Payless Car Rental

Compare Rental Cars

Research top Rental Cars recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

After making reservations online for a full-size car, a prepayment of $283.89 and declining all their other offers of more insurance, products and services I arrived in San Antonio. Miguel, the agent, again tried to influence me into more insurance stating that all of the charges incurred because of accidents or damages would have to be borne by me because my insurance wouldn't cover everything. I had to tell him “no” about three times because he was very persistent. Then I was told he didn't have a sedan for me and the only thing available was an SUV. I told him I didn't care for SUV's and then he offered me a pick-up. I took the SUV. He hurriedly had me sign and initial the rental agreement.

I saw that all of the optional products and services had "declined" after each service/product. What I didn't see right below, was an item shown as 1 RSP 5.99/Dy 41.93/WK{{{{/MX. I thought it was part of the line above which was for supplemental liability insurance and it showed as "declined". Nowhere on the "RSP" line did it show "accepted". When I returned the car, the receipt was printed and handed to me. On the way to the airport, I looked at the receipt and saw an additional charge of $60.80.

Back in Denver, I called the customer service number on the website and spoke with a rep and asked about the charge. That is when I was told, I had been charged for the "RSP" which is for roadside assistance and other things which are already covered by my Geico insurance. I asked why would I decline everything else and accept something I didn't need. The agent said he would look into it but I have heard nothing. Payless inquired about the rental on Twitter. I responded about the fraudulent charges and their deceiving rental agreements. They tweeted back and asked for the rental agreement. I have answered back five times and they keep asking for the rental agreements and I keep sending the information and have to hear anything else. I have already reported this to the BBB in San Antonio and my credit card company.

We rented a car at the San Jose Payless location. They tried to add on a charge for Roadside assistance. We reserved a mid size SUV and they gave us a Mazda 3 - we needed to be at my daughter's at a certain time, so we were in a bind and could not argue about the switch. Their customer service options are a joke - only via e-mail, which tells you they have no customer service. AVOID ANY AND ALL PAYLESS LOCATIONS. Scam rental.

I rented a car from the Payless Car Rental center at Denver International Airport to use while I was attending my father's funeral. The rental agent did not explain the contract clearly and was only concerned about where I was going and how nice the car would be. The car was a Ford Fusion, 4 door. The first thing I noticed upon entering the car was that the sunglasses holder was broken and blocking part of the rear-view mirror, when I tried to push it back up there was old tape marks from where it had been taped up instead of being fixed. There was also dirt and debris on the floor, streaks on the window, and half of the promised amenities of the car were missing.

As if all of this wasn't irritating enough, when I looked over the contract (I had picked up the car after an 11pm flight) while trying to get ahold of someone to extend the rental I noticed $200.00 in charges that had not been explained. To top off this rental from hell, the back passenger door came ajar while I was driving down the highway, right next to my 3 year old nephew! A few minutes later the front passenger door also came ajar next to my sister. When confronted with this, the manager felt that a fair compensation for being overcharged and my family's lives put in danger was to take $150.00 off the bill! I will NEVER rent from Payless or their parent company Avis again! If you value the life of your family I suggest using another company.

Payless Car Rental is the worst. I paid for a rental car in Atlanta's Airport for my fiance on Mother's Day weekend and it was just a horrible experience for us. First of all she reserved a car from Payless Rental online through the Southwest airplane company. And we got off the plane and went to Payless customer service desk to pick up our car we were told that they did not have any cars for a half hour or so and that they would have to take our phone number and call us when one was ready. Or we will be welcome to check elsewhere since we didn't sign the contract as of yet. It was all rotten from there on and after waiting for an hour and a half in the airport and going to other car companies who had cars but we're way out of our price range due to the fact that it was Mother's Day weekend we decided to wait it out. Boy was that a mistake we shouldn't made!

So after waiting around the counter and watching other customers go up and get the same for a car. All of a sudden an Asian couple walks up to the counter and receives a car, sign the papers and walks away with no problem at all. My fiance goes loose wire because we've been waiting in here for an hour and a half now for car that she reserved. The first thing out of the gentleman's mouth is that he tried to call her several times. We are less than 10 feet away from the counter with other customers waiting on cars as well. No phone was picked up nor called out. Our phones were all charged with perfect signals. He clearly lied to us then he passed us off to another lady that took care of us so, we thought we were getting good service at that point. Again we were wrong.

** waited another 45 minutes going back and forth with different prices and quotes because my fiance wasn't paying for it and I was and that the prices would have to increase etcetera etcetera. We finally came to a conclusion of $215 to be paid. Which I thought was ridiculous at the time but since we were stressed out and everything I went ahead and bought it anyway. We get to the car, the car is dirty. We both clean it out and proceed on to our weekend. We get back to the airport to turn the car in. We were told to park at such-and-such lane which we did and we walk back in and turn in the keys. Great transaction. No problem whatsoever and I noticed no one is checking the gas and or checking to see if it was cleaned now, I don't care at this point I'm out of here but, I do understand why our car was dirty at this point.

Now, we're off thinking everything is great. I get back home Monday morning and check my credit card to see if they've adjusted my bill for the complaint we made while we were waiting around in the airport and being rude to for an hour and a half and wasting our valuable time. But lo and behold now I see it. I've been charged an extra $42.55 for no apparent reason. So I call and make a another complaint to their toll free number and the guy says that he will have it taken care of within 72 hours. Car we received was dirty when we got in it, we got overcharges, phone numbers that never answer, customer service with poor English skills.

Be real careful signing anything with these crooks and you will be sorry once they have your credit card access. Cars are filthy. Office hours are terrible. You will prob have to leave the car with another company. Employees are just useless, they hate their jobs and treat you like such. So my advice to you when renting a car, use the big guys, pay the extra bucks for peace of mind. We'd strongly advise you all to staying away from Payless Rental Cars. When I returned home my credit card was charged $42.55.... for a $6 toll. Stay away from this company.

I rented a car at the Dallas Fort Worth airport. I reserved the car for two days. The price was 23.99 per day, but when I returned the car they added some extra charges to my rental which I did not know or agree to. They added a Loss damage waiver, personal sickness plan and others charges that adds to a total of =148.00 on the top of my rental charge. Please if you are renting from this company make sure not to be surprised with this hidden fees. I learned not to rent a car from them again. Please choose any other company not Payless.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Payless Car Rental?

One week ago I left items in the Payless rental car that I rented from McCarren Airport in Las Vegas. I could not go back to the car because our flight was to depart. I reported the event of lost items that very day to a voicemail that was full and to the lost and found voicemail that I left my name and phone number. No one from the Las Vegas Payless Rental company has ever returned a phone call or e-mail in over a week. I then called the Payless customer service in LA and talked with Frank, he gave me ticket number and told me that they would contact me in 3 business days. This has yet to transpire. I have called the customer support for Payless about my ticket number 3 times now and no one has ever gotten back to me. I will never rent from them again!!! Their customer support is terrible. Beware!!!

I reserved a car rental in San Diego in May 2017. When I arrived to pick up the car, the agent went very quickly through the contact and stated that I was getting the insurance package, which more than doubled the cost of the rental. I clarified that I did not ask for that option and that I did not need it as I'm covered through my own auto insurance. After several minutes of arguing to remove this fee, the agent dropped the full coverage and stated that I would get the more basic coverage.

Again, I explained that this was not needed and that I did not accept this charge. The agent demanded that I show not just my insurance card but my full auto insurance policy so he could review it before he rented the car to me without additional insurance (the woman also trying to rent from the other agent had to call her husband to have the same documents faxed to the rental office at the airport - I was lucky that my documents are available online). This was extremely frustrating as if now been speaking with the agent for more than 10 minutes and although I travel frequently for business I'd never been asked to share full personal documents to rent a car.

Finally, it was agreed that the fee would be dropped. Before I could sign the contract, the agent sad if I scratched or scuffed the car, I would be charged $250 plus my insurance deductible. I was shocked by this, as the insurance deductible would normally go to my insurer if there was a claim. He stated that the insurer would have to try to recover to deductible from Payless, which they may or may not have been able to do. At this point, I accepted that this was a complete scam, and decided to rent with another company at the last minute despite increased cost since I'd lost the opportunity to make the reservation in advance. If you rent with Payless, be prepared for hundreds of dollars in additional, undisclosed fees.

We made a reservation 3 weeks in advance for a car. When we went to pick the car up, we had to wait 2 hours because they over booked. The associate told us we could put the security deposit on hold on one card, and then charge on another card but to tell the associate when we dropped the car back off. We got our car, we had to check the car ourselves for dents and make a list of what was wrong with the car.

When we go to drop the car off, nobody was there to help us. We had to leave the keys in a box. So we call at 8 am, to tell them what happened. They said it wouldn't charge that card but check back in 24 hours. The next day, the card that wasn't supposed to get charged, got charged MORE than the security deposit that was on hold making that account negative causing the bank to charge overdraft fees. We called for FOUR days straight and my account is still negative. They said we would get refunded ALL the money plus the overdraft fees and we have YET to hear from ANYONE!!! It's getting ridiculous!!!

I picked up the car on Saturday, April 22, 2017. I was driving to my father's house in preparation for a funeral for his deceased brother, when I was pulled over by Washington Township Police. The Officer stated he had pulled me over because the license plate on the Black Chevrolet Impala that I had rented actually was registered to a Kia. At the time I did not even realize I had a Michigan plate on the rear of the vehicle.

He asked me for the vehicle registration and I went to the glove compartment to retrieve it, and the glove compartment was empty! No registration whatsoever in the car. The officer asked me if the vehicle was stolen and I replied "no, it was a rental". He then placed me in handcuffs and moved me near the squad car and began asking me about renting the car and where was the insurance for the vehicle. I explained I was using my personal insurance which I had a copy of the policy on my phone. He then searched the entire car, while I am in handcuffs.

The entire time I am crying as I am fearing going to jail and missing my uncle's funeral, for reasons I cannot understand. He asked where my uncle lives and I replied he lived in Harmony. He asked what other documentation I had to show the car wasn't stolen. I replied all I had was the rental agreement, and begged him to let me go, as all I did was rent the car.

He examined my out of state license (AZ) and saw that it matched the name on the rental agreement. He seemed ready to impound the car and take me to jail for the weekend, as nothing could be done until Monday. Through tears I begged again that I would miss my Uncle's funeral. It was not until after he saw the plate number on the rental agreement and the vehicle description of a Chevy Impala was also on the rental agreement that he began to agree my story had some validity. He finally agreed to release me and said somebody in Michigan had really screwed this up for me.

I was shaking as I finished the drive to my father's house and felt traumatized the rest of the trip. I lived in fear the entire trip that I would be pulled over every time I drove the car, and feared the next officer would not be as gracious. I drove the vehicle very little out of fear. So the entire time when I should be focusing on supporting my family for our loss, all I could think about was going to jail every time I left the house. Then after writing me I would not be charged, I was charged $229 which is almost double the charge that was on my rental agreement.

I recently traveled to Costa Rica (April 2017) and used EXPEDIA to book a car from Payless Rental Car over a month in advance and would be picked up at the airport upon arrival. After booking, the receipt from Expedia was for a total price of $75.74 with unlimited mileage. The booking receipt states explicitly that the total price includes all mandatory taxes and fees (see attached booking receipt). Upon arrival, the Payless Rental counter staff person informed me that I was mandated to add insurance to the coverage and recommended adding insurance for a new total cost of $474 - over SIX times the Expedia / Payless price quoted... The staff person politely informed me that for this price I would not need be liable for any damage to the vehicle. I was shocked - having traveled internationally countless times had never experienced anything like this.

There was a slightly cheaper option but it would require putting a $3,000 hold on my credit card and me paying 80% of any damage - again should any occur. After showing the Payless counter staff person the price of my booking quote he informed me that unfortunately was not completely accurate and I would need to select one of his new price options or look elsewhere for a vehicle. Whaaat? I never book with Expedia or use Payless again.

The worst cars ever. I rented a Yaris from Payless last week. It had 73,000 miles on it. The side mirrors were manual. The only other car in my rental area had duct tape on it to cover crash damage. The gearshift is awful, too. I was afraid to drive it, and while on the 405 freeway in LA, I could not adjust the mirror. Even the keychain they gave me had sharp pieces of wire sticking out. This place should be ashamed of themselves.

I have the same problem as another victim have here. I rented a car from this company and how so much I wish I would have gone to another company. First I had a couple of hidden feeds. I thought I was paying 10.00 dollars a day when it was 17.00 a day. When I return the car I was charged 203 the price that my contacts said. When I get back to Cincinnati I took a look at my bank statement, these low life took another 359.00 out of my account. This happen on 5-15-17. I have until this day 5-21-17 to a response of why I was charged 359.00.

Customer service tell me everyday they will send my final bill to my email address. As of seven days I have not received a thing. And what so bad about it you can't talk to no one that will try and help you. I ask to speak to upper management. I left on hold for 44 minutes. Never has any conversation with upper management yet. My only help is my bank is doing an investigation on the problem. Please don't rent from this company. Now my bank account is at a negative all because I have an x 359 dollars that has been taken out of my account. Worth of the worth.

I had a reservation in DFW airport and when I arrived the employee said that they didn't have a car available and they had a 2-hours wait and no guarantees. When I asked how it could be happening, she answered that she was there for 15 minutes and didn't know why. She was rude and unprofessional. Payless showed no customer service care. My advice? Don't trust this company. I'm glad that I was in a place with more options and the Thrifty Car Rental have competent professionals. I had to pay more, because I didn't have a reservation, but at least I left the airport and didn't spend my whole day waiting for something that could not happen.

I went through Expedia to rent a car in Phoenix and it was from Payless. I agree to pay about $189 for a small sedan for 5 days. Payless charged me $600. They said I agreed to all sorts of additional services including roadside services (I have AAA). I was shocked. Called them but their customer services personnel were rude and unhelpful and told me to call the office in Phoenix. But the number they gave me was incorrect. DON'T USE THIS COMPANY. They are scam artists and liars.

I booked a Payless car online through Southwest Airlines confirmation number **. Southwest gave me a price of $145.15. But Priceline charged me $230.83 against my credit card when I returned the car. I got no satisfaction from Southwest or Priceline when contacting them on my return. I should have read the numerous complaints on Priceline before booking... No more rentals from them.

I have rented Nissan Versa from 195 Davidson Ave Somerset NJ and traveled to New York on 7th. Unfortunately I lost the car keys on 9th May 2017 at my office location at 3 pm. I called Somerset office twice and they didn't answer my call and didn't even called me back. So I called the Payless customer care, they took all my details and contacted the roadside assistance company. They said they will tow the car and replace me with a new car and I will have to pay for the lost keys. I agreed to them and they tow my car next day morning that is on 10th May at 11.30 am. I got a call in the afternoon from the Payless corporate office saying that they cannot replace and give me with another car as I haven't rented the car from the corporate rental company.

Among all these situation my rental company doesn't have a clue of what was happening. When I called them they said they can't help me and questioned me back asking why was the car towed. When I called Payless customer care they must have all the details where and when I took the car but they didn't have any kind of information with them and misguided me and towed the car with all my belongings in the car. Now it's been 4 days since I have not been using car even though I paid the full amount with full insurance for the car. When I called the Somerset office they said they never faced this kind of situation of customer losing the car keys and ended up car being towed.

When I called Somerset office on 10th May afternoon they said they can't help me and gave me another number of their maintenance office number by name Paul and he said he never had a situation like this. I will have to travel all the way to New Jersey and get a new car or get replacement keys. How can they expect me to travel all the way to New Jersey without a car and get a new car replacement or new keys. If your services were so limited I wouldn't have rented a car from Payless. What kind of options you have for a non local. If I was local I would have traveled by an Uber to get replacement keys or a new car. What services do you provide for a non local???

This morning I called the Somerset office. They picked up my call and didn't help me with my situation and disconnected my call. I called them 4 times now and didn't even answer my call. I called maintenance officer Paul twice he didn't answer my call. Note: I rented car for a week and I used only for 4 days and paid the whole amount.

Memphis TN airport location. The customer service was great. Tori was excellent. I return the car after hours and no one was there to check the car. Although Avis (which is connect to Payless) was open the lady was too busy talking to be concern about the car. I return the car full; however, I didn't have any receipts proving I purchase the gas. They charge me 68.00. It took over a week to get a receipt with all my charges. Then 3-5 days for the investigation. I believe they didn't check my fuel and so they can charge me because I got a good rate from AARP. So if you are going rent from them take pictures of your car and gas gauge because you never know what charges they will give you. If someone is there, wait until the representative to totally check you out.

YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS: in addition to the usual complaints about the Payless Car Rental company (insurance charges that I explicitly declined; dirty, cigarette smelly, scratches and dents; car alarm went off three times unexplainably), I was charged a "vehicle license fee" of .99/day. Trouble is, the license plate tag on the vehicle expired more than a month prior to the day I rented the car! No, really! I would never have noticed, but one day I returned to the parked car to find a police citation for having expired license plates.

I'm a very experienced renter of vehicles (but never from Payless) and I have never heard of this happening - nor has anyone else I've spoken to about this. When I dropped off the car at the San Diego Airport rental center, I asked the on-site manager how a vehicle with expired plates was allowed off the premises. He stated that the California DMV is responsible for the expired plates, not the Payless Rental Car company. He didn't apologize and he didn't accept responsibility, but he did say Payless would pay the ticket. Hmm.

I pre-booked a rental car via AARP travel for a short visit to Florida to see an ill relative. My husband and I checked in at the Payless booth at Sarasota-Bradenton Airport upon our arrival. The agent was friendly and we didn't have a problem with that, however he provided us with false information when he urged us to purchase the pre-fuel fill up option, whereas if we paid for a full tank at pickup our price per gallon was much lower than what we would pay at the pump to fill it at drop-off in West Palm Beach Intl area. So he informed us that instead of having to refill tank at drop-off we would return it on empty with the pre-pay and save on cost of fuel.

Since use of rental would only be for about 15 miles to my relative in Sarasota area, the bulk of the mileage would be driving to West Palm, so we were hesitant to accept the option thinking we would not be using a full tank. The agent then assured us that we would most likely be using the full tank and that if we did not that we could either fill the tank at drop-off and be credited for the fuel we did not use (we used less than half a tank). We accepted the pre-pay gas option. At pickup the car had a half dollar sized dent which was not indicated on the papers so we had to get a valet to validate it on paper, we did.

After our short stay in Sarasota we drove to see relatives in West Palm area. When we dropped off rental at Payless at West Palm Beach Intl location (which is not actually AT the airport, but close by) the agent, Paul was very abrupt and told us we would not be getting a credit for the half tank we didn't use and that the agent in Sarasota should not have told us that because "they (Payless) doesn't do that." When I pressed him further, he rudely dismissed us. Whereupon I told him we would be disputing the charge and that was the last time I would ever do business with Payless again... he obviously could not care less and went on to whatever he was doing. I plan on keeping my vow never to rent from Payless again and telling as many traveling friends and family of my experience and that I highly do NOT recommend Payless. They're an awful company with a poor business model that puts their customers LAST.

Booked a reservation, got confirmation code. Called to confirm. They cancelled my reservation and still charged my card, but said they did not charge my card. My statement shows they did. Called four times they said they couldn't help me. The charge on my statement clearly says charge from Payless. They still refuse to credit me and claim it wasn't them! I gave them 1 star because I didn't have the choice of zero. Beware. Stay away from this company!!

I reserved a car online for $113.39 (Payless, through American Airlines). When getting the car at Ontario Airport, the employee asked me at least 3 times about additional coverage and at least three times I declined. She had me initial and sign papers and said that was to show I declined. I offered to pay then, she said no, I pay on return. She DID NOT tell me that she had added $11/day Loss/Damage waiver (I understand she gets commission on that). Had she let me pay then, I would have known she was overcharging me and corrected it. When I turned in the car and went to pay, and said NO, I DO NOT owe $175.45, they showed me where I initialed that I ACCEPTED Loss/Damage. I DID NOT, the rental agent had said I was declining. I AM VERY UNHAPPY.

I only had time to speak with manager because I ended up bringing car in earlier. He was firm and showed me the "contract" that SHE misrepresented. BAIT AND SWITCH. The manager said the rental agent was supposed to go over the "contract" with me - she did not review ANY changes and I left with the car thinking it would be what I contracted online - $113.39 - I tried to call their customer service phone (which is what the manager said I had to do), waited on hold 67 minutes and 22 seconds, then a recording says try again or go to website and hung up one me. I want to speak to someone. The manager said he could credit me back "Half" but I would have to call for the other half. I believe that was a lie and he could have credited it all since I did not ask for or agree to that extra charge.

I plan to let American Airlines (went thru them for this rental), TripAdvisor, Facebook and any other travel related site that what was done was unethical and that there is NO customer service available to help this dispute (filling out a form on a website is NOT customer service). By my math, they still owe me $29.40. My husband and I travel a lot. We have never used Payless that I know of. I do not expect we will ever again. I believe they are counting on the fact that when you rent and/or turn in a car, you are tired, it is crowded, and have to hurry to get the shuttle to/from the airport and catch your flight, so you do not have time to dispute, or double check the "contract" to be sure they are NOT CHEATING. Liars and cheaters, DO NOT RENT FROM PAYLESS.

I returned the rental car with a full tank of gas that was filled up at the Holiday Gas Station 1.5 miles away. I even topped off the tank after reading bad reviews about them. When I returned the car, I left it running to show that the tank was full. I was issued a receipt by "Hannah" which reflected $39 in gas charges. When I questioned this charge she informed me that the gas charge would be removed on the "final receipt" which would be emailed to me. I showed her the receipt from the gas station and again told her that the tank was full and I wanted a final receipt now. She refused to give me a final receipt and told me that it would be emailed to me and "not to worry that the gas charge would be removed". I said that I know this is how companies screw over customers and I wanted a receipt. She said she would email it because I was going to miss the shuttle. They emailed the final receipt which still included the gas charges.

I called to complain and was told it would be removed within four hours. It was not. I called local number and spoke with Peter ** who hung up on me when I complained. I called back several times and they did not answer. I blocked my caller ID and they answered. Peter told me that he would have to talk with Hannah to see if I gave her my gas receipt. I told him she never asked to keep my gas receipt and I had voluntarily shown it to her (she did not even ask to see it). He told me that he could not immediately do anything about it until he spoke with Hannah. I also took a photo of the receipt and emailed to ** and still never heard back from anyone.

I called Expedia to file a complaint with them. They told me that someone would contact me in 72 hours. So it keeps getting longer. I have filed a complaint with the FTC, the BBB and contacted the class action attorney for the current lawsuit. I also left a message for their corporate attorney. This is fraud. Deliberate and criminal.

Please do not use Payless Car Rental. I regret renting from them. I never had any problems with other car rental companies. My statement just echoes the many other complaints posted on this website. The company is deceptive to the point of fraud; they hide additional fees and charges as being part of the deposit. I posted a warning on my Facebook page so my friends don't make the same mistake.

We arrived earlier than expected and were told, "We're out of cars, and it will be an additional $50 to pick up your car (an hour early)." We were presented with all kinds of options for other cars, but ONLY if we paid for additional car insurance at extremely high prices. We cancelled our reservation and walked out... and rented a better car at Thrifty for the same money we were quoted on Car Rentals dot com.

Do not give your business to this company!! I reserved a full size vehicle with plenty of advance notice. When I arrived at the airport rental lot, they did not have the correct sized vehicle. They tried to give me a smaller vehicle than what I requested for the same price. After I refused to accept that deal they finally gave me one closer to what I originally requested.

Fast forward a couple weeks. I contacted them since I hadn't received a final receipt. They said it would take up to 72 hours to email me the receipt! After the 72 hours went by with no email I contacted them again. They took down my info again and apparently wrote down the wrong email address. I called a third time and after arguing with the rep, they realized the mistake and said a receipt would be emailed within a few hours. All I received so far is an internal ticket notification that my request was received. I spoke with a manager today, and they told me there is nothing they can do and no one they can call to speed up the process. Needless to say, I told him how awful their service was and they will not get my business any longer. After 8 days, I still don't have a receipt!

We hired a Payless car via Ryanair, paid on internet, drove for a week, returned no problems, even filled in satisfaction questionnaire. The day after we were charged 44€ after having been assured that there were no extras. All attempts to get the money back have been stopped "hoping you are satisfied with the result of enquiries". We are very disappointed with Payless/Budget/Avis. Seems that thieving is the name of the game on this side of the Atlantic as well so watch out!

Picked up rental car and the seats were so dirty we had to put towels on the seats. We asked to get another car but was told they did not have any other cars. Paid $309.00 for upgraded car and only got a Chevy Cruze. The passenger seat adjustment handle was broken off so that could not be adjusted. Talked to the manager who was from Avis and he said Payless has older cars. This is no excuse to have a dirty car. They act concerned but judging from their ratings they don't care. Filed a complaint while we still had the car. Have called five days in row and they still have not resolved the issue. They do update the fact that they called.

From rotten cars, overcharges, phone numbers that never answer, customer service in Mexico with poor English skills. Be real careful signing anything with these crooks and you will be sorry once they have your credit card access. Cars are filthy, cheap real cheap. Office hours are terrible you will prob have to leave the car with another company. Employees are just useless, they hate their jobs and treat you like such. So my advice to you when renting a car use the big guys, pay the extra bucks for peace of mind. Stay away from Payless Car Rental.

Never rent from Payless Car Rental. Over a month after turning back our rental car in Ontario CA, we were contacted by phone to cover "damage" to the car. There was no damage caused by us. They indicated there was damage to the "bottom" of the car. They are sending me photos and information regarding their claim, but absolutely no damage was caused by us. Beware of these guys! They're crooks and I will try and have my insurance company handle it for me.

I rented a car in Fort Myers Airport rental. They specifically stated that the rental could be picked up at the "airport location". There is no airport pickup. You have to wait for a shuttle and then take a 10 minute ride to get to the pickup. They shouldn't advertise airport pickup if the vehicle is not at the airport. Also the agent told me if I used the fast lane transponder I would be charged a convenience fee of 2-3 dollars. I used it for a $6 toll to Sanibel Island. When I returned home my credit card was charged $20.50.... for a $6 toll. Stay away from this company.

Compare Rental Cars