2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.02/5

Priceline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

On Sept 3, 2020, I placed a new reservation for a car. My bank card was charged but the new reservation was not present in my account nor did I receive any confirmation email from Priceline. I called Priceline customer service and was automatically told I would get a call back due to the several hour extreme wait and delay. I did get a call back after approximately 4 hours (I went through this 3 times!!!) with the representative calling from what the accent was from the Philippines. They never helped as they had could see my information including the new reservation for the car. I asked to speak with their technical support representative but they just hung up. I'm so incredulously upset. Priceline hides behind a wall of horrible offshore rude support and never fixed my profile or reservation. Priceline fix your system now!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

If I could give them a negative amount stars I would. Got denied boarding due to the pandemic. Called them as soon as it happened and they have been making me go back and forth between the airline and them because each one says the other handles the refund. I refused to keep going back and forth and stuck with calling Priceline because they are the booking agency so why wouldn’t they handle the refund. The airline even left them detailed instructions in the reservation notes about how to go through processing a refund with them and they still are pretending that they can’t do it. Just a bunch of scam artists.

I’ve been calling them since July 1st, the day of my flight, and they keep telling me to wait a month for the request to go through. And when I call back they tell me that the last person “forgot” to send the request or something stupid like that. Shady company. Never ever do business with them. As I’m typing this right now I’ve been on hold for an hour.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

So- I live in Kansas City, MO. Back in March 2020 I booked a hotel through Priceline in Munich, Germany for Oktoberfest. As we all know, within the next month, COVID happened and a) Oktoberfest was cancelled and b) Americans can’t even get into Europe as of this moment (9/2/20). I called Priceline MULTIPLE times since April to see what could be done. I’ll say here that I booked a “non refundable” room initially, never expecting a GLOBAL PANDEMIC that would prevent travel into said country of booking. Had I CHOSEN to not go, I’d have absolutely been ready to eat over $1000 in hotel charges, BUT, I have NO CHOICE in the matter.

So I call priceline asking to change dates or get a refund, due to COVID, at which time I’d just turn around and rebook for next year. Because, hopefully, this mess will be done by next year. NOPE. Priceline would not work with me, instead blaming the hotel (Hilton), who I also contacted, and who said it was up to Priceline. The last call I made tonight was to Priceline, who basically told me “whatever- we will not help you further” and HUNG UP on me..

Even if I do NOT get my dates changed or a refund due to COVID, I’m telling you, I’ll NEVER use this site again and I’d advise anyone else to not consider it either. I’m waiting on a direct reply from Hilton within the next week. Moving forward I’ll NEVER use Priceline again. And, of course, I’ll be sharing this info with EVERYONE I know.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

Even though I booked rental through Priceline, Priceline didn’t help a bit with the cancellation. They referred me to Sixt Car Rental. Sixt phone message preamble said to email them. So I did. Waiting for a reply. Never again will I book with Sixt or Priceline. Both companies hard to deal with. Headache. Both websites are ridiculous too.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

Priceline has been giving me the run around since April 2020. My flight was changed by the airline to August do Covid (obviously). Then one month later the airline (FINNAIR), canceled the flight all together. They said we could not fly to London or Finland. Finnair authorized a refund. I called Priceline about the refund and they told me to call Finnair. I called Finnair and they told me to call Priceline. I have called more than 6X and their customer service agents are useless! They read a script. However, I had one agent that SAW THAT FINNAIR Authorized the refund and told me that she would email her supervisor. Then SHE TOLD ME TO CALL FINNAIR. I bought the ticket from PRICELINE, THEY SHOULD BE THE ONE TO REFUND IT!!

I called Priceline yesterday (AGAIN) and the automated system told me that I would get a call back in 2 hours. They called me 7 hours later at MIDNIGHT and the agent was, useless an she told me to call Finnair!!! So after not getting any sleep....I called Finnair at 5am and was told to call PRICELINE! THIS IS MADNESS!!!! I AM NOT HAPPY! Priceline is SHADY and trying to keep my money. I'll take a credit. BUT FOR GAWD SAKES YOU CAN'T KEEP MY MONEY, THAT IS STEALING!!! I am disgusted!!!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

On Saturday, August 22, 2020, I attempted to place an order for a hotel reservation with Priceline.com at La Quinta Inn and Suites in Moreno Valley, CA. After entering my debit card information, the Priceline.com website redirected me to a web page that stated that the deal that I was attempting to reserve had expired (mind you I had been on the site for a maximum of 15 minutes total). I checked with my bank shortly thereafter and there was no charge pending or showing, so I thought that the transaction had been cancelled. I decided against ordering anything further from Priceline.

Then on Monday, August 24, I checked my online bank statement and found a charge for $145.77 for the reservation (Priceline Trip Number **) that their own website said was cancelled. I never even attempted to redeem the reservation because I thought it was cancelled. I called Priceline and eventually spoke with a supervisor who said that they couldn't refund my money even after I explained that I received the aforementioned notice that the room wasn't available at the end of the booking process. I have since noted that many customers have had similar experiences with the Priceline.com website. After so many complaints of this type Priceline.com must know that its website malfunctions like this at times, yet they disavow any such knowledge and accept no responsibility for the fact that customers are being BILLED like this.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

I rarely have had to post a negative review, but due to the horrible customer experience I have encountered I feel the need to forewarn people especially during these difficult times. I booked a bundle Vegas trip and the person I was suppose to take the trip with tested positive for COVID. I called within the 24 hr guidelines to cancel flights and hotel explaining the circumstances. The first agent explained the ongoing flight would be refunded, but had to get confirmation if the returning flight and hotel would be refunded at 100%. She called back stating that the returning flight was able to refunded and I asked her to then cancel. She then proceeds to state that she could not get a hold of the hotel and would have to try again tomorrow. Didn’t make sense, it would be past the 24hr guidelines and I would be penalized some type of fee.

I call the hotel and they were more than understanding stating that Priceline never called given that he was the only receptionist up front. He voiced they receive a percentage on which is why they are probably saying they couldn’t get a hold of them. I then call Priceline back and state that the agent lied, 2Nd agent was able to then cancel. 2 days pass and I receive an email stating that I have been refunded all amounts for the exception of my returning flight. Here we go again.... Again time wasted from my day, being transferred to multiple agents basically stating it was my responsibility to cancel and never did I voice, nor do they have it documented that I wanted this cancelled. Are you kidding me? I get they want a percentage. They would rather risk losing a long term Customer and keep their small percentage.

No resolution, it’s going to take 2 to 3 days for them to go thru the voice recordings to confirm that I voiced for it to be cancelled and will return call. They offered a credit... why should I be penalized and not be refunded my money. I’m taking COVID safety precautions, I clearly called to have the whole bundle cancelled and they found a loophole to still charge me some type of fee. Very disappointed.... Many have recommended Allegiant, I guess I’m switching over. The team needs to be trained on customer service, sometimes being accountable And understanding will take you further with your customers, than standing by obtaining a small win (fee) and losing the trust of a customer.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

Worst experience ever! I booked an Express Deal with Priceline for one night hotel stay. It seemed a deal however, when we checked out, the hotel handed me the invoice and surprisingly, that was no deal. The hotel rate was actually less than the Express Deal advertised by Priceline. I decided to call Priceline Customer Service to understand where the deal was. Talking to the agent seemed like talking to a robot as I was getting the same nonsense answer no matter my questions. First, I was told that the hotel shouldn't have given me the invoice as it should not be available to the general public. Fine, not my problem, I did not ask for it, however, I am one member of the general public and I have all the rights and means to find out the hotel rate by simply calling the hotel... so what are we talking about here?!

Then, the agent said the room rate Priceline negotiated with the hotel was confidential information and I should have not been given the invoice. OK, fine with me but where was the deal than, when booking with Priceline was more expensive than booking with the hotel directly? Anyone out there could call the hotel directly and ask for the room rate. So my confusion about the Express Deal got even more confusing.

In the end, I asked the agent whether he had discussed the issue with his supervisor which he had not. So I asked to speak with his supervisor to get clarification on the Express Deal and why the hotel was charging less than the Express Deal. I was connected with the "senior agent" which spoke like a firing machine gun; I could barely had time to say something until I actually told him that it was rude to talk to someone like that and we were actually having a conversation, not a monologue. Then he kind of took it down a notch.

In the end, they refused to refund the difference. I asked if it was more important to keep a customer happy than to process a refund (which was less than $50). Their answer ("it's fine if we lose a customer") actually confirmed that they are using all kind of tricks to fool people into booking with them like advertising "Express Deals", restricting access to information etc. My advise: before booking, call the provider directly instead of going through third parties like Priceline.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I wanted to book a car rental in Denver, I went on the site and could not easily find the cancellation policy, not until immediately after I booked the reservation. I called 30 seconds later to ask that they credit me back because they didn't display the cancellation policy until AFTER it was booked! The customer service woman could see that I literally just booked it minutes ago, but yet they still declined. I WILL NEVER USE PRICELINE AGAIN!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

Priceline advertised a local Canadian hotel with a booking rate in Canadian dollars. We booked online for 3 nights and received an email confirmation for the total. At the bottom of the email it reads: Price in CAD (Canadian dollars). But when I received my credit card statement, I discovered they had was charged me in USD. When I called customer service I was given the runaround by the rep who argued all their prices are USD. I directed her to their website where the same hotel is still listed in Canadian dollars and referred her to the email confirmation they sent me that says the total is in CAD. She continued to give me the runaround until I asked for her supervisor who carried on in the same manner until I had to get off the call to head to work. Now looking at the reviews of Priceline I realize this is their usual business practice. It's blatantly fraudulent and consumers need to be warned.

Priceline Company Information