Qatar Airways

• 5%
  • 3%
  • 81%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Qatar Airways?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Qatar Airways?
    Online & App

Reviewed April 18, 2024

We always pick “flexibility to make one change” whenever we book our flights. With multi-city booking, I was able to change flight to a different date with so much time consumed on the website and phone calls to Qatar customer service. But my daughter who booked multi-city with Qatar airway had gone through hell with changing the date. She wasn’t able to change on the website under “manage booking”. This has caused her a lot of stress and anxiety. Please improve your service. Qatar is going downhill…

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed April 7, 2024

Qatar airline is always late. Never take off on time. It make is hard for those who have connections flights. I asked them if I would be able to make my other flight , they said “yes, don’t worry." The pilot will make it up in the air, which a lie. I got there late and didn’t get my connection flight. Will never go with Qatar Airways again.

Price

Reviewed April 7, 2024

Had a connected flight from Osaka to Amsterdam through Doha. As the stopover duration exceeds 8 hours, I applied for a hotel voucher guaranteed by Qatar Airways. After two reminders got a confirmation from them by email. However on my arrival to Doha, the company refused to provide the hotel room after 90 min of waiting!!! The food on board was also quite mediocre. Definitely not worth it, comparing to the ticket by competitors. 1/10, my last trip using your services.

Price

Reviewed April 7, 2024

I booked a business class ticket. It was very expensive. I expected lounge access. Only when I got to the airport did they tell me that I did not have access. It was a con job. Nowhere when I booked a ticket did they reveal that access was not included. Used to think Qatar was good. Now think they are very poor and dishonest.

Reviewed March 30, 2024

I had a terrible experience with this airlines today. If you are a non Qatari and if you are being seated with Qatari people then be careful because if in any case of issues the staff will not support us even though I am a gold member. One Qatari lady was forcing me to give my seat to her and in the end due to the disturbances I gave up my window seat. At the moment I left my seat the lady seating near me started shouting that I verbally abused her and during the entire flight the staffs were only supporting her. I gave up my nice seat and had to deal with her shouting and yelling.

When the flight landed security and police came and questioned us and the lady was saying all sorts of lies and demanded a sorry from me. As I was on the way to Berlin to see my kids and spend Easter together I was forced to say so.,, Shame on you Qatar Airways. You are the worst airlines I have ever travelled. Today you are losing a precious customer like me. I will never ever travel with you. You have to train your flight attendants well. In case of such an issue you have to make sit the passenger in distress in the first class where almost all seats are empty. I have seen that in many airlines. When I deboarded the flight I asked the airhostess she said they don't have the authority to do so. My next joinery from Doha to Berlin is in business class. The complaining lady was yelling that you won't leave Doha you won't board the next flight... What kind of justice is this???

I am deeply shattered and angry so if you are travelling with this airlines be careful because the staff won't support you, you have to fight your own!! I feel sad for another passenger on the same row who was forced to go back. He is a European and I am sure he won’t travel in this airline again. I can see the downfall of this airline in future

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed March 6, 2024

I am utterly disappointed and frustrated with my recent experience with Qatar Airways. Their incompetence and disregard for customer satisfaction have left me deeply dissatisfied and vowing never to use their services again. My journey with Qatar Airways involved a Via Rail train leg and connecting flights, and it was nothing short of a nightmare. From the onset, there were glaring issues with my booking, including a critical error in my boarding pass that led to denial of boarding by Via Rail. Despite providing accurate information, Qatar Airways' system generated a pass for the wrong date, causing chaos and inconvenience.

Furthermore, there was a discrepancy in luggage allowance between Qatar Airways and Via Rail, adding further stress to an already frustrating situation. Despite repeated assurances from Qatar Airways, their promises of resolving the issue within 48 hours turned out to be empty words. I contacted them immediately, and despite being promised callbacks, I was left waiting for over a week without any response.

The lack of accountability and professionalism displayed by Qatar Airways is appalling. Their failure to follow through on their commitments and their habit of making false promises have cost them not only my business but also that of my friends and family. I will make sure to share my harrowing experience with everyone I know to prevent them from falling victim to Qatar Airways' poor service. I urge anyone considering Qatar Airways for their travel needs to think twice. The convenience may seem appealing, but the reality of dealing with their abysmal customer service is far from worth it. Save yourself the headache and frustration and choose a more reliable airline for your journey.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed March 2, 2024

I traveled to India with a granted tourist visa. Once I arrived in India, I was profiled by the immigration immediately without any questions, the officer took my passport, and left his desk. He came back later to bring me to a place to sit and wait. They plugged a device in my phone and it pulled all the messages out of my phone with the keywords "Jesus", "God", and "Christ". Then the immigration officer interrogated me and told me I was there under false pretenses and should not be under a tourist visa and that it should have been a missionary visa. I told him I was only there to visit. I even had a word document with my itinerary and all the places I was going to visit. He told me that I wasn't being specific and asked where I was staying. I gave him my hotel information and confirmation of stay.

They had me waiting for two hours, and someone came and it felt very intimidating as he was interrogating me and trying to twist my words and such. They did everything they could to profile me as a missionary, and refused me entry. I explained to them that these messages were to my Christian friends, and my small group at church. I told them I own a business and work 6 days a week. I have a website, store front, and employees to contact to prove this. They then asked me if I was coming to donate to an orphanage. I told them no. He came back later and said I was lying. They didn't believe me, and deported me.

I had asked them on several occasions the reason, and they told me it was "Undisclosed" or they didn't know. Then they had a Qatar Airlines representative hold me against my consent for 24 hours until the next flight out of there. They had me change my tickets from March 9th to March 1st. All along the way, they were asking me why I was refused entry as the paperwork said undisclosed. This airline did nothing to help me and completely abandoned me. They would not assist me in contacting someone to represent me like a representative from the embassy or an immigration attorney. I had asked several times as I was already granted a visa in which you have to apply before leaving the country, and were not allowed to hold me as I had done nothing wrong.

They didn't give me any way of defending myself against these accusations and went along with things. I recommend that no one ever uses this airline, and that India is not friendly place for Americans who are Christian or Muslim. I had talked to a few people sitting there and it appears as though they want this to be fully a Hindi nation and are not friendly to outsiders. I felt this personally. I was told to sit down in a chair for 10 hours without any reason.

As I was sitting there, I had the opportunity to see them do this same thing to others. It was only the Americans that were traveling alone. Buyer Beware! I will never use this airline again. I asked for documentation, and they said it would be given to me when I arrived back in the United States. When I finally arrived, I was given nothing but my passport and boarding passes. The passport doesn't even have a stamp for refusal or anything! It's blank, like I was never there. I believe this airline works with immigration. Stay away from this airline, and INDIA. It is corrupt!

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed Feb. 29, 2024

Qatar is a terrible airline! They will scam you out of money at every corner. Their customer service is a joke. They convinced me that I needed to pay $1500 to add my middle name to my flight, or they wouldn't allow me on the plane. When I got to the airport, they didn't even put my middle name on the ticket and I didn't have any issues. I also paid $2300 to upgrade our seats to business class from Doha to Montreal. Not even an hour into the flight, the seat reclined on its own, pinching my leg. The seat wouldn't stay up the rest of the 13.5 hour flight.

Coverage

Reviewed Feb. 16, 2024

We had a terrible experience with Qatar Aries as Qatar Airways has contracted American Airlines for flight from Philadelphia to Doha. Being said that, instead of Qatar airplane, our flight was with American Airlines while we deserve the ticket with Qatar Airways. This long flight with these airplane wasn't two nightmare as the airplane seats did not have any space at all for an average person. Who suffered from backache. Also for inbound flight, they changed the policy and didn't let us to take the same items we had from US to Doha's discriminatory regulations?

Reviewed Feb. 13, 2024

Like frequent accounts, air service and crew is impeccable and wonderful. No complaints about the hard or soft products onboard. However, their ground service, particularly baggage, completely besmirch their image. They lost my bag at JFK for an entire week, and when I had to waste a day of my own vacation time to go buy some clothes, they then refuse to fully reimburse me and instead I had to chase and jump through hoops to get any compensation offer from them. In the end, they're citing some policy concerning Brazilian residents... when I'm not even from Brazil.

They're violating US regulations concerning delayed baggage compensation but seemingly don't care. It has been few months, and I have not gotten anything yet. All this over a couple hundred dollars; it's utterly disgraceful. If you're planning to check a bag or have proper customer service when it's lost, you best look for another airline folks. I'm definitely going to take my business elsewhere, like BA which also messed up my trip in part is way better than this.

Reviewed Jan. 29, 2024

Please read. This has to be the worst airline I’ve ever encountered. I’ve never even had a chance to fly them. They cancelled out flight 30 minutes before boarding from Dulles to New Delhi. No one was at the counter to help us, their customer service line said the wait time was 5 minutes, we spent 2 hrs on the phone. They basically said they’re sorry, moved our flight 3 days, which means we are now missing half of our vacation…Didn’t offer us an upgrade. Also told us that the lounge passes we paid for, we might not be able to use. This airline is horrible and I would try any way possible to use another airline.

Reviewed Jan. 23, 2024

They left me without luggage all week. It was a nightmare to get it back after numerous calls and taxis. I had to buy new clothes and they have offered me zero compensation. I been writing Qatar support and got zero help. Just short like non personal generated replies. They certainly do not care about their customers.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Jan. 13, 2024

Absolutely horrible airline! Our daughter flew this airline from Boston to China via Doha. They claim she caused some type of disturbance on the first flight and would not let her continue on the second flight to China. They sent her to a medical facility of their choosing in Doha for evaluation. That medical facility evaluated her and cleared her fit for travel. Even with that, the airline refused to allow her to continue on the next leg without a medical monitor. This would have cost us more than $5000 extra US and was not even necessary according to the medical facility they sent her to.

We ended up having to buy a ticket on another airline for over $1000 to get her the rest of the way from China. This airline not only didn't refund any of the cost of her flights, but has not responded to my customer complaint for almost a year now. They totally ignore the situation and pretend like it never happened. It is totally disgusting! Do not fly with these totally unscrupulous company.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Jan. 8, 2024

The worst airline in my 40 years of flying, it was the first flight and will be the last with Qatar Airways. The Qatar Airways app's shows two cabin carry on baggage per passenger, the boarding staff by the name of Seefa said only one allowed. I could not open the apps at that time and the plane is due to take off, I ended up paying $253 for one carry on with "GATE BAG" marking as a checked in bag. Complaints by email were a waste of time, a month so far with no response. It's a carryon bag scam. BEWARE!

Reviewed Dec. 4, 2023

The worst airline service in the world. I booked four tickets, one of them for an infant. When he informed me that there was a special seat for the infant, I was surprised when boarding the plane that there was no seat. When asked about the yacht, one of the employees came. He informed me that he wanted to cancel the special tickets, as I carried the infant for 17 hours. They do not have sufficient experience in the field of passenger service. They do not have any humanity, whether collecting money at any cost or not.

Reviewed Nov. 28, 2023

Vacant seat next to me. Because my sister is too sick and her both legs were swollen.. But the check in staff said the seats are full. But I saw a seat next to our row was empty and one seats were occupied by youngsters and they never sleep or used that seats.. So please consider the passengers. Those who are sick and they need a seat near to a vacant seat.. This time I have a very difficult travel.

Reviewed Oct. 29, 2023

BEST AIRLINE FOR RICH PEOPLE BUT NOT FOR PERSON WITH SPECIAL NEEDS. By law, allowed to carry a dialysis machine but was denied accusing that no request was received. It was their requirement to fill up a MEDIF form and get an approval before you can carry the machine. I’ve sent it multiple times and reached out with them too but still denied it. I have a small purse but is counted as a hand carry already so we have to put that in my bag. Was asked to go back to the end of the line again and when we reached the agent, we were told that if we want to catch our flight, I need to walk because they ran out of wheelchair.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Oct. 23, 2023

I am Qatar Air frequent flyer with gold status. I have to case open with Qatar Air in Miami. One damage suitcase and the other happened a year later delay baggage which cost me a lot of time and money. They filed my case in Miami airport and since that it looks they play and no respond to phone calls.

Reviewed Oct. 17, 2023

We have 2 toilets flooded under my family feet's with a baby and a toddler, we have to spent the last 3 hours of the trip standing holding our kids in our arms as the flight was full and no other seats available, I contacted the airline and I filed a complaint and attached pictures but no response back from anyone.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Oct. 12, 2023

This is for ground team at DFW airport & for the airways as well. About ground team, most of them, includes the supervisor (the male guy) were not friendly & helpful at all. They couldn't explain clearly what was happening to me. They all should have more training on customer service. In addition, the most terrible thing is their luggage policy for international flights: carry-on luggage is 15lbs limit only; if your carryon luggage is heavier, it's considered as checked and then be charged for $250 - WHAT A BIG SURPRISE - Btw, I saw lots of ppl have to pay this ridiculous price for their "over-weight" carry-on luggages. This was the most terrible experience with an airline & their agents I've ever been. Stay away from them.

Reviewed Oct. 11, 2023

I was moved around to different flights. Didn't receive the seat I paid for. Refused compensation and penalized when canceling upcoming flight. They put in a seat that was to have an empty seat in the middle. Mid flight a strange man sat in seat. My leg was in a brace and I was pinned there for the next 6 hours of the flight. Terrible experience and they did not care whatsoever.

Reviewed Sept. 18, 2023

I received an email about the upgrade of my flights, and the email never mentioned that the upgrade is ONLY for the second leg of the trip which is only 3:50 hours not the 15.50 HOURS of the first flight. I thought it's great idea to upgrade and pay the fees which is $400, then I have paid the $400, and the upgrade was for only the second flight which is veryyy short trip, I have called the customer service within 10 minutes to refund me the fee, they acted so rude plus they refused to refund me as they said it's nonrefundable. They tricked me with their promotions and acted very rudely, even over the phone, they acted they are not hearing my voice! I will never recommend this FLIGHT!! EVEN one star is too much to put!

Reviewed Sept. 14, 2023

I had a disappointing experience with Qatar Airways on my recent flight. The crew on board failed to manage the seats properly and prioritize customer comfort. Additionally, they never served the requested food.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Aug. 27, 2023

We just arrived back in the US from traveling from DFW to Male and back. We booked through the American Airlines app but flew Qatar Airways (2 flights) on the way to Male and then on the way back we had a total of 3 flights, only one of which was Qatar. Our experience with Qatar Airways was highly disappointing from the moment of our first contact with Qatar while checking in. We get to the checkin counter 3 hours early and had to wait an hour for someone to arrive in order to check in. This is crazy for international travel. Then we get to the counter and are told we can each only take 1 carry on and only check in ONE bag otherwise it’s $100 extra for each additional checked bag.

We went through all of our receipts, all of our confirmation emails, all of our travel documents none of which stated anything about this. We could have waived it off as “ok it must be our mistake”. However, every single person in line was unaware of these rules. Families were opening luggage off to the side of the check in area trying to rearrange luggage. We decided to pay the extra $200 and not mess with it. But then we had to stand to the side for 30 minutes for someone to come take our payment. And 7kg for weight on a carryon is absolutely ridiculous. A small carryon size suitcase weighs 4.5kg empty!!! Once on the plane everything was fine but nothing great. We receive much better customer service with American Airlines.

On the way back, we reduced our luggage down to where we only had to check in 3 bags instead of 4. On the way back only ONE flight was with Qatar and that was a short flight from Male to Doha. The next two flights we flew American Airlines and flew business class. Yet we were STILL charged $100 for the additional bag and were only allowed one carryon on each. That is complete crap when only 1 of our 3 flights were Qatar Airways. And yet again we had to stand aside and wait for 45 minutes for someone to come and take our $100 payment. If we have a choice when it comes to our future travels, at this time we would refrain from using Qatar Airways. We thought it was supposed to be a 5 star airline with great customer service and it was anything but that.

Reviewed Aug. 18, 2023

The customer service was absolutely abysmal. When I called the customer support line to inquire about my flight details, I was met with a rude and unhelpful representative who seemed disinterested in assisting me. It felt like I was bothering them with my questions.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 25, 2023

Worst Airline I have flown, Almost lost a flight at Doha after 9 hrs layover and then gave me the wrong gate. When coming back from Accra I was late for checking my bags and decided to leave my bags with my family in Accra, refused to take me even though I got to the airport more than 1 hour early and put me as no show, but they didn't care. Qatar policy was made to rip their customers off and their staff is trained like that, They are a horrible company. They have trained their staff in Accra to be Nasty and have no empathy, I will never fly qatar airways again even if is free, you have lost a lifelong customer and I hope anyone who reads this will never choose them either!

Reviewed July 20, 2023

Qatar Airlines has exceeded my expectations 90% of the time. I strive to run my own business at such a success level. So I fly so many international airlines because my trips are usually multi-city, and I must use flight agencies that can string together multiple destinations all at once. If it were up to me, I'd fly Qatar exclusively, every time. So Just yesterday I was leaving Moscow, Russia coming home to Indonesia, where I live. A hefty man had a medical emergency on the flight, so we diverted to Kuwait rather than fly straight to Qatar, so many people missed their connecting flights. He needed to be evacuated, you see. (I'd like to add that Qatar is so efficient,  that your layovers in Doha will typically only be 2 hours. My 10 experiences laying over in Doha have concluded this). So yes, we all missed our connecting flights in Doha.

I saw many people giving the reception desk such a hard time, as if any one person was responsible for this tragedy. I fly internationally 6x per year, and I'm accustomed to unforeseeable acts of God messing up plans. Therefore I approached the counter in a good mood from all the free vodka Qatar served me on the plane. I had some jokes with the ticketing counter, made light of the situation, met some cool Czech dude with his Mexican wife and exchanged WhatsApp contacts, and patiently waited 1 hour while my agent worked out the next quickest flight to Indonesia. Turns out I had to I would have to wait for about 6 hours.

I asked where the temperedic part of the flooring was so I could lay down while waiting. More laughter, and a ticket was produced. I was seated at the very front of the plane this time, but the surprise had yet to be revealed...

Flight time comes, and the agent bumped me to first class. Wow! I could never afford that on my own, but i soaked up all 9 hours of that experience. You know who did not get bumped up to first class? All the people who were in the queue with me, making a fuss. I saw them all back in economy, because they were all on their way to Bali with me. So I suppose the moral of the story is, you get what you give--- and Qatar has given me 10 excellent flights, with only one being uncomfortable. As I said in the beginning, 90% awesome. 4.5* all the way!!!

Reviewed July 14, 2023

My luggage was damaged by Qatar airline, I submitted a claim but the airlines kept playing games by ignoring emails and calls. Very unprofessional and dishonest. In addition, the airplane was very filthy. Seats weren't cleaned and the smell of the carpet was sickening. It's overrated. I flew Saudi Airlines several times before and it's 10x better.

PricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 12, 2023

This was by far the worst airline that I have ever flown with. Even after I made it to the original flight at final boarding time by running through the airport (due to Qatar Airways late flight), the staff had already bounced everyone to the "next flight" is what I was told. I asked whether they could accommodate me since I had still arrived by final boarding time but they still said I had to wait for the "next flight" (which, at the time I assumed was merely a few hours later). So first off, I was already irritated since they could have just fit me in and made an exception since I had arrived there while I could visibly see some people in front of me still boarding. But, since I am a pretty easygoing guy I thought I will just get the next flight a few hours later.

Only later when I went to the next counter was I told the delay was a day! Yeah, a full 24 hours later so I was basically stuck at the airport this whole time and they could not even accommodate me in one of their lounges. If I knew the delay would have been so long, I would have argued with the staff more at the check-in gate instead of being polite. To top it all off, I was compensated with nothing! No flight credits or anything even after I filed a polite and formal complaint.

Do not fly this airline! I almost never leave reviews for anything, but this was the worst airline experience I have ever had so I felt compelled to write a review so that future customers like yourself can avoid my experience and have a more pleasant one. Take your money elsewhere (which really should not be too hard since this terrible airline is expensive anyways and there are plenty of better ones like Singapore Air).

Reviewed June 3, 2023

I bookeded down to Mumbai, they checked me in. I was at the gate then must be over booked flight so all of the sudden they refuse us to board flight, request for refund. They says customer no show, what a joke, customer service was horrible. If your English not so good then be carefully they will embrace you badly, they all got all together and made a fun of me, I will never ever fly Qatar and advising you please stay away,

Qatar Airways Company Information