Qatar Airways

Compare Airlines

Research top Airlines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was traveling from Chennai to LAX on March 25. My check-in bag was around 25KG, it exceeds 23kg allowed, but way the ground staff was interacted with me was so horrible. There was a guy named Mr. **, way he handled the situation was horrible. Even cabin baggage was also wanted show exact 10kg, after three or four trip back and forth removing lots of stuff, finally allowed. After done everything, there was a lady told me that I could check-in freely my hand luggage. Honestly I appreciate that but I could appreciate good enough because of the previous treatment. Please ground staff, don't think that you can treat like a ** when people flying in economy class. I would not fly Qatar again. It was a horrible experience.

I am writing this review because of what my brother experienced with Qatar airline in Houston March 31st 2017. Today is April 1st 2017, and I am writing this review with great pain because of the way he was treated. He was supposed to board this plane at 6:30pm CST on 3/31/2017 as his first connecting flight before he experiences 16 hrs layover time at each country he gets (A total of 32 hrs to get to Nigeria). At first I was upset telling him "How in the world would you spend 3 days to get to Nigeria when other airlines will get you to Lagos Nigeria from the USA in less than 24 hrs," his reply was "It is a 5 star airline".

After checking in at the Qatar check in station and paying $315.00 for extra luggage he was offloaded from the airplane by the supervisor on duty with his chief complaint of "You're not allowed to carry two carry-ons on this airplane." Everybody pleaded and begged him, even his own employees begged him, letting the so called supervisor know that my brother already paid more than enough for extra luggage and they can actually checked one of the carry-ons in if it's going to be an issue, but he bluntly refused saying it's either he pays another $250.00 in cash or he gets off the plane. Before my brother knew what was going on, the Supervisor on duty for that night escorted him off the plane and offloaded him. I had to drive for another hour fifteen minutes to go pick him back from the airport when I received a phone call from him saying he was offloaded.

To cut the long story short, they did not cancel his ticket like they promised and the money he paid for extra luggage is still hanging. This is the worst airline ever, majority of the customer service representatives are very nice, however some of them are just pure nonentities. This is a racist airline, and I wish there is a top notch for this airline I can contact directly. I felt that my brother was offloaded from this airline because of his skin color. There are other people with bigger carry-ons and some with even three carry-ons and the supervisor had no issue with them, but went straight to my brother after boarding the flight using the word "You in black, follow me. I think you sneaked into the plane". Are you for real? It is a very sad story. My brother is stuck here in the USA now, but this is a warning to everybody "Please do not fly Qatar Arline". It is a disgrace of an airline. If there is any other rating less than 1 maybe -10, I will gladly give this airline.

It was the most horrifying trip of my life: Journey started from Chicago to Doha and then to Islamabad, the aircraft was ok but fully loaded and no room to keep my hand bag. I was told that it will be offloaded because of no space in the cabin, I had my laptop, my medicine for the day and I just could not give it away. I had to take out my most important things in a bag and gave away my back pack. Islamabad weather was bad so the pilot decided to go to Lahore and wait there for a few an hour until the weather gets cleared, once we reached Lahore, the airline decided for passengers to disembark in Lahore and proceed to Islamabad by bus.

It is a road journey of not less than 8 hours and that also on Pakistan roads which does not have any services or rest areas, the motor way was also closed because of the weather and the journey had to be taken via secondary roads, all these the ground crew did not mentioned. In short, they said good bye at Lahore and all the passengers were really very upset especially few ladies who were alone. I had to help one lady all the way to Islamabad as she was very nervous traveling alone by road. I had a very bad experience as the road journey without food or water was really very tiresome. (8 hours).

The ground crew promised me to give me a flight to Islamabad but they vanished at the airport. No food no water no hotel no equivalent transport, only promises. Please note that the real test of any airline is under such extraordinary circumstances which makes an airline, it is not the aircraft or the inflight service, which is almost similar in all airlines of the world. I have rated them without any starts.

My luggage arrived 11 hrs after I did, thanks to my hotel who I informed and they worked their butts off at the airport to find and deliver my luggage. Nobody at the airport gave a damn and there were not any Qatar staff working there. I had to wear same clothes from the day before and go to my meeting scruffy due to luggage not arriving on time.

I got back to London and on 16th sent them a complaint, their response was "Someone at Abu Dhabi airport will contact you". By 21st Feb I didnt hear anything so emailed them again, they said the same thing again. After this they did not bother replying and its been 3-4 weeks now. I've been trying to get their Twitter team to do something about it for 11 days and the same reply is always "we have asked someone at Customer Care to get back to you, rest assured". Well rest assured my ass, nobody at customer care has bothered to get back to me. Don't charge premium money for flights if you can't be bothered to reply to emails.

I am absolutely disgusted with the way I have been treated by Qatar Airways and the shallow, heartless and incompetent manner with which my claim for compensation was handled and consequently denied. My flight to Manchester Airport (UK) was scheduled to arrive at 11:50, but as we were unable to land immediately, we circled around for 45 mins before being diverted to Glasgow. Initially, we were to fly back to Manchester at the next break in the weather, but spent the next two hours in taxi at Glasgow before being escorted into the airport.

By arriving at Glasgow just before 3pm, there was still 8 hours or so by which I may still have been able to use the last public transport service to get home. As it was, I was constantly fobbed off with lies, insulting excuses and misinformation as to why no action was being taken and why the stranded passengers were delayed for over 5 hours before being transported by coaches, which ultimately resulted in our arrival at Terminal 2, Manchester Airport long after all possible public transport services had stopped running. I was guaranteed, at least verbally, that the costs to get me home would be paid from Terminal 2, only I found the staff there to be of no further assistance when the coaches arrived, which was at nearly 1am.

At that point, a taxi home would have cost £40. In my consideration for Qatar Airways and my desire to not rack up such a fee for Qatar Airways, I travelled on a bus for £4 to Manchester city centre and then paid a taxi to get me home for £13.60. It is completely unacceptable, given the nature of the delay, that I will not be receiving any compensation for my travels, knowing fully well when I booked the ticket in order to arrive by noon, that even a huge delay of 10 hours would still enable me to use the public transport and only pay £3.

Other passengers were allowed to stay in a hotel. I could easily have accepted that arrangement knowing it would ultimately cost Qatar Airways even more money and I would have arrived at Terminal 2 well before 7pm the next day, therefore avoiding taxi fees and having spent the night in comfort and warmth and having been well fed and rested. As it was, I was stood up for 5 hours, shivering in a cold airport, having become used to tropical weather for the past four weeks. While the clothes I was wearing would normally be sufficient for winter wear, on this occasion due to my tired and weakened state, they weren't able to provide enough warmth, and all that time stood up in cold discomfort caused severe pain to my hamstrings and gluteus maximus due to having spent most of the past two days being cramped up whilst travelling.

It was not my idea to be stood waiting for 5 hours: I was reassured that the coaches were waiting outside. Then I was told only one coach had turned up so far. Then I was told that the coaches were yet to arrive. Then I was told that passengers in no rush to get home were being offered to stay overnight in a hotel. Then I was told that as only one coach had arrived, it was necessary to prioritise the available space for families with small children first.

Finally, I was assured that the rest of the journey from Manchester Airport Terminal 2 would be covered by taxi, and some of us even arranged ourselves into localised groups to help keep the cost down. Unfortunately for me, the group I was with changed their plans on arrival at Terminal 2, insisting on catching a taxi individually due to there being no further help from the staff once we had arrived at the airport, and so I wasn't willing to pay half the fee for a £40 taxi home with one other passenger. I was accommodating and changed my seat so a family could all be together, and this was not at great convenience to me.

I was considerate to the fees involved in transporting the stranded passengers home and despite demonstrating such reasonable behaviour, I haven't even been offered the compensation to cover the taxi fare home. Once again, I can only express utter disgust for the way I've been treated. At least the rivals of Qatar Airways will have benefited from the fact that I do not intend to use this appallingly inhumane service again considering the vile treatment I have been subjected to.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Qatar Airways?

On November 25th 2016 I logged on to Expedia and I booked a trip for my wife and mother-in-law to go to Thailand and Laos. My mother-in-law was born there and has not made a visit back in 11 years. For my wife (though we are VERY active travelers) it was going to be her first time she made the trip to that part of the world and had the opportunity to meet her grandmother and extended family still in Asia and spread her long deceased fathers' ashes in his homeland. Every day I would come in from the office and she would have a new street food she wanted to try or a temple to see, some incredible beach or a long-lost cousin who was reaching out on Facebook in anticipation of her arrival. Needless to say the trip was a big deal.

They were to leave our hometown of Montreal on Saturday January 7th 2017 at 3:50PM and were scheduled for a 4 hour layover in Boston and an 8 hour layover in Doha before arriving in Bangkok to spend the night then catching the morning flight to Laos. We paid 150-200 extra per ticket specifically so my wife could fly Qatar Airways since it was supposed to be a 5 star experience.

The night before they were to leave we received an email from Air Canada stating that her flight from Montreal to Boston had been cancelled. We called the customer service number in the email and the gentlemen on the line said he had set her up to get to Boston through Toronto. At 11AM on Saturday January 7th 2017 Montreal time I kissed my wife before she left for the airport. I am writing this letter at 2:30AM Wednesday January 11th 2017 Montreal time and my wife has just landed in Thailand.

When she left our house in downtown Montreal she arrived to the airport and walked up to the Air Canada desk. They did not have her or her mother in the system to get on any flight. She explained the situation to the person working the desk and they were able to get them on a flight to Toronto departing at 1PM. When they arrived in Toronto she was not in the system for a flight to Boston. Expedia and Air Canada both did not have a solution for that day. They were stuck in Toronto for the night. We paid for meals for two, a hotel room and transportation to and from the airport. Nobody offered a hotel voucher or meal voucher and they denied her when she asked.

The next morning they arrived at the airport for 6:30AM and waited and waited and talked and pleaded. Finally, she was told by Air Canada they were able to get her to Bangkok by flying her to Beijing. The time came she wasn't in the system despite being given a reference number. We were told Qatar Airways would not release the funds so she couldn't get on the plane. Eventually they were given a paper saying confirmed booking and sent to Boston that afternoon to catch the same 8:40PM flight with Qatar Airways they were supposed to be on the day before.

When they arrived in Boston they were in the system but the tickets had been cancelled and it was the only flight of the day and the flight was sold out. They were stuck in Boston for the night. So once again we paid for a hotel room and transportation to and from the airport. Nobody offered a hotel voucher or meal voucher. They didn't eat that night, the hotel did not have room service and the surrounding area was too sketchy to go outside.

The next day they came to the airport bright and early and once again tried to get to their destination any way they could, we called Expedia, attempted to get through to Qatar Airways but did not get anyone on the line. We were eventually told they were confirmed for the 8:40PM flight on Qatar Airways from Boston to Doha. She tries throughout the day to check in but is unable. We speak to customer service at Expedia and they say it is now out of their hands the airline has taken over the file.

When the time comes for everyone to go to the gate my wife walks up and asks about she and her mothers situation and guess what? They tell her she is not in the system. My wife is now in tears on the counter ashamed to explain the situation again to her mother who is being dragged around on the few yearly vacation days she has. They finally bring her over a supervisor. Magically seats become available. They get their boarding passes and then get told the flight is delayed and another plane boards ahead of them. They wait around an hour before they finally board.

They arrive in Doha and have a long layover. When they finally board the plane is once again delayed before departure. In the desert. At this point I call back Expedia to change the tickets for the portion of the trip going from Bangkok to Laos as they clearly have now missed their flight by days. As I found out the previous times I called Expedia to change the tickets when they were initially stuck. Expedia.ca customer service will tell you they have no way of helping you regarding anything involving Expedia.th and Expedia.th doesn't answer the phone or email. Luckily the first time we were able get through via Expedia Taiwan. How much does a call to Taiwan cost? Unfortunately I'm going to be finding out when the bill comes in. This time around fortunately we were able to get the new tickets through an agent at Expedia.ca corporate office. The only problem is now the tickets were 140.00$ more.

This entire situation is unacceptable and ridiculous. There was no Air Canada ticket counter in Boston and no Qatar Airways ticket counter in Toronto. They had to take every employees word for it. Even with something that looked like a booking reference number which didn't exist in your system when it came time to get on a plane.

I own one of the busiest bars in Montreal for the past 7 years. As a very high volume business myself we try to do our best to leave all of our customers happy and it doesn't always work out as much as we would like it to. As a high volume business in this case you failed my wife, her mother and honestly your customer service team leave a lot to be desired. It's not acceptable. We paid extra to book with Qatar airlines because it's supposed to be a 5 star experience but when I spoke to your customer service representative they told me they cannot help.

I want a refund of every dollar I spent on the trip itself and for all the extra expenses incurred surrounding this disaster of a situation. This all could have been avoided by simply releasing the funds so they could have gotten on the flight through Beijing days ago. You cannot sell a seat you do not actually have. It shows a severe lack of respect for your customer and it shows greed from a government owned company. Shame on you.

On the day that I was flying out I arrived at the airport at the time. The ticket counter asked me to pay 65$ for overweight (32 kg) package which the weight for my another package was (17kg). I paid the money and ticket counter asked me if I have a backpack. I said yes. She handled the boarding pass to me wishing me a nice trip. Everything was normal till I passed the TSA and arrived at my gate. One of the crew said "you backpack exceeded the allowance weight so take some stuff out or pay 250$" (25% of the ticket price that's unbelievable right?). I spoke with a supervisor, but he was worse. He said to me "leave the whole backpack or pay". When I tried to explain to him there nobody here that I can give him the stuff he replied "We not going to lose 250$" and I opened my backpack and I told the supervisor I can give or throw some of the candies but he said "even if you did you have to pay or leave everything."

Qatar airways crew was Rough, unprofessional and inhumanity. I can't forget the pregnant lady with the problem like mine. She laid on the ground pleading the manager to let her catch the flight. He was saying too late and ordered the supervisor to close the gate in the front of us. Can anyone imagine that. Then the manager order one, get us our baggage and he promised to rebook for the next flight. After we took our luggage from the arrival we met him and he said to us "you got your ticket through the agency, solve your problem with them. We have nothing do for you."

Finally, I sent my story to the complaints departments. They replied "there was difference 3kg in your and you refused to pay or to take some stuff out". Which is totally wrong. Even though IF they said in the email was true, there no sense to pay 250$ for the 3kg difference or to miss your flight and to lose over 1000$ tickets.

During my check in Luxor Airport, the Qatar airways officer his name Mr. Shereif ** stop me from travel to Korea as a tourist for 28 months without any security reasons or any other clear reasons. I reserved roundtrip ticket. Also, I booked a hotel in Korea for 28 days. As Egyptian, I do not need a visa for travel Korea within 30 days. My older brother has the plan to wait me in Incheon airport -Seoul and he already reserved KTX train ticket from Ulsan city to Incheon airport. My brother works as assistant Professor in Ulsan University and he sent me photocopies from invitation letter and his passport and residence ID card. The Qatar airways officer Mr. Sherif ** reject all of those submitted documents and he told me, "by your face, I do not agree to allow you for travel to Korea."

Please, let me know, Qatar airways decide people for travel according to their faces. Please, I already went to the police office in Luxor and I complain against Mr. Shereif only now. I lost my money, my chance for visiting my brother, and my hotel reservation and my visiting chance to Korea. Please, let me know, the procedures I should start to take against the officer and Qatar airways company?

Lost my laptop. I flew from Doha to Dallas on January 19, this is my first and last travel with Qatar. They dropped my laptop with my luggage and it's more than a week now and still didn't get my laptop. Never ever fly with Qatar Airways anymore.

I traveled from Houston to Dubai via Doha, which is a long flight. The Qatar Airways has 777 aircraft and the seating arrangement is 3x3. The biggest problem is that you cannot lift the seat armrest, and the seats are very narrow and the space in between your seat and front seat is very little, and not enough to move, so you have to sit tight throughout the flight. The biggest and worst problem is that it is very difficult to go to aisle. The armrest on aisle seat cannot be lifted and it is very hard to stand and move to aisle. Hopefully I shall never travel on this airline again, as these aircrafts are totally unsuitable for such a long haul flights.

We had a horrible experience with Qatar Airways and I believe your business practices involve false advertising and scamming, and I intend to not only take legal action (hopefully a class action lawsuit so that other victims of this scam also get compensated), but also make sure there will no longer be a partnership between Qatar Airways and Expedia or Priceline. False advertising is illegal in the United States, and it's a bad business practice.

I looked up the conditions of flights and layovers on Qatar Airways website before confirming the purchase of the flight through Expedia. I called Qatar Airways about a week later to confirm the hotel booking, and I was told to that we do not qualify for the free transfer stay at the hotel because there was an earlier connection available. However, this is incorrect because there is no earlier connection available from when we got here. We found that out at the transfer desk when we had stood in the long line and in good faith expected them to correct that mistake. However, we were told that they are not capable of fixing the mistake, and we were told that we can do it at the hotel desk. At the hotel desk we were told that they were not capable of fixing that and we could just pay $350 for the room, or pay $120 for the transfer visas and another $200 or so for some random hotel in the city, and that the hotel desk never issues hotel vouchers.

