It's that easy Request Information
4.77/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

The Global Work & Travel Co. is one of the world's leading youth travel brands offering over 100 meaningful travel experiences to all corners of the planet.

Headquartered in Australia, and with offices in Canada and the UK, we make travel easy so you can see the world in a meaningful way. Visit our website today to get your trip of a lifetime started!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1298 The Global Work & Travel Co. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

All the staff at Global Work have helped me sort out everything needed for my working holiday in Canada. Without Global Work I wouldn't have known all the things required to getting a visa and what things I need when I arrive in Canada. I would definitely recommend to anyone that speaks to me about doing a working holiday to you guys.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Global Work and Travel Co. were very helpful from day one. They helped me make my dream come true of a working holiday in Canada! Would 100% recommended to anyone, you would be especially lucky if you got Hannah! She’s exceptional and so lovely!!!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

My experience with Global has been great, my travel coordinator has gone up and beyond to assist me in this Canada trip. If ever I have a problem or question everyone is incredible, helpful and eager to assist in any way they can. I look forward to further continuing my adventures with Global. Thanks for all your help thus far.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I sent an email to ASAP and followed it with a call. The representative, Junior, quickly sent me a flight with a fare. Once, I decided to take it, Junior walked me through the authorization form and a while later I received the e ticket. I am satisfied with the service.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

We dealt with a few different people across different teams. Kayne initially to get started, then Jasmine who was lovely, then Ashley in the concierge team, she was so helpful and prompt all the time, then mostly with Alex who was our international coordinator, she worked really hard getting us interviews and working with us, everyone was so lovely. I would recommend Global to first time travelers especially if you want a working visa. They made this quite stressful process so much better.

Hi Amy,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad your Kayne, Jasmine, Ashley and Alex were all so helpful and answered all your questions for you. We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

Thanks for travelling with The Global Work & Travel Co.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Global Work & Travel Co.?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

A very helpful company. Not only making the travel to Australia easy they've also been lovely people to get to know! Would recommend to anyone moving abroad! They will make you love the adventure and settle you is with ease.

Hi Alex,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad your team was so helpful and answered all your questions for you. We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Global Work and Travel have taken a huge load of stress wise as in helping setting up your bank accounts, tax file number superannuation, and for someone who doesn't deal with that helps a loads. Olivia being my trip coordinator, she's been great in help of sorting the working holiday.

Hi Jason,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us!

We're thrilled to hear your feedback and that you had such a positive experience with Olivia and that she was super helpful throughout the entire process.

Thanks from The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Super friendly and informative. Lots of information given in the orientation and all my questions have been answered. Chloe is brill and really helpful, making all of us feel welcome and able to ask away about anything we are worried about. Now have my tax file number, banking, superannuation, visa, insurance and more all set up. These guys have made the arrival and setting-up of the tricky stuff so much easier and much less stressful.

Hi Emma,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us!

We're thrilled to hear your feedback and that you had such a positive experience with Chloe who was super helpful throughout the entire process.

Thanks from The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I love how the presentation and the backup covers pretty much everything so far. All the questions that I had been answered and more all throughout the procedure to get here too. I'm looking forward to keep in touch with the company along all my travel time. You guys are doing an excellent work, keep it that way.

The Global Work & Travel Co. response

Thanks for the positive feedback, Alec!

We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers, so we're over the moon to hear that you had a great experience.

We are so pleased that you are enjoying your trip with The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Global was extremely helpful every step of the way for my working holiday in Australia. They helped me set up my visa and be prepared for my big journey as well as organize a job opportunity for me, on Hamilton Island.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review!

We're super happy you had a great experience and we’re thrilled to hear your feedback, as we pride ourselves on providing a world-leading service.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Really nice people and very helpful and always willing to help. Would highly recommend. I really like the building and the wombats and the people that I have met and the food is really nice and I can't wait to start traveling.

Hi Matthew,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback! We are so glad our team was so helpful and answered all your questions for you. We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Brilliant service provided throughout the whole process entering Australia. Could do with some more help securing a property now I have secured a job but the service is faultless. Thank you for everything you have done Olivia for making my long awaited dream come true.

Hi Glen,

Thank you for choosing The Global Work & Travel Co. for your trip!

We're so thrilled you had a 5-star experience with Olivia and that she filled you in on everything and answered all your questions along the way.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Everything was explained well. I'm confident in them helping me find a job in agriculture provided I decide to stay Australia for my 2nd year visa. I was worried about filing for taxes and SIN numbers and finding housing but it seems like they will make sure all that is done for me so there's no mistakes.

Hi Ronald,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad our team has been helpful and answered all your questions for you.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I received my orientation which was clear and concise, the staff are friendly and it's a good way to get everything set up as they are quite hands on. The welcome package contains several vouchers for activities like whale watching and animal sanctuaries. Overall I've received what I paid for.

Hi Kelsey,

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Thank you Global for all of the helpful info! As a traveller, it is so comforting to know there is someone willing to help with just about anything I may need! All staff is accessible and so friendly! So excited to start my time here in On.

Hi Carly,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad that our trip has been so helpful and answered all your questions for you. We also love hearing how excited you are to start your journey, we can't wait to see what you get up to!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

They have been so incredibly helpful, with all my travel questions. Really easy to get hold of my coordinator at any time of day. Super helpful & I'm really looking forward to using them during my time here, and they're great at explaining complicated side to employment e.g. Tax/Tax numbers etc.

Hi Rebecca,

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

The experience I have had with the Global Work and Travel has been very helpful and informative. They have been very positive and they keep me on track. The only thing I would change is have them be more informative on the 4 days that I will spend in a hostel when I first get here.

The Global Work & Travel Co. response

Thanks for the positive feedback, Kate!

We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers, so we're over the moon to hear that you had a positive experience with our team!

We are pleased that you are enjoying your trip with The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Very helpful and informative, made me feel at home and at ease doing something so scary on my own. I had a job before I even got here so was very grateful!

Shuttle was really helpful and super convenient, Can't wait to see all of Australia and all the wonderful wildlife.

Hi Charlotte,

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I'm happy I had a guide to assist in setting up all the documents I need, I did feel pressured in the job search to take a job I wouldn't be happy in. I do understand that there is more candidates than jobs at the moment, must've been frustrating for both of us then.

Hi Julie,

We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers, so we're glad to hear that you're happy with the assistance you received.

Our Arrivals team work very hard to find suitable job opportunities and it is made clear from the start that you need to be open & flexible to job types and locations, so we were hoping for some feedback on how we can help make this a 5-star experience for you?

If you could please get in touch via feedback@globalworkandtravel.com that’d be great!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Really helpful advice, lovely people and a smooth process. Chloe always responds to emails with clear precise actions on what to do and she also has a cool watch. My experience in Australia is going to be 100 times better after going through Global Work and Travel Company.

Hi Harry,

Thank you for choosing The Global Work & Travel Co. for your trip!

We're so thrilled you had a 5-star experience with Chloe and that she filled you in on everything and answered all your questions along the way.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Very helpful staff, everything was setup and ready for me on arrival, they have answers to every question and they always answer with a smile on their face! They also guided us through the best bits of Australia to make sure make the most of our trip! :]

The Global Work & Travel Co. response

Thanks for the positive feedback, Trae!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I'm much more comfortable starting my life here because of Global. I feel put together and organized. I also appreciate all of the opportunities I am given as well as the coupons. Also the pigeons in Australia are very friendly.

Hi Tegan,

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Global Work & Travel have been so helpful with all of their advice and I feel so much calmer and more relaxed having spoken to them. I would definitely recommend them and everyone in the office has been so friendly and welcoming.

Hi Jasmine,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad our team has been so helpful and answered all your questions for you. We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

The team at Global Work and Travel have been a great help with organising and planning my trip. They have been easy to contact and I have felt comfortable asking them any questions and queries I have. The job opportunity they have provided me with was perfect and exactly what I was looking for! They have also been a great help with accommodation and recommending activities to do. I would definitely recommend The Global Work and Travel organisation to a friend!

Hi Gemma,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad our team has been so helpful along the way and answered all your questions for you. We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I love the idea of the support system that the Global Work and Travel Company provides as I've always wanted to travel but have been reluctant due to difficulty of finding work and accommodation. Everyone I've been in touch with at the company have been very friendly and helpful.

Hi Adrianne,

Best wishes from The Global Work & Travel Co.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

My coordinator Alex has been really helpful in helping me sort out my working holiday in Canada. When coming into the office in Vancouver, very friendly staff and a welcoming atmosphere. All staff along the way have always been polite and enthusiastic, and answered my emails/questions quickly. Felt well looked after and looking forward to the rest of my trip and stay!

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for choosing The Global Work & Travel Co. for your trip!

We're so thrilled you had a 5-star experience with your Trip Coordinator Alex and that she filled you in on everything and answered all your questions along the way.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

The orientation was very helpful. They gave me all the information I needed. I cannot wait until I start my trial next week in Cairns. I enjoy surfing, kayaking, hiking and outdoor climbing. I can't wait to see the kangaroos and koalas and hold them.

Hi Gabriella,

Thank you for choosing The Global Work & Travel Co. for your trip!

We're so thrilled you had a 5-star experience with our team in Australia and that they filled you in on everything and answered all your questions along the way.

We're over the moon that you had a great experience with us and we can't wait to see your adventure either!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

My experience has been amazing. Every staff member I've spoken to has been so friendly, and it has been a nice support system. The only thing I have to complain about is the phone; I wasnt expecting such an old system, and the "spare phone" I brought with me is actually newer - but I guess that's my fault.

Hi Harvey,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad your experience has been amazing and that every staff member you've spoken to has been helpful.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Chloe is an amazing person and is amazing at her job. She deserves a big raise. I would recommend it to anyone, it definitely makes the move to Australia super smooth. I wish I could move here for life. :)

The Global Work & Travel Co. response

Thanks for the positive feedback, Dustin!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

My overall experience have been amazing. The serves and support have been so good. I feel very conformable starting this new life, with this company backing me up. Shoutout to Chloe for making my experience so exciting and I would very much recommend this agency.

The Global Work & Travel Co. response

Thanks for the positive feedback, Samuel!

The Global Work & Travel Co. expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The Global Work & Travel Co. is an Australia-based youth travel organization that specializes in travel for people ages 18 to 30. With offices in the United Kingdom and Canada and over 1,200 travel partner organizations, you will get help with planning and logistics at every step of your journey.

• Experiences: Global arranges working holidays, adventures, volunteer assignments, internships and paid teaching and au pair appointments.

• Working destinations: Depending on the type of experience you want to have, you can work in Australia, Canada, the United States or the UK; you can also au pair in these countries plus New Zealand or Europe. If you’d rather intern, choose from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Italy, Spain, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand or Hong Kong.

• Volunteer destinations: You can volunteer in Africa, Asia, Central America, Europe, South America or the South Pacific or you can teach in Thailand, Peru, South Korea, Vietnam or Myanmar.

• Deposit guarantee: Global knows things sometimes come up in life that might make it hard for you to leave on a trip you’ve been planning. If you’ve paid your deposit, Global will hold it for you as long as it takes until you can go on your trip, and will even let you transfer the deposit to a different type of trip.

• Resources to help you choose: Global is an expert at youth travel, and wants to work with you to be sure you get the most out of your experience. Check out the location guides on their website or call a dedicated Work & Travel Expert to get started.

• Best for: people ages 18 to 30 who want to travel internationally.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs