1.08/5
Based on 121 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Payless Car Rental

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 24, 2018

1000 Payless Car Rental Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

Payless at Orlando Airport (Florida) billed me $199 for glass damage but there was no glass damage. Then I read the attorney general of Arizona caught them in a glass damage fraud scam involving 80 phony glass damage bills. They had to pay a $139,000 penalty for lying and defrauding customers. But they're back at it again, this time in Florida. They won't send me any proof of damage and it's been months since I returned the car. I filed a Better Business Bureau complaint (directed at corporate office in Tulsa, OK) and a complaint with the Attorney General of Florida.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Avoid renting any cars here at all costs, will find any excuse to deny giving you the car including going against their own terms and conditions. Very unhelpful at front desk in Lisbon airport and prices are cheap but better to spend money elsewhere than deal with the headache.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Payless Car Rental Las Vegas Airport - This company does bad business. I rented a car from them and it had damage on the side. I brought it to their attention at the time of rental and they told me to take pictures and it would be fine. A month later, after I turned the car back in & received a clear receipt owing nothing, they are trying to charge me for the damage. The attendant that I turned the car in to even lied & said that I refused to fill out a damage report. They are dishonest!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Had a flight that was supposed to come in around 11:00 P.M. so I reserved a pickup for 11:45. It was going to be about 260 dollars for four days, which wasn't great, but we'd reserved late. The flight was delayed, and everyone in my family was sick, including my four year old, but we still managed to get to the pick up desk a few minutes before midnight. Unfortunately they had a massive line, I sat down with our daughter while my wife waited in line, by the time she got to a clerk it was about 20 minutes after midnight.

The clerk informed her that since we were picking up after midnight (30 minutes after our pickup time mind you) we'd lost the reservation and they could basically charge anything they wanted, which they said would be, at a minimum, 100 dollars more than our reservation price, and probably a lot more, but for some reason couldn't give us an exact number until we forked over our Credit Card. From the reactions of other people waiting in line they were doing the exact same thing to everyone there. We refused to play their game and for our trouble had to wander around checking prices at other rental places and eventually took a cab to our destination and rented a car away from the airport the next day.

Jokes on them because even after the cab fare the new rental ended up being less than their original quote, but it was still an awful experience. This company is run by thieves and grifters plain and simple. They know they have a captive audience, and that most people will just agree to pay 50% to 100% more rather than risk being stuck there without a car. It's a black mark on Expedia that they continue to include this company on their website.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I clearly told the clerk I do not need any additional coverage nor insurance loss waiver due to my employer's policy. I stated I declined ALL additional coverage but this clerk persist to push the extra coverage and intentionally made me signed the extra Loss Damage Waiver. As a result I was charged an extra $349.86 for two weeks of basic economic rental totaling $896.23. This is a fraud and unethical business practice, in which happened to many others in this same scheme. I've tried to contact the rental place as well as their customer service but USELESS. Not only they are NOT willing to admit this act but they are totally disrespectful both on the phone and emails, simply rude.

I rent a lot of cars thru other companies such as Budget, Dollar and Enterprise for work travel, never had any problems like this. I trusted Payless to do what I have asked but they are not only irresponsible but unprofessional. I will report this to the BBB and continue to warn people on social media. Don't let Payless deceive you, go to Budget and other rental agencies and save yourselves a lot of headaches and money! (Payless Denver Intl Airport).

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Payless Car Rental?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Do not be fooled when seeing that Payless has the cheapest rate when booking a car. You will end up paying far more than the original quote. I feel cheated. I was quoted $486 as TOTAL to pay. Charges to my credit card exceed $700. I have disputed the charges and some have been dropped. So I am boycotting Payless and also Avis who own Payless. Shame on you Avis. I will rent from Enterprise from now on.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

On Jan 2, 2018 I rented a car for 1 day at SMF. I came into town from PHX for the day to see my sister’s grave. I picked the car up at 926am. I was given a blue Hyundai Sonata. I did a complete walk around. Everything seemed fine. I drove out of the lot and down the road and the tire pressure light came on. I was already running late and could not turn around so I flipped the menu on to see the psi. All the tires were at 40psi except for the front left which was at 30. I drove up the road and put air in the tire which cost $3.00. I then continued on my way to Fairfield. The light came on again. I pulled over and tried to call roadside assistance but was put on hold forever. I put another $3.00 in air in the tire. I made it to my nieces in Fairfield. The tire was losing air fast. I called the customer service number at the bottom of the rental agreement. Nobody answered.

