2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.60/5
Based on 2,712 ratings submitted in the last year

Priceline Reviews

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

We booked a hotel with Priceline in Fort Lauderdale at America's best for $180. The room was terrible. We called Priceline and they basically told us, "Oh well we seen on the reviews of the same hotel that they got the room for $80". I will never go through Priceline again. They were rude and terrible. They don't look at their site apparently. Don't ever go to that hotel and I just went on there to write a review and Priceline charging $200. The room is unlivable. It is ridiculous. I will never use them again. It has bad odor. The cable is actually duct taped into the wall. There's two towels for two people one washcloth. You have to ask for shampoo. Crack sealing smells like paint. It's ridiculous and all the way up the stairs and when you go in to check check-in all you smell is **.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

Our car broke down on our way to a hotel reservation made through Priceline. We were told by the dealership that the part would not be in until the next day. We asked Priceline if we could change the reservation to the following night. Priceline, although sympathizing with our plight, would not grant us the request. We even called the hotel to see if they would help us out, but they said it had to be Priceline’s decision. Needless to say, we lost our prepaid reservation. This is not the first time we have been duped by them, so my advice to anyone would be to use this website at your own risk.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I booked a hotel room with Priceline. Deal for $84. I would get one of three hotels named. The hotel was nice, nothing extra special. After continuing on my travels, I checked my Visa account. There was an unaccounted for $34+ charge. I called to find out what this was. It was handled very quickly and an email sent with explanation, however I was aghast that Priceline and the hotel - not sure where the charge came from - was almost 50% of the hotel room! I will never use Priceline again. This was my first time using them but I have used other companies and never had this exorbitant fee charged before!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Priceline offers an express deal that is more like a game of Russian roulette. So my wife and I tried it out not knowing about the hotels beforehand. We trusted that Priceline vetted its hotels when you are entering the parameters of what you're looking for and include that you have 3 small children under the age of 5. Anyway we stated that we’d like a 3 star hotel in Phoenix to crash for the evening and the hotel Priceline selected after we committed to purchasing the deal was the Ramada south Tempe. At first glance I was satisfied however once I looked at the reviews and nearby businesses I wondered what I subjected my family to. The Ramada parking lot is shared by a strip club and a ** dispensary and located right next to the freeway.

Nearly 80 percent of the reviews are negative, mostly saying it’s unsafe and unsuitable environment for families. Within 30 minutes of booking I called Priceline to ask if I could be moved to another hotel in the area, I even stated that I would pay for an upgrade and escalated my concerns to management. Priceline coldly offered no options or solutions. Priceline needs to be held accountable to vetting their product, they knew I had a family of younger children and sold me a hotel that put my family in harm's way. I’m very disappointed in Priceline and will advocate against their services.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

September 2019 bought Priceline tickets for 3 family members, express deal with Delta Airlines Carry-on and seat selection included. After purchasing tickets, I requested assistance with Priceline on how to select my seats. Priceline refer that I contact Delta, Delta would not honor seat selections, Priceline said go ahead purchase seats which cost 25 dollars per person, per flights until final designation and said they would repay me for the purchase, Priceline asked that I send them the receipts in pdf form and call to ensure they got the e-mail.

I have been trying to get Priceline to honor its word since December when I took my trip. I have all e-mail from Priceline saying they would reimburse me and the requirements to ensure repayments, I have emails where Priceline said my case is being reviewed since December 2019. Priceline now will not answer any of my email. I need advice on how I can resolve this matter. I am disappointed with PriceLine and I have all the legal binding proof that it is not honoring its advertisement. I have their email saying they will pay, My daughter have a recorded message with a Priceline representative stating they would refund our seat selection costs. I will continue seeking knowledge on how to receive my refund and hold Priceline accountable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

I am a frequent traveler. I often book with secondary sites to get the best deal possible. I have rented hotel rooms from Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com and others alike. I have never had an experience like this. I am traveling to Atlanta next month. We have to be at the airport at 5:30 in the AM. I was looking for a hotel in Atlanta. That is what I put in my search bar. I went to the pricebreaker page, and it was a hotel for $59. I was excited to see such a cheap rate. I had already looked other places and this was the cheapest I had found.

It plainly states you will get one of these rooms. I go to all three and make sure that if I get any of the three I will be happy. Then I proceed. Once on the com formation page, the third hotel is switched out and replaced with a hotel in Norcross, which is in the opposite direction I live in and still 38 minutes from the airport! No I didn’t notice the change, but I have never experienced this before. I called and told the person I felt betrayed and misled. How can you change the choices after I have made my decision? And the customer service was no help.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

There was a problem in my building regarding heat and hot water. My son and I stayed at the Extended Stay in Edison, NJ. By accident, I believe that I had extended my hotel room in Edison when in fact it was the Woodbridge Extended Stay. Upon realizing my mistake I called and spoke to the manager Lorenzo who told me that he understood and that he would refund my money. He lied. Extended Stay AND Priceline kept $655.00 of my money even though they conceded that I booked in error. As a single mother I would never use Priceline or stay at an Extended Stay hotel ever again. I now do Airbnb where if I make a mistake, no one robs me of my money. No incidentals or anyone holding your credit card hostage. I also use Turo to rent cars. Much better prices and results.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I reached out several times as to where my hotel reservation is and customer service representative doesn’t seem to care about my issues. They kept telling me they will get back in which they don’t get back. Horrible customer service.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

I recently booked a 3-day hotel using Priceline, which was the first and will be the last experience using this company. I researched prices via Expedia, Trivago, Booking.com, and Priceline all at the same time and found all the prices comparable around the $660- $680 price point. For Expedia, Booking.com, and Trivago it clearly stated beside the price either 'CAD' or 'C' - however on Priceline it just showed the final price without indication of currency beside the price before confirming. Because all the prices were around the same price point, and when you go through Trivago showing "C $150" (CANADIAN CURRENCY) and click the Priceline option which just showed in Canadian dollars, I would expect to be paying Canadian dollars, however the Priceline website changes to USD and is only displayed in the top right corner of the website, not beside the price which is still reflected at $150 - matching what Trivago just advertised in Canadian currency.

I didn't realize I was paying in USD when I confirmed our reservation with Priceline for the same room (1 King, lake view, north tower for 2 guests) when the same room and hotel were advertised around the same price in CAD on other sites until I saw my credit card statement a week later and was charged over $300 more for the exchange.

When I called customer service I got the run around from every agent who were more interested in telling me how I was in the wrong, USD is clearly shown at the time of booking, and there wasn't anything they were willing to do. Even when I went back to all the sites I researched before booking, Priceline is the ONLY site among its competitors that does not clearly state the currency beside the price for booking. It's hidden at the top of the page, and at the bottom in fine print - not right beside the price you're paying. I find this incredibly misleading and the website is not user friendly, especially when you click from one site showing the price in CAD and then Priceline shows the same price but now in USD.

Even when I looked at manually changing the currency to CAD on Priceline's website and searched the same room I booked, it was over $100 cheaper than what I paid in USD after the exchange. When I explained this to the Supervisor with Priceline's "Customer Service" they still insisted there was nothing they could do. Worst customer "service" experience and hotel booking I have had and will never use Priceline again. Even now with recognition I need to pay more attention to new booking websites to ensure the currency I am paying is what I intend to pay, the lack of customer service from Priceline to offer any kind of resolution has turned me off from ever wanting to support this company in the future or recommend them to any family or friends to save them the hassle and frustration.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

Priceline has the review that they have in general for a reason. I am not quite sure where they think they are getting their deals from, but their deals? Are not deals in any way, shape or form. This is the second and last time Priceline has screwed me over. I booked a hotel via Priceline for St Petersburg Florida, actually to be more specific Bay Pines Florida, I was supposed to have a suite, I was supposed to have a king size bed, I was supposed to have a hot tub, i was supposed to have a kitchenette, I was supposed to have a safe!! Yet,... I have two double beds, no hot tub, no kitchenette, no safe, and absolutely nothing that I paid for. Oh you better believe that I talked to Holiday Inn Express downstairs and let them know, and they said, "I'm sorry sir, there's nothing we can do about it. This is the best available that Priceline sent us." Really!!!? No! Not cool! I paid for a better room and they give me crap? Never ever again.

Priceline Company Information