It's that easy Request Information
4.67/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Headquartered in sunny Surfers Paradise, Australia and with offices in Canada and the UK, we've grown to offer a plethora of world-leading meaningful travel experiences to over 40 countries in the world and counting! There's literally an experience to choose from for everyone, and with 100 employees globally and a 24/7 support line, you can count on us to be there.

Visit globalworkandtravel.com to find out more!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1557 The Global Work & Travel Co. Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: May 31, 2019

I began this experience last year and have found for the most part Global Work and Travel to be a brilliant company with especially exceptional staff. I worked with Chloe who couldn't do enough for me, despite a barrage of questions! I had to change my leaving date due to a family wedding which was an easy process. I also found the information accessible and clear which was most appreciated when dealing with the immigration process, tax etc.

My only issue with the process is with a lack of options in job choices. It is highly recommended you accept the first job that you are given and for myself I found the lack of option slightly jarring. I also found waiting so long to know where in Australia I was going to be quite a stressful experience. This is a personal preference but I think I would have liked to have had slightly more control over where and when I get a job. Overall I would highly recommend this company, especially if you are a young or inexperienced traveler. As a more seasoned traveller I found the lack of control over direction was quite tricky, there is however no obligation to go with your first job and you are also able to get your own! Thanks again for all the help!

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such pleasant feedback!

We are so glad your Work & Travel Expert Chloe was so helpful and answered all your questions for you. We do try our best to find jobs for our Global Travellers and we're glad to hear that your experience was brilliant overall.

We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

Thanks for travelling with The Global Work & Travel Co.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I have always wanted to go to Australia, and recently I got the opportunity to do so. I decided to make a big change to my life and travel the world, this included backpacking for 3 months through Europe and Asia. Wanting to have it all it became apparent I had a lot of work and a lot of planning ahead of me. All of this while also holding down a very intensive job in a high end restaurant in the Canadian Rockies. Having no clue how to go through the process of getting an Australian visa, setting up bank accounts or getting a job I knew I would need a great deal of help. That's when I decided to go with Global.

With their help I was able to plan my own backpacking trip while leaving the Australian side of my travels to them. Much of the work being done for me allowed me to make the last 4 months of traveling the adventure of a lifetime, all without pulling my hair out with the amount of stress that goes into planning my travel, planning my move and work. By far the best move I made for a move to Australia.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review!

We're super happy you had a great experience and we’re thrilled to hear your feedback about your Working Holiday trip in Australia, as we pride ourselves on providing a world-leading service.

Best wishes from The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I have been super happy with my experience with Global, it did make things so much easier to get my job and book everything with ease. One thing I didn't like was having to book my flights through them as it was basically double what I could of paid if I had done it myself. She made it out as if It was the only way to do, so I was able to change flights if I needed too (as its a flexi flight) and if my job date suddenly changed id have to have 6 weeks accommodation funds to support myself... But I feel like I should of just waited for the job start date and I would of been fine and my job start date hasn't changed at all. So I could of saved like $800 and put that towards my trip. That's one fault that I have and the way the girl that booked my flights spoke to me via email was very passive aggressive like she was annoyed I was even questioning her about the cost.

Surely most people have questions as to what their money is going to especially such a large amount. Her name, was Ashley. And as soon as I paid for the flights she changed her attitude and was super nice. Alex has been kind and helpful the entire time and answered every question I asked. All round an 8/10 experience. Would recommend. :)

Hi Charlotte,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

We're super happy you had a great experience with Alex and we’re thrilled to hear your feedback about how much easier we've been about to make your trip for you, as we pride ourselves on providing a world-leading service.

However, we're sorry to hear you feel this way about your experience with our travel team. We would like to discuss your concerns further as we will gladly take on board your feedback as we are continuously focused on improving our services & customer experience. We'd love to hear any feedback you have, which we encourage you to send to feedback@globalworkandtravel.com.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I’ve been thinking of traveling to Australia for a while now and I come across The GWAT Company and thought I’d just give them a call to see what it’s all about! I spoke to a women call Eve. She was so helpful and answered all the questions I needed to ask and soon got my working holiday on the way to Australia! Eve made everything she explained so clear and would strongly recommend her to friends and family who are looking to do the same as me! The support I got off this lovely women was incredible, she was really bubbly and had good enthusiasm! I couldn’t of asked for better service! Would just like to say how thankful I am for the support she gave me!

Hi Harrison,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad your Work & Travel Expert Eve was so helpful, answered all your questions for you and got your dream of a Working Holiday in Australia up and running. We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

Thanks for travelling with The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

In the earlier phases of planning my trip I found that having an agency to assist my travels extremely helpful in getting me out of Canada. This has been my first time travelling alone, and I really don't think I would have stuck to my plan of moving overseas if I had not had the assistance of Global. Once I had arrived in Australia, I became overwhelmed with the significance of my move. Not knowing what else to do, I came into the Global office and spoke with the Global members. They assured me that travelling for anyone is stressful, but that I should get some food and sleep before I make a decision to go home. I'm very thankful, because if not, I would probably be back in Canada now, and would have missed out on this opportunity.

Hi Megan,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review!

We're super happy you had a great experience with our wonderful team and we’re thrilled to hear your feedback, as we pride ourselves on providing a world-leading service.

Best wishes from The Global Work & Travel Co.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Global Work & Travel Co.?

Original review: June 17, 2019

Very friendly and helpful, Made the whole experience very stress free, fun and easy. Would recommend to anyone, especially first time travelers. Cannot wait to continue my journey in Australia, especially with the help of Global Work and Travel. Olivia has been great, answered every question happily and did not hesitate to help with any other issues that I have.

Original review: June 17, 2019

Staff has been very friendly, and is very relaxed and responds rather quickly to messages, phone calls, and emails. They have been rather transparent and have shown interest in continuing to keep in touch and encourages all their travellers to keep in touch. On occasion I have found them to be a little pestering, however one can expect that from a professional organisation that needs to keep things up to date and moving forward. Overall satisfied with presentation and customer service/care.

Original review: June 17, 2019

Moving to a new country is nervewracking, and the biggest thing for me was the job opportunities. Chloe was able to come through for me and set me up with an interview with an opportunity that was exactly what i was looking for in the area that I was most interested in. Looking forward to the rest of my time with Global while I'm on working holiday.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Honestly, when I started out on my adventure, I was absolutely clueless as to how to go about it. But the staff members’ patience with me has been phenomenal as they answered the randomest of questions. The only slight issues I had was the insistence on paying NOW and also not being told roughly how much the total trip would cost (passport, flights, insurance, Global itself... having a rough idea would have been great to know from the start). I would give four and a half stars if possible, but I think they’re closer to five than just four... Otherwise, they did a fantastic job of getting clueless, young, inexperienced me ready and thoroughly excited about my trip of a lifetime!!

Original review: June 12, 2019

Kirsty was always really helpful and helped us out with all our enquires. I’m glad I had her as my coordinator because she helped me with everything and told us how we could get to places and what would be the best place to see before we started work.

Original review: June 12, 2019

The orientation with Kirsty was awesome! Everything was explained so well, and was extremely reassuring with everything! Coming to a foreign country not knowing anyone she made me feel so welcome!! It was also so good to sit in a room with people who are staying in the same hostel as you so you can get to know some familiar faces!

Original review: June 12, 2019

I’ve always wanted to travel around however the thought of going SOLO was SCARY!! I’m literally so thankful for ALL that Global has done for me! There’s so many behind the scene actions that I don’t have to worry about/literally didn’t know about! Every penny I invested into Global was well worth it! I highly recommend them!

Original review: June 12, 2019

Kirsty was a fantastic introduction to UK and Europe culture. She is approachable and understanding and more than willing to give helpful tips from experience. Would highly recommend her services to friends and family who also plan to use this company.

Original review: June 8, 2019

My partner and I signed up with Global a couple of years ago. We have been saving for our trip ever since our first interaction. We had complete faith in Global and had heard only great things. Unfortunately as our trip got closer and closer and we relied on Global more and more we became more dissatisfied with their service. I just want to point out that our trip coordinator Eimear was fantastic. Not faults there. We really struggled with getting our visas. We were sent a multiple page document on how to get them, however anytime we ran into a problem and couldn't locate the answer on the handout, we asked for help and we were referred to this document.

I asked Global for some advice on doctors and specialist in the area we were moving to, only to be told they cannot help me with that. We paid a lot of money for their expertise so we were quite disappointed that time couldn't be put in to help us with something very important to us. Without knowing what the health care system was like in our country of choice we purchased a 12 month insurance plan each that cost over $2,000 for the year. Only to find out upon arrival that we are eligible for free health care in our new town. I would not have paid so much for insurance knowing I was covered. When it came time to interview for our jobs via Skype, the selected time we could not attend due to working full time. We were told if we did not attend the selected time then we won't be guaranteed another opportunity.

We also wanted to source our own flights due to the cost quoted by Global for a flexible 1 way flight. We would told we may lose our included hostel nights and won't be assisted by Global if our chosen flight and job timing doesn't line up. You pay all this money and as soon as you wish to pick a cheaper alternative option, you are left with no support. I would like to hope assisting your current customers is more important than commission. I could go on for a while however the above is the main reason we are disappointed with global. We only hope our experience will improve throughout our journey and if that is the case I will adjust my review. Thanks again to Eimear who has been very helpful throughout our Global journey.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I'd just like to say a big thanks to Jaz. She has help me thru everything and she was always checking up and making sure everything was ok, whether thru email or a phone call. She always came across really energetic and happy. She has really gone above and beyond my expectation. Thanks Corey.

Hi Corey,

Thank you for choosing The Global Work & Travel Co. for your trip!

We're so thrilled you had a 5-star experience with Jaz and that she went above and beyond what you expected!

We're over the moon that you had a great experience with us. Enjoy your trip.

Original review: June 3, 2019

Worked with Kirsty and Katy. Was reasonably happy with the service, did find a lot the time I found the whole process confusing, thought working with a company would help remove this confusion. I did find them helpful when finding a job, that was quite quick and easy. All the information in orientation was quite helpful and I think it has been an overall okay experience.

Hi Monique,

We are glad your Work & Travel Expert Kirsty and Katy were so helpful in finding you a job. Our Experts do work very hard to ensure that you are very happy with the experience they provide.

We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers and removing stress and uncertainty, so we are quite disappointed to hear you still found the process confusing despite the 4/5 star review.

Original review: June 3, 2019

Kirsty and Katy have been wonderful with organizing my working holiday to the UK. Everything has been very easy and smooth and as I am traveling by myself for the first time it has been very nice to have people there constantly to help me out. Kirsty was very friendly during my orientation as well.

Hi Niamh,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us!

We're thrilled to hear your feedback and that you had such a positive experience with Kirsty and Katy and that they were constantly helping you throughout the entire process.

Thanks from The Global Work & Travel Co. and enjoy your Working Holiday in the UK!

Original review: May 31, 2019

Global Work & Travel have been polite, respectful, thoughtful and kind every chance possible; not to mention have made the nerve racking experience of beginning my first working holiday seem a breeze. The orientation was handled brilliantly. Transfer from the airport was fantastic.

The Global Work & Travel Co. response

Thanks for the positive feedback, Roberto!

We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers, so we're over the moon to hear that you had a great experience with our team. We're glad it was a stress-free process for you!

We are so pleased that you are enjoying your first Working Holiday with The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I would not change anything about the service. Everything was done very professionally, fast and informative. Staff are willing to help with every question you have, to the best of there ability. Nothing bad to say. Olivia was very helpful and supportive over email before we arrived in Australia, would not say that she email to much. The constant contact was very good.

Hi Kieran,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review!

We're super happy you had a great experience, especially with Olivia, who helped you organise everything before you arrived in Australia. We’re really thrilled to hear your feedback, as we pride ourselves on providing a world-leading service.

Best wishes for your Australia trip from The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: May 31, 2019

Really enjoyed the session. Was very helpful. I feel a lot excited about my trip now and definitely a lot more wiser. Chloe was helpful and straightforward with everything that needs to be done which has helped me a lot. I have nothing negative to say about the experience.

Hi Zacharia,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us!

We're thrilled to hear your wonderful feedback and that you had such a positive experience with Chloe and that she was super helpful throughout the entire process.

Thanks from The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: May 31, 2019

Having arrived in the morning, I spent the day exploring the beach and a local parks, turned up to the Bunk hostel, just bumped into the most friendly people who I ended up spending the rest of the day with. They then invited everyone to a beer pong competition in the hostel and met some many people. Ended up out till early hours of the morning and made some great friends.

The Global Work & Travel Co. response

Thanks for the positive feedback, James!

It sounds like you are already an amazing time on your trip away! We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers, so we're over the moon to hear that you are having a great experience with The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I have had a wonderful experience so far with the help from all of the team working at The Global Work and Travel Co. Every single member of staff that I have dealt with has been super helpful. They are all so knowledgeable and try to make the experience as smooth and easy as possible. The reassurance and consistent support is really comforting when you are moving thousands of miles away from home.

Hi Daisy,

We're so glad we were able to make you feel supported and reassured for your big move and we thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Was really helpful when finding a job and organising my documents. Great when doing a Skype call to better know my trip coordinator and a good introduction to Canada. Also helpful when having issues with and documents. Good connection through different staff.

Hi Alexandra,

Thank you for choosing The Global Work & Travel Co. for your trip!

We're so thrilled you had a 5-star experience with us and that your Trip Coordinator was able to help you get organised with your documents.

We're over the moon that you had a great experience with us!

Original review: May 29, 2019

Really straightforward, friendly travel organization and advice. If you're work traveling abroad for the first time and want most of the tedious work organised, this is the perfect company to align with. Friendly knowledgeable staff member who are always just a call away if you need help or any additional information.

Hi Oscar,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review!

We're super happy you had a great experience and we’re thrilled to hear your feedback, as we pride ourselves on providing a world-leading service. We really appreciate the recommendation!

Original review: May 28, 2019

Everyone who helped getting me to New Zealand has been amazing! Megan, Jaz & Sarah have been great, so helpful with my millions of questions. So thorough to make sure everything was in order and good for me to go. I am so excited and so grateful for all their help and patience!

Hi Jessica,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad your Work & Travel Experts Megan, Jaz & Sarah were so helpful and answered all your questions for you. We also love hearing that you're excited about your upcoming trip!

Enjoy your trip with The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: May 28, 2019

The Global team has been wonderful. Helping me along the way from day one, right up to when I finally landed in Vancouver and met the team and beyond. They're just an email or a call away and have made me feel safe and confident the whole way through this journey. I can't thank them and recommend them enough for all they have done.

Hi Forest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us!

We're thrilled to hear your feedback and that your Working Holiday in Canada has been successful with our assistance.

Thanks from The Global Work & Travel Co. and we are over the moon to see your beautiful photos.

Original review: May 27, 2019

Courtney and the team have me so pumped for this trip I can't wait to get started! Everyone was really helpful and informative to get me started with the process and the trip sounds amazing. I can't wait to impact these kids lives and meet many like minded teachers along the way, while learning all about this amazing country.

The Global Work & Travel Co. response

Thanks for the positive feedback, Carter!

We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers, so we're over the moon to hear that you had a great experience with our team, especially Courtney! It's touching to hear that you are excited to start your trip and you are looking forward to making a positive impact over there.

Enjoy your overseas teach trip with The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: May 27, 2019

Jaz, my travel concierge, was extremely helpful in getting my trip organised for me, both financially and logistically. She was incredibly accommodating and super supportive whenever I had a concern. She organised everything promptly, making sure I got the best deal I could. All in all she was just generally lovely to deal with and talk to. She made the whole process very comforting and easy. Thanks heaps Jaz!

Hi Asha,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad your Work & Travel Expert Jaz was so helpful and answered all your questions for you. We love hearing that you had a Trip Coordinator who was able to organise everything with you and made the process a lot easier for you!

Original review: May 23, 2019

All of the help and customer service reps are super helpful and nice, definitely facilitated the whole process. It made the process of signing up way easier and got me way more excited for the trip. I really appreciate the help and hope to meet some of the people who helped me.

Hi Cameron,

Thanks for taking the time to write a 5/5 star review!

We're extremely happy you had a great experience and we’re thrilled to hear your feedback, as we pride ourselves on providing super friendly service.

Original review: May 23, 2019

The call was very good overall. She gave me a lot of useful information regarding accommodation & where I am staying, meals & what I will be eating, costs, flights etc & I am very much looking forward to this in December.

The Global Work & Travel Co. response

Thanks for the positive feedback, Mikaela!

We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers, so we're over the moon to hear that you had a great experience with one of our Work & Travel Experts on the phone.

Best wishes from The Global Work & Travel Co. for your trip in December.

The Global Work & Travel Co. expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The Global Work & Travel Co. is an Australia-based youth travel organization that specializes in travel for people ages 18 to 30. With offices in the United Kingdom and Canada and over 1,200 travel partner organizations, you will get help with planning and logistics at every step of your journey.

• Experiences: Global arranges working holidays, adventures, volunteer assignments, internships and paid teaching and au pair appointments.

• Working destinations: Depending on the type of experience you want to have, you can work in Australia, Canada, the United States or the UK; you can also au pair in these countries plus New Zealand or Europe. If you’d rather intern, choose from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Italy, Spain, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand or Hong Kong.

• Volunteer destinations: You can volunteer in Africa, Asia, Central America, Europe, South America or the South Pacific or you can teach in Thailand, Peru, South Korea, Vietnam or Myanmar.

• Deposit guarantee: Global knows things sometimes come up in life that might make it hard for you to leave on a trip you’ve been planning. If you’ve paid your deposit, Global will hold it for you as long as it takes until you can go on your trip, and will even let you transfer the deposit to a different type of trip.

• Resources to help you choose: Global is an expert at youth travel, and wants to work with you to be sure you get the most out of your experience. Check out the location guides on their website or call a dedicated Work & Travel Expert to get started.

• Best for: people ages 18 to 30 who want to travel internationally.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs