1.55/5

Discover a great timeshare now

Discover a great timeshare now

RCI Reviews

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I have owned timeshare in Vermont since 1984 and raised my family taking at least one exchange per year. We have been to the Caribbean, Europe, Florida, Mexico, Costa Rica, Colorado etc.etc. Staying in resort condominiums has saved us unmeasurable money but more importantly created memorable experiences for my family. Sure the fees have gone up but so has the cost to renting a hotel room. We feel that the $209 exchange fee for an entire week vacation is a great deal! Thank you RCI for the memories!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Just returned from a wonderful vacation in Newport RI. RCI set us up in a spacious 1 bedroom at the Newport Bay Club. Right in the middle of Newport Harbor with restaurants and shops nearby. The mansions were magnificent! Thanks RCI.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

We recently purchased a vacation ownership product in NH and signed up to exchange our week through RCI. It’s amazing how many places we can travel! We just booked a trip to Orlando for next year and all we have to pay is an exchange fee.

Original review: June 26, 2019

In the last couple of years we have experienced timeshare sales with Blue-Green, Diamond Resorts and Wyndham. As well as our own with Holiday Inn Club Vacations. One thing we hear the most is that RCI only offers 25% of its properties for exchange to other timeshares. And what was really bothersome on the sales pitch by Wyndham is they said the same. So if that is true who sees the remainder 75%? Who decides? From the reviews by the owners who are RCI members they do not seem to have much say.

We always address the issues of the property that we are considering renting by calling ahead of time to check out. Location. Views. Age. Cleanliness. In our 3 1/3 years of ownership, we have had a couple of issues with cleanliness. The RCI rep has been helpful in refunds and rebooking. It would be nice to have access to their properties that are in sale which their website has. Our link from HICV does not allow access.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

We have been RCI members since 1992. We have stayed in beautiful properties, we have no problem getting into resorts we like (mostly Mexico). I am so disappointed with the points system which RCI changed the week owners to without any input from us. Now if I have 8 points left from a booking I must pay to have it combined with another, it goes on and on. As a Canadian we pay $355 for an exchange, no matter how you do the math Canadians are being screwed. We are paid up until September 2021, after that we’re gone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RCI?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I have sat through the timeshare sales pitch a couple of times and normally it boils down to if you vacation a month or more every year it would actually benefit you. If you don't then it won't. With RCI it was a straight con all the way around. First 500 plus a month lowered to 188 a month over 84 months along with the Maintainance fees of over a thousand on the thing. Way more money than if you're staying at a place that's 150 a night every time you vacation. Also with the sales pitch, other companies say 90 minutes then it turns into 2 and a half hours, we were in there for almost 5 hours and they took us to an alternate location so we had to wait until the this shuttle that ran around the place could take us back. Other companies may do a good timeshare or sitting through their thing for a hundred bucks, but avoid RCI like the plague. They are the worst ones by far.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Make sure you double check every transaction. Last summer, they deducted an extra 77,000 points for a "dummy transaction" because they made an error on my reservation, putting it in a guest's name. It took multiple phone calls to have them remove the guest's name from the reservation (this was someone I had booked a unit for the year before). The way they fixed it was to book the "dummy reservation" and take out the extra points, but they never cancelled the erroneous guest reservation and refunded the points from that. Needless to say, the reservation was all messed up with the resort.

After hours of my time on the phone with the resort and RCI, I discovered that there was the still existing guest reservation in the system for the resort and with RCI. So, RCI cancelled the second reservation and refunded my points. Big whoop! We do not have the flexibility to book these points before the end of the year and they will expire. There is "nothing they can do". They can't extend, they won't refund any fees. They say because I have points expiring (30K), I probably wouldn't have used them anyway. Duh. I would have booked a second unit for this vacation or had enough points to choose something nice before the end of the year.

Before now, I've had pretty good luck with exchanges and using RCI, but I have noticed that their customer service and administration is poor. I have talked to no less than 6 people about this one reservation and it is not until months after it is made and the 6th person that I find they are holding my points in their account and not mine. So, beware. Know you have no recourse. I am a Club Wyndham member also--Wyndham owns RCI--but I am singularly unimpressed with both organizations.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I’m RCI member and I tried to book several times through their website. Never finished my bookings because RCI prices are always much higher for RCI members than for general public. For example, I tried to book car rental on rci.com and got the cheapest member price for 4 days 375.31 for Corolla. However, on a major US travel site I actually booked for same dates and similar conditions for $181.62. There were plenty of similar cars on this site for the same price range. It’s two times cheaper than RCI offers to its members. Well…. I think RCI management thinks that members who paid thousands of dollars for timeshares and hundreds of dollars for RCI membership OK to pay double for other services from RCI. It’s a scam! I keep both booking screen prints if RCI would try to prove that I’m wrong.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Just came from a presentation for Wyndham. Wyndham staff wanted me to convert/exchange all my Shell Vacation Club points to Wyndham points. They told me that if I had Wyndham point I had almost 100 percent chance of getting RCI exchange locations. If I tried getting RCI exchange locations using my Shell Vacation points then my chance become very slim and limited. Apparently RCI gear their exchanges towards certain point holders and not others. So basically RCI is worthless to me. I have no desire to spend any more money with Shell or Wyndham. Looks like a big shake down. What are your thoughts?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

PLEASE BEWARE. RCI in Cancun MX. DO NOT give them any information about yourself. Back then or maybe even now still this company couldn’t find me an available all Inclusive for my family. After many attempts I finally stop payment. In the beginning me and my husband were threatened if we canceled the transaction and we only had a day left before we go home from vacation. This is why they ask you how long is your stay. I hate this company they took so much from me, mentally and financially.

RCI expert review by Lisa Ann Schreier

RCI is one of the largest brokers of timeshare properties in the world. The company was founded in1974 by Christel DeHaan, and they offer a wide range of timeshare options, from resort stays to partial condo ownership.

• Part of Wyndham Worldwide Group: RCI is part of Wyndham Worldwide Group, which affords customers access to one of the largest networks of vacation properties to choose from, across six continents.

• Global presence: Travelers interested in owning a timeshare somewhere far from home can find a property through RCI, which has affiliated resorts in more than 100 countries.

• Guest certificates available: RCI members are allowed to let friends and family members enjoy their timeshare through an exchange, extra holiday or late deal.

• Members only personal protection: Members of RCI are afforded cancellation protection should they need to cancel their trip, and they are allowed to switch or keep their points should they not be able to use their allotted timeshare dates.

• Platinum Membership option: Customers who choose RCI have the Platinum Membership option, which gives them even more access to resort properties, better customer service and extra perks.

• Best for: Large families, people who want a luxury vacation property, travelers with a favorite vacation destination and young professionals with disposable income.

Profile picture of Lisa Ann Schreier
      Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

RCI Company Information