2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

4.4/5 (46 ratings)

About Global Work & Travel

Global Work & Travel is your ticket to see the world in a meaningful way. They offer Working Holidays, Au Pair opportunities, Volunteer trips and much much more. This range of trips allows their travellers to become more than just tourists and see the world in new and exciting ways. Global Work & Travel will help you find the ideal trip for you and will be there with unlimited support every step of the journey to ensure your experience is incredible.

Pros

• Large support network
  • Variety of options
  • Payment plans available

Cons

• Limited locations
  • Some trips can be pricey

Bottom Line

Global Work and Travel is an easy, safe way to travel the world while working or volunteering. It offers a variety of destinations and trip types and an extensive support network for travelers.

Top Global Work & Travel Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Everyone helping me plan my trip have been very helpful, friendly, welcoming, excited and positive while working with me to make my trip happen … I’m very happy with their service...

Verified

I’ve never been more excited and less stressed to travel in my life all thanks to Adrian from GWAT (Global Work and Travel). Within ten minutes of starting our phone call I alread...

How does Global Work and Travel work?

Global Work and Travel states its goal is to help you see the world, however you want it to happen. The company matches you with a trip coordinator and travel concierge who will arrange everything you need to start your trip. The company alsp provides unlimited local support when you reach your destination.

You can choose from a range of trips, including teaching English abroad, working holidays, au pair experiences, volunteer trips and overseas internships. The trips have a wide range of destinations, so most people can find a location that interests them.

Every trip comes with different features. Depending on your trip type, you’ll receive job interviews, host family matchings, accommodation support and whatever else you may need. Global Work and Travel also includes a range of inclusions to help you get settled into your destination.

Global Work and Travel prices

The cost of your trip with Global Work and Travel varies based on the type of trip and the destination. Trip costs range from $1,700 to $5,000, plus any travel expenses you may incur during your stay.

You pay a deposit upfront to be connected with your Trip Coordinator. They will assist you in setting up a budget to pay the remaining trip balance.

Every Global Work and Travel trip comes with the company's lifetime deposit guarantee. This lets you rearrange the dates, change your trip or gift your trip to a friend or family member, which provides flexibility if your plans change.

Global Work and Travel FAQ

Is Global Work and Travel safe?
Global Work and Travel strives to offer travelers a safe experience around the world. If you feel unsafe, contact its 24/7 emergency line for assistance.
What kind of travel does Global Work and Travel offer?
It offers trips for volunteers, teachers, workers on holiday, au pairs, interns and summer camp instructors. Different travel options are available for each location, so check the company’s website for available opportunities.
Where can I go with Global Work and Travel?
You can travel to many countries in the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Pacific. Check the company’s website for its currently available countries.
How long are Global Work and Travel trips?
The travel time depends on the type of trip and visa requirements in the destination country. Trips typically range from four weeks to six months.

Is Global Work and Travel legit?

Global Work and Travel is a legit way to travel and work without the hassle of making arrangements on your own. The company has been in operation since 2008 and has served thousands of travelers. The company offers trips to the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Pacific with plenty of opportunities for teachers, workers and volunteers. Global Work and Travel's trips can be expensive and don’t include many travel costs, but the company provides a significant amount of support and can help you arrange seasonal work to offset some of the expense. Its staff can help you with accommodations, adjusting to local life and other common travel concerns.

Global Work & Travel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Work & Travel?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

My experience overall with Global has been fantastic. On my home country's end there were a few hiccups but none that were trip stopping. I found that often Global were really interested in talking to me until they had received payment, and then it was like they didn’t want to know me. This was particularly evident when trying to pre book flights and travel insurance. So much so that it actually deterred me from booking travel insurance with you and I went to your provider directly.

I also found that there were specific instances where the global team back in Australia were not up to date with specific information. For example, VAC’s appointment availability, changing travel restrictions interstate and correct information regarding Covid testing. The most disappointing part of my experience with Global was when my travel concierge charged me $140 for my 2nd suitcase, only to tell me the day before I was leaving, that she could not book it for me and I had to do it myself. That money still has not been returned to me by the way. If you could look into that, it would be much appreciated.

Now onto the good stuff. I could not have done this without the help of Global. Sam was fantastic all the way through, so I must give her credit for her sunny disposition and general helpfulness and understanding. Ultimately it was was the willingness to help, the understanding and fantastic communication displayed by the team here in Vancouver that really sold me on the experience and got me over the line. I couldn’t have done it with them.

