1.3/5 (53 ratings)

About RCI

About RCI®SHARE THIS PRINT

RCI Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RCI?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RCI?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I think that the week bookings in RCI are too expensive. The quality of the resorts are not very high and only for the booking fee that you pay to RCI you can get the same quality without be in RCI and own your main resort. I have paid a lot of money to get the access to my main resort and additional you have to pay a lot of money to RCI to get a middle to low level resort.

RCI response

Hi Miguel, we are sorry for any frustration. As an optional membership, we do charge fees for our services. Feel free to email us at talktous@rci.com with questions/concerns. Kind Regards, Kathleen M., RCI North America

Resolution response: Sept. 22, 2021

We were treated very kindly and professionally by Kathleen M. She took control of the situation and went above and beyond to help us out. Thank you so much Kathleen for your consideration and help in rectifying the issues we had previously unresolved on other attempts. You are awesome.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

RCI cancelled my week that I had put in to the RCI network 2 years in advance, had the exchange confirmed about 10-11 months prior to travel date. They cancelled due to the resort staff getting covid, which I do understand. However, instead of giving a reconfirmed week elsewhere or even extending our search parameters into 2022, they gave us only 1 month and 1 week to find another week in the network that we can drive to. We live on the NE coast, so everything will be cold the end of October for any beach travel. We are very upset, unhappy and feel they did not do their best in handling this.

We've been members since 1982, and have always paid our membership on time. We are pulling our weeks away from them and will be doing other things with our weeks in the future instead of giving them to RCI. I felt they should have extended our week until at least May 31 2022 to allow us some time to find something else as this week exchange we paid for was not met, not until just till 10/31/2021.

RCI response

Hi Georgi, I'd like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please email me at talktous@rci.com and be sure to include your membership number. Kind Regards, Kathleen M., RCI Travel Guide

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

So RCI called me to offer me a Great Deal on a Vacation Certificate Package. If we paid $1900 we got 1 week in a Resort (we used it for Hawaii- but that cost an additional $1400- same price as online) AND a Cruise. Well the Cruise has been rebooked 5 Yes 5 Times. We were cancelled and rescheduled due to Covid. We were all set to Cruise on 10-17-21 to the Eastern Caribbean on Carnival Freedom. They just deleted our Cruise. I have airfare & paid an additional $1034 to get a balcony room. Our Cruise was on Carnival's site and we had uploaded some of our information. I went in to pay for excursions and gratuities and our Cruise is just Gone. Still trying to get my money back - oh and the certificate is expired so they say too bad on that. SO WRONG!!!! RIP OFF SCAM ARTISTS!!!!

RCI response

Hi Chris, I'm very sorry to hear of your frustration. I have forwarded this over to our cruise area for someone to contact you. Kind Regards, Kathleen M., RCI Customer Care

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

I have had an RCI membership for about 20 years. We have been saving our points in order to have a family reunion. Now they are telling me that in order to keep the two years points we have saved through the end of 2021, we need to pay for one year fee plus $36 and change because "they automatically carry over 1 year's points" but you need to pay for it. Admittedly, my membership expired; I have no problem paying for the time between expiration and now.

Then, in January of 2022, I need to pay for another membership plus $109 to keep the points I currently have. They cannot allow me to pay for a 3 year membership now, I have to pay for one year now and Jan of 2022 pay more. Not only that, but it is extremely difficult to exchange points for a vacation, usually requiring 15 mos notice or more. I am not at all surprised to see all of the negative reviews.

RCI response

Hi Christine, I'm sorry to hear of your frustration. As an optional timeshare exchange company, we do charge fees for our services. Feel free to email us at talktous@rci.com with questions. Be sure to include your membership number. Kind Regards, Kathleen M., RCI Customer Care

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

In June I purchased from RCI a vacation for my husband's birthday. He booked 3 tee times to play golf. The cost was a whopping $917 (non-refundable). A few days before the trip we saw that a major hurricane Ida was to enter the Gulf. In checking the Miramar Beach weather, it was evident that they were expecting severe thunderstorms. We decided to ask for an accommodation of either a refund, change of date or even a credit due to the fact that the first 4 days would be bad weather. Forgot about the fact that subsequent to Ida's landfall the are was included in several storm watches and warnings. They have blatantly refused to make any accommodations because they weren't forced to close!. No integrity, bad customer service. They should not be affiliated with RCI who is selling their product!

RCI response

Hi Brenda, I'd like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please email me at talktous@rci.com and be sure to include your membership number. Kind Regards, Kathleen M., RCI Customer Care

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

We are to have someone assist us with our timeshare cancellation. We have been misled by this company and in doing our research, we have discovered we are not alone in this fight. FantaSea has lied to us from the moment we listened to the presentation. We have paid so much money to this company. My husband is retired and it is impossible to keep up with the maintenance fees. We weren't advised that they would go up so much. It is also becoming difficult to travel physically.

We have reached out to FantaSea with hopes of them working with us. We have gotten generic answers all basically telling us there is no way out. They tell us they are willing to help us book. That isn't what we are asking for. It seems like they aren't listening to us. We don't know where to turn at this point. We are exhausted by this whole process. We are reaching out to you to see if there is anything we can do from here. Please let us know how to proceed. We appreciate your time.

Kimberly & Harvey

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

Not surprised the reviews for RCI are so bad. I have been a member since 2011. I was always able to search any date no matter the points I had left. I have 27 points and they expire January 2022. I am thinking of paying to extend expiration date, but RCI system will not let me search PAST January 31, 2022 because that's when points expire. Why? Why would I pay AHEAD if I don't know if there is a place we want to go to at our particular time frame? We have kids. Those with kids can't just pick up and go. We can only go next June or July, but looking for a specific place. I am not going to pay and then search, only to find out where we want to go is not even available. I called about this early in the week and the Rep said I should be able to do this and I'll get a call back because it's likely a glitch.

Not surprised I didn't get a call so I had to take time out to call again. This rep could care less. She told me they changed it and now you can't do this anymore. Why???? RCI is is probably not getting enough people to pay and extend, so this is their way around it. Right, RCI? Don't spend your time with RCI. Go with a different exchange company. This one is dishonest and doesn't care about their customers' complaints and these reviews prove it. Oh, and by the way, RCI, before you tell me to send you an email like you did to the rest of these people: I ALREADY DID. But, not holding my breath waiting for a call. But, when you are trying to sell me something, you are right there bothering me.

RCI response

Hi Maria, I'm sorry for the frustration. If I can help, feel free to email me at talktous@rci.com. Kind Regards, Kathleen M., RCI Customer Care

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

I spoke at length with a representative of RCI. I booked 5 weeks in Madeira Island for December 2021 until February 2022. I spoke to representative about having to arrange flights for this and it was recorded. It took me a couple of days for the travel agent to get back to me saying that flights were unavailable due to covid. I then called RCI to cancel the 5 weeks. During conversation with representative I asked about insurance and was advised to take it out. I did and paid extra for that. When I went to cancel the exchanges I was informed that they would be keeping 50% of the fees (All 5 weeks was a lot for me to lose) that the insurance I took out was only for the Trading Power.

I was also advised that it had to be used by the end of November 2021. Why do they take 50% and put it into their account and not return the other 50%to the unlucky customer.? It's not their policy! Someone talked about a class action suit earlier ... I think it's time we did this.. They are sitting with my money in their accounts and I like hundreds of other cannot use it and the inventory of RCI has reduced so much since I joined them in 1982. I am now 76 years old and feel they are taking advantage.! I have several conversations saved from Chat lines, they have copies on their computers as well. Rules are Rules however RCI have changed theirs to their customers' disadvantage. We need legal advice on how to get some satisfaction.

RCI response

Hi Marlenna, I am very sorry for all the frustration. Please email me at talktous@rci.com with your membership number so I can take a closer look at your situation. Kind Regards, Kathleen M., RCI Customer Care

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

We are writing to discuss our options with getting out of our FantaSea timeshare ownership. We have gone down several avenues to get some type of relief. We have reached out to them and have gotten the run around. We aren’t sure where to turn from here. For a company to prey on people is sad. They do not advise of the maintenance fees increasing steadily. We can never use this as we were promised. It was all rainbows and butterflies during the presentation but what we actually got is nothing short of disaster.

We have been fighting with the timeshare asking for a release. We have been ignored and then given a generic message that didn’t address our concerns or requests. We traded in our weeks but could never find any resort we were interested in going to. So they take your money with a smile on their face, drain you dry, and you can’t even use the product you’re dishing out money for! We have tried to let our children use this timeshare and even paid extra to be able to book when we needed to an entire year out. Nothing ever became available. The only positive from that experience is that they refunded our money for that particular situation. This company is draining us financially and emotionally. We can no longer hold on to this burden. Is there someone we can speak to? Something we can do in this situation? We keep trying to find an out but we’re only running into dead ends. It is imperative that we be released from FantaSea’s grip. Please help us.

Respectfully,

Renée and Elliot

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

Updated on 08/18/2021: Instead of reaching out by phone to talk about the review and complaint they are not acknowledging they want it in private and they are not responding as they should. They wasting people’s time. I have no no time to keep on writing review or email.

Original Review: My reservation for July14th to July 21st was a mess. They had me so stressed out. After 6 weeks of booking they couldn’t find my reservation. I wasted too much of my time on the phone trying to confirm my reservation and almost didn’t go anymore. Very disappointed in RCI and then I called today to make a booking and the representative sound like he wants to sleep. He he keep on telling me there is no availability and he is not responsible for any of the booking and he was trying to cut me off. I really want to sell my timeshare. It’s of no use to me or my family as you can see. I can’t use this and it’s a Waste of time and money. Please feel free to call me at ** and people please it’s better to pay out of pocket than sign up for timeshare and when you call to book they have only bad news and they can’t help but ripping you off.

RCI response

Hi Ramnauth, I'm sorry to hear of your frustration. Feel free to email us at talktous@rci.com if we can be of assistance. Kind Regards, Kathleen M., RCI Customer Care

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

I've been with RCI for 15 years and have had terrible customer service throughout. I see their overall review rating is 1.5 stars so there is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. Someone keeps responding to the poor reviews asking people to contact them via email to address the concerns, however, clearly this makes zero difference. The last straw...charging the full yearly fee for membership during global pandemic lockdown. Shameless. Unacceptable.

RCI response

Hi Virginia, I'm sorry for the frustration with our exchange program. As a service based industry, we are not in a position to waive all our fees. Feel free to email us at talktous@rci.com with questions/concerns. Kind Regards, Kathleen M., RCI Travel Guide

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

We'd been members of RCI for over 25 years. We purchased timeshares when we were young and stupid and got duped into the sale. We found we could not easily trade our week for the same value or timeframe we wanted. Then RCI downgraded the value of our unit so that made it nearly impossible to trade. The maintenance fees kept going up. After a few years we were able to get rid of both timeshares.

Word to the wise-just don't. DO NOT BUY TIMESHARES. EVER. You will never get out of them (well you can, but it's expensive and can ruin your credit- for us it was worth it). We remained members of RCI so we could still find weeks to rent for cash. We've been able to do that a few times, but inventory is low, you can't cancel your reservation if plans change (you will lose your money) and with Airbnb there is no reason to own timeshares or pay RCI fees. Also, the RCI website has been glitchy and awful for...25 years. There is no redeeming quality in RCI.

RCI response

Hi Gail, we're sorry to hear of your negative experiences with us. Feel free to email us at talktous@rci.com if we can be of assistance. Kind Regards, Kathleen M., RCI Travel Guide

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

RCI really needs to work on communication amongst their own staff and the resorts they are servicing. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing...in the same room! I booked a vacation to Sedona Pines and made sure the lady from RCI notated that it was a service animal (because I have one). The damn woman put PET! RCI, according to ADA guidelines, service animals are medical equipment, not pets! Learn the laws. Secondly, RCI never send me a confirmation email after I requested a "free" upgrade to 2 room suite because we were "platinum" members.

I called Sedona Pines to confirm and the manager at the front desk said they not only put PET after I specifically told RCI it was a service animal but that no-one ever put the request in to begin with. Look man, I know the pandemic has been difficult but the last time I checked we all still spoke English. It gets better, when I called a third time to double confirm, the lady at RCI I spoke with couldn't even find my reservation, I had to get a manager involved for them to find it! RCI fix your communication issues, I will be putting in a complaint against you to the ADA as well as BBB.

RCI response

Hi Paul, please email us at talktous@rci.com with your concerns and be sure to include your membership number. Kind Regards, Kathleen M., RCI Travel Guide

Original review: July 30, 2021

During my vacations they offered me this credit card but it was pitched as a 2k loan, not a credit card. The application got rejected, in the rejection paper it said that if I wanted to try and continue with the application I should call a number, else nothing needed to be done. I didn't continue with the application and forgot about it. A few weeks later I got the credit card in the mail, I didn't even know why I was receiving it so I thought it was a mistake and just threw it away without even activate it. Later I started to get bills for around $40 every month, I called to explain everything and they told me that the account was closed and that I didn't have to pay for the bills. That was about a year ago and I still getting the bills which continue to increase every month, I have tried calling them but they just put me on hold for hours with no resolution. Do not open an account with RCI.

RCI response

Hi Teancum, I'm sorry to hear of your frustration. The RCI® Elite Rewards® MasterCard® program is issued by Barclaycard US. RCI does not process applications for this card.

Please visit www.rcimastercard.com/RCI3 or call 1-866-463-0372 for more details.

Kind Regards, Kathleen M., RCI Travel Guide

Original review: July 22, 2021

I normally don't write negative reviews, but I feel like there needs to be warning before committing to using RCI. After spending 1.5hrs hour on hold with RCI to look into booking a trip, I was connected with a very nice representative who help me find the right trip for us (what I thought was the right trip at least). I was able to book a 3 night stay at the Dreams Resort in Costa Rica for 3 people for 2400 points plus a $150 reservation fee. (Another option in Costa Rica for 3 people on the same days was only 1200 points- just for reference of how much more this trip was.)

After booking with RCI we received a booking confirmation and reservation stating the dates were confirmed, the total due for the resort was an additional $1,700 (for the all inclusive food and drink) and the reservation was for 3 people. We were excited for the trip until we arrived to the resort and they told us we owed $2,400 because the reservation was only for 2 people originally and that we would need to pay for the third person. After wasting HOURS arguing that our reservation was made for 3 people (proof was on the RCI confirmation/reservation we received) they continued to say that we owed them $2,400. However, the resort gave us access to the room and said they would work on getting this resolved with RCI.

After spending the few days at the resort, we arrived to check out with the same answer. The frustration here is that we were told the amount and confirmed the cost, points, people and days with RCI and even have a confirmed reservation, and they were still charging us the higher amount. It ruined our trip because we did not plan to spend that much money on the resort in addition to the points we spent. What's really frustrating is that I looked up the same reservation (3 people, 3 nights & same hotel) directly on the Dreams website and it was a GRAND TOTAL of $1,800 (including room & all inclusive). I also looked it up on Costco Travel and Travelocity and they had similar totals. It has been proven not worth it to pay RCI or to roll over points from another timeshare company when it ends up costing more overall and they will not honor the reservation they confirmed and agreed to. At this point I would not recommend RCI to anyone.

RCI response

Hi Ashleigh, we'd like the opportunity to look into this. Please email us at talktous@rci.com and be sure to include your membership number. Kind Regards, Kathleen M., RCI Customer Care

Original review: July 21, 2021

You buy the certificate for two and then they got you! Their website says starting from no additional charge with your certificate. You click on that and it says zero dollars for inside room BUT when you select the cruise there are NO rooms for ZERO dollars. So you get to pay more to book. Wow it’s on their website! They say it is a glitch in the system. So honor what your website states! Run as fast as you can!!!

RCI response

Hi Casey, we'd like the opportunity to look into this further. Please email us at talktous@rci.com and be sure to include your membership number. Kind Regards, Kathleen M., RCI North America

Original review: July 16, 2021

I purchased RCI travel package and like other reviews when it came time to book they said certificate expired! Seems I am not the only one! We were told we needed to book resort stay and I said we did not know our schedule was advised just to book and if necessary we could change dates. We did and now I cannot make adj to the dates because we did not buy the insurance for 99.00? We paid in good faith and trusted RCI and we were scammed. When I asked to speak to a supervisor they refused to connect me. I cannot let this go since we will lose everything we paid. I just want a refund.

RCI response

Hi Beth, we'd like the opportunity to look into this. Please email us at talktous@rci.com and be sure to include your membership number. Kind Regards, Kathleen M., RCI Customer Care

Original review: June 29, 2021

I spent almost 2 hours on hold and STILL never got through to anyone! I finally hung up. I only want to know if I have to "book by" or "travel by" 12/31/2021 but of course like every other website, it's friggin useless and doesn't tell you. Complete **.

RCI response

Hi Howard, I'm sorry for the frustration. We are experiencing a very high volume of calls right now. Please send an email to talktous@rci.com with your inquiry and be sure to include your membership number. Kind Regards, Kathleen M., RCI Travel Guide

Original review: June 21, 2021

I purchased a travel package through RCI which included multiple cruise certificates. Due to the pandemic, all cruises lines were shut down for safety concerns and I was not able to use the certificates. I was promised that once everything reopened I would be able to use my certificates. Well, I recently called RCI to book my cruises and I was told that my certificates had expired and it was nothing they could do to honor my certificates.

I informed the customer service representative that I was not happy and that I needed to speak to a supervisor to rectify the problem. The representative told me that a supervisor was not available and that the supervisor could not help me either because the decision was coming from management. I told him that I wanted to talk to a supervisor or someone that could help me solve the problem. The rude representative took my information and told me that a supervisor would contact me within 24 hours.

Well it's been nearly a full week and RCI has failed to reach out to me. This company does not value its customers and in my opinion are using this global pandemic as a way to not redeem certificates that their customers have paid for. I just don't understand how they are not honoring these fully paid certificates, when no one was allowed to travel during the pandemic.

RCI response

Hi Floyd, I'm very sorry to hear of your frustration and would like the opportunity to look into this. Please email me at talktous@rci.com and be sure to include your membership number. Kind Regards, Kathleen M., RCI Customer Care

Original review: June 18, 2021

Updated on 06/24/2021: RCI called and extended my cruise package, worked with Meredith and she arranged cabins so we are across from each other. Meredith was very knowledgeable even counting steps to elevator because we will be 90 and our daughter 70. Happy with results. Thank You.

Original: I had numerous telephone calls to book a cruise because we had done so in past. In 2018 my son age 55 dropped dead. I was in shock and I said OK to RCI for cruise. When I went to book my contract had expired. We did not book a sailing date because of Covid but called as soon as we had shots and restrictions were lifted. I don't remember seeing contract and we lost over $3000.00 and a vacation week. No notification but calls to renew membership. Special consideration should have been applied and all contracts should have had longer booking dates. We are age 89 and was very concerned about catching virus.

RCI response

Hi Clement, we are very sorry to hear this and would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please email us at talktous@rci.com and be sure to include your membership number. Kind Regards, Kathleen M., RCI Travel Guide

Original review: June 16, 2021

My family has owned shares for several years through my father. He had a lot of credits saved and booked a vacation for the whole extended family to California a couple of weeks ago. We all got work off and made plans. Today, he got a message saying "due to COVID" they canceled our reservation. He called the resort and they said they were completely open, but RCI overbooked by 17 reservations! He called RCI back and was told that it was a health crisis and they couldn't avoid it. He asked them why they took his money two weeks ago, knowing about COVID when he paid. (California opened up today, June 15, 2021, so it's a moot point anyway.)

He asked for a refund for the condos we all paid for and was told no. He was graciously offered a credit that expires at the end of July (next month). If he wants it to renew, he needs to call back each month and ask for a renewal. He called back and asked to speak to a supervisor, and I was livid hearing the way they spoke to him when it was their error. They should at least take responsibility for their mistake and not blame COVID for their overbooking. How can you take money, then cancel a reservation and refuse to give a refund? This will be reported to the proper agencies. It seems a lot like fraud.

RCI response

Hi Teresa, we'd like the opportunity to look into this. Please email us at talktous@rci.com and be sure to include your father's RCI membership number. Kind Regards, Kathleen M., RCI Travel Guide

Original review: June 12, 2021

We all just finished the worst year ever. No one could travel and borders were closed. My membership fee was paid up until 7/2020. RCI had use of my funds for the first half of 2020 however they could not deliver a product because everything was shut down. I did not receive a renewal notice like I have in the past. RCI just ignored all its customers. The very least they could have done was give a 6 month credit. No, they are to unscrupulous to do that. Instead, they just cancelled memberships and voided out thousands of dollars in weeks trading power. If anyone starts a Class Action suit, let me know, because as far as I am concerned they just stole thousands and thousands of dollars from their members.

RCI response

Hi Bonnie, we'd like the opportunity to look into this. Please email us at talktous@rci.com so we can investigate. Kind Regards, Kathleen M., RCI Travel Guide

Original review: June 11, 2021

I called your customer service number today 06/11/2021 and spoke to an uneducated representative who has no sense of understanding and is not very helpful. I called to book a vacation for my family and was transferred to the uneducated representative that works for RCI. She had such a mean voice and was very demanding on collecting my money without trying to understand me or help me figure out how we can get this resolved. She kept demanding fees and didn't have a proper explanation when trying to ask questions. She kept repeating the same thing over and over and speaking over my voice, which made no sense and was no help. When asked to speak to a manager it took over 10 minutes and when she finally asked for a manager it was even worse.

The manager by the name of Christina clearly does not care about her clients. She was rude and also tried talking over me just to overcharge me and get my hard earned money. They both did not want to help figure this out for my account to be current. She keeps repeating that the call was recorded, which for her information I don't care if it's recorded. As a manager she has no understanding how to deal with a customer who has no clue what happened with her membership and no way of educating someone so that this issue does not happen again. All she and her stupid employee cared about was to collect my money and tell me treating words like "I need to pay these fees in order to have my account current and book a vacation." Someone don't need to hear that when they're trying to find a solution and explain their side of not knowing what's the issue with the account.

And second, I don't need and care about other customers `` as she mentioned other people are reading their emails and paying the fees. Everyone has different circumstances in life and because of Covid and everyone trying to get back to work and have a life again maybe they should put that into consideration and have some kind of understanding for customers. I was so pissed after the way they both treated me I had to yell and cuss so that they could keep their mouths shut.

While I was on the phone with these two uneducated humans, my husband called from his phone and spoke to a very nice gentleman (Ali). Ali was very helpful and understanding and got our account updated and current within 5 minutes. He also understood that due to Covid and not responding to emails, he was able to help us with an affordable payment for two years. He was honest and told me when to call back to book my vacation. Unlike those two females, I don't even know what to call them. It was the worst I ever dealt with. I feel like they need to get better training on how to talk and help customers. It's all about fees and collecting money from everyone with a proper reason. I do hope that I do not have to speak to them in the future and also hope that no one should be treated that way. Thank you.

RCI response

Hi Kishan, we're sorry to hear this. We do see you sent us an email and it was responded to. Please respond to that email if you have additional questions/concerns. Kind Regards, Kathleen M., RCI Travel Guide

Resolution response: June 16, 2021

After RCI responded to my article we were able to resolve the issue of the package. They notified me several times they were looking into my complaint. Thank you for your attention and reaching out to us to resolve this issue.

Original review: June 9, 2021

We purchased a travel package from RCI. It was a cruise/resort package. We have had very good service at other times from this company. We paid monthly on this package. We received a phone call giving us the option to pay in full about half way through the time frame. Covid had hit about this time and we couldn't. They reduced our payment plan by a small amount and we thought extended our time to book the cruise. When I called to schedule the cruise we were told we had missed the deadline. I spoke with several people and was told nothing could be done. In the next sentence they informed us they weren't even dealing with the company that offered these deals anymore. We were informed that we were told over the phone about the rules.

Our conversation was recorded at the time of purchase. They offered to play back the conversation. They couldn't find the recording. This was to be my husband's 70th birthday cruise. We were told we could still schedule the resort at a very, very limited resort selection. We were not told that the dates to schedule the cruise and the resort had different deadlines. NOT at all happy with this company. Please be careful dealing with them.

RCI response

Hi Wendy, we'd like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please email us at talktous@rci.com and be sure to include your membership number. Kind Regards, Kathleen M., RCI Customer Care

Original review: May 30, 2021

January 2021 I attended a timeshare presentation & was told it’d be no more than 2hrs but lasted 3. I declined the timeshare multiple times to sales rep Greg ** due to the fact that I’d just had a recent bankruptcy 10/2020 Greg & manager Tiffany ** preyed on my need to create a better financial future for my son & assured me the timeshare would assist me in rebuilding my credit after a bankruptcy. Greg shared his experience w/ his bankruptcy & timeshare to fraudulently & unethically lure me into signing the contract. Greg & Tiffany also claimed that if I didn’t act that very day that I wouldn’t receive the RCI package.

I learned RCI is a 3rd party booking service & not an actual discount & my bankruptcy is in danger of being revoked because of the timeshare. Pressurized sales tactics knowing I had my young son & little brother w/ me, made reference directly to the children to assist in the pressure. I found the loan is for 10yrs vs the 7yrs told to me & that the interest is at 17.5% which I would’ve never agreed to especially while on my path to becoming fiscally responsible. I haven’t received a call back from Tiffany ** (the manager for sales rep Greg **) or Tiffany’s manager Jeff **.

RCI response

Hi Beanca, I'm sorry to hear this and appreciate the opportunity to clear up any misunderstandings you may have experienced. RCI offers timeshare owners the opportunity to exchange their vacation time with other RCI members. We are not involved in the actual sale of timeshare property nor do we employ resort sales staff. Feel free to email us at talktous@rci.com with questions. Kind Regards, Kathleen M., RCI Travel Guide

Original review: May 6, 2021

I have been an RCI member since 1981 or '82. I now own 3 timeshare weeks. I joined the Platinum level and also points so I'd have better trading power. In March, 2021, I reserved a week at Vista Mirage in Palm Springs for May 16-23. Today I got a call and email cancelling it and offering me 5 days in Indio (no, thanks) or a week in Club Trinidad, where I have stayed. It is still very dated and a bit run down. I'm forced to take it or my guest coming from Dallas and I will lose out on our flights, possibly car rental, tramway tickets, golf reservations and more. I think demand is so great RCI got more money renting the room (and many others) than they would keeping their bargain with me. I will spread the word. Anne **

RCI response

Hi Anne, we sorry for the frustration. Please email us at talktous@rci.com with your membership number so we can take a closer look. Kind Regards, Kathleen M., RCI Travel Guide

Original review: May 3, 2021

I purchased a cruise package in June 2019. The intent was to travel in 2021. My whole family got COVID and with everything shutting down, the last thing we ever considered was being stuck in a cruise ship. I just recently called the hotline and they said it expired in Dec. 2020. I asked the representative did they really think that anyone would want to travel or plan on traveling with all of the major destinations being on a level 4 travel advisory. He said he understands but nothing he can do. So now, $2400 is gone just like that because I am supposed to predict the direction that this pandemic is going in and schedule a cruise not knowing what will happen.

Seeing people stuck on a cruise boat for nearly 2 weeks made cruises look undesirable. Having long haulers effect and not knowing what the next day will feel like has made traveling not even an option right now. I have been a member of RCI for some time, and now I’m considering that our relationship should be terminated... I was told my resort voucher is still good for a month..! Thanks RCI..

RCI response

Hi Ahmire, I'm sorry to hear of your frustration. Someone from our cruise area will be reaching out to you to address your concerns. Kind Regards, Kathleen M., RCI Travel Guide

Original review: April 30, 2021

We have been RCI members for 20 years and platinum members for part of this. We were not able to use our points with RCI for 3 regular trips (15 months and counting) because of destinations being shut down. We tried to book a few local trips either for a few days or a week and nothing was available for this either. We received our bill for renewal or membership, platinum membership renewal and points extension. I called and spoke with them about this and also wrote a email to their feedback department. No response from the email yet. When I spoke with a manager, he told me that they were not extending points and if I wanted them extended I would have to pay for this. After a discussion, he offered a 25% discount for the points extension.

It is hard to believe that they are not working with their customers since almost every destination is closed down. All other airline, car rental, hotels, etc. extended memberships, rolled over points and even added bonuses to book with them again at no additional fees. Not RCI though. Very disappointing on how they treat their customers.

Original review: April 26, 2021

UPDATED 4/27/2021: I need to know what unit number and the week for my timeshare. So I’m looking to possibly sell it so I need to sit formation for the company. I’m with Fantasea resort La Samana in Nj. They are requesting this for their records

ORIGINAL REVIEW: We purchased a RCI timeshare several years back. And I truly like to say after all these years we don’t use it as much as we thought; And very dissatisfied. We tried multiple times to try to get out of our Timeshare and RCI does not purchase it back. We are looking for a fair share of the timeshare, And we’re willing to negotiate pricing. So I’d like just to let people now I will not purchase any Timeshare with RCI. It’s not worth it, it’s expensive, he still had to pay to book a room. I think all the money that we spent, I think all timeshares should be included with that money. Very very dissatisfied. I just want someone to contact me so we can get rid of our timeshare. I willing to accept 80 to 90% less.

RCI response

Hi Lynne, I'm very sorry to hear of your frustration. It is important to note that RCI does not own or sell timeshares. We are simply a timeshare exchange company. Please email us at talktous@rci.com for more information. Kind Regards, Kathleen M., RCI Travel Guide

Original review: April 20, 2021

We booked through RCI for the first time for hotel accommodations and have been greatly disappointed. We booked for a family stay to support our sons during an out of state tournament. Unfortunately, the tournament was rescheduled at the beginning of the week due to statewide Covid restrictions. We promptly called to have the reservation moved to the following week. We were told that they could not and it was up to the hotel. So we called the hotel and they said it was acceptable and they saw no problem with it. The representative from the hotel said the agency (RCI) would just need to change the dates and the rep gave us his name in case we needed it.

Called RCI back and they stone walled and the story kept changing. Now the system would not allow them to change the dates. At this point we are just frustrated. We are out $369 and we weren't looking for a refund just change the dates. Especially in the time of economic hardships it is unimaginable that a company would not just work with loyal customers. Highly disappointed.

RCI Company Information