Qatar Airways

Qatar Airways Reviews

2.7/5 (163 ratings)

About Qatar Airways Reviews

Qatar Airways Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Qatar Airways?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Qatar Airways?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Well today was a great mess up, I was scheduled to fly on Jan 6th, 2022 QR 740 from LAX – DOH – DBX. I was at the airport 2 hours before departure doing my regular check-in. There does not seem to be any kind of exclusive platinum line, they are all mixed together to any kind of status you have with Qatar is pretty much all just washed into Biz class. The lady at the counter had taken my details for check–in and let me wait for another 10 min, while she was still nickel and dimming another family for having a slightly heavier suitcase of 3 – 5 kg over the weight limit. – Yes and this family was also traveling in Biz class. I was put on hold for about 10 minutes watching this entire shuffling of suitcase components.

10 minutes later she got back to me and I gave her my Qatar Airways app with my booking details for today departure Jan 6th. She said she could not find my booking so she went to check with the manager, another 10 min have passed. She came back and told me my flight is booked for tomorrow I said no cant’ be I have my booking right here and showed her my phone again, Jan 6th it even showed on my phone flight is ready for check-in.

I made it very clear, that her company application and booking is telling me that the flight is today that is why I am at the airport. It’s not the first time I am flying I have Solitaire PPS status with Singapore Airlines for several years now. if there is a mistake in their system not working then please get it fixed and make the necessary changes. I have not received any notification that there is an issue with the Qatar booking system not showing bookings correctly.

Another 10 minutes pass and I am waiting a junior supervisor come back out to me with a printout telling me, "Sir your flight is tomorrow." I explain the details again why I am here and show him my booking on my phone showing departure Jan 6th. He tells, "I am sorry but nothing I can do. I have spoken to my supervisor, you will need to call reservations to make a change, we can’t do anything here. And it's too late already checking has closed already." He said that it looks like there is a problem that the booking details show up with the wrong time zone.

There are other customer still checking in and if you would not have let me wait here for the last 30 min, then we would have made some progress. How on earth can you treat your Platinum members which such low quality of service. I asked several times that this problem is not mine I am a customer who’s here to fly because of what is showing on my checking on my app today departure Jan 6th. I have asked now to speak to the supervisor, We are 1:20 min away from departure so still plenty of time to get 2 bags loaded and checked in.

I wait another 15 minutes for the supervisor who was promised to come to me but never showed had to chase him down myself. He finally had another look at my booking, gave him my phone again and he said, "Yes it looks like your detailed on your phone are wrongly displayed seems to be a technical issue with Qatar app." I asked again, "If there is an open seat can you please re-book me."

The guy said, "I can see here in my system, your flight is for tomorrow." I said, "Great, I can also see here on my Qatar App my flight is today Jan 6th," he accused me of why I am going to airport trying to get onto an earlier flights, am starting to lose it. I said, "Please get this fixed, if you need to change something call Qatar airways head office and get this fixed." It’s obviously not my problem, I used 90% of my phone and my apps for business and I have never come across where the date of a plane ticket would show wrongly for several weeks before departure. I made it very clear to him that it is an issue with Qatar airways and last time I checked I am standing in front of a Qatar check-in counter, at the airport who is supposed to assist a Platinum Qatar Privilege customer.

I said, "Is this how you treat your premium customer is this the type of service you provide." They wasted an entire 1:30 hour of doing nothing not once have they called Head office who could have easily fixed this. They had seat available, they did not mention they are fully booked, which could have been more understanding. He accused me of trying to get an earlier flight, I said. "Are you ** kidding me. Do you think I am wasting my time coming here for fun or something? I am here to fly because that is what my digital ticket says on my Qatar App." He asked me where I booked my ticket. I said on the Qatar website and he told me, "Why don’t you look there." I said I am using the Qatar app, that is another customer touchpoint of interaction. My App is up to date.

A few curse words started to fly by now. You can understand my view, they have acknowledged already that the data showing to the customer app is wrong, but did nothing to get me on my flight. The guy got so angry with me and told me don’t come back tomorrow he will not check me in. I told them they are bunch of clown and ** airline with 0 customer service. There is no way on earth that Qatar airways is a 5 star airlines or best airlines. Somebody got paid under the table big bucks to make that happen for them. I have flown many airlines in the past and I can confirm to you that Garuda Indonesia a four star airline provide superior customer service then Qatar Airways. Qatar Airways lacks a lot of customer service in many client touch points.

Don’t get me the wrong the Q suite product is fantastic, the airport is beautiful, the lounges in Doha are beautiful and great.
- The planes look nice.
- The selection of food is great.
- The entertainment is fantastic.
Platinum Privilege Club – non-existence/No special extras/The Privilege program is a façade. Cabin crew do not greet one by their name.
- Quality of on-board service lacks 3-4 star only.
- Cabin crew do not clean up properly after each servicing.
o No evening crews patrol to make sure customer are comfortable.
- Inconsistent service, hit or miss on each flight.

- Inconsistent cabin crew standard.

At the end of the day Qatar Airways looks beautiful but under the facade it's all smoke and mirror. As they say a car only runs as good as its mechanics. You can buy as many new planes and beautiful cabin products, but you can’t buy style and heritage.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

When I arrived to deliver the bags, a man who treated me very badly asked me for a visa to enter Kenya. I wasn't going to Qatar, I was going to Kenya. The number on my new passport was wrong, but the number on the old one was there as a national document. I showed him the old passport and he told me that it was worth nothing, even though it expired on January 22. They treated me bad. They didn't listen to me. They didn't want to talk to my wife on the phone, I don't speak English well. A gray-haired man (in Oslo) treated me as if he were a slave. I missed my vacation. I will never travel on that airline again and I will take care of spreading the case. Greetings.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

An aggrieved senior citizen. What can I say? Where do I begin? In one word it was all chaos Qatar Chennai airport counter!! When we (My wife & I) walked into Chennai International airport on the 2nd of Dec to catch our Qatar flight to Los Angles transiting through Doha I never expected that we would be put to such a torturous nightmare by Qatar airways the award winning airline. I would like to simply put it down as follows. 1. We walked in at around 12.05am to check in. We were shocked to see the serpentine queues. There were at least 3lines. No one knew why. 12.15 We contacted a good friend at the airport and he was kind enough to send an airline staff. Not a Qatar staff.

12.30 This gentlemen brought a Qatar staff. He explained that due to a technical issue the flight had not taken off from Doha. There will be considerable delay and we may miss our connection to LA. I politely showed him the qatar app and informed him that I was aware of this. So what next? He told us to wait. We pushed our trolleys to a corner and found ourselves a seat and our waiting began. By the way Chennai international airport will probably feature as one of the most badly maintained airports of the world. 12.30-1-1.30-2-2.30-3.0-3.30 No info whatsoever from Qatar. Only news we got after much persuation was that direct Doha passengers will be checked in. Others have to wait.

Finally I marched to the counter and demanded an explanation. I was informed that I have been rerouted via Frankfurt. Lufthansa being my carrier for 1leg. I literally lost my cool! Qatar staff were not even aware that as in Indian citizens we needed a transit visa!!! Finally after 6 hours they suggested we fly via Seattle. I flatly refused and told them book me on the next available fligh to LA and let us go home as my wife is nursing a hairline fracture in her leg!! and both of us are senior citizens and we should not be exposed like this in a crowded airport. To top it all qatar did not even arrange a bottle of water!!!! Appalling, irresponsible and callous behaviour indeed!!

What qatar should have done? 1.Treated passengers with care. 2. Made arrangements for water and light refreshments. 3. Should have segregated transit passengers and addressed their issues. 4.. Separated senior citizens & co-morbid passengers and kept them away from the crowd. 5. Made announcements periodically. 6. Got passenger volunteers to help them to tackle the situation. Handling crisis situations entitles you to be voted the best airline not otherwise. Will we fly qatar again? Will we recommend qatar? Most probablly not!!

Haricharan

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I am writing to express my great displeasure with the services provided by Qatar Airways and the ongoing problems it is presenting. We’ve had our tickets unknowingly cancelled and rebooked; have been forced to spend several hundred dollars of our savings because of staff errors; lost days of valuable holiday time; and are dealing with the fallout from the airline’s loss of our luggage.

I am also writing to advise that the poor service has caused ongoing problems and dangers to our 2 year old daughter – for whom we have tried to carefully plan the trip around. Specifically, the loss of our luggage and protective clothing for a European winter has been a dangerous error on the part of Qatar Airways and has resulted in the need for several urgent purchases to ensure our daughter’s safety. I am writing this email to advise in advance of the poor reviews I will be leaving and to implore you to make appropriate changes so that the same nightmare isn’t thrust upon another poor family.

Our list of grievances are as follows: The first issue arose when arriving at the airport to discover our tickets on the adjoining flight from Dohar to Prague had been cancelled several weeks prior without any notice given to us to rebook or adjust our planning. I understand the issues that COVID regulations may have on flight bookings, but the cancellation of our flight weeks prior to our departure without any notice given was absolutely appalling.

Staff informed us that they would be able to amend the issue by sending us from Dohar to Paris, and then onto Prague. They failed to specify however, that our travel time would be vastly extended, and would involve additional costs for COVID testing, food and amenities for our young daughter. Further issues arose when arriving at the Pairs airport, when we were advised that our bags would not be following us to Prague, although being assured by Qatar staff that they would join us despite the changes.

We were curtly informed by Qatar airport staff that we should find our bags ourselves or make other arrangements for their delivery. Fortunately, I was able to find another member of staff who advised us that she could arrange for the bags to join us on the following flight. Unfortunately, the bags were wrongly sent to the U.S and have since not been returned. This left us arriving to a European winter without sufficient clothing or equipment to travel, and has resulted in several otherwise unnecessary costs to us.

One of my major disappointments with our experience was reflecting on our purposeful choice to fly with Qatar airways – who we had read excellent reviews for and understood to be the best. We booked with Qatar over other airlines thinking we would have the easiest and most comfortable trip with our young daughter; but sadly, we have instead experienced rude staff, extended travel time, further costs, increased stress, and lost luggage.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

I kept bouncing back and forth between offices to sort out the issue I had at the airport. The most important point to staff in the airport is to get rid of you by telling lies and pretend courtesy. Lengthy layover time (16 hrs) without support at the airport. With painful and sore foot the cart driver declined servicing me upon request and was trying to instruct me to go (while limping) to their office to request help (to drop me to the gate). Very funny. But without hesitation and because of the past experience, I kept walking with a sore foot to the gate. Sent a feedback to customer service request email and a senseless and generic apology for as sent. Very funny. Be careful and double check before commit to fly using Qatar airways.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

To me this airline was so far the worst possible in terms of customer service. They steal your eyes with free so called luxury products but when it comes to serious passenger and ticketing handling this airline is absolutely despicable. Day light robbery!!!! We booked 2 tickets Zurich - Bali/Denpasar, canceled according to the policy on COVID and were offered the possibility of an additional 10% voucher. Never saw back the money!!!! Never saw any voucher for the value we paid!!!! They keep sending us a wrong voucher with 8% of the value we paid, claiming there is an error in the booking system. Since 4 months we are in a back and forth fight to get our money back! This airline is absolutely despicable!!!!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

The airline guy denied my checkin for some weird requirement. And later on I had to change my flight and heard him talking to his staff that the flight is overbooked and they need some more people not to allow. This is such an unprofessional behavior and harass customer. His name was George in Lax airport. Next day when I checkin again the requirement was gone. They also didn’t refund me my upgrade they charged me.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

The worse airline ever. I know also they treat their employees like slaves. Their call center doesn't exist, they don't reply on email, their ground staff doesn't know anything and is very rude, arrogant and unprofessional. The meaningless airline who bought award and wants to show the balls to the world. The reality is cheap, horrible service but for extremely expensive price. NEVER fly with these hypocritical liars, stay away from this so-called airline, even though the truck service in the African desert has even a better service. A lot of transit passengers were even beat in their airport without any justifications, they don't obey to any international law.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

Turns out, Qatar Airways employees can lie to customers about travel requirements and kick you off of a flight. Then, you will spend weeks being sent in circles by Qatar Airways with no resolution. Also, you apparently cannot speak to any customer service reps on the phone. I have never, in my life, seen a business run like this.

I had already gone through checking and security, and was just going to board my flight from Dallas to Muscat, Oman. The Qatar employee claimed I needed a hotel reservation to board the flight, which is NOT a requirement and I did not have a hotel reservation due to having family in Oman. I was also not the only passenger this lie was told to and not the only passenger denied entry onto the flight. The Qatar employee simply told me I had to call Qatar Airways and walked off. I spent 3 hours on hold with Qatar Airways just to be told I needed to speak to an employee at DFW in person - at 1 am - after all employees had gone home.

I was stuck in a city I didn't live in, no idea where my bags were, no idea if I could rebook, no hotel voucher, no ride voucher, no COVID voucher - NOTHING! I had to pay everything out of pocket - all due to a travel requirement made up by a Qatar employee. It took me a full day and 3 different phone calls to rebook my flight and NO ONE could compensate me for the out of pocket costs and no one would fully resolve the issue for me. AND I had to run all over Dallas to get another COVID PCR as mine would have been invalid due to missing my flight. I ended up having to pay $250 out of pocket for a rapid PCR. The cherry on top, when I was checking in and boarding my flight the next day, no one even asked me about hotel reservations - further confirming the Qatar employee just made up a travel restriction.

This was on December 1st and I STILL HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO SPEAK TO ANYONE AT QATAR THAT CAN RESOLVE THIS! I have called and called and called, only to be told there is NO WAY I could talk to a customer service representative on the phone and had to file a complaint online. I filed 3 complaints online, only to be lied to again, Qatar returning my email 8 days later, claiming I wasn't allowed onto the flight because I didn't have insurance (which I did have, by the way). Lies on lies on lies. And no one is willing to help me or resolve this issue. This is absolutely appalling and I literally don't know what else to do or who else to reach out to. This airline is impossible to reach and even if you do reach someone, they lie to you.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2021

My trip from San Francisco to Cairo on Qatar Airways is very bad. First, after the reservation was made, and for special circumstances, I had to change the flight time. When I called them, they changed the departure time and paid $400, and if I wanted to change the return time, I had to pay $900. Second, I I booked a chair on the corridor and an email was sent to reserve the chair, but I was surprised to cancel the reservation and I had to pay $40 if I wanted to choose the chair. Thirdly, I tried to pay the cost of the third bag online, but it was not allowed and I called Qatar Airways and they said that the cost is for the bag.

The increase is $200, but I was surprised at the airport with a discount of $250 without telling me, and when I told the employee that it was only $200, she said this online, how do I pay online and it is not possible, the last surprise that I did not see in any airport or any airline is They weigh the hand baggage and were paid $65 extra weight, this is the worst flying experience I've ever had.

Qatar Airways Company Information