3.1/5 (3873 ratings)

About Priceline

Priceline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

My experience with Priceline has been amazing. I had to cancel my trip, and I had an unrefundable car rental. The agent heard my reasons and found them genuine to give me a full refund. This is customer service, loved it and I would recommend to book with Priceline for peace of mind in these very unusual and uncertain times.

Priceline Reservation Number @ +1-831-244-8250
Priceline customer number @ +1-831-244-8250
Priceline customer support number @ +1-831-244-8250
Priceline Billing support number @ +1-831-244-8250

Priceline Refund support number @ +1-831-244-8250

This might help you all.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

I had a last minute business trip from San Diego to Sacramento. I found great prices through Priceline and booked both. The rental stated unlimited miles. When I arrived to Payless rental car to pick up my prepaid car I was told they needed a credit card for the mileage charges and that the unlimited mileage priceline offered was not correct. I left without the car and booked another again through priceline and had the same problem. I called priceline for help but did not get a return call until 3 houses later. By that time I was no longer able to make it to my business meeting or hotel on time. I reached out through BBB and priceline still refuses to take responsibility first their predatory practice of offering the "lowest" price then allowing their partners to change the rules of the prepaid deal. I will NEVER again use priceline.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Had an issue with a car rental that we reserved via a vacation package on Priceline. We ended up not getting the rental. The customer service rep I spoke to via Priceline was amazing and very understanding. She handled the situation quickly and everything got resolved. My only complaint is there wasn’t a way for me to leave a review so that she could be recognized by her employers!

Original review: May 4, 2021

I tried the multitude of travel places looking for the best rates on a hotel for my wife and son and I for our upcoming trip to Sc. in June. Priceline by far had the best rates, the most knowledgeable associates and answered every question I had about what there is to do there as well as if Parris Island was allowing visitors to tour the Marine Recruiting Base, (graduated Marine Boot Camp in Nov. 83). I give them an eleven stars out of 10 for helping me.

Original review: April 23, 2021

We rented a car through Priceline on a recent vacation to Florida. The car rental shuttle never picked us up at the end of the night and we had to sleep in the airport. The car rental place (Fox Rent A Car) double charged us for rental we never received on time. They refused to work it out with us, but Priceline got involved and arranged for us to get back double the amount the rental car owed us in a very quick amount of time. We will definitely use Priceline again but NOT Fox Rent a Car!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

I booked multiple trips through Priceline for the later half of last year and throughout this year. After I go through my last trip that I booked through Priceline, I don't think I'll ever book with them again. For the second time that I've requested a refund through them for a trip that I couldn't make, I've run into a wall. Despite the fact that I've booked my trips ENTIRELY through them, when asking for a refund, they give you other airlines and booking agents to call.

If ever you're looking for a refund, be prepared for long wait times and endless amounts of transfers and repeating your issues over and over. It took me 2 days of phone calls and emails to get a refund. And after all that, you may not get even half of the money that you prepaid for the trips (I got a measly $300+ return for a trip that I paid nearly $1000 for; you do the math). Car rentals, in particular, are nonrefundable. Even under military orders, which I've provided(though, I personally feel I shouldn't have to provide), they were unwilling to give me a refund.

Also, I just found it insulting that they would even have the gull to ask me why Japan closed their borders at the moment, knowing full well we are in the middle of another wave in a pandemic. Tbh, I shouldn't have even had to ask for my money back but I digress. I've yet to resolve that particular issue but I already have two different numbers that I have to call, even though I booked the trip through Priceline. I'm anticipating a "resolution" where I won't see much of my money returned back to me. Even though my VIP status with Priceline has been upgraded due to the amount of trips I've booked with them, I don't think I'll ever book with them again. Lastly, I think it's very telling that I've never been asked about how satisfied I've been with the customer service. It's because the customer service is nonexistent.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

Very bad experience at customer service. I had a digital copy with barcode for covid test and the lady at customer service has no idea how to scan the barcode with her phone. After 15 minutes of waste time someone else came there and scanned it from his own phone. Secondly, I had 2 personal bags and she made me pay for the 2nd bag which is not heavy and easy to lift. This flight cost me very expensive. I make sure I will fly with Air Canada next time.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

Do not use this company for any part of your trip or vacation. Cancellations might not be refundable and customer service will do nothing to assist you. I had a horrible experience and then was told "we have noted your feedback".

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

I had a death in the family. I had purchased the insurance. I first contacted United Airlines and they said I needed to contact Priceline since I purchased my flight from them. I then called Priceline where I was told I needed to contact the insurance company (the insurance which is offered on Priceline's website). I contacted the insurance company (Allianz) who seemed compassionate but only changed the dates of my insurance policy and nothing with my trip. After changing the dates I explained to the gentlemen that I needed to change my flight not my policy. At this point he told me I needed to speak to priceline and put me on hold then forwarded my call back to priceline where I was told I needed to file a claim with the insurance. Sounds like a joke but this really happened to me. I will not buy anything from priceline again-them and their insurance are worthless. Poor customer service with every person I have come into contact with.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

Needed to cancel to due to serious sickness of a family member. Got charged $100 on a $250 rental days before scheduled rent. Will never use again! Regular rent directly through rental company is not really that much more expensive, and they allow cancellations a lot more freely...

Priceline author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Priceline is a Connecticut-based company that helps travelers find discounted rates offered by a wide range of travel businesses, including hotels and airlines.

• Price negotiations: Priceline lets customers name their own prices for hotel rooms, rental cars and flights.

• Last-minute flights: Travelers can get extra discounts by booking last minute flights.

• Customer service: Priceline responds to customer service emails within 12 hours.

• Group discounts: Priceline can help groups get discounts including a free room for the group coordinator.

• Travel bundles: Bundling travel services through Priceline can give travelers extra discounts.

Priceline Company Information