2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.62/5
Based on 2,610 ratings submitted in the last year

Priceline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?

Original review: April 10, 2021

These are the thieves you all should watch out for, I am not given a refund for a car rental I made and did not use, on the call to Priceline the supervisor josh referred to me as dumb and blind, I had made an urgent car reservation for an Alamo car rental through Priceline and made a mistake with the city I was to arrive, I ended up not picking my car rental, now they are saying no $$ out of my total amount of $187.70 will be refunded to me for service not received.

Original review: April 9, 2021

I booked a car rental in Dominican Republic with Priceline. No fees were supposed to be taken but before I arrived, Allianz Car Damage cover were debited on my account. When I arrived at the airport:

1/ They never understood I already paid the insurance.
2/ They asked me to pay the full amount + fees + taxes
3/ Full Cover!!! Had a deductible of 800$.

4/ Priceline advertise 20$/day and finally it's 65$/day.

NEVER USE PRICELINE. It's a scam.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2021

Booked a flight for Feb 14 2021 to Ohio for my father's funeral, which I never step foot on the plane due to cancellations due to bad weather by the airline. Contacted Priceline immediately after making it back home from spending the entire day and night a hour and half away on normal conditions at the airport. As of today 4/8/21 have been told still waiting for the airline to send them the refund and soon as it credited I will be refund. Spoke to a dozen different customer rep not to mention received a email on 2/25/21 from the airline notify me that a credit was sent back to the travel agency I booked the ticket at but they still say they have not received. They are full of **.

Original review: April 8, 2021

Thank you Priceline for ruining spring break 2021. We did our reservations months in advance only to find out the rental place that you selected does not rent to residents in the state of Georgia because we live in Georgia. #stranded

Original review: April 6, 2021

Booked 4 rooms for total of 11 nights all on mobile app. Didn't realize they would tack 25% tax on 2 rooms but not others. Asked for copies only gave me copy of 1. No help with customer service. Beware. Read every line on each reservation.

Original review: April 3, 2021

Make sure you read all the fine print if renting a car from Priceline! No changes allowed to your reservation with no exceptions!! You can't change pick up date, delivery date, nothing at all. You can't speak with anyone only online and they are worthless. I had to fly in a day early but they told me can't make a change, this was 2 weeks in advance...I had to call car rental company personally and the hit me with another 130.00 to get the car a day early...I would not recommend ever using Priceline for car rentals in case you have any emergencies or changes in your travel plans...I will make sure my company and all my friends and contacts know this and don't use this company!! Too many good companies who understand customer service and customer needs, be careful and good luck!

Original review: April 1, 2021

Booked a car from Priceline at the airport in New Orleans. All the information on the booking was false, down to the name of the vendor. Even the name of the vendor was incorrect. Said was on airport, and was not, vendor was located in a homeless shelter. Classic bait and switch, truly reprehensible. Will never use again.

Original review: April 1, 2021

I booked a flight on August 28th, 2020. Transaction cleared, and I received a trip number. I went to manage booking a few weeks later as it looked like the trip was panning out. The cancelation form said I had an invalid trip number. I called priceline and they said the trip number was correct and to cancel online. Which I still couldn't because of the trip number coming up invalid. They then advised me that closer to the trip, it would become valid and I would be able to. My flight is 3 days away now, the trip number is still not valid. When I call Priceline, the automated system says they are overloaded right now and to call back within 3 days of departure so they can help others and the system hangs up on me. I contacted them via Twitter and after 2 days I finally received a message saying to contact a phone number. The same message plays and I just get hung up on.

At first I just wanted a credit so I could fly later on. Now I'm not sure I want anything to do with them ever again. This is pretty slimy tactics. I work in customer service, and know the importance of every guest. One person can destroy a business. I believe I just lost $550 because a company doesn't value its customer base. If they handled things correctly they would have life long customers. Now they have hordes of people telling everyone about how terrible they are.

Original review: April 1, 2021

We book a car on March 30, 2021 for a trip on April 7, 2021. Due to a Covid issue we called March 31, 2021 to cancel and refund our reservation. Priceline did not cancel or refund anything. Other booking services such as Orbitz, Expedia, and more allow cancellations. PLEASE DO NOT USE PRICELINE ANYMORE.

Original review: April 1, 2021

I booked a hotel with Priceline The Grand Hotel in Fort Lauderdale. The room had roaches and dirty. I called Priceline and they were not very helpful. I can't believe they have this hotel on their site. Priceline I feel like priceline don't care about their customers experience and continue to offer this hotel even with their knowledge of bad reviews. It's all about the money. I will never use priceline again. Hotel.com is very helpful.

Priceline author review by ConsumerAffairs

Priceline is a Connecticut-based company that helps travelers find discounted rates offered by a wide range of travel businesses, including hotels and airlines.

• Price negotiations: Priceline lets customers name their own prices for hotel rooms, rental cars and flights.

• Last-minute flights: Travelers can get extra discounts by booking last minute flights.

• Customer service: Priceline responds to customer service emails within 12 hours.

• Group discounts: Priceline can help groups get discounts including a free room for the group coordinator.

• Travel bundles: Bundling travel services through Priceline can give travelers extra discounts.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team