We were sent to a third customer service desk. From there we were being sent back to another transfer desk, and because we were tired of being pushed around with all our luggage, we asked the Ms ** from the customer service desk to call the transfer desk to confirm the name of the supervisor we were going to be talking with. However, the supervisor REFUSED TO GIVE US HIS NAME (We later found out that the supervisor who refused to give us his name is Mr **). We went back through the security with all our bags and had to explain the whole story not once but twice to different people when we were just asking to talk to the supervisor.

The last person we talked to gave us a different excuse for why they were avoiding honoring their responsibility to provide us with transfer accommodation - he said we received a special fare for the ticket. However, on Expedia website there was NO indication that this was a special fare, so there was literally no way for us to find out that we either had to pay $350 out of pocket for the hotel, or else be stuck for 20 hours in the airport like homeless people. This is completely unacceptable and a shame to Qatar Airways. We have NEVER come across this issue during long layovers, not with Emirates, not with Turkish Airlines, not with any other company, and we travel a lot.

We were eventually sent to a hotel which we had to pay for, but Qatar Airlines said that the breakfast was included. Not so - they were trying to charge us $20 for a bagel we grabbed on our way out after not receiving a wake up call that we had set up with the hotel. The back and forth with the customer service was a completely useless waste of time as well. Talking to these people and being sent from one counter to the next took literally HOURS, we were exhausted and the people were rude. Our friends flying Emirates encountered none of these problems, their hotel was included as well as all the meals, and they had a blast. I really hope Priceline and Expedia will stop working with those scam artists.

I flew to India and return. Our baggage got lost after we checked it in Mumbai airport. It has been gone a week now with no feedback. We have called several times to the baggage department in Capetown, who tells us every day the same story that they will call us back because a flight has just landed but they never do. Then you contact Qatar airways. They don't answer your calls. Our luggage is important to us but Qatar airways does not understand. We used their airline but they need to take care of the customers and losing our baggage after checkin should be solved and they should make priority to inform the client what is happening. I'm totally disgusted, and need to get my luggage back.

There were a number of problems with my first (also the last) flight with Qatar Airways on June 1, 2016. I purchased the tickets online on a debut flight from Atlanta to Doha to Tehran. There were a number of problems with that flight which I am itemizing for the sake of being succinct and efficient: More than three hours delay in departure time from Atlanta to Doha. In-flight food was ordinary.

Due to late arrival at Doha, we had to go through a long line for border customs to exit the airport in order to check in to our hotel. The customs officer called a passenger from the end of the line to the front to process his entry permit. Upon my protest for unfair treatment of passengers waiting for their turns, I was summoned by the head border officer who told me that I had shouted at the officer. He indicated that it was against the law and I was denied exiting the airport which meant that I had to stay in the transit area overnight.

On my return flight from Doha to Atlanta, I was told that I could not take my carry-on to the cabin due to limited space. I agreed, however, I monitored other passengers' carry-on allowance from the waiting area. To my surprise, there was not a similar restriction for the carry-ons of other passengers in my flight. When I protested the procedure, they agreed that I could take my carry-on with me!

I flew Qatar airways a month ago. I was confirmed kosher meal by email, then when I got the gate to check-in I asked the crew if I was confirmed kosher meal and if they can call into the airplane to confirm. They said it's confirmed kosher meal as well as it stated on my boarding pass. Fast forward to dinner I asked for my kosher meal, but the crew member named Rohini told me they will check. They returned and told me there is no kosher meals on board and that they apologise. Keeping kosher doesn't give me any other alternatives to eat something else but whole fruits. Twenty minutes later the same crew member Rohini tells me that they found my kosher meal and they gave it to me. But something didn't seem right. The meal was open and kosher meals are double wrapped. So I asked about it and they told me it's kosher and they broke the seal but it's kosher.

To be honest it did look kosher a little since the hot meal seemed wrapped like a kosher meal but when I looked further I saw they mixed two different non-kosher meals and told me it was kosher. When I called the manager of the economy class named Imana she told me that in fact the food wasn't kosher but this she told me after I pressed her. She asked me what can she do to compensate me. But when I asked for anything or even a company form they told me they don't submit such things and I need to file a complaint online. They also told me that this is serious case and they told me to wait after all the passenger side left so they can see what to do to compensate me. And so I waited after everyone left. And someone named Pay took me from one manager to the next. All told me they can't do anything.

Even the manager of Qatar said they can't do anything (no money or business upgrades. At first Jaboc told me he will do what he can to put me on business class then he told me he can't though he is the supervisor of all the aircraft. He is a duty Manager. When I returned I wanted to speak to someone from Qatar but they told me they have no phone line and only request form. I filled it to no reply. Only after PM on Facebook did they finally reply by email. Stating that they didn't have kosher food. (That was a 14 hour stop and 4 hour stopover. I went over 18 hours with no food!!) And that I requested that nonkosher chicken casserole which that is a lie since it is forbidden for me to eat nonkosher. It is similar as to Muslim that eats halal and gets served pork instead and they tell him it's halal. I was lied and discriminated. I asked them more questions and see if they can compensate but no response.

I know I am writing this review bit late, but wanted to at least do it so that other people can be aware. I took a flight on 26 Feb 2016 with my 2 and half year old kids on a flight from DFW. I ignored some small incidents but could not ignore following: They simply denied any meal for my kid - after everybody was served their meal, I asked attendant about my kids meal and she simply said that my kid don't have any meal.

When asked why, she brought a list, went through it and said "your kid is not entitled for any meal." I was so shocked and puzzled. I was thinking - my kid will go without food for 14-15 hours!! I had to argue with her saying that I paid full child price for my kid, show her our boarding pass to prove that my kid should get meal like everybody else in this flight. After some delay, they gave her food. But I was still feeling so bad that everybody around is looking/listening at me, when cabin crew is saying my kid don't get any meal and I am asking them for one.

After 3 hours delay in Doha for our onward flight there was another incident that disappoints me. I saw kids sitting around us were given kids activity kit but not my kid. I had to ask. Attendant said she will see but nothing till end of the flight. I had to write to their customer service once I came back. Here is the chain of event with them for everybody to judge. This is the worst part.

Complained through their website on 21st of March 2016 and got an automated response with a case number. On 31st of Mar, I wrote them again saying that their website says I should get a response within 5 business days but even after 10 days I don't have any response. On 1st April I got an email from customer care coordinator Joanna ** saying that they are still working on my case will response soon.

On 11th Apr same coordinator replied. Her response made me angry. I was thinking - really this is what your response is!! Do you not understand what my comments were!! Here is her reply in brief: That their cabin crew do not have any record of what I complained, that there were no request for CHILD meal, no comment about kids activity kit that other kids got.

I replied her back immediately saying: "I am not talking about child meal. I know child meal was not requested." They just refused A MEAL for my kid. "You also fail to response about the activities that was given to other kids but not to my kid." When you say - "our staffs were not aware of the issue you described in your email," does it mean this matter never happened and I am just making up something to waste time?

Anybody can understand why should cabin crew record such an incident that is not supposed to happen? On 6th of May she replied my email saying that they apologize for the inconvenience. She also said they hope we will fly with them again. Really? You screwed up with me and my kid and hope that I will let you do that again!! I am not going to give you that chance when I have options. This airline claim to be a five star airline and that's what they advertise. I will give them negative 5 if I can. FYI, I just booked my next trip for March 2017 with my whole family. I paid about $50.00 higher per ticket with another airline.

When we got in touch with Doha airport security as well Qatar airways security. They promptly acted and restored our baggage presumed to be lost in Doha-Houston flt QR713 on 10th Dec'16. Everything intact and we are very happy at the end.

On November 21st my Ahmad ** flew from Melbourne airport to Doha via Qatar airways and during his flight to reach Beirut Lebanon, customs removed a so called dangerous item from his baggage. It's an ice maker that costs $200 and I have called multiple number multiple times and they argue with me and say they don't understand. I'm ** disgusted with their service and will NEVER fly Qatar airways again. NO ONE replied to my 100 emails and they're all useless dogs that steal people's things and never return them. ** YOU QATAR AIRWAYS.

After several attempts to contact Qatar Airways in order to resolve issue of my destroyed luggage, I was brushed off and treated as if I was asking for charity. This is not a one-time thing, I have had to replace 3 luggage within 2 years of flying Qatar Airways due to the mistreatment of the luggage. I decided to post this review hoping someone from Qatar Airways have a better over watch on their baggage processing and when luggage is damaged, to honor their ticket agreement with their customers. The luggage in the pictures were brand new. I have flown with other airlines and never had such an issue. Every flight I had with Qatar Airways, my luggage gets badly damaged and they don't even care. As soon as I use up my miles, I will never fly again with them.

I traveled in Qatar Airways to India and returned back USA on August 27th. One of the checked in luggage got damaged. Luggage was cut and missing some items in the bag. Complained to Qatar Airways right away at the airport. Submitted written complaint and also pictures were taken, no one responded after that. Emails submitted to authority. No response until now.

There was an incident where my parents had to suffer through another airlines. I have contacted Qatar Airways executives thinking it was the other airlines. I just wanted to Thanks Qatar Airways that they responded it especially executive e-mail me within a day even though issue was not with their Airlines and willing to sort it out. If you have executives like this the company will go far up. I hope they keep this kind of services and just wanted to give them positive reviews because their executives deserves it.

On the 15 October 2015 on my way back to Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. I have arrived at OR Tambo Airport at 13:12 to the check-in counter but I was told that I am late. The check-in time is closed 2 minutes ago (13:10) by the controller Mr. **. I had to buy a new ticket. During boarding one of the staff told me that is very sorry about what happened to me. They accommodated their own people (Family Members) on my space. All I want from the Qatar Airline to tell me if it's fair.

While I was paying a standby reservation I am entering my credit card information but meanwhile I was checking on the other page if there is any discount on any flight, and without entering any credit card information for the second one (the flight) the application of Qatar Airways is putting a blockage on my credit card for the second one that I look.

And then the Qatar Airways has emailed to me that "There is some disorder (complexity). Please correct your first reservation in 24 hours." And I said well fine. After all they send me a new priced flight ticket but which is not from the price that I already booked which is the one I was looking from the other one's price. Even the price does not shown up on Qatar Airways booking page and nobody knows that why my money has been blocked.

I am trying to call Customer Relations and Credit Card Payment Center but nobody is trying to find out my problem. I got tired of this situation. I only wanted to buy a ticket from 550 US dollar but they charge me with somehow blockage, only was checking some other flight for 100 dollar more. Please be careful while making any reservation with Qatar Airways. You can not even understand somehow they charged you from any reservation and can put blockage the reservation you made. Now I am trying to reach Customer Relations and try them to look my situation. I have all the receipts and timelines for reservation and I am telling someone from Qatar Airways, "Please find a resolution for my situation and pay back my money which is blocked unfairly from you."

I would like to share the worst airline experience with Qatar Airways. The story goes like that on 6 Sept. 2016 at Dubai International Airport. When I reached Qatar Airways Counter along with my wife and old mother for travel to Jeddah Saudi Arabia, for the purpose of Hajj. The person on duty printed my boarding passes and tagged my luggage then all of a sudden, I was approached by Qatar Airways Rep, who informed me that the last day to travel for Hajj was 5th Sept. and that I could therefore no longer proceed to Jeddah for my Hajj. This came a bombshell on me that you prepared for this journey for months and all of sudden someone tells you that you just cannot GO.

This information was a shock and I immediately told the gentleman that "how can you just deny me the boarding despite the fact that I have the confirmation email from Qatar Airways and even I called the customer service on 5th Sept. and they also confirmed me the same." On this the Qatar Airways rep said that "I just cannot help you." I requested him that "can you help me in any manner," he simply refused to provide any kind of support. At that time I went into a big mental trauma that How can this happen.

I bought the ticket in May after getting repeated confirmations that there is no restriction for travel on Hajj visa on this flight. I even called Qatar Airways on 5th Sept. 2016, the day before I was meant to travel, to check the flight status and informed the agent that I am a Hajj passenger. I was once again reassured that there is no issue, the flight was on time and I may travel on Hajj Visa to Jeddah for Hajj. My claim was later acknowledged by Fatima **, Supervisor customer services, who called from Bahrain and confirmed my stance after listening to the call recording.

Suffice to say, this was the biggest shock of my life. Going for Hajj is a very important event in a Muslim's life and much planning goes into going for this momentous journey. To be simply told that I cannot proceed for Hajj, not due to any fault of mine but due to some miscommunication by Qatar Airways was a major breaking point. At no point was any support offered to me by Qatar Airways staff and their inhuman and insensitive behavior was a total lack of professionalism. When I asked them to provide me with denied boarding stamp as advised to me by Dnata staff members, I was further thwarted. Only when I told them that I shall call the police was I given a print out of PNR stating denied boarding but without stamp.

Following this abandonment from the Qatar Airways staff, I rushed to Dnata office for help and was served by a God-fearing person, who after hearing that I was a Hajj Passenger went out of his way to help us and got us some seats on Saudi Airlines (Double the Cost). At that time I had no option but to reach Jeddah at all costs. I lodged the proper complaint through the Qatar Airways Portal, and after 7 days I got the reply that "We regret whatever happened, and we are pleased to REFUND you the ticket." My question is whatever inconvenience in terms of mental trauma, and financial loss was due to the PURE Negligence by Qatar Airways, why a customer should suffer? Is this the favor they are doing by REFUNDING the ticket after denying the boarding due to their OWN FAULT?

I had high expectations for Qatar Airways, thus why I flew with this airlines to Eritrea. However, flying with them has been the worst experience ever for several reasons. Firstly, on my return journey to Munich I checked in person in the Qatar Airways office in Asmara 2 days before my flight. Once I checked in I was informed by the Qatar Airways staff that my flight was departing on time, little did I know that they were lying. Later that night, a couple of my friends, who were scheduled to fly with Qatar Airways too, their flight was delayed by 9 hours. So they were stuck in the airport for a minimum of 12 hours. They missed their connecting flights, missing commitments in their home country. Therefore, I went back into the office the following day to query about my flight, since my flight was scheduled to fly the following morning.

I asked a senior staff member if the flight was delayed, and they said yes it will be delayed due to bad weather. However, on this day and over the last number of days. The skies were clear. After discussing the issue for at least 1-2 h, Mr. Ahmed **, the Qatar Airways Commercial Manager for the Asmara Qatar-airways office, informed me that Qatar Airways has been rescheduled all its flights by 9 hours for the last 2 weeks. How is this possible?! Firstly they didn't disclose this information to those of us flying with Qatar airlines and were deceivingly asking us to arrive at the airport at 2am to wait within the airport premises for 10+ hours and secondly I was going to miss my connecting flight to Munich, and my connecting flight from Munich to London, which I booked through a separate airline. Despite that flight time change, I had to be in London on time so that I can make it to work on time.

So I asked Mr. **, if I can get a direct flight to London instead of Munich and his response was "yes but we will have to charge you for this change." I was asked to pay circa $400 to change my flight for a delay that was clearly their fault. I couldn't afford it so I had no choice but to reach London a day late, spending 2 days of my annual leave flying with Qatar Airways, excluding the 4 hours I spent in their office. It took me a while to recover from this journey. Secondly, on my return journey to Munich they damaged both my checked in suitcases to the point that it became unusable.

I reported it to the lady personnel of Qatar airways. She filled in a case at Munich airport, and they said they were going to pick up my damaged suitcase from my home address. She noted every needed information down including name, address, damages, age of luggage, e-mail address and phone number. She informed me that Qatar Airways works with a third party company named dolfi1920 - baggage service. She also informed me to call after three days to organise a date. A collection date. When I called back a week later to organise this collection date. I was told that I have never opened a case. The lady did not provide me with a reference number and they couldn't find any case with my name, address or any other detail. The company informed me that I have to contact Qatar airways directly to open another case.

After this nightmare, I had absolutely no energy to call them to go through a lot of hassle again to prove that the suitcases were damaged by Qatar Airways. Furthermore, it is strange how this occurs only in Asmara. I have never faced this sort of problem anywhere else in the world. Can you imagine this situation occurring in Heathrow London? No I don't think so. Then is it fair to say that Qatar Airways is degrading its services to Eritreans, just because it is an African country. Qatar Airways is a disgrace. Shame on you Qatar airways. I would not recommend ANYONE to fly with Qatar Airways!

Upon recommendations from various quarters/friends and relatives about the excellent service commitments of your worthy airline, myself and my wife undertook our first journey aboard your flights QR 621/economy and QR3/economy on 3rd September 2016 LAHORE to London via Doha and regret to bring to your personal attention the horrific experience of this journey which we faced in our entire flying experience.

We had placed our hand luggage consisting of my briefcase and my wife's handbag in the overhead compartment on boarding our both flights. My briefcase and my wife's handbag contained Gbp 4000.00 each in Gbp 50 notes. Upon reaching our final destination (London) and upon getting to our apartment, we were astonished to discover that the entire £ 4000.00 from my briefcase were gone and 56 single usd bills were stuffed into the same envelope. Likewise £1900.00 were gone from my wife's handbag. None of the other contents were removed from the bags, only cash has been taken away. We can assure you that we never let our hand luggage/briefcase/handbag out of sight at time during the entire journey until we got home in London.

We strongly suspect that this theft has been committed very professionally by one or more of the cabin staff on board either of the flights. We still hold the envelopes and the 56 usd bills if you need the same to carry out your investigations. We sincerely hope and expect that you investigate this matter thoroughly and reimburse us our loss and also help retain our newly found respect and love for your esteemed airline. Looking forward to hear from you soon.

During flight from Doha to New York, while filling up my US Custom form, I made a mistake, so I thought better to get and fill a new form instead of overwriting. After my 5/6 failed attempts to get attention of any cabin crew by pressing call bell, I finally stopped a passing air-hostess and requested her for a new custom form. On my second reminder 15 minutes later, she turned up after almost 30 minutes with a funny but unbelievable excuse, "Sir we do not have any spare form in our plane, you better to get it at the airport". Obviously she was bluffing so I again asked her to search for some spare form or I would better talk to her supervisor. Then she moved away seemingly in a very angry mood. Then perhaps after half an hour later, she came on my seat with 5/6 forms in her hand. She threw these forms in my lap very angrily and walked away, without offering any excuse on what she had said earlier.

An American lady passenger sitting next to my seat got some minor bruise on her forearm. On her call, an air-hostess attended her very promptly. The lady asked for some particular ointment which was not available in the plane. From this point onward a parade of cabin crew started, member after member coming to her seat, consoling with the lady, offering all sort of excuses for not having her demanded medicine. (It was a good gesture that the lady was getting proper attention, but this should have been applicable to all other passengers.) I wished someone would have responded the same way on my call.

On my return flight from JFK Airport, the passenger (** man) sitting in my front seat reclined his seat fully, so much so that and I could not take my meal easily when it was served. Firstly, I requested the passenger to straighten up his seat which he did not. Then I requested the air-hostess but the passenger pretended to be sleeping. The air-hostess repeatedly said to me that she would not disturb the passenger, instead I should compromise which finally I had to do.

The same story was repeated during second meal serving. This time again the serving air-hostess showed her helplessness to ask the passenger to straighten up his seat. Yet another air-hostess, seemingly more loyal than the king type, jumped in and instead of resolving my problem, started blaming me for reclining my seat as well. But she had no answer when I told her that the passenger sitting behind me never had any complaint against my slightly reclined seat. Obviously, the air-hostesses never took into account my inconvenience, but they were taking care of the comfort of the chosen one.

Above incidences clearly indicate that Qatar Airways is a racist airline which treats its passengers on the basis of their race and region. Middle East, European and American passengers are on the top priority list of special treatment, while others in general, and those belonging to sub continent in particular, are subjected to worst kind of discrimination. I would not say that the cabin crew is incompetent, untrained and non-professional. The reality is, and I am pretty much sure that its cabin crew is trained to toe this racial policy in spirit and letter in the flights.

During my 35+ years flying with local, other Middle East, and European Airlines, I have never experienced such a discriminatory behaviour. Based on my this worst experience, I would advise the would-be passengers belonging to subcontinent, to think twice before traveling in this airline. Spending a few dollars more on some decent airline are worth, where they would be treated at par with other fellow passengers, instead of becoming victim of discrimination.

I purchased a ticket via Qatar Airways website, the booking info said the ticket was refundable. After I purchased ticket it then had a link saying that the ticket was not refundable. I called an Qatar Air agent, asked if the ticket was refundable and was told that yes the ticket was refundable and then when I tried to refund ticket I was told it was not.

I recently purchased a flight to New York from Dubai with Qatar airways. The flight had a stopover in Doha however on my 'manage a booking' page and every other piece of correspondence received, it was treated as one flight. This is standard when booking flights with a stopover. They will show up as one booking not two separate bookings.

I received an email with an offer to upgrade my trip which I took. Once I had made payment I tried to select my seats to find that only the flight between Dubai and Doha had been upgraded. I realised that I had been mistaken and that the upgrade was not what I expected and I did not want it for just the first part of the journey. It did not offer good value at all. I called Qatar airlines and explained the situation in which I was told a request for a refund would be made and I would receive a call the next day to confirm. I received no call the next day, or the day after and called my self on a couple of occasions. On the third day I received a call saying they had denied my refund because of their terms and conditions.

My opinion was that if I request had been made then obviously a refund was possible and why were they punishing a customer who had been confused by the offering. I had made the call 10 minutes after the booking, not weeks later, so there had obviously been a misunderstanding. I had asked to speak to a more senior member of staff - a request that was refused. I was also denied the request of being transferred to another department and in the end the agent hung the phone up on me. This was 100% on purpose and if there was any doubt whatsoever it was confirmed by the fact then when I tried to call her back on the direct number she had called me from, she cancelled my call without picking up. This happened after a few rings and on 4 separate occasions. She obviously did not want to deal with me and decided this was the best course of action.

After this I sent a complaint outlining all of the above, and stating that if they cannot refund me the money can we discuss a compromise such as credit towards other Qatar airways flights, or even a discount on the upgrade to New York in which I thought I was purchasing originally. I stated that upgrading a flight to Doha from Dubai, which is little over 45 minutes, was not something I wanted for such a high price. I even sent a screenshot of my booking which just stand Dubai to New York as one booking and no mention of the stop-over to show how I was easily confused by the offer. Also that the behaviour of the customer services officer was completely unprofessional and shameful from a Qatar airways point of view.

The response was to ignore anything about their customer service officer and to once again illustrate no refund or compromise will be issued for the upgrade. I then replied once again, this time including the email address of their Chief Executive in the email, to once again a few days later ignoring completely the behaviour and conduct of their employee and only stating no refund would be made. I then sent an email only mentioning the conduct of their customer service employee and this has so far been ignored completely.

I really am at a loss to why an airline of such reputation would act in such a manner but I will not be flying with them ever again and recommend that others follow suit. If I compare this customer service to Emirates, Etihad, Virgin Atlantic and even British Airways (who I think are pretty poor) - the airlines I fly mostly with - there is no companion. These are by far the worst and I am at a loss to how they are rated so highly. Give your money to another airline!

File Reference number: **. This is regarding the loss of my baggage and the subsequent experience while traveling through Qatar airways from Mumbai to Chicago. I traveled with my parents on 25th May 2016 on flight QR557 reaching Doha from where we traveled via flight QR725 to reach Chicago. Between the three of us, we had six suitcases, all of which were under the required weight. On reaching Chicago, we found out that two of our six suitcases (Tags 343704 and 343700) were missing and we were told to file a complaint at the Qatar Airways airline counter. The staff at the counter told us that we'd have a definite answer with regards to the status of our bags by 9 pm that very night. Three days passed without any call or details of our bags. The Qatar airways helpline number provided was useless as no one answered the phone no matter what time we called.

Around four days after we filed the complaint we received an email saying that a complaint had been logged. Even then there was no reply when asked about what has happened to our bags. Finally, tired from the lack of response through email and otherwise, we visited the airport (O'Hare) to speak to the staff in person. I'll add that the Qatar airways staff there was only available if there was a flight arriving or departing any time soon. At other times we were told to wait for someone to turn up at the counter. when that would be was anyone's guess. At the airport I asked to meet the manager of Qatar airways and was told that the system was unable to trace our bags. The staff was in fact unable to trace exactly where our bags went missing. I was also told that the case was being handed over to a private tracing company and the process would take at least another three days.

Memorial day weekend followed and another four days passed and again I had to go the airport and speak personally to the staff to find out that the tracing company too had been unable to locate our bags and they were now officially being considered as lost. My last resort now was to file a claim for compensation. We filed a claim and gave details to the best of our ability about the contents of those bags and their worth. This claim was filed on 5th June and we travelled back to India on 7th June. On 14th June I received a mail from the airlines asking me to file a claim. I can't help but ask the question: How slow and uncoordinated is your system that despite having filed the claim and submitting it in person to the manager himself, we are asked to repeat the process again.

It is the 13th of July today and we have still not received any compensation at all. CRITICAL POINTS: My family had visited Chicago to attend a wedding. The lost bags contained wedding clothes (all designer wear), footwear as well as casual clothing for me, my mother and my sister (who came via Emirates airlines the same day). We were forced out of necessity to buy new casual clothes, shoes etc. The wedding in question being an Indian wedding, we had no ethnic wedding clothes to wear and buying new Indian dresses in Chicago was out of question as we needed close to eleven wedding dresses between the three of us and the cost of dresses in Chicago was very high. We had a tough time getting any clothes good enough to attend each event and even had to miss some events because of the lack of proper attire.

The worth of all the clothes, shoes, personal items and other necessities in those two bags combined came to over 482,000 Indian rupees. The manager Sandeep at Chicago O'Hare airport was rude and unhelpful. When we mentioned that we are in USA for a wedding and we needed the clothes in the bag, his response was - "You are visiting USA and crying for clothes?!" He also asked us to go buy dresses from Devon (an area in Chicago that sells really expensive Indian wear) if it was that urgent. When we wanted to know the reason our bags were lost and what exactly went wrong, his response was - "This is normal in Chicago. Even CEOs lose their bags here". He seemed very amused by the entire situation.

On top of that he expected us to have the bills and receipts of all our stuff in the bags (which was purchased in India) as if we should have expected our bags to be irrevocably lost. His attitude about the problem conveyed that this was very normal for Chicago and Qatar airways and we were supposed to passively accept it and not complain about it. He was absolutely not interested in our case and seemed not to care at all that the passengers had a problem. When we discovered that we had lost two bags, we thought this was the worst thing to happen to us on the trip. We later realized that it was just the starting of our troubles. In addition to having no clothes, shoes and miscellaneous necessary items, we faced great pains with the Qatar airways staff and the experience is far from over with no information of our claim compensation so far.

The entire trip which was supposed to be an exciting and fun filled vacation turned out to be nightmare. I and my family have been travelling around the globe since 35 years and never before have we encountered such carelessness and apathy by any other airlines. I would ask all travelers, especially those travelling to Chicago, to avoid Qatar airways if they value their baggage and want a trouble free experience. Our last request after this horrible ordeal is that we should be compensated properly and at the earliest.

Terrible services if you need redeem your miles. You can't go through internet. You have to call the assistance and then they look for you day by day, and guess what? They never have the date you need it! Well after all, I got the ticket that I bought to my mom, and paid for the other connection but I lost it, because they never explained that I had 48 hours to pay the taxes. Instead I received an email with my book confirmation, the itinerary and everything, (I was sure this was the ticket) and other email saying: "Your request for award booking was processed. You can call us at your best convenience to pay for taxes".

So I called 10 days before to ask how to pay the taxes, and what was my surprised and disappointment, when they said to me that I've lost my ticket and the date was not available anymore. We call the supervisor "Fabiola" from Qatar USA, and she didn't solved nothing to us, neither could find a new date for travel, just say "sorry" and "goodbye". I am gold member and my husband platinum. Is very disappointing to realize the company doesn't care when you need to redeem your miles. I felt like an idiot to trust and the Qatar miles system, they just very disrespectful. I have other cases with happened with us that show they really don't care their clients.

Qatar Airways Company Profile