3.1/5 (3875 ratings)

About Priceline

Priceline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

On 12/13/2021 after reporting my concerns with Priceline customer service and the Hotel's manager they deflected the issues of ADA-complaint Hotels associated with their website. The hotels I was booked into only had 1 room with ADA-features and they were taken. When I contacted customer service the 1st time, I was hung up on, the 2nd time I was haggled, routed and deflected to other customer services workers. I needed easy access to use the bathroom amenities, none was provided.

The day of my check-in, I was engaged into a deflected, haggling, badger match with an employee, at (Holiday Inn Express). That Hotel employee gave me the impression he wanted my credit card and for me leave the premises. The room triggered my Asthma because I smelled: Molded, Mildew, Latrine chlorinated waste the entire time of my stay. The remote control had dried body debris/fluid left over. The toilet was a miniature size, and I was never offered any ADA devices. The refrigerator whined, and when I approached the Front desk with my ADA need, I was asked "what's that" by another employee with Holiday Inn Express.

On 12/13/2021 I spoke with Priceline customer service and Holiday Inn Express Manager and my concerns were ignored and denied. I am horrified by this experience, embarrassed by the Hotels staff, and will never stay and that location again. The Hotel staff took almost 45 minutes to check me in, and I was unable to get any food, all delivery had stopped. It took me 45 minutes to find the Hotel. Holiday Inn Express Tower Center New Brunswick, 4 Tower Center Boulevard, East Brunswick, NJ 08816. Hotel phone number 732-247-6800.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

I booked a hotel that ended up being a motel and after a homeless person tried to break into my room I left and Priceline was issued a refund for the 5 remaining night. They refused to return my money. They promised a refund and their managers lied to me for a week and now say the case is closed.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

I didn’t like the deal which you pay first to know later what it is. I’m paying a LOT for 1 night to stay at …. Super 8?! Really?! I can’t even cancel cause it’s an “express deal”. What a joke…. Very deceiving.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

My parents were denied boarding because was PCR test was not done in 24 hours. I called the airline to change tickets to the next day they called me to call the Priceline as they were the agent with who I booked my tickets. To avoid ticket transfer fee I called Priceline. I called Priceline a few times before I could get thru the call center. It was one call for 2 hours, attached the proof of call screenshot, she asked my credit card for change price, booked me, confirmed flight and sent me this email attached sample. I asked her for the receipt for the trip. She did not have it. So, she hung up. I called twice, they hung up and the third time I was told I will receive a callback in an hour. It was the middle of night in US. I fell asleep. I receive an email after 6-8 hours that this change was made directly by me so the priceline is not responsible. I checked the airline and my confirmation was canceled. In the meantime my parent was on their way to airport.

I called Priceline to help with this. Olivia's supervisor hung up on me as I am panicking. My parents are heart-patient and stressed out with all this stress. Ian took complained and told not one can help me right now. I will be escalated. In the meantime, what should my parent do to wait at airport? Called Priceline 5 times today three-time yesterday with no help.

I have used Priceline in past but I am going to put this information on social media with all the proof. I will get the IP test done where the email came from. It was priceline agent who booked it and emailed me. If your employees are not trained and this results in stress for the elderly customer, it is shameful for the executives to have a service that cannot resolve this issue.

I called the airline. Paid fees to transfer tickets and the difference to get a new ticket and the struggle they have to go thru as their meals cannot be changed. I had paid extra for seats which is useless as they cannot get desired seats. Thank you very much for the extraordinary service by Priceline. Also, my credit card was taken by an employee and this is one more fraud. So I had to go thru canceling that.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

I booked a hotel that stated it was pet-friendly. I drove 4 hours try to check-in and was turned away because they are NOT pet-friendly. Pinky a manager at Priceline was extremely rude and not helpful!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

I had a vacation planned so I booked a hotel through Priceline with a flexible cancellation policy. My household ended up getting covid so I had to utilize the flexible cancellation. I expected a refund but Priceline said the hotel had the final decision on cancellation. That is not what the reservation screen said when I booked and I had proof in screenshots that I sent. Priceline basically said that my proof was invalid and they would not honor the offer they had made for flexible cancellation.

I had escalated the issue to corporate and their response was the same. Finally, after numerous emails I had someone (I have name and email proof) offer a goodwill refund based on the documents I sent as proof. The refund never came!! I emailed to follow up on the promise of this refund and never received a response. They are liars who are only out to steal money and give customers the runaround. It is gross that this multi-million dollar company continues to get away with these shady business practices.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

I utilized Priceline services. I was not notified of the airline change until the day before my departure. I called Priceline and they basically told me to call the airline directly. They offered no further assistance.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

Priceline should not be in business any longer. I had to cancel my trip August 2021, due to the rise of COVID again. I was told by the customer service rep that I will have a credit good until 5/2022 and I only had to pay a service fee and taxes. I called Priceline Dec 4 & Dec 5 to schedule a flight due to a death in the family. The original tickets were $286.00 per ticket for a family of 4. The rep said I need to pay an additional $1,000.00 because the prices went up and this what the airline is charging. If you have two different airlines as departure and arrival you will be transferred to different departments. The rep told me she could not give me the discount for Delta, but did not explain why until I became upset about it and then she started yelling and screaming at me over the phone and said the credits are given per each airline department and you will be transferred once I process your American airline tickets.

I ask to speak to a supervisor and she was no help at all. I tried to find something cheaper but the prices were sky rocket high on all other travel sites. The worst part of this I was given misinformation of only just paying for the service fee and taxes. So I ended up paying the extra $1,000.00. The rep said we are going to charge each ticket as an individual transaction because we need your authorization. I advise the rep the this would not be a good idea because my credit card company may suspect fraud activity. And it sure did happen with the last transaction as it was declined. I ended up having to use another credit card which was ridiculous. I received a confirmation from my returning flight, but not the departure which is Dec 09. I called Priceline as of today Dec 08 and was told by two reps they do not see my departure flight confirmation anywhere.

I was transferred to a travel specialist and was told I would be able to speak to a supervisor, but that didn't happen. I was transferred to an automated system to leave a message for the supervisor to call me back, which was over an hour. The good part of this was the supervisor was able to find my flight confirmation for my Dec 09 trip. He could not email me the confirmation, it was received over the phone-(strange). I did go on Delta website to confirm my flight and it is now confirmed. This is the worst ever experience, first and last- never no more I will use these lowdown corrupt third party travel sites again. I know everybody has their own experience and may be different. Do yourself a favor and stay clear from Priceline. Dec.08, 2021.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

The hotel room was loud, there was a speaker outside my room with music until 3 am. I complained to the hotel and Priceline, but they kept bouncing me back and forth. Found out that price line charged me $350/night for a room that is $150/night. I will never use them again.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

The worse vacation package of my life by far. I took my long term partner on a 5 star "all inclusive" vacation package for 9 days. 1st, we we not told about the new E tickets requirement to enter the Dominican republic, which cause a delay that made us miss our flight departure. After calling customer service, we never got an apology or any type of compensation whatsoever, all that to being told after two hours of being transferred several time and having two call backs, that they were not going t help us out and hang up on me. "I've recorded everything".

2nd, the next day, got the E ticket, got on the plane, and got to the republics. To realize there was no one from Priceline to direct us to our transportation to the hotel. To realize that there was NO Transportation Provided To the Hotel. So, we had to find a taxi and fight off several taxi drivers trying to take off with our luggage, till police came to stop them from fighting among themselves. All that to finally being over charged and being thrown on a small rundown bus from the "our airline".

3rd, extending our stay. This was an ordeal experience of about two days of phone calls of calling the airline and Priceline back and forth just for the airline tickets. Since we missed our first flight they cancelled our return flight. Now it had to be reactivated and reopen to change the date. I did spend a good 8 hours of my vacation on the phone just for this. RIDICULOUS. Anyway, there was other things, but I have already wasted way to much time with them already. I have booked several hotels and several flights with them in the past with no trouble, but for ANY all inclusive packages, I Will Stay Away from them.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

12-5-21. I was on hold for 50 minutes for them to tell me that part of my flight is canceled and to call the airline directly. The airline says to call the booking agent. My husband is deployed and this would have been our only time to see each other this year. Thanks Priceline. I'm never using your services again and I will tell all of my friends and family to avoid it at all costs.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

I’m writing in regards to our recent booking through Priceline for flights with Alaska Airlines on October 26, 2021. Our experience with Priceline’s customer help was extremely disappointing. Customer service was unprofessional, inaccurate and entirely unhelpful. Upon arrival to Nashville airport to catch our first flight (Nashville - Seattle ###) we were informed that the second flight (Seattle - Victoria ###) was not in their system. We were told to take it up with Priceline since you were the third party vendor that sold us that flight. For the next hour I was on the phone with various agents who gave me opposing information, hung up while they said they were in the midst of booking us a new flight and saying untruths such as “We emailed/called to tell you that the flight was cancelled.” (This was untrue, we received no email and no phone calls. In fact, our itinerary from Priceline still showed the flight as scheduled. See attached screenshots.)

When we arrived to Seattle it became more clear that Flight # was never cancelled, it simply didn’t exist. Agents at Alaska Airlines customer support informed us that there are no Alaska Airlines flights that fly direct from Seattle to Victoria. It is clear that Priceline sold us a non-existent flight. Needless to say, this caused incredible stress, added 24 hours to our travel time for us to actually get home and personally cost us $400 dollars for additional Covid tests since the delay in arrival to Canada caused our initial Covid tests to expire their 72 hour time limit. All of this occurred with absolutely no help from Priceline at all.

I am extremely disappointed in the dishonesty and unprofessionalism from Priceline. We have booked through you dozens of times in the past but I’m sad to say that this has negatively impacted our opinion of you and it is no longer possible to positively recommend you to friends and family as we have in the past. Due to the incredible amount of stress and cost added to us to find our own way home, we expect a full refund of the booking.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

Priceline is THE WORST department to book a hotel with. They will keep hanging up on you when you call them and they do not listen to customers' concerns. I paid almost $2000 for a vacation. I call them to push it a week or get a refund. I even called my hotel and they said there was no problem. But Priceline would be very rude on the phone even one of the agents called me dumb on the phone. I lost all my money because they don't want to refund me. Very very very rude. Trust me to save your time and money, DO NOT BOOK WITH PRICELINE.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

Be very careful. They like to overcharge. I rented a car 10 a.m. on Wednesday. Returned it Friday at 10 a.m. 48 hours later and was charged for a three-day rental. It doesn't matter how many hours you have it. They charge you per day which is not 24 hours. Be very careful.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

Ordered a midsize car with Priceline and received a compact car. Even Toyota advertises as a compact car. Contacted Priceline about this problem only to find out they could do nothing about it. I ordered a midsize car for a reason!!!! Don’t rent cars with Priceline!!!!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I called Priceline on 10/4/ 2021 for lodging. The price I was quoted was extremely expensive. I began to search online while on the phone for deals. I found one! I told the agent (while on the phone) to cancel my reservation. I was transferred. Then disconnected. It is now December. Priceline will not give me back my money. I have three children. We need the money for rent. I’ve begged this company for my money back. Learn from my mistake. Very dishonest customer service. During call back, I recorded the conversation. Representative with ID number - ** told me I never called for a cancellation. I told her I could send phone records to prove I did call. Her story changed. They are liars. Book through another company.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

Me and my Bf were in Vegas and rented a car through Priceline. NEVER AGAIN. If you are European avoid at all costs. This road trip has been amazing so far!! Unfortunately we tried to rent a car on Sept 16 but not only were they very very rude and providing 0 solutions .. they unqualified us for a car for no reason at all. We already paid the full amount straight away and it's taking already almost 2 weeks and we haven't been refunded ... we paid full on the 16th and after several phone calls and chats... no response. So a not happy client. If you're road tripping don't choose Priceline or NU Car Rentals. They gave us wrong info and kept on stalling paying us back.

Now Dec 2nd after receiving contradictory info by priceline today Jennifer from the company told me were never going to see our 220 dollars again. First I had to call after 14 days. Then again after 5 cause they weren't able to contact NU. Then they said I had to wait some more only to tell us after 1.5 months later we're not getting our money back at all. We've totally been scammed. We had a valid driver's license and credit card. The reason we got declined was because they just felt like it. We even took a local there to help us out. I would avoid this company and never ever recommend this to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I chose Priceline to rent a car at the Toronto International Airport. The results showed that Economy Car Rental is in the Airport. As we learned upon arrival it was not. It involved a shuttle with my family of 7 and 2 grandchildren. Priceline clearly indicated it was in the Airport. Even their follow up survey advertises that Economy is "in the Airport". I asked the rental company if their landlord was Pearson International. They said unsure who it is but they don't pay rent to the Airport. I looked at a legal survey and Economy is 3 km outside the legal boundaries of the Airport. These guys stretch and stretch the truth til it becomes an outright lie and no one can scold them for dishonest behaviour. Never use Priceline again. There are so many others that aren't out to swindle you.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

Priceline bookings are the worst I have seen, once you paid the amount upfront you are done, there is no refund or help whatsoever. Booked a hotel, had family emergency and had to leave (cannot change the dates or cancel or even convince hotel to refund-as per Priceline). Booked a car, want to change the pickup time, cannot do anything on their part. What can you do then? Charge the card and that's it? Priceline owes me more than $400 and I want the refund and apology from them. Worst booking site ever used.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

This company fools people by showing wrong information about hotels in their website and when you complain, they don’t take responsibility. Don't believe them, double check about the hotel you book with them because any of the amenities which they highlighted could not be there in actual. We choose one hotel because they highlighted hot buffet in their website but in the morning I got only small muffin and small orange juice in breakfast and when I complained Priceline for showing wrong information about their website, they didn’t took any responsibility.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

The Express deal ticketing procedure is deceptive. Makes you feel like you might receive something close to the times you want. HA. For some reason I received the absolute worst routing and even worse times. BEWARE and ensure you can accept the absolute worst possible flight schedule available.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I booked a room with a Jacuzzi through Priceline at Quality Inn in Graham NC. Priceline booked me a room for a 1 King bed. They will not refund my money or credit my account. I had to pay $113 more to get the room that I booked for a Mommy Get Away. I have communicated with 3 different agents and has given me a major headache. As I have researched, Priceline is known for this. Why is Priceline still running, robbing people???

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I used Priceline to book a trip for work. When I returned, I saw that I had an extra charge and contacted Priceline to get a breakdown of the bill. They can't give you a breakdown because it is a bundled rate.... Somewhere there should be a breakdown of the bundled rates that I was charged, so they can't tell me if I was double charged. How convenient....

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I purchased Collision damage insurance in advance for car rental booking with priceline.com. But later I found out that thrifty car rental doesn't honor other than their in house Collision damage coverage insurance. So I just wasted $39. It was very misleading. Priceline need to stop selling this ** Allianz global assistance product.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

If this review can stop even one person from going through Priceline and this hotel, then my money at least are not totally lost.

1. Starting off, went through Priceline and got charged another $ 1,100 at the hotel for the kids that I included in the booking while searching for a family of 5 (total scam!!!).

2. Hotel room was nice, staff is very uptight and not friendly. Everything seemed like a burden to them with fake smile.

When we order food, they will not bring half of it (haven’t gotten a single appetizer or a salad in 5 days in all the restaurants even though we ordered it, they will take the order and then just bring our main plate and that’s it.) Food itself was not good. Haven’t gotten a single offer for a drink as well, had to ask for it every time and tip, so they don’t look at you like they hate you lol.

Beach is non existent for swimming. Little area that’s allowed to be in the water and it’s a little over a knee deep. Out of 5 days we only went into the water twice which is a huge bummer :(. Overall I was scared that we won’t get back to USA, everyone and everything seemed sketchy. I don’t ever leave reviews but this was by far the worst vacation we have ever had and ended up costing me so much more money than expected. As to Priceline I’ve never had issues with them, but from now on, I will never use their site again just simply because it’s financially dangerous!!!!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

Booked a room down in Atlanta GA through Priceline. Hotel tried to give us a dirty room, refused to give us a clean room. People in parking lot telling me to move my vehicle or it's going to get nasty. Priceline said we have to stay in nasty dirty room and hostel environment. Someone is going to get hurt and Priceline doesn't even care.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

I allowed Priceline to see my location to rent a vehicle nearby for a very special event. I made the reservation for just the day. I got the itinerary and the pickup-drop off was inaccurate. It would have cost me $180/dollar commute to do this and over 2 hrs drive time. I tried calling immediately. No human service. Just an automated system that loops you around in circles and tries to sell you things. We tried for hours to reach someone. We walked to the car rental company near us which is the same one they used. Just a different branch. They couldn't help us in person with the reservation. We had to resent another vehicle directly through Sixt then try and handle the other reservation through priceline by disputing it with our credit card company. This is a major scam and we hope to save others from making the same mistake. Do not give your business to Corporations who do not care about their customers and they will go out of business eventually.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

Priceline offered a car rental reservation with a company called Nu Car in Baja Mexico. I paid for a car for 14 days. Upon arrival, the car rental company attempted to require an additional $500 usd for "insurance". This was in no way documented in the rental agreement. I did. Not accept the car. Priceline has attempted to deflect responsibility, but in fact, they sold me a service and did not provide it at the cost specified. Which is theft. Even if the car rental received the bulk of the financial benefit, priceline received a portion of the money and are therefore responsible. They benefited from this bait and switch, which is illegal. Attempting to deflect responsibility to the car rental agency is dishonest. They are party to the transaction and receive money from it so they bear responsibility. I would advise all consumers to avoid Priceline entirely. They are attempting to slow walk a refund. This is not an honest company.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

Booked a flight with Priceline. Card was charged twice. Second charge still processing. Funds on hold till it is 'settled' thereby depriving me of money to shop for my trip. Ridiculous experience. Wish I had used a different website.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

My business trip was changed (not canceled) by one day. I had already booked my rental car so called to see what it would take to change it by one day. I thought there might be a small fee and I was willing to pay that. First I had to wait on hold for a long time to speak with someone who spoke very poor English. I had to ask her to repeat every other thing she said, unfortunately. Ultimately I received a lot of dodging of direct questions and "I'm very sorry I can't help you..." over and over. The long and the short is that they refused to work with me at all and directed me to the rental car company (Thrifty). Thrifty, of course, told me to call Priceline. I'll never use them again. I've had much better experiences with Hotwire and Kayak.

Priceline Company Information