4.6/5 (126 ratings)

About Global Work & Travel

Global Work & Travel is your ticket to see the world in a meaningful way. They offer Working Holidays, Au Pair opportunities, Volunteer trips and much much more. This range of trips allows their travellers to become more than just tourists and see the world in new and exciting ways. Global Work & Travel will help you find the ideal trip for you and will be there with unlimited support every step of the journey to ensure your experience is incredible.

Pros

• Large support network
  • Variety of options
  • Payment plans available

Cons

• Limited locations
  • Some trips can be pricey

Bottom Line

Global Work and Travel is an easy, safe way to travel the world while working or volunteering. It offers a variety of destinations and trip types and an extensive support network for travelers.

Top Global Work & Travel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Work & Travel?

Verified

Everyone helping me plan my trip have been very helpful, friendly, welcoming, excited and positive while working with me to make my trip happen … I’m very happy with their service...

Verified

I’ve never been more excited and less stressed to travel in my life all thanks to Adrian from GWAT (Global Work and Travel). Within ten minutes of starting our phone call I alread...

How does Global Work and Travel work?

Global Work and Travel states its goal is to help you see the world, however you want it to happen. The company matches you with a trip coordinator and travel concierge who will arrange everything you need to start your trip. The company alsp provides unlimited local support when you reach your destination.

You can choose from a range of trips, including teaching English abroad, working holidays, au pair experiences, volunteer trips and overseas internships. The trips have a wide range of destinations, so most people can find a location that interests them.

Every trip comes with different features. Depending on your trip type, you’ll receive job interviews, host family matchings, accommodation support and whatever else you may need. Global Work and Travel also includes a range of inclusions to help you get settled into your destination.

Global Work and Travel prices

The cost of your trip with Global Work and Travel varies based on the type of trip and the destination. Trip costs range from $1,700 to $5,000, plus any travel expenses you may incur during your stay.

You pay a deposit upfront to be connected with your Trip Coordinator. They will assist you in setting up a budget to pay the remaining trip balance.

Every Global Work and Travel trip comes with the company's lifetime deposit guarantee. This lets you rearrange the dates, change your trip or gift your trip to a friend or family member, which provides flexibility if your plans change.

Global Work and Travel FAQ

Is Global Work and Travel safe?

Global Work and Travel strives to offer travelers a safe experience around the world. If you feel unsafe, contact its 24/7 emergency line for assistance.

What kind of travel does Global Work and Travel offer?

It offers trips for volunteers, teachers, workers on holiday, au pairs, interns and summer camp instructors. Different travel options are available for each location, so check the company’s website for available opportunities.

Where can I go with Global Work and Travel?

You can travel to many countries in the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Pacific. Check the company’s website for its currently available countries.

How long are Global Work and Travel trips?

The travel time depends on the type of trip and visa requirements in the destination country. Trips typically range from four weeks to six months.

Is Global Work and Travel legit?

Global Work and Travel is a legit way to travel and work without the hassle of making arrangements on your own. The company has been in operation since 2008 and has served thousands of travelers. The company offers trips to the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Pacific with plenty of opportunities for teachers, workers and volunteers. Global Work and Travel's trips can be expensive and don’t include many travel costs, but the company provides a significant amount of support and can help you arrange seasonal work to offset some of the expense. Its staff can help you with accommodations, adjusting to local life and other common travel concerns.

Global Work & Travel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Work & Travel?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

Global Work & Travel have done a great job of organising my trip to Canada for the 2022/23 ski season, the experience has definitely made life easier, and having that extra layer of security is added peace of mind. Maria was my arrivals coordinator and she was really nice and helpful, always going the extra step to ensuring I was up to date with what was coming up. I had access to plenty of resources to review so I could find the ideal location to be based, also suggestions and advice from someone based in CA. Super happy with my arrival into Canada, as well as the job that we managed to find. After my experience I would recommend Global to anyone that wants to travel but is a bit unsure about a lot of the logistics. Everything that is available and the people helping you out definitely made the experience a whole lot better.

Hi Bradley!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review of your experience so far!

We love hearing that our team made your life easier with the move, especially your Arrival Coordinator Maria! We also love hearing that you would recommend us to others as well!

Thank you from all of us at Global Work & Travel!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

Off the bat when I signed up I had a phone call telling me about my trip and everything I need to do and get in order. I then had another phone call a few months later explaining my flights, travel insurance and such. I then had a video call with my au pair manager months after who explained to me how the process works with finding a family. Every step of the way I had help to get me to my destination and if I had questions everyone was quick to respond and get back to me.

The only thing that stressed me out was not knowing what luggage was included with my flight and getting told I would pay more than what I actually did for checked bags. I also was stressed about meeting my au pair manager 2 months before I was scheduled to leave and worried I wouldn’t find a family in time. I would say maybe have the au pair manager meetings months in advance and starting to look for families sooner rather than later to ease stress. Especially because in the beginning I was told I need at least 4 months before I leave to start searching for a family. Overall everyone was so helpful and kind. :)

Hi Yvanna,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 4 star review of your experience! We are really glad to hear that you had someone to response to all of your questions in a timely manner. Thanks again for all of this feedback we can take it on board!

Enjoy your Au Pair Trip :)

Global Work & Travel!

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

Global was helpful when it came to prepare our departure. The phone number and bank process was easy. The activities promised in London happened and were accurate. They answered emails quickly and in details. Only hiccup was the flight booking. I travelled with a friend and didn’t expect to pay extra for the plane ticket I already paid for, a week before leaving the country. I thought the flight price wouldn’t change if we paid in advance like they said at the beginning. But it’s alright. Quite expensive but as my first big trip I’m happy I had them to guide me through.

Hi Jessica!

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 4 star review of your experience with Global! We hope you enjoyed all of your arrival activities & we are glad to hear the team answered all of your emails & questions quickly!

Thank you for the feedback about your flights! Due to the aviation industry cancelling the majority of routes given the understaffed shortage around the world we have limited availability on flights. We do however provide our customers with multiple options to choose from in terms of airlines, dates and routes. We understand this isn't ideal but an issue unprecedented due to COVID.

Our team will continue to be there for you if you have any questions or need any assistance on your Working Holiday!

Thanks from all of us at Global Work & Travel!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

Global was very helpful at first but we bought the flexi flight which was supposed to be a set price but when we went to book flights we had to pay an extra 500$. Also felt a bit misled about job opportunities prior to the interviews.

Hi Tanner!

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your experience so far!

Due to the aviation industry cancelling the majority of routes given the understaffed shortage around the world we have limited availability on flights. We do however provide all our customers with multiple options to choose from in terms of airlines, dates and routes. We understand this not ideal but unfortunately the aviation industry has been severely impacted by COVID.

We are sorry to hear you felt a little misled about the job opportunities prior to your interview, we would love to hear more from you on your feedback about this as we can see you arrived with a job confirmed.

We have asked your Trip Coordinator to touch base with you but we will continue to be here should you need anything at all on your Working Holiday & we hope you have the best time in Australia :)

Thanks for choosing to travel with Global Work & Travel!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

What a trip! I had a really amazing time Volunteering in a school to help teach English. I don't know if I would have gone to the Galapagos without this trip, though it was always a bucket list trip for me. There were a few hiccups, like there would be for any trip. But some things that made me a little uneasy before I went was that my travel coordinators kept changing and frequently. Though my last one, Jasmine, was ABSOLUTELY wonderful. (I mean they truly all were) I felt a little uneasy because of that. About 1-2 days before my trip, I didn't have the name or addresses of the people I was going to stay with. I asked and they were provided but maybe if they could just attach it to an email, that might be a little better.

Overall, the trip was amazing. Because I only volunteered between 7-1 I was able to do half-day excursions and explore the island without feeling rushed. I ended becoming really great friends with the English teacher I was assisting with. I was able to spend her birthday with her and her family. The people on the island are incredibly kind, the food is very delicious and the environment is absolutely incredible. A once and a lifetime opportunity that I am incredibly grateful for.

Hi Anna!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a detailed review of your experience with us!

It sounds like you had an absolutely incredible time in the Galapagos. It's great to hear that you were also able to explore the island without feeling rushed & made some great friends there too!

Thank you for the feedback as well about your coordinators changing, we have had some of our staff head off on their own travels so apologies if this made you feel uneasy! We have a really great internal system though so everything any one would need to know about your trip is available to us! We love hearing such positive things about Jasmine & we have passed this feedback on to her!

Thanks again for the travelling with Global Work & Travel!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

Went to Nepal for a volunteer program with Global Work & Travel and was glad to have Ellen as my Trip Coordinator. During the Pre-Departure stage, she was very informative and provided as much detail as she could from her end. As the trip was approaching she would call to check in to see if I had any last-minute questions. Overall the whole experience was good!

Hi Leslie,

We are thrilled to receive your 5 star review about your experience on your Volunteer Trip to Nepal! We are so happy that Ellen was able to provide you with as much information as needed and checked in with you!

Thank you from the whole team at Global Work & Travel!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2022

I used Global to do an Internship in New Zealand. I was slightly apprehensive but they are incredibly organised and communicative. Each step the appropriate person would be in touch very quickly and everyone I spoke to was so nice. My trip coordinator, Ellen, was very accommodating, she was very informed on every step and knew how to walk me through what was going to happen. All in all, they were great and made me feel very good about my decision.

Hi Chloe,

We are thrilled to receive your 5 star review about your experience with our team! It's great to hear that Ellen, your Trip Coordinator, kept you up to date every step of the way and made you feel confident in your travels! We hope you had the best time in New Zealand!

Thank you for travelling with Global Work & Travel!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022
    Hello. I would have rated my Global Work & Travel experience a 4 out of 5 only because there was quite a bit of chaos and miscommunication. But it's a very large project so it was expected. Otherwise, everyone was super nice and as helpful as they could be to explain things. You have to remember, everyone that they are working with comes from different places, so systems and requirements may be different. However, overall, it was totally worth it. They helped make the trip super fun. Like I said, 4 out of 5. Not a bad rating. If anyone was to ask me if they should go, I would say yes. I would say, "Try it but make sure you are very organized yourself and that you are ready, and you know what you want. Or else, you will be fighting for things - spots, availability, even pricing with plain tickets and such." But like I said, anyone there wants to help you, wants the best for you, and overall, it was a really good experience.

Hi Kennedy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 4 star review of your experience! We are so glad to hear that you had a good experience with our team! We appreciate the honest feedback :)

Thanks from Global Work & Travel!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

Updated on 11/29/2022: I filed a BBB claim against their questionable practices. They said they will not refund the $247 they took from my account without authorization. Apparently it costs them $247 to take $247 from me. Please don’t get scammed like I did.

Original Review: I paid $1 to register and explore the site more fully. I am currently unemployed and was looking into teaching abroad. A week later that took $248 out of my account! Now it’s going to take 7-10 business days to get a refund?!? Thanks for the not so happy Thanksgiving.

Hi LA,

We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about your recent experience with us!

After you paid your initial $1 deposit and completed your booking forms, there is a checklist which outlines what happens next. One of the next steps was for you to set up a payment plan that best suits you. If you do not set up a payment plan during this time, you are automatically set up in our cheapest bi-weekly plan, with the first installment commencing after 14 days of booking. We also outline this in our booking terms & conditions which you agreed to upon registering with us.

Our team did try to call, email & text you a number of times for 2 weeks to discuss your trip and payment plan with you. Unfortunately we did not receive a response from you so you were automatically set up in the payment plan as outlined above.

We have asked one of our department managers to reach out to you to discuss your concerns further!

Thanks,

Global Work & Travel

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

Travelling overseas for the first time was scary but having Maria to help with every step made it super simple. Anything I needed she was able to help me within a timely manner! Very happy with my experience using Global Work & Travel.

Hi Shannon,

We are thrilled to hear you had such a great experience travelling with us! We love hearing that Maria was there every step of the way for you too!

Enjoy the rest of your trip :)

Global Work & Travel!