1.40/5
Based on 178 reviews that contain star ratings

Qatar Airways Reviews

187 Qatar Airways Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I booked a trip from Singapore to Paris on the 10th October. For a started, QATAR airways have arranged for layovers of about 1 hr 20 mins. For a started, this is like gambling. Surprise surprise, we were delayed for an hour in Singapore. I ended up shelling out a bomb to change my non Qatar onwards flight from Paris to Manchester as the air stewardess advised me that I will no doubt miss my Doha - Paris flight. We landed in Doha with 15 mins to spare. Again, QATAR thought it will be fun to make all business class passengers with connecting flight run. Just to set the context, I am traveling with my parents, both above the age of 70. To run across the Doha Airport at top speed is like playing with the Russian Roulette of life and death.

When we got on the plane, they inform us that the fate of our luggage is uncertain. True to behold, when we landed, our luggage were nowhere to be seen. It will only be arriving at a later flight. I am now typing this from McDonald's at CDG airport as I had to while my life away. What I fail to understand is that why would Qatar think that business class passengers are ok without their bags? I paid extra for premium to make traveling an ease for my parents. It turns out to be a combination of marathon and hell. It was a lot of angst that is absolutely unnecessary, coupled with the additional dent in my wallet. Rest assure, post this review, my next project will be a complain letter to Qatar.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

My husband and I have been pleased with Qatar's level of service until our most recent flight on QR702 out of JFK on September 25, 2018, when we experienced miserable conditions while sitting on the tarmac for almost 4 hours. Our flight was scheduled to depart at 2100 but we sat on the tarmac until 2330, and we finally were in the air at midnight. When we first boarded the plane at around 2030, we were struck with the intense heat and stagnant air that did not abate until we pushed back from the gate and were in the air.

No explanation was given for either the delay or the intense heat. The captain failed to take command of the situation and failed to adequately inform the flight attendants and passengers as to reasons for the delay and the heat. Less than hourly, he mumbled over the intercom something incomprehensible about problems with “sequencing” and “we apologize for any inconvenience.” We could not understand his mumbled, slurred speech and were outraged that he failed to acknowledge the intense heat or our miserable conditions.

Although we did not have a thermometer, the heat felt like 38 celsius. I became nauseated and ill with the stagnant hot air as I, like the passengers around me, tried to fan the hot air with magazines. Everyone became quite agitated and restless, and I felt sorry for the attendants who were trying their best to control an escalating situation. The attendants finally passed cool water at 2200 and one little cookie, so the passenger in front of me said, “You think throwing us one little cookie will appease us, like dogs?”

According to the US Department of Transportation, Aviation Consumer Protection, federal regulations e-CFR, (Electronic Code of Federal Regulations), Title 14: Aeronautics and Space, Part 259 - “Enhanced protections for airline passengers” section 259.4, requires that “covered airlines” which Qatar is, have a “contingency plan for lengthy tarmac delays”. As part of this plan, airlines are required to provide comfortable temperatures during the delay and are to provide updates every 30 minutes as to reasons for the delay. These actions did not occur. FEC guidelines also state that the airline shall provide “adequate food and potable water” which did not occur, considering the extreme heat. Airlines are required to detail, in the contingency plan, actions taken to “minimize hardship for passengers”. Qatar did not meet its stated goal of “commitment to service” and failed to ensure a comfortable experience on board.

In addition, when we got to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport, we could not find one of our 4 checked bags and almost missed our flight to Chiang Rai due to filing a claim for lost baggage. After we filed the claim, the attendant at the Baggage Claim area checked the “oversize luggage” area and found our bag, which had been placed in error in the oversize category, as the overall perimeter did not exceed the 62-inch maximum. We have used this bag to fly Qatar on multiple occasions and were never informed that it was oversize. We were given no advance notification that the bag had been placed in this category, causing us additional hardship. I wrote a formal complaint letter to Qatar and requested compensation but received the standard apology for "any inconvenience" and an insistence that they were exempt from "compensatory obligation."

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I am very disappointed with Qatar Airways. I and my family traveled to Tanzania this summer via Doha. We had an overnight layover in Doha. We booked a hotel to spend a night and see the beautiful city of Doha and its museums full of rich Arabic history. My 12 years old was very excited. Prior to leaving I called the airline requesting information on visa requirements for the American citizen and a Tanzanian citizen. I was told you can purchase visa at the airport for 50 dollars each. However, when leaving Washington Dulles Airport, the staff advised me, I will be the only one requiring a visa to enter Qatar. My husband and son as Tanzanian citizens did not require visas. This information is totally wrong. American citizens do not require visa to enter Qatar. But Tanzanian citizens require visas to enter Qatar.

Upon arrival at Doha International airport, we were not allowed to purchase the individual visa for 50 dollars. We were forced to purchase visas that includes food, transportation and lodging in their hotel for 125 dollars for my husband and my son for the total of 250 dollars. The problem was we had already booked a hotel for 60 dollars. Because of the short notice we were not refunded for the hotel booking.

I as an American citizen did not need a visa to leave the airport. Nevertheless, I was charged an additional 30 dollars to share a room with my family. We arrived at DOHA airport at 4:00 pm. By the time we left the airport, it was 8:30 pm too late to see the city. Quite frankly it was a waste of over 300 dollars. On our way back, they left 3 of our suitcases, and we did not get them until 2 days later. The service sucks, misinformation, and lack of simple company's knowledge on the part of their staff is frightening. This was the first time to use the Qatar Airlines and definitely will be the last one.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Airline charged twice. Once from my credit card when I booked my ticket and then as a Guarantee payment when I boarded my return flight. I have all the proofs for my payments. I called the bank and Qatar airlines multiple times. No use, I still didn't get my money. It has been more than 3 months now. Now I am hiring an Attorney to get my refund. How can I let go $1529?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

The amount of small hand bags one can carry varies from COUNTRY TO COUNTRY! One never knows what surprises will emerge when you get to the counter. On HK - Doha route I was allowed 4 pieces. Romania - Doha instead... only 1... last time I traveled. However my first journey Romania - Doha they allowed me 3. IT'S RIDICULOUS! They have no structure, no common sense. (Since they don't even allow a laptop bag. WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND HOW USEFUL A LAPTOP BAG IS?) And they can't keep their story straight either. Qatar sucks. NEVER TRAVELLING WITH THEM AGAIN! #IsupportCommonSense

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Qatar Airways?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Taxi strike in Barcelona caused a lot of unforeseen circumstances resulting in me missing my flight to Australia via Doha. After traveling Europe ready for home I was devastated. Also flying to Europe isn't cheap last minute in summer let alone paying twice. Knowing how much I just wanted to go home, wasn't late due to carelessness or lack of trying, stranded I just wanted to have an exit plan and know I had a flight booked.

Tired after a night in the airport feeling completely deflated I was so happy when my mind was put to rest by such outstanding service by the Qatar ticketing office. It wasn't just that she booked me another flight but honestly my last 12 months has been hard, with whatever could go wrong actually did. Missing my flight, a night at the airport feeling sad and sorry for myseIf I was completely overwhelmed. Her mannerism, the seemingly lack of effort and helpfulness made all the difference to my worries on the day. She helped me without making me feel like she was too busy, I was putting her out and/or it wasn't her problem.

I had trouble trying to book a flight whilst online at the airport so spoke to the only ticketing office open that night. In 5 mins he made me feel 10 times worse and more upset about my situation plus not helpful at all. I felt like I was getting lectured about flight departures, what I should/shouldn't do whilst traveling then the way I should've gone to the airport because it would've been quicker (I thought a booked taxi would get me there quickest? And once I'm at the airport it's too late to be told how I should get there). All I wanted was to book a ticket or hear availability info. I travel overseas frequently, always early, never miss flights. A Customer Service Officer should not make you feel worse.

Not wanting to talk to another ticketing office but still having trouble online the next day I needed to. In 10 mins I felt so relieved and reminded good customer service still exists thanks to Qatar staff in Barcelona. Qatar information desk in Doha airport was also flawless. After serving a line of travelers their flight information (some flights weren't on the board, mine included) the gentleman was so friendly, came across not only happy to help but also actually wanting to.

Paranoid after already missing a flight, no gate number on my boarding pass, couldn't find my flight on the board and then lining up I was so scared and stressed I had no flight home. Don't know if he saw how stressed I was but in 2mins before even being told which gate I needed I was put at ease. A smile and a couple of pleasantries allowed me to breathe and relax. Asked "how are you tonight" and "anything I can do to help you, I will" by someone sounding genuine makes a huge difference. Whatever the issue someone wants to help fix it or at least empathizes. Customer Service is lacking everywhere these days, most don't even try to hide the fact they don't care or can't be bothered.

The staff at Qatar have been outstanding and should be commended. My second time flying with them and will definitely continue to. They have competitive prices, comfortable flight services and facilities but mostly for customer service. I will always remember and be grateful for how much they relieved my worry and stress. To me that was priceless. Only negative is that I arrived back in Australia but my luggage didn't. They said it will couriered to my house when it arrives. I'm safely home so at the moment I'm not bothered.

Original review: July 19, 2018

My parents were traveling to Doha - Nepal from DFW and we had a terrible experience in check in counter at DFW. The arrogant female employee was checking us in. Asked us to put our carry on in the weighing belt and it was 3 kg overweight and I told her we are 2 passenger travelling and we only have 1 carry on and extra empty carry on bag to move our extra stuff in and she said we have to move aside while we do that and we were ok with it. After everything was done we asked her to check us in but she told us that we have to go back to the line again, I told her we were already in line for 2 hours and it will be another 2 hours as the line was too long. Why can't she just check us in. But she was rude and didn't even gave us chance to talk and when I told her my parents are old and they cannot rush to the gate, if we are late and then this terrible lady said that she doesn't care about that and she is not there to care about such things.

I even asked to call the manager. She refused and told us that I have to go look for the manager. She wasn't trying to work with us at all, she was acting like she was doing us a favor by checking our bags in and that was ridiculous. We pay so much for our ticket and she has nothing to do with it, all she have to do is do a better job, she is a employee, she is not doing us any favor to treat a passenger like that and Qatar airlines management should teach their employees a better customer service. These employees at DFW check in counter specially female employee needs to learn to be humble and respectful and learn to give a good customer service. Customers are treated with such a disrespectful and arrogant behavior. We are all people and no one should be treated disrespectfully period.

Original review: July 18, 2018

On 7/13 my fiance was leaving Sudan to come home. He was there early as he was directed. When he go to check in they told him he missed getting a stamp that he was charged $600 for. He went got it and came back. When he got back to the check in counter the lady closed it even though the sign beside him said he still had 10 minutes. She refused to finish checking him in. No one would explain anything to him. I was on the phone with him. I informed him to ask for a supervisor. The supervisor walked up to him said nothing. I said, "Maybe he doesn't speak your language. Ask him if he will talk to me." He did, the supervisor said NO in English and slammed the office door in his face.

I called the airline because there was still an hour until the flight was to leave to try for help. NO ONE could help while my fiance sat at the airport for more hours trying to get help. They said they would investigate and get back to me. 5 calls Friday I made then 4 on Saturday and 4 on Sunday trying to get answers. On Monday I called and was told that emails from Sudan branch of Qatar Airways said he was late that he didn't arrive until 25 minutes after they closed. This is incorrect.... I have call logs from when he was still early him talking to me and us trying to get an explanation. I was on the phone with my travel agent well before the time they are saying AND I was on the PHONE WITH THE AIRLINE before they time they are saying.

They want him to buy another ticket. It took us 6 years to save up what we did to get his passport and money to visit his family. We do not have money to "just buy another ticket". It is now 6 days later. I can get no answers no help. He is trapped in Sudan with now no money and no way home. This airline needs shut down!!! I am beyond furious!!!

Original review: July 17, 2018

The experience with this airline has been the worst I've ever had when traveling International, and it started from the check in at DFW airport where they make you wait for hours in line to only keep you waiting even more to verify your credit card for such reservation, so disorganize. The flight attendants are the only organize and professional staff in this experience so far. When I bought my ticket from Dallas to Turkey and back, they offer me hotel in Qatar for a 21 hours layover going and hotel on my way back again in Qatar for an 8 hours layover. But when I was coming back from Turkey the first issue was they did not make me take my bag pack as my personal item. I told them I did carry it before when entering so why it's different now. They told me that the policy had change so I cannot carry my bag pack.

Then after that I arrive in Qatar to request my hotel for my layover time and they told me I was not qualified for it because the airlines arrive too early, come on like if that's my problem they change schedule, so then I ask them what do I suppose to do here waiting on this airport 10 hours and then another 16 hours on the airplane. It's inhuman to even think a customer shall be held up so long without a place to rest, and then the manager told them he can only give a coupon for food, like if a burger can hold me 26 hours. It was ridiculous.

Also in Qatar you cannot use dollars on the airport to buy anything or at the hotel is crazy how they don't even have signs saying to change your money before sitting down to order food. And don't even talk about the weather that's another story. Oh by the way it's almost impossible to write a comment on this airlines. They ask a million questions, make sure you have a computer and please share your comments this airline is a disgrace to people who travel for so many hours. 0 customer service.

Original review: June 28, 2018

About six months ago I helped my mom to check in for a flight to overseas. The people at the counter, specifically the female workers, were rough, disrespectful, impolite, and aggressive. When I politely asked for the manager, they refused to page him. When he came, he appeared to be afraid of the female employees. I went online to leave a review. I registered. I was directed by email to wait for verification. It's been six months. I had another family member flying Qatar Airways to overseas. The same disrespectful behavior was observed and I found this site. My family members will no longer use Qatar airlines. Civility is a must in business. We are all human beings and we have to be treated with grace and courtesy.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I bought 4 expensive business class tickets from Qatar Airlines. The reference numbers are ** and **. My son’s original return travel date from Chennai to Atlanta was on 28th May 2018. Due to the health issue he could not travel on 28th May 2018 so on May 27, 2018, I changed his travel date to 5th June 2018 and paid the change fee of $1036.00 to the JustFly.Com. Qatar airlines did issue the updated ticket with 5th June 2018 return travel date. My credit card statement shows $150.00 was paid to the JustFly.com and $886.00 was paid to Qatar airlines for this change of travel date (total is $1036.00).

The flight from Chennai was on 5th June 2018 at 3:30 am. My son went to the airport at 12:00 am. He was the first business class passenger who was attended by Qatar associate who handles the business class customers. He was told by Qatar associate that his ticket was canceled by JustFly.com on 5th June so he is not allowed to travel. He received filthy service from Qatar agents at the check-in counter. My son contacted me and then I contacted the JustFly.Com. I was put on hold by JustFly.com for 30 to 70 minutes and my call was terminated multiple times. I did contact Qatar airlines and I was told by Qatar customer service that I need to work with JustFly.com.

I spend more than 4 hours with the JustFly.com and Qatar airlines between 12:00 am and 5:30 am on 5th June 2018 (India time). In the meantime, Qatar associate at the Chennai airport informed my son that he needs to resolve the issue and then come back with new ticket. Finally, the JustFly.com support person informed me that Qatar Airlines customer service line is closed and our issue was sent to Qatar Airlines headquarters in Doha and advised me to contact JustFly.com again at 4:30 pm. (India time) so that they can work with Qatar airlines and resolve this issue.

I contacted the JustFly.com again at 4:30 pm on 5th June and stayed on calls with multiple customer support persons for another 2.30 hours. JustFly.com claimed that they have been working with Qatar airlines to resolve the problem. Finally, the JustFly.com associate asked me around $2800.00 for changing the ticket to 6th June 2018. I refused to go with that option and I contacted Qatar customer support, reported this problem and paid another $795.00 directly to Qatar airlines for the 6th June travel and my son traveled on 6th June 2018.

Qatar airline did charged my credit card for the change of travel ticket from 28th May to 5th June. Qatar airline did send the email with the new travel ticket for the 5th June travel. Qatar airline did send the email about the seat change for the 5th June travel date. Qatar airline did send the email about the meal change during the 5th June travel date. There was NO email from Qatar airline about any cancellation done by JustFly.com. Qatar airline never notified the customer prior to my son's arrival at the airport on 5th June at 12:00 noon.

Qatar Airlines did not help my son to travel as per the paid ticket issued by Qatar Airlines. JustFly.com claims they did not cancel it was Qatar Airline who messed up the travel. I contacted Qatar Airlines customer service via telephone and email but they are not compensating for this horrible experience. Qatar Airlines should be ashamed of treating their Business Class Customer who paid over $4500 for this trip!

Original review: May 29, 2018

Qatar Airways damaged my wife wheelchair. Here I wanna claim about this time wheelchair situation. Here is the situation which can be proven by email contents. I told Qatar Airways that I am an amateur about wheelchair thus I wanted them to contact to the wheelchair company, Motivation. The company, Motivation checked my wife’s wheelchair directly and they told Qatar Airways that backseat, screws, and push handles. Qatar Airways sent me that they are gonna order backseat, screws and push handles and for that they wanted me to confirm about the order. I confirmed about the contents and I waited for the parts. After I received the email, next day, Qatar Airways called me. The content was that they wanted to close the case by 1600 usd. And now, Qatar Airways suggest us to close this case by 2600 usd and give you my wife’s wheelchair.

Here is my claim. I have gotten the final confirmation which is based on discussion between wheelchair company and Qatar Airways. Thus I want you to do the same as you confirmed BUT NOT the money 2600 usd. Because Qatar Airways already has confirmed about the contents and they gave me even last confirmation. Not to mention I agreed about the final confirmation. But now, the topic is switched to the money, 2600 usd. I wanna say once again, they confirmed once and I have the email from Qatar Airways. What I wanna have is not the money but the wheelchair because for my wife, the wheelchair is legs.

Even if I receive the 2600 USD, if we cannot have the wheelchair itself, our life will be dramatically changed. Moreover, because of broken wheelchair, my wife is scared to go outside even now. Even after 17 days trip, the situation is not solved yet though you confirmed about the contents once. As a big company, I think you have the responsibility about what you have mentioned through documents. Between Qatar Airways and insurance company of yours contract is nothing to do with I and my wife situation. They confirmed once so I want them to accomplish what you promised with us. I remember that on airplane, Qatar Airways ask passengers to donate money for the poor or disdainful kids in the world.

But on the other hand, though they broke the wheelchair, you don’t care about my wife, wheelchair user. What we want is wheelchair itself and they confirmed about the contents. If we cannot have the wheelchair, she cannot go out and have to stay in the house. Her hands doesn’t work as normal people. The power is only 60 to 70%. She cannot push normal wheelchair beside what she has. She has been living in the house for 7 years and didn’t go out at all. She shut the curtain and didn’t see sunlight. If she cannot have the wheelchair, it means she will have similar situation as she had before. For her, it is really big decision to use airplane by thinking of her past as I explained.

They broke her legs, and she is forced to stay in the house now. Even if we receive 2600 usd, if we can't buy the wheelchair, it is nonsense. They threaten her life now. Please understand this. I feel anger, sadness and exhaustion through this trip because of their no-understanding. Btw the wheelchair my wife uses is not on sale anymore. So we cannot buy the same model anymore. I want them to think what they confirmed and what they did to my wife till now.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I travelled from Canada to India and then back to Canada. Had a return flight from Amritsar, India from Sri Guru Ram Dass Airport Amritsar, though not sure if it was airline policy or the airport but my trip turned into the nightmare. I was told at the airport that Qatar Airways does not allow you to carry laptop bag with you and I was travelling for business to India so had 1 personal laptop and my office laptop. They told me, "If you wanted to travel with laptop then you should have picked another airline than QATAR Airways." My bags were locked at the security as that's what they do at the airport and they asked me to get the locks removed and, "Move your laptop to check in baggage else pay extra for a bag and we will move your laptop bag as check in bag."

I did not want my laptop bags to be damaged so I decided to move them to the check in bag but then my check in bags were over the limit. They kept juggling me to airport security to unlock, move the stuff and lock the bags again as they don't accept until the bags are locked 5 times and in the end I was so furious that I gave up and I asked them to charge for extra luggage which they said would be USD70. When I gave USD70 they said, "We cannot take USD. You have to get converted in local currency first," which I believe they had an arrangement with as they converted USD100 for USD70 equivalent in local currency. So I would suggest travellers beware if you travelling through Qatar Airways or check their policy for laptop bags or don't ever travel from Sri Guru Ram Dass Airport Amritsar, India.

Original review: May 21, 2018

A hideous experience with Qatar Airways, accompanied with my family. I arrived to the check in gate 70 minutes before the departure time of my flight to Sao Paulo, the crew (two ladies) was about to leave their positions even-though the airline ads at the airports assure that it's ok to catch up till 60 minutes before the departure time. The lady there told us that the time has finished!!! I assured her that she could do something since there is enough time, and inform the gate, the lady misleaded me at the airport pointing at a desktop corner for the MEA (Middle East Airlines) claiming that they could inform the gate, following her instructions I headed there to get a reply that, "How could that lady tell such lies, get back to her cause she is the sole responsible to get you in".

I get back to find out that she has left her position, I headed to their office which is available at the reception side of the airport, it was closed, waited till reopened. While we were full of hope to catch the next flight, the crew at the office (three men) reported that we have no working lady at the check in gate!!! Telling them that I have no reason to lie about it, they assured that I have no solution but to wait for their ticket selling office in Beirut to help till the next day, heading there and despite of what was told, they offered a business class upgrade to the reservation since it's a "high season" and that would be resolved in paying 2800$ to take the flight of the same day. I replied that it's unreasonable to punish passengers like that and it's total weird from a highly profiled company.

They suggested that the sole choice then would be paying 1460$ in economy class as being a "no show and a rebooking for another date". I tried to complain in ADOUHA, the sole response was claims should be done through emails only. A "take care officer" who is supposed to help, mailed back that investigating the case. I arrived 40 minutes before departure not 70! Now I'll sue that phony show off company.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Platinum member: Using Qmiles: I have only flyed business class with Qatar Airlines since I became a member two years ago. I used to do one international flight almost every six weeks with them. I have tried more than 15 times, since April 2018, to book a business class air ticket with my accumulated miles, but unsuccessfully so. Every single time, I either get a “Timed Out” or “an error occurred during the processing” error message and my booking can’t be completed. I have raised this with the complaints department of Qatar over the last month (one of my ref numbers: **) on several occasions with proof of the errors, with zero response to date. I will never book any flights on Qatar ever again. Their Qmiles program is clearly a scam.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Traveling from Harare, Zimbabwe to Erbil, Kurdistan with 2 stopovers in Joburg and Doha, I was refused boarding and my luggage was removed from plane in Joburg on the grounds that I had no visa for the destination. 0.39 seconds of using google shows that I don’t require one... ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR UK NATIONALS. A passport valid for at least six months beyond the period of intended stay, and a visa, are required to enter Iraq. Holders of British passports endorsed British Citizen can obtain a visa on arrival at Erbil or Sulaymaniyah Airports for a maximum stay of 30 days. They advised me to return the next day (14 hours later). At the appointed hour, I was informed that indeed I was wrongfully removed from the airplane and offered a choice of where I’d like to spend a further 8 hours: OR Tambo or Hamad international.

What I wasn’t offered was a room, a drink/food voucher, an upgrade to 1st class, or even some complimentary air miles or even free internet usage (internet vouchers were on sale for $10!!!). In total I arrived at my destination 24 hours later than expected. On the website, they claim to welcome feedback and I outlined the ordeal with the original itinerary attached. Their response (10 days after the event) was even more outrageous: -

“Please be advised that it is customers sole responsibility to ensure they have the correct documents and visas for their transit and final destination. Qatar Airways assumes no liability for your failure to do so. Therefore, upon getting the Ok To Board approval the next day our Johannesburg team contacted you and rebooked you on your preferable flights to Erbil free of changes. Further to your concern, please note that in such cases, no compensation or complimentary upgrade could be provided by our airport team. We seek your kind understating on the same. We appreciate the time you have taken to write to us and the opportunity to respond.”

They neglected to mention that “it is the customer’s sole responsibility” to ensure that the airline’s personnel are aware of what the “correct documents and visas for their transit and final destination” actually are. A highly regrettable experience considering that I have flown this route with them on numerous occasions since 2015 on the very same passport that I used on this occasion. A total lack of culpability...

Original review: April 12, 2018

When I took the flight from Trivandrum to New York on 07/09/17, I was informed at the counter that I am not allowed carry the hand baggage for my infant (10 Kg) due to new policy. I was not informed with this policy change through email or I couldn't see this policy change details in Qatar Airways website. I had to throw off my baggage and took the flight back to end my vacation in horrible manner. I did a call to Qatar Airways today morning again to confirm whether this is a policy change but the representative herself couldn't confirm the baggage allowances for the infants. And that was the last time I used Qatar Airways.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I flew 1st of Jan 2018, from Atlanta to Lahore. When I get Lahore and had one of my booked baggage was missing. Did report for when I received it after 25 days. Was damaged. They did not give me any compensation. Most of my stuff got broken. Complained several time no success.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I would like to complain about the bad experience which I have to face at Hamad International Airport on 22nd of March, 2018. My e-ticket number is ** with a confirmed ticket and seats numbers. I used to travel with Emirates Airline and never had any problem and I am also a member of their Skywards, frequent traveller programme, (membership no. Is **). The point is I prefer Qatar Airways over Emirates but now I regret my decision and would not use it again. I have travelled on 19th of March from London Heathrow to Lahore, Pakistan and took the advantage of visa-free entry at Doha. I stayed 3 days in Doha and had a good time. But that good time washed away and got panic when I reached the Hamad International Airport on 22nd of March to complete my remaining part of the Journey via flight number QR 628. I reached the Airport 2.30 hours early.

When I reached the counter the lady at the counter told me that there is no seat available in this Flight. I just shocked and told her that my ticket and flight is confirmed and I have a seat number issued which was 18H. I have tried to convince her that my seat is confirmed and I should not face this situation. Finally she took me another counter and where I met a Young Chap who tried from the system and told me that flight is overbooked and there is no seat available for me. He can adjust me another flight tomorrow on 23 of March. Which I refused. He asked me to wait in front of the desk and will try to find the seat for me. At Round 01.30 am, Another young guy called me and told me the same thing that I cannot travel on this flight (His name is Younus and quote me this number **).

I had a detailed argument with him and told me that the flight is overbooked and he clearly said that Qatar Airways deliberately overbooked the flight and even though my seat is confirmed, it’s not possible to travel with particular flight and again offer me next day flight. He also mentioned that as I did not check in online so Qatar Airways can refuse me to offer a seat in case the Flight is overbooked. I told him that I am on Holidays and it was not possible for me to go your website and perform online check-in. Finally, 20 minutes before closing the gate he called me again and gave me the news that I am Lucky and he manage to get a seat for me, the seat number was 31A. I was not expecting this kind of service from the Top airline and want answers that how it happened that a confirmed ticket and seat holder can be denied from flight.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I was traveling from Hyderabad to Doha on 21 Mar 2018 and the flight was scheduled to depart at 3.10 but it was delayed for about 2 hours in Hyderabad airport with airline stand still. Upon asking about the reason, it was stated that some technical issues. All the passengers were feeling uncomfortable as the air conditioning was also not working. Many old persons and infants were in horrible state. To worsen the situation cabin crew could not even provide enough of water. It was very disappointing journey. I'll never opt for this airline in the future.

Original review: March 17, 2018

This company is maybe the worst of all airline companies. On a flight Istanbul- Doha- Osaka, I checked in a 23 kg luggage with 3 sport equipment items. On arrival in Doha, I changed to my Osaka flight and just minutes before departure, I was escorted out of the airplane with police, to their luggage check counter. There, the airport authorities proceeded to inspect my luggage and only retrieved 2 sport items. I immediately showed them my ticket and asked about the 3rd item, to which the airport security and the airline company had absolutely no answer and they told me I can go, like it doesnt really matter that a client have just lost item, checked in the previous airport.

Anyway, at that point my Osaka flight was gone. The best they could do was bump me into another flight to Hong Kong after 8 hours (so I will be effectively losing 24 hours of my time) and then to Osaka. I request to speak with the manager and insist to be compensated, which is kind of his job (to deal with that kind of situations) and I give to him an example with Lufthansa and even China Eastern, who on similar ocasions, upgraded my next flight to business class and gave me free vouchers for food and drinks in the airport lounge.

His answer: "We don't do that in this company". No **. Next thing that happened was a huge scandal. I had to fight with him for an hour to finally get a lounge coupon for a coffee and some breakfast! On arrival in Hong Kong, I accounted for the story to the local Qatar Airways staff and they couldnt believe I was treated that way. My luggage still lost though. Anyway, 4 years later, my lawyer still cannot reach Qatar Airways through their official channels (faxes are switched off, mail address is for an airport tower in the middle of the desert, their email addresses are acting like black holes). And of course, I happened to read plenty on the recruitment they are running at QA. Apparently, all the Doha airport staff are ex construction workers, with zero experience in customer service. Even their vice president has a CV, listing as his biggest professional achievement before landing the VP job... been a clown in Toys R Us... and I'm not making this up!

Original review: March 2, 2018

I flew from Durban to Helsinki on the 1st of March 2018 at 18:25 via Doha. The flight number was QR 1368 and QR 301. I checked in my luggage at counter 40 in Durban, South Africa. The lady at the counter was not at all friendly and had a very bad attitude. On seeing my Indian passport without even knowing where I was going to, she just was asked if I am going back to India? Such type of silly questions is not needed at all. I had a 2.5 year old daughter and had a nap and the milk bottle container bag. We did ask about the nappy baggage and I was not told anything about the excess luggage when we were checking in. When I went to the boarding gate the same lady was at the boarding gate. I had my thermal shoes and my thermal wear in a gift paper bag and some homemade food items. This lady stopped me and told me that I can't take the gift items and the nappy bag as it was excess.

The reason she was giving me that the child is more than 2 years old and the nappy baggage is not allowed. This reason is so stupid, how can the child stop using nappies and stop drinking milk at 2? I agreed to leave the excess baggage and suggested that we will wear the winter shoes as I needed them in Helsinki due to the very cold weather, even then I was not allowed to do that, she was just kept on repeating that she has to offload my luggage if I do not leave the excess baggage. I was given the chance to either take the nappy baggage or one of the tagged hand luggage. I had no choice and I have to leave the tagged hand luggage. I had some valuable items in that bag, but I was not even allowed to take it out. The staff at the boarding gate were just arguing with me talking about the rules without even considering about my baby.

I had to leave my winter shoes and my kids winter clothes and thermal wear and had to land in Helsinki without it. It costed me a fortune to buy all the things again. With some kind consideration of the Qatar staff, allowing to wear my shoes I could have saved a lot of money. I never expected such a rude behavior from the Qatar staff. Unfortunately I did not note down the lady's name. I strongly ask you to investigate and look into this matter. I do not want any other passenger with kids to go through the same mental pain again. I have traveled to Europe by other airlines but this was the first time by Qatar and I had a very bad experience. Thanks and kind regards.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I recently flew from Washington, D.C. to Kolkata, India via Doha by Qatar Airways. The in-flight service is pretty horrendous. Some crew were extremely impolite. I wish I had not had a stop over in Doha. I strongly discourage people from flying with this airline!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

We have purchased a $1000 more expensive ticket than from other airlines just to get a shorter flight time. Our flight from Melbourne was delayed by 3 hours and we missed our connecting flight. When we asked for compensation they have offered $200 travel credit. When we paid around $2000 more for our tickets than other airlines offered this was an insulting offer. Not to say we lost our rental car booking and the loss of time that we couldn’t spent with our family. Our flight time was 50 hours in total to Europe from Melbourne. On the way back we had another delay on the top of this. The customer service team was really unhelpful, so I don’t recommend this airline to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

One of the worst flight experiences — Rating (D+/1.5*). After rebooking my flight (as original flight was delayed over 8 hours and we were all stranded outside the ATQ airport in extremely cold climate for hours with no intimation as to what the next steps were or how long the flight was delayed for), the check-in process was extremely cumbersome and the staff unhelpful and nasty at times. I wasn’t allowed to take my carry-on trolley with me because the staff at ATQ said it was “overweight” and had to check it in, all the while seeing passengers with 2-3 bags in the economy section of my flights. Again, the discrepancy in the treatment of passengers and incompetence of the staff at ATQ Airport is beyond belief. They were extremely rude and unhelpful as well.

The flight from ATQ to Doha is close to 4.5 hours and there were no individualized screens or USB ports to charge phones or anything. Welcome to pre-historic times with Qatar Airways. It’s ok to not have these facilities for a short flight of up to an hour but anything longer than that usually have these facilities. One is forced to pay additional money while at the Doha Airport to use a lounge (especially if you have a long halt) since there isn’t much to do at the airport. The almost 14 hour flight from Doha — NYC was one of the worst experiences of my life. The seats were extremely tight with no leg room, there were no foot-rests to elevate feet during flight (as a result my feet are swollen and in pain), and flight crew was not helpful.

In flight “meal preference” and “special meal request” are two separate things that apparently the flight crew didn’t know about. This has never happened to me before on any other flight where based on my “meal preference” I am forced to eat something that I didn’t want. “Meal preference” is just a general meal preference and not set in stone while “special meal request” is more of a set in stone meal liking based on special dietary restrictions, etc. This was almost an absurd experience to say the least. I communicated about my issues with the customer service team and they were extremely rude and unwilling to accept any responsibility on their end. All in all, I would say I am extremely disappointed since my expectations were raised quite a bit with all the “marketing and promotion” they have done for themselves being one of the best Airways.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I booked my round trip ticket from USA going abroad for my family. I confirmed reservation, chose seats, and chose meal preferences. Then 2 weeks before my travel, I noticed that my return trip information was missing. I called Qatar, and they said they don't know and cant help me. I called Chase Travel services (who I booked the reservations through), and they could not get any answers from Qatar. Qatar was pointing fingers at everyone else except themselves. They did not want to take responsibility. If I had not checked, My family and I could have flown out of the country, and not had a return flight back to the US. Please check your itinerary carefully before travel. They claim to be the worlds best airline but that is their claim - no one nominated or awarded them. It's sad to see them use this type of deceitful marketing.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

We were flying from Doha to Canada via London. We took a Qatar Airways flight from Doha to London, and a British Airways flight from London to Toronto. The flight to Toronto got delayed 1hr roughly; we actually enjoyed our time at Heathrow airport so we didn't mind. I had read somewhere that Qatar Airways was the best airline in the world and we were clearly not disappointed. First off, Hamad International Airport is one of the best airports I've been to, with Changi airport in Singapore. The check in process is very efficient but maybe we got lucky because there was no queue. Cabin crew was very attentive and we really felt they enjoyed their work. The plane was not full though so maybe that's why we got so much attention. I skipped the meals so can't comment on the food. The entertainment system was on par with top airlines with a wide variety of TV series and movies. I wish there was a direct flight to Toronto!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I was flying from Bangkok to Doha on Qatar Airways. I had done my check-in online but arrived late at the airport due to traffic congestion, and to be honest, heading to the airport far too late. When I arrived at the airport, the gate was already closed. I ask someone how to check in and, luckily, the person I randomly asked it to happened to be a Qatar Airways staff. She let me know exactly where to go in order to get my plane on time. While she could have stopped there, she went the extra mile, called her colleagues at the gate and accompanied me through the immigration. Needless to say I was the last person on board but, thanks to that person, I avoided missing the plane. The experience on board was consistent to what I expected: comfy seats, lots of space and a friendly staff.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I was offered to upgrade our tickets at the check in. I paid extra 450 Euros for upgrade and it was the worst thing I ever done, Qatar Airways no longer give good service as they trying to cost cutting. I would have fly with Fly Dubai for much cheaper and a great service. They are menu items was not available as they only had few meals left, we had to choose different item in the menu. Not even body lotion in the business class flight, seat was broken. Flight supervisor was horrible service. I would never fly with Qatar Airways anymore. Forget it!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I booked a flight in economy class from Doha to Paris and a few days before the trip, I received an email to upgrade my flight, so I decided to indulge myself with a trip in business class, considering the flight was overnight. Also, at around $500 the upgrade, it worked out to be cheaper than if I had bought the business class ticket to start with. I did not try out the airport lounge so all my experience is based on the flight. The goodies that you get are great: a pajama, nice toiletries with premium products, and great choice of food. The service was excellent and very attentive. The food was tasty and well presented.

Only regret: I wish the flight was longer:) I had asked to be woken up before the landing phase for the breakfast but I slept so well that the cabin crew couldn't wake me up (The seat itself was very spacious and comfortable, and I didn't get anybody next to me). I woke up around 30 mins before landing and although I didn't have time for a full breakfast, the cabin crew staff was courteous enough to offer a quick breakfast which I finished in 5 mins.

Qatar Airways Company Information