It's that easy Request Information
4.74/5
Based on 139 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

The Global Work & Travel Co. is one of the world's leading youth travel brands offering over 100 meaningful travel experiences to all corners of the planet.

Headquartered in Australia, and with offices in Canada and the UK, we make travel easy so you can see the world in a meaningful way. Visit our website today to get your trip of a lifetime started!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1244 The Global Work & Travel Co. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 12, 2018

I found Global Work and Travel very friendly and helpful. I was a little confused about a lot of things regarding accommodation, travel and such and they were happy to answer any questions I had so that was great! Was very good.

The Global Work & Travel Co. response

Thanks for the positive feedback, Chloe!

We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers, so we're over the moon to hear that you had a great experience and that our staff answered all your questions along the way!

We are so pleased that you are enjoying your trip with The Global Work & Travel Co.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Great arrival information at the London office, so helpful with everything and go through everything in so much detail so you know what you are doing. Once you get her and settled to know everything all the information needed it makes it so much easier to know how everything works in the UK.

Hi Holly,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review!

We're super happy you had a great experience and we’re thrilled to hear your feedback, as we pride ourselves on providing a world-leading service.

Original review: June 12, 2018

My trip coordinator has been extremely helpful and friendly, all but holding my hand during the entire process! It makes it so much easier having someone help you through processes like opening a bank account, tax refunds, NIN and explaining NHS. She also may as well be a travel agent with all her handy tips to get around Europe.

Hi Nikki,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us!

We're thrilled to hear your feedback and that you had such a positive experience with your Trip Coordinator and that they were super helpful throughout the entire process.

Thanks from The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: June 11, 2018

So so happy with the service offered and the kindness, especially of Chloe and Karen, was amazing. An amazing company that offer an amazing service and I love how they are here to help with anything I need. Also the view from the company is amazing and I loved the water offered.

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review!

We're super happy you had a great experience with Chloe and Karen and we’re thrilled to hear your feedback, as we pride ourselves on providing a world-leading service.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Chloe made me feel comfortable the moment I spoke, any questions I had she went above and beyond to find the answers for me. Very easy going and reassured me. Gave lots of information on places to stay after my first stay in Brisbane.

Hi Megan,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review!

We're super happy you had a great experience and we’re so happy to hear your feedback about how comfortable your Coordinator Chloe made you feel. We pride ourselves on providing a world-leading service, so we're thrilled to hear that she went above and beyond to answer all your questions!

Best wishes from The Global Work & Travel Co.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Global Work & Travel Co.?

Original review: June 8, 2018

My experience with Global Work and Travel has been amazing. All the staff are really helpful. Alex has been so helpful with all of our questions and is always there for us when we need any advice. Very friendly and supportive on our decisions. The experience so far has been very enjoyable.

Hi Jodie,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad your Coordinator Alex was so helpful and answered all your questions for you. We also love hearing that your experience has been very enjoyable so far.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Very helpful, enjoyed the orientation and getting to meet the staff. I feel more prepared and ready for our trip after today. Alex has been very helpful over Skype and email helping us from when we were still in the UK, Thank you :D.

Hi Jake,

Thank you for choosing The Global Work & Travel Co. for your trip!

We're so thrilled you had a 5-star experience with your Coordinator Alex and that she filled you in on everything and made you feel much more prepared and ready for your trip.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 8, 2018

Really friendly team and I got placed very quickly, however I felt there were times where communication could of been better in the wait time of attaining employment. To be honest I pictured a different service experience from what was delivered in terms of communication, delivery and what was included part of the package. Though I enjoyed the service, I'm not sure the cost of the program being quite expensive you got the right amount of service and it was sold better than what I received in the end, but as I just arrived it may improve as the team have been very welcoming and friendly.

Hi Janice,

We're so thrilled you had a great experience with our friendly team throughout the entire process so far.

The Global Work & Travel Co. prides itself on providing a premium service to all of our customers, so we were hoping for some feedback on how we can help make this a 5-star experience for you? If you could please get in touch via feedback@globalworkandtravel.com that’d be great.

Thanks!

Original review: June 8, 2018

Planning the trip was super easy and straightforward. The information provided was helpful and accurate and made the trip here stress free and pleasant. Having constant contact with my trip coordinator was helpful, and took the stress out planning my trip and organising all the correct documentation.

The Global Work & Travel Co. response

Thanks for the positive feedback, Kaylla!

We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers, so we're over the moon to hear that you had a great stress free experience.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Everything that was explained was crystal clear, I would and have recommended this window of work and travel chances to friends and family, a few friends of mine will be coming down in a few months and they will not regret it! The coordinator and crew responsible are very well organized and respectful, I personally couldn't be any more excited to be here!

Hi Joesph,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad our team was so respectful and helpful throughout the entire process. We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

Original review: June 7, 2018

For my first trip abroad alone, Global was such a great support system to assist with all of the fine details, such as banking, tfn, mobile phones, driver's license, and etc. Looking forward to continuing my relationship with them as I go on in my adventure!

