2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.48/5

Global Work & Travel is your ticket to see the world in a meaningful way. They offer Working Holidays, Au Pair opportunities, Volunteer trips and much much more. This range of trips allows their travellers to become more than just tourists and see the world in new and exciting ways. Global Work & Travel will help you find the ideal trip for you and will be there with unlimited support every step of the journey to ensure your experience is incredible.

Global Work & Travel Video

BOTTOM LINE

Global Work and Travel is an easy, safe way to travel the world while working or volunteering. It offers a variety of destinations and trip types and an extensive support network for travelers.

PROS

• Large support network
  • Variety of options
  • Payment plans available

CONS

• Limited locations
  • Some trips can be pricey

Top Global Work & Travel Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Work & Travel?

Everyone helping me plan my trip have been very helpful, friendly, welcoming, excited and positive while working with me to make my trip happen … I’m very happy with their services and would go through Global Work & Travel again in the future if I’m planning on another trip.

I’ve never been more excited and less stressed to travel in my life all thanks to Adrian from GWAT (Global Work and Travel). Within ten minutes of starting our phone call I already felt like I was welcome and most importantly well informed how this trip will work.

How does Global Work and Travel work?

Global Work and Travel states its goal is to help you see the world, however you want it to happen. The company matches you with a trip coordinator and travel concierge who will arrange everything you need to start your trip. The company alsp provides unlimited local support when you reach your destination.

You can choose from a range of trips, including teaching English abroad, working holidays, au pair experiences, volunteer trips and overseas internships. The trips have a wide range of destinations, so most people can find a location that interests them.

Every trip comes with different features. Depending on your trip type, you’ll receive job interviews, host family matchings, accommodation support and whatever else you may need. Global Work and Travel also includes a range of inclusions to help you get settled into your destination.

Global Work and Travel prices

The cost of your trip with Global Work and Travel varies based on the type of trip and the destination. Trip costs range from $1,700 to $5,000, plus any travel expenses you may incur during your stay.

You pay a deposit upfront to be connected with your Trip Coordinator. They will assist you in setting up a budget to pay the remaining trip balance.

Every Global Work and Travel trip comes with the company's lifetime deposit guarantee. This lets you rearrange the dates, change your trip or gift your trip to a friend or family member, which provides flexibility if your plans change.

Global Work and Travel FAQ

Is Global Work and Travel safe?
Global Work and Travel strives to offer travelers a safe experience around the world. If you feel unsafe, contact its 24/7 emergency line for assistance.
What kind of travel does Global Work and Travel offer?
It offers trips for volunteers, teachers, workers on holiday, au pairs, interns and summer camp instructors. Different travel options are available for each location, so check the company’s website for available opportunities.
Where can I go with Global Work and Travel?
You can travel to many countries in the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Pacific. Check the company’s website for its currently available countries.
How long are Global Work and Travel trips?
The travel time depends on the type of trip and visa requirements in the destination country. Trips typically range from four weeks to six months.

Is Global Work and Travel legit?

Global Work and Travel is a legit way to travel and work without the hassle of making arrangements on your own. The company has been in operation since 2008 and has served thousands of travelers. The company offers trips to the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Pacific with plenty of opportunities for teachers, workers and volunteers. Global Work and Travel's trips can be expensive and don’t include many travel costs, but the company provides a significant amount of support and can help you arrange seasonal work to offset some of the expense. Its staff can help you with accommodations, adjusting to local life and other common travel concerns.

Global Work & Travel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Work & Travel?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

I wish I could personally thank everyone at the Global team who helped me achieve this once in a lifetime experience. But I have to give my special thanks to the team who helped me with my big leap - Tiarna, Jaz and Vedrana. I have had my eyes open to a whole new different way of life, learnt new things and skills that I’ll be taking back home with me, met amazing new friends, interesting different people and I’ve also fallen deeply in love during my time here. The confidence I have gained within myself is something I can’t express in words.

I came from a small town where everything I needed was only minutes away, I knew everyone I saw and they knew me. I felt trapped, closed in, bored. There wasn’t a second thought when I started the process with Global and although I was upset and terrified to leave behind everything I knew and was comfortable with, I am so glad I did. I am so proud and happy of the person I have grown into. I couldn’t have done it without the help of the Global team and my family.

The team are beyond amazing, they kept in contact with me from the first inquiry phone call and answered every question I had (and lots of questions that my mum had to ask!) Of course I was skeptical at first, I wasn’t sure what I was getting myself into but I was constantly in touch with everyone from phone calls, to Skype calls or just emails keeping me up to date with everything. It soothed my worries straight away. I didn’t know where to start with getting a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa so having the team run through and tell me everything I needed to provide was a massive weight off my shoulders. They took care of all the stressful bits that come with organising life overseas, organising flights and transport from the airport to the hostel that they also arranged. They found me a job before I even left the country! Not once did I feel abandoned or left in the dark from the moment I left right up until even now, they still keep in contact with me.

I have fallen deeply in love during my time here, I have met the most amazing man. He has opened his arms and heart to me and has shown me his country, his home. I wouldn’t have been able to meet him if it wasn’t for Global. I really could write all day about how this experience has changed me as I’m sure everyone else could too. But this is something you need to experience yourself, and I can guarantee you won’t regret it!! I am beyond please with Global, they have done such an amazing job. Everyone should be proud.

Hi Dayna,

We are delighted to hear your feedback and the positive experience you have had, from our team being there to answer all your questions, assisting you with your visa and having your job lined up before you left your home country! We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers, so we're thrilled to hear our team was there to help you every step of the way, especially Tiarna, Jaz & Vedrana!

We love seeing your pictures and hearing about your trip and what an incredible journey it has been so far! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Thanks for travelling with Global Work & Travel!

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

Coming close to the end of my Canada working holiday, I wanted to leave a review to let everyone else know how much I appreciate these guys! Over the last 18 months, I have had constant contact with my travel agent - even through the covid-19 outbreak, I made the decision to stay in Alberta, and it was the best decision I ever did. While my friends went back to Australia, I decided to stay and wait it out. If you haven't already, I would recommend a summer in beautiful Banff, and enjoy the slopes in winter. I have already decided to go my UK visa through these guys again. They made it so easy and seamless. I had a job lined up before I even was on my plane to Canada. They made my dream a reality and I will always thank them for that!

Hello Shadelle,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such an incredible review. Getting feedback like this from our travellers is the reason why we got into this business. We're so glad you have had such an incredible trip with us to Canada and we're very much looking forward to helping you out on your next adventure as well!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

He was very excited for me. I hope that it’s all that he said it would be. Amazing opportunity and I’m glad that I will have global to hold my hand threw the whole experience. I liked how he remembered our previous day's conversation and was capable of getting answers to my questions. And how he explained that Global take care of all my flights and insurances. So I don’t have to stress about any of it. All I need to do it get my passport and arrive at airport on day of departure. And Florence Italy here I come. Great price at $5095 covering insurances and flights and getting me employment. Hooray.

Hello Faye,

We're so happy you had such a great experience with Jordan! We know that since you posted this review we have got in contact with you to clarify what you've said here, but we would just like to take this opportunity to reiterate for anyone who may be reading this review.

Unfortunately due to the fluctuating nature of air travel and insurance, we are unable to include them as part of the package. We hope that you are still satisfied with the huge range of inclusions that come with this trip anyway.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review. We very much look forward to setting up your trip to Italy!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

What can I say... Words just don't seem enough to express how great my Amazing Dynamic Duo (Trip Coordinator - Reece / Travel Concierge - Ashley) are. From the time the booking was made and notwithstanding we also have Covid-19 thrown into the mix and then all the way right through to me finally reaching my destination Prague, Czech Republic.

Throughout the entire time, my dynamic duo have always been extremely professional, courteous, helpful and and and... but above all they have gone above and beyond the call of duty in assisting me with all that I needed to do in making my dream become a reality and me landing in Prague especially during this crisis the world is now facing with the Covid-19.

Now I get to enjoy my birthday abroad in a new country that I have never really been to before. And so, I look forward to the new chapter in my life learning to teach abroad and embrace the new way of life in Prague! I would like to take this opportunity in giving my heartfelt thanks to both my Amazing Dynamic Duo (Trip Coordinator - Reece / Travel Concierge - Ashley) because without you, I would not be here in Prague right now... "THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!"

Hello Sonja,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a lovely review!
    We're so happy that we were able to assist you in getting over to Prague in such a trying time.

We know that you're going to have an absolutely incredible trip, and we'll be here for any help you may need along the way.

P.S HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

Since arriving in Australia for my working holiday I have been welcomed with open arms by the Global family. In the days prior to my departure from the UK my wonderful arrival coordinator Ashleigh was on the ball with helpful information to ensure my arrival went smoothly and helped ease my many, many worries (stress head alert haha).

I had my orientation at Global's beautiful Gold Coast headquarters the day after I arrived and had a lovely warm welcome and was made to feel at home. I got to meet Ashleigh in person and she helped me set up my sim card, tax number and gave me loads of helpful information along with vouchers to do the exciting activities at a time that suits me. I had my first job opportunity presented to me a week or so before leaving the UK and had my interview the day after arrival. While this was not the job for me, it was good to know there was potentially something for when I arrived.

While waiting for my next job opportunity Ashleigh has kept in touch and made sure I was up to date with everything as obviously it can take some time to hear back from partners. In the meantime I have been able to do the things I love including cuddling a koala, feeding kangaroos and even scuba diving! I email Ash most days and she is always thrilled to hear about my adventures and happy to help in any way.

I have since received my next job opportunity so fingers crossed! I know that Global have got my back and Ash (or anyone else for that matter) is just a phone call away if I have any worries at all. My advice to anyone considering working holiday (whether with Global or anyone else) is definitely to make sure you have plenty of money to do everything you want to do until you get a job because we never know how long it can take and it's much more fun to go out and do crazy things than sit in a hostel worrying about money.

All in all my experience has been super positive so far and I am sure it will continue. Trust me when I say I was skeptical at first (because hey, who isn't) and it seems like a lot of money to do something you could probably do cheaper yourself. However, when I consider all the support I have received (and will continue to receive) along with the peace of mind travelling through Global has given me I would definitely recommend it to anyone, especially if it is your first big adventure. Hopefully this helps someone! :-)

Hello Melissa,

Thank you so much for the lovely review. It's really great to know that you have had such a great experience with Global Work & Travel and Australia as a whole so far!

We've passed on the feedback to Ashleigh as well!

You should have a look at Sharing the Fun! There's a link on your gWorld account. You can share some photos and a review, make a video, or write a blog post and score yourself some pretty awesome rewards.

We hope you keep really enjoying Australia and good luck with your next job opportunity. We'll be here every step of the way.

Thanks again!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I have had nothing but a positive experience and have been dealt with with the upmost professionalisms from Vedrana, Lee and everyone else at the Global team and they’ve had moving across the world during a pandemic to be reunited with my girlfriend as smooth as possible and I really get the impression that they care which has meant a lot to me and my partner! Thank you - Jacob.

Hi Jacob,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such positive feedback!

We are thrilled to hear you have had a 5 star experience with the Global team, especially Vedrana & Lee! We are so glad you have been reunited with your girlfriend and the move went well! We hope you have an absolutely incredible trip, and remember, we'll be here every step of the way!

Thanks for travelling with Global Work & Travel!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

Firstly, my sister and I found the staff very nice and friendly, overall. Unfortunately, a lot of things we had to figure out on our own. They advertised really well compared to what they actually offer and do for you. We got to Surfer's paradise and were put into a hostel (Budd's in Surfer's backpackers resort) that was very run down, and had to share a room with 4 people, that would smoke ** in our room. After 4 nights, we had not found a place to live as it was in the middle of a crazy week in Surfer's Paradise called ''Schoolies'' and there were absolutely no rooms/apartments to rent out. That said, we had to jump from one Airbnb to another for 2 weeks, until we finally found a place that was overly expensive.

Global made it sound as though they would help us find a place but they only gave us a site: (**) where we got scammed and lost over $1000- Not the company's fault, just a kind warning to watch out for qualified scammers. :) We were offered very few and poor job opportunities, the same as all the other travelers we met. I have actually never written a review before, on anything, but felt compelled to let you all know how much money you could save up and visit awesome places in Australia, or wherever, instead of using it with this company. We met a lot of friends that were with global, and ALL of them, had the same negative feedback.

All in all, both my sister and I lost approx. $4000 for this company, and had many stressful days in our early stage in Australia, which was disappointing, considering we intended to avoid those by going with the company in the first place. Like I said, the workers were very nice, but we believe they work for a company that is money hungry, more than client-focused.

Hi Marieve,

We're so sorry to hear that you feel this way about your recent experience with Global Work & Travel. As a premium service provider we want to ensure all of our travellers are having a great time on their trip so we are saddened to receive this feedback as it goes against our vision and purpose. After looking through your profile we would like to go over some of your concerns in more detail.

We have to respectfully disagree with you in regards to our trips and what we advertise and offer. All of our travellers receive the same service and the same inclusions as what our website states. We absolutely do not advertise differently to what we offer.

One aspect of your trip is to have a dedicated Trip Coordinator. I can see your Trip Coordinator was in constant communication with you before you arrived and when you were in Australia. She was there to answer any questions you had via email and organised a video call with you to ensure you were fully prepared for your arrival.

Before you arrived in Australia you were presented with your job opportunity as a Kids Club Attendant in a resort on the Gold Coast. This was a Partner Organisation that we have worked with for many years and previous travellers have loved working there and made lifelong friends.

Once you arrived in Australia, we set you up with your first 4 nights of accommodation at a hostel in Surfers Paradise. This is in a 4 bed dorm so you are able to instantly make other friends and have a social network. Many of our travellers travel solo, so being in a shared dorm is the perfect way to make connections with like minded people. If you didn’t want to stay in a dorm, then you would have been able to request a private room with your Trip Coordinator. We receive great feedback from our travellers about this hostel due to the vibe and atmosphere there. It is disappointing to hear someone was smoking in your room as this is definitely not appropriate and we are hoping you brought this up with the reception staff.

Unfortunately there was a slight delay in our Partner Organisation confirming your start date, this can happen from time to time as they are a real employer and unexpected things can pop up. We understand your frustration with this, however they did get back to you 3 days after you arrived with a confirmed start date.

This role was on a casual basis but during the summer months you should get adequate hours to support yourself. You did express concerns about the hours so we organised another job opportunity for you based in another location of Australia but you wanted to stay on the Gold Coast. Throughout this time, your Trip Coordinator continued to stay in touch with you and assisted you with anything you needed.

The time of the year that you arrived can be busy, hostels and rentals can fill up fast. Your Trip Coordinator is here to give you advice on finding somewhere permanent to live, however it is up to you to go do the viewings yourself as you want to ensure it is a place you want to live. We are glad that you were able to find an AirBnB to stay in.

In January, you reached out to your Trip Coordinator as unfortunately your hours hadn’t picked up as much as you would have liked and you requested further assistance with another job interview. Two days later we had organised another interview for you here in Surfers Paradise at a restaurant. As you didn’t have much hospitality experience, your Trip Coordinator went above and beyond and got you both into the office to do some training with you on how to carry 3 plates and prepared you for your interview. You had your interview and were successful in getting a trial, however you didn’t turn up for your trial shift and your Trip Coordinator was not able to get a hold of you. This could have been a great opportunity for you both to learn new skills and start earning money.

After this, we still continued to try and assist you with job interviews. Unfortunately due to the horrific bushfires at the start of the year and COVID hitting in March there were very limited Partner Organisations hiring, which was completely out of our control. We do ask all travellers to be open minded to locations, however you both only wanted to stay on the Gold Coast which made it even more difficult to organise something further.

Throughout the start of the pandemic, your Trip Coordinator continued to stay in contact with you frequently and sent you through job links. We even offered to swap you over to our Au Pair Trip, however you decided it was time to go home.

We are a little bit confused by your 1 star review as after you returned home, you sent through a very positive email to your Trip Coordinator thanking her for all of her help and that you were very grateful for all of the assistance.

Again, we truly are sorry if your trip didn’t live up to your expectations, if you would like to discuss this matter further please don't hesitate to get in touch with feedback@globalworkandtravel.com.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

I couldn't recommend booking a working holiday or travel experience through Global Work & Travel enough! From the moment I enquired about my trip to finding a family to booking my flights, my experience with Global and their friendly, supportive and super helpful staff has been amazing! It's taken so much stress and anxiety out of trying to plan a trip to somewhere you've never been and in the middle of a pandemic! I can't thank the team that helped me along the way enough, especially Ashley my Travel Concierge, who always took the time to triple check everything and answer all the questions I had even if they seemed small or silly!

Global Work & Travel response

Thanks for the positive feedback Giordana!

We are delighted to hear that that you would recommend us to others! We pride ourselves on providing a premium service so we are so happy to hear that we were able to answer all your questions, especially Ashley! We will pass this positive feedback on to her!

Thanks for travelling with Global Work & Travel.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

Over the last I don’t know how long, I’ve been in the process for a Working Holiday in the UK. It has been one of the most stressful times but Stacey my travel concierge was absolutely incredible. She has been with me just about every step of the way even in as crazy times as now. She has kept me well informed and up to date with all the info I needed to know and provided me with all necessary details and more when I might not have understood. Thank you so much for your kindness, patience and dedication.

Hi Cherakee!

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review! We are over the moon you have had such a great experience with Stacey and she has been there every step of the way for you! We think she is pretty incredible as well and will pass your lovely feedback on!

We look forward to welcoming you into the UK soon! Have an incredible trip :)

Thanks for travelling with Global Work & Travel.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

Working with Global, particularly in COVID 19 times, has been incredible. Every step of the way Mikayla and even Ashley have answered my many questions, travel changes and supported me through the stress and confusion. I recommend 100% travelling with Global again in the future.

Hi Samantha!

We are so thrilled that you have had a 5-star experience with Mikayla & Ashley and they were able to answer all your questions along the way. We love hearing that you'd recommend us to others.

Global Work & Travel Company Information