4.5/5 (69 ratings)

About Global Work & Travel

Global Work & Travel is your ticket to see the world in a meaningful way. They offer Working Holidays, Au Pair opportunities, Volunteer trips and much much more. This range of trips allows their travellers to become more than just tourists and see the world in new and exciting ways. Global Work & Travel will help you find the ideal trip for you and will be there with unlimited support every step of the journey to ensure your experience is incredible.

Pros

• Large support network
  • Variety of options
  • Payment plans available

Cons

• Limited locations
  • Some trips can be pricey

Bottom Line

Global Work and Travel is an easy, safe way to travel the world while working or volunteering. It offers a variety of destinations and trip types and an extensive support network for travelers.

Top Global Work & Travel Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Everyone helping me plan my trip have been very helpful, friendly, welcoming, excited and positive while working with me to make my trip happen … I’m very happy with their service...

Verified

I’ve never been more excited and less stressed to travel in my life all thanks to Adrian from GWAT (Global Work and Travel). Within ten minutes of starting our phone call I alread...

How does Global Work and Travel work?

Global Work and Travel states its goal is to help you see the world, however you want it to happen. The company matches you with a trip coordinator and travel concierge who will arrange everything you need to start your trip. The company alsp provides unlimited local support when you reach your destination.

You can choose from a range of trips, including teaching English abroad, working holidays, au pair experiences, volunteer trips and overseas internships. The trips have a wide range of destinations, so most people can find a location that interests them.

Every trip comes with different features. Depending on your trip type, you’ll receive job interviews, host family matchings, accommodation support and whatever else you may need. Global Work and Travel also includes a range of inclusions to help you get settled into your destination.

Global Work and Travel prices

The cost of your trip with Global Work and Travel varies based on the type of trip and the destination. Trip costs range from $1,700 to $5,000, plus any travel expenses you may incur during your stay.

You pay a deposit upfront to be connected with your Trip Coordinator. They will assist you in setting up a budget to pay the remaining trip balance.

Every Global Work and Travel trip comes with the company's lifetime deposit guarantee. This lets you rearrange the dates, change your trip or gift your trip to a friend or family member, which provides flexibility if your plans change.

Global Work and Travel FAQ

Is Global Work and Travel safe?
Global Work and Travel strives to offer travelers a safe experience around the world. If you feel unsafe, contact its 24/7 emergency line for assistance.
What kind of travel does Global Work and Travel offer?
It offers trips for volunteers, teachers, workers on holiday, au pairs, interns and summer camp instructors. Different travel options are available for each location, so check the company’s website for available opportunities.
Where can I go with Global Work and Travel?
You can travel to many countries in the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Pacific. Check the company’s website for its currently available countries.
How long are Global Work and Travel trips?
The travel time depends on the type of trip and visa requirements in the destination country. Trips typically range from four weeks to six months.

Is Global Work and Travel legit?

Global Work and Travel is a legit way to travel and work without the hassle of making arrangements on your own. The company has been in operation since 2008 and has served thousands of travelers. The company offers trips to the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Pacific with plenty of opportunities for teachers, workers and volunteers. Global Work and Travel's trips can be expensive and don’t include many travel costs, but the company provides a significant amount of support and can help you arrange seasonal work to offset some of the expense. Its staff can help you with accommodations, adjusting to local life and other common travel concerns.

Global Work & Travel Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Work & Travel?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

When I first thought about moving to England I was about 14. It had been something I wanted to do ever since then. So when I took a year off school this past summer I wasn’t sure what I was going to do with my year. I went up to one of my friends and I jokingly stated “ha ha what if I move to England.” At this point in time he said he would come with me. It was at this point that I began to take the trip seriously and actively look into how we can make it happen. This is when my mom sent me a link to Global Work And Travel that her friend's daughter had used to go to Paris through. I spent a couple days looking through the site and looking into logistics of such a large move.

After three days I had confirmed my decision and I have decided to move. That day we put our deposits down and begin the journey. We worked with several extremely dedicated kind and hard-working individuals from this company who helped us along the way. They helped us get our visas, get jobs, even settle in once we had arrived. I’m not sure I could’ve done it without Global Work And Travel, it was a lot more of a process than I had originally anticipated and they made it seamless. So would I recommend Global Work And Travel? Without hesitation, yes. They helped me to achieve a dream I have had for six years and I couldn’t be happier where I am right now.

Hi Sydney!

We are over the moon to hear how happy you are and a huge thank you for taking the time to write such a positive 5 star review of your experience.

