Qatar Airways

Qatar Airways Reviews

3.7/5 (676 ratings)

About Qatar Airways Reviews

Qatar Airways Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Qatar Airways?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

Pretty simple, used AA Points to book business class tickets with Qatar. States 2 checked bags as standard. At check in instructed to pay $500 as luggage not included, or if disagree cancel ticket. Rude gangster style behaviour, emailed 2 months ago, still waiting a reply

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

Complaint to Qatar Airways about poor customer service and solutions. Me and my family are flying with Qatar first time, we especially picked Qatar for exceptional service and reputation. We will be flying from HEL-DOH-HKT on 9.11.2022 and returning HKT-DOH-HEL at 28.11.2022. Since we are traveling with 6-year-old child we have been very concerned about our 9h transfer time in Doha airport, middle of the night, during our returning flight. To address this concern I first contacted Qatar airways to ask about different options to sleep at DOH during our stay.

I had understood normally Qatar books Onyx airport hotel automatically for over 8h transfers, but this time I was told it is impossible. However, customer service suggested, I could go to Qatar website/my trips and to book a lounge where to stay overnight with my family. I did logged in to "my trips" and reserved an only possible lounge option available.

Couple of days later, when we were doing final travel check-ups, reserving meals etc. I noticed I had booked lounge and meet & greet service for 280€ for inbound flight HKI-DOH-HKT and not to returning flight. This is absurd since transfer time on inbound flight is 2h and most likely we have no time at all to visit any lounge etc. I did as customer service at Qatar told me to do but the website offers no services/hotels/accommodation whatsoever for returning flight, so what he asked me to do was impossible.

Again, I contacted Qatar Airways customer service and spoke with Heather in Doha around 50mins. I was told they cannot do any sleeping etc. arrangements for returning flight, and also that incorrectly reserved meet & greet service could not be refunded. This is absolutely ridiculous that website even offers such platinum service for 2h transfers and equally abysmal that it cannot be cancelled at all.

When I activated the meet & greet + lounge option from "my trips" as instructed by customer rep of Qatar, I naturally assumed it would be from my 9h returning flight. However, it was not even possible to reserve anything for returning flight, and still is. Heather then informed us, there would be some sleeping areas around the airport, but could not explain at all, how close they are to the gates, how do they operate, are they normally full or is there space or can one make a reservation to such a place. Nor she was able to tell us what should we do, in order to secure us place to rest for us and our 6-year-old.

Now I am equally gobsmacked that customer service that operates at Doha airport knows very little, if anything, how airport operates and is also unable to make any recommendations. I was expecting Qatar to suggest, even make reservations, how we should plan our 9h transfer time in Doha. I have a fear, that there is not place/enough room for us to lie down or sleep and our kid will cry in misery.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

I have just recently flown return Sydney to Lahore. I had heard Qatar Airways was no 1 in the world. My experience proved otherwise. The flight crew were very curt and rude. Made me uncomfortable. The check in at the gate was a complete shambles. If I have a choice I will avoid them and choose another airline. Very disappointed in the experience.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

Booked a flight on 22 June for a family of 4 for a 15 Dec 2022 trip. Was changed multiple times by Qatar Airways. Then Qatar take it 1 step further, and removed my name from the booking (from a flight of 4 to a flight of 3). Then Qatar added a new flight (SIN - DOHA) for the flight of 3. Been ignoring me since 22 June (initially says will investigate and get back to me, now totally ignoring me). No response, no refund. just flat-out scammed me with their incompetence.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

I flew on AA air miles, business class from US to Bangalore, India on June 10, 2022 w/ 3 suitcases (extra fee $200) and returned from Bangalore India to FRA, Germany in business class, again with my 3 suitcases on Sept 12, 2022 on Qatar - AA air miles; this time I was charged at the baggage counter In RS 139,776 = $1,758.00 for 3 suitcases! I was speechless, shocked. I had to fly to family in Germany, could not postpone my flight and so far no one at Qatar has been willing to help. I was sure when I left the baggage counter in Bangalore that there must be a mistake. How is it possible that an airline with the highest rating like Qatar would impose such exorbitant and unexpected fees for 3 suitcases on a business class ticket? I trusted I would be in good hands, but was suddenly and badly disappointed. I'm a retired person with a fixed budget and am not sure how I will be able to pay my debt to the credit card company. Can anyone help?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2022

Warning before Football World Cup: Horrible experience with Qatar Airways – airline violates official entry rules at the expense of passengers. In June 2022 I wanted to fly with Qatar Airways from Perth to Berlin via Doha. Unfortunately I missed my flight QR 901 from Perth to Doha and my connecting flight because Qatar Airways did not let me on board due to a missing PCR test. According to the entry rules of the state of Qatar at this time fully vaccinated EU nationals arriving from a non-red list country (like Australia) were not required to present a PCR test upon entry. Even the travel requirements stated on Qatar Airways website in June 2022 were saying: „Fully vaccinated/recovered GCC residents and EU, UK, and Malaysian Nationals/Residents who hold any of the approved health apps reflecting their immune status: pre-travel RT-PCR test is optional.“ I had met these requirements. Qatar Airways does not deny that either.

The airline justifies the rejection with a sentence in the Qatari pre-entry registration form which says "Kindly carry a valid PCR test with validity of 48 hours while travelling. You are exempted from quarantine." Qatar Airways is not interested in the fact that this sentence contradicts the official entry rules valid in June. My reference to the entry regulations for EU nationals mentioned above was also ignored. Qatar airways did not respond to my request to clarify the situation with the Qatar ministry responsible for the entry form. In the meantime, the entry requirements have been changed by the Qatari government. This can possibly help to prevent a disaster like mine in the future. What remains is the unprofessional behavior of Qatar Airways and the violation of the official entry rules by Qatar Airways in June.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

Terrible experience with this airline, our domestic flight was late so we arrived at the check-in counter literally one minute after the time check-in gets closed, i.e 59 minutes before the flight time. They refused to check us in sighting "rules are rules even if it's one minute", I asked the higher up manager to intervene but she was even less helpful. My observation was they closed the flight way before the 1 hour window and they were just too lazy to reopen it despite having had enough time to do so. That messed up with our holiday plans and tour bookings and we ended up spending a night in Auckland and catching the next flight. I will never book with Qatar Airways again and do not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

Unbelievably horrible experience, we had to change travel plans literally the day after booking our tickets, so we called fully aware that we would likely have to pay a cancellation fee. The woman on the phone assured us that if we cancelled our tickets we could receive a full refund. When we went to cancel shortly thereafter, they would only refund us a partial amount, stealing about $800 from us that wasn't disclosed on the phone with their customer service. PLUS they still charged us a cancellation fee!

When we called back to try to resolve this issue, the customer service representative said their policy 'just changed' however, that if we were in fact told we could receive a full refund once they had a supervisor listen to the call to confirm our story. They said this would take 48 hours. Two days later we called back to figure out the status of our case, if a supervisor had listened to the call, now they said it would take 96 hours. After four days had passed we call again, they said still no one had listened to it. We asked to speak with a supervisor every single time we called, and each time we were denied being able to speak with a supervisor saying there were 'none available', EVER!

We even made sure to call when the Qatar office was open starting at 10 PM our time in the states, and still we were never allowed to speak with a supervisor. One night, they left us on hold for hours for a supervisor, only to have someone who WASN'T a supervisor answer about 3 hours later. Some nights we were told we would receive a call back from a supervisor that evening, so we stayed up until 3.00 - 4.00 AM sometimes waiting for their call, only to have a non supervisor call us back.

This resulted in many nights, trying to get a hold of SOMEONE, ANYONE, who actually knew what they were talking about and could actually help resolve this issue. Nothing. We called almost every night for over a week trying to resolve this issue, only to get the run around from their incompetent customer service representatives each time.

It became very apparent that they truly did just want to steal our money, and don't care at all about their customers. They were fully aware of the long nights and late hours they were keeping us up every night we called because we always made mention of it in attempts to get through to someone quickly to resolve this. Each time with no sympathy for what we were going through.

This airline is full of fraudsters, and their customer service is run by incredibly incompetent people who don't know what they're talking about, and who truly have no ability to help you should something go wrong. The airline would rather steal your money than keep a customer. Please stay away from this airline. They are scammers, They will take your money given the chance. And they will put you through hell with no remorse if you ever have an issue with them. I would never wish this experience upon anyone, and I hope no one has to go through what we went through, only to in the end still have their money stolen after going through hellish weeks of sleep deprivation.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

For a 5-star airline and to be awarded as the best airline for 2022, I would have expected for more quality service. But instead, I received the worst airline service of my life. We came from Paris, took a 10:25pm flight which got delayed to a 1:45am flight instead. We were suppose to get on a connecting flight via Doha but we missed it by an hour. We landed at Doha around 8:40am only to find out that our flight got moved to 2am the following day. The flight staff initially said it was a midnight flight but when we checked our new boarding passes, it was at 2am. (Obviously the staff was trying to appease us a little bit.) So then we asked how we would be accommodated while waiting for the flight…

They gave us 1000 Philippines pesos to spend on food, that’s it. No lounge access or hotel access. We had to demand for it. It took us 7 hours, 3 customer service desks and numerous back and forths around the airport to finally get hotel accommodations. We even tried asking for lounge access but they wouldn’t allow us to enter because it was only for first class and business class customers, but the lounge wasn’t even full. Tried asking the supervisor for help and assistance and he said the same thing, no apologies just that it was the only thing they could offer, borderline rude. I would have expected more from the best airline of 2022. This was obviously bad customer service. The least they could have done is made sure their customers were comfortable and accounted for while waiting for a 16-hr delayed flight in a crowded airport.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

Qatar airways and their employees are the worst. They are incredibly rude and are the most unhelpful people. If you like being degraded, not making flights, and have your suitcases stolen, then definitely check them out! They are great at making your airport experience feel as though you are in hell; it’s truly the worst airline and airline workers I’ve ever encountered. Avoid at all costs!!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

With 4 children, We left from Karachi to Doha on August 24, flight was delayed for more than 50 minutes. We reached Doha went from security check to the terminal for our connecting flight to Atlanta. Boarding started within few minutes, and the flight was almost 2 hours late for departure. We reached Atlanta around 5:30 and waited in huge line for customs and security check. We waited for our luggage on belt 2 and 4. On belt 4 our luggage started coming but the last bag that came was after 7:55 pm and our connecting flight was for 7:44 pm to LaGuardia airport that already had departed New York that we missed. We already had our boarding passes, confirmation seats and still no one announced our names to check on us for the flight.

I asked the customs personnel about the missed flight there and they said if we have missed it the airline will get us in for the next flight because we have to stay for customs and baggage check. And after the check we were directed to take shuttle to domestic airport, with 10 suitcases and 4 children I went to wait for shuttle, we can also see it from the security cameras that airport have in that area for the late luggage, shuttle came after 30 minutes just to find out that we have to wait for another one again for 30 minutes because they couldn't fit us in. With little kids crying for food and tiredness. we took a shuttle and reached the domestic airport, to talk to American Airlines as stated in the boarding pass, the office there was closed, we were all stranded at the airport. I tried calling in American airlines customer service but they didn't had any information about the flight and asked to call Qatar Airways.

I called Qatar Airways customer service at 9:41 pm and they couldn’t provide me the resolution, only the next flight for August 26 with no accommodation because the agent said they can't provide anything except the ticket reissue and it's not their policy to provide further accommodation. I also told them that I have 10 bags with me and 4 young kids, I can't go back and forth with all the luggage and kids. The agent told us to go and check with some American Eagle airline they might help us, but to find out there was no American eagle airline there. We went to Delta Air Lines also to find out about the tickets but they also had another day ticket. My husband was also on another call with the Qatar airways and the agent told him to ask us to go to the Qatar airways international airport booth. There we will find help. Upon asking him again if they will be open there he said “yes, the offices are never closed”.

We waited again for shuttle for another 20-30 minutes. Put all luggage inside and went straight to international airport, took out all the luggage again, luckily we found carts there, placed all luggage again on the carts. Went inside to find out that they are closed too. Again we were all stranded at the airport with no help. My husband decided to come and pick us up from New Jersey to Atlanta since there was no flights going and no help was provided, he arranged for the hotel and car to take us to Sonesta hotel, I have a receipt for that too, we stayed there for night and my husband after 13 hours drive came to pick us up and we reached New Jersey on Friday August 26 7:30 am.

