2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

3.4/5 (3787 ratings)

About Priceline

Priceline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

I had a last minute business trip from San Diego to Sacramento. I found great prices through Priceline and booked both. The rental stated unlimited miles. When I arrived to Payless rental car to pick up my prepaid car I was told they needed a credit card for the mileage charges and that the unlimited mileage priceline offered was not correct. I left without the car and booked another again through priceline and had the same problem. I called priceline for help but did not get a return call until 3 houses later. By that time I was no longer able to make it to my business meeting or hotel on time. I reached out through BBB and priceline still refuses to take responsibility first their predatory practice of offering the "lowest" price then allowing their partners to change the rules of the prepaid deal. I will NEVER again use priceline.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Had an issue with a car rental that we reserved via a vacation package on Priceline. We ended up not getting the rental. The customer service rep I spoke to via Priceline was amazing and very understanding. She handled the situation quickly and everything got resolved. My only complaint is there wasn’t a way for me to leave a review so that she could be recognized by her employers!

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 4, 2021

I tried the multitude of travel places looking for the best rates on a hotel for my wife and son and I for our upcoming trip to Sc. in June. Priceline by far had the best rates, the most knowledgeable associates and answered every question I had about what there is to do there as well as if Parris Island was allowing visitors to tour the Marine Recruiting Base, (graduated Marine Boot Camp in Nov. 83). I give them an eleven stars out of 10 for helping me.

Original review: April 23, 2021

We rented a car through Priceline on a recent vacation to Florida. The car rental shuttle never picked us up at the end of the night and we had to sleep in the airport. The car rental place (Fox Rent A Car) double charged us for rental we never received on time. They refused to work it out with us, but Priceline got involved and arranged for us to get back double the amount the rental car owed us in a very quick amount of time. We will definitely use Priceline again but NOT Fox Rent a Car!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I have found Priceline to be a good company. They have handled my change in time for travel very well. The first time I needed a change, they did it well. With the continuing virus problem, I needed an extension for my travel plans. My one call for this extension was taken care of very smoothly/well. I would give them a great rating for handling my two extensions for travel. I could not have asked for a smoother experience. Thanks Priceline for your help two times.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

I made my reservation two weeks ago. My husband was diagnosed with COVID-19 on 09/19. I contacted Priceline at 09/19 with proof. My family of 6 is under a state mandated quarantine until 10/11. My hotel stay was 09/22-09/24. I contacted priceline on 9/19. They stated they could not get a hold of the hotel until 09/23 pertaining to a refund. I contacted them daily to make sure I wasn't forgotten. Because they decided to drag their feet I am out 265 dollars for a hotel that I didn't and couldn't use. ]

This money is rightfully mine and I know that I could sue them for this. If I didn't send them proof, it would be understandable. I sent them proof of his results and of our quarantine order per the county I live in. I will never deal with this company ever again and I suggest that no one else does as well. They are thieves and crooks. They could care less about the health and safety of others. I was told to still use our reservation. But I am not a piece of crap who wants to pass around this crappy and deathly illness. Do not use Priceline.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

This company preys on unsuspecting customers with hidden a predatory policies. Their corporate policies are despicable and their practices should be illegal. Customers are not better off with this company existing in the market. They should be shut down

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

We have booked flights to international travel which includes for 4 flights. American airline has cancelled flight from Seattle to international destination. We got to know from American after calling them. No information came from Priceline. Priceline Itinerary continues to show cancelled flight. American mentioned that Priceline has to reroute. We called so far 15 time to Priceline and has not gone beyond automatic message. It says connecting to Agent and message of contact before seven days of travel and call gets hung up. If that happens would make tickets double. Original ticket is more than $1000. If Priceline is not able support customer service why they should be booking tickets and take money?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

Horrible customer service. Be prepared, they will not honor their cancellation policy due to COVID. We called to cancel our booking with plenty of time (via their cancellation policy). The customer service representative said they will need to call the hotel to make sure they can refund us. They said we will receive a call back once everything is confirmed. Doesn’t matter what the conversation is with the hotel and Priceline, Priceline’s cancellation policy notes a refund will be issued as long as it’s done within the given time. After waiting 4 days and letting the given cancellation time lapse, we receive an email stating they can’t offer a refund or even a credit. Called and talked to a rep for a half an hour. Same story. They literally said “I know what you're currently seeing on your screen but we cannot honor that at this time”. Beware, there’s a good chance you will not be refunded…

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

HORRIBLE. Booked with this hotel Aug. 12-14 through Priceline. We got there late due traveling from Montana to the Seattle area (around 1am). They told us they overbooked and did not have a room for us. They said we could come back in the morning when the manager was on duty or call Priceline for a refund. We called Priceline and they said no problem for the refund but they needed to speak to the hotel to confirm. After around a MONTH of back and forth, the hotel would NEVER answer the phone and it would just keep ringing and ringing. Priceline finally got ahold of them over a month later for them to LIE and say we no-showed. Now they will not give us a refund. Horrible business practices. Completely lying to Priceline. Priceline will not back us up. I told them to check the hotel cameras. We were there and tried to check-in, not a no show. We are out over $300 over this issue. Moving on to dispute this with our credit card company. Ugh.

Priceline author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Priceline is a Connecticut-based company that helps travelers find discounted rates offered by a wide range of travel businesses, including hotels and airlines.

• Price negotiations: Priceline lets customers name their own prices for hotel rooms, rental cars and flights.

• Last-minute flights: Travelers can get extra discounts by booking last minute flights.

• Customer service: Priceline responds to customer service emails within 12 hours.

• Group discounts: Priceline can help groups get discounts including a free room for the group coordinator.

• Travel bundles: Bundling travel services through Priceline can give travelers extra discounts.

Priceline Company Information