1.07/5
Based on 396 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a travel site?

3152 Priceline Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 15, 2018

Note that Priceline is not consistent in reporting all fees you will be charged with a hotel booking, especially for express deals. Some deals will include a separate line for resort fees, paid either through Priceline or separately at hotel. Some won't. Therefore, you'll never know true cost of hotel until your stay. In my case, Priceline refused to acknowledge the hidden fees and said they don't know all fees the hotel will charge for a stay. Really? Isn't that the entire purpose of using Priceline? Of course, I will no longer be using Priceline for any services. Buyer beware.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Priceline rep quoted same price as online then told me that taxes were $135 on a $315 charge. I protested but was assured it was the tax rate. Looked online and found the tax should have been $35. Called Priceline and they told me that the $100 is for charges the hotel (Best Western) charges them. Completely FALSE! The $100 was Priceline ripping me off! Take my advice and make your reservation directly with the hotel. Less expensive and you have the same risk exposure. Priceline needs to be driven out of business for their shady tactics!

Priceline Reviews (Updated May 2018) | ConsumerAffairs

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 13, 2018

If it was possible to provide zero stars I would. After booking a hotel through Priceline for a stay in Paris they happily took my $900.00 and sent me an itinerary. When I arrived in Paris, the hotel indicated we would not be allowed to stay - as the booking was for 2 people and we had three in our party. They refused to let us stay and turned us out into the street. Priceline's answer - we can't help you. Your stay is non-refundable. It cost me another $1000.00 to find a hotel to stay at on top of tons of stress - can you imagine being in a foreign country where you don't speak the language at midnight on a street corner with our luggage and nowhere to stay? Priceline is a bunch of crooks - DON'T EVER BUY.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Reserved a car and got an email confirmation that said right at the top that it was 100% able to cancel up until the time of pick-up. I found out I was able to use a friend's car and used the chat function for customer service. They said it was not possible to cancel or modify it. I asked them about the email and they said that was referring to any insurance I may add on to the car later (which was extremely misleading). I asked twice to speak to a manager because I did not need the car and it was 5 days until my trip, so it was more than enough time for that car to be rented to someone else. They refused and said a manager would just tell me the same thing. I've rented cars before and never had a problem if I needed to cancel in advance. Worst customer service ever. So now I am out $450 for a car I don't need that has not been supplied to me yet with no recourse.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I work at a hotel front desk and I have had so many lost reservations with Priceline. What they do is charge the guest for two rooms, send us one, then bill the hotel for the lost hotel room so they end up getting paid for three. I am pleading with any lawyers out there please organize a class action lawsuit. Just twice this week I've had guests check in showing me being charged for 2 rooms and we only get sent one. This scam has gone on long enough. If you know any lawyers who are familiar with class action lawsuits, please PLEASE let them know. Hotels keep records of all reservations and I'm guessing it would be easy to follow the paper trail and substantiate the lawsuit.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?

Original review: July 13, 2018

Booked with no mention nor can I find a cancellation policy readily available. Hotel is good to cancel but Priceline will not. Customer service is terrible and people use once and never again. I will give them lots of advertising for their noncancellation efforts.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Same story as so many others there should be a class action lawsuit against them. I put in the date for a hotel stay and it showed a page of listings available for date clicked on their calendar. Booked the room and paid and when it showed the reservation, it was for that same day. Within one minute I called Priceline and they would not even speak to you, give another company to call that handles reservations. Get someone in Asia with very poor English and communication skills who tells me they will handle it and then sends me an email directly from that person and it says nonrefundable and no changes (Just wanted the right date! Did not want a refund).

I responded to the email letting them know of the glitch and that it had just occurred a few minutes before and asked them to fix the date and they never did anything nor did they respond. Simple human courtesy is not what Priceline is about but just whatever they can get away with to make an easy dollar. Raally despicable, will NEVER use them again. I hope if enough people get burned they will go out of business. GREED comes before a fall...

Original review: July 11, 2018

The description showed that room was an ocean view with lanai, right after I booked, the confirmation showed it is ocean view only. I called Priceline. They said it was not guarantee and its advertising did not say it is not guarantee. The booking was not refundable and I cannot get my refund and they won't do anything about it. Priceline is a Scam and full of false and misleading advertisement.

Original review: July 11, 2018

While I was staying at THE COUNTY INN, I was woken up by a strange man coming towards me across the bed, in the dark, just before midnight. I screamed loudly about 5 times, he bolted, I screamed loudly out the front door. I called the front desk and no one picked up. I called 911, the police came, made a report (**), and kept me around about 30 minutes for questioning, collected the bedspread for DNA, footprints, etc. My iPhone was stolen.

Both the police and I requested to have my room charge removed and I drove home, 1 1/2 hours north, around midnight. Both the front desk guy and manager heard my story when I turned in my keys and I was told I had to call PRICELINE to get charges reversed. There was never any explanation as to why they didn't pick up or come when I screamed (others came out of their rooms, I was hoarse from screaming, and they were 25 yards away).

When I got home I chatted with PRICELINE about 2:30 am. When PRICELINE called COUNTY INN they said they didn't know anything about me and that we had to call back tomorrow when the manager was in (again, I have no phone). When I called on Monday and Wed. we were again told that the manager was not in. On Monday PRICELINE told me the issue would be escalated, but still 5 days later nothing from PRICELINE except that I've gotten 4 ads and a survey asking if I liked my trip. All their phone numbers lead to recordings.

In Priceline chat I was told they understand I'm "frustrated". On Monday they're sorry for the "inconvenience"; in reality I feel like I escaped being raped or killed. It was very traumatizing. I'm out 1000.00 phone, erase the phone, get a new phone. I had trouble sleeping for 2 nights, I missed my event, I have start mediations to reverse the charges with CHASE, I called Legal Aid of Marin, who referred me to the District Attorney Consumer Protection Services, who referred me to Lawyer referral services who told me I could take it to small claims court or look for a lawyer to help me on a civil lawsuit, for someone who does civil torts.

PRICELINE did not show the motel name when they advertised the room. It's a new strategy for them to reveal the name AFTER you book. Yes, it was cheap but it was conveniently located for my Fri./Sat. events. After this happened, I read the reviews and see it has a 2 star rating with bad reviews. I suspect PRICELINE is being used to launder motels with bad reviews. This is dangerous for the consumer. The reasons I'm mad are 1/getting no action or response from either THE COUNTY INN or PRICELINE; doing a lot of work and being ignored, 2/I think it's dangerous to the consumer to work with a group that hides information about their product and then acts a buffer to remove recourse and consequences for wrongful activity.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I booked a hotel through this site in order to attend my Sister's wedding. Unfortunately a family emergency came up that forced me to cancel my plans to attend the wedding and thus to stay in the hotel room that I booked. Neither Priceline nor the hotel was willing to cancel my reservation or refund the money that I already paid for this room. This policy is TERRIBLE! I am on a very fixed income and this kind of expense was a difficulty to afford to begin with but then to be shut out and not able to retrieve my money... this is crazy!

Original review: July 9, 2018

I was given a choice between a king room and a standard queen room. My assumption was that like every other hotel reservation I've ever made in my life this would be one king bed or two queen beds. Upon clicking the reservation button and receiving confirmation, I realized that the choice was actually one king or one queen bed. This will not accommodate my family. I called immediately and have spoken with 4 different customer service reps. All of them telling me they are unable to help, that it's their policy not to allow me to cancel this reservation and book a different room and that there's nothing they can do.

Ironically, they always end by asking me if there's anything else they can do for me and suggest that they somehow offered me a solution. So now I'm out the $250 and have to book a different hotel. I've been a Priceline customer for many years and used them a lot when I was traveling for work, but I will never use them again. They have outsourced all of their customer service and I can not get anyone in the US or anyone with any actual decision making authority on the phone. Shame on them for allowing this. As a small business owner I am particularly offended because I would be out of business if I treated my customers this way.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I recently booked a hotel through Priceline and later found that I was unable to make the trip. I called as soon as I was aware and tried to cancel my reservation. They had 9 days advanced notice and they refused to refund my money. They were not nice. They essentially took my money and could care less. I will never use Priceline again. I travel a lot but I would not recommend this company and the last time I used them the hotel was supposed to be a 3-star or better hotel and I was afraid to even touch anything in the room, it was so filthy. There was blood on the bathroom door. I found another hotel. Don’t book with them.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Recently my wife and I were planning a trip to Springfield Missouri, so I decided to check out "Priceline" for deals as you see them advertising on tv all the time. Well, I put in my destination ect and the list of prices came up, and right a the top was their "express deal" for about 100+ cheaper than everyone else. I added our tickets and rental car to my cart, and tried MULTIPLE times to book that deal, but every single time it came back with "Ooops! We're sorry this deal is no longer available". Frustrated I thought it was something wrong with my computer, so I tried to do the same thing several times on both my wife's and son's computer also. Each time the SAME deal came up. Thinking maybe it was something to do with the internet I decided to wait a day or two to book our tickets as there was really no hurry.

Over the course of 5 consecutive days, every time I went to Priceline and searched our trip, it came back with the exact same deal, and every time I tried booking it it gave the same "Ooops. We're sorry" message. So just out of curiosity, I tried to book OTHER flights to OTHER destinations. Each and every time it came up with the SAME EXACT DEAL, SAME PRICE, SAME EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE DESTINATION AND STARTING POINT CHANGED... HUH? Finally a little ticked off, I called them. It took me an hour to get thru because every time I tried it told me "Oh we're sorry. The deal you were trying to book is filled". I finally had to search google for a corporate phone number.

I did eventually get ahold of a guy who didn't hardly speak any English and after some poking and prodding he finally told me the whole "express deal" crap is just that, CRAP. He said it's an advertising gimmick, and there wasn't really any "express deal" available. I then decided to do my own checking and Priceline's prices are literally the same as everyone else's. DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU HEAR OR READ FROM PRICELINE.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Do not book through Priceline... Fake promises is what it is. I wish I could give them a negative star because after our last hotel stay booked through them, they have not only lost our faith in them but have lost us as their customers and also our family/friends. I would recommend you to rather use Expedia, Kayak or any other website but not them. We booked a hotel in Michigan through them. It was a stay from hell there. Spiders in the bathroom, rotted doors, mold in the bathroom, slept on the couch for both nights. I do have to say the hotel manager called me right away apologizing and ensured that they will take actions to make sure steps are taken to correct this as they believe in making sure their customers have comfortable stays.

I asked them for a refund for the 2 nights we spent there and they said that since it was made through Priceline, Priceline will have to call them to get an approval (Which they would be happy to do so) and then I can get my refund from them. After contacting Priceline every other day to get a resolution, they kept telling me that they are not able to get hold of a manager at the hotel that we stayed at (which is unheard of as there is a always a manager on duty at all the hotels). Then after almost following up with them for a month, I ended up doing their job and called the hotel again to ask for who the manager would be that would approve this refund.

I spoke to him and went over the situation with him. He said he would be more than happy to approve this refund as soon as Priceline calls them. After sharing this info with Priceline, they said that they will not process my refund anymore as they could not reach the hotel manager which was complete BS. Long story short, they basically changed their side of the promise after all the hassle that I went through. They chose to rather lose customers than provide a service that will bring the customers back to them.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Our family was looking for a room for a weekend getaway to South Alabama. We used Priceline to review and select a room. We utilized the Express Deal that gives you little options at selection. We booked the deal and Americas Best Value Inn and Suite was the resulting location. When we checked in, we found a smoke saturated room that was so bad no one could have stayed there. Our family is non-smoking and we had small children with us, (a 2 month old). The hotel offered no other alternative and refused a refund since we booked with Priceline. We contacted Priceline and got the spill about reading the fine print and there was no guarantee for smoking or non-smoking. Our family had to pay for rooms we could not use as well as replacement rooms at another location we found. Both Priceline and Americas Best Value made money on the deal and we lost big time. Priceline is not a good deal and a rip-off.

Original review: July 8, 2018

It's the worse website to book for hotel using the secret deal or express deal. I book a twice a hotel at different areas in two weeks as express deal and my booking suppose to be for 3 persons, and after I paid the reservation email shows the hotel and reservation for two people only. I called Priceline and they said, “We can't do anything and you can ask the hotel for another bed and could be with extra charge.” I was lucky the hotel staff was very kindly people and help me, and that will be last time to use Priceline site.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I've always used Priceline to book my rooms until now. I booked a room for 07/20/18 an upcoming family trip. I selected 2 rooms but website kept kicking me out. I booked one room for a certain area. Went back to book the same area and saw *hint: you've booked here before* under the impression that it was the room I had just booked.

Spoke with customer service. They were very rude and told me that it didn't matter what I saw before booking that the last page is the only thing that matter. I even told the ladies (1st Lin 2nd Iyah) if there was a price difference I was willing to pay the difference but got a "Sorry can't help you." If they look into my account they will see I've booked through Priceline religiously and have never had an issue. The one time I do have an issue I can't get any assistance. I feel Like they should be willing to assist me because of "misleading" info on their website but all I get is "You should've checked the last page of your purchase." Now I am going to report the charge as fraud because that's fraud for both rooms and contact corporate (knowing I will receive the same response). I will no longer be using Priceline because of this experience.

Original review: July 7, 2018

My boyfriend was attempting to book a flight to Hawaii. The Priceline website crapped out so he had to re-enter his information again to retrieve a confirmation. Priceline charged us for two bookings so we called to dispute. Not only did we wait a WHOLE HOUR listening to their dumb automated content on loop, the customer service rep had to call Hawaiian airline separately to get ahold of the situation.

After another 30 min of waiting, they told us there was nothing they could do. UM HELLO YOUR WEBSITE CRAPPED OUT. JUST MAKE IT RIGHT. We requested to speak to her supervisor and she put us on hold for another 20 min. We finally get ahold of the supe and needed to explain the story all over again. Unbelievable! She looked into it and came back with the same story... What gives. This is the worst platform to book with incompetent service. If the flight wasn’t $450, I’d cut my losses... At this rate, it’s not even worth our time to hold to retrieve the money back.

Original review: July 7, 2018

Beware of false advertising and misleading information from Priceline.com. I rented a car with “unlimited mileage” but when I went to pick up car Advantage rental company told me mileage was limited to 159 miles per day. Priceline refused to refund the money because they have a statement that says rental company may have additional restrictions - if that is the case, then don’t mislead the consumers into thinking they are renting a car with unlimited mileage. It’s a bait and switch type of practice that takes advantage of the consumers. It’s wrong! Don’t trust anything Priceline advertises and before you use them, read all the fine print and if it’s a vague clause (Carte Blanche) be prepared to be taken advantage of.

Original review: July 6, 2018

So, I have been using Priceline to book a roundtrip flight to and from my home and school once a week for 6 months now. So needless to say I am an avid customer. I booked a flight for $408 today and less than an hour later got an update about pricing for my flight from Priceline saying that the cost had gone down to $333. I immediately call customer service to see about either canceling and re-booking or receiving credit on my account seeing as how they advertise BEST PRICE GUARANTEE. So, the first representative I call I am midway through my call and mysteriously the call is disconnected. So I casually call back and am on the phone with a representative for approximately 20 minutes. The end result of my call is, that in "his computer system" it is not showing any available reservations for this price, therefore he cannot issue a credit to my account.

I explain that I am looking right at the computer that shows multiple flight options at that price. He insists that even though they may be available online, in fact they are actually unavailable and are not valid reservations. So then, why would they offer flights at this price if these flights never existed to begin with? Now, let's make this even more interesting. I ask to speak to the manager and he says he will transfer me...AFTER he explains at least 3 times that the manager will say the exact same thing. So once again I am placed on hold and would you care to take a guess at what happens next?... Conveniently the phone line is disconnected again. At this point I proceed to eat lunch before attempting to contact customer service again.

It is now 2 hours after my last phone call with Priceline and out of curiosity I log back into Priceline and recheck flights and flight pricing...guess what?! THERE ARE NOW EVEN MORE FLIGHTS AND TIME OPTIONS AVAILABLE WITH THAT PRICE?! I think it is absolutely absurd to advertise best price guarantee and then NOT honor it. That is false advertising and needs to be reported to the highest authority...since to knowingly to false advertise a product I am almost certain is against the law of the United States of America.

To boot, I think treating any customer with this level of disrespect is offensive at best, not to mention frequent customers that travel on average one or more times weekly for months to years. I am deeply offended at the lack of customer care that Priceline provided not to mention lying straight to mine and everyone else's faces under the false facade of their "best price guarantee" slogan. I HIGHLY recommend that NO ONE books with them and seriously reconsider switching travel agency providers.

Original review: July 6, 2018

Recently purchased airfare from Eugene, Oregon to San Antonio, Texas and return (along with a rental car) through Priceline's website. Since we wanted to have carry-on luggage and choose our seats, we upgraded from "basic economy" to "economy (recommended)" on Priceline's website. Upgrade showed the ability to choose seats but the website wouldn't let us do it at the time of purchase. This is where I believe Priceline's website is somewhat misleading - and as I have since learned, it turns out choice of seats only happens when you check in for the flights. When we couldn't accomplish the seat choices at the time of booking we waited a few weeks and then contacted the two airlines we were booked on. This is where we learned our seats were not guaranteed or designated with either airline but for an additional cost we could make this happen today.

The first airline cost us an additional $88 to choose our seats and the second airline $218 (this because they had no unassigned economy seats and we had to purchase Economy Plus seats). Contacted Priceline's Customer Service by telephone to try and resolve the issue of the additional $50 per passenger for choice of seats. The answer we got on more than one occasion was you get to pick your seats at check-in (and to us that is not choice of seats that's assignment of seats). Even the airlines we spoke with admitted people traveling together are often separated at check-in depending on seating availability at the time. I even sent an email to Priceline to try and get a response.

Their response "you need to call one of our Air Travel Service agents". Of course, I did this twice more with no resolution whatsoever. So here we are... Minus $100 for Priceline's Choice of Seats (and no offer to refund) and minus an additional $300 for reserving our seats through the airlines two weeks before our flight. I will not be using Priceline's services again, and you can take to the bank that I will discourage anyone I know from doing so as well.

Original review: July 6, 2018

Accidently booked in wrong state. Pulled up Mississippi hotel. They booked in Michigan. Called 3 minutes later when noticed. They said hotel refused refund, called hotel, said they can not say yes or no to a refund because it is paid directly to Priceline. Called Priceline 5 times and hotel 4 times. Got nowhere. Will never use them again. DO NOT USE PRICELINE!!! Have to file dispute with credit card company. They are making bank on their refund policy. Because there is not one.

Original review: July 6, 2018

Bait and Switch at its finest. A Motel was chosen under express was not even close to what was represented as an example of hotels that would be chosen under the express program. Called to cancel due to the misrepresentation and they refused. Had to go to bank and file complaint with credit card company to get my money back. Sad. Very sad. STAY AWAY.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I tried to purchase airline tickets through Priceline on an advertised Express Deal. When I tried to confirm the purchase the price jumped from $208 to $304 for the ticket. When I tried to contact the customer service department all they would say is that they don’t guarantee prices and could not honor the price. This is just a typical bait and switch tactic which is apparently what they like to use to induce purchases at a higher price!

Original review: July 4, 2018

Terrible customer service, when finally reached by both chat and phone, was not at all helpful at all to either change my car rental reservation times or even provide any accurate information about possible late car - return rental fees. Totally misinformed and irresponsible customer service, do not use Priceline!

Original review: July 4, 2018

We booked car rental from Fox via Priceline. First this place is far from airport and you have to wait for shuttle for long time. We had a SUV booked and upon arrival we got a SUV where Baby’s car seat was not buckling up and other 2 SUVs were same also, so we had to get another car. They didn’t mention any extra charge for upgrading. Later they not only charge extra $160 but also they simply lied and charged $1:30 more per gallon oil. As we book through Priceline, they should have helped us but they didn’t. They told us to email here and there for a week then told they couldn’t help. Not going to book any through Priceline again too.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I have booked airline ticket with Priceline thinking if I find a cheaper price they will refund. But do not believe their claim. I have spent nearly 2 hours with 2 different customer support agents. I am able to see different website and lower price but Priceline claimed in one instance they could not see my departing airport on the website I provided and in another instance the price is way more higher than what I am looking at on my screen. They claim they have live feed etc. but it is incorrect. I am able to book flights at cheaper price than theirs with same conditions and they are unable to see the same prices. You cannot contact them via email where you can show them the screenshots. Don't get fooled with this company and don't use them. They are a scam.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Booked an international trip via Priceline, they changed the schedule of my connection flight which would ruin some of my plan. I called their customer service hoping to get my flight rescheduled. Then they canceled my flight altogether and charged me 10 dollar for cancellation. I had to book another flight for a higher rate at the time. Terrible customer service. It takes forever and they won't help you get anything done. STAY AWAY FROM PRICELINE.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I purchased round trip tickets. My father's health failed, so I contacted Priceline to get my departure ticked at a sooner date. They charged me for a full fare and a service fee. One hour later they left a message that the price had increased another 100.00 and if I did nothing the ticket would stay as originally booked. I booked a sooner flight with another carrier and when I went to use the return ticket it was canceled. I spent almost 2 hours with one the phone initially to change my departure ticket only and leave the return ticket. The operator was rude, unhelpful and in the end hung up on me. This is not a company I will ever do business with again. To say the least they have no moral code.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Frist of all it states price Guaranteed if not they will refund you 100% money back... It's not true even when I read the prints.... When I called back to confirm it they just was being rude and refuse to refund me my money... So please. My advice to anyone. It's better to book on Hotel.com or just pay a little more directly to the hotel. Always double check the hotel yourself for the prices. They might have cheaper and better policy.

Priceline expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Priceline is a Connecticut-based company that helps travelers find discounted rates offered by a wide range of travel businesses, including hotels and airlines.

• Price negotiations: Priceline lets customers name their own prices for hotel rooms, rental cars and flights.

• Last-minute flights: Travelers can get extra discounts by booking last minute flights.

• Customer service: Priceline responds to customer service emails within 12 hours.

• Group discounts: Priceline can help groups get discounts including a free room for the group coordinator.

• Travel bundles: Bundling travel services through Priceline can give travelers extra discounts.

• Best for: International and domestic travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs