3.23/5
Based on 2,656 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a travel site?

Priceline

Looking for a travel site?

3656 Priceline Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 6, 2019

Don't ever use these guys. Terrible service, will not make reasonable accommodations for customers, will not change flights despite notice. They act indifferent about it over the phone, and have deals set up with credit cards to override/prevent disputing of charges.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Terrible customer service. Bad business practice. On vacation was double charged on hotels. Didn’t help because they outsourced to sister company Booking.com. That was a joke. Out $700 and had to cancel debit card and have bank dispute charges based on fraud. Properties blamed Booking.com and Booking.com blamed properties.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I had to cancel a hotel reservation I had booked with Priceline. Even though my husband was too ill to travel THEY REFUSED to give me ANY sort of refund. They have just IGNORED me for almost 5 months now. THEY told me that I had to cancel the reservation at the hotel myself, BUT they never told me that THEY...PRICELINE who had my money, would NOT give me a refund. The hotel rerented the room and Priceline did NOT pay them. I would NEVER book anything through PRICELINE again.

Original review: June 4, 2019

***FRAUD*** My Visa card was charge by Priceline which I did not authorized. After getting an email that my card was charge for 2 rooms. I immediately call my bank and cancel the booking and still got charge for a cancellation fee of 200. Priceline did not correct or reversed my money regardless they did a FRAUD on their end.

Original review: June 3, 2019

Booked a hotel using Priceline on incorrect dates, 2 hours after booking contacted the customer service to cancel my reservation - who couldn’t help me at the time and set a follow up for His team. After 2 days of waiting when I did not get any updates I emailed the customer service and they replied back saying they couldn’t help as the hotel denied to make an exception. Priceline did not respond back on time for me to at least get the Price match benefit, when I explained my situation to customer care and asked to do the price match so I can save at least $100 but they denied it saying they wouldn’t validate the email they have sent!!! Which is very unethical.

Note: The email confirmation I received after I made the reservation says 100% price match guarantee, with no exception. They have also charged $111 fees and taxes - no proper breakdown. Very unethical. Never using Priceline again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?

Original review: June 3, 2019

On June 2 2019 at around 15:30 I made a reservation for 2 hotel rooms for my upcoming trip to NYC with my family. After booking on Priceline and while browsing on internet I found the exact deal on different website for around $200 lower because that website was offering a 4 hour flash sale. I quickly checked the PL website and saw they offer Best Price Guarantee so I called their customer service. By the time I contacted them it’s around 16:50. At first, I was told even though I found a lower total price they still can’t price match me. Because Priceline only compares the price before taxes/fees. I did not see that on their website so I asked the representative to show me where is that rule on their website. And because she couldn’t find it, she transferred me to her supervisor.

Her supervisor told me the same thing and when I asked him to show me where is that rule on the website, he then told me to hold while he researches it for me. I told him I did take a screenshot when I saw the lower price and offered to send it to him. He told me they don’t accept screenshot because it can’t prove the time. While he put me on hold, I tried to go back to that website and took another screenshot with the current date and time. However, by the time I tried to replicate my previous search I saw the price on the other website increased a little bit but at that time the difference is still around $100. I took a screenshot with the lower price with the date and time to prove that I found it within 24 hours after booking my hotel on PL.

After waiting for about 20 mins the supervisor finally got back to me and told me they have verified and can process my return for around $20. I asked him how did he get that number because I calculated $100 difference on my end. He told me this is for the first room, and after I accept this, he can move on to the second room. I still don’t think the number is correct so I asked him the number he saw. He told me he saw $1,084.88 while I had the page opened in front of me and it’s showing $1,046.79. I told him that I got a better screenshot this time by capturing the date and time and offer to send it to him for his review again. But he still told me they don’t accept screenshot.

He then asked me to agree to his number so that we can move on. I couldn’t agree because am seeing a different number. I asked him since they don’t accept my screen then can they send me what they have seen at their end? If so, I will accept the $20. He told me they can’t do that. So, they don’t want to see my prove and they don’t want to prove themselves. And during our conversation the flash sale on the other website expired. The supervisor told me that too bad the price I saw was during a flash sale and for me to get a price match the information has to be public and can be viewed. I don’t know what can I say so I asked him if there are someone else I can turned to for help. He told that we would transfer me to his manager but he promised me I get the same answer.

After another 10 min the manager picked up the phone. I can tell that she did not want to help me. She told me that they don’t accept screenshot and they can’t send their prove to me either. She kept telling me to refer to the rule written on the website however I did not see anything about they don’t accept screenshot. The manager also had attitude issue, she told me, in a very loud voice that they can only match the $20 which they had verified and there is nothing they can do. She didn’t want to hear me to explain anymore. I told her am so disappointed I did not take this offer and I will never ever use Priceline again.

Just want to spread this out so that more people are aware of it. And for Priceline, if you don’t do price match then take it off of your website. This is SCAM!

Original review: June 2, 2019

Stayed in hotel which was lower than 1 star. Really bad building and hotel, but Priceline showed it as 3 star hotel. I regret staying there. I will probably avoid the Priceline for hotel reservations in future.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I made a transaction on 3/2/19 for a rental car with Fox Rental through Priceline and at the time to pick up they try to charge me 1,000 as downpayment. I cancel the transaction but they charge me anyway not once, twice. I called to dispute and they declined to give me the money back. They can't give me a proof of the cancelation either knowing that I have my rights. I spoke with Angelo and he try to help me but just hung up to me. Nobody has ever contacted me about this issue. They just want the money from honest people. I was using this app a lot but from now I will never visit or using Priceline again. They stole my money. And I will let everyone know.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Converted their advertised price to US even though I live and booked hotel in Canada - a complete rip off. Hotel ended up being 30% more than if I booked with someone else. Scam. Do not use Priceline.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I had book a room off of Priceline website. Yes they do have great deals, but at the time I book my room for a funeral I didn't know that you couldn't get refundable if you cancel your room. I will never ever use Priceline website again. They take people hard earn money. I already told all of my follower and family, friends from Twitter, Instagram, Facebook not to book with this website ever.

Original review: May 30, 2019

After booking through Priceline, I was charged $255 for the vehicle (including taxes) plus $88 for insurance. Upon arrival in Burbank, I agreed to upgrade my insurance coverage, buy a tank of gas, and add a second driver. I was shown the invoice and told that I would only be charged for the ADD-ONS BEYOND what I had paid for through Priceline. When given the invoice, the clerk showed me that I had been credited with paying $313.89 (I had paid $343 through Priceline and knew they had to make something) and that I would owe $191.06 for the upgrades. I agreed to this. However, I have been charged $313.89 through Fox on top of the $343 through Priceline. I have talked to both companies at length with no resolution and have now filed disputes with my credit card company. DO NOT USE 3RD PARTY BOOKING COMPANIES, AND STICK WITH WELL KNOWN RENTAL CAR COMPANIES. I DEFINITELY SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER!!

Original review: May 30, 2019

I booked a flight from Jax-Bos. The website very user friendly, clear with the charges and cancellation policies. Email with for my trip received within minutes of booking. And the plus is that it was $150 cheaper than booking straight through Delta’s website and cheaper than any other airline company.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I made a reservation for three night stay at Holiday Inn Express on (250 Spring Street, Charleston, South Carolina 29403 ) through Priceline.com. It was all looking good in the pictures but it doesn’t match anything or reality. From the first moment at the front desk it was all messy and you can find parking for your car. And when I went to room, the door was jammed to the point I have to make a big effort to push it so it can open. Then from the first moment in the room you can hear the big noise coming from the AC unit and you can do nothing about it. The worst to come.

From the first night I found cockroaches in the bathroom and I handle it myself. It was very disturbing and annoying and disgusting. Still I didn’t complain till now. The second night I found even more cockroaches in the room and inside the fridge and I have pictures. So here I couldn’t take it anymore and I called the front desk to cancel my reservation and find another one. But they told me that I have to call Priceline.com because I booked it from there. And when I called Priceline.com they said to me, "We can’t do nothing for you," even though I was trying to book another reservation through them. And all I can say now that this is the worst experience I had with this hotel and Priceline.com.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I used Priceline to rent a car for our vacation. To Cancun. I was taken to their sister site Rentalcars.com. I rented a car and it offered me to get insurance. I read all the fine print and it seemed like a good deal for less than paying at the rental place. However when we arrived the lady at the rental company told us that the insurance we had purchased was reimbursement only. She even showed me our voucher in Spanish which said “reimbursement” however the voucher in English states that the company “pays” not reimburse. I have tried multiple times to email them (no phone number listed) and no one has answered. When I finally got a phone number I was not able to dial because were international. Whatever you do do not use these companies. They have false advertisement and do not care as long as they get your money.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I had to make a change and the gentleman I spoke with made it very easy for me which was very helpful. Since booking travel can be very stressful and costly, he made the experience worth my time and I would recommend it.

Original review: May 28, 2019

It was really helpful and very easy to navigate and understand each and every page and details shown about the flight. Easy to search and compare prices with other competitive travel websites. Very good customer service who cleared all the questions I had. Thanks a lot Priceline!

Original review: May 27, 2019

We booked an hotel through Priceline. At the day of our trip we found out that our reservation has been cancelled due to a wrong price we paid (website error) and a dispute between Priceline and a third party. We were 4 families with kids after long drive in traffic (Memorial Day weekend) and had to spend 5-6 hours on the phone with Priceline to find hotel for the night or we just sleep in our cars. We found an hotel an hour drive from the initial hotel and got there at 7:00 pm! This website not to be trusted! They book you and cancel the reservation on the same day, leaving you helpless and disappointed. My heart went out to all our children that got disappointed and did not have the chance to enjoy the hotel pool. We get there hungry, disappointed and tired. Priceline ruined the vacation of 4 families and got 11 kids really upset and sad. Shame on you Priceline! Will never use you again.

Original review: May 27, 2019

This web page is confusing and difficult (at least to me) to operate. The search engine doesn't seem to function like others and always seems to 'push' the user to another area. I could not locate better pricing than if I were to book directly with the outlet I wanted (negotiations included). I'll NOT use again.

Original review: May 26, 2019

Quick and easy to use. You receive results immediately. It's a great way earn points as well. It also gives you visual of the type of rooms you can pick from. And great recommendations for your preference.

Original review: May 24, 2019

Other than the layovers involved with booking this way the cost was great. The website easy too for a start airport to final destination, and offering many options, as I am not rich I did choose the cheaper flights, timing makes a big difference as well with cost and layover time.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I have always made travel arrangements with Priceline, and did not know that I will get the worst customer service experience. I made a hotel reservation for April 26th to 28th, 2019 through Priceline for Red Roof Inn. Based on some situations I had with the hotel, they gave me a credit of 53 dollars and 3 cents. The funds went to the Mastercard Priceline used for the reservation. I called Priceline on May 14th, 2019. They had a long call hold. I was hung up on. When I finally got an agent, he told me that they will contact the hotel and get back to me in 3 to 5 days. I waited till today May 22, and I called back. They have not done anything about it. The Agent I spoke with tonight called Ashley only said she can provide me with a case number. I have done many reservations with Priceline for so many years, I did not know that they have no respect for their customers. I am very disappointed. This is a shame.

Original review: May 22, 2019

This site was very easy to use. I use the site to look up the Park Central Hotel. I went to New York in March 2019. What a great experience. I was able to read some feedback on hotels. I was able to check prices and compare. Thank you.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Every time I call the hotel, they could not find the reservation. I called Priceline 8 times. Each time they say they are contacting Hotelbeds, their partner for the reservation but no result. Priceline customer service member tells me they will call me back. But no result. My credit card was charged.

Original review: May 21, 2019

This was my first ever cruise and after searching for a bit, I booked a honeymoon cruise for my wife and I through Priceline. Priceline was offering an amazing $2000 onboard credit promotion that lined up perfectly after we got married. This was my first time ever booking through Priceline so I tried to read everything as carefully as possible and follow their directions. About 25 days before the cruise departs, I finally get my registration from the official cruise line and get checked in on their official website. I thought that was all I needed to do because Priceline emails out a checklist of things to do. After registration, the next thing on the checklist Priceline sends out is to book shore excursions. I rest on this for a few days and discuss with my fiance (at the time) what she would like to do on the cruise. We are both super excited, and can't wait to go.

I check back to start looking for shore excursions and start wondering.. "Am I able to use my $2000 onboard credit towards these shore excursions??". I start looking around, and on the Priceline website it states that onboard credits cannot be used on shore excursions and only strictly on thing onboard the cruise. That's understandable, but then I start looking looking to book a spa day on the cruise and notice that I don't see anywhere on the website that states I have $2000 onboard credits to even use!! I go back to the Priceline website and start searching in the FAQs again. In the deepest part of their website, I found a link that requires me to submit a form for my onboard cruise credits and it needs to be approved. Oh, and the best part is that it needs to be submit 21 days before the cruise departs!

By now it is already 18 days before the cruise. I remember how my heart sank, and I started looking through all of my emails to see if I missed something. No emails stated that I needed to submit a request form for the onboard credits, and now I'm hoping after I am still able to submit this form and get the credits for the trip. I submit the form, and I receive a basic confirmation email saying, "Thank you for submitting the request form, you will see your onboard credits 10 days before the cruise." I wait until 10 days before the cruise, and still don't see anything on either websites stating I have these credits. I finally call up Priceline and they explain to me how they can't do anything since it's past 21 days, and how they need that time to transfer those credits onto my account.

The best they can do is reimburse me $100 max after the cruise to put back into my card.. I lost out on $2000 onboard credits to use, and the best they could do is reimburse $100 after the cruise. I asked if we could get a room upgrade or even a beverage plan, but the rep said they didn't have that ability. As a result of all of this, the honeymoon was very sad onboard because we had very little money after our wedding to spend onboard the cruise. We were banking on those onboard credits to allow for a great time! Everything was super expensive, and a big part of me just wishes I had those $2000 to use on a extra spa day or go to a specialty restaurant without financial worries. Now I am waiting 4-6 weeks to get my $100 back. I just wished there was clear communication that I needed to submit a form to receive my onboard credits. But it seems like Priceline doesn't care, and as a result a potentially amazing trip was not so amazing.

Original review: May 21, 2019

My agent was great, explained everything to me, gave suggestions on how to save money on excursions. She offered cabin upgrades, flight, hotel stays and it was simple. What made even better was I had her number and could leave a message if needed some help.

Original review: May 20, 2019

Stay away from Booking, Priceline, Agoda, Kayak, Cheapflights, Rentalcars, Momondo, and OpenTable. They are all own by the same corrupt company. Booked my trip package (hotel and flights) thru Priceline and it started a nightmare from day one. They book my flights and charge my credit card for my flights only and then transfer my credit card info to Booking to reserve the hotel. Next morning I was contacted by Booking telling me that the hotel can not charge my card and they needed me to send them or the hotel the CVC code on my card. Contacted Priceline as I was confused with the fact that Booking was asking for my credit card CVC. Priceline explained that they use Booking for hotels and told me I have to fix it with them.

Updated my CC information with Booking and also tried to contact the hotel on the phone number provided, no answer, left message and phone number but nobody called, then I send a email to the hotel thru Booking with my CVC number only. Called my CC company and letting them know about the upcoming international charge which they said was not even intended yet, but they will authorize once it comes to them. Next morning I get one more email from Booking telling me that my CC info is invalid and they will cancel my hotel if I don't provide a valid CC number. Updated once again my CC and CVC numbers on their website and called Priceline who only transfers me to Booking. Talked to someone and explained the whole situation and he guaranteed me he will take care of it so they won't bother me no more.

Next morning I get another email from Booking saying that my hotel reservation got cancelled. Now I am furious with the whole situation. Contacted Priceline again, they transferred me to Booking who told me there is nothing they can do about it. I asked to be transfer back to Priceline and explained the whole thing again and asked them to cancel the whole package trip after being on hold and transferred around a few times I got disconnected.

Called back explained again, got transferred a couple more time and they end up telling that cancelling the flight will cost me $200.00 per person, $800.00 total since I am cancelling after 24 hours, asked them to pay the cancelation fees themselves since they were the ones who cancel my hotel but they refused. Do yourself a favor, take my advice and once you know what is the best prices, book your flight and hotel separately and straight from the airline and hotel website respectively. You might save more money and headache in case of anything going wrong.

Original review: May 20, 2019

Terrible is the only non swear word I can use. This is the best you’ll get from me about these bottom feeding, lying pieces of ** companies I’ve had the misfortune of doing, in one case unknowingly using their service because they appeared to be website of the hotel I was booking. Scum....scummm.

Original review: May 19, 2019

Do not use this site. Even in an emergency explained in advance of not showing for the hotel the first night this company refunds nothing. Get to the hotel the second night and they didn’t even have the Priceline reservation! Good thing I had their email because the hotel was fully booked.

Original review: May 18, 2019

Didn't realize they were charging me $278 for a hotel listed on their own site for $191. Partly my mistake for not checking every possible outcome as well as I could but I immediately contacted customer service and they said they would not change it or even just lower it to their advertised price which was already more than some other sites. I used them in past and got a couple good deals but the last couple years the deals have been so so at best and now that they totally screwed me I will never be booking with or recommending them again.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I had a paid reservation in Washington DC that was not honored by the hotel. At the time of booking the hotel had notified Priceline that the reservation would not be honored but I was not notified by Priceline nor was I credited for the reservation. Customer Service kept me on the phone for 2 hours trying to figure this out and looking for alternate lodging. Ultimately, they left me in DC with no place to stay. I ended up finding a hotel to stay at the last minute at twice the cost and over an hour away. Ultimately wasting 4 hours of my time and missing out on a business dinner. Priceline offered to reimburse my reservation fee plus $75 for the inconvenience. This doesn’t even make me whole on my out of pocket costs let alone my time. Stay away from these clowns.

Priceline Company Information