We love hearing that you have achieved your dream of moving overseas & living in the UK!! We are so glad that our whole team were able to assist you along the way & answer all of your questions! We also love hearing that you would recommend us around too!

Enjoy your time in the UK, live it up & make sure to keep us updated on your adventures!!

Thanks for travelling with Global Work & Travel.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

My girlfriend and I used Global work and travel to help us get to Canada, with all borders closed and extra restrictions due to covid we felt it was the right move for us. Although there are some negative reviews I came across online I was initially considered however (and we can only speak of our personal experience) it couldn't have been further from the truth, the person we worked most with was Tiare who was our Canadian connect, she literally helped us with everything, from securing us job interviews, for which we have got employment in Banff on a ski resort with staff accommodation, to Assisting us with the visa process, I cannot stress enough that she helped us with every question and every obstacle we faced, from our experience we would highly recommend them to anyone looking to travel. Thank you. Steve and Manon

Hi Stephen!

Thank you for choosing Global Work & Travel for your Working Holiday Trip to Canada!

We're so thrilled you had a 5-star experience with our team, especially Tiare! It is great to hear that she was able to answer all of your questions before you arrived and sorted out an amazing job in Banff for you both! We also think she is pretty wonderful so will be sure to pass this positive feedback on to her!! We love hearing that you'd recommend us to everyone as well! :)

Enjoy your time in Canada, live it up & make sure to tag us in any posts on socials! We would love to see them & keep up to date with your adventures!

Thanks for travelling with Global Work & Travel.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

My experience overall with Global has been fantastic. On my home country's end there were a few hiccups but none that were trip stopping. I found that often Global were really interested in talking to me until they had received payment, and then it was like they didn’t want to know me. This was particularly evident when trying to pre book flights and travel insurance. So much so that it actually deterred me from booking travel insurance with you and I went to your provider directly.

I also found that there were specific instances where the global team back in Australia were not up to date with specific information. For example, VAC’s appointment availability, changing travel restrictions interstate and correct information regarding Covid testing. The most disappointing part of my experience with Global was when my travel concierge charged me $140 for my 2nd suitcase, only to tell me the day before I was leaving, that she could not book it for me and I had to do it myself. That money still has not been returned to me by the way. If you could look into that, it would be much appreciated.

Now onto the good stuff. I could not have done this without the help of Global. Sam was fantastic all the way through, so I must give her credit for her sunny disposition and general helpfulness and understanding. Ultimately it was was the willingness to help, the understanding and fantastic communication displayed by the team here in Vancouver that really sold me on the experience and got me over the line. I couldn’t have done it with them.

In particular I would like to mention the efforts of my travel coordinator, Anastasia. She has been my rock all the way through this experience, someone I could rely on and she never let me down. Her communication skills, knowledge and professionalism are second to none. In my humble opinion she deserves a pay rise or at least some recognition of her incredible efforts. What a fantastic team player you have here. Don’t lose her because her contributions are vital to the success of your company. Apart from what is previously mentioned above regarding a few negative experiences, my experience with Global has been overwhelmingly positive.

I do understand with the times we are in, doing what you do could not be easy, so I take my hat off to you for the amazing job you are all doing. If I could offer some overall constructive feedback I would offer that increased transparency, improved proactive communication and honesty (admitting when you don’t know something, or admitting to a mistake) would have improved my experience as a customer.

Other than that, I think it is a bloody miracle that a boy from Brisbane has made his way to Vancouver given the state of world right now, so thank you very much for looking after me! I am going to keep my relationship with global strong as I may book again a trip with you in future (to the UK) and may also send some of my friends your way as referrals! Once again, thank you for helping me realise my dream of coming to Canada!

Hi Riley!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 4 star review! We love receiving all feedback as it helps us to improve where needed!

Firstly, we are LOVING your pictures you have sent! It looks like you are having an incredible time already! We love hearing such positive feedback about Sam who was understanding & helpful all the way through! We are also over the moon to hear your feedback about Anastasia, we also think she is pretty amazing & will be sure to pass this feedback on to her! Our Arrival Coordinators are there to ensure you always have someone to go to for any questions and to make the process nice & smooth, so it is wonderful to hear that she has been your rock all the way through this experience & never let you down!!

However, we are sorry to hear if you feel like some of the team let you down! COVID restrictions & requirements are forever changing and our team are doing the absolute best to make sure they are on top of the information. We have taken the time to look into the issues regarding your luggage. In most circumstances you can add an extra bag of luggage on and there are no issues with this. Unfortunately, because your flight included a domestic flight it would not allow us to do this, which was picked up by our Travel Team. This was a mistake on our end and we do apologise for any inconvenience with this. Our team did call you as soon as they were aware of this and we can see that you will be receiving a refund for this.

We are so happy to hear that overall you have had a great experience with us & that we have assisted you on your travels to Canada! Please continue to send us through your incredible pictures & let us know all about your adventures too! We love hearing that you may book another trip with us in the future & recommend us to friends too!

Thank you for travelling with Global Work & Travel! :)

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I completed my 4 week TEFL course through Costa Rica TEFL, booked with Global Work and Travel, Julian at Global was very helpful from the start and has kept in contact throughout, although I decided to travel to Costa Rica sooner than the course started and booked this myself, Julian still gave some great advice. The course itself is extremely intense, you are required to work/study very long days into the evening and often required to work the weekends too to ensure you are ready for teaching the next week, my advice to future students would be to ensure you make time for your own wellbeing. The school is located in Samara and it is beautiful, it is a small seaside town with lots of restaurants, bars, coffee shops and surf shops. Myself and 3 other classmates have decided to stay in Samara whilst the other 6 students have all found teaching jobs elsewhere in Costa Rica.

Hi Danielle,

We are over the moon to receive your 5 star review. Thanks for the positive words about Julian, we love hearing that he was super helpful in getting you started & stayed in contact with you throughout your trip to Costa Rica! We will be sure to pass this great feedback on to him.

The school sounds like it is in an incredible location (we can just picture it & are very jealous). Sounds like you are living the dream & all set up with a group of friends!

Enjoy your time teaching in Costa Rica & we are here if you need anything!

Original review: May 26, 2021

Global Work and Travel has helped my dreams become a reality. I love that I was assignment a separate person for each stage of my journey (e.g. travel coordinator, arrival coordinator). Each person helping me on my journey from Global has been so friendly and helpful and has answered any question I had. I valued so much that they didn't throw everything at me all at once, and staggered each thing I needed to do, so I wasn't overwhelmed at the beginning.

However, one thing I would say is at the very beginning of my journey, I would have benefited from being given a costs list, with a breakdown of each cost, for example (biometrics etc.), as I did slightly go in blind and not really understand al the expenses that would come my way. Overall, I would recommend to anyone Global Work and Travel and would definitely say that the fee for letting Global help you is so worth it in the end, as without them helping me each step of the way, I would not be where I am now.

Hi Yasmin,

We are over the moon to receive this 5 star review from you! We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers so it is great to hear that the whole team here was able to help in making your travel dreams a reality! We think it really helps having two separate coordinators to discuss each aspect of your trip with so we are glad you found this helpful as well! We also love hearing that you would recommend us to others!

Thanks for travelling with Global & we hope you have the best time on your Working Holiday in Canada!

Original review: May 13, 2022

I was a little anxious at first about going through a company to organise my working holiday, but I am so glad I did. Stacey has been amazing helping me organise my flights, getting me to my destination easily and safely. I’m very excited to be starting my Working Holiday experience and highly recommend others to go with the Global team.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Through and through, yet a long waited process. The team at Global remains a very passionate bunch in helping you reach the places you never quite thought to get around to! From first call to the last, they really ensure just about all basis are checked off on your to-do list before arriving in your desired land of wonders! As I would like to give thanks to the team for truly making the jump a smooth transition. I am very grateful to have been given a couple thoughtful coordinators such as Kim and Amelia for all their help and constantly touching base along my journey! I recommend the Global Travel program as once in a lifetime opportunity!

Original review: April 8, 2022

When booking a trip with this company (which I was forced to as they took the money from my travel partner before discussing it with me), no one knew how bad COVID was going to get. A few months after paying, the entire world shut down and even that wasn't a good enough excuse for Global to give our money back to us. They have stolen over $2000 from me and refuse to give it back by claiming that "I knew what I was getting into with their COVID policy" - no. No, I didn't. No one did. Then I get told one thing by an online coordinator, the very next day I get told something else and thus my G-World account (holding my money) is deactivated.

Rethink everything you know about this company and be smart - book everything yourself. Save thousands of dollars by using different companies or organising things yourself by asking around travel groups. Trust me - it is NOT worth the effort to book with Global and then everything being cancelled due to COVID and then you've lost 2 grand. Please search around and take note of how many people review the company 5 stars BEFORE they even leave - Global has an initiative for discounts for reviews.

Hi Emilee,

We have replied to your review on another site more in depth but also wanted to cover your concerns here too. Once again we are saddened to receive this review from you as it goes against our vision and purpose.

Firstly, we do not offer any discounts on our trips in exchange for a good review, this is a completely false accusation. We collect reviews from all of our customers throughout their entire trip, from the initial booking stage, pre arrival and when our customers arrive in-country. We have over 11,000 reviews across a number of review platforms, as you can see they are all throughout different stages of their trip including many customers who have arrived in their destination country, and many who have returned home after their full experience and reviewed us.

We would like to clarify that you absolutely did have a choice with booking a trip with us. We in no way can force someone to put their trip deposit down and complete their booking terms and conditions. Your friend reached out to us for more information on our trips, our team called her as requested and registered her for our Working Holiday Trip. She put her trip deposit down and referred you to us. We then called you to ensure you qualified for our trip and went through all the details with you. If you did not want to travel with us, you definitely did not have to register for the trip. Our trip deposits are non-refundable as you have mentioned in your review and we do make this clear throughout the booking process where you must tick a box to confirm you understand and this is also outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

You first registered for your trip on July 28th, 2020, by this time we were in the middle of the pandemic and a lot of the world had already been in a lockdown for a few months. During your booking process, we made it very clear what our COVID policy was, and we confirmed that no one could predict what the pandemic would bring about, but that you understood there was a pandemic, it could affect your trip in a variety of ways, we would work with you to overcome as many COVID issues as possible, but that we wouldn’t be able to provide 100% refunds should you wish to cancel due to COVID. At no point in time did we say you should have known the full effects of COVID, but that it was unpredictable, and by booking a trip with us during a pandemic, you couldn’t try to hold us liable for the result of the pandemic, which you have attempted to do. Had you not personally confirmed your understanding and agreed to this, we would never have accepted your registration request. Our terms and conditions must be read by yourself, and you confirmed you were happy to move forward and personally confirmed that you understood & agreed to them. No one knew how long COVID would go on for or what it would entail, including the CDC, or any other organisation or government body, but to ensure you were aware of potential outcomes and to give you time to think about whether you wanted to book travel during a pandemic, we updated our booking terms and conditions for anyone such as yourself, who was booking in the middle of a pandemic, to ensure you were aware of what it might entail and that it could affect your trip. From here, you paid your trip off in two installments over the next two weeks.

We understand that you have spoken with our support team who have already reviewed your concerns thoroughly. They have offered you a 50% refund of your trip balance in line with your booking terms & conditions or a 100% trip credit that can be used towards our trips. There is a lot that happens behind the scenes after booking a trip with us which is why we are unable to provide full refunds. Both options you have been given are very reasonable, are in line with your booking terms and conditions, and are in line with the agreement you made with us when you first requested to register for your trip during a pandemic.

Once again, we are sorry to hear that this is how you feel, but we want to thank you for taking the time to leave your opinion of your experience and for also allowing us the opportunity to respond as well. We wish you all the best for your future travels Emilee!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2022

I have recently just started my English teaching experience here in South Korea. Ellen was an amazing help with everything leading up to me flying out of New Zealand. She always replied fast and made sure that I had everything I needed. She also made phone calls to see how I was doing and if I had any questions. I highly recommend Global Work & Travel, they're an amazing company that offers amazing support.

Hi Jovanna!

We are delighted to hear how happy you are and a huge thank you for taking the time to write such a positive 5 star review of your experience. We love hearing how great Ellen was in the lead up to your trip by answering all of your questions and checking in with you! :)

Enjoy your time in South Korea! :)

Thank you from all of us at Global Work & Travel!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2022

At first, I was skeptical about going through an organisation to complete my travel arrangements, flights etc because I had always thought it’d be overpriced but then I came across Global work travel and within the first phone call that you receive after enquiring about a certain trip, they were just super honest, helpful and communicated really well throughout the transition process. My stress and worries were all taken care of once I got started with global work travel. I had Tammy as my travel concierge and I can definitely say, if it wasn’t for her help I’d still be questioning whether or not I should go. Tammy took care of all the stressful processes and communicated all the info in great detail right up until departure. Overall, amazing organisation.

Hi Zakaria,

Thank you for choosing to travel with Global Work & Travel!

We're so thrilled you had a 5-star experience with Global & especially you Travel Concierge Tammy! We love hearing such positive feedback about your trip & that our team were able to answer all of your questions so you were fully prepared for your travels!

Thanks from all of us at Global Work & Travel!!

Global Work & Travel Company Information