2. Travel

Qatar Airways Reviews

3.9/5 (304 ratings)

About Qatar Airways Reviews

Qatar Airways Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Qatar Airways?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Qatar Airways?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

Customer service team was terrible at the Doha airport, my flight was delayed for 14 hours and I was with my 2 year old sick child. The staff refused to accommodate me & lied and stated that there was no rooms available at the airport hotel for stay or the lounges. They advised me to sit on the benches for 14 hours?? And when I walked into the hotel just to ask them if they had an availability they were able to give me a room right away away. So my question is why they lied so they didn't have to accommodate me. Brushed me off by saying THERE WAS NO ROOMS AVAILABLE WHICH WAS A LIE BECAUSE I STAYED IN ONE. When I was boarding I spoke to the agents on the booths at Qatar airways. Promise to compensate me for the hotel fare and when I reached out to them via email they completely denied and offered their apologies for the inconvenience.

I will never fly with the airline again just because they misinforming their passengers lying to them also not accommodating or giving refund for the hotel fare that was promised to me. For the delayed flights and are highly unprofessional. They should give priority to the passengers traveling with infants and toddlers. Person that I spoke with over the email was Mohamed ** who also refused to help. VIP & Premium Care Officer at Qatar airways.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

We have been refused to board on 24.11.20 by airline staff @ Doha for our travelling to Chennai by requesting kids PCR negative test, We showed them proof from their website which clearly states PCR is not required for travelling to Chennai and Children's below 12 years are exempted while accompanying with family members tested negative, hence we showed them parent negative result (even it's not required for Chennai as per their travel requirement) and ask us to board with our kids but they refused by asking kids PCR negative report.

We forced to reschedule our dates by paying additional amount, hence we lost money, time and all other arrangements made to pick us from Chennai Airport to native on planned date. After this, we have approached airline Customer service and requested why different information is posted in their websites on travel requirements than the actual one which airport staffs were looking.

We received a reply that it is passengers’ responsibility to verify all these requirements (To be honest we have followed as per their clear guidelines provided in their website) Can someone tolerate this, that they are expecting passengers should aware all the internal instructions given to airline staffs @ airport, wherein such requirements won’t be posted anywhere in their official webpage nor inform to passenger prior to boarding. I am sharing our bitter experience to makes others to aware from such misguided information and airline will not help for any compensation claims even it is their mistakes.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

I booked a flight from Mumbai to DFW for Dec 27th with Qatar on Dec 14th. No travel restrictions prevented me from booking. I was denied boarding today due to new rules which surfaced 2 backs & ONLY airport staff had them. The website doesn't have the new rules, Gov of India website don't have those rules published & the travel agent also did not have this new information. This is private information not available anywhere. I was not communicated even though rules was out 2 days back. They did NOT offer any help. I have not received any refund for the flight NOR would Qatar approve the refund for my travel agent. I was stranded at airport at 4am. Pathetic service, don't book Qatar during Pandemic. They can deny boarding anytime.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

I have flown before with Qatar and always enjoyed my flight. However, post coronavirus, things have dramatically changed. I had every piece of paperwork filled out. As an EU resident, I was fully within my rights to go to Spain as is mentioned on every website I found. Furthermore, I had a formal invitation from an environmental organisation to come as an environmental specialist.

So, I go to my flight 3 hours beforehand, negative PCR test and all required documents in hand. I was pulled aside and told that the Spanish authorities did not approve my documents and they would not permit me to board the flight. I asked them if they had sent all the documents, and they said they still needed one (that I had sent hours ago). I showed them again and they told me to wait. Then finally, 20 minutes before boarding, they inform me that my entry has been rejected and I would not be permitted to board the flight. I asked if I could at least change my connecting flight after Doha. I was told that because I was not permitted in Qatar, despite the fact that everyone knows that a connection is not entering the country. And because I was rejected, I would not be reimbursed for the flight. Keep in mind, I have never spoken directly to any of these said “authorities” and even had my approved Spanish entry QR code already printed, which they had.

So, they said my only option was to call the 24-hour customer assistance in Qatar to change my flight within 20 minutes as it must be done before the flight boards or I lose the ticket. This was all at 2 o’clock in the morning. I did call. I was on hold for 27 minutes before I told another member of the personal that it’s not working and asked if they had direct access. I was pushed aside and dismissed and treated like a non-human until the flight was boarding and they just shrugged their shoulders and said “too late.” The way I was treated was so horrible and so dismissive, I would never fly with them again nor would I recommend this airline to anyone, even during the pandemic.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

A year ago I would have raved about how good Qatar airlines was. Customer service was like no other. But now that they are out-sourcing calls to India customer care is no existent. I have had nothing but frustration from them...I will tell you my last experience. They changed my last flight 5 times. I understand with Covid this is something that may happen. I have been patient about it. The first time they changed it they messed up my reservation so I had 4 flights instead of two. No one would listen to me to fix it. The last time they changed it my seats were removed.

After countless hours of frustrating calls to Indian representatives who did not understand me or me them I was told I have to now pay money for the seats I originally had on my itinerary!! I even wrote to Qatar privilege card people and was pretty much told "sorry, new rules are you pay for every seat"! How can they take my seats away and then tell me to pay for them? I did not change my ticket. They did.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

It was worst experience, I booked my ticket 4 months before, which was cancelled by airline and I am still waiting for refund. Why do they accept booking if they can not fly nor they can refund. I will never recommend this airline to anyone. I wanted to give zero rating.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

My flight was canceled 9/27 due airlines issues. I was not offered hotel or transportation. I was told to come back 9/28 and then my flight was diverted to Oman airport for 3 hours. Then I missed my connection flight to Denver Colorado. It was horrible experience going back home missed meeting and work on Monday. I travel with Qatar every year since 2017 for all international flights. Never experienced such horrible service. I would like reimbursement or free flight for horrible experience with Qatar Airways.

Resolution response: Sept. 22, 2020

This was resolved.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2020

I have booked a ticket and then was refused boarding due to COVID rules which were never communicated to me in advance. I have lost time, money and effort. They have refunded money back, BUT! After 10 days removed it again from my credit card! So, they keep your credit card details and then use them whenever they feel like to remove it later from your account. Beware which card you are using to book tickets.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

It's sad Qatar Airways to advertise all awards winning every year but their customer service to be so inadequate and rude. I was planning to fly from Athens to South Korea but Qatar Airways denied boarding because according to them I didn't have correct documents to fly. When I contacted Korea immigration office and local Embassy they confirmed me that my documents were fine and Qatar wrongly denied boarding. I submitted complain claim to airlines website, attached all emails and documents I had from Korean government but still they refused my claim without any reason and valid documentation. Poor quality and low-grade service.

Original review: July 25, 2020

My flight got cancelled due to Covid-19 because destination country has flights blocked, so I called the customer support and they told me about two choices, first being a refund, and second to get a voucher that can be used in next 12 months to book a flight with Qatar Airways. I chose the voucher option, and was told that I'd get an email in three weeks with voucher details. It's now fourth month with five calls to customer service and each time they say, "You will get email within 48 hours" and those 48 never complete. Opened a conversation with them on Facebook, and they have even bigger mules sitting there. After wasting three days explaining, they said I have to open a case to request a voucher on web. Guess what? That case is open already since April 5th, and haven't been touched by a single airline staff. Worst customers service, never using this airline again.

Qatar Airways Company Information