1.30/5

Qatar Airways Reviews

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

201 Qatar Airways Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I can only describe my experience in Manchester at check in and boarding as organized chaos. It took ages to check. I've actually checked in quicker and more efficiently with Ryanair. Then when it came eventually to boarding we were allowed to proceed to the aircraft, then stopped by a barrier standing for at least twenty minutes before being allowed to board. This was as a business class customer.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I accidentally left a beaded ring in the restroom. The passenger behind me found it and turned it into a crew member. The crew member put it on the counter in the kitchen area and then intentionally THREW it AWAY. When I realized it was missing, I asked the crew if a ring had been found. The passenger behind me heard me and reported that she had turned it in and so it should be in lost and found. A member of the crew named Rafael eventually admitted that he had thrown it away. When I asked him why, he claimed that he did not understand my words. He had been speaking English to us very well throughout the 15 hour flight. I emailed the airline and included a website photo of the ring from the store where it was purchased. Qatar airlines refused to do anything about it.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Qatar has worst service. The flight QR 740 was delayed on 8th Dec 2018 by an hour and my elderly parent could not board the flight to Kolkata from Doha. She was sent to Hyderabad as she didn't prefer to wait for 24 hours for the next flight in Doha. We still didn't get any update about her baggage though the website claims Qatar Airways shall trace the baggage in 24 hours. To add to it Qatar Airways harassed my parent after 16 hours long flight for 2 hours in Hyderabad airport. Still waiting to get an update about her baggage!!!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I had booked Qatar Airways for the only reason that they were offering and marketing on their website the offer of free Visa services and transit services to Doha and thus chose to incorporate that as my December 2018 holiday destination. I booked on 14 December and applied for my transit visa on 17 December as I was scheduled to leave Joburg on 25 December.

Prior to my departure I tracked my application which showed that the visa was "processed" but could not see the result thereof. I thus took the first leg of my journey as scheduled and upon arrival in KL on 26 December was dismayed to learn that my visa was not approved by MOI. I was scheduled to fly from KL to Doha on 2 January with a return onward flight to JHB on 6 January 2019.

I have tried endlessly with Qatar Airways as well as a visit to the Qatar embassy in KL to assist with the matter and after failing those avenues, I took it upon myself to even send an email to MOI in Qatar who unsurprisingly have not responded. I have tried to make them understand that I had no intentions other than to visit Doha with my wife who is a South African citizen and gets a visa on arrival. The only document that was asked of me for a transit visa application was a passport copy, so on that basis the rejection was merely on racial grounds it seems as the MOI have not given reasons for rejection and Qatar Airways explicitly stated that they are not at liberty to disclose that.

Qatar Airways simply told me that the situation was outside their control and that I had to rebook my flights for alternate dates. I am now currently in Singapore and the only flight that they can book me back on is the 8th January. I am thus not only late for work beyond the planned leave schedule but also incurring additional costs for my overstay. I think their services are totally poor to say the least and would not recommend anyone to book their visa services or flights through them. There are many alternate hotels that provide that service (I only learnt of that now but too short a time to apply for visa) and way better flight options to Doha including flydubai and Emirates which are far more superior in the customer care department.

Qatar Airways are just after the "buck" with no concern for customers or passengers who are stranded in a foreign country due to their phony advertising tactics. MOI also do not care for other nationalities of African heritage. Go their list of countries that are eligible for a visa on arrival and you will see what I mean. There are far better places to visit on this planet than racist and biased nations such as Qatar who just market to attract their "niche" and everyone else do not matter. What a shame!!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I booked a roundtrip award ticket (OYXWVU) for a flight from DOH to IAD leaving December 12 and returning December 24. Unfortunately, I fell ill during the first week of my stay in the US and thought I would do the responsible thing and change the date on my return itinerary in order to avoid a no-show in case my flu did not clear up by the original date scheduled for my trip back to Doha. I have modified my ticket in the past during previous holidays and it was a relatively easy process usually completed with a single phone call to Qatar Airways customer service.

In this instance, I anticipated that the process would be just as uncomplicated and could be completed with a single phone call. Boy, was I wrong! I called Qatar Airways and the representative informed me that I should instead contact the Privilege Club department, as Qatar Airways does not deal with award tickets. This is surprising considering that Privilege Club is part of Qatar Airways. If so, then why is it being treated as an entity of its own as if it were its own standalone company?

Regardless, I obliged and proceeded to call the Privilege Club department which, in turn, informed me that I need to submit my request using their online contact center. If this wasn’t already a convoluted process, the automatic response to my request from the contact center was that I had to wait 3 business days before my request could be tended to. How is this practical when a customer needs to make an urgent change?

My request was simple - I just wanted to know what dates were available for me to change my return ticket to and what the cost of implementing such a change would be. The response I finally received from QA three business days later, was a generic cookie cutter one that did not even address my request. They replied stating that a change would cost $25 if completed 24 hours or more prior to departure and $100 if within 3 and 24 hours of departure. However, they did not provide me with any answer as to what dates were available for me to change my award ticket to. Not only did I have to wait for 3 business days to receive a response, but the response I received was completely unhelpful and useless.

Having to wait 3 business days to get a response is completely unreasonable, especially when the responses are not helpful at all. At this rate, it would take more than a week to have a simple matter addressed and resolved and, in most cases, people do not have that long to wait for a simple response.

My case was an example of an urgent one and could not wait a week, let alone three business days. I felt completely stranded and that my travel plans were hanging in the balance as a result of Qatar Airways’ inability to deal with this issue in a timely manner.

I attempted to contact someone directly from the Privilege Department on Friday and was told that my request would be expedited. I tried to follow up the next day but because it was a Saturday, the offices were closed. I tried to call again on Sunday and was informed again that the office was closed. What is the point of being a privilege club member if the customer helpline is not even open on Saturdays and Sundays while the general Qatar Airways customer service helpline is? In this case, I would rather be a standard, non-privilege customer and receive more reliable and timely customer service, than be a privilege club customer and have to wait days upon days for anything that even remotely resembles a response.

I submitted a second form through the contact center thanking Qatar Airways for the information regarding the costs to change but asking yet again that they provide me with possible dates to change my return flight. Of course, a response did not come in time and I ended up having to take my flight in the end because I did not want to be stuck in the US with no estimation in sight as to when I will be able to travel back on an award ticket, while I wait for Qatar Airways gets its act together. I did finally receive a response the day after I returned from my trip. The message was yet again an unhelpful generic one stating that my request has been received and that Qatar Airways will review my comments and revert to me within three business days. What a joke!

As a Privilege Club member, it is especially frustrating to experience this lack of courtesy from Qatar Airways. Throughout this entire ordeal, I did not receive one meaningful or competent response and had to wait days for some useless explanation that took no time or effort from Qatar Airways. This lack of care and utter negligence suggests just how little Qatar Airways values its customers. It is a real shame because my experience with the airline in the past has been a positive one. However, after the numerous mishaps I have encountered on this last trip, my opinion has changed dramatically.

I have been a loyal and dedicated customer who has selected Qatar Airways for all my travel plans, but will definitely be reconsidering my flight options the next time I travel. The advantage Qatar Airways had over its competitors in the past was the fact that they offer direct flights from Doha to the US. This perk is not even worth it anymore, as Qatar Airways has significantly reduced the size of its seats thereby compromising comfort.

This, along with the fact that I was sick, made my trip back a miserable one. I would rather take a trip with Lufthansa, KLM, or British Airways and experience greater leg room and larger seats for a lower price, even if that does mean I have to make a stopover. Qatar Airways’ slogan of “going places together” definitely applies to my situation because they have taken me to hell and back with their awful customer service. I want compensation for this horrible experience!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Qatar Airways?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I was travelling from Dhaka to Berlin with my wife. I had an allowance of 40 kgs. I had two bags for checking in weighing in around 20 kg each. When I went there they said my allowance was 30 kg even though when I showed them the ticket. They became aggressive and asked me to board or go away. So then I had to drop 10 kgs from my weight and boarded. After coming to Berlin I complained and they just lied in the report saying I had one bag with weight of 40 Kg which was complete lie. They did not compensate and did not respond to any of my further queries. Never again...

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Flew Johannesburg to Cardiff via Doha 22 Oct with elderly sickly sister. At counter 19 (Oliver Tambo Airport) checked in my sister’s baggage, then mine; at this point the clerk got up and ran away, leaving us standing for nearly an hour with no idea what was happening. Someone told us that the clerk had sent my suitcase through with no tag. We stood for another hour (no offer of help/chairs) and by then had missed our planned farewell meal with family and we would have to run to get to boarding. We requested an upgrade. Refused. We were assured my suitcase had been found but there was no time for me to see it. We had to RUN to board on time (no help) and arrived the next morning in Cardiff to the inevitable. NO SUITCASE. Our cases had been wrapped in clingfilm plastic for security.

The next night the suitcase arrived via courier and I immediately saw the clingfilm had been removed. The courier literally ran away before I could complain. I opened my case to find total chaos. Creams opened and not resealed, camera and binoculars pulled out of protective cases, cream over everything, precious old framed photos destroyed. Qatar are insisting I sign a paper to say I accept £38 in full settlement of late baggage and sent the forms to me with insufficient postage to add insult to injury. I am just FURIOUS at the provocative tactics employed, including very rude phone calls insisting I accept this stupid compensation.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I flew Perth Australia to London via Doha and back again on Qatar airways. I could not fault the airline at all. The crew were more than helpful, friendly and top services. The planes were comfortable and I would highly recommend Qatar airways. The best airline in the world. Thank you Qatar for my fantastic holiday.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Airways allowed me to carry a laptop bag and a carry on bag on my onward journey. While returning back, they harassed me and did not allow me to have both the bags and made me check my laptop bag into one of my check ins, thereby making me pay for the additional weight. I had medications I had to take on flight and could not check in my other hand luggage. The personnel were extremely rude and were more concerned about collecting the extra luggage fee than anything else.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

We had a worst experience with Qatar ground staff and specifically 2 of the ground staff ladies on August 1st, 2018 flight to Dubai from DFW Dallas airport. First Worst CS experience (lack of knowledge or incorrect information) - we were told by customer service to be at the gate for check in 5 hours before the flight after we asked to give the seat to our 7 year old with us on the bassinet seat area. We get to the airport but the gates doesn’t open until 3 hours before flight time so we waited there with twins 15 months old and 7 year old kid.

Second Worst Experience (Ground Staff behaved very rudely and unprofessionally and looked like they were trying to ruin Qatar reviews) - so we got into the check in and were first in line after waiting for 2 hours. Only 1 of our carry on bag was 1 lbs extra and that was because of the twin blankets, so we asked the ground staff lady to let us just take it out and everything else is perfect. This lady asked us to get out of the line, fix the bag and come back in the line, we were like seriously??? When my husband told her that we heard good reviews and great customer service by Qatar but this is not as expected, she told us on our face “you heard it wrong”. Wow. That was so not professional. Have some respect for the job you do lady. We requested and she totally ignored us and started calling other customers in line.

We just got out of the line and got with another staff and got in and tried to forget the incident as we didn’t want to spoil our vacation mood. Third worst experience (at boarding, no clear instructions and conflicts of information provided by ground staff) - so I was standing with my twins and 7 year old and Carry on bags right where boarding was going to take place. My husband had to take a trip to restroom and 1 of the other rude ground staff lady gave us directions on Family boarding spot, business, etc. She asked me to move my kids away from the area I was standing and get my kids away from there and get to Family boarding zone even after looking that I had twins and carry bags to move and I was the only adult at that point. Anyways I moved us all.

Now the lady whom we had the luggage issue at the time of checking on the scenario described above came and she asked us to move from where we were and go to the spot I was originally at, as that was Family boarding zone. I was like really?? So I said, "Can your staff be on the same page and not have us move here and there especially with kids and bags???" And then another nice lady was helping me out and said the same thing. When the staff didn’t listen, this other passenger lady who was helping me simply asked if there was any supervisor who could help us here. Now this staff got so upset on us that she called the Cops and had us stand on the side and didn’t let us and that other family board. She told us that our baggage is also ok stand by and we can’t go yet.

Officer came and when we explained the situation, asked the ground staff lady to explain us the rules again. The ground staff lady then mentioned, we need to apologise to her and her other rude staff lady only when she would allow us to board the flight else our baggage is on standby. Officer did take her to the side, they talked but she did make us all apologize to her and her other Lady staff and when I told her that we got kiddos so expect a little professional customer service, so she was like, "You caused this situation and it’s all because of you." I was so upset and almost in tears. Why would somebody do this. This is like mental harassment.

First and last experience ever with Qatar. But in the flight, there was a sr. crew Rulika who listened to our story and said she would report this and also made rest of our flight pleasant. So thanks to her for doing that. She was in tears also after listening to what we had gone through with Qatar ground staff. We definitely are not traveling with Qatar again as even on return flights, didnt like how the bassinets and the kids were seated. We had to get separated and not because they had kids on the other bassinets, but because those passenger paid extra for those so of course Qatar for the money and won't care about a family who have twins and a 7 year old that they all should be seated together. Such a poor experience. Qatar needs to revisit their DFW ground staff for sure as most of the ground staff was unprofessional and none of them walked up to help us.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

It was a flight economy class QR 639 at 2.50 am on October 29th, 2018 from Dhaka Airport, Bangladesh. Qatar Airways staff who was taking care of check in was too rude to all passengers in the line. When I passed check in then another guy who was issuing boarding passes was rude too. I did fly to Japan with JAL and to US with Turkish Airlines. I have never experienced such horrible behavior from Airline officials. They treated those passengers in queue like slaves. Don't fly with Qatar Airways.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Don't be fooled by thinking that buying an upgrade at the airport is going to be much cheaper. The cost is only slightly less than purchasing a business class ticket from the start. An upgrade at the airport only upgrades part of the route, not the whole route to your final destination. Also exchange rates affect the cost. Sitting towards the back of the business class area, there was a crying infant in the economy section directly behind me. Qatar should not allow passengers with infants to occupy the front seats in economy class directly behind business class seating. They should be allocated farther away in the next section.

The main meal that I had ordered was forgotten about. I had waited too long and when it was delivered, it was cold and dry. The airline attendant did not respond to my call quickly enough to tell him about this. I did order another meal but again it meant waiting. The attendant seemed bored and quite unsuited for the role of a steward. He didn't even bother to take off the quilted 'mattress' after sleeping. Said it was OK for me to sit on. The side hand rest also needed to be fixed. The cost involved for an upgrade to business class was really not worth it. Crying infant, unsatisfactory eating scenario, a broken handrest and overall lack of care, has rendered a 2-star rating. I will not travel with Qatar again.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Would like to share my worse experience flying with Qatar from Kigali international airport to Bismarck North Dakota. It was in the Summer of 2017. I had a stop in Nairobi Kenya and there was no Qatar agent at their desk to give me information that I needed. So I was forced to stay inside the airport for many hours because I didn’t have a visa to go to the hotel and when I finally got chance to talk to their supervisor at He was very unprofessional giving a wrong gate number for next flight and I missed my flight one more time and when he noticed that I was mad instead of helping me he wanted to charge money (I guess he wanted to put money in his pocket) thinking maybe that I was going to pay cash.

When he saw that I had a Mastercard he was disappointed. Finally when I got my next flight my bags were missed. Arriving in Chicago O'Hare their manager was very rude when I was explaining him why I missed my flight and my bags were racked. I’ve been telling everyone that I know to not fly with Qatar although they sometimes have cheaper international flights and I am glad that they listen to me.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Due to traffic on the way to Fiumicino Airport in Rome, we arrived at the Check in desk at 7.25am, just 5 minutes after it closed. Since the flight was not due to leave until 8.20, we were advised by Italian airport staff to go directly to the gate to be checked in there. We got to the gate at 7.40 but the Qatar Airways staff refused to let us board the plane. Instead they made us both pay another £700 to get the next flight at 16.40 which had a wait of 20 hours at Doha for a connecting flight to Amritsar. This is outrageously unfair.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I booked a trip from Singapore to Paris on the 10th October. For a started, QATAR airways have arranged for layovers of about 1 hr 20 mins. For a started, this is like gambling. Surprise surprise, we were delayed for an hour in Singapore. I ended up shelling out a bomb to change my non Qatar onwards flight from Paris to Manchester as the air stewardess advised me that I will no doubt miss my Doha - Paris flight. We landed in Doha with 15 mins to spare. Again, QATAR thought it will be fun to make all business class passengers with connecting flight run. Just to set the context, I am traveling with my parents, both above the age of 70. To run across the Doha Airport at top speed is like playing with the Russian Roulette of life and death.

When we got on the plane, they inform us that the fate of our luggage is uncertain. True to behold, when we landed, our luggage were nowhere to be seen. It will only be arriving at a later flight. I am now typing this from McDonald's at CDG airport as I had to while my life away. What I fail to understand is that why would Qatar think that business class passengers are ok without their bags? I paid extra for premium to make traveling an ease for my parents. It turns out to be a combination of marathon and hell. It was a lot of angst that is absolutely unnecessary, coupled with the additional dent in my wallet. Rest assure, post this review, my next project will be a complain letter to Qatar.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

My husband and I have been pleased with Qatar's level of service until our most recent flight on QR702 out of JFK on September 25, 2018, when we experienced miserable conditions while sitting on the tarmac for almost 4 hours. Our flight was scheduled to depart at 2100 but we sat on the tarmac until 2330, and we finally were in the air at midnight. When we first boarded the plane at around 2030, we were struck with the intense heat and stagnant air that did not abate until we pushed back from the gate and were in the air.

No explanation was given for either the delay or the intense heat. The captain failed to take command of the situation and failed to adequately inform the flight attendants and passengers as to reasons for the delay and the heat. Less than hourly, he mumbled over the intercom something incomprehensible about problems with “sequencing” and “we apologize for any inconvenience.” We could not understand his mumbled, slurred speech and were outraged that he failed to acknowledge the intense heat or our miserable conditions.

Although we did not have a thermometer, the heat felt like 38 celsius. I became nauseated and ill with the stagnant hot air as I, like the passengers around me, tried to fan the hot air with magazines. Everyone became quite agitated and restless, and I felt sorry for the attendants who were trying their best to control an escalating situation. The attendants finally passed cool water at 2200 and one little cookie, so the passenger in front of me said, “You think throwing us one little cookie will appease us, like dogs?”

According to the US Department of Transportation, Aviation Consumer Protection, federal regulations e-CFR, (Electronic Code of Federal Regulations), Title 14: Aeronautics and Space, Part 259 - “Enhanced protections for airline passengers” section 259.4, requires that “covered airlines” which Qatar is, have a “contingency plan for lengthy tarmac delays”. As part of this plan, airlines are required to provide comfortable temperatures during the delay and are to provide updates every 30 minutes as to reasons for the delay. These actions did not occur. FEC guidelines also state that the airline shall provide “adequate food and potable water” which did not occur, considering the extreme heat. Airlines are required to detail, in the contingency plan, actions taken to “minimize hardship for passengers”. Qatar did not meet its stated goal of “commitment to service” and failed to ensure a comfortable experience on board.

In addition, when we got to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport, we could not find one of our 4 checked bags and almost missed our flight to Chiang Rai due to filing a claim for lost baggage. After we filed the claim, the attendant at the Baggage Claim area checked the “oversize luggage” area and found our bag, which had been placed in error in the oversize category, as the overall perimeter did not exceed the 62-inch maximum. We have used this bag to fly Qatar on multiple occasions and were never informed that it was oversize. We were given no advance notification that the bag had been placed in this category, causing us additional hardship. I wrote a formal complaint letter to Qatar and requested compensation but received the standard apology for "any inconvenience" and an insistence that they were exempt from "compensatory obligation."

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I am very disappointed with Qatar Airways. I and my family traveled to Tanzania this summer via Doha. We had an overnight layover in Doha. We booked a hotel to spend a night and see the beautiful city of Doha and its museums full of rich Arabic history. My 12 years old was very excited. Prior to leaving I called the airline requesting information on visa requirements for the American citizen and a Tanzanian citizen. I was told you can purchase visa at the airport for 50 dollars each. However, when leaving Washington Dulles Airport, the staff advised me, I will be the only one requiring a visa to enter Qatar. My husband and son as Tanzanian citizens did not require visas. This information is totally wrong. American citizens do not require visa to enter Qatar. But Tanzanian citizens require visas to enter Qatar.

Upon arrival at Doha International airport, we were not allowed to purchase the individual visa for 50 dollars. We were forced to purchase visas that includes food, transportation and lodging in their hotel for 125 dollars for my husband and my son for the total of 250 dollars. The problem was we had already booked a hotel for 60 dollars. Because of the short notice we were not refunded for the hotel booking.

I as an American citizen did not need a visa to leave the airport. Nevertheless, I was charged an additional 30 dollars to share a room with my family. We arrived at DOHA airport at 4:00 pm. By the time we left the airport, it was 8:30 pm too late to see the city. Quite frankly it was a waste of over 300 dollars. On our way back, they left 3 of our suitcases, and we did not get them until 2 days later. The service sucks, misinformation, and lack of simple company's knowledge on the part of their staff is frightening. This was the first time to use the Qatar Airlines and definitely will be the last one.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Airline charged twice. Once from my credit card when I booked my ticket and then as a Guarantee payment when I boarded my return flight. I have all the proofs for my payments. I called the bank and Qatar airlines multiple times. No use, I still didn't get my money. It has been more than 3 months now. Now I am hiring an Attorney to get my refund. How can I let go $1529?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

The amount of small hand bags one can carry varies from COUNTRY TO COUNTRY! One never knows what surprises will emerge when you get to the counter. On HK - Doha route I was allowed 4 pieces. Romania - Doha instead... only 1... last time I traveled. However my first journey Romania - Doha they allowed me 3. IT'S RIDICULOUS! They have no structure, no common sense. (Since they don't even allow a laptop bag. WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND HOW USEFUL A LAPTOP BAG IS?) And they can't keep their story straight either. Qatar sucks. NEVER TRAVELLING WITH THEM AGAIN! #IsupportCommonSense

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Taxi strike in Barcelona caused a lot of unforeseen circumstances resulting in me missing my flight to Australia via Doha. After traveling Europe ready for home I was devastated. Also flying to Europe isn't cheap last minute in summer let alone paying twice. Knowing how much I just wanted to go home, wasn't late due to carelessness or lack of trying, stranded I just wanted to have an exit plan and know I had a flight booked.

Tired after a night in the airport feeling completely deflated I was so happy when my mind was put to rest by such outstanding service by the Qatar ticketing office. It wasn't just that she booked me another flight but honestly my last 12 months has been hard, with whatever could go wrong actually did. Missing my flight, a night at the airport feeling sad and sorry for myseIf I was completely overwhelmed. Her mannerism, the seemingly lack of effort and helpfulness made all the difference to my worries on the day. She helped me without making me feel like she was too busy, I was putting her out and/or it wasn't her problem.

I had trouble trying to book a flight whilst online at the airport so spoke to the only ticketing office open that night. In 5 mins he made me feel 10 times worse and more upset about my situation plus not helpful at all. I felt like I was getting lectured about flight departures, what I should/shouldn't do whilst traveling then the way I should've gone to the airport because it would've been quicker (I thought a booked taxi would get me there quickest? And once I'm at the airport it's too late to be told how I should get there). All I wanted was to book a ticket or hear availability info. I travel overseas frequently, always early, never miss flights. A Customer Service Officer should not make you feel worse.

Not wanting to talk to another ticketing office but still having trouble online the next day I needed to. In 10 mins I felt so relieved and reminded good customer service still exists thanks to Qatar staff in Barcelona. Qatar information desk in Doha airport was also flawless. After serving a line of travelers their flight information (some flights weren't on the board, mine included) the gentleman was so friendly, came across not only happy to help but also actually wanting to.

Paranoid after already missing a flight, no gate number on my boarding pass, couldn't find my flight on the board and then lining up I was so scared and stressed I had no flight home. Don't know if he saw how stressed I was but in 2mins before even being told which gate I needed I was put at ease. A smile and a couple of pleasantries allowed me to breathe and relax. Asked "how are you tonight" and "anything I can do to help you, I will" by someone sounding genuine makes a huge difference. Whatever the issue someone wants to help fix it or at least empathizes. Customer Service is lacking everywhere these days, most don't even try to hide the fact they don't care or can't be bothered.

The staff at Qatar have been outstanding and should be commended. My second time flying with them and will definitely continue to. They have competitive prices, comfortable flight services and facilities but mostly for customer service. I will always remember and be grateful for how much they relieved my worry and stress. To me that was priceless. Only negative is that I arrived back in Australia but my luggage didn't. They said it will couriered to my house when it arrives. I'm safely home so at the moment I'm not bothered.

Original review: July 19, 2018

My parents were traveling to Doha - Nepal from DFW and we had a terrible experience in check in counter at DFW. The arrogant female employee was checking us in. Asked us to put our carry on in the weighing belt and it was 3 kg overweight and I told her we are 2 passenger travelling and we only have 1 carry on and extra empty carry on bag to move our extra stuff in and she said we have to move aside while we do that and we were ok with it. After everything was done we asked her to check us in but she told us that we have to go back to the line again, I told her we were already in line for 2 hours and it will be another 2 hours as the line was too long. Why can't she just check us in. But she was rude and didn't even gave us chance to talk and when I told her my parents are old and they cannot rush to the gate, if we are late and then this terrible lady said that she doesn't care about that and she is not there to care about such things.

I even asked to call the manager. She refused and told us that I have to go look for the manager. She wasn't trying to work with us at all, she was acting like she was doing us a favor by checking our bags in and that was ridiculous. We pay so much for our ticket and she has nothing to do with it, all she have to do is do a better job, she is a employee, she is not doing us any favor to treat a passenger like that and Qatar airlines management should teach their employees a better customer service. These employees at DFW check in counter specially female employee needs to learn to be humble and respectful and learn to give a good customer service. Customers are treated with such a disrespectful and arrogant behavior. We are all people and no one should be treated disrespectfully period.

Original review: July 18, 2018

On 7/13 my fiance was leaving Sudan to come home. He was there early as he was directed. When he go to check in they told him he missed getting a stamp that he was charged $600 for. He went got it and came back. When he got back to the check in counter the lady closed it even though the sign beside him said he still had 10 minutes. She refused to finish checking him in. No one would explain anything to him. I was on the phone with him. I informed him to ask for a supervisor. The supervisor walked up to him said nothing. I said, "Maybe he doesn't speak your language. Ask him if he will talk to me." He did, the supervisor said NO in English and slammed the office door in his face.

I called the airline because there was still an hour until the flight was to leave to try for help. NO ONE could help while my fiance sat at the airport for more hours trying to get help. They said they would investigate and get back to me. 5 calls Friday I made then 4 on Saturday and 4 on Sunday trying to get answers. On Monday I called and was told that emails from Sudan branch of Qatar Airways said he was late that he didn't arrive until 25 minutes after they closed. This is incorrect.... I have call logs from when he was still early him talking to me and us trying to get an explanation. I was on the phone with my travel agent well before the time they are saying AND I was on the PHONE WITH THE AIRLINE before they time they are saying.

They want him to buy another ticket. It took us 6 years to save up what we did to get his passport and money to visit his family. We do not have money to "just buy another ticket". It is now 6 days later. I can get no answers no help. He is trapped in Sudan with now no money and no way home. This airline needs shut down!!! I am beyond furious!!!

Original review: July 17, 2018

The experience with this airline has been the worst I've ever had when traveling International, and it started from the check in at DFW airport where they make you wait for hours in line to only keep you waiting even more to verify your credit card for such reservation, so disorganize. The flight attendants are the only organize and professional staff in this experience so far. When I bought my ticket from Dallas to Turkey and back, they offer me hotel in Qatar for a 21 hours layover going and hotel on my way back again in Qatar for an 8 hours layover. But when I was coming back from Turkey the first issue was they did not make me take my bag pack as my personal item. I told them I did carry it before when entering so why it's different now. They told me that the policy had change so I cannot carry my bag pack.

Then after that I arrive in Qatar to request my hotel for my layover time and they told me I was not qualified for it because the airlines arrive too early, come on like if that's my problem they change schedule, so then I ask them what do I suppose to do here waiting on this airport 10 hours and then another 16 hours on the airplane. It's inhuman to even think a customer shall be held up so long without a place to rest, and then the manager told them he can only give a coupon for food, like if a burger can hold me 26 hours. It was ridiculous.

Also in Qatar you cannot use dollars on the airport to buy anything or at the hotel is crazy how they don't even have signs saying to change your money before sitting down to order food. And don't even talk about the weather that's another story. Oh by the way it's almost impossible to write a comment on this airlines. They ask a million questions, make sure you have a computer and please share your comments this airline is a disgrace to people who travel for so many hours. 0 customer service.

Original review: June 28, 2018

About six months ago I helped my mom to check in for a flight to overseas. The people at the counter, specifically the female workers, were rough, disrespectful, impolite, and aggressive. When I politely asked for the manager, they refused to page him. When he came, he appeared to be afraid of the female employees. I went online to leave a review. I registered. I was directed by email to wait for verification. It's been six months. I had another family member flying Qatar Airways to overseas. The same disrespectful behavior was observed and I found this site. My family members will no longer use Qatar airlines. Civility is a must in business. We are all human beings and we have to be treated with grace and courtesy.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I bought 4 expensive business class tickets from Qatar Airlines. The reference numbers are ** and **. My son’s original return travel date from Chennai to Atlanta was on 28th May 2018. Due to the health issue he could not travel on 28th May 2018 so on May 27, 2018, I changed his travel date to 5th June 2018 and paid the change fee of $1036.00 to the JustFly.Com. Qatar airlines did issue the updated ticket with 5th June 2018 return travel date. My credit card statement shows $150.00 was paid to the JustFly.com and $886.00 was paid to Qatar airlines for this change of travel date (total is $1036.00).

The flight from Chennai was on 5th June 2018 at 3:30 am. My son went to the airport at 12:00 am. He was the first business class passenger who was attended by Qatar associate who handles the business class customers. He was told by Qatar associate that his ticket was canceled by JustFly.com on 5th June so he is not allowed to travel. He received filthy service from Qatar agents at the check-in counter. My son contacted me and then I contacted the JustFly.Com. I was put on hold by JustFly.com for 30 to 70 minutes and my call was terminated multiple times. I did contact Qatar airlines and I was told by Qatar customer service that I need to work with JustFly.com.

I spend more than 4 hours with the JustFly.com and Qatar airlines between 12:00 am and 5:30 am on 5th June 2018 (India time). In the meantime, Qatar associate at the Chennai airport informed my son that he needs to resolve the issue and then come back with new ticket. Finally, the JustFly.com support person informed me that Qatar Airlines customer service line is closed and our issue was sent to Qatar Airlines headquarters in Doha and advised me to contact JustFly.com again at 4:30 pm. (India time) so that they can work with Qatar airlines and resolve this issue.

I contacted the JustFly.com again at 4:30 pm on 5th June and stayed on calls with multiple customer support persons for another 2.30 hours. JustFly.com claimed that they have been working with Qatar airlines to resolve the problem. Finally, the JustFly.com associate asked me around $2800.00 for changing the ticket to 6th June 2018. I refused to go with that option and I contacted Qatar customer support, reported this problem and paid another $795.00 directly to Qatar airlines for the 6th June travel and my son traveled on 6th June 2018.

Qatar airline did charged my credit card for the change of travel ticket from 28th May to 5th June. Qatar airline did send the email with the new travel ticket for the 5th June travel. Qatar airline did send the email about the seat change for the 5th June travel date. Qatar airline did send the email about the meal change during the 5th June travel date. There was NO email from Qatar airline about any cancellation done by JustFly.com. Qatar airline never notified the customer prior to my son's arrival at the airport on 5th June at 12:00 noon.

Qatar Airlines did not help my son to travel as per the paid ticket issued by Qatar Airlines. JustFly.com claims they did not cancel it was Qatar Airline who messed up the travel. I contacted Qatar Airlines customer service via telephone and email but they are not compensating for this horrible experience. Qatar Airlines should be ashamed of treating their Business Class Customer who paid over $4500 for this trip!

Original review: May 29, 2018

Qatar Airways damaged my wife wheelchair. Here I wanna claim about this time wheelchair situation. Here is the situation which can be proven by email contents. I told Qatar Airways that I am an amateur about wheelchair thus I wanted them to contact to the wheelchair company, Motivation. The company, Motivation checked my wife’s wheelchair directly and they told Qatar Airways that backseat, screws, and push handles. Qatar Airways sent me that they are gonna order backseat, screws and push handles and for that they wanted me to confirm about the order. I confirmed about the contents and I waited for the parts. After I received the email, next day, Qatar Airways called me. The content was that they wanted to close the case by 1600 usd. And now, Qatar Airways suggest us to close this case by 2600 usd and give you my wife’s wheelchair.

Here is my claim. I have gotten the final confirmation which is based on discussion between wheelchair company and Qatar Airways. Thus I want you to do the same as you confirmed BUT NOT the money 2600 usd. Because Qatar Airways already has confirmed about the contents and they gave me even last confirmation. Not to mention I agreed about the final confirmation. But now, the topic is switched to the money, 2600 usd. I wanna say once again, they confirmed once and I have the email from Qatar Airways. What I wanna have is not the money but the wheelchair because for my wife, the wheelchair is legs.

Even if I receive the 2600 USD, if we cannot have the wheelchair itself, our life will be dramatically changed. Moreover, because of broken wheelchair, my wife is scared to go outside even now. Even after 17 days trip, the situation is not solved yet though you confirmed about the contents once. As a big company, I think you have the responsibility about what you have mentioned through documents. Between Qatar Airways and insurance company of yours contract is nothing to do with I and my wife situation. They confirmed once so I want them to accomplish what you promised with us. I remember that on airplane, Qatar Airways ask passengers to donate money for the poor or disdainful kids in the world.

But on the other hand, though they broke the wheelchair, you don’t care about my wife, wheelchair user. What we want is wheelchair itself and they confirmed about the contents. If we cannot have the wheelchair, she cannot go out and have to stay in the house. Her hands doesn’t work as normal people. The power is only 60 to 70%. She cannot push normal wheelchair beside what she has. She has been living in the house for 7 years and didn’t go out at all. She shut the curtain and didn’t see sunlight. If she cannot have the wheelchair, it means she will have similar situation as she had before. For her, it is really big decision to use airplane by thinking of her past as I explained.

They broke her legs, and she is forced to stay in the house now. Even if we receive 2600 usd, if we can't buy the wheelchair, it is nonsense. They threaten her life now. Please understand this. I feel anger, sadness and exhaustion through this trip because of their no-understanding. Btw the wheelchair my wife uses is not on sale anymore. So we cannot buy the same model anymore. I want them to think what they confirmed and what they did to my wife till now.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I travelled from Canada to India and then back to Canada. Had a return flight from Amritsar, India from Sri Guru Ram Dass Airport Amritsar, though not sure if it was airline policy or the airport but my trip turned into the nightmare. I was told at the airport that Qatar Airways does not allow you to carry laptop bag with you and I was travelling for business to India so had 1 personal laptop and my office laptop. They told me, "If you wanted to travel with laptop then you should have picked another airline than QATAR Airways." My bags were locked at the security as that's what they do at the airport and they asked me to get the locks removed and, "Move your laptop to check in baggage else pay extra for a bag and we will move your laptop bag as check in bag."

I did not want my laptop bags to be damaged so I decided to move them to the check in bag but then my check in bags were over the limit. They kept juggling me to airport security to unlock, move the stuff and lock the bags again as they don't accept until the bags are locked 5 times and in the end I was so furious that I gave up and I asked them to charge for extra luggage which they said would be USD70. When I gave USD70 they said, "We cannot take USD. You have to get converted in local currency first," which I believe they had an arrangement with as they converted USD100 for USD70 equivalent in local currency. So I would suggest travellers beware if you travelling through Qatar Airways or check their policy for laptop bags or don't ever travel from Sri Guru Ram Dass Airport Amritsar, India.

Original review: May 21, 2018

A hideous experience with Qatar Airways, accompanied with my family. I arrived to the check in gate 70 minutes before the departure time of my flight to Sao Paulo, the crew (two ladies) was about to leave their positions even-though the airline ads at the airports assure that it's ok to catch up till 60 minutes before the departure time. The lady there told us that the time has finished!!! I assured her that she could do something since there is enough time, and inform the gate, the lady misleaded me at the airport pointing at a desktop corner for the MEA (Middle East Airlines) claiming that they could inform the gate, following her instructions I headed there to get a reply that, "How could that lady tell such lies, get back to her cause she is the sole responsible to get you in".

I get back to find out that she has left her position, I headed to their office which is available at the reception side of the airport, it was closed, waited till reopened. While we were full of hope to catch the next flight, the crew at the office (three men) reported that we have no working lady at the check in gate!!! Telling them that I have no reason to lie about it, they assured that I have no solution but to wait for their ticket selling office in Beirut to help till the next day, heading there and despite of what was told, they offered a business class upgrade to the reservation since it's a "high season" and that would be resolved in paying 2800$ to take the flight of the same day. I replied that it's unreasonable to punish passengers like that and it's total weird from a highly profiled company.

They suggested that the sole choice then would be paying 1460$ in economy class as being a "no show and a rebooking for another date". I tried to complain in ADOUHA, the sole response was claims should be done through emails only. A "take care officer" who is supposed to help, mailed back that investigating the case. I arrived 40 minutes before departure not 70! Now I'll sue that phony show off company.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Platinum member: Using Qmiles: I have only flyed business class with Qatar Airlines since I became a member two years ago. I used to do one international flight almost every six weeks with them. I have tried more than 15 times, since April 2018, to book a business class air ticket with my accumulated miles, but unsuccessfully so. Every single time, I either get a “Timed Out” or “an error occurred during the processing” error message and my booking can’t be completed. I have raised this with the complaints department of Qatar over the last month (one of my ref numbers: **) on several occasions with proof of the errors, with zero response to date. I will never book any flights on Qatar ever again. Their Qmiles program is clearly a scam.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Traveling from Harare, Zimbabwe to Erbil, Kurdistan with 2 stopovers in Joburg and Doha, I was refused boarding and my luggage was removed from plane in Joburg on the grounds that I had no visa for the destination. 0.39 seconds of using google shows that I don’t require one... ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR UK NATIONALS. A passport valid for at least six months beyond the period of intended stay, and a visa, are required to enter Iraq. Holders of British passports endorsed British Citizen can obtain a visa on arrival at Erbil or Sulaymaniyah Airports for a maximum stay of 30 days. They advised me to return the next day (14 hours later). At the appointed hour, I was informed that indeed I was wrongfully removed from the airplane and offered a choice of where I’d like to spend a further 8 hours: OR Tambo or Hamad international.

What I wasn’t offered was a room, a drink/food voucher, an upgrade to 1st class, or even some complimentary air miles or even free internet usage (internet vouchers were on sale for $10!!!). In total I arrived at my destination 24 hours later than expected. On the website, they claim to welcome feedback and I outlined the ordeal with the original itinerary attached. Their response (10 days after the event) was even more outrageous: -

“Please be advised that it is customers sole responsibility to ensure they have the correct documents and visas for their transit and final destination. Qatar Airways assumes no liability for your failure to do so. Therefore, upon getting the Ok To Board approval the next day our Johannesburg team contacted you and rebooked you on your preferable flights to Erbil free of changes. Further to your concern, please note that in such cases, no compensation or complimentary upgrade could be provided by our airport team. We seek your kind understating on the same. We appreciate the time you have taken to write to us and the opportunity to respond.”

They neglected to mention that “it is the customer’s sole responsibility” to ensure that the airline’s personnel are aware of what the “correct documents and visas for their transit and final destination” actually are. A highly regrettable experience considering that I have flown this route with them on numerous occasions since 2015 on the very same passport that I used on this occasion. A total lack of culpability...

Qatar Airways Company Information