It's that easy Request Information
4.76/5
Based on 146 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

The Global Work & Travel Co. is one of the world's leading youth travel brands offering over 100 meaningful travel experiences to all corners of the planet.

Headquartered in Australia, and with offices in Canada and the UK, we make travel easy so you can see the world in a meaningful way. Visit our website today to get your trip of a lifetime started!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1259 The Global Work & Travel Co. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

My trip coordinator is Kirsty in the UK. Alongside Dylan. I honestly can say from the bottom of my heart if it weren't for Kirsty I would be back in Australia hating myself right now. No problem has been too big or too small. I had some little issues in London and her support, care and love really got me through. If there is a way of rewarding her more than just words can speak then I'd like you to take the opportunity in doing so. She is a true asset to your business. My second day in London I got totally confused. I rang and Dylan answered and without hesitation, he ran onto the street and saved me. He is a true legend and an asset also.

Hi Courtney,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review!

We're super happy you had a great experience with Kirsty and Dylan and we’re thrilled to hear your feedback, as we pride ourselves on providing a world-leading service.

Best wishes from The Global Work & Travel Co.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Kirsty has done an amazing job at the orientation! There is a lot of information thrown at us but she always makes sure that we understand everything. I have had the best experience so far on this trip and they have made everything so easy!!!

Hi Danielle,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad your Trip Coordinator Kirsty was so helpful and that your trip has been the best experience so far.

We're so glad that you're enjoying your trip with The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Kirsty was great to me despite me being slow with replies but very glad I’m here now and feeling very comfortable and it’s peace of mind to know that they will always here for whenever I need. :) :) :)

Hi Penelope,

Thank you for choosing The Global Work & Travel Co. for your trip!

We're so thrilled you had a 5-star experience with Kirsty and that she filled you in on everything and gave you peace of mind.

Thanks for travelling with The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I had used GWAT for 2 different travel experiences. The first involved my first ever experience traveling and working overseas. I had never done it alone before so I wanted to feel secure and have someone behind me just in case. The first program I wet through was their Au Pair program in New Zealand. They were really great throughout the process in finding me a family to work for before I even left the country. They even found me an AMAZING deal to stop over in Fiji for a week before I arrived in NZ. And they were always checking up on me throughout the Au Pair program. Now as far as the other program I went through with them was the Work and Travel program in Australia. On the phone they promised me to help me find a job but upon arriving there and doing the job placement program all they do is get you 1 job interview and then it is up to you to get the job. That is all they do. That was their fine print.

ALL of us in the start of that program and a lot of the others that were staying at the hostel who had gone through that company previous to the group I was in were very mad, frustrated and disappointed in what they were promising us. Most of the time the job interviews were for a farm job but they do leave it open according to what your work experience is. I've also heard and met people who had bad experiences with the Volunteer programs they do as well. So my suggestion is going through an Au Paid program because they are required to find you an actual family to work for before leaving home. I would highly suggest doing A LOT of research and reading the fine print and asking A LOT of questions about the other programs you want to go through with them.

Hi Lacey,

We're thrilled to hear you had a great experience with our Au Pair program, but sorry to hear your Working Holiday experience isn't going so well.

We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers and we would like to hear more about your experience with us so we can address your concerns and make improvements where necessary. If you could please get in touch via feedback@globalworkandtravel.com we’d love to try and fix it for you. Thank you.

Original review: July 16, 2018

This was good yes, 10 out of 10 would recommend. Everyone is very nice, welcoming and helpful. Have all the information you need and more, if every feeling lost they have everything you need. Can't go wrong with Global Work & Travel.

Hi Kieran

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review!

We're super happy you had a great experience with our entire team and we’re thrilled to hear your feedback, as we pride ourselves on providing a world-leading service. We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around!

Best wishes from The Global Work & Travel Co.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Global Work & Travel Co.?

Original review: July 16, 2018

Melissa has been my trip coordinator and she has been an absolute pleasure to deal with and super helpful throughout the whole experience so far. Would definitely recommend her and the Global Work and Travel team to everyone interested in a work/travel experience.

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for choosing The Global Work & Travel Co. for your trip!

We're so thrilled you had a 5-star experience with your Trip Coordinator Melissa and that she has been an absolute pleasure to deal with throughout the entire journey. We're over the moon that you'd recommend not only her, but the entire team around!

Thanks again from travelling with The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I booked from Australia and right from the get go Hannah and Bella have been absolutely amazing, helping me with flights and payment plans and reassuring me through trying times, such as my plane being delayed. I couldn't have asked for a better pair of humans to help guide me on my first journey. I'd love to give thanks to the whole Global team but especially to Hannah and Bella for being so fantastic.

Hi Erin,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us!

We're thrilled to hear your feedback and that you had such a positive experience with Hannah and Bella right from the get-go, and that they were super helpful throughout the entire process.

Thanks from The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I want you to know that I am very pleased with the quality of service your company provides. I sincerely appreciate your responsiveness and the way you conduct business. I have/will be recommending your company to others because of my satisfaction with your service. The team in the UK are amazing and they will/do go above and beyond to meet your every need. These guys are outstanding at their jobs and deserve every bit of gratitude they receive.

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review!

We're super happy you had a great experience and we’re thrilled to hear your feedback about our team in the UK who went above and beyond to meet your every need, as we pride ourselves on providing a world-leading service.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I personally have had nothing but a supportive and great experience with Global Work and Travel Co. There was constant communication and support with any question I've had and lots of recommendations and trips! I would for sure recommend to a friend or even a stranger!

Hi Ilijana,

Thanks for choosing The Global Work & Travel Co. for your trip!

We're so thrilled you had a 5-star experience with our team and that they offered nothing but constant communication, ongoing support and answered all your questions along the way. We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around!

Original review: June 27, 2018

Amazing and soo utterly helpful! Answered every question I had and made it a very comfortable experience moving to Australia. 10/10 recommend. Totally worth the experience and money. A once and a lifetime experience! Very easy to communicate with and helped me get a killer job.

Hi Harley,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad your experience was so amazing and helpful! We love hearing what a comfortable experience moving to Australia has been for you. We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Honestly my experience with Global Work and Travel Co. was nothing but excellent! They were there guiding me with all that was required of me before my arrival to Australia, never more than a quick email way. When I arrived I instantly had a friend/support group, giving me an amazing first impression. They explained the ins and outs of operating in a new country so I wasn't nearly as awkward as I would have been. Highly recommend this company, especially for people going out internationally for the first time!

Hi Warren,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad your experience was so wonderful and easy to understand! We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Kirsty was absolutely wonderful, I hassled her with so many emails and annoying questions and she answered them all without a single problem. She was super friendly and helpful, and made the experience really easy and really chill. I definitely would recommend.

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad Kirsty was so helpful and answered all your questions for you. We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

Original review: June 26, 2018

So stoked to finally be over in the UK! To finally be living my dream of travelling and working overseas would not have been possible without the help of Kirsty, Katy and the rest of the Global Team! If you don’t know where to start on moving overseas, I highly recommend giving Global a try!

Hi Talia,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

We're thrilled to hear your feedback and that you had such a positive experience with Kirsty & Katy and that they were super helpful throughout the entire process.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Kirsty has been very informative and has helped me out immensely in getting to the country and answered all my questions with upfront honesty. No ** which was perfect. I would recommend the Global Work and Travel Co to people who are interested in taking a leap of faith and working abroad with incredible support that's don't bother you through your journey. You have the freedom to create your own adventure with the support of the team.

Hi Jordan,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad Kirsty was so helpful, informative and answered all your questions for you with upfront honesty. We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

Original review: June 26, 2018

My experience with Global Work and Travel has been really good so far. They are always easy and fast with their communications. I have got a job super fast and am supported with any issues or questions that may come up. Katy and Kirsty are lovely and super helpful. I am super excited to begin my adventure in the UK!!!

Hi Jemmah,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad Katy & Kirsty were so helpful, fast with getting back to you and answered all your questions along the way. We also love hearing how excited you are to begin your adventure in the UK!

Original review: June 12, 2018

I found Global Work and Travel very friendly and helpful. I was a little confused about a lot of things regarding accommodation, travel and such and they were happy to answer any questions I had so that was great! Was very good.

The Global Work & Travel Co. response

Thanks for the positive feedback, Chloe!

We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers, so we're over the moon to hear that you had a great experience and that our staff answered all your questions along the way!

We are so pleased that you are enjoying your trip with The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Great arrival information at the London office, so helpful with everything and go through everything in so much detail so you know what you are doing. Once you get her and settled to know everything all the information needed it makes it so much easier to know how everything works in the UK.

Hi Holly,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review!

We're super happy you had a great experience and we’re thrilled to hear your feedback, as we pride ourselves on providing a world-leading service.

Original review: June 12, 2018

My trip coordinator has been extremely helpful and friendly, all but holding my hand during the entire process! It makes it so much easier having someone help you through processes like opening a bank account, tax refunds, NIN and explaining NHS. She also may as well be a travel agent with all her handy tips to get around Europe.

Hi Nikki,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us!

We're thrilled to hear your feedback and that you had such a positive experience with your Trip Coordinator and that they were super helpful throughout the entire process.

Original review: June 11, 2018

So so happy with the service offered and the kindness, especially of Chloe and Karen, was amazing. An amazing company that offer an amazing service and I love how they are here to help with anything I need. Also the view from the company is amazing and I loved the water offered.

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review!

We're super happy you had a great experience with Chloe and Karen and we’re thrilled to hear your feedback, as we pride ourselves on providing a world-leading service.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Chloe made me feel comfortable the moment I spoke, any questions I had she went above and beyond to find the answers for me. Very easy going and reassured me. Gave lots of information on places to stay after my first stay in Brisbane.

Hi Megan,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review!

We're super happy you had a great experience and we’re so happy to hear your feedback about how comfortable your Coordinator Chloe made you feel. We pride ourselves on providing a world-leading service, so we're thrilled to hear that she went above and beyond to answer all your questions!

Original review: June 8, 2018

My experience with Global Work and Travel has been amazing. All the staff are really helpful. Alex has been so helpful with all of our questions and is always there for us when we need any advice. Very friendly and supportive on our decisions. The experience so far has been very enjoyable.

Hi Jodie,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad your Coordinator Alex was so helpful and answered all your questions for you. We also love hearing that your experience has been very enjoyable so far.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Very helpful, enjoyed the orientation and getting to meet the staff. I feel more prepared and ready for our trip after today. Alex has been very helpful over Skype and email helping us from when we were still in the UK, Thank you :D.

Hi Jake,

Thank you for choosing The Global Work & Travel Co. for your trip!

We're so thrilled you had a 5-star experience with your Coordinator Alex and that she filled you in on everything and made you feel much more prepared and ready for your trip.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Really friendly team and I got placed very quickly, however I felt there were times where communication could of been better in the wait time of attaining employment. To be honest I pictured a different service experience from what was delivered in terms of communication, delivery and what was included part of the package. Though I enjoyed the service, I'm not sure the cost of the program being quite expensive you got the right amount of service and it was sold better than what I received in the end, but as I just arrived it may improve as the team have been very welcoming and friendly.

Hi Janice,

We're so thrilled you had a great experience with our friendly team throughout the entire process so far.

The Global Work & Travel Co. prides itself on providing a premium service to all of our customers, so we were hoping for some feedback on how we can help make this a 5-star experience for you? If you could please get in touch via feedback@globalworkandtravel.com that’d be great.

Thanks!

Original review: June 8, 2018

Planning the trip was super easy and straightforward. The information provided was helpful and accurate and made the trip here stress free and pleasant. Having constant contact with my trip coordinator was helpful, and took the stress out planning my trip and organising all the correct documentation.

The Global Work & Travel Co. response

Thanks for the positive feedback, Kaylla!

We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers, so we're over the moon to hear that you had a great stress free experience.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Everything that was explained was crystal clear, I would and have recommended this window of work and travel chances to friends and family, a few friends of mine will be coming down in a few months and they will not regret it! The coordinator and crew responsible are very well organized and respectful, I personally couldn't be any more excited to be here!

Hi Joesph,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad our team was so respectful and helpful throughout the entire process. We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

Original review: June 7, 2018

For my first trip abroad alone, Global was such a great support system to assist with all of the fine details, such as banking, tfn, mobile phones, driver's license, and etc. Looking forward to continuing my relationship with them as I go on in my adventure!

Hi Chrystina,

Original review: June 4, 2018

The Global Work & Travel Co. have made my experience with travelling extremely easy, from job searching to doing the visa and even just help with just basic stuff once we got to our destination. The orientation was super easy, understandable, fun and knowledgeable, I was very impressed with the presentation and I am very glad I chose to go with this company!

Hi Jacob,

Original review: June 4, 2018

The Global Working Holiday was so amazing and helpful. They have been so great with getting me set up and ready for my working holiday in Canada! They've made it easier than I could have ever thought possible to start in a whole different country across the entire side of the planet!

The Global Work & Travel Co. response

Thanks for the positive feedback, Holly!

We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers, so we're over the moon to hear that you had a great experience.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Global has been helpful with me coming over and finding me a job. Also showing where to go and see what is here. They answered all my question I had about working and seeing places. I can't wait to get into the Aussie life.

Hi Geraldine,

Thank you for choosing The Global Work & Travel Co. for your Working Holiday trip!

We're so thrilled you had a 5-star experience with our team and that they have been so helpful in getting you set up in Australia, that they filled you in on everything and answered all your questions along the way.

We're over the moon that you had a great experience with us!

Original review: June 1, 2018

This whole trip wouldn't have been possible without Josie. Whenever I had a question or a worry, she was there to help. She has helped me through every step and I owe her a lot. She is a credit to herself and the entire company. Throughout the process, she's kept in contact and been very patient with some very foolish questions. Thank you so much for your help.

Hi Beth,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us!

We're thrilled to hear your feedback and that you had such a positive experience with Josie and that she has been super helpful throughout the entire process.

The Global Work & Travel Co. expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The Global Work & Travel Co. is an Australia-based youth travel organization that specializes in travel for people ages 18 to 30. With offices in the United Kingdom and Canada and over 1,200 travel partner organizations, you will get help with planning and logistics at every step of your journey.

• Experiences: Global arranges working holidays, adventures, volunteer assignments, internships and paid teaching and au pair appointments.

• Working destinations: Depending on the type of experience you want to have, you can work in Australia, Canada, the United States or the UK; you can also au pair in these countries plus New Zealand or Europe. If you’d rather intern, choose from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Italy, Spain, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand or Hong Kong.

• Volunteer destinations: You can volunteer in Africa, Asia, Central America, Europe, South America or the South Pacific or you can teach in Thailand, Peru, South Korea, Vietnam or Myanmar.

• Deposit guarantee: Global knows things sometimes come up in life that might make it hard for you to leave on a trip you’ve been planning. If you’ve paid your deposit, Global will hold it for you as long as it takes until you can go on your trip, and will even let you transfer the deposit to a different type of trip.

• Resources to help you choose: Global is an expert at youth travel, and wants to work with you to be sure you get the most out of your experience. Check out the location guides on their website or call a dedicated Work & Travel Expert to get started.

• Best for: people ages 18 to 30 who want to travel internationally.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

The Global Work & Travel Co. Company Information

2008
877.744.5622
www.globalworkandtravel.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business