Payless Car Rental

Compare Rental Cars

Research top Rental Cars recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Trust no one! I prepaid for a car rental from the Phoenix airport a few days earlier, when I get there there's nobody in line for Payless car rental and a long line for the others (my first red flag). I give the rep my prepaid statement and he asks for my credit card for any incidentals for after I dropped the rental back off (red flag). He goes through the whole spiel about upgrades and all that, ok, but I refused and denied everything. The original prepaid statement were charges for $150 and change, and when the statement came back to me it was for $142 and change. Great, I thought I saved a few bucks. NOT, if I didn't have to run for my meeting I should've stayed at the counter to read everything over like a lawyer. Turns out it was $142 charge over the $150, Dennis had charged me for 4 days of loss damage waiver I declined from the beginning. Never renting from them again.

This has got to be one of the worst rental car centers I have ever went to and experience. SMH. They have no customer service, most of them lie and just clearly give you the runaround when looking for your stuff. However from a clear misunderstanding we had they towed the car, told us they had no clue where the car was, only for us to find out the truth about them lying when we got to the car. They employees went thru the car stealing money, driver licenses, bank card, SSI card, jewelry, etc. However we made a police report and will be going thru with this. They are very terrible and I will never rent from them again and highly recommended no one else even think about renting from this place. They need to close this center or even get rid of the team they have.

Rented a compact car from Payless at SeaTac. My confirmation email stated that the price for 3 days would be $61.93. At the counter, I refused all offers for upgrades, additional insurance, pre-filled tank of gas etc... I told them I just wanted what I paid for and nothing else. Got into the car and it reeked of cigarette smoke. Exchanged car. Was given a VW Passat. No problems with the car - it drove nice. Returned car on time and later found out they charged me an additional $17.97 for an optional service called RSP. Looked that up and found out it stands for Road Side Protection service which I did not ask for and was not offered this service at the desk.

After wasting a lot of time unsuccessfully trying to contact someone at Payless and get it resolved, I gave up and disputed the charge with my credit card company who credited me the $17.97. Do not do business with Payless as they are unscrupulous and incompetent and they should be heavily sanctioned and fined for their unethical and dishonest business practices.

Beware if you rent cars from Payless Car Rental through sites like Hotwire. The rate they post is not even close to what they charge for a rental. My bill was 66% higher than I expected. You get nailed with that later at the rental desk when picking up the car. One could say no and possibly not have a car for their vacation if no other vehicles are available.

Here is what happened. I made a reservation for a car through Hotwire for our vacation in Scottsdale AZ. The estimated costs on Hotwire were $240.92. I arrived at the airport and at the rental desk. I saw the rate at the top of the page that was close to the amount of my reservation so I did not think anything of it. Prices are not always exact. The man behind the desk said he could put us in a vehicle that was just a bit a larger for $15. I asked if that was $15 in total and he answered yes and clarified with him a second time and he answered yes. What he should have said was $15 a day. Not once did he use those words. We were ready to enjoy our vacation. They hand you a contract, which typically details all the extras they offer you so you can accept them or decline them. So I initialed as I always do. I rent cars very often.

Looking at this later they added $152.94 in fees, surcharges, and taxes and now I am being charged $399.39 for my $240 rental. Well my experience with Payless gets worse from here. I have called customer service 6 times to discuss the billing issue and they responded by sending me a copy of my receipt twice. I was told to wait for a response from the customer service team twice. The last time I asked for a supervisor and was put on hold. He said it should be about 5 minutes. 10 minutes in the music on hold stopped and I listened to the phone just ring for 5 minutes. So I hung up and called again, quite angry at this point, and was told that there was nothing the CSR could do about it and that he sent it to someone else who would respond. Their response has been consistent, the $152.94 in extra fees and taxes were on the paperwork so “Sorry we can’t help you.”

I am posting this so that other that read this will not get screwed as I have by Payless Car Rental. Lesson: call them directly after you make a reservation through a travel site to go over all the fees and taxes they will add to your bill. You then can make an informed decision of whether to keep the reservation or to cancel with them and find a rental car company that actually provides their actual rates. By the way, all the time you saved by booking through Hotwire you will have lost by making that phone call.

