2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.00/5

Orbitz Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orbitz?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orbitz?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

Book with the airlines after you’ve looked at any travel website and they will match the price. I have travelled extensively and I have never dealt with a bunch of more incompetent, apathetic, not responsible, not accountable “Customer Service” people in my life. Orbitz booked a flight that didn’t exist and refused to do anything about it after 5 agent and 3 hours on the phone stuck in LaGuardia airport. Orbitz offered to pay part of a Hillel. I was left with no choice but to stay at the airport where the TSA kicked me out into 36° weather. Thanks Orbitz.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

Well I booked a flight to PHX through Orbitz and it booked 2 different airlines for round trip. First airline cancelled my flight and the second orbitz refuses to refund even though I didn't cancel the first flight. So I called the airline and they say orbitz can refund the money but they refuse to do so. Thanks orbitz. I will never ever refer you to anyone and will recommend that no one ever use orbitz! They don't care that you lose money! You would think that due to this whole COVID situation they'd want to take care of their customers but I guess not!

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

The experience with Orbitz is absolutely disgusting and quite frankly laughable HOW they are still in business. They have price guarantee?! Price on airfare went significantly down on orbitz and I sent them a form with all information and screenshot required to reimburse me the difference. They responded saying I should’ve done it within 24 hrs...which I actually did (within exactly 18 hrs). Their next response was “required information was missing”...which it obviously wasn’t (I sent it). Their next step is to ignore my emails because they can’t come up with any more excuses why they can’t satisfy price guarantee clearly posted on their website. In my opinion, Orbitz is a joke and has to be avoided at all costs. Spend your money anywhere else really besides on their website!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

They will not let you write a review on their website because it would be -40.00 instead of 4.0. I have used Orbitz for years, I am one of their "Gold Customers" and they do not care about their customers. They canceled one of my flights but will not give me a refund on my other two flights because of their "policy". I did not chose to cancel them, they did, and it has been over three weeks and hours and hours on hold and they still wont give me my refund. They keep on saying they will call me and email me and still nothing, I am going on the 4th week now.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

Made reservations five months in advance at The Crescent Hotel in Eureka Springs as it sells out fast. Paid for the suite which was over $300 per night. Drove over 5 hours to get there, and checked in. Our room was a $150 room that was not what we paid for. Went to the front desk who said they'd gladly give us a suite considering we paid for a suite but they've been booked up for months. We would have to call Orbitz. They verified that the room we got was a $150 room but Orbitz charged us double. On the phone with them for over two hours. They absolutely took no responsibility. Said we booked what we booked, even tho the front desk said our room was not a suite nor was it $300 per night. So we paid Orbitz double for a room at the Crescent Hotel when we could have just booked it on the hotel's website for half the price.. If we were just wanting a regular room. What a scam! Please do not use this company!!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

I have had the ORBITZ REWARD VISA CARD for years...Lately they are not giving the promised 2% on purchases and are cheating..If you try to contact them, they refer you to Comenity Bank. Comenity Bank will transfer you back to Orbitz...There isn't even a category on the ORBITZ REWARDS VISA WEBSITE for REWARDS or REWARDS QUESTIONS/ISSUES. I have spent thousands this card and feel cheated...There is no recourse..You will get a script reader in the Philippines WHO CANNOT HELP YOU..Disgusting and dishonorable company.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

Took over 3 HOURS to re-book a flight cancelled due to Covid! Customer service wanted to charge more than what the ORBITZ website was quoting. HORRIBLE!!! DO NOT USE ORBITZ!!! USE AIRLINE WEBSITE DIRECTLY! SAVE TIME!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I had booked a flight over the summer through Orbitz - the airline decided to cancel the flight and Orbtiz has so far not offered any signs of a refund. I have called once a month to check on the status of a refund but I am told instead to monitor the airline website as they are not considering any refund requests. As I booked through Orbtiz, I would have hoped the third party would have offered a partial refund as they also profit from the service. I will continue to call in hopes of receiving a refund, but am quickly accepting that my money was likely taken and won't be returned despite a cancellation that was out of my control.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Do not use Orbitz- worst customer service ever. Their only job is to rip you off. If you book a flight with them and have to change it you will not get a refund or they will recalculate it at a higher price even if there are cheaper flights they are advertising. Then if you try to talk to them they will drop your chat over and over so you have to start all over with a different person and they say, "Sorry you got disconnected." Then you call and talk to them and they hang up on you. Always check with the Airlines if you have a credit with Orbitz because if your flight was cancelled due to Covid you may be able to redeem your credit directly from the airlines. Buyer Beware!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

I booked my flight with this company since January 2020 for a flight to Guyana for June 30 and Return July 15th. When the pandemic broke out in the United States and we went on lockdown in March. I called Orbitz to cancel my ticket but I was told I need to call within 72 hours of my departure date. So I called on June 28 and was told that the airline had cancel my ticket and I was due for a full refund. They send me an email with a confirmation code stating I will be getting a full refund of $645. I waited 7 days and no refund was posted from my original payment. I called again and was told it will take another 5 days to get refunded. I never received a refund. I called and spoke to the supervisor who told me I am definitely getting my refund. It’s been 1 month and 3 weeks I never got my refund.

I keep calling and they keep telling me I will be getting it. That the process takes time. It’s almost 2 months and I never got my refund. It’s a freaking global pandemic and these people are ripping people off. We don’t even have money to buy food or pay our bills because everyone lost their jobs. And these people keep lying to me about my refund. I didn’t cancel my ticket. The airline cancel my ticket because of covid. Why is it so hard to get my money back ? This company needs to be shut down. I need to get my money back. I will never use them again. They deserve 0 ratings.

Orbitz author review by ConsumerAffairs

Orbitz is an online travel website owned by Expedia Inc. It was founded in 2001 and acquired by Expedia in 2015.

• Rewards: Orbitz rewards travelers with points they can exchange for discounts.

• Vacation packages: Travelers can save money by choosing vacation packages instead of buying services individually.

• Activities: Orbitz can help tourists find activities and events in their destination cities.

• Mobile apps: Mobile users gain access to exclusive deals.

• Scratchpad: The website's Scratchpad feature helps travelers keep track of offers that interest them.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team