2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

3.7/5 (3677 ratings)

About Priceline

Priceline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?

Original review: May 6, 2021

Priceline is good but it lost its competitive edge when they stopped the bidding option. I use Priceline from habit but presumably they are no better than anyone of their competitors. It is probably best to search several to determine best deal and price.

Original review: May 5, 2021

Use them when I travel and hotels. I travel twice a month for business and I play travel softball. I get cheap flights and hotel rooms. It makes very easy and save money. Also told all my friends. They also have used priceline.com for their trips.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 4, 2021

I tried the multitude of travel places looking for the best rates on a hotel for my wife and son and I for our upcoming trip to Sc. in June. Priceline by far had the best rates, the most knowledgeable associates and answered every question I had about what there is to do there as well as if Parris Island was allowing visitors to tour the Marine Recruiting Base, (graduated Marine Boot Camp in Nov. 83). I give them an eleven stars out of 10 for helping me.

Original review: April 23, 2021

We rented a car through Priceline on a recent vacation to Florida. The car rental shuttle never picked us up at the end of the night and we had to sleep in the airport. The car rental place (Fox Rent A Car) double charged us for rental we never received on time. They refused to work it out with us, but Priceline got involved and arranged for us to get back double the amount the rental car owed us in a very quick amount of time. We will definitely use Priceline again but NOT Fox Rent a Car!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I have found Priceline to be a good company. They have handled my change in time for travel very well. The first time I needed a change, they did it well. With the continuing virus problem, I needed an extension for my travel plans. My one call for this extension was taken care of very smoothly/well. I would give them a great rating for handling my two extensions for travel. I could not have asked for a smoother experience. Thanks Priceline for your help two times.

Original review: June 17, 2021

I have used Priceline for years without issue however on my most recent car rental I booked their cheapest price. Within 24 hrs, my plans changed. I contacted them to cancel the reservation. Their fine print is "Zero Refund"! They unapologetically stole $435. This reservation is two weeks away and I booked it and attempted to cancel in less than 24 hrs. They flat out refused to care or help, even as it was passed up to management for further review. I will never use them again!

Original review: June 17, 2021

I purchased a round trip ticket on Priceline including hotel and the airline canceled the flight so all I got back was part on my money. They short me 108.00. When you call they're sending you back and forth. Be aware.

Original review: June 17, 2021

They are an online company that can take your money and keep it without providing any service and there is no one to call to help you. I booked a hotel and the hotel would not accept the itinerary. After a month of attempts and even an email from the hotel saying we did not stay I can’t get a refund. I think we now just stop fighting for justice rather than calling it out. It’s unbelievable.

Original review: June 16, 2021

My itinerary was changed which resulted in a 23 hour layover up from the original 1 1/2 layover. I could not talk with anyone because it was more than 7 days to my departure. Had to contact the airlines directly to come up with an alternate itinerary. If I waited to 7 days prior to departure, those options would likely not be available. There was no way to get past Priceline's robo system.

Original review: June 15, 2021

Priceline falsely promised to reduce the cost of my hotel reservation by $150 if I opened up a credit card account. When I filled out the credit card account information 4 times, each time Priceline failing to provide a link to submit or confirm, and each time sending me back to the reservation page to retype the same information over again, I just gave up and paid the full bill for the hotel. They (Priceline) confirmed my credit card application but now I have a credit card I don't need, a waste of several hours of my time, this lowers my very good credit rating, and I'm out the promised $150.

Priceline author review by ConsumerAffairs

Priceline is a Connecticut-based company that helps travelers find discounted rates offered by a wide range of travel businesses, including hotels and airlines.

• Price negotiations: Priceline lets customers name their own prices for hotel rooms, rental cars and flights.

• Last-minute flights: Travelers can get extra discounts by booking last minute flights.

• Customer service: Priceline responds to customer service emails within 12 hours.

• Group discounts: Priceline can help groups get discounts including a free room for the group coordinator.

• Travel bundles: Bundling travel services through Priceline can give travelers extra discounts.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team