2. Travel

Qatar Airways Reviews

3.7/5 (307 ratings)

About Qatar Airways Reviews

Qatar Airways Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Qatar Airways?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Qatar Airways?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I chose Qatar cargo because it permits Scottish fold to fly on board. When I received the cats in the final destination, there were no documents with them. I contacted Q cargo but the company ignored me.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

I booked a Qatar Airways flight on July 14th. I was sitting on the plane, ready to take off, when I asked for a painkiller for a simple headache (I had my negative Covid test result). The flight attendant came back to me with many questions, which I answered. Then, the flight manager came to me and asked me to leave the flight!!! They did not let me fly! They asked me to bring them a Fit to Fly letter from a doctor to get another ticket for tomorrow evening on July 15th.

I spend all night in the emergency room of one of the hospitals in NYC to get the letter. The day after, I went back to get a new ticket instead, but the new flight manager did not look at my letter and never listened to me to see what happened last night. He asked me to book a new ticket via a phone number. I knew that booking a flight through that number takes more than 2 hours, and I could not get the flight around 3 hours later. Moreover, I already paid for a ticket, and I wanted to get a new one. I felt frustrated, and none of the agents even care. I give 0 Star if I could! They make my travel the worse one in my whole life. I never travel with Qatar airways in the future and do not recommend it to anybody!

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

Want to share my bad experience while working with Qatar Airways Customer care to get my travel voucher refund. I requested Qatar Airlines for my ticket refund request for the flight that was cancelled in 2019 due to pandemic situation but not yet got refund after 5 months of regular followups. Every time they responded that they will process my request and closed the ticket even service is not yet completed. I opened 4 tickets so far to follow up with my original request as they closed all my previous tickets without any resolution. They are asking me to keep patience whereas they are giving the response after a month time. Every time getting same response that they are processing my request but still no result. Feeling harassed while connecting with Qatar Customer Care to get my own money back. I am really not sure whether I will be getting my money back and want to alert other passengers about this situation.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I had the most awful flying experience for my family and myself. The airplane is fine but the layover was 16 hours in Doha. No transit accommodation whatsoever. Their phone lines do not answer before the flight to help confirm how they accommodate us. I waited over 8 hours on the phone to no avail. When we arrived in Doha, I asked for the transit accommodation and I was told there is none. I explained that our layover is 16 hours and I have my family but all I was told that due to covid, all transit accommodation is cancelled.

I searched online and found hotels near by the airport but the airlines told me I can't leave the airport because I had to apply ahead of time and be approved again because of Covid. I told them that I hold Canadian passport and should have no problem going through immigration but all I heard is that Covid has changed the rules. So we were stranded for 18 hours on chairs on top of our already 16 hours trip with nearly no sleep. People who gave this stupid airlines must have had short layover and did not go through any real suffer here.

Original review: July 31, 2021

No social distancing with every single seat filled and almost 400 people on the plane. At least 5 people sitting around us didn't wear their mask throughout the whole entire flight. They kept making announcements. Masks must be worn at all times and yet none of the flight attendants said anything to these maskless people. Also when I purchased our seats online, all the middle seats on the seat map had an X as if it was due to social distancing. We walked up to our seats to realize someone was sitting in between us. Luckily he was nice enough to move to the window seat. I'm very very disappointed and I don't think I will be flying with them in the future.

Original review: July 25, 2021

I am having a terrible experience with QATAR Air and wanted to let someone know and see what can be done. I was booked to depart on the 24th from Jacksonville to Chicago-to Doha then arrive BKK 705 am on the 26th. It was confirmed through Qatar website and even went on and chose my seats…. The evening of the 22 I was checking the flight to see what time I should be at the airport. Qatar website said the flight was canceled. I called them and they had no explanation said I should rebook. I was able to rebook for all the same flights except instead of Chicago, I go to Dallas, then Doha and then BKK. I was up all night doing this.

It is important to note that to enter Thailand I needed, and had, a Certificate Of Entry (COE), ASQ hotel booking, recent negative COVID test and insurance. I was traveling with my soon to be wife. She is Filipino and had all the same documents that I had. Being Filipino, she DOES NOT NEED A VISA TO ENTER THAILAND. She gets it there.

Departed the morning from Jacksonville. They checked the COE, COVID test, ASQ confirmation and insurance and all was good. Get to Dallas. The guy at the Qatar desk said I could not go because the flight to Chicago was listed on the COE and not Dallas. I pointed out it was the EXACT same flight going from DOHA to BKK. They said they would email Thailand and see if it was fine. Waiting standing by the counter for literally 2 hours. After they boarded, the guy called me and said I could board. He checked all my documents again. Then he said I needed a visa. I showed him all that. He then said my girlfriend needed a visa. I explained that she did not need a visa, there is an agreement between the Philippines and Thailand, she can come in and get stamped there. he disagreed and took a few minutes to look at a notebook, I assume confirming she does not need a VISA.

He then said he needed to see her departure flight. Showed him that and then he said the doors was closed and I could not board. His manager then came over and said that no one is allowed to enter Thailand unless they have immediate family there. Took about 30 mins to get that corrected. I explained the COE issue and she said, "Don’t worry that can be done in a day." Obviously, she is ill informed. Qatar said they can’t rebook me, I have to do it myself. I am in the process of that or trying. No one has answered the Qatar airways phone number yet.

So my question is why was my original flight showing “canceled” when it was not. The counter clerks at Dallas said I canceled the flight. That is NOT TRUE. Why will they refuse to rebook me? I have had to spend money on hotels and rental cars because of this. I will also likely be out of work if I have to wait another 2 weeks to get a new COE.

Original review: June 6, 2021

Shocked at Qatar Airways handling of an incident, in which a visibly intoxicated passenger urinated on my seat and belongings. In addition, the said passenger was threatening me when I raised this as an issue; stating "he would not leave me!". Despite my request for the person to be detained and an escort to be provided to get me through the airport safely, there were multiple times on the aircraft and in the airport that the said passenger approached me and threatened me. The airline did not take any action against the passenger on the flight (arrest, detain, etc.) and furthermore I was moved to the back of the plane rather than being upgraded or given a reimbursement for my flight!

To date, despite having notified the airline verbally and in writing, to my knowledge, no action has been taken. As a woman traveler, I felt extremely unsafe. I am extremely shocked that the airline did not have protocols to make sure their customer's health and safety are prioritized. I am posting here so that other passengers can be aware, especially women travelers travelling alone.

Original review: June 4, 2021

The airline ground staff is not trained to keep abreast of the latest travel regulations (especially through Europe). In my case, I was denied boarding on a flight through Europe (along with a few others) when we had all the requirements. In short, the customer service response afterwards was completely lacking. I had to take the initiative to travel to the airport a few times to convince the staff of publicly available information that I can fly through Europe. My trip was delayed by a week and I ended up successfully flying to my destination with the same paperwork I had with me when I was initially denied boarding. When I filed a complaint, QA customer continues to deny any responsibility that their ground staff made a mistake, even when the passenger presents factual immigration information/immigration correspondences to support my case.

Original review: May 17, 2021

If there was a way I could give negative ratings for Qatar Airways, I would have done that. I am surprised that an award winning airlines like Qatar has the worst customer service department. They are rude and provide incorrect information to say the least. After denying boarding for a booked business class ticket due to the new COVID rules, they are now denying me refunding full amount without a penalty. They claim that I did not call 1 hour prior to the departure and I shared the call logs with them that I was on hold for 90 minutes before a call was connected. I have talked to multiple agents and also have emailed their CS. No one seems to have an accurate update on the case and to top that some of them have been outright rude. Their CS department is far away from demonstrating customer obsession. It has been more than 2 weeks since I have been following up with them and I still do not know if I am going to get refunded for the ticket.

Original review: April 13, 2021

Qatar Airways QR 516 charged 190 QR for just 2 KG extra baggage. Airline Staff were trained to squeeze the passengers, due to falling off in business. Qatar Airways trying to acquire the money in all possible way (we all knows weighing machine having + or - 2 error, so it was 30 while I checked in home). They charged me additional 30 QR as service charge as well? QA staff recommends that remove 2 kg from Baggage and put into hand baggage, they knows that nobody going to do that as we all traveling with uttermost safety measures. So the weight is not at all their considerations, just make sure they are earning Money in very unprofessional way. I was frequent flyer in QA now seems like time to have an alternative Airline.

Qatar Airways Company Information