Orbitz

Compare Travel Sites

Research top Travel Sites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Orbitz charged my credit card for a reservation that was never completed, I have no confirmation number or itinerary and Orbit is avoiding me to prevent reimbursement. While trying to book a flight and hotel to Maui Hawaii, an Orbitz sales rep charged my credit card several times while the charges were pending and exceeded my credit limit. All charges were declined due to insufficient funds and all reservations were cancelled, but not before American Airlines and Virgin Americas charges came through my account. I did not receive any confirmation or reservation numbers or an itinerary. They received my payment but I have no flight to or from Hawaii.

I immediately contacted the Bank to find out why the charges weren't going through only to learn that Virgin America and American Airlines in the amount of $2608.80 were pending and when Orbitz rep tried to input the amount of $3825.75 for the complete package (airfare and hotel) it was declined for reasons of insufficient funds because the combined amounts exceeded my available balance. The Bank rep said Virgin America and American Airlines would have to send a letter on their letterhead to have the charges removed.

I contacted the Airlines who claim they are a 3rd party which leaves the remedy to Orbitz, but the charges came through my account, and Orbitz could not cancel the payment after it was paid from my account. The Airlines were paid from my account, but I have no reservation, flight number and no confirmation number or itinerary to show for it. Both Airlines are contradicting their refund policy. However, I need a letter from both Airlines so I can have the charges reversed when I submit their letters to the Bank, but the Airlines cite the fault of Orbitz and won't give me the letter.

On 2/21/17, there were 4 inputs at $ 322.80 each that reference American Airlines from Orbitz and 4 inputs of $329.20 from Virgin America. After Orbitz advised me that all parts of my reservation was cancelled, Orbitz inputted my credit card number again and without my permission. On 3/12/17, Orbit made another big mistake by emailing me an unauthorized booking itinerary & confirmation code on American Airline; a one-way ticket with no return trip and with no return email address for me to communicate back with them. Again, THIS BOOKING IS UNAUTHORIZED. I've been given a flight I can't use, so I called American and cancelled it, but American won't refund me and Orbitz is avoiding me to prevent paying the reimbursement.

Prior to 3/12/17, I was advised by Orbitz manager Evet (they don't give last names) that I would be reimbursed for the problems Orbitz created. During that phone conversation, I specifically asked Orbitz manager for a full cancellation and full reimbursement so I could start the reservations over with a clean account and with someone else. She affirmed that I would be reimbursed and I was assigned case # **. However, during a subsequent phone contact, Orbitz supervisor Carolyn could not find my information under that case number.

This problem has become enormous for 3 reasons: (1) Orbit has a general phone number and a customer can't speak to the same person they spoke to 5 minutes ago--you can't call back and ask to speak to a specific person. (2) When a person calls Orbitz corporate Office to speak with Customer Service, a recording says, "SORRY, the person you are trying to reach does not have a valid voice mailbox on our system." (3) By having to speak to multiple representatives, some of Orbitz reps do not speak English well and the understanding gets lost in the translation, which only complicates matters worst. I called back more than 1 dozen times and could not speak to manager Evet again. To add insult to injury, CEO Hartford never answered the certified letter I sent him. His office signed for it in February 2017.

Orbitz offers insurance on flights, knowing people are assuming that means if they need to cancel they can get a refund. And then when you call to use your insurance they refer you to insurance company which requires you to submit a proof of medical emergency. NO ONE can predict medical emergency, therefore NO ONE would purchase this insurance if they knew all the details. This kind of deception is highly unethical, and Orbitz knows exactly how they are deceiving their customers. I will never use Orbitz again.

I made a mistake by checking that I wanted travel insurance when I booked my travel online. So immediately after booking I called customer service to delete/cancel that portion of my reservation but they said their system was down and I should call back in 4 hours. So I called back in 4 hours and they told me the same thing... but that would've been like 2 am, so I didn't call back until a few days later. But then their service message said due to the storm in the NE that I should call back another day unless it related to travel related to that day or the next. So I called back a fourth time in a different day and I was on hold for over 20 minutes.

Then my request got sent to a different level and I didn't get a response until a couple of days later Via email saying because I didn't call them or request this sooner that they could not refund my money. They said they had no record of my previous attempts to call. They wouldn't have record of the call the day of the storm but the first 2 attempts where I actually talked to people should have been noted... but I'm pretty sure now that the 'system is down' thing is something they tell people to avoid having to refund things in hopes they will not call back soon enough for their rules. Overall extremely poor customer service!

I will NEVER use this outfit again. I made a reservation with a hotel through Orbitz and had to change the reservation. Not only did the person get the dates wrong, but I was charged the full price for the change of reservation. I complained and kept getting, "We are sorry" e-mail, but no action or help at all! I did contact the hotel and they actually helped me. Thank you Orchards Inn of Sedona! You are wonderful. Orbitz is an awful company, and their customer service is extremely poor. Avoid them at all costs.

I have been a customer of Orbitz for quite some time and always found them to be reliable. Recently I purchased cancellation insurance on a flight that needed to be cancelled due to a family emergency. Orbitz staff was rude, double talking and not a bit willing to help. They actually issue refunds, then when you try to rebook, charge outrageous booking fees which cost more than money refunded. I will never book flights through Orbitz again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orbitz?

On May 23, 2016 we booked the flights for 50th wedding anniversary to Hawaii starting on Feb. 9th, 2017. We were told to book early because it was during prime time for Hawaii and we were using Frequent Flyer Miles. We received our itinerary on May 23, 2016 at 12:56pm from Orbitz. We checked it for accuracy and connection times and everything was OK. We did not receive any correspondence from Orbitz or The Rewards Center telling us there were any changes to our flights so we assumed all flights were scheduled as planned.

We chose to arrive at the Spokane Airport the night before and stay in a nearby hotel because of possible Icy roads. I tried to check in online but a message came up saying we need to see an agent to get our boarding passes. We arrived at the ticket counter at 6:40a for our first flight to leave at 8:10a. When we checked in it was discovered that the second leg of our flight out of Portland was changed from 10:45a back to 8:15a. Giving us 5 minutes to get to Portland and board our plane. The agent Alaska Agent (Bonnie – very nice) tried for about 30 minutes to get it changed but was put on hold with her call to Alaska.

Finally she asked if we wanted to wait on hold or have them call us back. We told her we would wait on hold for her. I waited for 1 hour & 16 min. Meanwhile my wife Audrey decided to call the Rewards center. A fellow answered and was very helpful but we were on hold with him for about 2 hours. He kept checking in and finally said to take the next available flight to Portland and that hopefully he would have a flight to Hawaii set by the time we got there. We took a flight at about 11:30 to Portland. When we got there a flight was booked for us on United to LA. The agent said she couldn’t give us boarding passes because the next connection was on another airline (Hawaiian). We had about 45 min. in LA to the get to the next flight to Honolulu.

Just before push back it was discovered they needed to change a couple of tires on our aircraft which took about 20 min. We arrived in LA with 15 min. to get to our next flight. We used a shuttle cart and went as fast as we could but our connecting flight scheduled for 5:27p left 10 min. early. We were told at the Hawaiian gate that the next available flight was the same flight the next day (5:27p). We went to the Alaska ticket counter to see if we could get an earlier flight. A really nice female agent worked with us for about 90 min. and finally she got us on a flight the next morning at about 8a. We were given vouchers for hotel & meals. Then to find our luggage. Alaska told us they were probably at United but if not come back. We went to United baggage claim and after a bit of insistence they found our bags. We boarded our flight the next morning and everything went as planned and we arrived in Hilo at 2:15p.

Now for our flights home. We went to the Hawaiian ticket agent upon arriving at Hilo to check on our return flights. We were told everything was OK except one flight change and some minor time changes. We were told they couldn’t print out an Itinerary because it was on another airline (Alaska). 23 hours before our flight I tried to do an Online Check In. I got a message that I would have to see a ticket agent for check in. I then tried using Online Confirmation and was given our flights and times but there was no flight from Portland to Seattle.

I called Alaska to get it fixed and they said their computer showed there was a flight on our itinerary. She tried to confirm it on the Online site as I had and it wouldn’t work for her either. She said she would talk to a supervisor and after about 30 min. she said they didn’t know what was wrong but that our flight should be OK. After all the problems we’ve had on this trip I was still a bit nervous. When we left Hilo to start our trip home we finally got our boarding passes and luggage checked back to Spokane. We arrived in Spokane exactly on time. During all this all the agents, both at the airport and on the phone were very helpful.

We also booked flights for our children using our Frequent Flyer Miles. They left 3 days later so we warned them to confirm their flights. Most of their flights to & from had been changed with no notice. But they were able to get them fixed in time. Our question is why we weren’t notified of these changes by Orbitz or Alaska. Other airlines keep us well informed by Email. We were told that Our Bank Rewards has dropped using Orbitz because of all the problems they were having. After reading other reviews and our experience we recommend you do not use Orbitz.

We booked a hotel with Orbitz and one of the kids was sick so we pushed back our reservation by two days. They apparently didn't inform the hotel so when we showed up after a 7-hour drive our room had been canceled since we didn't show up on the original day. They originally were going to refund us and give us an hundred dollar credit even though our other house was going to be over 200 dollars more. We finally got a house after 2 hours and a huge hassle that is not on the water and doesn't have a pool. Will not be using Orbitz again.

Beware of false claim that the price went up. After buying my two tickets through Orbitz I realized I didn't enter the exact name as it appears on my friend's ID which is strict with Delta. Orbitz customer service said they couldn't change it without canceling and starting over so I asked her to do that for me. It had only been about 15 min. so well within no cancellation fee. Then she tried to swindle me out of $50. more telling me the price had just gone up. I challenged her as I had been looking at that flight for several hrs unchanged. I asked if she was charging me an assistance booking fee and she said no. Not believing the price had gone up I asked her just to cancel everything. I went back into Orbitz online and found the exact same flight I wanted for the original guaranteed price. I consider this a dark policy with Orbitz and caution everyone on this subject.

Don't use Orbitz. I have been using Orbitz for years now and the customer service has always been challenging. I booked a hotel for $109 for three nights. Orbitz charged me $ 170 and when I got the bank statement and called them, they would not change it. The room did not come with a kitchen and when I told them that they did not care. Always check the hotel prices before booking on Orbitz because they are sometimes a lot cheaper. I'm sticking with Priceline at least they try to resolve issues with you.

I used to be a fan of Orbitz. I felt their prices were competitive and the saving could easily be seen. Plus ease of use. But after years of satisfied service, I will no longer use them for discounts on flights and hotels. I purchased a flight (JetBlue) through their website and the INSURANCE. I, unfortunately had to cancel my trip. I called the customer service line, which is lacking in training, after 2 phone calls (I was hung up on the first time) and speaking with 3 different "customer service" representatives, and 45 minutes later, I was told that I could not cancel my flight for refund and that the insurance I purchased was only good for death or hospitalization! Their policy for insurance protection plans is misleading at the very least.

I was given the option of changing my flight for a fee that was higher than my purchase price. In the end I was refunded $22 on a trip I paid over $200 Plus $19.00 of worthless insurance. I was told that I should have read the terms and conditions of the insurance, that is true. I also explained to the supervisor "Josh" that one of the reasons people use the site in the first place is for ease and convenience and price guarantee. Standing behind their product (service) is something that Orbitz is lacking. I will never use their website or your services again and I will tell everyone about this. I will post on every review site how much of a rip off Orbitz truly is. The advertised savings is very conditional and not consumer friendly.

I have been using Orbitz for 15 years and have made several reservations on this site. Today, I made a hotel reservation (Itinerary # **) where I put the wrong date by mistake. I realized this and called back within 5 minutes. First, I got transferred around for 15 minutes. Then, I had to speak with a "supervisor" (Jade) who told me she was going to call me back shortly. This never happened and then I called back again. This time I was kept on hold for 56 minutes. I dialed again and got in touch with Kim (another supervisor!) and he told me that they cannot make the change due to the reservation policy. I don't think I have ever had any company not able to understand an error and make changes that are reported within 5 minutes. Never ever use this service again!!!

In 2016, I booked a domestic flight through Orbitz totaling $402.20. I had to cancel my flight and received a credit voucher for $252.60 that had to be used by April 28, 2017 with one leg of the trip being with Delta. It was only worth a little more than half of my original ticket, but I was grateful to receive something back. On February 5th, I found a $205 domestic flight to which I wanted to apply the credit. The credit was not automatically on my account, so I had to call. When I called, they informed me I would be charged a $200 rebooking fee... meaning that my credit voucher was really only worth $52.60. I find it unacceptable that I had to pay a $200 fee to use my $252.60 credit voucher. Although this situation was not covered under Orbitz travel insurance, I had purchased it for $29.00. I will not be using Orbitz again.

Tried to book a roundtrip flight, but Orbitz denied my purchase every time. Checked my bank account and there are 3 separate pending charges for over $350 each, plus one charge for $25 for the flight assurance I elected to have. I waited a little bit for a confirmation email, or anything really, but nothing came. Then I tried to call customer service. There is no easy way to talk to a real person, and the first time I managed to get connected to someone, they hung up on me. I know I was connected because I could hear voices in the background.

The second time I was connected, no one greeted me or acknowledged me. She just let me sit there, until I finally said "Hello?" a few times. She quickly said "Oh you can hear me now!", like I couldn't hear anything before. When I told her what was going on, she first told me she didn't see any charges. She deleted the $25 charge without telling me (I have screenshots to prove it), but kept questioning the other charges. Finally she admitted she saw them, and said there was nothing she could do and that I'd have to call my bank and cancel the charges myself. She then asked if I wanted to book the flight now, which I said I couldn't because they had my money on hold. She got snippy with me and then repeated that I needed to call my bank. NEVER using Orbitz again!

Last year I was attempting to purchase a flight on Orbitz website when the page timed out and I was asked to select another flight. I did and disputed the initial flight charge with my credit card company (Chase) which won the dispute with Orbitz. Orbitz then came after me and sent the amount of the ticket $282.20 to a collections agency without notifying me and have told me I need to work with the collections agency regarding this matter.

We booked Orbitz to DC. We arrive at hotel after traveling all day at 12:30 AM (two females keep in mind). Orbitz did not send our reservation/itinerary to hotel, customer service was closed, hotel felt so bad for us they let us stay. We spent 1.5 hours on phone the next day with Orbitz who lied saying they were on the phone with the hotel when we were up there at the front desk, overcharged us, would not refund us anything, did not seem to care, and refused to pay ANYTHING or admit they messed up. We never found out the problem or why they did not send our reservation. If the hotel had not had an extra room for us it would have been nowhere to go.

I booked a cruise for two for Feb. 2017 via Orbitz Cruises. They booked my airfare out of EWR TO FLL and the return as well... I booked at the end of September. Nov 26 was the cut-off for cancellation with zero fees. Our plans changed and therefore had to cancel... I called the "cruise specialist" Maria **, who I had been dealing with throughout this whole booking, which was several hours. She was wonderful. She canceled and sent me a confirmation. Told me it would take 4 weeks to get my $490 deposit refunded. She then told me I had to pay $100 cancellation fee, which I knew nothing about prior. She told me it was Orbitz's policy. I guess I had no choice. That was Nov 11th.

Today is Jan. 23, 2017 and I have not gotten my refund. I called Orbitz lots of times, to no avail. One occasion after being on the phone 35 mins. for like the third time, a customer service rep told me I was refunded, that he called Princess for me and was told that. We hang up, I go online to my bank and see that the $100 fee that shouldn't have been charged to me to begin with, was refunded... but not my $490. I have called the lovely Maria ** at her direct number several times, emailed her too, but she has never gotten back to me once. Funny, cause when I was booking she was calling me like we were friends.

I tried emailing Orbitz about this problem and the email gets kicked back saying I have to call. How can I call when I am constantly put on hold for 20, 30, 40 mins at a time?? How can such a huge company have these illegal practices and get away with it? Go on BBB too, tons of negative reviews... Anyone have ideas how to get my money back?

I have used Orbitz for many years as my go to booking site. I booked a flight and hotel package to Frankfurt and noticed the next day, on Orbitz, that it was almost $400 cheaper. I submitted a price adjustment claim and was informed I had not supplied enough information to verify my claim. I submitted a second claim with more information and a comment on how disappointing it is that they could not verify information from their site. Again my claim was denied so I sent an email to customer service and received no reply. As others have stated, if you do not require any level of customer support Orbitz is the travel site for you.

So earlier today I was attempting to book 5 plane tickets together for a total of 1826.65. For some reason it said my card declined BUT the money was taken out immediately by Orbitz. I got on no tickets, no email, no nothing. Mind you I've been using Orbitz for 10 years now and never experienced this. So I called Orbitz to be given the runaround, saying they see nothing on their end. Kept asking me for confirmation number when there wasn't one.

Then all of a sudden they were able to transfer me to their specialist, whom all of a sudden is updating their systems in the middle of a work day, and for me to call back in 30 minutes. I asked for a direct number and they gave me a different number. 30 minutes later I called back just to be told the person whom I spoke with earlier made no notes or anything but they would help... of course not... so I get another runaround and 2 hours later they decided to tell me, "Well our department that handles charges just closed. But we will call the bank with you and talk to them."

So I call my bank again and file a claim. All the while Orbitz has said nothing to the bank. Get off the phone with the bank and Orbitz says, "We've done everything we could." So I get pissed off and the lady says, "Ma'am if you are gonna get mad I'm going to disconnect the phone now." Like hello?!?! You just stole $1826.65 from me and you expect me not to be mad?!?! Then she goes on to tell me Orbitz never took the money because it's still pending in my account. I still don't have my money and I just wasted 6 hours trying to figure out why they took my money when they declined it.

Booked a flight and hotel package on orbitz.com for $574.71. Then noticed my credit card was declining and charged twice for $334.28 from Travelocity, $345.78 Expedia and Orbitz charge of $380.82. All I did was browse like everyone else does when they are looking for travel. I called all 3 companies and all I got is someone in another country who knows nothing but one did tell me this happens often and I need to call my CC company. He also told me they are all the same company. Well this has caused for $2,000 in fees and declines and TIME wasted only by getting the runaround. SHUT THEM DOWN!

Worst customer service ever. Would not refer to any site to be used. Would not help any customer even on a family death situation. Not asking for refund just asking for date to be postponed for the same airlines and paying the difference in fare. And still wanted to charge me additional $200 dollars per ticket to make change. When I had paid $97 dollars for two plain tickets. Unacceptable. Worst company ever to work with and give customer in cases of emergency the relieve. Other than keep charging.

I booked an expensive international flight. When completing the booking, I got the message that the booking did not go through and I should try again. I did, and it was declined again. I checked my credit card account and saw that I was charged TWICE for the flight. However, I never got a confirmation from Orbitz. I have maxed out my credit card, and Orbitz has still not refunded me. They argue that they cannot find my itinerary number or flight confirmation, which I never got, but they still charged my credit card. It's been several days now and I can still not use my credit card because of these erroneous charges. Orbitz claims "unusual high volume" of customer messages. I researched and saw that this has happened to other customers as well. Clearly, Orbitz has an issue at their end. People need to know this and stay away from Orbitz until they can clear up their problems.

Orbitz provides no value. I'm not going to waste too much time on this, but in short, Orbitz provides no customer service and no value over booking directly with the provider. Their "customer service" is outsourced internationally and the first three layers (at least) are not empowered to solve problems or do anything more than you yourself could do on the provider's website. Getting to someone who can fix any issues proved too time-consuming for me to do (3+ hours in case 1, 1.5 hours in case 2), and as noted in other comments, involved extended periods of hold and being disconnected multiple times. On the plus side, they have good hold music.

After nearly 20 years as an Orbitz customer, I am no longer going to use Orbitz for anything. Two cases: August 2015: local hotel, booked same day on Orbitz, no record of reservation when checking in. After 3+ hours on the phone with customer service it was clear there was no one empowered or able to resolve the situation, so I paid again onsite. Further email inquiries were never resolved and I wound up paying twice for the reservation. January, 2017: international flight reservation - 4 flights, 2 passengers - called to resolve lack of seat assignments. After 90 minutes on the phone with various levels of management, was told that Orbitz had no ability to work with the airline to confirm seats and that my recourse was going on the airline's website and paying a fee to get a reserved seat, or "getting to the airport extra early" to make sure I get the seat of my choice.

Wasn't notified about delayed flight nor missed connection. Contacted them through their website and was told they always send notifications regarding delayed flights, and to check my spam box. I'd already searched "Orbitz" in all email boxes and the last email received was the confirmation in October. My flights were in Dec. 2016 and Jan. 2017. I asked that they apologize or forward what they were sure they had sent. They then replied that the airline notified me, which it didn't. I won't use a business that refuses to admit that they made an error.

Orbitz has an easy-to-use platform for booking trips. Whether it's a flight, hotel, car or a combination of those things, they make it easy to compare prices, make changes and view options with a user-friendly website.

I booked a vacation for two with Orbitz to the Dominican for one week and paid US $3,200. My girlfriend and I broke up, and I decided to cancel the trip. Well, they could only refund my hotel and give me a voucher for the air fare under my name. I said, "What about my girlfriend's air fare?" "Oh sorry, only she can get the credit voucher and we can't refund you the money." I told them that I paid for the airfare and not her so it was my money they were keeping. Now I am out US $900. Talk about a scam! Will never use Orbitz again! Stay away from this company. They are ripoff artists and will steal from you. Their insurance isn't worth the paper it is written on as they don't honor it.

Purchased one night accommodation at a hotel in called Clarion Suites Gateway, Melbourne for the 5th Nov 2016 through a website called trivago.com.au (as I have done many times before). Received an email confirmation from Orbitz confirming the price for the room being $436.72, along with any additional room charges that may occur, all presented in AUD. Small disclaimer at the bottom that "Unless specified otherwise, rates are quoted in US dollars".

I did not think anything of this as the AUD currency was specified. After my stay at the hotel, I noticed that on my credit card statement, I was charged $581.92. Upon contacting Orbitz, they argued that unless I could prove that they originally advertised the price in AUD, they had no obligation to refund the difference. I then contacted my bank to dispute the charge. I was told today that I was unsuccessful.

I would really appreciate any help or direction to take this further. I have used the trivago website many times before without any problem. My computer always automatically connects to the Australian Trivago site (trivago.com.au). I have also tried to contact Trivago directly but there doesn't seem to be any contact number at all.

I was simply trying to book a hotel room for the same day. When I received the text for confirmation and realized that it had booked me for a date 3 weeks away I immediately called Orbitz to see about correcting the problem. The Orbitz operator checked with the motel and said they could not cancel the booking (I had not paid the additional money for free cancellation because I didn't see the need-I was booking for the same day) but that they could offer me an upgraded room (one bed instead of two) for the difference in the upgrade price. He immediately asked if I would agree to this. I responded by stating that I needed to know what type of room was "upgraded" and what the difference in price was.

He repeatedly stated his offer to upgrade and would not tell me the difference in price until I specifically asked several times. Once I found out that the room only had one bed and the price was twice what my original reservation was for I told him to cancel my reservations and that I guess I would be out the original reservation fee. I finally hung up on him, something I DO NOT do because he would not end the conversation, just kept repeating "one king-sized bed at the upgraded price, I can book that right now for you". I called the motel directly when my credit card was charged two times plus another small fee that was not a booking fee. The double charge is still on my card 3 days later. I will never use Orbitz again. 2 desk clerks have told me they steer people away from Orbitz due to multiple incidences of this nature.

I just wish I had visited this page before I decided to book my ticket. I am extremely dissatisfied that I didn't even want to give then a star. Normally I am not the type of person that would take the time to write any reviews but I just wanted share comment in a nutshell here so that whoever is reading this will not become a victim of what I had to go through.

If there are no issues with your flight and just inquiring about your flight itinerary you probably would not think Orbitz is as bad as the reviews say it is. However, if you were to experience any trouble with your bookings, you will expect chaos, hours and hours on the phone, with the phone line disconnecting quite frequently and not getting a call back from their representative. Which means you will be repeating your situation over and over again to different representatives without a resolution. If you are persistent with your calling and lucky that the call doesn't drop, you may reach the manager of the operation but even then they are not very helpful. All in all, I regret using their service and will never use them again for any bookings.

I am a seasoned traveler and booking online. Despite that found with Orbitz you should not expect support after the booking; none unless you have endless hours to spend being transferred and providing info to only never get resolved.

I had to change the return leg of a flight to the following day, travelling from Perth (Western Australia) to Sydney. The change fee Orbitz charge is $68. They also charge the difference in flight costs, which is OK. However, the total cost of changing the flight (change fee + difference) was higher than the cost of booking the exact same flight anew through Orbitz. This was a blatant rip-off. The so-called "customer support" person I spoke to was really bad. I ended up booking the flight through another airline, and lost the amount I had paid for the canceled leg of the flight.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Orbitz is an online travel website owned by Expedia Inc. It was founded in 2001 and acquired by Expedia in 2015.

• Rewards: Orbitz rewards travelers with points they can exchange for discounts.
  • Vacation packages: Travelers can save money by choosing vacation packages instead of buying services individually.
  • Activities: Orbitz can help tourists find activities and events in their destination cities.
  • Mobile apps: Mobile users gain access to exclusive deals.
  • Scratchpad: The website's Scratchpad feature helps travelers keep track of offers that interest them.
  • Best for Budget, domestic and international travelers.

Compare Travel Sites