2. Travel

Qatar Airways Reviews

3.9/5 (307 ratings)

About Qatar Airways Reviews

Qatar Airways Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Qatar Airways?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Qatar Airways?

Original review: June 6, 2021

Shocked at Qatar Airways handling of an incident, in which a visibly intoxicated passenger urinated on my seat and belongings. In addition, the said passenger was threatening me when I raised this as an issue; stating "he would not leave me!". Despite my request for the person to be detained and an escort to be provided to get me through the airport safely, there were multiple times on the aircraft and in the airport that the said passenger approached me and threatened me. The airline did not take any action against the passenger on the flight (arrest, detain, etc.) and furthermore I was moved to the back of the plane rather than being upgraded or given a reimbursement for my flight!

To date, despite having notified the airline verbally and in writing, to my knowledge, no action has been taken. As a woman traveler, I felt extremely unsafe. I am extremely shocked that the airline did not have protocols to make sure their customer's health and safety are prioritized. I am posting here so that other passengers can be aware, especially women travelers travelling alone.

Original review: June 4, 2021

The airline ground staff is not trained to keep abreast of the latest travel regulations (especially through Europe). In my case, I was denied boarding on a flight through Europe (along with a few others) when we had all the requirements. In short, the customer service response afterwards was completely lacking. I had to take the initiative to travel to the airport a few times to convince the staff of publicly available information that I can fly through Europe. My trip was delayed by a week and I ended up successfully flying to my destination with the same paperwork I had with me when I was initially denied boarding. When I filed a complaint, QA customer continues to deny any responsibility that their ground staff made a mistake, even when the passenger presents factual immigration information/immigration correspondences to support my case.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 17, 2021

If there was a way I could give negative ratings for Qatar Airways, I would have done that. I am surprised that an award winning airlines like Qatar has the worst customer service department. They are rude and provide incorrect information to say the least. After denying boarding for a booked business class ticket due to the new COVID rules, they are now denying me refunding full amount without a penalty. They claim that I did not call 1 hour prior to the departure and I shared the call logs with them that I was on hold for 90 minutes before a call was connected. I have talked to multiple agents and also have emailed their CS. No one seems to have an accurate update on the case and to top that some of them have been outright rude. Their CS department is far away from demonstrating customer obsession. It has been more than 2 weeks since I have been following up with them and I still do not know if I am going to get refunded for the ticket.

Original review: April 13, 2021

Qatar Airways QR 516 charged 190 QR for just 2 KG extra baggage. Airline Staff were trained to squeeze the passengers, due to falling off in business. Qatar Airways trying to acquire the money in all possible way (we all knows weighing machine having + or - 2 error, so it was 30 while I checked in home). They charged me additional 30 QR as service charge as well? QA staff recommends that remove 2 kg from Baggage and put into hand baggage, they knows that nobody going to do that as we all traveling with uttermost safety measures. So the weight is not at all their considerations, just make sure they are earning Money in very unprofessional way. I was frequent flyer in QA now seems like time to have an alternative Airline.

Original review: March 27, 2021

Qatar lost luggage and has provided no support to get a resolution. They just blame the airport. I have spent hundreds of hours trying to get someone to respond with helpful information. Eventually, found a part of their website to submit claims for lost luggage, but once again they took no responsibility and haven't reimbursed me for the lost personal items and bag.

Original review: March 9, 2021

A few days before my flight I kept receiving several emails from Qatar Airways stating "Provide a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test result issued within 96 hours prior to your flight" only to find out at the time of the flight they require a negative test result within 72 hours before the departure! Long story short I couldn't catch my flight and had to return to the hotel. The staff at the airport didn't cancel my flight and it was treated as "No Show" and as a result the day after they made me pay $400 to rebook for another flight. Very rude staff and terrible customer service.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

When Qatar launched its promotional campaign to assist medical staff with free tickets, we spent a couple of nights trying our chances to sync in and win the lottery. Amazingly, it finally worked and we were thrilled to be able to fly anywhere in the world. Sadly, it turned out that the limit is far lower than the sky. In order to find the destinations and dates that suited us we had to painstakingly and haphazardly experiment with each potential flight, since only a selected few had the right label, or category, entitling you to use the campaign bonus.

Finally, after much fuss and hassle, we successfully booked a trip to a tropical destination that was supposed to be a reward for all the hard time with Covid here in Poland (my husband is a doctor). Then, not long ago, the flight was cancelled. Since, apparently, flexible date changes are only available until the end of March this year, we decided to get a refund - this, again, was as hassle-full as possible (the website offers no real contact option - it's necessary to use the helpline, which is as busy as can be). An awful, nerve-racking loss of time. Highly disrecommended.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

I had a horrible experience with Qatar Airways going from San Francisco (SFO), US on 12/24 to Turkey (SAW) via Doha (DOH). The experience was horrible not because of external circumstances (Covid etc. which are understandable) but because of lack of care from QA staff at 4 different points which led to us missing the connecting flight from Doha to Turkey (SAW airport). Error once or twice is somewhat acceptable but when you see the horrendous service repeatedly it cannot be forgotten.

Long story short, QA refused to support accommodation or food because of flight delays. As an American, I guess I take this guaranteed that the airline will support such things but I've learned my lessons not to rely on Qatar Airways. On the plus side, I liked their food but I will never fly QA again (IA). I see that another lady has noted the same issue. QA staff at Doha told us that they care and that there was no accommodation etc. but all of that was lies. They just listen to you but they are not authorized to help in any way. I'd avoid Qatar Airways always.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

I fly a lot but my first flight on Qatar is my last on Qatar. Their ads emulate Emirates but it’s false. Bad staff attitude and Managers are unauthorized to make changes when they screw up. Dirty planes. Ran out of food on both long flights. SOCCER IS COMING TO QATAR. Do NOT use this airline. All others are better and safer in my opinion!!!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

Customer service team was terrible at the Doha airport, my flight was delayed for 14 hours and I was with my 2 year old sick child. The staff refused to accommodate me & lied and stated that there was no rooms available at the airport hotel for stay or the lounges. They advised me to sit on the benches for 14 hours?? And when I walked into the hotel just to ask them if they had an availability they were able to give me a room right away away. So my question is why they lied so they didn't have to accommodate me. Brushed me off by saying THERE WAS NO ROOMS AVAILABLE WHICH WAS A LIE BECAUSE I STAYED IN ONE. When I was boarding I spoke to the agents on the booths at Qatar airways. Promise to compensate me for the hotel fare and when I reached out to them via email they completely denied and offered their apologies for the inconvenience.

I will never fly with the airline again just because they misinforming their passengers lying to them also not accommodating or giving refund for the hotel fare that was promised to me. For the delayed flights and are highly unprofessional. They should give priority to the passengers traveling with infants and toddlers. Person that I spoke with over the email was Mohamed ** who also refused to help. VIP & Premium Care Officer at Qatar airways.

Qatar Airways Company Information