1.19/5

Discover a great timeshare now

586 RCI Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

RCI does nothing to make the customer happy. A few weeks ago, they tried telling us that our deposit was never done. It took about 5 phone calls to RCI and our home resort and it was our home resort that realized we did deposit it, we had combined weeks. I kept getting emails from RCI telling us it was never deposited. Very unprofessional company and never does anything to accommodate the customer.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I have been an RCI member for many years. I have had positive experiences with them in the past, but the last few years, the company has many scams going on. When you look for a vacation resort on their website, there is never anything available in your timeframe, but miraculously when you get an agent on the line, lo and behold there just so happens to be one available. The problem is, it is a run down, $50 per night hotel room quite far from the destination you are requesting. Meanwhile, I deposited a $900 value, 2 bedroom unit in a highly sought after vacation destination and the agent is frustrated and doesn't understand why I don't want to waste my $900 value exchange on a run down hotel I can book on Hotels.com for $50 a night.

My last resort I checked into in Florida was so dirty and run down, I checked out early. 3. They have a gotcha on everything. Combine weeks, points, extend, trade, all fees that mount on top of your membership fees. Adding hundreds of dollars to your vacation value that you are probably never going to recoup. This is so disappointing for the timeshare industry. I now find I just keep my unit and visit my home resort each year to at least get my monies worth.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

My wife and I took my parents on an Alaskan cruise. The flight RCI had booked us on was canceled. RCI did not notify us of the cancellation. They did nothing to fix the problem and we spent one night in the airport in Seattle. I had to purchase four new tickets from another airline that cost an additional $4700. RCI will not accept any of the responsibility. Instead they are blaming it all on me. Do absolutely nothing with RCI. They are the biggest joke ever!!!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

RCI requires you to deposit your time sharing vacation week BEFORE you can search for what is available to exchange. Once deposited, you can not get your week back. The problem is that almost nothing is available for popular places and times of the year. Consequently, it is very likely that you will deposit your week and be left with nowhere to go. In addition, RCI has a formula that calculates what your week is worth for an exchange - they call it "trading power" and it's based on demand for your unit and number of people it will sleep. If your unit isn't worth at least as much as the unit you want to exchange, you're out of luck. This means that even if you got incredibly lucky and found a place you wanted to go, you still might not be able to do the exchange. RCI is a high risk proposition and a formula for disappointment.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

RCI has devalued my week because I did not convert from the weeks' program to the point system. In order to receive previous benefits I had to become a Platinum Member... But the Platinum membership has done nothing for me, For the past 2 yrs I cannot get an internal exchange at my own resort, or in New Hampshire. When someone deposits a week, RCI can get more $ from rentals than from exchanges. This should be illegal. What I have decided to do is put my week into the rental program at my resort, when I am not using, and letting my RCI membership expire!!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RCI?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Member since 1993 and am fed up!! Do Not get vacations you want. Always suggest a lesser one not popular location. Can't get Disney World but Wright's Dairy Farm is available! Always have to pay for something. Pay to deposit points and weeks, pay to use points and weeks, pay to have family use points and weeks, pay to have family check in before you under your reservation. Suggest resorts then have to pay to use all facilities. Over $150,000 paid in 25 years and still get the runaround and they keep increasing prices. BUYER BEWARE. DO NOT SIGN ON!!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I have seen other reviews of the same experience I have had with the RCI travel package group and had only wished I had read them before making the same mistake. I also bought a travel package for 1 premium cruise plus 1 week resort stay or 7 night Hawaii stay. When the dates were available, I found the premium cruise I wanted to book on the RCI travel packages site and contacted RCI to book it. The retail price of the cruise on the cruise lines website ended up being roughly $200 dollars more than what I paid per person through RCI, this was for a $3,960 dollar package. When I contacted RCI to ask when the credit for the cruise would be applied, no one could give me an answer.

I figured this was in process in their system and after several weeks, I got a notice from the cruise line I owed $5000 for the remaining balance on the cruise. I have yet to get any value for the certificate and the best explanations I can get from RCI (usually before getting disconnected) is that the cruise is not all the value of the certificate and the hotel resort stay and savings cash are also part of that value, which they are but apparently the cruise value is zero. DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE. I have always had positive interactions with RCI when trying to trade or use trading power to find a resort but their sales are classic bait & switch.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I have been so displeased with this package. Nothing was as described at the time of purchase. I was promised 2 cruises and one week at a resort. The first cruise (after adding service charge, port fees and taxes) was less than 200.00 than I had purchased it online. The port fees were double the amount that the cruise ship company charged. The number of free resorts drastically decreased over time. Many charged over 1,000.00 per week. I am able to get an extra week through RCI for less than 300.00 When questioned, I was told that RCI had no control over its inventory and that the resort set the prices.

Communication with the travel certificate department is difficult. If I called three times and was connected to three different agents... I received three different answers. In addition, after hearing my concerns, the agents often suggested that I expand my package (for an addition cost) so I could access more options. I have been a member of RCI for about 30 years. I have always been pleased with any interactions that I had. This experience has soured my opinion of RCI. I strongly recommend that you read the many negative reviews before considering the purchase of the travel certificates.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

We just wanted to share our experience as RCI members this far- We purchased a 2 year membership and we were “sold” on the “unlimited availability” and “discount packages/potential”. We have attempted to book 4 trips with RCI in the 3 months since having our membership. 3 of the destinations there were “no available properties” and the 4th was to a resort in the Bahamas. Luckily we shopped around before booking with RCI, because it was CHEAPER to book directly with the resort. We regret purchasing this membership and would warn others considering to be cautious.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

This complaint is about my timeshare. I have a timeshare with RCI that I saw at Tahiti village. My payments go to the ASNY company LLC. 801 S. Rampart Blvd Ste 200 Las Vegas Nevada 89145 (702) 967-5000. I signed up March 21st, 2017. My problem is I'm paying over the amount I was prepared for. I feel I was tricked into becoming a member of RCI. I wasn't explained any numbers on the documents. I thought the papers would match what I had seen on the flyer and talked with Robert, the manager on the floor. So when I called him and asked him about my interest rates he said he couldn't help me and gave me a phone number. He said he had nothing to do with that. He was the one that had made it seem it was going to be a once in a lifetime opportunity that would cost 18,037.92. Because I have a big family I thought it was worth it. This is what I thought I was buying.

The sale price of the timeshare was 18,037.92 for a platinum membership with 800 dollars in savings dollars credit, a 183 dollar year RCI membership fee, with extension points up to 4 years; 47,700 points to use per year, a free week stay at Tahiti village also per year in a Bora Bora unit. This is what I read on a paper that I was signing up for. I gave a 1,860 dollar down payment on the 18,037.92 package deal amount. Since March 21st 2017 I have paid 3,267.93 dollars in interest to the day of 8/28/18. I found out about the money going to interest, when I called a number from RCI and got a website from them to find my payment statements. I would only get a call from RCI if I didn't have enough money on my account for the monthly payment, but never monthly statements. After my downpayment my loan amount was 16,729. My statement says I still owe 16177.92.

Of all the payments I've made, 551 dollars have gone to the loan amount. 6,089.55 money has gone to interest and fees in a little over two years and 5 months. I have paid Tahiti 961.62 in "fees" over letters in the mail. I never have stayed at Tahiti. I have not used any points on RCI, any "savings dollars", which I never received. I haven't stayed at Tahiti once. Now Tahiti wants 591.76 in more " fees" according to a letter I got in the mail recently. Sadly I paid it because no one could help me waive the fee at explain anything. RCI wants 213 dollars for an annual membership fee that was supposedly 183 when I signed up. Luckily I have all the paperwork together.

I went to a banker and they couldn't make sense of my loan calculations contract. Looks like this: Loan calculations Total payments 36,212.40, Finance charges 19,482.46, Amount financed 16,729, Annual percentage rate 17.62, Total interest rate 116.46. I want my contract canceled. I do not want to pay any more fees or membership payments. I have paid too much money for nothing, every month with automatic payments. I want my membership with RCI and Tahiti canceled. With the cancellation I want to have some type of payment for all the money I've given. For all the payments I have made, I want one free week at Tahiti. 800 dollars in savings dollars credit that I'm owed. 95,400 points on RCI to use through June 31st, 2019. I would just take my money back but I assume that's not possible.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

You have a dedicated week. If you reserve your already dedicated week 16 months in advances it will be lost if you don t call back 12-13 month prior. Then why does your contract say you have this week reserved (period). Refunds must be made in 24 hours. You cannot used the seize money for another trip. Every damn call is... "Would you like to renew for a year or two." They push this. Customer service is brain dead and of 0 help. Buying vacations straight out without RCI is much much cheaper. Don’t use them!!! You will be sorry.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

You always have to pin RCI down to the last penny IN WRITING. They will flat out lie. I was told the price of the cruise certificate would all go towards cruise I chose. Not true at all. About $1,000 went towards the resort benefits. Having read other reviews, I am also going to ask for specifics in writing about any other pass through fees. I will say when I found the cruise cheaper, they did honor that. We like the same resort and were able to get our extra weeks at a premium time. Read all reviews and ask every last detail. Ask for everything in writing.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Customer service complaint: don’t ever use RCI travel to book a cruise. It’s a fraud, customer service is not there for the customer. Our cruise was canceled by Norwegian Cruise line without RCI notifying us of any discrepancies. I could not get any information from RCI and therefore needed to contact the Cruise line directly, of course Norwegian Cruise line could not assist me because I had booked through RCI. After approximately four hours on hold over the past week RCI customer service has still been unable to assist us. Customer service supervisor Cathrine (I can’t confirm this is your title) that’s what she claims she is, has been working with the cruise line since last Sunday. She cannot get anything resolved, and therefore I am told has transferred it to her supervisor, of which I cannot get the name or contact information for.

Today after 2 1/2 hours on hold (Because I refused to hang up until someone could assist me) I was transferred to a department called “Office of the president”. Don’t let the department name fool you! Sharon **, Is another customer service rep, that couldn’t even tell me the president’s name of the company office she represents! When asked who her supervisor was I was told her customer service manager Simone **, was unavailable because she was on an extended leave. When I asked whom I could speak with to get my travel plans completed I was told that it could not be resolved at this time. What does RCI travel only have one customer service manager? Our cruise scheduled for October 6, 2018 out of Honolulu Hawaii, we live in Dallas Texas, how does RCI expect us to have our travel plans set to get to Honolulu?

We are beyond frustrated with RCI travel. We have been RCI members 15 years, to the highest level they offer and honestly 10’s of thousands of dollars have been paid to RCI. Have received the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life. Customer service supervisors and managers should always be available for customers! Is that not their purpose? Is that not what RCI travel brags about! It should not take five days for someone to transfer you to a department that you were led to believe has decision-making capability when in actuality you’re being transferred to another customer service representative that has no more authority than the first person picked up the phone days earlier. The only thing I experienced with my calls being escalated… Was the attitude of the customer service representative deteriorating because of their poor attitude, inabilities to resolve simple issues and poor communication skills.

Bottom line RCI Travel It’s not keep its commitment of excellent customer service, in fact they have no customer service. Warning warning warning… Keep away from using RCI travel services. If you get referred to “The office of the president“ you are being passed to the person in the cubicle next-door who can’t resolve your problem and has no additional answers and the initial person that answered the phone. Very very sad state of affairs for number one travel timeshare company in the United States! Makes you want to rethink do I really want to keep my timeshares!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

RCI was great at one time. Then the Wyndham "thieves" took over. All rates never stop going up. Limited hours to contact RCI. Not open Sunday when you have a few minutes to plan a vacation. They give away vacations you put on 24 hour hold well before the 24 hr deadline...probably had a chance to RENT IT. Want to let your grown kids use it...have to pay more more for a guest pass...ridiculous. Try to find an exchange at a decent resort. Good luck. But I promise you Wyndham will have units available for rent. Just nothing for we exchangers. What a SCAM. I BELIEVE THEY GOT SUED FOR THIS but it didn't slow them down apparently. How can you have Extra Vacations at a resort but nothing available at the same time for exchange? Hmmm...very interesting!

You used to be able to get a 2 bedroom in many areas such as Las Vegas. It was great if you were traveling with friends. Now all the lock off units are exchanged separately or rented. Doubles Wyndham's revenues. Their mission statement is: GREED. SCREW THE CUSTOMER. MAKE THEM BUY A PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP OR THEY WILL GET NOTHING! I Have owned timeshare since 1982 and have enjoyed it a lot until the "Crooks" took over. When you talk to other owners at a resort, boy do they get riled up. Everyone feels the same way. I haven't heard anything good said about RCI in a number of years. Prices go up, service goes down. Way down. Ask RCI for help with an issue, either no response or no help whatsoever.