I have all the documentations including receipts for gas, hotel room, rental car, boarding passes, luggage tags. I need a resolution for this ignominy that me and my kids suffered as soon as possible. We were having a great trip until we departed with Qatar Airways for Atlanta. I have send them multiple emails but they haven't responded yet.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

We were supposed to fly back from Casablanca 0n 2022/08/18 to Tokyo via Doha and Manila and at 04:00am we received that our flight was canceled for no clear reason, and also they didn’t take any responsibility to arrange any other alternative, the only answer your flight was canceled and we don’t know and we can’t do anything for you very poor feeling, after we had to buy another ticket with other company and after we came back to Japan we contacted Tokyo office, Tokyo office gave us a help service email to contact which we did but the answer was very cold and as I said no responsibility at all for the damage and nightmare they caused for us. At least we had our credit card with us that allowed us to purchase a new ticket, but imagine if somebody who hasn’t the ability to buy another ticket how poor situation he could be in with careless management people, really very upset and sad.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

It's been 4 weeks since my flight was delayed etc and I have been trying to get answers from them since. They have been avoiding and every now and then they send an email of that they investigating the case. Which really couldn't take this long!!! I think their service on board and in the airport is tardy. Their site and app fail to work at the best of times and their team investigating my query might as well work for a circus that doesn't take things seriously!!! I highly suggest that you use a more reliable airline rather than Qatar Airways!!! Don't waste your time and energy!!!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

She had a 21 hours connection in Doha. The airline didn’t provide with neither with hotel or a lounge access. I ended up buying her a lounge access to what they said that it was a max of 6 hours to get more I had to pay more. Accidentally I got her a lounge access but on her way back (where the connection is only 3 hours). Contacted the airline and they refused to change the date or refund $90 I paid for lounge access so we had to buy another one. Ridiculous service and expectations. Will never fly again with Qatar airlines. Impossible to deal with them.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2022

We were due to fly from Jakarta to Doha and were denied boarding due to not having Ehteraz and a PCR Test. We explained as UK Citizens with an NHS Covid Pass we are not required to have either of these as we have been vaccinated in the past 9 months. The staff was confused. We spent an hour collecting information and showing proof to staff who then admitted their error but stated it was too late and to ask for compensation later. No further help at 1am in the morning travelling with a young child.

Once we returned to the UK we submitted a claim and have been rejected by their insistence that we required a PCR test, Ehteraz etc. We sent substantial proof alongside, videos, screenshots etc, and even links to the MOPH Qatar ministry of health rules, and their own app advice. After batting of emails and ignoring the information, they decided to change the reason and say we were not entitled to any compensation because we did not show our Covid 19 vaccination proof on the app but instead showed a certificate. This is completely ridiculous and untrue. I have queried how they have jumped from one reason to another and no response. Dealing with a particularly unprofessional member by the name of Mohamed **. Absolutely disgusted. We will be leaving reviews on all forums, have contacted watchdog, aviation regulators and sending complaints directly to Qatar via mail. We will also be pursuing with a legal firm. Qatar staff clearly do not understand their own rules.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

Within days of booking cancelled the 12h flight and replaced it with a 22h flight no explanation was given. When asked for lounge access for the 9h layover refused. Scoot offered direct flights at half price...

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

I want to say Hello to the worst airline (QATAR AIRWAYS) in the world and goodbye to them forever. QATAR AIRWAYS thinks the passengers are like baby toys in their hands. They canceled my flight for the first step (it was somewhat typical for me). I booked another one. In the next step, they changed my connection flight to their favorite destination. My route was Duha to Chicago, then to Dallas. I wanted to meet my sister in Chicago and then head to Dallas. These stupids thought they were genius and changed my connection flight from (Duha-Chicago-Dallas) to a straight flight (Duha-Dallas). They didn't even mind just for a second that maybe I had something to do in Chicago.

Do you think who you Are? Who let you change my itinerary to your favorite one just because you don't want to pay on the domestic thicket of American Airlines from Chicago to Dallas? It was not their last step to mess up everything. They changed my online selected seat to their favorite. They lost my luggage tags on the counter, and I told them, "My luggage tags were between your papers and your hasty services that caused this." They found it and gave it back to me. You are entirely wrong if you think this is all they can mess up. All my luggage has been lost. It was unbelievable that I turned back to the DFW airport in Dallas three times, and I talked to their customer service, and they just told me that I should fill out a claim.

After a week, one of them confessed that their cargo system had a disruption for a long time, and there were so many travelers like me who didn't get their luggage. It was awful and pathetic. All the worthy souvenirs have been lost. Finally, I could get them after two weeks and all the tensions. However, it was my worst experience with an airline. Even I didn't have this kind of ex[erince with the worst domestic airlines in the world. I don't know who chose them to be in the world's top ten, but they should be waiting for its KARMA.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

Just boarded the flight from LAX. The experience on checking in was awesome. It took time but management was super. Ahmed, assisting for Qatar, made sure things kept moving, kept checking on and off, and kept the mood jovial. We need more people like Ahmed assisting airlines. Flying and checking in is not easy as a customer but people like Ahmed are the ones who know how to make you feel special and diffuse the tension.

Original review: July 26, 2022

My husband and I finally took our honeymoon after 2 years because of COVID. We traveled to Maldives and one of the airlines that was going was Qatar and my husband had never flown Qatar. I talked up the airline so much and said you have to experience Qatar (after only traveling with them once a decade ago). The trip to Maldives wasn't bad.

On our way back we had a stop in Barcelona - We arrived at the counter 2.5 hours early and attempted to have our luggage checked in. The guy at the counter informed us that we were not allowed to board the flight because Spain was no longer accepting tourists and giving tourist Visas. This was the first time we were hearing anything like this. Mind you, we were already checked in at least 24 hours prior to this and there was no communication provided to us by Qatar. We also were not staying in Barcelona more than 24 hours, as we had a Delta flight booked for the 29th from Barcelona back to Atlanta. They made us wait on the side for almost 2 hours. My husband and I frantically googled if this was true, we had our family in the US checking every source to confirm, I went over to the information desk asking the same question, and we constantly walked over to the counter asking the Qatar rep what was going on and why he was making us wait so long.

Cut to 5 mins before the check-in counter was going to close, a woman told us we need to sign a waiver and they will allow us on the flight. Once signed, they asked for our QR code. I showed mine and my husband was pulling up his. As he was doing this, a man with a beard who I assume was the manager started yelling. He was shouting that they will not let us on this flight and that we were unprepared because this form has been around since 2019 and we should know better and have it ready. 2019 – there was no COVID and my assumption is there was no form like this around.

My husband and I got married in January of 2020 and could not take our honeymoon because of COVID. This was our first trip in the last 2 years so to treat us like we’ve been traveling regularly during COVID and provide false information that this form has been around since 2019 was nothing short of ridiculous. This man continued to yell at my husband, wasting the last 5 mins that we had to possibly get on this flight and then walked away saying the gate is now closed. My husband and I were shocked. It was 10:20pm, probably the last flight going out that night, no place to stay or no one to talk to.

As a result of this “event”, we had to spend an additional $180 for a night's hotel on the main island of Maldives, a $1500 new fare with Air France leaving the next morning from Maldives to Paris, $180 on an extra PCR test (Barcelona did not require it but Paris did), and we also lost $325 for a non-refundable hotel stay in Barcelona.

That was a nightmare itself but the ability to dispute anything with Qatar is almost impossible. They will never come on the phone with you. You have to file a complaint through email and all you'll get is an email response in return and it will only say what they want to hear. They keep emailing me back saying we did not comply with the laws, regulations, and travel requirements and that we were given 20 extra minutes to provide the necessary documents. This is complete false and the only thing I can do is email them back just to receive a generic response in return.

I wasn't planning on leaving a review - I'm already out an extra $2,200 on top of the flight I already had booked but then I saw this airline was voted best this year and I keep hearing about the horror stories that people had to endure from Qatar staff especially in Maldives. I recommend you stay far far away from this airline and if you have to travel them just make sure it is not from the Maldives.

Original review: July 20, 2022

I should appreciate Qatar Airways so much, because I had to cancel the ticket multiple times due to changes in my trip. But, they never charged for cancellation and date change. Service in Flight is also awesome.

Original review: July 20, 2022

It has been more than 3 weeks Qatar Airways lost our baggage and all they do is say "be patient", contact baggage handler, but no reply and no phone calls, etc... Disgraceful!!! I travel 5 times/year. This is the last time they will get my bookings and I will make sure no one I know travels with them. They have no courtesy to contact or call back or even make an effort.

Original review: July 15, 2022

After calling the customer support 9 (!) times and providing my personal data multiple times (passport and national identity card) this superb airline did not manage to update my phone number in my privilege club profile. Thus I am basically not able to use my profile at all because the stupid One Time Password would be sent to my old phone number exclusively which I do not have access to. Customer service gives you different answers every time you call. Very uninformed and not capable of making a minor change. I have rarely seen such incompetence. If this is the quality of service you have to expect, I cannot recommend flying with this airline.

Original review: July 12, 2022

They lost my bag going to Cebu Philippines, then they booked me on wrong flight when returning to USA.. What is worse is customer service, it is nonexistence.. I contacted airline, but have not received any response, over a month now.. They do not seem to care about the customer once they get your money..Check their FB page, nothing but bad reviews.. They claim they are the best airline, but I think more like the worst.

Original review: June 24, 2022

Our flight was delayed for 2 hours in London Heathrow. Then when we reached Doha the flight was delayed for 15 hours. We asked for accommodation, lounge, they refused. The behaviour of staff was very rude. They didnt even accomodate the families with infants not older one, and when we reached Islamabad, we are told that ur luggage is lost. I was told that it was the best airline, but in my opinion it's the worst

Original review: June 22, 2022

My husband wanted to see his ailing mother. He had a connecting flight. From Canada Toronto to Karachi Pakistan. Landed to London Heathrow airport. Came back from there with a reason that last name is not matching. He showed all his documents with his name. He didn’t reach to his destination and came back to Canada paying an additional payment to air Canada. How air Canada passed him through Canada airport if he had this problem. These airline are all business-minded. No customer services. No humanity. Media person please contact my number** to give their review.

Original review: June 20, 2022

I bought 2 return tickets from Brisbane to Warsaw via Doha with Qatar Airways. I paid premium, because Qatar offered the best connection in the meaning of time wasted for the layover. We were supposed to have 2.5h layover in Doha going from Australia to Poland and 1h on our way back. I always buy the shortest connection. We were very happy that we found such connection, so we did prefer to pay premium but not have to wait for 5 hours or more for the connecting flight. One month later, on the 15th of February we received a notification that our itinerary had changed, and the layover time extended by 18 hours and 20 minutes! Few days later, we received another e-mail informing us that our layover in Doha was extended to 20 hours 35 minutes! They basically wasted the whole day of our lives not offering a hotel room or anything!

At the Doha airport we went to Qatar Customer Service and imagine, that as a compensation they offered us a meal voucher! We bought expensive tickets because of the layover they offered and then WE ENDED UP WAITING A DAY FOR OUR CONNECTION FLIGHT WITHOUT ANY COMPENSATION WHATSOEVER! This was the worst traveling experience ever.

Original review: June 17, 2022

I was once a very Happy Qatar customer and member, but not at the moment. At Melbourne International Airport approximately 2 weeks ago, I checked my wife in with a 5 month & 3 year old child, the service I got was definitely not up to scratch. We asked if we could get a pram at DOHA airport, which was what we have done in the past, they said this is something they don't do anymore???,

We then asked for the supervisor, she was flustered, in a rush and used Covid as an excuse to why no pram could be supplied, even though wheelchairs are available and supplied, no assistance for infants??? This now made life difficult for my wife, we now had to figure out how she could get from 1 gate to another at DOHA with a 5 month old infant, 3 year old and 3 carry on baggages. Not only was this an issue, To top it off, my wife had to pull apart the pram at the gate at Melbourne airport, put it into 2 bags whilst a stranger was holding our infant child.

It gets better, my wife landed in Adana/Turkey airport and one of 2 bags she had to put the prams and bassinet in is missing, the top bassinet for the pram is nowhere to be seen, without the bassinet, the pram is useless, she is not happy at all. I've been a very happy Qatar member and advocate of Qatar for a long time, but this time I was not happy at all, no care of a 5 month old infant she now had to carry, a 3 year old to look after and 3 carry on baggages, PUT YOURSELF IN HER SHOES!!!

I've asked other airlines about supplying prams, they did not have an issue. We then asked the attendant if we could put one of the carry on bags into the bottom of the plane to help us with the situation we were in, they asked for about $600 to put a 7 kilo bag into baggage, this is embarrassing if you ask me. I've sent numerous emails about the missing bassinet, I've attached pictures of our pram showing the missing bassinet that goes on top, told them it would definitely be sitting at DOHA airport because the attendant did not put a barcode sticker on the bag or basinet, but guess what, NO ONE has responded to my emails.

Where has customer service, customer care & customer retention gone??? Come on QATAR, you are better than that. I will be going with Qatar July 19 and we are coming back together, if I had my way, I would consider changing airlines, but I can't because I will be coming back with the family, at least she will have me to help this time, FOR FREE!!! Let's hope my experience up and back is a better one

Original review: June 12, 2022

I really don't understand why people love this airline. We were looking forward to flying Qatar due to all the good reviews, but we were sorely disappointed. First, in Dallas preparing to board our first Qatar flight to Doha on route to Kathmandu, my husband was mysteriously placed on a stand by list, despite having a full price ticket. No explanation. We had to wait until the last moment and then were given crappy bulkhead seats, so no underseat storage for items needed during the 15 hour flight. Another couple with business class tickets were also placed on stand-by for no reason. Service for that long of a flight was minimal. Seats were really close and cramped. A woman next to me had her arm on the armrest, but I needed to open it to access the entertainment controls. So every time I needed to change the volume or look for a movie, I had to lift her arm up.

On the way back, the flight was delayed for 2.5 hours. I understand now, that the Kathmandu airport is always a total cluster and that was not the fault of the airlines. To Qatar's credit, they did have staff waiting at the gate to help usher people to connecting overseas flights, given we had less than an hour to disembark then get across the airport, go through security twice, and check in.

My luggage was lost. After waiting over an hour in DFW for the last bags to come out, it was clear my bag was not there. By that time, the Qatar Airlines representative was long gone at the Bag Service counter. So in Tulsa, I filed a report with American Airlines, but, of course, they told me to contact Qatar. The online filing process is cumbersome and my scanned documents weren't in a form their website liked so I spent over an hour trying to complete the form and find new ways to upload the documents. I tried the online messaging only to be told to keep working at trying new ways to upload the documents. I tried calling the number listed and it just rang and rang. I finally got the form completed and of course the last question was, why didn't I contact someone at the airport? Poor service all around.

Original review: June 9, 2022

I booked a flight to Doha and had one checked bag allowance. I wanted to check in 2 bags as I had spent some time in Germany and had purchased a few items.

The website and the app won't allow you to add an additional bag, instead it gives you fee information on increasing the weight allowance in 1Kg steps. So an additional 25Kg costs around $650. I thought that must be a mistake as the ticket price was close to this price. I called Qatar and after 30 minutes of discussion with a rude support personnel, I was told there was no way to purchase another bag but only to increase weight at the price of $600+. This is ridiculous, will never fly this airline.

Original review: June 8, 2022

What's going on with Qatar Air? When boarding my flight to Doha, I was informed that the business class seat was broken and I was offered a seat in economy. However, the ticket adjustment has never been resolved. No refund after 30 days! No response or ability to communicate with customer service! Similar to another reviewer, on the return leg, my 24-hour PCR test was denied. The agent told me to rush to a local hospital for an antigen test, which I did, but it was also unsuccessful. As a result, I rebooked my flight for the following day and took a third COVID test. On the telephone with a Qatar Airways employee, I was quoted a $1k flight change fee but was billed $1900 for the ticket. No response! No ability to communicate with customer service!

Qatar Airlines has not upheld four of its Customer Service Commitments, in accordance with the U.S. Department of Transportation requirements.

• Ensure responsiveness to customer complaints
• Provide prompt ticket refunds
• Offer the lowest available fare

• Notify customers of changes to their travel itineraries

I'm so sad because I used to love this airline.

Qatar Airways Company Information