It's that easy Request Information
4.72/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

The Global Work & Travel Co. is one of the world's leading youth travel brands, specialising in working holidays, volunteer trips, teaching excursions, au pair exchanges and student internships.

With offices located in Australia, Canada and the UK, The Global Work & Travel Co. offers the one-stop-shop for all your meaningful travel experiences.

Visit globalworkandtravel.com to find out more!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1322 The Global Work & Travel Co. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I have always wanted to go to Australia, and recently I got the opportunity to do so. I decided to make a big change to my life and travel the world, this included backpacking for 3 months through Europe and Asia. Wanting to have it all it became apparent I had a lot of work and a lot of planning ahead of me. All of this while also holding down a very intensive job in a high end restaurant in the Canadian Rockies. Having no clue how to go through the process of getting an Australian visa, setting up bank accounts or getting a job I knew I would need a great deal of help. That's when I decided to go with Global.

With their help I was able to plan my own backpacking trip while leaving the Australian side of my travels to them. Much of the work being done for me allowed me to make the last 4 months of traveling the adventure of a lifetime, all without pulling my hair out with the amount of stress that goes into planning my travel, planning my move and work. By far the best move I made for a move to Australia.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

From the beginning Global has been in contact with me, accommodating me in every way. Chloe always called with excitement and answered every question I had from a little one word response to full blown step by step processes. I can't wait to undergo my travels abroad and would recommend this company to anyone looking for travel and excitement.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

OMG! My experience going through Global has been nothing but a blessing for me. I was so lucky to get the opportunity to go to Canada for my first major trip ever and my goodness it is like living in a snow globe. It's stunning!! My trip coordinator in Canada Alex is the ultimate best. I can't thank her enough for helping me and answering my billion questions I had and I know it can be super scary trusting someone other than yourself to make these huge life decisions but honestly they are there for you 24/7 and it is the best feeling in the world. I honestly can't thank them enough.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

The Global Work and Travel Co. are very easy to understand, great people, friendly staff and very easy going. They are very helpful in terms of what to do and how to organise yourself like phone, visa, currency etc. I would definitely recommend to a friend.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

So I'm going to try and not be incredibly negative but I'm really not happy at all with my experience. The main issue was communication, I got my flight itinerary come through the night before the morning I was flying out which is unacceptable as I didn't feel at all prepared, and to make matters worse, the flight plan had me arrive in Vancouver Thurday night and fly out Sunday night, which was fine as it gave me some time to settle in and see the city. However, on the Friday evening, I was asking some other Global travellers at the hostel that were also going to Calabogie when they were flying out and they were all flying on the Saturday morning, so I ring up Global and I am flying out in the morning too apparently, they just never sent me over the changed flight details, so if I didn't meet up with these guys I would've missed my flight!

This also meant that I had to cancel my plans to see a Cannucks game and see Stanley Park, too MASSIVE things I wanted to do, which took away a lot from my experience, also didn't get to go to the 'Global party' but still paid full price for an experience that I'm not fully getting? The hostel was a lot worse than I had expected too, no wifi, and after all that travelling you would expect to at least be able to message family and friends and let them know you are okay.

For some reason as well they expect you to pay around £2000 for flights and insurance (something that isn't mentioned when originally speaking to your trip coordinator) and for what you get with that you could pay £600 and get the same thing. The flight over, for all those in Europe, wasn't really an improvement from your bog standard EasyJet flight, I asked another passenger how much he paid for the flight from Gatwick to Vancouver and it was £300, I paid over £700 for the same flight through Global.

My coordinator in Canada, Hannah, was very helpful but Ashley who I spoke with from the Travel department caused me a lot of headaches as she barely responded to my emails, especially when we were pressed for time as I do appreciate my job opportunity came up later than most. But overall, I would actively not recommend the service to anyone as it's just caused me so much stress and all my savings have gone on it, there are better ways to spend on your money on a travelling.

