3.7/5 (748 ratings)

About Southwest Airlines

Southwest Airlines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Southwest Airlines?

Original review: March 29, 2021

They give you free bags, most always are on time if not early, and they have friendly airline attendants. Their wait areas have working charge hubs. I have never had a bad situation with them to include when I had to travel with an travel oxygen tank.

Original review: March 29, 2021

Group seating made it easy for traveling with children. Fighting was pleasant and smooth. Attendees were very pleasant and always asking if we needed anything. The overall experience was great. Will definitely use them again.

Original review: March 29, 2021

Southwest has the the lowest fairs available, in a class of their own. Always friendly and willing to go the extra mile to get you to your destinations. I will always check them first and have been flying with them for the past 30 years.

Original review: March 29, 2021

First 2 bags fly free. Low fares. Easy website. Welcoming staff, pilots with a sense of humor put you at ease when flying. Southwest has a great attitude that consumers appreciate and even expanded their routes during the pandemic. I like the smaller airports they fly into. A+

Original review: March 28, 2021

I have used Southwest a number of times...self check in at a kiosk was trying the first time but there was plenty of help so the next time it was a breeze. Their prices are always great with the direct flights at a good time and I don't have to pay for luggage!! A win for me because I just can't go without all my stuff I Might need. I have flown twice since Covid and felt very safe. Matter of fact I have just booked another trip for next month using Southwest. Keep up the GREAT work!

Original review: March 28, 2021

For the frugal consumer that would sacrifice first class comforts for lower fare price, SouthWest is the winner. SouthWest employees generally are very friendly and helpful. The boarding procedure is less than ideal, but if you are traveling solo, it's not a problem.

Original review: March 28, 2021

I always fly Southwest. They make the whole flight experience easy. I can almost always count on the price being the lowest available. I love that they don't nickel & dime you to death with all of the extra charges other airlines have. They give me the option of early check-in. I appreciate that. Their customer service has always been friendly, professional, and helpful.

Original review: March 28, 2021

Flights are efficient and no real additional costs such as baggage costs, seat selection. Most flight attendants are very nice and very helpful. The airfares are relatively less expensive than many of the other major airlines.

Original review: March 27, 2021

Southwest Airlines is one of the top airlines that I trust. Their customer service is unmatched. I always feel safe and secure when traveling with them. In having a peanut and tree nut allergy, they always provide a snack that I am able to enjoy without compromising my health. Their employees ensure that all of my questions are answered and they always enforce safety precautions. I love having the ability to bring 2 carry on bags for free. It is a very convenient and reasonable service that other airlines do not offer. The various ticket options are budget friendly and hassle free. Whether you are a first time flyer or a frequent flyer, Southwest Airlines is the way to go!

Original review: March 27, 2021

I have always loved how easy you can book and change or cancel SW flying. Never really fly anything else. I have taken 5 trips in the last year and I have to say that now that the middle seat is being used it felt pretty crowded and I was real uneasy. The worse thing is that I know they are NOT cleaning. I have several photos of how dirty this last plane was.. #disappointing

Original review: March 27, 2021

It has been over 10 years that I have flown. I am 95. I was flying home to Charlotte, NC. The weather was clear and sunny. I believe my snack included orange juice. The stewardess was, as usual, quite pleasant.

Original review: March 27, 2021

SOUTHWEST is pretty comfortable carrier for a decent price. Remember, you get what you pay for. If you're not uppity, Southwest is a bargain. Fly on week to fourteen days and get a great price. Save more money so you and those you cherish can enjoy more of your visit any place you choose.

Original review: March 26, 2021

Southwest as most people know, generally has the best price. But it comes with some inconveniences, you cannot choose a seat! If you are flying with someone or several others, there is no guarantee you will be able to sit together. For some, this does not matter, but if this is a point of contention, you will need to either be diligent and get to the front of the line (stressful) or sit apart (yuck) But if flying alone...Kudos!

Original review: March 26, 2021

I personally just flew on Southwest a week ago. It was a very pleasant, wonderful, relaxing experience. The personnel was very attentive, very professional and polite especially the steward on both flights 'cause I had to change planes. Would recommend southwest to anybody. A very good experience from beginning to end and everytime time me and wife fly it is always southwest and besides they have the better prices and benefits.

Original review: March 26, 2021

I’m very happy with how all covid precautions are implemented. Going through the airport and security are smooth to get through. Southwest takes their customers' safety while flying as their first priority to provide a comfortable and safe experience.

Original review: March 25, 2021

Could be run more effectively and cleaner. There needs to be more incentives and easier use of online booking and communication. Adding something like random seat upgrades or random seat prizes would be a fun idea too!

Original review: March 25, 2021

Southwest is considered to be the Walmart of the airlines, reasonable prices and pretty good service but, you pay for it by some dumb people rushing and grabbing seats and luggage spaces anywhere they can. If you try to be courteous towards others you'll end up losing your seat and luggage space to a low class usually fatzo.

Original review: March 25, 2021

Best service very few problems....they seem to weather the pandemic well.... generous rebooking policies... they kept my vouchers valid when no one was traveling for a long time. Help is generally good and have a list extended.

Original review: March 25, 2021

Flight was detained on first plane, and barely made it to second plane. Then my luggage got lost on my return trip. The representative were not very nice, and took almost a week for luggage to be brought to my home. I would not recommend them!

Original review: March 24, 2021

Southwest (SWA) is the REAL DEAL! I have flown almost every American Airline Company and Southwest have continue to offer more deals and ways to please their customers. I genuinely appreciate the complimentary baggage offer and not putting this financial burden of their customers. The staff is very friendly and helpful. My family has felt very welcome and safe for decades traveling with SWA. I wish I could have the pleasure to work with such an awesome company with co-workers that has fun personalities as they do! They are truly "Fly the friendly skies" in my family hearts... Way to go and thank you Southwest Airlines!

Original review: March 24, 2021

Great fun people make airport exp enjoyable plus no fees to cancel or change flights way before Covid 19 caused other airlines to do that so they have the process down and it is easy to call them without sitting on hold forever but also easy on line.

Original review: March 24, 2021

The seats are comfortable, service is right on target. Timing is great. Service is always with a simile. Phone operators are courteous, tactful and polite. As are the flight crew. They accommodate when there is a cancellation.

Original review: March 23, 2021

I hadn’t flown in years, I decided to visit my brother in Seattle and I was a little afraid. Everyone I encountered that day couldn’t of been nicer, the flight attendants knew I was worried so they checked on me often. I would highly recommend this airline.

Original review: March 23, 2021

As a disabled person, I find they are always in tune to my needs. It’s difficult to find yourself in a unknown airport especially when transferring planes. They always have wheelchairs and the personnel there waiting for you as you de bark. The attendant knows your name and guides you effortlessly to your next flight. Having flown other airlines, I have been left waiting for help and almost missing a connecting flight. I know when I fly SWA I am treated with the utmost respect.

Original review: March 23, 2021

I like that the airlines doesn't penalize you for changing your flight. I have fly Southwest a lot and every time it has been a great from checking in my bags, to the flight attendance person, even during this pandemic time, the staff has been very positive.

Original review: March 23, 2021

Do not fly with SouthWest if need your friends and family you high maintenance. The flight attendants care about safety first and you second and that's a maybe. We are going from point A to point B and some on to point C. Coincidentally, also one of the three-letter categories that you are assigned if you choose to fly Southwest Airlines.

Original review: March 22, 2021

They overcrowding the plane and no social distancing for everyone the service could be a little faster than they provide. I actually like that they offer free luggage and they are comparable a better price than other airlines and after the flight the luggage shows up most of the time before I get to baggage claim.

Original review: March 22, 2021

Fares are reasonable. I like to travel on Southwest. The employees are friendly so it makes me feel relaxed because I was quite elderly even when I last flew. My flights, of course, have been on domestic flights mainly to the Northwest as I remember.

Original review: March 22, 2021

Very customer-friendly; allowed me to rebook at no charge when my original flight was booked over 65%, so that I would not have the middle seat occupied. They have gone above and beyond to accommodate COVID-19 rescheduling, extending expiration dates, cleaning.

Original review: March 22, 2021

They are timely, courteous and allow me the rates and comfort I need on my travels with them. Their rates are very reasonable and I like that they let you carry-on 2 bags and one piece of luggage can go for free.

Southwest Airlines Company Information