1.10/5

Looking for a travel site?

3271 Priceline Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Relying on previous experience with Priceline's 24-hour cancellation policy, I decided to try and save $20 by booking an express deal. It appeared I had to book it to see what time it departed. I ended up with a booking to go see my dying father-in-law at a time of day that would have required my husband to take an extra vacation day. And all customer service could say on the first call was, "I'm sorry, you've booked a non-refundable flight." I'm glad they record their conversations so IF anyone CARES they will hear how utterly disgusted I am with how unclear the web process is about this, and the deep certainty in my voice when I told them this experience means I will NEVER use Priceline again.

Shortly there was a message to call them back... so I did. After being shamed for not knowing that express deals were nonrefundable, I was finally allowed to cancel the booking for a $15 fee. Which I did. Okay, customer "service" there was probably something in small print somewhere so you're *legally* correct, I'm sure. But I got no points for not flying frequently and not immediately knowing these things.

The rep was so short with me and implied I was the problem for being upset (apparently I interrupted her while she was trying to charge me $15 to "help" me), that I actually went back to the website to see if my distress over my father-in-law's illness had led me to miss something obvious. NOT! Even if you scroll down the page, there is NOTHING about what you are clicking toward being non-refundable. This is FAR from consumer-friendly. Priceline, I will now never forget that express deals are nonrefundable- but it doesn't matter since I won't be booking with you again. Is it better to be right or have a repeat customer?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

DO NOT use Priceline to book a hotel. Ever. They took my money and gave us a hotel room with a construction view. And since we booked through Priceline the hotel could not refund anything. Then I called Priceline and they basically said, "I’m so sorry but no refunds." Do not use this company. Do not.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

We booked a room through Priceline for an overnight stay between flights in Seattle. I received a confirmation code the night before the flight. When we arrived at our motel at midnight, our reservation could not be found and they were full. The motel were not friendly or willing to help. It was simply, that confirmation code doesn’t exist, "Please step out of line." So we were forced to walk to another motel to find an open room somewhere, now around 12:30-1 am. I will never use this company again. How do you send a confirmation code if it isn’t confirmed? That is the code's one job... to confirm the reservation.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I did a reservation of three days at the Disney all star movies resort from August 13-15th, and for a preferred room (closest room to the pool or restaurant or lobby) but when I got to the hotel I changed the room to a standard type, the person at the front desk told that because of that downgrade I should get a refund of about $60. I did contact Priceline but they answered that the room I got was a two-bedroom like if it was a preferred room type and there was nothing they could do about it.

After two calls and ten email exchanges, the answer was the same. They gave me a name for a person that supposedly worked at Disney's billing service, which I tried to contact of course, without finding her in the end. So I took the case with another Disney representative and the latter answered through email that indeed there was a room downgrade and I should get a refund. I used the same answer and send it back to Priceline, which replied the same response: "We cannot do anything forward". Reading all the cases exposed in ConsumerAffairs makes me wonder how does the United States let a business like Priceline run with fraudulent operations scamming clients across the globe. My recommendation would be to do reservations directly from the vendors instead of using Priceline.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

After problems in the Quality Inn in Williams, we had a room there where the lights could not be switched off. Priceline did not do any proper offer to compensate this problem, neither did Quality Inn. The combination Priceline and Quality Inn, never ever again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I thought I was calling reservations for Holiday Inn Express but what I was really calling was Priceline and did not know it. They completely misrepresented the call acting like they were "Their Properties". Don't use this company. They overcharged me for the stay. This company has no integrity at all.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I recently booked a 4 night room through Priceline.com because it was advertised as the cheapest price and “free cancellation.” Well 2 hours later I ended up canceling the rooms because we were unsure about the trip and they ended up charging me a fee of $100.24. I had to chat with customer service because you can’t talk with anyone over the phone and said that their “free cancellation” promotion ended the day before, which makes absolute no sense. Why would they have a promo if it ended the day before? Total scam!!! I will never book anything through them again!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

We paid $116.97 total to Priceline hotel who told us it is a 3.5 star hotel, but the hotel is so run down & trash, paint is chipped, dirty stain on carpet, trash on the hallway and everywhere. We trust priceline.com over 20 years, so we did not cross check on the Yelp. We could not sleep all night and got up 6am to pack and leave that nasty and dirty hotel. I called and complaints to Priceline and they said their partner will not refund, so Priceline choose to fraud together with Ontario Gateway Hotel.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I purchased a five day vacation package through Priceline as celebration for being cancer free. When I received confirmation, Priceline changed one of the flights to a later time. I called Priceline, spent over an hour with them on the phone and they kept saying there is nothing they can do. They said I would need to cancel the reservation and rebook it. They assured me there would be no cost to cancel. That is not true. Once they cancelled, I found out I was still charged. I spoke to Priceline again. They said that since I cancelled, I would be charged as the trip was non-refundable. I told them they told me to cancel, assured me I would not be charged, and to rebook the trip. They said they cannot refund the cost because the rules say... They ruined this trip for me. It was supposed to be a celebration and turned out to be filled with stress. I am now out the cost and no trip to go on. This company is horrendous. They do not care... just take your money.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Tried to book online and failed several times. During the process I was asked to key in my year of birth. I did so and something in the transaction failed. As each instance failed (Priceline will ask 3 times) an authorization charge was placed on my credit card. I called customer service and they were not helpful as all they see is the end result of the transaction. In this case a failure to key in my year of birth. So to give them the benefit of the doubt I tried using another card. Same issue (did not try 3 times again). There seems to be an issue with the secure portion of the transaction with the credit card companies but no one to help find a resolution. Called customer service which then transferred me to a "Relationship Manager" which was also useless. Used to be a great company to do business with but no longer. I would suggest staying away and trying the partners they use such as Booking.com.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I arranged for a 2 day car rental through Priceline for my trip to San Francisco. They gave me a great rate with Payless car rental. Only $84 for the 2 day rental. Priceline's site said that Payless was at the Airport (definitely not). Their site also said that Payless would accept Debit cards (They do not). My 2 children and I took the shuttle to Payless after our flight ended, only to be told that they would not accept my debit card. We then had to take a shuttle back to the Airport and approximately 3 hours after we landed, we finally had a rental car from Alamo for $306.00 for 2 days. Guess how I paid for that? You got it- my debit card. Never use Priceline and definitely NEVER use Payless car rental. This pretty much ruined my vacation.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I had booked a hotel with Priceline and then I could not make it and needed to cancel. Priceline took 100% of the money, offered no help, basically an empty hotel room they will cash in off of. I will never use Priceline or any of their subsidiaries again. Kayak, Booking, Agoda, Priceline, OpenTable. I would avoid these. They may have a slightly better deal on paper here and now but they will screw you over in the long term. Trust me, you get screwed over by one bad deal and you lose 100% of your funds. What's better, paying 5-10% more a few times or losing 100% of a deal? I would avoid this company and all their others. They exist off being inflexible and cashing in on people who make changes to their travel plans.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

First I went online to book a rental vehicle for my trip to Greece. When I was entering in other sites my one way rental it would come up in the price the one way fee in this site. I had to learn the hard way. It is when you print your voucher, which again it specifies my charge, also the charge was different than the voucher specified it was more. When I wrote to them they were going to look into my charge, but it closed its case. I will not do business with company ever.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Priceline forgot to include extra $20.50 driving permit fee, even it stated on reservation all taxes and fees are included in $35. That is a not true. First car I got besides many visible damages, not just scratches or dents, it was some serious damage on both doors and front. As soon as I drove away car stop running, I had to return and got another damaged car, but at least was running. Also, on reservation it should be mentioned that holding fee on our credit card is $1500 as not everyone will have that kind of limit on their credit card. I just spend 1 hour 17 minutes on the phone with Priceline customer service, spoke to Jane CR **; Claire supervisor ** and no one could explain what is included in $35 fees and why $20.50 additional fee was not on the main line of extra charges in my reservation. Very bad experience.

When I was returning the car, during very heavy rainstorm, to my surprise on the Firefly door sign said, "Go to Hertz." I did, returned my car there, asked why I had a such a old beat up 2 cars, the answer, was, "Those cars from Hertz which were no longer used by Hertz due to damage and mileage". So if you want a car which does not run, please rent from Firefly! Terrible experience. Priceline has a worst customer service. Reservation number ** for Firefly in Grand Caymans. Sep 3-10 2018.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I’m not sure how Priceline is still around!!! They are the worst!! I booked an all inclusive trip for 2, 2 flights round trip to Jamaica and 2 all inclusive guest in one hotel room well in advance of our trip and paid in full. A week before my travel I call the resort directly to confirm everything. They had our reservation but listed as one all inclusive adult staying not 2. I called Priceline and they said that is how it was booked for on one all inclusive guest. And it was a reservation that could not be changed. Why would 2 people fly to Jamaica and only one stay in the room. I said, "Ok. Well can you just add one more person to the room." They said my reservation could not be changed at all. They said I had to book another room for 2 all inclusive. But I could not cancel my other so I would be charged for the original reservation that they messed up on AND then also pay for another with the two!!! Are you kidding me.

I spent hours on the phone with them and their “management” telling me that they could book another room for one person AT MY EXPENSE and then we would have two room and two all inclusive and then just pick which room we wanted to stay in but the charges would be on separate rooms. ARE YOU KIDDING ME. All the way up until the DAY I left I was on the phone with them.

FINALLY they booked us another room for two all inclusive adults but said I would have to front the cost of the new room reservation and then they would refund me after the trip. I said, "ABSOLUTELY not. You will rebook the room for two and not charge me extra. Our whole trip was already paid in full." I was not paying an extra anything for their mistake. After talking to multiple managers they finally booked the new room with no extra charge and canceled our other room. Which they should have done from the first call I made. Advice to Priceline. Admit when you mess up and just take care of it. I would give them zero stars but it would not let me! DON’T EVER USE PRICELINE...EVER!!! They are the absolute worst!!!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I was charged for a trip that I did not make. Priceline refused to provide me with any information regarding the trip. Obviously they support fraudulent and criminal activity and when I finally spoke to a rep from the company, they were located in Mexico, SHOCKER. Would NEVER use priceline.com.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I when on Priceline for hotel room booking. Entered all the information needed and finalize the reservation. Came back with the deal is gone. So when in again and found another hotel same thing over again but I thought, "Wait. I better check to make sure they don't charge my credit card." To my surprise there it was double charge with no booking done. So do not use their site as you cannot talk to anyone except automatic reply. Their website is crap and be careful, I contacted my credit card company and we are working on getting this taken off!!!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Hi, I am writing to express my disappointment in Priceline and their customer service. I booked a flight from Lisbon to Mykonos to leave at 12:35 am on Friday 9/14. I mistakenly thought it left Friday night at 12:35 am. I never received a check in reminder from Priceline to check in. Had I received an email to check in, I would have realized my mistake and been able to catch my flight. Priceline did nothing to help me and said the reason I didn’t receive an email to check in “was maybe because of a glitch in the system.” I had to spend another $300 to book a new flight tonight (I did not book through Priceline). I have flown hundreds of times for business and pleasure and have always received a check in reminder from the multiple airlines I have flown... including when I’ve booked through a 3rd party, like Kayak.

The customer service reasoning of not being able to help refund or find me a new flight was simply “it's a rule and the contract says.” I get what a contract says... but I felt like I was talking to a machine and not a real person who can empathize with my disappointment in missing my flight. It was an honest mistake on my part for which I take blame, but had I received a reminder email to check in I would not have missed it. I will not give my business to Priceline in the future and will make sure my friends and family know of the disappointing outcome and customer service I had today from Priceline.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Good Day robots working at the Priceline customer service, I wanted to personally reach out to you and thank you for cheating yet another customer out of their money. I hope you get to sleep like a baby after a long hard day of scamming people. Me and my husband has tried calling you several time for the last two months literally begging to change our travel dates if the trip can't be canceled due to a family emergency. However, since we have robots working at Priceline and not actual human beings who can try to understand another person's situation, we were simply told no.

Just yesterday, my husband called Priceline many times asking them if we can move our travel dates as we cannot travel on the dates we chose initially because of family emergency, and my husband even told the representative that we are willing to pay the price difference if there will be any to move the travel dates, but the representative just said plain no.

For someone who works in customer service industry, even I know that sometimes a person has a situation which is completely out of their control and every single company in this world can make at least a one time exception for the customer if they try to understand the customer's situation. But sadly Priceline is not one of those companies.

Me and my husband have no choice but to take the loss on the money we spent to book our trip and just not show up for our flight and hotel reservation because Priceline has refused to help us many times. This is the point where I just wash my hands off of such disgusting business who can't even understand another human being's situation. I rather spend more money and book directly with hotels and airlines than to go through the hell that Priceline has put me and my husband through. So Priceline thank you so much for this amazing experience and teaching me a good lesson to not ever book anything through you ever again.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Used Priceline to find a flight from Boston to Logan. As I completed the transaction I noticed I was being charged for a car rental. I did not want a car rental. I went back to edit my choices but there was no obvious way to remove the car rental. I exited from site and started over. I left a comment about my experience. I was notified by Priceline they saw I had car reservation and would have to cancel it with Sixt Car Rental. I went to cancel by phone number given to me from Priceline but message said to go to their online site. Their online site said it would cost $187 to cancel. As of right now I have not been charged for the vehicle I never rented or needed.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

When using the express deal for the first time I checked the examples of hotels that could be involved in my booking. I understand you get what you pay for. But the hotels were misrepresented. I was very disappointed. After purchasing the deal for 2 rooms I was notified that it was a very low rate hotel. Lower than the represented examples. The reviews included bed bugs, roaches and drug activities/unsafe area. First and last time using Priceline.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I recently booked a trip with Priceline. There was no issues booking the trip. Within a couple of days I received notification that the flight had changed. This happened several times over the following week. However, when I checked on the changes, I couldn't find any. This is because their system does not update to reflect the changes to the customer. I was 2 weeks out from my trip and checked on my reservations. My flight had in fact changed. The return trip had a 14 hour layover!!! I didn't know who to call to change it, so I spoke with the chat. They gave me a number to call. This took over an hour to change my flight. Priceline had to call the airline directly. I could not call the airline directly, because Priceline "possessed" the tickets.

Again, I received notification the flight had changed 2 days before my trip. It changed back to my original flight change of a 14 hour layover. I called them and it took another hour and a half on the phone for them to tell me that the flight in fact did not change. Currently, I have been on the phone for another 2 hours waiting. My flight was cancelled last minute. I finally got through to a Priceline agent after waiting 35 minutes in the queue. She put me on hold to check on my flight and hung up on me. I called back. Waited another 25 minutes to speak to a representative. He told me he could not help me because Priceline no longer had control of the tickets (it is past midnight the day of the flight).

I asked to speak with his manager, due to the fact that I was hung up on. He put me back in a queue. In the meantime, my husband called the airline. He put me on a callback waiting list. I received that phone call, before I could talk to a manager. Still waiting in the queue!!! On top of it all, while I have been on hold all this time, I tried to speak with the chat representatives. They will not help you! They will only give you a scripted line and give you the phone number that will put you on hold. I asked to speak with their manager. I was never given a manager to speak with.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I always use Priceline when I want to book a hotel. I recently booked an express deal hotel. They do not tell you the name of the hotel until after you pay. Which is normally fine. I don't have a problem with that. Well, after I paid, I googled to hotel and it had horrible reviews. MANY guests complained of mold and mold smells. I am SEVERELY ALLERGIC TO MOLD. I contacted Priceline and told them about my mold allergy and then I needed to transfer the funds to another hotel. They refused. So now I am out $240.00 because I can't stay there. Horrible way to treat a loyal customer.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I bought an airline ticket from Priceline and realized at the airport that they schedule me in flights that were impossible to make. The airline had to reroute me and bumped me to another day. This cost me by having to buy a hotel room and pay for an existing reservation from RCA night o was not the. Their customer support just played stupid and claimed that since the airline changed my flight, they were not responsible. Even though their original ticket was not possible to fulfill they still claimed ignorant. Never again!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I needed a budget hotel to stay for 2 day work commitment in the Tustin/Santa Ana area. I'm from San Diego. I didn't want to be driving back and forth if I could stay in the area and my work wasn't going to be paying for this hotel room. Made the mistake of going on Priceline.com a getting hooked and falling for their "2 Star Hotel" for $42.00 with bed and basic necessities from their family of hotels, all big named budget hotels that I heard of. Sounds great right. Wrong. Apparently being in a safe area wasn't necessary to be considered a 2-star hotel on Priceline. I just needed someplace to sleep in and feel safe that my car wasn't going to be stolen. I didn't need anything like room service, etc.

Once I paid, (I opted not to get their $10.00 coverage. My fault, could have gotten a refund and save this hassle), my hotel showed up as not one of the chain budget hotels advertised. It was the Keys Inn & Suites in Tustin. It wasn't even a chain budget hotel. It's located in a known hot spot of crime (drugs, prostitution, etc). Being a single female and traveling solo, I did not feel comfortable or safe staying at this hotel for all the known crime that occurs in this area and at the hotel. I took the $104.00 loss for the 2-night reservation instead of risking my safety and drove the 2 hours home to San Diego that I was hoping to avoid by booking in this "2-star hotel room" to begin with.

Shame on Priceline for advertising their mystery "2-star hotel" as one of the budget chain hotels when it's not. Priceline says that they can't and the hotel won't let them disclose the name of the hotel until you book because the prices are so low and basically take a gamble whether to get the $10 coverage if you need to cancel the reservation (I lose that bet). The hotel name doesn't get disclosed the hotel because no one in their right minds would stay in this drug infested hotel/motel.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Bought air tickets for international flight with a 13-hour layover in Riyad. However, Priceline never mentioned that a tourist visa is required for that ticket in Riyad since the layover was more than 12 hours. (CheapOair clearly discloses it when you buy the ticket). We found out a week before from airline that they won't issue us ticket without a VISA even though we won't get out of the airport. Called Priceline, and they said, they are not responsible for letting us know about VISA requirements.

When we had to change the tickets with layover less than 12 hours, Priceline charged us $250 for each ticket. However, days later still didn't get any confirmation on the change of tickets. Called Priceline and were told that we have to call the airline directly to get the confirmation. I told them, "You are the agent, I paid you for the change of tickets and why do I have to call Saudia for confirmation." This is just a synopsis of a week-long painful hassle. No one in their right mind should buy or book anything from Priceline. Lesson learned.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

My room didn't have the amenities promised on their website. Their customer service was garbage and I was tossed back and forth between them and Booking.com. In the end they refused to take responsibility.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I used Priceline.com to book a car then 15 minutes later I reached the car rental location. There was no car assigned yet and I was told if I want to drop car different location will be another 250 dollars fee so I never took the car. Later I found they still billed me full invoice. When I called customer services they lied to me since the rental car company billed them hence they are billing me. Big lie. I called the car rental company and was advised they never billed anything to me, I called the customer service back they refused to give refund even if I never took the car. They are stealing my money for free. Recommend everyone to stay away from them.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I would NEVER RECOMMEND using Priceline to anyone. We were coming down to Va Beach and booked a hotel through Priceline. When we got the confirmation of our stay it was scheduled for the wrong day. So we reached out to Priceline and they said they would reach out to the hotel and see if the hotel was willing to change they day to the one we had interned or cancel the booking. They then told me the hotel was not willing to work with us. So I called the hotel myself and when I spoke with them they told me they would move my stay to another night where the price would be similar to what I paid. This wasn't ideal but at least then I wasn't paying for a room I would never get to use. So in order to change the day the hotel said I needed to have Priceline call back to talk to the hotel again.

So I call Priceline and they refuse to call the hotel they kept saying they already called and wouldn't do it again. I explained to them that I had spoken to the hotel and they said they would be willing to move it if they would call but they refused. She kept saying over and over "Unfortunately we wont be able to give you a refund today" like she was reading from a script. I explained I wasn't asking for a refund but for them to simply move the day and that the hotel said they would. At which point she HUNG UP on me! It was honestly the worst customer service I had ever experienced. 100 dollars gone when it probably could have been resolved.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

We had planned this trip to Florida for Labor Day weekend almost 2 months ago. Since we are from Wisconsin. We had to consider lot of things like price, distance and free time. For this trip, we had booked everything well in advance, Rooms, rental car, theme park tickets and places to visit. The plan seemed to be perfect. But there was a shocking surprise waiting for us from Priceline.

We were 2 families with 4 kids. We flew to Orlando on Thursday night. As it was late night flight, we had booked rooms close to airport through Priceline. The flight was on time, in fact it landed 30 minutes early. We rented the mini van, so that we all can travel together and kids can have fun. When we reached hotel, it was around 12 o'clock at night. We were all tired and just wanted to hit the bed, but Priceline had a different plan for us. There was only one room (we had booked two rooms). The amount deducted was for 2 rooms but only 1 room was reserved for us. We spoke with the hotel staff, but they told they have only one reservation under my name and they are full for the night.

I handed over, one room to my friend since they have small kid and had some challenges. At the same time, we were also on phone with Priceline customer service requesting them to get a room for us. It took around 15 mins to make them understand the problem, after that they were told they will check with hotel. It was midnight 2 o'clock, they were putting us on long holds and told they will call back twice, which they never did. We had to call them back both the times. It's midnight, we don’t have a place to sleep even after booking well in advance and paying for it. It's a unknown city with high crime rate. They had kept us on hold for nearly 90 mins without any directions. My phone charge was getting over, I was not aware of the place and with 4 years kid it was nightmare.

We tried to put our kid to sleep, but he didn't get proper sleep and was crying all the time. We were so tired after a long day. They never tried to understand our situation. All they were saying is they will call back. Another 2-3 hrs sun will rise. As it was long weekend, most of the hotels were booked. Even we could not take help of online, as it was over 12:00 AM, check in time will be 3:00 PM. We didn't get a room for almost whole night. We were on road literally. Finally, around 4am we got a room at Renaissance hotel after paying a hefty amount just for few hours. By the time we slept, it was 5am in the morning.

It was the first day of our trip; we had Disney tickets booked for which my son waited for almost year. We were supposed to be there by 9am which we couldn't. We went late around 2:00 PM and there were long lines for every ride as it was long weekend. We were not at all able to enjoy anything. My son was also cranky as he didn't get proper sleep. He was soo excited about Disney, he would tell everyone we met that we are going to Disneyworld. He was very disappointed. In fact we all were. The Priceline screwed up our entire trip. This trip made me look like fool in front of other family. They felt we did not plan correctly, which was not the case at all. Hotel Request Number **.

Priceline expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Priceline is a Connecticut-based company that helps travelers find discounted rates offered by a wide range of travel businesses, including hotels and airlines.

• Price negotiations: Priceline lets customers name their own prices for hotel rooms, rental cars and flights.

• Last-minute flights: Travelers can get extra discounts by booking last minute flights.

• Customer service: Priceline responds to customer service emails within 12 hours.

• Group discounts: Priceline can help groups get discounts including a free room for the group coordinator.

• Travel bundles: Bundling travel services through Priceline can give travelers extra discounts.

• Best for: International and domestic travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs