Qatar Airways
3.47/5

Looking for a travel site?

Qatar Airways Reviews

Looking for a travel site?

Qatar Airways Reviews

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I just received my three children who went to Tanzania, as explorers and adventurers. They decided to travel back as unaccompanied minors. As parents We reluctantly agreed. Today after I received them from flight attendant, we hugged and kissed, and they told us "No more travelling with parents, We are ready to travel anywhere around the world with QATAR AIRWAYS" by ourselves, They have treated so special, "Dad, we felt like kings and queens in movies". We firstly wondered if there could be anyone out there who can possibly love and treat our children better than us. Upon digesting, I realized that "I'm obliged, I owe Qatar Airways, They have touched our family hearts in a special way." Thank QATAR AIRWAYS, LONG LIVE.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Their planes as neat as a 4-star hotel room and the flight crew is as polite as they could be. Besides, the airlines provides a world-class service including food and beverages. I could not ask for more in my last flight with them. My relatives who used to fly through Qatar Airways have also expressed similar satisfaction.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I had a great experience by one employee Lok, number **, between Doha and Narita, who paid special attention to ensure I was served with food as I was very tired and sleepy, and that my TV screen was working as it was apparently jammed. He also advise me on the best menu selection. I also saw the way he attend to fellow passengers next to me. He is excellent and a great marketer of the airline.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I flew Perth Australia to London via Doha and back again on Qatar airways. I could not fault the airline at all. The crew were more than helpful, friendly and top services. The planes were comfortable and I would highly recommend Qatar airways. The best airline in the world. Thank you Qatar for my fantastic holiday.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

No doubt, it is the world class airline, and its business class is the world's best. My mom and dad are 78 and 84 years old. I booked their tickets from Mumbai to Chicago. Not for luxury, but for medical reasons. They needed flatbeds during such long travel. Additionally, my mom also required supplemental oxygen. We completed required forms and sent over to Qatar office within 7 days of departure as per their guidelines, and also gave a call to customer service about this. My brother also booked his ticket in economy class and was chosen as an escort. The website was not showing the green tick mark for oxygen supply. So we were giving repeated calls, and were reassured every time that we are all set.

My parents lived in Bhopal, and left at night to go to Mumbai to check in for the early morning flight. Around 10.30 pm IST I received an email about having to upgrade the escort, my brother, from economy to business class for a fee of $4000!!! They informed me of their rule of having escort in the same class as the passenger. Were the representatives sleeping all this time? Why they could not tell us earlier? We would have directly booked him in the business class, or my father, who was traveling in business class would have signed the form of the escort!

My parents came to know of this unfortunate stuff when they landed in Mumbai! Nobody told us of this rule while we were exchanging emails, and calling customer service for past 7 days! Now, at the time of taking-off, they are asking us to pay $4000 for an upgrade!! Either cough up $4000 for the upgrade of the escort, or no boarding the flight.

My old and sick parents literally begged since it was not their fault. They were not told of this rule in past 7 days during document verification process. But, they were not ready to take any responsibility, and said, "You might complain later to customer service, right now, either pay in 10 min time or you are not going". Is $4000 a small amount??? Eventually, they downgraded my mom to economy class despite having a confirmed business class ticket and allowed her to board. My 84-yr old father was traveling alone in business class.

The dark and inhuman side of qatar was clearly visible during this 4 hours time when my parents were at the airport, and were not allowed to check in. Nobody was taking the responsibility of the lapse, forget about any apology, trying to rip us off of $4000, and subjecting old and sick people to this saga without any consideration of their health, and disability. This was totally unexpected from airline like qatar that claims a world class experience for its travelers. We feel to be the victims of laxity done by your medical team. It was unfortunate.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Qatar Airways?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

My husband and I traveled to Indonesia. We splurged to upgrade to Business on the 16 hour flight from Doha to DFW. The cabin was fantastic. I noticed I was very itchy towards the end of the flight. I was covered in bites when I got home. I let the airline know immediately but they took 2 weeks to even answer. No apologies, they just denied it. I even went to the doctor who confirmed bed bug bites. I sent them a photo of me by the pool right before my flight without the bites and one right after I arrived home. Still nothing. So thousands of dollars for the ticket and a public health hazard....

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I and my family were flying from Boston to Doha with Qatar Airways. We received our boarding passes from the airline customer service agent at the airport hours before our departure time but we were denied boarding and asked to call their customer service number. We ended up calling their customer service number in USA & Doha. Incurred $$$ for calls and had very difficult of understanding some of their customer service reps. It was the worst travel experience ever in my decades of flying. Avoid this airline if you do not want to have a bad experience as we did.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I was booked on a flight for today August 5, 2019 for an outboard flight to Doha, then to final destination Bangkok. Like, any other flight I've taking from DFW I checked-in online and arrived 2 hours early. My complaint is in regards to the agent at the ticket booth. (** Male with short black hair cut) Unfortunately I did not get his name. I was told by this man that my onward ticket out of Bangkok HAD to be through Qatar Airways!! After I leave the ticket booth I get online and try to find flights through Qatar that would take me to Indonesia Bali, which was my next location. I did not find any ticket to get to Bali through Qatar website, because you guys don't fly there!

At this point I have less than 30 mins to find a flight through Qatar like the man told me! I tried to find a reasonably priced ticket, which seems like it took forever. I found a ticket to Barcelona, Spain and purchased it (which was not on my travel plans, but it was a location you guys fly to), by this time the Qatar stands had closed and I wasn't able to board the plane. The whole reason for not boarding the plane was the man telling me I HAD to book my departure flight through Qatar!!!!

If you would have just been honest and polite and told me the truth I just needed to show my plans of onward travel rather than be through train, plane, bus, or boat, I would have been able to expand my search for a flight out from another airline. That wouldn't have taken as long. Which was also my plan once I arrived in Bangkok. I'm not sure why he mislead me in such a way, with little time to spear!!! I could have went right to Google to find the best flight out of Bangkok to Indonesia (my desired destination). I could have found it faster than figuring out which country to go to that Qatar ONLY serviced.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I booked my flight on Qatar Airways as an urgent exit from Qatar. The ground crew who are all employees from other poor countries and no one from the locals, were the worst I have ever met in my entire flight booking experience for over 40 years. I was at the gate in time and people were were still boarding behind me but they denied me boarding for a mistake they did by transferring me to the next flight. Even their head manager could not do the correction and keep sending me to other customer service desks till I missed my flight.

What a manager who cannot correct a mistake done on the computer? That stupid mistake caused me lots of inconvenience and cost me an important business meeting. I will never book on this airlines even if I have to go by bus. And I mean it, for the lack of professionalism and ignorance by the staff. And the airport and the flight was not busy at all. I noticed there too many staff members but they all lack all the knowledge of how to deal with their system.

Original review: June 27, 2019

Flight from Sydney to Beirut, I did not use the service due to compelling circumstances. I paid $4300 for 4 flights tickets. I lost the money without any compensation due to their bad customer service and the only way for me now to proceed with Tribunal. They do not respect our life and laws in Australia, they take our complaints personally and everything is related to Doha, Qatar. Nothing can be solved in Australia even they benefit from our country. The government should make action about the foreign airlines as they do for domestic ones, it is really unacceptable. They must implement our laws and policy. We only asked to give us the opportunity to reuse our tickets again.

Qatar Airways Company Information