1.34/5

Discover a great timeshare now

Discover a great timeshare now

653 RCI Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

We decided to exchange our timeshare to Morrit's at Cayman Island. RCI does not have many GOOD properties to choose from. We wanted beach front which we did not get. The beach was full of seaweed, staff said it is like that all year. RCI was rude and all they care about is getting your money. Hidden fees from RCI and the exchange like daily tax resort fees, daily room clean fees and electricity not included. We had to fly back early to avoid the Dorian hurricane and RCI would not refund anything. Bottom line timeshares are a waste of money!! You can pick a nicer place to stay and cheaper.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Called to check on cancellation due to Hurricane and the supervisor NO JOKE told me they didn't need to cancel at all, it was a courtesy. This is Hurricane Dorian we are talking about and a reservation in Hilton Head THE DAY it's supposed to hit. We were evacuated from Charleston, you can't fly there, you can't drive there. The state has declared a state of emergency. I cannot stand this company and wish we had never been gifted the timeshare. Disgusting response.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I just recently became a member and already got all the “pleasure” to be there. It is awful, greedy company with very limited abilities offered to members, very high fees and very limited options to chose from. Shame. What is more important – they are out of touch with members completely. Just now, when the Hurricane Dorian, IV Category hurricane already declared, is coming towards Florida, when the Governor declared state of emergency all over entire state these people are kind of “monitoring” the situation (without any specialist for that purpose at all). And when asked – what to do with reservations for the resort on the Atlantic beach of Florida exactly for this holiday weekend – they said – "You may cancel and pay the fee because of that cancellation – that is the mandatory policy of RCI."

You see, what do they mean – you are pushed to go to the dangerous zone of Existing IVth category hurricane or you would need to pay them the fee for cancellation. It is irresponsible, rough, I guess unlawful attitude. The attitude of Official representative, demonstrates negligence towards members (and we are paying membership fees for that negligence!). I don’t know how this case would turn out. But in any case of losing any penny I would initiate the law case against this dishonest, greedy, indecent company. Moreover, I will start the campaign on social media to involve as many as possible frustrated members. This company would not run from that without punishment. I promise. And I am asking all the abused members to follow legal actions against it.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I purchased this program in two years ago and give RCI $2500. I had been a member of RCI since 1984 and believed they were trustworthy as my previous experiences had been good. The travel package, however, is a completely different story. They sell you on cruise and resort certificates. One, the resorts are very limited, mainly in Mexico. Two, you can purchase a cruise or a resort yourself for the same or less than what RCI will quote you. I was purchasing an Oceanic Cruise for $5899 with their "cruise certificate" only to discover I could purchase it directly from Oceanic for $5699. Great value!!!! The only way I got my money back was through savings dollars which was the money I gave them to start with. Stay away.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I have been trying to get my refund from a cruise I booked in January for June 2020 through RCI agency. NCL stated it would take up to 10 business days. Every time RCI calls them I have been on hold from 45 minutes to 2 hours plus. All I am told is to check with my bank. I was actually going to use part of the deposit to book a different cruise. I am also a travel agent and wanted to work with NCL directly. With such poor customer service I cannot even direct my clients to book a NCL cruise. I still do not have my refund and I keep getting conflicting information. This morning I was on hold over 2 hours to be told that the agent spoke with NCL and then he said he did not talk to them and he was frustrated because he was on hold for over 2 hours for me. He was from India and even raised his voice out of frustration.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RCI?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

We had RCI for 8 years and the past 3 years we could never find an available timeshare to exchange so we ended up cancelling our membership this past year. We were limited to travel dates during the kids school breaks so maybe a couple with no kids would find RCI useful but I doubt it.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
      Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

It is virtually impossible to reserve a date on the exchange program. Prime locations in Maui, NYC, Calif ocean locations, etc never appear. It’s obvious someone buys up all prime locations. Am Screwed.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

Booked our cruise 06/2019 for 07/31 - 08/03. Called numerous of times letting them know it was my husband's birthday while on the cruise. Mind you this was our first cruise ever. Was told that we was getting an onboard credit due to not doing in Cuba. Called to verify that numerous of times. The day of the cruise did not get the credit. No hot water in room. Sister's luggage was lost and no one knew it was my husband's birthday.

Note left in room saying the hot water was fixed but it wasn't. Took showers in my sister room. I made a purchase on 08/02 which was placed on my credit card at the end of my trip 08/05. My statement showed that charge and my settlement amount. RCI got my final payment from my credit card and still have 2 hold on my card 08/02 & 08/05. Keep getting the runaround for it to be released. RCI is only for the money. They don't care about the guest. They don't see us as people. They only see $ walking. RCI ruined us cruising ever based on this first experience. Still not released.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I bought a timeshare at a Sandos Resort Cabo San Lucas in 2015. RCI wined and dined me, but they never had ** to do with the Resort. They sent me an invoice for $242 and I paid it (dumb thing to do). I called them in 2017 and they said my points had expired, for $242 I could buy more points. What a ** show, don't ever buy a timeshare that has anything to do with these leaching, sorry, excuse for a business. Yours Truly, Chad **

Original review: July 28, 2019

Most of the properties on RCI are very outdated (dark red sofas, green carpet, dingy floral curtains type of places). And if you purchase insurance for a trip, don't expect to get a cent back. They still charge you for the exchange fee, any guest passes, and just return the week. My most recent vacation I booked at an all-inclusive resort, and it turns out the cost of exchange, plus the resort fees, totaled almost 50% higher than booking direct through the hotel! You may have some luck occasionally, but it's mostly a waste of money. I'd recommend to stay far away from this money trap.

RCI expert review by Lisa Ann Schreier

RCI is one of the largest brokers of timeshare properties in the world. The company was founded in1974 by Christel DeHaan, and they offer a wide range of timeshare options, from resort stays to partial condo ownership.

• Part of Wyndham Worldwide Group: RCI is part of Wyndham Worldwide Group, which affords customers access to one of the largest networks of vacation properties to choose from, across six continents.

• Global presence: Travelers interested in owning a timeshare somewhere far from home can find a property through RCI, which has affiliated resorts in more than 100 countries.

• Guest certificates available: RCI members are allowed to let friends and family members enjoy their timeshare through an exchange, extra holiday or late deal.

• Members only personal protection: Members of RCI are afforded cancellation protection should they need to cancel their trip, and they are allowed to switch or keep their points should they not be able to use their allotted timeshare dates.

• Platinum Membership option: Customers who choose RCI have the Platinum Membership option, which gives them even more access to resort properties, better customer service and extra perks.

• Best for: Large families, people who want a luxury vacation property, travelers with a favorite vacation destination and young professionals with disposable income.

Profile picture of Lisa Ann Schreier
      Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

RCI Company Information