In particular I would like to mention the efforts of my travel coordinator, Anastasia. She has been my rock all the way through this experience, someone I could rely on and she never let me down. Her communication skills, knowledge and professionalism are second to none. In my humble opinion she deserves a pay rise or at least some recognition of her incredible efforts. What a fantastic team player you have here. Don’t lose her because her contributions are vital to the success of your company. Apart from what is previously mentioned above regarding a few negative experiences, my experience with Global has been overwhelmingly positive.

I do understand with the times we are in, doing what you do could not be easy, so I take my hat off to you for the amazing job you are all doing. If I could offer some overall constructive feedback I would offer that increased transparency, improved proactive communication and honesty (admitting when you don’t know something, or admitting to a mistake) would have improved my experience as a customer.

Other than that, I think it is a bloody miracle that a boy from Brisbane has made his way to Vancouver given the state of world right now, so thank you very much for looking after me! I am going to keep my relationship with global strong as I may book again a trip with you in future (to the UK) and may also send some of my friends your way as referrals! Once again, thank you for helping me realise my dream of coming to Canada!

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I completed my 4 week TEFL course through Costa Rica TEFL, booked with Global Work and Travel, Julian at Global was very helpful from the start and has kept in contact throughout, although I decided to travel to Costa Rica sooner than the course started and booked this myself, Julian still gave some great advice. The course itself is extremely intense, you are required to work/study very long days into the evening and often required to work the weekends too to ensure you are ready for teaching the next week, my advice to future students would be to ensure you make time for your own wellbeing. The school is located in Samara and it is beautiful, it is a small seaside town with lots of restaurants, bars, coffee shops and surf shops. Myself and 3 other classmates have decided to stay in Samara whilst the other 6 students have all found teaching jobs elsewhere in Costa Rica.

Hi Danielle,

We are over the moon to receive your 5 star review. Thanks for the positive words about Julian, we love hearing that he was super helpful in getting you started & stayed in contact with you throughout your trip to Costa Rica! We will be sure to pass this great feedback on to him.

The school sounds like it is in an incredible location (we can just picture it & are very jealous). Sounds like you are living the dream & all set up with a group of friends!

Enjoy your time teaching in Costa Rica & we are here if you need anything!

Original review: May 26, 2021

Global Work and Travel has helped my dreams become a reality. I love that I was assignment a separate person for each stage of my journey (e.g. travel coordinator, arrival coordinator). Each person helping me on my journey from Global has been so friendly and helpful and has answered any question I had. I valued so much that they didn't throw everything at me all at once, and staggered each thing I needed to do, so I wasn't overwhelmed at the beginning.

However, one thing I would say is at the very beginning of my journey, I would have benefited from being given a costs list, with a breakdown of each cost, for example (biometrics etc.), as I did slightly go in blind and not really understand al the expenses that would come my way. Overall, I would recommend to anyone Global Work and Travel and would definitely say that the fee for letting Global help you is so worth it in the end, as without them helping me each step of the way, I would not be where I am now.

Hi Yasmin,

We are over the moon to receive this 5 star review from you! We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers so it is great to hear that the whole team here was able to help in making your travel dreams a reality! We think it really helps having two separate coordinators to discuss each aspect of your trip with so we are glad you found this helpful as well! We also love hearing that you would recommend us to others!

Thanks for travelling with Global & we hope you have the best time on your Working Holiday in Canada!

Original review: April 16, 2021

I had the pleasure of being able to work alongside Stacey who assisted with all enquirers I had and if she wasn't able to assist, she was more than helpful as she passed me to someone who could. Stacey provided all of the relevant information I needed for my trip and was very clear and easy to chat with. During COVID and trying to begin my trip with such a big headache holding me back Stacey kept up to date all relevant travel information, changing all of my plans completely from when we first started planning (Pre covid) herself and her team were able to adapt well to the change keeping me informed and constantly up to date. Even with all the new restrictions in place and all the extra steps I need to take, Global have made it the easiest process. I would recommend!!!

Hi Shaylee,

We are over the moon to hear what an incredible experience you have had with Stacey & the team at Global Work & Travel!

COVID has affected so many people, but we are so glad that we were able to make this stress-free, and change your travel plans to still suit you! We love hearing that you would recommend us as well!

We can't wait to continue being here every step of the way & assisting you with your travels! Thanks for choosing Global Work & Travel!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

I wish I could personally thank everyone at the Global team who helped me achieve this once in a lifetime experience. But I have to give my special thanks to the team who helped me with my big leap - Tiarna, Jaz and Vedrana. I have had my eyes open to a whole new different way of life, learnt new things and skills that I’ll be taking back home with me, met amazing new friends, interesting different people and I’ve also fallen deeply in love during my time here. The confidence I have gained within myself is something I can’t express in words.

I came from a small town where everything I needed was only minutes away, I knew everyone I saw and they knew me. I felt trapped, closed in, bored. There wasn’t a second thought when I started the process with Global and although I was upset and terrified to leave behind everything I knew and was comfortable with, I am so glad I did. I am so proud and happy of the person I have grown into. I couldn’t have done it without the help of the Global team and my family.

The team are beyond amazing, they kept in contact with me from the first inquiry phone call and answered every question I had (and lots of questions that my mum had to ask!) Of course I was skeptical at first, I wasn’t sure what I was getting myself into but I was constantly in touch with everyone from phone calls, to Skype calls or just emails keeping me up to date with everything. It soothed my worries straight away. I didn’t know where to start with getting a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa so having the team run through and tell me everything I needed to provide was a massive weight off my shoulders. They took care of all the stressful bits that come with organising life overseas, organising flights and transport from the airport to the hostel that they also arranged. They found me a job before I even left the country! Not once did I feel abandoned or left in the dark from the moment I left right up until even now, they still keep in contact with me.

I have fallen deeply in love during my time here, I have met the most amazing man. He has opened his arms and heart to me and has shown me his country, his home. I wouldn’t have been able to meet him if it wasn’t for Global. I really could write all day about how this experience has changed me as I’m sure everyone else could too. But this is something you need to experience yourself, and I can guarantee you won’t regret it!! I am beyond please with Global, they have done such an amazing job. Everyone should be proud.

Hi Dayna,

We are delighted to hear your feedback and the positive experience you have had, from our team being there to answer all your questions, assisting you with your visa and having your job lined up before you left your home country! We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers, so we're thrilled to hear our team was there to help you every step of the way, especially Tiarna, Jaz & Vedrana!

We love seeing your pictures and hearing about your trip and what an incredible journey it has been so far! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Thanks for travelling with Global Work & Travel!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

I have had such a great experience with Global. Ever since I first got in touch they have been nothing but helpful and have always gone that extra bit to make booking my trip as easy as possible, I will definitely be recommending them to anyone wanting to travel.

Hi Kieran!

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review!

It's so great to hear that the team have been so helpful with your trip and made it as easy as possible for you! We also love hearing that you'd recommend us to anyone wanting to travel as well!

We can't wait to hear about all of your adventures on your travels!

Thanks for travelling with Global Work & Travel!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

It was mediocre. I felt pressured to put money down to do the trip, although I am happy I did the trip and they were a tad flexible with me needing time to decide. Then I didn't hear from Global in a timely manner after I spent a few thousand dollars for the program. When I had difficulty with my VISA being returned on time because the Trip Coordinator, Ellyse didn't give me all the information when needed, it delayed me in getting my VISA, which added to the already difficulty with getting VISAs right now. I didn't feel she was the best source of resource as we were paying Global to assist in getting me to Spain for the teaching program. The TEFL Iberia coordinator was more helpful at getting us the information for our VISA and being accommodating since we missed a week of the course. I think Global is a great idea, but more assistance when paying someone for a service would have been appreciated.

Hi Janelle,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 3 star review and your feedback. As a premium service provider we always want to ensure all of our customers are having a great time on their trip & we appreciate all feedback, good or bad as it helps us to improve our service where needed.

Firstly, we are sorry to hear that you feel as though there was pressure to book your trip! We do have limited spots with all of our trips, even more so now due to COVID-19 so your original Work & Travel Expert would have been trying to make sure you didn’t miss out on when you wanted to go. We have had this happen a number of times in the past with previous customers.

From checking your profile it looks as though you were in regular contact with your Trip Coordinator, Ellyse. As a support & arrival service we do offer general visa guidance with all of our trips. Your Trip Coordinator provided you with our visa guide with step by step instructions on how to apply for your visa, this is a guide only as every consulate in the USA is different. It is up to each traveller to ensure they contact their closest consulate for confirmation of what documents are required as this can change frequently. We find this is the best way to give you the advice to save any wrong information being given.

The closest consulate near you did require you to get your documents apostilled and unfortunately this was delayed due to COVID-19 and was taking 2-3 months to process. There are some consulates in the USA where you don’t need documents apostilled & the process is slightly different, which is why it is important to contact the consulate for the correct advice. Unfortunately COVID-19 made the visa process more difficult than it should have been and your consulate was also not very responsive. We can completely understand how frustrating this would have been, however Ellyse did everything she could to inform you of the process.

It is really great to hear that our in-country partner was really helpful & gave you great advice. This is exactly what they are there for, to support you on your trip pre & post arrival.

We understand that you have also been in touch with Ellyse and she is there if you need anything further. It sounds like you are having a great time in Spain on your Paid Teaching Trip & we hope you continue enjoying all that Spain has to offer.

Once again, thank you so much for your feedback, we really appreciate it and we will be sure to take your feedback on board.

Thanks for travelling with Global Work & Travel! :)

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

All they do is make you feel more comfortable with moving away. You show up to a hostel which you completely overpay for. They give you all these “free events”. When you show up to the hostel those events+ more are all already free!? I went for three months relying on them to find me a job which did not happen. I had one interview for a corporate job that other professionals that studied in that field got over me. I had to end up finding a job on my own. MY ADVICE - save your $1000 just move to a hostel. When you show up you will meet sooooo many people easy. Get a job by making a resume and go around and hand them out. Use Seek, Indeed, recruitment agencies or other apps.

I met people from the hostel that worked at Global Work and Travel in the Gold Coast. They even said it’s a rip off and they feel like it’s a joke when they get “random” people over the phone to pay for pretty much nothing. (You even over pay for your flight! Use Sky Scanner or Kayak and you will get much cheaper flights than they offer.) Also they are sooo nice (fake) when you show up to the office in Gold Coast just show you basic directions of the city and stuff, all things you can find on Google. They tell you there’s plenty of jobs blah blah blah, Then right after as they stare at your screen they get everyone to fill out a review for their website, (when you’re all excited) that is the reason it has so many 5 stars.

Also from my experience, my “global coordinator” was always very nice on work hours asking all these questions over the phone to me, making sure I was paying, then I met in person at the office all good. I see her in public off of work hours and I’m like, "Hey how are you!" Got a eye roll and walks away like I was a hated old friend or something, like I was the last person she ever wanted to see! Just to get a call the next week “Hi Ryan!! How are you? hope you're well! How was your week?” SO FAKE! Definitely not happy with this company and have told almost everyone I know NOT to register with global, I felt like I was scammed! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review. Whilst certainly not what we like to hear, we appreciate being given your honest opinion.

As a premium service provider we want to ensure all of our travellers are having a great time on their trip so we are saddened to receive your feedback about your Working Holiday Trip to Australia. We have looked into your profile & we would like to go over some of your concerns, both for you and that of the public reader.

As an arrival & support service, this is exactly what we are here for. We want to ensure you feel supported & comfortable in moving to another country for a long time, as if things don’t work out it would be a large waste of time & money otherwise if you had to return home early (not to mention embarrassing). Our dedicated team is there from start to finish with your trip to answer any questions that you have and ensure you have a smooth arrival into a new country, taking out the stress of travelling on your own - not to mention the months of preparation and guidance before you even leave home.

Our Working Holiday Trip to Australia comes with a number of trip inclusions, such as initial accommodation, airport transfer, arrival activities, orientation session in our office, bank account set up, sim card, job interviews, ongoing support & so much more.

Your initial hostel accommodation was booked for you before you arrived at Surfers Paradise, and at one of the best properties in this city. As you mentioned, the hostel does organise different events for its guests too, so we are a bit confused by your statement about the free event.

We would like to clarify that we are not a recruitment agency, and as part of your trip, job interviews are just one inclusion to help kickstart your working holiday. We put you in touch with our Partner Organisations that are suitable for you based on your previous experience, it’s then your responsibility to attend the interview & get the job, like back home. We are unable to make any guarantees in terms of job types or inclusions as it does come down to our Partner Organisations hiring at the time, and of course how suitable you are for what they’re looking for. However, the very vast majority of our travellers get offered the job before landing & start working & earning money within days of their arrival.

We can see on your file that you were offered a number of different job interviews through your time in Australia, not just one. These job interviews were in a number of different fields such as sales, labouring, farming & even a ski resort. Unfortunately, you were unsuccessful with your first interview and then you declined your next one at a ski resort. You were also offered a role on a farm, however you did not turn up on the day that the partner had asked you & they then filled the role with someone else because of that. Your Trip Coordinator was in touch with you throughout your time in Australia & was always responsive to you.

You’re right that you can travel on your own and do your own research & hand out resumes when you arrive. Not for a minute do we deny this, just like you can also buy & cook your own meal instead of going to a restaurant, or cut your own hair with some cheap scissors instead of seeing a professional salon. But many of our customers, especially those who are travelling for their first time, find this process very difficult, or simply don’t want to do that and prefer to spend their time having fun and not being stressed when they land. And that’s exactly what we’re here for, to ensure that this process all goes smoothly and you don’t need to spend weeks handing out resumes, spending hours Googling, or having your parents worried that you’re going to run out of money and call them up for more (or return home early after travelling to the other side of the world).

Our trips do not come with flights however we do have a dedicated Travel Team who can book your flights & travel insurance for you. You can purchase your own flights online on these websites, however they are not flexible and most of the time you are unable to change them if you need to. Our flights are flexible fares which can be changed if needed, and 9 of 10 of our customers change their arrival date for numerous reasons and thus use this benefit.

We welcome all feedback about our trips, good or bad as it helps us improve where required. We ask for reviews throughout our customers’ journeys with us, from when they book their trip, while on their trip & when they have finished their trip. When our customers are in our office for orientation, we do ask for a review of their experience so far, this is up to the customer if they would like to write one or not, by then, customers have spent 3-12 months receiving a service from us, have made it here, and 99% of the time have passed their interview and are about to head off to their new job. We have thousands of reviews across a number of platforms, and you will find many of these reviews are from customers whilst they are on their trip having an incredible time, plus our Instagram is loaded with photos from real customers raving about their adventures.

After looking into your profile, we can see that you have brought these issues up before with your Trip Coordinator in March 2020. It was confirmed then with you, that your Trip Coordinator did not walk away from you and that she waved to you whilst in the supermarket. We are very proud of all of our Trip Coordinators here at Global Work & Travel and we can assure you that they are all very friendly and always happy to assist all of our travellers. They go above and beyond for all of our customers which you can see from all of our 5 star reviews where our team members are mentioned.

Once again, we’re sorry to hear this is how you feel about us but we do thank you for publishing your opinion, and giving us the opportunity to publicly respond as well. We wish you all the best for your future travels!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

If you book your trip with Global Work and Travel, expect it to cost more than what you see on their website. I've booked my Galapagos trip with them, and the trip itself has been great, but there are extra expenses that are to be expected, such as the flight, island hopping and booking another place to stay if you want, and paying $20 and $100 for another visitor's fee and entry into the Galapagos National Park. Also, my Travel Concierge booked my last stay in Quito, and didn't book accommodation.

Hi Joanne,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 3 star review! We appreciate all feedback from our customers and we pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all customers.

We are so happy to hear that your trip has been great so far! We would love to see any photos you have taken & don't forget to tag us on socials.

The costs for all of our trips are outlined on our website, we do also have a section on our website that outlines what extra costs you will have. Such as flights, travel insurance, spending money, souvenirs etc. These costs are also outlined to you prior to your trip starting. We are sorry if the costs were more than you were expecting.

We are a bit confused about your last sentence. Your last night was booked in Quito before you departed, there was some back and forth with our Travel Team to get this booked in before your trip but the night of accommodation was finalised before you arrived in the Galapagos.

Your Trip Coordinator is looking forward to speaking with you once you return home to have a catch up with you & discuss your trip.

We hope you enjoy the rest of your trip in the Galapagos! Thanks for travelling with Global Work & Travel!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

This company is terrible. They are withholding $1500 for a trip I am never going to be able to go on. I followed their instructions the entire way through and now will never be able to go on my dream trip and have been robbed of $1500. I will let anyone I know to never go with a company like this that has such disregard for people.

Hi Rebecca,

We're very saddened to receive this 1 star review from you. We would like to take this time to clarify some of your concerns.

We can see that you have been in communication with our cancellations team who have provided you with your options if you wish to cancel your trip. There are a number of costs involved behind the scenes when you book one of our trips. Rather than cancelling your trip completely and losing any money associated with it, we have offered you a 100% trip credit that can be used in the future towards any of our trips we offer. We think this is very reasonable and this is something that many travel companies are not offering. We completely understand that you may not want to travel now, however you are able to use this credit in the future when the time is right.

Once again, we are sorry to hear this is how you feel about us & we would love to help you on your travels! If you would like to discuss your concerns further please reach out to feedback@globalworkandtravel.com

Global Work & Travel Company Information