2.2/5 (1272 ratings)

About Priceline

Priceline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

If you are going to book through Priceline, please be advised that even if your flights are delayed for any reason, you will still be charged for the first night of your hotel reservation. With the increase of flight delays due to staffing shortages, etc., I highly recommend NOT purchasing Priceline packages in the future. You will not get your money back, even if you cannot check in before the hotel lobby closes for the night. Luckily, my car rental cancelled without any issues, so I do recommend going through Dollar Car Rental.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

Priceline recommended Ace Car Rental, so that is what we used. Upon arriving at the airport, LAX, we were told a shuttle comes every 15 minutes; there was no shuttle for Ace for almost an hour. When one came it dropped us off at a location near most car rental locations. Unfortunately, Ace did not pick us up & when calls were placed to the agency nobody answered the phone, there was only a recording. After multiple calls it was noted that the agency was closed. We were unable to get our rental & had to walk to another agency, Budget, & rent a car. That car cost us $358.75 vs $143.49 that Ace was to charge. Ace was very slow to respond to Priceline about our complaint & refund of $143.49 came weeks later.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

I was getting air tickets from Priceline and on their website it says carry-on is included. When I check the airline they told me I need to pay for the carry-on. I called back to Priceline and explain them that carry-on is included. They told me carry-on mean is just a wallet and purse. I know no airline charges for wallet or purse. It says literally carry-on. So I told them it is cheating. I check a lot of other agents' website that says carry-on is not included. That mean we need to pay for wallet and purse? It doesn't make sense. It is a catch.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

I needed to cancel one night only of my trip due to a family emergency. They said if I am not there the first night they will cancel my hotel and keep ALL MY MONEY. No refunds. They steal your money. Would not even try to work with me. DO NOT USE PRICELINE!!!!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

I searched 2 beds on the app and selected and booked a 2 bedroom but my email started a 1 bedroom so I had to contact them to ask for it to be fixed, they stated they have to contact the hotel to see if it could accommodate my request, then they told me I have to call the hotel myself tomorrow to ensure accommodations. It always seems to be one issue or another with them.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

Priceline won't refund my money. Hotel has standing water, rat turds, filthy inside and out. Junkies everywhere staying here. No heat and priceline won't refund my money. I paid 469.00 and a 100 deposit. Please don't use Priceline. No telling where they will put you and don't care how filthy it is. Won't refund your money or let you move to another hotel. I'll never use priceline again.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

I booked a hotel and was saying free breakfast. No further details was given. When I went to the hotel I was surprised that the breakfast only for adults. This was not mentioned in the on the Priceline website neither on the confirmation I received by email. I messaged agent and they were very rude and not respectful, saying that the hotel has to decide. So basically they scammed the customer. Please pay attention. Personally will not use Priceline anymore neither my family and friends.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

Priceline refused to cancel my rental car and reimburse my $380.00. Do not use Priceline to purchase rental car because they scam you by using Fox Rental Car Agency. I will not use Priceline for my future travel.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

I called to ask a question about the location of my hotel, and then received an email that my reservation was canceled??? My fiance and I spent the last of our money on this reservation. Luckily, 5 to 10 business days is our refund, but OH NO, OUR RESERVATION IS TOMORROW! Thank you, Priceline for allowing us to sleep on the street tonight. I never canceled my reservation, so someone must think it's hilarious, but I do not. Can you guys at least provide a pillow?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

I booked the hotel reservation with Priceline and by mistake it took wrong date and I was trying to explain priceline and they took full amount. The person who spoke was really rude. I will not recommend booking through priceline.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

I reserved a ticket with American Airlines through this company and paid for specific seats. When I checked into American Airlines I found out that they booked my ticket with a misspelled name and did not reserve me the seats I paid for. Customer service can't do anything and their phone audio cuts in and out.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

I’ve frequently used Priceline and the most recent experience and how things were NOT handled properly, will prevent me from ever trusting Priceline again. My business is with Priceline, not with the disgusting hotel. We were unable to stay in the dirty, buggy, old, room. Reading reviews after would have alerted us to never stay there. Priceline said they will not reimburse, that we would have to have the hotel reimburse us. We called the board of health and will continue to contact Priceline. We have pictures, but no one from Priceline returns calls after they keep telling us someone will be in touch. Don’t trust the rating and the shame is that knowing what we have shared with them, they haven’t taken down this three star hotel as an option for their customers. I feel bad for a young family who may not have the luxury of changing hotels as we had to. It isn’t worth saving the extra money if we know there will be no satisfaction.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

While shopping hotels on Priceline I decided to book one of their "Express Deals" where you purchase but don't know the name of the hotel. They advertised the hotel as a 3.5 star hotel, so I booked it. The hotel turned out to be SureStay Hotel by Best Western SeaTac North. When getting dropped off by the airport shuttle I'm thinking this does not look like a 3.5 star hotel but going on the assumption that a company like Priceline would not use deceptive practices, I checked in thinking maybe the rooms are nicer than what the Hotel looked like from the outside.

The room smelled and the entire hotel was clearly not a 3.5 star hotel. Personally, I was a little disgusted and really didn't want to sleep in the room. I looked online and found out the hotel WAS RATED AS A 2 STAR HOTEL. I immediately contacted customer service at Priceline and informed them I purchased a stay from them that was misrepresented as a 3.5 star hotel and was actually a 2 star hotel. I asked to be booked in a neighboring hotel that was rated at 3 stars or above. I was polite, I didn't overreact, I told the representative that Priceline misrepresented what they sold me. All I was asking for was for them to rebook me at a different hotel equivalent to what they advertised I was buying.

The representative kept telling me over, and over, and over, and over that it was nonrefundable, and there was nothing Priceline could do. I repeatedly communicated that Priceline sold me a 3.5 star hotel and gave me a 2 star hotel, that was gross and smelled. All I was asking for was for them to give me what I purchased. Our conversation went on for 13 minutes, and she refused to help me. Her primary suggestion was to go talk to the front desk. I told her that is not going to solve the problem, because the front desk can't change a 2 star hotel into a 3.5 star hotel overnight. Priceline needs to be careful before some law firm files a class action lawsuit against them for deceptive selling practices.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

Priceline was "UNABLE TO HELP". I paid for an upgrade and got a downgrade. They stated I had to work out an agreement with the hotel. The hotel said they don't deal with the 3rd party. Customer service was horrible. I will not use Priceline again.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

I booked 25 trips in a year and was promised this vip platinum status for my loyalty, but look…. ain’t no status! My prices didn’t go down and I didn’t receive any special anything! Only thing special I received was points on my credit card for using my credit card! Guess they never expected anyone to book past 25 trips!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

Customer services at Priceline did not take my information correctly and ended up missing my room and lost all fees I paid. I am counting on the managers to resolve the issue. Booked Travelodge in Vancouver Airport. was horrible experience. No customer services and look like a scam. Took my fees for two night but never provided me with a room.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

My daughter and I had 2 family members die within hours of each other last week. We booked at the last minute 2 seats from Myrtle Beach SC to Asheville NC. To drive it is 5 hours. We weren't in any shape to drive. I just want to warn people in our situation to book directly the airline instead of booking sites. We used Priceline and for 2 economy seats round trip we were charged 2,361.31. Plus 60.00 for 1 checked bag. Had we not been so upset we would have asked for bereavement rates. I am kicking myself for this error! This is money that could have been used to help with death related expenses. Just be mindful that you are going to be overcharged using Priceline. 150.00 times 2 to make sure we were seated together. Never again.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

We rented a car through Priceline for 8/6/22 - 8/9/22. We paid in full on Priceline and picked the car up at Hertz Buffalo/Niagara airport on 8/6. On 8/8 it started raining so we were going to drive to a few destinations. When we got in the car we found the windshield wiper on the driver's side was broken. We contacted Hertz and was told to DRIVE to a parts store and buy the part and fix it ourselves. There was no way to drive anywhere because it was raining. The wiper was broken, so we weren't able to use the car that day.

When we returned the car to Hertz on 8/9 we were told they couldn't refund for that day because we paid through Priceline and that we should contact them for a refund or credit for the day the car was unusable. I called Priceline and they said "Sorry we don't do refunds or credits on paid in full car rentals". I have spoken to 3 customer service people at Priceline and they refuse to do anything. Lesson learned; DO NOT RENT CARS THROUGH PRICELINE!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

I had a problem with a reservation. Not only did they not help me resolve it and "worsen" the situation, but they also made me dizzy for days, sending me from one agent to the other, and leaving me in the middle of the conversation each time. Shameful service.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

I booked for a three bedroom suite with kitchen at the Grand Hotel des Bains Kempinski, St. Moritz, Switzerland using the Priceline website and made advance payment. They sent the Hotel a confirmation for a one bedroom suite with no Kitchen. Priceline as well as the Hotel were of no help as they both kept on blaming each other without solving my issue. This was a clear case of Bait and Switch.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

I had hotel reservations however it was booked the wrong day. The date was the same day I booked it and I needed it for the next day. After calling 3 times to get the right date Junetta ** helped me.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

This is one of the worst services I have encountered, the hotel booked for us was a bedbug infested hotel which was very dirty and disgusting, hotel name (Sleep Inn). 2255 173rd Street, Lansing, Illinois 60438. I tried getting Priceline to change the hotel or refund our payment but they said they couldn’t do anything without talking to the hotel and that they will get back to me the following Monday to refund the money but after speaking to them they refused to take accountability and refund any payment. Avoid being ripped of and making a loss because they have bad representatives and are unwilling to refund your money for services not rendered. This is a terrible place to book and I do not recommend!!!!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

After purchasing a ticket for a flight we received our email stating that it was processing, nearly 24 hours later it was still processing. When we called to inquire about it we were told "just wait quietly. It can take up to 72 hours", when explaining that there was a time zone different that they were not accounting for as the flight would leave before that deadline, they hung up on us. We then received an email from the agent Ben who which included the option to provide him with a monetary Tip (Priceline are you not paying your employees? Why are they begging for tips?).

After that we called again. Got someone else. Was refused the option to speak with a manager because "the manager doesn't want to talk to you" and got hung up on again. This time we called the customer support line and spoke to a man named Alvaro and found that the billing information mixed up with the passenger information so the bank denied the charge, after correcting the information at this point more than 35 hours after the initial purchase alvaro so kindly ended the phone call by being aggressive and hostile stating that "you need to just let us work" and "it's a very complicated process" so anyway the plane is full and the order is canceled. Not a dime spent on this company and after this horrendous experience I will never attempt to use this service again.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

I went online to book a hotel room as an express deal that said it was 111.00 dollars per night. As I was completing the transaction it told me that rate was no longer available. So, I selected the next lowest rate which was 152.00 for a room with a king size bed. After completing my reservation, I searched again and the earlier lower rate was still there. I called customer service immediately and after waiting on hold over an hour was told there is nothing they can do and I have the lowest rate. Apparently the lowest rate was for any available room they have.

I said that’s fine, change my reservation to that as I would rather pay that rate. Nope. They refuse and will do nothing to accommodate whatsoever. After speaking to several reps I was told a manager would contact me. They never did. Another rep told me the manager will “tell me the same thing”. Apparently I am a VIP member. Well they didn’t treat me like VIP, they treated me like they couldn’t care less to have my business. After everything was said and done, they pretty much just said “the reservation will stay as it is”. This is a very bad company. Never again. I would rather pay more to a company that cares about my business.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

I booked several hotels on via Priceline website. One of my bookings was absolutely horrendous (uninhabitable)- it shouldn’t even be offered as an option on their website. They need to have someone in “quality control” to make sure the hotels they offer are at least somewhat decent. Too many unacceptable issue with the hotel to list but the pics in the Priceline website didn’t match what I saw when I pulled up to the hotel. Lots of false Advertising- between Priceline, hotel or both.

Biggest issue is that I didn’t receive my coupon for being upgraded to the “gold vip status.” I had to call 3 times (was hung up on one of the times) and wasted over 2 hours with no resolution to my issue. The last “manager” I spoke to basically told me that there’s nothing she can do and that the higher ups aren’t going to care. Worst customer service EVER! I don’t know how they stay in business.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

Booked a flight from Istanbul to Frankfurt but realized afterwards that it was a month too late (I needed Aug 14 but ended up accidentally booking Sept 14 - partially that the site defaulted me into Sept). The site indicated that there is free cancellation if done within 24 hours from booking, so I immediately proceeded to cancel this reservation online. However the cancellation request was refused due to an error and was informed to contact customer service. When I did I was told that the flight had been cancelled so I proceeded to book for the correct date (Aug 14). But then I receive a vague email stating my credit card denied the charge, but when I went to my credit card it showed the charge accepted and pending. When I go to their website the trip did not even show anywhere so I was forced to go to a competitor to book the flight and hope I don't end up getting double-charged. As a result of this absolute mess, I am completely done with Priceline.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

I booked an express deal and ended up at the wrong location. I simply wanted to move the reservation to a room about an hour away even if it was still hotel brand, they absolutely refused because it’s an “express deal” over and over even after I offered to pay the difference since the savings wasn’t worth the extra gas, they told me to call the room which doesn’t make sense since I booked through them and they picked it, I called the room & sure enough was told they don’t know why I’m calling since I booked through a 3rd party. Received a call from Priceline just to rub in my face no help. Totally ridiculous, the trip is 2 weeks out. Major disappointment. Will not be using them again. Got the coupon because I’m a “loyalty customer” which truly means nothing at the end of the day.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

Do not use this service. Worst service. Terrible APP. Useless customer service personnel. I have being trying to cancel a reservation for over a Week and over 5 attempts and every time agents keep Telling me to wait a minutes and then closing the conversations. Again: useless customer service.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

The Priceline website clearly stated that my reservation could be cancelled up until 4:00pm the day of. When I tried to cancel they said the hotel would not refund the money. I pointed out that this seemed like a priceline issue; agent was not helpful and was rude!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

I booked a round trip airfare to Cairo Egypt last year. Because of all the red tape, I wasn't able to go. I could not get a rapid covid test WITH a QR code attached anywhere in Salt Lake. I was forced to cancel my trip 6 hours before departure. I was denied a refund and told I'd get a credit. Nine months later I attempted to use the credit to rebook a trip to Cairo Egypt only to be told I only had a credit of 1000.00. After questioning the credit, the Priceline representative insisted I only paid 1000.00 for a round trip ticket to Cairo. I was ripped off by Priceline who I've used before for hotel bookings also, but will never use again.

Priceline Company Information