Qatar Airways
3.44/5

Looking for a travel site?

Qatar Airways Reviews

Looking for a travel site?

226 Qatar Airways Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Their planes as neat as a 4-star hotel room and the flight crew is as polite as they could be. Besides, the airlines provides a world-class service including food and beverages. I could not ask for more in my last flight with them. My relatives who used to fly through Qatar Airways have also expressed similar satisfaction.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I had a great experience by one employee Lok, number **, between Doha and Narita, who paid special attention to ensure I was served with food as I was very tired and sleepy, and that my TV screen was working as it was apparently jammed. He also advise me on the best menu selection. I also saw the way he attend to fellow passengers next to me. He is excellent and a great marketer of the airline.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I flew Perth Australia to London via Doha and back again on Qatar airways. I could not fault the airline at all. The crew were more than helpful, friendly and top services. The planes were comfortable and I would highly recommend Qatar airways. The best airline in the world. Thank you Qatar for my fantastic holiday.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I and my family were flying from Boston to Doha with Qatar Airways. We received our boarding passes from the airline customer service agent at the airport hours before our departure time but we were denied boarding and asked to call their customer service number. We ended up calling their customer service number in USA & Doha. Incurred $$$ for calls and had very difficult of understanding some of their customer service reps. It was the worst travel experience ever in my decades of flying. Avoid this airline if you do not want to have a bad experience as we did.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I was booked on a flight for today August 5, 2019 for an outboard flight to Doha, then to final destination Bangkok. Like, any other flight I've taking from DFW I checked-in online and arrived 2 hours early. My complaint is in regards to the agent at the ticket booth. (** Male with short black hair cut) Unfortunately I did not get his name. I was told by this man that my onward ticket out of Bangkok HAD to be through Qatar Airways!! After I leave the ticket booth I get online and try to find flights through Qatar that would take me to Indonesia Bali, which was my next location. I did not find any ticket to get to Bali through Qatar website, because you guys don't fly there!

At this point I have less than 30 mins to find a flight through Qatar like the man told me! I tried to find a reasonably priced ticket, which seems like it took forever. I found a ticket to Barcelona, Spain and purchased it (which was not on my travel plans, but it was a location you guys fly to), by this time the Qatar stands had closed and I wasn't able to board the plane. The whole reason for not boarding the plane was the man telling me I HAD to book my departure flight through Qatar!!!!

If you would have just been honest and polite and told me the truth I just needed to show my plans of onward travel rather than be through train, plane, bus, or boat, I would have been able to expand my search for a flight out from another airline. That wouldn't have taken as long. Which was also my plan once I arrived in Bangkok. I'm not sure why he mislead me in such a way, with little time to spear!!! I could have went right to Google to find the best flight out of Bangkok to Indonesia (my desired destination). I could have found it faster than figuring out which country to go to that Qatar ONLY serviced.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Qatar Airways?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I booked my flight on Qatar Airways as an urgent exit from Qatar. The ground crew who are all employees from other poor countries and no one from the locals, were the worst I have ever met in my entire flight booking experience for over 40 years. I was at the gate in time and people were were still boarding behind me but they denied me boarding for a mistake they did by transferring me to the next flight. Even their head manager could not do the correction and keep sending me to other customer service desks till I missed my flight.

What a manager who cannot correct a mistake done on the computer? That stupid mistake caused me lots of inconvenience and cost me an important business meeting. I will never book on this airlines even if I have to go by bus. And I mean it, for the lack of professionalism and ignorance by the staff. And the airport and the flight was not busy at all. I noticed there too many staff members but they all lack all the knowledge of how to deal with their system.

Original review: June 27, 2019

Flight from Sydney to Beirut, I did not use the service due to compelling circumstances. I paid $4300 for 4 flights tickets. I lost the money without any compensation due to their bad customer service and the only way for me now to proceed with Tribunal. They do not respect our life and laws in Australia, they take our complaints personally and everything is related to Doha, Qatar. Nothing can be solved in Australia even they benefit from our country. The government should make action about the foreign airlines as they do for domestic ones, it is really unacceptable. They must implement our laws and policy. We only asked to give us the opportunity to reuse our tickets again.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I'd give negative stars if there was an option. We booked our two way trips from US to India and have been trying to get hold of the customer service to cancel one way ticket for us. As soon as we booked the tickets... we realized that we wanted to cancel the one way ticket and immediately wanted to manage the booking. Their site showed all the prices including cancellation fee as 0$ and we immediately contacted the US customer service to deal with the one way cancellation and they were not available 24/7.

First of all an International brand like "Qatar Airways" does not have a 24 hour customer service and with lot of difficulty we found a DOHA number that we have been trying to reach from US and they have been tossing us like ball with no effect to the issue. On top of it, when we told the supervisor the previous agent escalated the issue day before yesterday and none of you guys got back to us. They are accusing us that their logs don't mention this. He is also accusing us that we are lying about the site loading issues and saying we have internet issues when we have fiber optics internet at 1Gbps. Also if you go through there booking, their cancellation fees gets updated after some time when you are done with the final booking and they are keeping customers in the dark.

These are my concerns here:

1.) We have been travelling for more than 4 years. Accusing the customers and being argumentative is not the "definition of good customer service". @Qatar airways: Please refer to your call logs. I would be happy to provide you with my reference number in reference to this behavior.
      2.) You guys have site trouble issues with loading and actual costs gets reflected after considerable time from booking (for us 15 mins and tried to reach customer service asap). @Qatar airways: How can you expect me or others to manage their bookings with such a poor booking system?
      3.) The customer service is not 24hours. This is a serious issue for an International brand airlines which apparently calls itself World's Number 1 airline.
      4.) Despite all this trouble... we told them we will meet somewhere between for the cancellation amount but still no response.

5.) Tossing back and forth between the calls and disconnecting is again a testament to their poor customer service. We have wasted around 8 hours over this to no avail.

@Qatar Airways, what is your resolution here? At least have the courtesy to call back if call gets disconnected. We are frustrated repeating the same thing again and again. You say you have logs, but you can't lookup the issue?

Original review: May 14, 2019

We have been travelled to Finland last Oct 2018 by QATAR Business Class and earned some Qmiles and Qpoints. Of course the service provided are excellent and fantastic so recently we have planned a trip to Norway in Oct 2019 but by Economy. We were not aware that the Qpoints only qualify for a year and Qmiles for 3years until we called and clarified yes confirmed. Hence we were quickly called center and write in for extension of Qpoints for a month whereby as told some of Qpoints will be expired early Oct but our trip only fly end of Oct 2019. No matters what valid reasons you given the extension 100% rejected.

Just wonder why Qatar can't make extension just for a month only which Singapore Airlines do access case by case basis which extended our qualification for 3 months than a month. We do appreciate on that. Also, we have make an mistake on the date of stopover hotel reservations at DOHA and write-in and results any changes cost QAR 100 although want to make NEW date booking and remain existing. After these few communications I started curious should I call local Singapore office for help as they might not fully understand my requirements and concern. Thank you.

Original review: May 13, 2019

It was the first time I take Qatar Airways from DC to Tehran, Iran with a stop at Doha Airport that is the hub for QA. I was offered an upgrade from DC to Tehran from economy to business, I purchase it. A few minutes after receiving upgrade confirmation I learnt that upgrade is only for small portion the trip - Doha to Tehran and not the entire route. In 5 minutes I called and asking for cancellation of the upgrade, in response QA said, "When you bought you can’t cancel it." That was one loss.

Second, when I arrived at Doha airport, having my business ticket in hand, looking for business lounge, after walking for 25 minutes, just to reach the lounge front desk I learned that upgraded ticket can’t use business lounge. That was the second surprise. Food is modest both in economy and business. Honestly With the cheap labor airport management, you may not get even a basic service like airport information, I saw people waiting to get help. No one was there. Qatar Airways are just a third world over rated airline. That was a first and last experience.

Qatar Airways Company Information