The Global Work & Travel Co.

The Global Work & Travel Co. is one of the world's leading youth travel brands offering over 100 meaningful travel experiences to all corners of the planet.

Headquartered in Australia, and with offices in Canada and the UK, we make travel easy so you can see the world in a meaningful way. Visit our website today to get your trip of a lifetime started!

Compare Travel Agencies

Research top Travel Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Totally awesome. No matter how silly the question might be, they are always there for you with an answer. Always ready with great advice and suggestions for things to do. Even helped me out to get a dentist when I arrived. Would recommend 150% to anyone.

Global Work and Travel Co has been super helpful and really great! I highly recommend going through this travel company if you are planning on travelling. They are super nice, and explain everything to you in detail. Great experience!

I wish I had of seen the real reviews before I signed up, I would never recommend this company to anyone. I joined and paid a lot of money last year to go to the UK and be an au pair. I left in October and worked for a beautiful family for 7 weeks. Whilst they were a lovely family there was a lot of problems which previous au pairs have complained about which The Global Work and Travel Co. "conveniently" left out. After I left the family early December of my own accord to stay with a friend in Wales for 2 weeks to look after her children, I never heard from this company again, which was very disappointing.

I ended up getting a job in London in a pub to make enough money quickly to come home after getting extremely sick and ending up in hospital. I'm really disappointed in the fact that since the beginning of December I have not heard from them once even during the three terrorist attacks, it shows this company is clearly about money only which is very sad. I have reviewed them numerous times on their Facebook but the comments always get deleted.

My experience with Global Work and Travel has been great so far. I had initially signed up for the working holiday in Canada but due to visa issues I was given the chance to switch to the Australian one. All the staff were really helpful and switched me without any fuss or trouble. I would definitely recommend Global Work and Travel to anyone, it gives you such a great opportunity to see and work in different parts of the world.

A great team of people that assist you to get all travel adventures sorted. Everything is well organised and contact with the friendly staff throughout the process was great. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Global Work and Travel. As with all the time and organizing to prepare a trip, they made it seem easy and effortless.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Global Work & Travel Co.?

Global Work & Travel Co. have taken all the stress out of organizing this trip.They were always more than happy to help with big and little questions and I would recommend them to anyone as they have local knowledge and experience that you can't get yourself.

So since my initial decision to go work and travel Australia, Global have been amazing and so helpful. Obviously there is a time difference and therefore a delay with a response but always have responded to any query and questions that I have had. So lucky to have such a great trip coordinator that has had my best interests. Can't be thankful enough for the time being, can only look forward to what's to come.

Put a down payment on a trip a while ago, now because of school I can no longer go. This company refuses to give me my money back, it looks like now I'm out of $600 and they couldn't possibly care less about my situation. They expect me to find someone to cover my trip, because apparently they're too busy scamming people to do so themselves. It's a shame company like this still exist. No customer service whatsoever. This company is a scam, please dont waste your hard earned money here. I intend to file a complaint with the BBB regarding this company's practices.

From the moment I phoned up to book the trip to the second I arrived every aspect of my trip was arranged and sorted through Global, they give you all the information that you need and provide professional and clear instruction on every aspect of the trip from applying for the visa to the little things like how to get to my first job opportunity. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

Upon arrival in the U.K the support was amazing. Orientation was really in-depth and extremely helpful. Everything was explained such as how to activate your phone number, set up your bank account and how to get around on the public transport. A lot of questions were answered and questions were encouraged. Felt really secure and safe and extremely supported.

Using Global Travel was a great experience and perfect way to travel for people who are first time travelers, like myself. They helped me out to the fullest extent and the transfer from home to Canada has been a breeze. Everything is organised and prepared as soon as you step off the plane! Global travel has been an incredible experience and would seriously recommend to anyone wanting to travel.

Kirsty is so helpful! Everything that we need to get set up here is given to us in the orientation. Everyone is so helpful and knows exactly what you need as a working traveler here in the UK. Kate is also really amazing and really knows her stuff. Would highly recommend Global!

Global Work and Travel has tremendously helped me with my move to Australia! They are all very friendly and professional, answering all and any questions. This being my first solo trip, they really helped me get comfortable in Australia. They have set me up with a phone, bank account, job opportunities, and accommodations. Highly recommend for young travelers seeking help on their first journey!

My experience with Global was great. At first I had a few different Travel Coordinators and seemed a bit confusing but after a month or two I had Alex who was really helpful. Would recommend this to anyone wanting to travel.

The staff who have arranged my trip with this company have all been fantastic, very helpful and approachable. I'm very grateful for their hard work and getting me on my way to a great year in Australia! I would highly recommend to anyone message them if they ever wanted to do a working holiday. I feel safe and know I can get any help I need. :)

Global Work and Travel Co have made traveling so much easier. Alex is my co-coordinator and I cant thank her enough for all of her help. Alex has always been quick to respond to emails and has given me all the information I've needed along the way. I would definitely recommend Global to anyone traveling.

I would highly recommend Global Work and Travel Co for anyone who is interested in Moving to another Country. My coordinator was Alex who I was very impressed with. She always responded back to my emails promptly and she is very friendly and helpful which made me feel comfortable to contact her. All in all I was very pleased with the service and how easy they made it for me to move to another Country.

Been very informative (info of the town, country, where to go, how to get around). The most helpful part was help with the Visa when to apply and what to do, as it seemed quite confusing. Cool discounts. Global is very good at accommodating the type of job you would like, and try to find either the best job or location for what you would like to do.

A few hours after arriving in London for my UK working holiday, I was welcomed by both Katy & Kirsty at the Global office. They explained absolutely everything I needed to know, without me asking many questions. Wouldn't have been able to do this without the team!

I arrived on the 25th of April 2017, I had my orientation appointment today. The staff are fantastic, so helpful, I had my job all organised long before I got here. I would definitely recommend Global to anyone thinking of taking a gap year, or who just wants to do some travelling and see the world.

I have been contacted regularly and well supported throughout this experience. As a young, solo female traveler it has been extremely challenging to commit to such big dream to come over to the UK to travel and work. I have had amazing support and flexibility from all the staff members. Arriving at the office, I have been greeted with opened arms and warmth, reassuring me that I am capable and that I have "back up" and that I won't be completely on my own.

It was my first time moving away from home and I decided to take the leap and do it in the UK. Going through Global Work & Travel has been a huge comforting and supportive experience. I have sent hundreds of emails double checking everything, changing my mind and every time the support from the team (especially Kirsty and Katy) has been amazing. My first day arriving in London was definitely overwhelming but once having my Orientation at the GWT headquarters with Kirsty I felt very comforted and eager to start the adventure with the team by my side! Would recommend their services!

This experience made us feel a lot comfortable with traveling, especially as this is our first time traveling to Canada. Fast responses throughout the few months were great, we found all our questions got answered quickly and we were very satisfied with the answers. Overall we were very satisfied with our experience through The Global Work and Travel Co., the communication was awesome and they made getting a job, accommodation and overall traveling extremely easy and stress free.

Jen from Global Work & Travel Co. has been my trip coordinator for around 12 months now and has been so helpful and very professional. I have enjoyed my experience with Global Work & Travel Co. because they have made my first overseas trip so much easier and the fact that they are still there for me during my whole trip is very relaxing.

Super easy, easy to keep in contact with Alex, if anything come up with sorting out the visa she was always there. Made everything less stressful which was great when working full-time and having a busy schedule. The job Alex organized sounded like the perfect fit for me too. Thanks for a help. :)

I would actually give 2 and a half because I am not dissatisfied though nor am I satisfied. For the price I paid to be a part of this, I don't feel that the help supplied is worth the trip, also with the extensive contract and rules in place that keep customers from being able to back out after paying and not being able to get their money back. Although aside from that, I am here... I wouldn't have made it here without Global. I will mention this company to others, but I will not openly recommend it.

The Global Work & Travel Co. are extremely helpful and welcoming the moment you start working with them. Upon arrival they make you feel extremely welcomed and safe. They are very organised and ensure that you are completely organised before you leave their office. I would highly recommend working with The Global Work & Travel Co. simply because of how organised and welcoming the company is. 10/10 for these guys! Special thanks to Jen from the Vancouver office for making me feel at home!

My experience with Global was amazing. They helped me a lot with everything I needed and understood my priorities and requirements. Alex my coordinator in the Canadian office was extremely helpful and made everything soo much easier. She calmed my nerves and made sure I was comfortable the entire way from the first phone call till I landed in Vancouver and I'm sure she will continue helping me further. Alex became a friend and it was nice to have a friend in Canada looking out for you.

I have had a wonderful experience with all the staff I have spoken to through Global Work & Co. Always very helpful, informative & friendly. Kirsty & Katy have been great help not only with organising my travels, work & living arrangements but also upon arrival. I would recommend using Global to anyone that is looking to move overseas.

Orientation was exactly what I needed. Made me feel more at ease with finding my way around London and excited about exploring the UK and Europe. Have heaps of support and feel very secure. Really happy with the service and staff are friendly and kind.

The Global Work & Travel Co. Company Profile

The Global Work & Travel Co.
2008