Qatar Airways

Qatar Airways Reviews

3.7/5 (352 ratings)

About Qatar Airways Reviews

Qatar Airways Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Qatar Airways?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Qatar Airways?

Original review: June 24, 2022

Our flight was delayed for 2 hours in London Heathrow. Then when we reached Doha the flight was delayed for 15 hours. We asked for accommodation, lounge, they refused. The behaviour of staff was very rude. They didnt even accomodate the families with infants not older one, and when we reached Islamabad, we are told that ur luggage is lost. I was told that it was the best airline, but in my opinion it's the worst

Original review: June 22, 2022

My husband wanted to see his ailing mother. He had a connecting flight. From Canada Toronto to Karachi Pakistan. Landed to London Heathrow airport. Came back from there with a reason that last name is not matching. He showed all his documents with his name. He didn’t reach to his destination and came back to Canada paying an additional payment to air Canada. How air Canada passed him through Canada airport if he had this problem. These airline are all business-minded. No customer services. No humanity. Media person please contact my number** to give their review.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 20, 2022

I bought 2 return tickets from Brisbane to Warsaw via Doha with Qatar Airways. I paid premium, because Qatar offered the best connection in the meaning of time wasted for the layover. We were supposed to have 2.5h layover in Doha going from Australia to Poland and 1h on our way back. I always buy the shortest connection. We were very happy that we found such connection, so we did prefer to pay premium but not have to wait for 5 hours or more for the connecting flight. One month later, on the 15th of February we received a notification that our itinerary had changed, and the layover time extended by 18 hours and 20 minutes! Few days later, we received another e-mail informing us that our layover in Doha was extended to 20 hours 35 minutes! They basically wasted the whole day of our lives not offering a hotel room or anything!

At the Doha airport we went to Qatar Customer Service and imagine, that as a compensation they offered us a meal voucher! We bought expensive tickets because of the layover they offered and then WE ENDED UP WAITING A DAY FOR OUR CONNECTION FLIGHT WITHOUT ANY COMPENSATION WHATSOEVER! This was the worst traveling experience ever.

Original review: June 17, 2022

I was once a very Happy Qatar customer and member, but not at the moment. At Melbourne International Airport approximately 2 weeks ago, I checked my wife in with a 5 month & 3 year old child, the service I got was definitely not up to scratch. We asked if we could get a pram at DOHA airport, which was what we have done in the past, they said this is something they don't do anymore???,

We then asked for the supervisor, she was flustered, in a rush and used Covid as an excuse to why no pram could be supplied, even though wheelchairs are available and supplied, no assistance for infants??? This now made life difficult for my wife, we now had to figure out how she could get from 1 gate to another at DOHA with a 5 month old infant, 3 year old and 3 carry on baggages. Not only was this an issue, To top it off, my wife had to pull apart the pram at the gate at Melbourne airport, put it into 2 bags whilst a stranger was holding our infant child.

It gets better, my wife landed in Adana/Turkey airport and one of 2 bags she had to put the prams and bassinet in is missing, the top bassinet for the pram is nowhere to be seen, without the bassinet, the pram is useless, she is not happy at all. I've been a very happy Qatar member and advocate of Qatar for a long time, but this time I was not happy at all, no care of a 5 month old infant she now had to carry, a 3 year old to look after and 3 carry on baggages, PUT YOURSELF IN HER SHOES!!!

I've asked other airlines about supplying prams, they did not have an issue. We then asked the attendant if we could put one of the carry on bags into the bottom of the plane to help us with the situation we were in, they asked for about $600 to put a 7 kilo bag into baggage, this is embarrassing if you ask me. I've sent numerous emails about the missing bassinet, I've attached pictures of our pram showing the missing bassinet that goes on top, told them it would definitely be sitting at DOHA airport because the attendant did not put a barcode sticker on the bag or basinet, but guess what, NO ONE has responded to my emails.

Where has customer service, customer care & customer retention gone??? Come on QATAR, you are better than that. I will be going with Qatar July 19 and we are coming back together, if I had my way, I would consider changing airlines, but I can't because I will be coming back with the family, at least she will have me to help this time, FOR FREE!!! Let's hope my experience up and back is a better one

Original review: June 12, 2022

I really don't understand why people love this airline. We were looking forward to flying Qatar due to all the good reviews, but we were sorely disappointed. First, in Dallas preparing to board our first Qatar flight to Doha on route to Kathmandu, my husband was mysteriously placed on a stand by list, despite having a full price ticket. No explanation. We had to wait until the last moment and then were given crappy bulkhead seats, so no underseat storage for items needed during the 15 hour flight. Another couple with business class tickets were also placed on stand-by for no reason. Service for that long of a flight was minimal. Seats were really close and cramped. A woman next to me had her arm on the armrest, but I needed to open it to access the entertainment controls. So every time I needed to change the volume or look for a movie, I had to lift her arm up.

On the way back, the flight was delayed for 2.5 hours. I understand now, that the Kathmandu airport is always a total cluster and that was not the fault of the airlines. To Qatar's credit, they did have staff waiting at the gate to help usher people to connecting overseas flights, given we had less than an hour to disembark then get across the airport, go through security twice, and check in.

My luggage was lost. After waiting over an hour in DFW for the last bags to come out, it was clear my bag was not there. By that time, the Qatar Airlines representative was long gone at the Bag Service counter. So in Tulsa, I filed a report with American Airlines, but, of course, they told me to contact Qatar. The online filing process is cumbersome and my scanned documents weren't in a form their website liked so I spent over an hour trying to complete the form and find new ways to upload the documents. I tried the online messaging only to be told to keep working at trying new ways to upload the documents. I tried calling the number listed and it just rang and rang. I finally got the form completed and of course the last question was, why didn't I contact someone at the airport? Poor service all around.

Original review: June 9, 2022

I booked a flight to Doha and had one checked bag allowance. I wanted to check in 2 bags as I had spent some time in Germany and had purchased a few items.

The website and the app won't allow you to add an additional bag, instead it gives you fee information on increasing the weight allowance in 1Kg steps. So an additional 25Kg costs around $650. I thought that must be a mistake as the ticket price was close to this price. I called Qatar and after 30 minutes of discussion with a rude support personnel, I was told there was no way to purchase another bag but only to increase weight at the price of $600+. This is ridiculous, will never fly this airline.

Original review: June 8, 2022

What's going on with Qatar Air? When boarding my flight to Doha, I was informed that the business class seat was broken and I was offered a seat in economy. However, the ticket adjustment has never been resolved. No refund after 30 days! No response or ability to communicate with customer service! Similar to another reviewer, on the return leg, my 24-hour PCR test was denied. The agent told me to rush to a local hospital for an antigen test, which I did, but it was also unsuccessful. As a result, I rebooked my flight for the following day and took a third COVID test. On the telephone with a Qatar Airways employee, I was quoted a $1k flight change fee but was billed $1900 for the ticket. No response! No ability to communicate with customer service!

Qatar Airlines has not upheld four of its Customer Service Commitments, in accordance with the U.S. Department of Transportation requirements.

• Ensure responsiveness to customer complaints
    • Provide prompt ticket refunds
    • Offer the lowest available fare

• Notify customers of changes to their travel itineraries

I'm so sad because I used to love this airline.

Original review: June 7, 2022

We are having so much difficulty with booking tickets online, when we call customer service they don’t even help us. After few attempts we are able to book the tickets but when we update the preferences it got updated at that time, the issue is when we reviews the iternary it shows that no meal preferences, we ended up with no option. Indigo flight with Qatar service also worst, my parents struggled with food and all. This is the worst flight ever.

Original review: June 7, 2022

I had to miss my flights to Dubai on 5/25/22 because my Rapid Antigen test was not accepted by Qatar Airways, and drive 4.5-5 hours for nothing. I was told this was my responsibility. This is information Qatar Airways could have provided ahead of time, so I could be prepared and then be liable for if I didn't comply after paying over $1,250.00 for my tickets. I also lost my online upgrade that I spent $205 (credit card) and 2,000 Avios used for the upgrade - I submitted an online refund request. Despite the hotel night I missed ($50.68 + $11.39 tax) + the 10 AED required at the hotel, the $90 gas expense for the 4.5-hour drive, the $21 parking fee for 5/25, the $211 charge for a rush PCR test (an expense that would have been $24 less with forewarning) + any other inconvenience with my time and mileage, I was willing to forego those inconveniences if my upgrade was honored. It was neither honored nor refunded.

Their customer service is great until you have an issue - which defeats the purpose in conflict resolution. I was forced to endure a 15.5-hour flight from LAX to Doha beside a male passenger that was physically aggressive even though I asked to be moved and told the only available seat was near a woman with children when I saw at least 4 seats available on the tablet the airline host used. On my return leg, my call to a flight attendant was ignored and headphones were not provided to watch movies. Their food was excellent and generous.

Upon encountering the same Covid testing issue on the return leg, I finally thought "enough is enough." I heard the same line about 'responsibility' and finally replied, "but I'm flying your airline." Qatar Airways has a duty to supply this information because I had already suffered the brunt of hearing testing information at the ticket counter, and could have arrived earlier. I had to pay for a taxi (via credit card because I spent all my cash) going to the other Terminal for testing (30.50 AED, $8.80 US Dollars) and coming from Terminal 3 (21.50 AED, $6.20 US Dollars) with the last taxi driver delaying me. Both expenses were converted to US Dollars. I'm not the only customer to complain and even airport staff agreed with me.

I spent 150 AED ($43.70 US Dollars) on the Rapid Antigen test. It's much easier to travel to the U.S. than Dubai. I would like to say I enjoyed my trip, but I cannot. I simply tried to make the best of it and that's attributed to Qatar Airways, who now owes me a total of $443.95. I wouldn't advise anyone to use the airline based on my experience.

Original review: June 3, 2022

From start to finish my experience with Qatar Airways was awful. To start I was not allowed to take my carry on with me even though it fit. The flight left an hour late so it could accommodate more people getting on. No one seemed to care which blew my mind. I was flying from Dallas to Qatar. You would think they would make up so time because of the delay. Nope. Didn't care which was awesome 'cause I didn't wanna make my connection anyways.

Needless to say I got an email saying because of the delay I was being taken off the flight and moved to another one. When I asked for compensation 'cause I missed my hotel reservations. They said that's not their fault and won't compensate me. To make things even better. The flight I got transferred to my bags got put on then taken back off. Again the company said that it's not their problem even though they did that. I still don't have my bags. I have never experienced anything like this level of not caring for a customer after you make a mistake.

Qatar Airways Company Information