I reserved a car online a month ahead of my trip. The cost was supposed to be $19.56 for 3 days. I returned the car and to my surprise the cost was $258.90, that is double the cost quoted online. The extra was taken directly out of my Credit Card. If that isn't bad enough, the attitudes of the employees was totally and completely classless. The girl at the garage counter didn't have the class to acknowledge a simple hello. After returning the car the guy in the garage could barely muster up the energy to point out which direction the return shuttle bus was located. Double the price and classless, rude, crude service, save your money go to a reputable company and maybe pay more but you will get what you were promised and get it with some respect from the employees. Just a side note, all the employees were Hispanic for whatever that is worth. I have a return trip planned for Las Vegas this summer, Payless will NOT get my business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Payless Car Rental?

I am so disappointed and frustrated by the service I received from Payless Car Rental out of Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix, Arizona. They are a bunch of crooks and thieves. I used Orbitz Travel to book my car rental and was told the charge would be $325.85. When picking up the rental in Phoenix, Louie handled the transaction. I did not initial or sign for any additional services as I had my own car insurance. On my next credit card statement, I was charged a total of $762.95. I never signed or initialed a receipt to authorize these charges, and Terrence and the other customer service representatives cannot produce an original for me either. I have been getting the run around for the last several months as they claim to be looking for the original signed receipt at an alternate location and will provide that for me when they find it. Do not give your business to them!

I hate to even give this a 1 star. After reading reviews of this company, all the stories are the same. A $215 dollar rental turns into $490 total. They add charges without your approval, they will not answer phones calls, will not return e-mails. The charges on my credit card were changed 4 times without my approval. I have never dealt with so many crooked people in 1 company. Please don't rent from PAYLESS CARS, it will be your worst nightmare.

Worse experience ever from the day I pick up the car to the day I dropped it off. I pick up my car in Boston Logan airport. Jessica is the person who provide me the most poorest customer service ever. She was RUDE and a LIAR. She forced me to get gas service and gave me attitude for no reason. She needs to get fired for lying and rudeness.

Reserved a standard to mid size vehicle in advance. I declined Insurance so they said I had to call my Insurance company to verify. No problem but this a hold up while in line. Then I just frustrated told them "just charge me for Insurance. This is taking too long to get through my company." She gave me keys. I walked out to the car. It was a compact SUV, that not what I wanted or paid for.

Went back inside. She said "we have nothing else similar to standard size vehicle" so I was just stuck with it. I said "no. I would like to cancel." She said "fine. No charges will be on your credit card." They lied. It was a 200 fee processed on my card and they would not reverse it. Ended up calling customer service to file a complaint. They said Reservations was never canceled. That's bull crap. The money is still on hold. Poorest rental car service ever. They offered no other options as other rental car companies have done in the past when they didn't have a car that I reserved. Customers mean nothing to this company. They are at the bottom service. Never would use this company at all for business or pleasure. Never, never, never ever.

While on a business trip to Sacramento in 2016, I rented a car on 11/29/16 returning it on 12/2/16. As a Private Investigator, I always take photos of my vehicle when picking it up and again when returning. I will usually keep photos for two months to make sure no claims are made after dropoff. Today, April 1, 2017 I received a notice that the vehicle was damaged and they are requesting payment of $731.62. So, I guess that my question is why did I get a clean bill when dropping it off after Tony inspected it. It interesting that my photos showed a clean car, void of any damages.

So after receiving this bogus bill, I did what any PI would do, check on previous reports and not surprised that I'm not the first person to be put into this scam. I think Payless should do a bit of PI work themselves and check the camera system in their garage. Why do they do a post-inspection of a vehicle when returned, then sign the clean bill of return and give me the receipt? I think my photos of a pristine returned vehicle would prove otherwise.

I rented a car online through Payless for pick up at the Newark Airport for my son. The quoted rate was $189.00 for the week. When my son arrived he was told that they had no more cars available at the same rate because his plane was a half hour late. But for just 15.00 more dollars for the week he could have the next size car. He agreed since they didn't have what we reserved. (I must say most car companies including Avis which is the parent company honor the price they quoted you and give you an upgrade at their expense.) Being a division of Avis was the only reason I even rented with them. The agent also said that for just $5 dollars a day he could have protection for door dings, scratches etc. No other charges. No hidden fees. Etc. Exhausted from traveling he agreed to the additional $5 thinking parking in the city anything could happen, so better to be safe than sorry. That should have brought our total to around $239.00 plus taxes.

Imagine my shock when I see that the total rental was $683.01 on a barely legible copy provided at rental. They also told him when returned the car two days early that they couldn't find the rental in the system. He went inside and the clerk told him he was all set and they would email a receipt. So far nothing, but a customer satisfaction survey. What a joke. Talk about nerve to ask if we were satisfied. In addition to the lies they told about the rate, the agent told my son, just initial here for the $5 a day fee. But had checked all the liability damage boxes. BUYER BEWARE!!! In addition, and I have rented cars for over forty years from numerous rental car companies, Avis included and the rate they quote you on your reservation is to include taxes etc. Imagine my shock to see Surcharges, airport fees (daily) city surcharge of $31 plus, security fee??? What is that? $35. Concession recovery fee $57. etc. etc.

They do not answer their phone. I have tried numerous times to contact them to get some satisfaction but to no avail. I will keep trying. Though after reading these other review I do not hold out much hope. In addition we returned the car two days early, and since they billed at a daily rate not a weekly, I should be entitled to two days credit for all these extraneous and miscellaneous charges. Please do yourself a favor, like the others say. Do not rent from PAYLESS. They should change their name to PAYMORE, where we steal your money with a smile. My rental agreement confirmation number was ** for a compact car.

I rented a car this month from the Payless counter at Sarasota Bradenton airport. Although my personal auto insurance covers all the frivolous fees and unlikely problems typically presented by rental car agencies, the man at the counter pressured me into paying extra. He said they don't deal with insurance companies and any damages or charges (in any amount) will be taken directly from my credit card. It would be up to me to get reimbursed. When I returned the car with a full tank, he asked where I filled it up. When I wasn't sure exactly where, he said they may charge me if it was more than five miles from the location. They did charge me for gas. I would walk before using Payless again.

We have rented dozens of vehicles over the years and never encountered a problem until we decided to book with Payless. We booked our rental online two weeks prior to our vacation and paid in full by credit card. Upon our arrival at Orlando Airport, the Payless rep tried to insist that we had to upgrade at our expense because they didn't have our vehicle available. We declined his ridiculous offer which obviously annoyed him. Then he tried to sell us on all the extra insurances and we declined them which annoyed him even more. He then proceeded to give us bogus directions to the location of this vehicle which had us wandering the airport for 30 minutes until some airport employee gave us the correct info. The vehicle had NY plates on it which was strange as all other vehicles were registered in Florida. We drove the vehicle for 10 days in the local area and probably put about 500 miles on it.

We returned the vehicle to Payless at the allotted time and were given a receipt. While waiting for our flight, I decided to check the receipt and noticed that it indicated that we had driven about 4800 miles and it had extra charges of $107.00 which were billed to our card. I immediately called the Payless customer service hotline to explain these errors. The rep was rude, inconsiderate, accused us of lying, and refused to remove any of the extra charges. We have rented dozens of vehicles (with other companies) over the years and have never had a bad experience. Stay away from Payless Rentals! THEY ARE DISHONEST AND YOU WILL END UP PAYING MORE FOR YOUR RENTAL THAN YOU WOULD ALMOST ANYWHERE ELSE!

I rented a Payless car (first time) in Orlando for what appeared to be a competitive price. I declined the Payless insurance and the counter agent asked me if there would be additional drivers and I said "yes, my wife." He never mentioned a $65 charge for the additional driver. He asked me to initial the rental form to decline the insurance which I did. We returned the car 2 days early and was handed an invoice for $401 (the original quote was $257.60) including the $65 charge for an additional driver and a $35 charge for roadside assistance coverage, which we did not request, and no credit for returning the car early.

WORST experience out of ten times I have rented cars. Rented a Chrysler 200 (or similar) six days before arrival (Atlanta Hartsfield Airport) for $196.00 total. The day before our flight I checked and the rate was $173.00. I cancelled the original and reserved at the new rate, no problem. When we arrived, I stood in line for thirty minutes only to be told they didn't have a standard size car for me, they hoped to have one in 30 - 45 minutes, they would call me. I was offered a Ford Focus for less money (no offer to upgrade for the same price).

I said I didn't want a four seater tin can. I had RESERVED a standard size car (5 passenger)! After waiting a half hour to 45 minutes (no call). I rented a Camry, ready to go from Advantage. However, it cost us $50.00 more. I had the courtesy to go back to the Payless counter and cancel my reservation with them, however we had lost about an hour and a half because of their mistake. When I checked a few days later (out of curiosity), to rent a car on March 1st the website said 'There are NO CARS AVAILABLE at the airport location on that day'. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!! What good is a great price if you don't have a car to give out when the customer arrives? Needless to say, if Payless were the only car rental company available, at ANY location, I would hitchhike or take a cab before dealing with them. First and LAST time I'll call Payless!

The size car I reserved was not available. Would only give me a bigger car for the full price upgrade. Gave me a smaller car for a reduction in price equal to what the car cost would be. Charged me for insurance I did not ask for. Had to drive 25 miles back to the airport in rush hour conditions to correct their error. Would not fix over the phone. Car had multiple scratches and dents on the outside, big stain on the back seat. Had to go over in detail so I did not get charged when I turned back in.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They stole my money... I DID NOT USE THEIR CAR AND THEY CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD AND WILL NOT REFUND IT!!! They are liars and cheats!!! Use Fox Rental! They do not make clear their terms and agreements. If you leave LA county you get charge mileage... When we went to pay for the car one of their employees told us we were getting charge for mileage if we leave LA county. We told them we wanted to cancel the car. I wanted them to take it off my credit card and they said they did... Wrong. They trick you into signing up for the car and lie to you when they said they took it off. I was charged for the car that I did not use... This company should be put out of business! They are crooks and liars! Do not use this company... Use Fox Rental. They are inexpensive and a good company.

I initially had a call from my credit card co. inquiring about three charges form the same rental co at the same time. Two I confirmed were for a rental car, the third for $250.00. I did not know what that was for so I told them don't pay it. I then tried to contact the rental office to find out what the charge was for. After at least 1 hr. of trying to talk to someone I finally got a person by pressing 2 to rent a car. I was told the $250.00 charge was a deposit that would be credited back on return of the car. I contacted my credit card co and told them to pay the charge. On returning the car the person said it smelled like smoke and there were ashes in the back seat, I told them I was the only person in the car and that I did not smoke, and that I had been driving with the windows open due to the nice weather.

The manager showed up to check it out and then disappeared so I could not talk to him. And was presented with a bill for $100.00 cleaning charge that I refused to sign, then I was told it would be deducted from my deposit. I was never told there was a deposit required for any reason which is why I questioned the charge when I spoke to my card co. I contacted my card co and was told my only recourse as the charge had not been posted yet was to wait until I received my bill and then dispute the charge. That I will do and never rent from Payless again - I guess you get what you pay for. CHEAP UPFRONT AND THEN PAY FOR IT IN THE BACK SIDE. I would recommend Dollar Rent A Car or Thrifty to everyone as they treat you right!!! Neither had economy cars available this trip.

We traveled from Texas to Newark, NJ. When we arrived in New Jersey my wife and I decided we would rent a car so we went to Payless Car Rental and got a quote. The lady quoted us 160.00 and I asked her if that included taxes and fees. She said yes so we took it. Later that day I had to check my bank account and I noticed I was charged 226.00 so I looked at my paperwork and she had added two different insurance. I called 800 number that was on paper, I was told I had to call location and was hung up on. Another thing I told her I wanted to return car at noon and she put down 8 am. Horrible service!!

I rented a car from Payless Car Rental. It was good at first but the check engine light came on in Georgia. So I called the 24 hour place. They said they do not have a place to exchange the car where I was at. So the light eventually went off so I carried on with my trip. The light came back on in Orlando Florida. So I had to cut my Disney World trip short to go find another place to pick up a car. Bottom line is this company did not want to give me some type of discount for inconveniencing me and my children for the trip that we made. Please do not ever, never rent from this car company.

Rented a car at LGA and returned it on Friday. On Monday I get a call when I would return my car. After I said that I had returned it never heard from them again. Tried to clarify the situation and now they send debt collectors for charges for additional days. No number they provide gets answered. No feedback on any of my attempts to reach out (letters). Shady company...

I booked my car rental with Payless via Expedia.com. When I got to the desk, they rushed me to sign some forms and I was on my way. The man at the desk asked me if I wanted to add drivers the reservation, which he never told me would be extra money. I was never told there would be all these extra charges, like gas per day (which I only used 1/2 tank of gas the entire trip), and an extra $100 for bringing the car back at 2 PM instead of 12 PM. I didn't notice all the extra charges until I looked at my credit card bill, which there was an additional charge of $395 from the original quote of $93. That's FOUR TIMES the amount I was expecting to pay. Absolutely absurd. I'll never use Payless again. Please protect yourself and don't use Payless!

This is the worst customer service I have EVER experienced! I can not call them directly or I am told to wait 72 hours and then email them. When I email them I have to wait 72 hours AT LEAST for a reply. EACH TIME that reply tells me to send another email! To top it off their website won't let me send attachments so I have had to email them. I have sent several emails, with attachments of the receipts since their reps claim they can not read them once they are sent. This has been going on for 10 days now!

I was not sent a receipt in the first place as I was told I would be getting until I saw the outrageous charges on my visa bill and complained. There also was an EXTRA previous charge of $83 for who knows what that was removed when I initially talked to one of your representatives and she gave me my "ticket number" or I wouldn't have had any way to contact them! So If I wouldn't have noticed the Visa bill I would have been overcharged $252.36!

The man who checked me in at the airport totally falsified information putting down that the fuel was only 1/2 full when there was definitely a full tank AND falsified when I returned the car in saying it was 9:00 when in reality I returned it before 9:00 on purpose so I wouldn't be charged for an extra hour. They put my time of picking up my car as the time I went to the counter not when I checked out of the garage with the car which was AFTER 9:00! They SHOULD have that info since there was a man who scanned my agreement upon me exiting the garage.

Like others reviews I have read they charged me for roadside service that I CLEARLY declined on the paperwork. Plus they went completely against the written information on my AARP confirmation papers that say that my TOTAL bill would be $280 INCLUDING TAXES AND FEES!! They overcharged me $169.36! I have filed a complaint with AARP and since I can not be connected to any supervisors at PAYLESS end, if it is not corrected and the $169.36 is not credited to my visa bill I will be checking into filing a complaint with Pam Bondi the Attorney General of Florida and the Better Business Bureau!

I have rented a LOT of cars at this airport from other companies and have NEVER had this much trouble! I also have NEVER had a person stating that the fuel was 1/2 full when it was CLEARLY full and I having to prove that I was not lying by submitting a receipt for my gas. They want to charge me $77 for gas!! I was not driving a tank! Trust me, everyone I know will hear about this terrible service and be totally advised NOT TO rent vehicles from this company when traveling to Orlando. In the future I will be renting from a company that knows me by name not by a ticket number!

Charged a $250 cleaning fee for cigar smoke. I was scammed. I do not smoke cigars. I am a female. I was still at airport and asked to see the car and was refused. I used a sweet smelling hand sanitizer which apparently was called a cigar. This is a scam. Do not use Payless Car Rental. You have been warned!

I booked online through Rentalcars.com, booking price was $99. When I came to St Petersburg FL Payless site, the staff asked me if I need loss and damage coverage. Me and my husband both clearly told her we do not need it. But when I was checking out after 3 days returns my car, the bill is $188, double price than I expected. I was talking with the supervisor. His explanation is that I had my initial at car loss coverage, which the staff circled it with her pen and asked me to sign with many other circles which I did not pay attention. My online booking has no power on them. It does not make sense to people choose Payless who wants to save money, end up they paid much higher price for poor services. The company complain phone line has nobody answers and they never call back! Obviously they do not care less you as a client, as long as they still got new clients keep coming. They still run the business!

I discovered that employees (rental agents) of the Payless Car Rental at the San Antonio Texas airport location engage in fraudulent activities by stealing from their customers. I requested a refund to be sent to me for charges on services that I had contested and declined upfront: a fake Roadside Assistance fee labeled "RSP estimated charge" when I saw that there was a $150 difference in my reservation charges and Payless' actual billing statement when I picked up the car rental. The agent alluded that it was only an "estimated" combination of "pre-fuel" and "pickup time difference" charges that would surely drop off when I returned the car. Basically he was lying to me. Why would I want to accept this bogus "RSP Assistance Plan" while on short business drives in/near San Antonio?

When I returned the car, as I suspected, the "estimated" charges had not "magically" dropped off. A second colluding agent stated there was nothing that she could do at the location and referred me to the Payless Service Desk. The Service Desk only looped me back to the original San Antonio agent (Miguel) who of course would not refund his own scandal fee! This San Antonio branch is playing this "deceptive pricing" game (pricing lower than other companies) on unsuspecting customers and then hitting them with these extra bogus charges on customer billings after they have hooked them in. They tried this on me previously, as I had to go back during daytime hours and luckily had a 3rd day shift agent remove the "estimated optional declined charges (Roadside Assistance)".

It is unfortunate that they are motivated by this level of profit greed/theft and are brazen to the point of not admitting it when customers catch them in the act of cheating. I calculated that they used this scheme to overcharge me by 26%! You think that they would be pleased with having a recurring customer spending $400+ per rental with them! You think their brand "Payless" means that until you find out that you actually PAY MORE to fund their cheating schemes! I have rented with Alamo, Thrifty and Dollar in San Antonio without incident, easily declining optional services, and not having bogus charges stealthily forced upon me. I will resume business with others and henceforth avoid Payless. I have learned the hard way so you don't have to repeat it and get cheated by them!

Booked a car in Denver for my wife and I for a week. The internet quote I got was $247.84 Base Price plus $105.37 for Taxes and Fees. Upon arriving in Denver, the printed rental agreement was $247.84 plus $158.13, a $52.76 overcharge! Since the internet quote does not breakout Fees and Taxes, the agent could not explain the reason for the overcharge, but stuck to the higher price. This is definitely a bait and switch, and we'll be going elsewhere in the future for our car rentals. Payless simply can NOT be trusted!

As a first time traveler to Puerto Rico, I knew things would be a little different. I reserved a economy car for 55$ online. I knew it would be more when I arrived... yea a lot more! The guy taking care of me asked was it my first time there. I said yes. Why did I do that! He told me it was 150 plus - 60$ for the EZ pass that "I had no choice" but to get according to this liar because they "don't have tolls". Last not least 200$ holding fee. Of course I walked away to a way better company. Thanks AVIS!!! PAYLESS ARE A RIP OFF!! No fine print either.

My wife and I were renting a car at Seattle Airport. When we arrived at the counter, the lady told us they were going to give us an upgrade. I said great. I have rented several times when the car rental company has not had my vehicle, so they give you an upgrade for free. Nothing was said about an increase in cost. They had me initial at several locations. Again, nothing was said about an increase in cost.

When we got our bill, I noticed it was for 439.37. The cost should have been 200.99. I attempted to get a copy of our bill. It took 21 days to get a copy of our bill. When I complained, their response was "You initialed it, therefore you are responsible." I told them I was told I was getting an upgrade but thought it was free because nothing was said about additional cost. I felt like had their speech scripted to make it sound like they are giving you something for free, but in fact trying to over charge you. As I read the many other experience similar to mine, I realize even more, this was extremely intentional in their business practices. I called my credit card company and am trying to get the charges reduced.

Worst rental company ever. We booked a car from Oakland Airport and were supposed to drop off at St. Jose Airport. Total cost was supposed to be $275 for a Ford Fusion. But when we went there we got Nissan Juke (so tiny for 4 of us with luggage). We didn't want to wait for long so we took that and I called at their 800 number to see if they can change the car later at other location. They said "No" we have to go to same location if we want to change it to our original car. We were getting late for our event so I thought of dealing with this issue later when we reach home. Dropped off the car at the mentioned Location on 21st Feb around 5 am and few hours later we were charged $303 extra.

Called Payless. They said we got charged because it had smoke smell. We are vegetarian family. Never smoked in our life and never even had alcohol. The smell was there when we rented the car. We didn't even know that we are supposed to tell them about it. My husband always check any scratches and stuff but we had no clue about this. My husband was at work so he told me to call them and explain. I called and was told that because we dropped off the car when the office was not open and that's the reason we got charged $303. So as of now we don't even know why are we getting charged.

By the way, at St. Jose Airport every single company has different parking levels where you can drop off your car and the keys. Payless cars level id Level 7 and we saw lot of other cars that were parked there with car windows open and car keys inside. We even saw guy who guided us that all we have to do is park and leave the keys inside. I am for sure going to fight this but posting my reviews for all of you to be aware. I have been told that a ticket has been generated and someone will contact me within 72 hours. Let's see what happens. I will dispute these charges for sure.

Expert Review

Lauren FixAuto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.    More about Lauren→

As an Avis subsidiary, Payless Car Rental operates more than 120 retail locations under a combined corporate and franchise model.

• One-way rentals: Travelers can expand their reach and make work travel more convenient by picking up a vehicle at one location and dropping it off at another. Renter also have a choice of 15 different vehicles including economy cars, minivans, SUVs and 12 passenger vans.
  • Loyalty program: The Perks Club provides a streamlined reservation and check-in process.
  • Last-minute pricing: When booking ahead, renters usually get the lowest pricing, but Payless Car Rental also accommodates last-minute bookings with specials based on the pickup location.
  • Discounts: Partner organizations get discounts, like the five percent discount offered to all AARP members. Save 10 percent on monthly rentals or when you book more than 30 days in advance. Sign up for the newsletter for additional discounts.
  • Early-pay discounts: When renters book at least one day in advance and pay at the time of booking, they can save up to 20 percent. Cancellation fees apply to this type of booking.
  • Best for Those who plan ahead, those traveling only one way, business travelers, vacationers, temporary workers, those with cars in repair and those who want a wide selection of vehicles and temporary workers.

Compare Rental Cars