Orbitz

Compare Travel Sites

Research top Travel Sites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Well, seems like many have the issue I had. I purchased insurance when I booked my flight and hotel package, in the event of cancellation. I had to cancel and all Orbitz will tell me is that I can schedule another trip within a year, which is the same thing Delta offered without any insurance purchased and their vacation waiver terms do not specify this policy at all, they actually imply a refund for cancellation. So all they do is make some money off their customers for no insurance offered at all. Keep away if possible.

I'll open by admitting that I made a mistake. I accidentally booked a flight to NYC in the PM when it was supposed to be the morning flight. Luckily, I purchased insurance in case I needed to make any changes. I called Orbitz, rescheduled a completely new flight to and from, and was told I had a credit on a future flight totaling about $547. This is where it turns rotten... I was told there would be a penalty fee. I had to use my credit before a year from the date I originally purchased the tickets (6 months left). AND I had FOUR days (Dec. 3rd.) to reschedule or lose the total credit. I called Dec. 2nd with plans... I'll use my credit to take my Wife to Vegas for a Birthday weekend. On the Orbitz site, I found the the right dates, the right flight, hotel and car. I was told to call customer support when I made my decision...

The Fine Print; My credit of $547 is now $347. What I thought would be a "penalty fee" of maybe $10 or $20 is a HUNDRED DOLLARS per ticket! I can't use my flight credit on any other airlines than originally purchased (JetBlue). OK, my United flight to Vegas with a travel time of 4 hours from SW Florida just turned into a FOURTEEN hour flight! If you fly JetBlue, you better be flying to BOSTON. Would you like to fly SW Florida to Phoenix? SW Florida to Las Vegas? SW Florida to Denver? How about a simple flight from SW Florida to Richmond, VA??? You have to fly to Boston first then hop on another flight BACKWARDS! I have just lost $547.00. I warn you... Buyer beware! I, personally, will NEVER do business with Orbitz OR JetBlue again.

I purchased a flight+hotel+rental car deal from Orbitz. After I paid for it, I purchased an additional car rental then canceled it after few minutes by calling Orbitz customer service line. Then I noticed in the email received from Orbitz that the rental car wasn't included as it was in the deal. I called customer service. First Rep. hanged off the phone on me. Second one and his supervisor were friendly, but didn't solve the problem although I sent the supervisor a screenshot of the deal, and the deal was available while I was talking to her. Then I asked her to transfer me to the manager.

She did after long waiting, whoever talked to me after the supervisor told me, after I asked for her name, she said her name is Sonya **, who wasn't friendly at all. She didn't solve the problem and she told me that she is an Incorporate customer service Rep. But when I told her that I was supposed to talk to the manager, she said that she is the supervisor's manager! She also said that the screenshot that I sent is modified by Photoshop and not true! I asked her to check the deal online which was still available on Orbitz site during our conversation but no respond, and finally when I asked for her email to send the proof, she gave me this address for any legal action: **. This was really bad experience Orbitz!

Worst customer service ever!! I have had to call Orbitz 10 times and issue is still not resolved and flight is in 2 days. All of these calls have been over an hour long including a 5 hour long call. I needed to change my name on the flight ticket to my maiden name to match my passport. After all the calls and different answers from different supervisors they said they were not able to change it. So I traveled 6 hours away to get a same day passport made under my married name. After this exhausting day I called them to tell them I got my passport changed just to make sure they didn't end up changing it to my maiden. Guess what, 2 days later I check Delta because of course I don't trust Orbitz and of course they changed my name to my maiden!

So now I'm on the phone with them again for 3 hours with all different supervisors that can barely understand English!!! So first they lied they couldn't change my name and then they end up changing it after I changed my passport and specifically told them not to anymore! Wow!! This is the biggest nightmare to deal with this company! I still don't know what will happen or how many more calls I will have to make and how much hold time and transfers from one incompetent worker to the next!! Nobody seems to know what they are doing.

If I could give negative stars to them I would. Pretty much the same story as everyone else. I booked a vacation package with some co-workers to attend another co-worker's wedding. We purchased the insurance. SCAM alert!!! Ultimately the wedding was called off. The flights were non-refundable, non-transferable so we each lost over $1250. We were refunded the $155 each for the 4 days hotel. Despite the insurance saying "you or your group can cancel 1 time for any reason" they fine print you into a BS medical reason and steal your money. Never EVER pay for this insurance. Also stay far far away from ORBITZ. Book directly with the airlines if possible, many offer packages. I wish there was more I could do to prevent people from getting scammed by ORBITZ. Don't be fooled, they trade the phone around when you ask for a supervisor. Total garbage.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orbitz?

Thankfully my hotel accidentally charged me for my room in addition to Orbitz's charges... That's how I found out that Orbitz had overcharged me by $47. When I called to complain, I was informed there is no low price guarantee and since I agreed to pay the amount they originally charged, there was nothing they could do. Orbucks are a joke unless you use enough to get your room free. They make sure to absorb them in the price of the room. The hotel had no knowledge of my Orbucks and they still charged me less than Orbitz did.

I bought tickets to Barcelona and exactly one month later, I find the airfare has gone down 954.00. I call them for the credit and they keep me going for two weeks before telling me that I had only 2 days to ask for the credit. The flights went down in price a EXACTLY A MONTH LATER to the date. Called Delta and Delta said if they had put the amount I paid for the tickets in the system they might have been able to help me. Needless to say I am so upset at the RIP OFF effect I've received from ORBITZ. I really think we should start a class action suit against them.

The times for my round-trip flight to Savannah for Christmas were changed. I canceled the flight figuring I paid for flight/trip protection so I would get a refund, only to find out after canceling I was not eligible for a refund as I didn't fall under the proper circumstances for cancellation! I feel ripped off! I work hard for a living and feel robbed!

Orbitz shows all flight in US funds which they don't say until you are ready to purchase the flight and it's so small it easy to overlook. They also say taxes and fees are included but they aren't. You do get charged extra for taxes and fees. Tried to call them and resolve the discrepancy but they had no interest in helping and would not help out at all. I will be disputing with my credit card company. Do yourself a favour and book with someone else. I don't recommend this company and I would never use them again.

Booked a ticket with this company and it clearly said we are allowed to cancel within 24 hours but when I had to cancel these scammers decide there is no cancellation. Oh I also purchased the trip cancellation insurance, "sorry this is only for medical emergencies." This company is seriously scamming people. I will never use this service again and I highly recommend no one else does.

I booked a flight. It showed it was 780 dollars and that I had 8 min to book. I booked within the 8 min and when I noticed the charge it had gone up 200 dollars for a total of 980. I called and customer service told me they can't hold fares on flights and couldn't get a refund. Wouldn't recommend using them, horrible customer service.

Wow is all I can say!! I have never dealt with such incompetent people in my whole life. I booked a flight/hotel/car rental for the week of Dec20th-

Dec26th for myself, my wife and my 2 kids to go from NJ to Orlando. I have had prior experiences with Orbitz and they all were great. Good deals exceptional prices, so how was I to know the mess they were going to make with my bank account? I went online, picked out all the details on my travel and when I went to pay it said they are currently experiencing issues with their website and flight could not be booked at this time, to try again later or in a few moments. I then received an email from Spirit saying my flight has been cancelled, total paid 708.86, refund amount zero.

I immediately called Orbitz. They assured me nothing will be removed from my account and if I would like her to book my reservations for me. I said "yes." I then went through the whole process with the rep. and then once at booking time she received same error and informed me they are updating their website to make it more consumer friendly. She is sorry for my inconvenience but she will save my travel details to my scratch pad and to try later. The next morning I had 3 more emails from Spirit saying my flight was canceled so on, same as previous email. I then check my bank again only to find Orbitz and Spirit took over 3000.00 out of my bank account but nothing has been booked!!!

Ommmgg like wtf. Of course it's Sunday so banks are closed except the 1800 so my husband immediately calls bank while I'm calling Orbitz. Orbitz has no recollection of anything, said they see nothing in their system!! Are you for real? We had to cancel and dispute all charges and now it's been 3 days still no money back in my account!! Bank told me call airlines. Spirit says call Orbitz cause they are the third party I went through. Pretty much played telephone game for 3 hours and I kept hearing same thing over and over. 7-10 days I will receive my money back! This is so absurd. I feel as if I've been robbed. I have 2 kids. They just cleared out my bank account. My checks are balancing and they are all so calm just 7-10 days.

Oh and the icing on the cake - I ask to speak to the supervisor's supervisor. I get transferred to a lady or shall I say girl that in no way is a supervisor with her ghetto talk telling me to "shhh she let me speak." Oh absolutely not will I be told to shhhh from someone with the name Ke stating she works at the corporate office which was a lie cause after I got off the phone with her incompetence I googled corporate and called #1. They were closed so how was she working there. I left a voicemail for corporate and hopefully they can solve my problem for me plus I think after this big ordeal that's occurring because of their systems I deserve my flights at least free since they charged me three times and nothing's even booked!!! Hope this can get resolved soon.

I'm so angry I feel like contacting a lawyer. I don't know if that's even possible but if you're a lawyer and you're reading this and there is a case please give me a call at **. They are frauds. Maybe my stink with customer service got a little somewhere - the 386.00 Orbitz took 3 times has disappeared from my statement, money isn't back yet though. They're so slimy. Ughhhhh. Ruined my family's Christmas vacation!

Stay away! The worst experience ever. They promised me a credit after canceling a flight but they would only honor it if I paid an addition $270.00. Spoke to 7 different agents only to find out none of them understood English! Spoke to 6 supervisors and 1 manager which all promised to help. None of them helped me. I lost my credit of $1,156.00. I'm now reporting this to the BBB.

Booked a hotel room at 10:00 PM on Monday for the following day-- nothing on the hotel info page said anything about a cancellation fee. AFTER I booked the room, the confirmation page stated that cancellation or changes after 5:00 PM the day before the check-in day (I was already 5 hours past that) would incur a charge for the first night's stay. When I called the hotel, they said I had to call Orbitz. When I called Orbitz, "no one was available to take my call." AGHHHH! When I finally got in touch with customer service, of course they couldn't refund my money or do ANYTHING FOR ME. Never, ever EVER will I use Orbitz again.

I booked a vacation on Orbitz. When I booked I added the promo code and the website kept switching the hotels on me (crummy website). Finally got it right and during booking it changed again. When I called them they would not give me the vacation package special and had to book both separately which cost me an extra $1000. Stay away from Orbitz. When I called the help phone number the people on the phone were worthless and could care less. Avoid them and now Expedia since they are the same company.

I have a credit from a flight I previously cancelled and Orbitz has made it virtually impossible to use the credit. I have called several times and they claim they don't know if the credit can be used even though I have an email confirmation from them stating the amount and expiration date for this credit. I truly believe they are dragging their feet on it to avoid honoring the credit before it expires. When you call, they will tell you they will call you back in 24-48 hours. It has been a week and I still haven't received an answer despite calling them back multiple times. Bottom line: don't use Orbitz. They have very bad (borderline illegal) business practices. Don't get your money taken from you.

My experience of booking a flight with Orbitz was very negative due to the deceitful and misleading business practice conducted by Orbitz. When I already started booking the ticket through Orbitz, the price was about 10% lower. However, without ANY notification about the price change, Orbitz wrote off higher amount about which I found out only after my credit card write off. So be careful if you decide to book with Orbitz. The price during the booking process may differ substantially from the sum wrote off of your credit card (and not in your favor). I believe such practice is unfair because Orbitz should honor the initial price once the booking is started or, at least, notify the customer BEFORE the write off that the price has changed during the booking process.

Therefore, I applied for refund according to Orbitz Best Price Guarantee Policy. Orbitz made the procedure of applying for refund much more difficult than it should be. They requested me additional info which was not necessary. Since I am a lawyer, I anticipated that might happen, so I was prepared in advance. However, most of people would not be able to satisfy Orbitz's additional requests to qualify for refund.

My refund was approved BUT Orbitz stated that "Your refund... will be processed 30 days after the completion of your trip. After which, the refund will reflect on your account after 5 days..." However, according to art. 11 of Best Price Guarantee Terms and Conditions "Verified requests will receive a credit to the credit card used for the booking, within approximately 7-10 days of verification." Therefore, the 30 days approach re refund processing clearly contradicts the provisions of Best Price Guarantee Terms and Conditions which I pointed out to Orbitz employee. Orbitz replied that "Article 11 refers to the approximate days of verification by the credit card company to process the refund."

I wrote the following reply to Orbitz re this: "I carefully read Orbitz's Best Price Guarantee Terms and Conditions again and I could not find the 30 days refund return rule mentioned in your email. Such rule is expressly set out for Orbucks but not for refund. In fact, art. 11 of Orbitz's Best Price Guarantee Terms and Conditions does not even mention credit card company. Which is logical, because Orbitz cannot guarantee that a third party not controlled by Orbitz (i.e. credit card company) will process the refund within 7-10 days. It would be very strange for Orbitz to guarantee the exact number of days (7-10 days) for performing the actions by third parties not controlled by Orbitz that are located in foreign countries and operate under various foreign laws.

Therefore, according to the legal meaning of the wording of art. 11 of Best Price Guarantee Terms and Conditions and common sense, 7-10 days term refer to Orbitz's own obligation to process the refund and not the obligation of the third party not controlled by Orbitz. Summing up, I should be grateful if you could send me the quote form Orbitz's regulations or policies stating that 30 days term applies to refund return. Please also indicate the source of this information with a web link attached to it. Otherwise I would be inclined to believe that Orbitz is willingfully misleading its clients to believe that they will get fast refund from Orbitz in 7-10 days when in fact it is not true. If this is the case, such actions of Orbitz are unfair to its customers and are in bad faith and therefore such actions should be brought to the attention of existing and potential clients and state regulators."

I did not receive any quotes or links to Orbitz policy re 30+ days refund processing. In its reply Orbitz has just stated that 30 days refund is their new policy. That just proves that Orbitz conducts a deceitful business practice leading its customers to believe that getting a refund is quick and easy when in fact it is not. I am very disappointed with Orbitz and I will not recommend anyone to work with a company that misleads and deceives its customers.

I booked a round trip on Orbitz. The outgoing flight on Spirit and incoming on Frontier. I received an email confirmation for only the outgoing. I immediately called Orbitz and they said there is no record of the outgoing flight. They said call Spirit to get a refund. I did and rebooked directly with Spirit for a round trip flight. Then a few days later, my account shows a charge from Frontier. Orbitz still claims they have no evidence of a flight with them and when you call Orbitz they say call Frontier. You call Frontier and they say call Orbitz. Everyone passes the buck. After several wasted calls and hours of my life I can never get back, I now am filing a fraudulent charge on my account. The kicker is I got charged a service fee from Orbitz as well. A fee for what, making my life difficult and taking my money without providing a service. Thanks Orbitz and never again. At least Spirit came through, I can at least get back home.

I booked a flight on 10/10/16 using a travel credit for a flight I had booked last year. A double booking occurred when I could not verify my trip plan so I called the airline directly. The credit was the airfare but required a $200.00 rebooking charge. It took me some hours to arrange a nonstop flight to NY. I waited for the confirmation, it never came so I spent another hour trying to locate the flight plan, used customer assistance. They wrote that they were unable to find the booking, another hour on the phone and finally the agent decided to book a new flight, only to discover there was once again a double booking!! I found the experience tiring, frustrating, and expensive! No apologies received.

I booked and paid a ticket for 3800 Euros. I received an email to say the booking was not confirmed by the supplier. The account was charged anyway and no confirmation of booking was sent. When I canceled, it took over 5 hours of waiting time over 5 phone calls, a full refund was denied although the booking wasn't confirmed.

I am writing to complain about services provided by Orbitz. I booked a round-trip ticket to China on September 28, 2016 for a price of $1048.66 and received a confirmation (Itin: ** - Case ID: ** Booking Ref: **) in my email on September 28, 2016, saying that my reservation "is booked and confirmed. There is no need to call us to reconfirm this reservation." On September 29, 2016, Orbitz informed me via email that the airline has not acknowledged the flight. When I called the customer service I was told that I should not be worried and a new ticket confirmation would be sent to me shortly, which Orbitz did. The email indicated, again, that "the ticket is booked and confirmed. There is no need to call us to reconfirm this reservation."

On September 30th, 2016, when I arrived to JFK airport to check in, I was surprised to hear that I was not in the passenger fly-list. I immediately contacted Orbitz. I was then informed that the credit card did not go through and, therefore, I have no ticket to fly. Due to the fact that transfer ticket to another city in China had been bought and pick-up had been arranged for me there, I had no choice but to buy a one-way ticket from JFK to China on the spot, which was one and a half hour before the plane took off. The ticket cost me $730. When I come back to the State, I will have to buy another one-way ticket for a similar price. The total cost of the round trip ticket will add up to more than $ 1400, which is about $400 more expensive than the one I originally bought online with Orbitz. The experience with Orbitz not only added a lot of hectic and aggravation to my trip to China, but a few hundred dollars extra to my budget.

I am requesting that Orbitz find a solution to accommodate the extra $400 that I had to pay out of my pocket due to the misinformation that was provided by Orbitz's customer service. A one-way ticket from China to the State or credits for a future plane ticket would be most appreciated. I have been a loyal customer of Orbitz for quite a number of years. My prior experiences with Orbitz buying tickets and booking hotels have been pleasant. I wish that Orbitz would be able to find a solution for this unpleasant experience I had this time. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

I recently traveled to Montreal, booking the airline portion through Orbitz this past summer. My return flight was Montreal - Toronto - San Diego. When I checked in for my return I noticed I didn't receive a boarding pass from Toronto - San Diego and my luggage was checked only to Toronto. To make a long story short Air Canada had a schedule change of which they notified Orbitz on July 7th that the leg from Toronto to San Diego was discontinued the day I was flying. After spending over an hr on the phone (received my phone bill today for that $65 charge) they offered absolutely no compensation - for the airline change fee, a hotel in Toronto (next to impossible to find a reasonable hotel in that town during the World Cup of hockey), extra meals or taxi fares.

Their excuse was "they have no control if airlines change their schedules". I wholeheartedly agree but since this was booked through Orbitz rather than the airline who has no contact information for a passenger who books through a third party, I was flabbergasted they would take absolutely no responsibility for not contacting me. I will NEVER book anything on Orbitz and advise others the same.

How does BBB give Orbitz a 4 star rating with 1 positive review, and 112 negative reviews? I booked a flight via Orbitz. I never made it to my destination. AA provided Orbitz with a refund on my behalf. Orbitz never passed the refund forward. Orbitz states they provided a refund, but myself and my bank tell a different story. After a year of fighting, Orbitz still cannot provide a banking reference number, the reference number they provide is not a banking reference number, my bank has written a dozen letters, stating they never accepted a refund from Orbitz, and the reference number they are providing is not a banking reference number. As of today Orbitz now says they refunded me twice, but cannot provide a reference number for either refund.

I don't know where to start. I booked a flight from Tennessee to China. First of all, I pulled up the flight and hotel that I wanted, then I found a better price at Travelocity, so while I was looking a both prices, I called Orbitz on the phone, I ask them if they price matched their competition? The lady at Orbitz said "Yes, we do". I told her that Travelocity was $54 cheaper than her price and would she go ahead and price match that. She pulled it up on her computer and looked at it, while I was looking at it. She said "I see that, but I cannot price match it now, you have to go ahead and book thru Orbitz, then fill out a price guarantee claim and I guarantee you that Orbitz will refund the difference."

I said, "Well, the price might change before I get that done, she said to do a screenshot, "take a picture of your screen", so I got my phone and took a picture of the screen and added the insurance protection for the package and booked the flight and hotel. Then I file the claim for the refund, on the price guarantee and was told that they didn't have any way to prove that Travelocity was cheaper when I booked my flight. Even though I sent them the pictures of the screen, that plainly show Orbitz and Travelocity prices and the clock on my screen showed four minutes before I booked the flight.

After fighting for 3 days, I gave up. There goes that $54. Then a few days later I became too sick to go on the trip, I bought the Insurance for $74, that said "Cancel for any reason and get a 100% refund on your hotel and flight." So, I contacted Orbitz to cancel and was told that I had to contact the insurance company, Anon, to get my money back on the flight, then I find out that you cannot cancel for any reason and it a big bunch of bull. I was told that it depended on why I canceled, if I qualified. So, I told them that I was too sick to go on the trip. Then they send me a form that says that I must go to my doctor and he must give me a doctors excuse saying that I was too sick to go on the flight, so there goes a days work, and $100 doctors office call.

Weeks have gone by, still no refund. Also, every time you call Orbitz, with a question, you get a different answer, from everyone you talk to. They even told me that I didn't have insurance, at first. Then they said I did, but I could only change my flight. I could go on and on and on. I found out that it does not matter what the website says at Orbitz, after they trick you into booking, you're just out of luck. And when you start trying to get questions answered from Orbitz, get ready to talk to people all over the world. Travelocity does seem to be cheaper. And surely their customer service is better.

It was my first time to use Orbitz and so frustrated with their service. I booked a flight from Toronto to DFW, got an email the next day that my flight was cancelled. The agent advise me to make another booking since the booking was cancelled. I got a confirmation from Orbitz that the second booking I made was confirmed. I contacted the customer service after I found out that I was charged twice for the booking fee and also found out that my second booking was cancelled without any advice from their end. I was totally shocked and frustrated because all the while I thought I have a confirmed flight ticket. Took me 2 hours to talk to their customer service just to get my refund for the booking fee and I need to call my bank regarding the booking that was charged to my account. I have to look for another airline for my cancelled IT. It's my first time to use ORBITZ and don't think I would want to use it again!!!

I booked a flight and hotel through Orbitz in March for a June trip to West Knoxsville,TN. After paying about $900 including insurance it became a nightmare. Within two weeks I got a email saying my return flight was changed for later in the day. I accepted it, no big deal. Then the following week I get an email saying my departure flight was changed for later due to some problem with the flight via American Airlines. I didn't want to pay for a hotel I wouldn't be in for most of the day so I called Orbitz. Two hours on the line and I had to get a new flight which included a one stop but I would get in around 2 pm. Then something came up at work and I had to postponed the trip for one month. Two more hours being transferred around to find out my insurance only covers if I am dead or kidnapped.

Finally the hotel waived a fee and the room was cheaper so they switched me over and I was back to Thursday 7:30 to 9:15 departure return Friday 3:25 to 5:15 pm. A week later I get a notice the flight has been changed again. Same plane, same flight two months in a row has been canceled? Again two hours on the phone and the rep has not other flights for the day even though I see it on their page. I looked at American Airlines and saw flights on their web page and decided to cancel the flight and keep the room. Rep apologized and said I would get a refund. A month later and no refund.

I called my credit card who called Orbitz who told me I would get a credit only and refused to transfer me to a supervisor. So I filed a chargeback with my CC card. Then check the reviews on Orbitz and decided to call the hotel to make sure there was an actual reservation for me. Lo and behold there is none. I call Orbitz, get put on hold repeatedly, rep tells me I have a reservation with them but not the hotel, puts me on hold and eventually hung up. So I filed a chargeback with my CC card again the hotel charge and booked then directly through the airlines and the hotel myself. I get a call a couple of weeks ago by a rep from Orbitz dispute department who wants my CC info so I can complete my reservation or cancel it but no refund will be given. The lady was rude and told me the credit card company told her to contact me and they don't make the reservation because it is too far out (3 months is far out?).

They wait a week before I go to make the actual reservation. She then hung up on me. Then while on vacation I had a collection dept call me for the money, which I went off on and directed then to my credit card company since a chargeback was filed. 90 days went by while Orbtiz contested, but did not send any documentation to show services rendered. The case was closed with my credit card company and I got all my money back. They still had a collection department after me. I explain to the rep the whole story and he would put it down as disputed since I never even stayed at the hotel they listed and ended up at a completely different one booked on my own. The fact that they went around the credit card company with a chargeback filed is unbelievably unethical. This company is just a bunch of thieves and the attorney general needs to get involved!!!

After booking a room with Orbitz for the last 7 year for a popular SF event, I learned that others in the same motel got their rooms cheaper with other sites. I looked and yes, the very same room we had with hotels.com was 900.00 for three nights while we paid 1600.00 through Orbitz. Even Orbitz had a lower price for the same nights than what I was guaranteed. The hotel referred us to Orbitz, and we filled out the guarantee in hopes we'd be met at least halfway. I get policy. Among several emails, I was just repeated policy and treated as a number, not a customer that has done business with them for seven years.

So, here's the thing. I feel they rely on customers like me to book early and feel satisfied I have a room reserved for a popular event and leave it as that. Perhaps I'm abnormal, but once I book, I'm satisfied and relieved I have a room. If it wasn't for the other people at the hotel, we would've never known there was a lower price. Not like it's going to bring Orbitz down, but I won't be doing business with them based on the fact I feel they raise prices on purpose and don't alert you if the price drops so you can get a better deal. I've discontinued using Orbitz and will explore other choices.

I booked a rental Car for Los Cabos, Mexico in August Itin# ** via website, Orbitz offered an insurance and I took it. When I was at Los Cabos to pick up the car Hertz told me that insurance was not valid in Mexico, I called Orbitz customer service and required to refund to send copy of several documents via Regular mail or via FAX!!! I request an e-mail and they told me they don't have one for this process, just old fashion... I mean... I booked on a website!!! Orbitz is negligent to refund and they expect to steal my money!

I was reserving a room for my mother and grandmother to get away from an upcoming hurricane. I made a reservation for a certain date and the Orbitz website switched the dates on me to the following week! I called Orbitz and was transferred 4 times between the hotel and back to Orbitz. Orbitz said they would not refund me since my reservation was a nonrefundable one. Even if it was a mistake made one minute prior. NOT MY FAULT! They could not help me and now I am out $300 and two elderly ladies are stuck in SC because I am out of money to pay for another room!! They could not make an exception? How can they prove it was not a computer glitch on their end? The system was absolutely jammed due to people trying to get rooms! I have been an Orbitz member for years and no more. I will NEVER use them again. Horrible customer service and horrible policies.

MOTEL 6 #4924 258 Harry Ln Blvd, Knoxville, TN 37923 (865) 690 - I can not say enough BAD things about this Motel Chain. We pulled in there at 8 PM our time which was 9 PM their time. We checked in opened the room turned down the air conditioner and unloaded the vehicle. We then ordered Pizza From "Marco's Pizza" for delivery. It was about 45 Minutes after we arrived that we noticed the room was not getting cool. While the Pizza was on the way I went down to the office to let them know I had no AC. They said they could move us up to the 3rd floor. I told them I made a reservation for the 1st floor because I have a dog who refuses to go upstairs. The women at the desk said "We have an elevator." Well, I said "He won't go in them either". She said there was nothing they could do for me. OK!!!

Well I went back to my room and my daughter told me that while I was gone someone knocked on the door. I said "you did not answer it did you?" She said no but she looked through the peephole and it was a guy in a black hat and white t-shirt. I immediately went out to my vehicle, got a knife, and went back in the room and locked the bolt. Meanwhile the food was delivered. I told her to go ahead and eat, but I was going to wait a while. She ate and while she was doing so I went up to the desk and told them they would have to do something about my room. The night manager had come on and I talked to him. He told me they could switch me to the room next door, but it was one king bed. I told him I was not going to sleep in a bed with my 18 year old daughter. He said he understood but that was all he could do for me.

I went back to the room and tried to calm down in a HOT room. About 11 PM I finally got to eating my dinner. As I was eating someone knocked on the door. I looked through the peephole and saw no one outside. But as I was doing so, Someone knocked again. I called the night manager and told him what was going on. He came down to the room and apologized. After talking to him I talked to a guy who was fixing the brakes on his truck in the parking lot. I told him what had happened. He said, "Oh those are drug dealers." I said "REALLY?" He said "Ya they have come to our room a few times". Well, I called the desk again and told them I found out that the people knocking on our door were Drug Dealers. He said "OK I will look into it." BUT... It became quite apparent after my conversation with him that this was NOT NEW NEWS!!!

So, a week later I called Motel 6 Customer service, and told them exactly what had gone on. I was told by the Motel 6 Representative that these are Owner operated locations, and if I wanted to complain I needed to call the location I had visited! I said "So, you don't give a DAMN that these people run a Motel with your name on the front of the building and allow drug dealers to knock on the doors all night long"? Again he said "Sir, these are Owner operated locations," and if I wanted to complain I needed to call the location I had visited!" I then told him that I had stayed at other Motel 6 Locations and heard the same "DRUG DEALER" info from other customers staying there. The Motel 6 Representative then said "If you have heard these stories why are you staying with us"??? I WAS DUMBFOUNDED!!! This is how you run a Motel Chain???

OK, I stay there because Dogs are free and I always travel with my Husky. But, this is a ridiculous answer from a corporate Representative. SO, The Summarization is, 1 Daughter, 1 Dog, NO Air Conditioning, 2 (SUPPOSED) drug Dealers, and a Corporate Representative who doesn't give a flying rat's behind how the locations are run!!!!!!

Compare Travel Sites