2. Travel

Qatar Airways Reviews

Qatar Airways
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.41/5

Qatar Airways Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Qatar Airways?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Qatar Airways?

Original review: March 21, 2020

It is, by far, the best airline I've flown in the past 20 years. Real good, real silverware, attentive flight attendants, high technology planes, and very comfortable seats, even in economy. One thing that might take some getting used to is the attention to allowing Muslims to pray in their seat. Nonetheless, they do serve alcohol on the flight.

Original review: March 12, 2020

I would like to share my experience of travelling with Qatar Airways from Houston to Doha on February 20, 2020. I have been flying with Qatar Airways for many years now, never had an experience which I had this time. I was on the aisle seat and the guy next to me asked for the whisky and Beer when asked by flight attendant for drinks shortly after take-off. He was delightfully obliged. After an hour or so, lunch was served, and the guy again asked for whisky and Beer and was again given both. After finishing lunch flight attendant again asked for any more drinks and the guy asked for Beer. This was the third can of Beer he was given in a span of 2-3 hours along with 2 glasses of whisky. The guy was now fully drunk and started behaving weird and became very restless. He started disturbing me on side and the other passenger on the window side.

The guy on the window side complained to flight attendant about the behavior of this guy and the attendant moved the complainant to another seat. I also complained the attendant to be moved away from the drunk guy but the attendant said there is no other vacant seat available in the plane and asked me to request the drunk guy to move away from the middle seat to the window seat vacated by other passenger. The drunk guy moved to the window seat but still very restless and disturbing me and I spend the rest of my 16 hour long journey under a constant threat from the drunk guy. My question is, do we have a policy in airlines, how much alcohol can be served to passengers to avoid the unpleasant events happened to me or the other passengers in the flight. The flight attendant could have avoided this kind of incident if she has not served the amount of alcohol guy was served.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

I flew Qatar from Jhg to USA instead of Emirates like I did last visit. Really enjoyed qatar except I felt they were not so generous on snacks and all. I didn't mind though. Toilets were generally super clean. Which is a major issue for me I public toilets. I think I will continue to fly Qatar.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I just received my three children who went to Tanzania, as explorers and adventurers. They decided to travel back as unaccompanied minors. As parents We reluctantly agreed. Today after I received them from flight attendant, we hugged and kissed, and they told us "No more travelling with parents, We are ready to travel anywhere around the world with QATAR AIRWAYS" by ourselves, They have treated so special, "Dad, we felt like kings and queens in movies". We firstly wondered if there could be anyone out there who can possibly love and treat our children better than us. Upon digesting, I realized that "I'm obliged, I owe Qatar Airways, They have touched our family hearts in a special way." Thank QATAR AIRWAYS, LONG LIVE.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2020

I have booked a ticket and then was refused boarding due to COVID rules which were never communicated to me in advance. I have lost time, money and effort. They have refunded money back, BUT! After 10 days removed it again from my credit card! So, they keep your credit card details and then use them whenever they feel like to remove it later from your account. Beware which card you are using to book tickets.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

It's sad Qatar Airways to advertise all awards winning every year but their customer service to be so inadequate and rude. I was planning to fly from Athens to South Korea but Qatar Airways denied boarding because according to them I didn't have correct documents to fly. When I contacted Korea immigration office and local Embassy they confirmed me that my documents were fine and Qatar wrongly denied boarding. I submitted complain claim to airlines website, attached all emails and documents I had from Korean government but still they refused my claim without any reason and valid documentation. Poor quality and low-grade service.

Original review: July 25, 2020

My flight got cancelled due to Covid-19 because destination country has flights blocked, so I called the customer support and they told me about two choices, first being a refund, and second to get a voucher that can be used in next 12 months to book a flight with Qatar Airways. I chose the voucher option, and was told that I'd get an email in three weeks with voucher details. It's now fourth month with five calls to customer service and each time they say, "You will get email within 48 hours" and those 48 never complete. Opened a conversation with them on Facebook, and they have even bigger mules sitting there. After wasting three days explaining, they said I have to open a case to request a voucher on web. Guess what? That case is open already since April 5th, and haven't been touched by a single airline staff. Worst customers service, never using this airline again.

Original review: July 12, 2020

Booked my daughter a return from UK to Perth and was informed post booking that from 15 1/2 they are no longer classed as minors so she'd have to find her own way through the airport. I wasn't comfortable with that especially during COVID so booked and paid for a rather expensive accompanied and assist while transiting through. They took her to a lounge and left her there and someone else came later to assist her to flight, no real issues.

I realized while checking in on the way back to the UK that the accompanied on the ticket didn't include the return leg which I clearly asked for and assumed with the price id paid was completed. We checked at the desk and said he'd sorted it out and all was arranged. She landed in Qatar and was told by the staff on the plane to speak to the staff as she got off which she did. They proceeded to tell her nothing was arranged and to find her own way!! Absolutely disgrace of a company and I'd strongly recommend avoiding QATAR.

Original review: June 30, 2020

We purchased 3 Business Class tickets from Qatar Airways for a trip to Tanzania on March 17, 2020. The flight was to start in Copenhagen, Denmark. On March 15, 2020, EU put up a Travel Advice against all non-essential travel + Denmark started a total border shutdown (airports included). We made the decision on March 16 to cancel the trip and tried unsuccessfully to contact Qatar by telephone - in Spain, Denmark and Doha. We then submitted a Refund Request form online and got the message that it was received.

After not hearing anything from Qatar, we contacted their Call Center and after several calls, and assurances that we will get a Full Refund, we only got half back. Their excuse for this - we should have travelled on the designated date! Meaning that Qatar Airways is quite happy that we, as a family traveling, should risk exposure to Covid 19 during this pandemic. It is utterly shameful that a rich and well funded airline such as Qatar only has interest in its profit margins and not for its passengers. Shame, shame. Never again will we travel on Qatar Airways nor to Qatar. Hope everyone reading this will do likewise.

Original review: June 16, 2020

Qatar Airways (US) Re: Unacceptable Customer Service. Re: Unacceptable Customer Service. So I called Qatar Airways customer service today, (06/15/20 1:28PM CST 6/14/2020 from San Antonio, Texas), to see if I could get some additional information about these flights. The person that took the call was a female named Luz. I explained to Luz I was interested in hearing if there was truly additional fights and talked to her about possibly changing my mother’s ticket. Luz wanted to to verify the information to make sure I was who I said I was. She asked for the ticket confirmation number, method of payment, phone number linked to the ticket, and the email address. After that, she asked for the date the original ticket was purchased. I explained to her that since it has been cancelled four times due to Covid19, I couldn’t remember what date the original ticket was purchased without a lot of research.

Then she asked for the passport number. I gave it to her and she stated it was wrong. I gave it to her again and she said it was still wrong. So I suggested we check some other numbers off the passport, because obviously something was not right. She made it very clear I was majorly inconveniencing her, but she said she would check. She stated that number was wrong as well. I asked her if we could verify with some other information, as something was not right, but she refused. She told me to contact my travel agent and call back.

I have been a loyal customer more the 20 years and this is my four extremely unpleasant experience with Qatar Airways employees, in the last two years. The first involved your Houston Airport Qatar staff aggressively not allowing both my wife and myself to stand in the check in line with my mother - pre Covid19, even though it was evident I couldn’t assist my mother and handle the luggage at the same time.

The second time involved the extreme lack of communication to your customers, not even bothering to email or text your customers to let them know that the flight had been diverted due to the flooding in the Houston area, (Sept 2019). Hundreds of people standing around trying to find out where their family members were and not one person there from Qatar to explain what had happened. After hours of trying to get through your 800 number, we finally found out what happened and we had to share information amongst ourselves, as Qatar didn’t even seem to care.

Third time is when you cancelled my mother’s ticket the first time. Had we not stopped to double check that morning to make sure the flight was leaving, we would have made the four hour drive to Dallas and been left to stare at an empty check in counter, where, we would have no doubt, not been able to get any information. Furthermore, it was not Qatar that informed us of the cancellation, because Qatar was hanging up the phone whenever we managed to get through the line. It was our travel agent that told us the flight was cancelled. Add in the stellar customer service provided by Luz, and I seriously have to ask myself who did you pay to get the 2019 Airline of the Year award.

Please, do something about your nasty airport personnel (Houston), get Luz some much needed customer service training, (or a pink slip), and step up your customer communications, (mass emails or text messaging is an acceptable form of communication), especially during natural disasters, because your customer service is literally taking a nosedive at a high rate of speed. Your only saving grace has been your willingness to refund or rebook tickets cancelled due to Covid19. Sincerely, wondering if I need a new favorite airline…

Qatar Airways Company Information