3.09/5
Based on 2,676 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a travel site?

Priceline

Looking for a travel site?

3845 Priceline Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Reserved a private condo in Chicago for one night, an overnight business trip. Fly in early. A full day of meetings. 5:30 pm trying to locate the property, all I was given was an intersection and a building name. Tried to call the contact number. Got a busy signal. Then get an email saying they cancelled my reservation because they could not process my credit card. Called the number in the email. Got a non-native speaking individual that said he could not do anything for me. If you like playing games feel free to use these jokers, if you need reliable, competent services go somewhere else. Oh yeah and to be perfectly clear the credit card they could not process was easily processed by the hotel I was able to find a room in.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I bought an airline ticket to see my niece in the military at Alexandria LA and paid $70.00 to pick my seat. When I went to check in I went from seat 14a to seat 37a. Neither Priceline or United had a reason other than the seat I chose was already taken but the diagram on the plane was an empty seat.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Ok folks! On August 23 booked a package with Priceline! Hotel/Flight/car for 3 nights at Clearwater Florida! Cost was $1254.00 or so for 2 adults! Priceline sent me a confirmation receipt not once but twice! The hotel was beautiful and we checked in no issue and the person at the guests services looked at my confirmation # and so on an so forth.. She mention ok package is paid so only money was collected for incidental and valet parking.

Now at checkout we were presented with a $900.00 dollars bill!!! WTF and we were informed it was for non payment! That Priceline used a third party company Booking.com and this is only a reservation and only they paid for one night! I was fuming! So I had to run to the airports but I explain to the guest services I have my receipt! They replied, "We are sorry but we need payment." It was the most embarrassing situation! The hotel said, "Ok we will give you until this afternoon to solve the issue with Priceline/Bookit.com." So by the time I reached home the hotel already charged my credit card $900.00 dollars.. no joke!

Ok now I spend 2 hours on the phone with numerous person from an foreign country which doesn’t know clearly how things work here in the USA!! And of course they said, "Oops sorry it’s Booking.com fault!" The lack and poor customer service is ** insane. Finally I argued until I ran out of breath with no resolution! Folks Priceline is irresponsible and frankly they didn’t care about me putting them out there or exposing their mistakes. So far after email and trying to speak with an American or someone about their pay grade nothing is resolved. I received from Priceline many receipts stating 0 balance due at hotel! They never mention a doggone thing about payment! Customers please be aware about this disaster package from Hell from Priceline! And always call the hotel in advance to verify is this reservation is correct! Thanks for listening. Good luck on you future trips!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

In August I purchased a package for two through Priceline, flights, car rental and hotel accommodations. 2 weeks today before my trip I find out one of us cannot go on the trip. I knew Priceline rules of no refunds, so instead of losing out completely I called Priceline and the airlines to change the name on the second ticket so my friend could go with me instead. They said because of the type of ticket I purchased, the airline ticket was non transferable and non refundable. I said, "Well the package was offered through you all???" Priceline should be able to help in this type of situation. Changing a name on an airline ticket should not be a problem. So I am out for a $589 round trip ticket because of unexpected circumstances. No credit given for a flight in the future, nothing, from Priceline or the airline. I will never book a package deal from Priceline again nor will I use American Airlines.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

At today no refund from the hotel and Priceline don't care about! They washed their hands. We made a reservation three month ago through Priceline for three nights. We arrived late night. It's when the problem arrived. This hotel was overbook and no room for us! Imagine it's 1 am. The receptionist lied to us and tell us all the 10th floor had water damage. It was only overbook. I could put 5 stars to the receptionist. The second day she was nice, professional and find a room for us for the last 2 night. But when the pleasure is gone it's difficult to rate better. That's completely disrupted our weekend, and at today I didn't get refund ... wait and see. Tried to get refund for the first night because they were overbook, and relocated me in the room 101 at the Comfort Inn next to Holiday Inn. I dare anybody to sleep in this room, noisy, dirty, filthy. Shame on you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

For two days I tried to book a package on Priceline, it got rejected either for flight availability or hotel, fine. The problem is that every single time I didn't realize that the rental car was going thru and it was charging my account. I try getting help from Priceline but they said they couldn't help because I didn't book a package. Now two weeks later I'm still getting charge. This is simply ridiculous.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I recently rented a car through Priceline. I was promised one rate and when I received my credit card bill, the number mysteriously increased. Then, when I asked to see a breakdown, they would not provide it. And, told me that I'd already agreed to the charges. They are cheating people out of money, plain and simple. I will never use them again and I would think twice before booking through them with the other alternatives out there.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I booked a hotel through Priceline and the place was not as described. There was no continental breakfast which was the main selling point and was advertised on Priceline. There was no restaurant only bar which was not family-friendly. I brought this to Priceline's attention and was told that was “a matter of opinion.” But the fact that the place was packed with drunk patrons that were loud and swearing, clearly not suitable for children. It consisted of a bar and bar stools and 3 or 4 tables that were occupied and space reeked of alcohol and honestly my room was bigger than this so-called restaurant. The room and hotel were just disgusting. The chair that was in the room was so filthy we did not touch and as was the carpet and there was pubic hair in the tub. Not to mention the next morning I went to get ice from the machine and was brought to tears when I saw the mildew ridden, nasty ice machine.

Unfortunately, I was unaware this the night before because it was dark and I had used some in my water. We brought this to the attention of Priceline and they were not very helpful and pretty much said we had to take it up with the hotel which in turn told us we had to take it up with Priceline. Now I will say I did receive a $20 refund but only because Priceline misadvertised the continental breakfast. I only was made aware of most of the issues the next day. I was not able to inspect the hotel before arrival and I had no idea of these issues. I depended on Priceline to provide accurate information for this hotel and therefore did not cancel when I could have. If I had decided to not stay there I would have been charged regardless. As a disabled individual on a very low income, I wasn't able to pay for another hotel and this one. I will stay away from Priceline and Belle Oasis in Homosassa FL I warn you to do the same.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Unfortunately, My son broke his Jaw in two places and I had to return my rental car after one day rather than 6 days to return home. The "wonderful" Priceline refused to refund the unused additional rental day. I can't believe a company can get away with unjust enrichment (profiting off of someone else's misfortune). Terrible company and I would not recommend them ever to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

I booked a hotel on Priceline.com for a room in Thailand at Suvarnabhumi Hotel. My reservation was paid in full at time of booking. This reservation had an option to cancel and get a full refund if done within 4 days. I canceled my reservation two weeks prior to my stay, and got a confirmation of my cancellation. However, Priceline refused to issue a refund and they told in Chat to contact this parent company Agoda. Well I contact Agoda, they said they are waiting for the bank to process a refund since it had to do with currency conversion.

3 weeks later, I still don't have my refund. I called Priceline again, but insisted for me to call Agoda stating it is not their problem and they don't have a way to contact Agoda (their sister company). I booked my reservation via Priceline not Agoda. Why can they help. Be careful when shopping on your travel needs. Do not give your business to Priceline. This is a very dishonest business practice. It is not worth it, stay away!

Priceline Company Information