2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.07/5

Orbitz Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orbitz?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orbitz?

Original review: July 10, 2020

I booked six tickets on Orbitz and hit the cancel button within 24 hours. They said I never canceled the tickets so had to pay for new ones. Got new tickets and arrived at the airport for the return flight on Delta. Arrived early for 6:30 am flight and Delta said that Orbitz dropped the ticket. Orbitz blamed Delta. I had to spend over $2500 to get one-way tickets the same day after I already paid Orbitz for the ticket. I called attorney and now working on legal action. Avoid Orbitz at all costs and go direct through the airlines!!!

Original review: July 8, 2020

I cancelled a flight on Delta that I had booked through Orbitz. I received a confirmation of the cancellation from Orbitz dated May 4th. In the confirmation it stated "Fare differences and change fee will be waived provided the ticket is reissued on/before September 30, 2020." I tried to rebook a flight, same destination, same cities, only to be told that Delta wouldn't waive the price difference. I told them I had a letter from Orbitz stating that there would be no charges for price difference. After 3+ hours on the phone with 3 different Orbitz agents I was told that whoever sent the letter made a mistake and that Orbitz wasn't going to honor the price change waiver.

During the course of my dealings with Orbitz I was cut off 3 different times and had to start over with a new agent each time. I was transferred to a supervisor who told me that her system had just crashed and she would call me back in 10 minutes...never did, and that the customer complaint unit would get back to me within 24 hours...haven't heard from them yet and it's a week later. Every time the agent asks you to hold you are in for a 10+ minute silence, unbelievable! I am at a loss as to how to proceed other than NEVER using Orbitz again.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 7, 2020

If there was a Zero I would score them a Zero. I bought 2 tickets that were for flights when the pandemic hit. I spent weeks trying to get through with no luck until I finally reached a representative who worked on the refund. The tickets were purchased together but on different credit cards as my daughter paid for her own. Her ticket was refunded and mine wasn’t. After multiple phone calls I received an email confirming the refund; however it was never issued. I didn’t hours on the phone waiting for them to clear it up and finally was told tough luck- her ticket was cancelled by the airline and yours wasn’t even though they were purchased under the exact terms. We requested refunds at the same time- both waiting weeks for responses. The corporate representative said they would not help me with this. I’ve been an Orbitz customer for years and it meant zero to them. I do not recommend orbitz travel for anything or anyone.

Original review: July 1, 2020

I would of left a zero rating. My flights and events cancelled due to no travel to Paris from USA. But they won’t refund my hotel reservation. This is so wrong. Covid people. Never use this site or you will get screwed.

Original review: June 30, 2020

Absolute worst NIGHTMARE come true. Orbitz is HORRIBLE /HORRENDOUS/INCOMPETENT!! Save yourself the headache and DO NOT USE Orbitz! You will be left stranded with absolutely no help or competent representative from a front line to leadership level that can help you with any sense of urgency or efficacy. Take a guess how I spent my 35th Birthday on June 19, 2020 at 6am?!?! Give Up???... Alone in the middle of Newark Airport missing every flight to Tampa because OBLIVIOUS ORBITZ ticketing department Never issued me a ticket after I already booked and paid for my flight WEEKS IN ADVANCE!! - Nightmare Starts now - As I'm walking into the check-in area of the airline a FULL hour ahead of schedule before my flight starts boarding at 7:14; the airline had difficulty locating my info in their system.

Upon further investigation they informed me that their system shows that I have not been issued a ticket and the travel agency (HORRIBLE ORBITZ) canceled my reservation!!! I immediately jump on the phone with HORRENDOUS ORBITZ and stood on the phone with the most incompetent representative for 2 HOURS!! YESSSS, 2 HOURS on the phone with a representative, MISSING every single flight leaving out of that airport. She could not find my reservation after completely giving her my itinerary information OVER and OVERRRR again. Then during the second hour of the phone call she finds out that the ticketing department at OUTRAGEOUS ORBITZ neglectfully never issued me a ticket but took my payment!! HOW INSANE!!

I have spoken to 5 representative from front line level to lastly a woman named "Elizabeth" in "corporate" on June 20, 2020 who kept me on hold for 1 hour and 45 minutes to then disconnect the call. Orbitz you guys are horrible and not only stole my money; YOU STOLE MY FAMILY TIME AND 35th BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION WITH MY FAMILY. I Suggest someone from corporate get in contact with me immediately. ORBITZ itinerary number # **. AGENT: NT Booking REF: **. Hopefully you have enough competency to look up my contact with the info listed (DOUBT IT). Folks do not use these incompetent imbeciles unless you want to be stranded in an airport for two hours with a canceled trip and Orbitz taking your money for it. I WILL UPDATE THIS POST.

Original review: June 29, 2020

If I could give Orbitz 0 stars I would. They wont let you write reviews on their website if you only booked a flight. During this Covid-19 issue we tried to cancel a flight we had booked so we could reschedule it. They wouldn't allow us to call so we had to cancel online. They never canceled our flights. Now, we are having issues of rebooking because it looks as if we missed our flights. Our tickets are now almost tripled what they would have been and they will not do anything about it. They said, "Sorry it's not our issue. Call the airline."

Original review: June 28, 2020

Orbitz won't help you get a refund when airlines cancel flights. I have previously without problems. But that was when there was no issue involved. Recently however Air Canada canceled flights because of coronavirus issues. Under those circumstances the airline will refund the full amount. When I called Air Canada they told me that I could only obtain a refund through the party that sold me the tickets. I have spoken with Orbitz representatives multiple times. I have sent multiple emails and they always referred me back to Air Canada. They are not willing to take responsibility for this issue. It would be much better if I had booked the tickets directly with Air Canada and I would not have lost anything just a headache. In general stay away from Orbitz. They'll take your money but they won't get it back for you when they should.

Original review: June 28, 2020

I booked the Jaz Hotel in Amsterdam for one night (June 28) last January. Then Covid 19 hit the U.S. badly, so much so that the EU recently would not allow ANY flights from the US to the European nation. I was to stay there after departing my cruise (which I did not take). The hotel would NOT refund my money under any circumstances, even though I would have to swim the Atlantic Ocean in order to arrive there. As if Covid 19 were my invention. Orbitz would not refund my money either, nor would they provide a credit for the same amount of money that I could use elsewhere within a certain time frame. Not even for a fee withheld (which I should not have to pay regardless). Sorry. Tough luck. You lose. I'll NEVER use a middleman (i.e travel agency) again, especially ORBITZ.

Original review: June 27, 2020

My husband and I booked our honeymoon to Italy for May of 2020. Clearly, due to Covid, that is not happening. At first, we received correspondence that our flights were being cancelled due to Covid and we would receive a credit. Then it became clear that if we did not book our travel by a certain date, we would lose the credit.

We went back on Orbitz and found virtually the same flight and went to book online. But at the point where you confirm purchase and you would normally put in the voucher number or confirmation number, that is not possible. Instead, you have to call or 'chat' with Orbitz and they have to 'manually' do it for you. I have been attempting to complete this purchase for over 3 hours. It is clear that they make this process challenging, in the hope that the consumer gives up and they do not redeem the voucher. I have been on the chat for hours and was just informed that they are not able to complete the purchase. Worst customer service.

Original review: June 23, 2020

I never write review but this time I will because Orbitz customer service is horrible. Am going to book with them again... Never... Am going to tell everyone not to book with you? Definitely. Here is my story. I'm Olga. We booked tickets to Tampa. On June 10th Orbitz sent me email to say my returning flights hours was change. I looked and said that is okay as it gives me one hour between each flight. On june 21st we came to tampa airport. We trying to print tickets. We cannot. We came to counter and American employee tells us our flight was changed. Call orbits.

I spent 6 hours on phone. I was crying, very upset, stressful. I have 4 year old with me. My sister works in CICU in hospital. Needs to be at work. Orbitz employee tells me that I should call airlines and talk with them. She is not solving issue. I talked with manager and she is not helping either. There is no flights to Seattle or Spokane until 26th of June. I called Alaska and Alaska said that they notified orbitz on june 15th, and I was on june 21st at airport. Should orbitz notify me?. Yes they should. I bought tickets with them and they should take care of their customers. They notified me that hours was changed of flights but they did not notify me that it was cancelled. Cancellation is more important than changing hours.

When I told this to 2nd manager, he did not submit orbitz mistake. He made me feel that it is my mistake and I should check with airlines directly every day if my flight would be cancelled or not. If orbitz just notified I would have plenty of time to change flights in advance and not be on phone for 6 hours, stressing out, crying, my sister was stressing out. My child was hungry, tired. Should orbits treat customer like that? No. We trust orbitz buying tickets through you and they are blaming airlines. If I bought tickets through them yes I would blame them. They treat us horrible. Could not find any flights. told me that they are not going to pay extra for flights if there is difference.

Manager offered me ticket and told me to pay $1000 difference for each tickets to fly one way for each person. I said gave me refund. I wish I said that in beginning but I waste my health, my time, and they stressed us so much. Of coarse tickets is so expensive to buy on same day but they could get find us tickets as it was their mistake they should cover the expenses. I am hoping to get refund in 30 days. I will not recommend to use orbitz to anyone especially if you buy flights. Use Expedia. Or buy directly with airline. Service is horrible. They treat their customers horribly. They stressed me so much. I am very sad with customer service. I will definitely tell my relatives who fly a lot, friends, coworkers not use your company.

Orbitz author review by ConsumerAffairs

Orbitz is an online travel website owned by Expedia Inc. It was founded in 2001 and acquired by Expedia in 2015.

• Rewards: Orbitz rewards travelers with points they can exchange for discounts.

• Vacation packages: Travelers can save money by choosing vacation packages instead of buying services individually.

• Activities: Orbitz can help tourists find activities and events in their destination cities.

• Mobile apps: Mobile users gain access to exclusive deals.

• Scratchpad: The website's Scratchpad feature helps travelers keep track of offers that interest them.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team