1.09/5
Are you this business? Claim your page

Looking for a travel site?

3512 Priceline Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 21, 2019

I purchased an airline ticket, which clearly stated for that date, time and airline that the ticket was refundable if I cancelled 24 hours before the day of the flight. I ended up cancelling 24 hours in advance and was still charged by the airline. Priceline told me that that particular airline is the only one you cannot cancel with. There was nothing stating that which I purchased the ticket. I travel a lot and I know how to read fine print. Fool me once, lesson learned.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I booked a 3 nights stay with them a month in advanced for myself, my husband, our 2 kiddos and our newborn. I had selected the amount of guests and the ages of the kids. The newborn would be sleeping in her bassinet while us 4 split the beds. Today, I got an email verifying my itinerary. I clicked on it and it said booked for 2 adults, and any additional guests would be extra. I thought, well this was just a simple mix up. I call Priceline and the girl said she would call the hotel to see if the kids being added was ok. If it was then problem solved. She came back to the line saying the hotel said no way. I called them myself and spoke to a lady who said that is not what she said. She said they had no problem with us having the kiddos at no additional charge. All they needed was for Priceline to add the kids to the booking.

They couldn’t do it because Priceline is locked to them and they need us on there for insurance reasons. So I called Priceline back and spent the next 3 hours talking to another Rep, the escalation department and a supervisor who all told me that there was nothing they could do! They called the hotel and got the same thumbs up but they said there was nothing they could do! I’m just trying to go visit my family that I haven’t seen in 6 years! So then I told them the hotel was no longer listed so I couldn’t do the booking over again even if I wanted to. The Supervisor said she could see it on her end. Must be a computer vs mobile difference. So I politely asked her if she could please cancel my current reservation and book it again with the right amount of people since I couldn’t on my end.

She said she couldn’t do that either! They couldn’t help me at all! They said they could send a fax to the hotel and hope they accept it. I told the Supervisor if they do that and we get there in 3 days and they don't accept it then we couldn’t get a refund then, correct? She said that was correct. I wasn’t going to change that. So I canceled my booking and called the hotel back. The wonderful manager gave me my room at a better rate after everything Priceline put me and him through! I’ll never use Priceline again!

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2019

This the worst travel agent company. It so bad that when I call them and they say that "Let me connect to the AMAZING customer reps," I feel like THROWING UP. They hold you ransom to your ticket and have to shell more money in order to address that. Learnt it a horrible way. STAY AWAY.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Please please please never book with Priceline. I am not a person who enjoys giving bad reviews. I usually let things go even if I suffer a little bit. But, Priceline has broken through all my tolerance limits. Their customer service is terrible. I had to make a change in my airline booking. I called them and explained everything, they made an excuse that call your airline directly. I did that, airline told me that they for sure are making excuses, the booking is through them, they need to change it. I called again, more new excuses and it went on like that. I wasted my complete one day just to explain them the situation time and again and to reschedule the booking.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I highly unrecommend Priceline and Request people to stay away from it. Have never seen such horrible service and no value to the customers. I have booked hotels 3 times using Priceline and all 3 ended up with Bad experience. The first one was at Miami Airport and when we reached around 2 am to check in, only 1 room was booked with Hotel instead of 2. Priceline did charge me for 2 rooms at the time of booking. Had to call Customer care and took almost an hour to sort things out at that time. Ref No - Priceline Trip Number: **. With family of 2 kids, had to wait for room that much time early in the morning. Second one was at Ashburn, VA (Priceline Trip Number: **). Due to some hurricane forecast, I could not travel and when requested with Priceline, they did not allow to cancel or refund money.

Third one - Priceline Trip Number: ** at GlenRose, TX on 03/15/2019. This is the most horrible experience. At the time of check-in, was provided a Smoking Room for family with kids. The room had really bad smoking smell and was not in a condition, I could stay with kids. The hotel was fully booked and Hotel Lobby told, they don't have any other room. I called Priceline Customer care 2 times from lobby. Each time the wait to connect with someone was around 20 mins and the first lady after talking to myself and Hotel Lobby, simply disconnected the call asking to call again. Second time, after waiting for such a long, did not even get connected. As I did not had any other choice and didn't want to wait there with my family, decided to cancel the trip. Called Priceline again requesting to refund the money.

