3.19/5
Based on 2,649 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a travel site?

Priceline

Looking for a travel site?

3712 Priceline Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 26, 2019

I purchased an Express Hotel Deal for July 4 and the rate was $93. That same Express Hotel Deal for the same date is now $72. I've spoken to customer service and the explanation I'm getting is ludicrous. Best Price Guarantee states that if you book an Express Deal and you find the same itinerary at a lower price, you get 200% of the difference back.

"Price must be in the same currency, using the same form of payment and from the same point of sale as your original reservation when you call us. The lower price must be an exact match to the itinerary booked on priceline.com, including offering of a comparable cancellation policy. Additional restrictions apply*." "How to Match: Hotels: same hotel, check-in and check-out dates, number of rooms, room type including bedding and view selection". According the customer service, the rate they guarantee does not apply to Express Deals yet that contradicts their advertising. If you book an Express Deal how can the hotel be matched, seems like Priceline is trying to backpedal on the policy by it not being 100% clear.

Original review: June 12, 2019

After reading so many horrible reviews about Priceline, I was skeptic on using them. So far so good. I called the hotel and airlines DIRECTLY to confirm my seat through Priceline and they had my reservations even though I didn't register direct and I went through Priceline. I'm not sure how people have so many problems with Priceline? I always make sure I know I'm going on the trip and I quadruple check that nothing comes up on the dates where I know I'm taking a trip that costs a lot so I don't have to go through the hassle of getting refunds (in case they don't refund me). I always call the hotel and airlines directly to triple check everything and I received an e-mail from Priceline to check-in. They didn't automatically cancel my reservations without my permission. I don't know why people have so many problems with Priceline!

Save yourself the hassle of making sure your credit card and banking number went through before you arrive to said hotel and are surprised you don't have a room. You should have had a receipt e-mailed to you confirming your reservation before you arrived. It's not Priceline's fault for some people's incompetence of making sure their reservations are correct. When looking for a hotel near my event, I had a choice between a very cheap motel type place or a more reputable place. I saved more money for the nicer hotel to ensure I'd have proper reservations. It seems that people have hotel reservation issues when they pick sketchy hotel places at one star rates.

I heard car rental can be an issue so I'm not renting a car. I'm taking Uber just to save myself the trouble of being surprised of getting a beat down truck when I thought I'd get a working four door car. I also don't go to sketchy remote places where there are no ways to triple check my reservations. However, even if a customer made a mistake, I hope Priceline has improved their customer service. I know before they didn't have that great of a customer service. I just hope I don't have to call customer service so I make sure everything is good for my trip so I don't have to call customer service to begin with. So far so good. I leave for my flight this afternoon and had reserved my seat. The hotel said they will have my room ready for tomorrow when I arrive. If this trip goes smoothly, I will use Priceline for future travels.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 7, 2019

In a recent three-day trip to New York, I decide at the last minute to rent a car, and in my search for rentals at La Guardia Airport and after several searches, Priceline came across with some the best deals in New York, that quickly I made my car selection and reservation and pre-paid the total, including auto rental insurance for $11 a day. Little to know and to my surprise, when I arrive at Hertz car rentals at La Guardia Airport, my reservation was for Newark airport, at the other end of the city. Hertz customer service people were friendly and helpful but unable to switch my reservation. I called Priceline and after several calls on hold, over ten minutes each, in addition, my wife was communicating with customer service via chat line with no tangible results.

At the end I gave up, and we decided on taking a Uber ride to the hotel, and after seeing the incredible traffic jams, it was smart to take an Uber ride and get to the hotel and continue my call with Priceline, as at this time I just wanted to cancel my reservation. After several communications after that, Priceline decide to cancel my reservation and refund me all of the money. I am grateful that Priceline did the right thing even though the reservation was not refundable or exchangeable, thank you Priceline! -Omar

Original review: May 30, 2019

My reservation is still over 3 months away, but things were booking up so fast that I had to get my booking done. I often use the Priceline website Express Deals to book rooms as there is some excitement in finding out what hotel you end up getting. The only drawback is that you must prepay and can't cancel. I guess that's the chance you're taking in saving a great deal. Another bonus was that if I booked on my cellphone, I received an extra percentage off.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Priceline employee actually took the time to look for a good price hotel for me. When I called HotelPlanner they said there is nothing in the area for a better price. A room for one night was 211 with HotelPlanner, the girl on the phone said there is no better prices. I called Priceline. They found me a hotel 100 dollars less than the HotelPlanner price. I will never use HotelPlanner. I will only use Priceline.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?

Original review: July 18, 2019

I purchased an airline ticket to fly overseas through Priceline using Qatar Airlines. On the day of the flight I was required to postpone my ticket so I call Priceline to make changes and they tell me to contact Qatar for changes and then after being on hold for over an hour I get hold of somebody at Qatar Airlines and I am told they cannot make any changes to the reservation as the actual sale was made by Priceline so I need to contact them, so I call Priceline again and they tell me the same.

Customer Service at Priceline refuses to even listen when I am trying to explain to them what Qatar Airlines has said she kept quoting me some rules which were silly and kept trying to get off the phone and saying contact Qatar. Please do yourself a favor use somebody else who knows what they are doing meanwhile looks like I am out of $1600 if I do not make these changes within the next hour.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I am a true blue believer in reviews, I trusted that Priceline would back the Hotel booked through them. Not so! My bathroom was flooded by the upper floors BR, ruining all my personal belongings. I was then moved to an attic room where the fuel oil smell from the Hotels AC Unit was infecting my room to which I countdown not be moved & I chose an early check out! Neither Priceline or Club Quarters was sympathetic to my situation, no refund, no kindness shown. The customer service girl at PL was very kind assuring me of a follow up... None. Hotel assured me of a follow up....None! Thank God for American Express! Do not trust that PL will back you up. Extremely disappointed!!

Original review: July 18, 2019

We googled an area for car rentals near our hotel and Priceline came up first. The cost was a bit high but in their defense there was a large event nearby. We made reservations and discovered within a few minutes of confirmation, they had taken us to another location 1hr 50min south of our hotel to pick up the car! Not even close to the area we kept putting in! Our fault for blinding trusting them to get us a Hertz rental! We went back to Priceline website and found rentals much closer for same dates & $$. The only way to communicate was through an online chat which politely told us to call Hertz and disconnected the chat! They wouldn't help at all. Hertz get 5 stars for spending an hour on the phone with us trying to change the reservation and finally cancelling it altogether. We'd take a cab before giving this poor company $1! We have used other travel sites successfully and happily in the past. Priceline NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: July 17, 2019

In Sydney, I booked Harbour Bridge view room, but at hotel, the hotel told me I booked a cheaper room and I need to pay 40 dollars per night to upgrade. Priceline is a ** company full of liars. Priceline said it was a mistake, but they are not going to refund me anything. Be aware of this company.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Several days ago, we purchased 2 travel packages both including flight, hotel, rental car from Priceline so we can attend a conference with a group from other cities. Priceline gave us two airline tickets, one hotel reservation instead of 2 and one rental car instead of 2. When I called Priceline about this, I was told that although we paid for two packages, they assigned us only one trip number since we booked the 2 packages at the same time instead of two separate times and that there is nothing that they could do nor would do about it.

I spoke with two customer representatives, one was very rude, and a supervisor who just kept repeating that since we only have one assigned trip number, we got only one hotel reservation and one rental car. There are no instructions nor information in their website stating that booking multiple travel packages at the same time will result in this situation. I ended up paying quite a lot more than I should have if I booked directly with the airline and hotel. Plus we still need another hotel room and a rental car.

Original review: July 15, 2019

I called Priceline Customer Service regarding an issue with my hotel reservation. The representative put me on hold to look into the matter and put me on hold for 35 minutes and I kept asking "are you still there" but there was no response. I still waited and waited but there was no response. I hung up finally. I went to complete the survey on her and guess what - I click the link and it says survey is already completed!!!! I am shocked. I will report this to Better Business Bureau. How did the employee manage to complete the survey? It is shocking!

Original review: July 15, 2019

I seldom write reviews but Priceline needs to be investigated for its unscrupulous business practices. In a nutshell, I prepaid for a car rental--nearly $1800 in advance. I did not purchase the optional protection because I was certain that I would in fact rent the car. When we got to the car rental agent (National), the clerk told us that he would not give us the car we had paid for because we did not present an international driver's license. This requirement is not posted on the Priceline confirmation sheet. The sheet indicates that an international license OR passport might be required--so we had the passport and our own valid licenses.

Priceline phone numbers for Greece did not work and the online chat did not connect me for five days in a row of trying. When I finally got through, the online chat agent refused to forward my requests to a supervisor and continued unabashedly to deny my request for a refund, repeatedly claiming that they do not offer refunds for cancellations. Despite my repeated explanations that I had not canceled my reservation nor had failed to try in good faith to collect the car I had paid for, they refused to refund my money for a car I paid for but did not receive!

Original review: July 14, 2019

I will NEVER book a hotel through Priceline again! When I attempted to check in to the hotel, the hotel stated that Priceline never paid them and that I owed them money for the two nights. They explained this happens a lot, and that I would not be charged twice. So I paid the fee at the hotel for the two nights. I then went to look at my credit card statement, and Priceline in fact did charge my credit card. When I called Priceline, they told me it was not their fault, and that it was the hotel's fault. So they could not refund the money. Also, the fee the hotel was charging me was less than what Priceline was offering. Priceline states they will give you the lowest rate, so when I asked if they would refund me the difference they said they would not. So much for offering the lowest prices.

On top of all of this, there was a cockroach in our hotel room and it took the employees at the hotel 30 minutes to come to our room, so by the time someone arrived the cockroach was gone. Also, I had to call house keeping multiple times because it took someone so long to come to our room. The hotel did change our room for the second night, but this room had a dirty bath tub with hair in it from the previous guests. I will NEVER use Priceline or stay at a Hilton hotel again. I was on the phone with both parties for a total of 4 hours, and both companies were extremely rude an unhelpful. Also, when I was speaking with one of the employees from Priceline, she actually hung up on me. This was supposed to be a fun relaxing weekend. However, it turned into the worst hotel stay I have EVER experienced!!

Original review: July 14, 2019

I booked a hotel room and prepaid through Priceline. The hotel then charged me again, at a lower rate. I called Priceline and they arranged a refund of the hotel charge but refused to adjust the cost to the lower rate. We travel 6-10x per year, but will not be using Priceline again.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I prepaid car rental for one-way trip. Priceline subcontracted to Rentalcars.com. On Priceline website and on emails from subcontractor "total cost" of rental that I was shown never reflected the one-way drop off fee. Total cost I was shown was $259. The charge was buried in a narrative on another page, in the middle of many items, but even then not clear: "the fee for this service is $604.40." This service is not specified. Previous paragraph says a one-way fee may be charged. Dollar charged me the $604.40 for one-way drop-off fee. Had I known about that amount I would not have booked. Chase credit card supported the misleading marketing, saying car rental company, in this case, Dollar, not at fault. Refused to see that Dollar benefited from misleading marketing. Hung up on me.

Original review: July 13, 2019

I had to cancel my car rental because there was a change in my travel schedule. I cancelled over a month prior to the scheduled date. Priceline's affiliated "Allianz Global Assistance" refused to reimburse me my insurance premium that I paid for my car rental insurance. They claim since I did not cancel within 10 days of purchasing the policy, I cannot get a refund. So now I have an insurance policy on a car rental that I will not have. How does this make sense? Good luck speaking to anyone at Priceline. Their automated system will run you in loops and hang up on you, so you are left with online chatting. I feel like I paid $81 to never go through Priceline or its affiliates again.

Original review: July 13, 2019

I purchased 2 Airline tickets through Priceline. They charged my credit card right away. They then proceeded to change my itinerary TWICE before my trip which then caused my travel companion to have to cancel their trip because we would then be returning too late. (30 min layover got changed to 5 hour layover) Priceline agreed to refund the amount of the one ticket. However, 10 days after that and I still don't have my refund. Free speaking with 5 different Priceline representatives, and being on the phone on hold for a total of 4 hours over several conversations, I finally got the last representative to tell me that it will take 6-8 WEEKS for my refund. That is absolutely absurd! Why does it take that long??!! I am extremely frustrated and disappointed????

Original review: July 13, 2019

We booked a hotel through Priceline that was so dirty, called for a cot to sleep in. Grass outside is a foot long, vomit stains on side of bed, water leaks on walls and tissues found between the sheets. Checking out tomorrow morning and cutting our trip early. Priceline will not refund any money or offer any compensation. Would hate to have this happen to anyone else. Looks like the hotel is in bankruptcy and hope our vehicle is not broken into overnight. Don’t book anything with Priceline.

Original review: July 12, 2019

After some serious shopping around for a good price on a hotel stay, I found a good deal through Priceline. I made my reservation and immediately realized that it was prepay. I canceled my reservation in less than 2 minutes. Fund had already been taken from my account. I waited until the next day to see if my account had been credited, it had not. I called Priceline and after a 15 minute wait I finally spoke with a human. I was told that it takes 3 to 5 days for funds to be credited back to an account. Only seconds to take it but 3-5 to give it back. I told them how incredibly awesome they were and that this was the first and last time I would ever use Priceline and to have a wonderful day and I hung up. I rebooked the same room with another company and got an even lower price and they offered reserve now pay later and free cancellation. As of this writing I am still waiting for my refund.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I booked a hotel, only to find out the next day, that it's not a safe place to stay with kids, so I called immediately to rebook to another hotel. THEY WERE COMPLETELY UNHELPFUL. I called Wyndham management and the hotel itself, they were all willing to cancel my reservation, but Priceline wouldn't help me at all. They just said that the hotel wouldn't cancel which is not true since the manager explained to me that it was Priceline who charged my credit card. Such a mess.. I will never use them again!!!!

Original review: July 11, 2019

I was searching for a car rental price in Calgary. I found a price and thought I had RESERVED a car in June. Once my Visa was entered Zoom I was charged. No number to contact worker, no email to complain was available and the online chat feature was unresponsive. When we showed up at the Hertz counter in Calgary they delayed us 1.5 hours. Totally unsatisfactory. NEVER USE Priceline. Captain Kirk you screwed us!

Original review: July 11, 2019

Horrible Co. My Canadian girl friend used my charge card to book flights from Zurich to Paris. Half hour later we decided to cancel but never received a confirmation to my email in order to cancel. Immediately it was pending on my credit card. I still hadn't received any confirmation from Priceline. Tried to cancel from account, bank wouldn't do it yet. Called Bookings and so did my Canadian friend to no avail. I called Air France and they said they couldn't cancel because it was booked though another co. A week later the pending charge was paid. My husband disputed charge because we still had absolutely nothing showing us we had flights anywhere. Still no email or confirmation #. Called Bookings that day and they finally told us they couldn't cancel because it was a Priceline booking. Transferred us to Priceline supervisor and he told me we had had 24 hrs to cancel a week earlier.

I said I still have no way to cancel, as I never received a booking or confirmation of a booking. He read my email address and it was incorrect, my Canadian friend transposed a letter in my e-address. He said that was the problem, and we couldn't cancel now. I still have no idea where or who has these flights to Paris as we still have nothing on this trip and are not going. My husband just got notice from our account that they've taken the money from us and we have NOTHING. Never use Priceline. They've still never sent me the tickets or a notice of any kind, so we can't even use the flights if we wanted to. Disgusted. $332 for nothing. I've spent hours and hours so has my friend trying rectify this. We are senior citizens and this has taken a toll on us. I'm done now. It's not worth my health. Take it from me they are not a reputable Co.

Original review: July 10, 2019

HORRIBLE SERVICE!! I read some of the posts and I agree. Avoid this company!!! I booked a hotel last week and the only filter I chose was a Pet friendly hotel, paid upfront for 2 nights. On the day I packed up my dogs in 100 degree weather and headed across the border from Montreal to Plattsburgh, NY. I get there and hotel states they don't allow pets. Here I was stranded in 100 degrees with the dogs across the border with nowhere to sleep. I had to find a hotel that would accept me and my 2-6lb chihuahuas. I was so frustrated with the service I got on the phone, they refuse to reimburse me even though I had proof!!!! I had taken a screen shot of my confirmation and the night I booked the hotel because I didn't want to use my data across the border. I've spent 3 hours on the phone with Priceline, spoke with a supervisor and even sent them my screenshots. Still no refund... I've been waiting for someone to get back to me.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Booked a 3.5 star hotel on express check out on Priceline. Leery, I looked to see what type hotels I might receive. It listed Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt place and a few other nice hotels. However I ended up in a filthy Ramada suite - disgusting for 191.00. Worse hotel I have ever stayed in. Totally sick and unsecure doors left open to outside adjoining door unlocked. What a ** show. Priceline is a scam. Beware.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I have used Priceline multiple times. Each time in the end I have all of these hidden fees. Well this time I had a flight that I needed changed due to a medical emergency. I bought the insurance for this exact reason, my parent is in very poor health. I needed to come back on Wednesday due to my parent not doing well, I called Priceline and they said no, I called Delta who said I had to call Priceline. Priceline told me to call the insurance company I purchased the insurance from so I did that!

After all of that the jerk on the phone told me that I would have to file a claim, send it in on the website and provide my parent's medical record to them as documentation and ten days later they may reimburse me if they deem it appropriate. I would have to go ahead and purchase the new tickets on my own! No sir, there are HIPAA laws that state I don’t have to do that! I explained that my parent was elderly and had recently been in the hospital but had been home for about two weeks so I wouldn’t have medical documentation from today’s date.

He told me I should have some medical documentation. I asked him if he would like to to send him a picture of the two bottles of fluid they drained off his lungs two weeks ago and he said that wouldn’t work! So, after all that and paying for the insurance I had to turn around and pay for two one way tickets in order to get home. These people DO NOT CARE about their customers! Will never use them again.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I don't give one star reviews very often but I think Priceline deserves this one. I was flying recently and due to extreme weather and delays I missed my layover. I was stranded at an airport in a city I was completely unfamiliar with and had no choice but to get a hotel room for the night. I spoke with a Priceline representative that recommended an express deal.

I booked the deal but when I arrived at the hotel the managers were hiding in a side room and when they finally came out they informed everyone (15+ angry people) that there were actually no rooms available. It took an hour to finally find a hotel that actually had a room available for the night and I had to pay for an Uber to travel across town. I finally got to bed at 2AM and I had to wake up at 5:30AM to catch my flight that was boarding at 6:45AM. I paid 126$ in the end for 3.5 hours of sleep. I was extremely upset and Priceline said that all they could do is refund my room with a small additional amount and pick up my Uber bill. I feel that I was not fairly compensated for the inconveniences.

Original review: July 6, 2019

Booked a flight through Priceline, ended up going with United Airlines flight. After I booked economy fight for my daughter, I found out this was a called a basic economy flight that does not allow you to bring a normal size carry on bag and United wants another $25 dollars charge. I call Priceline customer service, that was a joke, reading from my screen, some random guy in India. Be very careful everyone using Priceline, there are hidden charges using this site. If possible book direct with the airline, better up front costs. Kenneth.

Original review: July 4, 2019

Booked a pickup truck with a Priceline confirmation. Went to Enterprise Rent-a-car. I was told that they didn't have the vehicle that I reserved or any other pickup for that matter. I called Priceline to see if they could assist me in finding a replacement vehicle. They said there is nothing they could do but cancel my reservation leaving me up the creek without a paddle. I was shocked! How do you sell something that doesn't exist??? Isn't that against the law??? On top of that Priceline did nothing to correct their error. They didn't stand behind their product. Had to rent a truck on the spot from a nearby competitor at a cost of $500 more than Priceline committed to. I wonder how many people a day get screwed by Priceline??? I guess they have the attitude that they are so big that they will never run out of suckers--I mean customers. I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!

Original review: July 2, 2019

I use to love their express deals, but the last few express deals were downright awful and sub par... You are blind to what you are paying for and once paid, you receive a sub par hotel. The last time I did this, I got a 1 bedroom hotel and when I tried to change, Priceline was unable to call the hotel to even change the reservation in a timely manner. I had to call the hotel on three way to connect Priceline to the hotel; but by the time I did their jobs there was no rooms left. Priceline would not accommodate me in getting another room. I was a loyal customer but not anymore!!! Don’t use the express deals through Priceline!!

Original review: July 2, 2019

Deceiving with their booking! Will never book with them again. Most of our hotels booking we did with them with “put your price" deals they have. We never knew what hotel we are going to get, and it was clear and part of that service. However, few days ago we entered their website to book an hotel. We wanted a specific area so we went to their express deals where they show you by map which hotels. We chose the hotel we wanted, made the payment and as we press the finish button a different hotel was book. Apparently they don’t promise you the hotel just something similar - so first, they don’t mention it before and second, nothing was similar to the hotel we wanted (nothing!).

We were very surprise so we immediately called them. This is when they explained that this is how it is with express deals - very deceiving and misleading! Of course they didn’t refund us and when asked to speak with a manager, no one called back. We ended up booking with a different hotel for that night and for that Priceline issue, open a dispute with our credit card company. We will NEVER book with them again!

Priceline expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Priceline is a Connecticut-based company that helps travelers find discounted rates offered by a wide range of travel businesses, including hotels and airlines.

• Price negotiations: Priceline lets customers name their own prices for hotel rooms, rental cars and flights.

• Last-minute flights: Travelers can get extra discounts by booking last minute flights.

• Customer service: Priceline responds to customer service emails within 12 hours.

• Group discounts: Priceline can help groups get discounts including a free room for the group coordinator.

• Travel bundles: Bundling travel services through Priceline can give travelers extra discounts.

• Best for: International and domestic travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs