1.08/5

Looking for a travel site?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

3373 Priceline Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I tried to reserve a hotel. I am very sure I got reservation done through Kayak, but at some point Priceline took it over and I got confirmation come from Priceline. I received confirmation with wrong dates. I have done number of reservations before and NEVER had such issues. I tried to reach someone to get the problem resolved... I had to deal with machine all the time; finally, I found a chat. After extended wait I was told that they cannot do anything for me and had a gut to tell me to use them again to reserve a new room. I lost my money, time!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Reservation desk turned me away because of an added fee I was not informed of, the clerk attempted to run my card and erroneously stated I did not have the funds. The clerk ran my credit card and charged me although I did not stay there. They had me ride back to the airport via their shuttle. I had to seek refuge like a homeless person, and stay awake in a restaurant. All said and done, I was awake for 33 hours before I could get home. Priceline staff did not assist and said they were having technical difficulties, and I should call back later. This allowed enough time to pass for the hotel to charge my card and thus preventing me reimbursement or compensation. I was a long term customer having used Priceline for 10 years. But no longer. I am going directly to the airline or hotel. To confirm all restrictions before I am ever placed in another dangerous situation as I was as a result of this reservation.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Hello to all... I try to book ticket from the Priceline... First the tickets they offer was off date so the “great deals “ was sold for days. After that I try to book 676$ flight and something like “sorry we couldn't process your...” popped out with notice try later so I bought from an airline directly and forget about the Priceline just to find “the deal“ in my email next day. They robbed me of 676$. Why this “company“ still operating???! Skip Priceline when searching for flight.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I booked a hotel suite with a whirlpool for our 10-yr anniversary a week in advance... When we arrived we got a junior suite. The room with the whirlpool was already booked. We didn't get any compensation for the price we paid... This idea of getting a deal is a joke.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I noticed that they posted 4 hotels for 87 dollars for the holidays and three of the four were at the 159.00 rates and one at a 90.00 rate and I figured that my chances where good. Well I was totally wrong!!! Please do not do the rate thing and let them get the hotel for you. They are not very helpful to fix any problems or help you get your money back. So please don't get scammed by them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I have been trying to book a flight for 2 days only to constantly be met with an error saying "whoops we are constantly updating our flights"...every single time I tried...for 2 days. I was unable to locate a phone number for customer service and had to chat with obvious a.i. I was then transferred to a "live agent", who may or may not have been a person, and without ever resolving the issue was summarily kicked out of chat. This is the first time I have ever written a bad review, because I generally don't think they are helpful. But in this case I think everyone should know how poorly Priceline does business. It really stands out because I was able to use Priceline without issue only 1 year ago. I do not know what changed, but if it's this difficult to even pay money to book a ticket I can only imagine the hassles after you've already paid.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Booked the flight ticket through Express Deal where it was mentioned that carry on baggage was included. But the itinerary did not reflect this and was asked to pay extra for carry-on luggage. The customer care was no help at all. They did not even cancel my ticket. Worst customer service.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I use Priceline all the time for different things. I was in a crunch and needed a hotel to stay for my last night in LA. The hotel that I booked through Priceline called Los Angeles Adventurers All Suite, has BED BUGS, I didn’t notice the bites till later on in the evening. I called Priceline to let them know of the issues and they refused to compensate me in any way because I didn’t mention the bites during check out. Priceline was noticed about the bed bugs and continues to keep the hotel listed on their site!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I have used Priceline for years and never experienced anything like this. Price offers the best deal for the Grand Luxurious King room at SLS Las Vegas. Once you pay for the room, your itinerary shows the Story King Room. After calling and explaining this to customer service, spoke to someone named Brenda **, she stated the reservation had to be cancelled and I could book through the hotel directly, which would cost double. Please do not book through this company, they are now a bait and switch company. Please pay attention to details in your itinerary.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I made a car reservation and accidentally choose AM instead of PM for return. I realized my mistake immediately after I hit the button, so I instantly called Priceline to correct and they wouldn't do anything. I disputed the charge with my credit card company, but they couldn't do anything because Priceline's website says no refunds. So basically I paid over $200 for a car rental that Priceline canceled so I couldn't use it and they will not refund me ANY money. STAY AWAY from Priceline - use Costco for car rentals... They are GREAT to deal with and will help you if you make a mistake!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Called in to PriceLine to make a Hotel Reservation, Room was listed at $58.00 vs. $94.00 regular Hotel rate - 36% savings agent representative said. Gave them all the appropriate information that was required to make the reservation, then the agent put it through. After a brief pause, agent claimed the transaction did not go through. He took the information once again and ran it - only this time He said the room was now not available. He then asked if he could take another reservation at the higher room rate. I told him where to go with his new rate, and told him to erase my information. Sounded like a traditional “Bait and Switch” operation to me.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

My husband is in the military and they changed his flight home. In a chain of events, I also had to change my flight to go and get him. I booked the flight 6 hours before he told me the flight was changed. I even bought the trip insurance. When I found out that it changed I simply called Priceline to ask for assistance in changing the flight. They told me that they could not do that. No big deal - Please cancel and refund my flight and I'll just go ahead and rebook right now. They also refused to do that. When I explained that I purchased the insurance the man on the phone informed that insurance only covers unforeseen events, such as death.

The fact that I purchased the insurance, and it had only been 6 hours since booking the flight meant nothing to them. I tried to explain that I would be immediately rebooking and they would not be losing any money. They would not work with me. I would understand if I hadn't purchased insurance. I would even understand if it was the day before the flight, but this was absolutely uncalled for. They were rude and continuously spoke over the top of me. This is an emotional and stressful time. I even told them verbatim I just wanted someone to be nice to me. I called for help, not to be yelled at that I just have to "get over it, and pay more."

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

My baby and I got stuck in a town overnight due to weather conditions and my mom was trying to help us find a safe place to stay to thought she just reserved a place with my card and when I went to find the address it was not even close to the town we were searching for. Called immediately and let the hotel know what happened. They told me to call Priceline to get the refund completed. I called them right away and was on hold for 5 min the first time then since I have a baby I had to hang up and help her then I called back and stayed on hold for over 15 min. When no one answered I hung up and waiting and tried to call back a few more times with no answer. I eventually had to give up and get my little one to sleep and figured I would try again in the morning hoping to get an answer.

When I did the customer service representative was no help. They said there was nothing they could do to help me that is was my fault for not getting ahold of someone the night before. Even though no one was answering. I tried to explain to him I was a not able to stay on hold all night till someone decided to answer they had no way online for me to see if they had certain calling hours or a way to cancel online. So frustrating that this company that is supposed to be there to makes things easier can make a mess of someone’s night plus now we are paying for two hotels. One which we didn’t even use. I will ever use this website or recommend it to friends are family! They are awful.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Priceline sold me a ticket from US to Portugal but the layover at the NY airport was not long enough to make it to the next plane. They also did not warn me I needed a round trip per/Portugal law. That forced me to buy another one way at twice the price I would have paid for one round trip. They refused to reimburse me the $400 the airline charged me to change the ticket. They refused to talk to me because I had called the airline to discover the problems. So they ruined my trip, forced me to pay more for a ticket and fees. They took no responsibility. Did not offer a credit or an apology.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I am never, ever, ever using Priceline again. I booked a Frontier flight through them and then had to cancel (in October, for a Nov. flight)... Got an email with confirmation saying I'd get credit for the next year and to call Frontier directly. I tried calling Frontier to book a flight less than one month later (for Xmas), and they kept saying I did NOT have any credit from my cancelled flight. I was in a hurry, got impatient and ended up buying the flight online for Xmas because I knew I had another flight coming up (in Feb.) that I could use the credit for.

Called Frontier once again, and they again told me I had no credit and that I had been a "no show". So I called Priceline, and after being on hold 20 min, got a hold of someone. They put me on hold for 10-15min to call Frontier. Finally got back to me and asked when I wanted to book my next flight... I told them Feb., and they said "Sorry, that's greater than 3 months so there is nothing we can do." So I am out $150 because of this AWFUL EXCUSE OF A COMPANY.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

First of all they charged full amount adult ticket for my infant who is 1 year old. And then their prices are way more than the normal ticket we are getting in market. They claim to be best price match but they only take money from customer and then don't even care about them. No solution, no adjustments, no price match, just making frauds. I am stuck after buying tickets from them and now I am getting $1000 CAD less priced tickets but can't take it as Priceline don't give any refunds neither do price match. Moreover they are asking for additional price for bags.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I rented a car through Priceline with Executive Car Rental in Detroit, MI 2 weeks before my planned travel. I called Executive Car Rental 1 week before travel to confirm. When I landed in Detroit, MI at 12:30 am on the Friday morning after Thanksgiving and turned my phone back on, I had a voicemail from Executive Car Rental saying they were unable to honor my reservation. I am over 1500 miles from home in the middle of the night with my husband & daughter on our way to a funeral and no rental car! I called Executive only to be told it was just a reservation, it was not confirmed and they were not responsible. No remorse or sensitivity to my situation at all. NEVER Trust either of the companies! Now I am watching my credit card invoice to make sure I was not charged... So far so good on that note.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

DO NOT USE PRICELINE! They are a very disreputable company and I will never use them again. Their website "deals" are misleading and when you click on "Book Now" you are NOT and WILL NOT get the deal you were just looking at and read about. Customer Service is a waste of time and they truly do NOT care about the customers. Priceline is a joke, they do nothing but offer phony services and steal your money! The absolute worst online booking company out there and they clearly need to be shut down and put out of business! Nothing but a SCAM, FRAUD & a consumers worst NIGHTMARE!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Spent 1+ hour with 3 Priceline customer service rep without resolving the issue of not being able assign seats for my airline purchase even though it stated "Carry-on bag and advance seat selection included!". I was to get a return phone call which I never received. I have several screenshot of my purchase which proves "advance seat selection included! ".

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Long story, but they are a very disreputable company and I will never use them again. We travel quite a bit and this was the first and last time we will use their service. Very stressful! We thought we were talking to Radisson Hotel group and were misled.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I went online to make my rental car reservation with PRICELINE, even though, it wasn't an excellent deal rate I decided to book with them because of the time. I was flying from Orlando to Fort Lauderdale. When I landed I started looking for this company "Easirent.com" at the airport, then after going to E-Z Rent A Car by mistake. They told me that the other company was outside of the airport and I need to get a shuttle. (They say in the ad that is at the airport). After waiting 20 minutes for the shuttle they took me to "Easirent" location.

It was about 9:30 pm, day before Thanksgiving. When I'm at the counter they asked me for my DL. At the same time I gave them my debit card and they refused to take it. They said "We only accept credit cards at this location." I asked them why they never mentioned that before, only at that point when was too late for me to get another vehicle. I was so upset and disappointed going back to the airport asking and begging for a vehicle. Unfortunately all of them were sold out. I got to used Uber all the time. I WILL NOT USE AND RECOMMEND PRICELINE TO ANYONE.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I started with a planned RV trip to Orlando. I booked a rental car, for local transportation, 28 days in advance. Upon arrival, the car rental company (EXECUTIVE CAR RENTAL) refused the confirmed reservation, because I did not come in on a flight. There was no indication on the Priceline website that I needed one. Executive said it was not their fault that Priceline did not tell me. They would do nothing to help me get in a car. I called Priceline support and they said they did not actually "confirm" the rental reservation, that was up to the local company.

They did confirm that I met all of the requirements on the website and they did issue a confirmation. Then they told me I should always call the local vendor, be it air, car or hotel to confirm with them. They acknowledged this was not stated on their website. I asked for help in finding another car and they said I needed to hang up and call in for a new reservation. Bottom line is they add NO VALUE, they only lead you to think that a confirmed reservation from they has some value.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I purchased a last minute ticket to fly home for a family emergency. My brother is in the ICU in critical condition. I was to fly home tomorrow but things have taken a turn for the worst. I called Priceline and they in no way would help me by rescheduling, refunding, crediting or even just a small discount would help on rescheduling but no. The only thing they said was "Your only option is to buy another ticket at full price." It's not right. They didn't even try to help me or offer anything to me. That's very insensitive and pathetic. I use Priceline and fly Alaskan everytime. I find this downright hurtful. I hope you like taking money from people and showing you don't care.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Priceline-Agoda I will never use them again to make any kind of reservation! I put in my info for a hotel reservation for a 2 week stay... When they replied they had the check in date the same as the check out date The site also said we need not pay anything until arrival... Just give card information... I have done this many times before and no problem... Three days before we left in our trip I get an email saying if we did not pay full amount within 44 hours our reservation would be canceled.

There was no way to check with hotel as they don’t even know who we are. They said that is how Agoda works. This happened late on a Friday... We had no access to our funds until Monday at that time. I called the Agoda customer service and the person who answered sounded so out of breath and was impatient gave me no straight answers and said I had 40 hours to pay. He also cut me off while I was talking and in the end HUNG UP ON ME!!! I will never ever use Priceline again!!!!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I am beyond livid. I booked a hotel during the Thanksgiving holiday specifically selecting one with an indoor pool. Upon arrival after driving all afternoon, we were informed by the hotel staff that the hotel was under renovation. The pool was closed and plastic sheeting was covering the walls. The hotel also advised that Priceline had been informed and should have had the renovation information listed. I contacted Priceline and spoke to someone who could barely speak English. He was no help at all. Priceline should have moved us to another location. The hotel said we could cancel but since it was after the 6:00 PM cancellation time frame, we would lose one night's charge. My kids were so disappointed with the whole trip. Could not eat breakfast comfortably with the plastic and plaster smell. Contacted Priceline repeatedly by phone and online chat. No resolve.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I'm too angry to type a lengthy review - so here's a quick review: I booked an "Economy Class" airline ticket from the US to Barcelona on Swissair. My confirmation email from Priceline stated it was an "Economy Class" ticket. Upon check-in 24 hours before my flight - it was learned that I had an "Economy Light" ticket? I immediately called Priceline because an "Economy Light" ticket does not include a checked bag at no charge like the "Economy" ticket does. Please keep in mind here that my confirmation email from Priceline stated that I had a "Economy" ticket and NOT an "Economy Light" ticket.

Priceline was less than helpful - stating that "Economy Light" falls under the "Economy" classification and therefore there was nothing they could do for me? There are four classes on the airline website for Intercontinental travel: "Light", "Economy", "Business", and "First." When I brought this to Priceline's attention - the rep simply "apologized" and stated that I would need to pay an additional $120.00 in baggage fees? Say what? Who flies to Europe for two weeks from the US with no luggage? Needless to say I'm more than upset - now spending more for my travel than I would've booking somewhere else. I will NEVER use Priceline ever again!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I booked a trip for March 2019 for my family (total of 6 travelers) including the hotel and flight. Unfortunately I did not include trip insurance and wish I would have. My husband and I traveled to the destination we are planning to go to in October just to check things out. We were not impressed with the hotel (including the fact that I got food poisoning). When we returned we decided that we would like to try another resort for the trip we have scheduled in March.

I did an online chat with Priceline and they told me no. I explained the problem (food poisoning and not being happy with the resort) and the agent (Hazel) got snippy with me telling me. Given that it is 4.5 months from our trip, I have a hard time understanding why the resort cannot be changed especially since I doubt Priceline has paid the resort for our stay. We also have 2 rooms booked at the resort we are planning for in March, and I asked if Priceline could contact the hotel and ensure they were next to each other. Priceline told me we had to call the hotel and the hotel told me that Priceline needed to contact the hotel. Complete cluster rammer. If you are thinking about booking through Priceline, don't.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I had reserved a van for a trip to Costa Rica through Priceline for the 22nd through the 1st. Our actual fly days altered so I needed to adjust my reservation to the 24th through the 1st. I had to reduce my reservation by 2 days but Priceline said because I was changing my reservation it would cost me $800 MORE than the original reservation. 11 days reduced to 9 days (mind you, same days I had already reserved) and it would cost me MORE. Not only that, but the new price was almost double my initial reservation price. Priceline would do nothing to make it right. I even contacted the Better Business Bureau. They still wouldn’t give me even my original reservation price. They should be ashamed at their practice of grossly overcharging customers. We will not use Priceline ever again.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I purchased 2 round trip tickets to Orlando for my son and I this coming April. I purchased the trip protection policy thinking I would be protected if I needed to cancel this trip. When I searched the same flights today I realised they were over $300 less! I called to cancel my tickets but was told they were nonrefundable, their hands were tied, and to please contact Alliance. When I contacted Alliance (the insurance provider) the woman on the phone basically laughed at me and said "Well, ma'am, you're not ill, unable to walk, or dead, so therefore we cannot refund you." I am sickened by the lack of concern and greediness of both companies. I will NEVER use Priceline.com again, and I will NEVER buy the trip insurance that doesn't actually protect your trip. They should be ashamed. Scam artists.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I was comparing prices between different sites. Found a hotel that was on 3 other sites. Priceline showed the price as 48.00 but when I went to reserve it jumped up to 64.00! This happened on 3 other hotels. One went from 42.00 to 77.00 and another went from 66.00 to 110.00!!! Their answer was because of dates wanted. So tried again with different dates just to see and price kept changing on all dates.

Priceline expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Priceline is a Connecticut-based company that helps travelers find discounted rates offered by a wide range of travel businesses, including hotels and airlines.

• Price negotiations: Priceline lets customers name their own prices for hotel rooms, rental cars and flights.

• Last-minute flights: Travelers can get extra discounts by booking last minute flights.

• Customer service: Priceline responds to customer service emails within 12 hours.

• Group discounts: Priceline can help groups get discounts including a free room for the group coordinator.

• Travel bundles: Bundling travel services through Priceline can give travelers extra discounts.

• Best for: International and domestic travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs