3.23/5
Based on 2,622 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a travel site?

3599 Priceline Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I took my parents on an airboat tour. We looked on Groupon, and saw the deals for the larger companies, but I wanted something a little different and less mainstream tourist (if that is at all). Great services and great flight bookings services. Reserve your tickets and get awesome deals.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Priceline employee actually took the time to look for a good price hotel for me. When I called HotelPlanner they said there is nothing in the area for a better price. A room for one night was 211 with HotelPlanner, the girl on the phone said there is no better prices. I called Priceline. They found me a hotel 100 dollars less than the HotelPlanner price. I will never use HotelPlanner. I will only use Priceline.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

We booked a complete package with Priceline but the day before we left we noticed that our flights took us to Portland Maine but the hotel was in Portland Oregon. We got on the phone to Priceline and they could not have been more accommodating. Priceline came through and booked us an even better hotel and all the trappings that went with it. BIG SHOUT OUT TO PRICELINE FOR MAKING OUR TRIP MEMORABLE.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I wanted to write a review about my Priceline experience. I had travel plans and then I had an emergency come up. The woman in customer service did such a fantastic job helping me with the situation. I believe they went above and beyond to help me resolve a difficult situation. I would definitely use Priceline anytime again.

Original review: July 24, 2018

When I had to cancel the additional insurance on a rental the money was immediately returned to my credit card. This increased my trust in Priceline. I have been a Priceline customer for several years and they have never let me down. I recommend this service to anyone who ask about an easy to use booking service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?

Original review: May 22, 2019

I have always made travel arrangements with Priceline, and did not know that I will get the worst customer service experience. I made a hotel reservation for April 26th to 28th, 2019 through Priceline for Red Roof Inn. Based on some situations I had with the hotel, they gave me a credit of 53 dollars and 3 cents. The funds went to the Mastercard Priceline used for the reservation. I called Priceline on May 14th, 2019. They had a long call hold. I was hung up on. When I finally got an agent, he told me that they will contact the hotel and get back to me in 3 to 5 days. I waited till today May 22, and I called back. They have not done anything about it. The Agent I spoke with tonight called Ashley only said she can provide me with a case number. I have done many reservations with Priceline for so many years, I did not know that they have no respect for their customers. I am very disappointed. This is a shame.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Every time I call the hotel, they could not find the reservation. I called Priceline 8 times. Each time they say they are contacting Hotelbeds, their partner for the reservation but no result. Priceline customer service member tells me they will call me back. But no result. My credit card was charged.

Original review: May 21, 2019

This was my first ever cruise and after searching for a bit, I booked a honeymoon cruise for my wife and I through Priceline. Priceline was offering an amazing $2000 onboard credit promotion that lined up perfectly after we got married. This was my first time ever booking through Priceline so I tried to read everything as carefully as possible and follow their directions. About 25 days before the cruise departs, I finally get my registration from the official cruise line and get checked in on their official website. I thought that was all I needed to do because Priceline emails out a checklist of things to do. After registration, the next thing on the checklist Priceline sends out is to book shore excursions. I rest on this for a few days and discuss with my fiance (at the time) what she would like to do on the cruise. We are both super excited, and can't wait to go.

I check back to start looking for shore excursions and start wondering.. "Am I able to use my $2000 onboard credit towards these shore excursions??". I start looking around, and on the Priceline website it states that onboard credits cannot be used on shore excursions and only strictly on thing onboard the cruise. That's understandable, but then I start looking looking to book a spa day on the cruise and notice that I don't see anywhere on the website that states I have $2000 onboard credits to even use!! I go back to the Priceline website and start searching in the FAQs again. In the deepest part of their website, I found a link that requires me to submit a form for my onboard cruise credits and it needs to be approved. Oh, and the best part is that it needs to be submit 21 days before the cruise departs!

By now it is already 18 days before the cruise. I remember how my heart sank, and I started looking through all of my emails to see if I missed something. No emails stated that I needed to submit a request form for the onboard credits, and now I'm hoping after I am still able to submit this form and get the credits for the trip. I submit the form, and I receive a basic confirmation email saying, "Thank you for submitting the request form, you will see your onboard credits 10 days before the cruise." I wait until 10 days before the cruise, and still don't see anything on either websites stating I have these credits. I finally call up Priceline and they explain to me how they can't do anything since it's past 21 days, and how they need that time to transfer those credits onto my account.

The best they can do is reimburse me $100 max after the cruise to put back into my card.. I lost out on $2000 onboard credits to use, and the best they could do is reimburse $100 after the cruise. I asked if we could get a room upgrade or even a beverage plan, but the rep said they didn't have that ability. As a result of all of this, the honeymoon was very sad onboard because we had very little money after our wedding to spend onboard the cruise. We were banking on those onboard credits to allow for a great time! Everything was super expensive, and a big part of me just wishes I had those $2000 to use on a extra spa day or go to a specialty restaurant without financial worries. Now I am waiting 4-6 weeks to get my $100 back. I just wished there was clear communication that I needed to submit a form to receive my onboard credits. But it seems like Priceline doesn't care, and as a result a potentially amazing trip was not so amazing.

Original review: May 20, 2019

Stay away from Booking, Priceline, Agoda, Kayak, Cheapflights, Rentalcars, Momondo, and OpenTable. They are all own by the same corrupt company. Booked my trip package (hotel and flights) thru Priceline and it started a nightmare from day one. They book my flights and charge my credit card for my flights only and then transfer my credit card info to Booking to reserve the hotel. Next morning I was contacted by Booking telling me that the hotel can not charge my card and they needed me to send them or the hotel the CVC code on my card. Contacted Priceline as I was confused with the fact that Booking was asking for my credit card CVC. Priceline explained that they use Booking for hotels and told me I have to fix it with them.

Updated my CC information with Booking and also tried to contact the hotel on the phone number provided, no answer, left message and phone number but nobody called, then I send a email to the hotel thru Booking with my CVC number only. Called my CC company and letting them know about the upcoming international charge which they said was not even intended yet, but they will authorize once it comes to them. Next morning I get one more email from Booking telling me that my CC info is invalid and they will cancel my hotel if I don't provide a valid CC number. Updated once again my CC and CVC numbers on their website and called Priceline who only transfers me to Booking. Talked to someone and explained the whole situation and he guaranteed me he will take care of it so they won't bother me no more.

Next morning I get another email from Booking saying that my hotel reservation got cancelled. Now I am furious with the whole situation. Contacted Priceline again, they transferred me to Booking who told me there is nothing they can do about it. I asked to be transfer back to Priceline and explained the whole thing again and asked them to cancel the whole package trip after being on hold and transferred around a few times I got disconnected.

Called back explained again, got transferred a couple more time and they end up telling that cancelling the flight will cost me $200.00 per person, $800.00 total since I am cancelling after 24 hours, asked them to pay the cancelation fees themselves since they were the ones who cancel my hotel but they refused. Do yourself a favor, take my advice and once you know what is the best prices, book your flight and hotel separately and straight from the airline and hotel website respectively. You might save more money and headache in case of anything going wrong.

Original review: May 18, 2019

Didn't realize they were charging me $278 for a hotel listed on their own site for $191. Partly my mistake for not checking every possible outcome as well as I could but I immediately contacted customer service and they said they would not change it or even just lower it to their advertised price which was already more than some other sites. I used them in past and got a couple good deals but the last couple years the deals have been so so at best and now that they totally screwed me I will never be booking with or recommending them again.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I had a paid reservation in Washington DC that was not honored by the hotel. At the time of booking the hotel had notified Priceline that the reservation would not be honored but I was not notified by Priceline nor was I credited for the reservation. Customer Service kept me on the phone for 2 hours trying to figure this out and looking for alternate lodging. Ultimately, they left me in DC with no place to stay. I ended up finding a hotel to stay at the last minute at twice the cost and over an hour away. Ultimately wasting 4 hours of my time and missing out on a business dinner. Priceline offered to reimburse my reservation fee plus $75 for the inconvenience. This doesn’t even make me whole on my out of pocket costs let alone my time. Stay away from these clowns.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I went to pick a room that stated you pay at check in and they would charge account the day of. I was charged full amount over 500 for room. It said pay amount later for. I tried to contact customer service and got run around on phone. I then chatted with customer service on Priceline.com and she said, "I'm sorry about that. We can refund amount. In 10 business you will get it". I told her why am I being charged at all and now I have to wait for money that should've not been taken. Every time I would ask why I was charged she kept saying, "I'm sorry. Anything else I can help you with". So unsatisfied with not getting questions answered, being charged with wait of refund, and false advertising. Do not use them.

Original review: May 15, 2019

On March 3, 2019, I was browsing the Priceline site to analyze prices for an upcoming anniversary/birthday trip to Charleston. I normally wait until closer to the time for me to travel and do an Express Deal or Name Your Own Price using the app downloaded to my phone, but I noticed the Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston Airport had a “Pay Later” option. I discussed with my husband, who likes to stay at Embassy Suites, and realized it was a no brainer, so I booked my trip for Saturday May 4, 2019-Monday May 6, 2019 and my card was not charged.

On Wednesday 3-13, I was advised I needed to be in Dallas on Monday May 6 for a work event, I spoke with my husband to make sure he would be ok if I altered our dates for Charleston. Once I was home I went to the Priceline site trying to alter the dates, realized I needed to cancel and reserve again. The site was still showing the Embassy as “pay later”, when I looked today (Thursday 3/14/2019) it still shows the same thing, so I reserved for Friday May 3, 2019-Sunday May 5, 2019.

I admit, I didn’t read the terms and agreement because I successfully booked two weeks ago for the same hotel using my phone app, BOY WAS I WRONG!! I received an email this morning from my bank of the charge and was LIVID!!! I called Priceline’s customer service at 6 am this morning (3/14/2019) trying to get an explanation of what happened? How was I able to successful book a “pay later” two weeks ago but unable to do so last night? No one could explain, I spoke with three different agents, but all did was kept advising that I could not get a refund and they could send me a copy of my contract. The last person I spoke with even had the nerve to state they could cancel my reservation, but I still would not get a refund, WHAT SENSE DOES THAT MAKE????

I filed a BBB complaint and Priceline couldn’t explain to me how this happened, why this happened all they kept stating was I accepted the terms and conditions and that I should have selected the pay at hotel option which wasn’t even there. I even booked (with my cash app card) the same hotel a 3rd since it still showed pay later, there was no pay at the hotel or pay later option as advised by PL but it did book as a pay later. I didn’t want a refund because I would have to pay the price anyway, although I wasn’t ready at that time, but I did want PL to at least apologize and let me know what I did the 2nd time and why it booked as pay at that moment and that didn’t happen the 1st or 3rd time. I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!! I’ve deleted my app and unsubscribed from all emails.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I booked a car rental through Kayak and they redirected me to Priceline. I had two options: 1. To rent at a regular price with no obligation. 2. To rent for just $2 less per day if I pre-paid. I chose option #2. When my business trip was cancelled, just a few hours later, Priceline wouldn't refund my money. They said that there was a notice that I wouldn't be able to cancel when I made my reservation but I never saw it. They really emphasized that I was getting the minor discount for paying in advance and hid the fact that I was getting the discount because it was non-refundable. It feels like a total bait and switch because if I had just made a normal reservation without any obligation for two dollars more none of this would have been an issue. I feel like they suckered me intentionally. It's really disgraceful. Oh, and by the way, they kept me on hold for 20 minutes while I was trying to get someone to echat with. I will certainly NEVER use Priceline ever again!

Original review: May 14, 2019

Hi, I never booked any car rental from Priceline. I saw email from Priceline that my car is booked for a trip a day before they booked car for me. I am not sure how did they find out my travel dates probably because I was searching hotels and car rentals for the dates on internet and I might have looked into Priceline as well. They just booked the car on their own. Thankfully, my credit card information on the file in Priceline account was expired and I was not charged. Don’t make Priceline account and leave your credit card information. They booked my reservation with expired card information. IT’S A BIG SCAM.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I WILL NEVER USE PRICELINE AGAIN. I was having an issue with my room booking in a foreign country and NONE of the customer service numbers from the Dominican Republic to Priceline worked. I felt alone and stranded and the hotel did nothing at all to accommodate me. The issue STILL is (almost a month since the vacation) that I paid for an Oceanfront Superior Room and was told by the hotel that Priceline.com used another agency (Agoda) which booked my room incorrectly as a downgraded Superior Room.

I had no contact at all because I was not even provided the Wifi that I paid for with the Oceanfront Superior Room. Priceline.com customer service claims that they have not been able to get in contact with the hotel to verify this. However, they should have access to what Agoda booked in the system if it is their partner. They have done absolutely nothing to help me. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME with this useless booking agency. I have called literally dozens of times, ruining my entire vacation and even ruining my return back home.

Original review: May 14, 2019

BEWARE!!!! DO NOT BOOK AIR WITH THESE SCAMMERS! They suck you in with a good price and schedule and after you pay they will change your schedule! They will offer you a next day flight or a redeye or a schedule that is hours different. They blame it on the airline but will not eat the added cost that they try to gouge you with to get a schedule close to the original schedule or price!!

Original review: May 14, 2019

Customer service is NOT there to help you! Don't even bother to browse their site because if you hit the wrong button, you have a non-refundable reservation and customer service will not help you. Other travel sites are customer friendly but Priceline is not.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Purchased a package of air/hotel/car when notified by Priceline an air flight change being earlier than booked. They advised to call car rental company (Avis) to make change for earlier pickup. Avis advised Priceline could change, they couldn't. Priceline rep advised would not change; that we would either have to wait the 3 hours before pickup of car or pay extra for those hours. Will NEVER use Priceline again.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I specifically looked for a car rental located at the Orlando International Airport terminal so we could quickly drop off the car to make an early morning flight. I skipped over all the cheaper "shuttle to airport" options to rent a car located at the airport, but after I paid for the car, I saw on the receipt that the car was not located at the airport and a shuttle was required. I was not able to cancel or change my reservation, even after speaking to a "manager."

Original review: May 10, 2019

Do not, I repeat DO NOT do business with these people (if you can even call it a business). I can't believe they are in operation. Their 'customer service' is borderline scamming people. This is all due to a name change, we already pay a cost for fees on the name change then they magically come up with a price out of thin air for the flights change, the same flights we are looking at on both Priceline AND the airline for the same dates but they can't tell me why they are changing more, likely pocketing the extra.

They are operating unethically, every representative quoted 'mistakes' and mis-quotes in costs, ultimately spoke to 'manager' who couldn't tell me why rebooking a flight through them due to a name change cost more than the airline was quoting, but at this point I guess it was my own fault for making the mistake in the first place. They told me the price for the flight was a 'locked in price' Which begs the question why would you do business with them? You simply wouldn't. Never again.

I will make sure to warn people. Keep well away, don't let the low costs fool you, there is a huge reason why. If you ever have the misfortune of talking to customer services, they are incompetent and can't even do basic math, pretty important when we are spending thousands of dollars on flights and hotels. I made the mistake of taking business here, I won't ever again. If you have no choice but to talk to them keep on your toes and make sure that if you are told a price DO NOT trust it.

If you're still undecided remember that Priceline does not include resort fees in their bidding and fails to mention this until likely it's too late, so their low price is somewhat misleading, along with hiring wikipr to subvert Wikipedia content for business interest, it's these 'shady' practices that remind me that it's always a good idea to do homework first. Clearly I fell into the trap, never again.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I booked a hotel room and it said on the pricing page that it has a "flexible" cancel policy. It turned out it is not flexible at all. If you cancel, you would have to pay one night's fee. It is very tricky and dishonest.

Original review: May 8, 2019

ROUTES Car Rental did not provide any car as per contract. Priceline Itinerary # **, a car was booked for ORD and paid for. When I landed up at 3 AM, I was told that no cars were available and that only a truck is available. As I had to travel to West Lafayette (125 miles away), I declined. When I approached Priceline customer service, I was told that I have to take the truck or otherwise I will be charged the full amount. This is pure blackmailing. Instead of offering a solution or an alternate booking, the supervisor simply resorted to blackmailing. I had to do an alternate reservation on my own.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Priceline advertise the hotel room with cancelation option for a premium price. It ended up being super expensive rate for NOT FREE CANCELATION BOOKING with no changeable options. The worst booking experience I've had. When booking with Priceline be super careful and read the small print, bc. Priceline advertise more convenient terms that they really are.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I booked a car rental specifically at FLL airport and even looked at the map they displayed for this car which goes the terminal. As soon as I hit submit it gave an address away from the airport that requires a shuttle which I did not choose. Their website is giving false information to get people to book. Horrible customer service and tries to act dumb on the phone. NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I booked through Priceline and the room was just ok, nothing special, my biggest complaint was the bed, it was spongy and probably the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on. The sheets didn't even fit the bed correctly, and for 180 dollars a night I expect a more comfortable bed. This location sacrificed and bought the cheapest mattress they could. I will never go back. Employees were very nice and accommodating, they were the reason this place is so highly rated. So if you want to be treated really nice and can sleep on a bed where the sheets don't fit the bed then this is your place.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Rented a car for a week and they charged me for 2 weeks, the rental car company charged me $200 and Priceline kept $400. That's a 200% markup. After several calls they told me there was nothing they will do to change the amount.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I booked a hotel on Priceline. My plans changed - I no longer needed the hotel. When I booked it said free cancellations. I called to cancel they told me they couldn't cancel my reservation. I will never use Priceline again and I'm telling everyone I know about my experience. Over 145 dollars really??? Priceline you're the worst.

Original review: May 6, 2019

In April this year, I booked the hotel in NY with Priceline, for my family of 4 - two adults and two kids, both 6 yrs old. I got an Express Deal, which doesn't give you a lot of details, just number of stars, rough location, amenities, etc. By default, express deals means you're getting the room for two, but, as it was clearly stated on the booking page that "two children under 13 years are staying free of charge when using existing beds" I decided to book. Just in case, I took a screenshot with these conditions. In the confirmation I got, only 2 adults room capacity was mentioned, so I decided to call the hotel and confirm. Hotel said they can't accommodate us all in the same room, and I will need to book extra room for kids (+ ~500 dollars).

I called Priceline, and spend around 3 hours with various support representatives and escalation managers who repeated the same mantra - "your booking is noncancelable and nonchangeable," and there nothing they can do to resolve my situation. They were not willing to hear and understand that my booking decision was based on the misleading and plain wrong information THEY have provided. Finally, I was lucky to get through to department head who, after conversation with the hotel, agreed to make a "one time exception" and cancel my booking. This was absolute WORST customer experience I ever had. Needless to say, I will NEVER use their service again. PLEASE BE AWARE and use Express deals at your own risk - you may not be as lucky as me today.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I’m reviewing Priceline, not the hotel. Rarely do I book through third party. Last week I booked through Priceline. When I called the hotel after I booked to confirm, they did have my reservation. When I got there this past weekend to Nashville, the hotel could not find it anywhere because the Priceline had cancelled it. When I called Priceline, it was actually through their “sister company” Agoda. So basically you’re booking through a third party’s, third party. Long story short, I was stuck in another state with no reservations. All hotels were booked that evening, due to the huge event...which fiasco almost made me late to the event.

When I called Agoda, all they could say was, “Sorry. Your money is routing back to you in 7-10 business days.” Of course their customer service was in another country. So basically, I was out money double this past weekend. I mean WHAT IF I didn’t have funds for another hotel room? All sorts could have happened. I would have just been stuck in another city. We had to search the city to find another reservation. The hotel there that the reservation was canceled stated they always tell customers not to book thru third party. They see this happen all the time. I mean just to save couple $10 is not worth the headache.

Priceline expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Priceline is a Connecticut-based company that helps travelers find discounted rates offered by a wide range of travel businesses, including hotels and airlines.

• Price negotiations: Priceline lets customers name their own prices for hotel rooms, rental cars and flights.

• Last-minute flights: Travelers can get extra discounts by booking last minute flights.

• Customer service: Priceline responds to customer service emails within 12 hours.

• Group discounts: Priceline can help groups get discounts including a free room for the group coordinator.

• Travel bundles: Bundling travel services through Priceline can give travelers extra discounts.

• Best for: International and domestic travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs