1.20/5

Qatar Airways Reviews

210 Qatar Airways Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 18, 2019

No courtesy to senior citizens??? Long check in lines. Unable to provide basic food items including Milk, Fruits-Bananas to Senior Citizen in spite of knowing that this passenger had Stomach upset, never sent the supervisor in spite of numerous requests, kept on demanding to sign the documents to cover them self, threatening to kicked out of the plane???

Original review: March 8, 2019

Your valuable goods will be stolen from your checked bags. Bags will be damaged and gifts/items will be stolen. 2 of my checked bags were damaged and gift items from them like Speakers, Bluetooth headsets were stolen. Qatar team was very irresponsible when I complained this. After discussing this incident with colleagues, got to know few more incidents. Even there was a queue at the counter who were reporting loss and damage of items. The team was also rude and just trying to get rid of you when you approach. Avoid QATAR at all circumstances. Do not fall for offers/fancy discounts. I regret of having used their service.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Customer service is absolutely horrible with this company if calling the USA reservations number. Put a booking on a 24 hour hold, and called within the allowed 24 hours to buy the ticket. After spending 45 minutes on hold and them trying to book my reservation, the 'hold' expired. Yes, expired during the conversation. And magically, the fare increased by a few hundred dollars and they wouldn't honor the booking rate. No concept of customer service whatsoever.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Qatar Airways 72 holding period is a scam. You will pay a high fee penalty when you try to cancel your booking within 72 hrs. Cancel it within 24 hours and call your credit card company to stop payment or you will pay a hefty fine.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Ref: **. This is regarding excess ticket charges for flight from Charlotte to Kolkata return on 2/5/2019. This was a flight change from original open ticket ** bought online on 10/28/2018 for $2121.50. Additional charges for fare change and re-booking charged to me on 2/5/2019 was $985.11. The online prices checked by me on 2/5/2019 after I bought the above tickets was $1461 for same flight on Qatar Airways.

I was assured earlier on phone by customer service representatives multiple times that if the flight prices at the time of re-booking are lower compared to what I paid earlier on 10/28/2018 the differential amount would be refunded to me. This is sheer case of fraud. Had I cancelled my earlier ticket ** I would have got a refund of $1801.5 (deducting cancellation fees of $320). And had I booked a new ticket online on 2/5/2019 it would have costed me $1461 only. So I have been defrauded by amount $1325.61 for this trip. I demand a refund of $1325.61 ASAP.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Qatar Airways?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Hi, I traveled from US to India on 01/01/2019. After I reached India one of my checked in baggage were missed. We were waited for more than 1.5 months to get the bag but they told the baggage were lost and asked us to fill the claim form for further process. We filled in and submitted form with the claim amount of about $** (four digit number) worth checked in bag. But they denied and offered only $** (three digit number) which is not even 50% of my baggage worth for.

Based on my view Qatar Airways is not responsible for giving the baggage to the respective customers. I don't even rate it as 1 star. But there is no such options available. We were been at India airport for more than 4 hours for the lost baggage after our 30 hours travel and daily follow up for 1.5 months to get these updates. We got frustrated like anything and we don't even paid for having all these troubles and our valuables. Also, they have strict policy. We have opened our 7 (23kgs) checked in baggage which had additional weight of 0.25 / .5 / .75 kgs extra and we trashed it in the airport.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Please be warned that you are in for one of THE worst experience traveling, if you choose Qatar. In my 25yrs of international travel experience, nothing comes anywhere close to the nightmare of a flight I had. They are so strict about weight and even weigh your hand baggage, which cannot exceed 7kg!!! This includes your laptop and charger. They are inconsiderate, unfriendly and find it difficult to smile or make you feel welcome. (Maybe they might if you travel business class). The seats are the smallest. I struggled and I'm very petite. The food was mediocre, the lousiest entertainment ever available. It is almost a 14hr torture sitting from US to Doha. The only part of the travel that was fine are the flight attendants. They were friendly and helpful. My 1st and last time flying this horrible horrible airline.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I was checking in at the Chennai Airport. The Qatar Airways agent said I cannot have more than 7 Kgs for handbag, including Laptop. I said, "All other airlines allow a handbag plus laptop and they typically don't check the weight for handbag and even if they do, they do not include the laptop weight." The Qatar agents did not agree with me and they said I can transfer some weights to my check-in bags as they have less weight. After I transferred the weight to the check-in bags, they said the weights of the check-in bags exceeded the limit and asked me to pay fine of USD 150 or again open the check-in bag and dump things. Then, I understood they want to make money by strictly enforcing the handbag (including laptop) weight as 7 Kg and want people to transfer things to their check-in bag and end up paying for overweight.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

On its website, it says they will do/apply visa for you but if are holding British national (overseas) passport, can't do transit visa. Plus no other way to do it even local consulate say no visa required.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I can only describe my experience in Manchester at check in and boarding as organized chaos. It took ages to check. I've actually checked in quicker and more efficiently with Ryanair. Then when it came eventually to boarding we were allowed to proceed to the aircraft, then stopped by a barrier standing for at least twenty minutes before being allowed to board. This was as a business class customer.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I accidentally left a beaded ring in the restroom. The passenger behind me found it and turned it into a crew member. The crew member put it on the counter in the kitchen area and then intentionally THREW it AWAY. When I realized it was missing, I asked the crew if a ring had been found. The passenger behind me heard me and reported that she had turned it in and so it should be in lost and found. A member of the crew named Rafael eventually admitted that he had thrown it away. When I asked him why, he claimed that he did not understand my words. He had been speaking English to us very well throughout the 15 hour flight. I emailed the airline and included a website photo of the ring from the store where it was purchased. Qatar airlines refused to do anything about it.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Qatar has worst service. The flight QR 740 was delayed on 8th Dec 2018 by an hour and my elderly parent could not board the flight to Kolkata from Doha. She was sent to Hyderabad as she didn't prefer to wait for 24 hours for the next flight in Doha. We still didn't get any update about her baggage though the website claims Qatar Airways shall trace the baggage in 24 hours. To add to it Qatar Airways harassed my parent after 16 hours long flight for 2 hours in Hyderabad airport. Still waiting to get an update about her baggage!!!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I had booked Qatar Airways for the only reason that they were offering and marketing on their website the offer of free Visa services and transit services to Doha and thus chose to incorporate that as my December 2018 holiday destination. I booked on 14 December and applied for my transit visa on 17 December as I was scheduled to leave Joburg on 25 December.

Prior to my departure I tracked my application which showed that the visa was "processed" but could not see the result thereof. I thus took the first leg of my journey as scheduled and upon arrival in KL on 26 December was dismayed to learn that my visa was not approved by MOI. I was scheduled to fly from KL to Doha on 2 January with a return onward flight to JHB on 6 January 2019.

I have tried endlessly with Qatar Airways as well as a visit to the Qatar embassy in KL to assist with the matter and after failing those avenues, I took it upon myself to even send an email to MOI in Qatar who unsurprisingly have not responded. I have tried to make them understand that I had no intentions other than to visit Doha with my wife who is a South African citizen and gets a visa on arrival. The only document that was asked of me for a transit visa application was a passport copy, so on that basis the rejection was merely on racial grounds it seems as the MOI have not given reasons for rejection and Qatar Airways explicitly stated that they are not at liberty to disclose that.

Qatar Airways simply told me that the situation was outside their control and that I had to rebook my flights for alternate dates. I am now currently in Singapore and the only flight that they can book me back on is the 8th January. I am thus not only late for work beyond the planned leave schedule but also incurring additional costs for my overstay. I think their services are totally poor to say the least and would not recommend anyone to book their visa services or flights through them. There are many alternate hotels that provide that service (I only learnt of that now but too short a time to apply for visa) and way better flight options to Doha including flydubai and Emirates which are far more superior in the customer care department.

Qatar Airways are just after the "buck" with no concern for customers or passengers who are stranded in a foreign country due to their phony advertising tactics. MOI also do not care for other nationalities of African heritage. Go their list of countries that are eligible for a visa on arrival and you will see what I mean. There are far better places to visit on this planet than racist and biased nations such as Qatar who just market to attract their "niche" and everyone else do not matter. What a shame!!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I booked a roundtrip award ticket (OYXWVU) for a flight from DOH to IAD leaving December 12 and returning December 24. Unfortunately, I fell ill during the first week of my stay in the US and thought I would do the responsible thing and change the date on my return itinerary in order to avoid a no-show in case my flu did not clear up by the original date scheduled for my trip back to Doha. I have modified my ticket in the past during previous holidays and it was a relatively easy process usually completed with a single phone call to Qatar Airways customer service.

In this instance, I anticipated that the process would be just as uncomplicated and could be completed with a single phone call. Boy, was I wrong! I called Qatar Airways and the representative informed me that I should instead contact the Privilege Club department, as Qatar Airways does not deal with award tickets. This is surprising considering that Privilege Club is part of Qatar Airways. If so, then why is it being treated as an entity of its own as if it were its own standalone company?

Regardless, I obliged and proceeded to call the Privilege Club department which, in turn, informed me that I need to submit my request using their online contact center. If this wasn’t already a convoluted process, the automatic response to my request from the contact center was that I had to wait 3 business days before my request could be tended to. How is this practical when a customer needs to make an urgent change?

My request was simple - I just wanted to know what dates were available for me to change my return ticket to and what the cost of implementing such a change would be. The response I finally received from QA three business days later, was a generic cookie cutter one that did not even address my request. They replied stating that a change would cost $25 if completed 24 hours or more prior to departure and $100 if within 3 and 24 hours of departure. However, they did not provide me with any answer as to what dates were available for me to change my award ticket to. Not only did I have to wait for 3 business days to receive a response, but the response I received was completely unhelpful and useless.

Having to wait 3 business days to get a response is completely unreasonable, especially when the responses are not helpful at all. At this rate, it would take more than a week to have a simple matter addressed and resolved and, in most cases, people do not have that long to wait for a simple response.

My case was an example of an urgent one and could not wait a week, let alone three business days. I felt completely stranded and that my travel plans were hanging in the balance as a result of Qatar Airways’ inability to deal with this issue in a timely manner.

I attempted to contact someone directly from the Privilege Department on Friday and was told that my request would be expedited. I tried to follow up the next day but because it was a Saturday, the offices were closed. I tried to call again on Sunday and was informed again that the office was closed. What is the point of being a privilege club member if the customer helpline is not even open on Saturdays and Sundays while the general Qatar Airways customer service helpline is? In this case, I would rather be a standard, non-privilege customer and receive more reliable and timely customer service, than be a privilege club customer and have to wait days upon days for anything that even remotely resembles a response.

I submitted a second form through the contact center thanking Qatar Airways for the information regarding the costs to change but asking yet again that they provide me with possible dates to change my return flight. Of course, a response did not come in time and I ended up having to take my flight in the end because I did not want to be stuck in the US with no estimation in sight as to when I will be able to travel back on an award ticket, while I wait for Qatar Airways gets its act together. I did finally receive a response the day after I returned from my trip. The message was yet again an unhelpful generic one stating that my request has been received and that Qatar Airways will review my comments and revert to me within three business days. What a joke!

As a Privilege Club member, it is especially frustrating to experience this lack of courtesy from Qatar Airways. Throughout this entire ordeal, I did not receive one meaningful or competent response and had to wait days for some useless explanation that took no time or effort from Qatar Airways. This lack of care and utter negligence suggests just how little Qatar Airways values its customers. It is a real shame because my experience with the airline in the past has been a positive one. However, after the numerous mishaps I have encountered on this last trip, my opinion has changed dramatically.

I have been a loyal and dedicated customer who has selected Qatar Airways for all my travel plans, but will definitely be reconsidering my flight options the next time I travel. The advantage Qatar Airways had over its competitors in the past was the fact that they offer direct flights from Doha to the US. This perk is not even worth it anymore, as Qatar Airways has significantly reduced the size of its seats thereby compromising comfort.

This, along with the fact that I was sick, made my trip back a miserable one. I would rather take a trip with Lufthansa, KLM, or British Airways and experience greater leg room and larger seats for a lower price, even if that does mean I have to make a stopover. Qatar Airways’ slogan of “going places together” definitely applies to my situation because they have taken me to hell and back with their awful customer service. I want compensation for this horrible experience!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I was travelling from Dhaka to Berlin with my wife. I had an allowance of 40 kgs. I had two bags for checking in weighing in around 20 kg each. When I went there they said my allowance was 30 kg even though when I showed them the ticket. They became aggressive and asked me to board or go away. So then I had to drop 10 kgs from my weight and boarded. After coming to Berlin I complained and they just lied in the report saying I had one bag with weight of 40 Kg which was complete lie. They did not compensate and did not respond to any of my further queries. Never again...

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Flew Johannesburg to Cardiff via Doha 22 Oct with elderly sickly sister. At counter 19 (Oliver Tambo Airport) checked in my sister’s baggage, then mine; at this point the clerk got up and ran away, leaving us standing for nearly an hour with no idea what was happening. Someone told us that the clerk had sent my suitcase through with no tag. We stood for another hour (no offer of help/chairs) and by then had missed our planned farewell meal with family and we would have to run to get to boarding. We requested an upgrade. Refused. We were assured my suitcase had been found but there was no time for me to see it. We had to RUN to board on time (no help) and arrived the next morning in Cardiff to the inevitable. NO SUITCASE. Our cases had been wrapped in clingfilm plastic for security.

The next night the suitcase arrived via courier and I immediately saw the clingfilm had been removed. The courier literally ran away before I could complain. I opened my case to find total chaos. Creams opened and not resealed, camera and binoculars pulled out of protective cases, cream over everything, precious old framed photos destroyed. Qatar are insisting I sign a paper to say I accept £38 in full settlement of late baggage and sent the forms to me with insufficient postage to add insult to injury. I am just FURIOUS at the provocative tactics employed, including very rude phone calls insisting I accept this stupid compensation.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I flew Perth Australia to London via Doha and back again on Qatar airways. I could not fault the airline at all. The crew were more than helpful, friendly and top services. The planes were comfortable and I would highly recommend Qatar airways. The best airline in the world. Thank you Qatar for my fantastic holiday.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Airways allowed me to carry a laptop bag and a carry on bag on my onward journey. While returning back, they harassed me and did not allow me to have both the bags and made me check my laptop bag into one of my check ins, thereby making me pay for the additional weight. I had medications I had to take on flight and could not check in my other hand luggage. The personnel were extremely rude and were more concerned about collecting the extra luggage fee than anything else.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

We had a worst experience with Qatar ground staff and specifically 2 of the ground staff ladies on August 1st, 2018 flight to Dubai from DFW Dallas airport. First Worst CS experience (lack of knowledge or incorrect information) - we were told by customer service to be at the gate for check in 5 hours before the flight after we asked to give the seat to our 7 year old with us on the bassinet seat area. We get to the airport but the gates doesn’t open until 3 hours before flight time so we waited there with twins 15 months old and 7 year old kid.

Second Worst Experience (Ground Staff behaved very rudely and unprofessionally and looked like they were trying to ruin Qatar reviews) - so we got into the check in and were first in line after waiting for 2 hours. Only 1 of our carry on bag was 1 lbs extra and that was because of the twin blankets, so we asked the ground staff lady to let us just take it out and everything else is perfect. This lady asked us to get out of the line, fix the bag and come back in the line, we were like seriously??? When my husband told her that we heard good reviews and great customer service by Qatar but this is not as expected, she told us on our face “you heard it wrong”. Wow. That was so not professional. Have some respect for the job you do lady. We requested and she totally ignored us and started calling other customers in line.

We just got out of the line and got with another staff and got in and tried to forget the incident as we didn’t want to spoil our vacation mood. Third worst experience (at boarding, no clear instructions and conflicts of information provided by ground staff) - so I was standing with my twins and 7 year old and Carry on bags right where boarding was going to take place. My husband had to take a trip to restroom and 1 of the other rude ground staff lady gave us directions on Family boarding spot, business, etc. She asked me to move my kids away from the area I was standing and get my kids away from there and get to Family boarding zone even after looking that I had twins and carry bags to move and I was the only adult at that point. Anyways I moved us all.

Now the lady whom we had the luggage issue at the time of checking on the scenario described above came and she asked us to move from where we were and go to the spot I was originally at, as that was Family boarding zone. I was like really?? So I said, "Can your staff be on the same page and not have us move here and there especially with kids and bags???" And then another nice lady was helping me out and said the same thing. When the staff didn’t listen, this other passenger lady who was helping me simply asked if there was any supervisor who could help us here. Now this staff got so upset on us that she called the Cops and had us stand on the side and didn’t let us and that other family board. She told us that our baggage is also ok stand by and we can’t go yet.

Officer came and when we explained the situation, asked the ground staff lady to explain us the rules again. The ground staff lady then mentioned, we need to apologise to her and her other rude staff lady only when she would allow us to board the flight else our baggage is on standby. Officer did take her to the side, they talked but she did make us all apologize to her and her other Lady staff and when I told her that we got kiddos so expect a little professional customer service, so she was like, "You caused this situation and it’s all because of you." I was so upset and almost in tears. Why would somebody do this. This is like mental harassment.

First and last experience ever with Qatar. But in the flight, there was a sr. crew Rulika who listened to our story and said she would report this and also made rest of our flight pleasant. So thanks to her for doing that. She was in tears also after listening to what we had gone through with Qatar ground staff. We definitely are not traveling with Qatar again as even on return flights, didnt like how the bassinets and the kids were seated. We had to get separated and not because they had kids on the other bassinets, but because those passenger paid extra for those so of course Qatar for the money and won't care about a family who have twins and a 7 year old that they all should be seated together. Such a poor experience. Qatar needs to revisit their DFW ground staff for sure as most of the ground staff was unprofessional and none of them walked up to help us.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

It was a flight economy class QR 639 at 2.50 am on October 29th, 2018 from Dhaka Airport, Bangladesh. Qatar Airways staff who was taking care of check in was too rude to all passengers in the line. When I passed check in then another guy who was issuing boarding passes was rude too. I did fly to Japan with JAL and to US with Turkish Airlines. I have never experienced such horrible behavior from Airline officials. They treated those passengers in queue like slaves. Don't fly with Qatar Airways.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Don't be fooled by thinking that buying an upgrade at the airport is going to be much cheaper. The cost is only slightly less than purchasing a business class ticket from the start. An upgrade at the airport only upgrades part of the route, not the whole route to your final destination. Also exchange rates affect the cost. Sitting towards the back of the business class area, there was a crying infant in the economy section directly behind me. Qatar should not allow passengers with infants to occupy the front seats in economy class directly behind business class seating. They should be allocated farther away in the next section.

The main meal that I had ordered was forgotten about. I had waited too long and when it was delivered, it was cold and dry. The airline attendant did not respond to my call quickly enough to tell him about this. I did order another meal but again it meant waiting. The attendant seemed bored and quite unsuited for the role of a steward. He didn't even bother to take off the quilted 'mattress' after sleeping. Said it was OK for me to sit on. The side hand rest also needed to be fixed. The cost involved for an upgrade to business class was really not worth it. Crying infant, unsatisfactory eating scenario, a broken handrest and overall lack of care, has rendered a 2-star rating. I will not travel with Qatar again.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Would like to share my worse experience flying with Qatar from Kigali international airport to Bismarck North Dakota. It was in the Summer of 2017. I had a stop in Nairobi Kenya and there was no Qatar agent at their desk to give me information that I needed. So I was forced to stay inside the airport for many hours because I didn’t have a visa to go to the hotel and when I finally got chance to talk to their supervisor at He was very unprofessional giving a wrong gate number for next flight and I missed my flight one more time and when he noticed that I was mad instead of helping me he wanted to charge money (I guess he wanted to put money in his pocket) thinking maybe that I was going to pay cash.

When he saw that I had a Mastercard he was disappointed. Finally when I got my next flight my bags were missed. Arriving in Chicago O'Hare their manager was very rude when I was explaining him why I missed my flight and my bags were racked. I’ve been telling everyone that I know to not fly with Qatar although they sometimes have cheaper international flights and I am glad that they listen to me.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Due to traffic on the way to Fiumicino Airport in Rome, we arrived at the Check in desk at 7.25am, just 5 minutes after it closed. Since the flight was not due to leave until 8.20, we were advised by Italian airport staff to go directly to the gate to be checked in there. We got to the gate at 7.40 but the Qatar Airways staff refused to let us board the plane. Instead they made us both pay another £700 to get the next flight at 16.40 which had a wait of 20 hours at Doha for a connecting flight to Amritsar. This is outrageously unfair.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I booked a trip from Singapore to Paris on the 10th October. For a started, QATAR airways have arranged for layovers of about 1 hr 20 mins. For a started, this is like gambling. Surprise surprise, we were delayed for an hour in Singapore. I ended up shelling out a bomb to change my non Qatar onwards flight from Paris to Manchester as the air stewardess advised me that I will no doubt miss my Doha - Paris flight. We landed in Doha with 15 mins to spare. Again, QATAR thought it will be fun to make all business class passengers with connecting flight run. Just to set the context, I am traveling with my parents, both above the age of 70. To run across the Doha Airport at top speed is like playing with the Russian Roulette of life and death.

When we got on the plane, they inform us that the fate of our luggage is uncertain. True to behold, when we landed, our luggage were nowhere to be seen. It will only be arriving at a later flight. I am now typing this from McDonald's at CDG airport as I had to while my life away. What I fail to understand is that why would Qatar think that business class passengers are ok without their bags? I paid extra for premium to make traveling an ease for my parents. It turns out to be a combination of marathon and hell. It was a lot of angst that is absolutely unnecessary, coupled with the additional dent in my wallet. Rest assure, post this review, my next project will be a complain letter to Qatar.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

My husband and I have been pleased with Qatar's level of service until our most recent flight on QR702 out of JFK on September 25, 2018, when we experienced miserable conditions while sitting on the tarmac for almost 4 hours. Our flight was scheduled to depart at 2100 but we sat on the tarmac until 2330, and we finally were in the air at midnight. When we first boarded the plane at around 2030, we were struck with the intense heat and stagnant air that did not abate until we pushed back from the gate and were in the air.

No explanation was given for either the delay or the intense heat. The captain failed to take command of the situation and failed to adequately inform the flight attendants and passengers as to reasons for the delay and the heat. Less than hourly, he mumbled over the intercom something incomprehensible about problems with “sequencing” and “we apologize for any inconvenience.” We could not understand his mumbled, slurred speech and were outraged that he failed to acknowledge the intense heat or our miserable conditions.

Although we did not have a thermometer, the heat felt like 38 celsius. I became nauseated and ill with the stagnant hot air as I, like the passengers around me, tried to fan the hot air with magazines. Everyone became quite agitated and restless, and I felt sorry for the attendants who were trying their best to control an escalating situation. The attendants finally passed cool water at 2200 and one little cookie, so the passenger in front of me said, “You think throwing us one little cookie will appease us, like dogs?”

According to the US Department of Transportation, Aviation Consumer Protection, federal regulations e-CFR, (Electronic Code of Federal Regulations), Title 14: Aeronautics and Space, Part 259 - “Enhanced protections for airline passengers” section 259.4, requires that “covered airlines” which Qatar is, have a “contingency plan for lengthy tarmac delays”. As part of this plan, airlines are required to provide comfortable temperatures during the delay and are to provide updates every 30 minutes as to reasons for the delay. These actions did not occur. FEC guidelines also state that the airline shall provide “adequate food and potable water” which did not occur, considering the extreme heat. Airlines are required to detail, in the contingency plan, actions taken to “minimize hardship for passengers”. Qatar did not meet its stated goal of “commitment to service” and failed to ensure a comfortable experience on board.

In addition, when we got to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport, we could not find one of our 4 checked bags and almost missed our flight to Chiang Rai due to filing a claim for lost baggage. After we filed the claim, the attendant at the Baggage Claim area checked the “oversize luggage” area and found our bag, which had been placed in error in the oversize category, as the overall perimeter did not exceed the 62-inch maximum. We have used this bag to fly Qatar on multiple occasions and were never informed that it was oversize. We were given no advance notification that the bag had been placed in this category, causing us additional hardship. I wrote a formal complaint letter to Qatar and requested compensation but received the standard apology for "any inconvenience" and an insistence that they were exempt from "compensatory obligation."

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I am very disappointed with Qatar Airways. I and my family traveled to Tanzania this summer via Doha. We had an overnight layover in Doha. We booked a hotel to spend a night and see the beautiful city of Doha and its museums full of rich Arabic history. My 12 years old was very excited. Prior to leaving I called the airline requesting information on visa requirements for the American citizen and a Tanzanian citizen. I was told you can purchase visa at the airport for 50 dollars each. However, when leaving Washington Dulles Airport, the staff advised me, I will be the only one requiring a visa to enter Qatar. My husband and son as Tanzanian citizens did not require visas. This information is totally wrong. American citizens do not require visa to enter Qatar. But Tanzanian citizens require visas to enter Qatar.

Upon arrival at Doha International airport, we were not allowed to purchase the individual visa for 50 dollars. We were forced to purchase visas that includes food, transportation and lodging in their hotel for 125 dollars for my husband and my son for the total of 250 dollars. The problem was we had already booked a hotel for 60 dollars. Because of the short notice we were not refunded for the hotel booking.

I as an American citizen did not need a visa to leave the airport. Nevertheless, I was charged an additional 30 dollars to share a room with my family. We arrived at DOHA airport at 4:00 pm. By the time we left the airport, it was 8:30 pm too late to see the city. Quite frankly it was a waste of over 300 dollars. On our way back, they left 3 of our suitcases, and we did not get them until 2 days later. The service sucks, misinformation, and lack of simple company's knowledge on the part of their staff is frightening. This was the first time to use the Qatar Airlines and definitely will be the last one.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Airline charged twice. Once from my credit card when I booked my ticket and then as a Guarantee payment when I boarded my return flight. I have all the proofs for my payments. I called the bank and Qatar airlines multiple times. No use, I still didn't get my money. It has been more than 3 months now. Now I am hiring an Attorney to get my refund. How can I let go $1529?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

The amount of small hand bags one can carry varies from COUNTRY TO COUNTRY! One never knows what surprises will emerge when you get to the counter. On HK - Doha route I was allowed 4 pieces. Romania - Doha instead... only 1... last time I traveled. However my first journey Romania - Doha they allowed me 3. IT'S RIDICULOUS! They have no structure, no common sense. (Since they don't even allow a laptop bag. WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND HOW USEFUL A LAPTOP BAG IS?) And they can't keep their story straight either. Qatar sucks. NEVER TRAVELLING WITH THEM AGAIN! #IsupportCommonSense

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Taxi strike in Barcelona caused a lot of unforeseen circumstances resulting in me missing my flight to Australia via Doha. After traveling Europe ready for home I was devastated. Also flying to Europe isn't cheap last minute in summer let alone paying twice. Knowing how much I just wanted to go home, wasn't late due to carelessness or lack of trying, stranded I just wanted to have an exit plan and know I had a flight booked.