I tried calling another number on the agreement. The lady was rude. She said that she was a Budget rep and could not help me. I said, "Then why is your number on the rental agreement for Payless..." She hung up. I tried to call roadside assistance again only to be on hold forever. I called another number and got through. She said that I would have to take the car back to where I rented it. I told her that was over an hour away and can’t I just exchange it at a local rental place. She said no.

I had neck surgery and cannot lift anything so I drove the car over to the nearest gas station and put another $3.00 of air in. I then drove to Firestone. Told them what was going on and they changed the tire to the spare tire. He said it was not safe to drive with the spare donut tire on the front so he placed it on the back and put the regular tire on the front. I then loaded my kids back up and drove 46 miles back to SMF. I filled the tank before returning the car as to not be charged with gas. When I got to the desk I spoke to the agent Tony and told him what was going on. He said no problem and gave me another car. He said to make sure to speak to the manager when I brought the car back the next day so I can get reimbursed.

I was finally able to get on my way at 315pm, 6 hours after I rented the car. I spent 6 hours of my 1 day in SMF on the phone being hung up on or on hold with your company, stopping and putting air in the tire 3 times at $3.00 a pop, 2 hours round trip driving the car with the crap tire back to the airport, waiting at Firestone for them to change the tire, $10.00 to change the tire and $12.00 in gas. I returned the car the next day and spoke to the manager. She did not seem to care but reimbursed me the $10 for the tire at Firestone.

I received a letter from Payless dated Jan 22, stating that I am being billed $155.00 for the tire. I called customer service and the agent Siseral said that he will have someone call me back within 72 hours. Nobody called. I am NOT paying for the tire as I did not damage the tire. It was leaking air not even 5 minutes out of the lot. Had I known that the tire was that bad I would of turned around and returned the car. I was already running late and trusted Payless car rental to give me a reliable car which was not the case. I am not sure if your lot people just put air in the tire to re rent it again or what but the damage was there before I even sat in the car. I was not compensated for my trouble, time, and cost of air or cost of gas driving 100 miles round trip to bring the car back to you. I am not paying for the tire.

All of this could have been avoided if you would of answered your phones the 10 times I tried to call or if roadside assistance would of picked up. What is the point of having roadside assistance if nobody ever answers?? I have read several hundred horrible reviews about your company online. It seems that I am not the only one that this has happened to. I only wish I would have read these before renting from you. My whole trip was ruined due to your negligence. In town for 1 day visiting my sister’s grave and I have to deal with this then and now??? I will be forwarding a copy of this to your corporate office and also filing a complaint with Consumer Affairs. From the looks of it you are trying to scam your renters for gas, charges and unnecessary fees. I want this charge removed from my bill immediately. I also want email or written verification of receipt of this letter and verification that the charge claim has been removed.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

First car (car rental in Georgia) they gave us had 2 flat tires so they came at night and replaced it with one with a cracked windshield. When we called them to report that they said is it drivable we will just note it on the account. It wasn't even the class car we had prepaid for. Then two years later we get a claim they submitted to our insurance company for the cracked windshield. Since we no longer had the pictures to prove it was cracked when we received it the insurance settled and now we are getting a bill for the administration and loss of use fees plus deductible. This was a fraudulent claim to begin with. NEVER RENT FROM PAYLESS. MOST CROOKED AND DISHONEST COMPANY!!!!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

We reserved a car at the Ft Myers airport for 5 days. You had to walk a long distance out of the airport to find the Payless shuttle. The location is at least 10 minutes or more off site. We were given an older Hyundai that had dents all over it, was filthy inside and outside and in generally bad shape. We went back inside to report the condition to a very disagreeable gentleman who declined to come out and look at the car. He said the dents were noted already on his rental forms. What?! We should have turned it in then and there but we're already running late. Will never rent through Payless again.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Booked a car for pick up, upon arrival woman behind desk said my card was declined and use another method of payment. Contacted credit card company, available credit was over $2000.00 and showing that no activity had taken place, the charge through the agency was not even being attempted. Had to cancel reservation and no car after an hour trying to speak with a supervisor and find out what went wrong. Now I know what went wrong, I was renting a car from a company that is completely worthless. DO NOT RENT A CAR FROM PAYLESS. Asked to speak with a supervisor was just told they were not available.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

Price was great. When we got to the counter our rep said that he wanted to "upgrade" from full size to small SUV due to the mountainous terrain. He said our 4-cylinder was not the best. He "upgraded" us to a 4 cylinder with 1/4 tank of gas low. Also the "upgrade" would allow two other drivers to be on the rental. Well the $15/person with additional taxes and fees ran us another $158. In addition I checked out your site and the add'l charge for drivers is $13 not $15. We waited approximately 50 minutes because they couldn't get a car.

Our rep went "to the garage" to check on our car and returned 20 min later with a Subway Sub which he stuck in his draw. That was downright rude. The gentlemen in line behind us was told to step away from the counter because they had loose ends to tie up. Guess what... his rep promptly turned to his other workers and announced that he was going to lunch. Poor service and not a good value at all. I would not recommend Payless to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

Do not give this company your business. Make them struggle so they have to close their doors. We ordered a car well in advance and when we arrived they had no more cars. This was 2 days before Christmas. The people were rude and told us there was nothing they could do. They said if we wanted to call the corporate office to complain that we can. So we did. They were unsympathetic and it was their fault. They have been investigated by BBB and currently have an F rating.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

While waiting in line at the Sacramento location - I overheard the rep Germayne ** telling a couple that the midsize car they reserved was not ready and they could wait 2 hours or so. They said they had to be somewhere and could not wait 2 hours - and asked if they could downgrade to an economy. They were told they would have to pay to cancel their reservation and pay a fee because now they are getting a "cheaper car than they reserved" so there is a fee. So they asked if they can just get the next size up - and were told they had to pay the upgrade fee. This went back and forth and the whole time Germayne is rolling his eyes - talking rudely and telling the guy working next to him how annoyed he is.

SO when I get there - he says he is sorry I had to wait so long but the customer before me couldn’t make up their mind what kind of car they wanted and it was so annoying. 1.0 You should never insult a customer to another customer and 2.0 He should have just upgraded them since it was not their mistake. Now my turn and for some reason he is charging me about 60.00 more than my reservation and Germayne keeps saying it’s for the insurance - I told him insurance was included in my quote and he said, “No It Wasn’t”. I had put enough on my credit card to cover the cost of the quote so I couldn't pay more.

I told him then that I have Progressive Insurance and that rental car is covered in my policy so do not add insurance then. But he did anyway - while I kept insisting that I had already paid that online he told the kid next him again - "I'm so annoyed. I'm goinG on break" and then he left. So the person at the computer next to him had to come over and finish our transaction - now I filed a complaint on their website but they said no one can call me and they are now arguing over the fee as well even though I sent them my Orbitz receipt and confirmation. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. RUDE AND CHEAP.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Arrived in Atlanta, booked car a week ago for Payless Car Rental in Atlanta Georgia, we get to the counter and they said they overbooked again and will not have a car available for another hour to one and a half hours.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

What a screw Job!! Prepaid $131.13 was told that it was total cost. Well $479.00 was what they charged me. One way fee 39.93. Bull crap. Dropped off same place as picked up. 11.11% fee no explanation. Gas service option. $26.45. They told me it would only be $ 1.79 a gallon v/s $2.89 at the pump. Wow not 25.46 for about 8 gallons. Counter products $100.94 no explanation. Loss damage waiver $149.94 WHAT for my insurance to cover the vehicle. I called the customer Service # 800-729-5377. Ok. The woman took my information. Said cust. care would contact me. I asked for number she said she is in Mexico and could not help me with that. Well 2 Months has gone but still no resolution!!!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I rented a car online through RentalCars.com, which was my first mistake. I got a car through PayLess Car Rentals. I picked up and returned the car in Ft. Myers, FL. After returning home, I got my credit card statement showing a nearly $200 over-charge for the car rental. When I called, they said I returned the car to Orlando instead of Ft. Myers and they had to fill it with gas. I returned the car to Ft. Myers and it was full of gas. I inadvertently misplaced the return paperwork. When I asked for another copy, they have promised 4 times to email it, and I NEVER GOT IT!

I have my airline ticket showing I flew out of Ft. Myers that day after returning the car there. I have a gas receipt showing I filled the car with gas. They are still making me jump through hoops to PROVE TO THEM that I returned the car to Ft. Myers!!! I've never had this kind of trouble EVER before with a car rental co. STAY AWAY FROM THEM! and their customer service dept. is totally USELESS in resolving issues!!!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

My wife and I booked a car from Payless Car Rental out of San Diego for four days. We printed the confirmation showing the total cost would be $138.78 with unlimited mileage. When we showed up to complete the transaction, we were told that they would have to charge an additional $150.00 because we planned driving too far. What is the definition of unlimited anyway? The attendant then pulled out this funky chart showing driving rings which were definitely not unlimited mileage. Our bill went from $138.78 to $288.78 for four days. We told them we would only drive the car to the defined limit for the original price. He then threatened to charge us 35 cents per mile from the beginning of the trip if we get caught outside the limit.

By this time we were laughing at this attempt to nickel and dime us to death. We told him to cancel the rental and went next door and picked up a rental for a reasonable price. On our way out he shouted that they have the best prices and we wouldn't find one better. How utterly delusional. In my opinion, this company should be barred from doing business in the U.S.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

CONSUMERS BE AWARE! Upon return of my car the clerk checked in the car and all was good. Car was properly filled up. 2 weeks later I receive a bill for 65 dollars because the car was returned half full. I even sent my credit card statement showing I went to the gas station the day of returning the car. They have now send the balance to collection. I will never ever deal with these crocks!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

They promised a car but double the price. They gave me a car with no oil, brake fluid, electrical short in front passenger side door, pumpers put on with zip ties. Payless rents broken down cars from Budget and re-rents them at double the price. Ruined my trip in Peru.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I rented a car from Payless to leave the city right before the Hurricane hit, a couple of hours outside Houston the car stated that it needed service to return to dealership. I called the Houston at the IAH where I rented the car from and the girls said to return it in San Antonio and get another one, so I did so. Then 4 hrs before reaching my destination the new car stated the same thing, people at the Counter in El Paso were horribly rude, long story short, I was never able to make it to my vacation destination and I was without a vehicle for 2 days. None seemed interested in helping me, I was not able to get back into Houston for some time.

Customer service said that I would get credit for the days that I didn't have a car and that I would not be charged for the days that I couldn't make it into the city due to highway closures. Needless to say that Payless did not honor any of what they promised. I wasn't supposed to get charged $149, due to the days that I did not have a vehicle but they took out $307 from my acct. 3 months later they want to send me an email, “Sorry for the misunderstanding” and credited my acct $88, they owe me more than that. They pretty much kicked me while I was down, knowing the situation and all the city was going through because of the Hurricane. This is the worst company!!! BBB seriously needs to shut them down.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! Payless, you SUCK big time! I will never, ever, ever do business with you or your parent company Avis Budget again as long as I live. Not only that, I will make it my mission in life to tell everyone I know how terrible a rental car company you are. In addition, I will go out of my way to post negative reviews about your sad service and awful business practices online.

I waited way too long to get my car. Yes, I think an hour-and-a half is an unreasonable wait. The rental center wasn't even busy! When I finally got my car it wasn't what I reserved. I reserved a SUV online but got a car instead. How does that happen? Slow leak in one of the tires so I called your customer service line and was told I could exchange the vehicle at an Avis location. Wrong! I got there and it wouldn't even come up on their system. I then drove 20 miles to LAX to the "Payless" car return and they told me it was a different company? WHAT? Are you freaking kidding me? Then I drove to Avis, the parent company and they said I had to take it to Burbank! What kind of idiotic rationale is that? I finally said screw it and resorted to filling the tire twice a day. My fault for not reading all of the fine print and hidden charges. Ended up paying way more than I would have with a different rental company. NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I have never had dealing with rental car companies before. This was my first and probably last. PATHETIC!!! I signed up for car back in Feb... Long before our trip in Oct. They quoted me price round 180 for 3 1/2 days. Now I assumed they would try and add more. First dealing with them in person at DFW was AWFUL. One gentleman at counter and like 5 people ahead of us. Can you please wait 30 minutes. Ok... Came back and then another gentleman there and the one we originally spoke to is leaving. Still 3 people ahead of us. Finally our turn after another 15 minutes. Guy tried to add this that and other and we declined all but insurance. Little did we know our insurance would of kicked in... NOW we do! There was many other things extra and we declined. Like you figure GPS should be standard... NO... NOT HERE!

Anyway went out to get car and took us 15 minutes to find it. No one there to help... Any way, shape or form. Told us when we came back to park and drop key. We did. Now several weeks later... I keep getting additional fees on my credit card. It has gone from 179 to 352. And just yesterday they added a toll fee of 12.00. WE DID NOT GO THRU ANY TOLLS!!! Come on people... WTH???? Needless to say I would never recommend PAYLESS rental car to anyone!!!!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I recently rented a car from Payless at DFW (through Travelocity) and indicated on my reservation (and at the counter) I did not want LDW coverage. When I returned the car on Oct 20th I was charged $24.99 a day for LDW coverage. When I returned the car I was presented the return receipt showing my bill to be around $80 more than what was indicated on my initial reservation. I stopped by the DFW Payless desk to rectify the problem but found no one available. I did notice that on my rental agreement with Payless they had added the LDW coverage. Since then I have been trying to rectify the problem with their customer service to no success. Also the car I was given was a Kia Rio, it was OK for transportation but handled poorly on curvy bumpy roads (Interstate 35). This was my first and last rental with Payless.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Prepaid for a Nissan Versa or similar from the San Diego airport location. At pick up I asked if there was anything in that tier with split fold down rear seats. That was only available in the Hyundai Accent, the bottom tier, which was fine with me. When I saw that he was trying to charge me $90 to downgrade my rental I told him "no thank you, I'll just take what I pre-paid for." I was told he wanted me to be happy and that I wouldn't be charged for an upgrade and the only additional charge was going to be the deposit that I would get back. I made sure that my card was only billed for the deposit.

Dropped off the car, no problems. When I got my credit card bill they had taken the upgrade out of the deposit. Because I didn't make him re-print the agreement showing the upgrade I wasn't actually charged for. I've been going through the dispute process with the credit card company for months. There's a reason the Better Business Bureau gave them an F rating. I think it was $5 cheaper than renting from the next counter over. It's cost me a lot more than that in time and aggravation. Buyer Beware.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Employees were rude, pushy & uninformed. Very shady. The woman at the front desk was the worst! Once we got to the car we couldn’t get an employee to come & record the damages on the filthy car. Finally, we were able to get the employee at the window in the garage to give us a refund & we went to Hertz! Payless needs to be investigated for fraudulent practices. They should be ashamed of the way they run their business.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Like almost everyone that's reviewed this company, I got scammed by this "company" in San Diego. I should have known things were going downhill when I showed up at the counter and they tried to charge me $380 though my agreement said $240. The car I rented was extremely beat and scratched up. After the rental was over the attendant checked me out with no issues. 4 days later I got a voicemail on my cellphone and they charged me $2,300 for damage they say I did but was existing. The guy that called me was extremely rude and threatened to take me to court while trying to get me to fold and involve my insurance company. After canceling my credit card I saw that they charged me the $380 we discussed was the wrong rate and another $180 for the deposit which I can't get returned. It's amazing a company this shady can exist in major airports.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Pre-paid car rental billed as Paylesscar.com returned car and later found addition payment on my credit card for an additional amount to Payless-Corporate office so credit card company wont recognize addition payment. Shady way of doing business.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

It was the WORSE car rental experience at Payless Car Rental LAX! We had a reservation for a Mini Van for Sep 15, 2017 - Sep 17, 2017, but waited 1 hour and 15 minutes still didn't have a car. They were very disorganized and non-apologetic about it. Finally, we asked if they just didn't have the car couldn't they give us the large SUV parked there the whole time? They agreed. Well if we didn't ask probably will still be there waiting. By the time we left the place we were there for nearly 2 hours.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I used Expedia to secure a rental car at the Los Angeles airport. The wait was long for picking up the car and the staff worked VERY slowly. I had called the corporate number to find out the cost of a navigation system ($39.95) but at the LAX location they were going to charge me $59.00. I finally got the corporate price after waiting for a manager. Upon returning the car, I asked for a receipt and was told it would be e-mailed. That did not happen. I had to issue an on-line request and it took 3 days to get the receipt only to find out that I have been charged $40.79 for pre-paid fuel when I returned the car with a full tank of gas. The car was damaged (from right quarter panel) and at first no notation was made until I said I wanted something in writing. I should have read the reviews before using this company.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I rented a car from Payless Car Rental in Sacramento, CA on July 24, 2017 and returned it July 28, 2017. It has been almost 2 months and I receive a phone call today on September 19, 2017 about damage done to the car. First of all I waited 30 min for someone to come help me turn it in and sign off on papers. I eventually had to leave to catch my flight so I did a walk around car and looked one last time knowing there was no damage and again saw no damage. I brought it back like I got it, and left after leaving keys in seat and papers they left me to know who rented the car. Now almost 2 months later, they want me to produce pictures of car to show I dropped it off without damage. First of all if I took pictures, I would not have kept them a month. If damage was done to the car, they should have notified me the day it was turned in and not this far out. At this point I have thrown away my rental papers. I mean 2 months later.

So I was told I did not get on my hands and knees and look under the front bumper. I did not do that when I got the car and didn't do that when I left it. So then they say the mileage matches when you turned in the car meaning, they are just looking at paperwork and the mileage on the car over a month ago says it was my damage done to the car. There were many cars ahead of me and people waited as long as they could until they had to leave for the bus to make it to the airport. How do they know if the car was indeed damaged at that mileage, that their attendant didn't do it since it was the "front bumper?" They were so far behind and being in a hurry... Just thinking about how could it have happened because it did not happen when I had the car. I was not in a big city. The car was kept in an open airfield around nothing else the 5 days I had it. I was skydiving and I know it was not damaged at all.

This has to be a scam. Do not rent from these people. I have rented cars all over the country and never tried this cheaper company until now and this happens. Now I am being threatened to send all my info to collections when I told them to speak to my lawyer. So their intent is to ruin your credit next. I knew I should have stayed with better companies like Enterprise, Hertz, Avis and Dollar Rent A Car. Beware of their hidden agendas. Now that I have done some research and called the Better Business Bureau, I see that I am not the only one who this has happened to. Stay away or you will be next on their list as a way of making money. Also, never walk away from a car without taking pictures above and below on the vehicle. Then keep 6 months out especially if you use Payless Car Rental. So disappointed in their actions. Being threatened by them is not acceptable.

Payless Car Rental expert review by Lauren Fix

As an Avis subsidiary, Payless Car Rental operates more than 120 retail locations under a combined corporate and franchise model.

• One-way rentals: Travelers can expand their reach and make work travel more convenient by picking up a vehicle at one location and dropping it off at another. Renter also have a choice of 15 different vehicles including economy cars, minivans, SUVs and 12 passenger vans.

• Loyalty program: The Perks Club provides a streamlined reservation and check-in process.

• Last-minute pricing: When booking ahead, renters usually get the lowest pricing, but Payless Car Rental also accommodates last-minute bookings with specials based on the pickup location.

• Discounts: Partner organizations get discounts, like the five percent discount offered to all AARP members. Save 10 percent on monthly rentals or when you book more than 30 days in advance. Sign up for the newsletter for additional discounts.

• Early-pay discounts: When renters book at least one day in advance and pay at the time of booking, they can save up to 20 percent. Cancellation fees apply to this type of booking.

• Best for: Those who plan ahead, those traveling only one way, business travelers, vacationers, temporary workers, those with cars in repair and those who want a wide selection of vehicles and temporary workers.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Payless Car Rental Company Information

www.paylesscar.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use