2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.02/5

Priceline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I was trying to check in at 3pm, the hotel could not find my reservation nor confirmation number. Priceline put my reservation under my guest to check in. Kept trying to calling Priceline, auto system would hang up after saying a agent will call when you are next in line. That call did return until 9:34p. Also, I had to via chat with an agent for over an hour and finally she called the hotel at around 8pm to get everything taken care of because of they put my guest down and not me. So I was 5 hours away from home, and waited in the hotel parking lot from 3pm until about 8:20pm trying to get my room that was paid for a week in advance. The worst experience!!

Once I did receive the call back, the agent was rude & I tried to explain what happen, he told me there was no corporate number to call, then he said, "I’ll give you an email" and in the same breath saying, "Oh there’s not an email address to make your complaint so just go online and write a review." I said that does not accommodate me from the hassle I went through and couldn't get in my room from 3pm-8:20pm and not lay down until the wedding party I was suppose to attend and was not able to so my entire trip was pointly. The agent I spoke with via chat, apologize once on behalf of priceline. But she did let me know that the chats are screen recorded and documented, so I will find a way to make my complaint. Worst experience ever, I will never use priceline again!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

I made a car reservation for a trip I was going to take to California. The vacation rental I booked called and cancelled with me due to the recent Covid19 spike there. I went online to cancel my car reservation only to find out there was no way to cancel. I contacted Priceline and they said my reservation was non refundable. Nowhere on the original booking or the confirmation they sent me does it say non-refundable (I never would have booked if it had said that). They refused to refund my money even though it was due to Covid and said since it was after April 30 they were under no obligation to refund my money due to Covid. Like it's my fault there was another spike in virus cases right?! They refused to talk to me anymore about it and I was cut off. Never use this company. They will rip you off.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

Be aware when you book a reservation and change the currency between CA or US. It’s tricky as I choose a CA then I was charge in US at the end after I update my staying for longer time and I call them right away when I noticed that and finally they called back with, "We cannot do anything." Even the price was more than it should be than other ones so they said something in the advertising but they don’t follow with matching price too.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

I went on Priceline to reserve a motel for an upcoming trip. While researching motels I found one that fitted my family's needs. I chose the motel and room and saw there was three options as far as pricing goes. The three options were different in pricing, with the highest one stating I would be able to cancel my reservation up to the day before. I purchased the highest priced option for that very reason but when I received my email confirmation it states I cannot cancel. I called priceline and the representative stated there was no cancelation available on my reservation. I feel I have been taken by priceline and hope I have no emergencies that come up before my trip. Priceline lied and I will never use them for any of my travel needs again.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

Priceline uses or allows third party phone booking agents that advertise specials on the priceline website next to the hotel description. They tell you "We save you $9" but that is prior to their fees which are higher than the ones priceline charges on their website. So why would I knowingly book over the phone for an alleged discount that is eaten in the end by the higher fee of the third party company? I chatted with priceline customer service but they either dont understand or dont want to help. Called priceline customer phone number, nobody ever answers, waiting for call back. Asked for cancellation to rebook online myself. They refused to acknowledge that the third party did not disclose the amount of their fees to me prior to processing the booking.

Original review: July 30, 2020

We booked a rental car through Priceline as we planned to travel to Las Vegas in June to celebrate my sons 21st birthday. Being the planner that I am, the car was booked months prior to the planned trip. When COVID hit in March, I called Thrifty Rental Car to cancel the reservation. Thrifty Car Rental was great to work with! Agreed to cancel the reservation but said I would need to work thru Priceline, the booking entity, for my refund. Priceline refused to issue a refund despite the fact that Thrifty car rental authorized the same! The Priceline representative stated that Priceline was not giving any refunds on reservations otherwise nonrefundable despite the COVID Virus. Shame on you Priceline and I will never use Priceline again!!

Original review: July 27, 2020

I booked a hotel for 2 nights for 1 adult and 4 children. When I got the email it stayed 2 adults. I immediately called Priceline. The lady called the hotel and the owner said sorry they do not let 5 people stay in a room. So I asked do I get a refund since I just booked the hotel and they said no I would be charged for the total amount and there was nothing they could do even though the error happened on their end. I called the hotel owner myself and they stated I could pay 20 extra dollars and all of us could stay there. Priceline was no help at all. Will not use them again.

Original review: July 27, 2020

Priceline and Budget are ridiculous! A family wedding was cancelled in August due to COVID. EVERYONE credited me for cancelling - United Airline, VRBO, but Priceline and Budget say... sorry. It was a non-refundable reservation. True, but that was before anyone heard of COVID. HAVE THEY HEARD OF COVID? I will NEVER use either of these companies again and I hope you do not either. Their lack of empathy given a global pandemic is unheard of... SHOCKING!

Original review: July 26, 2020

We planned a trip for my son's baseball tournament. When we receive the tournament schedule, we were not playing as many days as we thought. I tried to cancel one night and they would not allow any changes and although I was calling on Sunday for a Thursday check in, they still charged me stating it wasn’t enough notice. Not helpful at all, would never use again.

Original review: July 26, 2020

After a 30-minute chat session and a 40 minute phone conversation the company completely refused to honor the deal with me that I had already purchased. Refused a refund and refuse to fix the problem in any way, shape or form. The hotel owner was very polite in describing the error on Priceline website that they still offer after my issue was brought to their attention. Even the coupon codes that they give me for their website do not work and are not honored by them!

I have left a similar review on the Google Play store and are headed to the Better Business Bureau after this. On the Consumer Affairs website I have seen over two weeks of 1-star reviews from dozens of people in relation to Priceline as well! The hotel owner has specifically offered me a better deal if I go to him directly rather than the website! AVOID PRICELINE AT ALL COSTS!

Priceline author review by ConsumerAffairs

Priceline is a Connecticut-based company that helps travelers find discounted rates offered by a wide range of travel businesses, including hotels and airlines.

• Price negotiations: Priceline lets customers name their own prices for hotel rooms, rental cars and flights.

• Last-minute flights: Travelers can get extra discounts by booking last minute flights.

• Customer service: Priceline responds to customer service emails within 12 hours.

• Group discounts: Priceline can help groups get discounts including a free room for the group coordinator.

• Travel bundles: Bundling travel services through Priceline can give travelers extra discounts.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team