Hi Jake,

Thank you for your feedback. I have looked into your travel history and can see that you accepted your job offer from Calabogie Ski Resort on November 29th, where they offered you a position in the Rental Shop. As the start date was the December 3rd, turning around your flight from that afternoon for an arrival on Thursday night was very tight. It was explained the realities of accepting the position with Calabogie that it would be a tight turn around to get you to Canada on time for the required start date, but that we would make it work, which we did. You were made aware that these last minute plans would make your travels a little more complicated and expensive.

You were that your flights had been ticketed for Saturday morning so that you could travel with everyone else, and that your coordinator would forward you through the flight itinerary. Your coordinator actually arranged for another traveller to meet you at the hostel, so that he could take you under his wing and ensure that you were all in taxis together so that you wouldn't miss out on anything with your new work crew.

The WiFi did go down at the hostel on the day that you arrived which we apologise for but sadly had no control over; however, you were advised you that there was a 24-hour restaurant within a 2-minute walk of the hostel that everyone else had been going to. The WiFi was then back up and running by Friday afternoon.

In relation to your program concerns, there was no way that you could have attended the traveller party as you only accepted the job on Monday, and the traveller party was on Wednesday night. When planning your flights, it was advised that the earliest possible arrival was Thursday night.

We would have loved for the process to go more smoothly for you and we did our absolute best to work across the timezones and business hours to make it happen. If we didn't get you here by Thursday, you would have missed your start date and sacrificed your great new job. With sufficient notice, we can definitely make your travel plans effortless!

We really do hope you start enjoying your experience more once you get to Ottawa. I have let your coordinator know about all of your concerns which will be followed up shortly! Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Global Work & Travel Co.?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Overall I am happy with my experience. Initially the sales person exaggerated somewhat to get me to join up and that made me a bit disappointed when I heard things didn't work the way I had thought. It made me feel that I might have made a mistake. However the team worked really hard to help me find the right job with accommodation and I am glad I went with global because they made the experience quite easy once I arrived in Canada. A lot of people I have met have struggled to find good jobs and accommodation and having that peace of mind and having everything sorted for me it was worth the cost. Alex ** was particularly helpful and honest with me which I really appreciated.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

They could not explain where the money was being spent other than to spin some garbage about it going back to the reserve. Despite having traveled to Africa and knowing how cheap it is to live and feed yourself there, they were quoting AUD$4000 for a 3-week volunteering program. The only selling point 'we have security vetted our partners'- Anyone can say that. This program is designed for the privileged to feel good about themselves.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

So extremely helpful with absolutely everything. I wouldn’t have felt comfortable organising this all by myself, I’ve had such amazing people offer endless help and support and have made it all the more exciting for me to start my journey overseas. Would 100% recommend this to anyone and everyone.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

Super helpful staff. They know a lot of information for all over Canada to help with future travels that you learn at their orientation day. They help set up everything from the moment you arrive to make the experience easier for you on your travels!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

Working Holiday in Australia - Would highly recommend Global work and Travel Co. They have made this travel experience so easy and smooth and their knowledgeable gave me tons of useful information that I never would of thought of myself. Olivia as long with the rest of the staff were so calming and the convenience of this company will save you in the long run. Highly highly recommend. Thanks again to the incredible staff!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I have had a great experience with Global so far. Everyone has been great in the process from the start and up to now to arrive here and I am sure the future will continue. Job offers as well have been good. Thank you for everything. I am so excited to see this amazing country!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Very informative and friendly. All areas were covered extensively and nothing was left out. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to experience a new adventure/trip. Communication was fantastic from the beginning, very happy with my choice to go with Global.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

My experience with Global Work and Travel is awesome! Super friendly staff, lovely people to talk to, extremely helpful and very caring!! Would highly recommend for any new traveler!! Cannot thank Global Work and Travel enough for making this awesome adventure of mine happen!! (:

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

All the staff were super friendly and upbeat. Managed to answer all of my questions really well and quickly. Helped me step by step. Also lovely in person and really do make sure you understand and have everything you need.

Hi Jessica,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us!

We're thrilled to hear your feedback and that you had such a positive experience with our team and that they were super helpful throughout the entire process.

Thanks from The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Great experience and really helped me get started and made sure I had everything I needed when I came over! Definitely recommend! Can't wait to get started and start work! So nice having airport pick up and accommodation sorted out before I came here.

Hi Ashley,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad you've had a great experience and that our team were really helpful with getting you started and making sure you had everything you needed to start work. We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I love the security of traveling with a company and so this made Global the best idea for me. Before I arrived I found that I had trouble communicating well with the company. However, once I arrived, it was very helpful to have a place to go and someone to help clear up all the important details. Having a friendly face in Australia is very comforting.

Hi Madelyn,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review!

We're super happy you had a great experience and we’re thrilled to hear your feedback, as we pride ourselves on providing a world-leading service.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

This is been a happy experience meeting new people and the work will be good. The information provided has been well prepared and was well presented. Kristy and Katy have been thoroughly helpful. London is an extreme city. Thanks so much.

Hi Julian,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review!

We're super happy you had a great experience with Kirsty & Katy and we’re thrilled to hear your feedback, as we pride ourselves on providing a world-leading service.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

My experience with Global Work and Travel has been very good. They helped me whenever I needed it and they were very friendly with everything. I would strongly recommend this work and travel company to anyone that is looking to work whilst travelling overseas.

Hi Corey,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad our team were so helpful and were able to help you with whatever you needed along the way. We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Kirsty was very helpful and fun and made it very easy to understand everything, this company is helpful as well and it’s awesome how they set you up with a job which makes it more easier as well knowing you have somewhere to go.

Hi Monique,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review!

We're super happy you had a great experience with Kirsty and we’re thrilled to hear your feedback, as we pride ourselves on providing a world-leading service.

Best wishes from The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Global have been so friendly and helpful throughout. They answer any question you have. So good if you are a solo traveler as you meet people as soon as you arrive. The hostel is lovely and a great location. They got me a job and helped me organize how to get there.

Hi Fleur,

Thank you for choosing The Global Work & Travel Co. for your trip!

We're so thrilled you had a great experience with our team and that they filled you in on everything and answered all your questions along the way.

We're over the moon that you had a great experience with us!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

The Global Work and Travel company took care of so many details about my trip and made the move here very easy and stress-free for me! Very welcoming staff and a beautiful office. They helped out with finding me work and made everything very easy!

Hi Alex,

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

The team has been more than helpful with filling out information and providing work I had done things differently than most global travelers and I'm glad to have received as much help as I have, Chloe and the team are absolutely amazing people and hard working. Thanks team! Lots of love.

Hi Jace,

Thank you for choosing The Global Work & Travel Co. for your trip!

We're so thrilled you had a 5-star experience with Chloe and that she filled you in on everything and answered all your questions along the way.

We're over the moon that you had a great experience with us!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I have been super happy with my experience with Global, it did make things so much easier to get my job and book everything with ease. One thing I didn't like was having to book my flights through them as it was basically double what I could of paid if I had done it myself. She made it out as if It was the only way to do, so I was able to change flights if I needed too (as its a flexi flight) and if my job date suddenly changed id have to have 6 weeks accommodation funds to support myself... But I feel like I should of just waited for the job start date and I would of been fine and my job start date hasn't changed at all. So I could of saved like $800 and put that towards my trip. That's one fault that I have and the way the girl that booked my flights spoke to me via email was very passive aggressive like she was annoyed I was even questioning her about the cost.

Surely most people have questions as to what their money is going to especially such a large amount. Her name, was Ashley. And as soon as I paid for the flights she changed her attitude and was super nice. Alex has been kind and helpful the entire time and answered every question I asked. All round an 8/10 experience. Would recommend. :)

Hi Charlotte,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

We're super happy you had a great experience with Alex and we’re thrilled to hear your feedback about how much easier we've been about to make your trip for you, as we pride ourselves on providing a world-leading service.

However, we're sorry to hear you feel this way about your experience with our travel team. We would like to discuss your concerns further as we will gladly take on board your feedback as we are continuously focused on improving our services & customer experience. We'd love to hear any feedback you have, which we encourage you to send to feedback@globalworkandtravel.com.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my experience so far with Alex and everyone at the Global team that has helped fulfill my dream working abroad. Everyone has been really helpful and easy to get in contact with, they have saved me so much time and stress, and I would highly recommend going through Global to friends and family. Loving my experience so far!

The Global Work & Travel Co. response

Thanks for the positive feedback, Mark!

We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers, so we're over the moon to hear that you had a great experience so far with Alex. We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

We are so pleased that you are enjoying your trip with The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

All the staff at Global Work have helped me sort out everything needed for my working holiday in Canada. Without Global Work I wouldn't have known all the things required to getting a visa and what things I need when I arrive in Canada. I would definitely recommend to anyone that speaks to me about doing a working holiday to you guys.

Hi Hayden,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad our entire team have been so helpful and answered all your questions for you. We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Global Work and Travel Co. were very helpful from day one. They helped me make my dream come true of a working holiday in Canada! Would 100% recommended to anyone, you would be especially lucky if you got Hannah! She’s exceptional and so lovely!!!

Hi Ashleigh,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad our team have been so helpful and answered all your questions for you from day one! We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

My experience with Global has been great, my travel coordinator has gone up and beyond to assist me in this Canada trip. If ever I have a problem or question everyone is incredible, helpful and eager to assist in any way they can. I look forward to further continuing my adventures with Global. Thanks for all your help thus far.

Hi Jacana,

Best wishes from The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I sent an email to ASAP and followed it with a call. The representative, Junior, quickly sent me a flight with a fare. Once, I decided to take it, Junior walked me through the authorization form and a while later I received the e ticket. I am satisfied with the service.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

We dealt with a few different people across different teams. Kayne initially to get started, then Jasmine who was lovely, then Ashley in the concierge team, she was so helpful and prompt all the time, then mostly with Alex who was our international coordinator, she worked really hard getting us interviews and working with us, everyone was so lovely. I would recommend Global to first time travelers especially if you want a working visa. They made this quite stressful process so much better.

Hi Amy,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad your Kayne, Jasmine, Ashley and Alex were all so helpful and answered all your questions for you. We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

A very helpful company. Not only making the travel to Australia easy they've also been lovely people to get to know! Would recommend to anyone moving abroad! They will make you love the adventure and settle you is with ease.

Hi Alex,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad your team was so helpful and answered all your questions for you. We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

The Global Work & Travel Co. expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The Global Work & Travel Co. is an Australia-based youth travel organization that specializes in travel for people ages 18 to 30. With offices in the United Kingdom and Canada and over 1,200 travel partner organizations, you will get help with planning and logistics at every step of your journey.

• Experiences: Global arranges working holidays, adventures, volunteer assignments, internships and paid teaching and au pair appointments.

• Working destinations: Depending on the type of experience you want to have, you can work in Australia, Canada, the United States or the UK; you can also au pair in these countries plus New Zealand or Europe. If you’d rather intern, choose from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Italy, Spain, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand or Hong Kong.

• Volunteer destinations: You can volunteer in Africa, Asia, Central America, Europe, South America or the South Pacific or you can teach in Thailand, Peru, South Korea, Vietnam or Myanmar.

• Deposit guarantee: Global knows things sometimes come up in life that might make it hard for you to leave on a trip you’ve been planning. If you’ve paid your deposit, Global will hold it for you as long as it takes until you can go on your trip, and will even let you transfer the deposit to a different type of trip.

• Resources to help you choose: Global is an expert at youth travel, and wants to work with you to be sure you get the most out of your experience. Check out the location guides on their website or call a dedicated Work & Travel Expert to get started.

• Best for: people ages 18 to 30 who want to travel internationally.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs