2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

3.4/5 (3820 ratings)

About Priceline

Priceline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

I called Priceline for a motel room. I called and cancelled my other reservation after the guy on the phone promised me 5 times it included all fees. It locked me into a no cancellation deal and they won't do anything about it.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

The representatives were polite and did their best to provide the information they're obligated to give. I wish I could explain my situation better, but in short, my fiancé is being charged an unnecessary $186 for a rental car that won't even get used. I understand that there are policies in place, but having to call Priceline multiple times to adjust to military changes doesn't make the experience enjoyable. As a civilian, any form of on-base changes are out of my hands and I have no other choice but to go with the new schedule. Having to discuss "non-refundable" charges is the last thing I want to do when it comes to seeing my airman. I appreciate the good customer service, but I'm disappointed with Priceline's inability to accommodate fluctuating military family schedules.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

I made a reservation to rent a car through Priceline. They asked for my debit card information which I provided assuming the charge would go through when I picked up the rental car. When I got to the rental agency, they refused to accept the debit card with which I made the reservation. Thrifty only accepts major credit cards. Since I could not rent the car, I was shocked to see the charge on my bank statement. I called both companies. Thrifty assured me that they could not receive payment since I hadn’t use their services. Priceline told me that they would not refund me even though the money would not be going to thrifty. In other words Priceline pocketed all of my money for no service in return. This was very deceptive, and I refuse to give my business to such a dishonest company in the future.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

I booked a hotel through Priceline and when arriving in my room there was a roach. I immediately checked out of the room. I contacted Priceline which the refund process seemed very much a scam. I was told to record my name, answer a lot of questions, was connected to another Automated advertisement offer and he asked me to accept an offer from home protector plus which I declined. I was told to call another phone number after talking to this man for a half hour. He had a very deep Indian accent and when I asked for his contact information he told me his name was Michael **. And did not give me any further information.

I will never go through Priceline again. It is a complete scam and I contacted my credit card company since I did not receive a refund. It’s been 11 days and I was told 7 to 10 days and I was also signed up for that protector plus account which I said no to twice. I requested a new credit card and will be refunded any transactions listed above from my credit card company which I went through PayPal as well.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

Me and my children's power went out so I booked a room through Priceline.com. When I got to the hotel they didn't tell me I needed a deposit. I only had enough for the room so I tried to cancel the reservation and there is no one reachable at priceline. Spent 2 hours on hold and talked to 6 different people and they couldn't even find my reservation. But the money was quick to come off my card.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

I recently rented a car with them. Not only did the rental company not have any upon arrival but I can’t get a reply or help about the payment they won’t refund. I got hung up multiple times, live chat tells me I have to contact a certain number (they don’t even answer when calling that number) and emails are simply ignored. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

My first time to book a package deal; flight and hotel were fine, the problem was with the car rental. When I went to pick it up I was told they needed a $250 deposit. I researched all my emails from them and nowhere did it state that. When I googled it all I could find was they might charge $100. Called Priceline that evening and was told I could pick up another car the next morning at the rental agency in town where I was. When I got there the person couldn't find anything about it in the computer and I got charged an exorbitant price. My final call to Priceline is that they refunded my original cost for the rental, but I'm still out almost $550 for taxis, Ubers and rental. Will never use them again!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

This company lied about every aspect of service. They underestimated our supplies and we ended up being charged DOUBLE what they said. They told us we had "worry free" service, it has been anything but! To top it off... they REFUSE to return our calls. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They do not stand behind a single thing they say. We have reported them to the feds!

Resolution response: Oct. 21, 2021

I gave 1 star in my previous review. After hours of being on the phone and waiting for return calls I finally spoke to a supervisor at Priceline and after another couple of hours the problem was fixed. I have added an additional 2 stars because the supervisor made the attempt to help and made the adjustments to make the connection times possible. I will not use Priceline in the future.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

A confirmed & paid for flight times were changed by the airline, allowing 35 connections at O’Hare making it impossible to manage & the airport for the connection is very small with limited incoming flights which means the flight would be missed. The airline cannot make any adjustments to a Priceline booked reservation, Priceline has refused to help in any way. They say I must go through the airline, the airline says I must go through the booking agent. Priceline says not to call them for any issues until the flight is 7 days away (I call a month away as it is a holiday time flight) however they tell me the schedule change was emailed 3 weeks before I called to have the changes imposed by the airline adjusted and Priceline says that their email is my acceptance of the change.

I am a VIP member and I will stop booking anything through Priceline. There are many other booking agencies or I will book through the airline or rental car company directly. Priceline has no customer service, does not honor their commitments and lies to the customer. In my situation there was no way I can do anything differently but I am being made to literally pay the price for other's actions.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I made a hotel reservation 3 months in advance. I received a complete itinerary from Priceline but when I got to the hotel not only did they not have my reservation but they were all booked up. Horrible.

Priceline Company Information