Priceline

Compare Travel Sites

Research top Travel Sites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I booked a hotel through Express Deal and when I got to the hotel, the police were there because someone was being robbed. When I asked for a refund because I didn't feel comfortable staying there, the lady at the front desk said that she could not give me a refund. I called Priceline and they said that they couldn't give me a refund because all sales are final. I told them that it was their fault that they put me in a situation and gave me a crappy hotel and that it should not even have been on their list.

The police officers explained to me that it was a horrible area and that there was a lot of crime because there were homeless people and drug addicts all around the area. It is Pricelines responsibility to know the hotels in the area that they are selling on their website. Long story short, I haven't received my money back yet. Horrible, it was a complete nightmare and my kids were there, to experience it all. There was no way I was going to stay there with them and endanger ourselves.

I booked a flight ticket and the dates were incorrect, so I called them almost immediately (within 30 min), and they still would change. CS rep contradicted himself with the rules, and just said that they can't help. Calling the airlines directly solved the problem in 5min.

We bought ticket for travel in March 2017. The flight was canceled by the airline, we had to purchase new ticket Contacted Priceline, was told refund will take 4-6 weeks. I have called them numerous times and have not received my refund. My friend bought his thru another travel and gotten his refund in 2 weeks.

Please beware if you are booking through Priceline. This site is a thug. I had a genuine reason to cancel my trip which I did within hours after I reserved a room but they said they can't refund a single penny for it. They should understand it's a service based company and customer satisfaction matters. You have to listen to the issues we are facing and try to resolve it rather than just sit and eat our hard earned money

Made a reservation and immediately cancelled it; I have been nearly 30 days trying to get my money refunded to my credit card. They continue to shuffle me from place to place. Telling me I have to call the hotel, the hotel says I have to call Priceline, Priceline says I have to call reservations.com, they say I need to call Travelweb... I just want my money refunded. I will never book another hotel through Priceline again. This has been a terrible experience. Some people get tired of going around and around and just give up... If this happens to enough people they make a pretty good $... Priceline is terrible... call the hotel directly if you need to book a hotel. This place will rip you off.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?

My friend Jenn ** and I had booked a room through Priceline at Days Inn in Alsip, IL. We are attending Open Air Fest to see KISS. After an 8 hr drive from Minneapolis, I called the hotel to let them know we would be checking in late. But, they couldn’t find our reservation. This reservation had been made and paid by Jenn way back in January. We called Priceline and were repeatedly put on hold and transferred to different people. At one time the agent hung up and called back not being able to relocate us. We spent 2.5 hours on the phone.

While Jenn was in the hotel we were supposed to stay at, I found another hotel online and we booked it. We certainly didn’t want to be sleeping in our car in the south side of Chicago! Then a rep from Priceline named John offered to give us a refund plus 20% on the original booking. When I asked that they also reimburse us for the second hotel, he said no, because we found it ourselves. He said if they would have found one for us then they would have paid for it. But I believe we should be reimbursed because they didn’t find us one. We had to do something besides sit on the side of the road on the phone with various Priceline representatives. Does it really make a difference who found the hotel??? If I hadn’t took it upon myself, then we would still be sitting out in the car and probably sleeping in it. Very bad customer service!!! And it almost put a damper on our trip, but I didn’t let it. But, Priceline sure didn’t care about us!!!

I booked a flight through Priceline. I missed my flight by about 10 minutes and called Priceline to get some help so I could return home that day. First, I was told that they couldn't help me that I would have to go to the ticket counter for the airline since they only book the flights not handle them after they are booked. Then, I was told that they could help, however I would have to pay an additional $30.00 per person agent fee for the help even though I had previously paid it for the trip I booked through them. Also, would have to pay $200.00 per person change fee for the airline and an extra $2,700.00 fee to get on an airline the next day since they said only business class was available.

There were two of us traveling. This is outrageous! I was not offered any return of my money that I had paid for the trip, no help with getting a voucher from the airline, only an argumentative agent, Oh, and when I initially called I was told that I would have to be transferred to a special section in Priceline that handled missed flights. Very difficult to understand the person on the other end of the phone since it was located in the Philippines. I ended up paying full price for the two of us to fly on another airline. Very expensive trip. I believe I should have received some type of reimbursement from Priceline. They took my money and didn't refund a dime.

We were renting a hotel room. We chose the deal of the day for $297.00. Priceline charged my card, and didn't have a hotel room to sell us. So... a week later and the charge is still on the card, and no, they didn't have any rooms to rent. So, my money is being floated to fund either the bank, or Priceline until they feel good and ready to give it back. Nice. I called Priceline, and they said they couldn't do anything about it, the bank said they couldn't do anything about it, so, basically at a standstill, forced to wait. Why would they sell a product they can't deliver? I know that Warren Buffet created the float... but doing this is so very unethical. How many millions of people are stuck funding a company's "holdings" to boost assets?

They did not provide me with the time prior to my reservation so I called the hotel and I was told I should be able to get my money back as the hotel was booked for that weekend. So I contacted Priceline, talked to 3 or 4 agents and they said they have to contact the hotel first and speak to whoever I spoke to the other night, but they weren't gonna give me back my money cause of their policy and the hotel's and they told me they were sorry. My first experience and it was a bad one.

On July 10th 2017 I booked airplane tickets and hotel and rental car from Charleston South Carolina to San Antonio TX for my son is graduating from the air force for me and my wife. After I paid I got my itinerary for everything and it was totally screwed up. First of all they didn't even have my wife sitting with me also I have to drive 3 and a half hours to catch my plane departure to get there. Also on my way back I have to go to Chicago just to get home so I called them and they said that everything I was charge for was not refundable. Ain't that some **. So the best advice I can give you is don't use Priceline for nothing. They are a bunch of crooks.

I purchased an airline ticket and booked a hotel. I needed to cancel. I was bounced back and forth between JetBlue and Priceline as well as Priceline and the hotel. The hotel (Sleep Inn Seattle-SEA TAC) said they were going to charge me for one day and credit the rest to my credit card. The refund never happened. My credit card company had to dispute it and issue the refund. I was given a credit for the price of the airline ticket. I was advised that I would have to pay a $180 penalty upon booking a new reservation. Ticket that I wanted to purchase was less than the amount of the credit. The credit was $708. The new ticket was $481. I was told that I would have to forfeit the rest of the credit because the ticket price is lower.

When I cancelled the original ticket I was advised that I would be issued a credit and I would have 1 year to use it. I was not advised that I would have to forfeit the remainder of the credit if my ticket was cheaper. The supervisor I spoke with asked if I had any other travel reservations I needed to make because they needed to be booked at the same time in order to be able to use the credit. I made plans to visit the same friend a month later the ticket was $207. I called back to book both of the flights and I was advised that I would have to pay a $180 penalty for each ticket. The penalties would be charged to the credit card I used. My issue is still not resolved.

I booked a hotel for 2 nights and immediately realized I put in the wrong date. I cancelled the reservation and received a confirmation that they would keep 82.66. Of course I called and called and got automated service until I finally found a phone number for live person. After talking to 3 separate agents, everyone is conveniently a supervisor. All they kept doing was reciting their cancellation policy that is clearly on the cancellation page. But NOWHERE does it state that before cancelling consider calling our number (which they do NOT make it convenient to find) to correct any wrong information on your booking. To avoid the cancellation fee. I honestly though, honest mistake they will refund the cancellation fee... but NOOOO they acted like robots and just kept reciting the cancellation policy. We have used Priceline quite a few times and I will NEVER use them or recommend them again. I will be calling my bank in the morning. Shame on you Priceline!!!

I booked room from Priceline Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pasadena for 4 to 6 Jul. Priceline charged me for 2 bed as that was my preference. After reaching hotel they provided me 1 bed room and asked to pay additional for 2 bed. So I paid twice for bed - in hotel as well as to Priceline. I contacted Priceline but no answer from them.

Booked and paid for 15 nights at Disney World Hotel through Priceline.com June 20th yet now July 8th and I still don't have a reservation on the Disney system and VERY worried. I got an e-mail June 29th that Disney doesn’t allow more than 14 nights so was given option to modify to 2 reservations for 14 nights and 1 night. So I sent back an e-mail agreeing to that. On July 1st yet still don't have any confirmation. Told that "the management team" is working on it. Seems like a simple fix if someone willing to do it. Will Priceline honor the reservation or wait until hotel is all booked so my family has no place to stay!

Advertising is a representation of you and your company. I have recently started looking to make travel plans. When I saw an ad for you where you were paying Kali as your representative. She's part of trying to tear down our country and I will use another service. Again she represents you and your company's beliefs, no matter what the claim, she represents you and you her.

My issues are two fold; the Burlington Hilton in Vermont and Priceline. The Hilton desk clerk initially said at check in that she was going to talk to manager about upgrading us and then they did not honor our reservation, said they don't offer the room we purchased. They said they were sold out. They so (sarcasm) graciously offered to pay for a room at another hotel. Once we realized they were putting us at a holiday inn outside of town right next to the interstate, we went back in. They said no rooms were available at any other hotel.

We called Priceline once we got to the new hotel. It was the smallest room with one queen, we were traveling with our kids. After being on hold for far too long I spoke to a representative who got my info and put me on hold again to speak to another representative. The new rep would not listen, he kept saying we canceled the room, that we were requesting something not available. We just asked if we could have a room with 2 beds, we'd take one, but would prefer two. While I was on hold the second time the account was updated to canceled and was told because of this Priceline could do nothing. I told him about the room we were given and was told nothing.

By this time it was after 8 pm, we drove for over 7 hours, we hadn't eaten and we were tired. I hung up, so frustrated that the rep just kept repeating what he was reading on the screen. It truly ruined our first night of vacation. I almost had to laugh when I received an email from Priceline about the cancelation. Here's a snippet: "We would like to remind you that this cancellation has been granted based on the extenuating circumstances related to your reservation. Under normal circumstances, this type of restricted reservation cannot be changed or cancelled." I love how it sounds like they'll let it go this time, but next time we won't be so lucky!! I was a loyal customer of Priceline.

I recently booked a flight through Priceline. I was booking 3 seats for my wife, my 2 year old, and myself. I went through the process, chose my seats, and received confirmation on the purchase. I later receive an email from the airline stating the tickets were "basic economy" and that my seat selection was invalid. Apparently, these seats are for anywhere on the plane and are determined on arrival. The email from the airline stated that families will not sit together. I rechecked the website to see if I made a mistake and confirmed that it never states a stipulation on the tickets.

I called the Priceline service department and was informed that they do not need to show in checkout that it is not a standard ticket. They said the only way I would know was to click on a secondary link and it would state on in the contract that these were not the standard economy tickets. I explained the situation with my 2 year old and was told that they would do nothing to resolve the issue. I asked if I could update the ticket to a standard and was told no. They refused to work with the situation at all and stated if I did not like the answer to buy a different ticket. They knowingly leave out necessary information during the purchase of tickets in order to trap consumers into making extra purchases.

I reserved a room from Priceline for one night July 21st at Comfort Suites in Norwich. I just called the hotel today July 7th and they had no record of my reservation. I never received email confirming this reservation. I printed out my copy of the room giving you my credit card number and total amount of the bill. I better not get a bill for this. I am so mad about this I would never recommend this service.

If I were you, I would not book through this site. I got caught in the moment and decided to give it a try. I usually don't do this because I don't like the unknown. Should have stayed with Trivago or any other hotel site 'cause this one could care less if you have any issues and will in NO circumstances change your reservation. You can get the same price or better on Trivago or Cheap Hotels and at least you know what you are getting. I got booked on one of the cheapest hotels in town. They also have hidden fees and at the end you will pay more. PLEASE take my word for it, go somewhere else.

I booked a hotel via Priceline on July 1, 2017, based on their ratings for this hotel. I would have never stayed at this hotel but based on the ratings, we booked it. We checked into the hotel, went to our room to get settled and was getting ready to put our drinks away and noticed food (pizza) that was left from June 25, 2017. Did they not see the food left in the refrigerator. While calling the front desk - I decided to look out the window. Well, as I pulled the curtain back the sheer part was ripped all to pieces like some mad animal had gotten to it. I'm making my way to the restroom and noticed a big hole in the wall around the light fixture. They moved us to another room and that wasn't that better at all. As we're checking out the young lady at the front desk didn't even ask how my stay was nor say anything at all.

I immediately called Priceline to complain about our stay based on their ratings and how this hotel should not be rated as a 3 star at all. The manager at the hotel is saying that I should've said something in order for me to get a refund. I did what I was supposed to do, call Priceline. I want a full refund not $10.00. I'm very disappointed at this hotel, rating for the hotel and the hotel manager is going to lie. The staff needs to acknowledge their customers and make sure things are ok.

Priceline asked for a suffix during flight booking. The reservation added these to our names. Because the salutations are not on our passports they had to be dropped. Priceline charges a 30$ fee to change this for each ticket. Ridiculous and totally fraudulent. Never use Priceline. I was in the phone for over an hour trying to change this.

Chose a flight. Clicked submit. Timer went around and round then the website window popup stated that this was unavailable at the rate and instructed me to try again. Which I did and it went thru. They charged me twice for this same flight and in the same amount - $379.00 I didn't know it at the time. I discovered it when my credit card statement came in the mail.

I have tried to resolve this with them and also working with my credit card company. This fiasco has been going on for 3 months and Priceline just refuses to acknowledge their computer issue and states they have a no refund policy. They are rude and insist that my credit card company has to give me the money? What? These people are strange. No one cares there and they just jerk you off. I have put in so many hours trying to straighten this out. Basically WHAT WE NEED IS A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. I have shortened the explanation here because it would take too many characters to write it out. They are a scam company. My credit card co told me that they get at least 1 complaint a week about Priceline. I bet their MAIN office is out of the country...

Needed Hotel just north of Detroit for two nights: Interface stated two separate regions that had worded descriptions. We chose one area and got a hotel in the Northern area (according to the wording that described the areas)... No we didn't look at the map on our phone. We didn't think of it (not obvious resource) and trusted how the regions were described. One area called Pontiac/Auburn Hills (area we did not choose but hotel is in) and other area Madison Heights/Troy (area we chose but got a Pontiac Hotel)... Now customer service (down in Mexico) advised us that if we would have looked at the map we would have seen the (Gerrymandered) blob with a finger reaching way up to Pontiac for the Madison Heights/Troy area (even though there is another area clearly described as Pontiac/Auburn Hills that we DID NOT WANT.

Once we realized the location of the hotel was in Pontiac and not much farther south in Madison Heights/Troy we immediately called customer support but they were no help... talked to two people. Express Deals are final they said. Even though its clear that the worded descriptions of these two distinct areas on the map are DECEPTIVE. One says Pontiac/AuburnHill. Didn't want that so didn't choose that ... but that's where the HOTEL ended up being!! We chose Madison Heights/Troy... much farther south... but got that hotel....way way too far North. We could not stay at that hotel and used another service to get a Southerly hotel. Priceline stole 123$ from us! Never again Priceline.

Priceline.com Express Deal scheme. You can choose a property category based on a stars. 1 star is a budget quality and 4 star is a high end lodging. I chose a 3 star category, but they gave me a 1 star type property. Priceline.com gave a cheap, Best Western property a 3 star category and said I got what I asked for. Priceline.com misrepresented the product it sells by stating a 3 star category "Similar to Hyatt and Courtyard by Marriott".

A cheap motel is not a 3 star. This is a bait and switch scheme. Priceline.com could not defend their action. Svc. rep only repeated a script response. Someone need to start a CLASS ACTION litigation. I am a witness to this fraud. I bet Priceline.com gets tens of thousands of people traffic to their website. Class Action litigation will slap some good into Priceline.com. See my pictures to get my point of view. The pictures are not of "Hyatt or Courtyard by Marriott". I did not stay at this Best Western. I went and checked in at a Hilton Garden Inn (a true 3 Star Category).

I used their website to reserve a hotel. The website CLEARLY said that no charges would be made until I checked in. Less than 5 minutes later they charged my account. I called and was told multiple times that nothing could be done and that I was made aware that I would be charged immediately. This was never mentioned. I was even told that I could change my form of payment upon arrival. This website is a joke. They rip you off and don't care how it hurts you. Thank God my bank fixed the situation and got my money back. Shame on you Priceline. Horrible company and horrible staff.

I insured the price of a flight for one week at a cost of $25. The price went up by $32. They e-mailed me to confirm they owed me the $32. Had to send them my banking info. Did not get money. Sent 10 e-mails. They tried to blame my bank. Now they will not pay as I am too late. A total rip off. P.S. If I could give a minus star I would. DO NOT DO NOT USE PRICELINE.

In April 2017 my son used my debit card to reserve a hotel with a pool for my granddaughter's birthday that evening. It was done on the phone, not online. While we were on the way to the agreed upon hotel they called stating it was overbooked and there weren't any rooms. They tried to set us up in a different hotel that we refused because the pool would close in less than an hour. They reserved it anyway and charged for it. I filed a mechanic complaint as soon as I returned home from my trip.

That was 2 1/2 month ago. The company, Priceline, waited until last week to dispute it. Their paperwork says we did it online although we handled it all via the telephone. It also states the hotel was overbooked, but once the bank contacted me I was only allowed 3 days to review their response and file an additional dispute. Because I wasn't able to complete it within that time, according to a time limit set by the Federal laws, I am being charged for something I didn't agree to. Priceline wasted nearly all of the allowed time to respond to my dispute, 2 1/2 MONTHS! I was only given 3 DAYS! IT WAS ALL ORIGINALLY DONE VIA THE TELEPHONE BY A THIRD PARTY THAT IS APPARENTLY IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY. I will never trust Priceline or any of those 'services' again.

These guys are a joke. Advertise low prices and hide the small print which is no flexibility. I made a booking mistake and they would not refund me or allow me to move funds to another reservation despite being a long term customer. Their customer service is stupid. Don't try to save a buck with these losers. Could've simply booked direct with hotel and had no issues. Never again with these idiots.

I put a name your own price in the system and picked two areas, both in Saint Charles. The computer glitched and excepted my offer but in Hazelwood. Not in any of the areas I choose. The customer service agent I first spoke to didn't understand anything I said. The team leader I spoke to said "Sorry you made a mistake." Well no I didn't. I have been going to the same area for 5 years, I know where I need to be at. They will not help me in any way. All they will do is sorry. Will never use this site again. I will tell all my family and friends around the country not to either.

I found Priceline very misleading! I had a horrible experience with them, and will never use them again. Their system has different "options" of types of reservation and switches you between them without alerting you that the switch changes the reservation rules. In my opinion, it's EXTREMELY misleading and, in my case, lead to the customer getting screwed - which they refuse to do anything about. It's hard to have the "buyer beware" when they're switching things around without being upfront about it.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Priceline is a Connecticut-based company that helps travelers find discounted rates offered by a wide range of travel businesses, including hotels and airlines.

• Price negotiations: Priceline lets customers name their own prices for hotel rooms, rental cars and flights.
  • Last-minute flights: Travelers can get extra discounts by booking last minute flights.
  • Customer service: Priceline responds to customer service emails within 12 hours.
  • Group discounts: Priceline can help groups get discounts including a free room for the group coordinator.
  • Travel bundles: Bundling travel services through Priceline can give travelers extra discounts.
  • Best for International and domestic travelers.

Compare Travel Sites