Hi Chrystina,

Original review: June 4, 2018

The Global Work & Travel Co. have made my experience with travelling extremely easy, from job searching to doing the visa and even just help with just basic stuff once we got to our destination. The orientation was super easy, understandable, fun and knowledgeable, I was very impressed with the presentation and I am very glad I chose to go with this company!

Hi Jacob,

Original review: June 4, 2018

The Global Working Holiday was so amazing and helpful. They have been so great with getting me set up and ready for my working holiday in Canada! They've made it easier than I could have ever thought possible to start in a whole different country across the entire side of the planet!

The Global Work & Travel Co. response

Thanks for the positive feedback, Holly!

We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers, so we're over the moon to hear that you had a great experience.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Global has been helpful with me coming over and finding me a job. Also showing where to go and see what is here. They answered all my question I had about working and seeing places. I can't wait to get into the Aussie life.

Hi Geraldine,

Thank you for choosing The Global Work & Travel Co. for your Working Holiday trip!

We're so thrilled you had a 5-star experience with our team and that they have been so helpful in getting you set up in Australia, that they filled you in on everything and answered all your questions along the way.

We're over the moon that you had a great experience with us!

Original review: June 1, 2018

This whole trip wouldn't have been possible without Josie. Whenever I had a question or a worry, she was there to help. She has helped me through every step and I owe her a lot. She is a credit to herself and the entire company. Throughout the process, she's kept in contact and been very patient with some very foolish questions. Thank you so much for your help.

Hi Beth,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us!

We're thrilled to hear your feedback and that you had such a positive experience with Josie and that she has been super helpful throughout the entire process.

Original review: May 31, 2018

'Twas on a warm summer's evening, on the glorious River of Cambridge was when I first spoke with the one they call Josie; Endearing, pleasant and rambunctious. A lady of sorts. She has been my Samwise to my Frodo on this long and wonderful journey but without her wisdomous wisdom, would I have made it to the green pastures of Canada? Probably not. I will commemorate her for her highest order of service and attentiveness. She has my thanks. Merci beaucoup and good day.

The Global Work & Travel Co. response

Thanks for the positive feedback, Victor!

We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers, so we're over the moon to hear that you had a great experience with Josie - who was endearing, pleasant and rambunctious.

Original review: May 31, 2018

The Team was extremely helpful with setting everything up and answering all my question. Super awesome to deal with and advise me with all the places to see and things to do! Also finding work was extremely easy with the teams help.

Hi Josh,

Best wishes from The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: May 30, 2018

My experience with Global Work and Travel Co. was very helpful and got all the information I needed. The coordinators I had were great! They are very friendly and easy to get along with. I will definitely go through the company again and would recommend to anyone.

Hi Kaitlin,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad our team have been so helpful and answered all your questions for you. We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

Thanks for travelling with The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Josie has been so so helpful with everything on my working holiday. She is more than willing to answer any questions and go above and beyond to make sure that everything is running smoothly and as it should. Josie has been super supportive and has made the stressful parts a lot less stressful.

Hi Larissa,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review!

We're super happy you had a great experience with Josie and we’re thrilled to hear your feedback, as we pride ourselves on providing a world-leading service.

Best wishes from The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: May 28, 2018

Everything has been amazing, I have had the full unfaltering support of my travel coordinator Josie ** this entire time, even when things were looking difficult, her enthusiasm didn't falter and she was always fully equipped to help with any questions that I had.

Hi Jess,

Thank you for choosing The Global Work & Travel Co. for your trip!

We're so thrilled you had a 5-star experience with your Travel Coordinator Josie and that she has offered unfaltering support the entire time.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Awesome help, working with you guys made our trip so much easier and more comfortable for us to be able to focus and enjoy our trip more! I would definitely recommend this to friends and even close family for their trips.

Hi Kofi,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad our team was so helpful and answered all your questions for you. We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I absolutely took a step (I should actually say a bloody leap) when I signed up to this. I was young, confused, inspired and just busting to explore and see what else was out there. My friend had just signed up and started telling me all about this program and I was thinking like okay, sure, and as I was listening, I honestly considered taking part and checking it out. Let me tell you... BEST DECISION I've made. I'm a "go getter". I'm vivacious. I'm crazy. So what else could come into my life at this time that is more perfect? So that's what I kept asking myself. And when you continuously ask yourself the same question and cannot find another answer, then it is fair to say that the answer is right in front of you. So from there, I met some absolute gems within Global (Dylan, Ashley, Jasmine and most importantly Alex who is my savior) and they helped me decide to change my love in the best way.

So to wrap it all up, I made a lifetime decision that I would not normally do and it has been so awesome as of yet. I'm just a blonde chick, who comes from a small town on the west side of Australia who lives on a farm with her dad, who has a wicked bunch of friends and a laid back lifestyle. If I can jump into this lifestyle then so can you, bloody do it, it'll change the person you are.

Hi Rhehal,

Thank you for choosing The Global Work & Travel Co. for your trip!

We're so thrilled you had a 5-star experience with our team and that they filled you in on everything and answered all your questions along the way.

We're over the moon that you had a great experience with us and we love hearing how happy you are with your decision to move abroad!

Original review: May 25, 2018

I moved from London, England - to Canada. Unless you've done something as drastic as move country before, you know what you're in for. I have never done anything like this before. Oh my God, there is so much to wrap your head around. Global Work and Travel look after you at every step, in your own time. The coordinators are so knowledgeable, patient (and genuinely lovely people). I almost feel like they did most of the work for me. I could not have done this without them. If I had even attempted to go it alone, I would have thrown in the towel and stayed in my monotonous life back home. The support does not end there - it lasts for the whole two years of your stay!! Don't like your job in your new country? Global will get you another one! I am loving my time here in Canada, it's a little overwhelming actually.

Hi Victoria,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us!

We're thrilled to hear your feedback and that you had such a positive experience with our team and that they were super helpful throughout the entire process.

Thanks from The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I highly recommend Global to anybody who is interested in traveling safely. They are incredibly supportive and it's a perfect way to meet a group of like-minded travelers. Josie has made me feel safe and confident with my decision to come to Canada on a two year working holiday visa from Australia. With Global Work and Travel's knowledge and experience, it's genuinely the most fulfilling way to plan a working holiday visa without worries.

Hi Caitlin,

Original review: May 23, 2018

Canadian working holiday - The Overall experience has been absolutely amazing, I have never seen such a well organised and helpful company. Communication and one on one contact with Alex has been fantastic and extremely helpful. I could not have asked for a more pleasant experience and would highly recommend this to anyone who is interested.

Hi Mitchell,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad your Travel Coordinator Alex was so helpful and answered all your questions for you. We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Experience with Alex has been absolutely amazing, replies super quick and is always helpful with her replies. She is absolutely lovely. I've always felt super comfortable talking to her and going to her when I was freaking out or not sure what is going on. Everyone else has also been super super lovely.

The Global Work & Travel Co. response

Thanks for the positive feedback, Dana!

Original review: May 23, 2018

I have wanted to live around the world for a very long time coming and Global has helped me achieve this goal! From helping with banking, tax etc it has made the initial transition to another country smooth and less stressful. Alex was a fantastic coordinator, and has always been there to answer any questions or concerns I've had. Thank you so much Global, and I can't wait for the next 2 years!

Hi Monique,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review!

We're super happy you had a great experience with your Trip Coordinator Alex and we’re thrilled to hear your feedback, as we pride ourselves on providing a world-leading service.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I chose to do a working holiday through Global Work. My trip coordinator was Josie and she was great. Always super helpful and informative. All questions were answered quick. I would definitely recommend the global working holiday.

Hi Nick,

Original review: May 23, 2018

Since the start of the process, Global has been very helpful and informative, thoroughly going through every step in obtaining visas and arranging flights and insurance. My coordinator, Alex, was lovely and answered all the questions I had, and arranged a job so arriving was very stress-free. Would recommend to a friend.

Hi Belle,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad your Trip Coordinator Alex made the experience so stress-free, was so helpful and answered all your questions for you. We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

Original review: May 23, 2018

My experience with Global Work and Travel Co was very good, and I would recommend it to anyone. The staff are very helpful and friendly, and my trip coordinator Hannah was very knowledgeable and kind, answering all my questions very well.

Hi Tom,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad your Trip Coordinator Hannah was so helpful and answered all your questions for you. We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

The Global Work & Travel Co. expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The Global Work & Travel Co. is an Australia-based youth travel organization that specializes in travel for people ages 18 to 30. With offices in the United Kingdom and Canada and over 1,200 travel partner organizations, you will get help with planning and logistics at every step of your journey.

• Experiences: Global arranges working holidays, adventures, volunteer assignments, internships and paid teaching and au pair appointments.

• Working destinations: Depending on the type of experience you want to have, you can work in Australia, Canada, the United States or the UK; you can also au pair in these countries plus New Zealand or Europe. If you’d rather intern, choose from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Italy, Spain, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand or Hong Kong.

• Volunteer destinations: You can volunteer in Africa, Asia, Central America, Europe, South America or the South Pacific or you can teach in Thailand, Peru, South Korea, Vietnam or Myanmar.

• Deposit guarantee: Global knows things sometimes come up in life that might make it hard for you to leave on a trip you’ve been planning. If you’ve paid your deposit, Global will hold it for you as long as it takes until you can go on your trip, and will even let you transfer the deposit to a different type of trip.

• Resources to help you choose: Global is an expert at youth travel, and wants to work with you to be sure you get the most out of your experience. Check out the location guides on their website or call a dedicated Work & Travel Expert to get started.

• Best for: people ages 18 to 30 who want to travel internationally.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs