2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

4.8/5 (39 ratings)

About Global Work & Travel

Global Work & Travel is your ticket to see the world in a meaningful way. They offer Working Holidays, Au Pair opportunities, Volunteer trips and much much more. This range of trips allows their travellers to become more than just tourists and see the world in new and exciting ways. Global Work & Travel will help you find the ideal trip for you and will be there with unlimited support every step of the journey to ensure your experience is incredible.

Pros

• Large support network
  • Variety of options
  • Payment plans available

Cons

• Limited locations
  • Some trips can be pricey

Bottom Line

Global Work and Travel is an easy, safe way to travel the world while working or volunteering. It offers a variety of destinations and trip types and an extensive support network for travelers.

Top Global Work & Travel Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Everyone helping me plan my trip have been very helpful, friendly, welcoming, excited and positive while working with me to make my trip happen … I’m very happy with their service...

Verified

I’ve never been more excited and less stressed to travel in my life all thanks to Adrian from GWAT (Global Work and Travel). Within ten minutes of starting our phone call I alread...

How does Global Work and Travel work?

Global Work and Travel states its goal is to help you see the world, however you want it to happen. The company matches you with a trip coordinator and travel concierge who will arrange everything you need to start your trip. The company alsp provides unlimited local support when you reach your destination.

You can choose from a range of trips, including teaching English abroad, working holidays, au pair experiences, volunteer trips and overseas internships. The trips have a wide range of destinations, so most people can find a location that interests them.

Every trip comes with different features. Depending on your trip type, you’ll receive job interviews, host family matchings, accommodation support and whatever else you may need. Global Work and Travel also includes a range of inclusions to help you get settled into your destination.

Global Work and Travel prices

The cost of your trip with Global Work and Travel varies based on the type of trip and the destination. Trip costs range from $1,700 to $5,000, plus any travel expenses you may incur during your stay.

You pay a deposit upfront to be connected with your Trip Coordinator. They will assist you in setting up a budget to pay the remaining trip balance.

Every Global Work and Travel trip comes with the company's lifetime deposit guarantee. This lets you rearrange the dates, change your trip or gift your trip to a friend or family member, which provides flexibility if your plans change.

Global Work and Travel FAQ

Is Global Work and Travel safe?
Global Work and Travel strives to offer travelers a safe experience around the world. If you feel unsafe, contact its 24/7 emergency line for assistance.
What kind of travel does Global Work and Travel offer?
It offers trips for volunteers, teachers, workers on holiday, au pairs, interns and summer camp instructors. Different travel options are available for each location, so check the company’s website for available opportunities.
Where can I go with Global Work and Travel?
You can travel to many countries in the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Pacific. Check the company’s website for its currently available countries.
How long are Global Work and Travel trips?
The travel time depends on the type of trip and visa requirements in the destination country. Trips typically range from four weeks to six months.

Is Global Work and Travel legit?

Global Work and Travel is a legit way to travel and work without the hassle of making arrangements on your own. The company has been in operation since 2008 and has served thousands of travelers. The company offers trips to the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Pacific with plenty of opportunities for teachers, workers and volunteers. Global Work and Travel's trips can be expensive and don’t include many travel costs, but the company provides a significant amount of support and can help you arrange seasonal work to offset some of the expense. Its staff can help you with accommodations, adjusting to local life and other common travel concerns.

Global Work & Travel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Work & Travel?

Original review: May 26, 2021

Global Work and Travel has helped my dreams become a reality. I love that I was assignment a separate person for each stage of my journey (e.g. travel coordinator, arrival coordinator). Each person helping me on my journey from Global has been so friendly and helpful and has answered any question I had. I valued so much that they didn't throw everything at me all at once, and staggered each thing I needed to do, so I wasn't overwhelmed at the beginning.

However, one thing I would say is at the very beginning of my journey, I would have benefited from being given a costs list, with a breakdown of each cost, for example (biometrics etc.), as I did slightly go in blind and not really understand al the expenses that would come my way. Overall, I would recommend to anyone Global Work and Travel and would definitely say that the fee for letting Global help you is so worth it in the end, as without them helping me each step of the way, I would not be where I am now.

Hi Yasmin,

We are over the moon to receive this 5 star review from you! We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers so it is great to hear that the whole team here was able to help in making your travel dreams a reality! We think it really helps having two separate coordinators to discuss each aspect of your trip with so we are glad you found this helpful as well! We also love hearing that you would recommend us to others!

Thanks for travelling with Global & we hope you have the best time on your Working Holiday in Canada!

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2021

I had the pleasure of being able to work alongside Stacey who assisted with all enquirers I had and if she wasn't able to assist, she was more than helpful as she passed me to someone who could. Stacey provided all of the relevant information I needed for my trip and was very clear and easy to chat with. During COVID and trying to begin my trip with such a big headache holding me back Stacey kept up to date all relevant travel information, changing all of my plans completely from when we first started planning (Pre covid) herself and her team were able to adapt well to the change keeping me informed and constantly up to date. Even with all the new restrictions in place and all the extra steps I need to take, Global have made it the easiest process. I would recommend!!!

Hi Shaylee,

We are over the moon to hear what an incredible experience you have had with Stacey & the team at Global Work & Travel!

COVID has affected so many people, but we are so glad that we were able to make this stress-free, and change your travel plans to still suit you! We love hearing that you would recommend us as well!

We can't wait to continue being here every step of the way & assisting you with your travels! Thanks for choosing Global Work & Travel!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

I wish I could personally thank everyone at the Global team who helped me achieve this once in a lifetime experience. But I have to give my special thanks to the team who helped me with my big leap - Tiarna, Jaz and Vedrana. I have had my eyes open to a whole new different way of life, learnt new things and skills that I’ll be taking back home with me, met amazing new friends, interesting different people and I’ve also fallen deeply in love during my time here. The confidence I have gained within myself is something I can’t express in words.

I came from a small town where everything I needed was only minutes away, I knew everyone I saw and they knew me. I felt trapped, closed in, bored. There wasn’t a second thought when I started the process with Global and although I was upset and terrified to leave behind everything I knew and was comfortable with, I am so glad I did. I am so proud and happy of the person I have grown into. I couldn’t have done it without the help of the Global team and my family.

The team are beyond amazing, they kept in contact with me from the first inquiry phone call and answered every question I had (and lots of questions that my mum had to ask!) Of course I was skeptical at first, I wasn’t sure what I was getting myself into but I was constantly in touch with everyone from phone calls, to Skype calls or just emails keeping me up to date with everything. It soothed my worries straight away. I didn’t know where to start with getting a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa so having the team run through and tell me everything I needed to provide was a massive weight off my shoulders. They took care of all the stressful bits that come with organising life overseas, organising flights and transport from the airport to the hostel that they also arranged. They found me a job before I even left the country! Not once did I feel abandoned or left in the dark from the moment I left right up until even now, they still keep in contact with me.

I have fallen deeply in love during my time here, I have met the most amazing man. He has opened his arms and heart to me and has shown me his country, his home. I wouldn’t have been able to meet him if it wasn’t for Global. I really could write all day about how this experience has changed me as I’m sure everyone else could too. But this is something you need to experience yourself, and I can guarantee you won’t regret it!! I am beyond please with Global, they have done such an amazing job. Everyone should be proud.

Hi Dayna,

We are delighted to hear your feedback and the positive experience you have had, from our team being there to answer all your questions, assisting you with your visa and having your job lined up before you left your home country! We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers, so we're thrilled to hear our team was there to help you every step of the way, especially Tiarna, Jaz & Vedrana!

We love seeing your pictures and hearing about your trip and what an incredible journey it has been so far! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Thanks for travelling with Global Work & Travel!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

He was very excited for me. I hope that it’s all that he said it would be. Amazing opportunity and I’m glad that I will have global to hold my hand threw the whole experience. I liked how he remembered our previous day's conversation and was capable of getting answers to my questions. And how he explained that Global take care of all my flights and insurances. So I don’t have to stress about any of it. All I need to do it get my passport and arrive at airport on day of departure. And Florence Italy here I come. Great price at $5095 covering insurances and flights and getting me employment. Hooray.

Hello Faye,

We're so happy you had such a great experience with Jordan! We know that since you posted this review we have got in contact with you to clarify what you've said here, but we would just like to take this opportunity to reiterate for anyone who may be reading this review.

Unfortunately due to the fluctuating nature of air travel and insurance, we are unable to include them as part of the package. We hope that you are still satisfied with the huge range of inclusions that come with this trip anyway.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review. We very much look forward to setting up your trip to Italy!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

What can I say... Words just don't seem enough to express how great my Amazing Dynamic Duo (Trip Coordinator - Reece / Travel Concierge - Ashley) are. From the time the booking was made and notwithstanding we also have Covid-19 thrown into the mix and then all the way right through to me finally reaching my destination Prague, Czech Republic.

Throughout the entire time, my dynamic duo have always been extremely professional, courteous, helpful and and and... but above all they have gone above and beyond the call of duty in assisting me with all that I needed to do in making my dream become a reality and me landing in Prague especially during this crisis the world is now facing with the Covid-19.

Now I get to enjoy my birthday abroad in a new country that I have never really been to before. And so, I look forward to the new chapter in my life learning to teach abroad and embrace the new way of life in Prague! I would like to take this opportunity in giving my heartfelt thanks to both my Amazing Dynamic Duo (Trip Coordinator - Reece / Travel Concierge - Ashley) because without you, I would not be here in Prague right now... "THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!"

Hello Sonja,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a lovely review!
    We're so happy that we were able to assist you in getting over to Prague in such a trying time.

We know that you're going to have an absolutely incredible trip, and we'll be here for any help you may need along the way.

P.S HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Original review: July 15, 2021

My experience with Global Work & Travel has been the brilliant. They have helped with everything from the start and made the process very easy. I have always been able to contact someone for any question. After arriving in Canada they have made me feel so at ease. I would highly recommend Global work & travel!

Hi Maddy!

Thanks for leaving us a 5 star review! We are so happy to hear you have had a great experience with our team & they have been able to assist you from start to finish with your trip!! We also love hearing that you would recommend us to others!

We hope you have a great time over in Canada & we will continue to be here every step of the way!

Thanks for choosing Global Work & Travel!!

Original review: July 7, 2021

Thank you Stacey, my travel concierge for all the help. She was super friendly, helpful, emailed me back in a timely manner. She was always helpful, and professional! She was there to answer the phone when needed or answer any questions via email! Thank you for booking my flight!

Original review: June 22, 2021

Tiarna was an amazing help to me, she helped me each and every time I reached out, I had a few issues with paperwork and flights and she always solved the problem for me with ease and assurance. She kept me calm and focused on the end goal, she went above and beyond for me, she was wonderful and I would highly recommend her to any future client. She continues to check in with me to make sure I am happy and if I have any issues to just contact her, she really is amazing.

Hi Lynda,

We are so happy to hear that you had such a fantastic experience with your Trip Coordinator Tiarna! We love assisting our travellers on their trips and it sounds like Tiarna has been there from start to finish for you and checking in with you to make sure you were happy! We are delighted to hear you would recommend her to future Global travellers as well!

Thanks so much for travelling with Global Work & Travel!

Original review: June 12, 2021

Anastasia was amazing. Very helpful and really kind. Made me feel super at ease and was there when I needed her. Once I arrived in Canada she made me feel really welcome and was so accommodating. I’m so glad that I got Anastasia to help me with my experience.

Hi Casey!

Thank you for choosing Global Work & Travel for your Working Holiday to Canada!

We're so thrilled you had a 5-star experience with Anastasia and that she was able help you feel at ease & answer all of your questions. She will continue to be there to assist you every step of the way while you are in Canada.

We are so pleased that you are enjoying your trip with Global Work & Travel

Original review: June 8, 2021

I booked a two week trip to the Costa Rica animal rescue center in Alajuela Costa Rica through Global Work and Travel. It was so amazing and definitely worth it. I learned so much and gained so much life experience and gratitude for life on this trip! I am so glad I went through global work and travel as they made me feel safe and secure in my trip. And also were very accommodating and kind to me. I highly recommended global work and travel to any person looking to explore!

Hi Laurel,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a positive review of your experience with us! We pride ourselves on providing a world leading experience so we are thrilled that you had such a great time at the animal rescue centre in Costa Rica! We love your incredible photos! It is also great to hear you would recommend us to others!

Thanks for travelling with Global Work & Travel!

Global Work & Travel Company Information