4.65/5
Based on 73 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

The Global Work & Travel Co. is one of the world's leading youth travel brands offering over 100 meaningful travel experiences to all corners of the planet.

Headquartered in Australia, and with offices in Canada and the UK, we make travel easy so you can see the world in a meaningful way. Visit our website today to get your trip of a lifetime started!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 21, 2018

1165 The Global Work & Travel Co. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 21, 2018

I had an extremely positive experience with Global Work and Travel Co, they made my travel experience the least stressful possible and organised a smooth and enjoyable trip for me. I worked closely with Hannah as my trip coordinator, she was absolutely amazing and helped me every single step of the way! She was always prompt and very organised, as well as being extremely friendly and easy to get along with! I would highly recommend Global Work and Travel Co to anyone planning to travel on a working holiday, especially if it's your first time!

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 19, 2018

Over the number of months prior to leaving, I have been guided and assisted with any and all of my concerns that have come up along the way. The staff I have dealt with have been extremely kind and welcoming on arrival to Vancouver and very informative with an overview of their experiences and any information that will benefit travelers. Alex was my coordinator and was outstanding throughout the process and helped me out very swiftly whenever I had issues with my pre arrival paperwork. I would recommend this program to my friends.

Original review: April 18, 2018

The Global Work and Travel Co. have exceeded my expectations from the very beginning. They are very attentive, caring, and enthusiastic. Alex our travel concierge in particular has been very professional and extremely helpful with any queries I have had along the way. I would definitely recommend The Global Work and Travel Co. to any friends and family that are thinking of traveling in the future.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Global Work & Travel CO. have been a great help throughout our travels. All the staff are very enthusiastic and friendly, they are always willing to answer any questions we have for them. Alex, our travel coordinator has been very helpful with assisting us in organizing our holiday before we left and further when we arrived. I would strongly recommend Global Work & Travel CO. to my friends and family if they are planning to travel in the future as I have had an amazing experience with the Global team.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Just wanted to say thank you to Katie and Kirsty for all their help in getting me to the UK to start my working holiday! They made the process nice and simple. The orientation was fun and we got to meet some awesome people! I can’t wait to get started working and travelling. :)

Hi Tiana,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review!

We're super happy you had a great experience with Katie and Kirsty and we’re thrilled to hear your feedback about how nice and simple they made the process for you, as we pride ourselves on providing a world-leading service.

Best wishes from The Global Work & Travel Co.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Global Work & Travel Co.?

Original review: April 12, 2018

2013 was my first ever experience with this company. Since then I have used them for 2 more working holidays! I can't believe how easy they made it from the very start! Traveling is scary in itself and even more so on your own but these guys made it a walk in the park! I'm home for a few months until my next Adventure starts with The Global Work & Travel Co.!

Hi Trevor,

Thank you for choosing The Global Work & Travel Co. for all of your trips!

We're so thrilled you had a 5-star experience each and every time you've travelled with us and that we made your travel such a walk in the park.

We're over the moon that you had a great experience with us and we can't wait to keep up with your next adventure abroad.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Global Work and Travel Co. have been amazing and would definitely recommend to a friend. Alex and everyone from Global are very friendly and comforting which made my stay in Canada very reassuring. Whatever question I had Alex was extremely helpful and reliant, overall Global Work and Travel Co. is a great company and would definitely use again. :)

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for choosing The Global Work & Travel Co. for your Working Holiday trip!

We are so glad your Trip Coordinator Alex, as well as everyone else from Global has been so helpful and comforting throughout the entire process. We also love hearing that you'd use us again!

Original review: April 10, 2018

Great experience, everyone was very helpful in making my trip happen. Alex was a pleasant to work with, she was very welcoming and help answer all of my questions! I highly recommend this company! Thanks Heaps.

Hi Ashleigh,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad your Trip Coordinator Alex was so helpful and answered all your questions for you. We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 30, 2018

So after reading some of the reviews I'm definitely not surprised and am still shocked that this company has such a high rating. I like many others felt misinformed and pressured into making an on the spot decision. To start from the beginning, I had sent a request email to gain information and enquire about a quote. Within 48 hrs I was contacted by a young and enthusiastic salesperson who was keen to get the ball rolling. This should have been my first red flag. After babbling on for some time he told me that I'd need to pay a deposit up front to secure my spot. Going by other reviews, this seems to be their hook to drag people in.

Although I was a bit apprehensive, I agreed as I have had a lot going on lately and thought things were finally going my way. I was sent an email to fill out to finalise everything and now out of pocket near $700. The sales person stayed on the line while I read through and kept asking me how I was going, which made me flustered and anxious so I breezed through it. A few days later I received a call from another department to organise my paperwork and finalise my payments. As I was starting to get skeptical it was at this point I found out that my flights, visa and insurance were all a separate cost and the initial amount quoted to me was just the service fees. It seems they are very tactical in their wording and sales pitch.

I addressed this with my travel consultant after doing some research online and seeing all these reviews. Considering it had only been a few days and I had only had 2 phone calls with the company, I was hoping there'd be a cooling off period and I'd be able to get my money back. But of course in the fine print it's absolutely not refundable. So now I'm out of pocket and absolutely disgusted that a company could do this to people. It's hard enough to save for these trips let alone to have $700 taken from you for 2 phone calls. I also haven't heard from them since I asked for my deposit back, goes to show how little they actually care. Hopefully this review will stop others from being scammed.

Hi Sarah,

First and foremost, of course we have bad reviews, every company does. And if they didn't, we'd all say it looks suspicious or "too good to be true". - so these days it's hard for any company to win in the "reviews world". So we're the first to admit we have bad reviews too. We do however, hold a ratings average of 4.5+, because we’ve also had some amazing experiences shared from our 35,000+ Global Travellers that have taken the adventure to see the world with an open mind and a desire to see the world in the most meaningful way. This is evident in the 5,500+ positive reviews across Reviows.io, Trustpilot, Google Reviews, Consumers Affairs, BBB.

When you were phoned within 48 hours of enquiring, this is the process we go through to ensure you’re eligible and over 35,000 others have taken the exact same steps to qualify for our programs. We have strict deadlines for our intakes, which are due to things such as visa submission dates & cut offs, season variables, intake capacity for our offices, and even flight limitations for some trips. Depending on the trip, these fill up especially quickly during peak periods, and on a first-in, first-served basis.

In regards to our cancellation policy and booking fees, each customer has to tick several boxes during the booking forms making it clear they have read and understood the conditions, that their deposit is non refundable, that their trip doesn't include flights, visas or travel insurance. We could not be more upfront about this fact. We would love it if you'd contact us on feedback@globalworkandtravel.com so we can try to rectify any of your concerns. Thanks.

Original review: March 29, 2018

Would definitely recommend to anyone to go through Global! Josie was so helpful through every step of the process and was so quick to reply to all emails and questions I had (which was a lot). It’s so comforting having someone with you every step of the way and that is genuinely excited for you, especially as the experience can be a little bit daunting and scary at times. Everyone at the office in Vancouver is so lovely and helpful.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review!

We're super happy you've had a great experience so far and we’re thrilled to hear your feedback, as we pride ourselves on providing a world-leading service. We're thrilled Josie has been so helpful through the entire process and was there every step of the way!

We are so pleased that you are enjoying your trip with The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: March 29, 2018

Experience was fantastic with the company and I always felt that I could call and talk to anyone openly and without judgement. Josie is amazing and so helpful with questions and just to talk to in general.

Hi Harry,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us!

We're thrilled to hear your feedback and that you had such a positive experience with Josie and that she was super helpful throughout the entire process!

Thanks from The Global Work & Travel Co.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: March 29, 2018

I stupidly called them back in 2013 and I was hassled every day to pay the deposit. I was told I would never find a job over in the UK as the economy was really bad (I found one in 4 weeks). I was told that they would organize everything for me, they would even do my visa application and organize a bank account for me. I was sent the contract and I read over it and I had a few issues with it mainly being the fact that I couldn't book my own flights and travel insurance. I said this to the girl at GWAT and I was assured that it was an old contract and that had changed and I could arrange my own flights. I am very stupid because as I came to learn with this company to make sure any dealings you have with them you get in writing as they lie to you over the phone.

Sure enough all the info I got on my travel to the UK was generic and I could have found it on the internet myself, they were no help. They didn't organize anything for me, I was just given information I could have found myself. I would later come to find that they actually outsourced my live in bar job to another company (who was much cheaper than they were). Great company to go with if you want to work 80 hours a week and make 100 quid a week.

Anyway I was a part of the ABC segment which exposed this company for the scammers they are. I pulled the pin on traveling with them when they sent me the bill for a one way ticket to the UK $1800, and travel insurance for one year $1200. I spoke to the then manager at GWAT who told me more lies and agreed to send me emails with what we talk about on the phone but never did. He explained to me that the ticket was a flexi ticket that could be changed at a moment's notice should anything change. I contacted the airline which was Etihad and found out that instead of buying the flexi ticket which was $1800, GWAT had in fact bought the budget $800 ticket and pocketed the rest of the money. Now I had already paid them about a thousand dollars for their services and they just kept taking and taking.

When they were exposed their Facebook page went into meltdown with complaint after complaint. I had previously been blocked but I enjoyed finally seeing this company being brought down. Myself and a few other facebook people caught out Global Work and Travel employees leaving positive feedback under fake facebook accounts. How these people sleep at night is beyond me. Luckily I still went to the UK, I had a great time and I found a job straight away but I spoke with many people whose dream of travel had been destroyed by this company because they are not upfront with the final costs. I don't expect people to take my word for it. I only advise you not to hand over money until you have everything in writing. I agreed to take $1000 back and I was left out of pocket about 2 grand.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I am so pleased with the service and help I have gotten from Global Work & Travel. Alex is very welcoming and helpful. It made the transition to Canada very easy. We are so happy that we went through this company. We couldn't have done this without her!

Hi Kelsey,

Thank you for choosing The Global Work & Travel Co. for your Working Holiday trip in Canada!

We're so thrilled you had a 5-star experience with Alex and that she was super welcoming, helpful and made the transition to Canada very easy for you. We're over the moon that you had a great experience with us!

Original review: March 22, 2018

I have been completely happy with the service Alex has provided. Very helpful with all the questions I have asked. Very welcoming and make you feel comfortable with this new adventure. Would recommend to everyone because of how easy Alex has made this.

Hi Millie,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad Alex provided such an amazing service, was so helpful, welcoming and comfortable with your new adventure. We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around!

Thanks for travelling with The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Very organized, Chloe was full of information. Also answered every question asked full of energy. Never a dull moment. Also feel very safe and this company is there when needed 24/7 for questions, concerns, or even a friend to chat!

Hi Jay,

Thank you for choosing The Global Work & Travel Co. for your Working Holiday trip in Australia!

We're so thrilled you had a 5-star experience with Chloe and that she filled you in on everything and answered all your questions along the way. We also love hearing that you feel safe because we're always here for any questions, concerns or even if you need a friend.

We're over the moon that you had a great experience with us!

Original review: March 13, 2018

The Global Work and Travel Co looks really good, I messaged them to inquire more information as I was interested in work and travel overseas. After I talked to them they asked if I wanted to put a deposit down, they called me every day asking me to book with them for about a month. Once I finally decided to book with them they took about $700 and directed me to their booking area. I decided to go over at the start of 2018 and they said that was okay. It's now March 2018 and I still haven't received any more information about it and have not been overseas with them. So be careful as their main aim to take your money. They do not have your interests at heart even if it seems like they do.

The Global Work & Travel Co. response

Hi Jack, we’re sorry to hear you feel this way. We truly get upset when we hear feedback like this, as it goes against our organisation’s vision and purpose. We have however looked into your feedback & travel history, and can advise that our system shows that your Trip Coordinator did try to get in touch with you multiple times back on June 12th, 15th, 16th & 20th for an initial welcome call to start the process and he was never able to get a hold of you, you then replied to an email and said to get in touch after 5 pm because of work and he was again unable to get through, nor were his emails answered. Our 35,000+ customer list and growing makes us one of the most travelled gap year companies in the world and we would love for you to be able to experience that too. If you could please get in touch via feedback@globalworkandtravel.com we’d love to try and rectify your concerns and get you back in touch with your Trip Coordinator. Thank you.

Original review: March 5, 2018

The team at Global Work & Travel have been incredibly helpful in every aspect. They have given me the confidence that I needed to pursue my dream of a working holiday in Canada. I was assigned an amazing trip coordinator who has helped with any questions I had regarding my travels, I highly recommend Global and their services as they have been a great team of people to work with!

Hi Louise,

We're so thrilled you had a 5-star experience with our team who were incredibly helpful in every aspect and gave you the confidence to pursue your dream! We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around and that your Trip Coordinator has been amazing with answering your questions and providing you with great service.

Thanks for travelling with The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I booked with The Global Work and Travel Company almost a year ago and they have helped me a lot over the time. They help set up bank accounts, tax codes and help get you jobs that help towards the 88 days agricultural work. I've emailed a lot of questions and been helped each time.

Hi Fiona,

We’re thrilled to hear that you’ve had so much help with everything from bank accounts, tax codes and job opportunities. We also love hearing that you’ve had all your questions answered for you along the way.

Best wishes from The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I had an excellent experience for the company Global Work and Travel Co. The only thing I would change with what I went through was the push-tactics of obtaining me to join. I called for information originally - and my hesitation was greeted with an intense amount of almost aggression. After that however, it was nothing but smooth sailing.

Hi Katie,

Thank you for choosing The Global Work & Travel Co. for your trip!

We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers, so we're sorry to hear that you found our services to be pushy rather than enthusiastic when initially signing up. However, we’re thrilled to hear you’ve had a 5-star experience with our team since which has been nothing but smooth sailing!

Thanks for travelling with The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Orientation was packed with information which has made the experience a lot easier than if I were to do it myself. Staff are extremely welcoming and helpful. Would definitely recommend Global Work & Travel to anyone interested in working overseas.

Hi Susan,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad to hear that our team was so helpful, welcoming and helpful upon your arrival and have made the experience a lot easier than if you were to do it yourself! We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Global Work and Travel have been extremely helpful from day one. They have answered all questions that I had to ask and have been very assertive the whole time. Everyone you speak to is extremely friendly and keep in contact regularly. They also made me feel very at ease when I arrived in Australia - even though my plans changed, they helped me to find different travel to suit where I wanted to be. I would definitely recommend this company for anyone that is looking to travel and they are always there to help if anything was to go wrong :)

Hi Amie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

We're thrilled to hear your feedback and that you had such a positive experience with our team from day one and that they were super helpful throughout the entire process with answering all your questions for you and making you feel very at ease as soon as you’d arrived.

Thanks from The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

As soon as I have been in contact with Global Work and Travel everything has been explained to me in detail. Any questions, any queries I have had, they have been there to answer. As soon as we arrived in Australia, we had transfer waiting for us at the airport which took us straight to the Hostel we were staying in. We had our orientation the next day, all of our sim cards, tax numbers and cards have been sorted, so have felt settled and at ease as soon as I arrived. THANK YOU GLOBAL WORK AND TRAVEL.

Hi Siana,

Thanks for taking the time to write a such a positive review!

We're super happy you had a great experience with our team who had you settled in and as ease as soon as you arrived in Australia. We’re thrilled to hear your feedback and that you’ve enjoyed everything from your trip inclusions to the fast and friendly customer service, as we pride ourselves on providing a world-leading service.

Best wishes from The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I would wholeheartedly recommend researching and organising your own working holiday. I thought that booking through an agency would alleviate the stress but that's all I've been doing since I placed my $700 deposit. I told the agency from before I placed the deposit that I'm a night shift worker with a 60hr week and contacting me is very difficult and would definitely only be able to take calls after midday as I finish work at 6am most days, otherwise via email would be fine.

I was continuously contacted in the morning and hounded to pay the remaining fee which I told them I couldn't do until a certain month when I would be back from a vacation (which I mentioned from day one). My trip coordinator left and I was given another one who hadn't been given any of this information. So for a third time I had to repeat myself and it was disregarded. I don't understand how I'm the customer paying for this product and I'm having to work around the company and be flexible and understanding for them.

You'd save a lot of money just doing it yourself and honestly, it's not as terrifying and horrible as you think, it just takes a little time researching and organising. I'm considering making a blog so other girls like me in their 20s or anyone who wants to do something incredible like move overseas can get the information free. I've literally learned nothing and gained no insight from Global Work and Travel.

The Global Work & Travel Co. response

Hi Emmeline, We're sorry to hear you feel this way about your experience with us! We truly get upset when we hear feedback like this, as it goes against our vision and purpose. We take all feedback seriously and are always looking to improve and help our travellers enjoy their time overseas. After looking at your profile and reviewing the call logs, it appears you were only called twice before midday, which we apologise for. After your Trip Coordinator was able to connect with you for the first time - a note was added not to contact you until after you returned from your holiday in November and not to contact you before 12pm.

We have strict deadlines for our intakes, which are due to things such as visa submission dates & cut offs, seasonal variables, intake capacity for our offices, and even flight limitations for some trips. Depending on the trip, these fill up especially quickly during peak periods, and on a first-in, first-served basis. He did try to make contact again because of this, but was unaware that you had extended your holiday, simply asking when would be the best time to reconnect and start planning your trip. It’s definitely best to discuss over the phone so they can run through everything in proper detail and ensure that you understand. We deeply apologise if you believe our enthusiasm to get you overseas came across as pushy, stressful or difficult.

We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers and we would like to hear more about your experience with us so we can address your concerns and make improvements where necessary. We would love it if you'd contact us on feedback@globalworkandtravel.com so we can try to rectify any further concerns you may have. Thanks.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I truly am grateful for Global's support for helping me start this epic journey I've always wanted to do. They walked me through step-by-step through everything I needed, kept it simple for me, and made sure I was getting everything done on time. If it weren't for them, I probably never would have started this great journey going through Australia, then Asia. They really made everything clear for me, and now I feel like I'm well informed and can work and travel in any country I want thanks to them. The team is awesome, with a great positive attitude and it was fun all along working with them to accomplish this dream I've always had. Thanks Global!

Hi Robert,

Thanks for choosing The Global Work & Travel Co. for your trip!

We’re so thrilled you’ve had an amazing start to your journey and we were able to finally make your dream a reality! We’re also glad to hear you had amazing support from the team who walked you through everything step-by-step too and answered all your questions along the way.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I’ve been traveling for the last 4 months and am so thankful to have a job straight away. Kirsty was super helpful with getting settled in the UK, making sure we know how to get bank accounts and how to go about using the NHS. Super helpful and now I can’t wait to get started!

Hi Alexandra,

We're so thrilled you had a 5-star experience with Kirsty and that she filled you in on everything you needed to know to ensure it was a smooth process.

We're over the moon that you had a great experience with us and thanks for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Global Work & Travel have helped me with setting up with a GWorld account and also helping me create a Australian CV so that people can look into employing me. They have also been so helpful with all of the information they have given me about things I need to know before entering Australia and also information while being out there. The staff are really friendly and very very helpful in any situation you need them and they are always a call away if you need them for anything such as, accommodation and setting up your phone whilst you're out in Australia. I would recommend Global Work & Travel Co to anyone that's thinking about a lifestyle change or just want to take a year out of what they're currently doing.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for choosing The Global Work & Travel Co. for your trip!

We’re so thrilled to hear you had a 5-star experience with our team and that they were so helpful with getting you set up and answering all your questions along the way.

We’re over the moon to hear that you'd recommend us around too.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Everyone has been very helpful for the past few months and I would recommend it! Everyone has been very nice and friendly. They helped with accommodations and work which was very stressful to think about upon arrival.

The Global Work & Travel Co. response

Thanks for the positive feedback, Andrew!

We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers, so we're over the moon to hear that you had a great experience with our whole team.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I have had so much good advice from the team especially Katlin, she has been more than helpful sorting out my opportunities and getting me the best offers. In the orientation Katlin was very welcoming and made me feel a lot better about everything because I did have doubts but now I feel so much better and at ease.

Hi Victoria,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad to hear Kaitlin was so helpful throughout the process and was able to put your mind at ease!

Thanks for travelling with The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I give The Global Work and Travel Co five stars because they've done everything they said they were going to do, were always in touch with me, and I can't currently think of anything they could have done better. The downside is it is pricey, but the price is reasonable since they do help you out for an entire year. It is up to other people to decide if going with Global is right for them, but I can say that this company is legitimate and they do what they say they will do. If anyone has any questions about my experience you can contact me through Facebook.

The Global Work & Travel Co. response

Thanks for the positive feedback, Elicia!

We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers, so we're over the moon to hear that you had a great experience with us!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Global Work & Travel Co. are amazing, they helped organize my job, visa and accommodation. They are always there to answer any questions I may have and my coordinator Alex has been nothing but amazing with all the vital information I needed along the way. I would highly recommend Global Work & Travel Co. to anyone wanting to travel to Canada!

Hi Abbie,

We're so thrilled you had a 5-star experience with Alex and that she filled you in on everything and answered all your questions along the way. We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

The Global Work & Travel Co. expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The Global Work & Travel Co. is an Australia-based youth travel organization that specializes in travel for people ages 18 to 30. With offices in the United Kingdom and Canada and over 1,200 travel partner organizations, you will get help with planning and logistics at every step of your journey.

• Experiences: Global arranges working holidays, adventures, volunteer assignments, internships and paid teaching and au pair appointments.

• Working destinations: Depending on the type of experience you want to have, you can work in Australia, Canada, the United States or the UK; you can also au pair in these countries plus New Zealand or Europe. If you’d rather intern, choose from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Italy, Spain, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand or Hong Kong.

• Volunteer destinations: You can volunteer in Africa, Asia, Central America, Europe, South America or the South Pacific or you can teach in Thailand, Peru, South Korea, Vietnam or Myanmar.

• Deposit guarantee: Global knows things sometimes come up in life that might make it hard for you to leave on a trip you’ve been planning. If you’ve paid your deposit, Global will hold it for you as long as it takes until you can go on your trip, and will even let you transfer the deposit to a different type of trip.

• Resources to help you choose: Global is an expert at youth travel, and wants to work with you to be sure you get the most out of your experience. Check out the location guides on their website or call a dedicated Work & Travel Expert to get started.

• Best for: people ages 18 to 30 who want to travel internationally.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs