2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.07/5

Priceline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

My sister booked a hotel stay with Hampton INN hotel during thanksgiving 2020. When you goggle Hampton in Priceline comes up in your search pretending to be Hampton Inn hotel. Be very careful as this is not affiliated nor is the HAMPTON INN. THEY WILL CHARGE YOU 200$ OR MORE THAN THE ACTUAL HOTEL. I disputed them through my bank and also cancelled them the same day I arrived at the hotel. They refused to take the fees off. Even after explanations and proof. They cancelled my sisters hotel for her four days and refunded her money and refused to return my money.

I don’t have a problem paying, but why would I pay Priceline to book for me when I could call the hotel directly and book for cheaper. Please dont use Priceline for anything. They are not a honest company, and will charge you hundreds of dollars more than going through the company. I would rate them as a zero, however this review would not let me give them zero stars.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

My plane was cancelled by the Airline. When I rebooked another flight with Priceline I was informed I would not get 100% credit for the tickets I purchased for the cancelled flight. The Priceline agent said I would not get credit for $312 from my original purchase. DO NOT buy airline tickets with this site. If the plane is cancelled, changed you will not get 100% credit for another plane ticket.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

I have been using Priceline for almost two years now and for the most part I was completely satisfied with the app and the customer service representatives but last week I booked a room for 4 nights and seconds after I received the confirmation email I noticed the address was incorrect. I immediately called customer service at priceline after waiting for a call back which took about 15. Considering I'm a VIP member I was told they could not make any changes to my reservation and needed to contact the hotel and request a full refund that they would have to ok!

That would also take 3-5 business days to be refunded to my account and that I would need to make another reservation at the correct hotel and pay again while my funds are on hold from the first transaction. No apology, no sympathy, no understanding from the representative at all. Just kept saying priceline policy is blah blah. I'm so disappointed in this company and will definitely not be using them again.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

Trustful company and experience through Priceline.com. Excellent experience. Great manager and clean cars. I advise everybody to use this site. I recommend strongly to use & reserve their site for cars or hotels.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

Priceline.com is a scam. They misrepresented themselves as a Hilton Reservation Desk. I was under stress, since we were traveling to Tulsa, Oklahoma for a funeral. The company promised me that I could change that reservation 24 hours from checking in. I called in 36 hours before we were to arrive in Tulsa. They would not let me cancel, because I supposedly misunderstood. I needed to cancel 48 hours before. When I called the hotel directly, they told me that I had not booked with Hilton, but a third party. I cannot believe that I fell for this scam. Priceline has many terrible reviews. Please be smarter than I was. I called many times to try to solve this issue, and to no avail. I learned a bitter lesson. Learn from me.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

Priceline refuses to refund me on car rental because I place a dispute with my credit card company. Priceline agent told me that was the reason on their decision on refund. For basically complaining against the company.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

I reserved a car and they charged my card immediately when they weren't supposed to. I can't fly now and they won't let me even CHANGE the reservation! So I paid for a car rental for a week and I can't use it!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I tried making a reservation through Priceline. I got an error through their system after putting in all my credit card info. I tried twice!! So I went ahead and booked through Expedia. And I found that Priceline charged my credit card!!! And they are pushing me off every time I call even if they admit they had a mistake on their part. They did not give me a refund, they stole!!! Please tell all your friends and family NOT TO USE PRICELINE, THEY ARE STEALERS AND LIARS!! We are talking about close to $2000!!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

I booked a trip to Hawaii last year and my flights got cancelled due to covid, I was given flight credit of $1170, I recently planned a trip to Cancun Mexico for February and I found another flight for $1200 to use my flight's credit on. I called Priceline and they told me the price for my new flight would be $5500, I told them that is ridiculous when the same flight on their website is $1200. They told me those flight prices are for new customers only, not customers who have flight credit. I told them I want a refund then because I’m not going to pay $4000+ out of pocket for a flight I can book for $1200 online, they said we can’t refund you because it’s United airlines policy, but when I called United Airline they told me Priceline is the only ones who can refund me.

At this point I feel like my money has been stolen from me. I paid $1170 last year for a trip I never took because of a pandemic that was out of my control and now I am out of my money because Priceline won’t let me rebook another flight with the prices they provide to everyday people and the only way I can use my credits is to book a ridiculous priced airline ticket. They are seriously scamming people and it will come to light soon. Most other travel agencies let you use your flight's credits online and most also let you have a refund. Please use this as a warning to not book with Priceline because you will get scammed.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

This company is the worst, I will never do business with them again. I booked a reservation that said I could cancel one day prior 01/10/21 and I called on them 01/09/21 before 200 PM and they said I couldn’t cancel. I’m very upset I’m not feeling well. I rather pay more next time and not use this company again.

Priceline author review by ConsumerAffairs

Priceline is a Connecticut-based company that helps travelers find discounted rates offered by a wide range of travel businesses, including hotels and airlines.

• Price negotiations: Priceline lets customers name their own prices for hotel rooms, rental cars and flights.

• Last-minute flights: Travelers can get extra discounts by booking last minute flights.

• Customer service: Priceline responds to customer service emails within 12 hours.

• Group discounts: Priceline can help groups get discounts including a free room for the group coordinator.

• Travel bundles: Bundling travel services through Priceline can give travelers extra discounts.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team