1.42/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 12, 2018

171 Qatar Airways Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 12, 2018

When I took the flight from Trivandrum to New York on 07/09/17, I was informed at the counter that I am not allowed carry the hand baggage for my infant (10 Kg) due to new policy. I was not informed with this policy change through email or I couldn't see this policy change details in Qatar Airways website. I had to throw off my baggage and took the flight back to end my vacation in horrible manner. I did a call to Qatar Airways today morning again to confirm whether this is a policy change but the representative herself couldn't confirm the baggage allowances for the infants. And that was the last time I used Qatar Airways.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I flew 1st of Jan 2018, from Atlanta to Lahore. When I get Lahore and had one of my booked baggage was missing. Did report for when I received it after 25 days. Was damaged. They did not give me any compensation. Most of my stuff got broken. Complained several time no success.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I would like to complain about the bad experience which I have to face at Hamad International Airport on 22nd of March, 2018. My e-ticket number is ** with a confirmed ticket and seats numbers. I used to travel with Emirates Airline and never had any problem and I am also a member of their Skywards, frequent traveller programme, (membership no. Is **). The point is I prefer Qatar Airways over Emirates but now I regret my decision and would not use it again. I have travelled on 19th of March from London Heathrow to Lahore, Pakistan and took the advantage of visa-free entry at Doha. I stayed 3 days in Doha and had a good time. But that good time washed away and got panic when I reached the Hamad International Airport on 22nd of March to complete my remaining part of the Journey via flight number QR 628. I reached the Airport 2.30 hours early.

When I reached the counter the lady at the counter told me that there is no seat available in this Flight. I just shocked and told her that my ticket and flight is confirmed and I have a seat number issued which was 18H. I have tried to convince her that my seat is confirmed and I should not face this situation. Finally she took me another counter and where I met a Young Chap who tried from the system and told me that flight is overbooked and there is no seat available for me. He can adjust me another flight tomorrow on 23 of March. Which I refused. He asked me to wait in front of the desk and will try to find the seat for me. At Round 01.30 am, Another young guy called me and told me the same thing that I cannot travel on this flight (His name is Younus and quote me this number **).

I had a detailed argument with him and told me that the flight is overbooked and he clearly said that Qatar Airways deliberately overbooked the flight and even though my seat is confirmed, it’s not possible to travel with particular flight and again offer me next day flight. He also mentioned that as I did not check in online so Qatar Airways can refuse me to offer a seat in case the Flight is overbooked. I told him that I am on Holidays and it was not possible for me to go your website and perform online check-in. Finally, 20 minutes before closing the gate he called me again and gave me the news that I am Lucky and he manage to get a seat for me, the seat number was 31A. I was not expecting this kind of service from the Top airline and want answers that how it happened that a confirmed ticket and seat holder can be denied from flight.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I was traveling from Hyderabad to Doha on 21 Mar 2018 and the flight was scheduled to depart at 3.10 but it was delayed for about 2 hours in Hyderabad airport with airline stand still. Upon asking about the reason, it was stated that some technical issues. All the passengers were feeling uncomfortable as the air conditioning was also not working. Many old persons and infants were in horrible state. To worsen the situation cabin crew could not even provide enough of water. It was very disappointing journey. I'll never opt for this airline in the future.

Original review: March 17, 2018

This company is maybe the worst of all airline companies. On a flight Istanbul- Doha- Osaka, I checked in a 23 kg luggage with 3 sport equipment items. On arrival in Doha, I changed to my Osaka flight and just minutes before departure, I was escorted out of the airplane with police, to their luggage check counter. There, the airport authorities proceeded to inspect my luggage and only retrieved 2 sport items. I immediately showed them my ticket and asked about the 3rd item, to which the airport security and the airline company had absolutely no answer and they told me I can go, like it doesnt really matter that a client have just lost item, checked in the previous airport.

Anyway, at that point my Osaka flight was gone. The best they could do was bump me into another flight to Hong Kong after 8 hours (so I will be effectively losing 24 hours of my time) and then to Osaka. I request to speak with the manager and insist to be compensated, which is kind of his job (to deal with that kind of situations) and I give to him an example with Lufthansa and even China Eastern, who on similar ocasions, upgraded my next flight to business class and gave me free vouchers for food and drinks in the airport lounge.

His answer: "We don't do that in this company". No **. Next thing that happened was a huge scandal. I had to fight with him for an hour to finally get a lounge coupon for a coffee and some breakfast! On arrival in Hong Kong, I accounted for the story to the local Qatar Airways staff and they couldnt believe I was treated that way. My luggage still lost though. Anyway, 4 years later, my lawyer still cannot reach Qatar Airways through their official channels (faxes are switched off, mail address is for an airport tower in the middle of the desert, their email addresses are acting like black holes). And of course, I happened to read plenty on the recruitment they are running at QA. Apparently, all the Doha airport staff are ex construction workers, with zero experience in customer service. Even their vice president has a CV, listing as his biggest professional achievement before landing the VP job... been a clown in Toys R Us... and I'm not making this up!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Qatar Airways?

Original review: March 2, 2018

I flew from Durban to Helsinki on the 1st of March 2018 at 18:25 via Doha. The flight number was QR 1368 and QR 301. I checked in my luggage at counter 40 in Durban, South Africa. The lady at the counter was not at all friendly and had a very bad attitude. On seeing my Indian passport without even knowing where I was going to, she just was asked if I am going back to India? Such type of silly questions is not needed at all. I had a 2.5 year old daughter and had a nap and the milk bottle container bag. We did ask about the nappy baggage and I was not told anything about the excess luggage when we were checking in. When I went to the boarding gate the same lady was at the boarding gate. I had my thermal shoes and my thermal wear in a gift paper bag and some homemade food items. This lady stopped me and told me that I can't take the gift items and the nappy bag as it was excess.

The reason she was giving me that the child is more than 2 years old and the nappy baggage is not allowed. This reason is so stupid, how can the child stop using nappies and stop drinking milk at 2? I agreed to leave the excess baggage and suggested that we will wear the winter shoes as I needed them in Helsinki due to the very cold weather, even then I was not allowed to do that, she was just kept on repeating that she has to offload my luggage if I do not leave the excess baggage. I was given the chance to either take the nappy baggage or one of the tagged hand luggage. I had no choice and I have to leave the tagged hand luggage. I had some valuable items in that bag, but I was not even allowed to take it out. The staff at the boarding gate were just arguing with me talking about the rules without even considering about my baby.

I had to leave my winter shoes and my kids winter clothes and thermal wear and had to land in Helsinki without it. It costed me a fortune to buy all the things again. With some kind consideration of the Qatar staff, allowing to wear my shoes I could have saved a lot of money. I never expected such a rude behavior from the Qatar staff. Unfortunately I did not note down the lady's name. I strongly ask you to investigate and look into this matter. I do not want any other passenger with kids to go through the same mental pain again. I have traveled to Europe by other airlines but this was the first time by Qatar and I had a very bad experience. Thanks and kind regards.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I recently flew from Washington, D.C. to Kolkata, India via Doha by Qatar Airways. The in-flight service is pretty horrendous. Some crew were extremely impolite. I wish I had not had a stop over in Doha. I strongly discourage people from flying with this airline!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

We have purchased a $1000 more expensive ticket than from other airlines just to get a shorter flight time. Our flight from Melbourne was delayed by 3 hours and we missed our connecting flight. When we asked for compensation they have offered $200 travel credit. When we paid around $2000 more for our tickets than other airlines offered this was an insulting offer. Not to say we lost our rental car booking and the loss of time that we couldn’t spent with our family. Our flight time was 50 hours in total to Europe from Melbourne. On the way back we had another delay on the top of this. The customer service team was really unhelpful, so I don’t recommend this airline to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

One of the worst flight experiences — Rating (D+/1.5*). After rebooking my flight (as original flight was delayed over 8 hours and we were all stranded outside the ATQ airport in extremely cold climate for hours with no intimation as to what the next steps were or how long the flight was delayed for), the check-in process was extremely cumbersome and the staff unhelpful and nasty at times. I wasn’t allowed to take my carry-on trolley with me because the staff at ATQ said it was “overweight” and had to check it in, all the while seeing passengers with 2-3 bags in the economy section of my flights. Again, the discrepancy in the treatment of passengers and incompetence of the staff at ATQ Airport is beyond belief. They were extremely rude and unhelpful as well.

The flight from ATQ to Doha is close to 4.5 hours and there were no individualized screens or USB ports to charge phones or anything. Welcome to pre-historic times with Qatar Airways. It’s ok to not have these facilities for a short flight of up to an hour but anything longer than that usually have these facilities. One is forced to pay additional money while at the Doha Airport to use a lounge (especially if you have a long halt) since there isn’t much to do at the airport. The almost 14 hour flight from Doha — NYC was one of the worst experiences of my life. The seats were extremely tight with no leg room, there were no foot-rests to elevate feet during flight (as a result my feet are swollen and in pain), and flight crew was not helpful.

In flight “meal preference” and “special meal request” are two separate things that apparently the flight crew didn’t know about. This has never happened to me before on any other flight where based on my “meal preference” I am forced to eat something that I didn’t want. “Meal preference” is just a general meal preference and not set in stone while “special meal request” is more of a set in stone meal liking based on special dietary restrictions, etc. This was almost an absurd experience to say the least. I communicated about my issues with the customer service team and they were extremely rude and unwilling to accept any responsibility on their end. All in all, I would say I am extremely disappointed since my expectations were raised quite a bit with all the “marketing and promotion” they have done for themselves being one of the best Airways.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I booked my round trip ticket from USA going abroad for my family. I confirmed reservation, chose seats, and chose meal preferences. Then 2 weeks before my travel, I noticed that my return trip information was missing. I called Qatar, and they said they don't know and cant help me. I called Chase Travel services (who I booked the reservations through), and they could not get any answers from Qatar. Qatar was pointing fingers at everyone else except themselves. They did not want to take responsibility. If I had not checked, My family and I could have flown out of the country, and not had a return flight back to the US. Please check your itinerary carefully before travel. They claim to be the worlds best airline but that is their claim - no one nominated or awarded them. It's sad to see them use this type of deceitful marketing.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

We were flying from Doha to Canada via London. We took a Qatar Airways flight from Doha to London, and a British Airways flight from London to Toronto. The flight to Toronto got delayed 1hr roughly; we actually enjoyed our time at Heathrow airport so we didn't mind. I had read somewhere that Qatar Airways was the best airline in the world and we were clearly not disappointed. First off, Hamad International Airport is one of the best airports I've been to, with Changi airport in Singapore. The check in process is very efficient but maybe we got lucky because there was no queue. Cabin crew was very attentive and we really felt they enjoyed their work. The plane was not full though so maybe that's why we got so much attention. I skipped the meals so can't comment on the food. The entertainment system was on par with top airlines with a wide variety of TV series and movies. I wish there was a direct flight to Toronto!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I was flying from Bangkok to Doha on Qatar Airways. I had done my check-in online but arrived late at the airport due to traffic congestion, and to be honest, heading to the airport far too late. When I arrived at the airport, the gate was already closed. I ask someone how to check in and, luckily, the person I randomly asked it to happened to be a Qatar Airways staff. She let me know exactly where to go in order to get my plane on time. While she could have stopped there, she went the extra mile, called her colleagues at the gate and accompanied me through the immigration. Needless to say I was the last person on board but, thanks to that person, I avoided missing the plane. The experience on board was consistent to what I expected: comfy seats, lots of space and a friendly staff.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I was offered to upgrade our tickets at the check in. I paid extra 450 Euros for upgrade and it was the worst thing I ever done, Qatar Airways no longer give good service as they trying to cost cutting. I would have fly with Fly Dubai for much cheaper and a great service. They are menu items was not available as they only had few meals left, we had to choose different item in the menu. Not even body lotion in the business class flight, seat was broken. Flight supervisor was horrible service. I would never fly with Qatar Airways anymore. Forget it!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I booked a flight in economy class from Doha to Paris and a few days before the trip, I received an email to upgrade my flight, so I decided to indulge myself with a trip in business class, considering the flight was overnight. Also, at around $500 the upgrade, it worked out to be cheaper than if I had bought the business class ticket to start with. I did not try out the airport lounge so all my experience is based on the flight. The goodies that you get are great: a pajama, nice toiletries with premium products, and great choice of food. The service was excellent and very attentive. The food was tasty and well presented.

Only regret: I wish the flight was longer:) I had asked to be woken up before the landing phase for the breakfast but I slept so well that the cabin crew couldn't wake me up (The seat itself was very spacious and comfortable, and I didn't get anybody next to me). I woke up around 30 mins before landing and although I didn't have time for a full breakfast, the cabin crew staff was courteous enough to offer a quick breakfast which I finished in 5 mins.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Qatar staff provide prompt, professional and courteous service. The food is delicious and the fares are reasonable. I love this airlines and will fly with them again in the future wherever possible.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I received a few emails regarding irresistible flight offers. Mmmmmh, same price as before Qatar. Flew with you several times and paid for friend's flights, but you just seem to be going down the tubes. I'm getting flight from UK to Oz at nearly half the price. It's goodbye from me, and goodbye from my friends.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

During a layover in Doha I changed my flight time and was I promised with 5 hours to spare my luggage (which was a bicycle) would be transferred on time to the next plane. While boarding, they stopped me to tell me they were not sure where my baggage was. After describing my bag to them on the phone, the man who was in the plane told me that it was in front of him and all was good. He had lied of course as when I landed in Helsinki my bike wasn't. The bike had long been reported that it never got on the plane.

This cost me an extra day in town where I had to pay for accommodation, food and just waste my time. The money I had paid for my bike tour was lost including a train ticket to Northern Finland. I asked Qatar for compensation and well they jerked me around for 2 weeks wanting different things. Finally they were not satisfied with the tour organizer's letter I could provide them with. Also they didn't care that my bag had been opened, turned upside down and all my bike bags had been opened. 3 times I told them this and they didn't care to ever respond. All I asked for was 200Euro or something to compensate me for my lost time and money.

Nothing from Qatar. I got to Europe every year and next year I'll choose another airline because Qatar doesnt care about fixing their mistakes.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

If you expect service from Qatar you are mistaken. I flew Jakarta to London on the 26th July and, on arrival at Heathrow baggage collection at 22-30 found that both the side and top handles of my case had been ripped off, the case crushed, and the baggage label re-attached to the pull handle of my case. It was obvious that my case had been crushed and stuck under heavier objects and suffered the damage on attempts to pull it clear and although their handling representative viewed the case he showed no interest other than to hand me a form and subsequent attempts to contact Qatar proved fruitless.

On my return on the 8th July I showed the damaged case to Qatar staff when checking in and was given addresses to write to by the helpful staff member on duty who saw for herself the damage to my case. However, having submitted all required details to Qatar their response was a dismissive "external handles are not covered and neither is wear and tear" and then had the audacity to say "We look forward to you flying with us again". Follow up emails of complaint have been ignored and my only recourse now is to the UK Small Claims Court. No other airline that I have dealt with has taken such an arrogant and unsympathetic attitude and for all their claims to offer 5 star service they are the pits. ANYONE WHO READS THEIR REVIEWS AND THEN STILL WASTES THEIR MONEY FLYING WITH THEM HAVE MORE MONEY THAN SENSE.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

We flew business class Philadelphia to Doha and then to Johannesburg and onto Capetown. 2/4 pieces of luggage did not arrive in JNB. The woman took our info but never gave a reference number. We have called continuously! No information. I will never fly again.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Their online policy states that the pets are loaded first and then unloaded first. This is patently not true. I waited at the transit stop in Doha for over an hour before my pets arrived in the cargo transit lounge. I asked to be put through on the phone as the online pet policy states that in transit they are walked, their carriers cleaned, fed and given a bigger container to rest in before having to board their next flight. I called when the dogs had arrived in transit cargo and spoke to a rep who assured me this would take place. In Athens, our final destination, I waited 2 hours for the dogs to be unloaded. When they arrived in the cargo depot they were left in the hot warehouse. They would have been left there had I not been the one to process them through Customs so I insisted they were moved in their carriers to a cooler area whilst I went through the Customs hoops.

I was not permitted to see where they were moved to. However what I could see through their carrier doors was that they were soaking wet with water. The unloading had obviously thrown them about and the water in their water containers had spilled and soaked them and their bedding. I don't know how long they had been left like this. It was evident to me when I was able to free them, several hours later, due to Customs being so slow and disinterested in spite of all my documents being up to scratch that the cages had not been freshened up at all when they had been in Doha in transit.

The carriers had not been fouled and the wetness was not urine but nothing had been touched. I know as I meticulously prepared their carriers for travel. I had asked in Doha that they only fill the water carriers with a third of water in an attempt to prevent spillage as I have become wary of how these cargo companies load and off load live animals. Basically they don't give a damn. So much for beautifully articulated pet policies. Beware it is the cargo companies that these airlines use that need to be regulated.

Original review: July 14, 2017

On July 13th the nightmare started. The flight QR675 from Mal to Doha boarded all the passengers a bit later than the estimated departure time that should departure at 7:30 pm. After all the passengers were inside the plane, for around 1 hour nothing happened, no departure, nothing! Only the staff serving water because it was 30°C and no air or A/C were coming inside the plane! Then a lady felt bad because of the heat, so they had to follow all the procedures with her. To guarantee her safety and everything is fine, but the REAL problem wasn't her. They reset the computers 4 times and keep saying that because of the lady the flight was late, a huge lie. Took more than 4 hours to this plane departs. All the passengers including children waited in this terrible heat like hell.

When it finally arrived in Doha, I contact the staff at customer care, gate, etc. I had a hotel paid but it was no sense to go to the hotel when the connection was less than 4 hours. I tried really hard until I get the access to their lounge. That is not a big deal. Food is terrible and service worst. Also asked for all the staff the possibility to have an upgrade to business class and they all said that it was no way to get it without paying. For Qatar Airways luck I work with Luxury Tourism and this poor and terrible assistance will be share with all the market! I highly recommend Emirates Airlines. Service, staff, planes and generosity are much better! I wish I could post the video here where all the passengers are in a terrible position inside the plane waiting in 30°C for 4 hours!

Original review: June 12, 2017

Refused to let me on second leg of flight (I'm 37...) because I said I was nervous and heart was beating fast. Promised to get me back but didn't (passed health check in 5 minutes). Then said would put up in hotel and get me to final destination but didn't (8 hours in airport chair...). Then they gave me a new flight 21 hours later and told me I needed to book and pay for my final connecting flight myself. So I was over a day late and an extra $500 to buy my final connecting flight for a second time. Don't use Qatar.

Resolution response: June 22, 2017

They are resolving the issue and have reached out to me

Original review: May 19, 2017

This is the 2nd time my bags were delayed within a 3-month period. After emailing them numerous times, I got a form which I filled in and sent back. I asked them to transfer the case to Philadelphia, which is my home base and turns out, that they need other forms filled. Philadelphia office claimed, that the form which I received from the South African office was incorrect. They pretty much is giving the runaround. All these forms were to get $75 since I flew business for that segment. They did not honor the rules regarding delayed baggage payment which they are required to pay. Do not fly with them. They do not leave enough time for connections, and the ground customer service sucks. You get shuttled like one would transfer cattle in Doha. I am oneworld Platinum member and have upgraded to business numerous times, but they really don't seem to care.

Original review: May 13, 2017

Customer Service is extremely rude. They are not familiar with their own policies, make decisions on their own, and are just plain rude to the customer. They talked to me as if I work for them or something, refused to refund me based on their own policies, and suddenly said "this is the last email you will receive from us," as if to say "go do whatever you want. We don't care," and they really don't care.

Original review: May 1, 2017

Told was late to check in so can't propose to fiancee. I was delayed by an hour due to a traffic accident and missed "economy" check in by 8 minutes. When I approached the agent she asked if I was business class, to which I replied no. I was then informed that I could not check in and that I must talk to the person at the ticket counter. When I did, I was informed that I must call Expedia to change my booking, which I did. Expedia told that the flight was nonrefundable, which I understood, so then I asked to speak with a Qatar agent directly.

This agent informed me that I must create an entirely new booking. I then asked if he would refund the taxes to my trip if no satisfactory conclusion could be made, to which he told me to contact Expedia in order to be refunded the taxes, as he could not. When I contacted Expedia, again, I was informed that they could not do this. I'm waiting for Expedia to call Qatar main office and return a response to me. I'm very frustrated as this has cost me a great deal of time and effort to plan this trip. If I cannot get a satisfactory conclusion I will be contacting the FAA and looking into what could be done.

Original review: April 28, 2017

I booked my tickets (13 members) on CheapOair.com and the airline was Qatar. After receiving the confirmation email I got a call from CheapOair customer service asking for my seats which I didn't choose at the time of booking. He said he could help me in the seat selection so the whole family can sit together. I was overjoyed to go ahead with him and while I was talking to him my father called me on the other phone and said that they are charging $14 and odd for each passenger seats. I was shocked and refused to do the seat selection with him. On my father's advice, I called Qatar Airways directly and madam Luz (customer service representative) was on the line and she helped me with no further questions and reserved our seats free of charge. I'm thankful to madam Luz for being helpful, patient and friendly in the seat reservation process. I highly recommend calling the airline directly if you book your tickets on other websites.

Original review: April 13, 2017

I was traveling from Chennai to LAX on March 25. My check-in bag was around 25KG, it exceeds 23kg allowed, but way the ground staff was interacted with me was so horrible. There was a guy named Mr. **, way he handled the situation was horrible. Even cabin baggage was also wanted show exact 10kg, after three or four trip back and forth removing lots of stuff, finally allowed. After done everything, there was a lady told me that I could check-in freely my hand luggage. Honestly I appreciate that but I could appreciate good enough because of the previous treatment. Please ground staff, don't think that you can treat like a ** when people flying in economy class. I would not fly Qatar again. It was a horrible experience.

Original review: April 1, 2017

I am writing this review because of what my brother experienced with Qatar airline in Houston March 31st 2017. Today is April 1st 2017, and I am writing this review with great pain because of the way he was treated. He was supposed to board this plane at 6:30pm CST on 3/31/2017 as his first connecting flight before he experiences 16 hrs layover time at each country he gets (A total of 32 hrs to get to Nigeria). At first I was upset telling him "How in the world would you spend 3 days to get to Nigeria when other airlines will get you to Lagos Nigeria from the USA in less than 24 hrs," his reply was "It is a 5 star airline".

After checking in at the Qatar check in station and paying $315.00 for extra luggage he was offloaded from the airplane by the supervisor on duty with his chief complaint of "You're not allowed to carry two carry-ons on this airplane." Everybody pleaded and begged him, even his own employees begged him, letting the so called supervisor know that my brother already paid more than enough for extra luggage and they can actually checked one of the carry-ons in if it's going to be an issue, but he bluntly refused saying it's either he pays another $250.00 in cash or he gets off the plane. Before my brother knew what was going on, the Supervisor on duty for that night escorted him off the plane and offloaded him. I had to drive for another hour fifteen minutes to go pick him back from the airport when I received a phone call from him saying he was offloaded.

To cut the long story short, they did not cancel his ticket like they promised and the money he paid for extra luggage is still hanging. This is the worst airline ever, majority of the customer service representatives are very nice, however some of them are just pure nonentities. This is a racist airline, and I wish there is a top notch for this airline I can contact directly. I felt that my brother was offloaded from this airline because of his skin color. There are other people with bigger carry-ons and some with even three carry-ons and the supervisor had no issue with them, but went straight to my brother after boarding the flight using the word "You in black, follow me. I think you sneaked into the plane". Are you for real? It is a very sad story. My brother is stuck here in the USA now, but this is a warning to everybody "Please do not fly Qatar Arline". It is a disgrace of an airline. If there is any other rating less than 1 maybe -10, I will gladly give this airline.

Original review: March 12, 2017

It was the most horrifying trip of my life: Journey started from Chicago to Doha and then to Islamabad, the aircraft was ok but fully loaded and no room to keep my hand bag. I was told that it will be offloaded because of no space in the cabin, I had my laptop, my medicine for the day and I just could not give it away. I had to take out my most important things in a bag and gave away my back pack. Islamabad weather was bad so the pilot decided to go to Lahore and wait there for a few an hour until the weather gets cleared, once we reached Lahore, the airline decided for passengers to disembark in Lahore and proceed to Islamabad by bus.

It is a road journey of not less than 8 hours and that also on Pakistan roads which does not have any services or rest areas, the motor way was also closed because of the weather and the journey had to be taken via secondary roads, all these the ground crew did not mentioned. In short, they said good bye at Lahore and all the passengers were really very upset especially few ladies who were alone. I had to help one lady all the way to Islamabad as she was very nervous traveling alone by road. I had a very bad experience as the road journey without food or water was really very tiresome. (8 hours).

The ground crew promised me to give me a flight to Islamabad but they vanished at the airport. No food no water no hotel no equivalent transport, only promises. Please note that the real test of any airline is under such extraordinary circumstances which makes an airline, it is not the aircraft or the inflight service, which is almost similar in all airlines of the world. I have rated them without any starts.

Original review: March 11, 2017

My luggage arrived 11 hrs after I did, thanks to my hotel who I informed and they worked their butts off at the airport to find and deliver my luggage. Nobody at the airport gave a damn and there were not any Qatar staff working there. I had to wear same clothes from the day before and go to my meeting scruffy due to luggage not arriving on time.

I got back to London and on 16th sent them a complaint, their response was "Someone at Abu Dhabi airport will contact you". By 21st Feb I didnt hear anything so emailed them again, they said the same thing again. After this they did not bother replying and its been 3-4 weeks now. I've been trying to get their Twitter team to do something about it for 11 days and the same reply is always "we have asked someone at Customer Care to get back to you, rest assured". Well rest assured my ass, nobody at customer care has bothered to get back to me. Don't charge premium money for flights if you can't be bothered to reply to emails.

Qatar Airways Company Information