2. Travel

Qatar Airways Reviews

3.7/5 (306 ratings)

About Qatar Airways Reviews

Qatar Airways Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Qatar Airways?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Qatar Airways?

Original review: April 13, 2021

Qatar Airways QR 516 charged 190 QR for just 2 KG extra baggage. Airline Staff were trained to squeeze the passengers, due to falling off in business. Qatar Airways trying to acquire the money in all possible way (we all knows weighing machine having + or - 2 error, so it was 30 while I checked in home). They charged me additional 30 QR as service charge as well? QA staff recommends that remove 2 kg from Baggage and put into hand baggage, they knows that nobody going to do that as we all traveling with uttermost safety measures. So the weight is not at all their considerations, just make sure they are earning Money in very unprofessional way. I was frequent flyer in QA now seems like time to have an alternative Airline.

Original review: March 27, 2021

Qatar lost luggage and has provided no support to get a resolution. They just blame the airport. I have spent hundreds of hours trying to get someone to respond with helpful information. Eventually, found a part of their website to submit claims for lost luggage, but once again they took no responsibility and haven't reimbursed me for the lost personal items and bag.

Original review: March 9, 2021

A few days before my flight I kept receiving several emails from Qatar Airways stating "Provide a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test result issued within 96 hours prior to your flight" only to find out at the time of the flight they require a negative test result within 72 hours before the departure! Long story short I couldn't catch my flight and had to return to the hotel. The staff at the airport didn't cancel my flight and it was treated as "No Show" and as a result the day after they made me pay $400 to rebook for another flight. Very rude staff and terrible customer service.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

When Qatar launched its promotional campaign to assist medical staff with free tickets, we spent a couple of nights trying our chances to sync in and win the lottery. Amazingly, it finally worked and we were thrilled to be able to fly anywhere in the world. Sadly, it turned out that the limit is far lower than the sky. In order to find the destinations and dates that suited us we had to painstakingly and haphazardly experiment with each potential flight, since only a selected few had the right label, or category, entitling you to use the campaign bonus.

Finally, after much fuss and hassle, we successfully booked a trip to a tropical destination that was supposed to be a reward for all the hard time with Covid here in Poland (my husband is a doctor). Then, not long ago, the flight was cancelled. Since, apparently, flexible date changes are only available until the end of March this year, we decided to get a refund - this, again, was as hassle-full as possible (the website offers no real contact option - it's necessary to use the helpline, which is as busy as can be). An awful, nerve-racking loss of time. Highly disrecommended.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

I had a horrible experience with Qatar Airways going from San Francisco (SFO), US on 12/24 to Turkey (SAW) via Doha (DOH). The experience was horrible not because of external circumstances (Covid etc. which are understandable) but because of lack of care from QA staff at 4 different points which led to us missing the connecting flight from Doha to Turkey (SAW airport). Error once or twice is somewhat acceptable but when you see the horrendous service repeatedly it cannot be forgotten.

Long story short, QA refused to support accommodation or food because of flight delays. As an American, I guess I take this guaranteed that the airline will support such things but I've learned my lessons not to rely on Qatar Airways. On the plus side, I liked their food but I will never fly QA again (IA). I see that another lady has noted the same issue. QA staff at Doha told us that they care and that there was no accommodation etc. but all of that was lies. They just listen to you but they are not authorized to help in any way. I'd avoid Qatar Airways always.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

I fly a lot but my first flight on Qatar is my last on Qatar. Their ads emulate Emirates but it’s false. Bad staff attitude and Managers are unauthorized to make changes when they screw up. Dirty planes. Ran out of food on both long flights. SOCCER IS COMING TO QATAR. Do NOT use this airline. All others are better and safer in my opinion!!!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

Customer service team was terrible at the Doha airport, my flight was delayed for 14 hours and I was with my 2 year old sick child. The staff refused to accommodate me & lied and stated that there was no rooms available at the airport hotel for stay or the lounges. They advised me to sit on the benches for 14 hours?? And when I walked into the hotel just to ask them if they had an availability they were able to give me a room right away away. So my question is why they lied so they didn't have to accommodate me. Brushed me off by saying THERE WAS NO ROOMS AVAILABLE WHICH WAS A LIE BECAUSE I STAYED IN ONE. When I was boarding I spoke to the agents on the booths at Qatar airways. Promise to compensate me for the hotel fare and when I reached out to them via email they completely denied and offered their apologies for the inconvenience.

I will never fly with the airline again just because they misinforming their passengers lying to them also not accommodating or giving refund for the hotel fare that was promised to me. For the delayed flights and are highly unprofessional. They should give priority to the passengers traveling with infants and toddlers. Person that I spoke with over the email was Mohamed ** who also refused to help. VIP & Premium Care Officer at Qatar airways.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

We have been refused to board on 24.11.20 by airline staff @ Doha for our travelling to Chennai by requesting kids PCR negative test, We showed them proof from their website which clearly states PCR is not required for travelling to Chennai and Children's below 12 years are exempted while accompanying with family members tested negative, hence we showed them parent negative result (even it's not required for Chennai as per their travel requirement) and ask us to board with our kids but they refused by asking kids PCR negative report.

We forced to reschedule our dates by paying additional amount, hence we lost money, time and all other arrangements made to pick us from Chennai Airport to native on planned date. After this, we have approached airline Customer service and requested why different information is posted in their websites on travel requirements than the actual one which airport staffs were looking.

We received a reply that it is passengers’ responsibility to verify all these requirements (To be honest we have followed as per their clear guidelines provided in their website) Can someone tolerate this, that they are expecting passengers should aware all the internal instructions given to airline staffs @ airport, wherein such requirements won’t be posted anywhere in their official webpage nor inform to passenger prior to boarding. I am sharing our bitter experience to makes others to aware from such misguided information and airline will not help for any compensation claims even it is their mistakes.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

I booked a flight from Mumbai to DFW for Dec 27th with Qatar on Dec 14th. No travel restrictions prevented me from booking. I was denied boarding today due to new rules which surfaced 2 backs & ONLY airport staff had them. The website doesn't have the new rules, Gov of India website don't have those rules published & the travel agent also did not have this new information. This is private information not available anywhere. I was not communicated even though rules was out 2 days back. They did NOT offer any help. I have not received any refund for the flight NOR would Qatar approve the refund for my travel agent. I was stranded at airport at 4am. Pathetic service, don't book Qatar during Pandemic. They can deny boarding anytime.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

I have flown before with Qatar and always enjoyed my flight. However, post coronavirus, things have dramatically changed. I had every piece of paperwork filled out. As an EU resident, I was fully within my rights to go to Spain as is mentioned on every website I found. Furthermore, I had a formal invitation from an environmental organisation to come as an environmental specialist.

So, I go to my flight 3 hours beforehand, negative PCR test and all required documents in hand. I was pulled aside and told that the Spanish authorities did not approve my documents and they would not permit me to board the flight. I asked them if they had sent all the documents, and they said they still needed one (that I had sent hours ago). I showed them again and they told me to wait. Then finally, 20 minutes before boarding, they inform me that my entry has been rejected and I would not be permitted to board the flight. I asked if I could at least change my connecting flight after Doha. I was told that because I was not permitted in Qatar, despite the fact that everyone knows that a connection is not entering the country. And because I was rejected, I would not be reimbursed for the flight. Keep in mind, I have never spoken directly to any of these said “authorities” and even had my approved Spanish entry QR code already printed, which they had.

So, they said my only option was to call the 24-hour customer assistance in Qatar to change my flight within 20 minutes as it must be done before the flight boards or I lose the ticket. This was all at 2 o’clock in the morning. I did call. I was on hold for 27 minutes before I told another member of the personal that it’s not working and asked if they had direct access. I was pushed aside and dismissed and treated like a non-human until the flight was boarding and they just shrugged their shoulders and said “too late.” The way I was treated was so horrible and so dismissive, I would never fly with them again nor would I recommend this airline to anyone, even during the pandemic.

Qatar Airways Company Information