Tired after a night in the airport feeling completely deflated I was so happy when my mind was put to rest by such outstanding service by the Qatar ticketing office. It wasn't just that she booked me another flight but honestly my last 12 months has been hard, with whatever could go wrong actually did. Missing my flight, a night at the airport feeling sad and sorry for myseIf I was completely overwhelmed. Her mannerism, the seemingly lack of effort and helpfulness made all the difference to my worries on the day. She helped me without making me feel like she was too busy, I was putting her out and/or it wasn't her problem.

I had trouble trying to book a flight whilst online at the airport so spoke to the only ticketing office open that night. In 5 mins he made me feel 10 times worse and more upset about my situation plus not helpful at all. I felt like I was getting lectured about flight departures, what I should/shouldn't do whilst traveling then the way I should've gone to the airport because it would've been quicker (I thought a booked taxi would get me there quickest? And once I'm at the airport it's too late to be told how I should get there). All I wanted was to book a ticket or hear availability info. I travel overseas frequently, always early, never miss flights. A Customer Service Officer should not make you feel worse.

Not wanting to talk to another ticketing office but still having trouble online the next day I needed to. In 10 mins I felt so relieved and reminded good customer service still exists thanks to Qatar staff in Barcelona. Qatar information desk in Doha airport was also flawless. After serving a line of travelers their flight information (some flights weren't on the board, mine included) the gentleman was so friendly, came across not only happy to help but also actually wanting to.

Paranoid after already missing a flight, no gate number on my boarding pass, couldn't find my flight on the board and then lining up I was so scared and stressed I had no flight home. Don't know if he saw how stressed I was but in 2mins before even being told which gate I needed I was put at ease. A smile and a couple of pleasantries allowed me to breathe and relax. Asked "how are you tonight" and "anything I can do to help you, I will" by someone sounding genuine makes a huge difference. Whatever the issue someone wants to help fix it or at least empathizes. Customer Service is lacking everywhere these days, most don't even try to hide the fact they don't care or can't be bothered.

The staff at Qatar have been outstanding and should be commended. My second time flying with them and will definitely continue to. They have competitive prices, comfortable flight services and facilities but mostly for customer service. I will always remember and be grateful for how much they relieved my worry and stress. To me that was priceless. Only negative is that I arrived back in Australia but my luggage didn't. They said it will couriered to my house when it arrives. I'm safely home so at the moment I'm not bothered.

Original review: July 19, 2018

My parents were traveling to Doha - Nepal from DFW and we had a terrible experience in check in counter at DFW. The arrogant female employee was checking us in. Asked us to put our carry on in the weighing belt and it was 3 kg overweight and I told her we are 2 passenger travelling and we only have 1 carry on and extra empty carry on bag to move our extra stuff in and she said we have to move aside while we do that and we were ok with it. After everything was done we asked her to check us in but she told us that we have to go back to the line again, I told her we were already in line for 2 hours and it will be another 2 hours as the line was too long. Why can't she just check us in. But she was rude and didn't even gave us chance to talk and when I told her my parents are old and they cannot rush to the gate, if we are late and then this terrible lady said that she doesn't care about that and she is not there to care about such things.

I even asked to call the manager. She refused and told us that I have to go look for the manager. She wasn't trying to work with us at all, she was acting like she was doing us a favor by checking our bags in and that was ridiculous. We pay so much for our ticket and she has nothing to do with it, all she have to do is do a better job, she is a employee, she is not doing us any favor to treat a passenger like that and Qatar airlines management should teach their employees a better customer service. These employees at DFW check in counter specially female employee needs to learn to be humble and respectful and learn to give a good customer service. Customers are treated with such a disrespectful and arrogant behavior. We are all people and no one should be treated disrespectfully period.

Qatar Airways Company Information