It's that easy Request Information
4.64/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Headquartered in sunny Surfers Paradise, Australia and with offices in Canada and the UK, we've grown to offer a plethora of world-leading meaningful travel experiences to over 30 countries in the world and counting! There's literally an experience to choose from for everyone, and with 100 staff globally and a 24/7 support line, you can count on us to be there.

Visit globalworkandtravel.com to find out more!

Global Work & Travel Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Global Work & Travel Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I don't have a single bad word to say about my experience with the Global Work and Travel Co thus far. From start to finish everyone has been so friendly, helpful and informative. I'd specifically like to give a shoutout to Dylan who is my Travel Concierge. From the beginning he has been responsive and informative and has been very helpful when it came down to me selecting travel insurance and my flights. I am very indecisive and panic about committing to things (especially when they are as important and expensive as these!) and there have been some circumstances where for example, I myself found cheaper flights that did not come with the support I would get by purchasing through Global.

I was naturally hesitant however Dylan explained to me the pros and cons for each side of the argument and put my mind at ease regarding any flight delays (fingers crossed they don't happen!) transfers etc which are all things we don't want to be worrying about on our travels. I've not once felt pressured to automatically select the options Dylan has suggested to me and when it came to travel insurance for example I picked my own, yet with the flights I purchased through Global for the peace of mind more than anything.

Overall I am very happy with my experience and hope it continues to be this great up until I fly to Brisbane next February. There is always a friendly voice down the phone to answer any questions no matter how silly they may seem, I know for a fact I have probably been one annoying customer at times haha but I have always ended my communications satisfied. I would 100% recommend the Global Work and Travel Co to anyone who is wanting to travel but is a bit scared to do so as the support is incredible.

Hi Melissa,

We’re blown away with your review and we really appreciate you taking the time to share your 5/5 star experience with us in great detail. Thank you so much!

We’re thrilled our team, especially your Travel Concierge Dylan, was able to put your mind at ease and calm your (completely normal) travel nerves! Our team knows how important it is to feel comfortable when making your travel decisions and we’re glad Dylan was able to help you tailor your travel to suit your needs.

We’re so happy to hear you have been satisfied with the support and guidance our team has provided you with, and we also love hearing that you’d recommend us around to anyone wanting to travel!

Enjoy your trip to Australia with Global Work & Travel.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I have read many bad reviews about Global Work & Travel (GWAT) but here is my personal experience...real talk. They have been absolutely wonderful so far. My move to Canada isn't until October/November 2020 (I will be moving for 2 years) and they have already been extremely attentive. My trip and arrival coordinator's are so lovely and I have been able to have a Skype call with my arrival coordinator to discuss where I would like to be located and what job roles interest me.

I do note that when I first inquired with GWAT they were quite pushy about me putting down a deposit but you do need to understand that this is their job and they have hundreds of calls a day to attend to and will prioritise those who put down their deposits. They don't want to be messed around when there are other customers who are ready and interested. I think I ended up paying a total of $1800 to GWAT. This seems like a lot of money to be forking out but if you sit down and think about how much you are getting covered for, it is an amazing price that I would pay again in a heartbeat. What GWAT has done for me:

- assisting me with my visa process;
- helping me set up my bank account upon arrival in Canada;
- helping me set up my SIN Number upon arrival in Canada;
- 24/7 support when I am over in Canada;
- helping me find a job before I move;
- helping me with accommodation before I move;
- 2 day orientation upon arrival in Canada;
- 2 free nights accommodation at a hostel upon arrival in Canada;
- season ski pass (depending on job);
- $60 voucher for sim card upon arrival in Canada; and
- When I paid for my trip in full GWAT were doing a deal if I paid in full there and then I would get two free nights accommodation anywhere in America (3 star)

covered by them.

These are most of the things covered with the initial $1800 I paid (not including everything) and as you can see already it is well worth your money. Not only do I feel safer going through this company but I know that if I am ever stuck I will always have the 24/7 support. Another benefit is that if I ever want to move location or change jobs (within reason) GWAT will help assist me and I won't need to worry about organizing it by myself.

The only thing I would have to be negative about with GWAT is the price of travel insurance through them, it is very expensive. I have been quoted $7,376.82 for my 2 years over in Canada. This to me seems very extreme as I do travel a lot myself and know a lot about travel insurance. In saying that, you can understand that it will be reliable as it covers you for absolutely everything with no excess (including snow-sports). I have looked into travel insurance myself and it looks like it will cost me around $2,500 with $300 excess for my 2 years in Canada. I hope this information is helpful and if anyone has any questions feel free to ask me. I promise you GWAT is worth it and is not a scam.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

From the beginning of my trip to now which is a month until I depart (I'm so excited), there has been one person who has helped me with everything I needed along the way and I can't thank her enough. That person is Kerrie (she has been my trip coordinator supplied by GWAT), she has been my go to person for any questions, uncertainties and reassurance that I needed. She has simply been so caring and genuine. As she is an experienced world traveller she understands and can relate to how her clients are feeling before their trip. And provide them with good advice. If she ever reads this I would just like to thank you once more and wish you the best of luck in Australia. :)

Hi Lloyd,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such incredible feedback!

Wow! We are so glad to hear your Trip Coordinator Kerrie has been so helpful and has answered any questions you've had. We pride ourselves on providing a friendly and helpful service to all of our customers, so we're thrilled that Kerrie has been so caring and genuine throughout your travel process.

Thanks for travelling with The Global Work & Travel Co. and we hope you enjoy your trip overeas.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I began this experience last year and have found for the most part Global Work and Travel to be a brilliant company with especially exceptional staff. I worked with Chloe who couldn't do enough for me, despite a barrage of questions! I had to change my leaving date due to a family wedding which was an easy process. I also found the information accessible and clear which was most appreciated when dealing with the immigration process, tax etc.

My only issue with the process is with a lack of options in job choices. It is highly recommended you accept the first job that you are given and for myself I found the lack of option slightly jarring. I also found waiting so long to know where in Australia I was going to be quite a stressful experience. This is a personal preference but I think I would have liked to have had slightly more control over where and when I get a job. Overall I would highly recommend this company, especially if you are a young or inexperienced traveler. As a more seasoned traveller I found the lack of control over direction was quite tricky, there is however no obligation to go with your first job and you are also able to get your own! Thanks again for all the help!

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such pleasant feedback!

We are so glad your Work & Travel Expert Chloe was so helpful and answered all your questions for you. We do try our best to find jobs for our Global Travellers and we're glad to hear that your experience was brilliant overall.

We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

Thanks for travelling with The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I have always wanted to go to Australia, and recently I got the opportunity to do so. I decided to make a big change to my life and travel the world, this included backpacking for 3 months through Europe and Asia. Wanting to have it all it became apparent I had a lot of work and a lot of planning ahead of me. All of this while also holding down a very intensive job in a high end restaurant in the Canadian Rockies. Having no clue how to go through the process of getting an Australian visa, setting up bank accounts or getting a job I knew I would need a great deal of help. That's when I decided to go with Global.

With their help I was able to plan my own backpacking trip while leaving the Australian side of my travels to them. Much of the work being done for me allowed me to make the last 4 months of traveling the adventure of a lifetime, all without pulling my hair out with the amount of stress that goes into planning my travel, planning my move and work. By far the best move I made for a move to Australia.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review!

We're super happy you had a great experience and we’re thrilled to hear your feedback about your Working Holiday trip in Australia, as we pride ourselves on providing a world-leading service.

Best wishes from The Global Work & Travel Co.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Work & Travel?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

Kirsty has been an excellent coordinator throughout my moving process. I was constantly listing emails and important information and I received fast replies with no judgment. She has made the orientation very simple and easy, explaining all perks and problems in an easy efficient way. She has a very bubbly personality which makes her very approachable easy going.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I had such a great experience with Global Work and Travel. They were there every step of the way when I needed help. The people that have helped me out through this experience were super friendly and always willing to help me out!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Global Work & Travel were heaps sick with helping me out with all questions and queries while planning my travel. Mikayla was heaps awesome in making sure I was feeling heaps comfortable prior to leaving and arriving in Canda. Thanks heaps Global!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

The staff at Global have been very pleasant from start to finish, they were always happy to answer questions and make suggestions. I found the sales techniques for flights and insurance to be slightly aggressive, but once turned down our choice was accepted and we were offered advice whenever possible. Whilst the overall experience was a good one, I do feel the price is a bit steep for what you receive. The trip coordinator Anna has been very chirpy and pleasant to work with.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Kirsty my coordinator and Katy, were very helpful and made all my travel preparations very easy. And have been in nonstop communication since signing up, helping me with accommodation and any enquiries I have as I go. Would recommend this agency to friends.

Global Work & Travel expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The Global Work & Travel Co. is an Australia-based youth travel organization that specializes in travel for people ages 18 to 30. With offices in the United Kingdom and Canada and over 1,200 travel partner organizations, you will get help with planning and logistics at every step of your journey.

• Experiences: Global arranges working holidays, adventures, volunteer assignments, internships and paid teaching and au pair appointments.

• Working destinations: Depending on the type of experience you want to have, you can work in Australia, Canada, the United States or the UK; you can also au pair in these countries plus New Zealand or Europe. If you’d rather intern, choose from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Italy, Spain, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand or Hong Kong.

• Volunteer destinations: You can volunteer in Africa, Asia, Central America, Europe, South America or the South Pacific or you can teach in Thailand, Peru, South Korea, Vietnam or Myanmar.

• Deposit guarantee: Global knows things sometimes come up in life that might make it hard for you to leave on a trip you’ve been planning. If you’ve paid your deposit, Global will hold it for you as long as it takes until you can go on your trip, and will even let you transfer the deposit to a different type of trip.

• Resources to help you choose: Global is an expert at youth travel, and wants to work with you to be sure you get the most out of your experience. Check out the location guides on their website or call a dedicated Work & Travel Expert to get started.

• Best for: people ages 18 to 30 who want to travel internationally.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs