1.07/5

Looking for a travel site?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

3446 Priceline Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I selected my flight times (between 6 AM and 4 PM) and system flipped my flights. First flight was showing departing at 5:43 PM, arriving after midnight and then leaving at 6 AM in a flight that was supposed to be late morning/early afternoon departure. It showed correctly when I was to confirm details, but then sent me a completely different Itinerary with the flight flipped (I have screenshots before I booked to be sure.). Customer service was terrible and told me because I purchased an express deal, they could not make changes or cancel the flight without a fee. Should be no fee when the system screws up. Should have changed to correct flight I was given when I agreed to flight details. They refused but would cancel the flight for $15.

Well, then they don’t refund your money until 24 hours later and you can’t even book the correct flight because they are holding the funds! UNACCEPTABLE! I will NEVER book another flight through them again. And trying to even get to a person was a nightmare. Took three phone calls and two hours before I actually got someone that was so rude. Then I spoke to a supervisor who was even ruder. Finally, I got some who was at least able to get the flight cancelled but said I couldn’t rebook unless I had the money since it hadn’t been released yet.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

We attempted to schedule vacation for 7 adults flight, hotel, car rental. We were offered several flight options after making selections. We then received message, "SORRY not available." After changing and making alternatives SAME message appeared. We then called Priceline customer service for assistance, explained what was happening. Asked for booking assistance. Told unable to assist with booking via phone just keep trying. Why would online provide options that weren't even available. Have had this same experience in the past... DONE with Priceline!

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

This people will charge you $30 extra for just changing the first name and last name reversed. But called to airline and it was free. I will never use Priceline anymore for my future trips. Not recommended.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I booked a 20 yr. wedding anniversary trip through Priceline. Here's the plan... 5 hr. early flight to Vegas (should've arrived 10:30 am Jan. 13th). 4 day, 4 night vacation at Harrah's on the Las Vegas strip. Happy 20th yr. anniversary. Here's the experience... Got to the airport and checked in at 6 am. Waiting in a quick line for TSA. Finally boarded the plane and sat on the plane for 2 hrs. waiting on de-icing. Ended up being sent back to the airport terminal because the flight got cancelled. Had to start all over again and get another flight to Vegas. Had to go through TSA a second time. Ended up spending the first day of our 20th yr anniversary celebration at the airport for 13 hrs. since our new flight wasn't until 8 pm.

We missed a whole day in Las Vegas due to this since we didn't arrive until 1 am Jan. 14th the next day. Contacted Priceline after returning from trip. Priceline blamed everything on the hotel however I booked flight and hotel through them. Priceline didn't care about the whole mishap and said they aren't refunding unless the hotel was refunding. Priceline acted like they called the hotel and got someone on the phone about this matter within 2 minutes (we both know that's not true).

I asked how they are going to compensate for ruining the first day of our wedding anniversary celebration. Again stated, "If the hotel doesn't refund, we don't either." Customer service rep wasn't helpful or sympathetic and wouldn't give their full name. It all ended us still married and happy but very much unhappy with the service of Priceline. Moral of the story... NEVER book anything through Priceline!!!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I booked a hotel through their website for $45 in Orlando. When I arrived to the hotel I was charged $45 in Resort and Parking Fees which doubled the price of the hotel, I was there on business and just needed a place to sleep but if I had known that I was going to be charged double I would have booked a nicer hotel. When I contacted Priceline and voiced my concerns I was told I was made aware that the hotel may charge additional fees and there was nothing they could do. SCAM!!! I didn't mind that there might be additional fees it was the amount of the fees. They don't care and have lost my business and I will tell EVERYONE not to use Priceline.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

My husband and I booked a room with Priceline. On the site we chose to get a room without knowing which hotel we would get. The only problem was on the right side on the screen Priceline showed seven different hotel brands we might get. On the left hand side on the screen Priceline had a map and three hotels marked on the map in a shaded area. Under the markings was a 'HINT" that told us "you will" get one of the three marked hotels. When we hit the final button we got a totally different hotel than one of the three hotels Priceline had told us we would get in the "HINT".

The representative tried to tell us that the hotels were not a guarantee but a suggestion. I told the Priceline representative I understand that but why on the left hand side of the screen did they have a caption that stated we would get one of the three hotels mentioned in the "HINT" and then give us one that was completely different. The representative said he could understand the confusion but stuck with the Priceline policy of no refund or cancellation. This smacks of "Bait and Switch" advertising which is against the law, furthermore we will no longer be making any travel arrangements through Priceline and will be urging our friends to avoid Priceline as well.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

We bought a car rental with Priceline for St Maarten for Ford Explorer or similar car accommodating 6 people. We arrived there on January 2nd (Dollar car rental) and the representative said he could not offer a car that size for that price and it wasn't the first time it happened. He himself put me on the phone with Priceline. I spoke to a Priceline customer representative called Ken and he said he was sorry and we could cancel the reservation. I asked for a supervisor and Chelsea with ID number ** told me the website printing might say Ford Explorer or similar but the contract we filled up was for a full size car. She sent me the contract by email and there was no mention whatsoever of full size car

At the end we ended up paying over 100 US on top of the price given by Priceline. We came back to Canada, and called to file a claim. My wife was on the phone for over an hour and at the end a customer representative called Mary ID ** told her to go on Kayak website and fill up a feedback form. My advice, don't ever let them have your money, you can go on their website to check prices, then go directly to the vendor, be an airline or car rental. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Priceline is awful. When trying to book flight, it all seemed like it was going through. Checked my bank account and money was taken out of it for the flight but I did not receive a confirmation email. Then, when you call to get help, they only have an automatic voice machine that does not help at all. Finally, I got in touch with an agent through online messaging but my money is still being withheld and they claim it should be sent back to me within a few business days. Not sure what the heck causes this website to be that complicated but you would think after all the bad reviews that they would get on top of being more accommodating. Never using it again.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Horrible customer service - I booked a flight that was re-booked w/out informing me first (original flight was canceled). The flight added an extra layover - which arrived 3 hours AFTER the last flight left... what?! I spent approx 8 hours total over a period of several days on hold/on the phone trying to resolve my issue - multiple times. The "customer service" agent said that they couldn't help me and said "have a nice day" and hung up - making me call again to be on hold for more time. I asked to talk to a manager and was told they don't HAVE MANAGERS?! Again - what?! I finally got a reasonable flight booked, but after a huge headache and not a single apology for the inconvenience. My friend I am traveling with booked with a different 3rd party-was immediately re-booked on a new flight, offered free seat selection and upgraded. I will never book with Priceline again - even if the flight is cheaper. Worst customer service of my life.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I recently booked a rental car for three months at our winter destination with Priceline because they gave me such a “great deal”. After traveling 20 miles via a $68 taxi ride to pick up the car where Priceline instructed us to, the rental agency said they would not honor the price at their location. After speaking with a Customer Service Rep and a Manager for Priceline, I was told by both that they could not do anything and I should cancel the reservation. Basically they hung me out to dry. Never again!!!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Be aware of the Flex Cancellation which shows up on Priceline! It is only valid if your arrival date is 3 days later than your booking. I wonder why Priceline still post Flex Cancellation when they see that your arrival day is shorter than 3 days? The issue is that I made a booking on Priceline on Dec 28th at 2:28 PM to stay at the Hilton Hotel San Diego. When I made the booking, the site showed Flexible Cancellation even though the booking was for Next day (as you can see as an example in the attached screenshot). Since I had made an error on the end date of my stay, I cancelled the trip after 20 minutes, however I was only given a partial refund since the customer service rep told me that the Flex Cancellation only applies if you cancel within the three days of your arrival date.

My argument is that why does the site show Flex Cancellation given that the booking is for next day and giving customers false impression as in my case? If I had not seen the Flex cancellation, I would have never booked the hotel on Priceline. I am sure I am not the only customer faced with this issue and would appreciate if you could consider the full refund, given that the site is not working correctly.

Here are the E-mail info's which I also have the actual copies and I can forward you those upon request. "Cancellation E-mail at on 12/28/2018 at 2:53 PM: priceline.com Hotel Cancellation Confirmation for San Diego, CA - Saturday, December 29, 2018. Booking E-mail on 12/28/2018 at 2:25 PM: Your Priceline itinerary for San Diego, CA - Saturday, December 29, 2018."

My argument is that the Priceline online Software displays the Flex Cancellation sign when customers are requesting for a next day booking? This gives a false sense to customer who is making the booking? Are the terms and conditions you are referring to displayed on the site just like the Flex Cancellation and consumers are forced to read them before making the booking or are there just put in as notes?

I just feel Priceline software could be modified to first not show Flex Cancellation for next day booking or any booking that is outside the Flex Booking Terms and condition. Secondly, the Terms and condition would be highlighted better and perhaps the customer would be forced to look at them before making any booking. With the above modification, there will not be any chance of mistakes or misunderstanding from the consumer point of view. I think in my case, making the cancellation within 20 minutes allows Priceline plenty of time to re-book the same room and if they did so (which I am sure was the case), then they could refund in full instead of partial?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Please stay away from Priceline! They are scammers & will do anything to take your money. DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THEM!!! I made a reservation for a hotel using Priceline; went to the hotel and they told they had no available room for me. I called Priceline to cancel & get my money back. Priceline refused to give me my money back; they told me it’s a firm policy. I ended up spending the night in my car because of Priceline. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THESE SCAMMERS.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

The funny thing, I was about to take a picture, but I did not. I booked a flight yesterday at 7 pm EST WEDS. When booking, it said I had until one day later to cancel - fine print: you can cancel until 11:29 pm EST Thursday (yes this is more than 24 hours...more like 28 hours). I went to cancel - that button magically disappeared...it is not even 11:29 EST in NYC now...it's only 8 pm. MISLEADING POLICY ON CANCELLATIONS!!!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I had made a hotel reservation using Priceline. When I reached to the hotel they said there are no rooms available. In fact they were not refunding the reservation amount. Then I called the Priceline customer care service. After a long wait hour I was connected to the agent. Then anyhow helped me cancelling the reservation and insured me that 120% of the amount will be refunded back to my account for this terrible service. Eventually I got my money back but that is only the amount which I had paid for the reservation. Priceline should not make fake assurance to the customers which they cannot fulfill.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I was first misled by their website trying to book an hotel with shuttle service called given a discount code to rent a car because of no shuttle service and the code doesn't work. Called back and told they can do nothing for me.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I tried booking a trip in March with Priceline. Total joke. After about 20 minutes of trying to find a good hotel to stay at, I found one and was on to booking flights. I found one I liked and after clicking on it and starting to enter my information, I received a pop up stating that the flight was booked and to pick another flight... Found another one and proceeded again to enter my info... already booked. Pick another... Tried about 8 times. I found one that finally worked and after entering my info, it told me that due to popular demand, the price has gone up (almost $500 bucks!). Sounds scandalous to me. Ended my search after that. Went with Expedia. Booked right away with no problems. Save yourself the hassle... Skip Priceline altogether.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Booked correctly and the confirmation had an extra letter in my name which I was charged $ to change. Terrible service... I spoke to two supervisors and they refused to do anything about this issue. This is terrible and don't recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Book a room at $70. Ended up paying a $114 for the stay. I was in the hotel industry so I understand convention in room rate taxes but all said and done Priceline paid the hotel $73. The rest was all profit to Priceline. I have called to complain several times. Was told it was escalated to executive customer service yet have not heard a word from them. Over a 60% profit margin.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I booked a hotel for 2 nights in Kissimmee through Priceline. The room I booked was for a Deluxe King Tower Room with a mini fridge and microwave. When I received my confirmation, it confirmed that I was booked for a standard room. I contact Priceline the same night and was told in house reservations was closed for the night and to call back the next morning. I called back and waited on hold for 10 minutes while the reservation specialist checked with the hotel and was disconnected. Called back and after holding for an additional 20 minutes was told that I was booked in a standard room but could pay to be upgraded when I checked in if a room was available or receive a refund in 5 days "depending on my bank". It took 5 minutes for Priceline to take the money from my account but it will be up to 5 days to receive it back after they cannot honor the room and the rate they had available on their website that I booked and paid for. Unbelievable.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Priceline only "estimates" the taxes and government fees. Then they overestimate and keep the difference. This way they can actually collect three times the amount they actually say they collect for a service fee. "The amount paid to the hotel in connection with your reservation for taxes may vary from the amount we estimate and include in the charge to you. The balance of the charge for Taxes and Fees is a fee we retain as part of the compensation for our services and to cover the costs of your reservation, including, for example, customer service costs." This is fraud. They lie and hide their own fees in official, government fees. I was told my fee to Priceline would be $5.66, but I found out they overestimated my tax and government taxes by more than $10.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

We had a large group going to California. Booked 2 hotel rooms and airline tickets through Priceline. I booked 2 rooms because we had 6 people going, so we get up to the hotel and our two rooms were 1 queen bed in each room. Fortunately the awesome staff at the hotel was able to accommodate us. I also picked a hotel that had park and fly. Yet when we checked about that, they told us it wasn't included in the price. We were supposed to get one free checked bag with our ticket, yet when we went to check in, we all were charged $30 PER BAG. They don't honor any of the things they promise, and it ends up costing you more in the end. Lesson learned Priceline. I will never use you again, and I will make sure no one else does either.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Operate very deceptively and some would say fraudulently. For factual example, I recently booked a "4.0 Star All Inclusive Hotel - Express Deal" for Puerto Vallarta for 5 nights in May 2018. I paid for it, received confirmation and decided to call the hotel to verify the reservation - good thing I did! The hotel (Sheraton Buganvilias Resort) informed me that this reservation was NOT made for an "all inclusive" stay - it was for room only. Priceline.com deceptively advertised as "All Inclusive", took my payment and would do nothing to clear this up when confronted.

There is zero doubt the Express Deal link was for an All Inclusive reservation and it looked like a great deal. Even though the "Express Deal" link and the "My Trips" summary (on my account on Priceline website) clearly states "All Inclusive" - the hotel says that is not what was reserved. We have a finger pointing match between hotel and Priceline.com and I am now the loser.

After multiple phone calls, I was finally able to get a refund. However, I had already made travel/flight arrangements. No apology... no compensation... no nothing. Very simply put... they bait and switch consumers... be careful, I will never use them again. Be warned..."Express Deals" are a way to fool the meek and timid. It would have been VERY shocking to show up at the Sheraton (in PV) in May 2018 to then find out my reservation was not "All Inclusive". Therefore, certainly better to know now, good thing I called. I cannot believe the lack of understanding and deceptive practices used at this large international travel company. STAY AWAY!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I bought two Air Canada tickets to Osaka from Priceline. Osaka airport was flooded due to the biggest typhoon in September and accordingly, our tickets should have been refunded. We didn't hear back from Priceline about whether they would refund / reschedule the ticket and Osaka was our first of many destinations. We contacted Air Canada and they said they can't do much but refund the tickets. They said they cannot refund us directly and must refund the money to the travel agency (Priceline). So we said ok. We contacted Priceline and they said they cannot help us because we contacted Air Canada. Then, they said their finance office will refund the money to us when they get the check. Now, Priceline took the check from Air Canada and deposited the check in 2nd week of October according to Air Canada. However, Priceline insists that they never found the check and cannot therefore refund us the money.

Every time we call them, they say they will speak to Air Canada, and then nothing happens. Eventually, I went to Amex to file dispute, and Amex says Priceline is not responding, but they will just credit us the money (I have Amex Platinum. Thank God). Lesson: Do not ever, ever, ever use Priceline (I travel really often and this was the worst experience ever).

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

Priceline's Website clearly stated the reservation could be cancelled within 24 hours, called and tried to cancel and was told their policy was one night's rate if cancelled within 72 hours of reservation, despite reserving <24 in advance. They make their money by hoping the consumer won't read the fine print, only the large print stating a half truth.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I had the exact same issue as the person (Andrew) just before me posted. Here is the exact post and the exact same problem we experienced except I booked in Halifax instead of Toronto: I looked over Toronto hotels online using the Google map and found that Priceline offered a price about $10 below the others. All prices were listed in Canadian funds. I selected Priceline and was re-directed to their site and still all prices were in Canadian funds. I filed out payment with a credit card and was sent a confirmation.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I looked over Toronto hotels online using the Google map and found that Priceline offered a price about $10 below the others. All prices were listed in Canadian funds. I selected Priceline and was re-directed to their site and still all prices were in Canadian funds. I filled out payment with a credit card and was sent a confirmation. Only after returning did I discover that they had charged me in US dollars rather than Canadian dollars, making it now about $60 more expensive than other online companies. I contacted Customer service and they forwarded me the contract copy where it does say I will be charged in USD. My complaint is that it was advertised for the same dollar amount clearly in Canadian currency. Even now if you go to their site from links they list prices at C$ that they then bill as USD for the same dollar amount. This is bad business practice if not illegal.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I had booked travel through Priceline and despite trying to cancel my reservations in advance and even talking to someone on the phone they claimed they could not do anything for me "just like other companies." They claimed they tried to get a hold of me but I have nothing. Do not waste your time, their customer support is worthless and everything seems to be your fault not theirs.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

No room to move about! Go around Bouncy Beds~ Queen/double. Twin sofa bed. Luggage "door" = getting to bathroom! Remote incompatible w/ TV. -5stars. Entirely not what I expected for my family! Not kid friendly!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

We were in Oklahoma City and our flight was cancelled last minute around 9:00 PM. So to ensure we had a place to stay for the night, I went to Priceline.com. As I am trying to book us a room, the room rate was listed at $70 per night. So as I am booking I notice when I go to pay the price is now $93 plus tax. So that late I booked it. Then when we get to the hotel, I find out their rate is $60 per night. So I say “lowest price guaranteed “ slogan is false advertising. I thought I was booking through hotels.com but somehow got switched to Priceline. My first and last experience with them. Do not trust this business!!! I would give them a negative one star but it won’t let me. Has to put one star. :(

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

My first time using this website. I use lots of different websites as I travel very often, and never had any issues. This website is problematic and if I may say scamish and I will explain to you why. I booked a last minute trip to Madrid last week and I got pretty much same prices as other website for this hotel called Eurostars Central. This is the thing: when I booked on Priceline, it gave me an option. "Limited offer for a room with terrace" for almost the same price as a double room, which I took.

When I got to the hotel, they didn't know anything about it, they basically scammed me to get a double room, under the impression that it was a bigger room with terrace. I ended up in a terrible room with a view to a wall. When I called Priceline, the only thing they told me to is to call Agoda which is a different company. Well, if I wanted to book from Agoda, a. why didn't you tell me upfront? b. don't you think if I wanted to get a price from Agoda, I'd call them directly. Anyways, useless company. Stay Away!

Priceline expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Priceline is a Connecticut-based company that helps travelers find discounted rates offered by a wide range of travel businesses, including hotels and airlines.

• Price negotiations: Priceline lets customers name their own prices for hotel rooms, rental cars and flights.

• Last-minute flights: Travelers can get extra discounts by booking last minute flights.

• Customer service: Priceline responds to customer service emails within 12 hours.

• Group discounts: Priceline can help groups get discounts including a free room for the group coordinator.

• Travel bundles: Bundling travel services through Priceline can give travelers extra discounts.

• Best for: International and domestic travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs