help you see the world, however you want it to happen. The company matches you with a trip coordinator and travel concierge who will arrange everything you need to start your trip. The company alsp provides unlimited local support when you reach your destination.

You can choose from a range of trips, including teaching English abroad, working holidays, au pair experiences, volunteer trips and overseas internships. The trips have a wide range of destinations, so most people can find a location that interests them.

Every trip comes with different features. Depending on your trip type, you’ll receive job interviews, host family matchings, accommodation support and whatever else you may need. Global Work and Travel also includes a range of inclusions to help you get settled into your destination.

Global Work and Travel prices

The cost of your trip with Global Work and Travel varies based on the type of trip and the destination. Trip costs range from $1,700 to $5,000, plus any travel expenses you may incur during your stay.

You pay a deposit upfront to be connected with your Trip Coordinator. They will assist you in setting up a budget to pay the remaining trip balance.

Every Global Work and Travel trip comes with the company's lifetime deposit guarantee. This lets you rearrange the dates, change your trip or gift your trip to a friend or family member, which provides flexibility if your plans change.

Global Work and Travel FAQ

Is Global Work and Travel safe?
Global Work and Travel strives to offer travelers a safe experience around the world. If you feel unsafe, contact its 24/7 emergency line for assistance.
What kind of travel does Global Work and Travel offer?
It offers trips for volunteers, teachers, workers on holiday, au pairs, interns and summer camp instructors. Different travel options are available for each location, so check the company’s website for available opportunities.
Where can I go with Global Work and Travel?
You can travel to many countries in the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Pacific. Check the company’s website for its currently available countries.
How long are Global Work and Travel trips?
The travel time depends on the type of trip and visa requirements in the destination country. Trips typically range from four weeks to six months.

Is Global Work and Travel legit?

Global Work and Travel is a legit way to travel and work without the hassle of making arrangements on your own. The company has been in operation since 2008 and has served thousands of travelers. The company offers trips to the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Pacific with plenty of opportunities for teachers, workers and volunteers. Global Work and Travel's trips can be expensive and don’t include many travel costs, but the company provides a significant amount of support and can help you arrange seasonal work to offset some of the expense. Its staff can help you with accommodations, adjusting to local life and other common travel concerns.

Global Work & Travel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Work & Travel?

Original review: April 16, 2021

I had the pleasure of being able to work alongside Stacey who assisted with all enquirers I had and if she wasn't able to assist, she was more than helpful as she passed me to someone who could. Stacey provided all of the relevant information I needed for my trip and was very clear and easy to chat with. During COVID and trying to begin my trip with such a big headache holding me back Stacey kept up to date all relevant travel information, changing all of my plans completely from when we first started planning (Pre covid) herself and her team were able to adapt well to the change keeping me informed and constantly up to date. Even with all the new restrictions in place and all the extra steps I need to take, Global have made it the easiest process. I would recommend!!!

Hi Shaylee,

We are over the moon to hear what an incredible experience you have had with Stacey & the team at Global Work & Travel!

COVID has affected so many people, but we are so glad that we were able to make this stress-free, and change your travel plans to still suit you! We love hearing that you would recommend us as well!

We can't wait to continue being here every step of the way & assisting you with your travels! Thanks for choosing Global Work & Travel!

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

Global Work and Travel have been super helpful in organising my entire trip to Canada. From the moment I called them up, they were constantly in touch to keep me posted on what was needed to make the trip a success, offering CV advice, location guides, money saving tips and transport options. The perks that came with the trip have been super helpful such as the hostel stay and having orientation was definitely super helpful! Both staff members were lovely and always happy to help with any requirements! So glad I booked with this company as even whilst I'm still here, they stay in touch to make sure we're ok and help out where it may be needed! :)

Hi Sarah-Jane,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your trip! We are over the moon to hear you have had a 5 star experience with our team! We pride ourselves on providing a world-leading service so it is great to hear that your Trip Coordinators were there every step of the way for you to help you get all set up on your Working Holiday!

We are just a phone call away if you need anything. Have a great time in Canada.

Thanks for travelling with Global Work & Travel!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

I wish I could personally thank everyone at the Global team who helped me achieve this once in a lifetime experience. But I have to give my special thanks to the team who helped me with my big leap - Tiarna, Jaz and Vedrana. I have had my eyes open to a whole new different way of life, learnt new things and skills that I’ll be taking back home with me, met amazing new friends, interesting different people and I’ve also fallen deeply in love during my time here. The confidence I have gained within myself is something I can’t express in words.

I came from a small town where everything I needed was only minutes away, I knew everyone I saw and they knew me. I felt trapped, closed in, bored. There wasn’t a second thought when I started the process with Global and although I was upset and terrified to leave behind everything I knew and was comfortable with, I am so glad I did. I am so proud and happy of the person I have grown into. I couldn’t have done it without the help of the Global team and my family.

The team are beyond amazing, they kept in contact with me from the first inquiry phone call and answered every question I had (and lots of questions that my mum had to ask!) Of course I was skeptical at first, I wasn’t sure what I was getting myself into but I was constantly in touch with everyone from phone calls, to Skype calls or just emails keeping me up to date with everything. It soothed my worries straight away. I didn’t know where to start with getting a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa so having the team run through and tell me everything I needed to provide was a massive weight off my shoulders. They took care of all the stressful bits that come with organising life overseas, organising flights and transport from the airport to the hostel that they also arranged. They found me a job before I even left the country! Not once did I feel abandoned or left in the dark from the moment I left right up until even now, they still keep in contact with me.

I have fallen deeply in love during my time here, I have met the most amazing man. He has opened his arms and heart to me and has shown me his country, his home. I wouldn’t have been able to meet him if it wasn’t for Global. I really could write all day about how this experience has changed me as I’m sure everyone else could too. But this is something you need to experience yourself, and I can guarantee you won’t regret it!! I am beyond please with Global, they have done such an amazing job. Everyone should be proud.

Hi Dayna,

We are delighted to hear your feedback and the positive experience you have had, from our team being there to answer all your questions, assisting you with your visa and having your job lined up before you left your home country! We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers, so we're thrilled to hear our team was there to help you every step of the way, especially Tiarna, Jaz & Vedrana!

We love seeing your pictures and hearing about your trip and what an incredible journey it has been so far! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Thanks for travelling with Global Work & Travel!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

He was very excited for me. I hope that it’s all that he said it would be. Amazing opportunity and I’m glad that I will have global to hold my hand threw the whole experience. I liked how he remembered our previous day's conversation and was capable of getting answers to my questions. And how he explained that Global take care of all my flights and insurances. So I don’t have to stress about any of it. All I need to do it get my passport and arrive at airport on day of departure. And Florence Italy here I come. Great price at $5095 covering insurances and flights and getting me employment. Hooray.

Hello Faye,

We're so happy you had such a great experience with Jordan! We know that since you posted this review we have got in contact with you to clarify what you've said here, but we would just like to take this opportunity to reiterate for anyone who may be reading this review.

Unfortunately due to the fluctuating nature of air travel and insurance, we are unable to include them as part of the package. We hope that you are still satisfied with the huge range of inclusions that come with this trip anyway.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review. We very much look forward to setting up your trip to Italy!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

What can I say... Words just don't seem enough to express how great my Amazing Dynamic Duo (Trip Coordinator - Reece / Travel Concierge - Ashley) are. From the time the booking was made and notwithstanding we also have Covid-19 thrown into the mix and then all the way right through to me finally reaching my destination Prague, Czech Republic.

Throughout the entire time, my dynamic duo have always been extremely professional, courteous, helpful and and and... but above all they have gone above and beyond the call of duty in assisting me with all that I needed to do in making my dream become a reality and me landing in Prague especially during this crisis the world is now facing with the Covid-19.

Now I get to enjoy my birthday abroad in a new country that I have never really been to before. And so, I look forward to the new chapter in my life learning to teach abroad and embrace the new way of life in Prague! I would like to take this opportunity in giving my heartfelt thanks to both my Amazing Dynamic Duo (Trip Coordinator - Reece / Travel Concierge - Ashley) because without you, I would not be here in Prague right now... "THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!"

Hello Sonja,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a lovely review!
    We're so happy that we were able to assist you in getting over to Prague in such a trying time.

We know that you're going to have an absolutely incredible trip, and we'll be here for any help you may need along the way.

P.S HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Original review: May 11, 2021

Global Work and Travel has helped my boyfriend and I travel experience begin! Allowing us to find a great working environment after Covid took place we didn't think it would be possible, we are stoked and couldn't recommend it enough! We've loved the communication and support throughout the whole experience makes us feel secure and comfortable in entering a new country. We can't wait for what's to come.

Hi Hollie,

We are over the moon that we have been able to make your travel dreams come true! We will continue to be here to support you throughout your travels and we are very much looking forward to keeping up to date with your adventures and seeing your photos along the way! We are also thrilled to hear that you would recommend us to others as well!

Thanks for travelling with Global Work & Travel! :)

Original review: April 23, 2021

I have absolutely no complaints with Stacey and the rest of the team at Global Work and Travel! Everything was great and everyone was very friendly. Even throughout COVID they still were eager to help me in any way. Thanks again!

Hi Matthew,

It is so great to receive this review of your 5 star experience you received from Stacey and the team at Global! We will continue to be here every step of the way for you to answer all your questions & assist in any way we can! We are glad that COVID hasn't stopped you from travelling! We hope you have the best time & can't wait to see some photos!

Thanks for travelling with Global Work & Travel!

Original review: April 20, 2021

Global Work and Travel have been amazing! They have helped with every aspect of my working holiday in the UK, from organising flights, travel insurance, guidance with my visa and ongoing support once I arrived! The team have very broad knowledge about the whole process

Hi Keagan,

We are so delighted to hear how amazing your trip has been! We pride ourselves on providing a world leading service so we love to hear feedback like this! We aim to make travelling nice & easy & it sounds like our team have done a great job at making sure every aspect of your trip was sorted! We love your photos and can't wait to receive more updates from you about your adventures in the UK!

Thanks from the whole team at Global Work & Travel!

Original review: March 16, 2021

Julian was amazing! Always helpful when we needed to speak with him. He gave us everything we needed! Would definitely book with him again. Stacey helped us when organising our flights with worked really well. Thank you Global work and travel!!

Hi Freddie!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful 5 star review about your trip with Global. We are delighted to hear how amazing both Julian & Stacey were and that they were there every step of the way when you needed them! It looks like you had an absolutely incredible time in Costa Rica on our Turtle Conservation Volunteer Trip!

We can't wait to have you on one of our other trips one day soon!

Thanks for travelling with Global Work & Travel!

Original review: March 5, 2021

Dodgy company, do not give them any money. GWAT will happily take your deposit, not organise anything to contracted dates, ignore you and finally refer you to their cancellations team in another country who will refuse the refund you’re contractually entitled to. Unprofessional, terrible communication and unethical.

Hi Taryn,

We're saddened to hear that you feel this way about your recent experience with us.

We would never ignore any of our customers emails or calls, so please provide us with further information so we can look into this further for you.

We do have cancellation fees in place & our trip deposits are non-refundable, but we make this very clear to you upfront before you choose to book with us. Each customer has to tick several boxes during the booking forms making it clear they have read and understood the conditions, including that their deposit is non refundable.

If you are looking to cancel your trip, you do need to speak with our Cancellations Team, which is all done via email correspondence and they would have provided you with your options.

We offer Lifetime Deposit Guarantee which means if you are unable to travel now, you can simply put your trip on hold until the time is right. You can push your dates back and even change to another trip without any fees to do so. This gives you peace of mind that you haven’t lost your deposit, it is still on file with us for you to use in the future.

Unfortunately we are unable to find you on our system, so if you can please share your contact details to feedback@globalworkandtravel.com we can look into this further for you.

Global Work & Travel Company Information