It's that easy Request Information
4.69/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Headquartered in sunny Surfers Paradise, Australia and with offices in Canada and the UK, we've grown to offer a plethora of world-leading meaningful travel experiences to over 40 countries in the world and counting! There's literally an experience to choose from for everyone, and with 100 employees globally and a 24/7 support line, you can count on us to be there.

Visit globalworkandtravel.com to find out more!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1602 The Global Work & Travel Co. Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: July 1, 2019

The people at Global have been extremely helpful, welcoming and have made me feel at ease with the whole travel idea throughout the whole process. Jaz was my travel concierge and she did an amazing job setting everything up. There were a few personal setbacks along the way but she was able to work around them and get everything sorted. Kevin and Sam were my trip coordinators and they have been in constant contact with everything that has been going on and they organized everything for me in the simplest way. Both of them were excellent and eased the stress of sorting everything out. I was very impressed by everyone at Global for their work.

The Global Work & Travel Co. response

Thanks for the positive feedback, Tom!

We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers, so we're over the moon to hear that you had a great experience with our team and especially Jaz, Kevin and Sam. We love hearing that we were able to give you constant support and made you feel organised and at ease with your exciting, upcoming trip away!

Enjoy your travels with The Global Work & Travel Co.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I began this experience last year and have found for the most part Global Work and Travel to be a brilliant company with especially exceptional staff. I worked with Chloe who couldn't do enough for me, despite a barrage of questions! I had to change my leaving date due to a family wedding which was an easy process. I also found the information accessible and clear which was most appreciated when dealing with the immigration process, tax etc.

My only issue with the process is with a lack of options in job choices. It is highly recommended you accept the first job that you are given and for myself I found the lack of option slightly jarring. I also found waiting so long to know where in Australia I was going to be quite a stressful experience. This is a personal preference but I think I would have liked to have had slightly more control over where and when I get a job. Overall I would highly recommend this company, especially if you are a young or inexperienced traveler. As a more seasoned traveller I found the lack of control over direction was quite tricky, there is however no obligation to go with your first job and you are also able to get your own! Thanks again for all the help!

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such pleasant feedback!

We are so glad your Work & Travel Expert Chloe was so helpful and answered all your questions for you. We do try our best to find jobs for our Global Travellers and we're glad to hear that your experience was brilliant overall.

We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

Thanks for travelling with The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I have always wanted to go to Australia, and recently I got the opportunity to do so. I decided to make a big change to my life and travel the world, this included backpacking for 3 months through Europe and Asia. Wanting to have it all it became apparent I had a lot of work and a lot of planning ahead of me. All of this while also holding down a very intensive job in a high end restaurant in the Canadian Rockies. Having no clue how to go through the process of getting an Australian visa, setting up bank accounts or getting a job I knew I would need a great deal of help. That's when I decided to go with Global.

With their help I was able to plan my own backpacking trip while leaving the Australian side of my travels to them. Much of the work being done for me allowed me to make the last 4 months of traveling the adventure of a lifetime, all without pulling my hair out with the amount of stress that goes into planning my travel, planning my move and work. By far the best move I made for a move to Australia.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review!

We're super happy you had a great experience and we’re thrilled to hear your feedback about your Working Holiday trip in Australia, as we pride ourselves on providing a world-leading service.

Best wishes from The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I have been super happy with my experience with Global, it did make things so much easier to get my job and book everything with ease. One thing I didn't like was having to book my flights through them as it was basically double what I could of paid if I had done it myself. She made it out as if It was the only way to do, so I was able to change flights if I needed too (as its a flexi flight) and if my job date suddenly changed id have to have 6 weeks accommodation funds to support myself... But I feel like I should of just waited for the job start date and I would of been fine and my job start date hasn't changed at all. So I could of saved like $800 and put that towards my trip. That's one fault that I have and the way the girl that booked my flights spoke to me via email was very passive aggressive like she was annoyed I was even questioning her about the cost.

Surely most people have questions as to what their money is going to especially such a large amount. Her name, was Ashley. And as soon as I paid for the flights she changed her attitude and was super nice. Alex has been kind and helpful the entire time and answered every question I asked. All round an 8/10 experience. Would recommend. :)

Hi Charlotte,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

We're super happy you had a great experience with Alex and we’re thrilled to hear your feedback about how much easier we've been about to make your trip for you, as we pride ourselves on providing a world-leading service.

However, we're sorry to hear you feel this way about your experience with our travel team. We would like to discuss your concerns further as we will gladly take on board your feedback as we are continuously focused on improving our services & customer experience. We'd love to hear any feedback you have, which we encourage you to send to feedback@globalworkandtravel.com.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I’ve been thinking of traveling to Australia for a while now and I come across The GWAT Company and thought I’d just give them a call to see what it’s all about! I spoke to a women call Eve. She was so helpful and answered all the questions I needed to ask and soon got my working holiday on the way to Australia! Eve made everything she explained so clear and would strongly recommend her to friends and family who are looking to do the same as me! The support I got off this lovely women was incredible, she was really bubbly and had good enthusiasm! I couldn’t of asked for better service! Would just like to say how thankful I am for the support she gave me!

Hi Harrison,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad your Work & Travel Expert Eve was so helpful, answered all your questions for you and got your dream of a Working Holiday in Australia up and running. We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

Thanks for travelling with The Global Work & Travel Co.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Global Work & Travel Co.?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

it was a fun introduction to Canada and learning about the culture of the country and the city of Vancouver. Learnt what to expect and what challenges I could face in the future while staying in Canada. The little pack we got with the vouchers inside is also amazing and will come in very handy for my visit in the country.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Brilliant! Lots of information, it's really good that things are set up for you, so you've got somewhat of an idea about what to do and what not to do! Definitely very informative. :) I am really excited for what is to come!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I have been using Global Work and Travel for two years to help fill positions with our resort here in the Lower Okanagan region of British Columbia - both urgent and non urgent. I have received both great service and very good candidates. As well, Chrissy ** - great work and I highly recommend her as a support to any organization who needs assistance in filling job slots! She is reliable, responds to emails and questions very quickly, and is always available when I need a hand - couldn't ask for a better third-party partner to assist us!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I would like to say I was really happy with the customer of everyone from Jacob & Sam, to Jaz my trip coordinator. She was helpful, friendly & pleasant & informative & efficient in being proactive. I just felt the price for the one way ticket was a bit expensive. Overall, thank you Jaz.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Our flight concierge Ashley was amazing! She was really helpful with everything that we needed especially after we kept chopping and changing our mind she remained patient throughout the process and was a pleasure to work with. Definitely deserves a raise. :)

The Global Work & Travel Co. expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The Global Work & Travel Co. is an Australia-based youth travel organization that specializes in travel for people ages 18 to 30. With offices in the United Kingdom and Canada and over 1,200 travel partner organizations, you will get help with planning and logistics at every step of your journey.

• Experiences: Global arranges working holidays, adventures, volunteer assignments, internships and paid teaching and au pair appointments.

• Working destinations: Depending on the type of experience you want to have, you can work in Australia, Canada, the United States or the UK; you can also au pair in these countries plus New Zealand or Europe. If you’d rather intern, choose from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Italy, Spain, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand or Hong Kong.

• Volunteer destinations: You can volunteer in Africa, Asia, Central America, Europe, South America or the South Pacific or you can teach in Thailand, Peru, South Korea, Vietnam or Myanmar.

• Deposit guarantee: Global knows things sometimes come up in life that might make it hard for you to leave on a trip you’ve been planning. If you’ve paid your deposit, Global will hold it for you as long as it takes until you can go on your trip, and will even let you transfer the deposit to a different type of trip.

• Resources to help you choose: Global is an expert at youth travel, and wants to work with you to be sure you get the most out of your experience. Check out the location guides on their website or call a dedicated Work & Travel Expert to get started.

• Best for: people ages 18 to 30 who want to travel internationally.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs