Qatar Airways

Qatar Airways Reviews

3.7/5 (477 ratings)

About Qatar Airways Reviews

Qatar Airways Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Qatar Airways?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Qatar Airways?

Original review: June 20, 2022

I bought 2 return tickets from Brisbane to Warsaw via Doha with Qatar Airways. I paid premium, because Qatar offered the best connection in the meaning of time wasted for the layover. We were supposed to have 2.5h layover in Doha going from Australia to Poland and 1h on our way back. I always buy the shortest connection. We were very happy that we found such connection, so we did prefer to pay premium but not have to wait for 5 hours or more for the connecting flight. One month later, on the 15th of February we received a notification that our itinerary had changed, and the layover time extended by 18 hours and 20 minutes! Few days later, we received another e-mail informing us that our layover in Doha was extended to 20 hours 35 minutes! They basically wasted the whole day of our lives not offering a hotel room or anything!

At the Doha airport we went to Qatar Customer Service and imagine, that as a compensation they offered us a meal voucher! We bought expensive tickets because of the layover they offered and then WE ENDED UP WAITING A DAY FOR OUR CONNECTION FLIGHT WITHOUT ANY COMPENSATION WHATSOEVER! This was the worst traveling experience ever.

Original review: June 17, 2022

I was once a very Happy Qatar customer and member, but not at the moment. At Melbourne International Airport approximately 2 weeks ago, I checked my wife in with a 5 month & 3 year old child, the service I got was definitely not up to scratch. We asked if we could get a pram at DOHA airport, which was what we have done in the past, they said this is something they don't do anymore???,

We then asked for the supervisor, she was flustered, in a rush and used Covid as an excuse to why no pram could be supplied, even though wheelchairs are available and supplied, no assistance for infants??? This now made life difficult for my wife, we now had to figure out how she could get from 1 gate to another at DOHA with a 5 month old infant, 3 year old and 3 carry on baggages. Not only was this an issue, To top it off, my wife had to pull apart the pram at the gate at Melbourne airport, put it into 2 bags whilst a stranger was holding our infant child.

It gets better, my wife landed in Adana/Turkey airport and one of 2 bags she had to put the prams and bassinet in is missing, the top bassinet for the pram is nowhere to be seen, without the bassinet, the pram is useless, she is not happy at all. I've been a very happy Qatar member and advocate of Qatar for a long time, but this time I was not happy at all, no care of a 5 month old infant she now had to carry, a 3 year old to look after and 3 carry on baggages, PUT YOURSELF IN HER SHOES!!!

I've asked other airlines about supplying prams, they did not have an issue. We then asked the attendant if we could put one of the carry on bags into the bottom of the plane to help us with the situation we were in, they asked for about $600 to put a 7 kilo bag into baggage, this is embarrassing if you ask me. I've sent numerous emails about the missing bassinet, I've attached pictures of our pram showing the missing bassinet that goes on top, told them it would definitely be sitting at DOHA airport because the attendant did not put a barcode sticker on the bag or basinet, but guess what, NO ONE has responded to my emails.

Where has customer service, customer care & customer retention gone??? Come on QATAR, you are better than that. I will be going with Qatar July 19 and we are coming back together, if I had my way, I would consider changing airlines, but I can't because I will be coming back with the family, at least she will have me to help this time, FOR FREE!!! Let's hope my experience up and back is a better one

Original review: June 12, 2022

I really don't understand why people love this airline. We were looking forward to flying Qatar due to all the good reviews, but we were sorely disappointed. First, in Dallas preparing to board our first Qatar flight to Doha on route to Kathmandu, my husband was mysteriously placed on a stand by list, despite having a full price ticket. No explanation. We had to wait until the last moment and then were given crappy bulkhead seats, so no underseat storage for items needed during the 15 hour flight. Another couple with business class tickets were also placed on stand-by for no reason. Service for that long of a flight was minimal. Seats were really close and cramped. A woman next to me had her arm on the armrest, but I needed to open it to access the entertainment controls. So every time I needed to change the volume or look for a movie, I had to lift her arm up.

On the way back, the flight was delayed for 2.5 hours. I understand now, that the Kathmandu airport is always a total cluster and that was not the fault of the airlines. To Qatar's credit, they did have staff waiting at the gate to help usher people to connecting overseas flights, given we had less than an hour to disembark then get across the airport, go through security twice, and check in.

My luggage was lost. After waiting over an hour in DFW for the last bags to come out, it was clear my bag was not there. By that time, the Qatar Airlines representative was long gone at the Bag Service counter. So in Tulsa, I filed a report with American Airlines, but, of course, they told me to contact Qatar. The online filing process is cumbersome and my scanned documents weren't in a form their website liked so I spent over an hour trying to complete the form and find new ways to upload the documents. I tried the online messaging only to be told to keep working at trying new ways to upload the documents. I tried calling the number listed and it just rang and rang. I finally got the form completed and of course the last question was, why didn't I contact someone at the airport? Poor service all around.

Original review: June 9, 2022

I booked a flight to Doha and had one checked bag allowance. I wanted to check in 2 bags as I had spent some time in Germany and had purchased a few items.

The website and the app won't allow you to add an additional bag, instead it gives you fee information on increasing the weight allowance in 1Kg steps. So an additional 25Kg costs around $650. I thought that must be a mistake as the ticket price was close to this price. I called Qatar and after 30 minutes of discussion with a rude support personnel, I was told there was no way to purchase another bag but only to increase weight at the price of $600+. This is ridiculous, will never fly this airline.

Original review: June 8, 2022

What's going on with Qatar Air? When boarding my flight to Doha, I was informed that the business class seat was broken and I was offered a seat in economy. However, the ticket adjustment has never been resolved. No refund after 30 days! No response or ability to communicate with customer service! Similar to another reviewer, on the return leg, my 24-hour PCR test was denied. The agent told me to rush to a local hospital for an antigen test, which I did, but it was also unsuccessful. As a result, I rebooked my flight for the following day and took a third COVID test. On the telephone with a Qatar Airways employee, I was quoted a $1k flight change fee but was billed $1900 for the ticket. No response! No ability to communicate with customer service!

Qatar Airlines has not upheld four of its Customer Service Commitments, in accordance with the U.S. Department of Transportation requirements.

• Ensure responsiveness to customer complaints
• Provide prompt ticket refunds
• Offer the lowest available fare

• Notify customers of changes to their travel itineraries

I'm so sad because I used to love this airline.

Original review: June 7, 2022

We are having so much difficulty with booking tickets online, when we call customer service they don’t even help us. After few attempts we are able to book the tickets but when we update the preferences it got updated at that time, the issue is when we reviews the iternary it shows that no meal preferences, we ended up with no option. Indigo flight with Qatar service also worst, my parents struggled with food and all. This is the worst flight ever.

Original review: June 7, 2022

I had to miss my flights to Dubai on 5/25/22 because my Rapid Antigen test was not accepted by Qatar Airways, and drive 4.5-5 hours for nothing. I was told this was my responsibility. This is information Qatar Airways could have provided ahead of time, so I could be prepared and then be liable for if I didn't comply after paying over $1,250.00 for my tickets. I also lost my online upgrade that I spent $205 (credit card) and 2,000 Avios used for the upgrade - I submitted an online refund request. Despite the hotel night I missed ($50.68 + $11.39 tax) + the 10 AED required at the hotel, the $90 gas expense for the 4.5-hour drive, the $21 parking fee for 5/25, the $211 charge for a rush PCR test (an expense that would have been $24 less with forewarning) + any other inconvenience with my time and mileage, I was willing to forego those inconveniences if my upgrade was honored. It was neither honored nor refunded.

Their customer service is great until you have an issue - which defeats the purpose in conflict resolution. I was forced to endure a 15.5-hour flight from LAX to Doha beside a male passenger that was physically aggressive even though I asked to be moved and told the only available seat was near a woman with children when I saw at least 4 seats available on the tablet the airline host used. On my return leg, my call to a flight attendant was ignored and headphones were not provided to watch movies. Their food was excellent and generous.

Upon encountering the same Covid testing issue on the return leg, I finally thought "enough is enough." I heard the same line about 'responsibility' and finally replied, "but I'm flying your airline." Qatar Airways has a duty to supply this information because I had already suffered the brunt of hearing testing information at the ticket counter, and could have arrived earlier. I had to pay for a taxi (via credit card because I spent all my cash) going to the other Terminal for testing (30.50 AED, $8.80 US Dollars) and coming from Terminal 3 (21.50 AED, $6.20 US Dollars) with the last taxi driver delaying me. Both expenses were converted to US Dollars. I'm not the only customer to complain and even airport staff agreed with me.

I spent 150 AED ($43.70 US Dollars) on the Rapid Antigen test. It's much easier to travel to the U.S. than Dubai. I would like to say I enjoyed my trip, but I cannot. I simply tried to make the best of it and that's attributed to Qatar Airways, who now owes me a total of $443.95. I wouldn't advise anyone to use the airline based on my experience.

Original review: June 3, 2022

From start to finish my experience with Qatar Airways was awful. To start I was not allowed to take my carry on with me even though it fit. The flight left an hour late so it could accommodate more people getting on. No one seemed to care which blew my mind. I was flying from Dallas to Qatar. You would think they would make up so time because of the delay. Nope. Didn't care which was awesome 'cause I didn't wanna make my connection anyways.

Needless to say I got an email saying because of the delay I was being taken off the flight and moved to another one. When I asked for compensation 'cause I missed my hotel reservations. They said that's not their fault and won't compensate me. To make things even better. The flight I got transferred to my bags got put on then taken back off. Again the company said that it's not their problem even though they did that. I still don't have my bags. I have never experienced anything like this level of not caring for a customer after you make a mistake.

Original review: May 29, 2022

My flight was from Calgary to Seattle. Flight got delayed in Calgary by 5 hours due to Biden landing at Seattle and I missed all the connections for no fault of mine. The nightmare started once I landed in Seattle, nobody had any clue how to handle it including the baggage. I was on the phone to reschedule the flight for 3 hours since a couple of unprofessional call center agents decided to drop my call after I was on hold for more than an hour and incurred about $300 worth of airtime cost and was not provided a hotel to stay for the night that's another $160.00 in addition to the nightmare I had to go through. I will never ever fly with Qatar Airways.

Original review: May 28, 2022

I booked a business class ticket from Miami to Amman (via Doha). Since I live in Orlando, I rented a car and drove 4 hours to reach Miami airport. I had requested a wheelchair in advance because my leg was still recovering from an injury that caused my calf to rupture. I told them I had rented a car and that I needed help from the parking lot to the airport. They said they could bring a wheel chair to the parking lot provided I go to the check-in counter and inform them that I have arrived. I was shocked and told them that I have trouble walking but they said they couldn't do anything about it.

When I arrived at the airport, I parked at the Qatar Airways door (#10) and went in to tell them that I had arrived and needed a wheelchair. After a four hour drive, they surprised me by telling me that the flight had been canceled and that I needed to wait to be rebooked. I cooperated and said I needed a wheelchair to come to parking lot just as we had agreed on. They refused. I parked in the parking lot across the street and walked to them which I couldn't do because of my injured leg. Because of this, my muscle completely ruptured again, and three weeks of treatment went to waste. I then went back to the check in counter, crying of pain. I begged for a wheelchair. I sat on the floor for over an hour begging for the wheelchair I had previously asked for. After over an hour, they brought a wheelchair but made it impossible to help me throughout my whole trip (including staying at the hotel..etc).

I then said I was going to cancel and drive back home but I needed them to let me take the wheelchair to the parking lot because I could no longer walk (or even stand up). They refused. After 4 hours of me begging them because there was nothing I could do, they agreed to let them take me to the parking lot (which was a 5 minute walk). I have never been so mistreated and humiliated in my life. I was helpless and they just didn't want to help. The people that worked there were horrible and rude and shocking to say the least. This was one of three bad encounters I have had. I flew several times with Qatar Airways, but I will never fly with them again. Their customer service is by far the worst.

Original review: May 25, 2022

Worse customer services ever, they broke my luggage, It's been week since I'm trying to contact with them to get reference number in order I can go online and make a claim in their website. No one did respond to me and some of them even hanged up the phone. Now they are saying since 10 days has passed from my flight they are not able to help. I also brought silver handmade candle holder for my daughter wedding with that broke as well.

Original review: May 19, 2022

Qatar Airways can't find my 2 checked bags (over $15,000 in value) for 3 days and it's impossible to reach the baggage team. Even the local agent who reported my incident input all the wrong bag information in the WorldTracer system, so I had to contact Qatar Airways several times to correct it. The bag info is still incorrect although I provided all details about my bags many times. I don't know why they can't correct wrong inputs at once. Also, most baggage team numbers they provided are not in service. The team is hiding from angry customers who lost their luggage. Even the call enter agents are not friendly at all. They sound like they want to end the call to go home asap. It's the worst customer service in my life. I will never use this terrible airline. I will start sharing this dreadful experience with Qatar Airways on social media. If Qatar Airways see this message, please kick your baggage team ** to find my lost bags (File ref# **).

Original review: May 16, 2022

Flight was cancelled for "unforeseen reasons". No prior notification which frankly could easily have been done given the flight never left Auckland for Adelaide. Promised further info at 06.30 the next day. Nothing. No information about onward flights with Qatar being rescheduled. It's Midday now. Afternoon in Auckland but no information. Worst customer service ever.

Original review: May 12, 2022

One of the worst airline with pathetic service I have flown with.. My flight was changed and asked to review for lounge or hotel as I am travelling with younger kids: case reference: ** was submitted 2 weeks prior the flight. No one bothered to answer after two follow up emails. Do you recommend this airlines: heck not at all. Thanks, A.

Original review: April 26, 2022

Qatar Airways cancelled our flights because of Covid in 2019 and gave us vouchers after months although I asked for refund as per their 0 penalty refund policy at the time which was changed all of the sudden. Anyway they double the price when I bought new tickets using vouchers. Once Qatar announced the tickets fee are refundable with no extra charge then I asked for and they returned only the second booking fees and not the vouchers amount.

When I contacted Qatar they referred me to the agent that I initially bought the tickets from back in 2018. I called the agent at the time but was told they paid Qatar Airways and never hold any cents from the booking date. Qatar hold the money for about 4 years now and doesn’t respond properly. I contacted them thousand of times via email, phone (waiting 45 min), club and Facebook but faced with different answers (eg vouchers will be issued within 48 hours and as a such). I haven’t got my money back yet. I’m really feeling ripped off…

Original review: April 18, 2022

Qatar Airways consistently wins airline of the year. Once on the plane it's all good (bar that AWFUL droning qatar airways music they play way too often). My gripe is with their customer service before you are on the plane. The staff in their call centres are unable/not allowed to make the simplest of decisions. Their knowledge of procedures is pitiful. Bar booking a flight they are unable to do almost anything. Anything requiring modicum of 'extra' knowledge about products/services/requirements during covid is met with a blank stare or silence on a call.

Original review: April 17, 2022

Missed a transit flight due to the Qatar Airways. When asked for upgrades acting like it was our fault. No Mister Ali ** supervisor customer services. It was your airline fault. And you made us sit at air port on floors for many hrs. Without giving us a room or accommodating us to another flight to go to our home LAX. I lost business of thousands of dollars due at my veterinary clinic due to their staff not boarding us on our flight to LAX. Which was boarding for only 50 min and they told us it's too late. Then making false promises and then disappearing for hours.

Original review: April 12, 2022

My ticket was from Casablanca Morocco to Doha Qatar flight number QR 1398. First our flight delay more than one hour. After that I food served was finish I didn’t get anything, on the fly in asked the blankets. Not available also, was one of the bad flight in my life.

Original review: April 8, 2022

Qatar airline is a good airline from the aircraft on! What I mean by that is when you enter the aircraft, BUT you must search for your answers if you have any questions very hard because their website is very difficult to understand and practically you get no answers and when you call, people who work for them have a very heavy accent and very hard to understand, they can not help you, their customer service is extremely slow and not helpful, I honestly cried when I called to get my answer!

And their website keeps disappearing and giving you a general info and not specific, I had to drive to the airport physically to talk to their staff two days before my departure, I had a couple of questions, very simple (country of entry requirements and stuff that you can carry in your luggage and the lounge for my business class ticket)!! Am very tired of struggling with their primitive website and their staff on the ground who hardly understand English, specifically on the phone with a very heavy foreign accent. Hope they can correct it because the inside service of the aircraft is very good.

Original review: March 30, 2022

I flew from LED to COO on 13.03.2022 but arriving at Doha, I was denied boarding on flight QR 1423 from DOH to ABJ on 14.03 because I had a leg pain from standing too long in their horrible airport where there is nowhere to sit. Paramedics discharged me before boarding was completed and I signed a waiver that I do not want to go to the clinic and paramedics gave my vital signs but I was still denied boarding and taken to the clinic by force. The doctor had to write another report for them where he said again I AM NOT SICK. I missed my flight due to QA airport staff incompetency and inhumane service.

I had to stay at the airport 26h in emotional distress, crying while QA staff was ignoring me and threatening me they will not rebook my flight, Qatar Airways did not provide for accommodation and were just plain rude and condescending. I was sitting on chairs for 26h! Because of Qatar Airways' awful service when I landed in ABJ on 15.03.2022 morning my PCR from LED expired and I was being denied check in. I had to pay around 76 EUR for a new PCR plus an hotel stay for 10h before the final flight ABJ to COO on a codeshare airline Air Cote D'Ivoire. I arrived in COO on 16.03 at 01:30 am!!! I spent 3 days flying home because of QA!!

I’m extremely disappointed and traumatized by QA service. I experienced emotional distress and financial losses because of QA. I arrived with more than 26h delay!!! It is unacceptable, with no reply and compensation from Qatar Airways. They kept my passport, refused to give it to me until I boarded the next flight, I paid 1000EUR one way to hell. This is the first and last time I fly this awful airline. The nurses at the clinic said they send to them even people with back or period pain and cancel people's flight for them to be desperate and rebook flight at their own expense. NEVER FLY THIS AIRLINE, I wish I saw the reviews before.

Original review: March 28, 2022

I called Qatar Airways’ Contact Center to check on an earlier request I had made for a child restraint device, only to be told that my flight (QR1379 from Doha to Algiers on 28 March) had been cancelled. Up until that point I hadn’t been notified by either the airline or the agent I purchased the tickets from. I requested a new booking be made for the next available flight but was told that the route is suspended until 8 April. As the date is more than 24 hours away, policy dictates that ticketing agents handle the booking, so the airline declined to assist. On subsequent contact with the ticketing agent, it was revealed that my entire itinerary (SIN-DOH/DOH-ALG + ALG-DOH/DOH-SIN) was cancelled by the airline.

After much wrangling, and a few more calls (and a lifetime of waiting) to the Contact Center (where all personnel confirmed that flight QR1379 was cancelled) I managed to get the ticketing agents to re-book and re-issue tickets for the first available date (i.e. 8 April). On the morning of 28 March however, I received an SMS from the airline that flight QR1379 was on schedule. I checked the Internet for all flight data I could get and this was corroborated - the flight was set for take-off. I called in to the Contact Center again, and was told this time there weren’t any issues with QR1379, no other explanation. Why on earth then was I told that the flight was cancelled?? The amount of trouble I had to go through to re-arrange travel plans (with a toddler in tow), not to mention the cost (financial and emotional) of changing those plans - all because of misinformation by the airline staff at the Contact Center.

The whole situation is preposterous and I emailed to demand compensation but predictably, was denied any remedy by the airline because I hadn’t purchased from them directly. Qatar Airways would have you believe that booking directly with them would guarantee you better protections, but having read all these complaints I’m not certain that is true. I’m still perplexed at the blunder and misrepresentation of fact that were made by the airline in this case. Utterly disappointing.

Original review: March 23, 2022

I recently flew on vacation to the Maldives with my husband. I researched Emirates, Qatar and Turkish Airlines and chose Qatar because of their most recent award as the #1 airline. How did that happen? I have 2 complaints about their service: The first is they changed our seats without notifying us and the 2nd is their practices of when passengers disembark the plane.

I booked the flights (JFK to Doha and Doha to Male) well in advance of our March 2022 vacation. I selected Economy and paid the extra $ to allow me to select our own seats. The day before the flights, we checked in on their app (not very intuitive) and noticed that they had changed our seats. Not only were we in the back of the plane, but they separated us from each other. I called their customer service and after 3 hours I still had no resolution. They told me to try and rectify the problem when we get to the airport.

The second issue we experienced (on both legs of the trip) was their practices of passengers disembarking the aircraft- Business versus Economy (Baggage Class). We landed late in Doha and had to connect on the flight to Male. The curtains were closed, separating Business from Economy, allowing the Business class passengers to leave the plane first. Not a problem- BUT, well after the Business Class passengers had left the aircraft the staff started cleaning up the area while the Economy passengers still were stuck behind the curtains! Many of these passengers had tight schedules to catch their transfers.

This also happened on the trip back from Doha to JFK. When the passengers asked why they didn't allow them to leave after the Business Class passengers were well off the plane, the staff became confrontational. Economy passengers are paying good money and make up the majority of the revenue for each of these flights. Qatar Airways should train the staff to not take it out on the Economy Class and let the passengers disembark immediately after the Business Class passengers leave the plane. It seems the staff and/or the airlines have decided to impose a caste system. Terrible!

Original review: March 20, 2022

I recently travelled in Qatar airlines from India to Sweden. It was one of my worst experiences. The ground staff at Chennai (48 counter - 15 March) was extremely rude and disrespectful. I started to wonder if it is an international airline or Indian platform liquor shop. I am surprised by the fact that he is still employed. He was rude to me as well as to one of their own employee. She was humiliated before everyone. When she had a question regarding my boarding, she called him multiple times but he did not respond. Then she called him "Brother can you please answer me". Then he answered this "Adhellam pana mudiyadhu nu sollu" in Tamil. This is a highly disrespectful term. I thought he was a problem.

When I had another issue with my luggage I contacted the supervisor who answered "Unkita decenta ya dhane pesren". It was a nightmare until I boarded the plane. Qatar airlines should seriously look into this issue. I felt that this might be also due to religion based discrimination. I was wearing a holy chain with beads and both the rude employees were Muslims. I am wondering that if that had caused them to behave in this way.

Original review: March 19, 2022

I am so devastated and frustrated with Qatar. I think at this stage I have made about 10 phone calls and as many emails and still do not have my issue resolved. My husband and I both requested refunds on separate bookings and neither of us have received our refunds. When we have contacted Qatar for help, they claim that the refunds have been issued. When I ask for evidence, they refuse to give me any claiming that they are unable to provide evidence of a refund via email.

When I tried to respond to emails, I received bounce back messages saying that there was a “cybersecurity warning”. After a lot of pushing, I was able to obtain ARN numbers. When I tried to give my bank these numbers for follow up, they said that the numbers meant nothing to them. No one at Qatar will help me and no one will provide me with any kind of evidence that my refund has been granted. I’m hoping that someone will get in contact to help us in response to this review. We are incredibly upset and out of pocket more than $3000 which is a lot of money to us. It has been very distressing dealing with Qatar.

Original review: March 6, 2022

I feel the need to share a recent experience that my husband had aboard an Qatar flight from JFK. My husband has medical issue that requires that his legs can not be in the bent position for long. As a result, we paid for extra legroom seats and selected the seats when we booked the flight. When my husband boarded the flight they attempted to force him to sit in a seat that was not accommodating his disability. When he tried to explain the situation to the flight attendant she refused to look at his receipt which clearly showed his actual seat number and the fact that he paid extra for the seat. He asked for help getting it resolved and the attendant left him standing in the aisle for 30 minutes. At that point, a very rude and abusive individual came and said that he was the manager. My husband began to explain the situation and he refused to listen. He then threatened my husband and told him to either sit in the seat and shut up or get off the plane.

My husband was obviously distraught as the trip he was taking was for his mother’s memorial who died during covid. Since he was not able to attend her funeral or be with her when she died, it was very important for him to be there. Qatar is a racist airline and a abusive one at that. Their employees are arrogant, nasty and disrespectful. They causes my disabled husband an extreme amount of distress. We have contacted our attorney as I have witnesses of the entire situation. Your employees to have the right to demean anyone and then expect to be treated respectfully. YOU ARE NOT BETTER THAN ANYONE!!! They did not want to take the time to look into the matter because they simply could not be bothered. The manager’s exact words were that he was not delaying the flight for anyone. I have witnessed countless situations where Qatar employees degraded passengers. THEIR REVIEWS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES. SHAME ON YOU QATAR.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Well today was a great mess up, I was scheduled to fly on Jan 6th, 2022 QR 740 from LAX – DOH – DBX. I was at the airport 2 hours before departure doing my regular check-in. There does not seem to be any kind of exclusive platinum line, they are all mixed together to any kind of status you have with Qatar is pretty much all just washed into Biz class. The lady at the counter had taken my details for check–in and let me wait for another 10 min, while she was still nickel and dimming another family for having a slightly heavier suitcase of 3 – 5 kg over the weight limit. – Yes and this family was also traveling in Biz class. I was put on hold for about 10 minutes watching this entire shuffling of suitcase components.

10 minutes later she got back to me and I gave her my Qatar Airways app with my booking details for today departure Jan 6th. She said she could not find my booking so she went to check with the manager, another 10 min have passed. She came back and told me my flight is booked for tomorrow I said no cant’ be I have my booking right here and showed her my phone again, Jan 6th it even showed on my phone flight is ready for check-in.

I made it very clear, that her company application and booking is telling me that the flight is today that is why I am at the airport. It’s not the first time I am flying I have Solitaire PPS status with Singapore Airlines for several years now. if there is a mistake in their system not working then please get it fixed and make the necessary changes. I have not received any notification that there is an issue with the Qatar booking system not showing bookings correctly.

Another 10 minutes pass and I am waiting a junior supervisor come back out to me with a printout telling me, "Sir your flight is tomorrow." I explain the details again why I am here and show him my booking on my phone showing departure Jan 6th. He tells, "I am sorry but nothing I can do. I have spoken to my supervisor, you will need to call reservations to make a change, we can’t do anything here. And it's too late already checking has closed already." He said that it looks like there is a problem that the booking details show up with the wrong time zone.

There are other customer still checking in and if you would not have let me wait here for the last 30 min, then we would have made some progress. How on earth can you treat your Platinum members which such low quality of service. I asked several times that this problem is not mine I am a customer who’s here to fly because of what is showing on my checking on my app today departure Jan 6th. I have asked now to speak to the supervisor, We are 1:20 min away from departure so still plenty of time to get 2 bags loaded and checked in.

I wait another 15 minutes for the supervisor who was promised to come to me but never showed had to chase him down myself. He finally had another look at my booking, gave him my phone again and he said, "Yes it looks like your detailed on your phone are wrongly displayed seems to be a technical issue with Qatar app." I asked again, "If there is an open seat can you please re-book me."

The guy said, "I can see here in my system, your flight is for tomorrow." I said, "Great, I can also see here on my Qatar App my flight is today Jan 6th," he accused me of why I am going to airport trying to get onto an earlier flights, am starting to lose it. I said, "Please get this fixed, if you need to change something call Qatar airways head office and get this fixed." It’s obviously not my problem, I used 90% of my phone and my apps for business and I have never come across where the date of a plane ticket would show wrongly for several weeks before departure. I made it very clear to him that it is an issue with Qatar airways and last time I checked I am standing in front of a Qatar check-in counter, at the airport who is supposed to assist a Platinum Qatar Privilege customer.

I said, "Is this how you treat your premium customer is this the type of service you provide." They wasted an entire 1:30 hour of doing nothing not once have they called Head office who could have easily fixed this. They had seat available, they did not mention they are fully booked, which could have been more understanding. He accused me of trying to get an earlier flight, I said. "Are you ** kidding me. Do you think I am wasting my time coming here for fun or something? I am here to fly because that is what my digital ticket says on my Qatar App." He asked me where I booked my ticket. I said on the Qatar website and he told me, "Why don’t you look there." I said I am using the Qatar app, that is another customer touchpoint of interaction. My App is up to date.

A few curse words started to fly by now. You can understand my view, they have acknowledged already that the data showing to the customer app is wrong, but did nothing to get me on my flight. The guy got so angry with me and told me don’t come back tomorrow he will not check me in. I told them they are bunch of clown and ** airline with 0 customer service. There is no way on earth that Qatar airways is a 5 star airlines or best airlines. Somebody got paid under the table big bucks to make that happen for them. I have flown many airlines in the past and I can confirm to you that Garuda Indonesia a four star airline provide superior customer service then Qatar Airways. Qatar Airways lacks a lot of customer service in many client touch points.

Don’t get me the wrong the Q suite product is fantastic, the airport is beautiful, the lounges in Doha are beautiful and great.
- The planes look nice.
- The selection of food is great.
- The entertainment is fantastic.
Platinum Privilege Club – non-existence/No special extras/The Privilege program is a façade. Cabin crew do not greet one by their name.
- Quality of on-board service lacks 3-4 star only.
- Cabin crew do not clean up properly after each servicing.
o No evening crews patrol to make sure customer are comfortable.
- Inconsistent service, hit or miss on each flight.

- Inconsistent cabin crew standard.

At the end of the day Qatar Airways looks beautiful but under the facade it's all smoke and mirror. As they say a car only runs as good as its mechanics. You can buy as many new planes and beautiful cabin products, but you can’t buy style and heritage.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

When I arrived to deliver the bags, a man who treated me very badly asked me for a visa to enter Kenya. I wasn't going to Qatar, I was going to Kenya. The number on my new passport was wrong, but the number on the old one was there as a national document. I showed him the old passport and he told me that it was worth nothing, even though it expired on January 22. They treated me bad. They didn't listen to me. They didn't want to talk to my wife on the phone, I don't speak English well. A gray-haired man (in Oslo) treated me as if he were a slave. I missed my vacation. I will never travel on that airline again and I will take care of spreading the case. Greetings.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

An aggrieved senior citizen. What can I say? Where do I begin? In one word it was all chaos Qatar Chennai airport counter!! When we (My wife & I) walked into Chennai International airport on the 2nd of Dec to catch our Qatar flight to Los Angles transiting through Doha I never expected that we would be put to such a torturous nightmare by Qatar airways the award winning airline. I would like to simply put it down as follows. 1. We walked in at around 12.05am to check in. We were shocked to see the serpentine queues. There were at least 3lines. No one knew why. 12.15 We contacted a good friend at the airport and he was kind enough to send an airline staff. Not a Qatar staff.

12.30 This gentlemen brought a Qatar staff. He explained that due to a technical issue the flight had not taken off from Doha. There will be considerable delay and we may miss our connection to LA. I politely showed him the qatar app and informed him that I was aware of this. So what next? He told us to wait. We pushed our trolleys to a corner and found ourselves a seat and our waiting began. By the way Chennai international airport will probably feature as one of the most badly maintained airports of the world. 12.30-1-1.30-2-2.30-3.0-3.30 No info whatsoever from Qatar. Only news we got after much persuation was that direct Doha passengers will be checked in. Others have to wait.

Finally I marched to the counter and demanded an explanation. I was informed that I have been rerouted via Frankfurt. Lufthansa being my carrier for 1leg. I literally lost my cool! Qatar staff were not even aware that as in Indian citizens we needed a transit visa!!! Finally after 6 hours they suggested we fly via Seattle. I flatly refused and told them book me on the next available fligh to LA and let us go home as my wife is nursing a hairline fracture in her leg!! and both of us are senior citizens and we should not be exposed like this in a crowded airport. To top it all qatar did not even arrange a bottle of water!!!! Appalling, irresponsible and callous behaviour indeed!!

What qatar should have done? 1.Treated passengers with care. 2. Made arrangements for water and light refreshments. 3. Should have segregated transit passengers and addressed their issues. 4.. Separated senior citizens & co-morbid passengers and kept them away from the crowd. 5. Made announcements periodically. 6. Got passenger volunteers to help them to tackle the situation. Handling crisis situations entitles you to be voted the best airline not otherwise. Will we fly qatar again? Will we recommend qatar? Most probablly not!!

Haricharan

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I am writing to express my great displeasure with the services provided by Qatar Airways and the ongoing problems it is presenting. We’ve had our tickets unknowingly cancelled and rebooked; have been forced to spend several hundred dollars of our savings because of staff errors; lost days of valuable holiday time; and are dealing with the fallout from the airline’s loss of our luggage.

I am also writing to advise that the poor service has caused ongoing problems and dangers to our 2 year old daughter – for whom we have tried to carefully plan the trip around. Specifically, the loss of our luggage and protective clothing for a European winter has been a dangerous error on the part of Qatar Airways and has resulted in the need for several urgent purchases to ensure our daughter’s safety. I am writing this email to advise in advance of the poor reviews I will be leaving and to implore you to make appropriate changes so that the same nightmare isn’t thrust upon another poor family.

Our list of grievances are as follows: The first issue arose when arriving at the airport to discover our tickets on the adjoining flight from Dohar to Prague had been cancelled several weeks prior without any notice given to us to rebook or adjust our planning. I understand the issues that COVID regulations may have on flight bookings, but the cancellation of our flight weeks prior to our departure without any notice given was absolutely appalling.

Staff informed us that they would be able to amend the issue by sending us from Dohar to Paris, and then onto Prague. They failed to specify however, that our travel time would be vastly extended, and would involve additional costs for COVID testing, food and amenities for our young daughter. Further issues arose when arriving at the Pairs airport, when we were advised that our bags would not be following us to Prague, although being assured by Qatar staff that they would join us despite the changes.

We were curtly informed by Qatar airport staff that we should find our bags ourselves or make other arrangements for their delivery. Fortunately, I was able to find another member of staff who advised us that she could arrange for the bags to join us on the following flight. Unfortunately, the bags were wrongly sent to the U.S and have since not been returned. This left us arriving to a European winter without sufficient clothing or equipment to travel, and has resulted in several otherwise unnecessary costs to us.

One of my major disappointments with our experience was reflecting on our purposeful choice to fly with Qatar airways – who we had read excellent reviews for and understood to be the best. We booked with Qatar over other airlines thinking we would have the easiest and most comfortable trip with our young daughter; but sadly, we have instead experienced rude staff, extended travel time, further costs, increased stress, and lost luggage.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

I kept bouncing back and forth between offices to sort out the issue I had at the airport. The most important point to staff in the airport is to get rid of you by telling lies and pretend courtesy. Lengthy layover time (16 hrs) without support at the airport. With painful and sore foot the cart driver declined servicing me upon request and was trying to instruct me to go (while limping) to their office to request help (to drop me to the gate). Very funny. But without hesitation and because of the past experience, I kept walking with a sore foot to the gate. Sent a feedback to customer service request email and a senseless and generic apology for as sent. Very funny. Be careful and double check before commit to fly using Qatar airways.

Qatar Airways Company Information