3.01/5
Based on 2,680 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a travel site?

Priceline

Looking for a travel site?

Priceline Reviews

Original review: June 26, 2019

I purchased an Express Hotel Deal for July 4 and the rate was $93. That same Express Hotel Deal for the same date is now $72. I've spoken to customer service and the explanation I'm getting is ludicrous. Best Price Guarantee states that if you book an Express Deal and you find the same itinerary at a lower price, you get 200% of the difference back.

"Price must be in the same currency, using the same form of payment and from the same point of sale as your original reservation when you call us. The lower price must be an exact match to the itinerary booked on priceline.com, including offering of a comparable cancellation policy. Additional restrictions apply*." "How to Match: Hotels: same hotel, check-in and check-out dates, number of rooms, room type including bedding and view selection". According the customer service, the rate they guarantee does not apply to Express Deals yet that contradicts their advertising. If you book an Express Deal how can the hotel be matched, seems like Priceline is trying to backpedal on the policy by it not being 100% clear.

Original review: June 12, 2019

After reading so many horrible reviews about Priceline, I was skeptic on using them. So far so good. I called the hotel and airlines DIRECTLY to confirm my seat through Priceline and they had my reservations even though I didn't register direct and I went through Priceline. I'm not sure how people have so many problems with Priceline? I always make sure I know I'm going on the trip and I quadruple check that nothing comes up on the dates where I know I'm taking a trip that costs a lot so I don't have to go through the hassle of getting refunds (in case they don't refund me). I always call the hotel and airlines directly to triple check everything and I received an e-mail from Priceline to check-in. They didn't automatically cancel my reservations without my permission. I don't know why people have so many problems with Priceline!

Save yourself the hassle of making sure your credit card and banking number went through before you arrive to said hotel and are surprised you don't have a room. You should have had a receipt e-mailed to you confirming your reservation before you arrived. It's not Priceline's fault for some people's incompetence of making sure their reservations are correct. When looking for a hotel near my event, I had a choice between a very cheap motel type place or a more reputable place. I saved more money for the nicer hotel to ensure I'd have proper reservations. It seems that people have hotel reservation issues when they pick sketchy hotel places at one star rates.

I heard car rental can be an issue so I'm not renting a car. I'm taking Uber just to save myself the trouble of being surprised of getting a beat down truck when I thought I'd get a working four door car. I also don't go to sketchy remote places where there are no ways to triple check my reservations. However, even if a customer made a mistake, I hope Priceline has improved their customer service. I know before they didn't have that great of a customer service. I just hope I don't have to call customer service so I make sure everything is good for my trip so I don't have to call customer service to begin with. So far so good. I leave for my flight this afternoon and had reserved my seat. The hotel said they will have my room ready for tomorrow when I arrive. If this trip goes smoothly, I will use Priceline for future travels.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 7, 2019

In a recent three-day trip to New York, I decide at the last minute to rent a car, and in my search for rentals at La Guardia Airport and after several searches, Priceline came across with some the best deals in New York, that quickly I made my car selection and reservation and pre-paid the total, including auto rental insurance for $11 a day. Little to know and to my surprise, when I arrive at Hertz car rentals at La Guardia Airport, my reservation was for Newark airport, at the other end of the city. Hertz customer service people were friendly and helpful but unable to switch my reservation. I called Priceline and after several calls on hold, over ten minutes each, in addition, my wife was communicating with customer service via chat line with no tangible results.

At the end I gave up, and we decided on taking a Uber ride to the hotel, and after seeing the incredible traffic jams, it was smart to take an Uber ride and get to the hotel and continue my call with Priceline, as at this time I just wanted to cancel my reservation. After several communications after that, Priceline decide to cancel my reservation and refund me all of the money. I am grateful that Priceline did the right thing even though the reservation was not refundable or exchangeable, thank you Priceline! -Omar

Original review: May 30, 2019

My reservation is still over 3 months away, but things were booking up so fast that I had to get my booking done. I often use the Priceline website Express Deals to book rooms as there is some excitement in finding out what hotel you end up getting. The only drawback is that you must prepay and can't cancel. I guess that's the chance you're taking in saving a great deal. Another bonus was that if I booked on my cellphone, I received an extra percentage off.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Priceline employee actually took the time to look for a good price hotel for me. When I called HotelPlanner they said there is nothing in the area for a better price. A room for one night was 211 with HotelPlanner, the girl on the phone said there is no better prices. I called Priceline. They found me a hotel 100 dollars less than the HotelPlanner price. I will never use HotelPlanner. I will only use Priceline.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I was traveling by road six hours with my dog and needed an affordable pet-friendly hotel. I searched for a pet-friendly hotel and prepaid for a Marriott Courtyard that’s amenities include Priceline website included pet-friendly. Around 1am after 6 hours in the car an attendant tells me before I even enter the hotel that dogs are not allowed. I call Priceline for help. They tell me it’s my own fault for not reading fine print saying nothing is guaranteed and refuse to help me. Devastated I have to scramble in the middle of the night after a long car trip for other options less the $58 deal that added up to $93 with all their fees. Their “customer service” agent was right about one thing, it is my fault. It is my fault I chose to trust Priceline. Never again. It’s not a deal with this huge inconvenience, all their fees, and having to pay for a second hotel last minute.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

First experience with Priceline. My mother booked a room through Priceline and accidentally said Saturday the 20th to the representative. She was looking at an old calendar and Saturday was actually the 19th. She called back 5 minutes later and was told there was nothing that could be done to modify and no refunds. My mother who is not very tech savvy, made an honest mistake and immediately tried to rectify the problem.

I called on her behalf and after nearly 45 minutes I finally got someone who could cancel the reservation. I simply needed to drive over to the hotel and call Priceline back with a name and position of someone at the hotel that would authorize the refund. Seemed ridiculous to me, but I did it. Hopefully my mother will see the refund. Fortunately the Hotel booked me a room at a much better price due to the hassle of dealing with Priceline.

I asked at the end of my last call if I could talk to someone at Priceline about the customer service and the rep basically hung up on me. So I went online and got some other Priceline customer service numbers and found that it is impossible to get a real person on the phone. They hide behind an elaborate phone tree that will suck the life out of you. I would have even paid a fee to modify. Or canceled and booked again with Priceline. This seems like a dying business that has zero interest in capturing and maintaining customer relationships. For what it's worth. I don't write reviews. This is my first ever. But as a small business owner, I can not believe the way my mother was treated by this organization.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

If you make a mistake, you'll pay dearly with all of their penalties. They have no compassion. I was booking a flight for my uncle's funeral and made an error in selecting return date. They could care less that I made a mistake and wanted to charge me to cancel the flight.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

When I started it said free cancelation, no credit card needed for the reservation. However, when I try to make the reservation, a credit card was needed. Second, after making the reservation, my situation change and I needed the car one day earlier but was told that there are restrictions on the reservation, no changes allow and that my card was already charged and there is no refund allow. There was nothing that could be done.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

Got a car rental for $99 from Priceline, when we arrived at the location listed on the Priceline website and on our itinerary it was the incorrect address. Was told to go to the MCO airport to pickup the car, only to be told we can't pick it up because it was listed under the first location's address (wrong location). So all in all we never got a car from them. Contacted their customer service only to be refunded $49 because they took out a cancellation fee! When in reality it was all due to their mistakes and we never cancelled the car. This place is ridiculous. I suggest never shopping with them!

Priceline expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Priceline is a Connecticut-based company that helps travelers find discounted rates offered by a wide range of travel businesses, including hotels and airlines.

• Price negotiations: Priceline lets customers name their own prices for hotel rooms, rental cars and flights.

• Last-minute flights: Travelers can get extra discounts by booking last minute flights.

• Customer service: Priceline responds to customer service emails within 12 hours.

• Group discounts: Priceline can help groups get discounts including a free room for the group coordinator.

• Travel bundles: Bundling travel services through Priceline can give travelers extra discounts.

• Best for: International and domestic travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs