2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

3.6/5 (3729 ratings)

About Priceline

Priceline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?

Original review: July 18, 2021

I booked two rooms through them. However, something urgent came up and the hotel that I booked was unrefundable. I talked to Finn, an agent with Priceline and that person was able to help me cancel my reservations and got my refund back with no penalty.

Original review: May 5, 2021

Use them when I travel and hotels. I travel twice a month for business and I play travel softball. I get cheap flights and hotel rooms. It makes very easy and save money. Also told all my friends. They also have used priceline.com for their trips.

Original review: May 4, 2021

I tried the multitude of travel places looking for the best rates on a hotel for my wife and son and I for our upcoming trip to Sc. in June. Priceline by far had the best rates, the most knowledgeable associates and answered every question I had about what there is to do there as well as if Parris Island was allowing visitors to tour the Marine Recruiting Base, (graduated Marine Boot Camp in Nov. 83). I give them an eleven stars out of 10 for helping me.

Original review: April 23, 2021

We rented a car through Priceline on a recent vacation to Florida. The car rental shuttle never picked us up at the end of the night and we had to sleep in the airport. The car rental place (Fox Rent A Car) double charged us for rental we never received on time. They refused to work it out with us, but Priceline got involved and arranged for us to get back double the amount the rental car owed us in a very quick amount of time. We will definitely use Priceline again but NOT Fox Rent a Car!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I have found Priceline to be a good company. They have handled my change in time for travel very well. The first time I needed a change, they did it well. With the continuing virus problem, I needed an extension for my travel plans. My one call for this extension was taken care of very smoothly/well. I would give them a great rating for handling my two extensions for travel. I could not have asked for a smoother experience. Thanks Priceline for your help two times.

Original review: July 31, 2021

I am so disappointed with Priceline. I booked a hotel room through Priceline and was told I could not cancel my room even though the room was filthy. I will never use your service again. Horrible.. customer service reps are no help.

Original review: July 31, 2021

I recently rented a van through Priceline/Dollar Rental and had one of the worst rental experiences of my life. I reserved and pre-paid for a 7-passenger van in Houston on the dates of June 28-July 6th for a family vacation in Wisconsin. We picked up the vehicle on the 28th AT 6:00PM. My check-in to our Wisconsin destination was for 4pm on June 29th. Around 12:00 PM we noticed that the air stopped working and had to roll the windows down and the check engine light was going off. We pulled over to check what was happening and it appeared that the car was overheating and did not have any antifreeze. My father antifreeze into the car and after waiting for an hour or so we tried to finish our drive to meet our check-in time.

We contacted roadside assistance and was on hold for over an hour only to be told we would need to drive to O’Hare Airport that was 2 hours and 45 mins away (we would not have made it in the car's condition). We stayed on the phone for over 2 hours for Russel to tell us to wait where we were for CHERRY Towing to bring the new vehicle and take the damaged one. I was told it would be between 2-3 hours before they would get there. I called the third-party Tow company two hours and about 20 mins later and was met with a very rude lady that cut me off, over-talked me and hung up on me and my father 3 times. The location we were stopped at told us we would have to leave due to it closing and not being open for waiting after closing. We were in the middle of nowhere.

Our destination was probably an hour and 45 mins away, so we decided to try and make it there. After another half hour of driving still without air the car began to overheat again. During the time of trying to make it to our destination the CHERRY tow company called again and told us they would not be able to make it to the destination due to distance. We spent the next 8 hours driving for 30 min increments, fearful that the car would break down and leave us stranded. At this point it was a little after 2am. We didn’t hear back from anyone until much later the NEXT DAY (WEDNESDAY). We missed the entire first day of our hotel stay and then spent the duration of the next day unable to go anywhere and on the phone for HOURS trying to resolve the issue.

Hertz did secure a different tow truck to come pick up the vehicle WEDNESDAY at 2:27 pm. The tow truck company did not bring a new vehicle with them to replace the one they took. I then called Hertz again and was on the phone ALL day trying to handle the situation as best as possible. Hertz could not find an Uber take me to the nearest airport (2 hours and 40 mins away). They never return calls or kept hanging up. I was told around 9:45 pm after being on the phone all day I would have the new rental brought to me in the morning around 8:30-9 am. When I woke up Thursday morning at 8:30am I called the roadside assistance line for an ETA only to be told they could not release the car due to them not having a location of the rental that was towed Wednesday at 2:27pm.

If I did not take a picture of the paperwork, I signed and of the truck I would not have known myself. I strongly believe I should not have been punished for the company not knowing the location of a car they had towed. The man from Hertz then released the vehicle to be brought to us which was an additional 2 hours and 40 mins away. We had to check out of the hotel at 11:00am. The driver arrived at 11:38am.

I missed 2.5 out of 3 days of my family vacation because I did not have a means of transportation. You can imagine how frustrated I was not only having no car to drive, but also in several run around phone calls with little to no help. I was given several different numbers to call, had been placed on hold hours at a time, even being hung up on by certain representatives. This is unacceptable customer service. I also was told I wouldn’t be able to get anything done until get turn the rental in. I arrived last night around 12:41 am and woke up for 4 to be at the airport for 6:00am only to be told to call Priceline and have them reach out..

Original review: July 30, 2021

Beware and be careful purchasing airline tickets from this company especially buying the insurance. They advertise this insurance they sell as insurance for changing or canceling your flight at any time which is completely misleading as it only covers you for medical emergencies not including pre existing conditions or overbooked flights and do not give you these stipulations beforehand, only after it is purchased in an email where it does you no good anyway if you have to cancel for another emergency. Their customer service is a complete joke. Good that will continue to put you on hold or find any excuse not to give you your money back or let you speak to someone in charge there. I highly advise anyone to not use this service or if you do realize you are rolling the dice on losing a bunch of money and time that you cannot get back.

Original review: July 30, 2021

All customer service is outsourced to another country. They are difficult to understand and communicate with. It's been a complete nightmare trying to get a straight answer out of anyone over there.

Original review: July 30, 2021

I called Priceline to book a room at Red Roof Inn Galloway NJ over the phone while looking at the rooms available on the Priceline website. The room is listed as a superior 451 sq ft 2 queen room with sofa bed. I paid more for this room because space was important. They assured me the room is 451 sq feet. I come to find out that this room does not exist. They still have this room listed on their website. It's their way of getting more of your money. False advertising. The room I got was 280 sq feet and was unfit to stay in. Don't deal with Priceline!

Original review: July 29, 2021

Using a 3rd party to book a hotel is a horrible experience. I had to leave the hotel 30min after check in for military service. The hotel initially stated they would refund my stay but since I booked through Priceline I had to contact them for a refund. It took nearly 1 month for any resolution and they stated the hotel general manager denied the refund. I will not only not recommend the use of priceline I will strongly discourage any other service member from doing so. Not a military friendly hotel. I checked in with my 2 kids while on leave for the military. Was there 30 min and had to leave due to being called back for military service. Very disappointed with the management.

Original review: July 29, 2021

My brother booked a room through you guys. Go to check in the hotel clerk informs us that they have a cockroach issue. He cancels and then you say it's gonna be 1 to 2 days for a refund. I would like for my info and account to be deleted. I will never have another association with a company that handles their customer in such a manner. And this will further be posted on YouTube and your own site as well..The customer service rep was rude and had no remorse to the situation of being 13 hours from home with nowhere to stay.

Original review: July 29, 2021

Priceline may get you cheaper deal when coupon used. Express Deal they present might feel good but only with luck. Priceline show you list of their hotels, you pay the price, Priceline choose the hotel for you. Their choice of hotel will be combination of 2 good with 1 cheapest and worst hotel combination, you going great good but end up being disappointed. I can give you my word, you will feel being fooled, stay away from express deal.

Original review: July 28, 2021

I rented a car when I went to a wedding in Birmingham, Alabama. Somehow there was a double reservation. There was one for Hertz and one for Avis. I really think it is Priceline's mistake because it shows an icon for three rental car companies, so my understanding was that the car could be from any of the 3 companies. Avis had a reservation for me so I rented a car from them. About an hour later Hertz called asking if I was going to pick up my car. I told them I already had a car from Avis.

The next day I called Priceline to tell them about the mix-up. The 2 agents I talked to were unhelpful and it sounded like my call was outsourced to another country. They basically told me it was too bad but that they could not refund the money for the Hertz rental even if a mistake was made. I told them I would be disputing the unfair charge with my credit card company and it sounded like they could not care less. My sister was with me and she is a travel agent and she said that agents get many people telling her company they will file a complaint so the agents probably did not even take it seriously. She said I just needed to go ahead and file the dispute, so I filed with my CC company for a refund and am sharing my story and filing a complaint for unfair practices.

Original review: July 28, 2021

Made a car rental reservation online and saw nothing saying it was non refundable. I needed to cancel and was ok with just receiving a credit. However, I was told I received a special rate. There was no refund. Then a few days later I received an email from them saying I could get a better deal under a special rate (that I supposedly already received). However when I called again I was not allowed to make any changes or get a refund. I will never use Priceline again and make it a point to tell others not to as well.

Priceline Company Information