1.3/5 (47 ratings)

About Southwest Airlines

Southwest Airlines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Southwest Airlines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Southwest Airlines?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

I left an early Christmas gift on a flight from Logan to Midway. It was wrapped with instructions to not open until Christmas. Once I arrived at my final destination, I called the Lost and Found office in Midway and the woman I spoke with was extremely helpful and told me that they had my gift. She FedEx'd my gift to me and I had it by the end of the week. I am very grateful to Southwest for this experience. I am also grateful for the woman in Midway's Lost and Found office who proved to be kind and extremely helpful!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

This airline does a quality job of getting people to their destination at a reasonable price and tries to be on time. Their employees seem to try to do their best to make for a good flying experience.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

I flew from Denver to San Jose Ca. It was a pleasure from checking in to boarding the plane, flight was on time, airplane was very clean and flight attendants pure pleasure. I am 75 years old female and love to fly. Will recommend Southwest to my family and friends,

Original review: July 16, 2021

LaTonda helped me and was so professional. I was very impressed with how nice she was and how she spent time assisting me adding the wheelchair option which had been dropped along the way when they changed my times. Thank you so much.

Original review: June 29, 2021

Southwest now has service from Richmond VA to Denver CO. SO HAPPY with that service. Flew round trip RICHMOND to DENVER week of 21 June. Great flight; smooth and on time both ways. Only negative was requirement to wear COVID masks both ways for entire flight w/ exception of eating or drinking. Advice to Southwest - ditch the masks, especially for passengers who have gotten their shots!

Original review: June 28, 2022

I asked one of the male flight attendants after all other passengers had left the plane that stopped in South Carolina for a cup of water. He said standing there with two other female attendants “no I can’t do. That you can ask the next crew.” That’s it…. And did not try.. The two females just stood there and did not offer any as well. This is absolutely terrible customer service and in today’s time.. How difficult is to give someone one cup of water….

Original review: June 26, 2022

I had a flight leaving Kansas City airport at 7:30pm. I wanted to leave out earlier so I paid $140 extra to leave at 5:20pm the same day. I got a text the morning of my flight saying my 5:20pm flight was completely cancelled. They got me on a flight that leaves at 7pm but said I couldn’t get a refund of the $140 I paid to leave earlier. Not even a flight credit. Also I was in boarding group A on my 5:20pm flight and now they have me in boarding group C and said I would have to pay to change it. No help with anything at all.

Original review: June 16, 2022

Southwest is being horribly deceptive. I recently booked a nonstop flight from RDU to FLL and it was changed to RDU to Baltimore, to Pittsburgh, then to Ft. Lauderdale. Not only is adding 2 stops ridiculous but the fact that you let me book a nonstop and then try to put me through hell with 2 stops is unacceptable. What is going on and what is up with the deception. I will no longer use southwest due to their deceptive practices. It should be illegal.

Original review: June 12, 2022

PRICES ARE subject to change at ALL TIMES, not at times. If you cancel, then you will pay much more. Watch click on purchase - WHAMO! My change in points cost 2000 more to fly two people out! I changed the flight time, points were attractive, on the phone they said the points were in addition to my original flight. NOWHERE DOES IT SAY THAT! The site said 2 left, I purchased & it jumped 2000 points. And, a total of 7000 points for each ticket overall. This is not the first time, best to go with a cash credit card.

Original review: May 28, 2022

Worst customer service and flight experience. On multiple occasions my flight has been canceled 3 hours before my flight with no help of any accommodations for another flight. I have been stranded in an airport alone as a young woman at midnight with no help in booking another flight or finding hotel accommodations. The Southwest agent told me it’s not their problem.

Southwest Airlines author review by Erika Armstrong

After incorporating in 1967, Southwest Airlines did not start taking passengers until 1971 after a long battle through the court system. Today, Southwest is the largest budget passenger airline in the U.S., launching more than 3,800 flights per day on peak travel days.

• Discount pricing: Southwest is best known for its low-price philosophy and offers very competitive prices on flights throughout the U.S.

• Cargo flights: Southwest combines passenger flights with cargo to offer fast shipping when needed, with top-tier options guaranteeing delivery on the next flight out.

• Budget corporate travel: Businesses that do more than $100,000 in travel per year can build a customized travel program.

• Bags fly free: Southwest offers every passenger two free checked bags that weigh fewer than 50 pounds.

• Package discounts: When booking airfare and ground transportation through the Southwest website, access to exclusive discounts are available.

by Erika Armstrong Airlines Advisor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Southwest Airlines Company Information