2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.02/5

Priceline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

My family booked flight and Hotel to Vegas. We found out shortly after the booking. That the concert we were attending canceled. I called Priceline to cancel our reservations. On their website it says we can cancel with full refund within 24 hours. Not the Case, they only will refund half my money! I will never book with them again!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I booked a vacation to St. Thomas through Priceline with the hotel, rental car and flight. I canceled 2 days later after booking bc of bad weather and plus it would be my first time flying so I was nervous about the hurricanes. After booking I received a call from the hotel saying that we would need to have COVID testing done before coming and if we didn’t we would be quarantined for 14 days when we arrived. Let me remind you it’s 4 days before my trip. When I cancelled I got refunded for hotel and car rental and they wouldn’t give me a dime back for my flight. I got insurance on my trip and it wasn’t worth a dang. I talked to several people from Priceline and all were non English representatives. One of the representatives wrote in my notes that he offered me a credit for my flight in which he didn’t. He offered for me to take a flight 12/31/20 and I didn’t except because this was my vacation for the year.

Priceline and American Airline kept on pushing me back forth to one another and kept telling me they would get back to me. Never did!! My flight date came and the insurance denied me for my refund and didn’t send me confirmation until after my flight. So the representative from priceline put in my notes that I was a no show. That was incorrect because I cancelled days before. Priceline said that they were going to handle it and escalate my concern to a manager and they were going to get back with me in 48 to 72 hours and they didn’t. I had to call them after they said they were getting back to me twice.

It was a nightmare. I spent $3200 on that whole trip. All that I got back in a refund was $1500. I got $300 back from the rental in 24 hours but it took them a month to send back the $1200 (refund was only suppose to take 14 days) because they said something went wrong with the system and they didn’t see it. I will never in life book from Priceline again. They are holding my money and still haven’t refunded my money for my flight..

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

Had a trip booked to go to my granddaughter's 3rd bday party. 3 days before trip I got a call there was a positive covid test. I called immediately to cancel my hotel and car. To my dismay I was informed I would not be able to get a refund no cancel. Seriously? I guess they want the covid virus in their vehicles and hotels. Bad business. Don't you think we are suffering enough with this virus?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

Make sure you read all the tiny print. Even make sure you have a magnifying glass with ya. This place is a ** joke. Lady at Hertz tried to screw me with a rental car. Now Priceline wants to do a refund but charge you a cancellation fee. I didnt cancel the damn car the ** did at the car lot. Never again will we use this company. Beware of what you get and again read everything. We are out 2x the amount with a car through Budget than what we paid through Priceline. Also, they took my bank card with all the funds on it. Great way for my daughter to see on her first trip just mother and daughter. Just about got stranded by them.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

Dirty Room. Dishonest staff. Unprofessional manager. They bring shame to Days Inn chain. I made a booking, checked in, FOUND HAIR on my bed, terrible smell. IMMEDIATELY went to front desk and politely said, "this won't work for me, I want to check out." Front desk guy told me to call Priceline and he would be happy to cancel my reservation. I call Priceline next morning, they tell me we have to confirm with hotel manager. Priceline calls me and tells me they have refused refund.

I talk with hotel manager and Priceline over phone call. Hotel manager tells me you didn't call Priceline in a timely manner. He also adds a FALSE PIECE of information. He assured me that front desk manager asked me to call Priceline that same night to cancel, which he never did (my brother who was with me confirmed that the guy at front desk simply stated call Priceline, he never said anything about when). Plus it was 11 pm, I was barely able to make a reservation at the Sheraton to get some sleep, it's not even reasonable to ask me make that call that night if that was the policy. I'm disappointed with the hotel manager who handled the situation in a convoluted way rather than rectifying the mistake. The front desk worker that lied. The unclean room. Priceline that was not able to give me my refund that I deserve.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

Like I told your representative, I clicked the link in my itinerary that went straight to your site. I then clicked the link to cancel the reservation. I don't blame the hotel, I blame Priceline. It had nothing to do with the hotel. I did what I had to do to cancel my reservation. I went back in my history and found the time I went back to your site to cancel the reservation. It was at 7:07 PM. My reservation was made at 9:30 AM. What other reason would I go back to the Priceline site. I am a retired teacher and my retirement isn't very much, but I am a forgiving person so, it's a lesson learned. It is possible the internet was messing up with our weather, but you can afford the $226 more than I can.

Good business practice would be to at least offer some kind of assistance. You could have shared the cost of the hotel by at least paying half or you could have refunded your fees. My city was experiencing a hurricane. You should have shown some kind of compassion. I also booked on Hotels.com the exact same way I did the Priceline reservation. It was the same procedure I did with Priceline, but the only difference was theirs worked. I will not be using Priceline again.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

We recently evacuated from Hurricane Delta, called Priceline to book two rooms because we have used them before and we’re satisfied in the past. Originally we requested to reserve LaQuinta Inn in Bossier City, Shreveport area, however it would not allow me to do so from my iPad due to sold out. So the recommendation was to call the customer service number provided in which I did so. The representative was very swift speaking with his words and supposedly told us the Super 8 was all they had left. “All the others are astronomically high” he said. I then looked at the property on Priceline website and was pleasantly surprised of the pictures of the property.

Once we arrived at the property after a grueling trip in rainy horrible weather, the property looked completely opposite of the pics on the site. We had smoking rooms which were not requested and the property had no non smoking rooms available. People were hanging outside of their rooms all evening, the tv did not work. The bedroom furniture was horrible. The lights in the bathroom were not working. Just a hot unsafe mess of a property. The hotel representative allowed compensation for the second night booked however not the first. We then booked the Hampton Inn within minutes through Expedia, checked into our new property and was relieved that the property was just how the pics described it with wonderful safe and a super friendly staff.

Called Priceline to inquire on a refund however it took 24 hours before reaching someone. Priceline did not have my email address correct therefore we were never emailed an itinerary. I repeated my self multiple time so that the representative would have my correct information. Finally when I reached them it was over an hour long phone call. They agreed to reimburse us for the second day booked however the property refused to refund both days. Priceline informed us that they would listen to the recording and if they felt it was the representatives’ fault we would receive a full refund. 5 days later I called to follow up. “May we emailed you a decision”.

First of all neither one of the representatives that I spoke to managed to get my correct email address so of course as the first time we did not receive an email. Secondly they informed me via a telephone conversation they would not be able to credit the full refund. We used to use Priceline often in the past. We travel regularly for AAU basketball games and recreation. This was a horrible experience and I would never ever recommend them to anyone or use them again. On the other hand the process with Expedia was a stress free and easy process. Never ever again Priceline!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I booked room for 2 nights at Americas Best in Melbourne, FL. Checked out early trying get refund for 1 day. Hotel said they can't. Have contact Priceline. Called priceline. They want trip# or my phone#. I have no trip# and my phone# they have no record. Can't get live person. Recorder hangs up. Will never use priceline again.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

I booked airline and a Mustang rental car when I thought there would be just two of us traveling. Then 3 friends decided to join us on the trip. I called to change the mustang to a larger car - no other change. After 2 hours of being sent back and forth from Hertz to Priceline because Priceline kept saying Hertz can change it and hertz kept insisting that they couldn't because I had already paid Priceline, Priceline finally told me that they can't make any change at all to the rental car, including the MODEL of the car that I am renting! They now have my money and, while they easily accessed Hertz's car choices before I paid, now they can't so I'm stuck. I now remember using them in the past and having a similar issue and swearing NEVER to use them again! I won't ever forget again.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I used Priceline to rent a car while in Phoenix From 10/9-10/12. I arrived at the car rental center and NU Car rentals is not located at the car rental center. They are offsite. Interesting part when booking Priceline does call out that NU Car rental is offsite. They say: "Pick up at NU car rentals Phoenix Sky Harbor Intl Airport (PHX)," which leads you to believe they are on site.. The address posted is of the airport so you are really lead to think it’s onsite but the bury the fact it’s off-site within the rental agreement someplace they never pointed it out.. At any rate when confronted about it All Priceline cared about was covering their butts and the money nothing else.

Priceline author review by ConsumerAffairs

Priceline is a Connecticut-based company that helps travelers find discounted rates offered by a wide range of travel businesses, including hotels and airlines.

• Price negotiations: Priceline lets customers name their own prices for hotel rooms, rental cars and flights.

• Last-minute flights: Travelers can get extra discounts by booking last minute flights.

• Customer service: Priceline responds to customer service emails within 12 hours.

• Group discounts: Priceline can help groups get discounts including a free room for the group coordinator.

• Travel bundles: Bundling travel services through Priceline can give travelers extra discounts.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team