Same story - 2 more calls, first call again got disconnected after 20 mins wait on the phone. Fourth time, the person told, money can't be given back. They have made to pay for a room which is not in a condition to stay. Don't understand what policies they have. I will never use Priceline in my life ever and request all of you not to use, if you don't want to spoil your vacation trips or want to make it hassle-free.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?

Original review: March 16, 2019

Your company is extremely rude and unprofessional. After booking my flight and car through you, my flight home was canceled. When I called to see what my options were the staff was rude and unhelpful. After finally refunding me for my flight I was transferred to the rental car department to see what my options were with extending the use of the car I had so I could drive home. The representative told me she didn’t know how she could help me so I was transferred to a “manager” named Maria or Marie. The “manager” fought with me on the phone and then said she would transfer me to enterprise but instead hung up. I will never again be using your services if this is the way you treat your customers.

Original review: March 13, 2019

This one-star review seems to be a worse case than any I have read here. Priceline charged me $443 March 1 for a 2-day stay at Doubletree in NYC. I received multiple emails from Priceline with confirmation numbers. Today, March 13 at the airport, I called the hotel to find that they have no records whatsoever of me or my reservation. They are now fully booked. Priceline is not reachable by phone by me or the hotel manager. It is unwise to fly into New York with no hotel, so I had no choice but to CANCEL the flight. Pursuing a refund. Horrendously bad experience. Priceline has lost a customer for life. Never again.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Back in July of 18 I made reservations at a Denver hotel through Priceline. Upon arrival I realized I booked at a location 45min away from our intended reason for traveling. I contacted the Denver hotel and asked to cancel my reservation, as I planned to make another at a hotel closer to our destination. The hotel explained their policy which is that I will have to pay the first night of our initial stay as I cancelled late. Which I understood and was fine with. They cancelled my reservation, I contacted Priceline to reserve another hotel and Inform them of the late cancellation. They acknowledged everything and stated I’d get my refund within 10 business days. They made my new reservation at that time as well.

Fast forward between then and Now, I had family medical issues then I had a death in the family, started a new job and completely forgot to check on my refund. Until I made another reservation thru them again. My daughter plays club ball and her coach sent us the incorrect dates for the reservation I have coming up this weekend. I contacted Priceline to change the dates of checking in/out. Which they denied me because I was told the hotel I selected didn’t allow cancellations or modifications. So I was forced to keep the current reservation which inconveniences our departure and arrival. I didn’t want to lessen the stay, just change the dates. The price wouldn’t change. They didn’t allow that. Cool, I then asked the same representative about my June 2018 stay and never receiving a refund. She stated she had record that I had checked in and asked about continental breakfast.

I told her that her info is incorrect and that I canceled thru the hotel and check in at another hotel the same dates as the cancelled location. She became very rude and unprofessional. She at this point put her opinion in front of her actual job. She went on to tell me I was lying and that I waited several months later to inquire about a refund I won’t get due to her record showing I stayed at that hotel. I explained that I didn’t and became very ugly with her in Return. I asked to speak with her supervisory and said “No!” And that he’s just going to tell me The same thing she did. After a few minutes of continuously requesting to speak with her supervisory, she hung up in my face. At this point I’m livid!!!

I contact the Denver hotel I originally booked and spoke with the Manager who confirmed the cancellation call I made, whom I spoke with and that I DID NOT check into their hotel. I asked her if she’s speak with Priceline she stated yes. I called Priceline back spoke with a Phillip who had an attitude as well but still did his job. He called and spoke with the same manager of the hotel who confirmed my story to him. The manager of the Denver hotel said she’d like to refund me. I was then issued a FULL REFUND instead of the partial I was originally supposed to receive. I have no idea why there was a problem on their end but the actions of the customer service rep were unacceptable.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I booked a room through Priceline for a 3 star express deal. It stated their 3 star collections include independent hotels and well-known brands like Courtyard Marriott, Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn Hyatt Place and Residence Inn Marriott. When I arrived I realized immediately this was not equivalent to any of the above listed hotels. When I checked into the room, the carpet was dirty, stained and disgusting, the lamp shade was deteriorated and falling apart, the thermostat on the wall was pulling away from the wall and at a tilt of @ 30 degrees, the door was extremely hard to open after you lock it from the inside, there was paint patches all over the room, the rooms were exterior rooms and there was no elevator that we could find for our building so we had to carry luggage up to the second floor, parking was sparse and we had to park and walk with luggage quite a ways.

There was not a luggage cart that we found and even if there was it would have been in the lobby which was way away from our building. This is NOT a three star hotel. We were charged $192.58 for 2 nights. I received a paid in full email however when I arrived at the hotel I was charged another $89.56 by the hotel and then the hotel tried to charge another $50 later that evening however that one did not go through. I ended up paying over $280 for the 2 nights for this room. I could have stayed in a room better than this one for $65 per night total and have many times but it is only a 2 star. I thought I would treat myself however I got a rude awakening.

When I contacted Priceline and tried to get an email address for complaints. I was informed they did not have one but if I wanted to tell them what my issue was they would pass it on to their management. If management needed additional information they would contact me within 2 days. I know nothing will be done by Priceline for this so I will use it as a lesson learnt but I will ensure everyone I know is aware of it. I travel between 250 and 300 days a year, none of which will ever be through Priceline again. I have taken pictures for my records of all the issues with the room.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I am an accomplished climber and travel frequently. Back on July 25, 2018, I had a scheduled round trip flight from Syracuse, NY (SYR) to Moscow (SVO). The flight involved (2) legs, SYR to JFK, then JFK to SVO and return. I booked this ticket through Priceline in early May 2018 for a total of $1244.81. JetBlue ended up cancelling the first leg of my trip (SYR to JFK) that took place on July 25th. Upon returning from my trip in early Aug, I contacted JetBlue about my cancelled leg and received correspondence that JetBlue had provided Priceline w/ a Fee Waiver of $75, that Priceline was then supposed to refund to me. I contacted Priceline and began what ended up being a 7 month fiasco trying to obtain this $75 refund... They went round and round w/ me and would always tell me they would follow up, only to have more time pass w/ absolutely no follow-up communication from them, forcing me and once again contact them and start all over.

At the time of this writing, Priceline admitted that they had received the Fee Waiver and insisted that they had already processed it and issued it to me. We conferenced in a rep from my credit card company who confirmed that no such refund had made it into my acct. At the end of the most recent call, they even had my credit card rep shaking their head in astonishment at their incompetence and he completely understood my frustrations. Simply put, it should not be that hard to refund $75 to one's credit card!!! I shudder to think what would have happened had the roles been reversed and it was me who owed them money. All told, I spent a total of over 6 hours on the phone on 4 different occasions from Aug 2018 - Mar 2019, only to get nowhere.

Their (Priceline) customer service representatives have little command of the English language and even less common sense and logic. I many times felt I would get further by talking to a rock. I did my best to resolve this issue w/ them directly but eventually had to put this amount in dispute w/ my credit card company. Bottom line is their customer service is horrible and I would strongly encourage anyone who reads this to stay far, far away from them. In 40 years of travel, never a more frustrating travel experience and I have never, ever dealt w/ more incompetent, mismanaged company!!! I use Google Flights now for all my travel and get the best rates without any headaches or hassles and without a needless middleman... No doubt, their incompetence and the evolving marketplace will put them out of business soon enough. Hurry the process and save other travelers the unneeded frustrations I experienced and just say no to PRICELINE!

Original review: March 11, 2019

I tried booking flights through Priceline. After entering all the requested information including credit card information, I received a message telling me that my reservation, supposedly confirmed, had not gone through. I then received an email telling me that the reservation had been processed, contradicting what had been displayed via the website. I tried to check using both the chat and phone features. Both were very slow. Looking at the email confirmation I saw that the reserved seats had been deleted as had my trip insurance and my car reservation. It was not possible to correct those via the website and the chat agent couldn't help.

When I finally reached a person via phone, I was eventually able to cancel the reservation. The website basically fouled up almost every detail connected to the reservation. In addition, Priceline has no online feedback system. I will never use this service again. It ended up taking over an hour to make a simple reservation (finally using the airline's site directly). An absolute disaster of a process. Never again.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I recently booked a 3 star hotel through Priceline in Dillon SC. When arriving at the hotel, it was trash! Drug dealers, prostitutes, blood stains and pubic hair on the sheets and towels, broken furniture, and mouse traps on the floor. It would be lucky to get a 1 star in my opinion. When I called to complain to Priceline, I was given the number to Booking.com. Priceline didn't book the hotel directly. So I called Booking.com and was given the runaround. I was told that since the transaction originated from Priceline, they didn't have all the information on their screen and advised me that the hotel booking was non-refundable.

After speaking to a supervisor, and sending him pictures of the disgusting room and the 3 star fraud, they told me all they could do is ask that the hotel manager provide me a credit. I didn't even stay there that night. It was so bad. I ended up sleeping in a rest area because it was too late to try to get another room somewhere. I lost nearly $70 on the transaction. I finally did speak to Priceline but they refused to get involved.

Original review: March 10, 2019

Professional business traveler. After 65 countries and 6 continents I need to deal with these 2 ** organizations. I change my travel often to react to different business conditions. Trying to seek low travel costs for my customers and corporation is what I do. Both have no cancellation no refund policies. New idea is to vote with my wallet! Neither of these companies will see another purchase from my Fortune 500 company, family or friends until this policy is changed.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Priceline cost me over $500.00 due to failure to issue tickets. We used Priceline to book travel in July 2018 to Japan to spend Christmas with our son. When we arrived at our departure airport, we were informed by the airline that Priceline had never 'released' our tickets. We immediately contacted Priceline but they failed to issue our tickets before our flight completed boarding. We had to purchase additional tickets from another airline at the last minute (and at significant expense) in order to get to our connecting flight.

When we spoke with Priceline we were initially told that we would be reimbursed for the additional tickets, then we were told that we would only be reimbursed for the price of the originally booked flights and in truth we have never been reimbursed for either. We have contacted Priceline more than 11 times; each time being assured that the issue was being corrected and that we would hear back from one of their customer care agents. We have never received a call or any other form of communication. The amount of stress caused by Priceline’s failure to issue the original ticket cannot be easily quantified and on several communications, they blamed us for the problem. The Priceline trip number was **.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I just spent over an hour on the Priceline online chat as well as speaking to a Customer Relations Specialist (overseas call center). The issue is their policy on EXPRESS BOOKING deals... of no refund, no changes and what is NOT said prior to completing a booking. The advertised deal was for $70/night at a 3-star hotel in Arlington, VA. There was the usual taxes and fees added to the booking. And..."Important Information" fine print that indicated I would be responsible for all incidental charges, parking, etc...

AFTER the booking was completed, I received my reservation details. Up to now all is going as expected. THEN I looked at the hotels website and noted that there is a self-parking fee of $20 per day. There was no mention that this outrageous fee would be charged prior to the booking and no mention of it on the reservation sheet. Ok..."legally" they have covered their **... But, as a Social Security aged pensioner, I could barely afford the amount charged by Priceline... Now I am obligated for another $20 per day for parking.

When speaking with the Priceline (overseas) call center rep I requested that the booking be changed to another hotel that did not charge an extra parking fee and why. My pleading fell on deaf ears. So... if you are considering booking a hotel ANYWHERE NEAR WASHINGTON, DC be aware that you will probably be up for an additional fee to park your own car in their premises.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Can I give a zero star? Book your stay and and hope for everything goes well! If you have any problem and try to call Priceline it will be guaranteed your nightmare. No representatives will care about your experience.

Original review: March 7, 2019

This travel agent is very very irresponsible. We bought tickets months in advance. They just changed our schedule without any notification. Until we check the site again couple days before the flight. The process to reschedule is very slow and painful. It still be good if that is the only thing. When we got to the airports, we couldn’t fly due to no transit visa. Priceline never mentioned or warned us about this transit visa. People at the airport asked us to call Priceline again. We did that but no helps. Just got stuck at Priceline’s waiting customer service for 45 mins. We hung up and were late for any changes. We called again couple days later and asked for refund. They completely ignored us and said the flights is over. Now they dont have any responsibilities on this. Please learn from our mistakes and dont put yourself in this situation.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I spent over 3 hours of my day today on the phone with Priceline trying to simply change the time of an existing flight. The majority of my time being spent on hold...30 mins at one point! They agreed to change my flight for a ridiculously expensive fee of which I was forced to agree to only to then tell me that the flight couldn’t be changed at all! This is obviously absurd! For the amount of time they took from my day I should charge them!!! Never again will I use Priceline for anything! I strongly recommend no one does!!!

Original review: March 4, 2019

Priceline can be deceptive and misleading. I wanted to stay in a specific area in Orlando, so I looked at all of the 3 1/2 star hotels in that area and decided I would be happy with any of those. So I submitted a bid on 3 1/2 star hotels in that area. Priceline accepted the bid; however, they gave me a 4 star hotel that was less desirable (6.7 customer rating) than any of the 3 1/2 star hotels (all 8 customer ratings or above).

To add insult to injury, my bid was $95 and I could have gotten the same hotel for $67 with my Priceline loyal customer rate. I spoke with 3 people at Priceline before sending an email to the Mark Koehler, the Senior Vice President of Hotels at Priceline. They all refused to work with me. I noticed after refusing to help me, they ALL told me when I escalated that their superior would tell me exactly what they were telling me... and they did. They wouldn't even honor the price match for the $67 rate. They said it doesn't apply to loyal customer rates. In fairness to Priceline, this was all in small print that I should have read thoroughly. My email to Mr. Koehler was handled with a generic response (not from Mr. Koehler) telling me they wouldn't help me. I ended up not staying at that hotel (it was not desirable, cutting my trip short and losing my money). Next time, I'll read the small print. All of it.

Original review: March 3, 2019

I booked a hotel in September for a trip I would be taking in March, paying extra so I could adjust the dates if necessary. To make a long story short, I need to adjust the dates, make it one day shorter, and I can't. Only no one will go straight out and say I can't, instead I have spent the past 2 hours going round and round, unable to make adjustments on my reservation and unable to cancel it. I will NEVER use Priceline again, and will urge everyone I know to never use it as well.

Original review: March 3, 2019

I booked a hotel for 6 nights and was very happy with the price etc also knowing it was NON REFUNDABLE, as I checked my credit card as soon as the booking was confirmed I saw the price had increased from $550.00 to $772.00. I immediately went back to the Priceline site and checked it again only to suddenly think that just maybe they had charged me in US dollars and not AUS dollars, that is exactly what had happened. So I then got on a Priceline chat and explained the problem as I would never have booked it at that price. The person said I would have to call Agoda to deal with the problem, something to do with their booking partner, I did not really understand and the chat ended rather quickly.

Eventually got through to Agoda but cutting a long story short she said I needed to change the settings on my computer to AUS dollars, said she would call the hotel to see if they would allow the cancellation meanwhile putting me on hold for another half hour, only to be suddenly disconnected! I received an email shortly afterwards saying the hotel would not accept the cancellation. Very poor form in my opinion as how many other people must this happen to. I WOULD NEVER USE PRICELINE AGAIN. BE AWARE.

Original review: March 2, 2019

PRICELINE Dispute for $679.98 June 21st , 2018. RE: Priceline.com Reservation #**. Please do not use Priceline – they are ANTI-Disabled Veteran and fraudsters. Why? Our Initial United Airlines Flight # UA5822 ABQ-LAX, departing at 1:00 pm was delayed over 2.5 hours. Which means, we would miss our connecting flight in Los Angeles which was scheduled to arrive in Monterey at 4:35 pm. The only alternative was to arrive in Monterey, CA at 12:00 midnight, but the car rental company closes at 10 pm. Which would have left my husband, a VA Rated 100%, disabled veteran, stranded at the airport, suffering in extreme pain.

I called Priceline (888) 837-3774, right after finding out about the delayed flight, to cancel the entire Priceline reservation. They said to call United Airlines and Budget Car Rental company to cancel the reservations, which I did. Priceline is unscrupulous, keeping our $679.98 fee for a reservation that was canceled, and never billed.

Priceline got a double refund from United Airlines. United Airlines refunded our ticket prices to Priceline. We have a receipt as proof. We have been trying for 6 months to get a refund thru our credit card company, and have not received any credit. March 1st, 2019 I received (2) more REBILL Priceline Charges for double the original charge. 2 times $679.98 = $ 1,359.96 EXTRA. Priceline is a disgrace to our beloved United States, monetarily taking advantage of disabled, pain ridden, Special Forces Veterans.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Do not use Priceline!!! Their express deal is the worst. The price is not cheap at all, I found the same price on the hotel website. The map provided for possible hotels is huge, including the next town! And the hotel that I got was there! When I was searching for hotels, I entered 3 people. But when the reservation got confirmed, it only said 2 people. So now the hotel will charge me an extra guest fee for the extra person. I have to pay for 30 euros one way to get to the airport, because it’s too far, there’s no shuttle to the airport. I requested for a cancellation of my reservation which is 3 months away, but they did not allow me to cancel. I will never use Priceline to book any hotel reservation anymore. I learned my lesson.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

After extensive research for a vacation package to Tulum, we found a great deal on the Priceline website. We were very excited to be booking a 60th birthday celebration. We paid to upgrade and booked a Jr. Suite Oceanview with double beds through Priceline, as it is me and my sister in law staying in this room together. When the itinerary was emailed, the room type noted was "Jr. Suite Garden room King", which is not what we paid to upgrade to. I called Priceline right away and the rep said that yes, he in fact saw that the room we booked and paid for was in fact not the room type that they provided. He took a lot of information and promised me that this would be taken care of and they would fix the problem. I was going to cancel the reservation and book somewhere else, as they had a 24 hour cancelation. He assured me that I didn't need to do that and it would be taken care of.

He called back and told me that it was fixed, but the hotel would have to confirm that in 3-5 business days. I called back to confirm that it in fact was fixed only to be told that NO! The hotel would not honor that change without a $100/night fee. I then told the rep that this is not what Priceline sold me, and I was informed that they would make it right.

Needless to say, after many hours on the phone, they did not stand behind their product. They decided that if I wanted to upgrade with the hotel at $100/night for a total of $600 more, they would reimburse me, or they would credit 20% of the room fee to my card, which does not cover the difference in room. I am not willing to put $600 more dollars out in the hopes that Priceline stands by their word, so after many more conversations, I took the 20%. This did not cover the difference in price, and I will never use Priceline again. They do not stand by what they sell, and this is not a good way to start off a vacation that is supposed to be a celebration. My advice is to not use Priceline, look elsewhere!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I tried to cancel a reservation for a hotel after two days of making the reservation. The cancellation was placed almost two weeks prior to the reservation. I was notified that the reservation was non-refundable. I spoke to the hotel specifically and they were willing to cancel the reservation but Priceline was not willing to refund or credit for the cancellation. Worst business practice! Don't waste your time or money on Priceline.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I booked my flights with Priceline in December for a trip in MARCH. I paid an upgrade from Basic to Economy with allows seat selection and first checked bag, it was about $30 a ticket extra. I selected the seats the day I booked in December and they show on the itinerary as "requested." I called to verify seat selection and was told that seating must be confirmed with the airline and to contact United. United told me the only seats available together are row 37! When I complained, they told me to contact Priceline for a refund on the bogus upgrade for seat selection. Priceline says the airline has the power to change seat assignments.

THIS UPGRADE IS FRAUD - they claim you can select your seats and paid for one checked bag a person, however it's not realistic. The seats are not reserved. Only requested and the representative says only carry on bag is paid. I paid for an upgrade to select seats and pay for baggage in advance. Neither is true. The extra $90+ I paid was for NOTHING! I'm irritate over this and will never use or suggest Priceline ever again. DON'T PAY EXTRA for these BOGUS "upgrades." You'll end up frustrated and unable to get your money back.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I'm so disappointed in Priceline and their scam tactics. Nowhere before my booking did it show that the price was in USD, and it assumed my location right away was Canada so I figured it was CDN dollars. I looked very carefully on my screen to see anywhere if it mentioned the currency and it didn't. Even when it showed the total before clicking confirm booking did it mention it was in USD. I guess I wasn't the only one who has been scammed by these con artists. Also, it said in a headline that it was going to bee FREE CANCELLATION to only find out after I had confirmed when I tried to cancel my booking because of their CON TACTICS that it was only specific rooms and not the one I selected. So if I wanted to cancel, I would be charged for the hotel's first night.

I cannot tell you how messed up that is and I literally called customer service a minute after I had placed my booking. Guess when I knew it was US which was VERY CLEAR in the receipt that they sent me to my email. IT WAS ONLY CLEAR THAT IT WAS USD IN THE CONFIRMATION email. SCAMMERS! DON'T BOOK HERE. There are so many other websites you can book from who are upfront and no sneaky hidden messages on their websites ie: Booking.com (always has free cancellation) and sometimes Expedia. SAVE YOUR SELF THE HEADACHE AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I was excited to book an upcoming trip, and was browsing the Priceline website in CAD. At some point, this changed back to USD without my noticing. On their confirmation page they do make note that the currency is in USD, albeit in fine print, in light grey against a white background. Had I noticed that, I never would have booked.

Less than 12 hours later I saw the charge on my credit card and reached out to them to seek a remedy -- I didn't even want a refund, switching to a hotel that was actually in my price point would have been fine. I knew I was booking a non-refundable package, but did not knowingly agree to the price they charged me. They refused to help in any way (the policy is the policy). This seemed to me to be a very dishonest practice with everybody I spoke to being very unhelpful and hiding behind a policy. Strictly speaking I understand that I have no case here, it's just a very crummy way for a company to behave. Caveat emptor, I guess. From now on I will beware of Priceline and warn others against them loudly.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I was trying to book a rental car with Priceline. First two times I got kicked out and in the "My Trips" page I have 2 "Failed Bid" car rentals. I have no clue what this means. But the third time it happened, I gave up. I booked a different rental car. Then, after getting a confirmation and all... I see I have two rental cars booked. I contacted customer service about their error and I was told that there was nothing I could do and that I received confirmation. Confirmation that I never received. Not through email, or through the site. Priceline couldn't care less. Then, to make matters better... the chat rep ended the chat on me before we were even done discussing. Greg was the rep. He's terrible at his job. Bad experience, not booking through Priceline again. I'm out $381.52.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I booked a flight from DFW to Charleston NC to depart at 11:30am and arrive at CLT Charleston at 3:55pm. The flight delayed until 2:40pm, detoured to Memphis TN to depart at 5:59, then arrive in Charleston at 8:45 pm, 5 hours later than my original flight. Very discouraging, and very tiring, and very annoying! I was so exhausted, and the next day 2/22 was my birthday. Here we go again, Feb 25th, I was suppose to depart from Charleston NC at 4:35, time changed to 4:10, now delayed again to 5:50pm, to arrive on Dallas at 8:20pm. I'm just saying, get it together please, these changes can throw off the whole trip, which makes for a very unhappy traveler. It will take some convincing for me to book on Priceline again, or fly American Airlines again. Thanks but no thanks. In God we Trust, Amen!

Priceline expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Priceline is a Connecticut-based company that helps travelers find discounted rates offered by a wide range of travel businesses, including hotels and airlines.

• Price negotiations: Priceline lets customers name their own prices for hotel rooms, rental cars and flights.

• Last-minute flights: Travelers can get extra discounts by booking last minute flights.

• Customer service: Priceline responds to customer service emails within 12 hours.

• Group discounts: Priceline can help groups get discounts including a free room for the group coordinator.

• Travel bundles: Bundling travel services through Priceline can give travelers extra discounts.

• Best for: International and domestic travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs