4.7/5 (129 ratings)

About Global Work & Travel

Global Work & Travel is your ticket to see the world in a meaningful way. They offer Working Holidays, Au Pair opportunities, Volunteer trips and much much more. This range of trips allows their travellers to become more than just tourists and see the world in new and exciting ways. Global Work & Travel will help you find the ideal trip for you and will be there with unlimited support every step of the journey to ensure your experience is incredible.

Pros

• Large support network
  • Variety of options
  • Payment plans available

Cons

• Limited locations
  • Some trips can be pricey

Bottom Line

Global Work and Travel is an easy, safe way to travel the world while working or volunteering. It offers a variety of destinations and trip types and an extensive support network for travelers.

Top Global Work & Travel Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Everyone helping me plan my trip have been very helpful, friendly, welcoming, excited and positive while working with me to make my trip happen … I’m very happy with their service...

Verified

I’ve never been more excited and less stressed to travel in my life all thanks to Adrian from GWAT (Global Work and Travel). Within ten minutes of starting our phone call I alread...

How does Global Work and Travel work?

Global Work and Travel states its goal is to help you see the world, however you want it to happen. The company matches you with a trip coordinator and travel concierge who will arrange everything you need to start your trip. The company alsp provides unlimited local support when you reach your destination.

You can choose from a range of trips, including teaching English abroad, working holidays, au pair experiences, volunteer trips and overseas internships. The trips have a wide range of destinations, so most people can find a location that interests them.

Every trip comes with different features. Depending on your trip type, you’ll receive job interviews, host family matchings, accommodation support and whatever else you may need. Global Work and Travel also includes a range of inclusions to help you get settled into your destination.

Global Work and Travel prices

The cost of your trip with Global Work and Travel varies based on the type of trip and the destination. Trip costs range from $1,700 to $5,000, plus any travel expenses you may incur during your stay.

You pay a deposit upfront to be connected with your Trip Coordinator. They will assist you in setting up a budget to pay the remaining trip balance.

Every Global Work and Travel trip comes with the company's lifetime deposit guarantee. This lets you rearrange the dates, change your trip or gift your trip to a friend or family member, which provides flexibility if your plans change.

Global Work and Travel FAQ

Is Global Work and Travel safe?
Global Work and Travel strives to offer travelers a safe experience around the world. If you feel unsafe, contact its 24/7 emergency line for assistance.
What kind of travel does Global Work and Travel offer?
It offers trips for volunteers, teachers, workers on holiday, au pairs, interns and summer camp instructors. Different travel options are available for each location, so check the company’s website for available opportunities.
Where can I go with Global Work and Travel?
You can travel to many countries in the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Pacific. Check the company’s website for its currently available countries.
How long are Global Work and Travel trips?
The travel time depends on the type of trip and visa requirements in the destination country. Trips typically range from four weeks to six months.

Is Global Work and Travel legit?

Global Work and Travel is a legit way to travel and work without the hassle of making arrangements on your own. The company has been in operation since 2008 and has served thousands of travelers. The company offers trips to the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Pacific with plenty of opportunities for teachers, workers and volunteers. Global Work and Travel's trips can be expensive and don’t include many travel costs, but the company provides a significant amount of support and can help you arrange seasonal work to offset some of the expense. Its staff can help you with accommodations, adjusting to local life and other common travel concerns.

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Work & Travel?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

My experience with Global Work and travel was a very successful one. Their response rate is fantastic and I found the whole team to be extremely helpful, especially my main trip co-ordinator, Julian **. I was impressed with how quickly he answered any questions I had and really appreciated his re-assurance and problem solving during the COVID pandemic. I liked having someone there to assist you every step of the way. From confirming your trip, organising everything you need for your trip, to sorting out the flights and where to go once you are in the country. I felt I was well supported the whole way through which meant a lot to me as it was my first trip abroad alone. If this is your first time too, I strongly recommend traveling with this company!

I volunteered for the Costa Rica sloth & wildlife rescue sanctuary which I was expecting to do a lot more than was required. All we did was feed the animals, clear out their enclosures and rake leaves. Also it's illegal to take photos of an animal and human together which means NO SELFIES! As well as not being allowed to touch them, I found was quite disappointing. However I would say it's still the best way you'll see the wildlife up close. Especially the baby sloths!

Hi Maria!

We are so delighted to receive such a positive 5 star review from you about your Volunteer trip with us!

It is so great to hear you had such a great experience with us especially with your Trip Coordinator, Julian!

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your 5 star review :)

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

When I first thought about moving to England I was about 14. It had been something I wanted to do ever since then. So when I took a year off school this past summer I wasn’t sure what I was going to do with my year. I went up to one of my friends and I jokingly stated “ha ha what if I move to England.” At this point in time he said he would come with me. It was at this point that I began to take the trip seriously and actively look into how we can make it happen. This is when my mom sent me a link to Global Work And Travel that her friend's daughter had used to go to Paris through. I spent a couple days looking through the site and looking into logistics of such a large move.

After three days I had confirmed my decision and I have decided to move. That day we put our deposits down and begin the journey. We worked with several extremely dedicated kind and hard-working individuals from this company who helped us along the way. They helped us get our visas, get jobs, even settle in once we had arrived. I’m not sure I could’ve done it without Global Work And Travel, it was a lot more of a process than I had originally anticipated and they made it seamless. So would I recommend Global Work And Travel? Without hesitation, yes. They helped me to achieve a dream I have had for six years and I couldn’t be happier where I am right now.

Hi Sydney!

We are over the moon to hear how happy you are and a huge thank you for taking the time to write such a positive 5 star review of your experience.

We love hearing that you have achieved your dream of moving overseas & living in the UK!! We are so glad that our whole team were able to assist you along the way & answer all of your questions! We also love hearing that you would recommend us around too!

Enjoy your time in the UK, live it up & make sure to keep us updated on your adventures!!

Thanks for travelling with Global Work & Travel.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

I've almost finished my quarantine period in Thailand and so far (despite the pandemic) things have gone as smoothly as possible. My Global Work & Travel coordinator Julian has been such a support through the entire process, and he has always been quick to get back to me if anything needed clarifying or if I simply needed questions answered. He has been consistently kind and made me feel more confident than I ever could have been if trying to make a trip like this on my own. I'm so grateful to both Julian and the company, and am looking forward to the next stages of my trip.

Hi Ellie!

We are so incredibly happy to read your 5 star review! We love hearing such positive feedback about our team! It is so great to hear that your Trip Coordinator, Julian has been a great support for you through the entire process of your trip & answered all of your questions along the way! Now you are in Thailand, he will still be there if you need anything at all! We will be sure to pass this great feedback on to him as well!

Have a great time in Thailand, we can't wait to keep up to date with your adventures! Don't forget to share any pics on our socials!

Thanks for being a Global Traveller!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

My girlfriend and I used Global work and travel to help us get to Canada, with all borders closed and extra restrictions due to covid we felt it was the right move for us. Although there are some negative reviews I came across online I was initially considered however (and we can only speak of our personal experience) it couldn't have been further from the truth, the person we worked most with was Tiare who was our Canadian connect, she literally helped us with everything, from securing us job interviews, for which we have got employment in Banff on a ski resort with staff accommodation, to Assisting us with the visa process, I cannot stress enough that she helped us with every question and every obstacle we faced, from our experience we would highly recommend them to anyone looking to travel. Thank you. Steve and Manon

Hi Stephen!

Thank you for choosing Global Work & Travel for your Working Holiday Trip to Canada!

We're so thrilled you had a 5-star experience with our team, especially Tiare! It is great to hear that she was able to answer all of your questions before you arrived and sorted out an amazing job in Banff for you both! We also think she is pretty wonderful so will be sure to pass this positive feedback on to her!! We love hearing that you'd recommend us to everyone as well! :)

Enjoy your time in Canada, live it up & make sure to tag us in any posts on socials! We would love to see them & keep up to date with your adventures!

Thanks for travelling with Global Work & Travel.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

My experience overall with Global has been fantastic. On my home country's end there were a few hiccups but none that were trip stopping. I found that often Global were really interested in talking to me until they had received payment, and then it was like they didn’t want to know me. This was particularly evident when trying to pre book flights and travel insurance. So much so that it actually deterred me from booking travel insurance with you and I went to your provider directly.

I also found that there were specific instances where the global team back in Australia were not up to date with specific information. For example, VAC’s appointment availability, changing travel restrictions interstate and correct information regarding Covid testing. The most disappointing part of my experience with Global was when my travel concierge charged me $140 for my 2nd suitcase, only to tell me the day before I was leaving, that she could not book it for me and I had to do it myself. That money still has not been returned to me by the way. If you could look into that, it would be much appreciated.

Now onto the good stuff. I could not have done this without the help of Global. Sam was fantastic all the way through, so I must give her credit for her sunny disposition and general helpfulness and understanding. Ultimately it was was the willingness to help, the understanding and fantastic communication displayed by the team here in Vancouver that really sold me on the experience and got me over the line. I couldn’t have done it with them.

In particular I would like to mention the efforts of my travel coordinator, Anastasia. She has been my rock all the way through this experience, someone I could rely on and she never let me down. Her communication skills, knowledge and professionalism are second to none. In my humble opinion she deserves a pay rise or at least some recognition of her incredible efforts. What a fantastic team player you have here. Don’t lose her because her contributions are vital to the success of your company. Apart from what is previously mentioned above regarding a few negative experiences, my experience with Global has been overwhelmingly positive.

I do understand with the times we are in, doing what you do could not be easy, so I take my hat off to you for the amazing job you are all doing. If I could offer some overall constructive feedback I would offer that increased transparency, improved proactive communication and honesty (admitting when you don’t know something, or admitting to a mistake) would have improved my experience as a customer.

Other than that, I think it is a bloody miracle that a boy from Brisbane has made his way to Vancouver given the state of world right now, so thank you very much for looking after me! I am going to keep my relationship with global strong as I may book again a trip with you in future (to the UK) and may also send some of my friends your way as referrals! Once again, thank you for helping me realise my dream of coming to Canada!

Hi Riley!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 4 star review! We love receiving all feedback as it helps us to improve where needed!

Firstly, we are LOVING your pictures you have sent! It looks like you are having an incredible time already! We love hearing such positive feedback about Sam who was understanding & helpful all the way through! We are also over the moon to hear your feedback about Anastasia, we also think she is pretty amazing & will be sure to pass this feedback on to her! Our Arrival Coordinators are there to ensure you always have someone to go to for any questions and to make the process nice & smooth, so it is wonderful to hear that she has been your rock all the way through this experience & never let you down!!

However, we are sorry to hear if you feel like some of the team let you down! COVID restrictions & requirements are forever changing and our team are doing the absolute best to make sure they are on top of the information. We have taken the time to look into the issues regarding your luggage. In most circumstances you can add an extra bag of luggage on and there are no issues with this. Unfortunately, because your flight included a domestic flight it would not allow us to do this, which was picked up by our Travel Team. This was a mistake on our end and we do apologise for any inconvenience with this. Our team did call you as soon as they were aware of this and we can see that you will be receiving a refund for this.

We are so happy to hear that overall you have had a great experience with us & that we have assisted you on your travels to Canada! Please continue to send us through your incredible pictures & let us know all about your adventures too! We love hearing that you may book another trip with us in the future & recommend us to friends too!

Thank you for travelling with Global Work & Travel! :)

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Global Work and Travel have helped me on my exciting journey to Canada from Australia. They were extremely helpful in all aspects of my trip, including sorting out my visa, passport, flights, insurance, etc. I'd like to particularly thank Maria who was my travel coordinator. She helped me with any questions and concerns I had along the way with fast and friendly responses. She helped me find an amazing job in Revelstoke and continues to assist me along the way as new job opportunities arise. She met me with a warm and welcoming smile when I first arrived in Canada and taught me the basics on how to live comfortably during my stay in Canada. A huge thank you to the entire team at Global work and travel!

Hi David,

We are thrilled to hear that you have had such a great experience travelling to Canada with us! We love hearing that Maria was so helpful & answered all of your questions & that you got an amazing job in Revelstoke!

Make sure to share any incredible photos with us!

Thanks for travelling with Global Work & Travel!!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Jennifer was amazing very helpful, great and helpful, amazing, very very good. Yes recommended to anyone travelling. Yes very good, yes very recommended, yes very helpful and yes very good and helpful. Her presentation was extremely helpful.

Hi Connor,

Thanks so much for the 5 star review! We are so glad to hear that Jennifer was able to assist you with everything on your trip!

Have the best time on your Working Holiday!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Jennifer has been the best travel coordinator you could ask for. She has helped us every step of the way. During the orientation on the day we arrived in London, Ross also introduce himself, he made us feel extremely welcome and comfortable. Couldn’t have asked for a better experience.

Hi Kayla,

We are so delighted to hear you have had a great experience with our team , especially Jennifer & Ross! Our team will continue to be here every step of the way should you need anything!

Thanks from all of us at Global Work & Travel!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

Really laid back but very informative, every question answered. All members of staff extremely helpful, full of knowledge and easy to talk to. Made travelling to a different country has been made so much easier and no stress involved. Could not thank them enough.

Hi Adam!

We are so happy you have had a 5 star experience with our team! We love hearing how informative & helpful our team were!

We will continue to be here for anything you need on your trip :) Enjoy Canada!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

I had a great experience with the travel agents at global work and travel. My agent David was always very patient and kind and answered all my emails and calls straight away. I was always kept Update with all informational regarding my flights. I was very happy with all the help I received.

Hi Adele,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review! :)

We are so happy that David was there to answer all of your questions!

Thanks for travelling with Global Work & Travel!

Global Work & Travel Company Information