2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.45/5

Global Work and Travel is a travel agency that offers working vacations, internships, volunteer opportunities and other ways to travel the globe affordably. With over 60 trips to choose from, Global Work and Travel helps you find an ideal vacation that involves work or volunteering.

Global Work & Travel Video

BOTTOM LINE

Global Work and Travel is an easy, safe way to travel the world while working or volunteering. It offers a variety of destinations and trip types and an extensive support network for travelers.

PROS

• Large support network
  • Variety of options
  • Refundable deposits
  • Payment plans available

CONS

• Limited locations
  • Some trips can be pricey

Top Global Work & Travel Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Work & Travel?

Everyone helping me plan my trip have been very helpful, friendly, welcoming, excited and positive while working with me to make my trip happen … I’m very happy with their services and would go through Global Work & Travel again in the future if I’m planning on another trip.

I’ve never been more excited and less stressed to travel in my life all thanks to Adrian from GWAT (Global Work and Travel). Within ten minutes of starting our phone call I already felt like I was welcome and most importantly well informed how this trip will work.

How does Global Work and Travel work?

To get started with Global Work and Travel, first choose your trip style. The company offers several kinds of trips, including working vacations, volunteer opportunities, au pair positions, teaching jobs, internships and summer camps. Then, pick your destination and open your gWorld account to be matched with your trip coordinator. Once everything is arranged, you receive plane tickets and travel plans.

Each trip comes with different features and perks. Packages may include a certain number of job interviews, nights at a hostel, transportation services and more. All trips include ongoing support, whether that’s managing the logistics or arranging permanent accommodations.

The company also offers vouchers on tours and other local events to help you adjust to traveling in a new country. Its destination options include countries in the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Pacific.

Global Work and Travel prices

The cost of your trip with Global Work and Travel varies based on the type of trip and the destination. Trip costs range from $1,700 to $5,000, plus any travel expenses you may incur during your stay.

You must pay a deposit upfront, typically between 30% to 40% of your total balance. Once your work and accommodations are confirmed, you pay the remainder of the balance. Global Work and Travel offers a Lifetime Deposit Guarantee, so the company refunds your deposit or applies it to a future trip if your plans change.

Global Work and Travel FAQ

Is Global Work and Travel safe?
Global Work and Travel strives to offer travelers a safe experience around the world. If you feel unsafe, contact its 24/7 emergency line for assistance.
What kind of travel does Global Work and Travel offer?
It offers trips for volunteers, teachers, workers on holiday, au pairs, interns and summer camp instructors. Different travel options are available for each location, so check the company’s website for available opportunities.
Where can I go with Global Work and Travel?
You can travel to many countries in the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Pacific. Check the company’s website for its currently available countries.
How long are Global Work and Travel trips?
The travel time depends on the type of trip and visa requirements in the destination country. Trips typically range from four weeks to six months.

Is Global Work and Travel legit?

Global Work and Travel is a legit way to travel and work without the hassle of making arrangements on your own. It offers trips to the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Pacific with plenty of opportunities for teachers, workers and volunteers. Its trips can be expensive and don’t include many travel costs, but the company can help you arrange seasonal work to offset some of the expense. Its support staff can help you with accommodations, adjusting to local life and other common travel concerns.

Global Work & Travel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Work & Travel?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

Coming close to the end of my Canada working holiday, I wanted to leave a review to let everyone else know how much I appreciate these guys! Over the last 18 months, I have had constant contact with my travel agent - even through the covid-19 outbreak, I made the decision to stay in Alberta, and it was the best decision I ever did. While my friends went back to Australia, I decided to stay and wait it out. If you haven't already, I would recommend a summer in beautiful Banff, and enjoy the slopes in winter. I have already decided to go my UK visa through these guys again. They made it so easy and seamless. I had a job lined up before I even was on my plane to Canada. They made my dream a reality and I will always thank them for that!

Hello Shadelle,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such an incredible review. Getting feedback like this from our travellers is the reason why we got into this business. We're so glad you have had such an incredible trip with us to Canada and we're very much looking forward to helping you out on your next adventure as well!

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

He was very excited for me. I hope that it’s all that he said it would be. Amazing opportunity and I’m glad that I will have global to hold my hand threw the whole experience. I liked how he remembered our previous day's conversation and was capable of getting answers to my questions. And how he explained that Global take care of all my flights and insurances. So I don’t have to stress about any of it. All I need to do it get my passport and arrive at airport on day of departure. And Florence Italy here I come. Great price at $5095 covering insurances and flights and getting me employment. Hooray.

Hello Faye,

We're so happy you had such a great experience with Jordan! We know that since you posted this review we have got in contact with you to clarify what you've said here, but we would just like to take this opportunity to reiterate for anyone who may be reading this review.

Unfortunately due to the fluctuating nature of air travel and insurance, we are unable to include them as part of the package. We hope that you are still satisfied with the huge range of inclusions that come with this trip anyway.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review. We very much look forward to setting up your trip to Italy!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

What can I say... Words just don't seem enough to express how great my Amazing Dynamic Duo (Trip Coordinator - Reece / Travel Concierge - Ashley) are. From the time the booking was made and notwithstanding we also have Covid-19 thrown into the mix and then all the way right through to me finally reaching my destination Prague, Czech Republic.

Throughout the entire time, my dynamic duo have always been extremely professional, courteous, helpful and and and... but above all they have gone above and beyond the call of duty in assisting me with all that I needed to do in making my dream become a reality and me landing in Prague especially during this crisis the world is now facing with the Covid-19.

Now I get to enjoy my birthday abroad in a new country that I have never really been to before. And so, I look forward to the new chapter in my life learning to teach abroad and embrace the new way of life in Prague! I would like to take this opportunity in giving my heartfelt thanks to both my Amazing Dynamic Duo (Trip Coordinator - Reece / Travel Concierge - Ashley) because without you, I would not be here in Prague right now... "THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!"

Hello Sonja,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a lovely review!
    We're so happy that we were able to assist you in getting over to Prague in such a trying time.

We know that you're going to have an absolutely incredible trip, and we'll be here for any help you may need along the way.

P.S HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

Since arriving in Australia for my working holiday I have been welcomed with open arms by the Global family. In the days prior to my departure from the UK my wonderful arrival coordinator Ashleigh was on the ball with helpful information to ensure my arrival went smoothly and helped ease my many, many worries (stress head alert haha).

I had my orientation at Global's beautiful Gold Coast headquarters the day after I arrived and had a lovely warm welcome and was made to feel at home. I got to meet Ashleigh in person and she helped me set up my sim card, tax number and gave me loads of helpful information along with vouchers to do the exciting activities at a time that suits me. I had my first job opportunity presented to me a week or so before leaving the UK and had my interview the day after arrival. While this was not the job for me, it was good to know there was potentially something for when I arrived.

While waiting for my next job opportunity Ashleigh has kept in touch and made sure I was up to date with everything as obviously it can take some time to hear back from partners. In the meantime I have been able to do the things I love including cuddling a koala, feeding kangaroos and even scuba diving! I email Ash most days and she is always thrilled to hear about my adventures and happy to help in any way.

I have since received my next job opportunity so fingers crossed! I know that Global have got my back and Ash (or anyone else for that matter) is just a phone call away if I have any worries at all. My advice to anyone considering working holiday (whether with Global or anyone else) is definitely to make sure you have plenty of money to do everything you want to do until you get a job because we never know how long it can take and it's much more fun to go out and do crazy things than sit in a hostel worrying about money.

All in all my experience has been super positive so far and I am sure it will continue. Trust me when I say I was skeptical at first (because hey, who isn't) and it seems like a lot of money to do something you could probably do cheaper yourself. However, when I consider all the support I have received (and will continue to receive) along with the peace of mind travelling through Global has given me I would definitely recommend it to anyone, especially if it is your first big adventure. Hopefully this helps someone! :-)

Hello Melissa,

Thank you so much for the lovely review. It's really great to know that you have had such a great experience with Global Work & Travel and Australia as a whole so far!

We've passed on the feedback to Ashleigh as well!

You should have a look at Sharing the Fun! There's a link on your gWorld account. You can share some photos and a review, make a video, or write a blog post and score yourself some pretty awesome rewards.

We hope you keep really enjoying Australia and good luck with your next job opportunity. We'll be here every step of the way.

Thanks again!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I don't have a single bad word to say about my experience with the Global Work and Travel Co thus far. From start to finish everyone has been so friendly, helpful and informative. I'd specifically like to give a shoutout to Dylan who is my Travel Concierge. From the beginning he has been responsive and informative and has been very helpful when it came down to me selecting travel insurance and my flights. I am very indecisive and panic about committing to things (especially when they are as important and expensive as these!) and there have been some circumstances where for example, I myself found cheaper flights that did not come with the support I would get by purchasing through Global.

I was naturally hesitant however Dylan explained to me the pros and cons for each side of the argument and put my mind at ease regarding any flight delays (fingers crossed they don't happen!) transfers etc which are all things we don't want to be worrying about on our travels. I've not once felt pressured to automatically select the options Dylan has suggested to me and when it came to travel insurance for example I picked my own, yet with the flights I purchased through Global for the peace of mind more than anything.

Overall I am very happy with my experience and hope it continues to be this great up until I fly to Brisbane next February. There is always a friendly voice down the phone to answer any questions no matter how silly they may seem, I know for a fact I have probably been one annoying customer at times haha but I have always ended my communications satisfied. I would 100% recommend the Global Work and Travel Co to anyone who is wanting to travel but is a bit scared to do so as the support is incredible.

Hi Melissa,

We’re blown away with your review and we really appreciate you taking the time to share your 5/5 star experience with us in great detail. Thank you so much!

We’re thrilled our team, especially your Travel Concierge Dylan, was able to put your mind at ease and calm your (completely normal) travel nerves! Our team knows how important it is to feel comfortable when making your travel decisions and we’re glad Dylan was able to help you tailor your travel to suit your needs.

We’re so happy to hear you have been satisfied with the support and guidance our team has provided you with, and we also love hearing that you’d recommend us around to anyone wanting to travel!

Enjoy your trip to Australia with Global Work & Travel.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

Have had an amazing time planning with the global team and has been stress free through Covid 19. Also awesome experience to explore a new world. Have had no issue with any of the visas or immigration as global team helps with all document needed to start your amazing journey.

Hey Kyle,

We're so happy you've had such a great experience with us. We're going to be here every step of the way for your journey!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

My trip coordinator was Reece. And he was an absolute pleasure to work with. I was pretty nervous going to Africa but he made it so easy for me- and checked in multiple times to make sure I was extremely ready. Ridiculously friendly and exceeded all my expectations. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am having a blast and it’s all thanks to him!!!!

Hey Irene,

We're so happy you've had such a great experience with us! Thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice review.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I am having a wonderful time so far. The team was very helpful with everything even during the pandemic. They answered all my questions and made sure I had all I needed for the trip. And have been making sure I was all right while here.

Global Work & Travel response

Hello Serenity, thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice review. We're so glad that you're having a wonderful time travelling through Global!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
    Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

I am not happy with my experience with Global Work and Travel. I paid $695 for my deposit and now they have lowered it to $99. I feel like I've been taken advantage of to make a big profit and now quite frankly I don't trust them. I can't get a refund either because they lock you into a lifetime guarantee, which I feel is unfair given the circumstances. Be warned they will coerce you over the phone to be as quick as you can to browse over the terms and conditions and cough up the money to get a discount so don't be fooled.

Hello Olivia,

Since this review we have got in contact with you and hopefully have cleared up the miscommunications stated here. Just in case we would like to take this opportunity to clarify our position to anyone reading.

What you are referring to in this review was a lowered deposit promotion we were running at the time. The price of the deposit does not affect the final cost of the trip in any way.

We hope that you did not feel rushed going through your terms and conditions. We like to give each traveller all the time and information they need to know exactly what it is they are committing to when they book their trip and sign off on their terms and conditions. We make this a requirement for all our Work & Travel Experts, and will regularly hold compliance refreshment updates. Although everyone is different and apologies if you feel this was rushed in this case.

We are very much looking forward to assisting you with your big trip overseas and will be there every step of the way!

Original review: July 24, 2020

Everyone helping me plan my trip have been very helpful, friendly, welcoming, excited and positive while working with me to make my trip happen especially in these difficult times. I’m very happy with their services and would go through Global Work & Travel again in the future if I’m planning on another trip.

Global Work & Travel response

Hey Lisa! Thank you for taking the time to write us such a great review!

Global Work & Travel Company Information