1.10/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 13, 2017

2851 Priceline Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Even though I tried to cancel a Priceline rental car reservation 7 days prior to my trip they won't even listen. Stating the fine print trick used by the company that it is set in stone. Awful business culture and customer support.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I’m a two time Iraqi war Veteran. First tour to Iraq was 15 months and the second for 12 months. The purpose of my call to Priceline customer service was to try and spend the first Veterans Day with a family member that was newly graduated from Air Force basic training. I spoke the customer service representative and informed them of my situation. I spoke with a SENIOR employee who was hard to heard who explained to me the situation. This employee however was hard to heard so I ended up asking to speak to her manager to better explain the situation.

After asking to speak with her manager this employee (Amy) informed me to hold on the phone while she went to get her manager. She however initially forgot to place my call on hold, it was at this time that I was able to make out the fact that she was either making fun of my situation or making fun of the fact that I was a Veteran to a fellow employee. The repeatedly mentioned the word “Veteran” followed by a laughter. She must have then noticed that she didn’t place me on hold because the hold music started playing prior to her coming back on the phone to informed me that she was transferring me to her manager.

I'm someone who suffers severely from PTSD and to hear someone make fun of what I have went through is extremely disappointing. All I wanted to do was spend his special FIRST Veteran day (for the both of us) together with him. I mentioned the situation to the manager Tatiana, to which she said informed me she would put in a research investigation and also send me a case number. I have not yet received this number but this manager did not sound at all apologetic about the situation that they just put a Veteran member through.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I tried booking a car from one of their teaser deals to find out they were not telling the truth. Their search engine sucks. I ended up calling Enterprise Direct and booking a car. Now when I go on to the internet from my phone or computer car rentals popping up everywhere. I will never go thru them again. Also too bad stock went down 265$ in one day today. Looks like I am not the only one upset.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

After talking to customer service for 40 minutes and repeatedly walking through the "Guaranteed amenities" filter system on the Name Your Price System they would not relent in saying they are not guaranteed... Hilariously false advertising that cost me most of my night on a business trip to make up for. Basically the WIFI amenity showed up as guaranteed for the region I chose but they matched me with a facility that didn't have WIFI, so I had to drive around finding somewhere that did in order to send time sensitive materials after working all day.

So even though it says over and over again these are guaranteed amenities (these will be present or better is verbatim the pop-up when you hover over these) the "contract" which you agree to by booking basically says nothing is guaranteed and apparently that they are allowed to make false representations to you, the customer, and you have no recourse.

I mostly just wanted to lodge a complaint about how the system screwed me over but the rep was a stone wall and stated that Priceline has no IT department to complain to. Good for the customer service rep. She doesn't have to send off a complaint, a huge inconvenience to me. There also doesn't seem to be a digital way to submit a complaint so I can't even pretend it will end up in a file someone redoing the website might someday look at. I expect name your price to match me with cheaper locations, but the star system is supposed to give you a minimum of what you are getting. I didn't used to be the kind of person to complain about this stuff but the fact that the rep's attitude was "it's not in the contract" instead of "that sucks. I'm sorry and I'll lodge a complaint with our IT" was really annoying. Now I know how baby boomers feel all the time I guess.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

So I booked a deal (so I thought) On Priceline.com. It was a express deal where they guarantee 4 star rating a hotel equal to some great hotel brands. So once you book it your email tells you where you are booked. So I was super excited and I started researching the hotel. Major fail!!! So Priceline's own customers wrote very poor recent reviews in 2017 - including bed bugs!!!, mold in rooms, damp smell in lobby, smelly carpet in the room, bug/spider bites, etc. I researched other websites such as Yelp, hotels.com, Expedia and Orbit. The website reviews from those websites also supported the same reviews. So in 2017 if you were to take current year reviews the hotel would definitely not be a 4 Star. Bed bugs??? Spider bites??? Mold? Hello! So I think Priceline is huge right? So they must have awesome support like Shutterfly or Groupon right? Wrong!

So first I go online and start with customer support chat- I was connected with Georgia who tells me nothing they can do till I'm there- "Address the issue with the hotel and if they can't help you let us know." Ok so I explain to her that I'm trying to prevent a problem etc- especially bed bugs... cost thousands to get rid of those. Getting a hotel in SF same day will be so much more costly and take time from our trip- again trying to prevent that especially when traveling with a child. Nothing she can do. So I ask her, "Can I get this request escalated?"- she ignores my request. "Hi, are you there?" She says yes she is and nothing- Ok. So I send my request again- what I get in return is the escalation phone number- info and she thanks me and disconnects. Nothing asking if there was anything else or anything. Fine. So I call the escalation support line and I reach Jill, Jill says she is researching other websites for star ratings and it's all 4 Star.

I explain to Jill I understand at one point 4-5 years ago yes maybe 4 stars but currently their customers on their (Priceline) website are currently complaining- there is a current problem. Jill reiterated what she previously stated. And nothing they can do for me exactly as Georgia previously stated. I ask for escalation supervisor- she says, "Yes I can transfer you ma'am but they are just going to tell you the same thing I did." So I am transferred and I get connected to KYM who states the EXACT same thing- I told him that I was very disappointed- I wasn't even asking for my money back but instead asking for them to credit it to a different hotel as this one was not currently in a condition to be 4 stars. They were all robots. No concern for the consumer, not concerned at all. Waste of time & money... Never again will I use Priceline.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Booked 3 nights for a conference in Wichita KS. I was traveling all the way from CA. My car was having issues and I could not make my reservation. I called over 24 hours in advance to cancel but their policy stated that I needed 48 hours to cancel? I called the hotel and they said... "Say goodbye to your money" because they do not refund. She told me I should never go through Priceline and she said if I would've booked directly they could've canceled. No problem. But with Priceline... You better cancel way in advance or they literally STEAL your money. I do not understand how this policy is legal under US law. I received no room... Could NOT get refund or talk to ANYONE who spoke English or could help me receive my money back.

They said there was no WAY to get ahold of the corporate offices in Norwalk CN. And I have yet to get through to anyone with authority because they will not allow the complaints to get through to management at all! The customer service people are even in the dark about who their bosses are and their own company policies! 160 something dollars stolen and never accounted for. They blamed this all on me. If I met the CEO now I would probably slap him due to my frustration with his illegal company policies. I still feel this company stole from me and ruined a very long and hard trip for me. In a just and perfect world I would get all my money back from these crooks. And their upper management and CEOs should all lose their jobs due to crooked policy.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I made a reservation for a hotel for $213.00 only to be charged $246.00. Priceline.com repeatedly stated that they had only charged my credit card for the lower amount. After talking to a supervisor, he stated that my only recourse was to submit proof of the charges via email for a credit. I then telephoned my bank and the bank indicated that Priceline.com did charge my card for the $246.00. The additional fee was a 15% charge for hotel incidentals and would be credited back to my credit card after the hotel stay. There was NO separate charge from the hotel; the additional 15% was charged under Priceline.com, so Priceline.com did charge my card for the higher amount.

If my bank was able to find the hotel's policy for the additional charge then at least one Priceline.com employee, particularly a supervisor should have also been able to verify the charge. An issue that should have taken 10 minutes to figure out ended up taking more than 1 hour with a second party providing the answer. I've used Priceline.com in the past but outsourcing critical customer service functions to foreign companies may have decreased Priceline.com's ability to serve customers.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Booked a hotel room through Priceline and when I arrived, there was no reservation! Also with no help to correct the problem even though I had a confirmation number. I was told it was a system mistake. Save yourself and do not book through these companies.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I made an airline reservation and received a confirmation number for both Priceline and the airline. Now all of a sudden my reservation has disappeared from My Trips in the app. I received no email and no notification that my trip was cancelled until a full day later, after I had already made other travel arrangements. Had I not checked back in on the reservation, I would not have even known that my reservation had mysteriously disappeared. I called the airline and they were able to look up my reservation but did not show any tickets.

When I called Priceline, I talked to a number of different customer service agents who first tried to tell me that my reservation did not go through. The next one tried to tell me that my card failed but when I assured her that I received confirmation that my card went through and I had a confirmation number, she changed her story and said that the inventory changed and they were not able to book the tickets. Then I was told that the airline rejected the ticket. I was told I would have to go back and book again but ticket prices have now gone up. I got both companies on the phone at the same time to hash it out and it came out that Priceline was lying and that the tickets were not rejected. I was told that I would have to call the airline back later with Priceline and talk to a specific department to request that my tickets be confirmed.

I called Priceline at the specified time but they refused to help at that point and told me that it didn't matter who I talked to at the company, nobody was going to help me and they would not be getting on a phone call with the airline. If they're going to have their customer service reps in the Philippines make up lies as they go, they should at least teach them how to be consistent with their lies. If you don't mind booking a flight only to have your reservation randomly disappear without any sort of notification and then be told that you’ll just need to book again at the higher price, then Priceline is the right company to go with.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I have searched Priceline for hotels, flights and rental cars a number of times over the last few months. I generally receive an email offering lower prices than I was able to find. When I click on the link to these prices they are not available. Higher prices, usually the same prices I originally found are displayed. I find this misleading, disappointing and unacceptable and have decided to use other sites. I tried to bring this situation to Priceline through their online chat channel, received acknowledgement then silence -- no response to my comments and questions. I am not convinced that a human being was on the other end of the chat. If you offered a negative star rating I would give Priceline the maximum negative number of stars.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Please never use Priceline... They say they will match 100% difference if you find a lower price but will not do so. I booked a hotel room through them and shortly after saw it on their own website for $21 less. Immediately e-mailed with no response. Then phoned in the evening but was refused any reimbursement even though I could still find the same room for same dates at a lower price. Total crooks. They tried to say it was American dollars even though I made sure at the time I was on the phone with them that it was Canadian pricing.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I booked these great tickets online which were definitely cheaper than through the airline, I found the reason they can offer them so much lower is because they buy them in bulk so they pass on the savings to us. Well it’s obviously a sham how can the same website offer the tickets and then not fulfill the ticket request? They don't charge you but now they have your credit card info. I thought this company was supposed to be good? Later on the ticket was offered again at a higher price. I didn't buy them. Two minutes later the price dropped back to what it was. So I tried again. I've done this four times now and I’m really irritated. They keep canceling saying ticket request was not fulfilled due to airline system failure.

Customer service just tells me what the computerized email tells me. That due to airline system error the tickets were not fulfilled. They also pass me off to call the airline directly, which apparently the airline did not appreciate. No one can answer your questions, take your complaint or offer any solution. Have they access to these tickets or not? Do they even have an agreement with them? Why is this website allowed to lead people on like that. Why do they exist and how are they in business. Has this site ever worked for anybody? It's a huge outrage!!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Wow, I can't even rate this a 0 star. We didn't even stay with our reservation when we booked with Priceline. I decided to use their express deal based on the rating of 3 stars or more. I was purposely trying to avoid this hotel based on recent reviews. What did Priceline give me, this hotel. Mind you its a non-refundable, non-transferable hotel. Basically a we will give you this deal but even if you die, you're out this money. If you look at the previous activity at this hotel you will see why we didn't even attempt to come here. Pubic hair in the sheets and bathroom. Stained carpets, outdated furniture. Prostitution in the parking lot, doors that don't lock or broken. Heavily used cleaning chemicals. Even a guest died there recently. The list goes on.

I tried to get Priceline to help with this, the hotel refused to refund us the money. So basically both Priceline and this hotels care nothing for guest safety, for health and overall safe being. I have already contacted the Wyndham Hotel Company on this situation. If they wouldn't issue a refund, I should be at least given a credit to stay somewhere else. This will not be the end, I will get my money back one way or another. I will also be calling the health department to have them take a visit here. Both Priceline and Ramada refuse to refund me any money. Avoid this hotel at all costs.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Booked a flight and wanted to move it up a few hours. I was even willing to pay whatever fee applied. I was told you can't change ticket times under any circumstances. I will never use Priceline again and also will make sure my entire company doesn't as well.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Representatives do not speak English fluently, Transferred 6 different times and disconnected once. My trip is 15 days away and would not help me resolve my issue. Package deals are not transparent enough to inform the consumer on cancellation or itinerary change policies. I am beyond angry and frustrated, as well as very disappointed with the situation. Will not be using Priceline again.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Up by 8 dollars. There's no explanation in the taxes and fees (summary), just the total taxes and fees. My original bid was 22 dollars a day, the total price would have been 65. I accepted to increase the price by 4 dollars a day, you'd think the total price would be 73. Where do they get this 88 dollar crap?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I recently made a reservation through Priceline for a Milwaukee hotel. The published rate was $52. I booked it but never received a confirmation with the price details. I charged it to PayPal. I just looked at my statement and they charged me $198 for a room that I thought was going to be $156. Not only was the rate different, but the tax and fees added up to nearly $40 more. I called them and they claim they sent a confirmation, but I have search all emails and trash. They did not. SCAM!!!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I booked a hotel for 4 nights. When I got to the hotel they stated they had cancelled my reservation with Priceline and told them to rebook me, which clearly didn't happen. They had extra room so was able to reinstate my reservation but they only had 2 nights on file, when I had booked 4. I spent one hour on the phone with Priceline and was rebooked into a nearby hotel however they could not provide me a confirmation number because an "affiliate" company had booked the reservation. When I got to the second hotel, they had no record of payment so I could not check in. Now I got to spend another thirty minutes waiting on Priceline. They eventually resolved the problem but wasted so much of my time and caused A LOT of stress. I will never use again.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Made airline reservations with Priceline for my daughter and grandson to fly from Dallas to San Diego. Priceline website took my credit card info, showed the flight number and info, had me select seats, and gave me a confirmation number. When I still hadn't received a follow-up email from them a few days later, I tried calling "customer service". Entirely automated and no option to speak to a human. I then went on-line to the chat room, and was told they did not make the reservation, even though at the time of the believed reservation I printed out everything that looked like a confirmed reservation, and they gave me a confirmation ID number.

On the chat, interchange I was told, "Sorry, we didn't make the reservations," and tried to blame it on American Airlines. I also determined they had no intention of letting me know that they didn't make the reservations their website appeared to have made. The chat rep was decidedly uninterested in the time I had wasted and the delay they caused in my being able to get reservations over Thanksgiving. "Sorry" was the extent of the apology. Priceline just blew me off and was unconcerned about it. Priceline is worthless!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

We booked a hotel 2 weeks in advance. Only criteria - pool. We promised our kids a night out with lots of time playing at the pool. We arrived at the hotel (3 star) and the manager informed us the pool has been out of service for a while, so no swimming. Major disappointment considering that's why we were there. Manager said to simply call Priceline and cancel stay. After an hour chatting with Priceline, I was able to have the night cancelled with no fees, but then what? I asked the Priceline agent if he would find us another place for the night (with a pool). Sorry, no luck there!! He told me to do it myself online. I informed him that prices had jumped quite a bit since we booked but he simply said he couldn't help.

So even after 2 hours originally researching and booking our night out, travelling to the hotel and spending an hour trying to resolve our problem, which honestly didn't solve our problem (simply cancelled the reservation), we were stuck with nowhere to stay. Thanks Priceline!! We ended up booking a lower star hotel (Comfort Inn) that cost more with fewer amenities, and when I called to ask them for options to resolve our problem, they simply responded that there was nothing to resolve since we did stay at the second hotel. Not once would did they accept that the only reason we stayed at the second hotel was because their website listed the first hotel as having a pool. I never would have booked the Comfort Inn in the first place. Note - they did say I was a valued customer. :-)

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

There is a stove and fridge with no utensils, plates or anything? No batteries in remote. Room smells like pot! Would NEVER stay at Extended America again. I would like at least half my money back. 1/2 of $88.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

We were quoted a price of 99.99 on the internet when I booked. When we checked in the clerk behind the desk said 84.99. I called Priceline to see why the difference and Megan said it was their price markup. Really??? I could have gotten a better deal had I called the hotel directly. So, save yourself some time and do not book with Priceline EVER!!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I have been waiting for two days to hear back from Priceline regarding an issue I had with them over this past weekend. The hotel that I had originally booked informed us that the hotel will be closed on the DAY we were checking in. This was a family vacation and we drove over 7 hours to the location. After talking with Cindy at the relocation center for almost 2 hours. She was able to find us new rooms, but they were not as big as the rooms as we had originally booked. She told me that these were the biggest rooms this hotel had to offer (which I called and found out was NOT true), and then she made the second reservation we had incorrectly and told me that we had to pay at the time of check in that we will be reimbursed if I contact them with the receipt which I did on Monday, Oct. 9, 2017. After that I found out that we had additional fees that should have been part of our reservations for the hotel.

I called Priceline again and spoke with a supervisor named Jeff and he assured me that they will reimburse us for the fee costs, and the upcharge for the bigger room as long as email them with the receipts. It has been two days and I have not heard anything from them. I am very dissatisfied with their service and this is causing a huge problem. Their lack of communication is alarming. If something happens with your booking, be aware that it might take a while for them to resolve the issue and even getting reimbursed for something that they made the mistake in is taking this long to resolve.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

My family and I decided to take a weekend trip to San Diego for my husband and I's anniversary. Hotels that weekend were insanely expensive, so I decided to book a room using Priceline to save a few bucks. I normally go directly through hotels and not third party websites and after our experience I can see that was a good idea. We are a family of 4 and I booked a room with two beds for $190. When we arrived at the hotel, we were given a room with one king bed, which took up the entire room and did not leave room for an air mattress if we decided to go out and purchase one. We were told by the desk clerk that hotel did not offer cots and they were sold out of all their rooms.

I called Priceline to try and transfer our reservation or get a refund and were told that there are so many stipulations in their fine print that people never receive refunds. Apparently one of the many fine print stipulations is that requested bed numbers are not guaranteed. We ended up having to move to a new hotel to accommodate our family and the night ended up costing us over $500!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I just found out that Priceline changed our itinerary so we leave tomorrow for our Caribbean trip rather than in 3 days (like we originally booked 6 months ago). That doesn't work for us, so after months of planning we are out our trip and no one seems to care at Priceline because apparently they can change flights within 7 days before or after.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I had to cancel a booking 5 days in advance of a reservation that I had made through Priceline. Not only had I never received a confirmation email, but when I went to cancel, they told me that it was non-refundable, despite the fact that it did not say that when I reserved online. I spoke with three separate agents who gave me the most generic responses and refused to listen to me. It was the worst experience I've ever had booking a hotel and I am an avid traveler. I advise to NEVER book from Priceline.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I booked an express deal with a "total cost" of $197.98. According to the booking page, this "total cost" includes the "room price", the "hotel fee", and "taxes and fees". The page also said that the "hotel fee" ($40) would be charged directly by the hotel at checkout. Instead of $40 at checkout, I was charged $45.60 at check-in, which brings the actual total cost to $203.58. I contacted Priceline and was told that the additional $5.60 would be taxes on the "hotel fee" and that they are not able to issue a refund. At no point during the booking process was I informed that "taxes and fees" does not include taxes on the "hotel fee".

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I searched for and booked a hotel in the Bronx, NY and was presented with a hotel with no address or location. I realized after completing the booking that this hotel was in NJ. I immediately requested a cancellation within 2 minutes. I requested a refund, Priceline told me to deal with hotel. I called hotel, hotel said to deal with Priceline. Their customer service was a complete joke. If you want your peace of mind, use other agencies which are more honest, Priceline is a rip-off. You have been warned.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

My husband and I had made a reservation months in advance for a trip to VA. We reserved a hotel through them and it was paid in full. A few weeks later (still well in advance of our scheduled trip) we had to make a change to our reservation by 1 day. So I called the hotel who told me that I had to call Priceline who made the reservation through (which is fine). So I call up Priceline who then tell me that it is impossible and against their policy to change a reservation. Or if we decided to cancel, we would NOT get ANY of our money back as it was again told to me that it was against their policy to do so regardless of how far out in advance it was.

I then call the hotel back who tell me that they've never heard of anything like that, and that all Priceline needed to do was call the hotel to verify the cancellation and we would get our money back no problem. So finally I relay all of this information back to Priceline people who suddenly say that they can go through with the cancellation. Bunch of garbage. NEVER going through Priceline ever again. Bunch of liar rip-offs who have no regard for customer service.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Sometime in middle of September, I booked an airplane ticket to Lisbon, Portugal. I kept checking my email and I received no emails -- no confirmation or ticket information or anything. After a couple of days, I figured the transaction was not successful (and because I was worried about fares going up, I wanted to book my fare as quickly as possible). I called the airline directly to make sure that I was not in their system as being booked for a flight. I DID THIS to make sure beforehand. They confirmed that I was not in their system and so I proceeded to book a flight with them directly at a higher price and not as optimal itinerary as I had the first time. I just opened up my credit card statement and there is a charge from Priceline for the original ticket.

So, now I am double-booked on the same flight. I called Priceline and have opened up a case but the agent is telling me that there was probably a delay between Priceline and the airline which is why I was told by the airline that I was not in the system (mind you, this was days after and so what constitutes a delay this long?). In any case, I see this is Priceline's fault as I still do not have any email from them. I did confirm my email address with the Priceline customer service agent and it is correct. I even checked my spam folders the first time and while I was on the phone with her to double-check. Still nothing.

So with no notification of any sort and just a charge to my credit card more recently, now I am double-booked for the same flight. I just spent two hours trying to sort this out. They are telling me that I cannot get a refund until they get a refund from the airline. Guess what? The lack of email notification to me and the delay between them and the airline is NOT my fault. This is on them and my refund should not be contingent upon Priceline getting a refund from the airline. The airline agent even confirmed with the airline that I am currently double-booked for the same flight. I also just spent two hours of my working day on hold and trying to solve this issue. NEVER ever book a ticket with Priceline!

Priceline expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Priceline is a Connecticut-based company that helps travelers find discounted rates offered by a wide range of travel businesses, including hotels and airlines.

• Price negotiations: Priceline lets customers name their own prices for hotel rooms, rental cars and flights.

• Last-minute flights: Travelers can get extra discounts by booking last minute flights.

• Customer service: Priceline responds to customer service emails within 12 hours.

• Group discounts: Priceline can help groups get discounts including a free room for the group coordinator.

• Travel bundles: Bundling travel services through Priceline can give travelers extra discounts.

• Best for: International and domestic travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs