2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

3.3/5 (3840 ratings)

About Priceline

Priceline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priceline?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

Booked a hotel on Priceline knowing in advance due to the rate I would not receive points but was shocked to find out that I spent $166.00 x 4 nights and could not get credit for the nights stayed toward my status. This is a little detail that Priceline fails to disclose in the booking. The way they screw you is by not attaching your Loyalty number to your reservation. When you ask the hotel to add it at checking they advise you call Priceline. This is when the run-around starts. BUYER BEWARE, do not use Priceline unless you are looking for no frills, no service and a complete ** attitude when trying to get service from Priceline.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

I purchased 2 1 way Air tickets from Priceline. When it was time to use the tickets I noticed they misspelled my name. I called customer service to get my name changed correctly on the tickets. The male rep put me on hold for 30 - 40 minutes and when I said something to him about the long hold he became indignant and became abusive. I asked him to hang on the phone until I received my confirmation email and he stated that he wouldn't do that and hung up on me. Will never use Priceline again.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

Don't book through Priceline, it's bad & dishonest company. Every time I called for resolutions, they kept lying and had no intention to solve the problem. Tried to book flight, I got kick out during finalize payment step. I never received a booking confirmation through email or text message. I called Priceline asking about the reservation giving them all sources of information.. Last name, phone number, and email address connected with the reservation in case I mistakenly entered any wrong information (honest mistake).

The agent couldn't find the booking, telling me the reservation didn't go through otherwise I should received an immediate confirmation if reservation went through and shortly via email after booking. I told them I didn't get both. So, I had to book the second time for same people and similar itinerary. This time I got the confirmation after payment posted and follow up with email. Before 24 hours cancellation window allowing approached, I checked Priceline for the reservation based on last name and email, it showed only one reservation I did the 2nd time.

Then I got the bill showing Priceline charged me approximately $650 USD twice for same passengers, same traveling day, but different airlines. First I contacted Priceline many weeks before the travel day, they claimed couldn't find second reservation and they didn't charge twice. I contacted the credit card company, they confirmed I was charged twice. I contacted Priceline again 2nd time, they asked for proof that Priceline charged my bank twice. I submitted the statement to their accounting department. They said they would contact me within 48 hours which they never did.

3rd attempt call, the Priceline agent said they looked into the case and the duplicate charge would be reversed... Never happened. Then 4th call the agent said accounting department still looking into the claim. 5th time call to follow up with the pending case, they said they would NOT refund the duplicate charge because the reservation went through.. Pretty much is not their fault if I never received the booking confirmation. I don't know how these people can sleep through the night cheating & stealing money from people. They can steal $650 from me but they lose one business forever. It's first time I used Priceline and that will be the last.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

We booked our hotel middle of September. Arrived to our hotel at 9pm when we landed and hotel was closed down. We found out the hotel was closed down in August. We called Priceline and they would not do anything to fix the situation even though they booked us at a closed hotel. So here we are stranded in New Orleans first time here not knowing what to do. Trying to find a last minute hotel sucked. We found one finally for 400$. We should have not gone through this and Priceline should have placed us elsewhere since they messed. But nope they didn't care. Will never use them again. This is a zero star.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I booked airline tickets from Houston to Manila and paid flexible change, which means I will pay only the difference of the rate at the time if I reschedule my tickets, in this pandemic period to protect myself. But Priceline.com keeps stealing from me. I called Princeline.com agent to reschedule my tickets today. I called 5 times this morning, and in the first 3 time agents kept silent after said Hello playing music all the way. Then the 4th time and 5th time had a lady agent tried to help. I presented the trip and tickets I found in Kayak.com, then she asked carefully the flight numbers then give me a price which is over $3300 more expensive than the rate I found in Kayak.com. Her explanation is "Kayak.com is not Priceline.com" and her price is from Priceline.com. This made me very uncomfortable, but I decide that I will try to find a trip in Princeline.com then call its agent to do the reschedule again.

I searched the trip in Priceline.com in the evening again and found the proper trip with reasonable price, even though rate has doubled. I called Priceline.com. An agent started working on the reschedule of my trip. What surprised me is that she told me that she cannot use the price searched/displayed on Priceline.com but can only use another system's rate, then you know what happened -- the rated is over $2000 much more than the price displayed on Priceline.com -- same depart/return dates and same flights but price has gone up by over $2000.

I kept asking is this is Priceline.com policy for you agents to cheat customers in this way this time after the same situation happened to me twice already, she can say nothing but silent, still insisted on that she can only let me have this price. I told that I will put what I experienced today on the web review, but she can only kept silent. I would say, GUYS stay away from Priceline.com which is stealing all of us with its policy and training to its agents.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Priceline, and their garbage "insurance" are an absolute joke! Talk about false advertising! Don't even bother trying to save a few pennies going through them and their absolute dumpster fire of an "insurance" company! It is all a scam and fraud. They advertise "worry free booking", etc and then they hit you with the fine print after you have paid. Even if you have a legitimate claim they will just tell you that you don't, too bad, so sad. The combo is a shake-down scam.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I booked a room through Priceline that said it was pet friendly. I called the hotel just to make sure that they were pet friendly the next day before going to check in and they said that they are not pet friendly and they only allow service animals. I called Priceline to try to get the situation rectified so that I could book another room that would allow me to bring my dog with us since we were on a road trip. And they said that it’s a nonrefundable room that I have booked and because of that I was out $100. So I wasn’t able to actually book another room. When their website said on there that it was a pet friendly hotel. Not a service animal only friendly. This advertising is incorrect and should not be allowed and they need to chance that.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

I booked a Hotel reservation using Express Deal. Before making the final booking, I called Priceline and reconfirmed the final amount. The Priceline Customer Service Representative confined that whatever is shown on Priceline.com will be the final amount, including all taxes. When I was checking out from the hotel, they asked me to pay the resort fee, which was 204$. At that time, I called Priceline again to check this. I was on the call with them for approximately 35 minutes, out of which I was on hold last 15-20 minutes. Since I had to catch my flight, I hung up the call and paid the resort fee.

When I called that Priceline after reaching home to request the refund, Priceline dropped the 1st call; on the next call, I told the same thing for the 3rd time, and then again, I was transferred to a senior person. A senior person raised a ticket and within 2 hours got back to me. The customer representative said that you clicked on the 'Complete Booking' button at the time of booking, which implies that "By selecting Complete Booking you agree to the Booking Conditions (this link opens in a modal dialog) Terms and Conditions, and Privacy Policy." In this section, a small line mentions that the customer is responsible for paying resort fees at the hotel.

I told them that I confirmed this with Priceline before booking the hotel, and he/she did not mention such a thing, but again the person on call was not listening and was changing the statement every minute. After that, they said they would investigate the phone recording; however, even if they confirm that the customer representative gave the wrong information, I won't get any refund. This happened when I was a VIP Blue member of Priceline.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

Priceline travel sucks. I've been using their services for well over a decade. My daughter and I were supposed to be traveling to Atlanta to go to an awards ceremony on the 13th of this month but, my daughter has her meeting for a Congressional Nomination to try and get into the Naval Academy the same day. We just found this out today. Our trip is 9 days away and we booked a full package trip with them (air, hotel and car). All is not refundable or even transferable! I can't get a straight answer from anyone. Priceline says it's the operator's policy, not theirs. I call the individual operators and they tell me to call Priceline. Unreal.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

When making reservation and entered arrive date and checkout date, confirmed and was requested payment type, gave that information and hit continue the confirmation sent to me came up with entirely different arrival date than what I entered. I could not back it out or change it. I immediately called the toll free # on confirmation and they told me I would be charged for that day and could not cancel because it was within 14 days of the arrival date. I insisted they made the date change from what I originally entered and they again told me I would be charged anyway. I would not recommend them at all. I'm out $135.00 because of their dishonesty.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

Priceline lies about VIP members getting special deals on hotel fees. On Priceline.com, I was told that I would only have to pay $7 per day for hotel fees, because I'm a VIP member. It's a lie. The hotel charged me $51 per day and priceline just said I have to pay those fees to the hotel directly. Well priceline, your website said I would only have to pay $7 per day to the one hotel and nothing extra to the other hotel. I spent hours on chats and phone calls with priceline and the hotels, and everything pointed back to it being a priceline error. Oh and did I mention that the priceline agents pretended to not understand anything that I was saying? I had to repeat the issue I had about 15 times. What a joke! Do you think I got my money back? NOPE! They have to be stopped. Bait and switch isn't legal priceline.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

Customer service intentionally cut the phone. They did several times. They do not resolve issues. Poor customer service is bad business. I got a ticket from clt to yyz to yyt. Ac canceled the flight to yyz. Priceline will not fix the issue. I booked with Priceline. Why do you have to tell me to talk to Aircanada. You should talk to aircanada.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

I went to book a flight and the company had an immediate book now with a representation of a reasonable flight itinerary. I booked it and it then put me on a completely unreasonable schedule where I not only was going to be on a layover that would have me arrive the wrong day, but was such an extreme layover that I could actually drive in less time. I immediately called to rescind and ask for a refund and they responded by unilaterally confirming my flight and demanded nearly 100 to cancel. I told them I was disputing the charge and they responded by only refunding by a credit the amount they were willing to refund.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

We booked a hotel with Priceline months in advance for the Formula 1 races in Austin, TX - We got the Sleep Inn in Round Rock, TX. We printed out all confirmation info. and had it on our phones & even received a "time to check in" reminder from Priceline! When we got to the hotel (Sleep Inn) day before the race we were told they had no reservation with for us and no rooms available (We had 2 rooms booked with them!!!) - We showed them the confirmation information and they would not accept it saying it was with Priceline.

We called Priceline and they called the hotel - still would not honor reservation - after many hours on the phone back and forth with customer service Priceline was not able to find us another hotel room anywhere & we were in Austin for the races without a place to stay! Priceline refunded our money for the hotel - We had to spend hours calling hotels/motels ourselves and ended up staying in San Marcos, TX paying $394 per night/per room for a Holiday Inn! We were not compensated by Sleep Inn nor Priceline. Always book hotel rooms directly with the hotel - and call hotel to confirm before you leave on your trip. Do not trust Priceline!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

I paid over $1000 and change in airfare mainly and a hotel booking in August 2021 to Priceline. I canceled the trip to Orlando because I saw my departure flight from NYC to Orlando was during a hurricane. Not to mention the high covid numbers in Florida at the time. I supposedly received a voucher for the airfare but Priceline won’t give me even the cheapest tickets with a face value substantially less than what I already paid them without charging me a $125 fee. This company did outright theft since obviously I can’t shell out more money on top of over $1000.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

I bought a package through Priceline for an airline ticket and a one way car rental which I also paid an $18 fee to cancel. When I landed I found out that there was no rental company near where the town I submitted to drop it off. I was told to make another booking and priceline would refund me for the other flight. When I talked to customer service after not seeing a credit and seeing that I was charged twice for the rental they then told me that was non refundable and they would refund me the extra 18 $ I paid to have a fully refundable reservation. So I paid for 2 rental cars. One would think they would at least keep their stories straight at the very minimum. Wasted way too much of my time and double charged me. Clearly that $18 refundable fee is also a scam.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

Priceline is not a legit company. First of all it's run by bunch of kids. :( If you need any help with the reservation expect zero help but instead expect fraud, nastiness and theft. They will not cancel or modify any booking and they expect you to get screwed. Especially if you book a car with "economy rent a car" you're literally walking to hell. Economy rent a car are nothing with no customer experience whatsoever. They are disrespectful, rude and dishonest kids. If you're OK with all of this go ahead and book with Priceline.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

Scammers!! Scammers!!! Beware!!! Beware!!! They take money from your bank or credit cards without your permission and claim there is nothing they can do. Priceline is a scam job. They put you in a 0 star cheap dump and call it a 4 star hotel. Beware!!! Scammers!! Thefts!!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

My son came in for the weekend and I had prepaid a hotel room at the Howard Johnson in Atlanta.. When my son reached his destination of the Howard Johnson hotel he was not only told that there was no shuttle service After midnight he was then told that his room had been booked and that the hotel was full with no transfers that price States on the is it a state on the app that there is and when he gets to the hotel it's booked up and there's nothing Priceline can do but refund me my money which takes 1 to 7 days. Took 3 days for me to get my refund. My son had to spend 2 nights in the Atlanta Airport. Because I was unable to pay for another night. Being I live paycheck to paycheck. No transfer no shuttle from airport. And the hotel was even called prior to validate reservation and time of my son's arrival. Thus was the most horrible experience ever. But the Slipknot concert was the best. The weekend for my son was unacceptable

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

This was the worse hotel I’ve ever stayed. It was a nightmare. Mold and mildew was so fragrant it physically has me sick. When reported to the hotel staff, the reply was “well how long have ya been in the room?” After explaining I had just gotten there, there was an awkward pause before the conversation abruptly ended. We immediately left but still were charged a parking fee of $15, taxes and a “resort fee” of about $12. I tried speaking with Priceline who I actually booked with and the advisor stated she can give me 15% off my next trip there. 2 fairly large multi million or billion dollar businesses offer a consumer $22.50 as recourse for this nightmare of a hotel. Please do not waste your time.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

Priceline is cheap because they compensate by giving you a code for 15% off of your next booking. If there is something wrong with your booking, the hotel will say, "Sorry you went through Priceline", then Priceline will say, "Sorry it was in our disclosures." It is a racket and takes advantage of people who have good faith in a hotel to provide a room that as advertised, which would be safe, clean and have working amenities.

My hotel was completely booked. My room - $250/night Marriott - had a broken air conditioner. The hotel could not move us rooms and promised to compensate us. So I left and never received compensation because I booked through Priceline. I lost respect for Marriott who would take my money after letting me sweat in a room all night long (with children) and then use Priceline as a scapegoat to not fix the situation.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

Priceline has pictures of a very clean Travelodge in Lincoln Ne and quoted a decent price so I reserved 2 rooms. When we showed up it was disgusting, trash all over and very rude front desk... on checking out they also charged us an additional 50.00.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

I reached out on my phone to - Priceline my app ...on this day, I just needed all of that day to go away!! I needed a shower and a bed! I booked the room-online, however I was not aware that I had booked it for the wrong time. I get off of work, go to the hotel… I booked it for later that day as a check in. Further locality-issue… Found out the-problem, Priceline had a partial remedy; 8 am when the hotel management arrived the paperwork via fax would have arrived by - Jake Priceline the agency! All will be the agent assured me it will be fixed! He instructs me to go ahead with the room intended, in essence double book!

Conclusion; hotel totally got the issues! They Fixed the problem totally.. submitted all proof of cancellation case closed!! Not even, Priceline calls unneeded the hotel, let’s the desk agent know that he -Priceline was not giving me any refund?? Then a laugh, I was told that the call commenced. I was on good terms with the woman working at the hotel, “Stephanie” reached out to me, letting me know…that Priceline in essence, was breaching verbal agreements made between myself, the agency … the new agent no longer “Jake”, now "Jammel?" on another Recorded line … does not have anything to say to me!! Just that he is not going to as assistant management in the department in the Philippines which doesn’t matter? But does it?? I am now concerned!??

So I am reaching out, I am going onto various sites, places that allow platforms to open up with discussions regarding bad business ethic! Furthermore, I’m learning details, facts, full names, reservation numbers, other victims, and now this site - Consumer Affairs of this same neglectful. “Ghost” is the only way I know.

I reached out on my phone to - Priceline my app … I just needed it all to go away with a shower and a bed! I booked the room-online, however I was not aware that I had booked it for the wrong time site. I get off of work, go to the hotel… I booked it for a later that day check in. Further locality-issue… Found out the-problem, Priceline had a partial remedy; 8 am when the hotel management arrived the paperwork via fax would have arrived by Jake with the agency! All will be fixed! Go ahead with the room you intended, in essence double book!

Conclusion; hotel totally got the issues! They Fixed the problem totally.. submitted all proof of cancellation case closed!! Not even, Priceline calls unneeded the hotel, let’s the desk agent know that he -Priceline was not giving me any refund?? Then a laugh I was told on his end and they end the call!! I was on good terms with the woman working at the hotel, she “Stephanie” had reached out to me, she let me know… Priceline in essence was breaching the verbal agreement that they had made with myself the hotel … the new agent no longer Jake, now Jammel? Recorded line … So I am reaching out, I am going onto all sites, places that allow for a platform to discuss this bad business ethics!

Furthermore, I’m learning details, facts, full names, reservation numbers, of other victims of this same neglectful way! “Ghosted” is the only way I know how to explain.. Priceline just vanished! Others feel the same!! how do I explain my situation?? .. Priceline vanished! I know Others feel the same!! I want to make contact with all of us! Shut them down!!!!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

I booked a room for work and didn't use the room. had to go somewhere else. Would not refund my money and wouldn't work with me. Couldn't even talk to a person. Stay very clear of them. They got me for almost $600. Be warned!!!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

Over the past weekend we went to a family wedding four hours away and had booked the hotel through Priceline. We show up Friday at 4 pm to Knights Inn (the hotel we had booked weeks ago).. we were told that priceline had cancelled our reservation (we did not receive a refund or an email of this) and too bad because the hotel was now fully booked. We were on the phone with priceline for over an hour and a half and they basically said sorry and would refund us the money. We explained we didn’t want a refund. We wanted a hotel room for two nights that we had previously booked. They did not help us find a new hotel and basically just said, "Too bad. Figure it out on your own." I will never use Priceline again as the area was fully booked (busy city and it was a weekend) and the company was extremely rude and unhelpful even though it was THEIR fault they cancelled our reservation and didn’t have the courtesy to tell us or initially send a refund.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

I had made a reservation for August 2021, due to circumstances, I had to cancel the package. Priceline reserved my airline ticket for another date. The date came. I called on October 14, 2021, to use my reserve ticket with United Airlines. Priceline did not notify me of the changes with the airline and Priceline. The customer service agent never received the new trip number, so Priceline never booked my reservation. I talked to 8 different agents, was placed on hold three times for more than 2 hours, and kept hanging up. I was put on hold many times by Priceline without being able to resolve my problem. I will make sure none of my family/ friends ever use Priceline. It is the worst experience I've ever had. I will never use this booking company ever. So disappointed and mad.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

Do NOT reserve through them. Tried to change the Rez to add 1 day and they refused to help, told me to contact the car rental comp, when I did that car rental wouldn’t let me change told me to call Priceline. It was insanity.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

I stayed at a facility that Priceline introduced me to. Sadly, although Priceline made money off of me, their intent seems to be to side with the host facility on issues rather than protect consumers (THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION PROTECTS POSTINGS SUCH AS THIS i.e. THE CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT). Point: I stayed at a facility that was so enraged that I called Priceline and complained about broken elevators, no service, being harassed in the parking lot (I PAID FOR 3 DAYS...STAYED A DAY AND A PART OF A DAY...THEN COMPLAINED AND DEPARTED ALTHOUGH I KNEW I'D GET NO REFUND) that she kept my 100$ deposit.

Did she tell Priceline that I was disruptive or damaged items? No. She never mentioned one time that I was a problem. I recorded Jason (Priceline records their calls) Kansas being a one-party state. She just kept 100$ because she she felt like it. Priceline said they'd have manager call. No. They said I would receive emails. No. I'd suggest to the public that Priceline gets paid whether or not you are happy, sad, are harassed or cheater EVEN THOUGH PRICELINE INTRODUCES YOU TO THE FACILITY. Priceline.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

I called Priceline for a motel room. I called and cancelled my other reservation after the guy on the phone promised me 5 times it included all fees. It locked me into a no cancellation deal and they won't do anything about it.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

The representatives were polite and did their best to provide the information they're obligated to give. I wish I could explain my situation better, but in short, my fiancé is being charged an unnecessary $186 for a rental car that won't even get used. I understand that there are policies in place, but having to call Priceline multiple times to adjust to military changes doesn't make the experience enjoyable. As a civilian, any form of on-base changes are out of my hands and I have no other choice but to go with the new schedule. Having to discuss "non-refundable" charges is the last thing I want to do when it comes to seeing my airman. I appreciate the good customer service, but I'm disappointed with Priceline's inability to accommodate fluctuating military family schedules.

Priceline Company Information