RCI used to take care of its owners when they had a problem with a resort. I also think resorts must PAY FOR THEIR RATING because I've gone to a lot of top rated lousy resorts. Other resorts have no rating and are really nice. These are strictly my opinions and experiences with the "new" RCI. Hopefully you will have great luck. It really did used to be a wonderful experience. I will say that most of the RCI customer service people are fantastic. You can tell that they Want to help you but apparently company policy won't give them much latitude to help an owner.

Original review: June 30, 2018

PLEASE READ AND TAKE IN CONSIDERATION. First and foremost let me start off by saying this company is by far the worst company to ever purchase a vacation package from. Me and my husband paid $2,600 for the entire package. We booked a 7 day resort stay in Cancun Mexico for me, my husband, and children. I called back to change our destination because of the killings that have been going on in the tourist area and their supervisor did not accommodate the destination change because we didn’t pay a cancellation fee. What the supervisor of this company did do is speak over me every time I needed to speak, asked what channel this news was on, recommended us to send another friend to take our package if we didn’t want to go and tried to tell us about the dangers going on in the United States which still at the end of the day did not try to make their customers satisfied as if we did not just pay $2600.

They prefer to keep your money and recommend you to send other friends and family to risk their safety. I would never send myself or friends and family anywhere where they have innocent tourists being killed. Even a politician was reported killed there. Again the money was the least of our concern. We wanted a destination change and we were willing to pay a cancellation fee just to go somewhere safe for us and our children. Do not make the mistake of purchasing with this company. We have booked with better companies that never gave us this hard of a time and unprofessionalism.

We even recommended 4 friends to this company who purchased the package as well and that was the worst decision because they have had several minor issues with their packages. The supervisor of this company I spoke to needs better training and should be demoted because she did not come off as someone professional or someone that sounded like they cared about the customers' safety but more of money hungry and uneducated. Do not throw your money away with RCI travel packages. Save your money and your safety.

Original review: June 15, 2018

My father in law owns the account with RCI. Six months ago he added his son and I to the account. RCI said that he must send a death certificate for his wife in order to remove her as an owner from the account and that we would be added in her place. My husband and I called today to book a vacation. We have two weeks. First problem, we were not on the account. However we provided the account info and explained our relationship to the account holder and they allowed us to continue without issue. They informed us that to book the location we wanted, we would have to combine our weeks and pay $180 for a combination fee. We said we'd discuss and call back later. We called back deciding to go ahead and combine the two weeks. Again it was not an issue that my husband and I were not on the account.

They charged us the $180, then informed us it would be an additional $300 for the exchange fee on top of the week combination fee. Tired of talking to RCI and really needing that specific location for those specific dates, we asked them to go ahead and book the 2 bedroom and gave them the card info. I supplied my email address so that I'd also receive a confirmation email. The email was never sent to me. My father's husband called us and informed us it was only for 1 bedroom, not the 2 we requested. We called RCI back to get it fixed and they refused to speak with us about the account because we were not account holders. Why is it that for the first two calls we had no issues and they were willing to take our money, but the second we tried to fix their error with a third call they would not speak with us?

We tried to add the account owner to the call but the call dropped. The owner is now on the phone with them demanding that they give us the 2 bedroom we originally requested. I will be selling this timeshare the second that booked vacation is over. In total, we paid $400 per year for maintenance fees. Because we had to combine two weeks to get the location we wanted that's $800, plus the $180 combination fee, plus the $300 exchange fee. That's a total of $1,300 for this one location. It's not worth it. Avoid this company like the plague unless you plan on going to the same location every year.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I have owned with RCI for 20 years and in that time have managed to make some exchanges and travel but with crazy costs. Now I'm booking a trip more than 15 months in advance and their cancellation policy states you lose your money by the end of the day of booking! So I book today for a trip in September of 2019 to VA and I lose all my money if I have an emergency or need to make a change in travel? That is a ridiculous practice!!! Their "insurance" only covers point return, who gives a crap about points? We work hard to save for vacation, I want the option to be get a refund if I find out I can't travel.

Original review: June 5, 2018

We visited Hawaii recently and I had booked a room at Aston Kona by the Sea through RCI Platinum. It had good reviews and fit our needs perfectly. Until we arrived late one night on April 18. We were very disappointed in RCI partnership property and the customer service we received from RCI when attempting to cancel. The rooms had mold in many places, the shower was dirty, and the rooms had a horrible odor to them. The mold and dirt were fighting with my allergies.

When I called RCI, we were told there was nothing they could do as we used points ($300 dollars worth and paid $2100 in credit card). One week later, I did finally receive a voicemail from Roberto at RCI that RCI would be reimbursing the "unused" portion of my stay (6 nights). This was satisfactory to me. I waited for the charge to be reversed for weeks. Finally, once connecting with Roberto again, he said they couldn't credit my charge card so they would be sending a check. I am still waiting, nearly 7 weeks later.

We will not be renewing our membership with RCI as the customer service was rude and the solution was unacceptable. Basically, we were out $2100 and went to a different hotel. We stayed one night as we didn’t get in until 8 pm. The staff at the hotel were nice but the accommodations were substandard and have changed my views on RCI properties. We have been loyal customers for years. Unfortunately, customer satisfaction does not mean much to your company. So disappointed in RCI.

Original review: May 28, 2018

Be careful when purchasing a cruise certificate through RCI. They have limited access to all ships and you will definitely pay a premium! They tell you all kinds of wonderful things about how you are saving money, but it's false. We ended up paying $430 per person over what we could have booked the same cruise through the actual cruise line. It took months for them to find us something because every cruise "expert" you talk to wants to up-sell you! BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: May 25, 2018

We got into RCI 22 years ago. Have seen nothing but scams, a revamped system that cost us $$$ thousands more that was supposed to be new and improved that never really worked out either. They said the new system was the way to go, give them more $$$ or be left out in the cold. Costs of trading that continually rise. Do not buy a timeshare, you can find great travel deals on your own using Google and searching for condos. By the time you pay your maintenance fees,(Which never cease to stop increasing), pay your RCI membership, (Which never stops increasing), and pay your exchange fee to RCI, (which never stops increasing) on top of your original purchase price of your condo, you can vacation cheaper without belonging. WORLD'S biggest SCAM!!!

Original review: May 20, 2018

Met up with RCI team. Great sales pitch. I mean who doesn’t want to save money on travel. We were close to signing up then thought we would quickly check some reviews. Best thing we did because even though it sounded great at the time, we would not have been happy not being able to book accom when we needed it or finding out that there were extra hidden costs which would have been a nightmare and a bad investment. Interesting that the original cost was $21,000. When we asked for discount it came down to $16,000. Feedback saved us.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I'm a current member and would advise anyone not to purchase this membership. They lock you into a 45-year contract and you cannot book a stay when you need to, or where you want to. Customer service is terrible and that patch you around to the wrong departments. The program is the complete opposite of what was presented during the presentation; RUN and RUN FAST, it's not worth the paper it was printed on. I wish I would have NEVER purchased this membership; NEVER.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I have been with RCI for about 20 years now and the trading in for another TS is getting ridiculous! The 'good' ones are NEVER available and I can't get them even with a year's notice paid search! The timeshares that are in their system, are NOT convenient to the places I want to travel and websites like VRBO, Airbnb are WAY MORE POPULAR to get what you want and cheaper!!!

Original review: April 13, 2018

I find it frustrating when trying to find a place for a vacation after I have deposited my owned weeks. Places like Lead, South Dakota (the only RCI place in SD) only has available openings in the months of Oct-March... REALLY! Not good timing if on a motorcycle! Everything is like that. North USA months I can see are available in the winter months and South USA months in the summer. I am making the assumption however if I pay additional fees for Prime Membership those other dates may just magically appear and become available. Like the exorbitant fees they charge in the first place aren't enough!

Original review: March 30, 2018

Don't assume you are using what you have. I book a flight with my points. You assume it will come from your total balance. WRONG! They deduct from your "current year" balance and let the points from "previous" year expired so they can charge you to extend the pint for "one more year". Even my account balance shows my "current" year balance including those so called "expired" points. Cannot find the policy. Call the customer service, the answer is "you are wrong!" Try to get out the membership whenever you can. I wish I can give "zero star".

Original review: March 20, 2018

I need a hotel for a week this summer in order to take my comprehensive final exam for a doctorate program. I called RCI to see if they had any available hotels in the area at a reasonable rate. The representative stated that they had inventory comparable to the market rate. During the reservation he stated that the reservation would comes with travel insurance and if there was a need to cancel call them and they would review my options. After booking the reservation I discovered the price of the hotel was almost $200 dollars more than the hotel listing on the internet. When I called back they stated that the travel insurance only covered emergencies and then if I canceled the reservation I would forfeit the entire amount. The representative, to put it mildly, misstated the facts about the travel insurance and the market value of the hotel. I will never book another hotel reservation this company.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I was offered a cruise by RCI that I accepted over the telephone which was recorded by RCI. Having paid the amount asked for they added on a charge for monthly installments which I was told was interest then bank charges and then a levy which I contested as payments were made via a credit card which does not attract any charges. After months of arguing this these charges were returned. I had stated in the numerous e-mails to RCI that I wanted a copy of the telephone recording as like previous review I was shown that there are numerous hidden charges that were not disclosed at the time. It is now 4 months since I requested the copy of the recording and to date RCI have refused to comply. I have asked for my money to be returned to me again this has been refused.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I have been a member of RCI since 2002. It never ceases to amaze me how they come up with creative ways to rip you off. After the sinking feeling that you have been had in buying a timeshare, you think there might be something to be gained by trading your timeshare week for points to used at an RCI facility. That is, until you add up the costs to do so. First there is the maintenance fee for your property, then add the RCI membership fee, then the weekly RCI fee for the reservation, and then compare what Costco Travel or others are charging for a similar vacation fee, and it's a wash. But don't forget, those weeks you transferred to RCI have a use by date, or, for an additional fee, of course, you can extend the expiration date. All in all, you save NOTHING.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Very unhappy. In filling out the paperwork I specifically declined Barclays credit card offer. Four days after returning home I received a Barclays credit card in the mail which was immediately cut up. I keep receiving emails which I also declined. When we declined the offer to purchase at several thousands of dollars and was ready to leave the agent came back with an offer at half the original amount. Then I knew it was a scam. Not to mention the customer plants who boasted of the great deals they got on vacations conveniently leaving as we arrived. I never would have posted this review had it not been for the credit card arriving. An hour on Hilton Head Island we'll never get back.

Original review: March 8, 2018

Please do not let RCI talk you into buying a vacation package. It is a scam!!! They sell you a package that they say is the greatest and then when you book a cruise, they charge you a ton of "pass through fees", so the cruise certificate isn't worth much and then I try to use the resort certificate and nothing that I want is ever available--when they told me I could have whatever I wanted! I asked to trade my resort certificate for a cruise certificate and they will only give me $200!!! Really!!! I paid $2600 for a vacation package worth maybe $1000!!! Don't be fooled by RCI they are a scam!!! They will not help you at all! They just want your money for little or nothing in return!

RCI expert review by ConsumerAffairs

RCI is one of the largest brokers of timeshare properties in the world. The company was founded in1974 by Christel DeHaan, and they offer a wide range of timeshare options, from resort stays to partial condo ownership.

• Part of Wyndham Worldwide Group: RCI is part of Wyndham Worldwide Group, which affords customers access to one of the largest networks of vacation properties to choose from, across six continents.

• Global presence: Travelers interested in owning a timeshare somewhere far from home can find a property through RCI, which has affiliated resorts in more than 100 countries.

• Guest certificates available: RCI members are allowed to let friends and family members enjoy their timeshare through an exchange, extra holiday or late deal.

• Members only personal protection: Members of RCI are afforded cancellation protection should they need to cancel their trip, and they are allowed to switch or keep their points should they not be able to use their allotted timeshare dates.

• Platinum Membership option: Customers who choose RCI have the Platinum Membership option, which gives them even more access to resort properties, better customer service and extra perks.

• Best for: Large families, people who want a luxury vacation property, travelers with a favorite vacation destination and young professionals with disposable income.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs