2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.81/5

Orbitz Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orbitz?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orbitz?

Original review: April 11, 2021

When our flight was cancelled at the last minute, requiring us to leave 12 hours later on a red eye with two layovers Orbitz did nothing to help find a better flight. They also did not refund a penny.

Original review: April 10, 2021

Package was never delivered. Orbitz acted as middleman. UPS authorized insurance payment for the loss, but Orbit Logistic failed to respond, so I lost package and insurance. I called and emailed multiple times. I even contacted the President/CEO, Mr. Clemons: NADA. What can I say...

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 9, 2021

A company that will take and keep your money, reschedule due to Covid and not assist in rescheduling with the airline associated with their website does not hold themselves accountable. Will not use this company in the future.

Original review: April 5, 2021

When I booked the flight through Orbitz to MSP and asked for a hotel they only gave hotels in downtown Minneapolis. After booking I found that they had no parking and that I would need a train to get into the city and then to walk to the hotel that night. I was arriving on a late flight and this was unacceptable. I tried to call the hotel to change to one closer to the airport with a shuttle but was on hold for more than an hour before someone answered and said that they could not change it but that I would have to call Orbitz. I was on hold with Orbitz for almost as long and they said that they could not change it. I had to book a different hotel near MSP. I will never use Orbitz again or book with Embassy Suits again.

Original review: April 4, 2021

Booked thru Orbitz. American Airline canceled direct flight home, halfway through trip, and rebooked with awful option. Called Orbitz, they suggested I cancel and purchase a different flight at a last minute premium price. I refused and they said they would call american and see if I could get a reasonable replacement flight. They never called, American Airlines confirmed this and gave me a better option , no charge. Orbitz hung up on me, lied to me, and compromised my health offering a layover of 50 minutes to clear immigration, customs and TSA. When I absolutely would not have booked if I knew I needed to layover at all. Trying to charge me hundreds extra midway through foreign country trip, even though I was not the one that cancelled anything... American Airlines sucks as well...

Original review: March 18, 2021

As others have stated here I had a Covid cancellation and was told my current acct number would be my receipt for ticket credit as long as it was used before 12/2021. I called to rebook the trip and was told I was a no show even though I called Orbitz and cancelled- now they say I have to pay $400 to reinstate. I was not a no show- we called 1 month before the trip and cancelled while on line with their customer service.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I'm so unhappy about Orbitz's policy when using airline credit to rebook flights. I had to buy a more expensive one way ticket than was listed on the website, because I was using my credit (which was from a covid related cancellation last year). I had to pay an extra $300 for my family's flights, on top of using my $750 credit, but the online flight total for the same flights was actually less. I was told when I cancelled that this would be a no hassle process. It's crazy that I couldn't use my credit towards the flights listed online. I will NEVER use Orbitz again!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

Spend two hours trying to get them to charge me for the room they confirmed with the hotel that we actually received instead of the upgrade we booked. They made us wait and get a callback from a “supervisor” who offered a better coupon to let the fraudulent charge stand. They lost a loyal customer over a small money refund, but I won’t do business with a company that treats customers that poorly.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

In 2019 I reserved cabins for a week in Scotland & purchased insurance. Covid happened & Orbitz canceled my reservation in March 2020. They said within 30 days I’d get a $610.00 credit. I’ve filed for it 4 times now, they even said it was put in as very important etc. Never got it. $610.00 is a lot of money and it poofed. Orbitz are crooks.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

Book with the airlines after you’ve looked at any travel website and they will match the price. I have travelled extensively and I have never dealt with a bunch of more incompetent, apathetic, not responsible, not accountable “Customer Service” people in my life. Orbitz booked a flight that didn’t exist and refused to do anything about it after 5 agent and 3 hours on the phone stuck in LaGuardia airport. Orbitz offered to pay part of a Hillel. I was left with no choice but to stay at the airport where the TSA kicked me out into 36° weather. Thanks Orbitz.

Orbitz author review by ConsumerAffairs

Orbitz is an online travel website owned by Expedia Inc. It was founded in 2001 and acquired by Expedia in 2015.

• Rewards: Orbitz rewards travelers with points they can exchange for discounts.

• Vacation packages: Travelers can save money by choosing vacation packages instead of buying services individually.

• Activities: Orbitz can help tourists find activities and events in their destination cities.

• Mobile apps: Mobile users gain access to exclusive deals.

• Scratchpad: The website's Scratchpad feature helps travelers keep track of offers that interest them.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team