Qatar Airways

Qatar Airways Reviews

3.8/5 (681 ratings)

About Qatar Airways Reviews

Qatar Airways Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Qatar Airways?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Qatar Airways?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2022

Terrible customer service. My luggage was damaged when I arrived at Doha International airport. I tried to submit a claim after my trip and the website told me to contact Qatar Airways directly. I called twice and neither representative said they could and to contact the airport directly. It is impossible to get in contact with someone from my stateside experience. I find it hard to believe there is no further contact to make to see this problem resolved. I would not recommend this airline as they are careless with customers' luggage and do not hold themselves accountable to their faults when a customer is in need of a problem needing solved at the fault of the airline. Do not use them.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

Multiple complaints and very poor service, lost luggage and no one contacted for complaint submitted.

- Lost luggage
- Made complaint with no luck anyone contacting

- Had booked Wheelchair/Special assistance but was not given causing health issues

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

Pretty simple, used AA Points to book business class tickets with Qatar. States 2 checked bags as standard. At check in instructed to pay $500 as luggage not included, or if disagree cancel ticket. Rude gangster style behaviour, emailed 2 months ago, still waiting a reply

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

Complaint to Qatar Airways about poor customer service and solutions. Me and my family are flying with Qatar first time, we especially picked Qatar for exceptional service and reputation. We will be flying from HEL-DOH-HKT on 9.11.2022 and returning HKT-DOH-HEL at 28.11.2022. Since we are traveling with 6-year-old child we have been very concerned about our 9h transfer time in Doha airport, middle of the night, during our returning flight. To address this concern I first contacted Qatar airways to ask about different options to sleep at DOH during our stay.

I had understood normally Qatar books Onyx airport hotel automatically for over 8h transfers, but this time I was told it is impossible. However, customer service suggested, I could go to Qatar website/my trips and to book a lounge where to stay overnight with my family. I did logged in to "my trips" and reserved an only possible lounge option available.

Couple of days later, when we were doing final travel check-ups, reserving meals etc. I noticed I had booked lounge and meet & greet service for 280€ for inbound flight HKI-DOH-HKT and not to returning flight. This is absurd since transfer time on inbound flight is 2h and most likely we have no time at all to visit any lounge etc. I did as customer service at Qatar told me to do but the website offers no services/hotels/accommodation whatsoever for returning flight, so what he asked me to do was impossible.

Again, I contacted Qatar Airways customer service and spoke with Heather in Doha around 50mins. I was told they cannot do any sleeping etc. arrangements for returning flight, and also that incorrectly reserved meet & greet service could not be refunded. This is absolutely ridiculous that website even offers such platinum service for 2h transfers and equally abysmal that it cannot be cancelled at all.

When I activated the meet & greet + lounge option from "my trips" as instructed by customer rep of Qatar, I naturally assumed it would be from my 9h returning flight. However, it was not even possible to reserve anything for returning flight, and still is. Heather then informed us, there would be some sleeping areas around the airport, but could not explain at all, how close they are to the gates, how do they operate, are they normally full or is there space or can one make a reservation to such a place. Nor she was able to tell us what should we do, in order to secure us place to rest for us and our 6-year-old.

Now I am equally gobsmacked that customer service that operates at Doha airport knows very little, if anything, how airport operates and is also unable to make any recommendations. I was expecting Qatar to suggest, even make reservations, how we should plan our 9h transfer time in Doha. I have a fear, that there is not place/enough room for us to lie down or sleep and our kid will cry in misery.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

I have just recently flown return Sydney to Lahore. I had heard Qatar Airways was no 1 in the world. My experience proved otherwise. The flight crew were very curt and rude. Made me uncomfortable. The check in at the gate was a complete shambles. If I have a choice I will avoid them and choose another airline. Very disappointed in the experience.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

Booked a flight on 22 June for a family of 4 for a 15 Dec 2022 trip. Was changed multiple times by Qatar Airways. Then Qatar take it 1 step further, and removed my name from the booking (from a flight of 4 to a flight of 3). Then Qatar added a new flight (SIN - DOHA) for the flight of 3. Been ignoring me since 22 June (initially says will investigate and get back to me, now totally ignoring me). No response, no refund. just flat-out scammed me with their incompetence.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

I flew on AA air miles, business class from US to Bangalore, India on June 10, 2022 w/ 3 suitcases (extra fee $200) and returned from Bangalore India to FRA, Germany in business class, again with my 3 suitcases on Sept 12, 2022 on Qatar - AA air miles; this time I was charged at the baggage counter In RS 139,776 = $1,758.00 for 3 suitcases! I was speechless, shocked. I had to fly to family in Germany, could not postpone my flight and so far no one at Qatar has been willing to help. I was sure when I left the baggage counter in Bangalore that there must be a mistake. How is it possible that an airline with the highest rating like Qatar would impose such exorbitant and unexpected fees for 3 suitcases on a business class ticket? I trusted I would be in good hands, but was suddenly and badly disappointed. I'm a retired person with a fixed budget and am not sure how I will be able to pay my debt to the credit card company. Can anyone help?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2022

Warning before Football World Cup: Horrible experience with Qatar Airways – airline violates official entry rules at the expense of passengers. In June 2022 I wanted to fly with Qatar Airways from Perth to Berlin via Doha. Unfortunately I missed my flight QR 901 from Perth to Doha and my connecting flight because Qatar Airways did not let me on board due to a missing PCR test. According to the entry rules of the state of Qatar at this time fully vaccinated EU nationals arriving from a non-red list country (like Australia) were not required to present a PCR test upon entry. Even the travel requirements stated on Qatar Airways website in June 2022 were saying: „Fully vaccinated/recovered GCC residents and EU, UK, and Malaysian Nationals/Residents who hold any of the approved health apps reflecting their immune status: pre-travel RT-PCR test is optional.“ I had met these requirements. Qatar Airways does not deny that either.

The airline justifies the rejection with a sentence in the Qatari pre-entry registration form which says "Kindly carry a valid PCR test with validity of 48 hours while travelling. You are exempted from quarantine." Qatar Airways is not interested in the fact that this sentence contradicts the official entry rules valid in June. My reference to the entry regulations for EU nationals mentioned above was also ignored. Qatar airways did not respond to my request to clarify the situation with the Qatar ministry responsible for the entry form. In the meantime, the entry requirements have been changed by the Qatari government. This can possibly help to prevent a disaster like mine in the future. What remains is the unprofessional behavior of Qatar Airways and the violation of the official entry rules by Qatar Airways in June.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

Terrible experience with this airline, our domestic flight was late so we arrived at the check-in counter literally one minute after the time check-in gets closed, i.e 59 minutes before the flight time. They refused to check us in sighting "rules are rules even if it's one minute", I asked the higher up manager to intervene but she was even less helpful. My observation was they closed the flight way before the 1 hour window and they were just too lazy to reopen it despite having had enough time to do so. That messed up with our holiday plans and tour bookings and we ended up spending a night in Auckland and catching the next flight. I will never book with Qatar Airways again and do not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

Unbelievably horrible experience, we had to change travel plans literally the day after booking our tickets, so we called fully aware that we would likely have to pay a cancellation fee. The woman on the phone assured us that if we cancelled our tickets we could receive a full refund. When we went to cancel shortly thereafter, they would only refund us a partial amount, stealing about $800 from us that wasn't disclosed on the phone with their customer service. PLUS they still charged us a cancellation fee!

When we called back to try to resolve this issue, the customer service representative said their policy 'just changed' however, that if we were in fact told we could receive a full refund once they had a supervisor listen to the call to confirm our story. They said this would take 48 hours. Two days later we called back to figure out the status of our case, if a supervisor had listened to the call, now they said it would take 96 hours. After four days had passed we call again, they said still no one had listened to it. We asked to speak with a supervisor every single time we called, and each time we were denied being able to speak with a supervisor saying there were 'none available', EVER!

We even made sure to call when the Qatar office was open starting at 10 PM our time in the states, and still we were never allowed to speak with a supervisor. One night, they left us on hold for hours for a supervisor, only to have someone who WASN'T a supervisor answer about 3 hours later. Some nights we were told we would receive a call back from a supervisor that evening, so we stayed up until 3.00 - 4.00 AM sometimes waiting for their call, only to have a non supervisor call us back.

This resulted in many nights, trying to get a hold of SOMEONE, ANYONE, who actually knew what they were talking about and could actually help resolve this issue. Nothing. We called almost every night for over a week trying to resolve this issue, only to get the run around from their incompetent customer service representatives each time.

It became very apparent that they truly did just want to steal our money, and don't care at all about their customers. They were fully aware of the long nights and late hours they were keeping us up every night we called because we always made mention of it in attempts to get through to someone quickly to resolve this. Each time with no sympathy for what we were going through.

This airline is full of fraudsters, and their customer service is run by incredibly incompetent people who don't know what they're talking about, and who truly have no ability to help you should something go wrong. The airline would rather steal your money than keep a customer. Please stay away from this airline. They are scammers, They will take your money given the chance. And they will put you through hell with no remorse if you ever have an issue with them. I would never wish this experience upon anyone, and I hope no one has to go through what we went through, only to in the end still have their money stolen after going through hellish weeks of sleep deprivation.

Qatar Airways Company Information